[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sthg/ Sonic The Hedgehog General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 762
Thread images: 229

File: That's one Rad Dude.png (329KB, 583x610px) Image search: [Google]
That's one Rad Dude.png
329KB, 583x610px
Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #726 - It's Your Uberhog Edition

>Link Compilation<
http://pastebin.com/J6hTXkhK

>Drawfag/Writefag Idea Walls<
http://pastebin.com/j8KkPQ4n
http://pastebin.com/jNKKMk5b

>News/Developments<
Sonic Project 2017 is now Sonic Forces
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/03/16/sxsw-sonic-2017-project-sonic-2017-is-officially-called-sonic-forces/

Sonic Mania Delayed to Summer 2017
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/03/16/sonic-sxsw-2017-sonic-mania-delayed-to-summer-2017/

Flying Battery Zone Shown for Mania
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/03/16/sxsw-sonic-2017-flying-battery-zone-revealed-in-sonic-mania/

Archie Comics in Jeopardy
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/03/28/archie-sonic-update-sega-archie-are-talking-comics-getting-resolicited-cancelled-listings/

Sonic Forces Gameplay
https://youtu.be/_Zm0FvEn5CU

Bump in Sonic 1 v0.1
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/x5kpc8IZ/file.html

Sonic Boom Seasons 1 & 2 can be watched here:
http://www.toonova.com/sonic-boom
http://www.toonova.com/sonic-boom-season-2

Previous Thread: >>173373336
>>
fast
>>
>>173480452
Yes, I do enjoy the boost formula games. I do think Generations is the best Sonic game since 3&K. I do think they're better games than fucking ShTH and Sonic 06. There's no way to argue otherwise without looking like a crazy person.

Everything that happened during the dark ages was Naka's fault. Don't even try to deny it.
>>
Iizuka and Pontaff need to be booted from this franchise.
>>
Can we not start the thread with this stupid argument?
>>
>>173480635
You're too busy focusing on the bad games and ignoring the fact he gave us stuff like Advance and Rush. Actually know what you're talking about, please.
>>
File: 1434311251025.png (56KB, 1000x344px) Image search: [Google]
1434311251025.png
56KB, 1000x344px
>>173480695
>>
Look, Iizuka & Naka have had their mistakes & their successes. Arguing over which one was better is retarded. Please drop it.
>>
File: 1465356659718.jpg (159KB, 635x538px) Image search: [Google]
1465356659718.jpg
159KB, 635x538px
>>173480278
Anon, she wouldn't be wishing for that.
>>
>>173479996
>>173480238
Yuji left Sega while Sonic 06 was still in development. Don't blame him for that garbage.
>>
>>173481031
That was about halfway through, right?
>>
>>173480695
Nah. Last thread was civil. Someone needs to start shitposting.
>>
>>173481141
Something like that. Yuji Naka formed Prope in March of 2006 and Sonic 06 released in November near the holiday season.
>>
>>173481031
Fine. Then I'll blame him for the rest of the dark ages shit. Including, but not limited to: SA2, Heroes, ShTH and Riders. You know, the games that nearly destroyed the brand?

Say what you will about Iizuka but at least he actually gives a shit about the brand quality.
>>
>>173481273
What is Lost World?
>>
File: absolutelygross.jpg (82KB, 575x272px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelygross.jpg
82KB, 575x272px
>>173480462
>a Z33 roadster
>or toyota solara
both absolutely disgusting
>>
File: 1426015486564.jpg (49KB, 452x464px) Image search: [Google]
1426015486564.jpg
49KB, 452x464px
>>173481273

>SA2, Heroes, and Riders
>nearly destroyed the brand
>>
File: 1Yvxpmr.png (810KB, 1178x696px) Image search: [Google]
1Yvxpmr.png
810KB, 1178x696px
>>173481273
>Say what you will about Iizuka but at least he actually gives a shit about the brand quality.
Sonic 06, Sonic and the Lost Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Free Riders, Sonic Boom, and Sonic Unleashed hurt the brand far more than those other games did.
>>
File: 1473296412221.png (10KB, 507x401px) Image search: [Google]
1473296412221.png
10KB, 507x401px
>>173481273
>SA2,Heroes, and Riders nearly destroyed the brand
>>
File: 137423284152.png (87KB, 149x393px) Image search: [Google]
137423284152.png
87KB, 149x393px
>>173481386
Lost World is better than any of those games. As shitty as it is, it's objectively a better game than any of those.

I would much rather play an ok-to-mediocre all-around game to completion than one that's about 25% decent but 75% unplayable garbage.

>>173481590
Iizuka had nothing to do with Sonic 06, the Storybook games, or Unleashed. He only has a "special thanks" credit for those. He didn't become head of Sonic Team until Unleashed was almost ready for release. He didn't have anything to do with Boom either. He's head of Sonic Team, not SEGA.

Among the Sonic games Iizuka actually had a hand in after Naka's departure, there's:

>Rivals 1&2
>Sonic 4
>Colors
>Generations
>Runners
>Lost World

And that's it. Oh, and he's producing Forces as well. Gee, that sure looks like a lot of fucking brand improvement.
>>
File: 894949009.png (532KB, 566x576px) Image search: [Google]
894949009.png
532KB, 566x576px
>>173470869
Nicole and most definitely Rotor.
>>
File: Bump and chao.png (441KB, 1311x1089px) Image search: [Google]
Bump and chao.png
441KB, 1311x1089px
Bump with chao for you guys.
>>
>>173482283
Muh heart
>>
File: BYkez1VCAAALriQ mod.png (677KB, 716x718px) Image search: [Google]
BYkez1VCAAALriQ mod.png
677KB, 716x718px
>>173482283
aaaaaaaa
aww!
>>
>>173482283
This is very cute. Good job!
>>
>>173481273
Iizuka's shit is not even a brand or quality.
>>
>>173482283
when do they fuck
>>
Fake hedgehogs get out
>>
File: WVW69kOpJ1QrOKd_Oq.jpe.jpg (69KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kOpJ1QrOKd_Oq.jpe.jpg
69KB, 800x450px
>>
>>173481959
>Lost World is better than any of those games. As shitty as it is, it's objectively a better game than any of those.
Nigga, you must be introducing yourself to some new substances.

>I would much rather play an ok-to-mediocre all-around game to completion than one that's about 25% decent but 75% unplayable garbage.
The only real garbage you named was 06, but people have played that more than they ever do Lost World. That game has already been forgotten since it was boring as hell.

>Iizuka had nothing to do with Sonic 06, the Storybook games, or Unleashed. He only has a "special thanks" credit for those. He didn't become head of Sonic Team until Unleashed was almost ready for release. He didn't have anything to do with Boom either. He's head of Sonic Team, not SEGA.
My ass he wasn't. He may have not be "in charge" like he is now, but I assure you, he was involved in most of those games.

>Rivals 1&2
Shit.
>Sonic 4
Shit.
>Colors
Probably the only decent thing he made.
>Generations
Pretty much questionable in quality when you get over the nostalgia of Classic Sonic being in there.
>Runners
Forgettable.
>Lost World
Trash.

>And that's it. Oh, and he's producing Forces as well. Gee, that sure looks like a lot of fucking brand improvement.
Iizuka has not improved the brand. People still give Sonic a fuck-ton of criticism, and has made everything messy.

Honestly, just go tell your boss, Iizuka, that he has not kept any "quality" of the brand.
>>
>>173482842
Metal rat
>>
File: Chao with a Plan 02.png (21KB, 248x492px) Image search: [Google]
Chao with a Plan 02.png
21KB, 248x492px
>>173482283
That chao is copping a feel.
>>
>>173483092
>Nigga, you must be introducing yourself to some new substances.
You're being contrarian. Literally everyone within the mainstream gaming community shares the exact same opinion.

>but people have played that more than they ever do Lost World. That game has already been forgotten since it was boring as hell.
So what you're saying is that Sonic 06 is better than Lost World simply by the fact that it's so horrible it's infamous? You seriously, honestly think, that Heroes and ShTH are better games?

>He may have not be "in charge" like he is now, but I assure you, he was involved in most of those games.
Apart from localization, no, no he wasn't.

>Rivals: Shit
Not Sonic Team.
>Sonic 4: Shit
It was a step in the right direction. If not for Sonic 4, we wouldn't have Sonic Mania. Also, not Sonic Team. It was a shock even for them, because Dimps was known for better games than that shoddy performance.
>Colors: Decent
I think you mean "the best Sonic game since 3&K". The game that every critic and fan ever agrees is a good game. Can you say that about anything prior?
>Generations: questionable
Oh please. You're acting like a crazy person at this point. I doubt you've even played it.
>Runners: forgettable
Then why have people been talking about it the last few threads? It's way better than Jump or Dash.
>Lost World: trash
Still better than anything Naka was doing.

>Iizuka has not improved the brand.
Except he has? Hype is higher than it ever was, and so are sales. It's also not hard to see that everyone in the industry is looking forward to the upcoming games.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and are just trying to bait me, so I won't indulge you any further.
>>
>>173482283
The part behind her left arm bothers me. I can't unsee it, it doesn't look right. Am I the only one?
>>
>>173483848
Yes. I don't see anything.
>>
>>173483929
It looks like there's an abnormally large amount of distance between her back and her stomach. Maybe it's just me being tired. I'm going to bed in a minute.
>>
>>173483734
>You're being contrarian. Literally everyone within the mainstream gaming community shares the exact same opinion.
I have not seen a single person praise Lost World as a good Sonic game. All I hear is people calling it a bland Super Mario Galaxy ripoff with shitty jokes and butchered characterizations.

>So what you're saying is that Sonic 06 is better than Lost World simply by the fact that it's so horrible it's infamous? You seriously, honestly think, that Heroes and ShTH are better games?
06 may be shit, but at least it's memorable. It's basically a meme. People even in the current year go out and play it because of that. Nobody cares about Lost World, it's shovelware. And yes, Heroes and ShtH are better than it. At least people actually enjoyed them to an extent.

>Apart from localization, no, no he wasn't.
I don't why you're enforcing that Iizuka has not been involved with Sonic when he was there every step of the way. He just wasn't the sole guy in charge.

>Rivals: Shit
>Not Sonic Team.
That was one of Iizuka's games though.
>Sonic 4: Shit
>It was a step in the right direction. If not for Sonic 4, we wouldn't have Sonic Mania. Also, not Sonic Team. It was a shock even for them, because Dimps was known for better games than that shoddy performance.
Sonic 4 was an actual game that damaged the brand. It made people give up on Sega making a 100% successor to the classics.
>Colors: Decent
>I think you mean "the best Sonic game since 3&K". The game that every critic and fan ever agrees is a good game. Can you say that about anything prior?
"the best Sonic game since 3&K"
Are you baiting now? NO ONE has said this. People just saw as something different compared to past games. A one-timer. The minute it became the standard to the franchise is when it everyone disowned it.
>>
>>173484575
>Generations: questionable
>Oh please. You're acting like a crazy person at this point. I doubt you've even played it.
The only decent gameplay was Classic Sonic. Modern Sonic was just glorified QTEs with that boost Mechanic. And the story shouldn't have even existed since it was such an amount of nothing.
>>Runners: forgettable
>Then why have people been talking about it the last few threads? It's way better than Jump or Dash.
A few threads on 4chan doesn't warrant it being remembered. It's just like Jump and Dash: Forgettable mobile shit.
>Lost World: trash
>Still better than anything Naka was doing.
Literally untrue. Stop defending that lifeless husk of a game. Go play Super Mario Galaxy.

>Except he has? Hype is higher than it ever was, and so are sales. It's also not hard to see that everyone in the industry is looking forward to the upcoming games.
Literally nonsense. Sales have not improved since than and Sonic still gets criticism like always. Oh what? Do memes, Big the Cat, and kissing up to faggots like Arin Hansen improve the brand that much? Or is it the ripping off of Mario thing?

>You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and are just trying to bait me, so I won't indulge you any further.
Good. I really don't want to hear the biased and misinformed crap you spew. Please just silence yourself.
>>
File: Cute Metal Rat.jpg (147KB, 478x508px) Image search: [Google]
Cute Metal Rat.jpg
147KB, 478x508px
>>173483512
CUTE Metal rat
>>
File: 1473806983302.jpg (213KB, 1245x685px) Image search: [Google]
1473806983302.jpg
213KB, 1245x685px
>>
>>173484953
The brand started to earn people back with Generations and Colors but then Lost World and Boom came around turning Sonic once again into a public joke. That's why Sega is trying to appeal to nostalgia so hard with Mania and Forces.
>>
>>173485464
I don't see how Forces appeals to nostalgia.
>>
>>173485464
>appeal to nostalgia so hard
>with Forces.
Sorry, but I'm not really seeing it outside of "muh classic sonic."
>>
>>173485559
Just by having Classic Sonic there.
>>
>>173484575
>>173484953
>I have not seen a single person praise Lost World as a good Sonic game.
I said it was a shitty game. Can't you read? You're probably a nigger, so probably not.

>At least people actually enjoyed them to an extent.
Hell, I enjoyed Lost World to an extent. It wasn't until halfway through the second world that it started shitting itself. And it had far better aesthetics and writing.

>I don't why you're enforcing that Iizuka has not been involved with Sonic when he was there every step of the way. He just wasn't the sole guy in charge.
Anon, he didn't even live in Japan until mid-to-late 2008. He was part of Sega Studio USA. He contributed greatly to the dark ages, but had fucking nothing to do with 06. If he did, he'd be in the credits. But he's fucking not other than "Special Thanks". Even Naka, as a producer, had to approve of the decisions Sonic Team was making. Iizuka did less than that.

>That was one of Iizuka's games though.
He can't magically make Backbone Entertainment not suck.

>Sonic 4 was an actual game that damaged the brand. It made people give up on Sega making a 100% successor to the classics.
Sonic 4 had better metacritic scores than any 3D game that had come before, and both critics and fans were calling it a step in the right direction. At the same time, Unleashed, the Storybook games and Sonic 06 were de-listed. It LITERALLY improved the brand. This is not up for debate, it doesn't fucking matter what you thought about the game, we have actual, literal, objective data that ACTUALLY PROVES the brand was improving. And I never saw any comments back then that said people gave up, if anything people couldn't tell the difference until months later.

>Are you baiting now? NO ONE has said this.
LMAO http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sonic+colors+best+game+in+years

>Modern Sonic was just glorified QTEs with that boost Mechanic.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>173486426
>It's just like Jump and Dash: Forgettable mobile shit.
>mobil is irrelevent guyz
Don't make me laugh.

>Literally untrue.
Ask anyone who played both Lost World and Shadow The Hedgehog to completion and they will tell you the same thing. ANYONE.

>Go play Super Mario Galaxy.
holy shit are you saying Galaxy is a bad game now aahahahahahahahaah

>Sales have not improved since than
Oh. My. God. Do I seriously have to break out sales charts to prove your stupid ass wrong, how Colors and Generations are the best-selling Sonic games since Heroes?

>and Sonic still gets criticism like always.
Really? Because I've heard nothing but positive vibes about Generations, and everyone including mainstream media and tryhard critics who bashed Sonic for years are looking forward to the new games.

>Oh what? Do memes, Big the Cat, and kissing up to faggots like Arin Hansen improve the brand that much?
Yes. They do. You may not like it, but that's called publicity. Grow up. The Sonic social media has a had a major impact on how the franchise is viewed.

>Good. I really don't want to hear the biased and misinformed crap you spew. Please just silence yourself.
I would, but then you decided to be a retarded faggot. So I made it my mission to blow your bullshit out of the water.
>>
Can you retards take this shit somewhere else?
>>
>>173485559
Then you are legit blind sir.
It was showing it's big, pudgy bod, blue face in the july trailer.

Also not that anon. I say that Mania was a great way to start Classic Sonic side series align the Modern Games. And stop putting classic sonic and his elements in the 3d games making Modern Sonic a newer feel.
Would be a nice compromise to both fanbases.
>>
>There are people that think that anything post-3&K and pre-Colors that wasn't Advance or Rush was passable
>>173486540
>STOP ARGUING IN MUH HUG BOX
Fuck off
>>
>>173486426
>You're probably a nigger, so probably not.
SICK BURN!!!!!!
>>
That was quite a struggle, the PC port is pretty good, but I can't believe they never fixed time trial online. I guess I'll have to live with always being one achievement away from all of them. Kinda bullshit.

