[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/domg/ Dominions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 767
Thread images: 80

Stale Sorry I couldn't think of an innovative picture Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
http://pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Did the thread actually last to the post limit? I'm proud, /domg/.
>>
File: 1477667073182.png (371KB, 601x584px) Image search: [Google]
1477667073182.png
371KB, 601x584px
>only plays the game solo
>never tried it multiplayer
>don't want to
>still come here
I'm like a warlord attracted by a religion.
>>
File: 1396528291573.png (90KB, 463x522px) Image search: [Google]
1396528291573.png
90KB, 463x522px
>>170170347
I haven't gone multiplayer either. Too autistic and long term.
>>
>>170170347
>>170170626
I find it more challenging than killing massed blobs that Ai churns out without any mage support. It's entertaining when playing impossible difficulty though because it forces you to engage some innovative strategies to keep up with the year1 100+ mass they throw at you. I guess I just like a challenge.
>>
>>170170995
I'm well aware of the massive difference between players and AIs, but I just can't bother to learn how to play online or how to optimize my game.

I'm just too casual, I guess. Seeing me playing would probably cause the average /domg/ user a heart attack.
>>
>>170171115

Seeing the average /domg/ user causes the average /domg/ user a heart attack.
>>
>>170171115
You play at a level that is fun for you. No need to force anything.
>>
>>170172360
It's fun but a little frustrating.

It's like playing with cubes as a kid, you know you can do something amazing, but you don't know what exactly.
>>
>>170172795
Just keep trying and experimenting. Listen and read about the mechanics involved, form a hypothesis, and experiment until completion.

Just read about stuff in the manual and when you get a moment when you're going "huh, that sounds interesting if it was under different conditions..." then test that out in the field. Dom4 is like a huge, convoluted, lego sandbox where you are given random pieces that look like they don't fit together not until you get them into the right conditions and then they fit together.
>>
File: Fast erection switch.jpg (48KB, 346x404px) Image search: [Google]
Fast erection switch.jpg
48KB, 346x404px
>>170173783
I remember last time I experienced. I read in the manual that a weapon reach could add up to an unit size to compensate in case the opponent is bigger.
When I experimented and managed to get a giant's eye by having my humans poking him with spears, it was hilarious. This is the kind of stuff that I love.
>>
It would be easier to talk about borders if I knew where you are located C'tis. I don't see you anywhere yet.
>>
Advice on fort building?
If you are self sufficient as far as troop selection goes, mostly provinces with lots of connections connections to resources heavy provinces (if you need resources)?
I heard "plain"-type provinces can also earn you quite a lot with a fort.
If you lack something like crossbows I guess that's also worth consideration, but would you drop those even on the more expensive versions (like the 14 resources ones)?

Do you ever build the more expensive forts?
>>
>>170176196
>Advice on fort building?
Chokepoints, 2 provinces apart from another fort.

>Do you ever build the more expensive forts?
I do, but then again.
>only play solo
>on the smallest map
>>
where last bread tia
>>
>>170176196
as many as possible

but yeah, you can max resources by putting forts next to or on top of high res provinces and you want to fort up indy troops that you plan on dumping res into.

some nations like xib, sauro, mictlan, any freespawn nation, etc can just kinda ball up their forts if they don't need to cover specific provinces.
>>
>>170176196
>Do you ever build the more expensive forts?

If you really need the resources for troops from better admin or are constantly hounded by enemy.
>>
>>170176196
Is there any sense in Abysia building palisades?
>>
>>170177128
No because they catch fire. Duh
>>
>>170170347
>>170170626
Multiplayer is way better though, and doesn't have the problems that most multiplayer games do.
>>
>Burden of Time
>The seal is broken and the mountain has become a clusterfuck
>two nations go AI within two turns

So, who's gonna cast Utterdark?
>>
>>170176196
The difference between cheap forts and expensive forts is just one mage recruitment turn, so there's generally no reason not to if it's in a safe area and you're not in a desperate fight for your life where that one mage will make or break the war effort. The income difference will pay for itself and strong forts can be very difficult to crack, especially in provinces with lower supply.
>>
>>170177464
I'm not that other guy, but I'm really curious on what problems do other multiplayer games have that dominions doesn't.
>>
>>170177719
You have to play at the same time that other people are playing, and act quickly and in a lot of them you even have to talk to other people.
>>
>>170177641
Bad advice. With the extra gold you are paying you could get 1/4 or 1/3 of a new fort, and why on earth would you decide you don't want ONE MORE MAGE?
>>
>>170177772
And people stale all the time or go AI. Geez it's like I'm really playing AoE online!
>>
>>170177772
1) you will lose to nick/malakal if you are new
2) you literally have to talk to other people unless you dont like winning
But yes, I love about dominions that I can think as slowly as I want and redo turns several times. This game is so based for slow thinkers like me
>>
>>170177928
It's a choice between forts that stand up to prolonged sieges and forts that are basically nothing but recruitment centers. Also if you're a nation with high resource troops or if you have good scales you will get a long term benefit which costs only one turn.
Think of it as the equivalent of building roads: it's not really necessary to win, and it's not useful in the short term but the long term strategic benefits are big enough to make it worth considering if you're running a surplus.

Yes, if you are super autistic you can do the math and work out the overall cost of a wasted turn, but honestly, if you're in a position where a single mage will decide the course of the game, this is the least of your worries.
>>
>>170178363
It's not one mage but like 10. Or do you only buile one fort in all your games? 10 more mages can literally make you win a fight. If you are losing it wont matter, but if you are either in an okay position or winning, there is no reason for wanting to have 10 less mages.

If you are in a really position, for example if you own 3 provinces and your cap and a throne and you want to stay in the game for longer or keep the throne to avoid a throne rush, I could see expensive forts being useful. But again, only in a situation where you are so fuckes that extra mages wont make a difference.
>>
>>170179190
This, desu.
If you are in a situation where 5 mages more wont make a difference, then you are really fucked.
>>
I'm trying to shill this game, but nobody wants to play it with me because it's expensive as fuck.

How do you set up pirated multiplayer? I heard that it's possible if you somehow use "hotseat" multiplayer over the internet.
>>
>>170179654

There's no current pirate version. There's never been a functional crack, the "Pirate version" was a legit copy someone bought and shared.

This said, if you set up your Dom4 userdata folder on Dropbox and get it syncing and whatnot, you can send people your copy of the game, and "hotseat multiplayer" that way.
>>
>>170179190
A strong fort can buy several turns of siege time before it gets stormed. That means mage recruitment across all of your forts which can potentially teleport in for a crucial battle. It's really a decision to make on a case-by-case basis. I only buy expensive forts when I'm already ahead and I want some insurance on my lead, and only where they will make a real difference - no point in building one far away from a the border, if it gets besieged you're probably already fucked.

>>170179654
Disabling cheat detection lets you use the same CD-key multiple times iirc, I used this back in Dom 3 when I was a broke student. The real problem is that the pirated version has no updates, so it won't work with current copies of the game.
>>
>>170176196
It's a debated topic around here and I think the ultimate advice is It depends, as usual.

Without going into the nittygriddy of specific nation needs, there are some basic points to a fort that applies to all nations
1. choke points - consider this for enemies that try to invade your lands and cannot gain income from them because there is a fort standing in the way
2. defense - cheaper forts have smaller defense which leads to a smaller "cushion" of defenders before enemies can storm your fort. A bigger cushion of defense allows for more breathing space to put troops in before the enemy starts snowballing on there.
3. recruitment - an extra fort is where you can recruit more troops. a staple need for every nation no matter who you are (this is definitely the most important point, ignore the 3rd placement as precedence)
4. protecting high value provinces - thrones, provinces with alot of sites, certain recruitment (amazons, druids, etc).
5. income collection - if your provinces are not connected to a fort you will not receive income (I'm pretty sure). Simple, but very necessary for your nation at all time.
6. Income increase - administration, which comes from your fort, adds to more income. That's why forts are some of the best income investments rather than armies that sit there and eat up your upkeep.

I'm no expert, but those points seems to be pretty universal with all nations. Now there are some nations that ALWAYS builds fort over soldiers or visa versa, but that kind of decision is up to you.
>>
>>170179654
>I heard that it's possible if you somehow use "hotseat" multiplayer over the internet.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=541732921
>>
dude, slow the fucking down
I can barely make my turns in time

what about permanently make the turns take longer huh
>>
Skeleton War, attempt number 7, soon.
>>
>>170180869
No.
>>
>>170176196
IT DEPENDS.

>cheap palisades/forts or more expensive forts
less money required AND the fort comes up sooner( you can recruit mages from it sooner and it's one less turn worrying about it getting attacked during construction) VS more defense in case of siege so you have more time to react.
my quickhand rule would be to build the cheapest if it's in a safe spot, build an expensive one on thrones or far away important provinces that would take me many turns to react and defend, build the cheapest that isn't a palisade ( way too shitty) otherwise.
note that expensive forts get a part of their gold cost back in admin bonuses revenue.

>I heard "plain"-type provinces can also earn you quite a lot with a fort.
fort's admin value increase the income of that province, so province with lot of population are a good place for fort.
i haven't done the math ( look up the manual if you want to) but it's a minor effect and i suppose it's not worth upgrading the fort to gain gold; i just look at it as a "you get a bit of the cost of fort and upgrades back after several turns".

>fort placement
it depends.
for nations that are not looking to keep repeat recruitment of resource heavy troops for 10 turns in a row it's ok to build clustered forts, that's for sure.
forts on thrones are necessary, high income, good gem gain provinces, chokepoints, provinces with many connections, hyperlink provinces ( pr.s. that connect to far away pr.s,) are also good targets for thrones.
i think you need to consider highly how many turns it would take you to defend/react for a war from/start a war from a certain forted/unforted province when placing them, with that in mind having forts on borders might be either really good or really bad depending on your and enemy nations.
>>
>>170177464
>doesn't have the problems that most multiplayer games do
So there's no ERP in Dominions? Fuck that.
>>
>>170182605
I said problems.
>>
>>170182797
According to some, it's a problem.

What about hate mail, though?
>>
>>170183861
I haven't encountered it.
>>
>>170183886
So there's no shit talk?
>>
>>170184073
Only a bit of friendly banter on occasion.
>>
>>170184073
There's both shittalk and ERP, but you have to join elite prestige club games for it.
>>
>>170183861

Someone post the Caelum C'tis diplomacy.
>>
>>170170347
If the single player turns didnt start taking increasingly long amounts of time to process I think I'd play it more.
>>
File: Caelum-C'tis diplomacy.jpg (2MB, 1800x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Caelum-C'tis diplomacy.jpg
2MB, 1800x6000px
>>170184349
>>
>>170184716
What.
WHAT.
>>
File: 4357658325235347453.jpg (684KB, 928x2128px) Image search: [Google]
4357658325235347453.jpg
684KB, 928x2128px
We postin autism now?
>>
File: 123236573241.jpg (492KB, 1800x932px) Image search: [Google]
123236573241.jpg
492KB, 1800x932px
i have some
>>
>>170184716
>>170185029
>>170185159
As expected from Dominions. Even the trash talk is top tier.
>>
>>170185029
>He-Bo and his sons REMOVE ELF...
holy shit
>>
>>170185029
>>170185159
I've seen the Caelum one before, but these are new to me.
>>
Where's the option on the poll to extend skeleton wars for a couple months?
>>
>>170188784
That would be...

...spooky.
>>
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ElfingAround

Shilling for this game. Every unit has stealthy 65 and glamour. Including indies, so every expansion is blind expansion!
>>
Also for this game which is just an absolutely normal EA game
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=FastTurnsAtSnerdrynHigh
>>
File: 24 - Thumbs Down.jpg (49KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
24 - Thumbs Down.jpg
49KB, 512x288px
>>170189713
>Mictlan and Xibalba already taken

Sorry friendo, but I only play AMERICAN nations
>>
>>170189869
>24
...do you have a Bandit Keith folder?
>>
>>170189993
>not having a Bandit Keith folder
Do you even America?
>>
>>170189520
Fuck off el*
>>
>>170174976

I'll send you an in-game message this turn, my man.
>>
>>170189520
>still no ermor
>>
File: Niefelheim Research.jpg (147KB, 1645x372px) Image search: [Google]
Niefelheim Research.jpg
147KB, 1645x372px
I fucked up my last game a EA Niefelheim and I'd like to try again.

So as far as research goes I'll be mostly following this and after I hit those goals try to get good spells for communions.

So basically:
>expand using small bands of giants
>sitesearch like crazy
>rush revenants and start summoning them
>try to overrun some player as soon as I run out of indies
>set up some basic bloodhunting in a way that won't hurt my income too much, in preparation for turbo communions
>try to grab Mother Oak if you have no competition for it
>get skratti thugs online and start summoning brood of gram
>get some Niefel Jarl SCs
>once you are comfortable with research start summoning draug
>stop recruiting Niefel Giants inf favour of more casters? (you should be reaching bankrupcy otherwise)
>hopefully summons/skratti thugs/turbo communions/Jarls/leftover Giants/Draug can deal with anything
>eventually add blood summons/spells to the mix
Did I forget anything obvious?

