[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rlg/ Roguelike General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 754
Thread images: 135

File: Roguelike players.png (391KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
Roguelike players.png
391KB, 800x570px
>FAQ and What to Play

FAQ: http://pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

What to Play?: http://pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas

http://pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Roguelike News:

Latest Infra Arcana build:
https://jii.moe/ry6i-QmPe.7z

New IVAN update: 0.5.8, adds a new dungeon, a new win condition, new god effects, new items and bugfixes:
https://github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases

Poschengband update to 5.0.5:
http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8223

Poschengband 5.05 competition:imp skillmaster:
http://angband.oook.cz/competition.php?showcompo=201

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account

User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)
>>
>>167017438

Old, Deceased Rogue: >>166712182
>>
File: v&.jpg (76KB, 1083x288px) Image search: [Google]
v&.jpg
76KB, 1083x288px
>>167017438
>notaroguelike in the OP
>>
If real life was turn and grid based, it would be a roguelike:
You get fucked by RNG, pray to gods who hate you and fuck you over, have no fun but can't quit, then one day you try it drunk/underslept/in bad mood and die.
>>
>>167018279
Yep, that's why it got renamed to zealot blade recently.
Because you can't have muslim words, jews would object. Everyone must replace muslim words with jewish ones.
>>
File: Bad Dragon.png (129KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Bad Dragon.png
129KB, 1440x900px
Do you feel it?
>>
>>167019090
>zealot being an actual word used about jews in the modern day
lmao go whine about starcraft being antisemitic
>>
>>167018084
Character creation is complete RNG, you have to grind for literally years, and it's full of unavoidable deaths.

Who even plays this trash?
>>
>>167019318
>Who even plays this trash?
Mostly poor niggers.
>>
File: Happens by Chance.png (135KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Happens by Chance.png
135KB, 1440x900px
I feel it.
>>
>>167019194
Fasists everywhere these days.
>>
File: History keeps repeating itself.png (134KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
History keeps repeating itself.png
134KB, 1440x900px
I told you it wouldn't work against Gtits.
>>
>figure I can kill smaug for my third book
>get hex 3 as his drop
Oh right. Probably the least fun thing about skillmasters is that your drops don't change based on your skill choices.
>>
>>167022024
Ouch
>>
STOP posting poschengband

I DO NOT WANT to play poschengband
>>
File: 1456572838660.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1456572838660.png
14KB, 400x400px
>>167024362
>STOP DOING THING
>I DON'T WANT TO DO THING TOO

Did they take your free will anon
that's a horrible thing
>>
I've been watching a dude play crawl and right off the bat he throws on fighting and maces. I was always told that you should only do one at a time.

I've been just putting on my weapon until min/delay, should I stop doing this? (I don't typically live until min delay)

Also, as a GrGl I don't know if I should be leveling str or dex. And I don't know how heavy of armor I should be wearing early game.
>>
>Human Fighter
>D:3
>Going down corridor
>Suddenly Jessica, orc priest
>try running out of the priest's LOS
>Jessica blinks ahead and cuts me off
>priest just smites my ass until I die in four turns because armor is fucking worthless against smite damage
>no health pots whatsoever found in that time

TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT

Why is it so goddamn hard for me to get a Human Fighter just into Lair, forget actually getting a rune

You level Armor and Shield and his damage output is garbage, but you level Axes and his shield and armor end up fucking up most of his attacks

and then you've left Fighting unattended, so you end up going from 70 to 15 hp in a round once you meet your first hydra or bee swarm or similarly strong opponent

This is fucking stupid as hell
>>
>>167027401
one at a time is more efficient but doing both and not micromanaging them is easier/lazier
>>
>>167027401
He did fighting+maces since gargoyles have shit-tier HP, probably.

You would do the opposite on a troll, which has so much HP, that you can just leave UC until 15 at the start.

My personal method is to get my weapon swinging at 1.0(for war axes, they start swinging at 1.0 auts at 10 skill) which is when I train fighting in tandem with weapon skill until min delay.

Just do Str on a GrGl.
>>
>>167027626
Senpai why you would you ever level armour or shields earlygame, they barely make a difference at that point compared to the damage increases from weapon skill or HP from fighting.

Do Fighting/Axes 33% / 66%
and hydras are honestly nothing at all, switch to a mace and EXPAND DONG, or just run around a pillar until it lags behind.
>>
>>167027401
By the time you got one level in weapon skill at high level you could instead get several levels in fighting/armor/dodging making your character decent fighter instead of glass cannon.
This is why you should pay attention to skill cost.
>>
>>167027878
alright max str for better EV and throw on plate when i can find it?
>>
>>167028202
Yeah go for heaviest armour, heaviest 2-hander and go for Makhleb. He only needs 4 invocations for lesser demon to be at 1% hostile rate and 15/16 Invo for greater demon to be at 1% hostile rate.

But the real reason you Makhleb is for the healing on kills, which is retardedly strong and makes it so your low HP doesn't get whittled down too easily in big fights.
>>
>>167018084
i can definitely see this as a meme you'd find in a binding of isaac fan group on facebook or something. this is not a good thing
>>
>>167027834
The laziest way is just going GrBe fighting/weapon/armour/dodging 25% each, never ever touching it again.
>>
>>167027626
>leveling shields

Anon, what are you doing...

