[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 751
Thread images: 128

File: WAs.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WAs.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>Thought he could stand toe to toe with a Vicar:
>>167985672

>1.10 patch notes:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: https://imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): http://pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
http://pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
http://pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
http://pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
http://pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
http://pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
http://pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm
>>
File: 041216-221032765-big.jpg (112KB, 768x590px) Image search: [Google]
041216-221032765-big.jpg
112KB, 768x590px
First for /OURBOY/
>>
>>168029370
>snuff out the First Flame
>entire screen is pitch black except for your HUD, torches don't work because you brought about the Age of Dark

>>168029419
Someone post the WebM of her blinking her eyes separately.
>>
File: darklurker desk.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
darklurker desk.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>168029414
>bloodborne in pasta

You dun goofed, anon.

>>168029563
>blinking her eyes separately
Isn't that what lizards do?
>>
>>
File: P7abpUW.jpg (137KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
P7abpUW.jpg
137KB, 1344x756px
Just look at this sexy motherfucker.
>>
>>168029589
someone should tweet Vaati or something asking for specifics on the Angel death/respawn animation -- do they get summoned back in like a phantom by the Pilgrim, or are they literally emanating from it like a spell?
>>
>>168029639
Is that pontiff or lothric?
It looks identical to the prayer set.
>>
>>168028512
Speculating is more along the lines of Solaire is the firstborn, Old ornstein is Yorgh, Aldrich ate Nito

You can have fun trying to point those out and trying to pointlessly link things, bu please, don't pretend they were ever relevant lorewise or hold any 100% true proof instead of just things that might be.
>>
File: 2452864-thepursuer.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2452864-thepursuer.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
I want to play through DS2 having dropped it after 10 hours previously. What can I do to make this fun? Weapon/build info is appreciated.
>>
>>168029746
Nothing, if you just hate the game then don't bother.
>>
>>168029713
Pontiff. That's the profaned greatsword. Meanwhile lothric can't even pick up his straight sword.
>>
>>168029746
the funnest weapon for me in ds2 is the greatsword. going gutsmode could help, if you're into that sort of thing. nothing makes it funner than other games though, it's just so fucking slugish
>>
>>168029829
It's a statue though, he doesn't have to be using it.
>>
>>168029746
Don't be ashamed to over-level for FoFG, the place is pretty bullshit.
Spellcaster builds are overpowered, but always have some reliable source of physical damage.
Most enemies don't have strong resistance against Strike damage, so maces are OP.
Lifegems make the game ridiculously easy.
Level Adaptability.
>>
>>168029605
I wonder, is Dancer effectively the queen of Irithyll? She's the highest ranking knight left after Vordt and Pontiff are killed.
>>
>>168029589
Bloodborne belongs here.
>>
>>168029746
Dark Souls 2 is slow and clunky. It doesn't start getting better until you dump 20+ levels into Adaptability, and the best areas of the game (DLCs) are locked behind the worst areas of the game (Iron Keep, poison spithouse, gate of one million souls).

One thing you can do to make it entertaining is what I like to call a "RNG playthrough". Start with the Petrified Something, trade the Something to the crows at the start of the game. You have to use whatever you end up with for the rest of the game. Use the small white soapstone sign when possible to get smooth and silky stones, and trade them to the crows for more things. Always trade with the crows when you can, and you must use everything you get from them. Join the Rat covenant at your first opportunity for more chances to get smooth and silky stones.
>>
File: fBb4IwP.png (342KB, 979x4945px) Image search: [Google]
fBb4IwP.png
342KB, 979x4945px
>>168029918
Let's play Occam's razor here. It makes more sense for it to be Sulyvahn then Lothric. Why would they make a statue with Lothric holding what is Sulyvahns unique weapon?

Plus Sulyvahns clothing is that of the scholars. We also know he's against fire linking just as the first of the scholars was. Ergo, it makes sense for him to be he first scholar and who the statue shows.
>>
>>168029713
It's Lothric of course
Why would they build a statue for Sulyvahn in Lothric
>>
>>168030103
>Why would they make a statue with Lothric holding what is Sulyvahns unique weapon?
To honour his mentor, or something.
>Plus Sulyvahns clothing is that of the scholars
Except the statue is not wearing those that look like pontiffs or the vestments of candle-men.
>>
>>168030103
There is always a simpler explanation.

Simplest explanation: the figure wearing Lothric's clothes, which he's been wearing since birth and are special ceremonial robes that only he wears due to his role as chosen heir, is most likely Prince Lothric. The fact that he probably can't even use the Profaned Greatsword could actually be supported by the fact that he isn't even holding it up on his own. If anything, it looks more like he's struggling to hold it in place the way it is.
>>
what are some fun builds for a new playthrough dsg (no magic or pyro pls)
>>
>>168029728
>don't pretend they were ever relevant lorewise or hold any 100% true proof

I think this is a strawman, no one is doing that, no one is even talking about that.
an anon claimed that DS is a simple and straightforward story, and the 100% lore truth is all you need to make sense of things.

I disagree. If you only took the story at face value, you'd come away with "Linking the fire good! Age of Dark bad!" This might be fine for some, but I feel like it's an oversimplification.
>>
>>168030226
What if we go simpler? Asset an intern decided to reuse.
>>
>>168029918
if it were a statue of Lothric it wouldn't have Pontiff's sword in the first place, though, it would have Lothric's sword

Also: the statue is wearing Pontiff's bracelets

>inb4 muh prayer robes
those robes aren't exclusive to Lothric, all the casters/priests in Lothric Castle wear similar attire
>>
>>168030353

Hidden Body ninja speed run. Backstabs only.
>>
>>168030373
>strawman
>If you only took the story at face value, you'd come away with "Linking the fire good! Age of Dark bad!" This might be fine for some, but I feel like it's an oversimplification

Of course that's an oversimplification, you fucking hypocrite. You're the one doing the oversimplification, and also that's a strawman.

There's also Kaathe, who provides his own argument that the age of dark is good for reasons to add a different perspective from Frampt, there are facts about other things in the game like who the characters are and what they do, what happened where, and a rough order of events, all that jazz. There has to be, if there's enough in place to speculate off at all.

Now quit being a nignog about it.
>>
>Turns out time and space are collapsing
>Earthern Peak's elevator now makes sense thanks to DaS3 lore
>>
>>168030580

>>Earthern Peak's elevator now makes sense thanks to DaS3 lore

Stop making excuses for the horrible bastards who made DS2's level design.
>>
Sulyvahn has no connection to Lothric tho
>muh first scholar
NO
>>
>>168030660
>muh first scholar
yes
>>
>>168029639
>tfw I just realized the other day that Pontiff is the "first scholar" mentioned in that spell you get in t he archives, and not Aldia
>>
>>168030660
>Sulyvahn has no connection to Lothric tho
>a statue in Lothric that either depicts him or Lothric holding his sword
>>
>>168030660
>there's no connection, except this one which I'll immediately deny without counterargument

>>168030528
>casters priests in lothric castle wear similar attire

Sure, but not exactly the same. Theirs looks different.

I like to think the statue is just the idealized version of what everyone was hoping the prince would turn out to be instead of the frail fuckboi they ended up with.
>>
>>168030651
tell that to miyazaki
>>
>>168030373
But you don't. The 100% true relevant lore has people claiming the dark is good as well in all three games.
>>
>>168030651
don't you get it, anon? the geographic inconsistency is a reflection of how badly hollowed the player character is -- they're losing their memory and thus cannot form good recollections of long journeys throughout the continent, ending up in places they shouldn't be without a good perception of how they got there
>>
File: scholar.png (11KB, 1877x137px) Image search: [Google]
scholar.png
11KB, 1877x137px
>>168030724
You only just now figured that out?
>>
>>168030569
>There's also Kaathe

The leader of skeletors? the guy in an endless void?

Yeah the game doesn't try at all to portray him as a bad guy. Just the same as Frampt right? You're fucking deluded and mad about being deluded
>>
>>168030913
to be fair, that information isn't readily available to everyone. not all can read moonrunes
>>
>>168030789
that still doesn't explain why they gave him Pontiff's weapons and jewelry
>>
>>168030981
The fact is that the game presents counterpoints and uses reasoning for them, which contradicts your strawman.
>>
>>168030569
>unironically believing Kaathe's lies
haha epic post buddy, I can't wait to hang out with all my bloathead friends as a hideous Abyss monster will all the hollows and pus of men haha sounds like a good time amirite?
>>
>>168031073
Of course not, because that's the actual question being discussed here. Who it's a statue of or who's sword that is were never in doubt, it was why Prince Lothric has Sulyvahn's sword and bracelets.
>>
>>168030913
wait so if I understand this properly, in addition to all the shit we know for sure that Pontiff did, he ALSO is the one responsible for convincing Lothric to not link the flame? what DIDNT he do?
>>
>>168030913
To be fair, the soul geyser/stream do have the same names and both pontiff/aldia share the tree theme.
>>
>>168031160
>being this bad at reading comprehension
I didn't say anything about Kaathe being right, you ass burger. >>168031094
>>
>>168031241
Survive.
>pontiff_point_down.png
>>
>>168031094
They are counterpoints in the same way a villain is counterpoint to a hero.
The game and story portrays it as such at face value.

Pls find me a character that calls for the Age of Dark who is not portrayed as creepy and evil. I'll wait
>>
>>168031241
>what DIDNT he do?
The whole plot of vanilla das3 can be summarized with "Pontiff fucks the world". It's only in the DLCs that we learn about the things Londor did instead.
>>
File: justdolin.png (279KB, 354x664px) Image search: [Google]
justdolin.png
279KB, 354x664px
>>168031320
Will bluebois ever recover?
>>
>>168031418
>Pontiff hanging out around the exit to the Painted World

>MY NAME IS NOT IMPORTANT, WHAT IS IMPORTANT, IS WHAT I AM GOING TO DO
>>
File: 1486651421632.jpg (337KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
1486651421632.jpg
337KB, 1280x1811px
What new lore will we learn about /OURBOY/ in the ringed city?
>>
>>168031382
>They are counterpoints in the same way a villain is counterpoint to a hero
Fucking false. The game makes no attempt to define either ending as good or evil, and Frampt is no less duplicitous than Kaathe. He manipulates you just as much in the exact same way to serve his own ends. The Age of Fire isn't shown as anything more than the continuation of what little is left after the events of Dark Souls 1, and the Age of Dark isn't presented as anything more than a total reset button.

>muh false dilemma
Get out of here with your plebian-tier argumentative structure.
>>
I'll view the DLC as a letdown if we don't get to fight some fucking Primordial Serpents.
>>
>>168031418
well to be fair, Aldrich and McDonnel acomplished a lot of evil shit on their own before Pontiff showed up
>>
>>168029713
It's Lothric wearing one of Sulyvahn's bangles and admiring the Profaned Greatsword.
>>
>>168031418
>It's only in the DLCs that we learn about the things Londor did instead.
what
>>
>>168031690
AoA was Londor: the DLC, and TRC has Swords of Avowal stuck literally everywhere + it seems like the Angelic Faith of Lothric was all a part of Yuria's plan
>>
>>168031636
Fair point. I almost said we don't actually know when Pontiff showed up, except we know Aldrich was from at least one firelinking ago. I don't remember him doing any evil shit aside from eating people and corrupting an entire church, though. The road of sacrifices was probably his doing, at most.
>>
>>168031662

>Sulyvahn fucked Lothric into the twink he is today

What else has this madman achieved?
>>
>>168031776
>AoA was Londor
You can't just say stuff like that without elaborating
>>
File: 02-HpBpWJ2.png (796KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
02-HpBpWJ2.png
796KB, 1280x720px
>>168031606
why would you want to fight a primordial serpent?
every single big monster boss fight in Souls is disgustingly bad. If we get to fight one, I hope it talks during the fight (or we can hear its snoring as we approach), and it isn't a "here's three phases bro, ok you defeated him, bonfire, yay!". I unironically expect something fucked up after defeating one, like the world suddenly imploding in front of you, or everything freezing, or a final CGI cutscene. Otherwise the impact of fighting a primordial serpent is completely gone if they're just one more boss.
>>
>>168031316
no, but you're saying one would be just as likely to side with Kaathe and dark as Frampt and fire. And the game does nothing to portray one side better or worse than the other...

"It's just a different worldview bro!"

>>168031592
>Frampt is no less duplicitous than Kaath

If you're just going by what's presented without speculating, why would you believe that?
If you don't think that the dark is depicted negatively in the game, I don't know what to say. You're deluded, perhaps you've gone Hollow?
>>
>>168031791
I think that it's safe to say that everything up to Aldrich linking the flame was done on his own without Pontiff's help

>eating tons of people alive
>torturing people to death for fun
>setting up the evilest religion in Souls history
>fucking up the Undead settlement
>destroying Astora
>not evil
>>
>>168031776
>AoA was Londor
but it wasn't. AoA is all about re-introducing paintings to the plot and making them relevant (possibly the focal point of it all). Elfriede (who abandoned the Sable Church, so she isn't even L O N D O R anymore) is merely there to explain the corruption.
>>
>>168031606
>>168031867
It's pretty much confirmed it's gonna be serpents
>SnakeSoul
>>
>>168031859
Friede was from Londor, the Painting is some kind of dark magic, and the entire point of AoA was to show how deluded Londor was, by showing what a bad idea it is to keep a rotting world on life support past its' expiration date instead of letting it die
>>
>>168032013
you're bracing yourself for disappointment if you're expecting this >>168031867
though (the pic, the text part is basically impossible)
>>
>>168031537
The one you killed in Irithyll was an illusion cast by Aldrich.
>>
>>168032032
>nd the entire point of AoA was to show how deluded Londor was, by showing what a bad idea it is to keep a rotting world on life support past its' expiration date instead of letting it die
what are you talking about you retard
Londor and its agents (the sisters of the Sable Church) want to end the age of fire, that's why they ask you to steal the flame and let the world die
>>
File: locke in death pit sad.jpg (48KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
locke in death pit sad.jpg
48KB, 624x351px
>tfw can't beat Pontiff

I can't kill his clone fast enough and when both gang up on me I'm fucked.

Help.
>>
>>168031859
Friede was one of the Sable Church's three founders, Vilhelm was her knight, Friede abandoned the Sable Church and found something she wanted to preserve in the Painted World so she convinced Father Ariandel to quench the flame with his blood so the painting would linger instead of being remade. AoA was the Painted World with Londor makeup.

>>168031921
>you're saying one would be just as likely to side with Kaathe and dark as Frampt and fire
This is true, though. People were arguing for months which side was the actual "good" ending because the game never tells you. It only presents arguments for both sides and lets you figure it out on your own.

>If you don't think that the dark is depicted negatively in the game, I don't know what to say
The Age of Dark is presented as a total reset button. Nothing more, nothing less. The Age of Fire is presented as a continuation of what little is left. Nothing more, nothing less. Neither ending is presented in terms of good or evil, only whether you think there's anything worth saving or if you're going to throw it all away for a fresh start.

Thinking otherwise requires information that isn't actually in the game, i.e. speculation.
>>
>>168032068
I'm not, I know that The Know screenshots are all from scrapped beta builds where we fought Gundy in Oceiros' room and Wolnir in Yhorms.
>>
>>168032235
Try dodging
>>
>>168031940
I forgot about the Astora bit.

>>168032179
Londor's stated goal is to give the First Flame to mankind, since there aren't any gods left to make use of it. Yuria says these exact words, only a little more flowery. The end result, as shown in the ending cutscene, is an age separate from either light or dark populated by barely sane hollows who hardly have the energy to kneel, but will most likely continue existing in perpetuity.
>>
>>168032179
wow how is it possible to miss the point this hard

>usurping the flame is letting the world die
no it isn't, letting the fire die is letting the world die. shoving it inside yourself and keeping it alive with your humanity is NOT letting the world die, it is letting the world fester forever instead of dying as intended, just like how refusing to burn the painting causes rot and fester. it's no better than continuing to link the flame. letting the world outside the painting die is the End of Fire ending
>>
File: pontiffposting.png (644KB, 1306x892px) Image search: [Google]
pontiffposting.png
644KB, 1306x892px
>>168032235
You can damage his phantom while he's summoning it. He's not exceptionally hard, but I still consider him to be on the harder spectrum of Souls bosses if you don't parry him.
I also find the circlejerk around him amusing.
>>
>>168032235
>killing the clone
>>
>>168032235
P A R just summon
>>
>seeded gank squad hiding in the top of the ladder shortcut room at pontiff (after the silver knights)
>spamming pyros and force from the doorway
>fuck this, invaded these faggots three times in a row now
>whip out milliwood bow + obscuring ring
>watch the host from the platform after the waterway bonfire
>every so often he runs out to jump on invaders
>one time he runs off
>charge up my bow
>he kills the invader
>he's running back to his fuccbois
>shoot the arrow into the corner of the bridge
>think I fucked up, not good with bow
>host doesn't see it
>runs past it
>it explodes
>gets blasted into the abyss below
>go home with shekel

My first bow kill, felt good.
>>
>>168029541
I want to lick his wooden cloaca
>>
what is the hardest boss in DaS3?
>>
>>168032483

The Pontiff really is a Deviantart-tier OC character.
>>
>>168032527
I always found this amusing. All the horror stories I heard about Pontiff intimidated me to all hell, so I summoned Gotthard and Anri on my first attempt, expecting a super hard fight, and they ended up just handing him his ass without me ever falling below 50% HP.