Also a bunch of things I wasn't sure about.
>Transformation
Some people recommended it for me, but it seemed to be in direct competition with Brood of Gram. Also you have way too much Gygjas at this point.
>research
Had trouble to find the sweet spot at which you stop summoning Revenants and mass deploy your Gygjas. Wasn't sure about the setups either (smaller grooups with only Skratti slaves and bigger ones with something like 8?) or what to cast.
>Forts
I had 4 forts early, but I ran mage recruitment at like half the capacity. I guess you can manage with fewer (2-3) and just cap additional forts from other players?
>Pretender
Wasn't quite sure about that full double bless, but I guess it's you best bet, even when your income will suck. Previous build had only one growth scale and 2 magic scales. I think I may drop the magic scales and get growth to 3 for much needed income and bloodhunting. It seemed like I hit most research goes very quickly and just ended up researching a lot of luxury stuff.
>>
>>170196417
your wish is my command
>>
>>170197981
Which double bless did you take?
>>
>>170199597
N9E9
>>
>>170197981
>Transformation
Don't use it. It competes with brood, yes, and more importantly items. Nature gems are likely going to be the limiting factor in terms of how many skratti thugs you can use
>Had trouble to find the sweet spot at which you stop summoning Revenants and mass deploy your Gygjas. Wasn't sure about the setups either (smaller grooups with only Skratti slaves and bigger ones with something like 8?) or what to cast.
2 Skratti slaves can support 10 gygja masters, more if you use enlarge and/or shrouds
>>170197981
>I guess you can manage with fewer (2-3) and just cap additional forts from other players?
Nah. Gold cap is a real thing, but running out of gold at only 3 forts is weird, especially for a nation with such a strong early game and lossless expansion
>I think I may drop the magic scales and get growth to 3 for much needed income and bloodhunting
Growth 3 is the first scale you take, so yes, that's a good swap

>>170199597
I assume E9N9. It's a good bless for niefel.
>>
>>170199670
>>170199718
Is N9B9 any good on them? Reinvigoration on commanders can come from items.
>>
>>170199775
Not really. Your sacreds are too expensive, and their individual HP is high enough that evo isn't a great answer to them anyways.

The strength bonus is normally a big part of the B bless for human sized dudes, but giants already one shot humans while having very low attack density

E9 is special in that the added prot and reduced crit makes the difference between giants taking attrition and having no losses at all or winning v losing the fight.

The reinvigoration is definitely a thing for your sacreds not building up crits against them during long fights and thug/SCing, and your sacreds are required to last for a while in a fight given their low attack density and reliance on their aura. Ex is almost as big as N9.
>>
>>170199718
>Nature gems are likely going to be the limiting factor in terms of how many skratti thugs you can use
That's true. I ran much less Skratti then I would have liked.
>Nah. Gold cap is a real thing, but running out of gold at only 3 forts is weird, especially for a nation with such a strong early game and lossless expansion
No, I had 4 forts. At the beginning/occasionally later on I had all of them recruiting mages, but at times 1-2 of them were not getting any mages.
I think I wasn't agressive/decisive enough early on (I usually play lategame nations) which caused a cycle of stagnation.

>>170199775
It's not just the reinvigorations.
The extra armor makes niefel giants super effective early one, since nothing will be able to hurt them, sparing them from afflictions/actual losses.
Jotun Wolfs can really use that extra armor and so can Skratti.
Reinvigoration make Skratti perfect communion slaves, coupled with their high regen.
>>
>>170200330
>I think I wasn't agressive/decisive enough early on (I usually play lategame nations) which caused a cycle of stagnation.
Passive play is a pretty big problem for some reason. I think it's partially the roleplay element of the game, and partly risk aversion since while you're losing relative to other players, it's harder to see that than to see losses. Not saying this is a thing for you, just in general I've noticed that people in every community tend to be suboptimally passive.

>Reinvigoration make Skratti perfect communion slaves, coupled with their high regen.
Reinvig actually doesn't matter for skratti batteries. They're designed to be stable when they lose HP.
>>
>>170199718
Also is Sloth 3 doable?
Sloth 2 worked fine and I rarely recruited them at full capacity anyway.
>>
>>170200601
It's map dependent. On the hex maps you can take sloth 3 very safely, on Leaking Lands for instance you can't since your cap is probably going to have only 3 connections.
>>
>>170200595
>Reinvig actually doesn't matter for skratti batteries. They're designed to be stable when they lose HP.
I have no experience with them practically, but it feel like an additional safety net from having them get killed by your mages going full retard.
>>
>>170200763
The point of a turbocom is that they last 5ever. Your mages each deal a point of damage when they cast, and you regen as much as you have masters. They're actually much safer than regular communions. They only really mess up when one of the slaves gets sniped.
>>
>>170200742
I don't feel like I can find the points for it, unless I take something like Drain 1.
>>
File: Off.png (296KB, 494x445px) Image search: [Google]
Off.png
296KB, 494x445px
>>170200923
Yeah, it's hard.
>>
>>170201535
>drain
>on a nation that already suffers from bad research
Take order 0, cold 3 and magic 0
>>
>>170201535
How does sub-cold 3 work with Niefel's cold dom spread thing?
>>
>>170201871
It suffers from bad research because it's gold capped. Drain is a 6.7% research dip, and 5% income is more versatile in its usefulness.

Cold 2 is a 5% income drop 3/4 of the year, Order reduction is a 5% income drop year round.

Take your bad advice and go.
>>
>>170201535
Huh, I tend to run turmoil 3 magic 3 on niefelheim. Makes revenants better, and is the ideal scales for hidden in snow - the best water dump Niefel is likely to have unless theres an Oceania wanting to trade water for nature 1 for 1.
>>
>>170202185
Totally viable if you also run Luck 3 somehow.
>>
>>170202037
Drain is a HUGE drop in revenants research, and taking cold 2 on a nation with ice protection 2, and ice power, is terminal retardation.
>>
File: WRisDeadInside.png (131KB, 422x508px) Image search: [Google]
WRisDeadInside.png
131KB, 422x508px
>>170202350
>he fights inside his Dominion with a double bless
>>
>abysia went AI in DSDS2
wew lad
>>
>>170202460
>>170202350
The revenant thing is a good point, though. Not sure how that research hit compares to the income reduction, though, since nief is always so starved for gold
>>
File: 20170306000938_1.jpg (273KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170306000938_1.jpg
273KB, 1680x1050px
>>170201535
I tested sloth 3 and it work fine, even if you have a cap with only 3 connections.
I really would like to take S2 on that pretender, but it means dropping your dom to 4, which I kinda dislike. So it's either dom 5 or S2.
>>
>>170203142
Why do your god look like an oversized sex toy?
>>
>>170203416
You should buy better sex toys.
>>
Thoughts on moving to a tiny map and starting with these players? http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ElfingAround
>>
>>170203606
I'm okay with it.
>>
>>170203416
A wizard's staff has a knob on the end. That's a rock, not a cock
>>
>>170202657
>170202657

wtf what a piece of shit
>>
I know it's dumb, but I just like watching the AI, is there any mod or debug mode that will just let me change the seasons and look around at all the battles and standing armies as a spectator instead of being an actual player?
>>
>>170205996
Can't you spectate in Dominions 4? I used to do it in Red Alert to get asleep.
>>
>>170206247
wont let me start game without human player.
>>
>>170205996
Mod in a map and a nation that starts with Eyes of God?
>>
>>170206653
How would you set it up, a province completely shut off from the rest and the nation with eyes of god, what would be the full set up.
>>
>>170206881
Something like that. A province completely cut off, eyes of god for free, and maybe events-100% in your dominion or something.
>>
>>170206976
If you want to see battles, you need scouts.

>>170205996
I believe this is the mod
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3ubziqppdaaax0/observers.zip?dl=0
You'll still need a safe place to put the observer, but that's relatively easy to do.
>>
File: Ermor posters.jpg (478KB, 1170x780px) Image search: [Google]
Ermor posters.jpg
478KB, 1170x780px
>>
Can Battlefield wide enchantments stack?

A guide I was reading kept saying Curse of Stones x3 over and over again as part of a fatigue strat.
>>
>>170212209
It's not a battlefield enchantment. It's a spell with AoE: Everything.

Certain battlefield enchants can be cast by each side, like Storm, but the precision mallus doesn't stack.
>>
>>170212656
Ah, duh. Does it stack though? The manual doesn't state that it does
>>
>>170214498
The effect doesn't stack, but it's MRN so multiple casts help apply it to more people
>>
>>170185159
This is glorious. Next RP i'm gonna pull one like this. My current RP has too many untalky wizards
>>
File: 259060_20170305184629_1.png (243KB, 723x464px) Image search: [Google]
259060_20170305184629_1.png
243KB, 723x464px
Going to be playing my first Marverni game against friends .

Was wondering what you thought of this Pretender. Was going to go for forts/labs every turn for Stargazer spam, then direct to Power of the Spheres and Stellar Cascades spam. Utilizing tones of chainmail nobels and javelins.

Was thinking of possibly going lesser on Dom to raise up Astral to make it easier to make high level items supposing it gets to late game.

Archer spam seems like it will shit on me, but with 3 minor blesses, all of which are cheap to get with the monolith, I can at least transition into Boar Mothers for mid game tramples.
>>
File: Marv.png (311KB, 484x442px) Image search: [Google]
Marv.png
311KB, 484x442px
>>170221532
I'd do this. You don't need too much Prod, I think, but a bless would be good for communions and freespawn boars. Magic 2 is enough to give anything in your dominion a MR malus, good enough for mindhunting.
>>
>>170221825
How bad is Mis3? With all the stargazers, bad events should get cast out relatively regularly. I've heard YouTubers say that Mis3 is where the really terrible shit is though, and some of those events can break you. That could get me to Mag3.
>>
>>170222198
Not worth it for Magic 3 I'd say. But I could be wrong.
>>
>>170222198
>>170222246
In addition to province attacks, no gem events, and more other generically bad garbage, it straight up gives less income than O2 Mis 2. Never worth
>>
>>170221825
>but a bless would be good for communions and freespawn boars
boars yeah for some HP. Communions no, because Marv doesn't do turbo coms at all and doesn't even use sacred com slaves
>>
>>170221532
>>170221825
Both wrong

N9B9 Black Bull
>>
>>170226712
Wrongo my friend. B9 fountaign.

[Spoiler]I would miss n9 golems tho
>>
File: elf.gif (3MB, 406x282px) Image search: [Google]
elf.gif
3MB, 406x282px
How would you make TNN more interesting? Do they need to be?
>>
File: Death to elves.png (24KB, 451x133px) Image search: [Google]
Death to elves.png
24KB, 451x133px
>>170230675
Is that elf smoking from a bong?
>>
File: Elves.jpg (49KB, 777x142px) Image search: [Google]
Elves.jpg
49KB, 777x142px
>>170230675
That's fucking disgusting.
>>
File: help.gif (2MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
help.gif
2MB, 400x267px
>nearly 500 hours
>still don't know how to script and place armies properly
>>
>>170231803
>20 hours in
>just figured that items were totally useless
>/domg/ says they aren't
>sometimes
>it depends
I PREFER DARK SOULS
AT LEAST I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING
>>
>>170232374
Most items are pretty useless, except for boosters and and thug stuff.
>>
>>170197981
overrun earlier
>>
>>170232374
>>170232546
it depends. Any item can become useful under the right conditions.
>>
>>170232985
Yeah but aside from those, the conditions are very rare.
>>
>>170233040

The rarity of the conditions depend
>>
>>170232374
Magic Boosters can often be worth the trek in research to get them as early as year 1. Some nations need to make quills in order for them to match others in early research. If there are no other water nations, ones that can get you into the water can jump-start an economy with more provience income.

I found a Fenrir's Coat on my second expansion last game. The ability to bring in wolves made it dumb easy to expand.

Magics decked out in robes of invulnerability are hilariously strong against chaff. It goes on and on. There really are only like 20 or so items you need to keep in mind. I always reference this: http://www.moddb.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/dom4-magic-path-booster-guide-by-telos

But yeah...
>It depends
>>
Is it worth to buy this game only for the single player?
>>
>>170233204
It'll give you a solid 40-200 hours of fun for single player. Once you figure out how the computer "thinks" though and some general efficiency, beating them is fairly routine and easy.

Human players: using deception, lying, solid focused strategies and subterfuge are were the game is at. The AI doesn't really know how to utilize these.
>>
>>170232985
>>170233162
>It depends
I fucking hate this meme.

Especially since it makes complete sense for items to be good in a specific context.
>>
>>170233204
No, unless you are very autistic.
>>
>>170233418
>the AI doesn't know how to lie
Good. I fucking hate Civilizations VI because the AI in it is a massive piece of shit.
>hey can I send my units through your territory?
>okay
>oi vey surprise attack time lol
>>
>>170176196
>I heard "plain"-type provinces can also earn you quite a lot with a fort.
It's basically irrelevant.

High-income provinces ARE worth forting, but because it makes them much harder to capture rather than because of any income boost.
>>
>>170235873
Forts increase gold by admin value / 2 %. This means that it's preferentially worth forting higher gold provinces.
>>
>>170236314
If you're very lucky, you might get 20 gold per turn more than an average province.

That's not worth even considering compared to resources and strategic positioning.
>>
>>170236526
It depends on era. You can have 200+ gold provinces in LA. When you're playing a mage nation where you just need more mages out, you can preferentially fort those provinces for that bit of extra money. You're right that if I have a juicy crossbow province or somesuch that can definitely be worth forting first, but if I just need another national recruitment center for my mages I'll fort the farm first.
>>
>>170236645
A 200 gold province, apart from being quite a lucky find even in LA, is only really about 120 gold above LA average (probably less - even swamps are often 50g in LA). Multiply the difference by the fort admin/2 (let's say citadel, so 17.5%), and you're making just about exactly what I said you would.