The regular shield that you get as a Fighter should be discarded for 99 out of 100 characters. It adds like 3-4 auts to all of your attacks (effectively killing you), and it takes a long fucking time to get Shields to 15.

Now, if it were a *buckler*, then that'd be different, since you just need to get Shields to 4. But a regular shield doesn't deserve your earlygame XP being dumped into it.
>>
File: 1483325528136.gif (492KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1483325528136.gif
492KB, 460x345px
>You hear the crackle of arcane power
>Mennas comes into your view
how long does it take for portals to expire again
I don't think I can get away from him
>>
>>167029024
Shields are good, and the penalty only really matters for spellcasters.

No one should train shields earlygame, but the shield is what makes fighter a great background as opposed to a good background, which is even more emphasised for Trolls/Nagas/Formicids who can use large shields at 15 skill.
>>
File: god damnit.png (88KB, 1235x678px) Image search: [Google]
god damnit.png
88KB, 1235x678px
>>167028442
well...god damnit. Never had this happen before I was d8. Is it gg for me?
>>
>>167029736
Probably.
>>
>>167029785
lame I got marked in a narrow hallway and got cut off from both directions, got banished. It was from the disruption weapon right?
>>
>>167029736
I've survived that at a similar level as a Gr of Chei,this is even easier for a Gr of Oka,, teleport at the first time of danger and haste if you can.

The biggest sources of spike damage(raijus) are mitigated by Gargoyle's rElec so you should really be good.

The bigger problem is why you're using a whip of flaming. Flaming is a multiplicative, not an additive brand like Electrocution, so that whip is doing about the same damage as a normal shitty whip. Should have used a normal flail or something.
>>
>>167029736
>XL 10
Nigga you ded.

Start wandering and pray for imps and ufebutus to poach until you get a way out, because it's only a matter of time until some shit like a starcursed mass shows up to crap all over your day.
>>
guys i picked the snail god by accident how do i do good with snail?
>>
>>167029889
Distortion brand will do that, yeah. Was it Sonja or Psyche?
>>
>>167030240
Punch things until you find statue form/blade hands

win
>>
>>167029024
...I thought it was 5.6 for a buckler.
>>
>>167030480
Depends on the size of your race, quoted from beem:
>You need 4/15/25 skill to eliminate evasion, melee speed, and casting penalties for bucklers/shields/large shields for normal races, 5.6/21/- for kobolds and halflings, 7.2/-/- for spriggans, 2.4/9/15 for nagas, centaurs, and formicids, -/9/15 for trolls and ogres.
>>
>>167027401
>I was always told that you should only do one at a time.
You should, but it's not a bad idea to get a little more HP to avoid getting memed hard by Orc Priests, especially for a Gr

>should I stop doing this?
No, it's one of the first things you should aim for

>if I should be leveling str or dex
Str = Int > Dex (choose either Str or Int depending on your skill choices)
>>
>>167029736
F
>>
>>167031116
the wiki told me dex is just a better strength tho
>>
>>167031471
the wiki is outdated, try not to rely on it too much

>Strength reduces penalties from wearing body armour; see aevp. Has a small impact on melee and launcher damage, roughly +25% of initial damage per 10 points of str above 10.

>Dex Increases accuracy by dex/2, chance of stabbing distracted mons and stealth as well. Plays a significant role in EV if you have dodging skill. Boosts ability to shield-block, especially for bucklers, less for large shields.
dgbe

Gargoyles are not really dodgy, if you need up to date information, check here (if you don't mind the awkward page):
https://crawl.develz.org/learndb/
>>
>>167019318
Yeah but the grinding is *REALLY* fun
>>
File: PCBbsa.jpg (691KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PCBbsa.jpg
691KB, 1920x1200px
Just updated to PCB 5.0.5, can someone tell me how to get rid of all the grey x's that now take up unknown space, where before it was just black? It's fugly as fuck.
Also I think this is the earliest I ever found an artifact, Clvl 3 at 100ft, just a damn shame it was put on a broken sword, but it's still actually better that the standard katana. Such a waste of an awesome name for a weapon too...
>>
>>167031906
thx

also anyone got advice on how to in general skill a char. ive never really understood it. i usually just pick a murder skill, train it and then occasionally a defensive skill if im killing hard enough

but then i run into something i cant kill hard enough and die
>>
>>167031471
??famous last words
>>
>>167027626

You're stupid!
>>
>>167032895
>i run into something i cant kill hard enough and die
you are not supposed to kill everything, sometimes running for your life to the closest stairs is the best option, especially if you find Grinder, Edmund or fucking Purgy

Similarly, consumables are useless if you are dead, use them we all have gone through this

>but then i run into something i cant kill hard enough and die
Any specifics?

