[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gwt/ - Gwent: The Witcher Card Game General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 751
Thread images: 89

File: dethmold gwent.png (2MB, 875x1250px) Image search: [Google]
dethmold gwent.png
2MB, 875x1250px
Art wasted on a useless card edition

>Patch Notes (Latest 0.8.72)
https://playgwent.com/en/news#5030
http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Positioning_Update_Changelog_EN_38urjqsh3l.pdf

>Weekend-long PS4 Beta
https://playgwent.com/en/news#5150

>Upcoming Gwent Challenger Tournament
https://www.playgwent.com/en/tournament

>Useful Links
http://www.playgwent.com
http://www.gwentdb.com/
http://www.gwentlemen.com/
http://www.gwent-tracker.com/

>Gwent Level & Rank Rewards Table
http://pastebin.com/f5cvmJzJ

>Gwent Closed Beta Rewards
http://i.imgur.com/DyAx99S.jpg

>Leaked Premiums & Campaign
https://streamable.com/album/nxzsn

>Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqNet72FPF8 [Embed]
>Gameplay Demo (E3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zabgNv6f2ZY [Embed]
>Gameplay Demo (Gamescom)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avlMgLy4H_w [Embed]
>Nilfgaard arrives! Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dEwsyGr-tQ [Embed]

>What card should I pick?
http://gwentify.com/card-picker/
>Looking for a beta key?
>google it yourself

Match History: >>>172863659
>>
Threadly reminder not to GG anyone who obviously spent money on cards. They dont need it.
>>
>>173336038
Exotic lands with no lore and characters becoming a faction is an even bigger stretch
>>
>>173336384
Meant for
>>173336131
>>
>>173336384
CDPR is a proper company with enough resources and balls to create more content for their witcher universe games, so I wouldn't put it past them.
But who knows what they're planning, I'm just glad they do stuff I can enjoy.
>>
File: to4dt4tx94qy.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
to4dt4tx94qy.png
2MB, 1366x768px
So with all the talk about Elder Scrolls Legends in the last few posts I checked it out.

Holy shit it looks bad. I obviously can't comment on the gameplay itself but simply looking at it answers the question why that game is so dead. The board is plain ugly, the card art is really bland and amateurish
The UI, including the card layout looks like it's straight out of 2005. When looking at that board, nothing actually reminds me of elder scrolls. It looks like a bad joke. No matter hiw good that game is, it won't take off simply because it looks like someone put the bad art of early Magic and put them on a board a 5th grader made in MS Paint. Gwent isn't perfect visually but compared to that travesty it's a masterpiece.

Pic very related.
>>
>>173337291
I like the board itself more than gwents desu
>>
>>173337291
say what you want,but at least gwent inovated as opposed to all these hs clones
>>
>>173337291
It's made by some small team that shits out card games no one cares about.
I don't understand what is wrong with Bethesda. They gave out TES MMO to some shitty devs, and they made a generic crap no one in his right mind would play. Now they gave out TES card game to some shitty devs.
I mean their in-house devs are not that great either, but at least they have experience and skills to make a nice looking and sounding game.
>>
>>173338563
they saw how well selling the brand worked out for warhammer and just did it too
>>
ded gayme
>>
>>173338563
Seriously man. Bethesda outsources to a company that doesn't have nearly enough money to pull off a good card game. Then wonders why it won't take off. Direwolf is a small team that's busy with other card games, non of them successful. No wonder they can't hire good artists. One of them was even caught stealing a frame from a movie and simply painting general tullius over it.

With CDPR you can actually see that they put effort into it.
>>
>>173337291
>The board is plain ugly

Looks better than Gwent desu
Anything would be better than the cartoony board we have now.
>>
>>173338025
>>173342410
If you really think that this grey, low resolution mess with these 2D looking candles is better than what we have now I don't know what to say to you, but you should probably get some glasses.

I, too, would prefer a tavern table as a board. But not an ugly one.
>>
>>173342410
It's sharp, clear, uncluttered and easy to understand.
Your opinions are shit.
>>
>>173342410
>cartoony
Do you know what that word means?

Hearthstone is intentionally cartoony. Compare the gwent board to the HS board and tell me again that the current board is cartoony.
>>
File: 1490278320195.jpg (87KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490278320195.jpg
87KB, 300x400px
Careful, sir. The keg has legendaries!
>>
File: dammit.jpg (716KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dammit.jpg
716KB, 1920x1080px
>>173343024
it's more cartoony than the board we had in previous patches
>>
>>173342410
>>173338025
any board looks better than gwent's

the gwent board looks like they Polacks went to Ikea and scanned the surface of the cheapest table they found there
>>
>>173343160
If only
>>
>>173344494
>>173344618
You two are honestly dumb. Back to HS with you.
>>
swim is, again, an absolute madman
>>
>>173345348
Fuck off, swim.
>>
>>173345436
stay bad, lifecoach
>>
>>173345348
*smiles like a retard for absolute no reason*
*smiles and moves eyebrows*

by the way the game wouldn't load after finding an opponent, is this a new feature?
>>
>>173346240
just buy more kegs :3
>>
>>173346240
His face is so big and round. Just like his character.
He's certainly different.
>>
I'm tired of playing against ST. I've seen this shit coming from miles away, though. The recent changes were really flawed. Come to think that there's a huge tournament ahead of us with such a shitty meta is disencouraging - it's way too early for this kind of shit.
>>
>>173348890
i am stuck playing NG and fuck i would like to play ST for some easy ass top rating, ST has such a low number of decisions you need to take, and if you win r1 you spam meme buffers, that fucking bronze is better than ciri in r2
>>
will there be an official stream of the qualifiers?
>>
>>173348890
It's better than the last meta. More diverse too. I don't think you know how ridiculous all the whining about every single patch looks to other people.

>WAAAAH WEATHER MONSTERS SUCK
>WAAAAH RADOVID CONTROL SUCKS
>WAAAAH DISCARD SKELLIGE SUCKS
>WAAAAH CONSUME MONSTERS SUCK
>WAAAAH ST AMBUSH SUCKS <- You are here
>>
>>173349260

Last meta was mostly justimmortal dwarves. ST remained top tier just in a newly broken way.
>>
>>173349418
>mostly
Most players used Consume and discard decks. Dwarves were also top tier, but not nearly as much.
>>
How does jhonny work fucbois
>>
pretty sure this swimstrim guy has taken some kind of substance before streaming
>>
>>173350050
Nah he's just a madman. Who in his right mind would build a deck around a fucking meme card like Dandelion? Swim would, that's who.
>>
>>173350201
he didnt create that deck
fucking orbiters
>>
>>173350201
>dandelion
>meme card

what the fuck? if i had a NR i would put that shit as the god damn first card

NR has so many cards that have active effects that win them the game if not locked or killed, there is not enough removal in a normal deck

r1: le dandelion, le margariita, le aborted red baron
r2/r3: here come's da shani ress boy
>>
>>173349810
You get of the card you don't want and get another card with the same border color that is or was in your current game. You can get even tokens like lumberkin if it was played at some point and you johnny away a silver card.
>>
>>173350412
Dandelion wasn't used until this meta. He wasn't very popular.
>>
>>173350412
>turn 1 baron into lumberkin+roach
>enemy swipes away both roach and lumberkin
It happens every single game when I draw my baron.
Not even mad though, got my tempo and got rid of enemy swipe in one turn.
>>
>>173349260
Unfortunately, complaining about the FOTM is par for the course in almost every online community. I've gone through this in so many other games that I just ignore posts like them now.
>>
couldn't the moon just weather it's melee row then ekkimara after he wasted it's btm?

does btm sees the power of a card after or before weather? (same question for ekkimara)
>>
What's the most ridiculous play you've pulled off so far?

I made a meme deck for casual built around insane tempo. Once I managed to play

>turn 1: Triss:Butt + Roach - 11 strength
>turn 2: Dandelion - 7 strength
>turn 3: Temerian footsoldiers - 20 strength
>turn 3: Phillipa Eilhart + Alzur's Double Cross + Witchers - 32 strength

70 strength in 4 turns. GGs all around.
>>
>>173351503
last thing i remember that was kinda funny was pulling about 40 strength with a single vicovaro
>>
>>173350664
Because the last metas were entirely about playing PFI and other tokens which he didn't buff. As soon as Trebs got made useable again along with Kaedwen siege expert he's used again because wow, turns out giving all your units +2 is really good.

Same reason Triss: Butterfly is used now and not before.

Wow cards changed and then got used, so innovative!
>>
Which golds should I craft for each faction?
>>
>>173353090
NR: Shani, Triss: Butterfly Spell, Bloody Baron, Phillipa Eilhart, Vernon Roche. Rest are bad.

ST: Aglais, Saskia, Milva, Isengrim, Iorveth, Schirru. Rest are bad

NG: Cahir, Vilgefortz, Xarthisius, Stefan Skellen, Letho. Rest are bad.

SK: Coral, Birna, Wild Boar of the Sea, Ermion. Rest are bad.

MN: Caretaker, Avallach, Kayran, Caranthir, Woodland Spirit, Imlerith. Rest are bad.

Neutrals: Yennefer, Yennefer: The Conjurer, Geralt: Igni, Geralt: Aard, Ciri, Villentretenmerth. Rest are bad.
>>
Merchant's last stream shows he's only rank 9. Should I even be watching/listening to this guy?
>>
>>173353865
Look at the "tier lists" he releases. He clearly has no clue.
>>
>>173353840
you get Ciri when you reach level 18, dont craft
>>
>>173354505
Yeah, I caught his latest upload as I was watching another streamer in top 100 and he was questioning Merchant's judgement.

Strange how he's able to have gotten such a following. Wonder what his main audience is.
>>
>>173353865
According to him
Tier S+: Dagon, Eithne, Brouver, Morvran
Tier A:Geels, Cripple
Tier B: Crash, Foltest, Henselt
Tier C: Bran
Tier D: Calveit
Tier E: monster horse, Radovid
Tier F-: Francesca, reveal 3 cards boy

you rather dont listen to him
>>
File: rank 11.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rank 11.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
literally fell back to rank 11
>>
>>173355821
good video and audio quality, articulate, good voice, appealing to new players
>>
Stop bullying merchant, he does his best as a novice streamer.
Let's be honest here. Between swim's beauty and KBT's childlike innocence, you just don't have any space in your heart left to accept merchant.
>>
>>173357774
kill yourself
>>
>>173357774
listen to the other anon and kill yourself man
>>
>>173357605
>good voice
I don't know. Regardless of the quality of his content, I can't stand the sound of the guy.
>>
>rank 15

feels good
>>
im quitting on monday XD
>>
dead btw
>>
>>173357571
You must be quite bad at this
>>
>less than 12 hours until challenger
aaaaaaah im scared bros
>>
>>173357571
What are you doing?
How could you let this happen?
>>
>>173365385
you'll be fine
>>
>>173356082
Can someone give a real tier list for Leaders then?
I have a general idea of my own, but who knows if it's right.
>>
>>173366909
A: Dagon, Brouver
B: Crach, Harald, Morvran, Eithne, Henselt, Foltest
C: Calveit, Francesca, Bran, Geels, Radovid
D: Eredin, Emhyr
>>
>>173366909
Emhyr and Francesca suck

Eredin is outclassed by Dagon in nearly every scenario until they figure out what to do with weather

Radovid isn't going to benefit much from locking 3 units when his opponent can see it a mile away

Some leaders like are forever stuck with one type of deck so its not so much the leader but the deck that decides how strong they are
>>
File: elves must die.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
elves must die.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Stennis pulling igni was the only way I won this.
>>
there must be some mistake, I'm no mage
>>
>>173366909
in a vacuum

Dagon, Brouver, Morvran, Eithné

Calveit, Bran, Henselt, Foltest

Eredin, Ge'els, Harald, Crach, Radovid

Francesca, Emhyr

first row are all flexible and can go into nearly any kind of deck

second row need a deck made for them

third row are harder to use and even more situational

the last row don't really give you anything useful
>>
ded
>>
How does Henselt do against ST? He looks pretty fun but I don't want to craft memes.
>>
PATCH SOON
>>
>>173353865
>Merchant's last stream shows he's only rank 9

Don't like the guy, but that was probably his ''f2p'' account.
Is not hard to get to rank 15
>>
Is there a patch soon? I have 1200 scrap and I want to craft my first cards but don't want to get shit on.

Also, NR suggestions? I was thinking Dijkstra, Shani, and Yen con.
>>
>>173385425
>Is there a patch soon?
Nothing concrete, but it might be announced during the challenger thing this weekend.

>Also, NR suggestions?
Shani, Nenneke, Priscilla.Yen:Con is a solid gold neutral.
>>
how good is triss in this game? she see a lot of play?
>>
>>173388156
triss: butterfly spell is ok

neutral triss sucks
>>
>>173388156
no she sucks ass
now fuck off to your cancerous general
>>
>>173351503
>Ves
>Redanian Elite
>Reinforcement
59 str in 3 turns
>>
>>173343160
got lucky with one legendary with one keg
>>
>>173389532
Additionally you could play a tower first for an extra 10 str and protection from your commandos getting scorched
>>
how long till the tourney starts?

like 12 hours?
>>
File: 1490436342053.png (83KB, 734x739px) Image search: [Google]
1490436342053.png
83KB, 734x739px
Squaess, my name is Jan-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old Nilfgaardian Ker'zaer (Emperor for you Nordlings). I draw black and suns on my banners, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Nilfgaardian games. (Horse riding, Spying on the North, War series)

I train with my Nilfgaardian longsword every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is forged in the city of Nilfgaard, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on the continent. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Elder Speech fluently, both Nilfgaardian and the Skellige dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Nilfgaardian history and their code of warfare, which I follow 100%

When I get my Nilfgaardian visa, I am moving to the city of Nilfgaard to attend a prestigious Imperial Palace to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a great leader for the entire Nilfgaardian empire or the whole continent!

I own several suits of black armour, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Nilfgaard, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Elder Speech as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Nilfgaard!
>>
>>173351495

Ekkimaras only get the current strength of the unit they chow down on so eating weathered units is only going to get a +1 strength bonus. Not worth it, eat things before using weather.