Wish Tails Kicks Ass would get online again again soon, ran out of downloaded comic issues.
>>
>>173486585
>Let me act like you've said something you didn't

More like stop going in fucking circles just so you can try & get the last word in. Fuck off.
>>
>>173486672
Use our Mega archive.
>>
File: ditto.jpg (32KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
ditto.jpg
32KB, 500x361px
I have an idea, what if someone mods in older levels from past Sonic games into the PC version of Forces?
Sonic fans everywhere could then bitch about how levels from SA2 don't magically look better in a new engine, following by confusion as to why the game feels weird and doesn't play the same way it used to despite the clear physics differences between the games, and then say how despite the fact these are just level ports the fans are still better than Sega.
They could also avoid making original levels outside of the occasional prototype level that is always in prototype stage.
There can also be ironic meme levels.
>>
>>173486672
I managed to get the Time Trial achievement. Navigating the menu was like navigating a minefield avoiding the crashes.
>>
File: Sonic Utopia Trailer.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Utopia Trailer.webm
3MB, 480x270px
>>173480462
>>
File: pet pet pet.gif (46KB, 320x328px) Image search: [Google]
pet pet pet.gif
46KB, 320x328px
>>173486746
That only has a chunk of recent issues doesn't it? I'm looking for issues 116-150 in particular, I'm trekking through the dark times. Not a huge deal either way, I was jumping to comics only because I was planning on spending all night doing time trial mode on Generations, not knowing that the time trial mode is broken on the PC version. May just go back to SA2 and grind chao stats.
>>
File: 1435060011493.png (65KB, 226x185px) Image search: [Google]
1435060011493.png
65KB, 226x185px
>>173487023
Nigga why don't you go and take a look yourself? It's mostly complete, probably missing the latest issues but has everything else.
>>
>>173487023
The mega archive in the pastebin has all of them up to 288.
>>
>>173486996
>LOOK MA I POSTED MY FANGAME AGAIN
>>
>>173486903
I don't know how you did it, since Chemical Plant Act 1 and 2 are bugged. And Planet Wisp Act 1 and 2 are bugged as well, I can only do Act 1 and 2 of Green Hill Zone. That this wasn't fixed despite being tied to an achievement isn't great.
>>
>>173486426
>I said it was a shitty game. Can't you read? You're probably a nigger, so probably not.
That's real nice, /pol/. Really shows you're not a baiting shitposter. You know you lowered the value of the rest of your post right?

>Hell, I enjoyed Lost World to an extent. It wasn't until halfway through the second world that it started shitting itself. And it had far better aesthetics and writing.
Look right there. You just admitted the game took a nosedive. The only thing I agree with you with is the aesthetics. The writing was a joke.

>Anon, he didn't even live in Japan until mid-to-late 2008. He was part of Sega Studio USA. He contributed greatly to the dark ages, but had fucking nothing to do with 06. If he did, he'd be in the credits. But he's fucking not other than "Special Thanks". Even Naka, as a producer, had to approve of the decisions Sonic Team was making. Iizuka did less than that.
But you were denying that Iizuka had anything to do with Sonic before Colors, which was bullshit

>He can't magically make Backbone Entertainment not suck.
Doesn't matter. He was the main showrunner in that game.

>Sonic 4 had better metacritic scores than any 3D game that had come before, and both critics and fans were calling it a step in the right direction. At the same time, Unleashed, the Storybook games and Sonic 06 were de-listed. It LITERALLY improved the brand. This is not up for debate, it doesn't fucking matter what you thought about the game, we have actual, literal, objective data that ACTUALLY PROVES the brand was improving. And I never saw any comments back then that said people gave up, if anything people couldn't tell the difference until months later.
Literally pulling shit our of your ass. The brand has not been improved and even a lobotomized monkey could see that. I want to see this "objective data" on all of this, and if it's even real: it's dated. Come the fuck on.
>>
>>173487023
Do you think Cheese actually gets happy when Cream gets petted?
>>
>>173487265
Can you two just fuck & be done with it?
>>
File: creamy cheese.jpg (190KB, 840x1336px) Image search: [Google]
creamy cheese.jpg
190KB, 840x1336px
>>173487171
>>173487168
Oh shit, I was looking at the wrong link like a fuck. The night has been saved.

>>173487269
Cheese hasn't been expanded on at all in canon games so no idea, in X I'd imagine he'd get jealous, but X was also pretty inconsistent with characterization in general.
>>
>>173487205
Sadly, I don't remember the exact order I did for it (I actually unlocked the achievement on this exact day 2 years ago), but I know I constantly had to switch between the act 1 & 2 menus to get to my chosen level. It still crashed a lot, even if I finished the levels and never got back to the menu, but it still counted somehow.

You can try following this guide, your mileage may vary, of course.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=385850181
>>
>>173486426
>LMAO http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sonic+colors+best+game+in+years
Dated.

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
Nice defense. Literally proved nothing to defend your QTE. Get out of here.

>>173486508
>Don't make me laugh.
It's literally true.

>Ask anyone who played both Lost World and Shadow The Hedgehog to completion and they will tell you the same thing. ANYONE.
That's implying anyone even played Lost World. The game is shit, no one remembers it.

>holy shit are you saying Galaxy is a bad game now aahahahahahahahaah
That's you thinking that, retard. Lost World is basically a bootleg Galaxy. Everything you like about Galaxy is will not be found in Lost World.

>Oh. My. God. Do I seriously have to break out sales charts to prove your stupid ass wrong, how Colors and Generations are the best-selling Sonic games since Heroes?
06 is always best selling. Did it save the brand?

>Really? Because I've heard nothing but positive vibes about Generations, and everyone including mainstream media and tryhard critics who bashed Sonic for years are looking forward to the new games.
You must be living under a rock.

>Yes. They do. You may not like it, but that's called publicity. Grow up. The Sonic social media has a had a major impact on how the franchise is viewed.
Memes, Big the Cat, and Arin Hansen? Wow, real impact.

>I would, but then you decided to be a retarded faggot. So I made it my mission to blow your bullshit out of the water.
You have yet to do that. First you need to be educated on what you're even defending first.
>>
>>173487205
>>173487535
Actually, here's another one that has pictures.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=148603227
>>
>>173454362

He sure doesn't look like he wanted to get licked anon.
>>
WHAT IS THE 3RD PLAYSTYLE IN FORCES?!
>>
>>173488002
We get to shoot stuff with the Tornado again.
>>
>>173488002
Big the Cat fishing.
>>
>>173488078
Webber, please.
>>
>>173487265
>You just admitted the game took a nosedive.
NO FUCKING SHIT, RETARD. So did Heroes. And Shadow. Are you saying those games were good the whole way through? REALLY? WOW. Just fucking WOOOOW. Even though Lost World took a nosedive, it never quite reached the nosedive that those games took.

>But you were denying that Iizuka had anything to do with Sonic before Colors, which was bullshit
No, I said this, you fucking idiot:
>>173481959
>Iizuka had nothing to do with Sonic 06, the Storybook games, or Unleashed.
>>173483734
>Apart from localization, no, no he wasn't.
Can you fucking read?

>Doesn't matter. He was the main showrunner in that game.
He was fucking supervisor. Do you have the slightest idea how little that means?

>and if it's even real: it's dated. Come the fuck on.
Doesn't matter. We're not arguing about the brand's quality as it stands right now. We're arguing about Iizuka's improvement of the brand over Naka. Quit moving the goalposts.

>>173487619
>Dated.
Doesn't matter. You said nobody ever said Colors was the best game since Sonic 3. I proved you wrong. Act like an adult and admit defeat.

>Nice defense. Literally proved nothing to defend your QTE. Get out of here.
Post gameplay footage to prove you've played the game before you make such ridiculous statements.

>It's literally true.
And that's why you're not in the industry. Because mobile fucking matters, whether you like it or not.

>That's implying anyone even played Lost World. The game is shit, no one remembers it.
Nice defense. Literally proved nothing to defend your shitty edgelord game. Get out of here. :)))))
>>
>>173488375
>06 is always best selling.
>You must be living under a rock.
I have no words. At this point I am 100% convinced you're just baiting me because you have no arguments left.

>Memes, Big the Cat, and Arin Hansen? Wow, real impact.
Sega being willing to poke fun at themselves improves their image by a fuckton. Also, Game Grumps has almost 4 million subscribers. 4 million people are watching him endorse Sonic. That's impact. Get over it.

>First you need to be educated on what you're even defending first.
Educated? LOL. I didn't realize I needed a degree in Autismology. Are you the same faggot who talked about his worthless college degree last thread?
>>
>>173487338
>no idea
Just lie to me and invent a cute little story like that one anon always does.
>>
Reminder that Boost is the only viable 3D Sonic style and that Adventurecucks need to realize that their games were garbage
>>
File: just one grope.png (610KB, 956x1143px) Image search: [Google]
just one grope.png
610KB, 956x1143px
I'm in a mood.
>>
I think all Sonic gameplay styles have their value & there's no point in arguing over them. Can't we just learn to get along, /sthg/?

>>173488717
O-oh my.
>>
File: 1470011540028.png (330KB, 445x506px) Image search: [Google]
1470011540028.png
330KB, 445x506px
>>173488769
>getting along
>on the internet
There will never be peace among you people.
>>
>>173488375
Jesus Christ, your autism is still going.

>NO FUCKING SHIT, RETARD. So did Heroes. And Shadow. Are you saying those games were good the whole way through? REALLY? WOW. Just fucking WOOOOW. Even though Lost World took a nosedive, it never quite reached the nosedive that those games took.
How is Heroes a bad game again? Anyway, Shadow had a lot of flaws, but it wasn't a soulless, boring, forgettable ripoff like Lost World.

No, I said this, you fucking idiot:
Let me stop you right there, dumbo. No matter how you try to throw it, the man WAS involved in those games. You're trying to dodge it. He did more than just localizations.
>Can you fucking read?
I should be asking you that instead, bucko.

>He was fucking supervisor. Do you have the slightest idea how little that means?
He still says what goes and how the game was conceived. It was one of the games he took full control over.

>Doesn't matter.
Oh yes it does matter.
>We're not arguing about the brand's quality as it stands right now.
Funny since that was part of your argument.
>We're arguing about Iizuka's improvement of the brand over Naka. Quit moving the goalposts.
There is no goalpost moving. Iizuka did not improve the brand.
>>
It's almost 4 AM. Stop arguing and go to sleep.
>>
>>173488884
>How is Heroes a bad game again? Anyway, Shadow had a lot of flaws, but it wasn't a soulless, boring, forgettable ripoff like Lost World.
>Shadow wa a terrible game but I liked it so it's better than Lost World
>>
>>173488375
>>173488452
>Doesn't matter.
Here you go again.
>You said nobody ever said Colors was the best game since Sonic 3. I proved you wrong. Act like an adult and admit defeat.
It simply isn't, idiot. Try to say that to someone now and see if you get any agreement. I doubt you'll get your desire results.

>Post gameplay footage to prove you've played the game before you make such ridiculous statements.
What kind of fucking shit is this? I wouldn't be calling it anything if I hadn't played the game. It sounds like you haven't played it.

>And that's why you're not in the industry. Because mobile fucking matters, whether you like it or not.
Doesn't matter with Sonic like you're saying. Nobody cares about Sonic's Mobile shit.

>Nice defense. Literally proved nothing to defend your shitty edgelord game. Get out of here. :)))))
>:)))))
I'm not even bothering.

>I have no words. At this point I am 100% convinced you're just baiting me because you have no arguments left.
I have yet to see any arguments from you that are not biased and unstable.

>Sega being willing to poke fun at themselves improves their image by a fuckton. Also, Game Grumps has almost 4 million subscribers. 4 million people are watching him endorse Sonic. That's impact. Get over it.
It's one thing to poke fun of yourself, and it's another to constantly give the spotlight to people who hate your brand instead of actual fans.

>Educated? LOL. I didn't realize I needed a degree in Autismology. Are you the same faggot who talked about his worthless college degree last thread?
No proper response since this is unrelated to me.
>>
>>173488717
Y-Yoto! That's lewd!
>>
>>173488717
Gimme some yuri next time, Yoto-sama.
>>
>>173488884
>>173489302
IT DOESN'T MATTER
>>
File: 1491341406883.jpg (38KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
1491341406883.jpg
38KB, 600x460px
>>173488884
>How is Heroes a bad game again?
Are you kidding me?
>rails in place of level design
>shitty collision detection
>swapping characters for increasingly mundane tasks
>levels that go on for 20 fucking minutes
>have to play the game 4 times with no variation

>>173489089
This exactly.

Shadow WAS soulless. In the sense that it just copied what everyone else was doing with grimdark guns and vehicles and shit, (it WAS a ripoff) and tacked on mind-numbingly boring collectathon crap for every level. I don't give a flying fucking dogshit how forgettable Lost World was, it was still a billion times more fun than Shadow ever was. In any universe.

>You're trying to dodge it. He did more than just localizations.
Describe, in detail, what he did, and provide evidence. Otherwise there's not a fraction of a fact to back that up.

>He still says what goes and how the game was conceived. It was one of the games he took full control over.
Rivals didn't suck because of its concepts. It had the potential to be a great game. It's not even terrible. Backbone Entertainment just suck at making good mechanics.

>Funny since that was part of your argument.
no???
???
?????????????????????
pic related

>Iizuka did not improve the brand.
I literally proved that he did. You literally admitted that he did. I don't know what the hell is going on with you, but I can feel your sanity slipping away further with each consecutive post.
>>
>>173489862
NOW WHAT HAPPENS
>>
>>173489890
I WILL NEVER GIVE UP THE FIGHT
>>
>>173489302
>>173489885
>It simply isn't, idiot. Try to say that to someone now and see if you get any agreement. I doubt you'll get your desire results.
You're right. They'd say Generations is the best game instead. OH.

>I wouldn't be calling it anything if I hadn't played the game. It sounds like you haven't played it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

>Nobody cares about Sonic's Mobile shit.
Except, you know, the massive audience of children that like Sonic and are playing on mobile instead of consoles. If there wasn't a market, Sega would not have been making so many mobile games over the last 5 years.

>I have yet to see any arguments from you that are not biased and unstable.
I have yet to see any arguments from you that are not either factually wrong or based on the most absurd contrarian opinions possible.

>It's one thing to poke fun of yourself, and it's another to constantly give the spotlight to people who hate your brand instead of actual fans.
Have you seen Arin say anything bad about Sonic since he did stuff with the social media team? No. And that's because Meme Man is changing his opinion through money. It's a win-win for both of them.

>>173489014
I'd rather get Cancer-AIDS then make it look like he's won this stupid little argument. (that he started, btw)
>>
>>173489951
>Being this obsessed with winning an argument on the internet

Go to bed already. You both look like jackasses.
>>
>>173489885
>>173489951
I'm not even bothering with you anymore. It's fucking late. It's because of you why this thread is full of shitposts. I guess I should blame myself too for replying to your nonsense. Your victory may be hollow, but I'm pretty sure you'll take whatever I hand to you. So here it is.

But I will tell you this: your priorities are misguided.
>>
>>173490087
This whole post reeks of desperation to make yourself look better after I blew you the fuck out. Run away with your tail between your legs and don't come back until you learn how to argue
>>
File: Untitled3.png (50KB, 465x737px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled3.png
50KB, 465x737px
>>173490221
Oh fuck off. Even I'm not that autistic.
>>
>>173490221
Are you finally satisfied, retard?
>>
>>173490260
Nice shop
>>
File: 16374948302.jpg (71KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
16374948302.jpg
71KB, 600x661px
Shaddup nerds
>>
File: Untitled4.png (41KB, 844x248px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled4.png
41KB, 844x248px
>>173490291
It'd be pretty hard for me to shop something within a minute.
>>
>>173490279
Yes, yes I am. Now piss off before I humiliate you again you sack of shit
>>
>>173490308
Kek.

>>173490354
I wasn't even that anon, stupid.
>>
>>173490372
Sure you aren't.
>>
File: 1490584038988.jpg (26KB, 225x227px) Image search: [Google]
1490584038988.jpg
26KB, 225x227px
Reposting.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Dpl4tJjJmn
>>
>>173490494
Can you replace Kirk Thornton already?
>>
>>173490494
>FOOOOLS
>>
>>173490494
Thank you, Shadowanon. Amazing that despite how decent the last few threads have been, some people still feel the need to act like a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1491423951341.png (197KB, 1426x499px) Image search: [Google]
1491423951341.png
197KB, 1426x499px
JUST
>>
>>173488717
>>173489494
With Sticks
>>
File: 1351080538677.jpg (67KB, 354x524px) Image search: [Google]
1351080538677.jpg
67KB, 354x524px
>>173488375
>>173488452
>>173488590
>>173489951
>>173490087
>>173490221

You are both very autistic.

You also both have a massive case of shit taste
>>
File: 1491360433905.png (182KB, 275x276px) Image search: [Google]
1491360433905.png
182KB, 275x276px
https://youtu.be/rhos7FppAgU
>>
File: 1491437600505.png (344KB, 681x496px) Image search: [Google]
1491437600505.png
344KB, 681x496px
>>173492924
Why
>>
>>173492924
I came.
>>
File: 1393240083543.png (74KB, 761x576px) Image search: [Google]
1393240083543.png
74KB, 761x576px
>>173492924
>>
>>173492924
Can this stop being posted? Christ almighty.
>>
I like the sonic games.
>>
>>173493289
It was only posted once two threads ago. Calm your literal shit.
>>
>>173493378
Once is more than enough, thank you.
>>
Are the comics really kill? Any place I can download the last issues?
>>
>>173494848
No one really knows.
>>
>>173495069
Depends on Sega
>>
>>173488717
Please tell me there are a nsfw blog of Yoto's art.