are you playing online?
>>
Is it worth trying to branch into summoning late game as a tablord hillorc?
>>
>>167033637
wrong thread, sorry
will delet
>>
>>167033628
it's always worth to go with some magic into late game, pick your poison

summons will distract enemies, so it's a good choice
>>
>>167034206
thanks
I was thinking either that or conjurations because of the books I found, but having a bigger wall for warlords to stab shit from behind might be more helpful
>>
>>167033353
i usually fight things via sitting in corridors and run like a bitch at the slightest hint i need to

usually i die to things like my own ghost (which always seem to be far stronger than my own character even if we are literally the same. like they just dodge everything), trying to fight 1 goblin or something and then a ton just spawn out of nowhere. not really to uniques

usually i find i either die early on or i dont and i end up with such a ridic amount of movement options, los blockers, etc that im unlikely to ever die but forget to use them and die anyways
>>
>>167035016
oh also forgot to mention im very fond of mage/melee chars. characters who use buffs, basically. but i always just end up feeling both bad at melee and magic
>>
>>167035016
>>167035108
For almost all cases, specialization is the way to go until there's not much to gain from more training.
>>
>>167035108
Yeah that's what happens when you hybridize. I recommend trying transmuters.
>>
>>167037141
An shame. I wanted to do scald and do good at swords with magic on them

>>167037290
Transmuters are my most played start that I've yet to win on. No one really seems to know how to raise them. I've had the most luck basically just playing a monk (ie ignoring transmuting until unarmed is maxed) but then I got bored because I was playing a monk who just didn't start as a monk
>>
>>167037452
>I wanted to do scald and do good at swords with magic on them

You could maybe train Short Swords instead, since they're faster and require less training to be mostly OK.
>>
Eh I'll try that why not

Beats rolling another easy boring class like Mino berserker and dying of sheer boredom
>>
>>167037452
Spider form and blade hands are overpowered as shit, jump on that train as early as possible
Or at least, they were
>>
>>167037773
Waste of EXP desu. Stabbing becomes very difficult later on, and short blades are very bad at things that aren't stabbing.
>>
>>167038396
I always end up just using spidder form to run. For some reason its absurdly easily killed by poison and by the time I'm not running into poison much I have ice form which just seems to perform better

Blade Hands I've never actually managed to get up and running. If I raise transmut to use it my damage sucks and I die. If I raise unarmed I never end up being able to raise transmut much before getting bored because I'm basically playing a monk

In both cases my defensive skills suck
>>
>>167032414
I don't remember the exact option name but hit = to open options and go into, I think, visual? Not "interact with visuals" (that's tweak tiles). One of the ones in there, it has to do with traps.
>>
File: huge investment.png (19KB, 347x504px) Image search: [Google]
huge investment.png
19KB, 347x504px
>>167040515

Stop being bad. D:4 and D:5 is well within the range of where skill allocation doesn't matter the most
>>
>>167041675
28% failure is not acceptable for a spell as shitty as earlygame blade hands. It is a good way to waste your mp though.
>>
>>167043303

Good news! Whenever you run out of MP you can just... hold your breath... walk away! Pretty neat right, I bet you haven't thought of that cheat before huh?
>>
>>167041675
>13 mana
>28% fail
You have a ~7% chance (which, since it's DCSS, will happen 100% of the time when you can't afford it to) to run out of mana every time you try to cast it from full mana, not to mention it costs all your food.

Sounds pretty terrible.
>>
>>167043765
except for those times when you can't
>>
>>167043912

Uhh, how exactly would you do this anyway? D4 to D6 is mostly cannon fodder and that is more than enough to get another failure rate decrease and some points in UC and you'll just keep on exponentially getting stronger because bladehands is dumb.
>>
>>167043765
>walking away already by D5
>miscasts put you practically in the red for food

I bet you have starved to death more than zero times in DCSS, and that's proof enough you're a shitter. Spider form easily can get even a retard like you to lair, meanwhile ice form can clean up lair just as easily. Blade hands without chei is a meme, and an octopode using blade hands that early if ever is a double meme.
>>
>>167044060

>food ever mattering
>on D:5

now THIS is what you call a meme
>>
>>167044312
Most non-retards don't cast level 5 spells with 25% failure rates ;)
>>
>>167044060
>walk away when OOM
>come back with full mana
turncount and food literally dont matter, so there's no downside to doing this in the rather rare possibility that you miscast bladehands enough to go oom
>>
>>167044761
that's because they're using non-buff spells anon
25% fail on fireball is awful
25% fail on spiderform is fine and dandy, unless maybe you're a naga
>>
>>167045015
25% on spiderform is a lot different from 25% on bladehands at clvl 7, 4 casts compared to 2. 1% effective fail rate vs 12%.

>>167044936
>rare possibility
>12.5%

oh boy here we go
>>
>>167046290

walking away is a lot different than not walking away
>>
>>167046535
Walking away won't solve all your problems

and least that's what the people who love you would tell me if they existed!
>>
File: dragon scales.png (386KB, 1592x992px) Image search: [Google]
dragon scales.png
386KB, 1592x992px
so wait, do I wear it? Also what should I try and get for a weapon, going into mace and flails
>>
>>167052535
Probably not. You're a Gargoyle, so your AC (if you don't fault) will eventually be high as fuck. You already have terrible EV with just chain mail and a shield, so gold dragon scales would put that at like 1-2 EV. The rPois would be nice for Lair (I'm assuming you haven't gone to Orc/Lair yet), but not really necessary.