>>173379494

Unless you get the ideal starting hand and your deck in in a very good order, not well. Scorch bounce and ambush buff bullshit is too much for anything to overcome reliably.
>>
>>173389532
> Play Ves
> Gets killed
> Now you either play Nenneke or Shani
> Play Redanian elite
> Get destroyed
> Medic time
> Opponent plays something
> You play Reinforcement
> Opponent passes cause they don't give a fuck

Congratulations mate, you blow all your load in the first round
Now you rely in golds and 2 medics to win the game while the opponent probably has his whole strategy to develop and will crush you in the third round.
>>
>>173379494
Oh well, you aren't going to read this anyway, but Henselt is good against ST. Even after the nerf he is a great leader. In the current meta he works wonders against ST since you can relatively quickly make yourbentire board scorch-proof. He also directly counters spy decks ( You just promote the spies and thus make Jan Calveit/ Treason lose value ) and Harald axemen (can't lose strength if all your units are gold). Also works against foltest trebuchet spam, for the same reason. It's a great anti-meta tool, there's a great Henselt deck on gwentdb that just got me to rank 15 a few days ago.
>>
>>173385425
Shani, Nenneke, Priscilla and Stennis are the must-haves.

After that, Bloody baron, Triss: Butt and Phillipa are also good cards. Dandelion and Margarita for specific decks.
>>
>>173390947
nice roleplay
>>
>>173392427
Stennis? The others I get.
>>
>>173394605
Not him but I do wonder why I don't see Stennis more. He's the NR's only spy, right? So why not autoinclude him for the deck thinning?
>>
no official tournament stream...lol
>>
>>173396184
>omg i cant circlejerk my fav hottie ecelebs, so bad :(
>>
this game doesnt even have a spectator feature
HAHA
>>
>>173396225
i just want to see noxious get his shit kicked in
>>
>>173394605
>>173394837
Stennis is included in the both NR meta decks. Don't know why you don't see him anymore. Some Henselt players don't use him, but both the swim's foltest swarm and the Henselt top 5 decks use him.

Spies are always good.
>>
So I'm thinking of about making a fun deck for casual built around underused cards. Faction will be NR, since I have most of the NR collection. What are some cards I could play around with? Currently thinking about stuff like

Ves
Dudu
Trollolo

Any other ideas?
>>
>>173398718
Letho
>>
>>173398718
literally all NG cards are underused because they suck, go for that
>>
>>173394837
>>173398407

I think you don't see Stennis so often anymore because the silver spots in NV have become more competitive.
Nenneke and Priscilla are always there. if you are using Baron, you are most probably using Roach too.
KOB for Priscilla and reaver scouts.
Most of the time, Decot is there, if only because something like Nenneke into Pris into Decot into either Pris again or Nenneke is decent move.
And the last spot depends. Dandelion is popular again cause it has a great synergy with the whole swarm shit.
Also, with KOB, Priscilla, Roach and the scouts, you can thin your decently without Stennis.
Still, you can make room for him if you want to.
> but both the swim's foltest swarm and the Henselt top 5 decks use him
The decks of the top players are different from the ''common'' variants.
They run into the same players a lot of the time and they know what decks they face the most, so tend to tech their decks accordingly. A lot of them have 2-3 cards that don't really fit with their deck and are constantly changing to whatever fits their needs.
>>173398718
>Ves
Risky.
You need to play her and then you need to play 3 golds, and then you need to pray the opponent doesn't Scorch all those commandos.
Commandos are not that good since they can no longer buff the others in the graveyard.
A really shitty change.
> Dudu
I think the card was changed, right? He can copy any card. Still, I don't really like it...
Can be useful against wounding SK and Consume monster...
> Trollolo
He is legit. He is not played often for reasons stated above. Silvers are tight.
>>
>>173396184
>>173396324
im pretty sure the final event in may is going to have both spectator mode and a stream, toady is just qualifiers
>>
File: 542635423.png (2MB, 1370x826px) Image search: [Google]
542635423.png
2MB, 1370x826px
The deck is shit, but is ok if you just play for the lulz
>>
>p'll play some Ranked
>takes a minute or more to get matched each time
>4/5 people playing eithne scorch, last one is brouver scorch
>well fuck this i'll play casual
>still takes45 seconds or ore to get a match, people are still only playing brouver or eithne

Welp. See you guys after the next patch, I guess.
>>
File: 645321524.png (2MB, 1362x826px) Image search: [Google]
645321524.png
2MB, 1362x826px
Confirmed memedeck
I tend to go 1 or even 2 cards down to the third round, but it doesn't really matter.

Also, I thought they wanted to stop the crazy deck thinning. My opponent and I have been drawing pretty much our whole deck every game.
And before anyone says ''NG'', I do the same with NR and ST.
And even with SK I usually get my deck to ~3 cards.

>>173404014
There is no difference between ranked and casual. People use the same netdecks.
Only from time to time you find someone experimenting.
>>
File: 1488318234580.jpg (63KB, 294x451px) Image search: [Google]
1488318234580.jpg
63KB, 294x451px
>our boi adam bringing the lad to tourney
>>
how many hours left boys
>>
ded
>>
File: 1358664942012.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1358664942012.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>tfw you rather play the game than shitpost
>>
File: 1395768937041.jpg (116KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1395768937041.jpg
116KB, 960x720px
Won my first challenger game boys, I'm taking this one
>>
File: 1490392286194.jpg (18KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490392286194.jpg
18KB, 640x480px
>>173410360
godspeed
>>
why is it that as soon as i try to play my poor decks i go up against netdeck st in casual
could you fuckers stop playing casual already?
>>
>>173404580
Please give your deck list bro, i'm interested in building a Nildegaard deck.
Does it work well?
>>
>>173404580
I play Nilfgard too with Morvran and every game I can go to 3/4 cards in my Deck.

The same for good builded NR Deck.

NG is just easy mode for spies, but you have to be carefull about going out of Bronze cards to put on the field.

Other than that with a lot of thinning + Morvran + Skellen + Cahir I feel like I am always playing with my whole Deck.
>>
anyone else liking those sweet sweet ACB gains?

also in SL and EMH XD
>>
Who's hyped for Eternal Fire faction?
>>
Hope this challenger tournament will teach CDPR a few things. We need official streams, clear rules on whether to use gwent tracker or not, spectator mode, tournament mode, etc.

I know CDPR takes a learning approach witth this game. They already improved by 200% since the start of the beta. Hopefully we get better tournaments as well in the future.
>>
>Operator + Morenn combo
>>
>>173415351
>card advantage
>>
>>173416750
>One-way scorch
>>
>>173416831
>low tempo
>>
>>173416831
ONE WAY SCORCH
WITH ATTACHED GOLD BODY
THAT CANCELS ENEMY SPECIAL CARD
>>
did any good challenger decks show up yet?
all i saw were just the regular ST
>>
>>173420398
>competetive gwent
>>
>>173420864
When minigames become esports
>>
>>173420864
yeah, what's wrong with it faggot?
>>
File: 1491536284015.jpg (80KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1491536284015.jpg
80KB, 1000x1000px
>a dead general for a dead game making fun of other card games
>>
>>173421182
gwent in it's current state is an absolute farce competitively. not something to take seriously at all.
>>
>>173420398
i got a bunch of secret lists but im not telling until this is over
>>
>>173421572
It's really not an argument in a world where "competitive" HS exists.
You should try being more creative at your shitposting.
>>
>Rad Lad is STILL an undefeated deck in Challenger

lodge btfo
>>
File: 1483903834861.jpg (292KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1483903834861.jpg
292KB, 1162x850px
>>173422320
are you me?
>tfw undefeated with RAD LAD
>>
_______ wasn't built in a day.
>>
>>173422506
THE DUNGEON
>>
>>173422506
BLOODY NONHUMANS
>>
>>173396225
are you retarded?
>>
>>173422269
it's not even shitposting. both gwent and hs are shit competitively. CCG's in general are.
>>
>>173422506
Carnivetels
>>
>>173422506
My axe?
>>
>>173422506
My wild wet dreams
>>
File: high lel.jpg (23KB, 1333x105px) Image search: [Google]
high lel.jpg
23KB, 1333x105px
>>
>>173427204
>ESL
typical
>>
File: 1431482577615.png (1MB, 1278x714px) Image search: [Google]
1431482577615.png
1MB, 1278x714px
Why are Northern realms leaders so based?

>Radovid's Art is him torturing Phillipa
>Henselt's Art is him Burning Sabrina at the stake

Also Requestiong "Friendship ended with Radovid, now henselt is my best friend" because I forgot to save it :(
>>
File: cn3lfg8painy.jpg (184KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cn3lfg8painy.jpg
184KB, 800x600px
>>173428531

I miss Radovid :(
>>
>drunk
>playing my way from r14 to 15 with a NG

doing this shit the witcher's way, truly
>>
>>173432586
What archetype you playing?
>>
>>173433306
getting fucked in the ass if i do a single mistake archetype
>>
>>173433405
you don't even play gwent, do you?
>>
>>173433784
yes i would otherwise i would't be here
>>
File: 1485249737038.gif (3MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1485249737038.gif
3MB, 300x225px
>>173433927
>>
>>173429948
>>173428531
people using my shitty paintjob. Feels nice desu.
>>
tfw i predict every single card the enemy ST plays for 3 rounds in a row and still lose because can't do shit

ebin
>>
How big is your f2p collection? I have 225 out of 294 cards. After 2 months without spending money or milling any non-duplicate cards.
>>
>>173422506
/gwt/!!!
>>
>>173336038
Is the gwent community as cancerous as the /hsg/ community? I swear to god if I hear the word shieldbearer one more time I'll crack someones head open.
>>
>>173435012
I milled three factions to make my NR deck even better and I still suck and went down 500 mmr
>>
>>173436224
we are breddy friendly to newcomers friend
>>
>>173341667
hsfag detected
>>
>>173436224
we are good people, we like videogames, traps and shitposting, also a dev is here, totally not a guy larping
>>
>>173436296

Have you tried this one?
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/16220-top-3-5000-mmr-henselt

It got me to rank 15 recently, with a quite impressive win rate. Does decently against ST and SK axemen.
>>
>>173436668
>a dev is here
Seriously or are you just memeing? I don't come here often
>>
>tfw opponent critiques you right before you make the game winning play because he doesn't know how the game works and thinks his numbers are 2BIG
>>
>>173437410
>My Ge'els spamming opponent taunts me because he has 50 points more than me when I have only one card left
>My entire board is gold though
>I play Yennefer->Chironex and blow up everything
>Win with 3 points more than him

Didn't even get GG afterward kek
>>
>be rank 14
>win against rank 15
>lose against rank 14
>end up losing rating
nice fucking game fucking slavs
>>
>>173438746
>waaah I don't understand how MMR works waaah
>>
>>173438994
>wahhh tell me how mmr works then waaah
>>
>>173429948
Thanks senpai
>>
even peole around rank 14-15 are so bad, holy shit
>>
>>173440060
being high rank at a game has never stopped anyone from being shit
>>
Superjj confirmed dropped from tournament. I guess playing ST control isn't gonna get you very far
>>
>>173440951
what format are they using?
>>
>>173441267
netdecks only
>>
>>173437960
Are you me?
>Win round 1 against consume shitter
>He has 1 card left in his hand and a 67 Vran on the board and I had 2 cards in my hand
>He round 2 passes
>I phillipa, promote and and pull a 40 point swing after calculating Blue Stripes commandos
>Draw Shani From Philippa
>Swing even more
>He forfeits
>>
File: 1.jpg (93KB, 647x383px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
93KB, 647x383px
>>173441346
>>
>>173440951
i dont think that its because of that.
he also dropped out of the hs tournament very earlier against some randoms.

hes probably not in a good mood or something
>>
>>173441523
so deep
>>
>>173441523
its nice to see people still putting effort into shitposts
>>
did ourguy make it to tomorrow?
>>
>>173444879
Adam ? He went 4-0 but got eliminated into loser's bracket (if there is any)
>>
>>173434513

the shitty paintjob gives it charm anon :^)
>>
>>173445892
You only get eliminated after 3 losses, He's in round 7 with 5-1
>>
>>173441832
The tournament that just started at Lifecoach's place? Maybe some emergency has come up for him.
>>
>>173446201
that's good to know
>>
>>173440060
Ranks don't mean much.
And 15 is not even top MMR. they just didn't add higher ranks yet.
>>
File: 1471725820754.png (1MB, 1920x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1471725820754.png
1MB, 1920x1052px
>im 5-2 in challenger right now
hold me brehs
>>
>>173446718
yea that one
probably
>>
Did swim win yet?
>>
>>173447559
nobody cares about that faggot
>>
>>173447408
Never mind, just saw his tweet. It's related to ESL's fuck up >>173427204 posted earlier.
>>
>>173448208
ESL fucked up so much its not even funny
>>
>>173450074
I think JJ even stopped his run in Throne of Cards just to focus on Gwent Challenger. Shitty for him.
Bad look for the first tournament. I hope CDPR can afford to not run with ESL in the future.
>>
Just started the game and I'm F2P, what the best faction for budget decks?
>>
>>173451410
Monsters probably?
Really, whatever faction's rare cards you pull from the first few kegs. They're all viable in the lwoer levels.
>>
>>173451534
good to hear, I'm always worried going into these card games with smaller player-base (specially one in closed beta) that the few people playing already have the best cards/decks and I'll always lose
>>
>>173452427
The most important thing is to fill out your deck as fast as possible with golds and silvers. So craft epic silvers and golds first before you craft any legendaries.
>>
File: 1415384354845.png (153KB, 322x473px) Image search: [Google]
1415384354845.png
153KB, 322x473px
I made it through day one boys holy SHIT
>>
>>173452427
I'd say the room for misplay and bad piloting is much bigger in Gwent than others so good play can overcome the "best cards" at least in my experience.
>>
>>173453231
represent them /gwt/ bois
>>
>>173453231
Nice man.
>>
>>173453231
What are you running, senpai
>>
>>173454683
henselt
>>
dead
>>
ded
>>
again
>>
File: which one.png (1MB, 1207x795px) Image search: [Google]
which one.png
1MB, 1207x795px
Guyz which one?
>>
>>173468101
Coral.
Aeromancy not bad.
Grave hag a meme.
Letho?
>>
>>173468235
yea grave hag is probably shit as monsters cant really keep card advantage most of the time but im still not sure about those two as I mostly play SK and NG but still Ive seen Aero played in so many decks that it seems such a waste not picking it, also I already have Letho
>>
>>173468101
coral
>>
>>173468101
carl
>>
File: whochoose.jpg (175KB, 782x533px) Image search: [Google]
whochoose.jpg
175KB, 782x533px
which one, fresh F2P here
>>
>>173470481
Zoltan because neutral
>>
>>173470481
your mother sucks dwarf cock
>>
bred
>>
okay i think im going to bump for the last time tonight
>>
Which of consume, wounding, or Henselt has a better time on ladder?
>>
>>173478250
Consume
>>
>>173478250
just wait and hope that they release a new patch before the open beta
>>
File: 1489244842964.png (288KB, 474x793px) Image search: [Google]
1489244842964.png
288KB, 474x793px
old memes
>>
How do I effectively start a f2p collection? I don't want to mill everything for one good deck.
>>
>>173486024
Play game
Get ore
Acquire kegs
Repeat until you the WOAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOW troll either makes you pick up alcoholism or begin your genocide crusade

Have fun, anon.
>>
>>173486024
You take the faction that interests you the most and roll with it. Based on the cards you pull from kegs along the way you then choose two secondary factions that you build up as a second priority. Ignore the remaining two factions.