>if I just need another national recruitment center for my mages I'll fort the farm first.
I'd probably do so too, but 20 gold per turn wouldn't even come into it.
>>
Breaking news, Machakans became covered in salt after stepping into the ocean.
>>
>>170237809
Explain further
>>
>>170232374
anything that protects or empower mages can be worth it under the right curcimstances.

anything that summons extra units is worth it to assasin/counter assasin or just bring extra power to battle.

anything that makes units fight better is bad unless you can make a single super commander able to take small mageless armies on his own, and you gotta watch out for the gem cost of the gear.
>>
Does anyone else just find themselves starting a new nation and then playing the first 24 turns or so against the AI, deleting the game, and then starting over?

MP games move so slow, when wars break out against the AI its easy, and expansion is seemingly the most fun I have playing this.

I do love around turn 15 in MP games though...
>>
>>170237480
2 extra dudes a turn is pretty good, and 20g is like that except more versatile. It's a micro efficiency, but little things can add up.
>>
>>170240045

Ah, but bear in mind you're also PAYING more and taking one more turn to build that better fort. It might be a while before you even break even on it.
>>
Are there any graphics packs you guys use to update a few of the models? Either Worthy Heroes or Summod comes with changes for the barbarians I really liked.
>>
>>170246094
I use a purely ASCII graphic pack for extra autism
>>
>>170232374
Most are useless because of price, they waste too many gems on something that may not be worth that much.
>>
>>170240045
Micro-optimizing is bad if you end up ignoring places where you could make major optimizations in the process.

All things equal having a fort on a high income province is better, but you could often easily get double resources by putting it somewhere else, or you could make yourself harder to attack by covering chokepoints and strategic locations, or you could defend a province with high gem income.

Money is the absolute last thing you should be optimizing forts for, and I've never run into a situation where I had to get down to that to decide where to put a fort.

>2 extra dudes a turn is pretty good
20g income isn't two extra dudes per turn for long, because they start costing upkeep (around 2 gold per 3). That's also in around the best case scenario you're likely to find - in most cases the difference in income will be much lower.

>>170245624
He wasn't saying you should build more expensive forts, just you should build the same fort you were already planning, but on a farm so you get marginally more income.

I was the one who brought up citadels, mainly to show how small the income boost from forts is.
>>
How good is B9 monobless Nazca with O3P2C1G3Magic1? More money for more supaya reanimators seems pretty solid to me
>>
>>170230675
Throw in more Irish spirits. Like a flaming guy who puts everyone to sleep with music or a giant who is invulnerable except for a mole on his hand or a witch who gives the entire enemy army menstrual cramps.
>>
>>170248657
Couldn't you be rid of the production and get minor D to make them sturdier?
>>
>>170239954
all strategy games get less exciting after the first turns because you get less surprises and you have to spend more time for less action.
Wars can still be pretty fun in dominions, look up to those.

also
>playing AI
>expecting it to be worth anything after turn 15.
>>
>>170249590
Nah, the prod is for auc runa spearmen to expand bigly. A minor D isn't great
>>
DontStaleDesuSempai3 host. Next time you host something instead of writing a novel on the game description put the links of shit you use etc.
>>
>>170249624
Have you tried human warriors?

At 3 resources each they're quite easy to fill up expansion parties with (also mountain recruit), and you can switch to fliers after you have more resources from your capring.
>>
>>170248657
take f9 it is the best monobless for nascar
>>
>>170250895
Not him but they're all on llama.
>>
>>170185029
>>170185159
Someone post the Yomi snake one
>>
shilling this
EA, summod
6/9 players
>>
join this game please

it will be a terrible time for everyone

>>
i went ai in all my games because i wanted to an hero but here i am, again, looking for a game. god i hate myself
>>
>>170253701
Fuck off
>>
>>170255932
but anon

if everyone is an e*f

then no one is
>>
File: 1481865101084.png (132KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1481865101084.png
132KB, 557x605px
>when your communions routs a bigger communion
>>
>>170257121
>filename not "when your legs are ok"
>>
Not like this
>>
>>170255789
we all share the same struggle anon.
>>
>>170260013
Fuck you, I'm casting Burden of Time on this thread.
>>
>>170255789
But we love you, anon!
Why would you seppuku yourself?
>>
>>170257121
>when you crush a rebellion
>>
Are tomb wyrms worth a bless?
>>
>>170261658
yes. Not because they're good, but because you animate hunnerds of em
>>
>>170261658
Of course. N9B9 is especially strong on them. Just check their MR and health. And you get them for free too.
>>
>>170261748
But anything is good with two full blessings.
>>
>>170262651
Nations without good sacreds aren't.
>>
>>170264027
What do sacred have to do with blessings?
>>
File: 1488010016542.jpg (106KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1488010016542.jpg
106KB, 604x604px
>>170264107
>what do the only units that can be blessed have to do with blessings?
>>
>>170255789

Abysia?
>>
How much fire resist does a thug want to have against abyssian troops? Is 5 enough?
>>
>>170264937
Against the troops, yes. Against the inevitable fire elemental spam, hell fucking no.
>>
I planned to grab one of those Swamp provinces myself, but I guess it's fine.
I'll be taking (39) and (52).
>>
is seeking arrow insta kill or it has a set damage?
>>
>>170265660

The damage is like a regular arrow which is why you should spam them.
>>
>>170265660
Base damage influenced by DRN? Check the manual m8.
Might kill or afflict human hp troops (especially mages). Not very effective against heavily armored or superhuman HP.
>>
>>170265660
It is 8 AN damage with a DRN.

Either use a single one to kill squishy mages maybe, or use a fuckload of them to kill overgeared SCs (15 of them on average kill a Seraph easily, and is way less gems spent that the Seraph was).
>>
File: book spine kino.jpg (479KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
book spine kino.jpg
479KB, 1280x960px
Which era were people happiest in?
>>
>>170270046
The End Time.
>>
>>170270046
EA probably. MA has ermor and asphodel killing everyone just by being nearby and R'lyeh crash landing and enslaving everyone UW, while LA has blood everywhere, lemuria killing everyone by being nearby and R'lyeh making people go crazy while still enslaving people.
>>
>>170270046
For Jomon, it's LA. In EA and MA, they're subjuggated by onis and other shits.
>>
>>170270610
How the fuck did they even get subjugated by bakemono in the first place?
>>
>>170270696

Bakemono are the original inhabitants.
>>
>>170270795
That didnt really help the agarthans or abyssians and those are races that are actually stronger than humans unlike shitty jap goblins.
>>
>>170271117

Yeah but those guys died later. I'm saying at the time of EA the human bandits are recent migrants.
>>
>>170270696
Bakemono can have super human strength and intellect, they just tend towards being tiny dumbasses
>>
>>170271424
What are Bakemono? Is it an entire species like youkais, or is it specific?
>>
>>170272254
Arent they just Japanese versions of goblins like the Vaetti?
>>
>>170274032
The fuck a vaetti?
>>
>>170274082
Nordic goburin
>>
>>170274082
Norse goblins from jotunheim.
>>
>>170274082
lurk more
>>
>>170272254
This maybe?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obake
>>
>>170274116
>>170274152
Oh, nordic bullshit.
>>
>>170265748

It's really fucking not. It's Armour Negating.
>>
>>170265660
It would be insta kill if it was fired from a magical crossbow. Bows and arrows are for fags.
>>
>FastTurnsAtSnerdrynHigh
Do we really want to play on this weird map?
>>
What's the usual strategy for EA Ctis?
>>
>>170278424
Spam skellington.
>>
>>170277948
>the only good map
>weird
>>
Ok, so Lambert says that there's still a way to save the game.

Apparently, all of you should search for a commander named Saoluthi and stop him from ruining the game. I'm not fucking kidding. A single commander casting horde of skeletons is apparently making skeleton wars stale indefinitely. Just let him research or something.
>>
>>170277948
It's not Fast Turns at Hexawyr High, now is it?
>>
hey guys who's the admin of newbaria? Gotta get in contact with him.
>>
>>170278424
horde of skeleton + foul vapors.
>>
File: 5951-silvio-berlusconi-facepalm.png (247KB, 355x336px) Image search: [Google]
5951-silvio-berlusconi-facepalm.png
247KB, 355x336px
>30 hours in the game
>finally understood that blessings only work on sacred units
I'm hesitating between committing sudoku and uninstalling that embarassing game forever.
>>
>>170279407
I found a saoluthi, but he's a mound king, so I don't think he's spamming anything.

None of my dusk elders are named that though - or spectators.
>>
>>170280576
Apparently, it's a common name for skellingtons. Just make sure he stays out of harm, okay? He's too important.
>>
File: file.png (33KB, 242x96px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
33KB, 242x96px
>>170280534
>30 hours in
I consider myself a mediocre player.
>>
>>170253701
Elf Ctis is in now. Stay out of my swamp.
>>
>>170280134
TNN.
email is [email protected]
>>
die
>>
>>170283261
I will make sure of this.
>>
File: 1483445760944.jpg (89KB, 569x807px) Image search: [Google]
1483445760944.jpg
89KB, 569x807px
>>170284204
>>
File: 1488830714664.jpg (38KB, 492x279px) Image search: [Google]
1488830714664.jpg
38KB, 492x279px
i will make it all stop
>>
>>170287862
>using a CRT monitor
>2011+6
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
>>
>>170280741
I just can't seem to progress in this game. It's like trying to climb a mountain when you can only crawl.
>>
I hate ichtyids!
>>
File: Atlantian Metal Fan.png (175KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
Atlantian Metal Fan.png
175KB, 640x496px
>>170292457
>>
Would /domg/ be interested in 3vs3 disciple game?
Age, map and mods can be easily discussed.
>>
>>170226712
>>170229747
N9 is ar more essential than B9. B9 on boars is fun but as common as an N9 bless is, the odds of someone casting Master Animal Friendship to take advantage of you boars shit MR is very high. But that doesn't make them any less frustrating for your enemies in midgame.

The N9 is just far more valuable as you'll want it on Golems to replace your lack of a National Thug chasis. The B9 is still viable, but the biggest drawback to it is that it limits GoH spam from your mages. Any E2/S1 you have will find a way to hit a boar and kill himself once he goes off script.
>>
File: Stealth 90.png (295KB, 619x380px) Image search: [Google]
Stealth 90.png
295KB, 619x380px
What's the point of an Amulet of Antimagic on a Black Servant holding a Bane Venom Charm?
>>
>>170294245
Wait, golems are sacred?
>>
>>170232546
And research items are only worthwhile if you rush for them earlygame. The benefits last for how long they are used for, so what the fuck is the point of the Con 6 skull mentor? By that midgame point gems should find their way on the battlefield, not helping you get late game magic 0.0001 turns faster.

Don't be too obsessed with boosters, remember if your plan is based around a battlefield spell, remember you can simply use gems to boost your path level exactly 1 point, any more are used for path reduction, and next round you can boost again.

If you are overwhelmed, just autistically base everything around 1 midgame plan: some spells you can cast reliably and cost-effectively. Improvisitation will take experience.
>>
Hey /domg/ tell me everything you know about kurple.
>>
>>170294520
Shroud of the Battle Saint automatically blesses most things that you slap it on. I'm not sure if that actually makes the unit sacred but it will give it your N9.
>>
>>170294763
Ah, that's smart
>>
>>170294520
No but you can give them "Shroud of The Battle Saint" which blesses them as if they were.
>>
>>170294441
MR to counter Mind Hunt to counter the fact theres a stealthy unit lowkey spreading disease in your province
>>
>>170294723
Some random guy who hosts games. Why?
>>
>>170294613
>what's the point of construction 6 research boosters
>he's never seen lanterns
>>
>>170294763
So it's like a free blessing? But can it make units sacred?
>>
>>170295414

Looking for intel.
>>
>>170293956
I'm definitely interested. Don't know that I can give a stronger response than that.
>>
>>170295818
Unlike Crix, he's not a backstabbing cunt.
>>
>>170294763
>>170295816
We can try testing it but I'm 99% sure Shroud doesn't make the unit sacred. It skips that step straight to Blessed. I'm basing this on some testing I did with the Immaculate Shield and the Ark. Immaculate Shield blesses a unit but does not make it sacred and therefore immune to the Ark's effects.
>>
>>170295743
Anyone got the the graph for Abysia's research after const 6?
>>
>>170296147
I didn't even know there was an Ark in Dominions.

Now I want to watch Indiana Jones. Do they even explain in the movie why it kills everyone and how Jones knew how to avoid it?
>>
>>170294818
It's actually very clever because golems do not regenerate with limited regeneration items.

>>170295816
>>170296147
I'm looking at a guy with a shroud now and he's missing the sacred icon. His upkeep is also identical to his non-blessed mundane friends.
>>
>>170284204
>Saoluthi realises that he is but a cog in a machine, a spectator in a meme game where everyone is Ermor, and that he is destined to end up as little more than a skelespammer
>No. He refuses.
>He gathers his magic
>He does not aim at the enemy
>He does not seem to be aiming at anything, in fact
>And yet, he knows exactly what to do
>He reaches through reality, through the machine code that is the fabric of his existence
>Saoluthi casts Decay
>Llamaserver has died of old age
>>
>>170296464
That shroud sounds pretty useful. I guess it's a construction 9 item? All the fun stuff are high levelled. At low level, you only get little shit like a spear who's a bit faster.
>>
>>170296348
It happens twice in the books of Samuel in the hebrew old testament
First god wrecks 70 dudes for looking into it and later he makes a guy explode because he touched it
Guess what book a historian might read that notoriously anti-semitic Nazi's wouldn't
>>
>>170296974
But it's never said in the movie. That part always bothered me.