I like M&F because they're quite versatile and usually pretty numerous. For 1H setups, you'll want an eveningstar, although you'll be more likely to find a morningstar (which is also halfway decent). The best standard 2H mace would be the great mace, which is extremely common in The Vaults. Demon whips and sacred scourges (most likely to find in the Depths) can be used to quickly take out enemies with crappy AC; with good brands (holy wrath against evil monsters; electrocution for everything else), they actually work as great standard weapons.
>>
>>167053419

Being numerous is M/Fs only redeeming feature. In the end you'll just be a smart player and invest in either Long Blades or Axes because they're objectively better even with their reduced apts on a gargoyle.
>>
>>167053419
thanks, also is it okay to finish dungeon before lair? Or is lair easier than the rest of dungeon i found lair late d11.

also, what should I start training? My EV is still low as fuck (5EV)
>>
File: GrGl.png (44KB, 1592x992px) Image search: [Google]
GrGl.png
44KB, 1592x992px
>>167055779
forgot pic
>>
File: TrFi_YuifRescue_ascension.jpg (143KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
TrFi_YuifRescue_ascension.jpg
143KB, 1366x768px
I 1-hit antaeus, Ereshkigal, and Lom Lobon, while a mighted Dragon, I couldn't believe it
>>
>>167055779
Late Dungeon can sometimes be crazy, so you should do Lair beforehand. Especially as a Gargoyle, you should have no real problems in Lair besides the heavy hitters (elephants, death yaks) since you're immune to poison.

>>167055884
Armor would probably give you the most bang for your buck, since it would ease a little bit of the EV, too.

Dodging would be next, although you don't have to go crazy with it: just make sure its cost level is roughly the same as Armour's after you're done leveling it. You're likely not going to get your Dodging (and, thus, your EV) to a high number, but being able to outright avoid attacks is always nice.

Invocations also deserves some attention, since that's more offensive firepower for you.
>>
File: 1426690530689.jpg (452KB, 400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1426690530689.jpg
452KB, 400x1200px
guys I'm nervous as fuck about my ascension
I dont want to fuck up after I came this far
care to share some of your protips for me before I visit my stash for one last time and snatch the orb?
>>
>>167057297
have you already punched the oofs between you and orb to death

because that's the most dangerous part, not the escape afterwards
>>
>>167057386
already fucked up everything between me and the orb before I left for my stash
I'm nervous because I heard big monsters pop out of thin air and block your way as soon as you pick up the orb and this keeps happening until you leave the dungeon
>>
>>167057465
well yeah that does happen
use some hastes and teles if a spooky panlord shows up
>>
File: hydraprideworldwide.png (42KB, 791x564px) Image search: [Google]
hydraprideworldwide.png
42KB, 791x564px
Whoa, since when does the black market sometimes only stock items you can equip?
>>
>>167057465
Pan Lords and the somewhat rarer holy versions of them (Seraphim). Tier-1 demons and torment-users are fairly rare, although that shouldn't give you an excuse to dawdle around.

If you have a Holy Wrath branded weapon, it might not be a terrible idea to have it on you. You, of course, shouldn't *try* to fight Pan Lords -- or anything you see on the Orb run, for that matter. But if you find yourself about to get fucked, it's nice to have an offensive option.

For the truly paranoid, you might also want to use your wands of digging to create the quickest path to ascension on every floor from Zot to D:1 before grabbing the orb.
>>
>>167058087
nah fuck it
the worst case scenario is that I die the heroes death and become the legend of the "arch wizard that almost had it all"
here we go boys
>>
>>167058759
And of course, don't be afraid to teleport yourself (scroll/wand/etc.) if you run into trouble. It'll be delayed, sure, but if you've already cleared and mapped out the floors beforehand, it'll be worth the effort.
>>
File: Gargoyle.png (201KB, 1366x703px) Image search: [Google]
Gargoyle.png
201KB, 1366x703px
>>167054986

See how good Gargoyles are at Long Blades? This is truly the greatest optimal choice right here until you get bored because it's too strong.
>>
File: son of a bitch.png (54KB, 1296x806px) Image search: [Google]
son of a bitch.png
54KB, 1296x806px
>kill the son of a bitch
That's not really ladylike.
>>
File: I AM GOD NOW.jpg (168KB, 1526x879px) Image search: [Google]
I AM GOD NOW.jpg
168KB, 1526x879px
and its over, the legendary artifact orb of zot along with four runes are mine
first time that I actually got this far and its really satisfying
honestly this ascension was the most thrilling part of the dungeon and I went below 20 HP three times
oh by the way
>>166559328
>By the way you're playing, I'm surprised you got this far
TAKE THAT ANON AHAHA I GOT THE ORB and thanks again for the advice
>>
>>167059457
grat

>4 runes
which 4?
did you do vaults + abyss?
>>
>>167057696
I've seen this happen before as well, and it seems to affect random quest drops as well. Playing a centipede and a random quest reward was literally 4 exceptional pairs of boots, and I must have read 4-5 scrolls of acquirement and they were all either boots or rings. No idea what causes it though. I think when it happened to me it was just the regular armor shop though, not the black market.
>>
>>167059523
yes I did vaults and abyss with swamps and spider nest
abyss fucked me up with mutations so I decided to go for the orb before my luck runs out
>>
>>167059540
random quest rewards and acquirement are guaranteed to always give you usable shit

it's quite nice on a ring mimic when you just get a pile of 5 high-level rings with maybe an artifact in there
>>
>>167059691
can dopplegangers mimic a ring mimic?