Example: I love the characters from NR so NR became my primary faction. I then pulled Cahir, Xarthisius, Iorveth and Milva so I chose Nilfgaard and Scoia'tael as my secondary factions. It works quite well for me, didn't even have to mill any Skellige or monsters cards.
>>
File: 1439421253522.png (232KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1439421253522.png
232KB, 512x384px
>>173486519
I had really wanted to make NG as my main (before positioning patch), but the game just loves giving me SK cards for some reason. I opened pretty much every staple, no crafting needed. I've had 6 kegs where every card was SK.
I don't even enjoy playing wounding that much, but I'm just working with what I've got.
>>
Of fucking course the first post I see when I check r/gwent for unreleased cards is a HS babby wanting gwent to have a mana system. Why can't these people leave a game alone for once?

The fact that idiots like this exist and the fact that rethaz probably has to read this drivel makes me irrationally angry. Hearthstone babbies to the sea.
>>
>>173487572
>Why can't these people leave a game alone for once?
Because all games must be like their game
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>173487572
gib link senpai
>>
>>173487572
The way he akins the colour of cards to mana costs is absurd as no one bronze, silver, or gold are equal. I really don't see how having no resource system limits design space. Neither do I get his claim that the game is too simple because of only being able to play one card per turn. That's probably the most crucial part of how the game plays.

>>173487841
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/64av1m/unpopular_opinion_this_game_needs_to_see_some/
>>
File: 9aab1bf17378457bb92944e378a0f88b.png (127KB, 1284x112px) Image search: [Google]
9aab1bf17378457bb92944e378a0f88b.png
127KB, 1284x112px
>>173488045
this might be the most sensible comment i've seen on ribbit
>>
>>173488247
We understand the criticism and will work to make the game more accessible and fun for everyone. Stay tuned.
>>
File: ranks.png (186KB, 352x923px) Image search: [Google]
ranks.png
186KB, 352x923px
>>173453231
who are you lad
>>
File: 1459243392293.jpg (293KB, 1556x811px) Image search: [Google]
1459243392293.jpg
293KB, 1556x811px
Anyone know if your card collection will carry over into open beta/release? I'm not dropping cash on it, but if cards you get from free play are all going to be wiped then I'll just be playing super casually. If you'll keep your shit then I may poopsock a bit. Played a few games this evening and enjoyed it a decent amount.
>>
>>173488665
You'll lose everything, but will get kegs depending on your level / rank, as well as the kegs you bought with cash
>>
>>173488738
Ah, bummer. Sounds like it's not worth poopsocking to grind account level but at least I'll get a few goodies for being a filthy casual. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>173488826
No problem lad, check the OP for closed beta rewards.

Also someone should delete that PS4 Beta from OP
>>
File: 1491224411253.png (308KB, 375x458px) Image search: [Google]
1491224411253.png
308KB, 375x458px
I'll delete (You)
>>
>>173489125
But they closed the beta 1 week ago..
>>
Have you fellers ever had a hard time getting a game going, or you get too many rematches against the same people?

Kinda curious how lively this is even in closed beta. Seems like one of the better computer card games I've played so ideally I hope it doesn't go tits up.
>>
Can we expect new cards soon? I need my fix.

>>173490174
I have some experience with Magic Duels, and I gotta say the search for an opponent doesn't take longer in gwent, even though it's closed beta. Typically between 10 and 40 seconds depending on the time of the day. At least if you're in europe. I don't get the same opponent often.
>>
Any words on how many leaders there will be for each faction? I want at least 7.
>>
>>173490961
Glad to hear it, kinda hope it lasts.

While I'm here being an annoying newbie, got a waifu as my most exciting card so far, but I do have a question about her. Does her ability trigger if my opponent passes after me? I kinda assumed it did but I quit for the evening when I opened her up so I haven't played her yet. Was planning on making a Nilfgaard deck tomorrow. The impression I got was she punishes your opponent letting a round go a long time and/or punishes your opponent if he isn't paying attention to where all his power is coming from.
>>
>>173491760
Ask away anon, it's fine. Better than this thread dying yet again.

As for your question: Fake Ciri goes to your side no matter who passes first. She is quite risky though. If your opponent locks her, she won't go to your side anymore, so you basically gifted him a few points. Same goes for monster players, they will probably eat her before they pass. Use Fake Ciri cautiously. Since you're a new player I guess your opponents won't have a fitting answer for her yet, but stronger players will definitely kill her before she gets useful.
>>
>>173490174

A lot of people seem to be taking a break due to the rampant ST bullshit. There have been other games released and I think they're spending their time elsewhere.

I base this on casual games taking 45+ seconds to queue up these days and the majority of people playing Brouver or Eithne when you get in. Before this patch it was still mostly ST but not in the ratios I'm currently seeing. Ranked takes even longer to get a game and is even more heavily ST than casual.

Right now there's not much incentive to play anything other than ST. Hopefully that will change in the near future since the tournament has so many people blacklisting that faction so they'll have to investigate and fix the cause.
>>
>>173492427
I haven't seen much change in search time desu.

Henselt walks all over ST shitters anyway. I sincerely hope that CDPR adds new cards soon and makes ambushes lockable, or Vrihedd Dragoon relentless, or Aglais only affecting bronze specials. Whatever is needed to tame ST a bit.
>>
>>173492589

Last I checked Reddit they were still saying Henselt needed nerfs and ST was underpowered.

ST is easy to fix though. Scorch becomes Fleeting, Ambush cards gain 1 or 2 Health while flipped so they can be destroyed without going off, Schirru goes back to bi-directional Scorch, and perhaps Scorch gets changed to target buffed unrevealed Ambush cards.

Maybe it's just my timezone but for me Casual is 7/10 some flavour of ST and Ranked is 9/10 ST. Has been for the past three days so I'm auto-forfeiting against them and only playing other factions.
>>
>>173491760
Fake Ciri worked really well for me at lower levels. A lot of times I'd run into someone who didn't understand how she worked, and would pass at a time that would make her win me the game/round.

But she's a really shitty card otherrwise. The only place I can see her being useful is against something like a geéls swarm deck that buffs up all their units, because then she catches all the buffs and comes back as a 15-20 strength unit.
>>
>>173492837
I am based in CET. When playing at evenings I get a third ST, a quarter Foltest Swarm, another quarter ST wounding, a few consume monsters and that's it. ST is overrepresented for sure, but not that bad right now. I'm rank 15 though, maybe you're a bit lower.
>>
>>173492837
Even if they nerf ambush cards into oblivion, shitters will still complain about ST. Ambush cards aren't the problem desu. The only issue I can think of is the operator-morenn cheese bullshit, which actually is too strong of a combo because of how consistent Brouver makes the combo.

Sappers are fucking trash outside of that combo, they can fuck you over so much when you rally. Ciaran is garbo, Trappers/Fireballs are memes.

The only good ambush card is Toruviel, and she's a 14 at most.

People will complain about ST because they can easily get CA, buff up any non-ambush unit, and play it R3 after the opponent has passed, and due to shit like Isengrim and Supports generating mad tempo, as well as mercs rallying dragoons, the low strength of dragoons isn't a significant drawback in round 1.
>>
>>173492146
Thanks for the tips. Definitely don't know the card pool well enough to think of a lot of that, despite seeing some of it already like the tutorial showing me monster decks eating units for strength, etc. Haven't run into much locking yet so I haven't really grokked that mechanic well.

>>173492427
Scoiatel is annoying, eh? Haven't played/been matched against them yet, but since I'm still in the basement for matchmaking I guess that isn't surprising.

>>173492864
Ah, also true. Ciri will carry me on her beefy manly shoulders while I'm a shitter.
>>
>>173493235
People are probably complaining because it is frustrating to play against. I personally find ST not that hard to deal with, but their habit of replaying scorches and removal forces me to play some unfun shit like Henselt so they can't remove my stuff. The ST meta causes fun decks like Crach self wounding, Ge'els breeding and all Nilfgaard archetypes to die out on highest ranks. That's probably why most people are mad.
>>
>>173488626
I'll tell you if i make it to poldano
>>
>>173493637

This. You basically have to build an anti-ST deck whether you want to run in Casual or Ranked because it's the most common enemy faction by a large margin. That cuts into variety and if you simply don't have the cards to build certain archetypes (like me) means an auto-loss against anyone running Scorch Eternal or Ambush Bullshit.

I was barely scraping through in double-digits ranked by bamboozling my opponents but that option is completely gone now between CA, removal, and scorch scorch scorch.

And Casual isn't even safe from it because people who can't get a Ranked game are taking their ST decks over while everyone in the 13-15 bracket is shit scared of losing MMR so they do their dailies in Casual with their ST decks.

God have mercy on the noobs who are getting his with that shit.
>>
Why does reddit want an Ofier faction so bad? There is no lore, no characters and no unique flair besides "generic oriental theme park". All of the unique witcher flair with the slavic/german folklore would be completely lost on ofier. I don't even wanna know how many 10 hour gwent campaigns CDPR has to make to create enough ofieri characters for an interesting faction.

Flaming Rose sounds so much more promising....
>>
>>173494521
>Why does reddit want an Ofier faction so bad?
Because they've only played the third game and have no idea about what The Witcher is actually all about
>>
>>173468101
coral
>>
>>173494521
I too would want to know what's up with that. Not only on reddit though. Whenever someone asks what factions there should be in the game, the answers are downright moronic.

>Ofier/Zerrikania
Not enough lore, not interesting enough
>Kovir
Part of Northern Realms, learn some lore.
>Cintra
Part of NR, learn some lore

It ALWAYS boils down to these answers.
>>
>>173494362
I know it sucks, but you have to be patient for the next patch. Last meta I ran Radovid and kept losing because everyone ran Discard decks that countered my strategy. Now NR is so strong that I finally made it to rank 15. You never know what the future holds.
>>
>>173492837
>ST is easy to fix though. Scorch becomes Fleeting, Ambush cards gain 1 or 2 Health while flipped so they can be destroyed without going off, Schirru goes back to bi-directional Scorch, and perhaps Scorch gets changed to target buffed unrevealed Ambush cards.

Is this a joke or...?>>173493235
>Ambush cards aren't the problem desu.
Agree.
Ambush are not the problem, the problem is the lack of interaction with them.
Buffing a card is ok, buffing an unrevealed card is bollocks, specially when you pair it with the ability to cast Scorch 3 times without problem.

Dragoons + Ambush is annoying. Not OP, just annoying.
>>173494521
>Why does reddit want an Ofier faction so bad?
> B L A C K E D
>>173494809
>Cintra
>Part of NR, learn some lore

Cintra is part of Nilfgaard thou
>>
>>173495426
Cintra is a Northern realm that is occupied by the Nilfgaardians. CDPR seems to think the same way, since the Cintrian crown princess Pavetta is a NR card. That's just nitpicking though, Cintra wouldn't be a viable faction either way.
>>
When are these new cards being released lads?
>>
>>173495426

If you give Ambush cards health while unrevealed it creates an option. ST players might try to bait Thunders, people who aren't playing SK wounding might run Tremors, etc. Is it a Fireball Trap under there or a buffed Toruviel? Either way at least you can do something about it.

>Scorch 3 times without problem

Babby's first ST deck.

Scorch
Nature's Gift -> Scorch
Aglais -> Scorch
Eithne -> Aglais -> Scorch
Renewal -> Aglais -> Scorch
Villentrentenmerth -> 2X Scorch
Schirru-> Scorch

I usually see four Scorches a game, sometimes as many as 7.
>>
>>173495426
Dragoon is a few points too powerful.
Assuming the baseline for bronzes are 8 strength, Dragoons are almost always a 9. It's even better because the 4 buff strength is not counterable. So there are two options

1) Keep the Dragoon the way it is, just make him relentless. That way you can't buff more than 12 strength in your hand.

2) Buff Dragoon to 6 Strength but reduce his buff to 2. That way you can still use wardancer and decoy and Eithne on him, but the theorethical maximum of buff strength would be 18, not 36.
>>
>>173495540
Best guess is in a week or so. Rethaz always says that new cards comenevery two months so it has to be in April, at least.
>>
>>173495515
>Cintra is a Northern realm that is occupied by the Nilfgaardians

So a Nilfgaardian province.

> Pavetta is a NR card
While Pavettas was alive, Cintra was an independent kingdom.
Anyone that lives there now, is a nilfgaard citizen.
I'm just joking, since is a stupid thing and if they were to add cards, they would add then to NR, but that doesn't change the fact that Cintra in NG now.
>>173495693
>If you give Ambush cards health while unrevealed it creates an option.
Yeah, but you make them really, really bad...
I don't think that giving them health is the way to go. They better ad some tech card to deal with them.
>Babby's first ST deck.
I was just generalizing.
>>173495714
Both options seem ok. Although I don't like making more cards relentless.
> Assuming the baseline for bronzes are 8 strength
According to reddit, the baseline is 10 for bronzes, 12 for silver and 14 for golds.

Yeah, I know...
>>
>tfw you're on a family weekend without a laptop yet all you're thinking about is which cards you want to see in the next patch
>>
>>173495941

>Yeah, but you make them really, really bad...