He's one of the few bosses in the game where summoning AI phantoms will turn him into a fucking joke.
>>
File: pontiff smash.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
pontiff smash.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>
File: 1483951867571.jpg (36KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483951867571.jpg
36KB, 360x360px
This is my first build. I didn't have the confidence to make my own, so I made a "pre-made" one for Prince Austin Lyle from kings field 3

120 Deprived

Vigor: 20
Endurance: 20
Vitality: 21
Attunement: 20
Strength: 20
Dexterity: 30
Adaptability: 6
Intelligence: 30
Faith: 6

LH1: Blue Flame
LH2: Bare Fists
LH3: Moonlight GS
RH1: Royal Kite Shield
RH2: Drakeblood GS
RH3: Bare Fists

Spell 1: Magic Weapon
Spell 2: Shockwave
Spell 3: Soul Greatsword
Spell 4: Repair

Ring 1: Ring of Blades
Ring 2: Third Dragon Ring
Ring 3: Ring of Restoration
Ring 4: Bracing Knuckle Ring

No Estus, Lifegems, green blossom, crimson water and Dragon Charms only, no bonfire or death run
>>
>>168032756
Sister Friede
Three fucking health bars and the last phase is basically Lady Maria
>>
how did Pontiff break the dancer?
>>
>>168032985
Literally fucked her silly.
>>
>>168032985
He put a ring on it
>>
>>168032810
Of course he is. Pontiff was born in a painted world, then escaped the painting and came to life. He's literally someone's OC.
>>
>>168032810
It's a tough call between him, Friede and Maria from BB.
>evil pope wizard king with 2 massive swords, a Stand and touhou twig wings
>evil dual scythe nun with 2 scythes and ice + black fire
>evil undying huntress with flammable blood and twinblade that transforms into 2kat
>>
>>168033035
>implying that he didn't edge her 24/7, teasing the brink of an orgasm and only allowing her to cum when she renounced the gods
>>
>>168033152
>>168033035

>bursts out of a drippy cum bubble
>>
File: ().jpg (53KB, 518x444px) Image search: [Google]
().jpg
53KB, 518x444px
>>168032924
>brass set
still mad about your trapfu huh
>>
Lore question time.

>gwyn gave a lord soul fragment to the four kings
>gwyn at some point left to fight chaos and link the first flame
>aota happens in the past, before new londo was built

When exactly did Gwyn go to link the fire? Did he actually see Manus hulk out and corrupt an entire city, then just sit around for a few hundred years and let a bunch of people repopulate the same place again? New Londo built a fucking staircase into the Abyss for crying out loud, what did he think would happen?
>>
>>168033308
Gwyn probably linked the flame before Oolacile revived Manus and drove him insane with whatever fucked-up things they did, he never saw the Abyss

New Londo was built and thriving at this point, the reason why the 4Kangs got suckered into the Abyss party was because that shit was literally leaking up into their basement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGQ86Aet_7M
>>
>>168033308
No one said he was very smart. He's basically just Zeus. Only difference being he didn't birth someone from his thigh. (That we know of)
>>
>>168033308
On that note, why does the abyss look different from the abyss in AOTA? In vanilla its just a void. In aota its basuclsly just hell if it was dank looking rock
>>
who are the Painter's parents?

we're going to kill the Pygmy and have to give The Dark Soul loot to Gael, aren't we?

>>168033579
it's not as old and "matured" as it is in the present
>>
File: oolacile darkroot.jpg (239KB, 1038x1174px) Image search: [Google]
oolacile darkroot.jpg
239KB, 1038x1174px
>>168033447
But if that were true, then Gwyn couldn't have given the Four Kings a piece of his Lord Soul because New Londo didn't exist back then.

Look at this map, New Londo occupies the space where Chasm of the Abyss is in AotA. Chester and Elizabeth both say that you're in the past, which means Gwyn cannot have left to link the fire until well after Manus went apeshit.
>>
I want bone fist in DLC2.

If it doesn't happen i'll
>>
File: 1485131449032.gif (2MB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485131449032.gif
2MB, 280x200px
Holy shit you can buy boss armours in DS1! I had no idea despite a hundred plus hours.

>mfw I can BE the 2cute4u princess
>>
>>168033629
>you're in the past, which means that Gwyn cannot have left to link the flame yet
says who? explain why you can't time-travel to a past point somewhere in the 1000 year time period between when Gwyn linked the flame and you do so. this is bizarre logic

>New Londo didn't exist back then
it was a thriving Undead city before the Abyss was a thing, you dongus, the Abyss came up everywhere AFTER the city was built and the 4 Kings got a fragment of Gwyn's soul.
>>
>>168033679
Kamehamehadouken?
>>
>>168033679
I'd rather not have it if it's going to just have a generic shitty moveset.
>>
File: 1472254025931.jpg (2MB, 2373x2159px) Image search: [Google]
1472254025931.jpg
2MB, 2373x2159px
>>168033792
Kamehamehadouken the Emerald Heralds face.
>>
>>168033886
If it was going to be in, it'd probably have a backflip kick as one of its art moves.
>>
>>168033752
Did you read?

Chester and Elizabeth explain that you've gone into the past when Manus pulled you into Oolacile.

In AotA, the Chasm of the Abyss is a big gaping hole that occupies the space where New Londo would normally be. Since we already know this is the past, that means New Londo cannot have been built yet.

This is supported by Alvina saying Artorias' legend is false (his legend being that he fought the darkwraiths). Artorias cannot have ever fought the darkwraiths because they didn't exist back then.

If Gwyn gave a lord soul fragment to the four kings, that means he didn't leave to link the fire until well after the events of AotA.
>>
File: painter lewder.jpg (141KB, 431x600px) Image search: [Google]
painter lewder.jpg
141KB, 431x600px
>>168033608
>who are the Painter's parents?
We don't know.
People will claim it's Priscilla, but I doubt that, her features are more serpentine than draconic, which makes it even spookier considering she's in search of Dark Soul of Man which she needs to paint a "cold, dark, and very gentle place" which almost identically matches the description of the Deep.
>>
>>168033679
>>168033886
>it's just the caestus with a new weapon art

I can actually see them fucking it up like that.
>>
File: 20170211124607_1.jpg (355KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170211124607_1.jpg
355KB, 1600x900px
Geez, did Lightning Spear murder the director's family or something? This is horrible
>>
>>168032245
> It only presents arguments for both sides and lets you figure it out on your own.
The sides are not presented the same way though, You meet Kingseeker Frampt first in sunny safe space, You meet Darkstalker Kaathe in a black void. It's easy to disregard what he says because on the surface he seems "evil". It's only when you try to look deeper and speculate (or edgy contrarian) you'll start to side with Kaathe.

The original argument was that DS lore is simple and straightforward! no speculation necessary! I dunno. I'm not convinced.

>The Age of Dark is presented as a total reset button. Nothing more, nothing less
I think you're glossing over that a bit. It is an indeterminable period of nothingness. I think the idea of an Age of Dark frightens people, It feeds off a person's fear of death. Most people would rather have fading shit than nothing.
>>
File: 1483263920224.jpg (98KB, 297x290px) Image search: [Google]
1483263920224.jpg
98KB, 297x290px
>>168033936
>Sauldens tombstone in the background
>>
>>168034008
More likely they'll keep its powerstance moveset, but make the R1 moveset into normal fist attacks. Its L2 becomes a stance that lets you use its original R1 moveset and hadokens with R2, but because it's a stance you can't use the running or rolling attacks anymore. The two-handed moveset is also completely removed.
>>
>>168034124
It's not much better in DS3, either
>>
>>168034208
Can't lewd up the Emerald Herald with some weird guy looking on from the obelisk, can you?
>>
>>168033974
Her father was Nameless King and her mother was a Man-Serpent (or Woman-Serpent, in this case)
"Gael" is actually Gwyndolin, and the "Gwyndolin" that Aldrich ate was actually an illusion
>>
File: 12362.jpg (543KB, 1700x1194px) Image search: [Google]
12362.jpg
543KB, 1700x1194px
>>
>>168034230
3 has Gnaw/Dorphys Gnawing miracles which murder the shit out of PvE because bleeding and dark are OP and Gnaw deals both.
>>
>>168034124
It was absurdly broken upon release, it's actually supposed to have more stacks than that but it was accidentally nerfed in a patch, and it was never fixed.

And, believe it or not, Faith is actually BETTER in this game than it is in the next one. You think Tanimura had it in for Faith? See what Miyazaki does to it.
>>
>>168034124
Say it with me now.

Artificial...
>>
>>168034390
Grass
>>
File: 11354.jpg (263KB, 1700x592px) Image search: [Google]
11354.jpg
263KB, 1700x592px
>>
>>168034124
It was good enough for retards to use successfully in pve so they made it useless for everyone
They stay shit in 3
>>
>>168033970
No, it occupies the space underneath New Londo, just like how the 4Kings is physically underneath New Londo, not on top of it. Your map does not show the Z axis, only the X and Y. Look at the video in >>168033447, the geography works out

>Artorias cannot have ever fought the Darkwraiths as they didn't exist back then

>The legend that Artorias repelled the Abyss only told half the story. -- Soul of Artorias

Artorias fighting the Darkwraiths really happened. This is mentioned in the description of his weapons, and in his anti-Abyss ring (which actually works). Anor Londor didn't catch wind of the Abyss until after the crisis had spread to the point of progressing beyond Oolacile and infecting the neighboring city of New Londo. Artorias showed up and started fucking up the Darkwraiths, but was forced to leave New Londo and rescue Princess Dusk and kill Manus. The falsehood of his legend is that he defeated Manus. New Londo was flooded in because the keepers couldn't deal with the Darkwraiths without Artorias' help.
>>
>>168034362
>Gnaw
>bad
>378 HP for 13 FP
>bad
>>
>>168033936
I want to power stance dual wield her majulas

>>168033974
> the description of the Deep.
I'm still having trouble understanding what the deep is. I thought it was just Aldritch's dream of the coming age of dark.
but then there's too many descriptions of water and the sea. Is it an Abyss so thick it's like you're in water? Or did Aldritch want to eat the entire world so it'd be covered in his goo?
>>
>>168034473
Did Ariandel or Qt3.14painter paint all those pictures of Friede?
>>
File: tumblr_ncjfmnICmk1smqdazo1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1517px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncjfmnICmk1smqdazo1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1517px
>>168034330
I don't even want shannalotte. I want Mr. Faraam. She's just a trash oc that combines Frampt/MiB in one.
>>
>>168034612
>I'm still having trouble understanding what the deep is
The Deep is what happens when you get a giant collection of Humanity all in one spot, but that humanity ISN'T wild, which is what distinguishes it from the Abyss. When people die, their humanity occasionally doesn't linger on their corpse. It sinks, as humanity is heavy, coalescing quietly in the roots of the world almost like a viscous, sludgy fluid, where it then sits stagnantly and peacefully. Occasionally some of it comes to the surface, which you can observe as the giant Humanity lake outside the CotD. The Dark Soul has been re-forming spontaneously as the fire fades, and in the 2nd DLC when literally the whole world crushes down to a single point, this mass of humanity is brought to the surface.
>>
>>168034191
Dark Souls lore is what's literally stated in the game. This includes every item description, every NPC dialogue, and every world design choice. It literally does not get any simpler than "this is what it says". Reciting what the game says requires zero thought, zero speculation, zero mental activity of any kind outside memorization. It is simplicity itself.

Kaathe being found in a dark and spooky place and being snakey as fuck does not mean Frampt is suddenly trustworthy. That's retarded, you're being retarded, and I think you're doing it on purpose at this point. It's plain as day that Frampt isn't telling you the whole story, and his little side comments add up until he all but states that "becoming the next king" involves taking Gwyn's place as kindling instead of being a ruler like he implies. Frampt tries to convince the player that they're going to rule over a kingdom, he says nothing about burning forever. Kaathe gives the player some of the information Frampt was withholding, and points out parts where Frampt was lying in order to convince you that letting the fire die would be the better choice (though he frames it more as letting nature do what it's supposed to be doing). Trusting either of them is stupidity itself, it's just that you don't have any other choices.

It doesn't matter how long the nothingness goes on, or how much it frightens people. None of that is relevant. Yes, people are afraid of losing the things they have, that's a central theme of the series and is the reason why all the characters except one are trying to push you into linking the fire for them. The age of dark is a total reset button, tossing everything away for a new start. The intermittent period isn't even a factor, since everyone will be hollow during it. Kaathe even encourages you to use the dark hand to make people hollow when you talk to him.
>>
>>168034612
Maybe?

I think it's just something that carried over from Bloodborne, but there wasn't much thought how that would actually work in the game.
>>
File: 20170211142821_3.jpg (362KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
20170211142821_3.jpg
362KB, 1680x945px
r8 my newbie knight
>>
>>168033974
please delete this, the Painter is not for lewd
>>
>>168034984
10/10 Because bastard sword
>>
>>168034990
She gets lonely too you know?
>>
>>168035083
she is only a child you degenerate
>>
>>168034846
>and every world design choice
>Kaathe being found in a dark and spooky place and being snakey as fuck does not mean Frampt is suddenly trustworthy.

The leader of a group of skullfaced humanity stealers is just as trustworthy as a bumbling sleepy snake?
k
>>
>>168034984
Bastard sword best sword
>>
>>168035082
Right? This thing is sweet. Not only it looks gorgeous, it has an amazing weapon art.
>>
>>168034984

Love the Bastard Sword.
>>
File: 1477350674659.jpg (242KB, 495x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477350674659.jpg
242KB, 495x600px
>>168034515
>>168033447
>chasm of the abyss is valley of drakes
>fallen pillar in chasm leads from oolacile to 4kings boss room
>new londo isn't actually accessible in the dlc at all

Then where the fuck is New Londo? I don't even know what's going on anymore.
>>
>>168035219
A bumbling sleepy snake that seemingly has the power to hollow people who displease it at will?
Remember what happened to the Crestfallen?
>>
what are the odds that giving the Dark Soul to Gael unlocks a 4th ending?
>>
>>168035185
She's many cycles old and uses archaic speech, so it's okay. Please don't neglect and discriminate against her only because of her body type.
>>
>>168035185
You can tell a person age by their feet

She has granny feet
>>
File: KIMG0646.jpg (410KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0646.jpg
410KB, 1440x2560px
>As we see here, the young cleric is unsure of his status in life, and has taken a defensive pose against predators.
>>
File: 8459118.png (19KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
8459118.png
19KB, 390x470px
>>168035375
lol oh man you should make youtube videos
>>
>>168035219
>The leader of a group of skullfaced humanity stealers is just as trustworthy as a bumbling sleepy snake?
No, dipshit. The bumbling sleepy snake is just as untrustworthy as the sneaky snake. There's a difference.

You keep trying to pretend I'm saying Kaathe is trustworthy, with the unspoken implication that Frampt himself is trustworthy. If you aren't going to argue with honesty, then just fuck off already.
>>
>>168035323
Oolacile/Valley of Drakes was changed over time as the Abyss retreated and shit got fucked up, so it's not exactly a 1:1 match, but the basic geography is still there

>where is New Londo
still on top of the Abyss, they didn't let you access it because they wanted to focus on Oolacile
>>
>>168035564
New Londo should still be visible from that location, though. In fact, now that I think about it, it should still be visible from within the Chasm of the Abyss. Four Kings' boss room and Manus' boss room are in the same location, and you have to drop down from the same height to reach both. You should be able to see New Londo from that point, but it isn't there.