Can dopplegangers mimic a statue of chest mimic mimic?
>>
File: PCBsscmm.jpg (572KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PCBsscmm.jpg
572KB, 1920x1200px
>>167060419

Can mimics disguise themselves as a statue of a statue of chest mimic mimic?
>>
>>167060419
as far as I know dopplegangers only get to mimic humanoid races.

Posessors can get into bodies with nonstandard slots but i don't think mimics leave corpses so still no ringmimic form.
>>
do people still talk about mumo here
or has the curse finally been purged?
>>
>>167060760
the only person here who cares about mumo is busy repeatedly killing himself in alwaysinterestingrooms nightmare pcb
>>
File: slexy artifacts.png (79KB, 1280x1000px) Image search: [Google]
slexy artifacts.png
79KB, 1280x1000px
The Amy came up with new ideas during a (supposedly drunken :D) brainstorming session, and will implement these new artifacts in slex shortly.
>>
>>167061056
>putting me on the same level of dicks and implo
You flatter me good sir.
>>
>>167062457
you're just the only one who posts in the thread
i still voted against you in that poll
>>
File: Gargoyler.png (213KB, 1365x706px) Image search: [Google]
Gargoyler.png
213KB, 1365x706px
Should I just win this? This tedium is killing me on the inside
>>
>>167061912
>female attempts at humor
>mixed with german tastes
>>
>>167062662
Sure.
>>
>>167062662
>getting bored
yes
and then play a game other than crawl
>>
>>167061912
you should go outside more often
>>
>>167062784
Why do you think I wasn't posting anything yesterday?
>>
>>167061912
10/10
>>
>still no 1.5 tome

dorkgood
>>
>>167062830
He doesn't mean
>you should see people and be more social, then come back a more normal person
but
>you should go outside and stay there
>>
>>167062958
Nah, it's too cold outside and I haven't found any yeti corpses to eat in real life.
>>
>>167062942
>tome4 version numbers don't start with a 4
what did they mean by this
>>
Is Ratling Merchant a hard combo to play?
>>
File: Gargoylest.png (467KB, 1366x706px) Image search: [Google]
Gargoylest.png
467KB, 1366x706px
need more money for dem programs
>>
>>167064535
merchant in general is supposed to be a hard class
>>
>>167064535
ADOM? Merchants are pretty horrible in general, so the answer is yes. I vaguely remember them having a lot of starting gold though, so if you're lucky enough, you might find something helpful in the outlaw shop.
>>
>>167064535
What sort of combo you lookin for mate.
>>
>>167061912
>initialized to always be shitty gloves
Amy = Okawaru
>>
>>167062958

kek
>>
>>167064684
>>167064841
Ratling merchant it is then.
Looks like this time i got wands, the other 3 drakeling merchants i splatted sold potions and rings.
Once i run out of charges, am i fucked or is there a reasonable way to recharge them?
>>167064914
A masochistic one, basically i want to autistically prove to myself that i'm not a shitter by winning ADOM (a hard game without spoilers) with a hard combo (merchant + race with no intrinsic value like a Ratling).
Also i'm a hoarder and a jew, so roleplaying value.
>>
>>167040515
Spiders are weak to poison, yes. They have a vulnerability.
Get a couple points of dodging before lair and get blade hands up either by the end of or after lair.
>>
>>167065432
You can grind anything to passable in ADOM so eh. Just a matter of how much patience you got to use your preference of deffo-not-spoilers.

That said, mist elf is probably harder than ratling for those janky unspecialized melee starts.
>>
So I got blade hands working on a troll.

I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking. This is just a troll with **** UC scores.
>>
>>167068752
Get statueform or dragonform.
>>
May as well shoot for statue. All my attempts at dragon just didn't feel very good at all.
>>
File: 2017-01-31.png (388KB, 1832x1017px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-31.png
388KB, 1832x1017px
>>167069439
I love statueform too.
But troll dragons have obscene amounts of HP and damage, some people like that.
>>
File: Not this shit again.png (2MB, 1917x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Not this shit again.png
2MB, 1917x1040px
Maybe i should get comfortable first with something more bearable.
Is Drakeling Healer good enough?
>>
>>167070603
Elona has better graphics and also better playability.
>>
>>167070709
>better graphics
hell no
>better playability
Maybe, but ADOM defined the genre, in the good and bad ways, ELONA is literally pure grind.
>>
>>167070603
Healer is one of the strongest classes. Amazing skill spread.

The only downside is that you start with a scalpel as a weapon.
>>
>>167062567
Oh my~
>>
>>167065432
>basically i want to autistically prove to myself that i'm not a shitter by winning ADOM (a hard game without spoilers) with a hard combo (merchant + race with no intrinsic value like a Ratling).
Oh hey nice to see another masochist around here
>>
>>167070603
TrMo^Cup/Book is still the best starting-to-finish combo in ADoM. You get literacy and int on a troll, plus a lot of dex. They compliment each other wonderfully.
If you just want to learn to play the game without spoilers, I' d suggest playing that before (anything) merchant. ADoM' s got 99 ways to fuck you up if you're unspoiled (for example the screamo queen)
>>
>>167071841
It's not like we hate ourselves or anything!
>>167072046
Screamo queen? Don't tell me anything, but i hope it's not the usual "the queen is actually evil!" trope.
>>
File: Happy birthday!.png (371KB, 1917x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Happy birthday!.png
371KB, 1917x1040px
>>167072198
>>167070603
And by the way, the game fucking hates me.
I still have my ratling merchant alive at level 2, but i liked this drakeling healer, and now i'm gonna get raped and lose it because my autistic heart wants to save that fucking dog. I didn't even get a reward with my previous drakeling merchant, fucking lil'bitch.
>>
>>167070603
dang thats an impressively ugly game
>>
>>167072875
>newfag
>>
>>167072875
Someone post tome.
>>
MuMo is objectively the most fun a person can have with a video game.
>>
>>167073717
pretty sure thats alternating tab and 0 and running into corridors and up and down stairs friendo
>>
File: 1483594062991.jpg (3KB, 125x109px) Image search: [Google]
1483594062991.jpg
3KB, 125x109px
>>167073021
Not him, but those abominable tiles haven't gotten any better with time.
>>
>>167073717