Not really. Like I say, it creates uncertainty. Do you Thunder it and risk wasting that card on a Fireball trap? Do you wait for them to dump a bunch of Ambush cards so you can Tremor them only for the Ambush cards to be the type that flip after two turns? That sort of thing.

I think if they were all made to flip after two turns it would be something. Ambush as a concept isn't bad, it's just the concept. And if they ad a tech card they need to either put in Ambush for all factions or accept that it makes Ambush top-tier since there's more Ambush cards than you could take a Bronze that triggers them any way, so ST would remain vastly dominant.
>>
What are the best voice lines in this game?
>>
>>173496607
But we're broke as shit peddlers!
>>
>>173496607
Phillpa Eilhart, it's not even close.
>YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO LIVE
>YOU'LL SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR FOOLISHNESS
So damn satisfying. It helps that Phil has by far the best voice actress in the games.
>>
>>173496598
>Not really. Like I say, it creates uncertainty. Do you Thunder it and risk wasting that card on a Fireball trap? Do you wait for them to dump a bunch of Ambush cards so you can Tremor them only for the Ambush cards to be the type that flip after two turns? That sort of thing.

Ooooh you mean, after X damage, the cards get revealed?
I thought you were saying that the cards would be destroyed....

That's not as bad, but I guess that then Schirru would be in 100% of the decks.
> I think if they were all made to flip after two turns it would be something. Ambush as a concept isn't bad, it's just the concept. And if they ad a tech card they need to either put in Ambush for all factions or accept that it makes Ambush top-tier since there's more Ambush cards than you could take a Bronze that triggers them any way, so ST would remain vastly dominant.
I was thinking bout a card that would really hurt the ambush tactic, making it high risk-high reward.
Kind of like Morenn, that can destroy a golden card and gain strength from it.
>>
Relentless cards shouldn't exist

Just nerf dragoons, make them add 3 strength.
Shirru isn't even that good. Toruveil is also not OP. Morenn + operator combo is okay. ST is not OP at all, I don't get why people are so obsessed over it.
>MUH SCORCH
well, don't play shitty decks that rely on buffed up units.
>>
>>173496878
Nice trolling anon.
>>
>>173496737
that high-pitched sound she makes tho, makes my ears bleed
>>
5 Bouver hoogs in a row

H-hold me anons...
>>
ST needs only three nerfs. None of this
>waaah waaaah scorch should be fleeting
Nonsense that I often see around here.

1) CDPR changed all cards that affect gold cards except Shackles. Therefore, Eithne shouldn't be able to bounce gold cards either. Replaying Aglais is ridiculous.

2) Ambushes should be lockable. Period.

3) Dragoons should have their 4 strength buff reduced to 2.

That's all that is needed.
>>
>>173496878
This is correct
Dragoons and Saskia/Isengrim are the main offenders in ST, not ambushes or scorch
>>
its been barely a month an i am desperately bored of the game
just 4 factions playing the same mandatory best-of-faction cards
new cards please
>>
>>173496878

>well, don't play shitty decks that rely on buffed up units.

Doesn't matter if you've got buffed up units or not, they play some Ambush cards and the only things that even can get Scorched are on your side since unrevealed ones can't be targeted.

>>173496815

Oh, no. I mean they get destroyed if the health on top is exhausted. Thus the risk and regard. Sure, you can buff your units, but what if someone is running Brokvars or Ballistas or the like.

>>173497271

"But ST is underpowered and it's your own fault for playing shitty decks that rely on buffed up units!"
>>
File: 50023icon.png (1MB, 775x1048px) Image search: [Google]
50023icon.png
1MB, 775x1048px
>Good grief

Is this a JoJo reference?
>>
>>173496878
Haha bullshit.

>play deck with big units
>get scorched 4 times

>play deck with many small units
>get lacerated 4 times

>play deck with medium units
>get thundered/manticore venom'd 4 times

You can't win this scenario unless you are Henselt.
>>
File: knee.jpg (480KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
knee.jpg
480KB, 1920x1080px
>>173497540
what reference is this?
>>
File: 1476105343588.gif (561KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476105343588.gif
561KB, 320x200px
>>173497540
It's a Witcher 3 reference - what a twist
>>
>>173497559

You'll be lucky to win that even with Henselt.

>Il'l drop my Foot Soldiers to start thinning
>SCORCH
>Well I'll start dropping Towers for Promotes
>SCORCH
>Well I'll revive something with a Medic
>SCORCH

It's worse than weather ever was.
>>
File: 1485069425807.jpg (30KB, 539x552px) Image search: [Google]
1485069425807.jpg
30KB, 539x552px
>>173497703
>says he aims for the knees always
>is actually aiming upwards
>>
File: 754425624524.png (2MB, 1367x826px) Image search: [Google]
754425624524.png
2MB, 1367x826px
>>173497450
>Oh, no. I mean they get destroyed if the health on top is exhausted.

Yeah, no, that's too dumb.
Destroying Ambush cards with generic cards?
Nah. I'm all for risk and reward, but that's too much of a risk.

Is better to give something like Morenn to every faction. Something like, not a Morenn for every faction.
>>173497450
>"But ST is underpowered and it's your own fault for playing shitty decks that rely on buffed up units!"

Not really complaining, I won 3 of the matches. one with NG, one with NR and this one with SK.
Kek, I got 2 CA by the end and they guy forfeited shortly after.
>>173497325
>Therefore, Eithne shouldn't be able to bounce gold cards either
You would be making Eithne shit tier then.
Seriously.
She would be like Decoy but without +2, making her worse than silver.
Hoog with Decoy in the deck would be better than her and the only viable leader.
>Ambushes should be lockable. Period.
I like that
> Dragoons should have their 4 strength buff reduced to 2.
6 body with 2 buff would be ok. Boring but ok.
>>173497335
>Isengrim
Nah. Not Isengrim. If you draw that card in 2-3 round is really, really bad.
>>
>>173497969
You would be making Eithne shit tier then.
Seriously.
She would be like Decoy but without +2, making her worse than silver.

Yeah you are right. Dumb comment on my part. But what do you do against aglais abuse? Make her relentless again?
>>
cleaning up my drive, and since there are reuploaders from my old shitty streamables (dude, that is fugly as much as /mlp/)

here are the 1080p of my old previous shitty leaks

mega.nz/
#F!iohTjRBT!orHocjiYYF-BevFMiFkg3w

mega.nz/
#F!rpIVFYyZ!4Y8GuyptrSjRiNQnd-7Gcg

mega.nz/
#F!6pgFSZRI!TQWVuX3TJHLrAlu7K6DIWg
>>
>>173497969

>Destroying Ambush cards with generic cards?

There are more Ambush cards than any one faction has damage cards to take them out. Unless there's the risk of an ambush not going off at all it remains too powerful a mechanic, especially with ST's guaranteed CA.

With Eithne, their stated intent is that Leader cards should be somewhere between strong Silver and weak Gold. Some need to be toned down to fit into this, like Harald or Ge'els who are better than RNR. Nothing else can bounce a Gold, though admittedly Aglais is going to be a shit ton less of an issue if she can't re-cast Scorch.
>>
>>173498343
>But what do you do against aglais abuse?

Dunno, I don't have a problem with reusing Aglais. Scorch after Scorch can be annoying, but I don't think is an abuse.
Maybe Aglais can banish the card she replays?
>>
>>173498378
Nobody cares
>>
>>173498634
said the people reuploaded my shit to youtube
>>
>>173498516

There's two issues with Aglais. One is Eithne bounce, which no other faction can do. The other is that her ability is something no other faction can even approach doing, which is fine in a vacuum but the way it interacts with Eithne and Scorch makes it beyond abusive.

Nobody would really give a shit if it was Aglais->Clear Weather, Eithne > Aglais -> Clear Weather, though I suspect the next non-human scum trick would be using Lacerate or Thunderbolt.

Maybe she just needs to be limited to replaying a Weather or spawning a Weather effect, IDK.
>>
Won my first series boys, the dream is alive
>>
>>173500789
easy wins to you my man
>>
>>173500789
you got this senpai
>>
File: happy dio.png (553KB, 1130x708px) Image search: [Google]
happy dio.png
553KB, 1130x708px
>>173501223
thx mate
>>
File: Anime46.jpg (18KB, 300x265px) Image search: [Google]
Anime46.jpg
18KB, 300x265px
>>173500789
I believe in you brother
>>
I don't understand the difference between Thunderbolt Potion and Commander's Horn. Is there a card that synergies with potions that I'm missing?
>>
>>173501991
One is 12, the other 20.
Used to be 25.
That's it, really.
>>
>>173501991
>>173502123
youre forgetting the most important one
potion is a bronze card
commanders horn is a silver card
>>
>>173502291
ah, right

well I'm a F2P with a small collection so that doesn't seem to matter as much for now
>>
File: 1396629027156.jpg (109KB, 645x854px) Image search: [Google]
1396629027156.jpg
109KB, 645x854px
I let you down /gwt/, sorry
>>
>>173503465
you tried your best anon. good job im proud of you.
>>
OOY OUA
>>
File: 960.jpg (31KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
31KB, 960x540px
>>173503465
Don't be sad, anon. Use this event to kickstart your rise to power and descent into evil.
>>
File: 15621620.gif (2MB, 245x178px) Image search: [Google]
15621620.gif
2MB, 245x178px
>>173502291
I rarely see CH now.
They way things are, you are rarely going to have 5 units (bronze and/or silver) lined up.
Better silver alternatives out there.

Unless you are new, of course. If you don't have all cards, just pack what you have.

This reminds me, they really need to improve the started decks.
Francesca and Emhyr as started leaders are baaaaad.
>>173503465
No anon, you did your best.
Your waifu will visit you in your dreams tonight.
>>
dead
>>
>>173506613
As are you
>>
>>173503465
reveal your identity
>>
>>173507746
aGrena
>>
>swim didn't even make it past the first round

what a moonface fuccboi
>>
>>173507746
I am you and you are me.
>>
File: 1491434526035.jpg (174KB, 1680x935px) Image search: [Google]
1491434526035.jpg
174KB, 1680x935px
>No Toussaint faction
>>
>>173508613
Toussaint will just be in Nilfgaard.
>>
>>173507746
nah theres enough people here who know who i am
>>
>/ourguy/ adam disqualified for no reason

I wonder (((who))) is responsible for this
>>
>>173508943
Well nobody would know who you are before you put on the mask
>>
>>173508870
>lore matters in a card game
lmao fuck off
>>
>>173509901
>implying there will be enough cards to make it another faction
lmao fuck off
>>
>>173509901
its been confirmed that its going to be part of nilfgaar in gwent you inbred
>>
>>173510438
Not that faggot but they could have done it considering skellige is a deck.
>>
>>173509901
>pssh all these nerds with their "story" and "books." Only ranks and leaderboards matter
>>
I honestly can't wait for the mana system
>>
>>173510657
There is more info about SKellige than about Touissant
>>
>>173510657

Skellige's pretty developed in the books and Wild Hunt, plus it is an independant faction.

Not much about Toussaint and it's a duchy of Nilfgaard.
>>
>>173512069
>>173511951
Not by much, most of the characters are minor especially compared to the other factions.
>>
>>173512495
Still, way more info than about Touissant
>>
>>173512495
Exactly, Skellige is developed well and STILL they had to fill it's card slots with generic clan members (Brokvar Archer, Tuirseach Axeman) and literal whos (Draig Bon Dhu).
>>
>>173512603
But I need a Touissant faction. BaW was the best content in 3 and they deserve their own faction.
>>
File: 1477890121356.jpg (1MB, 1097x1476px) Image search: [Google]
1477890121356.jpg
1MB, 1097x1476px
>>173512882
>BaW was the best content in 3

We, what a shit taste
>>
>>173513285
Heart of stone sucked more than the main game
>>
File: 1465797797204.jpg (377KB, 612x649px) Image search: [Google]
1465797797204.jpg
377KB, 612x649px
>>173514313
welp your going to get (you's)
>>173513285
Nigga Blood and Wine was pretty decent other than when Detlaff went full retard.
>>
File: 62452421.jpg (328KB, 1280x796px) Image search: [Google]
62452421.jpg
328KB, 1280x796px
>>173514521
>Nigga Blood and Wine was pretty decent
Content wise, yeah. Story wise... is as dumb as some of the dumbest moments of the main game.

HoS on the other hand was top notch, on the level of the Baron/Velen's quests.
>>173514313
(You)
>>
>>173497540
is he taking a dump?
>>
>>173498378
thanks
>>
>>173516690
Yes
He loves it
>>
Just started playing Milfgaard and I keep running into weirdos with 30+ card decks
what the fuck
>>
>>173509707
What happened?
>>
File: wew.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Help my dwarf looks taller.
>>
>>173512749

>Draig Bon Dhu
>literal who

Anon, I'm going to slap your shit.

Skellige is *way* more developed than Toussaint in either the books or the games.

>>173512882

Best part doesn't mean they get their own faction. Toussaint is part of Nilfgaard, end of story. Best-case scenario, Anarietta gets a Leader card or gold for Nilfgaard.
>>
what about another monster faction?
>>
>>173524143

I kind of wish they had separated the Wild Hunt/Aen Ell and monsters into different factions then given top-tier monsters like Detlaff or the Lord of the Woods Leader cards, but it is what it is. Doing that would run into the Toussaint problem as well, where the faction is insufficiently developed to work properly.

Monsters basically got the Squirrel treatment. Yarpen Zigrin should be an NR character, probably with a "destroy all Ambushes" special, but whatevs.
>>
Weather is so fucking stupid.
You either have 1 card that counters it completely or lose to it.
>>
>>173528558
they want to change the way it works to be less one sided

it is strange they didn't realize it earlier though
>>
>>173528558
they were a bad idea in the original gwent and it still is in this one
>>
>casual match
>full of tryhards
nice game
>>
>>173524776
They might get separated in the future.
Hell, it wouldn't surprise me.

The possible factions I see are
> Aen Ell
Boring faction, with a ton or alternate cards for silvers and golds and ''Wild Hunt'' slapped into most bronze card. Wild Hunt rider, wild hun warrior, wild hunt ambusher, wild hunt drummer...
> Distant shores
Ofieri and Zerrikania. We know nothing about them, so they can do pretty much whatever they want with it.