That, and how did he survive the submarine?
>>
>>170296921
Its construction 4 and only needs S1 and 5 gems.
>>
>>170296921
lol it's like con4 or 6. Read the manual.
>>
>>170296840
One commander who breaks the game in every timeline that he appears in.

Out of spite for his simulated reality, he tears down the walls and kills the universe, resetting the timeline so that he can do it all again. His intention? To punish the demiurges who play with his world like he is a pawn.
>>
>>170297070
I haven't actually seen the movie in ages so I dont remember that part. I dont think its really a big enough problem to be annoyed over, especially when it has an explanation that makes sense.

You should really just assume that if you mess with anything out of the old testament god is going to fuck your shit up.
>>
>>170297426
It just bothers me, because if it wasn't for these two things, the movie would pretty much be perfect.
>>
File: 0cd.jpg (42KB, 591x330px) Image search: [Google]
0cd.jpg
42KB, 591x330px
>>170295743
>>170296167
But for the research to spike the RIGHT after con 6 means you had to hoard fire gems, which means you aren't as powerful on the battlefield, which means you lose out on more throughout the game through attrition (more dps ending the battle quicker and more summons tanking damage, gem boosts to cast higher level spell etc.)

Its sispyhean to spend gems on more research if you dont stop at some point. You could just kill another player and with that money afford upkeep for more mages and have more forts under your control giving you the time and the means to get to 7-9
>>
>>170297972
Nigger, Abysia is literally drowning in fire gems. By the time you get to const 6 you should have plenty of fires in jars of your elementals. For five fire gems you get more research than you get from a 135 gold warlock.
>>
>>170297972
>>170298416
And if you are not Abysia just use other spells. Fire is pretty weak anyway.
>>
>>170297748
He avoids looking directly at the ark.
I believe he even yells "don't look *female co-star*"
>>
I may be one of those scrubs that couldnt expand and got bullied to death
At least I got this
P.S.: Never thought divine channeling was shit, and never try to thug your naked bacab
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-06_21-20-17.png (99KB, 1440x838px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-06_21-20-17.png
99KB, 1440x838px
>>170299335
tru scrubbies forget pic related
>>
>>170299542
You got what you deserved you fucking bastard. Anyone who plays elfs, bats/birds or giants deserve to die
>>
>>170300502
even summod xibalba ?
>>
File: TRIGGERED.gif (12KB, 103x128px) Image search: [Google]
TRIGGERED.gif
12KB, 103x128px
>>170300502
Unrest: 200
>>
>>170300502
Summod Xibalba is still retarded, it's just not 'Could reasonably take on five people at once from turn 20'
>>
>>170300706
Specially summod xibalba
>>
>got all my research goals
>not enough gem income for level 9 research
time to send my entire mage corps to the front

it's all or nothing boys
>>
You think you can stop me just by not allowing me to cast?
>>
Easiest way to take down a Monolith/Watcher Level 3 throne? Everything I send, even if it has lightning resist, gets worn down eventually
>>
>>170305562
Just get an S9 mage with max pen and chain cast master enslave
>>
>>170305562
1 (One) Tartarian with a Ring of Tamed Lightning, an Elemental Armour, and any source of regeneration.

If you have no access to Tartarians, a Golem will probably function just as well, but might require more gear.
>>
>>170306326
>Just
>>
>>170305562
What else does the throne have guarding it? Quickened guys with lightning resist and gate cleavers or smashers should take care of a rock. You can cheese spring hawks by making them auto-rout with someone that's immune to them and doesn't run away (have a spell caster pass out, for example). Other units are trickier.
>>
>>170301216
I find that a shit pretender build, having 2 provinces turn 5, and no bless to be a reasonable balance point for Xibalba.

Just have a retard play the first half year (including pretender creation) and Xibalba is finally balanced.
>>
>>170307458
A bunch of militia and 25 watchers. The monolith is behind the watchers. Its year 3 in my game. Playing EA Ulm
>>
Fuck's sake
>>
Stale thread
>>
>>170299542
I'm a noob here how did you win that battle without half the number of army? What kind of magic and scripting did you use?
>>
>>170313336
Give thugs smashers.
>>
Sandeth is OP. Prove me wrong.
>>
>DSDS3 restart
>my start position is fucking shit now
RESTART
>>
How does one get that "all units are sacred" mod to work?
>>
>>170324263
Like any other mod?

If you want to combine it with summod or ME, just make sure that it's last in the mod order and it'll make the new stuff sacred too
>>
>>170324508
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2337

It's just a text file, though. I don't know how to work with this.
>>
>>170323363
You win some you lose some started somewhere shitty too.
>>
>>170324792
dm files are all text files. Just right click, save as.
>>
File: 1464751220403.jpg (26KB, 387x509px) Image search: [Google]
1464751220403.jpg
26KB, 387x509px
>>170325471
Thanks, anon.
>>
Post your Vanarus builds and why it's the best MA nation
Vanarus is the best MA nation.
>>
File: awake.jpg (134KB, 783x557px) Image search: [Google]
awake.jpg
134KB, 783x557px
>>170328064
Chud Hirdmen are dope.
>>
>>170328359
That looks like a bogarus build

Any reason you take an awake on MA rus? Their expansion seems very strong already
>>
File: dormant.jpg (140KB, 788x561px) Image search: [Google]
dormant.jpg
140KB, 788x561px
>>170328064
Great research.

>>170328445
Sometimes you want to expand even harder.
>>
File: dormant2.jpg (179KB, 781x653px) Image search: [Google]
dormant2.jpg
179KB, 781x653px
>>170328064
Almost full magic diversity.
>>
File: imprisoned.jpg (173KB, 801x663px) Image search: [Google]
imprisoned.jpg
173KB, 801x663px
>>170328064
Lots of crosspaths on recruitable mages.
>>
>>170328720
Why drain?
>>
>>170328769
Sages have incredibly high research already and you're pretty much guaranteed to have the best research in game. Drain1 only owers Sages' research by ~6,7% while allowing you to take a money scale instead (and you need them since Vanarus is very gold-hungry).
>>
>>170328359
E3 is enough for Earth Boots (Vanarus has no recruitable E2s), even if the snek dies. Can probably take a lower dominion, but dom9 expansion is a bit safer.

>>170328493
A4 for Air boosters and Storm Staves for your Storm Demon armies. Earth for Boots. A/E gives you an Elemental Staff. With boosters, he can cast all A, E and N spells.

>>170328617
Air boosters/staves. Astral access and high Death for easy Vampire Lords and Tartarians. Odin is super expensive though, not sure if it's worth it.

>>170328720
Scales build. F3 gives you Flame Helmet with Skull of Fire, A4 for Air boosters/staves.
>>
The odin build fills out all of rus's missing magic, but it's super greedy
>>
>>170320735
H4 priests used Word of Power on my pretender to freeze him and then big blessed units overwhelmed my tower guards. Tower Guards shit on conventional infantry but can't do much against big magical stuff. B9 means that hitting them with crossbows kills the user while N9 makes them impossible to wear-down without overwhelming force, which I didn't have.
>>
>>170331538
It was a cave battle, too. -3 to combat stats is p brutal.
>>
>>170331538
that many crossbows should dick on that few units, though
>>
>>170332994
First few volleys were awkwardly distributed among outlying groups of chaff while the big blessed stuff needs to be hit by a whole pile of damage all at once to die.
>>
File: few units.jpg (30KB, 624x145px) Image search: [Google]
few units.jpg
30KB, 624x145px
>>170332994
>>
>>170333052
>20 good sacreds
>>
File: =).jpg (10KB, 236x254px) Image search: [Google]
=).jpg
10KB, 236x254px
>>170333356
>>
>>170333397
Ramsay the Innovator
>>
File: Dude cast BoT.png (317KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dude cast BoT.png
317KB, 600x500px
>>
>>170335724
Ever think they'll add #ageshape?
>>
>>170335786
>Agartha casting BoT to turn its pale ones into ancient ones
>Polypal Spawn growing into mindblasters
>Some small percentage of Vaetti turn into hags
>>
>>170335875
>Drakes becoming dragons.
>>
>>170336887
Not sure that's a thing
>>
>>170336887
>Demiliches becoming full grown up Liches
>>
>>170337034
More like >Liches decide to sacrifice most of their body for yet more power or >Liches turn into Demiliches after too many times being chopped up
>>
>>170337082
Demiliches are the children of Liches, you fool. When a Lich boy and a Lich girl love each other...
But we can't tell this in a christian image board.
>>
Demiliches are bunnies
>>
>>170337429
You're a bunny, you fucking bitchboi.
>>
>>170305562
1. Thugs with armor negating damage
2. Spam air elementals
3. If its astral is low enough, you can try mind duelling it
>>
>>170294723
he's an actual idiot
>>
>>170294723
He is either a genuine beginner who just likes to host games or an alt
>>
>>170335875
>Atlantians turn into shamblers
>>
File: 259060_20170304205359_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
259060_20170304205359_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Hastati turning into Principes
>Principes turning into Triarii
>>
>>170335875
>Sprites turning into faerie queens
>>
>>170341835

Hoplite/Hypaspist Commanders turning into Strategoi?
>>
>>170335875
>Magma children turning into Magma adults
>>
>>170341835
Wouldn't they just be older Hastati? For them to become actual Principe equivalents they'd need the years of experience that they have, not just the years of raw age.
>>
>>170342413

Fair point. It's legit for atlanteans and pale ones though.
>>
>>170333052
E9N9B9 Sentinels are a massive pain in the ass to counter.

Olathe hosting when?
>>
Autosage.
>>
>>170328617
>>170329582
I was always of the opinion that Odin was such a ridiculously expensive chasis because of the insanely good SC paths on a flying/sailing/stealthy/glamoured unit. Soul Drain alone is good, but early on you can throw mistform with body ethereal for some decent SC lite action till you get access to soul vortex and soul drain. Definitely not the best pretender for larger games where he can't be everywhere at once, but crazy strong in smaller games.
>>
>>170337190
THIS IS A BLUE BOARD ANON MOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>170345808
And he still dies to Magic Duel, if you don't invest a ton of points into S.
>>
File: sex.jpg (32KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
sex.jpg
32KB, 240x180px
>>170337190
>>
>>170335875
Druids turn to Elder Druids instead of turning into old senile useless shits
>>
Wyverns turn into dragons
>>
So EA C'tis is just skelingtons and palisades? There are no Snek waifus?
>>
>>170346987

Snek Waifus are Patala. C'tis just has lizardgirls.
>>
Age of the Mage game when?
>Mod Nations
>Only troops are basic human indies
>Only mage chassis is a slightly stronger human
>Every nation has access to a 2x of all paths and 2? recruit anywhere for cross paths.
>every nation has a5? StR cap only mage, and 3/4? StR recruit anywhere
>Pure skill/strategy of an equal playing field with all the variety of the different magic paths.
>>
Game: FastTurnsAtSnerdrynHigh
Early Age, max 9 players
Players so far: 7

Map: Snerdryn1.1_nostart2
Mods: Worthy Heroes 5.8, Summod 0.77

Nations joined so far:
Mictlan
Yomi
Sauromatia
Xibalba
Marverni
Helheim
Niefelheim

>>
>>170351545
>pure skill
>all the rng of who gets good Indies and good crosspaths
Yeah sure buddy 'skill'
>>
>>170351545

It would be better to offer X2 mage of every type and a 1 path in every path mage to everyone
>>
>>170356118

That immediately just turns into "Who can script the best communions"
>>
>>170356621

Communions suck dick tho why would you bother?
>>
>>170356941
I take it you never played online.
>>
>>170357734

Stop talking out of your ass. Communions are a newb mistake. They rely on a doom ball tactics and thats a waste of resources.
>>
>>170356941
>Communions suck dick
>>
File: 8fdRUG1.jpg (129KB, 523x375px) Image search: [Google]
8fdRUG1.jpg
129KB, 523x375px
>>170356941
>Communions suck dick
>>
>>170358010
>>170358071

I can use two mages as well as you can use 40. Get good.
>>
>>170358128
Where did you get two X9 mages?
>>
>>170356941
>Communion suck dick
>>
>>170358204

Why would you need X9 mages at all?
>>
>>170358128
late game buffs are broken as fuck

you will be hard pressed to reach x5 or x6

and then the mage dies because there's always a counter to your shit
>>
>>170358010
>>170358071
>>170358221
>RoS intensifies
>>
File: pythium vs ashdod 1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pythium vs ashdod 1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>170357734
>>170358010
>>170358071
>>170358204
>>170358221

>communions
>>
>>170358307
Casting a really badass living water or something.
>>
>>170358425
Man, RoS does so much to Gygjas and Skratti.

Or to that golem teleporting in.
>>
File: pythium vs ashdod 2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pythium vs ashdod 2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>170357734
>>170358010
>>170358071
>>170358204
>>170358221
>>170358460

>good
>>
File: Laughing Plutia Mc Teeth.jpg (138KB, 800x547px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Plutia Mc Teeth.jpg
138KB, 800x547px
>>170358460
>internet explorer
>windows media player
>>
>>170358538
Muh counterplay
>>
>>170358460
>>170358617
>one communion got fucked
>all communions are bad
I bet pythium accidentally killed most of their own dudes.
>>
File: DeepDerp.png (161KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
DeepDerp.png
161KB, 1680x1050px
Toppest Kek. Fight was UW btw
>>
>>170358617
There's a huge difference between a communion and a mageblob. And they don't need to overlap either.