You just haven't played enough videogames
>>
File: 1462035747834.png (40KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1462035747834.png
40KB, 1600x1024px
how do i handle those goblin summoners guys? their AI is the most annoying shit ive ever seen.
>>
File: 1485866964443.jpg (22KB, 476x320px) Image search: [Google]
1485866964443.jpg
22KB, 476x320px
>manage to save puppy in ADOM
>alignment finally bumps to NC, so I can finally get Healing
>bit by rat
>get plague and die
>>
>>167073717
I agree.
>>
>>167074547
next time dont get bit

also on a more serious note, how do you make playing the healer god in DCSS work? I always just spend half the time running away to get MP
>>
>>167075104
I dont
>>
>>167076153
You dont, you get piety by destroying weapons, then convert. Or if you really, really want to be a healer, you only heal shit that's dangerous. D:1 adder? Heal. D:1 hobgoblin? Kill it. D:1 hobgoblin with a dagger of venom? Heal.
>>
>>167076331
No weapon destroying anymore.
Only exploration piety.
One of the most worthless gods.
>>
what class/race should I play if I want a lich king tier of death knight with heavy armor and a big blade focused on necromancy?
>>
>>167077134
Install an old version and play Deathknight. I liked Merfolk with this but Minotaur may be closer to what you want
>>
>>167077108
>playing gimped versions of crawl
I don't understand, have you suffered severe head trauma recently?
>>
File: balls.png (73KB, 1132x727px) Image search: [Google]
balls.png
73KB, 1132x727px
Amberites, not even once.

At least I lived long enough to test that the craft brand spells do work on archery, so it is likely a viable skillmaster build if you don't get paralyzed in front of a death scythe.
>>
>>167037452
>Transmuters are my most played start that I've yet to win on. No one really seems to know how to raise them. I've had the most luck basically just playing a monk (ie ignoring transmuting until unarmed is maxed) but then I got bored because I was playing a monk who just didn't start as a monk
That is how you play Transmuter: an unarmed melee guy. The only difference between it and a dedicated UC user is that they have super strong buff spells.

DrTm^Chei is probably the easiest transmuter build.
>>
>>167081865
TrTm^Che is the easiest one, because you have it easy both in early and in late game.
Other good species include Mf, Op. Gr are awesome if you get them off the ground.
>>
I got a sniper rifle in Elona+ but the hit bonus is -1, how do I get it up?
>>
>>167084470
grind gold and pay the blacksmith to enchant it
also, acid/fireproof it if it isn't already, so you won't lose those enchantments to acid slimes or similar asshole enemies
>>
I haven't started a new run to post a screenshot for the page 10 bump so this empty text bump should do for now
>>
>>167080812
>paralyzed in front of a death scythe.
Wow, that's horrible.
>>
>>167085037
thanks
>put on some claws from a job
>doomed
>go to the puppy cave
><asura> on the first floor
>>
>>167086912
Get your stuff identified before you try it on! A bloodsucking curse before you're XL6 will fuck you up. Also, if you didn't grind, that boss asura will also fuck you up.
>>
File: Arabian Omedetou.gif (184KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
Arabian Omedetou.gif
184KB, 500x491px
>>167059457
>TAKE THAT ANON AHAHA I GOT THE ORB
Anon, I'm gonna let you in on a secret
That's what happens when you check your xp level with @ when you get to level 27
I always believed in you.
>>
Okawaru tips from the source code:

Heroism and Finesse are both capped to 100 turns max, and their minimum duration is 10 turns each. The formula for duration is given by a die with (Invocation skill times 6) many sides. The average of two rolls of the die (plus 10, since it's the minimum) determines the duration, where anything about 100 is set to 100.

So, how much Invocation to train depends on how long you want Heroism and Finesse to be on average. 13 to 14 skill would make them average to 50 turns with moderate rolls; 27 skill would average to 90 turns with moderate rolls. But there's always a chance to get a low roll, so that's something to consider, too.
>>
>>167074201
hide on the other side of a door from them and wait for them to be stupid enough to walk through it
>>
>>167088615
Anything about 100 or anything above 100?
>>
>>167088615
Good to know thanks.