Amy with boobs is cute.
>>
>>173488717
Does Sonic even like tits?
>>
I randomly google image searched Tux the penguin, and got this. The Sonic fandom is downright magical sometimes.
>>
>>173496347
I feel something was lost in the transition to 'gemsonas' and equine ocs, can't put my finger on what
>>
>>173496347
It was a bit of a meme for a while to draw characters in "Sonic style".
>>
File: 1453923393775.png (124KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1453923393775.png
124KB, 400x224px
I don't know why I still come here everyday for the past 2 and a half years. I hardly ever play the games these days.

In fact, let me fix this. What's the Riders series like? Never played them.
>>
>>173496685
I like the first one a lot, it's pretty cool if you are into the kind of edgy teenage sonic.

Haven't played the other 2, I imagine the Kinect one isn't great.
>>
File: Nickel teh Holo-Links.png (37KB, 1603x240px) Image search: [Google]
Nickel teh Holo-Links.png
37KB, 1603x240px
>>
>>173496685
Just download the first one from the op pastebin, it's alright.

Some people like zero gravity, everyone hates the kinect game.
>>
>>173496685
A surprisingly steep learning curve early on, especially the second one. Once you get past that, they're honestly kinda mediocre as racing games, some good ideas but overall let down by sometimes wonky controls. Still fun though.

Third one was a Kinect game and therefore complete trash.
>>
File: Kung Pow Dancing Dude.gif (3MB, 491x704px) Image search: [Google]
Kung Pow Dancing Dude.gif
3MB, 491x704px
>>173496685
ZG features one of the best Soundtracks a Sonic Racing game could offer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXg344Olr1Q
>>
File: MC.jpg (106KB, 420x681px) Image search: [Google]
MC.jpg
106KB, 420x681px
If Illzuka and Aaron Webber meet an untimely demise.
Who would you want to run the Producer/Director and PR gigs?
>>
File: ground Zero.gif (199KB, 900x522px) Image search: [Google]
ground Zero.gif
199KB, 900x522px
If the next Sonic title doesn't have a Leimotif in it I am going to cap a bitch in the head.

>Leitmotif - a recurrent theme throughout a musical or literary composition, associated with a particular person, idea, or situation.

Post your favorite examples of a leitmotif in a game.

I'll go with an easy one. Live and Learn's riff is everywhere in SA2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srx-lWpwcec [Embed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghvUGMloQ18 [Embed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_urTqcVwJc [Embed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_5qGQ5a0Y8 [Embed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psBqjP73_5k [Embed]

And the coolest one is probably in the biolizard fight

https://youtu.be/yx90TMgFv94?t=49 [Embed]

And it still wouldn't surprise me if I'm missing 1-2 songs that still have a live and learn influence
>>
>>173490790
This guy must have joined at an unusually peaceful time.
>>
>>173499106
Have they been doing that these past few years? I honestly stopped noticing, especially because the last 2 or so main games had no memorable music to them other than the Eggman theme in Lost World.
>>
>>173499241
Sonic Lost World basically has the Main theme/First Stage as its Leimotif in multiple cases along the soundtrack. But its not really memorable.
>>
With the riders talk was there ever a picture of riders!Bump or boom!Bump?
>>
>>173500043
Who knows? the booru gets updated once in a blue moon so it's not like we'd know
>>
>>173500043
Someone did like one pic of boom!Bump and boom!Sage being carried around by boom!Knuckles.
>>
>>173500043
>>173500217
>>
>>173500318
Is sage a girl or a girl (male)?
>>
>>173500369
Sage is a girl (L'Oréal)
>>
http://www.glixel.com/interviews/peter-moore-talks-leaving-electronic-arts-for-liverpool-fc-w475540
>>
File: screenshot_pc_sonic_heroes003.jpg (103KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_pc_sonic_heroes003.jpg
103KB, 640x480px
thoughts on enemies with health bars.
I'm not really a fan It tends to break the flow of the level. Also I don't think the gameplay is suited to it, with aspects like touch damage and the homing attack.

I'm talking more about in the main sonic gameplay not diversions like Battle, RPG, Werehog, boom etc.
>>
>>
File: Hercules Robotnik.jpg (89KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hercules Robotnik.jpg
89KB, 1000x1000px
Any tips on digital inking? I think I might have to turn down my sensitivity because I keep getting little tail ends on my lines.
>>
>>173501289
It was only really acceptable because you had the power characters.

Unless they serve a very specific porpuse yes, they just break the flow of the game. But it's worth keeping in mind that sometimes the slow down is intentional.

>>173501698
I want to fuck that hedgehog.
>>
>>173501774
>had the power characters.
I got that, fly for light range attacks, speed for medium attacks and power for heavy attacks. I still think they overdid it. there could be others ways to make the power character useful.

>the slow down is intentional.
that might make it seem worst. Heroes had an issue with padding.
>>
>>173501289
I think heroes did an ok job with health bars. it was really when the health got ludicrously high that it went to shit (e-1000s?, and those big hammer goliaths)
>>
I love ALL all of these characters so much. Through the good and bad times, I couldn't bare to abandon the series because of how much I love Sonic and his friends and all of their adventures.
>>
>>173502184
kudos to you anon but I need something new to talk about, whether that be games or comics. If not all I'll end up doing is joining the circlejerk of people who believe most games past 06 are trash. Sega needs to make something of quality and worth a damn.
>>
https://mobile.twitter.com/undefined/status/850715663131754498
>>
>>173502839
So Amy is Sonic's weakness. Kek.
>>
Sassy Acorns
>>
File: oldart23.png (1KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
oldart23.png
1KB, 128x128px
So what skills do you fellow /sthg/ers have? Can you draw? Can you into music? or 3D?
>>
>>173505208
2d, Draw and a bit of 3D
>>
File: C84p_sJXgAAG-My.jpg (128KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C84p_sJXgAAG-My.jpg
128KB, 1200x900px
IS THAT A
>>
>>173505485
I dont even know what game is this. So dont expect everything that say sonic be a sonic reference
>>
>>173505545
>I dont even know what game is this.
Persona 5
>>
>>173505545

>So dont expect everything that say sonic be a sonic reference

>Socks that let one run as fast as a hedgehog

gee
>>
File: f7825b0890be66a46c4112affca51967.jpg (158KB, 1280x914px) Image search: [Google]
f7825b0890be66a46c4112affca51967.jpg
158KB, 1280x914px
>>
>>173500369
You should always know every oc of a social media sub group/thread has to be a pure female.

Silly Anon.
>>
File: 1491398412601.png (42KB, 356x297px) Image search: [Google]
1491398412601.png
42KB, 356x297px
>>173505728
>that face
>>
>>173505728
>super athletic spy
>redesigns her as a lardass
>>
>>173499106
>>173499241
Unleashed and Lost World had what you're describing here.
>>
File: 1489291975738.jpg (19KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
1489291975738.jpg
19KB, 496x496px
>>173505728
>that body.
>>
>>173507360
But those are huge for her size. She had even bigger in SA2.
>>
>>
>>173505545
Persona's a SEGA franchise now so it's more than likely
>>
File: 2ac694bb8412965c1587fd7b96581390.jpg (133KB, 600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
2ac694bb8412965c1587fd7b96581390.jpg
133KB, 600x1066px
>>173507747
That head is even bigger than a Sonic head. It's like he can't draw characters anymore without adding something huge to them.
>>
>>173507360
that fur detail is creeping me out
>>
File: 1488952568649.jpg (119KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
1488952568649.jpg
119KB, 550x412px
>>173507373
Rouge the Thicc
>>
>>173506924
why was this deleted?
>>
File: 1487540443361.png (371KB, 863x661px) Image search: [Google]
1487540443361.png
371KB, 863x661px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyPdJm9kbbI&feature=youtu.be

How DO we make Sonic cool again?
>>
Elise when
>>
File: swimsuits_by_epictones-d98szai.jpg (314KB, 1500x768px) Image search: [Google]
swimsuits_by_epictones-d98szai.jpg
314KB, 1500x768px
>>173509028
I'll try and do her in a sling bikini at some point this summer
>>
>>173508854
Problematic artist I guess.
>>
File: 1468356327453.jpg (468KB, 1840x1840px) Image search: [Google]
1468356327453.jpg
468KB, 1840x1840px
>>
File: 1392249866659.jpg (218KB, 717x1276px) Image search: [Google]
1392249866659.jpg
218KB, 717x1276px
>>173508993
>How DO we make Sonic cool again?
Make good video games consistently.

Stop making him look lame AKA get better writers.
>>
>>173509086
>problematic artist
wut?
>>
>>173508854
Our Swatbots are pure.
>>
>>173509085
Not fair! There may be Elisefags here but consider that Shahra and Merlina fags exist too!
>>
File: 6ee3611f644217c7ef4e764c217d7b1a.jpg (180KB, 1024x1132px) Image search: [Google]
6ee3611f644217c7ef4e764c217d7b1a.jpg
180KB, 1024x1132px
>>173509203
Talking about him is considered drama because he himself causes a lot of drama.
>>
>>173509308
pure huh?

>>173509149
>>173509085
>>
>>173505208
Writing, I wanna say
>>
>>173509565
oh. ok? maybe someone should mention/list all the "problematic" artists so we'll know whose art we can't post
>>
>>173496259
It's of my personal opinion that everyone likes tits. At least a little.
>>
File: 08dca899912d9664bcbf73514800a689.jpg (273KB, 1024x748px) Image search: [Google]
08dca899912d9664bcbf73514800a689.jpg
273KB, 1024x748px
>>173507360
>deleting OFFICIAL art
Now this is just silly.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>173509551
I'm not that good and it will take me a million years to do anyway
>>
File: 1488913572375.png (64KB, 700x684px) Image search: [Google]
1488913572375.png
64KB, 700x684px
>still no Sonic rhythm game
>>
File: 1480430874944.jpg (325KB, 1280x937px) Image search: [Google]
1480430874944.jpg
325KB, 1280x937px
>>173509705
MTD
Ravnic
Shroak
Excito
SSSonic2
Apostle
>>
>>173509984
Isn't there like a rythm minigame in any of the storybook games?
>>
>>173510009
>mentioning he who must not be named without a spoiler
Triggered.
>>
>>173509984
Still no sonic game where you race through the level to the beat of the music, like Rayman Legends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m5YQrucis8
>>
>>173510009
what exactly did all these artists do? are all of them lewd artists too?
>>
File: C83UJf5UQAAUFmR.jpg (96KB, 976x1199px) Image search: [Google]
C83UJf5UQAAUFmR.jpg
96KB, 976x1199px
>>
File: zone6.gif (36KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
zone6.gif
36KB, 320x240px
>Sonic Mania announced
>think it's a bad idea to let fans make a official game
>now looking forward to the semi-32bit glory
It will be better than __!
>>
>>173510374
>what exactly did all these artists do?
Not going to discuss this while swatbots and potential fanboys are watching, but Ravnic is only problematic in /sthg/ because of someone spamming the general with his shitty drawings from time to time.
>are all of them lewd artists too?
Yes, except maybe >>173510298
>>
>>173510578
>you will never make it to the big leagues like Taxman and make an offical Sonic game
>>
>>173510578
Freedom Planet will look better
>>
>>173510814
Go away, Strife.
>>
>>173510760
After he fucked off to tumblr he too started doing lewd.
Its shit. I bet he still can't handle our criticism. I miss shitting on him but at the same time his art was too much of a fire starter for us like Kayla-Nas and that was a whole different bag of autism.
>>
>>173511021
>that fat goblin
Oh right. Forgot to add her too, but she isn't as frequently posted as the other hacks.
>>
File: 1489182391189.gif (125KB, 278x208px) Image search: [Google]
1489182391189.gif
125KB, 278x208px
>>173510425
Why Anon?
Now my heart is melting.
>>
File: b1ad543f6d8b56535aebc5a08498768e.jpg (175KB, 1729x738px) Image search: [Google]
b1ad543f6d8b56535aebc5a08498768e.jpg
175KB, 1729x738px
>>173511169
>>173510009
Ah, shit. Forgot DreamcastZX1 and Cloudz too.
>>
>>173510814
Fuck off Strife fanboy
>>
File: tumblr_oo3u8eApGF1vw4ssuo1_1280.png (781KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo3u8eApGF1vw4ssuo1_1280.png
781KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 353445.jpg (40KB, 832x960px) Image search: [Google]
353445.jpg
40KB, 832x960px
>>
Here's hoping I don't gradually become infamous and universally hated on the general like some of these others.
>>
>>173511621
Sorry, buddy but you probably are.
>>
File: Dab (1)_2.jpg (1010KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dab (1)_2.jpg
1010KB, 1920x1080px
>>173511597
This guy gets it.
>>
>>173511681
well I guess the only thing to do now is start a patreon, fail to deliver on my promises and then throw a tantrum about how people only want to see me draw sonic girls fucking, despite that being what I created the patreon for.
>>
>>173511621
>>173511681

So I'm guessing by this rate every Sonic artist is gonna be on this list then?
>>
>>173511621
If you can't handle stiff criticism then you've already lost. I do enjoy making artist cry and defend their shit drawings.
>>
>>173511852
>>173511597
I hate this meme so god damn much
>>
>>173511597
Is he sniffing his armpits?
>>
File: WE.jpg (59KB, 738x795px) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
59KB, 738x795px
>>173511950
hol up
>>
>>173511901
Don't forget to whine about nobody taking your clean art seriously, even though it looks bland as fuck and do streams where you complain about other artists and that you're not as popular as you deserve.

>>173511904
It's weird. Even the good ones have some bullshit behind them, like Aoki.
>>
>>173512090
>aoki
fucking wot mate?
>>
Whats /sthg/ opinion on content creators. Like Let's Play streamers or designers?
Those that don't create OC but often do sprite animation as a hobby?
Any favorites?
>>
>>173512090
>Aoki
Gonna need you to explain this one. I'd think you would've went with drawloloverlala as a better example.
>>
>>173511904
We should have a hate week, let's take every artist here and shit on them.

Yoto - Always draws the same shit, waifufag
Chauvels - Everyone looks like they have manly shoulders, draws for ASO
Korps! - Probably a cunt
Rik - Everyone looks like they were drawn using a circle tool, sameface
Fatoler - Promises to draw - never delivers, whines about being shit and is shit, Katellafaggot
ABT - Teethfag
>>
>>173512179
>Let's Play streamers
>"content creators"
Top joke mate
>>
>>173512206
ABT truly does have the patricians fetish next to kneesocks and glasses. I'd give him some gud suck.
>>
File: 1468477347162.jpg (87KB, 1308x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1468477347162.jpg
87KB, 1308x1015px
>>173512206
>ABT - Teethfag
There's literally nothing wrong with teeth.
>>
>>173512171
>>173512204
She's one of those telling you to not "steal" her art, as in not reposting nor sharing. Your usual japanese pixiv behaviour.
She then started doing fanart for yaoi-tier animes. There's nothing wrong with doing other things, but she outright abandoned the Sonic fanartist community. Maybe out of shame, or because she wants to be mature. Either way it's pretty shitty.
>>
>>173512206
>teeth
truly he is a gentleman with refined taste
>>
>>173512206
>Korps! - Probably a cunt
I second this. He's the next MTD, just you watch!
>>
>>173512206
What about the others?
>>
File: 1490842380810.jpg (37KB, 304x304px) Image search: [Google]
1490842380810.jpg
37KB, 304x304px
>>173512618
>but she outright abandoned the Sonic fanartist community
>tfw elder god tier artist moves on
>>
>>173512618
They moved on, it's no big deal.
>>
>>173512206
>We should have a hate week, let's take every artist here and shit on them.
Having been here since the start of the general, that seems like every week.
>>
>>173511918
It's a mixed bag.
I mean an artist isn't obligated to listen to anyone's "criticism" of their drawing if they don't think it's
1. Good Criticism
2. An issue they're worried about
Like if you told Akira Toriyama he draws eyes too big, you wouldn't be wrong but I don't think anyone gives a shit.
>>
Can anyone from Europe confirm that Sonic CD isn't on the PlayStation Store for PS3?

You can find it here online (https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/sonic-cd/cid=EP0177-NPEB00787_00-SONICCDPSNKEY000), but if you actually search it on the PS3's store nothing comes up.
>>
>>173482283
Cute
>>
>>173512618
>she outright abandoned
what was the last sonic thing she drew? and did she just stop or did she announce she was leaving?