Alvina also says outright that the legend of Artorias was a lie. It never happened. Artorias' real equipment and weapons talk about how he met his end in the Abyss of Oolacile. So, he didn't fight the Darkwraiths either.
>>
>>168035545
>No, dipshit. The bumbling sleepy snake is just as untrustworthy as the sneaky snake. There's a difference.

that's basically the same statement. You have no reason not to trust Frampt
Why is Frampt not trustworthy? only because of the shit Kaathe says!

>If you aren't going to argue with honesty
it's not my fault you're retarded
>>
File: great soapstone message.png (89KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
great soapstone message.png
89KB, 500x429px
>>168035375
Not the anon you are replying to but this wasnt directly stated in game, if anything it was implied and not even really that since you find him in new londo which is the opposite direction of frampt. What you are doing right now is speculating, which you yourself deemed forbidden if you are the poster who had this huge argument with the other poster.
>>
>>168035790
New Londo is built inside of a cave, you can't see shit about it from the outside, and in the past Valley of Drakes was a cave system with a roof so good luck trying to look up and see New Londo through solid rock
>>
>>168034831
so Aldritch wants the world covered in humanity dregs?
>>
>>168032235
try splitting between him and his clone when he summons it, with unlocked camera a little above you so you can see both

if you allow him to keep his clone by his side (like he summons it and wants it to be) you're gonna have a real bad time
>>
>>168035790
>Artorias' real equipment and weapons talk about how he met his end in Oolacile so he couldn't have fought Darkwraiths
unless he was fighting Darkwraiths before getting redirected to Oolacile

Also, Alvina is lying to you
>The legend of Artorias art none but a fabrication.
>… Traversing the dark? 'Tis but a fairy tale. -- referring to the Abysswalker Covenant ring that legitimately functions
she's bullshitting you to keep you away from his grave, don't trust a word of it
>>
>>168035813
>You have no reason not to trust Frampt
That is an entirely different statement. The truth is that you don't have any reason to trust Frampt, and as I said already Frampt's own statements do not add up with the reality presented in-game. Kaathe simply points out inconsistencies before you get to the point where Frampt's own story starts to fall apart.

>it's not my fault you're retarded
So that's it, then? Your speculation couldn't hold up, so now you're trying to pretend like you were just pretending all along.
>>
>>168031537

Do we need more?

He's pretty much full out, other than perhaps how he was in the Painted World in the first place.
>>
>>168035876
I'm not, I'm just butting in because Anon is trying to argue that somehow Frampt is the utterly trustworthy figure while the game spends multiple item descriptions screaming at you about how snakes are shifty as all hell.

Hell, Kaathe and Frampt are even identical characters.
>>
>>168035937
he wants the Age of Dark to come and the fire to die, a side effect of which is Humanity being dominant (Age of the Deep)
>>
>>168030353
Faith
>>
>>168036101
>Frampt's own statements do not add up with the reality presented in-game
example? You say Frampt is just as untrustworthy as Kaathe but haven't provided any evidence at all.

>So that's it, then? Your speculation couldn't hold up, so now you're trying to pretend like you were just pretending all along.
sorry anon, you called me bad names so I called you bad names back, you're right though....I should be better than you.
>>
>>168035928
New Londo's cave is full of holes and has a giant door, with the biggest hole being directly below it leading into the hole you jump into. It should be visible from the outside, if not from the entrance to Manus' room. It should be there, but it isn't. The only thing in and around where New Londo ought to be is pitch black darkness. You can stand at the entrance of the Chasm and look over to where New Londo ought to be, and there's only nothing. Not even a wall, actually.

>>168036052
If Artorias had that ring in his possession, he wouldn't have been killed by the Abyss. It would've allowed him to walk through it. The only evidence for Alvina lying is if New Londo actually does exist in AotA, except as above there's no way to see it at all, even when there aren't any walls that would otherwise obstruct your vision.
>>
>>168032235
If you're melee, use a bundle/resin against the clone.
>>
>>168036440
>If Artorias had that ring in his possession, he wouldn't have been killed by the Abyss.
Artorias died by getting his shit slapped in by Manus and/or the humanity sprites in the Chasm of the Abyss. Go ahead and but the Covenant of Artorias on and see if it makes you immune to them
>>
>Let the Fire Keeper take the flame

Why is this the good ending of DS3?
>>
File: 1478491046328.jpg (107KB, 492x723px) Image search: [Google]
1478491046328.jpg
107KB, 492x723px
I heard that stuff like SO and deep protection apparently suck in PvP and the damage bonus is different, can someone elaborate on that a bit, please?
What about the sun sword WA? Power Within? yeah i know it's still shit, but I'm interested in damage-amplification part of the spell here. RTSR/Morion Blade?
>>
>can't kill darkbeast even on the 20lvl anymore because das3 made me too casual
Suffering
>>
File: 1243293252187.jpg (47KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
1243293252187.jpg
47KB, 266x400px
>the spiked club has a faster version of the great club R2

how did I not know this
>>
>>168036408
>example?
EVERY LINE OF DIALOGUE

Frampt's dialogue
Gwynevere's dialogue (can't blame you for glossing over that with her massive boobs right there, though)
Together, they paint a picture of you ruling over a kingdom in a glorious new age with Gwynevere at your side. The actual truth is that you're burning forever in the kiln just like Gwyn did, becoming a "king" posthumously.

I cannot believe a person managed to miss all of that. I've been here since Dark Souls 1 and you really are the first person I've seen to miss it. Which is why I don't believe you at all.
>>
>>168036621
Use Beast Pellet + Fire Paper.
>>
File: typical dsg user.png (398KB, 978x630px) Image search: [Google]
typical dsg user.png
398KB, 978x630px
I'm going to post this here, because this retard is clearly a 4channer.

>Playing my basic, casual priestess build in DaS 2.
>Get summoned via Blue Knight.
>Another casual getting invaded by a fag-tron twink mage at McDuff's.
>We slowly destroy his ass because I can heal myself with miracles the few times his spells hit.
>At 10% health, turns on Cheat Engine and Touhou's us.
>Adds me, calls me "ganker filth".
>Genuinely butt-blasted. I'm just laffin'.
>De-friends me before I could attempt to explore the logical fallacies of a Cheat Engine Sorcerer Twink invading people trying to craft - but calling an Apostle summon "ganker".

Now I've seen everything.
Is this what teens these days think constitutes trolling? Pretending to be retarded?

Even if that guy doesn't read this, I know some of you ARE actually this retarded, so...
>>
>>168034230
Ds3 lightning spears are pretty good though.
>>
>>168036670
>EVERY LINE OF DIALOGUE

just need one example anon, It's not hard
>>
>>168036560
Linking has grown horribly inefficient, and the world has grown into a gigantic garbage fire almost completely incapable of sustaining life.

And you have to be mad to think that shackling the First Flame to the Dark Soul when the Dark has a distressing tendency to run rampant and swallow cities while vomitting abominations all over the place is a good thing.
>>
>>168036558
>Artorias died by getting his shit slapped in by Manus and/or the humanity sprites in the Chasm of the Abyss
Speculation. His armor claims he met his end in the Abyss, and his sword claims that he was swallowed by the Abyss. These are things that ring should've been able to prevent.

Alvina is only lying if New Londo did in fact exist back then, despite it being apparently invisible from locations where it should be visible. New Londo is actually really big, even if you can't explore most of it since it's all underwater and doesn't have collision boxes.
>>
>>168036440
are you seriously complaining that you can't see through the darkness of the Abyss like it was air? If you're standing on the long fallen pillar bridge in the Chasm of the Abyss, if you were to look left and up, that would be the giant door to New Londo. However, you can't see it because the Abyss is in the way. It's the Abyss, it's opaque. Go ahead and look up from the 4Kings arena and see if you can spot New Londo from inside the Abyss. Protip: you can't.
>>
>>168036670
>glorious new age with Gwynevere at your side.
What? now you're just straight up lying
>>
>>168036593
Thank you Archdrake
>>
>>168036756
>"4channer"
>unironically using ellipses
Guy might be a faggot, but you should fuck off back to r/darksouls or whatever shithole you came from.
>>
>>168036756
>4channer

You have to go back
>>
>>168036593
>I heard that stuff like SO and deep protection apparently suck in PvP and the damage bonus is different
Body buff bonuses are halved in PvP. Penalties are not.

Sunlight Straight Sword is halved, Power Within is halved, not sure about Morion/RTS.
>>
File: dolango.png (37KB, 223x209px) Image search: [Google]
dolango.png
37KB, 223x209px
>>168036976
>>168036981
>muh sekrit club

Ok, so what terminology should I use?
/dsg/ fag?
/v/irgin?

Or are you still living in 2007 and
>we don't talk about 4chan
>>
>>168037023
Yet weapon buffs are the same? For what purpose?
>>
>>168037023
Really wish that wasn't the case. Dark clutch would be great for dark builds, covering every casting class as long as it deals dark damage.
>>
>>168036889
>His armor claims he met his end in the Abyss
yeah, he met his end fighting monsters in the Abyss, his shield arm is physically broken for a reason, he was wounded in combat and got infected. The Abysswalker ring doesn't make you LITERALLY INVINCIBLE against the attacks of Abyssal opponents, holy shit
>>
>>168034230
In DS3 you can reach like 2k damage output with a single sunlight spear and that's on top of gnaw miracles and stake all of which are better than overnerfed DS2 miracles.
>>
>>168036785
The one example is that Frampt never elaborates on what "becoming king" truly means. He lies by omission, same as Kaathe does. They are equally untrustworthy by virtue of doing the same thing to manipulate you in the same way, even if their end goals are different.

>give me an example where frampt lies
Do you not know what lying by omission is? Give me one example where Kaathe lies. If nothing he tells you is untrue, then surely he's perfectly trustworthy. Appearances can be deceiving, you know.

See? I can do it, too.
>>
File: sweep.webm (3MB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
sweep.webm
3MB, 640x358px
>>168036641
I wonder how good this is for roll catching

I wish some axes had this moveset.
>>
>>168036926
>Go ahead and look up from the 4Kings arena
I wasn't talking about being in the 4kings arena, I was talking about being above it at the part where you drop down, same elevation as the drop into Manus' arena.
>>
File: 1485960363821.jpg (673KB, 3204x2398px) Image search: [Google]
1485960363821.jpg
673KB, 3204x2398px
>>168037192
>Tfw 2680 damage against a corvian knight with sunlight spear
This is insane.
>>
>>168037130
Noone who frequents this shithole says "4channer". It's a hallmark of an outsider, hence why people will always ridicule your for using it. Go ahead and try it on other boards if you dont believe me.
>Ok, so what terminology should I use? /dsg/ fag? /v/irgin?
The most common term you see is simply "anon".
>>
How do I actually level up a pyromancer?
I knwo the end stats but have no idea how to build casters in DS3.
It's just for PVE. I'm going 30/30 int/faith, base str/dex.
>>
>>168037130
I'm not the one who gets annoyed enough at fighting a shitter that he has to post about it here.

>explore the logical fallacies
>actually arguing with someone you fought in souls

Just call him a faggot and be done with it.
>>
>>168037385
Thunder is super effective against Flying
>>
Can anybody post that banner description that mentions Gwyn and the Ringed City ? It's not in the Vaati pastebin.
>>
>>168037337
Manus' arena has the same inky black sky as the 4kings arena, you're not seeing shit from it, and what's more is that it's flanked by solid rock so you can't see anything above it from "outside" the arena

also, the 4kings drop is way bigger than the manus drop
>>
>>168036889

The ring allows you to traverse it. It doesn't stop monsters from fucking you in the ass.
>>
>going through Irythill dungeon when I get invaded by a mad spirit
>fucker starts running away to hide when he's losing
>actually goes into one of those cells with the golum-like enemies

I mean, by this point in the game, they should be aware of the seed, right?
>>
>>168037130

Holy shit your entire post is crafted out of pure meme. Please stop, you're not cool.
>>
File: 1486723624884.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486723624884.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>168037507
Here you go.
>>
File: IMG_0870.jpg (73KB, 671x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0870.jpg
73KB, 671x490px
anyone up for some ng+ hell? in road of sacrifices right now, ps4
>>
File: Pontiff_Knight.jpg (224KB, 594x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Pontiff_Knight.jpg
224KB, 594x1077px
>the shieldless ones keep aggressively moving on you and dodging back when you try to hit them
>have a literal 6-swing combo that can cut through your HP like butter
>their vertical spin attack can chain up to 4 times
>the only way you're going to prevent them from pulling these chain combos is by trying to dodge behind them, but then they just do their leap away to keep you from hitting them

>the ones with shields just sit back and spam Affinity at you, never approaching you to attack and goading you to run at them and falling into ambushes

I never realized just how assholish these guys were until I tried fighting them without a shield. Guess it doesn't help that I'm doing this at SL36 either.
>>
>>168037237
I'm convinced! Dark Souls is a simple and straightforward story. no speculation needed!

thank you anon
>>
>>168037163
Who said it makes you literally invincible to attacks? All I said is that Arty's sword claims the abyss swallowed him, which that ring should've prevented if he had it. We should've found a bruised and battered corpse in the abyss, not a thoroughly corrupted guy walking around leaking dark everywhere.
>>
>>168038167
But that is simple and straightforward. The game actually shows you how they're lying. What's not simple about that?
>>
File: 1481502914418.png (253KB, 817x740px) Image search: [Google]
1481502914418.png
253KB, 817x740px
>>168038053
>also covered by fire witches
The space between the beginning of irithyll and church rapes most hosts i'm invading.
>>
>>168037950
Thanks, anon, I'll save it this time.
>Gwyn's youngest daughter
Knew there was some shittery going on since the DaS3 Sun Princess Ring calls Gwynevere "eldest daughter of Gwyn" (impliying there's more than one daughter), unlike DaS1 where she was simply called "daughter of Lord Gywn".
>>
>>168038053
The first part of Irithyll is absolutely horrible, I just sprint past everything directly to the Church of Yorshka
>>
>>168038321
>What's not simple about that?
I'd answer but it'd be speculation on my part!
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (56KB, 937x534px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
56KB, 937x534px
>>168038674
>he's been reduced to memeing
>>
>>168038053
Parrying works well against them
>>
>>168038797
He's gone hollow, the poor lad
>>
>>168038843
> dmb twinblade player from the moon
is there anything more horrifying
>>
File: outskilled.jpg (313KB, 4685x2457px) Image search: [Google]
outskilled.jpg
313KB, 4685x2457px
>>168032235
>tfw my great chaos fire orbs killed his clones whenever they spawned
>>
What was the go-to talisman again? Canvas?
>>
>>168038184
all the ring does is make it so that walking on the Abyss doesn't instantly kill you. it doesn't prevent corruption or injury if you get fucked up by monsters. Artorias got Abyss shoved directly up his asshole in combat with something, left his shield behind with a wounded Sif, and retreated while being consumed by the Abyss that had been planted facehugger-style within him
>>
File: goblin.gif (2MB, 378x293px) Image search: [Google]
goblin.gif
2MB, 378x293px
>>168037701
This is a very ironic post.

>Look how cool I am by deciding what is or isn't cool.

Do you seriously think I give a fuck if you think I'm cool?
You fucking 4channers.
:)

The shit some of you decide to take offense to is asinine at best.
>>
File: 1463053513769.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1463053513769.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
How useful is Fire Surge in PVP?
What pyromancy combos do you use?
>>
>>168039306 y
>>
>>168039613

Fedora as hell.
>>
>>168039660
Whoa wait.

Whips are viable?
>>
>>168039660
A pyromancy build looks like it's much more fun than magic. All the fire based boss weapons don't really help either.
>>
>>168039804
That WA is pretty easy to dodge once you get the timing right and the rest of the moveset is pretty arse aside from the rolling r1.
>>
>>168039660
Fire Surge is great for when an enemy has a sliver of health left and is being a little slippery.
>>
Controversial, souls would overall be way better games without invasions. They obviously don't want to expand on the ideas set by DS1 and to a lesser extend DeS with how watered down invasions are in 2/3 and they actively make the games worse because of it.

So many previously viable things for PVE are nerfed into the ground because it becomes the invader meme meta, people get upset about dying in a video game and FROM are too lazy/incompetent to just have two versions of abilities for pve/pvp.

Many of the things that make people dislike DS2 gameplay (weak rolls, shit backstabs, the general slower pace, soul memory) are direct responses to the invader meta in DS1 to make it "more balanced". Likewise faith in 1, hex and faith in 2 and sorcery in 3 are spell schools/builds that cast all of 2 spells over and over because the rest have been nerfed into worthlessness and you only have those two that are effective.