> Novigrad
Is weird, but I could see it as either a faction or a major expansion. You know, alternate cards for the leaders of the family, thugs, lots of units for the eternal fire faction, even some specific monsters...
>>
>>173530265
it's closed beta, what do you want
>>
>>173530857
fun
>>
>>173528558
give weather a turn timer so it cant be played as the last say to a game/round
>>
>>173528558
Even if you have a first light, the reach weather gives you is fucking ridiculous. Your opponent basically can't win round 1 unless they're promoting units or have a lot of weather immune units, because you can just weather a row without them being able to answer it.
>>
Anyone else getting service disconnections or anything? Just had two games back to back where it bombed out on the very first turn of round 1 as soon as a card or two got played. As far as I can tell my internet is working fine so I'm not sure if it's Gwent specifically or if it's just choking talking to potatoland.
>>
TOURNAMENT STREAM WHEN
>>
>>173535394
God fuck, third game in a row now. This one actually went into round 2 and I was bullying the hell out of my opponent and then DISCONNECTED, DEFEAT. Guess it's a sign to stop playing.
>>
>>173535394
happens to everyone
yesterday i kept getting disconncted as soon as the game started, three times in a row until i restarted the game
so far the game completely lacks any reconnection feature, to the point where if the servers lag for a bit,you are out
>>
>>173536425
That's a real bummer. Went without a hitch last night so I guess I'll just try again later and see if shit has calmed down or not. Maybe I should do the unthinkable and try playing some Hearthstone arena since constructed's gone to shit in that.
>>
>>173536059
haha
>>
>>173536059
you speak as if cdpr knows what its doing
>>
>still not nerfed that cancerous yen card
>>
>>173537380
>>173537186
how the fuck are those GMT people supposed to stay up this long against the PST people.
>>
>>173537915
Pretend to be slavs or nips and postpone sleep for the sake of playing an electronic card game
>>
File: whochoose2.jpg (168KB, 848x546px) Image search: [Google]
whochoose2.jpg
168KB, 848x546px
>>
>>173538931
L
>>
E
>>
L

EPIC XD
>>
>>173538931
Letho
>>
As someone who has never read the books or played the games, what's the Northern Realms and Nilfgaard dynamic like? Is it pretty black and white or a more grey area?
>>
>>173538931
Ciri Dash and Madman Lugos can both kind of work in Skellige Discard.
I think i'd pick Ciri Dash.
>>
Nilfgaard wants to do globalism but nobody outside of their capital wants it, not even their conquered provinces because they still identify more with their own country than the empire
Geralt also has several monologues in the books where he calls Nilfgaard shit, bad and so on
CDPR fucked up in the third game when it came to portrayal of Nilfgaard
>>
>>173540607
>CDPR fucked up in the third game when it came to portrayal of Nilfgaard
How so? All the card art and flavour text has convinced me to start on the books. It's preferred to read the two short story collections before the actual series, right?
>>
>>173541227
Yes, read The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny before going into the saga
>>
>>173541227
>How so?

Not that anon, but Nilfgaard in the books are really big assholes that have no problem making an alliance with Scoiatel. The Scoiatel are pretty much nazis with pointed ears that go around slaughtering the civilian population.

Nilfgaard in the third game are kind of ok guys.
>>
>>173540607
It's rare for people to want to betray their homeland and join some foreign rulers. Though it does happen sometimes, see modern ukraine.
And I can't really remember a single NPC praising NG. Maybe some of the NG soldiers? Well they're fighting for NG. And common folk just wanted to survive and the war to fuck off, which is about as real as it is.
>>
>>173540187
pretty damn grey
>>
>>173541661
>The Scoiatel are pretty much nazis with pointed ears that go around slaughtering the civilian population.
Well that's different. I assumed them to be the common trope of xenophobic elves and dwarves that just want to be left alone.
>>
>>173538931
Lugos for sure
>>
>>173542674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaHhAdACE20
>>
>>173337291
>graphics are more important than gameplay
nice meme
>>
>>173540187
One more silly question. What's the tipping point for separating a kingdom into their own faction in Gwent? The wiki says the Skellige islands are a kingdom under the Northern Realms for instance.
>>
>>173542674
>I assumed them to be the common trope of xenophobic elves and dwarves that just want to be left alone.

The elves jump on board with Emhyr because he promises to give them Dol Blathanna and let them have their own kingdom there.
>>
>>173542674
The Scoia'tael are pretty violent with their methods, but they don't really do anything worse than what humans did to them. They're freedom fighters and terrorists.
>>
>>173544686
>but they don't really do anything worse than what humans did to them

They do. They reeeeally do.
>>173540187
Grey
NR are idiots, Nilfgaard are assholes.
Is hard to say, since the author is a polish giving his opinion on a big empire trying to absorb independent countries and impose their culture.
>>173544487
>What's the tipping point for separating a kingdom into their own faction in Gwent? The wiki says the Skellige islands are a kingdom under the Northern Realms

Nothing, really. I think they merged the NT kingdoms together cause making a eck for every kingdom is not viable.

Skellige is not a northern realm. They are completely independent, with a different culture and religion and actually kind of ''far away'' from the NR. Cintra was probably the closest kingdom.
>>173544668
And then they sold them during the peace negotiations.
>>
ded
>>
When is the next cart addition update coming? Hasn't it been two months since the last one?
I can't even bring myself to play anymore.
>>
>>173552109
People have been saying that since the positioning update drastically changed the game this might have been the "new card" update
In reality we don't know
>>
File: mad geralt witcher.jpg (466KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mad geralt witcher.jpg
466KB, 1920x1080px
>opponent operates toruviel into hand
>have enough cards to be able to play around morren
>he just passes to make mine worthless
>>
>>173540187
Nilfgaard is the big hegemonic empire to the south, looking to annex the last of the continent, the Northern Realms.

NR are a collection of smaller kingdoms, primarily Temeria(Foltest) Kaedwen(Henselt) and Redania(Radovid). They've banded together to fight off Nilfgaar before, though at the moment they're in a bit of a shambles.

Skellige is a bunch of viking clans on an archipelago off shore, they don't like anybody but they dislike Nilfgaard more than the rest.

Everybody is assholes. There is no good guy ruler here, just which flavor of crazy despot you'd like best.
>>
Hey guys Im new to this but so far Ive won 6 out 7 competitive games, how the fuck do I smash those fucking catapult decks? I keep getting pelted by them every single turn.
>>
>>173554960
Catapults are the best NR bronze unit at the moment.
If enemy stacked them, burn them with Geralt Igni, alternatively weather them down. But you'll obviously need to outvalue them and probably pass at some moment. They're a card that only gets more value the longer you drag round.
>>
File: 553icon[1].png (141KB, 217x293px) Image search: [Google]
553icon[1].png
141KB, 217x293px
No one ever reads cards. The highlight after I cripple the opponents board always cracks me up.
>>
>>173559005
Super risky card, prevents you from building the board but I guess you can play it right away or at the end of the game.
>>
>>173559767
>what are gold cards
>what are tokens
>>
File: staygolden.jpg (74KB, 580x284px) Image search: [Google]
staygolden.jpg
74KB, 580x284px
>he plays non-gold cards
>>
My highly scientific opinion of having played at least one game with every deck and first starting to play last night is that northern realms is the best out of your shitter newbie collection of cards. Nilfgaard can work with a struggle but northern realms seems tolerable out of the gate.

Monsters seems really fucking bad because you're so desperate for dudes you run foglets and you don't have enough card manipulation to reliably get fogs to dump them out of your deck.

Squirrels seem like they have a lot of really good synergy that isn't particularly realized in the starter cards, so like monsters you flail a bit but you're still more reliable.

Skellige also stumbles a bit but seems like the next step up. Then Nilfgaard, then top cuckold.

Best thing I can say about the game though is it makes me want the full collection to toy around with deckmaking. Can't do much with the starter cards and I'm enjoying the game enough now I'm almost tempted to drop some shekels. Only thing holding me back is what if it dies just like every non-Hearthstone computer card game.
>>
>>173560791
It won't die.
Because the dev team is not some indie shitters without resources and experience. It's fucking CDPR. You know what announcers at the last CDPR conference were wearing under their suits? Gwent tshirts. You know what's the focus of CDPR is going to be for the next year, until Cyberpunk starts revving up? Gwent.
Apparently it's already bringing them enough money to be worthwhile, and we're still in closed beta, and still have no paid single player content they have planned. On top of that, they don't need activision-blizzard's amount of jewery and corner cutting to stay afloat, with them operating from Poland and not being an unholy devil worshiping corporation.
>>
File: badcardsquestionmark.jpg (182KB, 880x964px) Image search: [Google]
badcardsquestionmark.jpg
182KB, 880x964px
F2P lvl 6 pleb here

what is the point of these cards? they seem really trash for Silver/Epic quality

should I dust them?
>>
File: 50155icon.png (1MB, 775x1048px) Image search: [Google]
50155icon.png
1MB, 775x1048px
Currently I have 400 scraps saved up, is to better save to 800 and buy Letho of Gulet or buy 2 of the following: Vanhemar, Auckes, Serrit
>>
>>173563285
they are

>>should I dust them?
sure, you could wait to see if they get changed but outside of the NR rework its unlikely
>>
>>173564050
Jutta won't be changed, each faction will always keep a vanilla 10 for new players, although Rethaz has seemed open to Fringilla possibly getting an ability and a less popular character becoming nilf's new blank 10
>>
File: swim misplay.png (105KB, 292x218px) Image search: [Google]
swim misplay.png
105KB, 292x218px
I don't see Swim on the results sheets, did he not even compete?
>>
>>173565065
why does he have a permanent grin?
>>
ded
>>
>>173565065
fucking swimfags
get out
>>
>tfw you out skill someone who clearly bought their deck

I only have two golds and this dude had some shit that cost like 800 to mill im only level 11 like get the fuck out of here I kicked your ass scrub mother fucker!
>>
>>173559868
It destroys two of the highest cards doesnt that include your side of the field? Or do you just think haha yeah Im gonna fuck people up now!
>>
>discover hawken smuggler

Oh wow Im just going to lock these so they play into the next round what an op card. Literally 3 of them will just build for me.
>>
>>173571492
If you're not retarded it pretty easy to play around with deck construction, just don't try to amass super a couple super huge non gold dudes and spread out, aka any token producing or gold focused deck. Hello you could still play with huge dudes just wait a couple turns.
>>
>>173565065
His run is already over. Last I looked at it he was 4-2.
>>
>cp sitting at 18 viewers

what went wrong?
>>
>>173575302
child porn is illegal maybe thats why
>>
>>173575416
chaoticpriest, smartass.
>>
can you use treason on the cow to kill a whale?
>>
>>173538931
go for ciri coz neutral are always better
>>
>>173577748
I have no idea which will go first but I'd bet it would be the whale moving. It just seems like a really risky play.
>>
>>173564742
How come NR doesn't have a vanilla 10?
>>
What card is the closest equivalent to Liam Neeson?
>>
>>173579913

Geralt.

>you took my daughter
>i have a particular set of skills
>>
>>173580480
Would the games have been improved if CDPR had paid big money to get Liam Neeson to be Geralt's VA instead of Doug Cockle?
>>
File: 46385792.jpg (423KB, 640x1120px) Image search: [Google]
46385792.jpg
423KB, 640x1120px
Played to level 20 in casual just to see what epics/legendaries I could collect before getting the free Decoy. Are there any good decks I'm closest to? I have 2885 scraps ready to use.

I really wanted to main Nilfgaard as I like the playstyle, but from reading around it seems very high risk, low reward at the moment.
>>
>>173581230
You already have Stefan so you're pretty much set for playing Nilfgaard
>>
>>173580827

I don't think so. Sometimes having a big-name actor can detract from the game. Charles Dance is on the very edge of what would work. It's also not like Liam Neeson did a stellar job in Fallout 3, and the price to get Neeson to do that would have been well out of CDPR's means back when the first game came out.
>>
>>173582479
VA work from high class actors isn't really that expensive.
>>
>>173582847

First game was done on a shoestring budget.

What's "not much" for Bethesda is "fucking huge amounts of money, OMG" for pre-W3 CDPR.
>>
>>173583265
Did you think Geralt's made up "Witchers are emotionless" shtick from the books transitioned well?
>>
>>173581230
With those cards I'd craft Avallach+Igni and be set for consume MO
>>
>>173575302
>what went wrong?
Nothing?
He is a shitty player AND a shitty person.
You'll only see the same concentration of salt in the Dead Sea
>>
>>173552964
He probably didn't even realize what he was doing. He just didn't want to morren one of his own toruviel's.
>>
>>173583504

That's BS Witchers tell themselves so they feel like they don't have to get involved and commoners tell themselves so they have another reason to hate Witchers. Geralt feels plenty of emotions.

The VA for the first game was pretty ordinary but they'd smoothed it out by the third.

>>173579908

Sile is 10 value, 6 for her and 4 damage to the enemy.

Meanwhile, in Gwent:

>4 games played this evening
>using Discard SK to mill through Ciri: Dash
>3 Jan Calveit, 1 Eithne
>win all by guaranteed draw of 20-odd strength C: D in final round
>0 ggs

Oh, they mad. How dare someone have a counter to Scorch cheese or final-round Letho->Dim Bomb/Shackles -> Jan, amirite?
>>
Should harpies get another synergy card? i feel like they are almost good enough to play
>>
>>173589478
I want vampire synergy.
And black blood potion.
And more waifus.
>>
>>173589878
Bet you also want a mana system, waifufag
>>
>>173589962
No, I just want waifus and synergies and counterplays.
>>
>>173589878
>>173590018
fuck off waifufag
>>
>>173590018
Why do you want make-believe wives in a card game?
>>
>>173590137
>>173590160
I enjoy resting my eyes on depictions of attractive females.
>>
is ayashuffles /ourgirl/?
>>
>>173590601
i think /cunt/ describes it best
>>
>>173590601
No.
>>
You think we can expect wipe for the end of the month ?
>>
>>173591734
dont get your hopes up, it is rumored they would announce the wipe one month beforehand
>>
>>173590272
fag
>>
File: 62452423.png (2MB, 1368x826px) Image search: [Google]
62452423.png
2MB, 1368x826px
This guy decides to go down 3 cards to get the first round.
He forfeited the third one without playing.