>no reposting
yeah well maybe if artists would stop dropping off the face of the earth and taking their art with them maybe I'd agree with her
>>
>>173513360
As long as they feel like shit and ready to cry then my work is done. Don't act like a little entitled bitch like you know who and we wont have any problems.
>>
I can't stop reating Sonic OCs. Help!
>>
>>173512618
>She stopped drawing a thing
I stopped drawing Adventure Time and Steven Universe art. Not like I'm doing it out of shame or anything, I just don't feel inspired or want to do that (for free anyway)
>>
>>173513553
>Don't act like a little entitled bitch like you know who
Aval0nx?
>>
>>173501698
Coolblue or Hotred? I can't tell sometimes
>>
>>173513685
Shroak you baka. I don't even think Aval0nx has some to this dump unless it was during my down time.
>>
File: Raindrops.gif (420KB, 616x338px) Image search: [Google]
Raindrops.gif
420KB, 616x338px
Comfy Sonic music time?
https://youtu.be/Z8cLe9ZUh1w

Post your favorite calm Sonic tracks
>>
>>173513757
Aku Tojyo, the source of their "style". Especially Coolblue is copying him now to 100%.
>>
>>173512206
Yoto- Only likes to do sketches, rarely ever colors and never posts his lewds. Probably a bit TOO much into drawing Amy and his own weird little kinks. Also he's really not good at drawing sonic consistently.
At least that's my own self-criticism.
>>
>>173513496
MTD. without a doubt
>>
>>173513786
Always reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ty6u4RxWI

which is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVWpFXtHhPc
>>
>>173512206
Fatoler here, that's pretty accurate. Though I do plan (there's that word) to do non Sonic stuff
>>
File: Game crashed Warrior saved.png (415KB, 1600x1553px) Image search: [Google]
Game crashed Warrior saved.png
415KB, 1600x1553px
Wow.../sthg/ is now talking about Sonic hentai instead of Comics/Games/News

Never seen a deader general in my life.
Well. Except for Freedom Planet. That General been dead for....8 months.
>>
File: 1489395702753.png (58KB, 184x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489395702753.png
58KB, 184x250px
>>173513786
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS1pEzkwpRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkpErV1nGk8
>>
>>173514118
>Comics
What comics?

>Games
What games?

>News
What news?

Call us when something new happens, we've talked about everything else.
>>
File: 1491692146470.png (204KB, 540x637px) Image search: [Google]
1491692146470.png
204KB, 540x637px
>>173513901
That doesn't count, Yoto. We're supposed to shit on you!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP3dz1vk5wA
This remains as the best fail ever
>>
File: 02b.png (326KB, 750x729px) Image search: [Google]
02b.png
326KB, 750x729px
How does /sthg/ prefer it's fan art? On model or art that takes liberty in the proportions/style?
>>
>>173514118
>That General been dead for....8 months.
>burning out star that sold poorly and didn't have as strong of a following as Undermeme whos general is still going
Not a surprise.
>>
>>173514281
Probably one of the best parts of Unleashed
>>
>>173514302
all I care about is that the head looks correct. everything else is free to be changed to whatever
>>
>>173514302
On model, style varies.
>>
File: 1489204886734.jpg (699KB, 878x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1489204886734.jpg
699KB, 878x1086px
Just finished Sonic Adventure 2.

I mean I respect people's opinions, but it puzzles me how this game seems to be continuously cited as an example of a really good Sonic game, or how all new 3D games need to follow this formula and be like Sonic Adventure 2, or even say that Adventure 2 was the only good Sonic game.

Sonic and Shadow as a whole move like molasses, and the rail grinding mechanics are very awkward. Any time you have to run on a wall while going forward in the Sonic/Shadow stages the game's physics say "fuck you" because there's apparently a certain point up the wall where you will automatically hop off of it and fall, though you won't know what exactly it is until you hit it.

The half pipe-y bits in Green Forest and Lost Jungle are hilariously clunky to run through because the whole thing counts as a floor and a bunch of weirdly placed walls, causing you to start going into falling animations and stop if you tilt your stick in any direction other than straight forward.

The new abilities like the bounce and the somersault are neat on paper, but they don't really flow with the actual gameplay, and you're never found using them naturally. In particular, Metal Harbor and Radical Highway actively go out of their way to slow you down by placing these tubes you must somersault under, or extra high platforms you need to bounce to. It's slow.

The vertical gravity tubes in Shadow's Final Chase are also a neat level design element with nasty execution, because you start picking up speed on them as you run, and sometimes you can just fall off of them for no reason, giving you a pretty cheap death.

The sudden inclusion of 'puzzle-esque' elements in Pyramid Cave after just running and jumping on people for most of the Sonic stages is kind of dissonant and feels like padding, but this is just me nitpicking.

Say what you will, but at least the Emerald and Shooting stages didn't have these weird physics problems.

I'm sorry /sthg/, I tried, but I don't see it.
>>
File: 1210902309537.jpg (590KB, 764x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1210902309537.jpg
590KB, 764x1012px
>>173514302
I like me fanart to look good, even if off-model or in a entirely different style.
Those who put Sonic heads on anime bodies can go fuck themselves.
>>
File: 6c2.jpg (104KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
6c2.jpg
104KB, 730x1095px
Does /sthg/ think they'll keep the 2D look of Runners in Runners Adventure? Or will they go 3D? What would you prefer?
>>
>>173514302
Generally on-model, though there are some cases where more liberty is fine.
>>
File: 1395495692966.png (321KB, 413x361px) Image search: [Google]
1395495692966.png
321KB, 413x361px
>>173512871
>>173513126
>>173513512
>>173513574
But I myself can't move on. She was my artistfu!
>>
>>173513901
Criticizing you is our job though Yoto
>>
File: Manly Shoulders.jpg (176KB, 751x841px) Image search: [Google]
Manly Shoulders.jpg
176KB, 751x841px
>>173512206
>Everyone looks like they have manly shoulders
Fair enough.
>>
File: 1477351183040.png (113KB, 511x713px) Image search: [Google]
1477351183040.png
113KB, 511x713px
>>173514302
I will ALWAYS give fanart extra credit for being on model, but at the same time I LOVE seeing how an artist impliments their own style to pre-existing designs.

It's all up to how exaggerated it is and what elements are exaggerated.
>>
>>173514478
It's okay, anon. I don't really get the whole SA2 hype either.
>>
>>173514302
I'm perfectly fine with liberties being taken as long as characters don't become stupidly exaggerated or "muh style" is used to excuse being shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbEXnvD0-wM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBCmu8wAiZs

I enjoyed Eggmanland.
>>
>>173514553
2D, similar physics, more level variety.
>>
>>173499106
>Leitmotif
I love that shit so much. I sometimes think of the soundtracks I've liked the most (in video games in general) and it always comes down to that. I hate that games have moved away from having one.
>>
File: the best.jpg (302KB, 1013x1257px) Image search: [Google]
the best.jpg
302KB, 1013x1257px
>>173512871
It's a real shame honestly but I guess it was bound to happen at some point. Seen her draw other Sonic stuff sometimes but it's usually either for a collab or once in 3 blue moons.
>>
File: Dr.Canstanza Eggman.png (305KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dr.Canstanza Eggman.png
305KB, 600x450px
Kemono Style for Sonic series.
I am tempted to see how this (female Jap) artist pulls it off.
It will probably look more puffy and furry then the usual. But maybe it might be nice to see?
>>
File: 1225857886812.jpg (183KB, 700x503px) Image search: [Google]
1225857886812.jpg
183KB, 700x503px
>>173514821
>how an artist impliments their own style to pre-existing designs.
>posts Coolblue
This made me laugh!
>>
>>173514302
I'm fine with either, as long as it looks good!
>>
File: 1489951904472.png (194KB, 415x388px) Image search: [Google]
1489951904472.png
194KB, 415x388px
>>173514671
But thou must.
>>
>>173514952
I'm glad leitmotifs in vidya are rare as fuck now. After listening to the Twilight Princess Orchestrated album I really got sick of them.
>>
>>173514882
I really want to eventually make a animatic with sonic racing through eggman land that's made up of all of Eggman's robots from sonic 1 up to unleashed.
>>
>>173514882
I did too. It was the stage of Challenge that Sonic should often have.
Course alot of noobies/lamers can't seem to beat it and rage quit on it instead of learning the stage inside and out and finish the Hotdog missions like I had.
I enjoy challenges.
>>
>>173514671
Didn't she mainly draw Maria and Shadow? does that make her a lolicon?

>>173514478
Well anon, you're goin-
>it's slow
here's your (you) for your bait
>>
>>173507904
It's barely over normal scale, and Sonic scale is pretty hard to intuit.
>>
File: The best.png (1MB, 568x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The best.png
1MB, 568x1200px
>>173514671
It's alright anon, least we'll have the memories. And only we can take that away from ourselves if we want.
>>
>>173514768
She's got anchor arms!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emsM9Qi6fyM
>>
>>173514983
Are you talking Nezumi? She did tons of Sonic art.
Or Sindoll? Did a few, all looked like their usual shit only with Sonic faces.
>>
>>173514994
I posted that more of an example of how, Amy, who's made up of noodle limbs has thick thighs and child bearing hips, but I get your meaning. Cool Blue's a bit derivative, but I don't dislike that about them.
>>
>>173515198
It wasn't bait though. Unless you're continually touching boost panels, Sonic and Shadow just don't feel like they're going very fast to me.
>>
File: Sonic 3 Bosses.png (31KB, 356x213px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic 3 Bosses.png
31KB, 356x213px
>>173514882
Its Zero's theme from Adventure revamped 10x fold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOnA7a7KnWU
>>
>>173512206
>tfw Not relevant enough to get hate

Not sure how to feel
>>
>>173515295
Yeah, it's almost like they were supposed to be platformers and not "hold X to go fast" casual shit.
>>
>>173499106
>>173514952
>>173515159
Leitmotifs work best if each motif represents something rather than (Here's the theme of the game again.)

I know it's kind of taboo but Undertale did it really well. Each character and environment has a "motif" During certain tracks/boss fights a leitmotif will be used to associate them with something else.

>Asgore's theme is a combination of his motif, Toriel's bossfight theme and the game over music because he has links to all 3 of those things.
>>
>>173514478
>move like molasses
That's the point Ill focus on here and why I would like some SA2 influence. Sonic and Shadow have weight and they have momentum. It's also just better to steer and run with them in general.

compared with later games they never seem to get that right, Heroes was slippery, 06 was twitchy and the boost games are stiff.

The rest of the stuff is legitimate. especially when they map multiple moves to the same button.
>>
>>173515159
Maybe you should play better vidya.
>>
File: 5d68c88daee90c600b9fc1f79cb09b03.jpg (861KB, 1000x1089px) Image search: [Google]
5d68c88daee90c600b9fc1f79cb09b03.jpg
861KB, 1000x1089px
>>173515198
She did quite as much of the others too. Her Rouge was sexy and smooth.

>>173515273
No, I understand you, Anon. It's just that >>173513878
>>
>>173515493
It should be known that it wasn't fully TobyFox's composition but also FlashyGoodness from Tower of Heaven/Rivals of Aether fame.
https://www.flashygoodness.com/
>>
File: It's the feral girl.jpg (121KB, 540x450px) Image search: [Google]
It's the feral girl.jpg
121KB, 540x450px
>>173490790
Man must've come during the 25th anniversary threads
>>
>>173515570
Mhm, That's what I meant by "derivative". But it's still a pretty pleasant style.
>>
>>173515270
No someone by the name Fujikotowi.
She isn't known on the net but I am a close friend of hers and fellow Sonic nut. We both enjoy the Sonic series and she likes doing Kemono art.
>>
>>173515295
>it wasn't bait
oh yes it is. Either that or you never played any sonic games besides the boost games. I'm not talking about them feeling slow is the bait. it's this part:

>The new abilities like the bounce and the somersault are neat on paper, but they don't really flow with the actual gameplay, and you're never found using them naturally. In particular, Metal Harbor and Radical Highway actively go out of their way to slow you down by placing these tubes you must somersault under, or extra high platforms you need to bounce to. It's slow.

If you're complaining about having to stop and do something then you'd probably throw a fit in Sandopolis or Marble Zone (Sonic 1)
>>
>>173515639
Tower of Heaven's soundtrack is Fucking great. (I haven't played the other one)
>>
>>173515540
TP orchestrated was a fanmade album. The game itself did have leitmotifs, but they were paced very well. Still, the album ruined the entire concept for me related to vidya because those chucklefucks had to shove in the same goddamn Twilight Princess leitmotif in almost every song that didn't have it.
>>
>>173515774
>Fujikotowi
Been a while since I looked something up on Google to get no results
>>
>>173515675
>>173499240
Right before the party. After the party is when this place fell hard.
>>
>>173515902
did you try it in japanese?
>>
File: 1491757141052.png (356KB, 750x564px) Image search: [Google]
1491757141052.png
356KB, 750x564px
>>
>>173515774
How the fuck do you know so many Sonic fans in real life? It's hard enough to find 1, least where I am.
>>
Literally the best track from Shadow the Hedgehog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlr7uN0lBVM
>>
File: C83oKsYVYAEQJEK.jpg (109KB, 1000x995px) Image search: [Google]
C83oKsYVYAEQJEK.jpg
109KB, 1000x995px
>>
>>173515570
Always liked how Aoki gave the male hogs detailed ribs and abdomens
>>
>>173516025
Can't convert to moon unfortunately, used Google Translate and still got 0 results. Then again, that was Google translate.
>>
>>173515440
Are you Saltcore, Sonicdash, Aval0nX, Epictones, or Toby?
>>
File: Screenshot_365.png (78KB, 757x500px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_365.png
78KB, 757x500px
>>173512206
>>
File: Should I eat.jpg (232KB, 1263x771px) Image search: [Google]
Should I eat.jpg
232KB, 1263x771px
>>173516074
Go to conventions. Make friends. Be lucky enough to have a Jap/American half girl in your school to be a childhood friend that enjoys playing Sonic with you.
I can't find the courage to ask her out to break our friendship and go for cuddles but I like to see her smile when we are playing Sonic together.
>>
>>173516397
Epictones only posts here on a blue moon, he's generally just reposted by others.
>>
>>173499106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gytj4ua0tw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY6WjFf0D6w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djhywlIDzIg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-NNMzZ3y-g
>>
File: 1489960385817.gif (217KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1489960385817.gif
217KB, 640x640px
>>173514478
>>173515295
When you give a boost fan a different playstyle ladies and gentleman.
>>
>>173516108
Thats not Sky Troops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNzji6UhYJY&t=193s
>>
File: 1481493934362.png (449KB, 800x428px) Image search: [Google]
1481493934362.png
449KB, 800x428px
>>173516430
>Go to conventions. Make friends.
>>
>>173515794
Bait implies I wrote this post with the intention to anger. Regardless of how you feel, this is how I feel. I'm not 'baiting' unless you're upset enough to treat it like an attack.

Marble Zone was fine. Sandopolis was fine. There was high speed, and there was platforming. I can understand how this is relatively well represented in Adventure 2.

However, while Marble Zone and Sandopolis had segments like switch puzzles and spin switches and the like, the weak part in Sonic Adventure 2 isn't just the fact that they slow down the gameplay, it's the fact that it's a really cheap and messy way of forcing you to use an implemented mechanic. "You have this somersault, you have this bounce, now we're going to ensure you use them by intentionally designing the most obvious obstacle which requires you to use these". There's no creative use of the obstacles in question.

See it this way, anon. In Sonic 3, you have all the abilities you could ever need at the beginning of the game - your spindash, your jump, your movement. While early on you're spindashing to pick up speed and jumping to...well, jump. The game later throws you levels where you must use these moves in entirely different ways. Try spindashing on that switch! It's not giving you a new ability just for the sake of having a new ability. It's making you use the abilities and motions you've been using the whole game, but in a different manner.

Sonic Adventure 2 is literally saying "You have the somersault!" and then tossing a random obstacle in the main path which you must stop to somersault under. It doesn't flow which is why I call it 'slow', because it's not you applying your knowledge of the game any differently, or approaching it differently. It's being handed a new move which serves no other purpose than to be a new move, and then being handed obstacles which exist just to be obstacles for you to use your new move.