The games are actively being made less enjoyable/replayable (because nobody wants to use stuff that feels weak and shitty unless the game is so easy you can get away with it, something souls clearly isn't) all because of a side-game with awful netcode for people that either can't or won't play a proper competitive game.

Now please spam me with gitgud memes, I dare you.
>>
>>168035876
>HRAAAOGGH
man I always forget about his weird as fuck eating noise. Was it the voice actor himself making that noise?
>>
What was the trick to being summoned as a blue/dorkmoon again?
>>
>>168040334
Counter point: BB and DeS hadn't this issue because From doesn't care as much as you think they do about PvP.
From doesn't care to pander to PvP as much as people think they do, without Namco's influence
>>
>tfw no Fume Knight armor in Dark Souls 3

They brought over so many things from DaS 2, but not this.
>>
>>168040862
who?
>>
File: KIMG0459.jpg (517KB, 2080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0459.jpg
517KB, 2080x1440px
>>168040334
No, you're right. Yet if DS1 did anything bad, its unbalanced weapons and how infusion becomes worthless over time. At least in DS2 everything was viable in some way, like Mundane Ladle. There's always gonna be metamemers who google "[game here] best weapon". You can't stop that.

I mean a good portion of dark 2 hate is because its not as fast, and you can't be an invincible naked zombo who just rolls through everything. "how dare they Nerf my invincible tactic into a separate stat!"

While I love Dark 1 to death, Dark 2 added and improved quite a few things. To neglect that would be retarded. Both have their faults. This is what makes the games great. They're not perfectz and they're made with affection.

I completely forgot the point I was making I haven't slept in two days.
>>
>>168040334
I mostly agree with you, though I think there's nothing really wrong with simply having invasions but never balancing the game around pvp in the first place.

Absolutely no arena shit, at best there is a covenant dedicated to it and items to facilitate easy access to invading for the people that want to do it.
>>
>>168040862
>fume straight sword returns in trc
>it's uninfusable

>>168040829
DeS had the Red Eye Stone, didn't it? The only conceivable purpose for that thing was to allow duels.
>>
File: k-on-dizzy.gif (1MB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
k-on-dizzy.gif
1MB, 500x411px
>great shield user just fucking constantly circling me
I eventually trapped him in a corner and it was funny to watch him panic. Still lost though.
>>
>>168040862
>another armor set that makes your character skinny no matter what
Fuck that nonsense, DaS3 is already full that shit, ruining otherwise nice looking armor.
>>
File: prease.jpg (927KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
prease.jpg
927KB, 2560x1440px
anyone wanna gank spooky skeleton? personal computer pass dsg
>>
>>168041217
it's to fight for souls
>>
>>168041093
agility was an ok to good idea ruined by execution, like a lot of the changes DS2 has

first of all, they needed to drop the bullshit and tell you "this is the stat that makes your roll better", but DS2 was in peak WELCOME TO DARK SOULS LE HARDCOREST GAME marketing bullshit so I get why they didn't.

The other issue with agility/DS2 rolling is that you have the same i-frames regardless of how much weight you have till 70%. now granted DS3 also has this and also doesn't restrict your distance to lower equip load but DS2 introduced the idea of being able to have high i-frames while wearing heavy armor without the busted DS1 havel ring AND ds2 makes you waste points on a stat just to do something you could do by default in 1/3.

I can't defend it.
>>
>>168041093
They had a bunch of good ideas, but tying iframes to a separate stat instead of doing something sensible like tying it to equip load was a huge problem. Roll speed/distance was determined by equip load, roll iframes determined by Adaptability? The stat that determines iframes also determines item use and estus chug speed? Magic builds could get all the benefits of high Adaptability without needing to spend a single point into it, but melee builds couldn't? That wasn't a good idea at all.

I don't think rolls themselves need a nerf IMO, I think your ability to spam them should be nerfed. Just make them cost progressively more stamina if you roll too frequently, like x2 cost for every roll within one second of the previous one.
>>
>>168040862
>equipping FUGS in the right hand, and Fume Sword in the left
One fucking job.
>>
>>168041507
>tfw ps4 has tons of activity but a non-existant deesgee community
>>
File: Snapshot_20170211_121935.jpg (150KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20170211_121935.jpg
150KB, 1920x1088px
>>168041507
>Not ps4
>tfw will never be summoned to help /dsg/
>>
>>168041590
That's still a duel, even if there's a reward on the table for doing it.
>>
>>168041737
ok
>>
>>168041217
I'm talking about patches. DeS and BB never had patches breaking the games apart like the other 3 games. Hardly anything was ever nerfed
>>
>>168041631
See now this is a good idea. Make rolling be punishable for those who spam it.
>>
>>168041507
cuming
>>
>>168041507
Sign down in front of the door.
>>
>>168041712
>>168041727
kinda weird
>>
File: 1476617417833.jpg (83KB, 557x692px) Image search: [Google]
1476617417833.jpg
83KB, 557x692px
Why is Vitality a stat at all? Why not have Endurance determine armor equip load and Strength determine weapon equip load? Why this convoluted mess about having a whole separate stat to determine carrying capacity which just fucks over Strength builds who need it the most?

My big strong man should be strong enough to carry his weapons by virtue of being strong, dammit.
>>
>>168040829
The point you're making I guess is that namco makes them nerf stuff? Even if that's true it's irrelevant because the games are published/partially owned by namco so they should've still removed invasions.

I'd also argue that DeS and BB are unfair comparisons because DeS only received 3 patches and BB has a lot less stuff than a "proper" souls game and has different mechanics so everything is naturally more balanced against eachother than a souls game which has a bit of a "lets just put this in without really thinking about it" approach to adding stuff
>>
>>168041631
that seems like it would be a smart way to penalize panic rolling
>>
>>168041929
>>168042005
kay

try placing sign again naruto something went wrong
>>
File: 1472487110446.jpg (150KB, 850x824px) Image search: [Google]
1472487110446.jpg
150KB, 850x824px
>>168041727
>rawass tod slutwear
I would rather summon some random retard in full fallen knight with farron memesword.
>>
File: 1474563189338.png (416KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
1474563189338.png
416KB, 500x737px
>>168042152
Panic rolling is a mistake that should be punished. Rolling should be about timing, it shouldn't be a button you press for "oops i fucked up better mash my escape clause".
>>
File: 1486509261518.gif (864KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486509261518.gif
864KB, 500x500px
>get summoned as grape at pontiff's
>help host fend off invader, 2v1
>second invader comes so now 2v2
>kill the host as soon as his health is low
Wew, grapes are fun.
>>
>>168042316
>>168042152
Ignore me, I didn't read your post correctly
>>
>>168042306
Maiden Set is slutwear? I'm only using ToD to solo shit really, as I have 10 VIG. I don't really feel right going full summoner class with this character, but I want to be very miracle oriented.
>>
>>168042365
Good job, don't forget your spork.
>>
>>168042103
>Why is Vitality a stat at all?
Because in dark souls 1 PVP endurance was the god stat so they had to make it a shitty point sink in order to have both high equip and lots of stamina, see >>168040334
>>
>>168042468
>Maiden Set is slutwear?
Your character looks like a boy, so yes.
>>
File: 1472583381812.jpg (2MB, 2067x1549px) Image search: [Google]
1472583381812.jpg
2MB, 2067x1549px
>>168042485
Okay, fine. Weapon equip load should be a separate stat that's determined by Strength.
>>
>>168030030
Not if you kill Emma first
>>
>>168042365
>get summoned as grape
why do people do this? there are always white phantom signs around and failing that you can just slap on WoB, people who aren't a coiflip on if they'll kill you or not.

It's not like people can even summon one on accident, since the game goes ARE YOU SURE YOU WANNA SUMMON THIS PHANTOM?? to make sure johnny Q casual doesn't get owned.

mound makers are genuinely the worst covenant in the whole series because they don't work, there's ZERO reason to summon one. At least way of white had some benefit even if it was just something other covenants also did.
>>
Pyromancy or hexes for DS2?
More fun?
More viable?
Quicker to build?
>>
>>168042585
Isn't that for the best? Are you saying that boys can't be pretty?
>>
>>168042140
BB isn't properly balanced at all, I don't see what you're trying to imply, it has a fuckton of flaws for PvP, but they never fixed because they don't want to, and that's good.
The thing is, BB's patches never ruined something from PvE because PvP was an issue. Why? Because invasions and PvP existing and not being properly balanced isn't something From is concerned about. They only do so because the publisher is forcing them to.

If they removed invasions, the Namco games wouldn't have so many nerfs. However, if we removed Namco from the equation, the games would still have invasions without PvP affecting PvE balance in a bad way.
>>
>>168042685
>blueboi
It all makes sense now.
>>
>>168042747
I think all the unbalanced shit makes the PvP more fun. I never see the same build twice unless I run into the same person twice, and that's awesome.
>>
>>168042747
If that's the case, why is namco such horrible cancer?
>>
>>168042675
there's no reason to not use both, 30/30 or 40/40 (the general hexer build points) are also pyro builds because as a nerf to DS1 twink pyro builds they made it scale off combined int/faith for some reason (while dark is lowest of int or faith)

it gives you an alternate element and some extra angles to shoot stuff at, dark pyro is basically the only good Ds2 build because it does everything and is the only one with satisfying animations.

As for quicker to build you can get hexes faster than you can get pyro but only marginally unless you do a specific kinda cheesy thing
>>
thanks nerds
>>
>>168042880
Because you were dumb enough to never have played a Namco published game before?
>>
>>168031940
Where does it say Aldrich destroyed Astora?
>>
>>168042747
I'll admit I don't know the meta for BB very well, my main point of that post was more "blaming namco doesn't matter because they're the ones tied to the souls series" so saying "actually souls wouldn't be any worse without invasions" is still correct because namco + invasions = shitty nerfs.
>>
>>168042880
Publishers are always horrible cancer. First and second party developers don't have to worry about publishers because the platform they develop for can get away with "exclusive!" to do the promoting for them. Third party developers need to rely on hyping the game itself instead of letting the system sell for them.

Publishers hype a game by presenting it however they think will make it appeal to the most people. This, of course, results in the lowest common denominator flooding the game.
>>
>>168042675
I have a similar question, for a hex build does infusion+buff on a regular weapon or a specific dark/fire scaling weapon do more damage?
>>
>>168043070
Except for the fact Namco isn't tied to the souls styled games that From makes
>>
>>168043070
invasions are more valuable to the game than your replaying the game with every faggy weapon that is the same thing as another weapon
>>
File: VqTZcGU.png (2MB, 1173x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VqTZcGU.png
2MB, 1173x1080px
The only smart motherfucker in this series.

If TRC doesn't reference him i'll be ten kinds of mad.
>>
File: 20170211163952_1.jpg (425KB, 1680x948px) Image search: [Google]
20170211163952_1.jpg
425KB, 1680x948px
Was buffing dark hand a mistake?
>>
>>168043191
Depends on the weapon. All weapons have different values for how well they perform while infused and how well they react to buffs. For instance, the Fume Sword has a very low modifier for buffs and infusions and actually performs better on a Dexterity build with Dark Pine Resin than it does on a hexer build infused and buffed, whereas the Sacred Chime Hammer is way better infused and buffed than uninfused and resined.

Don't try to make sense of it, just dork around in the stat screen until you find the best combination.
>>
>>168043352
Aldiafags are the kind of people who would constantly look for loopholes in "would you rather" questions.
>>
>>168043232
Which consist of a dead game and a game that's only kind of souls but not entirely, so when I'm talking about the souls games that ALREADY exist it's pointless.

namco is a shitty company but you're pointlessly scapegoating.

>>168043279
Yeah you make a fair point, there's nothing wrong with entire types of builds being unfun garbage because at one point years ago it made people cry in the lagfest online that is invasions.

invasions + non nerfed PVE (or just fucking giving things different stats for PVP) would've been way better than actively making the game worse for everyone that plays it because of the actions of some people that play it.
>>
>>168043030
Anri and Horace's stuff

Astora was pillaged for sacrifices
>>
File: yes or no.jpg (228KB, 1344x1400px) Image search: [Google]
yes or no.jpg
228KB, 1344x1400px
>>168043451
>this accurately summarizes all of the player's interactions with Aldia

Well I never.
>>
>>168043451
>Would you rather get a dick in the ass or throatfucked.

Great choice there.
Aldia saw that it was all bullshit and actually found a way to make fate his bitch.
>>
>>168043352
Dark Souls 2 is not canon, bra.
>>
>>168043545

You're reminding me of pre patch DaSII and how fun it was to dual wield Avelyns and Greataxes. I miss that so much.
>>
>>168042671
I assume he either wanted to fight me, or wanted the coin flip.
>>
>>168043406
do buffs even show up on the stats screen?

this also essentially means that you have to just not upgrade anything until you have everything, because having something at +1-3 could make the numbers for weapon A look better when actually weapon B is better at +10

not to mention that getting dark stones for infusions is a pain in the ass, they're basically demanding that you just CE yourself 99 of the things/titanite.
>>
>>168043609
Aldia never succeeded in breaking the cycle. He tried, but the existence of Dark Souls 3 means he failed.

>>168043614
I swear I'm about to filter the word canon. These mouthbreathers saying the second entry of the series never happened despite all the evidence in 3 saying it did are just getting too absurd.
>>
fuck the grand archives
seriously fuck it
those little fucking munchkins all over swarming and staggering you while you're shot at with fireballs and crystal spears makes me headbutt my display
>>
>>168043790
Aldia is possibly behind the idea of the Bell of Awakening in DaS3
>>
>SL120
>have to go to 125 with yorel to get the "all gestures", "all miracles", and his ending achievements
help me lads
will i lose much activity by going SL125?
>>
>>168043352
His theme is best one in the series for me tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8WXoKrqIi0
>>
>>168043790
>Aldia never succeeded in breaking the cycle. He tried, but the existence of Dark Souls 3 means he failed.
Not saying that. I'm saying that he found a way to get himself out of the grand scheme.
>>
>>168043609
>Aldia saw that it was all bullshit and actually found a way to make fate his bitch

I thought he fucked up in that regard.
He says so himself:
>I sought to shed the yoke of fate, but failed.
>Now, I only await an answer.
>>
File: 1242152.jpg (279KB, 1700x604px) Image search: [Google]
1242152.jpg
279KB, 1700x604px
>>168043790
>second entry of the series never happened despite all the evidence in 3 saying it did are just getting too absurd.

It's not at all a surprise considering the hyperbolic autistic screeching people get into about DaS2 being the worst thing ever created even to this day.
>>
>>168043726
>do buffs even show up on the stats screen?
Yes.

>this also essentially means that you have to just not upgrade anything until you have everything
Not really, it just means you shouldn't infuse anything until you can afford to experiment. The numbers aren't false outside AR's usual shenanigans.

>>168043869
>Aldia is possibly behind the idea of the Bell of Awakening in DaS3
From what alien, otherworldly data did you pull that conclusion from?
>>
>>168042586
>somebody drew them in a picture together where Velstadt isn't battered
>implying Raime wouldn't put the bell in his asshole and use him as one giant human chime
Lad...
>>
>pop a random reed sign in carthus
>dueling the host on the bridge
>didnt see his talisman, throws me off with force
>he summons me again
>tries to go for the same shit
>pop perseverance and push him off
>>
>>168043869
>Bell of Awakening
But those were in the first game too right?
Besides, the ashen ones have an explanation that is not even remotely connected to aldia.
>>
>>168044026
Velstadt kicked the shit out of Raime though, that's why he fucked off and became a rebel.
>>
File: 1481741730060.png (1MB, 1055x790px) Image search: [Google]
1481741730060.png
1MB, 1055x790px
>Doing an SL1 run of DS3
>Wearing Dorkmoon because there's no point in wearing anything else outside of the high wall
>Get my second summon in 15 hours on this character
>Killed in one hit by a great machete as soon as I spawn
>>
>>168043891
You'll be fine. Compare summon ranges with a SL calculator online if it bothers you so much.
>>
>>168043953
DS2 hate is hyperbolic but its hard not to be when you can't go 5 seconds without another "why did this get shipped this way" mechanic/element/game feature popping up taking you out of actually playing the game.

the game is full of things that make you go "but if they just did *very simple tweak* this would make way more sense/be less annoyng" and the fact that they didn't is very confusing, the last emotion you want to have when playing a game.
>>
File: unclefill.jpg (59KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
unclefill.jpg
59KB, 800x600px
>>168043894
>tfw putting down your sign and fighting throne defenders, nashandra and aldia in a row

Getting your host through all of that was great.
>>
>>168044164
maybe i'll try it then
some more vitality would be nice
>>
Which ending to Dark Souls 3 is the best for the state of the world?
Also, aside from explaining how the painted world works, how does Ashes of Ariandel connect to the main storyline?
>>
>>168044650
le firekeeper dark ending
>>
>>168044650
The ending where the Firekeeper takes the flame.
It really doesn't, although it does show that Londor is full of assholes which we already knew.
>>
>>168044650
>Which ending to Dark Souls 3 is the best for the state of the world?
Nothing tbqh.
Link ending is utterly pointless because the flame is too weak.
End of Fire ending is arguably the better one since it means that it's coming to a natural end but everything will be repeated again.
Usurpation has you doing snek bidding.