I assume this is people just trying to get their dailies.
Go all in in the first round, fuck around the second.
Forfeit the third.

>>173591734
Nothing will/should happen until the tournament ends.
Even then, the game needs more balancing.
I say 2 months of beta and wipe at the beginning of summer.
>>
What is your favourite card? Mine is probably Letho.
>>
>>173595941
LARP Ciri
>>
>>173595941
>tfw got offered Letho from one of my first kegs but i didnt understand his effect so i picked Iorveth
>>
>>173592394
only way to play with all ST shit going around
>>
File: 1490437668599.jpg (262KB, 653x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490437668599.jpg
262KB, 653x800px
>>173534295
>>173532134
>>173528558

this general gets worse by the day

fuck of to reddit
>>
>>173596406
More angry history slavs please.
>>
>>173598116

build your own timemachine fuckehead
>>
>>173598915
You ok anon?
>>
>>173599084
I don't know
>>
File: 0_10fa6e_4b30da28_orig.jpg (143KB, 704x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0_10fa6e_4b30da28_orig.jpg
143KB, 704x1000px
>>173599219
Cheer up, mate.
>>
>>173601524
I will
>>
>>173601524
Yen looks like hag there.
Well, in most of those pics.
>>
File: yen.jpg (53KB, 322x640px) Image search: [Google]
yen.jpg
53KB, 322x640px
>>173602043
You wouldn't be trying to start a waifu war, would you?

>>>/vg/wtc/
>>
>>173602759
Everybody just knows Yen sucks massive dwarf cock
>>
>>173602759
>You wouldn't be trying to start a waifu war, would you?

Nope, I like Yen. But she looks ugly in those illustrations.
>>173603020
Who is Saskia?
>>
daily reminder to ignore waifufaggotry
>>
>>173604845
You just can't ignore how shit Yen is.

Even Keira is better
>>
>>>/vg/wtc
>>
>>173604845
Shut up, no one is waifuposting

>>173605223
Fuck off mate
>>
However, we find ourselves in the unfortunate position of not having more funds than merchants of feces!
>>
On account of the humans high intelligence, he will procure a container.
>>
File: 4w532r32.png (2MB, 1368x826px) Image search: [Google]
4w532r32.png
2MB, 1368x826px
This is by far the weirdest yet funniest game I've ever played.

I've been playing around with this deck with surprising results.
Shame Casual mode is full of tryhards playing the same netdecks over and over...
>>
File: 6345245134524.png (2MB, 1370x826px) Image search: [Google]
6345245134524.png
2MB, 1370x826px
>>173606705
This is how the 2nd round looked like.

I was thinking about dropping the skalds for something else, but I think they are the ones that give the most value, and this is kind of what this deck does.
Was thinking about dropping Ermion, since I already have enough drawing power, but don't know what to use instead.
I even thought about Kambi, for even more lulz, but naaaaah. Triss? Lugos?
>>
>>173606921
BTM and coral seems anti-synergistic and tricky to play with, especially with your weakest units in round 3 being the 3 str priestesses. I assume you drop the mirror early usually?
>>
>>173607087
Yeah.
Is there for priestesses and Roach. Play it on the second round or, well, when I have a big opportunity, in general.
If really fucks up wounding skellige/axemen and Monster consume.
Haven't found a Henselt deck yet, so I don't know how it works against the towers. Might not be ''that'' bad, if it works just as against double axemen.

Is not a good deck, but I'm only trying to have fun.
>>
>>173606017
Broke, as shit peddlers

or

Broke as shit, peddlers ?
>>
Played 15 games as Henselt today. Won 14 of them. But hey, it's totally ST that is OP right guise?

At least I'm top 1000 now.
>>
>>173608550
The first
>>
Any NG spy players here?
What other 2 golds do you run besides Cahir and Vilgefortz? I've seen different combinations of Stefan, Menno, Ciri, and Gigni.
>>
>>173610664
I run Stefan, Ciri, Yencon and Animal Friend Zoltan
>>
File: 1451036193673.png (597KB, 790x716px) Image search: [Google]
1451036193673.png
597KB, 790x716px
>>173610664
>NG spy
Looks like you have to IMPROVISE
>>
Shouldn't we be getting a new batch of cards soon? I certainly don't want to to have the same old meta until the gwent challenger finals in May.
>>
>>173611027
No more cards until you faggots learn to behave and stop leaking like a sissy's penis.
>>
>>173610664
Ciri and Stefan are most common, Xarthisius if you want to meme. You can also play Igni instead of Ciri/Stefan
>>
>>173610339
Wow anon, can I see your Henselt deck? And your overall stats with it?
>>
The difference in quality between the voice lines sticks out like a sore thumb. One the one hand you have these cool quotes with great voice acting from Radovid, Henselt, Phil, Baron, Iorveth etc., on the other hand there are all these bronze guys with squeaky voices...

I swear if I hear
>Peace with humans?
One more time I'm gonna burst.

Hope they re-record this stuff down the line.
>>
>>173611595
SLAUGHTER THEM TO A MAN

Hey, at least it's not Nauzicaa Standard Bearer, his voice literally cracks when he screams 'Charge'
>>
>>173611373
It's this deck.
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/16220-top-3-5000-mmr-henselt

I can't give stats as I don't use the tracker but since I use it I got from 3600 to 4300 MMR without any problems after being stuck on rank 14 for weeks. It's just so stupidly powerful against the meta.
>>
>>173611595
I enjoy Stefan having the middle of his lines made inaudible because of sound effects when you play him
>>
>>173610824
>>173611269
Thanks, I'll try Stefan/Ciri first. Finally crafted Vilgefortz and Roach so I'm pretty excited.
What do you think of the variant with Menno that's starting to show up? Taking back Cantarella/Joachim + 10 points seems like a value swing at first glance, but I don't know.
>>
You want ____ ? Fight for it.
>>
>>173612112
Sorry I mean, destroy not take back.
>>
>>173612112
You could always just forgive them this time instead
>>
>>173612190
A META WITHOUT NONHUMANS
>>
>>173611939
>The revolution is blarghadbfkekxkdkrjfsjr a matter of time
>>
>>173610339
Niggah, people is not complaining that ST is OP, people is complaining that is common as fuck.
You play 10 games and 5 are the same deck with Hoog.
>>
>>173612415
THE REVOLUTION IS INEVITABLE
MERELY A MATTER OF TIME
>>
Man all these elves in ranked mode really make you wish for a Jaqcues de Aldersberg card
>>
>>173612543
Two weeks ago it was Henselt gold spam
Before that it was Monster consume
Before that it was SK discard
Before that it was Radovid control
Before that it was Monster weather

See a pattern? People complain all the time.
>>
>>173613464
>you play him as Alvin
>when he gets removed or the round ends, he becomes Jacques and has a cool effect
>>
>>173613706
i want ng to finally get a turn
>>
>>173613759
Rather have him as a leader for an Eternal Fire faction

>leader ability: Destroy all elves on the board. Draw 3 cards.
>>
>>173614275
Why not
>replace all of your opponent's cards on the board and in their hand with skullheads and draw a card
>>
>>173614275
would the eternal flame be ok with that? i mean, he is probably exposed at this point
>>
>>173614774
Foltest only lived a prologue longer than Jacques not to mention that Jan is a nobody until years after the games take place
>>
>entire province with unique military units and plenty of characters confirmed to not being a unique faction
>local autists still believe some very specific small order of assholes is going to be one
>>
>>173413509
>>173413509
>>173413509
>>173413509

this again desu
>>
The only counter to Letho, chain & Calveit it's Gigni and Scorch ?
>>
>>173616104
>needing a counter for 3-card conditional combo
>>
>>173616104
succubus, weather, btm etc.
>>
>>173616226
If you don't counter enemy strategy I don't know what you counter in games.
>>
>>173616239
Weather ok, but I am seraching for more meta answer.

Succubus and btm don't fit in every Deck.
>>
File: 1483890837867.jpg (144KB, 550x561px) Image search: [Google]
1483890837867.jpg
144KB, 550x561px
>>173616479
>not playing solitaire
>>
>>173616640
I think you mean :
>Not running 7 Scorch
>>
>swim is playing with prize winning cow

anti-swimfags, you don't know what hilarious shit you're missing
>>
>>173617260
how is swim playing with pwc any different from anyone else playing with pwc? just curious.
>>
>>173616479
I don't mean it's not worth countering.
I mean it requires a very specific circumstances to be effective on top of having 3 very specific cards. It's not something that just wins games if not countered.
>>
5 st fags in casual in a row...
fuck this game
>>
>>173617382
>It's not something that just wins games if not countered.

It's not so hard to be a swing of 30+ point, especailly in this meta where a lot of units are buffed.

It's something that win you the game/round if you can't counter it.
>>
Swim just creeps me out man. His decks are fun but the weird smiling and eyebrow wiggling is downright scary to the point where I feel molested whenever I hear Foltest's voice lines.
>>
I sincerely hope CDPR won't leave this game unpatched until the gwent challenger finals. I need new cards now. And I want ST to be nerfed and SK and NG to be buffed. Current meta is a 3 faction shitfest.
>>
>>173617848
He's got an interesting personality that he doesn't even need to fake.
It's his weird ugly charisma penetrating your reasoning centers.
>>
Okay lads I need some advice. I main NR but always wanted to get into NG. I have saved up 400 scraps. So what should I do, craft 2 meme epics to have some fun with (thought about Ves and Trollolo) or save up for Vilgefortz incase NG gets buffed in the near future?
>>
>>173620157
I can see V-man being unable to summon and eat roach in the same turn in like 1 or 2 patches.
>>
More Vampire cards where?
>>
>>173620993
Unseen Elder, Detlaff, Orianna, Hubert Rejk and Vereena are leaked and confirmed for the future. I bet we get the generic vampires too (Alp, Bruxa, Fleder, Garkain, Mula)
>>
>>173620556
That's too mean.

Are there any NG bros here testing their might in climbing the ladder with them, or have we all just resorted to the tried and true?
>>
>>173611859

I hate this shit.

"Oh here's a deck you can hit max rank with."

>Neat.

"You'll just need another 2400 Scraps, by which time there will be a new patch and a new meta."

>REEEEEEEE
>>
>>173618920
People were already crying about these last NG buffs, I can't imagine the shitstorm when they buff them again
>>
Should Milva->Roach be possible? It's free card advantage without a drawback.
>>
>>173621234
Noice
>>
>>173621895
The drawback is that the card advantage comes in the form of Roach in your hand.
>>
>>173623234
I don't think it's a drawback. Roach main role is to thin your Deck not giving you value.

So you pull him out and get an extra card.
>>
>>173623809
You pull him out and get an extra card, but that extra card is roach.

But to do this trick, you've put down an 8 strength gold, when you could've used Milva to return a 30 strength axeman to your opponents hand, or stop an ocvist from going off, or any of the other uses of Milva, or you could've been using a different card than Milva, like Isengrim or Saskia, who can generate 20+ value easily.
>>
>>173624767
You can also win the first round, make your opponent start, and throw Roach down to bleed them for 2 cards
>>
we were doing so well today,and then page 10 again
>>
I'm starting to doubt that we'll get new cards anytime soon. Rethaz went quiet on reddit, we don't even have confirmation that a content patch is being worked on right now, the qualifiers are over and still no word from anyone, key giveaways ended. Looks like the "20 new cards every 2 months" thing didn't last very long. Maybe CDPR will keep the game the same until the closed beta ends?

Am i just overreacting or do you feel the same?
>>
>>173629394
i predicted that already a week ago
>>
>>173629394
All bark and no bite as usual from CDPR
>>
>>173629394
I think at this point it's better for CDPR to focus on game balance than new cards especially when open beta is "close" and the game need still lot of work.
>>
>>173629394
if they do actually plan to redesign weather and ambush then they have a lot of work to do, not really much of that can be shared with the public
>>
>>173630156
>as usual
Que?
>>
>>173630509
weather, NR and ambush
so almost half of the game

D E A D O N A R R I V A L
>>
>>173630796
just be glad they are addressing now and not one year after release
>>
>>173630796
>O N A R R I V A L
This is the closed beta. It's literally made for shit like this.
>>
So how do I find motivation to play if there is no new content or even a new balance patch coming? I'm rank 15 and already own all the cards that interest me. I'm bored out of my mind.
>>
>>173631661
Make memedecks and play casual.
>>
>>173629394
>>173630796
At least you're not paying for 'early access' like a lot of other games are doing these days.
Unless you bought your key.
>>
>>173631863
>play casual
So I can watch said meme decks getting crushed by ST babbies with their meta decks who are too nervous to play ranked? Might as well keep grinding in ranked.

>>173630509
It would be alright if rethaz actually answered stuff from the community. Reading his leddit posts was fun because he often gave important insight and told people roughly what they had planned for the future. Now no one responds to feedback and questions, feels like you're being ignored, you know?
>>
Are there any nice really budget decks?
>>
>>173632245
>Reading his leddit posts
yeah, no thanks
>>
>>173632363
If you're still in low ranks a budget weather deck is still fine I think. Other than that it really depends on what you've already opened up through kegs and whether or not you're a collector that doesn't want to scrap 'unusable' cards.
>>
>>173633175
Could i get a list of viable decks at low ranks?
I'm rank 2 actually.
I haven't got many cards, but i could craft something (not much though).
>>
>Lacerate my own row
>>
>>173634921
Weather Monsters
Consume
Self wound Skellige
Foltest swarm
>>
>>173638602
Thanks.
If anyone else has recommendations, i'm taking notes here.
>>
I am disappointed

https://a.uguu.se/UXbrSXnT47vc.webm
>>
>>173638602
By the way, are there decklists for these somewhere?
>>
>>173640286
Budget Weather: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/15372-swims-budget-weather

Budget Wounding: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/16201-vfrisks-budget-wounding
>>
>>173641801
Thanks bro.
By the way, are there any effective Nilfgard decks out there?
If it helps, i have Cahir.
>>
>>173645617
Their worst matchup is weather and those are rampant at your level. Control deals well with NR, but gets shit on by everything else. Spies does mostly okay, but requires near perfect sequencing; rewarding though. Reveal is regarded as pretty bad last I checked.
>>
>ranking up with Henselt
>take a break for a couple of days
>now every living human is running manticore venom

Is the party over?
>>
So dead.
>>
i didnt log in since 2 weeks ;_;
>>
File: revealnilfgaard.jpg (174KB, 779x393px) Image search: [Google]
revealnilfgaard.jpg
174KB, 779x393px
fresh F2P here

is Reveal Nilfgaard a thing? I managed to open Vilgefortz and Cynthia so I started crafting some reveal cards like Mangonels and the Nilfgaardian Knights.