>>173516537
i'm actually a genesisfag, thank you.
>>
>>173516537
Not him, but I like Boost and the Adventure games.
>>
File: 1491345246444.png (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491345246444.png
23KB, 500x500px
>>173514478
>>
>>173516578
It's easy if you remember that everyone there is just as autistic as you, if not more so.
>>
>>173516548
>Thats not Cosmic Fall
ftfy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BDGp5hOCjk
>>
>>173516620
>Regardless of how you feel, this is how I feel.
That's fair enough. It's understandable that people have different opin-

>Marble Zone was fine.
This is bait.
>>
>>173516430
is she a Fujoshi though? Ugly and fat?
>>
>>173514768
this shouldn't turn me on
>>
>>173516074
>tfw too much of a power levelfag to even mention liking Sonic outside my home
>>
File: Intense handholding.jpg (1MB, 800x4198px) Image search: [Google]
Intense handholding.jpg
1MB, 800x4198px
>>173516518
Chaos Angel will always be the testamount to skill for Sonic fans of the 2D era.
Chaos Angel 3 gets me hyped the fuck up.
>>
>>
>>173517004
Why should you care about what others think of your favorite hobbies and series anon? Just go out there among fellow Sonic fans that play/wear Sonic items. Just say Hello there!
If they aren't interested in chatting find someone more extroverted and lively.
>>
>>173512206
Missing:
>Esef
>Saltcore
>Sketch
>Bolt
>Garaco
>Geek
Is this Roast the Drawfag day?
>>
File: 1490918195434.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1490918195434.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>173514478
>Metal Harbor
>slow you down
>>
https://streamable.com/giqlc

I can't belive Eggman's dead

Captcha: select gas stations
>>
>>173517224
I thought Saltcore avoided us like the plague.
>>
>>173512871
I don't understand why people praised aoki THAT much. She had some great stuff, but it wasn't all like that and some of her stuff is really wonky.
>>
File: fix the legs.png (110KB, 448x661px) Image search: [Google]
fix the legs.png
110KB, 448x661px
>>173514821
>tfw the legs are way too long
It's always funny how artists who try to make the girls "sexy" can never stay on model, even when it looks like they're actually trying.
>>
>>173517363
No? He's been in a slow period everywhere, not just here.
>>
>>173517475
Toppest of plebs I've seen in this general thus far.
>>
File: 1480226959522.jpg (70KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1480226959522.jpg
70KB, 515x515px
>>173514478
>I mean I respect people's opinions, but it puzzles me how this game seems to be continuously cited as an example of a really good Sonic game

All meming aside, do people actually do this? I feel like the whole "WOW WHY DO PEOPLE LOVE SA1 AND 2 SO MUCH THEY'RE BAD GAMES" thing is a little overblown. Most Sonic fans I've seen are fully aware of these games' flaws.
>>
>>173517363
Yeah, he's a /trash/cunt and still drunk 24/7 I bet.
>>
File: tumblr_onxz9wUXHz1st27xbo1_1280.jpg (539KB, 900x717px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onxz9wUXHz1st27xbo1_1280.jpg
539KB, 900x717px
>>173517356
RIP Eggy
>>
>>173512871
>Aoki quit
>Ohyuki went 100% private
>no Koiu in forever
Are there any Jap artists left other than Tojyo or Michiyoshi? Sindoll doesn't count since they only draw Sonic when commissioned.
>>
>>173517602
His best stuff is /trash/ material anyway.
>>
File: The End of Chris Thorndyke 01.png (83KB, 454x502px) Image search: [Google]
The End of Chris Thorndyke 01.png
83KB, 454x502px
>>
>>173516430
>Be lucky enough to have a Jap/American half girl in your school to be a childhood friend that enjoys playing Sonic with you.
Was she also a magical girl or is she more of the 2000 year old demon who happens to look like a 12 year old girl?
>>
>>173517682
>Manaita is a mom now
>Coolblue is a Tojyo rip-off and a cunt
>Nezumi is not a Sonic regular
>everything else who draws Sonic very japanese is either korean or whatever
Nobody is left. I blame the western fanart community.
>>
>>173517572
Seconded, Aoki was the fucking shit
>>
File: The End of Chris Thorndyke 02.png (104KB, 467x607px) Image search: [Google]
The End of Chris Thorndyke 02.png
104KB, 467x607px
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>173516430
I'm 29, it.. is.. too late for me
>>
>>173517921
Blue isn't nip anyway.
>>
File: tumblr_on8u9jAhE01r6r1iuo1_1280.png (330KB, 963x787px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on8u9jAhE01r6r1iuo1_1280.png
330KB, 963x787px
>>
>>173517921
>Manaita is a mom now
Damn really? Hope everything is going well for her.
>>
>>173517597
Whenever I have brought up that I think SA1 and 2 aren't all that great I mostly get people going "shutup they're the best"

Then again I enjoyed Heroes more than them and everyone seems to think that game isn't as good...
>>
File: The End of Chris Thorndyke 03.png (132KB, 474x604px) Image search: [Google]
The End of Chris Thorndyke 03.png
132KB, 474x604px
>>
>>173517969
Double the plebian
>>
>>173516620
If you're going to complain about having to do a somersault to break something in your way then I feel you might as well remove any platforms to jump over since that would require you to press a button. The bounce ability is barely used but you can somersault since the first stage so I don't know why you're complaining about it. It's one thing to say a level is poorly designed and forces you to use an ability once and then never again. It's another to complain about something being "flow breaking" when it is merely a singular button press and especially when this is something that has been done since the series was born
>>
>feet

stop
>>
>>173518061
Really? Pretty sure she's japanese and moved to the US.

>>173518109
She's been one for years, which is why she suddenly stopped and deleted all her porn so her kids won't find them in the future.
>>
>>173518146
I'd say where you bring it up is also important. Did you do it here, or on places like /v/?

I dunno, I still feel like the people who claim SA1/2 are the best are a very vocal minority. And we all know the Sonic fanbase has no shortage of those.

I disagree but I respect your opinion.
>>
>>173518173
But I fucking love Aoki's art
>>
File: The End of Chris Thorndyke 04.png (119KB, 457x602px) Image search: [Google]
The End of Chris Thorndyke 04.png
119KB, 457x602px
>>
>>173517782
>>173517976
>>173518162
Is that a DBZ reference?
>>
>>173518359
Oh shit, my bad. I'm really fucking tired.
>>
File: 6FF8Enx.png (183KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
6FF8Enx.png
183KB, 450x450px
At least commandcraft is fun and 4pp otohimes are fun too
>>
>>173517356
I wish the VA of his dies for real. Need a new and better voice actor.
>>
>>173518426
Take a nap or something then anon
>>
File: you_fuckled_up.png (302KB, 727x477px) Image search: [Google]
you_fuckled_up.png
302KB, 727x477px
>>173518440
You came to the wrong general, mother fucker.
>>
File: The End of Chris Thorndyke 05.png (91KB, 454x579px) Image search: [Google]
The End of Chris Thorndyke 05.png
91KB, 454x579px
>>
>>173518308
>I still feel like the people who claim SA1/2 are the best are a very vocal minority.
With the amount of crying and bitching I see for a third Adventure game to "save" Sonic every single year there is no way they are a vocal minority.
>>
File: the power of photoshop.png (85KB, 501x578px) Image search: [Google]
the power of photoshop.png
85KB, 501x578px
>>173517502
There's a lot, and I mean a lot, of artists who would be perfectly fine if they calmed down for a second and kept things reasonable. I actually edit stupid fanart for practice on memorizing proportions, and you wouldn't believe the number of terrible Sonic pics you can make look serviceable with a few tiny tweaks.
>>
>>173517597
Most who like the games like the Sonic/Shadow portions with the occasional chao garden diehard fan. Everything is fine until you say a Boost game is better than Adventure 1 & 2. They only hate boost because it's "gotta go fast" taken to its extreme. They just like adventure more because it feels like a 2D sonic game given 3D form.
>>
File: 1489928734866.png (189KB, 418x421px) Image search: [Google]
1489928734866.png
189KB, 418x421px
>>173518440
Sonic?
>>
>>173518440
>At least commandcraft is fun
But is it fast?
>>
>>173518552
Oh? Mind sharing some more if your efforts?
>>
File: The End of Chris Thorndyke 06.png (105KB, 463x604px) Image search: [Google]
The End of Chris Thorndyke 06.png
105KB, 463x604px
>>
>>173518552
I refuse to believe that anything could make Kayla-na, SSSonic2 or Nancher shit look good.
>>
>>173518308
Oh, I meant real life. Like...around sonic fans in the real world.
>>
File: The End of Chris Thorndyke 07.png (93KB, 462x602px) Image search: [Google]
The End of Chris Thorndyke 07.png
93KB, 462x602px
>>173517782
>>173517976
>>173518162
>>173518362
>>173518529
>>173518685

Oh YEAH, this is happening!
>>
>>173516397
None of the above
>>
File: Female buu.gif (274KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
Female buu.gif
274KB, 300x195px
>>173518048
I'm 27 and she is only 25. She looks up to me as the more skillful of players in Sonic games. She is more of an artist but is withdrawn from sharing except with me. She doesn't want me to share her art online (even though I praise her of how beautiful it looks) of what she would like to see Sonic and co in a more. Kemeno-esque fashion and artwork.

Shes just 6/10 on the scale of Gir. not fat. But a bit uh. Tiny? Yes Tiny. She is only 5 foot 1and she is geeky with glasses. was thinking of asking her out this christmas if she likes to move our friendship to another level.
>>
File: 61hIuwxZEBL.jpg (79KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
61hIuwxZEBL.jpg
79KB, 500x375px
>>
>>173518403

Yeah, bud. A very solid one at that.
This is hilarious.
>>
>>173518503
I wish you did for real. Need a new and better anon.
>>
>>173518721
Kayla-na isn't terrible when she's not drawing overly furry snouts, her main problem is her attitude.

Nancher's biggest issue is drawing every girl with the exact same body, which can cause it to cross over into "Sonic head on generic anime body" issues, but other than that he'd be passable.

SSSonic2's biggest issue is overly exaggerated proportions, when he tries keeping things on-model it turns out decent.
>>
File: Sonic Ice Cream lick.jpg (254KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Ice Cream lick.jpg
254KB, 768x1024px
>>173518102
damn the Ice Cream man gave me a frowny Sonic. yesterday for $3
>>
File: 1487711298210.png (255KB, 322x392px) Image search: [Google]
1487711298210.png
255KB, 322x392px
>>173518895
And you've known her for how long? Do you think she feels the same way by her body movements around you? I never had that sort of thing with my friends. Yeah they like Sonic games back then but now when I visit them we play other games and we sometimes play Sonic when I suggest it. I've known them for 14 years now. Now I'm in college and I'm friends with some girls and when they come over we sometimes play Sonic.
>>
>>173505728
I like how this doesn't resemble Rouge at all aside from being a bat. Not even by redesign standards. Still looks like her donut steel mother.
>>
>>173518683
I usually don't save them, but how about the original of the thing I just posted for an example of just how much more appealing you can make a picture when you focus on the core design and aesthetics instead of your personal interests?

>>173518721
Post something and I'll see what I can do. I'll warn you, my tablet pen is dead and I'm waiting for a replacement, so you're better off linking something that's monochrome or simple lineart. SSS would probably be the easiest to touch up.
>>
>>173518552
It wasn't enough
>>
>>173519253
damn. I wish there was an ice cream truck that would come though here. does it taste like nostalgia?
>>
>>173519227
>her main problem is her attitude
That and shipping herself with Sonic pokes my autism button.
>>
File: 35703047_p19.jpg (380KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
35703047_p19.jpg
380KB, 480x640px
>>
File: 1210902156783.jpg (423KB, 900x635px) Image search: [Google]
1210902156783.jpg
423KB, 900x635px
>>173519227
>Kayla-na isn't terrible when she's not drawing overly furry snouts, her main problem is her attitude.
If you ignore her wonky anatomy, same faces and lack of skill in anything but doing sketches.
>Nancher's biggest issue is drawing every girl with the exact same body, which can cause it to cross over into "Sonic head on generic anime body" issues, but other than that he'd be passable.
If you ignore his shit coloring, lack of understanding light sources and shading, terrible anatomy even when he does more cartoon and that he is inconsistent as fuck.
>SSSonic2's biggest issue is overly exaggerated proportions, when he tries keeping things on-model it turns out decent.
If you ignore his soulless art in general, the obvious tracing and copying of other artists and overuse of tools that help him draw as little as possible like lasso, line-tool and vectoring.
>>
>>173516658
>If he doesn't like a game I like, its bait!
Adventurecucks everyone
>>
>>173519589
>shipping herself with sonic
Isn't that almost every female OC? if it's not amy or a well known sega girl, it's some nobody OC
>>
File: Amy Kisses.gif (27KB, 340x382px) Image search: [Google]
Amy Kisses.gif
27KB, 340x382px
>>173519326
Since Early Elementary. We were in the same class and did Art together.
So like Since the age of 7 or so? She was 5 It was back in 1997 or so.
So far she likes to jump on me every time I win.
She smells nice and she is playfully cheery despite how shitty the rest of the world has been as of late.
I guess its more the fact that we known each other for so long that we are more bonded closer then my other friends I have. (they were dudes)
Is it weird that she is somewhat of a tomboy but sort of isn't? Like she has girl features but acts very bro-tier at times?
We play @ the arcades and go see movies. The latest movie we seen was Kong:Skull Island.
Can't wait to see the next film with Godzilla V.S Kong
>>
File: 1470302844675.png (164KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470302844675.png
164KB, 500x500px
>>173518548
Yeah, but they don't necessarily have to be of the opinion that the Adventure games were "great" though, do they? I'd imagine a lot of them just want an Adventure-like formula but done better. I also think you're exaggerating a bit there in general. "Every year?" Come on now. The last time there was a huge shitfit over SA3 was before Forces was announced to not be an Adventure sequel. (I mean, I can kind of understand where they're coming from, given how much Meme Man was teasing them about it, but to be THAT salty about it is very childish.) Since then I haven't seen much more Adventure shilling than usual.

But my point is I don't think the people who take it upon themselves to take the Adventure games "down a peg" are being particularly original or clever. I think there's a lot more Sonic fans who understand the games' flaws than people give them credit for.
>>
>>173519815
Hers stuck out the most when I started attentively fapping to Sonic. Maybe that's why I hate her with a passion. There's something about that shit that really irks me.
>>
Is there any artist that people don't have an issue with here?
>>
>>173519517
It does taste like it was back in the 1990s.
Gumball eyes are still hollow as ever.but the taste is delcious.
>>
>>173519815
>her Sonic OC is a hybrid
>even Sally likes her despite Mel dating Sonic
>is some super powerful demon with a hearth of gold
>plot revolves around her
Did I miss anything?
>>
>>173520031
Tojyo
>>
>>173520031
Nobody's perfect, so it's a question of whether you're intentionally conflating legitimate criticisms with mindless bashing. I can come up with criticisms of abt, doesn't mean I have an issue with him or think he's shit.
>>
>>173520031
drawloverlala
>>
>>173519253
Is that Blaster Master Zero in the Background?
You got a Switch?
You poor soul been diddled
>>
>>173520020
>There's something about that shit that really irks me.
Probably the fact that she has to shove herself into every goddamn fandom?

>>173520031
No.

>>173520174
>>173520202
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT TOJYO AND DRAWLOVERLALA AND WHY THEY SUCK. BUT FIRST WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT...
>>
>>173519473
You're not entirely wrong, but it's a start. Point is that a lot of artists are capable of doing way better than they do.
>>
>>173520031
Here as in here the general or outside because as far as I know literally no one ever trashes on Ben Bates. If you do then you're likely trolling. I know some anons are also up in the air on Skelly and Evans style. Not too sure about Hesse though.
>>
File: NICOLE_PNG.png (57KB, 182x336px) Image search: [Google]
NICOLE_PNG.png
57KB, 182x336px
>>173519848
My girl friends barely go out to the movies because of money problems and I say that I will pay for it but they say it's fine. So we barely get to do that now. Not many arcades in my area. One of them just bonds with me by talking about stuff and sometimes plays games. The other one bonds with me by talking about and playing videogames. I've known one of them for 4 years and the other one for a year. I'm closer with one of them.
>>
>>173519351
Who is that anyways? Michiyoshi?
>>
File: Pandemonium Wizard Village.jpg (1MB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
Pandemonium Wizard Village.jpg
1MB, 900x1273px
>>173515774
She is friends online with the artist that does this work. Pandemonium Wizard Village
>>
>>173520031
I don't have issues with artists, that's petty.
>>
>>173520301
>Probably the fact that she has to shove herself into every goddamn fandom?
Bingo. I remember my flag going up when someone posted her and that fox thing from FNaF and I ain't talking about no boners, I'll tell you what.
>>
>>173520428
>Not too sure about Hesse though.
Some think he's a tool and does way too much wacky face.
>>
File: yIlSJWt.png (217KB, 444x336px) Image search: [Google]
yIlSJWt.png
217KB, 444x336px
>>173520031
No, why would I?
If I don't like their stuff then I don't follow or talk about them.
If I do then I will.
Seems pretty simple.
Y'all need to calm your autism sometimes.
>>
>>173520432
Are they lesbians for each other? Do they know each other? You should like maybe get them together on even ground and have a bond with them. A DEEPER bond.
Proud of you anon. Its a shame that nowadays men are aversed to women who turn them down and turn them into gay cock sucking fug bois.
>>
>>173520008
I do hear bitching about it every year, anon. It's amplified these days by how Aaron teased, but it has always been there. Especially right after a game has released and people think about the next one.

I do think there are fans who see the games as flawed, but I also think there are just as many, if not more, who see it as the pinnacle of the Sonic franchise or at least the 3D games.
>>
>>173520543
If there's no flavour of the month then she's trying to create a fanbase of commissionwhores by going back and do fanart of old franchises, like Beetlejuice.