Just be a greedy jackass and take the first flame for yourself..
>>
>>168040334
Fucking this. PvP fags ruined this series.
>>
>>168044650

Usurpation.

>how does Ashes of Ariandel connect to the main storyline?

Superficially. It's pretty much just a vehicle for pay2win weapons.
>>
>floor in Alonne's boss room reflects everything including the player
>floor in the Pontiff fight doesn't

T-Technology.
>>
>try something other than a strength build
>hate my life
>>
>>168044650
There is no good state for the world. In all three games, the message is that the world is fucked, you can only put it off.

As for Ashes, it really doesn't. It's actually a bit weird, since all the other DLCs had much deeper connections to their respective game's base story, but Ashes of Ariandel is mostly separate from from DS3, outside Friede.

Though rumor was that Ashes was meant to connect to Ringed City and be one big DLC, like Old Hunters, but was cut in half.
>>
>>168044650
Can't really say for sure. If what the firekeeper says during the end the fire ending is true then I think that's the best one in the long term.

>Also, aside from explaining how the painted world works, how does Ashes of Ariandel connect to the main storyline?
It doesn't really connect at all to the goal of the ashen one. All it does is provide some background lore on the origin of some characters and creatures. Though it does set up the storyline that apparently will be resolved in the ringed city.
>>
What are the chances TRC adds a new ending?
>>
>>168044650
left to personal interpretation due to lack of information on "what if" situations

>how does Ashes of Ariandel connect to the main storyline?
Depends how the 2nd DLC will connect Gael and the painter to the main story
>>
>>168044650

Basically they all are shit because since it continues the dark souls trend of endings meaning jack shit in the long run.

>>168045040
>Cutting content
Armored core V better be fucking amazing.
>>
>>168045032
>strength build
As far a I know there are no melee builds ouside of quality with refined weapons
>>
File: 20170211170648_1.jpg (475KB, 1680x948px) Image search: [Google]
20170211170648_1.jpg
475KB, 1680x948px
do I need the pendant?
>>
File: 1475630544970.png (74KB, 178x195px) Image search: [Google]
1475630544970.png
74KB, 178x195px
>>168045032
>he doesn't enjoy Pyromancy
>>
>>168044968
PCfags ruined the series
>>
>>168045218
Where is this? I didn't notice this wall in my playthrough.
>>
>>168045374
If you're looking at Dragonslayer Armors boss door, go right. It's over by an item.

It's not actually a door, it's just some quality texture work.
>>
>>168045371
Where do you think the PvP fags came from.
>>
>>168045371
How?
>>
>>168043352
>doesn't provide any actual answers or even new ideas
>leaves DS2 at enormous "or perhaps.........................................."
No, sonny, we're going back to Gwyn and his dysfunctional family and you're gonna love it.
>>
>>168045337
Something electric is more fun
>>
>>168045496
Clearly a door was intended there. I guess the idea was scraped and they decided to just splat a texture on it.
>>
>>168045578
NOT UNTIL YOU FINISH EARTHEN PEAK YAWNG HALLOU.
>>
>>168041507
>ganking skeletons

I'll fuckin' wheel ya cunt.

Also holy fuck I avoided the dark sword all this time for being the "easy scrub weapon" but the moveset is unique and fun.
>>
>>168045497
PvP metafaggotry has been around since demon's souls
>>
File: 124632102325.jpg (59KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
124632102325.jpg
59KB, 200x196px
>>168045658
They should've made that wall breakable by using any heavy attack that has HA on it. Then put a generic room with the elevator slab there. Down the princes elevator should lead to the water caverns level we'll never get
>>
>>168044650
Firekeeper ending (End of Fire)

>Also, aside from explaining how the painted world works, how does Ashes of Ariandel connect to the main storyline?

While it is somewhat unconnected like everyone else is saying, the general theme of the DLC is connected to the main game.
Basically, AoA makes the argument that it is better to let the first flame die out and let the cycle play out rather than try to break the cycle by usurp the fire or linking it.

> When the world rots, we set it afire.
>For the sake of the next world.
>>
File: first time in the depths.png (531KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
first time in the depths.png
531KB, 950x534px
>bonewheel shield's only reason to be is it's spin
>it costs fp in DaS3 when it didn't cost durability to use even if you miss in DaS1
>logarius' wheel shows FROM learned how to make a good wheel weapon
>DaS3 bonewheel shield is nothing like the logarius' wheel
I just want to wheel
>>
File: 20170211003335_1.jpg (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170211003335_1.jpg
536KB, 1920x1080px
>>168045746
shit forgot pick
>>
>>168040334

Git lost
>>
>>168046163
I wonder how much of a difference would carthus beacon and pontiff rings do. Also does SMS buff your shieldbash damage?
>>
>>168037950
>>168038451
I undesrtand that the Ringed City is isolated and all, but why was this other daughter literally never mentioned before ? It seems kinda stupid to introduce a new child of Gwyn at this point.
>>
>>168046163
We will never wheel
We will never deal
>>
I've always had wondered about the intro cutscene from Dark Souls. The old hag says: "Then from the Dark, they came", and we see hollow-like figures rising above the ground. But wasn't humankind born from the Dark Soul fragments? What if the "people" we see rising in the intro is actually the gods race?
>>
>>168046471
>yfw it's Velka
>>
File: 1455954648057.png (678KB, 1276x719px) Image search: [Google]
1455954648057.png
678KB, 1276x719px
rooooooolllll
>>
fighting those frost knights with an ultra weapon is just awful

they are so easy with anything else
>>
>>168037950
Wait, Gwyn was bros for life with the furtive pygmie?
Pygmies are a separate race from humanity?
>>
>>168046163
I'm not sure which one is worse, so many weapons being trash in DaS3 due to some deliberate concept of 'balance' or just pure apathy when it comes to anything that isn't a quality build with a handful of weapons.
>>
God I feel like a fucking retard. This is the second time in as many days when I'm straight up lost

>yesterday
>going through Irythill for the first time
>reach the church bonfire
>see the shortcuts right in front of me
>well I guess I gotta go down and around
>walk all the way to fucking Yhorm before I realize it's not going to wrap back around
>go back to Irythill and spend like 40 minutes scouring the zone before finding the sewer leading forward

>today
>killed Sulvyann and have completely cleared the next area out
>giant, deacons, the drang duo, and all the silver knights on the buttresses
>opened two shortcuts (in an area that really didn't need them)
>found the secret area that looks like Gwyndolin's hideaway, although no boss spawned. A message told me I need a ring? Will return later.
>can't find the way forward

It's gotta be SOMEWHERE up here on the buttresses. I don't want help, I can figure this out on my own. I just wanted to bitch.
>>
How good are the Corvian weapons when used against shield shitters in invasions? The scythe looks like it's something that would be best combined with a Bloodbite Ring and maybe Profuse Sweat, and the greatknife has shit scaling so I'm thinking that maybe Raw infusion would make it better.
>>
How to deal with Orphan in his second phase? First one is easy parry fishing. Second one keeps charging at me with shit.

I'd ask bbg but they're dead right now.
>>
it's only me or the AGS is awful at early PvE and only gets good with PvP SL investment? This shit manages to have less AR than the breakdance sword.
>>
>>168046581
It seems to imply everyone was just a skinny hollow piece of shit until they got their hands on the great souls and suddenly poofed into shit like Gwyn.
>>
>>168046919
dude there's literally a lever
>>
>>168046815
I have a feeling there will be a lot of shocking revelations in this DLC.
>>
File: 1472428370412.jpg (95KB, 644x814px) Image search: [Google]
1472428370412.jpg
95KB, 644x814px
Want to help with pve, pc. Feel free to ask.
>>
>>168046939
Stay away from Kos herself, run out into the water so that Orphan's giant AOE attack can't hit you.
>>
>>168046587
>Velka
Not saying she's Gwyn's daughter or anything, but is there anyone who seriously doubts she'll be in this DLC?

>Vow of Silence is Velka's miracle
>Rings of Sacrifice are made in a rite of Velka
>Purging Stones were sold by Velka's clerics
>Sable Church mass produces all of this
>Velka's talisman had intelligence scaling indicating dark
>there's a giant fucking purging stone in TRC big enough to be called a monument

She's in TRC. She never wasn't.
>>
>>168046978

Yeah, early it's not that good, since, well, it's an ultra, and ultras eat a shit ton of stamina
>>
>>168046581
>hollow-like figures rising above the ground
I always assumed that those guys were the pygmies and that the gods of Anor Londo, the witches, the giants, and humans all shared a common ancestry.
It was only with the acquisition of a soul from the first flame that they became all these different species.
>>
File: what the fuck.jpg (130KB, 640x188px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.jpg
130KB, 640x188px
>>168047091
What's up with this awful AR? I can't see the reason to using this over a claymore
>>
No more spoilers? 28 march too far away...
>>
File: Allium ampeloprasum.png (393KB, 4096x2752px) Image search: [Google]
Allium ampeloprasum.png
393KB, 4096x2752px
>>168047431
Just this from last night.
>>
>>168047431
The e-celebs who were invited at the San Francisco Bamco event (FightinCowboy and some others I never heard about) are too busy playing Nioh to post their DLC impression videos.
>>
Ludleth a pygmy?
>>
>>168046581
>>168046983
>>168047169

So hollowing affects everyone equally because they all are technically the same species, but with different powers?
>>
File: really.jpg (60KB, 436x124px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
60KB, 436x124px
>60 dex 20 str (min to wield) Kumo is still better as refined than sharp
>this is true for a lot of weapons

And then there's idiots who say refined isn't broken
>>
>>168047507
That guy was Vaati, right ?
>>
>>168047369
Claymore doesn't have the stab R2 or the Charge WA, right?
>>
>>168047507
and you guys belive it?
>>
>>168047792
It does have a stab R2
>charge WA
You mean the please parry me WA? Even if you like it, stance is more useful
>>
>>168047792
Claymore does have a thrusting R2, but it has stance WA instead of charge.
>>
>>168047431
Here's that boss fight video, in case you missed it.

https://my.mixtape.moe/skopje.mp4
>>
>>168047089

I just use the Loch Shield for the lightning. Got him close just now but those damn orb fireballs fucked me up. Would arcane defense help?
>>
jesus, from should remove that refined gem and nerf quality builds

there no point in doing anything other than 40/40 and getting a refined ugs
>>
>>168044084
>Raime, even as a hollow, is still so salty about Velstadt that if you have his helmet on when you enter the fog gate he'll immediately turn on rage mode

Little touches like that are nice.
>>
>>168047732
I doubt it. Doesn't really type like him, and if vaati went around spoiling things he wouldn't have any content to tease on his videos.

>>168047848
Eh. None of it seems outlandish, nothing contradicts any of the screenshots or trailers and even clarifies some things you wouldn't notice on the first pass, so on. If it's fake, it's so carefully done that it's probably real all the same.
>>
File: lol.png (61KB, 493x268px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
61KB, 493x268px
>>168047694
Let's get worse

MINIMUM to two hand Str and 60 Dex, the refined Kumo is STILL better than the sharp.
>>
File: dog.jpg (618KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
618KB, 2560x1440px
>>
>>168047931
this guy didn't play a lot of Bloodborne, seems like a trivial fight if you roll under him to his legs
>>
Dark Souls 3 Design Works book when?
>>
>>168048034
I'd prefer they just buffed other infusions instead. Kind of like how instead of nerfing good weapons, they should just buff everything else.
>>
>>168047931
Thanks. I miss it. My English too bad to quick find info among a lot of messages.
Last night messages i read with grain of salt. Video is good but... nothing new.
>>
>>168048219
Never, that's when. Namco didn't even spring for a good futurepress guidebook like the last games, what makes you think they'll drop precious revenue for an artbook?
>>
>>168047694
well maybe you should actually use exile gs, an actual dex curved gs next time, retard
>>
File: Gwondola, Lord of Cinder.png (65KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Gwondola, Lord of Cinder.png
65KB, 1152x648px
>>168048323
But they made them for 1 & 2, surely they'll make one for their last game in the series?

R-right?
>>
Are we finally getting an explanation for those angels in the Ringed City dlc?
Are they somehow connected to darklurker, the Pilgrim butterflies or the Primordial Serpents?
>>
>>168046939
When Orphan does it's big jumps into the air, just walk foward slightly a few steps. I think more often than not he'll just land behind you.
>>
>>168048235
if the SL meta was 70-90 most builds would benefit greatly from sharp and heavy since they wouldnt have the points to go full 40/40 and benefit from refined

but the retard community decided to go 120/125 and now everyone just go 40/40 refined everytime and on top of it everyone also has a buff
>>
>>168048087
You know why I think it's him ? That guy talked about the resemblance between the Demon Prince arena and Firelink Shrine and also said that the next section has you descending through the Frampt area to progress.

Vaati also noted this simlarity on Twitter and mentioned that a "very familiar section" will follow up, but didn't want to say more (probably due to NDA).

https://twitter.com/VaatiVidya/status/829589662515630080
>>
>>168048525
Quality is still the best at those SLs though.
>>
What's the meta level here?

Bloodborne's got me all out of whack for the complexity of this stat system.
>>
>>168048489
the angels you see in the beginning are projections being channelled by londor pilgrims and the only way to kill them is by killing the corresponding pilgrim
we will probably meet the real thing in ringed city itself
>>
>>168048582
Yeah maybe since scaling for dex and str weapons are fucked

Even the Greatsword (ultra gs) is a quality C/C weapon

I wish i fought more niggers with rapiers and shit
>>
File: trap_ring.png (23KB, 193x233px) Image search: [Google]
trap_ring.png
23KB, 193x233px
nth for ring of trapping

>A divine ring granted to the Darkmoon Gwyndolin in his youth.

>Causes males to perform female actions, and vice-versa.

>Gwyndolin was raised like a daughter through the aura of the moon, and was said to behave like a sullen brooding goddess.
>>
>>168048219

I fucking wish we could get something like Dragon's Dogma Masterworks Collection for Souls games

Fuck Bamco seriously
>>
>>168048582
dex build at sl70 with quills is much more optimal than any quality setup in the same level range
>>
File: slashy souls.jpg (182KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
slashy souls.jpg
182KB, 1334x750px
>>168048475
I doubt Namco cares that much.

>>168048528
But that doesn't mean vaait is the only person who could notice similarities. Demon Prince's room is designed to be recognizable as Firelink, someone else is going to notice it.

Either way, that guy wasn't acting like a faggot or anything, so if it was vaati that's fine. If he was vaati and acting like a faggot, that wouldn't have been fine.

Side note, I don't know why he's bothering to be mysterious about it. It's not hard to figure out what's further on ahead if you already know the place is Firelink. Underneath Firelink was New Londo, which sat over the Abyss. Isn't exactly rocket science.
>>
>>168048831
i use this in my competitive genderfluid build for the tactical tranny scaling
>>
>>168048489
Supposedly, there are dead Londor Pilgrims with a fleshy creature growing out of them, hidden around the Dreg Heap. Killing that creature will make the corresponding Angel disappear.
>>
>>168048649
Well, that explains why the Pilgrim butterflies were originally suppose to be damageable in the DSA boss fight.
>>
>>168048831
Could women use this to drive well?
>>
>>168048795
>Even the Greatsword (ultra gs) is a quality C/C weapon
It was quality in DS1 too.
>>
>>168048646
44vig, 40end, 40str, 40dex SL120

Or

40vig, 30att, 20end, 40int, 40fth SL120

Those are your options. If you want to be fancy or special, pick any two of Str, Dex, Int, Fth, or Lck and raise them to 40 each, then use boss and/or twinkling weapons that scale with them.
>>
I've been out of the loop in DS3: has the Moonlight Sword been changed at all? Is building for it worth it?
>>
>>168048525
See >>168048101

The problem is not stats or scaling.
The refined infusion is literally broken.
>>
>>168049060
Not quite, it was C/D scaling in DS1, same with the Zweihander.
>>
>>168048649
>>168048963
Clarification: the fleshy things are trees growing out of the pilgrim's backs, much like High Wall of Lothric has hollows turning into trees everywhere.