4 Comm slaves so big mages can cast their big spells, such as fog warriors, army of foo, mass regen, etc are fine - and often times the only reasonable way certain nations are ever casting those spells. Turbo comms such as >>170359305
are also fine - though for the life of me I'll never know why there were SIX fucking skratti, when FOUR would have worked just as well.

Carting some 60+ mages around is retarded though, communion or not, unless you're in some late memegame shit where 60 mages has long since ceased to mean anything.
>>
>>170358881

Communions are 90% of the time bad because they require you to mass mages in one army rather than use them efficiently.

Plus if you use 2-5 mages you can equip them to survive almost anything.
>>
File: WWE Mictlan vs Midgard.png (973KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WWE Mictlan vs Midgard.png
973KB, 1920x1080px
>>170359651

And this is an example of armies I like using.
>>
>>170359824
I feel like he didn't script Storm+Summon Air elemental x2 on the galderman, followed by repeat army of lead casts.
>>
>>170360071

No because it was turn 5x or 6x, I was way ahead of everyone else in research due to playing Mictlan.
>>
>>170360919
Army of Lead aside, storm + elemental spam should not be at all hard to reach for Midgard and your near total lack of losses would indicate that he didn't. With that many galdermen, he could have very reasonably wiped your ozelittles with FW + RoS spam
>>
>>170361246

The battle lasted one turn. The turn spent setting up a communion.

Time is precious and another reason why communions are inferior.
>>
>>170361661
You don't need a communion to cast Storm.

This is basically pointing to what >>170359651
said - he had a blob of mages that he communioned up for whatever reason, but he used them very poorly. He had the mages there to wreck your army and just didn't have the proper research and/or script to do it.
>>
>>170359651
>though for the life of me I'll never know why there were SIX fucking skratti, when FOUR would have worked just as well.
If you have the spare resources for it, bringing an extra com slave or two to prevent them from getting sniped out and ruining your script entirely can be pretty useful. Given that the fight was UW, it's also possible that some of the skrattir were there as water mages rather than com slaves. Without N9 shrouds or enlarge, you can already support 10 masters, which means that he could have reasonably used 2 skrattir to cast Living Water or some of the big W buffs
>>
Game: DontStaleDesuSenpai2
Turn number 31
Next turn due: 02:27 GMT on Wednesday March 8th

Asphodel Waiting for 2h file
Caelum 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Marignon Waiting for 2h file
Nazca Waiting for 2h file
Ulm Waiting for 2h file

Did I miss something? This seems like a low number of 2h files for the time.
>>
File: Ika Musume what the squid.jpg (51KB, 641x641px) Image search: [Google]
Ika Musume what the squid.jpg
51KB, 641x641px
>>170261658
Wait, what? Tomb wyrms? What unit is this?
>>
>>170362165

LA C'tis national reanimatable.
>>
>>170359305
Stop extending Olathe, Lukas.
>>
>>170363173
More like:
Stop extending Teaching_feeling, Lukas.
>>
File: Tomb Wyrm.png (28KB, 309x391px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Wyrm.png
28KB, 309x391px
>>170362165
>>
>>170358460
>>170358617
>deathballing is bad
Okay?
What about communions though?
>>
>>170363781
THEY AITE
>>
You can have those other indies too C'tis.
Wrote you a message ingame.
>>
>>170363885
Thanks
>>
Wave Warriors are surprisingly good
>>
Are you fuckers not capable of keeping one (1) thread alive?
>>
>>170371854
i'm too busy playing not ded games
>>
Dragon master affects Tarrasque too right ?
>>
>>170371854
I'm to busy making out with my girlfriend(naga)
>>
>>170369201
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>surprisingly

okay, now me:
Fog warriors is surprisingly good!
>>
>>170371854
To busy being angry at Raibow Six Siege.
I'm almost enjoying my anger.
>>
>>170372919
My turn!
Communions are surprisingly bad!
>>
>>170372981
>>170359305

Surprise Surprise mothafucka
>>
>>170372919
Why whats so obviously good about wave warriors?
>>
shill

>>
>>170373290
Because Liquid body is usually better than Mistform in SCs, Wave warriors is better than Fog warriors. I mean the buff itself, but sadly Wave warriors won't target ALL your army, which makes it slightly worse but still really good
>>
File: Wave Warirors.png (36KB, 309x458px) Image search: [Google]
Wave Warirors.png
36KB, 309x458px
>>170375994
Oh. I thought he meant these guys.
>>
everyone declare war on UW team in Teaching_Feeling so we can get Lukas to stop constantly postponing needlessly
>>
>>170376791
Team skelly detected.
>>
>>170376874
>>170376874
are they getting attacked by UW team? Huh. UW team might be threat #2 after Aspho Nazca is removed
>>
>>170377002
Isnt jotunheim and mictlan still around?
>>
>>170377391
Scouts say yes, but not for very much longer. Nazca could have solo'd both of them easy
>>
>>170377514
Fucking birds. At least malakal is getting it.
>>
Reading through the manual, and was surprised to see it say that damage is calculated for all missile weapons the same way that melee weapons are.

This seems to suggest that using STR buffs on your archers, especially if massed, is a really good idea.

Am I right in this?
>>
>>170377643
Birds are doing fuckall from what I can see. Spookbirds are truly spooky though
>>
>>170377678
The manual is severely outdated. Be careful with the informations contained in it.
>>
>>170377678
Strength not added to damage for any missile weapon

Or most of them at least
>>
>>170377920
I think he meant for javelins, and rocks. But yeah nothing else adds strength to shot ranged weapons.
>>
When it says FastTurnsAtSnerdyn...how fast?
>>
Is archer damage just the dmg value of the projectile + a DRN then? How do they calculate it?
>>
Well I just got domkilled. I got hilariously fucked in this game, and I think I may have sent the wrong message to someone at some point. Expansion went poorly, sitesearching was poor, no forests to fuel research and fighting Ulm right when they reached good battle magic goals while I had hit conj 4 right as I started fighting him
>>
>>170379226
Yeah, this game pretty much devolved into Ulm/Mari world.

I'm trying desperately to claw myself back into relevancy, but really my survival is only garunteed because the thrones Mari needs to win can only really be contested by Ulm.
>>
>>170378997
It's a normal game, just with admin turnbullying
>>
>>170379820
My prediction is that Mari will lose that war. He's tanked his scales for flag bless, while Ulm has money and better mages
>>
>>170376602
I did.

I say that they're surprisingly good because their stats look pretty bad - high res, high gold, middling prot, and human HP. However, their above average morale and MR can be handy, and tridents are amazing weapons. They're definitely not comparable to actually good units, like steel waifus or sosuch, but they beat atlanteans.
>>
>>170380615

How are tridents amazing weapons?
>>
>>170380991
High length, high damage
>>
>>170376602
>>170380615
Oh shit, forget whatever I said. I thought you meant the spell, which is great.
>>
>>170381354
I like it too, yeah. Even with their low hp, it can definitely be worthwhile to cast Wave Warriors on your Wave Warriors.
>>
Are there any good videos that focus on blood nations? I know what to do in theory but I would like to see it in practice. There is that one guy that has lets play lanka but he is pretty bad.
>>
>>170381110

On that line, are Shark Tribe Tritons any good as recruitables?
>>
>>170385173
Shark Tribe are nasty fuckers. Fragile but nasty.
>>
>>170385526

They must be pretty nice with some Wooden Warriors at least. Too bad there's no commander that lets you bring underwater units on the surface instead.
>>
>>170384509
Doesn't Maerlande have a good Mictlan LP?
>>
>>170379105
>Is archer damage just the dmg value of the projectile + a DRN then? How do they calculate it?

bow damage + 2d6 open ended.
since it's piercing damage enemy's protection get cut by 20%, but i nerver understood if it's before or after adding 2d6 to enemy armor.
unlike most weapons, bows weapons don't increase their damage with strength.
>>
>>170379226
yeah i was surprised at how bad you menaged to expand, but man did quite bad too due to bad throe placement and Sceleria had the worst capital start of the map. i am sorry you didn't get to do your thing, but that's what Ulm rushing does to everyone.
>>
>>170385659
>Too bad there's no commander that lets you bring underwater units on the surface instead.
You've summed up the biggest problem with UW nations in one easy sentence.
>>
>>170385659
>>170386125
>spell that lets everyone in the world go under water
>no spell that lets everyone come out of the water
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
how to properly use hurricane ritual?
>>
>>170386313

>New idea for Magic Enhanced: drown the world, only mountain regions keep their pop, UW units can go on land except for mountains, 9999 water gems
>>
>>170386668
Spam it on a capital to shut down recruitment
>>
If someone has cast a global, lets say one of the gem gens. For me to cast it would I need to dispel his first or if I use more gems than him mine will win?
>>
>>170386668
Spin around really fast with your laptop in held close to your chest.
>>
>>170387226
Using more gems or a stronger dude to cast it should knock his off.
>>
>>170387447
Are you a bad enough dude to shake a global off?
>>
>>170386918
how many per turn?

>>170387228
okdokay
>>
>>170387679

About two fiddy.
>>
>>170387613
There should be a global where ninjas kidnap commanders.
>>
>>170388971
You should be able to make prisoners and torture them to your side.
>>
>>170389281
The Looming Hell sort of does that.
>>
>>170389589
>look for it in the inspector
>"Devils will appear in the dreams of some unfortunate enemies whenever they try to sleep. These Devils, through various threats, will try to persuade their victims to sell their souls and join in the killing of their own commander. The strength of the threats depends on the strength of the God's Dominion, but extreme courage is always required to defy the Devils. The Devils are totally powerless if they are unable to persuade any victims, which may well happen should the enemy commander be more feared than they are."
I'd like to meet someone who's more feared than devils.
>>
>>170355648
I'm sorry let me rephrase that, what I meant was that every fort would recruit: militia, light/heavy infantry, archers and maybe villains. So basically just those guys. Or are you referring to who would get better indies in expansion like amazons and what not?? Because they would need to go. Just humans everywhere, and very boring world except magic.
>>
>>170390060
Basalt Kings, Niefel Jarls, Ba'als, bane/wraith lords maybe, possibly witch kings. lots of things out there scarier than devils.
>>
Reading the manual, and it says something interesting : gold isn't coins, but actually pounds. You're actually paying with pounds of gold.
>>
>>170392275
Who the fuck pays five pounds of gold for a markata?
>>
>>170392829
I think it's supposed to represent not just the unit's paycheck (which is upkeep), but the initial training costs.

I'm not sure how the fuck it costs pounds of gold to "train" a markata, but there ya go.
>>
>>170392829
I guess you have to pay officials.
Local nobles would probably groan and moan if they learn that some guy is hiring warriors.
>>
>>170392275
This is also referenced when you don't have enough gold to complete constructions.
>>
>>170393425
>>170393231
5 pounds of gold is apparently worth $88,817.13.
>>
>>170394050
Well, to be fair, you hire them until they die of old age, unlike normal soldiers who're hired until they retire.

For all we know, all the gold you pay isn't to pay them but to murder their family and make sure they never rebel.
>>
File: BoT.png (198KB, 890x802px) Image search: [Google]
BoT.png
198KB, 890x802px
>>170377787
I'm pretty sure the only real problem are the skelemen spreading their deadly dominion, only cancer dominion in the game as it is. It's only a matter of time until all the lands surrounding Ermor and Sceleria are as dead and empty as their souls.
>>
>>170394882
Not like you ever need much of a reason to remove ermor.
>>

Snerdryn needs 9 players
>>
>>170400159
but if we start with 7, we might get out turns... FASTER
>>
>>170400285
A compelling argument.

If we don't fill up by tomorrow morning, I'll just start the game
>>
>>170394220
Besides how else would you explain the ever infinite supply of gold coming random rural provinces of no where? Or the fact that a peasant population of 100 people somehow provides 5 pounds of gold within a month? What are they retro-jews?
>>
>>170400159
I'll join gimme a sec to make a pretender
>>
>>170402024
Good.

If we get one more, we can start tonight, then inevitably need to restart when one of the people that joined many moons ago fails to submit their turn
>>
>decide to start taking down notes for my games
>write down the bless of one nation

What kind of things should be included in notes?
>>
>>170404164
good start. I was actually the one who suggested in the thread for people to write down notes in a notepad or something in each game folder so you don't forget details.

Another thing you can do is take screenshots and make a "pics" folder for each game and put significant things in there incase you forget. I like to put picks of formations or anything important in there sometimes for games that I actually try hard on.

I write down what I did for each turn if it was significant like:
-who I owe gems to and how much
-who I diploed and what i said
-who is trying to diplo me and what they said
-if there is a significant action that needs to be done within a couple of turns I write that down to remember to do it next turn.
-current wars and enemy army sizes/general location

you can add whatever you feel that is important, like if there is a SC in the enemy army, what spells they research and are using etc.
>>
File: Micro Hell.png (255KB, 795x301px) Image search: [Google]
Micro Hell.png
255KB, 795x301px
I don't take notes.

On the other hand, I also don't play in 20+ games or whatever in which that'd be necessary.
>>
>>170402024
still 7/9
>>
>>170411901
Can you remember enemy minor blesses a few weeks later?
>>
>>170413384
Usually, yeah. I can still tell you most of the blesses from the games I've finished too.
>>
>>170413660
Well, finished recently I should say. I can't remember all the hundreds of nations from among all my games or anything aside from major blesses.
>>
What do you consider a "good" expansion phase?