Apparently someone married that goblin.
>>
>>173520031
I have no problem with most artists.
>>
File: 1488445526075.png (89KB, 313x325px) Image search: [Google]
1488445526075.png
89KB, 313x325px
>>173520104
>is some super powerful demon with a hearth of gold
It really does all come together, doesn't it?
>>
>>173519848
>>173520432
>>173519326
>>173518895
>>173516430
This is giving me flashbacks to that one feels story an anon shared during the ride. Don't let your guy's story end like his did, hope whatever happens, it goes well for you faggots.
>>
File: 1392446540510.jpg (584KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
1392446540510.jpg
584KB, 2550x3300px
>>
File: 1491708059434.png (116KB, 604x572px) Image search: [Google]
1491708059434.png
116KB, 604x572px
>>173520794
>Apparently someone married that goblin.
Guess there's some hope for some of us, eh?
>>
File: 1426902482347.png (278KB, 261x370px) Image search: [Google]
1426902482347.png
278KB, 261x370px
>>173520752
Nah one of them is in a relationship and one got out of a shitty one. Not interested in either one of them. They're just my close friends since I'm here in another state. I know other people here but they're farther out so I see them sometimes. I know a lot what they did in middle school and highschool though, but I can't say it.
>>
File: Blaze the Cat Silhoutte.png (78KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
Blaze the Cat Silhoutte.png
78KB, 600x700px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od1-koPkMjI
Post Kitties
>>
>>173520938
Her comic about that Mary the Sue had lots of violence, sex and no color. It's a hilarious trainwreck.

>>173521113
She has a huge fanbase (defense force). I bet it was either one of her friends like Angelbreed or one of her fanboys who married that creature to get free porn.
>>
>>173512204
>drawloloverlala

what bullshit does DLL have behind them? genuinely curious
>>
>>173521445
Bad English and borderline DA-tier shipper. But generally a harmless little girl.
>>
>>173521445
She draws way too many ideas and barely uses them. She's like a fakemon creator who takes away every good idea for herself, even if others did it before her.
>>
>>173521567
>Bad English
Well to be fair she is from South America If I'm correct?
>D-A tier shipper
Yeah for the most part, though she's generally more calm than most of those shippers.
>>
>>173521709
Exactly, it's nothing offensive.
>>
>>173521623
I legitimately want a Skyline game, it's ridiculous.
>>
File: Screenshot_366.png (44KB, 1149x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_366.png
44KB, 1149x1085px
>>
>>173521260
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZes2J4ALt0
>>
>still not being shit on either
Looks like I'm getting away with it!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2JkNr4tV2E&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>173519227
>overly exaggerated proportions
maybe that's his fetish? I mean i'm not defending the guy but ass expansion and extreme hourglass shit is far from new.
>>
>>173517682
>went to try to recollect Koiu's works
>Find her Pixiv to have vanished completely

I assume she went similarly to Ohyuki?
>>
>>173522157
Obviously you're not worth mentioning.
>>
I'm eating venison chili right now

It's delicious
>>
ok /sthg/, where is it? there's a picture of sally in a bathrobe with her body showing slightly as a silhouette.
>>
>>173522353
Love me some deer steak!
>>
>>173522296
Just according to plan!
>>
>>173509571
I said they were pure, not consistent.
>>
File: Screenshot_367.png (43KB, 851x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_367.png
43KB, 851x1095px
>>173521260
>>
>>173515675
What does Sticks have against clothes?
>>
>>173520031
No one is free of criticism artistically. But the ones people are most vociferous of usually act like shitters in other ways to compound it.
>>
File: 1392260851878.png (370KB, 841x769px) Image search: [Google]
1392260851878.png
370KB, 841x769px
>>173516928
>>
>>173522269
Correct
>>
Would you consider Green Hill Zone from Sonic 1 on the genesis and game gear, Green Hills Zone from Sonic 2 game gear, and Mecha Green Hill from Sonic Chaos to all be the same place?
>>
>>173523030
honey needs more love
>>
>>173480635
are you me?

1. S3&K
2. Generations
3. Everything else
>>
>>173523195
Don't forget Sunset Hill Zone and Neo Green Hill Zone.
>>
File: 14892566121.png (251KB, 413x360px) Image search: [Google]
14892566121.png
251KB, 413x360px
i'm a boostfag

i respect and love my classicfag and adventurefag brethren

i love my rollercoaster racecar boost-win sonic! but i also love my 16-bit jump-run sonic. and i especially love my 3D dreamcast run-sprint-jump sonic with chao garden.

i love sonic. you love sonic. why can't we all just love sonic together?
>>
>>173523195
>Mecha Green Hill
This was actually outright stated in the manuals, only removed for the English Game Gear manual.

>Green Hills
Same thing, the Japanese manual implies it's the same zone, Green Hills with an "s" is a typo.
>>
>>173524207
Because if I don't have someone to shit on for having different opinions then the only person left I can deride is myself and I already do enough of that.
>>
>>173524230
Ah neat, I had a feeling that was the case, I just wasn't sure.
>>
File: 1437590116389.png (323KB, 384x534px) Image search: [Google]
1437590116389.png
323KB, 384x534px
>>173523061
They're parasitic organisms from space that use people as fuel!
>>
>>173524494
goddammit.
>>
>>173519848
Don't be a fag anon.
>>
File: 1462846344303.jpg (63KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1462846344303.jpg
63KB, 400x400px
>>173522353
Save some for me!
>>
>>173525548
Isn't that the pringles guy?
>>
File: 133amye102.jpg (62KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
133amye102.jpg
62KB, 640x479px
>>
>>173527561
W-why did Amy kill Gamma?
>>
>>173527729
He didn't bring the money.
>>
>>173527854
H-how much?
>>
>>173528034
tree fiddy
>>
>>173527561
She gave him the good death he had been searching for.
>>
Do you guys ever have dreams about Sonic?

I had the craziest dream last night where I was flying around my house and went outside and Sonic was hanging out on my porch. He asked me if I wanted to go fight "the bastral spiders" with him and I said yes but only after I ate breakfast. We went back inside and then Sonic said something about me covered in sports tape and asked if I was copying his style from Sonic Boom. I said no but looked down and there was glowing sports tape coming out of my body so I freaked out and woke up. All in all 10/10 would dream about Sonic again.
>>
does silver's head seem weird, design wise.

he has two big quills at the back and a pot leaf at the front.
>>
>>173529278
He doesn't seem to be built for speed.
>>
>>173530041
yeah, weed seems more his style
>>
>>173529278
He originally looked more like this.
>>
>>173531001
If he looked a little more dopey and only had his quills up while doing his psychic crap it'd probably be alright.
>>
>>173528452
I had a dream Rouge was giving me a titjob. That's about it.
>>
File: 1491251731100.png (650KB, 1280x1719px) Image search: [Google]
1491251731100.png
650KB, 1280x1719px
>>173524207
You can't prefer boost without acknowledging there must be a reason for it. You must have your own idea of "what Sonic SHOULD be". You have to fight for your favorite gameplay style if you want Sonic Team to keep making it.

I despise the idea that all opinions are equal.
>>
>>173527561
"No. You give ME the bird"
>>
File: url.jpg (6KB, 214x236px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
6KB, 214x236px
>>173531850
>>
>>173531850
Wave is underrated.
>>
>>173531850
What's funnier is all the sonicfans who shit all over freedom planet back when mania wasn't even a thing. There are those who like sonic games and those who are loyal to the sonic franchise
>>
>>173528452
What the fuck
>>173531818
Even that seems more sane
>>
ded comics?
>>
>>173534306

Certainly comatose.
>>
File: C8pdjoCUwAAPPZG.jpg (480KB, 1834x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C8pdjoCUwAAPPZG.jpg
480KB, 1834x2048px
>>
File: 1491750340822.gif (2MB, 400x444px) Image search: [Google]
1491750340822.gif
2MB, 400x444px
When are we gonna get another Rush-style game for portable systems my guys? I am in need.
>>
>>173531261
Well, his quills already look more rigid when he uses his powers.
>>
File: 1490227642559.jpg (114KB, 350x700px) Image search: [Google]
1490227642559.jpg
114KB, 350x700px
>>173528452
I had a dream I was married to Nicole, and we had a kinky time as I overloaded her CPU by opening a bunch of programs and forcing her to boot Windows 10.
>>
>>173536294
>forcing her to boot Windows 10
You sick fuck.
>>
File: significantly nervous nicole.gif (40KB, 390x364px) Image search: [Google]
significantly nervous nicole.gif
40KB, 390x364px
>>173536294
>we had a kinky time as I overloaded her CPU by opening a bunch of programs and forcing her to boot Windows 10
When you say "kinky time" do you mean rape?
>>
File: DELETE THIS.png (572KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DELETE THIS.png
572KB, 1200x900px
>>173536294
>>
>>173536839
It's not rape if they're both screaming.
>>
File: overhedge.png (283KB, 522x733px) Image search: [Google]
overhedge.png
283KB, 522x733px
>>
>>173528452
Blaze shows up in my dreams every once in a while.
>>
>>173536839
nicole is not for rape, this was very consensual
>>
>>173533637
I mean, who wouldn't shit on a bad game?
>>
>>173528452
>Suddenly covered in mysterious glowing fabric
The Bastral Spiders probably got you.
>>
>>173528452
I had a dream once where I fell through a dimensional portal, ended up in post-reboot Knothole, and eventually found an apartment in Empire City with a job working a chili dog stand on one of those parks on the roof of a mile high skyscraper that nobody can feasibly get to but end up getting to anyway.
>>
File: 1473220792330.jpg (49KB, 229x296px) Image search: [Google]
1473220792330.jpg
49KB, 229x296px
>>173533637
Don't you start that shit again.
>>
>>173537823
That sounds chill. And strange.
>>
>>173528452
No shitpost, I actually had a dream where I looked down and was wearing Sonic shoes. Instantly I tried running but couldn't reach super speed. I had them on the rest of the dream and kept periodically trying to go fast but I couldn't.
>>
>>173537823
>>173537280
>>173536294
>>173528452
Anyone here have any experience with lucid dreams, then? I'm having so much trouble i'm very ready to denounce them as bullshit.
>>
>>173538101
I had one recently that was VERY lucid. I couldn't change shit and all, but I could navigate and do stuff. I've got no clue what I did to trigger it, but I can definitely say it's a thing.
>>
>>173538101
I lucid dream sometimes but it's never intentional. Usually after I realize I'm dreaming, weird things start happening like my teeth start falling out. This freaks me out way too much even though I know it's not real so I wind up waking up.
>>
>>173538101
I want to call bullshit on dreams period.
>>
>>173538101
Oh, they are definitely real, and they're amazing. You can literally do whatever you want as long as you keep it up. I got myself used to checking the time twice every time I do it; if I'm dreaming, the cellphone will show two different times, or even something completely different; when that happens (basically almost every night) I can easily notice that I'm in a dream and take control. It takes a while though, and apparently it can be dangerous if you go too deep.
>>
>>173538101

Nah, all my dreams are horrific realistic nightmares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbnZwYFtwZU
>>
File: sonic-mario-rio.png (504KB, 750x598px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-mario-rio.png
504KB, 750x598px
Hello It's me. The "Birthday Anon" from yesterday.

Just decided to pop in and say yesterday went alright, but also ask you guys, has anyone actually played this?

The Dave and Busters I went to had this machine and while I played it only two times, I actually had fun with it.

I played as Amy first go and Blaze the second in case you're wondering.
>>
File: 1196039053120.jpg (51KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
1196039053120.jpg
51KB, 620x465px
>>
File: 1438483630963.jpg (69KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
1438483630963.jpg
69KB, 300x433px
>boot up Unleashed
>load save
>completely forget where I am and where I'm supposed to go
fug
>>
This is power is a key. THIS POWER CHANGES ME!
>>
File: 1350849611232.png (470KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1350849611232.png
470KB, 1024x1280px
Forget saving the world.

We need more casual slice-of-life in Sonic! Cute mobians doing cute things!
>>
>>173539471
>boot up Unleashed
>load save
>try to collect medals in Werehog level
>2 hours later
>1 hour later
>remember why I never played the game after that point
Unleashed should come to PC so people can already port out the medal collecting. I like the Werehog levels, but damn.
>>
>>173538745
So you mean you check every once a while in real life, kinda like in Inception with the spinning top?
>>
https://youtu.be/_GxK5bafAok
>>
>>173539741
>Wanting no stakes animu bullshit
Fuck off
>>
>>173538101
My dreams are too interesting to even bother with that.
>>
>>173537280
What tends to happen?
>>
>>173539741
I love seeing Sonic characters doing cute things, so I agree!
>>
>>173540810
>wanting no stakes bullshit
sounds like the sonic games we've been getting as of late
>>
File: 1490231824818.jpg (497KB, 2910x1702px) Image search: [Google]
1490231824818.jpg
497KB, 2910x1702px
>>173499106
This is why I want Yoko Shimomura to compose a Sonic game. She fucking loves leitmotifs.

Also, I think we need more theming in Sonic music. Too much of it relies on one style. One thing I love about SA2 is that every character had different types of music for their stages. Sonic had classic rock, Knuckles had rap, Rouge had jazz, Eggman had grunge metal and Shadow had techno/acid. (Tails is the only one without anything specific but he was added at the last minute so whatever) It's never been duplicated since.

I've always been a fan of the nature vs technology dynamic of Sonic vs Eggman. Eggman themed stages and bosses should have more techno-esque themes and military snare drums.

https://youtu.be/iB4ykFwpW_0
>>
File: Sticks Dance.webm (87KB, 260x314px) Image search: [Google]
Sticks Dance.webm
87KB, 260x314px
Daily reminder that Sticks has the jazziest theme in this whole game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytY5px8ShEo
>>
>>173542460

Just realised that it sounds more like a Mario theme than a Sonic theme.
>>
>>173542460
STICKS IS CUDDLY
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (328KB, 1152x1872px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
328KB, 1152x1872px
What ever happened to him?
>>
As they were both made by Dr. Robontik, isn't Breezie/Robotnik Jr. incest?
>>
File: 153948383020.jpg (44KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
153948383020.jpg
44KB, 567x437px
> You will never be your favorite boy's powerbottom bitch
>>
>>173543864

Same fate as every character made for a handheld game not called Blaze or Eggman Nega (Cream was made for Heroes); discarded to the side like trash.
>>
>>173540810
It worked for the first 40 issues.
>>
>>
>>173546476
context?
>>
>>173546476
Wtf
>>
>>173540810
Anime didn't invent slice-of-life.
>>
>>173541524
Colors-Lost World had stakes. They might not have been the crux of the game, but they were still stakes.
>>
>>173547502
They just had trouble. Not actual stakes.
>>
File: C8-x_QlV0AAEYAh.jpg (109KB, 1019x790px) Image search: [Google]
C8-x_QlV0AAEYAh.jpg
109KB, 1019x790px
So that's why we haven't seen him use it again!
>>
File: steel chair effect.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
steel chair effect.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
Because this thread isn't shit enough.
fuck you guys i can post whatever i want
>>
@173547775
(You)
>>
>>173547758
Shadow a dick.
>>
>>173546476
Pseudo Sonic?
>>
>>
File: sht1-1.jpg (197KB, 712x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sht1-1.jpg
197KB, 712x1024px
>>173547894
>>
>>173548342
a Sonic character being this tall doesn't feel right
>>
File: sht1-2.jpg (210KB, 714x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sht1-2.jpg
210KB, 714x1024px
>>173548415
>>
>>173547758
I'd buy one of those if they were official.
>>
>>173548415
>>173548578
Can anyone translate?
>>
Nic the Weasel is cute!
>>
>>173549398
She's just Nack in a drag.
>>
File: [SCREAMS INTERNALLY].png (257KB, 854x459px) Image search: [Google]
[SCREAMS INTERNALLY].png
257KB, 854x459px
>>173546476
This literally made me spit out my drink, HORY SHET
>>
>>173548578
is this the same artist that drew blaze and silver getting ready to nake out?
>>
>>173549910
Are you saying Nack/Fang isn't cute?
>>
>>
>>173550054
I don't know but I doubt it. This artist is mostly Sonic/Shadow/Tails/Nack.
>>
>>173546476
Would you a Robo-Sticks?
>>
>>173546476
>Such a low budget you can't even retexture, let alone remodel, most of the robot copies.
Do they even get paid to make this show?
>>
>>
>>
>>
FINALLY. A NEW ENVIRONMENT
>>
>Dr Wily was the one who rescued Eggman from the end of Generations

well fuck, i guess that kinda makes sense
>>
>>173553456
>>173546476
OH SHIT

>>173553493
That's only the comics though.

What happened in the games?
>>
>>173553953
>What happened in the games?