>>168049159
Long time ago it was patched to scale better with Int.
>>
>>168046939
you either learn all his attack patterns and how to enjoy this boss or you get a buddy and slaughter him
>>
>>168049159
it has almost the same pure magical damage as ds1 mlgs now which makes it one of the most stat-efficient greatswords in the game
beams are still ass, but given how good the post-aoa greatswords overall are this barely matters
>>
>>168049218
which is still quality
>>
>>168049185
>The refined infusion is literally broken
So much this.
Dark Souls 1 did physical infusions right.
Dark Souls 2 did elemental infusions right.
Dark Souls 3 did status infusions right.
>>
Is the disconnect ban real? Some time ago I read somewhere that when you lose connection and you're in a match with someone and you keep disconnecting you get banned after a certain number of disconnects. That true?
>>
>>168049410
No game ever did status infusions right.

>blood
>poison
>good infusions
>>
>>168049410
>Dark Souls 3 did status infusions right
On second thought, Dark Souls 3 just did Hollow infusion right. Bleed and Poison infusions were still useless.

And Demon's Souls did Blessed/Simple (Crescent) right.
>>
>>168049567

Dark Souls 2
>>
>>168049060
well that was retarded too with a sl120 meta
>>
File: 1423710794232.jpg (68KB, 592x358px) Image search: [Google]
1423710794232.jpg
68KB, 592x358px
>>168049410
For me the best will always be Demon's Souls

I love how you have to hunt down smiths and rare gems and how convoluted and messy is the system. Feels like a real thing that really puts another level of dept into the game, not just any robotic meta MMORPG mechanic.
>>
>Tfw SL74
>Tfw been grinding Lothric knights in high wall of lothric

It's too comfy to leave and progress
>>
File: Human Dreg.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Human Dreg.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>168047507
>Soul Dreg is just a big orb
Guess it was stupid of me to think we'd get this.
>>
File: exile_greatsword.png (17KB, 187x293px) Image search: [Google]
exile_greatsword.png
17KB, 187x293px
>>168049185
>uses a QUALITY CGS instead of DEX CGS
>proceeds to whine that QUALITY CGS is not good on DEX build
Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>168049618
They're pretty badly made in 2 as well.
No game has all status be useful.
>>
>you will play a DS game where there are no refined gems but sharp and heavy gems still exist
why live
>>
>>168049232
Did you play the DLC ?
>>
>>168049698
>the big, chunky, brute (and ugly, IMO) is a dex weapon
>the slender and fine blade is quality

get a fucking hold Miyazaki what the fuck
>>
>>168049618
DS2 has the worst bleed in series and poisonbite negates any chance of getting poisoned.
>>
>>168049635
Too bad most infusions are still trash in that game. Plus boss weapons/unique stuff overshadowed any sort of upgraded thing.
>>
>>168049668
It really should've been that, though. The description made it sound like it, and it looks like a real spell.

Although, wouldn't a slower Deep Soul kind of be a good thing? It'd make the homing stand out more.

>>168049807
No, read from vaati's notes.
>>
>>168049634
In a lower SL meta you'd just run chaos greatsword or get base str then bump everything into dex
>>
>>168049663

>There are hollows posting on /dsg/
>>
>>168048831
>Gwyndolin was raised like a daughter through the aura of the moon, and was said to behave like a sullen brooding goddess.
How can my Darkmoon be this cute?
>>
>>168049698
this is literally the only weapon thats was worth putting a sharp gem into it
>>
>>168048070
>DeS has dark silver helm
>DaS has paladin helm
>DaS 2 has Velstadt helm
WHY DOESN'T DaS3 HAVE A FUCKING SQUID HELM OR EVEN JUST A PALADIN SET
ALL THESE THROWBACKS AND THEY DON'T INCLUDE THAT SHIT
>>
>>168049941
Good thing to know you don't know shit about the game.
>>
>>168049963
Cathedral Knight and Sunset Armor
>>
File: 1476926289589.png (127KB, 474x836px) Image search: [Google]
1476926289589.png
127KB, 474x836px
>>168049668
>new dark sorcery is just an upgraded deep soul
>new dark miracle will just be an upgraded gnawing
I'm less okay with this than I thought I'd be.

Where are my nukes, Kaathe? What kind of dark lord can't kill shit with dark?
>>
>>168050025
why is that senpai
>>
>>168049839

Bleed is shit, ok, but the infusion works correctly

And poison is a very effective build, that's like saying hexers were useless because you could negate them with a dark transgressor shield
>>
File: refined is better.jpg (296KB, 615x764px) Image search: [Google]
refined is better.jpg
296KB, 615x764px
>>168049698
Sorry to burst your bubble senpai but Refined is still better. Marginally, yes, but with 40 STR you have way more versatility and shield options, being objectively better.
>>
>>168049839
>and poisonbite negates any chance of getting poisoned
That's bullshit, it was nearly not enough to counter powerstanced spotted whips.
Try resistance ring, poisonbite and full shadow.
>>
>>168050402
If you want to be Sharp, use the new crow shit. That's what they're for.
>>
>>168050163
cathedral is for crusader memeing
Sunset is neither paladin like it squid like
>>
>>168049941
>He doesn't know about the crow quills

Sharp CQ at 10/40 has more AR than a refined CQ at 40/40.
>>
>>168050402
>using 60 dex to judge about anything
Anon, you truly have brain damage.
>>
>>168050218
But a hexer giving you time to ring and shield swap pretty much signed up to only use weapons
>>
>>168050559
>buying dlc
its 2017 buddy

get your glorified rapier out of here
>>
>>168045894
True but since PC got Dark Souls the influx of PvP fags has gotten considerably worse.
>>
>>168050571
As opposed to? 40 dex? That's even worse.

Show a situation where, for the same amount of stat investment, Sharp is better than 40/40 Refined on the Exile.
>>
>>168050571
>bitch at him for not using a dex cgs
>bitch at him for having too much dex on the dex cgs that you recommended
>>
>>168050402
>60 dex

Cease this meme. You go base str/40 dex for a sharp weapon dumbass.
>>
>>168050402
i fucking hate this game

fucking refined shit
kill me
>>
>>168050682
this isn't even a valid argument

literally a DLC catered towards pvp and you're trying to invalidate it with
>lmao buyfag

c'mon
>>
>>168050726
No anon, you show a build that beats sharp exile at 28/40 with the same SL investment
>>
Can anyone help me at lost bastille to get to the lost sinner? I am at the bell covenant bonfire.

SM 190K
>>
Okay, Miyazaki, you've officially overdone it with mimics.

5 out of the last 6 chests I have encountered were mimics.

At this point, regular chests are the mimics, not the monsters. People store their treasure in receptacles resembling horrible monsters, so as to scare off thieves.
>>
File: cycles.png (198KB, 1162x956px) Image search: [Google]
cycles.png
198KB, 1162x956px
>>168050682
It actually is a glorified rapier, on account of being a better rapier.

>buying souls games without the dlc
Everyone knows all souls games are only good after all the DLC comes out, which is always a year after the initial release. We're all just playing the unfinished beta version.
>>
>>168050929
you're starting at the wrong bonfire desu
>>
>>168050967
Yeah, they really overdid it in the dungeon/profaned capital.
>>
>>168050967
are you in the dungeon?
>>
>>168050726
The whole point of Exile is that you can stay at lower level with immense damage output, retard.
No curved greatsword matches sharp Exile with 24/40 stat investment.
You're the same kind of morons that tried to do high-level dex builds in DS1 anything but buff hybrids or vitgouges by thinking that going past 40 in damage stat is actually worth it.
>>
>>168051050
My 16/40 build would fuck you up at high SL
>>
Somebody give me some DS3 fashion that makes me look edgy
>>
>>168050967
I take it you found Profaned Capital.

Fun fact: there's actually a lore reason for all the mimics. Mimics are people cursed by an ancient god of wealth for being too greedy. Notice all the gold coins you've been finding so far? You're in the greed capital of Lothric.
>>
>>168049924
>tfw aldrich ate my trapfu

I'LL KILL YOU FOR THIS YOU FILTHY BLOB
>>
File: 11325.jpg (197KB, 1700x576px) Image search: [Google]
11325.jpg
197KB, 1700x576px
>>168050967
>>
>>168050205
Sharp and heavy are only good for weapons that already have pure strength or pure dex scaling. Any quality scaling weapon is going to do more damage with a refine gem no matter what your stats are. There's only one ideal gem for each weapon and the others just let you recoup lost damage in case your stats don't match the weapon. Since you can respec though, there's no reason to use a weapon your stats aren't optimized for.
>>
>>168050985
>Pic
This is so painfully train true it hurts.
>>
>>168049410
>physical in 1
>raw is useless
>crystal is broken but only if you cheat
>regular is used otherwise
>good physical system
>>
File: dbia_dexterity.jpg (6KB, 336x140px) Image search: [Google]
dbia_dexterity.jpg
6KB, 336x140px
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
>>
File: JaapEV6.jpg (270KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JaapEV6.jpg
270KB, 1920x1080px
>>168051116
Like this?

Have Darkdrift as your weapon and cast Dark Blade on it while wearing Untrue Dark Ring. It looks pretty edgy.
>>
>>168051140
>Fun fact: there's actually a lore reason for all the mimics. Mimics are people cursed by an ancient god of wealth for being too greedy. Notice all the gold coins you've been finding so far? You're in the greed capital of Lothric.

Why did Yhorm save these assholes again?
>>
>>168051218
That's true only if you play at meme SLs
>>
>>168051403
Yhorm was a selfless hero that wanted to save and help as many people as he could.
>>
>>168050696
No shit, the PC release expanded the fanbase by several million people.
>>
Trying to go for a DaS III, The Pursuer build. Should I go STR/INT or STR/FTH? Trying to be pretty faithful to the boss.
>>
>>168051109
>not 24/40 with an offhand sharp rapier
>>
>>168051316
Point. I was referring more to Heavy/Sharp/Refined being automatically part of the weapon.

>>168051403
Because they asked nicely. For a big guy, he sure was a doormat.
>>
File: 1463418926117.jpg (27KB, 408x447px) Image search: [Google]
1463418926117.jpg
27KB, 408x447px
>>168050985
i remember how it was after first month of BB and right up to TOH announcement
>ded gaem
>pvp is shit
>why can't i invade anyone?
>BAAAAAAW HEALLIIING
>twitchfag X stopped playing this game
>i fucking hate chalice dungeons
>>
God fucking damn Yhorm is such a fun ass fight

He's a gimmick boss but damn me if it isn't a great fucking gimmick
>>
>>168051020
I am pretty sure that's the one bro, you take the right and then you see a tower, so just go down to fight the lost sinner.
>>
>>168051375
>dark blade
>dark hand
>dark miracles
>red eyes
>katana
>long hair
noice
>>
>>168051537
>DaS 1
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 243x207px
>Deprived only start with a loincloth
>you can take it off
>they are now wearing white trousers that give less protection than the loincloth
>>
>>168051472
Sure if you play at low SL then scaling goes right the fuck out the window because you're no longer optimizing for damage, but instead for other things. But it's still true that there's only one ideal infusion if you're still able to optimize for damage (~SL80+)

Chaos in DS1 was useful despite being very sub-optimal damage (extremely weak compared to buffed +15 normal) but had such a lower level investment that it didn't matter.
>>
>>168051571
Pretty much the best boss in the fight in my opinion. Gimmick bosses are the best; DaS III especially because all the other bosses are literal RNG bullshit in that trying not to get one shot / insta kill combo'd to death.
>>
File: 1463603064885.jpg (71KB, 421x507px) Image search: [Google]
1463603064885.jpg
71KB, 421x507px
>>168051571
i'm acting as a bait and letting Sieg fuck him up
it's not the best boss gameplay-wise, but in terms of atmosphere, lore and OST he's godly, especially thanks to Sieg himself
>>
Post best OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnbb2ZdQS-c
>>
What's the safe way to changing your name through CE?
>>
>dex and str effectively scale up to 40
>People still surprised refined has the most damage
Only problem is maybe vit not mattering enough to invest in it, but it's quite a solid infusion system.
>>
So what weapons are worth going sharp besides dagger and crow quills? I want to pvp with some dex shit

I heard that even the rapiers are better on refined quality
>>
Thinking of making a caster build in ds3. Out of the 3 "magic" what suits BoiPucci the most?
>>
>>168051741
Do it completely offline and don't go over the word limit. Though it's still pretty risky and not worth trying desu.
>>
>>168051109
you can use literally the same build in ds3 with literally the same options for literally the same result, only with minor change in weapons
>>
>>168045218
You see, in DOOM I could just run up, hit USE, and I would get a secret.

Sasuga Miya.
>>
>>168051729
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwFA2VdCGcY
>>
Damn, so I just fought a red spirit with sir alonne helm in lost bastille. I am not even lvl 70 tho. How's that even possible?
>>
>>168036670
>Together, they paint a picture of you ruling over a kingdom in a glorious new age with Gwynevere at your side.
I love me some giant boobs and Gwynevere is my eternal goddess-fu, but I never got that impression from what she said to me.
>>
>>168051538
for you
>>
>>168051403
>>168051481
>>168051538
>>168051571

What species is Yhorm btw? I first thought he was a giant like in DaS II, but he has a face.
>>
>>168051839
This is some low quality content right here.

Dark Souls is famous for a crossdresser that uses sorcery, put 2 & 2 together.
>>
>>168051831
Dragonslayer's Axe does pretty well with a sharp infusion, oddly enough.
>>
>>168051316
No infusion is still best in 1, especially since you can use great magic weapon and oolacile catalyst with only 4 Int investment.

Otherwise, Chaos or lightning. The physical infusions all suck.
>>
File: str chars.jpg (2MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
str chars.jpg
2MB, 1920x2160px
>>168051753
The main problem of DS3's infusion system is retarded duelfaggot community that decided to stop on random-ass number without closely expecting the metagame first, then complaining that one build is better than other ones.

Honestly i wish that For Honor would just syphon those people away, they don't contribute to the game in any shape or form except for shitting it up with their retarded demands.
>>
What do you think a good Samurai Jack build would look like?
>>
>>168051729
https://youtu.be/tFRaZs6ri7s?t=53s
EEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAOOOOOOOOO
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
IIIIIIIIIIIIHH
EEEEEEE
OOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEE
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>168051612
he's at the belfry bonfire, not the tower above lost sinner
>>
File: olddas2giantfaceweird.jpg (180KB, 1877x1012px) Image search: [Google]
olddas2giantfaceweird.jpg
180KB, 1877x1012px
>>168051831
Your best bet is scale or twinkling weapons like Chaos Blade or Spotted Whip.

>>168051946
When Shibuya or whatever his name is was working on DaS2, he gave giants stupid faces. When they replaced him with Tanimura, there wasn't enough time to make new faces so they just scooped them out. They missed a few, though.

Dark Souls 3 tries to pretend this never happened.
>>
>>168051946
Grey giant in TRC has face too so the answer is simple: Miyazaki takes a huge dump on DS2 "lore".
>>
>>168052037
The only player demands that From listens to are the JP players, not NA duelfags.
>>
>>168052029
Crystal is better, as I said, it's broken. However you need to cheat to use it properly, though some weapons can easily have their +4 crystal version farmed
>>
>>168051935
Probably the agape ring. You can get it at 30k souls and depending on how well you can plan you can make some pretty ridiculous twinks, especially since there are +7 weapons scattered throughout the DLC.
>>
>>168052156
>>168051978
damn just fuck my shit up

I'm trying really hard to not jump on the Refined jew
>>
>>168052160
>TRC

?
>>
>>168052178
I'm not telling that From actually listens to western duelfaggots. But they are extremely obnoxious. Just look at this thread, for example.
>>
File: DaS3 build.png (166KB, 926x525px) Image search: [Google]
DaS3 build.png
166KB, 926x525px
So can this build carry me through Dark Souls 3?
>>
>>168051946
I always assumed Yhorm was just HUGE as opposed to an actual giant because calling him by his species would seem redundant because giants don't seem to be extinct or anything.
>>
>>168052381
That's a Dark Souls 1 build
>>
>>168052037
>no endurance meme
Come on now, you know the only reason /bbg/ didn't raise endurance is because they couldn't afford it at their "invade hosts and avoid BL150" BL98 range. A BL120 build in Bloodborne has 50vit, 40end, and 50 of one offense stat even.