By the end of year 1, I'm assuming 13-16 provinces, at least 1 more fort with a lab and temple, another fort on the way. This is of course assuming we do not have an awake pretender
>>
>>170414317
I tend towards early game builds, and consider reliably hitting 20 provinces in testing to be required before I'll use a build in MP.
>>
>>170414673
20 seems like it would be relatively easy with a really strong awake expander. Especially if it could go in the water.

I've been playing nations that don't really use a bless and trying to see how to stymie the indies as much as possible using shield and arrow tactics mostly. I can reliably hit 16 or so assuming I don't run into another nations borders early.

I still feel like it isn't enough though, and you are spread really thin.
>>
>>170414817
If my nation doesn't need a bless and it's not something like Lemuria, I'm taking an awake unless I have a very, very good reason not to.
>>
>>170414910
Makes sense. I've been playing around with EA Ulm and going for a rainbow for booster forging, seeing as the nationals have problems getting out of the level 1-2 category. That and for scales. I'm beginning to lean toward the idea that an awake would suit them a lot better though, but I feel like they would suffer a lot come mid-late game when no one can cast storm/arrow fend/flaming arrows without an empowerment.
>>
>>170415082
Ulm doesn't need an awake to hit 20+ provs, but I could see an awake being good to snowball given its foreign rec capabilities.
>>
Game: DontStaleDesuSempai3
Turn number 1
Next turn due: 05:02 GMT on Thursday March 9th

Say your nation in the discussion.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/135510378523776607/?tscn=1488389441

This is a medium level game. Noobs, intermediates, and few veterans will be allowed to play. However, I will have to ask everyone to say who you are otherwise too many veterans might join and ruin the power structure.

C'tis 2h file received
Hinnom 2h file received
Kailasa 2h file received
Marverni 2h file received
Niefelheim 2h file received
Tir na n'Og 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Ur 2h file received
Yomi Waiting for 2h file

Last updated at 06:28 GMT on Wednesday March 8th
Current time: 06:28 GM
>>
>>170415082
N4E4A4 keeper of the bridge is the most generic and obvious Ulm pretender possible.

It is also the strongest possible pretender for EA ulm and you should still use it
>>
>>170417407
I like the imprisoned A4S5D5 guy for MAX LATEGAME
>>
>>170377678
There's a #nostr tag on many weapons, including bows, which excludes them from having strength added to damage.

>>170379105
Just the weapon damage (with the standard opposed DRN every damage roll gets). There's no separate projectile damage.

>>170385794
>but i nerver understood if it's before or after adding 2d6 to enemy armor.
Before DRN roll.

>>170380991
Damage on par with 2h weapons, but only takes one hand so you can wear a shield.
>>
yeah, just did an Ulm with an imprisoned dude and prod 1. Hit 22 provs with 2 palisades and an indy lab, and that was with some pretty major fuckups (failing on the same province twice, two other failures with smaller exp parties, getting one of my mage smiths sniped... it was a shitshow).

If you go for mountains and forests, you can crank out more warriors and then expand with them on top of what you're building from your fort. With an awake and actually knowing what you're doing (unlike me with this test. Pretty embarrassing, not gonna lie) I can see Ulm getting to 40 provs or some other silly-big number.
>>
>>170418347
What were you using to expand? I've been mostly using a stack of 10 or so shield maidens in front, steel warriors coming from the sides, maybe 10 or so, and 15 or so of their cheapest archers to expand. Most of the archers I recruit from forests and mountains, as well as the commanders to form the secondary parties. I can usually crank out an expansion party every 2 or so turns.
They work really well until they hit something armored on a horse, elephants, or numbers of around 70+. Horses and elephants seem to be a bit of a gamble anyways, as you can go against them and not lose anybody. Nothing risked, nothing earned.

I've been prepping for a multiplayer game coming up next week with some friends who have WAY more time playing this game than me.

Seemingly I can get around 18 or so provinces every 1st year. Sometimes more if I start in a good spot. Less if I start in a swamp or a bog or something due to the map penalties for moving out.
>>
>>170418878
2-3 shield maidens, rest steel maidens (like 15 or so) from my cap. Have the shield maidens as a lure, steel maidens kill the bad guys

12 warriors or so from forests/mountains, 2-3 random indies that die. These parties basically do easy provinces, or else expand every other turn so I can recruit a new suicidal little block to replace the 2-3

Parties get merged to fight elephants or heavy cav. Light cav are np
>>
>>170417407
While I normally agree to something along these lines (but like the A/S/D for better lategame) in any map with a large amount of water provinces contested (i.e. no UW nation in the game generally) you cannot beat an Awake amphibious expander.

In every instance I've seen a land nation claim the majority of uncontested waters, they invariably win handily. The gems and income from those provinces simply cannot be overstated.
>>
>>170419018
Alright. Just tried it out, moving quickly, with an awake W1E3 Omir (the snake thing). Got 29 provs, 3 forts, 4 and 5 being built, 2 labs, and a throne. Only had two mountains/forests within 2 spaces of my cap, so not too bad I dont think
>>
>>170420743
>29
Not nearly good enough. Use smaller expansion parties and lures!
>>
File: Yomi.jpg (292KB, 704x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Yomi.jpg
292KB, 704x1000px
>>170417162
>>
File: Asleep on a bench.jpg (117KB, 555x777px) Image search: [Google]
Asleep on a bench.jpg
117KB, 555x777px
>Mfw I mess around with a colossal fetish in SP
This is not an expansion pretender, is it?
>>
>>170421312
I've tried. It's really not good at it. It becomes good when you give it fear, but that requires D5
>>
>>170421312
If it had Fear it could probably expand pretty well.

Try D5, that'll cost a lot but should let you expand okay.
>>
>>170421312
Looking at the stat line it shouldn't bad against most indies with that prot and HP. But barbarians would probably dice it
>>
>>170421861
The trouble is attack 7. I actually was able to take a cataphract province with a colossal that had a few lion warriors that ate a lot of the spear charges, but it was because he took so long to kill that the indies routed, and even then he only had 15 hp left at the end of it. CF needs spells to do stuff.
>>
>>170420784
Alright, this time with no other AI, I got to 35. But in the process my prophet died and I only got 3 forts by the end of it.

Smaller expansions work, but I had three of them fail. One to cloud mages, one to dark vines I couldn't see, and another had a commander get sniped.

I could do it more efficiently, but in a game with other players, you hit borders much faster.
>>
>>170422282
GIVE
IT
AOE
MODDERSR NOW
>>
Are there any mods that change what details the in-battle logs give you? It seems to be almost entirely melee combat stuff, but I'm somewhat interested in getting the rolls and details of how units are dealing with ranged attacks, spells, and stuff like trample that doesn't show up on the normal play by play.
>>
>>170425627
Try running dom4 with -dd, -ddd, or -dddd added to the shortcut. You'll get a log file in the installation directory.

Only works if you're host, of course.
>>
>>170404164
Your neighbours and their neighbours.
You research goals (rituals/combat spells).
Army composition (enemy players thrones).
If you have a forging pretender with a lot of paths, the things he can craft so you don't forget those.
Diplo shit.
>>
>>170414317
Hitting 20 provinces with a nation whose expansion is sub-par using no awake expander.
>>

need one more
>>
>>170404164
Any important sites in enemy territory. Thrones are the most likely for you to figure out, but you can sometimes see other sites with scrying, or figure out a site/indie poptype from seeing your enemy recruiting them. A few sites have other indicators - e.g. Rakshasa on a nation which isn't monkeys means they have the 20% blood bonus site which lets you summon them.

Current throne point count for each player is also an important thing to keep track of. Even if it's an estimate, knowing how close a person is to winning is handy.
>>
>>170428209
How fast we talking?
I do, sometimes, have a life
>>
>>170430719

It's a reference, not an indicator of game settings.
>>
>>170430841
So...is there NO relation between game speed and the name? This isn't the same game that someone was talking about with superfast turns?
>>
>>170431460

>All other settings on default
>>
>>170431786
>Implying I would trust a blanket statement from domg
>>
Ever seen a player threaten to go AI because his opponent *didn't* stale their turn?

I have.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3124&view=findpost&p=40007441
>>
>>170432402
Hilarious. Did he get rekt in a fight against that guy?
>>
>>170432402
>Lawyerspeak3, MA Binding Diplo
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the entire thread will be full of whining.
>>
>>170401905
I think that it is just a gold standard, not actual gold itself.
>>
>>170432402
>Coming back after 16 stales to play your turn without a word of warning just so you can catch someone off guard is NOT acceptable.

That sounds like an innovative strategy!
>>
Assuming I take 1 major bless, maybe 2 or 1 and some minors, what are good scales for Kailasa and why? What can be trashed and what can't?
>>
Hey host of jobbing to xib and Standard_EA can you increase the hosting interval to 36 or 48 hours please
>>
File: 1467126420981.png (459KB, 704x642px) Image search: [Google]
1467126420981.png
459KB, 704x642px
>>170432402
>Coming back after 16 stales to play your turn without a word of warning just so you can catch someone off guard is NOT acceptable.
>calculate the exact amount of turns to research Earthquake/Rai of Stones
>stale this many turns
>come back and wreck all your enemies deathballs
That's some next level strat.
>>
>>170438269

Does the "Recruits automatically research" thing persist if you stale, or is that local?
>>
Wow, this thread is dead. Guess I'll postpone turns in all my games then.
>>
>>170438467
(asking for a friend)
>>
>>170438467
They keep researching.
>>
>>170432402
What a whiny, self-centered little bitch.
I hope it'll learn one day that the world doesn't revolve around it.
>>
So,is there any way to actually "pirate" this game?
>>
>>170442818

Not got a big enough userbase for them as make cracks to give a damn. I've no doubt it's possible if you're willing to put in the effort.
>>
>>170442818
There are old torrents, but MP is where it's at, and you won't be able to play it on pirated version. I guess you can pirate it, try it out, and then buy it when a sale starts. It goes on sale pretty often.
>>
>>170442818

The only way to crack it is to figure out how fear works.
>>
If they shared an era, how would you compare bottom tier nations (Japan/Africa etc)
>>
>>170447598
MA Ebonics would actually counter weeb shitters with banefire spam.
>>
>>170432402
>>170438269
>>170433964
Someone make a cap out of this so we can increase our meme repertoire.
>>
>>170438269
This strat is countered by the 2 stale = AI policy
>>
>>170448291
Speaking of which -
5 hours until Mictlan and Fomoria get removed. If anyone wants to sub for either of these nations, go ahead and post. I'm not sure what position they're in, but I believe that Mictlan was doing well
>>
>>170346234
They still wouldn't get new paths.
>>
>>170448421
Wat. I did my turn, fag.
>>
>>170438467
It's local, you'll come back to a bunch of mages set to defend.

>>170439118
The ones already set to research will, the ones newly recruited (the ones actually affected by that option) won't.
>>
>>170380440
Actually seems Mari's got this. Ulm has elected to ignore that Mari has thrones within reach (once he finishes Ermor) to fight me instead.

Or in other words, gg Mari.
>>
File: file.png (108KB, 988x992px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
108KB, 988x992px
>>170448054
Good or should I slap some reaction images on it?
>>
>>170453796
those white spaces up there needs to be filled with babies crying, or perhaps with posts of other invisioncucks agreeing with him.
>>
>>170453796
Definitely needs reaction images

Probably more overlap and such too.

In general, white space is bad when it comes to meme design.
>>
Hey guys, if an event chain brings out a Mind Slime horror and I charm or enslave it, do I get to keep it or will it break away the way that Doom Horrors do?
>>
>>170454804
plz respond
>>
>>170458914
Try it and see what happens.
>>
>>170453796
Needs Asphodel laughing his ass off while saying something related to a 16-years plan.
>>
File: just pretending.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
just pretending.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>170460068
>I have pretended to be staling for the last seven years
>>
>>170460848
We need a drawing of Asphodel going down an elevator and saying "I have pretended to be stalling for sixteen turns".
Who has MSPaint skill here?
>>
File: pretending to stale.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pretending to stale.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>170461736
Your dumb wish is my command.
>>
>>170463358

Staling, not stalling.
>>
>>170463358
Shit that was supposed to be turns. Well fuck it, close enough.
>>
Which are the reanimation nations?
>>
>>170463358
Retarded, therefore perfect.

>>170463450
There's just one L?
>>
>>170463610

Stalling is an actual word for putting something off. Staling is a Dominions term for letting stale turns happen.
>>
>>170463450
Hey man I just copied what the dude wrote down.
>>170463570
Asphodel, ermor, sceleria, lanka, ctis and lemuria are the ones I know off the top of my head
>>
>>170463807

Thanks, do all priests from these nations reanimate? As in do summoned priests count as well and are the H3 ones worth the gems? Can nations with no reanimation reanimate with Conjured units?
>>
Need a new non meme EA game in my life, so I'm shilling

>>
>>170463776
But stalling is still correct?