They finally found that door over there.
>>
File: 1445090498340.jpg (193KB, 729x933px) Image search: [Google]
1445090498340.jpg
193KB, 729x933px
>>
File: well shit.png (907KB, 1752x747px) Image search: [Google]
well shit.png
907KB, 1752x747px
>>173553456
>black ship with red stripe

oh god
>>
>>173541043
I'm too lazy to look through my dream logs, but usually she's just involved somehow doing something and I never acknowledge it's her until I wake up. Except for one time when we fucked. That was a good one. I need help...
>>
>>173556347
So I assume Blaze was still a cat at the time?
>>
File: 1394480659976.png (168KB, 493x444px) Image search: [Google]
1394480659976.png
168KB, 493x444px
>>173556674
ye
>>
File: SR_Shahra.png (71KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
SR_Shahra.png
71KB, 256x256px
>>
Fucking shit tailskicks-ass is down AGAIN. How can a website be so shite.
>>
>>173557083
Can you post details on /trash/?
>>
File: 40a938d1765ab614434d959816bb223c.jpg (283KB, 910x1229px) Image search: [Google]
40a938d1765ab614434d959816bb223c.jpg
283KB, 910x1229px
>>
File: watch.png (234KB, 370x247px) Image search: [Google]
watch.png
234KB, 370x247px
>>
File: tailscombo.gif (4MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tailscombo.gif
4MB, 500x281px
>>173557704
>tailskicks-ass
Never heard of it.

Pic possibly related?
>>
>>173557937
Some shitty site for reading the sonic comics online. Awful U.I, slow and heaps of downtime.
>>
>>173552292
Cute
>>
I'm actually surprised we haven't heard a word about a Sonic Forces 3DS.
Maybe this means an original handheld Sonic title in the future?
>>
>>173548415
>>173548578
>took the book for himself
What a mean lab rat.
>>
>>173548415
>>173548578
Why didn't Tails just fly and grab the book?
>>
>>173558582
Probably no more handheld releases. Unless you count Switch stuff.
>>
>>173558829
>Switch gets the cheap 6 month deadline Dimps version of Forces
>>
>>173557704
>>173558242
Unless you're trying to read Genesis of a Hero or the Chaotix arc, you're better off downloading the Mega archive.
>>
>>173557807
this is so happy it's scary
>>
>>173559014
This website has them. Just search for Sonic.
http://readcomiconline.to/

>>173558918
>Forces as a whole is gimped so that it can fit on the Switch
>>
>>173514118
Isn't Freedom Planet a Sonic game anyway?

Why does it have it's own general?
>>
File: Rick2.png (187KB, 435x449px) Image search: [Google]
Rick2.png
187KB, 435x449px
>>173559265
>>
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7xfACBd_vy1jxKwM4TY2FLr0JHnflcxfQhoLp48In_tGTCw/viewform

A link to the new Sonic Boom episodes

BUT

it's password protected. The only hints that were provided are
>its a relatively short password
>it has to do with Sonic's creation
>>
>>
File: tumblr_onlfxcVXqu1uwb389o1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1389px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onlfxcVXqu1uwb389o1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1389px
>>
File: 1482356279729.png (102KB, 298x306px) Image search: [Google]
1482356279729.png
102KB, 298x306px
>>173559824
I was just about to post this.
>>
>>173558779
He was in a library.
>>
>>173559824
This looks like a google forms, not a file.
>>
>>173559265
>Isn't Freedom Planet a Sonic game anyway?
It's as much a Sonic game as Shovel Knight is a Ducktales game
>>
File: chuckle.png (601KB, 652x718px) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.png
601KB, 652x718px
>>173559824
Mistake?
>>
>>173557790
I don't really remember anything much. Here's to hoping it happens again.
>>
>>173560398
That's stupid. But I checked anyway, and it's not it.
>>
File: What have you done.png (236KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
What have you done.png
236KB, 540x405px
>>173559824
Yeah I got nothing
>>
>>173559824
Where'd you even get this link?
>>
>>173561183
I got the link from an elite earthbender.
>>
>>173561532
>Elite earthbender
Who?
>One quick Google search later
Ah fuck, it's a Sonamy fag. And she's on the more extreme side by the looks of it, yeah fuck this I'll just wait.
>>
File: tumblr_nhpn79i2z61st27xbo1_1280.jpg (201KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhpn79i2z61st27xbo1_1280.jpg
201KB, 600x800px
>>173559824
Here's another hint: the security of this thing is completely lacking.
>>
>>173492924
I felt this was relevant to this.

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1500024&p=49454645#post49454645
>>
File: 1479992432114.png (1MB, 1001x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1479992432114.png
1MB, 1001x1100px
>>173545314
bruh
>>
>>173561619
She's the one that usually provides the episodes anyway. I mean, usually, any link you see to a Sonic Boom episode is usually from her.
>>
She gave another hint. The password is 10 characters.
>>
>>173561696
Why is that blue gerbil annoyed?
>>
She also said that the reason it's password protected is because she doesn't want the fandom's viewing experience to be ruined when the episodes officially air in the US.
>>
The password is not all one word
>>
File: 62034824_p0_master1200.jpg (241KB, 525x600px) Image search: [Google]
62034824_p0_master1200.jpg
241KB, 525x600px
>>173561741
Still doesn't change the fact that she's near the extreme spectrum of shipping, just by looking on some of her other posts. She probably sums up all Sonamy fans, they go crazy over the littlest thing and assume the best possible thing for their ship if it's even given a nod. Granted though, that's most shipping but man is it so obvious to see it with Sonamy fans due to how prevalent they are. I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt however and assume she doesn't attack other people's ships if they attack hers.
>>
>>173562187
I don't see why her being a shipper has anything to do with her always providing links to the Sonic Boom episodes.
>>
File: Cake Coloured.jpg (2MB, 2091x1875px) Image search: [Google]
Cake Coloured.jpg
2MB, 2091x1875px
I hope the artist doesn't mind that I coloured this.
>>
File: 1471989765156.jpg (20KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1471989765156.jpg
20KB, 292x257px
>>173562019
>she doesn't want the fandom's viewing experience to be ruined when the episodes officially air in the US
>>
File: fall.png (25KB, 170x202px) Image search: [Google]
fall.png
25KB, 170x202px
>>173562403
Not him but I certainly don't mind
My heart might mind
O-oh god, it's so fucking sweet
>>
>>173562340
It doesn't, I wasn't talking about the episode link anymore. I was directing the discussion towards her background as a shipper since I knew nothing could be done about the episodes. If we get them, great, if we don't, well shit. I assumed you were judging my decision to give up on the password by her shipping preferences and I had to explain myself.
>>173562403
Doubt he will, it looks great anon. Nice job.
>>
File: 1443791875340.png (65KB, 174x244px) Image search: [Google]
1443791875340.png
65KB, 174x244px
>>173562403
>bottomless
>>
File: 1426795562206.jpg (69KB, 323x345px) Image search: [Google]
1426795562206.jpg
69KB, 323x345px
>>173562403
I don't mind at all, you did a fantastic job!

Better than what I would've done, that's for sure.
>>
>>173561874
>>173559824

Yeah fuck that. Call me when somebody else figures it out cause I've got nothing.
>>
>>173562187
That's assuming that all Sonamy fans are the same. I ship Sonamy and I don't do that. In fact, I could careless about it in Boom, despite it being the most prevalent there. I'll agree that some of them do that way too much though.
>>
>>173562689
>>173562851
Cheers guys.

>>173562931
Yeah, I forgot that she wears booty shorts.
Ah well I guess.

>>173562969
Cheers man.
I hope you don't mind that I used the photo as base instead of the scan.
>>
>>173563636
Wow, really? It looks a little better than the scan.
>>
File: 1482640427463.png (2MB, 1957x1949px) Image search: [Google]
1482640427463.png
2MB, 1957x1949px
>>173563449
Alright, fine, the thread is pretty chill right now, so here.

Wait, I just went check and it was taken down? Lol.
Anyway, here's the link that was behind the password. The password was Sonic's birthday, if I remember correctly.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7xfACBd_vy1jxKwM4TY2FLr0JHnflcxfQhoLp48In_tGTCw/viewform
>>
>>173563806
Sorry, I copied the form link instead of the video link.

Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-kqIIDEt8YLaEtFXzNqckF1NUU/view
>>
>>173563702
The scan lost a fair bit of shading on the hair. It's part of the reason I didn't use it.
The other reason being that the scan is like, half the size of the photo.
>>
>>173563926
Sweet.
>>
I bet Bump would let me touch her, the sloot
>>
>>173563509
That's why I said probably anon, I knew chill guys like you existed. It's always the extreme side of anything that give anything a bad name.
>>
>tfw thread's low on images and can't post art
>>
>>173564726
Oh, okay. And yeah, the extreme fans always ruin things for me as well.
>>
Any word on the comic yet?
>>
>>173565132
It's the exact same word when you asked earlier and it will be the exact same word when you ask later.
>>
>>173547775
out with you
>>
>>173563926
It just stopped working out of nowhere...
>>
>>173565132
Last major thing was Yardley! saying that the editor said Archie and SEGA are talking.

Archie and SEGA themselves haven't said anything yet other than they'll inform fans when they can.
>>
File: EggMmph.png (174KB, 310x318px) Image search: [Google]
EggMmph.png
174KB, 310x318px
>>173565516
Damn and right when I was in the middle of recor-I MEAN "watching" the first episode on that file...heh heh....
>>
File: Robotnik_Confused.jpg (70KB, 690x364px) Image search: [Google]
Robotnik_Confused.jpg
70KB, 690x364px
>>173562019
>she doesn't want the fandom's viewing experience to be ruined when the episodes officially air in the US.

Then don't release it?
>>
File: 1485143719400.jpg (110KB, 935x963px) Image search: [Google]
1485143719400.jpg
110KB, 935x963px
>>173564584
All over anon
>>
File: tumblr_oo5l9vEjQl1rcatnso1_1280.jpg (812KB, 1262x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo5l9vEjQl1rcatnso1_1280.jpg
812KB, 1262x1920px
>>
>>173564584
Go to bed, Sage.
>>
>>173566223
With each page, her art style gets uglier and uglier.
>>
>>173566740
Thank god the comic's dead so we don't have to see any more of her hideous artwork. Now if only she could take the hint and stop drawing altogether. She's too far gone to make the character look at least semi passable
>>
>>173566223
I really like the lighting here
>>
>>173567230
She's gotten a lot better at that since she started doing 3D modeling.
>>
>>173546476
>>173553456
>tfw the french are just getting season 2 but they're already ahead of us.
Fuck CN.
>>
>>173564584
You wish, you creep!
>>
>>173567917
Bump's a slut anon. I know it hurts, but you need to accept and come to terms with that.
>>
>>173516620
>>173518308
>>173518548
>>173520008
>>173520792
The bouncy thing in SA2 is very useful when speedrunning. Also you can find neat shit if you replay the earlier levels with it. All abilities in SA2 have uses in earlier levels for optional stuff or to go F4ST3R. Probably because they were copying 3D platformers that were popular at the time.

Also nobody that isn't an absolute moron thinks the adventure games are flawless, but the Sonic series as a whole is far from flawless.

>>173531850
Why isn't SEGA more reasonable???? They should have THREE main Sonic series to pander to ALL of their special needs fans autismo.
>>
>>173566740
>>173567047
Where'd the sudden Stanley hate come from? Her art isn't my favorite, but I think it's alright and as far as polish goes, certainly stands out among the other artists in the comic.
>>
File: imageproxy (4).png (203KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
imageproxy (4).png
203KB, 500x260px
The robots found in F&I's concept art
>>
File: 1491424718087.png (554KB, 680x746px) Image search: [Google]
1491424718087.png
554KB, 680x746px
I want to put a bell around silvers neck and keep him as a pet.
>>
>>173568450
So those were the game character that Bill was talking about
>>
>>173531850
I bet Wave likes it rough.
>>
>>173545336
Isn't she for a split second in Adventure 1?
>>
>>173568261
>7-9 hours ago
>>
File: 1414384952903.jpg (76KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1414384952903.jpg
76KB, 400x500px
can someone make me a 3D nicole model for Wallpaper Engine thank you
>>
File: imageproxy (3).png (138KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
imageproxy (3).png
138KB, 500x275px
>>173568585
I doubt it since the concept art was just a preview for season 2 of the show.
tomatopotamus is cute
>>
File: 1489728365209.jpg (29KB, 208x208px) Image search: [Google]
1489728365209.jpg
29KB, 208x208px
Update on the french episodes.

She says she's going to livestream it sometime this week.
>>
>>173568762
DX ports yeah. She has a cameo.
>>
>>173568810
>not a chat
>>
>>173569218
I haven't played the Dreamcast version in years but I don't remember that scene playing out differently.
>>
>>173566223
>Sonic Control
But you can't control Sonic!
>>
File: 18907562374685.jpg (219KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
18907562374685.jpg
219KB, 800x800px
>>173568535
Too late, dweeb
>>
File: superior taste.jpg (77KB, 540x392px) Image search: [Google]
superior taste.jpg
77KB, 540x392px
The "Dark age" of Sonic is a myth. Sonic has always had inconsistent quality, and there hasn't been more than 1 objectively bad game in a row in it's entire history.
>>
>>173570040
You really want to resuscitate the thread with that?
>>
>>173569428
In DX, Cream flies around at certain points of the game. One common point is the alleyway in Station Square after you complete Casinopolis as Sonic or Tails. This never happened in the original version.
>>
>>173570127
No, i'm just vomiting my opinion unto you.
>>
>>173568831
No one is going to do that for free bucko.
>>
>>173568283
You know people here are picky about art. Or they're baiting.
>>
>>173568283
The first post is faggot and the second is basically just a shitpost copypasta.
>>
>>173570843
This too is a faggot.
>>
>>173570172
I've never seen her in any other point in DX, I always assumed the implication was that she had left the stone thingie in the alley.
>>
>>173570843
First post isn't wrong. Stanley's art has always been ugly and bloated.
>>
>>173571141
Neither is the second. She hasn't really improved. If anything, she's gotten worse
>>
>>173520493
pandemonium wizard village was fucking great

i ordered a print version from amazon japan just so i could stick it in my library and give people the english files when they ask about it
>>
>>173571141
>>173571212
Way to prove me right.
>>
File: tumblr_oirii609tF1tzzngso1_500.png (428KB, 430x455px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oirii609tF1tzzngso1_500.png
428KB, 430x455px
How popular and well known is Sonic in his world?
>>
>>173571508
>If they don't like an artist I like they're shitposters
>>
>>173571648
Some places, like Station square he's incredibly well known, and in others, like Soleanna, no one living there has heard of him.
>>
>>173571743
You'd think after saving the world enough times the whole world would be aware of the blue porcupine.
>>
>>173571141
My only problem with Evan is her colors. I get its supposed to match the whole gloomy tone of her comic but christ, a little real color would is long overdo.
>>
>>173571681
Anon, he flat out said he thinks her art is just alright. Way to get defensive.

>>173571648
I think he's probably well known all over the world, given how he's pretty much been everywhere & has saved the world on numerous occasions.
>>
>>173571648
>>173571743
>>173571892
>>173571908
A lot of people in Unleashed didn't know who Sonic was either.
>>
>>173572235
True, but there's a good chance that's changed after the events of the game.
>>
File: really made me think hard.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
really made me think hard.png
53KB, 256x256px
Is Sonic always in the same world or are there multiple worlds?

Are there only 2 worlds? The one where there's lots of speaking animals and the one where there's humans? Or are there different worlds for all the humans? Or are all part of the same world?
>>
>>173572656
It's always the same world. The two worlds bullshit makes 0 sense. The games were written with the idea of there being one world in mind
>>
>>173572656
From what I understand, the two worlds nonsense is actually spoken from a design point of view.
In this game, will the level designs look like the Adventures, or Unleashed, like a real world? Or will it look like the classic trilogy, Heroes, or Lost World?
>>
>>173572656
the 2D sonic games take place on their own islands that don't exist on our earth where anthropomorphized animals evolved like sonic and tails and knuckles.

the adventure and 3D games take place in mostly human settled areas, some of which are based on real cities or locations like Unleashed's levels or Soleanna, and some other that are completely fabricated just for game version of Earth like Casino Park or Twinkle Park
>>
Why is colouring people's art so fun and relaxing?
Also, why do I keep using different images to get Amy's colours?
>>
>>173573871
Lovely work, anon! Even though you colored Amy's arms pink.
>>
>>173574065
FUCK!
Glad I didn't close it yet.
I knew something was off.
>>
>>173572656
2 worlds.

The one with all the crazy shit like Little Planet and the Lost Hex is Sonic's world. It has cities like all the other games, but certain games feature 2 moons (or, at least, one moon and one moon-like satellite). In addition, the locales are usually not as realistic (Casino Park/Bingo Highway, the pinball city, or Frog Forest).

The human world (probably known as Earth) is where the more grounded games take place. These games have more realistic locales, along with an abundance of humans. In addition, it seems like there is only one moon, as it was framed as a big deal in SA2's plot.