SL120 with two offensives at 40 would hypothetically result in a staggeringly diverse meta with 10-15 unique builds, except the infusion system makes quality/pyro better than anything else and From didn't make enough unique weapons for the other builds.
>>
>>168052354
>>
>>168052381
>43 vitality
>40 endurance
we ds1 now bois
>>
>>168052381
easy, the danksword is broken and easy to farm relatively early on in 3
>>
>>168052532
You forget the fact the stat taxes of ATT and VIT exist
>>
>>168052354
The upcoming DLC, dude. The Ringed City. Have you been under a rock for the past three weeks?
>>
help a brother out on ds3

rapier or ricard rapier
>>
>>168052701
Dark Sword
>>
>>168052532
A single damage stat BL120 build in BB can either be rakuyo build or arcane build. If he's using anything else he's going to get fucked by BB quality builds which are much stronger than DS3 quality and there's no point when you would actually need a lot of END even if you're going to like BL140, health is always more important as well as damage reduction if you can afford it.
>>
I am at the saltfort now, can anyone help me at the sinners rise?
>>
>>168052701
Crow quills with offhand rapier.
>>
So what happened in Lothric? There are empty armors all over the place but sign of actual invasion. Did the undead plague just break out and it was a medieval zombie apocalypse?

Was the Undead Settlement always there below the city? Or was it part of a different country originally? Where there Earthquakes? Because the settle looks like it was hit by one, while Ithryll looks fine ass peachy keen.

My favorite set up scene is the house past the fire demon in the settlement. There is is balcony porch where you have two corpses being eaten away by the wood of chaos, sitting in chairs, probably watching everything got to hell before they died. There's quite a few chairs over the High Wall as well.
>>
>>168052660
You don't need to invest in poise for great weapons unless you're trying to beat other great weapons. I'll grant that ATT is a problem for casters, but only because they insist on using greatswords so much. Which is perfectly fair since those are the only good caster melee weapons, but still.
>>
>>168052490
True, but he does have a similar look to the giant lord in DaS II sans the face.
>>
The Dancer's second phase is stupid and I hate it.
Her backhand can get fucked off, too.
>>
>>168052812
Did you go to the top of the Grand Archives and get the big miracle in the cage?

That kinda explains what happened
>>
>>168052037
>that harsh as fuck red

It's when I see shit like this that makes me realize how autistic the majority in these threads are.
>>
>>168051976
I thought about that, but the catholic church is heavily into little boy holes, so faith bullshit has more weight than I thought.
>>
>>168052812
Civil war between the 'pillars' of Lothric, particularly the knightly order and religious sect with winged knights and angels.
>>
File: 1getj5.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1getj5.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>168052742
I just wanna do some meme piercing sword fun

>>168052805
>tfw no money to get these dlc weapons people talk about
>>
>>168052160
and DaS1 giants in 3 have no faces kek
>>
>>168052812
>Was the Undead Settlement always there below the city? Or was it part of a different country originally? Where there Earthquakes? Because the settle looks like it was hit by one, while Ithryll looks fine ass peachy keen.

The Geography in DaS III isn't suppose to make sense because the first flame is causing the lands to become smashed together.
I think an item description somewhere implies that the High Wall of Lothric just "appeared" at the foot of the undead settlement.
>>
>>168046665
I would if I knew where the fuck my copy was. I have no idea, and for some reason I didn't secure the download when it was on PSN+ years ago, so I'm double fucked.
>>
>>168052812
>So what happened in Lothric? There are empty armors all over the place but sign of actual invasion. Did the undead plague just break out and it was a medieval zombie apocalypse?
Have you noticed that lothric knights wear two different colours, anon? Some wear red armour, another blue? Have you noticed that Angel knight in blue armour walks around the plaza full of beheaded red knights? That knight in blue set stands on top of a few dead red knights.
Schism and civil war happened.
>Was the Undead Settlement always there below the city?
It probably was a simple settlement back when castle was lower and not impossible to reach.
>>
>>168052747
BB quality builds were only better at BL150 where they could afford to exist. When your opponent is the same level you are, they weren't anywhere near as absurd as they are in DaS3.

It helps that BB's quality had to use specific weapons instead of just infusing everything, though. At the very least, they looked and acted different from other builds.

I'm still surprised people underestimate Strength when abyssal heavy gems exist, though.
>>
>>168052829
That was always a weird thing to me, they clearly designed Yhorm to look like the Giant Lord, but then gave him a face?
>>
>>168053118
>BB quality builds were only better at BL150
Semi-quality builds started getting better than single-stat builds at ~SL90-100 already and from that moment onwards the gap between them only grew wider.
>It helps that BB's quality had to use specific weapons instead of just infusing everything
Any weapon in BB that has both SKL and STR scaling is quality. Which is like 80% of equipment.

And heavy abyssals only made quality builds better.
>>
>>168053054
Just look at where Lothric physically is, it's just jutted into the air on a pillar of earth, it was clearly lower because of the bridges closer to the ground.
>>
Redpill me on dagger builds

Are they a meme?
>>
File: olddas2giantsface.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
olddas2giantsface.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
>>168053148
>>168052829
>>168052490
Reminder that giants were supposed to have faces in DaS2, but they were stupid looking and the rough development cycle meant they couldn't make new ones.
>>
Made an executioner build, how much will I get trashed using the Executioner GS?
>>
>>168052884
>>168052925
>>168053115
This is interesting because it sounds rather disconnected from the usual.

>>168053115
I did notice the different colors but I thought they were just knights of different ranks and purposes patrolling about. It doesn't help that they are all act and look equally hollow. If the different types of knights were hostile to each other I guess it would have been more clear to me.
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-11+at+01.23.18).jpg (448KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-11+at+01.23.18).jpg
448KB, 1920x1080px
>in DS1 Firelink Shrine was above the Kiln
>in DS3 Kiln is above old DS1 Firelink Shrine
>>
>>168053297
Forgive me then, I only ever had the patience to gem up an arcane and strength build, and even then only because the transformations made it fun again. Heavy Beast Claws were a massive improvement over the normal ones, but the rune moveset forced you to play defensively if you didn't want to die immediately.
>>
>grass crest shield third most popular weapon/shield/catalyst
Why are there so many shitters?
>>
>>168053115
I never even considered that the lothric knights with blue tabards might not actually be allies of the guys with red ones, that makes a lot of sense though.

Kind of weird how they patrol right next to one like they are allies though if that is the case.
>>
>>168053353

Twindaggers, Bandit, and Corvian are great.

Run a Hollow build and shove some Carthus on that shit. Ultra users cry.
>>
>>168053326
Found the item in question

>Small Lothric Banner
>Small banner held by Lothric messengers.
>Hold up outside the main castle gate to be greeted by an escort.
>When the High Wall appeared, the path to the Undead Settlement was blocked, and messengers came bearing this banner. They were sent out with a duty, but had no way of returning.

The High Wall isn't a natural part of Lothric.

>>168053148
I have always heard that Yhorm might be the descendant of Wolnir and the profane capitol was Wolnir's former kingdom or one he conquered.
>>
>>168053448
I'll be really disappointed if "2firebat lmao" is how the Soul series ends.
>>
>>168053526
>Kind of weird how they patrol right next to one like they are allies though if that is the case.
They just went hollow, anon. Doesn't matter what you believe in when you're a drooling zombie.
>>
>>168053481
I don't get how people feel like they need stamina regen that bad, even without any buffs it's super fast if you aren't over 70% load.
>>
>>168053563

It's the first boss in the DLC

Bet your ass that the final boss will be The Dark Soul â„¢ of Man
>>
>>168053563
It's literally the first boss in the DLC. All of the shills were only allowed to play up to him.
>>
>>168053563
are you out of the loop or something
>>
arenas should award covenant items and every covenant should have 3 reward tiers at 10, 30, and 80 items

to be fair to dorkmoons and memedogs, add some green and/or blue eye orbs for them
>>
>>168053448
We technically don't know where the snake dragged us off-to in DaS I.
Besides, the third game implies that all of this shit is getting moved around by the first flame.
>>
>>168053607
I always forget that kind of thing, the way so many of the soldiers and knights in lothric castle are positioned make them seem more aware than that.
>>
>>168053072
it is cheap to buy now
>>
>>168053706
>>168053702
And then the final boss is just a Manus recolor.
>>
>>168053804
>We technically don't know where the snake dragged us off-to in DaS I.
You can just drop down and land in Kiln.
>>
>>168053537
nice
>>
File: The Legend.png (450KB, 960x602px) Image search: [Google]
The Legend.png
450KB, 960x602px
Rate my DaS1 build
>>
>>168053783
I'd rather not be involved in the cesspit of horrific balancing that is souls PVP.

>>168053879
Can't really say I care enough to buy it again, honestly.
>>
It sure is nice of the First Flame to seamlessly integrate the Catacombs of Carthus as a connection between Farron Keep and Ithryll!
>>
>>168053923
nice meme friend
>>
>>168052701
ricard if ur cool
>>
>>168054014
>implying the catacombs haven't been adjacent to darkroot since das1
>>
>>168053923
LOL xDD

casull
>>
>>168053810
There are still some knights that keep a semblance of self-consciousness, but not enough to actually remember anything aside from their actual duty.
There's a few red knights mourning other red knights in dragon barracks for example.
>>
best SL for dorkmooning? sl20? is ps4 really that active?
>>
>>168053359

that was the old iron king idiot, and appeared alongside the already faceless last giant
>>
>>168053892
>You can just drop down and land in Kiln.
Huh?
>>
>>168053749
REMINDER IF YOU WANT MAXIMUM FUN FOR TRC USE THE ONE-AND-ONLY MIYAZAKI APPROVED SELF-INSERT BUILDâ„¢

SL125
Knight
35 Vigor
18 Attunement
40 Endurance
15 Vitality
25 Strength
25 Dexterity
9 Intelligence
40 Faith
7 Luck

EQUIPMENT

Knight Set
Kite Shield +10
Refined Longsword +10 - 344 AR
Canvas Talisman +10 - 180 Spell Buff
Shortbow +10 - 240 AR + arrow

RINGS
Ring of Favor
Ring of the Sun's Firstborn
Ring of Steel Protection
Flame Stoneplate Ring

SPELLS
Sunlight Spear
Lightning Blade
Great Heal
>>
How much points do you spend when we are talking about a pure dex (or str) build?

40, 60, or 66?
>>
File: olddas2giants.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
olddas2giants.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
>>168054361
You fucking wish, laddio
>>
>>168054259
SL 80 would be better. More new players getting invaded and you won't have to worry about too much meta cancer.
>>
>>168054483
drop down into a hole Frampt sticks his head from instead of talking with him
>>
>>168054514
60 for dex, 66 for strength
>>
>>168054483
Yep. Just in case a dumb new player punches Frampt until he leaves before placing the Lordvessel, you can always simply fall down yourself.

Although, this does kind of make it look like Frampt doesn't actually have a body and just extends from the darkness.
>>
>>168053448
Are you sure thats the same firelink shrine from DaSI?
>>
>>168054503
>9 Intelligence

At least he is being honest?

I always wondered how the numeric value of the stats reflects the respective stat compared to a normal human.
>>
>>168054639
nice
>>
>>168054503
Why is faith so shitty if his self insert build is a miracle user?
>>
>>168054749
because faith isn't shit and you and any other retard that thinks so has their head so far crammed up their own ass the only thing see you perceive with your fucking eyes is shit

it is quite *LITERALLY* the ONLY viable caster in PvE OR PvP
>>
>>168054589
>>168054650
I didn't know this. Could it just be a gameplay thing? I assumed that the white fog area with all the black knight ghosts meant that the kiln existed outside of normal spacetime or something.
>>
>>168054503
4u, qt3.14
>>
>>168054651
if you look closely at how character falls into the area, you can notice that it has cliff to the right
it also has the same stone circle and ruined "walls" around it
also at least two guys who played in demo at this point said that it actually resembles Firelink
>>
>>168054849
You're confusing it with pyromancy, faith is shit.
>>
>>168053810
>>168053607

the war is over, so they don't have much reason to fight anymore.
>>
>>168054849
Pyromancy is better at both. More things are weak to fire, some of the most annoying enemies are stunned by fire, pyro spells are faster, harder to dodge, and do more damage, and pyros actually have good offensive spells. The only thing Faith has going for it is healing, and only absolute shitters use healing in PvP.

>>168054893
Also note the stairs in the landing pit, which look like the stairs around where the bonfire used to be.
>>
>>168054860
No, Kiln is just a physical place that exists in the same world. It just looks weird because of how much First Flame fucks up space around it.

DS1 and DS3 Kilns are the same, too. You can even find Black Knights in Flameless Shrine which is the past.
>>
>>168053448

the kiln is at the end of time anon, everything in the world is below the kiln. traveling to the kiln is time travel.
>>
>>168053702

the bosses are

crimsonbat

soulsnake

ruinedcapitalking

matherdoragon
>>
>>168055251
So...

Crimson Bat/Demon From Below/Demon Prince.

Angel Frampt?

Reworked Undead King Jar-Eel?

Gwyn's youngest daughter?
>>
Why is No Man's Wharf so hard for me? I can't stop dying.
>>
>Untended Graves
>is set in an Age of Dark

Since you still have regular old fire and light, and since apparently you radiate some sort of light cycle, snuffing out the flame does not seem to be that bad.
>>
Anyone on xbone wanna help me with Dancer? I'm so tired of fighting this boss in after so many NG. NG+6 btw.
>>
>>168055642

>>168055561

if you watched the intro sequence you'd notice that the guy who becomes the soul of cinder lights the flame during that said age of dark. that's how Ludleth ends up on his throne.
>>
Am I just not supposed to level Vitality?

Why the fuck did they take equip load off of Endurance?

Dark Souls 1 had the perfect stat set, and they just shit the bed for the next two.
>>
>>168055383
>>168055642
Man Gwyn can't catch a break. Oldest son fucks dragons, youngest son is part imperfect dragon, youngest daughter becomes queen of a human city then fucks a dragon anyway, and oldest daughter just fucks off.
>>
>>168055385
Use a torch to keep the Lanky Kongs away
>>
>>168055385
NMW is a marked increase in difficulty, you can get summoned at the start and kill so many enemies that you can time out on a large sign. If you're in SotFS summon Bradley, he'll help you push some shit in.
>>
>>168055784
You mean broken
>>
File: ys9x7Rw[1].jpg (95KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ys9x7Rw[1].jpg
95KB, 1600x900px
>>168055383

>Crimson Bat (Demon Prince)

>Soul Serpent (pic related, a gigantic pus of man)

>King of the Ruined Capital (furtive pygmy)

>Mother of Dragons (Queen Lothric, mother to Ocelotte the Child of Dragons, and youngest daughter to Gwyn)
>>
>>168055784
>Dark Souls 1 had the perfect stat set

>RES
>No Luck
>>
If Sullvahn convinced Lothric not to burn himself then it makes sense that Vordt and Dancer would try to impede your progress to drag his ass to the throne.

>>168055771
But the SoC isn't one guy. Isn't it supposed to be all types of Lords rolled into one, hence the changing moveset?
>>
>>168055820
What the fuck are you talking about faggot
I thought Gwyn had one daughter
>>
>>168055784
If vitality wasn't a thing then the already super powerful 40/40 quality build would be fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>168055820
And according to the fantheories, her eldest daughter fucked everything
Including more dragons
>>
>>168055734
Never mind. Just beat her. Used all my estus though.
>>
>>168055913
>>168056002

It was perfect. At least Resistance was a completely useless stat, instead of Vitality being useless enough to make any investment moronic while completely locking away an important section of the mechanics.
>>
>>168055998
I'm getting Divide vibes from this. Will it feature a black guy with a deep voice ramble on about how all of this is totally my fault?
>>
in ds2 which armor looks best with the regular greatsword?

also, does anyone have a .webm of the burnt ivory king's entrance? it's one of the coolest things I've ever seen in my life
>>
>>168056098
>It was perfect.

t. quality babby who wants heavy armor for free
>>
File: tQiub[1].jpg (72KB, 1914x819px) Image search: [Google]
tQiub[1].jpg
72KB, 1914x819px
>>168056005

the SOUL is all types of lords rolled into one. when you link the flame, your soul merges with the soul of lords to be made into kindling.
>>
>>168056229

Vengarl's.
>>
>>168056098
Vitality is not useless you cock guzzling mongoloid. It increases base physical defense for about 30 less damage from attacks on its own at 40 (not that you're ever going to go that high), it lets you abuse poise on hammers and polearms, and it lets your greatswords poise through other greatswords or your great hammers poise through greataxes.