Running a troll transmuter of Oki currently and had no idea how to actually raise the stat since I don't generally use gods that care about it.
>>
>>167089325
Ah, I typo'd: "anything about 100" should be "anything above 100". 99 would be 99 turns and so on for anything lower.
>>
>>167070807
elona graphics are definitely better. that cartoony style in games always pisses me off
>>
>>167093282
Elona's graphics are terrible, but ADoM's aren't worse.
>>
How do I get good at DCSS? been playing for two weeks and I think I'm ready for spoilers
>>
>>167093409
Elona's graphics are charming in their simplicity. Adom's graphics are that post-2010 ultra-detailed ultra-deformed graphic design ethos. Same as ToME. Same as any kickstarter'd indie game. Same as tablet games. Because that's what cheap artists know how to do today.
>>
>>167094734
Elona's graphics are charming for a weeb, maybe.
Adom's tiles are cartoony trash.
>>
>>167094689
develop ability to evoke feet
>>
>>167094835
What's it like to have no taste? Does it affect your everyday life?
>>
File: 1464124600296.jpg (79KB, 777x656px) Image search: [Google]
1464124600296.jpg
79KB, 777x656px
>>167095273
I wouldn't know, anon. Does it?
>>
>>167094689
Play a Minotaur and choose one of the Warrior backgrounds or a Berserker. Berserker will get you far if you've never reached The Lair.

Basic survival skills:
* "x=v" or "Ctrl+x" should be your bread and butter. x= cycles through enemies on screen, while Ctrl+x looks at anything visible to you. If you see a monster who you're unsure about, look at their descriptions. The game will tell you how much damage their melee attacks can deal and whether they're harmless, easy, dangerous, or extremely dangerous.

* If you see an enemy and determine you could probably take them on, then try to fight in an "ideal area", which is 1) an area you've already cleared out and 2) a hallway or corridor where all 8 sides of out can't be surrounded. Almost all enemies will follow you if you run away from them, so use that to lead them to these areas.

* Going upstairs is a very powerful tool. If you've cleared out a floor, then it's a great space to fight enemies without worrying about more hordes coming your way. So, lead enemies to you, bring them upstairs, kill them, and repeat if necessary. Equally, you can go upstairs to rest if you're at low health.

* You don't need to fight every enemy you see. Many enemies have the same speed as regular player characters (speed 10), so you can just run away without worrying about damage (hence, "evoke feet" >>167094948). Escape up a set of stairs, and then go down a completely different set if possible and avoid the previous enemy. For very strong enemies (certain uniques, player ghosts), you might have to go downstairs after clearing out as much of the floor as you can and just take care of them some other time, when you have better stats/weapons.
>>
><15 minutes
Speedrunnin' towards death.
>>
File: reap.png (202KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
reap.png
202KB, 1920x1040px
Never gotten zonguldruk before, is it worth using? Seems like it's not that good.
>>
>>167096693
If you specifically want a double blade, sure. Otherwise, it's kinda shit. Might be decent for D:4, though.
>>
>>167096693
it's a +9 double sword on D:4, nuff said, raising zombies (if they were to leave a corpse) is not amazing but helpful

seeing you got a decent elec whip, it may not be worth the switch, your call
>>
>red mage needs to be level 15 to use the lowest level spell in the lowest level armageddon book
This doesn't seem very promising.
>>
File: thankgodnonpcsaregoingtouseit.png (407KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
thankgodnonpcsaregoingtouseit.png
407KB, 1920x1040px
why is the game taunting me
>>
>Examine thing
>EXTREMERLY DANGEROSO!
>Oh shit I better bail on this and come back later
>Go down and clear a few more floors
>Come back with amazing armor and a demon trident
>There he is lets see how you stack up now, fucko
>EXTREEMELY DANGEROOUS
>What the shit oh god how tough is this guy
>Try to run but get cornered
>Hit, but take no damage. Resist without effort
>Huh that's strange
>Take a swing
>He disintegrates in one hit
>It keeps happening

What was meant by this. What is the point of these danger ratings if they aren't compared to your current level? And without any kind of stats to compare how do I know whether something is actually dangerous? I was scared shitless of the huge sea monsters at the bottom of the shoals, but I murdered it easily. Two minutes later another "EXTREME DANGER" monster obliterated my anus because I was expecting another easy murder.

Is this the worst game ever y/N
>>
File: The situation has changed.png (151KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
The situation has changed.png
151KB, 1440x900px
You don't say.
>>
>>167099897
y but not because of your inability to assess actual danger
>>
>>167098825
red-mage is the one that's "sorcerer but only for the first two books", right
i think you're supposed to play like a warrior who just has a shitload of utility spells
doesn't sound much better than monk of nature really
>>
As a GrFi should I toss the shield and heavy armor and go light armor and two hand for more EV seeing as Garg's already have great AC? Or should I just get as much AC as humanly possible . Just finished lair been going into armor and fighting, wondering if it would be more powerful to switch it up
>>
>>167100675
Oh also to add, been training STR exclusively
>>
>>167100675
I'm pretty sure you want to go super heavy, because you get more GDR from the heavier armours than other species.
>>
File: 1485732601529.jpg (75KB, 354x259px) Image search: [Google]
1485732601529.jpg
75KB, 354x259px
>>167100907
>gdr mattering
why do you think this
>>
>>167099897
Extremely dangerous simply means there's a *chance* they'll rape your face.

Crawl can be pretty stupid since dice rolls can be really low, making some "dangerous" situations absolutely nothing to worry about. This becomes an even bigger deal if you can attack multiple times per turn, so that there aren't even many chances for them to attack you in the first place.