List of games that take mainly place in Sonic's world:

Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3 & Knuckles
Sonic the Hedgehog CD
Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Sonic Mania
Sonic Advance 1-3
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Rush
Sonic Riders, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, and Sonic Free Riders
Sonic Rivals 1 & 2
Sonic Colors
Sonic Lost World

List of games mainly set on the human world (Earth):

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
Sonic Battle
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic Unleashed
>>
So in other words, Gerald went to Sonic's World to study Angel island, so he could make a Master Emerald Alter the center of the Ark, studied in the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic's World, and created a Sonic's World hedgehog using the blood of an alien from the real world who wanted the Emeralds from Sonic's World.
Then Eggman takes Shadow back to Sonic's World, who then travels back to the human world to fight the aliens from the real world who wanted the Emeralds from Sonic's World.

Sure, stuff like that totally works.
>>
>>173574530
Never mind that Knuckles' clan is apparently from the human world, since Angel island is originally part of the mystic ruins.
>>
>>173568283
Looks alright to me. Lighting is pretty nice too. My main problem is that the way she draws certain expressions is really strange sometimes. I can't describe it, maybe she's adding too much detail or something. This particular page looks more than fine though.
>>
>>173574065
>>173574141
God damn it, I've just noticed that the two other Yoto Amy pics I've coloured I gave her pink arms as well.
>>
File: 1468799113918.jpg (208KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468799113918.jpg
208KB, 1920x1080px
>>173574530
>>173574671
THE LORE THICKENS
>>
>>173574530
>>173574671
The Emeralds aren't really "from" Sonic's world. No one knows their exact origins. Anyway, it's best not to think of them as entirely separate dimensions but separate "countries", in a sense. They know of each other, and denizens of both worlds travel to the other one sometimes, but both countries have different architecture, culture or history.
>>
>>173575083
So the games take place on one world.
>>
>>173575260
THINK of them as two countries. As in, metaphorically. You know, metaphors?
>>
>>173575319
I THINK of the entire thing idiotic. I THINK that retard Iizuka needs to be gassed.
>>
>>173575514
Don't you think you're being a bit extreme?
>>
File: 1491618833623.png (248KB, 757x817px) Image search: [Google]
1491618833623.png
248KB, 757x817px
Unpopular opinions time

I don't like humans walking around with Sonic at all. It's an extremely Japanese concept. Eggman should be the only human. No realistic animals either. Not sure how I feel about little animals.
>>
>>173575514
Wow try not to cut yourself on that edge.
>>
>>173576575
I'm edgy the hedgie.
>>
>>173576462
Little animals should stay, but yes, humans don't belong in Sonic, but I'd argue that should include Eggman. He should be like, a crow or something
>>
>>173576462
Unpopular AND terrible opinions, apparently.
>>
>>173576749
>humans don't belong in Sonic
Only furries who bathed in the western fanfiction think this because of their Mobius crap.
>>
>>173576462
I want edgy plot again like sa1, sa2 and sonic 3&K
>>
>>173576937
Nah, I don't like it because Eggman alway looked out of place. The rest of the characters were furries, why not him?

Then again, him being human does make sense, since it help drive home the whole "Nature good, industry bad" thing, and humans created industry. Yeah, he's fine
>>
>>173576976
does 'edgy' describe anything other more serious "stop baldy mcnosehair's plans! or not because he's a joke lol"?
>>
>>173577003
>"Nature good, industry bad" thing, and humans created industry.
Which honestly has no place in Sonic since that was never the case.
>>
>>173577179
The further you got in the game, the more "artificial" thing got, the good futures in CD had all this nature, and the bad futures were overrun by machines. Eggman's themed around industry and machines, it was there
>>
File: 1490233268146.jpg (15KB, 236x295px) Image search: [Google]
1490233268146.jpg
15KB, 236x295px
>>173576749
What? Crows are cool. Him being a human helps him stand out as the villain, and that also says a lot about ourselves.

Also if little animals stay then that raises serious questions about their place in society. Are they evolutionary failures? Are they treated as pets? What would Sonic think of a little animal hedgehog?

>>173576937
No, people who grew up with basically ANY western cartoon involving anthropomorphic animals think that. Like I said, it's Japanese as fuck to have anthros walk amongst humans. It's fucking weird unless it's a high fantasy setting.

>>173577179
It should be though, because it works.
>>
>>173577260
>It should be though, because it works.
We had enough western furry shows and games playing with that hippie theme. Sonic doesn't need it.
>>
>>173577260
So then what does Sonic save? Or here's a better idea, we don't fucking question it. Eggman is the only human, he captures small animals, and everyone else is anthros. Don't question any of it. Nothing about Sonic's world should be explained, nor does it need to be
>>
>>173577245
But the good futures had machinery, too. In fact, one of the background themes in that game was that technology could be used for the good OR bad of the environment.
>>
>>173577260
>No, people who grew up with basically ANY western cartoon involving anthropomorphic animals think that.
Loony Tunes, anon? I remember seeing a fuck-ton of humans in it. But apparently when it comes to Sonic it's suddenly a problem. Just like with having an actual story. It's like the series is restricted from having things everythibg else has.
>>
>>173577349
>what does Sonic save?

The planet? Duh.
>>
>>173577114
perhaps serious is the better. nonetheless, I want cheesy dialog with plot that's worth giving a damn while the characters and story is taken at least somewhat seriously (as compared to say Sonic Colors)
>>
>>173577446
I meant inside the capsules. He saves the little animals. Why are there smaller animals? Because. This fanbase would be so much better if people stopped nitpicking the littlest shit. How did Shadow survive the fall in SA2? He just did. Why is Sonic fast? He just is. How does the 2 worlds thing work? It just does. It's a fucking fictional video game, it doesn't have to have every last little thing explained. It's like you all can't suspend your disbelie
>>
>>173577349
Why shouldn't I question it? I like Sonic's world and its lore. If it has no rules, or those rules don't make sense, why should I give a shit about the story?

>>173577340
How is it hippie? It's just a simple subconscious identity of hero and villain. It's not like it's standing on a soapbox making an actual statement about environmentalism.

>>173577445
Sonic is not Looney Tunes. That stuff works for wacky comedies where Bugs literally saws off Florida and walks up to Warner Bros executives demanding more money. Not Sonic, where things happen for an actual reason.
>>
>>173577556
That's sounds fucking stupid and brainless. Even the classic games weren't that empty in their manuals.
>>
>>173577556
But that's fucking autistic. Like, ACTUALLY autistic.
>>
>>173577614
>Sonic is not Looney Tunes. That stuff works for wacky comedies where Bugs literally saws off Florida and walks up to Warner Bros executives demanding more money. Not Sonic, where things happen for an actual reason.
That doesn't explain the reason why there can't be humans. Why kind of problem do they create? Oh, because it stops the series from becoming some kind of furryfest? That's pretty trivial if that's the case.
>>
>>173577556
but anon sonic breathing in space needs to make sense or i cant take the games seriously
>>
>>173577658
>That's sounds fucking stupid and brainless
About as stupid and brainless as nitpicking about pointless shit in a video game for children?
>>173577614
>Why shouldn't I question it? I like Sonic's world and its lore. If it has no rules, or those rules don't make sense, why should I give a shit about the story?
You're not upposed to give a shit. The story is there as fluff, nothing more, nothing less
>>173577762
And spending thread after thread arguing about what's canon to a video game for children, a canon the creators don't care about when pumping them out somehow isn't?
>>173577820
You joke but people seriously argue this
>>
>>173577798
You're ignoring the fact that Sonic characters walking next to realistic humans is fucking WEIRD. Sonic running fast is just the rules this world works under. But humans walking next to Sonic is two different sets of worldbuilding rules playing out at the exact same time. No Western franchise does this.

Imagine if only the major characters in the Duckverse were ducks, and everyone else was human. It would be fucking weird and ruin the image of that unique world.

>>173577879
>You're not upposed to give a shit. The story is there as fluff, nothing more, nothing less
That applies to every game ever. Are you saying you don't care about video game stories? That's pathetic and I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>173577879
Most of the kids shows you grew up with had lore. Lore is not something that is "adult". It's called having structure, unless you're hitting the ages 4-5 which Sonic is not.
>>
I guess this is one way to get to another thread quicker.
>>
>>173578069
>That applies to every game ever. Are you saying you don't care about video game stories? That's pathetic and I feel sorry for you.
Yes, because video game stories, unless they're RPGs or VNs where that's the fucking POINT, are just window dressing for the meat that is the gameplay
>>
>>173578069
>You're ignoring the fact that Sonic characters walking next to realistic humans is fucking WEIRD. Sonic running fast is just the rules this world works under. But humans walking next to Sonic is two different sets of worldbuilding rules playing out at the exact same time. No Western franchise does this.
This sounds like more of you thing then a Sonic thing. What you're arguing against isn't unnatural and has been done.

>Imagine if only the major characters in the Duckverse were ducks, and everyone else was human. It would be fucking weird and ruin the image of that unique world.
But that's not Sonic. That's why there is really no problem with his world having humans.
>>
File: 1491434369697.jpg (7KB, 200x131px) Image search: [Google]
1491434369697.jpg
7KB, 200x131px
>muh lore arguments
>>
>>173578331
>Hurr hurr Sonic doesn't have lore!
It's like none of you have ever played let alone touched a Sonic game.
>>
>>173578253
>What you're arguing against isn't unnatural and has been done.
Name one western franchise that does this, that isn't a wacky comedy.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is TMNT. But Sonic and friends are not mutants.

>But that's not Sonic. That's why there is really no problem with his world having humans.
That's...not an argument. If I'm going to take Sonic storytelling seriously (which I want to) like I can Duckverse, it needs to have rules that actually make sense. Like I said, the whole "anthros walk among humans" thing is purely a Japanese thing, and it doesn't belong in Sonic which, for all intents and purposes, is built for Americans the same way Metal Gear is.
>>
>>173578472
It doesn't really matter though. It's there to make it seem deeper than it really is
>>
>>173578516
>But Sonic and friends are not mutants.
>super speed
>flight
>super strength
They sound like mutants to me.
>>
>>173578472
>Hurr hurr Sonic doesn't have lore!
I never said that Sonic didn't have lore, you presumptuous fuck. I'm just saying this argument is fucking stupid.
>>
>>173578516
>That's...not an argument. If I'm going to take Sonic storytelling seriously (which I want to) like I can Duckverse
Then that's your problem if you want to take a franchise meant for children seriously
>>
>>173578516
>Like I said, the whole "anthros walk among humans" thing is purely a Japanese thing, and it doesn't belong in Sonic which, for all intents and purposes, is built for Americans the same way Metal Gear is.
There is literally nothing wrong with it. In fact, it's charming and unique. The west's furfaggotry shouldn't ruin that.
>>
>>173578623
TMNT and Transformers were meant for children. So was Samurai Jack, Megas XLR, and Motorcity.
>>
>>173577798
It looks weird and SEGA seems incapable of designing human characters for some reason. They don't even look like real humans, particularly Eggman. That's the main reason I wish they didn't include them.

>>173578623
>Children don't deserve a good story that respects their intelligence.
>>
>>173578689
>Disney is furfaggotry
Oh please.

>In fact, it's charming and unique.
No, it's just weird. It exists purely because Sonic Team wants to treat Sonic like a comedy.
>>
>>173576937
Mobius has humans though
>>
>>173578861
This really does sounds like a YOU problem, not a Sonic problem. You honestly need to just get over it, and stop asking for the series to be held back.
>>
>>173578827
Also I didn't meant to say I don't want Eggman in the games.

I just used him as an example of SEGA not being able to show proper humans.
>>
>>173578827
Like I said, Eggman should be anthro. Everyone should be. And get rid of the realism shit. It clashes horribly with the character designs. It should be more Sly Cooper and less, well whatever the fuck Unleashed was
>>
>>173578980
Define "proper humans".

>>173579003
You need to leave this franchise.
>>
File: 1488583226998.png (425KB, 753x830px) Image search: [Google]
1488583226998.png
425KB, 753x830px
>>173579003
>Eggman should be anthro
For the sake of speeding shit up I'll bite.
>>
>>173579054
>You need to leave this franchise.
Why, because I have an opinion you disagree with?
>>
>>173578967
>This really does sounds like a YOU problem, not a Sonic problem. You honestly need to just get over it, and stop asking for the series to be held back.
Everyone with half a brain hates humans in Sonic. That's not them being furries. That's them not being weeaboos and wanting something resembling consistency.

That doesn't hold the series back, if anything the whole "Sonic lives on Earth" bullshit holds it back by not being its own unique world with its own unique species.

I'm just trying to illustrate to you how ludicrous it all is. Imagine if the Justice League were anthro animals, and everyone on Earth didn't bat an eye.
>>
>>173579003
As the games have gotten more cartooney they have softened the blow, I don't think Eggman has ever felt out of place. But yes, even then everyone else it still feels off.

>>173579054
Not like pic related.
>>
>>173579167
>Everyone with half a brain hates humans in Sonic. That's not them being furries. That's them not being weeaboos and wanting something resembling consistency.
If that were true you wouldn't be having an argument about it.

>That doesn't hold the series back, if anything the whole "Sonic lives on Earth" bullshit holds it back by not being its own unique world with its own unique species.
Dragon Ball is set on Earth with it's own unique elements, and you don't see people throwing a shit-fit over it. It being an issue with Sonic is unfounded.

>I'm just trying to illustrate to you how ludicrous it all is. Imagine if the Justice League were anthro animals, and everyone on Earth didn't bat an eye.
Then I guess that would be the setting in it''s fiction? It's literally no big deal unless you want it to be.
>>
>>173578069
>No Western franchise does this.

You didn't consume enough western media if you believe that.
>>
>>173579406
Imagine how less bad Sonic 06 would be if all the characters were anthro.
>>
>>173579575
No, it would still the same kind of bad. The only issue you can bring up with the humans was Elise's relationship with Sonic, that's it.
>>
>>173579406
>If that were true you wouldn't be having an argument about it.
Not so much an argument as it is trying to reason with a crazy person.

>Dragon Ball is set on Earth with it's own unique elements, and you don't see people throwing a shit-fit over it.
Dragon Ball is fucking Japanese. How many times do I have to say this? Japanese elements in Sonic fucking suck. Also, Dragon Ball was a parody comedy before DBZ took everything so seriously.

>Then I guess that would be the setting in it''s fiction? It's literally no big deal unless you want it to be.
And THAT is a YOU problem. Thinking that it's no big deal is not normal.

>>173579428
I grew up with a shitload of cartoons and video games, and I can't think of anything in those categories. Maybe comics? Even then it's a stretch.

Unless you include European shit.
>>
>>173579575
It really wouldn't make a difference, actually.
>>
>>173579428
Not that anon, but he has a point. Western media tends to like consistency, it spares you the question of what separates some anthromorphic sentient creatures from others.
>>
NEW BREAD

>>173579718
>>
>>173579684
>Not so much an argument as it is trying to reason with a crazy person.
That's not a reasonable reply, man.

>Dragon Ball is fucking Japanese. How many times do I have to say this? Japanese elements in Sonic fucking suck. Also, Dragon Ball was a parody comedy before DBZ took everything so seriously.
This really just sounds like you plainly don't want humans in Sonic because you personally don't like them. And it's not a fucking Japanese thing, asshat.

>And THAT is a YOU problem. Thinking that it's no big deal is not normal.
Making it a big deal in the world of FICTION is not normal nor healthy, anon.
>>
>>173579745
Thanks anon. Now can you retards drop this shit already?
>>
>>173579684
>I grew up with a shitload of cartoons and video games, and I can't think of anything in those categories. Maybe comics? Even then it's a stretch.

There's a whole TVTropes page about it.

>>173579707
>Not that anon, but he has a point.

No he doesn't because we do it in the West.
>>
>>173579812
>This really just sounds like you plainly don't want humans in Sonic because you personally don't like them.
Well, yeah. That would be because it's fucking weird. It's fucking weird because I'm an American and that opinion counts for about 95% of the population.

>And it's not a fucking Japanese thing, asshat.
Why do you think every western Sonic show puts in other anthro characters like Sonic? Why do you think anime tends not to do this? Western audiences like consistency and lore on unique fantasy worlds. Japan is the opposite: they want the fantasy to come to THEIR world.
>>
>>173580035
Actually the trend of weird fantasy things coming to the real world started because it was cheaper for movies to film in real life locations i'm fairly sure. That's why so many 80s and 90s kids movies take place in the suburbs or new york or something.
>>
File: 1485568975093.jpg (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1485568975093.jpg
11KB, 184x184px
My thread now
>>
>>173574192
>Heroes
Pretty sure that's the human world seeing as Adventure 1 & 2 is canon to it and by extension Shadow but the existence of Metropolis is what really brings it into question. Everything is so god damn high futuristic one only wonder why these assholes aren't sharing their technology with the rest of the world but who's to say they aren't? There's locations in Riders as well as the whole extreme gear scene so those places could be in the human world as well. Really its all a mish mesh. Some places have evolved and accepted technology while other progress at a more steady place. The only real questionable game is Lost World with Planet Hex or whatever that shithole is called.
Thread posts: 762
Thread images: 229

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.