It's a real fucking specific set of breakpoints, but poise is why heavy armor exists. And then there's armor defense, which is actually worth something if you aren't a 27vig memester.
>>
>>168042009
Not really. A lot of PS4 people play Bloodborne instead and the infighting between never ever posters and mustards caused ps4 peoplewant to leave and make some weird ps4soulsgen but it didn't work out.

We have more pc people because pc gets salefags and currently PS4 is a Bloodborne and Nioh machine and those people rather play Bloodborne and Nioh.
>>
>>168056307
t. 120 shitter
>>
>>168055998

the things flying around in that don't look like wyverns, they have no visible appendages just a tail and wings.

maybe they're early concepts for the "angels" we see in the dreg heap?
>>
>>168056229
Alva's. Vengarl's helm or set is a tell that you're a shittter.
>>
File: Seath_the_scaleless02.jpg (961KB, 1305x940px) Image search: [Google]
Seath_the_scaleless02.jpg
961KB, 1305x940px
Did Seath invent sorcery?
>>
>>168056496
Seath invented dragon sorcery. Oolacile sorcery and abyss sorcery existed long before that, and Izalith's fire sorcery before even that.
>>
>>168056229
Llewellyn set for maximum Guts.
>>
>>168056573
Is dragon sorcery soul sorcery?
>>
>>168056496
No, but he pushed it further than anyone.
In fact, he pushed a lot of things further than anyone given that his butterflies are basically the same as DS3 Angels.
>>
>>168056496

he invented soul crystals, which are a physical manifestation of the soul.
>>
File: 20170211152447_1.jpg (401KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170211152447_1.jpg
401KB, 2560x1440px
Dark Souls 3, coming soon to the Nintendo 64.
>>
Fucking HELL Aldrich is fucking annoying
>>
>>168056013
banner mentions youngest daughter mate
>>
>>168056496
He set down the principles of what would become soul sorcery, yes. Although there were probably human scholars who refined and codified the science, since he's called the Grandfather of Sorcery and not the Father.
>>
>>168056631
>soul arrows
>soul spear
>soul greatsword
>homing soulmass
>soul stream
I dunno, was it? I think I'm sensing a pattern here.

Dark sorcery also uses souls, just human souls specifically. Not sure about the other sorcery types.
>>
>>168056479
It's not like anyone even plays DS2 anymore so who cares. I'd actually want to use "noob gear" so if they defeat me they think a salebabby shitter beat them.
>>
>>168056452
The meta was 120 in DeS and DS1, not really sure what your point is.
>>
>>168055848
Fuck. I thought he was a player. This place just hurts my brain. No problem with Bastille and such, but this Wharf kills me.
>>
>>168056680
Even low-poly firekeeper is still a qt
>>
File: 20170211152543_1.jpg (463KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170211152543_1.jpg
463KB, 2560x1440px
>>168056680
Beautiful ember visuals.
>>
>>168056808
Don't worry, the SotFS NPCs are actually smarter than some players. Honest mistake.
>>
>>168056496

he experimented with transforming the metaphysical soul into a physical form, as part of his quest for immortality (dragons probably wear their souls physically as scales, which is what would grant them immortality)

soul crystals are the most obvious thing he created by making the soul a physical object, but he also did the same with crystal golems and moonlight butterflies, which are both sentient beings and I guess a step up in his research
>>
>>168056002
What's the point of luck other than being a meme stat? For item discovery and the like I always liked the Humanity system more.
>>
>>168056680
Anything of note with the latest patch?
NPC reference list changes, maybe?
>>
>>168056892
>EMBER STATUS: ACTIVATED
>>
>>168056934
Bleed and hollow scaling
>>
>>168055848
Wharf is super easy once you know where to go and what fights you can avoid. Just be aware that fire scares the long armed guys.
>>
>>168056680
>>168056892
With a little bit of polish they could make a nice cel shaded look.
>>
>>168056738
Those spells are all from the Vinheim Dragon School. The dragon in the name refers to Seath, no?
>>
>>168056892

desu that looks more badis than the normal ember visual
>>
File: she's got legs.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
she's got legs.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
>>168056680
>>168056892
But can you see the firekeeper's darkness?

>>168056934
Hollow infusion gets scaling with Luck and also boosts Luck if you have 15 or more hollowing, Anri's Straight Sword gets really good Luck scaling, and Man-Grub Staff is a terrible staff that scales with Luck.
>>
>>168056680
Wow, PS4 and Xbox One players have it rough
>>
>>168056934
It effects buildup stats like bleed and poison.
>>
>>168056892
Damn, this look great. Certainly better than the "the tip of your ankle shines a bit every once in a while" normal embered look.
>>
How viable is pyroamncy?
>>
>>168057050
Yes, Seath is the grandfather of sorcery practiced in Vinheim.

>>168057215
Only viable spell type.
>>
>>168056680
Is that the daft punk guy?
>>
>>168056934
In DeS it's item discovery for grass and scaling on the Blueblood sword.

In DS3 it affects bleed, poison and frostbite buildup as well as scaling on hollow weapons and scaling on Anri's straight sword.
>>
>>168056496
>>168056643

Hey so...You guys ever get the feeling that Seath was actually one of the good guys? I don't know why I've always wondered this, but it for whatever reason always seemed like he was trying his best in the given situation.
>>
File: 20170211153255_1.jpg (345KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170211153255_1.jpg
345KB, 2560x1440px
>>168056834
It's not actually low poly. I found a value that controls the size textures appear on models, and textures tile over when they're too small to cover the whole thing. So this is actually what everything looks like if you make the textures 99999999 times smaller.

>>168057012
I poked around a bit, didn't see any new IDs. They didn't add anything of note until they added everything of note last time, so I figure they've gotten smarter about it. The only thing that got modified in advance previously was some of Valorhearts moves got in, if I recall.
>>
>>168056448
How good is the defense gained from vit for say, a dex character?
>>
>>168057303
>Kidnapped people and experimented on them, turning many into monsters
>Left a legacy of madness
Seath a shit
>>
>>168057461
Name ONE thing that Seath did wrong
>>
>>168057303
>so shit at magic science that he can do everything but give himself scales

Seath should have gitten gud.
>>
>>168057376
I always wondered why they made it so you can't get her mask.
>>
File: 20170211153841_1.jpg (617KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170211153841_1.jpg
617KB, 2560x1440px
>>168057376
Double-sized textures are a bit off, as you might imagine.
>>
>>168057417
Defense gained from vit amounts to about one more hit in survivability. Unless you manage to push your defense over the AR of whatever weapon is hitting you, in which case you take about twice as many hits from that weapon.
>>
>>168056717
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Thanks
>>
>>168057303

seathe was greedy. He didn't have the scales of immortality and spent his entire life trying to get them, he probably even was the one who instigated the dragon war specifically to steal the scales from his brothers, which obviously didn't work.
>>
>>168057376
>Dark Souls 3
>Made in UNITY
>>
>>168057551
I listed two. It doesn't help that Seath's first encounter falls into the "scripted loss" trope and his actual fight is meh.

Seath a shit.
>>
>>168057461
>kidnapped people

How do you know those people didn't go there of their own will?

How do you know Seath wasn't trying to help them, and by researching immortality he was trying to find a way to prevent/cure the curse of the undead and become independent of the fire, or create a vessel that could eternally re-ignite it for eternity without going hollow?
>>
>>168057613
That helmet looks so smug
>>
File: Pus Head.webm (419KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Pus Head.webm
419KB, 848x480px
>>168057613
News on pussy head?
>>
Any CE user here know if impossible bonfires will get you fucked?

I don't give a huge shit but I remember not getting in any trouble when I Tear Drop skipped Sully.
>>
>>168057691
>Seath got fucked over by the shit drop rate of dragon scales in-universe
>had no ascetics to respawn them with
>>
>>168057791
If you find the ring of Betrothal you can get Anri, Yuria, Firekeeper, Rosaria, or new DLC character Liliane to sit on your face , replacing your helmet. Or you give them a piggyback ride, replacing your chest armor.
>>
>>168056893
He heals! Good lord, I feel like a retard never just Effigy'ing here.
>>
>>168057748
>How do you know those people didn't go there of their own will?

>Channeler's trident
>Channeler's robe
Seath a shit
>>
>>168057992
>no painter
It's literal trash.
>>
File: 20170211154504_1.jpg (691KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170211154504_1.jpg
691KB, 2560x1440px
>>168057791
Same as it was since AoA patch, it seems.
>>
>>168029639
Does anyone have pics of the gargoyles on the base of the statue?
>>
File: worm bite.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
worm bite.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>168058150
That's disheartening.

Thank you zullie.
>>
>>168057303
Seath was LITERALLY one of the good guys. He helped the Lords bring the Age of Fire forth, that's the entire reason he was a duke in the first place.

The problem is, by the time the games happens even the good guys are either long dead or driven insane already. Sometimes both.
>>
can anyone help me at belfry luna?
>>
>>168058150
Sick headband.
>Same as it was since AoA patch, it seems.
Man I'm worried, what if they will never finish it?
>>
File: 20170211154823_1.jpg (614KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170211154823_1.jpg
614KB, 2560x1440px
>>168058282
Take this displeased Solaire as a symbol of shared disappointments.
>>
File: 217168.jpg (174KB, 419x430px) Image search: [Google]
217168.jpg
174KB, 419x430px
>>168056892
>>
So Memeazaki is just making up more children of Gwyn as he goes along?
>>
>SoFTS was fucking shit LOL LETS JUST PUT A MILLION ENEMIES EVERYWHERE HAHAHA fucking B Team

Thank god for based Miyazaki!
>>
>>168058337

seathe was NEVER a good guy and only ever had his own benefits in mind.
>>
>>168058693
wolfs hunt in packs my man
>>
>>168058663
No, Gwynevere is just infinitely self-replicating. We had about six or seven copies of her loose through the world at last count.

The First Flame is dying less because entropy and more because it can't handle all that breast.

>>168058739
I would argue someone can be a good guy if he does the right thing even if for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>168058693
I can't be disappointed with those things. They're so much like real wolves it's just great.
>>
>>168058693
lol noob
>>
>>168058446
>green ember effects
Really grants you eyes.
>>
>>168058693
I fucking love the snow doggo pack
>>
File: ravelordneatoGREATsword.jpg (80KB, 600x770px) Image search: [Google]
ravelordneatoGREATsword.jpg
80KB, 600x770px
Fuck, I just gave this gem a try and its amazing, way more useful than the +15 Zweihander I was using.

I just realised something about the doll in dark souls 3, the one we use to get into Irythill, knowing that Sully was from the painted world, does it have a link with Priscilla? Or was it just there for the sake of a reference ?
>>
>>168058940
It doesn't even look the same man, what do you think?
>>
>>168058693
All games including DeS and BB use encounters involving groups of enemies, that in and itself is not the problem. It's only a problem if the combat encounters don't feel fun.
>>
What new weapons are expected to be included with the next dlc?
>>
>try playing through DS2 again because I only did one playthrough of it and I wanted to go through some of the cool looking areas again while playing a different character type
>early game is boring as all hell

Jesus christ, before you reach Iron Keep or Drangleic Castle literally only the Tower of Flame, Lost Bastille and the Sinner's Rise have anything resembling an interesting look to them.
>>
>>168032235
Use your own Stand.
>>
File: SL1 Propaned UGS.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SL1 Propaned UGS.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>168059118
http://pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

read this

webbum unrelated, just testing WFB settings
>>
File: habbenin.png (191KB, 342x351px) Image search: [Google]
habbenin.png
191KB, 342x351px
>>168059226

>Paired Greatshields
>>
>>168032483
I never understand these
There's so many variations of it
Pls halp
>>
>>168058940
Gravelord Sword was too good for this sinful world.
Gravelord Servants were too good for this sinful word.
Hell, Gravelord Nito was too good for this sinful word.
>>
>>168058137
Anon do you think you could take a seat right here?
>>
>>168034735
I'd say that it's the loli but I never thought about Ariandel, he may be the one who paint them as he was quite close to Friede
>>
>>168059226
>Splitleaf Greatsword
Should I expect this to be a UGS or a GS?
>>
>tfw you will never play Dark Souls 1 as originally intended
>You will never fuck Priscilla's cloaca for level ups
>>
File: 1484666557714.png (19KB, 214x221px) Image search: [Google]
1484666557714.png
19KB, 214x221px
>>168059226
>Desert Pyromancer Garb
>>
File: Throne-of-want3.jpg (560KB, 1600x919px) Image search: [Google]
Throne-of-want3.jpg
560KB, 1600x919px
>>168059386
I already did.
>>
>>168034831
> the giant Humanity lake outside the CotD

What? Where? I don't see what are you talking about
>>
>>168059484
A glaive. Look at the unusually long handle part of the description.
>>
>>168056680
is this the dark souls 2 mod?
>>
File: Sadlaire.png (732KB, 594x584px) Image search: [Google]
Sadlaire.png
732KB, 594x584px
>>168058446
That makes for a pretty good reaction.
>>
>>168059613

Maybe it will be something like the beast hunter saif
>>
>>168059613
You made my dick flaccid
>>
File: propaned capital shortcut.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
propaned capital shortcut.webm
2MB, 640x360px
a-am i allowed to post helpful tips ITT?
>>
Going to try a faith build in DS2. I'm thinking of doing Heide weapons (start with sword, change to spear when I get it) with some dabbling into random dex weapons on the side for fun.

Should I dump points into faith or dex early game? I just want to focus on damage for the most part.
>>
>>168059815
That's cool but it looks like a super risky way to only save like a minute
>>
>>168059815
Thats neat, what kind of dark build you got there?
>>
>>168059987
The gayest kind
>>
File: 1486095809835.jpg (93KB, 601x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1486095809835.jpg
93KB, 601x1320px
>>168059151
I personally love Forest of the Fallen Giants and if the rest of the game had been up to par I would have a lot more positive view of DaS2.

DaS2 for the first time is like an underwhelming tv series that opened with a cool pilot episode and you keep giving it chances because you think it might become interesting and it never does but you watch it to the end anyways because might as well finish it. When it finally finishes you feel really betrayed for not having any payoff for watching it.

DeS : Oz
DaS : The Sopranos
DaS2 : Prison Break
Bloodborne : Generation Kill
DaS3 : Game of Thrones
>>
>>168059815
i knew about this from watching speedrunners.
>>
>>168058940

Aldrich has the Gravelord sword, and the doll is a Darkmoon Knight doll.
>>
MIGRATE
>>168060370
>>168060370
>>168060370
>>
File: 20170211161044_1.jpg (726KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170211161044_1.jpg
726KB, 2560x1440px
This is an extreme thirst.
>>
File: 66666666.jpg (666KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
66666666.jpg
666KB, 666x666px
>>168060398
>>168060398
>>168060398
are you fucking kidding me we're at 740 replies what are we /lolg/ ?????????
>>
File: DragonAngel.png (2MB, 1795x872px) Image search: [Google]
DragonAngel.png
2MB, 1795x872px
>>168057303
>>
File: Princes.png (305KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
Princes.png
305KB, 500x447px
>>168060398
>>
>scholar runs in the background when I alt-tab
>3 doesn't

y tho
>>
>>168060731
you gotta play it in windowed
>>
>>168059010
I mean not in appearance but the context to use it
Both serve the purpose to pass the barrier to a snow place and Sullyvan was from the painted world, it doesnt seems like a huge stretch to me
>>
>>168046665
rol
>>
>>168056680
>>168056892
Does this reduce resource usage? I'm playing with low fps and game stutters when entering zones.
>>
>>168029679
>do they get summoned back in like a phantom by the Pilgrim, or are they literally emanating from it like a spell?

You can see the spawn animation in the gameplay footage, right?

When you kill the Angel (not the pilgrim), it simply respawns back in the exact same manner it first appeared.
>>
>>168058337
>Age of Fire
>good

Try again senpai.
>>
>>168058693
>triggering every single wolf pack with an extremely clear group calling and long distance aggro mechanic
>FUCK YOU MIYAZAKI FOR THIS LAZY GANK MOB

Uhuh.
Thread posts: 751
Thread images: 128

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.