>>170463807
Sorry then, it's my fault.
>>
>>170464116
I managed to get reanimation by making a mound king my prophet.
>>
>>170464116
Any nation with an undead priest can reanimate things. Pretty sure all the mentioned nations regular priests can reanimate stuff too. I know for a fact Lanka and Ermor can. H3 is usually worth it since it gets you stronger stuff.
>>
How much gold does alchemical transmutation gives?
>>
does RoS affect flyers?
>>
>>170464158
So how fast are turns?
>>
>>170464456

So wait, if you Life after Death an army of priests do you get undead priests? Also do we know if any non-reanimation nation gets special units when reanimating like Nazca and Ermor?
>>
>>170465465
Also, what spell converts nature gems to gold?
>>
>>170465465
It depends.
>
The alchemist distills gold from minerals. The process is time consuming and requires the alchemist to use fire gems. Every extra gem spent gives the alchemist several pounds of gold. Skilled mages produce even more gold.
>>
>>170465613
yes
giant nations can get giant undead
>>
>>170465826
Yeah, but how much it depends? Where is the math behind it?
>>
>>170465613
If you get an undead with levels in holy magic he can reanimate. Most common way is to make a mound king a prophet or summon mound fiends.
>>
>>170465465
Rates depend on caster's path (fire for transmute fire, earth for earth gem alchemy) and alchemical bonus (master alchemist has it, for example). It's something like 10 gold per gem on path 1 and around 70-80 for path 9, I think. I did the calculations a long time ago, but I forgot the exact amount. And the gold transmutation is pretty useless in most situations, as there are better ways to spend gems.

>>170465550
Yes. EQ doesn't, even if you cast storm. It also doesn't affect units affected by gift of flight/mass flight, even if there's storm active.

>>170465641
No such spell. Only E and F has gold transmutation spells.
>>
>>170465875
>>170465940

Innovative strategy: recruit shit ton of priests until late game, Life after Death, Rain of Stones, collect giant reanimators.
>>
>>170465574
it depends
>>
>>170466619
Looking at the game settings, Thrones are set to victory at 10 points with 9 lvl 1 thrones and 0 others. I'm assuming either it's showing wrong or the host hasn't set it properly. Will join once I get a response.
>>
and does trample kill flyiers?
>>
>>170466052

Does Life After Death give you permanent units from stuff that dies in battle?
>>
File: NAP pls.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
NAP pls.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>170433083
Can someone give me the rundown on diplomacy? What is meant with "binding" diplo?

Isn't this a wargame played by players who have a rough understanding of pic related?

Does this mean if you don't be 100% honest people will whine on forums? How is shit like trades enforced? Honor system?
>>
>>170467246
Most sensible people dont really count any diplomacy as binding except trades. I've never seen anyone be enough of a dick to not go through with a trade so I dont know what people would do.
>>
>>170466965
>Number of level 2 thrones: 9
>>
>>170467246

A "Binding diplomacy" game is a game in which if you say to someone "I declare a non aggression pact until turn 20", or "I will commit to a war against Ermor if you also start attacking Ermor", or "I'll cast a dispell on Burden of Time if you can supply me a bunch of Pearls" you are expected to KEEP to that (And the admin will AI you if you break it). This is far, far from the norm. In most games everything is full backstabbing mode.

The one exception to this is that exchanges of gems, gold and magic items which have been agreed upon by both parties are pretty much always considered to be binding, mostly because there is no point in trading existing otherwise.
>>
>>170467246

It means if you make a treaty you can't break it.

What are some other meme rules for babies? I haven't seen a no rush game yet but I'm sure it will happen eventually.
>>
>>170467152
yes, unless the units themselves were bat summon (swarm bugs, wolves from Howl). They have the Soulless Warrior chassis.
>>
File: 20170308222114_1.jpg (340KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170308222114_1.jpg
340KB, 1920x1080px
How is this pretender for EA Agartha?
>>
>>170467913
>In most games everything is full backstabbing mode.
Now I'd really like to read a Let's Play, complete with lemony narration.
>>
>>170467913
Ah ok so he fuckin AIs you. Rough, can't sub the guy out I guess, that has to ruin the flow of things.

And yeah trade makes sense, especially if people trade small enough for there to be no point in scamming.

>>170467954
Couldn't you just soft-enforce something like that by making a map that gives everyone 30 provinces by the end of early-game or something?
>>
>>170468214
boring as fuck
>>
>>170468214
Without dom 9, good luck with your expansion. The snek can do it, but good luck.
>>
>>170467894
Dammit, fucked up
>>
>>170468785
>requiring dom 9 to expand as Agartha
heh. I bet you don't even know the barbarian exploit
>>
>>170465875
oooh im thinkin hinnom can prophet a Shadow Imp super early in the game and get a giant skelly factory going early game. Shit works on Demons too.
>>
Admin, can you turn off auto-start so that I can rename my pretender when I get home?
>>
Oh shit, I just realised that you can recruit an apu, suicide it and then prophet it to make a supaya reanimator on turn 4
>>
>>170467954
>Meme rules for babies
I don't get this attitude. It's just a way of playing the game. It's like bitching about mods that make shitty traps less shitty.
>>
>>170469412
I will delay my pretender submission in that case. I'm finalizing everything anyway
>>
>>170469564

Hol up, are they the only ones that get mummification?
>>
>>170468905

You mean Holy Demons can reanimate?
>>
>>170469412
>>170470341
It's cool. I turned it off. Feel free to submit before someone else nabs the last spot
>>
>>170470352
Don't pretty much all Nazca sacred commanders get mummified?
>>
>>170470520
>>170470352
Apus aren't even sacred, they're just the cheapest mummification dudes
>>
>>170470512
I'm in. When do we start?
>>
>>170471606
When that other shitter is ready.

Given how long the game took to fill, I'm honestly expecting to need to restart to kick turn 1 stalers.
>>
>>170471725
Gotcha. Sleeping soon, but I'll be around
>>
>>170471725
I'm ready
>>
>>170472675
g o o d
>>
Post pretenders
>>
Game's started, and I will be cutting off the usual 24 hour extension to the first turn. Turn timer is 24 hours. If anyone forgot they signed up, hopefully the two e-mails will remind them, and if anyone isn't around, I hope to find out and restart promptly.

Once everyone's in, we'll be doing the 2 stale = replace thing (it's pretty fair). I'll be granting REASONABLE extensions if I get them in time.

When doing a double turn starts to get unreasonable, I'll be extending the game to 28 hours to prevent timer creep, and then at some point we'll extend to 48 as normal.

This should all be standard stuff, but I figured I should at least post it all out so that if anyone wants to whine about badminning, they'll have the opportunity to start.
>>
>>170473726
Not in the game but you should do two stales in a row=replace. Sometimes I get 2 stales in a game because I forgot to send my turns or believed I had sent them when I did not
>>
>>170475271
That's what I meant by that, yeah
>>
File: 20170309002411_1.jpg (328KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170309002411_1.jpg
328KB, 1680x1050px
>>170473407
>>
File: Goofy_edit.jpg (81KB, 361x440px) Image search: [Google]
Goofy_edit.jpg
81KB, 361x440px
>>170432402
>>
>>170477557
>one roleplay name amidst all the memes

I hope he sends IC messages
>>
>>170477813
He's a big guy.
>>
>>170478387
Size 5 or 6, I recall.
>>
What do Niefelheim Draug shapechange to?
There's nothing in the inspector.
>>
>>170478535
Either bigger or smaller Draug I think.
>>
>>170478535

Different sized draugr. If you just type draug in the inspector you can see them. They're a little higher strength but that's it.
>>
>>170478650
>>170478687
Sounds cool.
They look quite good on paper, but somewhat expensive gem wise. Still you best option to turn your deathgems into combat units as Niefelheim, right?
>>
How does valfur flames work exactly? Would it stop a siege?
>>
Does Second Sun cancel Utterdark?
>>
>>170480676
Thats a good question.
>>
>>170480449
Vafur*
>>170480676
yes
>>
>>170480449
It only affects storm battles. units passing through the gate take fire damage. Good v squishy chaff blobs
>>
>>170480449
It appears in the castle storm battle as a wall of fire.
>>
>no one needed to be replaced
Turnbullying as the admin works, everyone.
>>
>>170481260

Game: DontStaleDesuSenpai2
Turn number 32
Next turn due: 00:35 GMT on Thursday March 9th

Asphodel 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
>Nazca Waiting for 2h file
Ulm 2h file received

Last updated at 00:17 GMT on Thursday March 9th
Current time: 00:18 GMT

I NEED A BULLY OVER HERE!
>>
>>170481805
Need an admin bully desu
>>
did anyone posted the graphs for VanillaNewbs? i want to see how bad/good i did in comparison to the other nations
t. C'tis
>>
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic/WlvukOh0N14/7UdUYjBjx04J

>Read a strategy article on Dominions from 15 years ago
>Almost everything in it is still applicable

Plus ça change, plus c'est la mĂªme chose, domg?
>>
>>170482686
Ta gueule et pompe.
>>
Seeking Arrows guarantee kill 9 hp commanders since its 8 + random dice roll armor negating damage correct?
>>
>>170483363
No, you still get opposing rolls on armor negating damage. You have a good chance but not guaranteed kill.
>>
>>170482686
Omelette du fromage.
>>
so what does domg think about the blood magic in CK?
>>
>>170486084
Da fuck is CK?
>>
>>170486180
crusader kings
>>
>>170486310
I don't remember it having blood magic. Aren't you mistaking it with another game?
>>
>>170486416
The magic of when you mix your blood with that of your sisterwife and hope to cast "Strong Attractive Genius" without any drawbacks.
>>
>>170486416
They recently added satanic stuff
>>
>>170484804
What type of opposing roll? I don't see anything listed in the spell description or in the manual. If it was Magic Resistance I thought the spells always defined that?
>>
>>170486493
Haaa, you mean Crusader Kings 2. The sequel.

>>170486490
>sisterwife
What the fuck.
>>
>>170486650
Sorry, I don't refer to Dominions 4: The Thrones of Ascension as Dominions 4: The Thrones of Ascension every time I talk about Dominions 4: The Thrones of Ascension either
>>
>>170486969
You should, otherwise literal-minded people will get confused.
>>
>>170486969
I don't believe you, anon. Everything in that post suggests that you do.
>>
>>170487413
I can't argue with that.
>>
>>170486565
It's a damage roll. But since it's AN, it'll be 8 + DRN vs 0 + DRN. All damage rolls are the same.
>>
>>170488279
Well, they have the same components. AN just sets the prot component to 0, AP to 1/2. If it's an elemental attack, any resistance is subtracted from the attack roll instead, the same way that shields work.

Magic reistance is always a binary thing, either you pass it and nothing happens or you fail and suffer the full effect of the attack (some spells and attacks are actualy several attacks chained together where they can all be different)
>>
“Look, having astral—my uncle was a great mage and researcher and crafter, Theurg Trump at the Cathedral of the Spheres; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Augurs' Circle, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative human, if I were an elf, if, like, OK, if I ran as a glamoured elf, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative human they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to the Circle, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built an artifact—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the astral deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (astral is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many turns ago, the power and that was thirty five turns ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four blood slaves—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the sorcerous paths are better right now than the elemental paths, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another hundred fifty turns —but the Caelians are great negotiators, the birds are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.
>>
>>170486650
>What the fuck.
Have you played Crusader Kings before?
>>
File: Muuch Muuch.png (97KB, 385x525px) Image search: [Google]
Muuch Muuch.png
97KB, 385x525px
>>
>>170489361
I play Crusader Kings Two : Backstabbing Vassals Simulator.
Not Games of Thrones : The Video Game. I'm neither a Lannister nor a Zoroastrian.
>>
>>170492823
Messalian is best religion anyhow.
>>
>nobody is dispelling burden of time

huh. A RP sequel may not be very plausible if this keeps up
>>
>>170480758
You lie!
>>
>>170496185
Curses! Foiled again!
>>
>>170496185
I think it does cancel out the negative effects of the bats sun stealing global though.
>>
>>170494974
We could always go post-apocalypse.
>>
>>170496956
It does this, yes.
>>
>>170499473
>50% supply, gold, and resources MA game
Ermor likes this post
>>
>>170499618
When Autistic RP 2 comes around, I'm probably going to join as Asphodel if it's MA.
>>
Stop doing this, idiots
>>
>>170503674
No.
>>
DO
YOUR
TURNS
>>
>>170435510
With a bless you're probably planning to expand with sacreds, so you can tank production. Heat 3 is another no-brainer, though it only gets you 40 points.

Magic and Growth scales are both mandatory. Drop other scales if you need to, but don't have either of these below 3.

Order 3 would be ideal for more income, but I suspect you'll need to take turmoil+luck to pay for a decent bless.

>>170467047
Yes.
>>
File: donald trump is john titor.jpg (1MB, 867x6091px) Image search: [Google]
donald trump is john titor.jpg
1MB, 867x6091px
>>170488870

His uncle actually was a great mage and researcher.
>>
Guys

We did it.

We had a fast turn.

Let's have a lot more fast turns.

Good job everyone.

I'm proud of all of us.
>>
>tfw the smallest province next to your cap is 60 indies
>>
>>170510235
Look at this guy, whining about having rich provinces. I bet you didn't even blind expand with your starting army, nerd.
>>
File: Burden of Time.jpg (92KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
Burden of Time.jpg
92KB, 600x488px
>>
reminder that hammer of the forge lord gives #fixedforgebonus 8 in summod
>>
There's a throne with 4 mages on them spamming Fire and Water Elementals.