Is such an archetype even viable in the first place?
>>
>>173659471
no its not a thing
spy NG is a thing.
>>
>>173586183
>>173575302
>>173575503
I'm actually surprised someone deemed him worthy of a subscribe button. Even a bigger shame considering CD Projekt actually flew the guy into Poland and asked for his opinion on the positioning patch.
>>
ded
>>
its over
>>
>>173629394
To be fair, CDPR said they want to

-rework the look and functionality of the match UI, the collection and the deck builder
-rework NR and weather
-rework the starter decks
-add a tooltip system for improved understanding of cards
-rework the tutorial completely
-rework the AI for practice matches
-various QoL changes (reconnect feature)
-tweak the way MMR works
-add 20 new cards
-add more premiums
-do the usual balancing stuff

It honestly annoys me that rethaz doesn't communicate and instead of outright saying that we'll be getting new cards or not this month, but when you look at this list, you gotta realize that, should the next patch cover even half of these points, it's gonna be one massive patch. Thus the long wait.
>>
>>173647464
Haven't seen any manticore venoms up here at 4300 mmr. Try it again, maybe you had bad luck.
>>
>>173659471
It's pretty fucking weak. All reveal does is show you exactly how I'm going to beat you.
>>
ded
>>
Carnipebbles? Hungry like a wolf, I am!
>>
you fucking memers stop sucking dick right now and post
>>
>>173675237
No
>>
Can't eat vettels? Hungry like a wolf i am.
>>
Cannibalism? Hungry like a wolf I am.
>>
What's the point of strong attacks?

Really, I don't see the point in them when I can safely spam fast attacks.
>>
>>173680832
They ignore armor which probably comes in handy at the later stages of the game
>>
>>173680856
>They ignore armor
Oh? I did not know this. Thank you. My hope in my strong attack focused build is restored.
>>
>>173681204
>if you select the skill for it.
Now my hope is dashed again.

Why do you recommend Igni?
>>
autism
>>
>>173681342

One of the Igni upgrades cripples enemy armour. Combine with burning and away you go, some CC and DoT on top of fucking up their damage reduction.
>>
>>173680832
>>173680856
>>173680969
>>173681204
>>173681342
>>173681625
>>>/vg/wtc
>>
>>173681719
Oh lol I thought this was already wtc.

>>173681625
Oh thank you sounds fun
>>
File: heath-ledger-e1433504175941.jpg (82KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
heath-ledger-e1433504175941.jpg
82KB, 640x449px
It's simple; we kill the rethaz.
>>
File: A man.jpg (60KB, 599x352px) Image search: [Google]
A man.jpg
60KB, 599x352px
>>173682383
Yes
>>
File: 1490382694631.jpg (32KB, 534x950px) Image search: [Google]
1490382694631.jpg
32KB, 534x950px
when?
>>
>>173683264
are those pumpkin seeds? why are they so flat?
>>
>>173683436
they're not roasted
>>
>>173683436
What kinda pumpkin seeds u been eatin son
>>
>>173683436
the anon who posted it got them for free.
so i assume that they are have a bad quality
>>
Ded
>>
>>173686478
as fuck
>>
>>173631661
im rank 10 and i can barely get myself to play
>>
>>173631661
>So how do I find motivation to play if there is no new content or even a new balance patch coming?

Dunno. I had the feeling the game was stale before the patch and I feel the same way now...
I've been playing since the beginning and I have a full collection by now.
>>173631863
>Make memedecks and play casual.
You have to be dumb as a brick to believe in this.
There is no difference between ranked and casual.
Same decks.
And I say that as someone who has been trying memedecks for the last 2 weeks.
Including SY with fireball traps and BTM and Eredin grave-robbing. Same old, same old.
Henselt, Brouver, Dagon and Harald.
Then less common you have Crach Warcry, NG in general (except Emhyr), Geels swarm-devour deck and Foltest trebuchets.
>>
The national currency is of high value, but Gwent cards are far more treasured.
>>
File: 1490724955304.jpg (14KB, 497x181px) Image search: [Google]
1490724955304.jpg
14KB, 497x181px
>tfw haven't played the game in roughly a week
>>
>>173693876
welcome to the new patch waiting room
>>
ded
>>
>>173696358
/gwt/ lives for a day then dies for a week
It is the cycle that must always be to prevent doomsday
>>
File: mulligan.png (1MB, 1070x1585px) Image search: [Google]
mulligan.png
1MB, 1070x1585px
we should probably add this to the OP
>>
>>173697678
no, because its wrong
and i cant believe that no one noticed it
>>
I'm so tired of
>turn 1 yencon
Why didn't they have enough balls to nerf that filthy whore into the ground? Why?
>>
>>173697995
Reddit wants golds to be the pillars of decks so golds must require you going through hoops to interact with them and also have epic effects
>>
File: fug.jpg (559KB, 1193x804px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
559KB, 1193x804px
which one do i pick
Vill right?
>>
>>173698343
Letho
>>
After seeing a plebbit thread with hilariously bad balancing ideas I'll try one here. What cards would you change and how? Post and r8.

I'll start:

>Aglais should be relentless again
That way you can't abuse her with eithne

>Ambushes should be lockable
Bearly everyone says this, no explanation needed.

>Vrihedd Dragoon base strength buffed to 6, buff strength nerfed to 2
Also no explanation needed for that one.

>Saskia only adds the same amount of points to your side as she previously took from the opposing side
When I play Henselt and I only got Roach out, it's quite ridiculous that Saskia still buffs her entire board by one point even though she only damaged me by 1.

>Yennefer spawns a silver Unicorn/Chironex
That way NR players like me won't automatically get ridiculous value out of her thanks to siege towers. Other factions won't even be affected.

>When using Radovid on your own side, he should unlock all three units and add 2 base strength
You can only use him offensively right now.

>effects and turn timers need to be standardized
Not exactly a card change but right now I see no pattern in which effect goes off first and which one after that. The card played first has to go off first.

>Roach needs to spawn next to the gold card after its effects have been played.
Prevents Vilgefortz/Milva shenanigans.
>>
>>173698804
>hilariously bad balancing ideas
Share with the class
>>
>>173698343
If you play Monsters, Caretaker. Otherwise Borkh.
>>
>>173698804
This was hilariously bad, consider going back to gayrobot
>>
>>173698959
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/64qtal/serious_what_balance_changes_do_you_expect_to_see/

Some gems include
>all board wide card effects should be adjusted to positioning
>scorch should be fleeting

>>173699097
Back to the abyss, ST babby
>>
File: decoy_card[1].jpg (45KB, 410x775px) Image search: [Google]
decoy_card[1].jpg
45KB, 410x775px
>>173698804
there is a reason the unicorn is golden
>>
wait what
the deck doesnt get shuffled after the mulligan phase?
what the fuck is this trash
>>
>>173699431
That's why relentless is a thing. If silver lubberkin is relentless, silver unicorn would be too.
>>
>>173698804
>Not exactly a card change but right now I see no pattern in which effect goes off first and which one after that. The card played first has to go off first.

The timer that starts lower goes off first. For timers that are the same length, it's whoever was played first I think.
>>
>>173610664
Cahir
Stefan
Ciri
Yen: Con

don't have the scraps for letho or vilgefortz yet
>>
>>173699596
We don't know essentially.
Reddit calculated that mulliganed cards have 3x the odds of ending back on top of the deck but CDPR denies everything
>>
>>173701374
actually rethaz said >>173697678
is essentially correct
>>
>Haven't played in 3 month
>Bullshit 3 cards by 3 cards powerups

My fun Breed centered deck has been fucked
I sound like a casual but holy shit am I mad
>>
>>173700569
Nah, cow always goes before Vran
>>
File: SONSOFNILGAARD.png (2MB, 1570x875px) Image search: [Google]
SONSOFNILGAARD.png
2MB, 1570x875px
My deck boys. Been rather fun. Even won a few times against Monster Consume using Letho. Thoughts?
>>
Another day passed without info on new patch.

32 days until challenger finals. Will CDPR let us wait until then?
>>
Man playing NR competitively is so boring. Silver spots are so tight that Priscilla Nenneke and Stennis go in every deck. Leaving only 3 spots for actual deckbuilding. And we all know these 3 spots are always a variation of KoB, Roach, Decoy and Dandelion. Sure, other factions also always have 2 must-have silver slots, but it's not nearly as bad as in NR. With Margarita, Pavetta, Trollolo and Sabrina we even have solid replacement silvers, but why ever use these?

Same with gold slots. Triss: Butt, Vernon Roche, Phil and to a lesser extent John Natalis are all solid cards. But all you ever see is Shani, Baron and a variation of neutrals. This needs to change.

Take ST for example: the only gold cards they don't use competitively are Ithlinne and Zoltan.
>>
>>173712353
Silvers in SK are also tight.

And they have some of the crappiest golden cards.
>>
>>173712353
Zoltan is competetive
>>
>>173712445
SK always runs Sidrgrifa and Restore, is there a third silver they always need to use? And I agree about the Gold cards, but Skellige has tge most solid bronzes next to NG so it's pretty even.

>>173713165
I saw him exactly once on the ladder. And I'm fairly sure the dude was running a budget deck since he also used YenCon.
>>
>>173713570
>SK always runs Sidrgrifa and Restore, is there a third silver they always need to use?
pls be bait
>>
>>173713785
Actually it's not... I rarely fight SK decks. And it's the faction I know the least about.
>>
>>173713906

He probably means Svanrige for discard and Blueboy for wounding.

I go Discard so right now my other three are the Witchers for thinning, but I'm 150 scrap away from the Last Wish, at which point that will go in alongside Champion of Champions and Blueboy while I work towards Ocvist.
>>
>Down 150 MMR to a chain of ST players who are all higher rank but lower MMR

Truly this is hell.
>>
you know what,i actually liked Duelyst
>>
>>173732596
Never played it and read it isn't as good now. What happened?
>>
>>173732987
they made a ton of really bad RNG heavy cards in an attempt to get the hs audience and failed
>>
>>173732987
they got greedy and tried to be hearthstone
>>
>>173700175
Lubberkin is not relentless. Relentless shouldn't even be a thing in this game.
>>
ded
>>
>>173743497
shit patch with no end in sight. not liking the odds of this general lasting through to the weekend.
>>
So if you're opponent loses connection during the mulligan you get docked and it counts as a loss?
>>
>>173743710
i dont have a life...sooo....
>>
>>173744051
me too man. i kind of like not having a life though, it's very calm, relaxing and there's very little surprises.
>>
File: yKIFn47.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
yKIFn47.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>173744234
yea me too
the only bad thing is that it gets really boring and lonely when you don't have any games to play
which is the case
>>
ded
>>
So how long did the honeymoon phase with this game last with the people that have been playing this game a long time? Are you already tired of it even in closed beta?

I'm still lvl 7 but I've been enjoying myself a lot playing Northern Realms and Monsters. It's still not getting old (something that happened real fast with Duelyst or Elder Scrolls Legends)
>>
>>173749097
its ending and you can clearly see it even on reddit.
more and more people are shitting in cdpr and are leaving
>>
I actually wanna die!
>>
hurt again ;_;
>>
>>173749097
it's wearing off for me, if only because I have all the cards and this patch's meta set in too quickly. Hopefully we get some new cards and balance soon to shake things up
>>
>>173749309
Bullshit man. Community is still growing. Much more slowly than previously, but that's due to the fact that there are no more giveaways, and thus no new players. No one on plebbit is actually pissed at CDPR. Maybe a few doomsayers in the general, but you guys will always say that people are leaving. Search qeue for matches is still as short as ever for me, I almost never search longer than 30 seconds.

If you are bored of the meta that's fine. Leave the game and come back when it's patched. The cool thing about gwent is that you actually can leave for a few weeks without being unable to catch up afterwards.
>>
>patch is out for barely 3 weeks
>people already bitch about the meta

Maybe it's YOU who are the problem, not the game? Do you expect them to patch this game every weekend? This might surprise you, but once this game is released patches will be even less frequent. What are you gonna do then? Jesus man, compare this to HS or Magic. It's literally worlds apart because CDPR actually patches stuff and doesn't only wait for rotation.
>>
File: 1464301177974.jpg (605KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464301177974.jpg
605KB, 1920x1080px
Any last words?
>>
>>173763787
Lethoposter is the only intelligent being in this thread
>>
>>173761187
Now you're talking bullshit cause I saw plenty of those posts on reddit.
>>
>>173761509
fuck off drone
>>
>>173749097
I've only played for a month, but I'm still having fun. This is the first CCG where I've found all classes/factions enjoyable to play as. So it doesn't get too boring as I switch around a lot.

>>173761509
To be honest, I haven't really felt the effects of this 'oppressive ST' meta lots of people complain about everywhere. Maybe I've just been fortunate with my MUs, I don't know. I'm still only rank 13 though. It's definitely not as bad as other CCGs at this moment I'll tell you that.

Every game will always have a class/faction that's played to hell and back. Once one accepts that and that you aren't meant to win every game it's a lot easier on you. For me personally.
>>
ded
>>
>>173769054
Death or dank memes
>>
>>173769107
dank memes
>>
File: 1484651884312.png (233KB, 687x495px) Image search: [Google]
1484651884312.png
233KB, 687x495px
>>173769454
GO
>>
>>173769501
Will I ever get a gf
>>
>>173769501
will i ever achieve my dream
>>
File: 1489422402948.jpg (42KB, 300x397px) Image search: [Google]
1489422402948.jpg
42KB, 300x397px
>>173769559
Not sure but you will get these popcorn.
>>
>>173769501
>>173769634
what is that supposed to mean ;_;
>>
File: 1483980150755.jpg (57KB, 431x997px) Image search: [Google]
1483980150755.jpg
57KB, 431x997px
>>173769685
It doesn't matter.
>>
>>173769501
>>173769685
>>173769741
it matters to me Mr.CIA!
>>
File: Large Dude.png (2MB, 1044x2032px) Image search: [Google]
Large Dude.png
2MB, 1044x2032px
>>173769752
You will achieve your dream for you.
>>
>>173769501
Will gwent have any players by the end of the year?
>>
>>173769879
thank you big guy
>>
>>173769501
Will /gwt/ die this month?
>>
>>173769501
Is she going to be my gf?
>>
>>173770268
But I have work in a few hours. CIA...
>>
damn im really glad that we are all on the same page here
>>
next patch fucking when I'm sick of all this Scoia'tael
>>
File: big guy.png (34KB, 735x739px) Image search: [Google]
big guy.png
34KB, 735x739px
I'm on my way to you.
>>
>>173770718
turns out weeks of only having like 4 viable decks in the game can get boring, who knew
>>
Was the previous meta better?