What do?
>>
>>170515149
bring more mages to spam more elementals
>>
>>170515206
It's early in the game.
I removed most of the chaff if that helps.
>>
>>170515487
What nation are you? What research do you have access to?
>>
What's to stop an admin from force hosting 20 times in a row until he wins?
>>
>>170516145
The fact that there's no point to it? You can play singleplayer too
>>
>>170515149
One option which is slow but fairly cheap and reliable is to send something which triggers gem usage (4+ path mage with 2 gems is likely easiest), put it at the back, wait a couple turns for the indies to spend gems on elementals, then retreat.

After a few times the indies will be out of gems and you can take the throne easy with a small army.

If you want it faster, it'll depend on what you have available.

>>170516145
Nothing, because why would an admin ever want to do that?
>>
>>170515663
LA Bogarus.
Evocation 2.
>>
>>170516431
nigga why are you trying to take a throne that fucking early. It's a waste of resources that could be better spent expanding more.
>>
Nazca's staled once already, and has 12 hours before he stales again. Should he do so, I'm going to ask for a sub, just a heads up
>>
>>170516561
I'm done expanding.
>>
>>170516750
What build does he have?
>>
>>170519483
I have no idea, I haven't interacted with him at all. I've spent nearly the entire game fending off Abysia, Asphodel and C'tis
>>
>>170519526
At least do you know what turn is it?
>>
>>170519724
>>

Shilling this game. Everyone has stealthy 65 and glamour. If you hate elves, this is the game for you, because no matter who you're fighting they are an elf!
>>
hail satan
>>
>>170519769
So you want us to sub a nation on turn 33 without knowing anything?
It sounds like sieged cap.
>>
>>170521128
I've heard nothing about his situation, but I can get someone to check

if he stales this turn

he hasn't
>>
>>170521082
Mictlan please.
>>
>>170477557
>Python
Please tell me it's not a not-renamed erf snek.
>>
>>170521251
If he is about to stale this turn, extend it 5 minutes before he does. Then someone post here what's his build (I would want to know if he is running any bless, rainbow, awake, if he has any supayas, anything). Then I might sub it.
>>
>>170521384
aighty
>>
>>170521305
It could be S9 statue using high-level items to get things easier.
>>
If I am mass producing juggernauts will my dominion still push out if I keep them in one place?
>>
>>170523540
They'll generally be more effective if they're closer to where you want your dominion to push out, but it'll still work.
>>
>>170523540
>>170523862
Though, that's assuming you want to push a specific place.

If you just want more dominion in general, leave them anywhere.
>>
>>170523862
>>170523912
Its in a game I dont really care about anymore. I'm trying to combine them with vengeful water to get the water elementals to the heavy lifting for me. Think I'll see if I can get enchanted forest up as well.
>>
File: 1487711687069.jpg (273KB, 1298x1047px) Image search: [Google]
1487711687069.jpg
273KB, 1298x1047px
touhou mod when
>>
>>170523540
Your dominion will push out once it maxes out in that place. So, whatever you do don't put any heretics there.
>>
>>170521305
Maybe it's a trick...otherwise we've got a future staler
>>
>>170524410
Impossible to balance.
>>
>>170524410
>>170526916
Wait didnt a guy make a touhou mod already?
>>
>>170516145
the fact he's over 14 year old.
if he's younger then everyone in the game is fucked, sorry.
>>
>>170515149
>>170516396
>One option which is slow but fairly cheap and reliable is to send something which triggers gem usage (4+ path mage with 2 gems is likely easiest), put it at the back, wait a couple turns for the indies to spend gems on elementals, then retreat.

have you ever tried this? i tought that indies refilled their gem every month.
>>
>>170527123
I heard he had a beta one, but I haven't been on /jp/ for ages.
>>
>>170527527
I'm sure they don't, why would they?
>>
>>170527806
I've heard from pros that indies refill gems, if you haven't tested it I'm inclined to believe them. (Not home so can't test)
>>
>>170529069
1.) They don't
2.) Which pros?
>>
>>170529519
>>170529069
>inb4 nuclearmonkee Mc sub-out-on-year-1
>>
can human mages into turbo communions?
>>
File: We're on boys.jpg (242KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
We're on boys.jpg
242KB, 1024x705px
Time to finally give this game the conclusion it deserves. First arena battle on turn 82.
>>
File: 20170309084858_1.jpg (96KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
20170309084858_1.jpg
96KB, 1024x705px
>>170531186
Also last chance to get some free shit from me if you want it. I want us to have a great arena battle.
>>
>>170531390
I'm torn over sending my asshole batman or someone else.
>>
File: SDL_app_2017-03-09_16-03-20.png (132KB, 530x594px) Image search: [Google]
SDL_app_2017-03-09_16-03-20.png
132KB, 530x594px
hey AbsoluteMadmin, i think it's safe to AI Mictlan at this point.
>>
>>170531083
With enlarge, regeneration, and/or gift of health.P
>>
>>170531560
Hey, bring whatever you think is the strongest competitor. Just remember that pretenders and prophets won't have their dominion stat boosts in the arena. They'll keep the extra HP for the first battle but will regenerate as if they were their normal HP.
>>
>>170531958
0 total stales
>>
Suddenly my underwater civilization jsut up and died after I cast eyes of god on my floating mind god dude. What the fuck happen?
>>
>>170534023
i mean he's dead and only ha 10 unit in a palisade.
>>
>>170535998
Dom kill or the AI ascended

>>170536009
I believe you, but he might still want to send hatemail or somesuch.
>>
>>170465895

a billion trillion turns in google gives you this as the first result

http://www.indiedb.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/alchemy-gems-to-gold-question

Formulas

Distill Gold: (15 + Fire Skill - 1) x (# of extra gems)
Alchemical Transmutation: (10 + Earth Skill - 1) x (# of extra gems)
Transmute Fire: (20 + 2x(Fire Skill - 2)) x (# of extra gems)
Earth Gem Alchemy: (15 + 2x(Earth Skill - 2)) x (# of extra gems)
>>
>>170470487

Demons/Undead with holy paths, such as a propheted shadow imp, a propheted mound king, melqarts, or a mound fiend have the reanimate action, and can reanimate undead.
>>
>stopped playing in kichikuo more than 4 months ago
>That was turn 62
>It's now turn 75
>>
>>170521128

Nobody has attacked him.
>>
I read the wholr thread to know how the situation got to that point... I never played a binding diplo game, but if I played, it would have a minimun of 13 clauses with the obligation of exceptions to every one of them. Thus my training as lawyer would finally pay of and the game would continue to have lots of backstabbing
>>
>>170529069
>>170527806
>>170527527

Indies definitely refill their gems every month. This is incredibly easy to test in game, and even a very basic cursory knowledge of anything suggests that they do.
>>
>>170529519

they most certainly do. check for yourself.
>>
>>170540632
It sounds like you didn't test it.
I have baited elementals several times, and unless they refill their gems every 20 turns or some shit, they don't.
Sometimes i have lasted 10 turns before attacking a throne and they still had zero magic gems.
>>
>>170539062
I forgot that game even existed.

And I'm still playing in it
>>
>>170539062
Kichikuo is suffering. The burds went AI so anti-burd coalition after celebrating victory soon turned on each other. And by that I mean Lemuria turned on their neighbors. Pan is kinda doing their own thing.

We actually got quite a few turns in after 62 but we're averaging a turn a month right now.
>>
>>170540738
Man, game must work differently for you then. Meanwhile I will continue baiting out enemy gems (usually involving assassins, on nations that have them).

I have literally never seen indies ever refill gems.
>>
>>170542156
>>170541525

I like to think that you're lying just for funzies, but literally test it. Indies do not reup on gems.
>>
File: 1376712447667.jpg (105KB, 598x564px) Image search: [Google]
1376712447667.jpg
105KB, 598x564px
>>170539717
If someone actually sends me something with thirteen clauses, I'm immediately going to war.
>>
>>170542962
Shut up, Erika. You're dead.
>>
File: 1480635241138.png (132KB, 730x602px) Image search: [Google]
1480635241138.png
132KB, 730x602px
>>170539717
>>
>>170542430
Unless you're correcting people you agree with, I believe you mean indies DO reup on gems.
>>
>>170548102
No they don't. I checked.
>>
>>170536009
Not a good reason to set someone AI.
>>
Hey now,and where would be the fun of a Lawfull Evil aligment? just sign right here. Sure you are smart enough to beat me at the game. Why do you have to be the agressor?
>>
I thirst for turns
>>
>lose 35 heavy cav because I'm fucking dumb
>>
>>170554502
If you're recruiting heavy cav you're dumb.
>>
>>170557376
Not in summod for a nation that has shit-tier infantry in LA.
>>
>>170557839
Well, let's see how your heavy cav handles full blood nations then.
>>
>>170557925
It's just for expansion and early wars. It takes a backrow seat starting midgame.
>>
Ulm from DontStaleDesuSempai.

Looking to chat with Marverni.
>>
So what does Malakal do that makes him Malakal? His name gets brought up frequently here.
>>
>>170558836
He's just a very good plumber.
>>
>>170558836
>t. Malakal
Stop talking about yourself.
>>
>>170559216
>t. Some other guy who doesn't know who Malakal is
I don't really either
>>
>>170558836

Malakal is the monster that hides under your bed and convinces your cat that you're planning to stop feeding it so it should launch a preemptive strike.
>>
>>170559706
Do people know him for his backstabbing diplo, or for being good?
And is this how spoilers work?
>>
File: 1477885981438.png (591KB, 1795x1491px) Image search: [Google]
1477885981438.png
591KB, 1795x1491px
So for Malakal.

He is a high-profile player with mediocre playing skills, extremely strong diplomacy skills, autistic approach to understanding how the minds of the humans he is playing with work and pedantic approach to inter-personal relationships.

If disregarding all the talks he has had with you so far would lead him even a bit closer to victory, he would consider it a travestry to not do so.
>>
>>170560871
I love that artist.
>>
>>170561208
For some reason, he keeps making Dominions themed pictures.
>>
>>170561349
Kailasa/Bandar Log reference

Monkey throw shit/spam S spells
>>
>>170561349
I wish Dominions became popular in Japan so that we would get TouhouxDominions cross over and hentais involving a brave burglar sneaking in the evil god's laboratory to make sure all the blood virgins are no longer virgins.
>>
File: domigugene no Mokou.jpg (136KB, 432x529px) Image search: [Google]
domigugene no Mokou.jpg
136KB, 432x529px
>>170561537
The japanese scene is pretty much shit.
>>
>>170561537
it is
there are some idolmaster/dominions crossover videos on niconico
>>
If somebody is interested in 3vs3 game add me or send me a message on Discord YoyBoy#5823
>>
>>170560280

In terms of mechanical gud, he's only above average. That in combination with the diplomacy is enough to translate into being a very strong player though.
>>
>>170562263
Blitz? If not blitz I might be interested.
>>
>>170561537
>I wish Dominions became popular in Japan
It already is I think.
They had a good Dominions wiki before ours even existed.
>>
>>170563684
>>170562263
Yeah forgot to mention it is not blitz.
>>
>>170560871
How good can he be at diplo if he's autistic?
>>
>>170565218
Because everyone else is also autistic.
>>
>>170563852
So did Something Awful.
>>
>>170565218
He is a high-functioning autist. Just like some people can pass as normal people in casual circumstances (especially through digital platforms) but reveal themselves after they look through 1000 lines of code in one minute and spot the single mistake.

In a word, he treats humans and their thought processes as simple functions.
>>
>>170565841
To be fair, human thought processes arent that complicated 90% of the time. Barely better than a dogs when you get down to it.
>>
File: Malakal.png (19KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Malakal.png
19KB, 600x600px
>>170565998
>>
File: 1483142340796.png (348KB, 540x406px) Image search: [Google]
1483142340796.png
348KB, 540x406px
>>170566415
>>
>>170561919
I don't know a thing about Idolmaster.

>>170561853
You mean as players, or as a fanbase?
>>
>>170566415
I'm not wrong you know. Reading that dog whisperer book is basically the same as reading a psychology book.
>>
>>170565841
t. Malakal
Seriously, you sound like if you were talking about yourself
>>
>playing as EA Ermor
>crush C'tis
>Therodos start's invading from sea with spectrals

How do I deal with those ethereal niggers? I can give some commanders and mages water breathing rings and hire some water indies but those indies routs fast. How do I effectively deal with ethereal creatures in water if my nation doesn't have water breathing units with magic weapons?

Using my augurs to reanimate huge army costs more gems then theorodos is able to recruit.

What is your strategy with EA ermor?
>>
>>170568775
Fire elementals on land, Wights with antimagic in the sea. Use Horde of Skeletons to get more cheap fodder in battle.
>>
>>170568775
Never get involved in an Underwater war as a land nation. Unless you are Jomon.
>>
Would there be any interest in a disciple game with a few veterans as the leads and some noobs as the disciples?

Thinking 3v3v3
>>
>>170569950
Depends on the noobs.

I'll think about it if you make a new thread.
>>
>>170569950
so Teaching_Feeling without Lukas? Yes please
>>
>>170569092
Antimagic?
>>
>>170571095
Ghosts' attacks are Magic Resistance Negates, so with higher MR your troops won't be hit by them.
>>
New thread pls.
>>
>>170571172
OH really? What spells or items to get Mr?
>>
>>170571470
ANTIMAGIC
>>
>>170541813
How can it possibly take a month to do a turn?
Is this Oeridia?
>>
>>170572108
Well to be fair Lukas has some RL stuff going on, and no one actually tries to get their turns done on time because we just assume someone else will ask for an extension. Realistically we could all problem do our turns in under 2 hours, it's only in the outer rings of late game hell right now.
Thread posts: 767
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.