Y/N
>>
>>173771548
YES, YES, YES
>>
Monsters are currently the faction with the most deck variety and even the deck archetypes have healthy variations. Their only issue is Dagon being too good as a result of first light being too good.
>>
You should be able to end your turn without passing or waiting and losing a card tbqh
>>
>>173773967
You should also draw a card each turn. As it is now RNG is too strong when it comes to your initial draw of cards.
>>
>>173771548
No. Only 3 tier 1 archetypes, NG and NR lagging behind with a huuuuge power gap, the best decks were basically solitaire. Anyone who seriously thinks the current meta is worse should go back to r/gwent.
>>
>>173765857
You haven't seen the effects of this oppressive meta because the whining here is grossly exaggerated. You heard the same shit last meta and the meta before that.

>the meta sucks
>the game is boring
>last patch was better
>Faction X is OP
>all the players are leaving
When, in fact, the player base is stable and the game is getting more balanced and polished with every update.

It's the same in every competitive game , because competitive gamers are collectively stupid and have no clue about balance.
>>
>>173774802
>the player base is stable
what gave you that idea
>>
>>173774802
>being rational
>in this thread
Shut up and mindlessly complain about ST like everyone else.
>>
>>173775515
I don't know, maybe the fact that the search queue is still as long/short as before, or the fact that r/gwent is still steadily gaining subscribers, or the fact that gwent streamers get a constantly decent amount of twitch viewers for their content.

Or surely the purely anecdotal "evidence" you'll pull out of your arse in your next post will convince me otherwise.
>>
>>173775718
t. full of shit
>>
>>173775770
>I have nothing to say to that so let's shitpost him

Bold strategy anon.
>>
"G-gwent is dead on arrival, all the players are leaving" - increasingly nervous man
>>
>>173765857

ST is busted at the moment because of Scorch effects, Ambush, and Eithne. Scorch needs to be fleeting and there has to be some way to counter Ambushes, certain golds like Aglais and Schirru need to be relentless, and other than that it's not too bad. It's just that playing ST is pretty much a free ride up the ladder against every other faction right now.

They also need to put a cap on cards like Harald and Ge'els and do something about Mad Rad the Control Lad.

>>173771548

Dwarves were pretty broken because they regained Resilience at the start of every round. Other than that it was pretty good really.
>>
>>173775718
thank you for those lovely anecdotes, let me just remind you that there are no new players incoming on account of all the giveaways ending
the incentives to play are running out too, since all the cards you collect will get wiped anyway
the only reason left to play is fun, and that is slowly decreasing on account of everything listed above
>>
>>173776132
>giveaways ending
Makes it only more impressive that the community is stable

>incentives to play are running out too
Purely subjective

>fun is slowly decreasing
Purely subjective.

2/10 try again. Also please don't refer to posts in a basement dweller's tapestry forum as irrefutable evidence.
>>
>>173776065
I don't think fleeting scorch is a sensible solution. You should totally be able to replay Scorch. Once. Everything else is completely overkill. So in my opinion, leave scorch as it is, but make Aglais relentless (as you already said) and change Nature's Gift to replay any bronze-only special card in your graveyard.

That way you can Scorch the board exactly twice, but not 4 times.
>>
>>173776307
t. CDPRDrone
>>
>>173776474
Nice argument kid.
>>
>>173776552
>>173776307
>>173775718
Leave it anon. Whiners will stay whiners no matter what you say
>>
>>173776610
>>173776552

t. samefag
>>
File: 1468527933470.jpg (24KB, 330x286px) Image search: [Google]
1468527933470.jpg
24KB, 330x286px
>>173776307
>your facts are subjective
>my que time is the only truth

Listen closely. All the posts about how the game is unbalanced and boring are made by individual players that are not having fun playing the game. Each of those posts and upvotes is one player that is going to play the game less or stop entirely.
>>
This game will be good if grind rewards will get better
>>
>>173776441

4 is on the low end for a properly built ST deck.

Scorch
Nature's Gift
Geralt: Igni
Aglais
Schirru

All fit into a ST deck without trouble. From there they add Eithne->Aglais, Renewal-> Aglais/Schirru/GIgni, and maybe a Borkh. Combine that with Ambush cards not being targeted by Scorch and having two one-way Scorch cards makes it a bit silly.

I don't really mind Schirru being one-way Scorch but I think they need to change it to him triggering when the ST player uses a special if they want to keep that.
>>
>>173776890
All those downvoted posts with people mocking the OP for being salty? You're a funny guy anon. I've yet to see a single highly upvoted plebbit post where people say they're leaving. I only see this kind of circlejerk here. And even then, you jokesters all come back the next day and continue posting.

And even if it was really true and everyone on plebbit upvotes posts saying they're leaving the game, where does it say that the upvoters are also leaving or playing less? Huge assumption on your part.
>>
File: 1489403786978.jpg (79KB, 883x631px) Image search: [Google]
1489403786978.jpg
79KB, 883x631px
>>173776307
>>
>>173749097
40hours for me

about level 18-20
>>
>>173777148

They need a pity timer on card rarity so if you open 10 kegs with nothing worth more than 10 scrap you get something decent, something like that.

Maybe also have a look at removing GGs, at the moment I give them out like candy unless my opponent was a shitmerkin who forced me to wait until the last 5 seconds of the timer every turn but get them back less than one game in five because people are trying to hoard their advantages both now and for when Beta ends.

Or maybe people think that sending a GG costs them five ore or scrap? Fucked if I know.
>>
>>173776890
My queue times even improved compared to the las few weeks. He's not alone man.
>>
>>173777524

My average queue times have gone up from ~30 seconds to 50-120 seconds on average.

Maybe it's a timezone thing.
>>
>>173777207
I actually rarely see these kind of extreme scorch decks. When all you pack is scorches, you can't really accumulate value yourself and are thus likely to lose the game 2-0 against a good player. Schirru should definitely be changed. Both players being able to triggering him is dumb. Only the opponent should be able to. Geralt:Igni is fine because he can be a dead draw in round 3. Borkh is fine because of the long timer.
>>
>>173777649
I dunno mate. I'm based in CET, used to have load times between 30 and 60 secs. Now it's between 20 and 40.
>>
>>173777148
24 wins giving you 50 ore is a bit ridiculous
>>
>final turn
>hand consists of first light, svanrige, 2 priestesses, regeneration
>deck has 3 witchers, 1 tuirseach skirmisher and ciri: dash with 22 strength in it
>opponent operationally operates vesemir into my hand with the operator

HA

HA HA

HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA

I don't know what he was trying to achieve, but it was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>173777241
>I've yet to see a single highly upvoted plebbit post where people say they're leaving

I-I have...
>>173749097
It lasted for a long, long time.
I played for days during the first weeks.
I have +300 hours in the game and probably the first 120 are from the first 3-4 weeks. I played a fuckton.
I got to level 14 during the first day of the beta.
>>173777207
That's bollocks. 90 % of the decks are Brouver, not Eithné.

Say what you want, I still think Consume monsters is the broken faction, but whateva...
>>173777649
Nah, not timezone, but MMR dependent. Even in casual.
>>173778401
>24 wins giving you 50 ore is a bit ridiculous
3 wins giving you 100 ore is ridiculous too
Or fuck, even 6 defeats giving you 100 ore .

Pretty easy to farm
>>
>>173778401
>>173779749
Yeah, really like that 30 scraps for 6 wins
The cards you get at level up besides Ciri and decoy shouldn't be randomized.
>>
ded
>>
>>173781223
>Yeah, really like that 30 scraps for 6 wins

What, mate?
You can lose 6 games on a row and get 100 ore + whatever the milestones fve you.
>The cards you get at level up besides Ciri and decoy shouldn't be randomized.
Why not?
I'm ok with it.
Only thing I'd change would be giving a random legendary card much sooner. I think now you get the first one at level, what? 40?
Give one sooner, so people gets more into the game.
>>
>>173336038
So, are there any bots for this game yet? I am getting tired of grinding out normal games til I can get enough scraps to make a full deck.
>>
>>173788559
that is actually a nice idea,i would love to make a bot for this, ill see whats possible with the api
>>
>>173789564
Thanks.

Hearthstone was actually fun when I could bot the game, the quests weren't so stupid, and the 100g daily cap was obtainable.
>>
File: 1487715067796.png (51KB, 215x177px) Image search: [Google]
1487715067796.png
51KB, 215x177px
where is this faggot?
>>
File: 27354c507c6f2e5813e376684419e079.jpg (249KB, 700x1081px) Image search: [Google]
27354c507c6f2e5813e376684419e079.jpg
249KB, 700x1081px
>>173791672
died on weeb overdose
>>
>>173788559
There were when the game was launched.
A big wave bans happened shortly after.
>>
File: 1491715377141.jpg (34KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
1491715377141.jpg
34KB, 400x320px
>>173792453
its boring without you
>>
>>173776132
I've been playing this past week and my queue times have never been above 30 seconds.

I'm ~lv 14 and only rank 3 so I don't understand what you're saying.
>>
>>173792525
>wave bans
they only happened once blizz paid off the bot maker to put in a pattern that they could monitor.

I botted for months and never got banned, I used an old version of it; You could tell something was fishy when there was an option to randomize the card play times in earlier versions; that got taken away after a month or so and THEN blizz banned a lot of people, then suddenly there is no more bot to use.
>>
ded
>>
>>173796294
as fuck
>>
Any Henselt bros have lists they've been doing well with on ladder?

I'm running http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/16220-top-3-5000-mmr-henselt
and just getting fucked on by big daddy Brouver and his manticore venoms.
>>
Who is the Bruce Springsteen of Gwent?
>>
File: sdf4.jpg (479KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sdf4.jpg
479KB, 1920x1080px
i got accepted today

this is my first deck

how did i do
>>
>>173805467
that's not a deck, that's a keg. zoltan and iorveth are shit now, you might as well scrap both.
>>
>>173805467
Letho
>>
>>173805467
nice deck anon
>>
Proceed according to plan, /gwt/.
>>
File: 1490945921919.webm (375KB, 1172x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490945921919.webm
375KB, 1172x720px
>/w*c/ will outlive /gwt/
>>
>>173806320
Just like cockroaches will outlive humans through a nuclear holocaust
>>
>>173806320
i love this fucking game
all those retarded animations made my life more enjoyable
>>
>>173777148
Tiers 1 and 2 are perfect the way they are. Past that it's kind of ridiculous how they double the requirement and lessen the ore more.

Some days I get time to reach tier 3 and am game to play even more, but I just stop after that. One thing I do love is how those days, with the intermediary rewards within tiers, I can buy 4-5 kegs depending the GGs I get.
>>
File: 1465378845635.png (499KB, 561x608px) Image search: [Google]
1465378845635.png
499KB, 561x608px
>tfw neighbours are yelling at each other again
>>
what is up with the wierd mill ratios on rarities
common 30:5
rare 80:10
epic 200:50
legendary 800:200
1/6 1/8 1/4 1/4
just why are rares so pathetic, they had better done some heavy math on this because getting a duplicate rare when you still need dont have a full collection should not be this bad
>>
>>173809851
its probably set to 10 to standardize average keg values, idk why crafting cost is 80 but its not like crafting cost of rares really matter
>>
Guys don't make a new thread.
Without me the thread would have died 20 times already and I don't want to bump it anymore.
This way we don't have to see how it dies ;_;
>>
>>173811150
>b-but the player count is growing
>>
i hope they make more player avatars. Surely we cant all just be Geralt. I want to see them add Dandelion. His taunt would be the most obnoxious thing.
>>
>>173812213
I would like it if they added a Letho avatar
>>
>>173812213

I dunno. I kinda hope that they don't add too many other characters.

Especially not Yen, her condescension would be fucking insufferable.

Thaler would be awesome but unfortunately the game isn't rated highly enough for his proper dialogue.
>>
>>173811150
Has there ever been "successful" generals for closed beta games anyways? It's still technically a secret club despite the amount of keys that have gone out.

>>173812213
Emhyr please.
>>
>>173812514
I would pick Thaler over all the waifus
>>
>>173812560

>Emhyr please.

If it was Charles Dance, hell yes. The new VA is pretty shit though.

>>173812717

>Praise: Fuckin' nice.
>Thank: Thanks, you cunt.
>Threaten: I'm going to ram my cock up your arse.
>Rage: Melitile's balls, what the fuck was that?

We're not worthy.
>>
>>173813095
>The new VA is pretty shit though.

Why? He's decent
>>
>>173813095
Does Emhyr have a different VA?
>>
>>173813479

Yes.

>>173813284

Going from elder god tier to "decent" (and calling the new VA decent is being nice) is a hell of a quality drop.
>>
i'm making the new thread
>>
>>173812514
i dont know about w2 or w3 but in w1 he was one of the top dice poker players
it woudlnt be too out of character to have him
>>
i need to sleep lads just post something filler so i can post the thread and fuck off to bed
>>
>>173814795
Sleep well, anon. It's a good thing that you care about getting a good night's rest.
>>
>>173814864
yeah i used to stay up all night but that shit is not healthy for you
>>
>>173815236

time to sleep
have a good night euroanons
>>
>>173815293
Sleep tight
>>
>>173813095
>>Praise: Fuckin' nice.
>>Thank: Thanks, you cunt.
>>Threaten: I'm going to ram my cock up your arse.
>>Rage: Melitile's balls, what the fuck was that?
>We're not worthy.

Thing is, that part of Thaler's personality is just a charade.

In TW1 you can see that when he is not acting, he is regular dude. No swearing or cursing...
>>
Almost 750 !
>>
>>173815796
750 get
Thread posts: 751
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.