This can even apply to popcorn enemies, where you can mow down some of them but get fucking wrecked by a random one due to it getting lucky rolls (lucky for them, unlucky for you).
>>
>>167101161
Well what's your answer to the question then?
>>
>>167100675
as always, you care about total AC+EV
don't sacrifice 15EV to get 10AC or vice versa

also in general a balance of AC and EV is better than going all-out in one, because there are some things that AC is better for and some things that EV is better for. plus it's just more xp-efficient
>>
>>167101674
Okay thanks, does that mean I should start training dodging and fighting ? Or armor and fighting
>>
>>167101161
reduces RNG bullshit, one of the best things you can have in a such a random game like crawl since you're not left to the mercy of the dice gods.
>>
>>167101831
yes and yes and yes

skills get exponentially more expensive the higher level they are, to the point where taking a skill from 26 to 27 can be more expensive than going from 0 to 15 or so. you should train multiple defensive skills instead of dumping all your xp in one and leaving the others neglected
>>
>>167101856
rng bullshit comes from 120damageLCS not from melee attacks
gdr literally only affects melee attacks
>>
>Train maces for 12 levels
>You've found a +7 spear of the Salmon!
Yeah fuck you too
>>
File: Keep going.png (168KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Keep going.png
168KB, 1440x900px
Huh-huh...
>>
>>167103209
base type is more important than enchantment anon
that artifact is p. shitty
>>
File: Dragon Gangbang.png (165KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Gangbang.png
165KB, 1440x900px
Oh, it wasn't two ancient red dragons! It was an ancient red dragon AND a dracolisk!
>>
>>167103821
this is why you have the monster list visible in a subwindow anon-kun
>>
>>167103501
>+7 Salmon
>shitty
???
>>
>>167103909
I have a problem with that on linux, if I play it on wine I can't open more than a single window.
>>
>>167103914
wait what fucking game is that
is "of the salmon" an ego in some weird game i don't realize
or are you just shitposting about crawl randarts
>>
H-hi!
>>
Is PCB-R better than PCB?
>>
>>167080812
Anon, how did you get that font? That looks really nice.
>>
File: mace of reason.png (479KB, 1592x992px) Image search: [Google]
mace of reason.png
479KB, 1592x992px
Is this worth using?
>>
>>167107201
No, and great maces in general aren't worth using. Go 1H + shield if you're going maces.
>>
>>167107292
>great maces in general aren't worth using
What's the reasoning behind this?
>>
>>167062567
what poll
>>
>>167107485
Maces are meant to be quick-pop guerilla weapons, and higher damage is less important. With the increased parry and wounds you inflict with swords, and axes ability to hit everything around you, they both benefit greatly from higher damage numbers, enough to offset the lost defense of a shield.
Maces are about damage per hit per time, not only making faster weapons better but making the damage/def tradeoff of two handing much less optimal.
>>
>>167107985
>Maces are meant to be quick-pop guerilla weapons
What does that even mean in practical terms
>>
>>167108284
Battleaxe - Go berserk, leap into the fray and kill 8 enemies at a time
Swords - Drag your foes into a tunnel and fence them one at a time
Maces - Dance across the battlefield dodging and dealing high damage single opportunity strikes
>>
>>167108284
i dont know what that anon is smoking but you probably shouldnt listen to any advice he gives you
>>
>>167108556
>Maces - Dance across the battlefield dodging and dealing high damage single opportunity strikes
Setting aside the other shit, unless maces got some new mechanic going for them in the past couple versions I have no clue what bit of M&F encourages this.
>>
>>167108787
He's memeing about brogue, I think.
>>
>>167108787
he's making shit up

apparently long swords can parry things and maces have some hidden mechanic that makes them only care about swing speed and not damage
>>
>>167103914
>find +7 Salmon on the ground
>It smells... fishy. Its tail undulates rhythmically. It is farm-raised.
>>
File: 1485202880592.jpg (26KB, 230x240px) Image search: [Google]
1485202880592.jpg
26KB, 230x240px
>>167109049
>Its tail undulates rhythmically
unf
>>
>>167109205
>wanting to fug a salmon

you remind me of the utter degenerates of /vp/
>>
>>167107201
it's quite better than your current one for sure, holy is not that great for 3-rune games (it's the best for extended tho)

also, you want SInv somewhere, so that alone will help you, you just have to make up for that nasty rF- somehow

also drop those potions of degeneration, they re completely worthless, they only exist to fuck with people blindly quaffing unidentified potions
>>
>>167060645
See
>>167060628
>>
>>167110231
that's a statue not a corpse
>>
>>167106420
Pretty much all the subvariants are better unless you like playing roguelikes as a proxy for punching yourself in the face.
>>
>>167061912
Whatever roguelike this is, this picture has convinced me to never play it.
Good job.
>>
>>167080812
>Level 39 (at least)
>Arena depth 3650ft
>Doesn't have Free Action
Are you fucking serious? Unless you're using cheat death or something, that's unbelievably retarded, and you deserve to die.
>>
>>167060645
I suspect temporary polymorphs aren't taken into account for determining which items you can use. Or, at least I tried using wolf form at one point to avoid getting useless dagger of slaying {/T} from angband quests on a vampire and I don't think it worked.

Presumably possessors function differently since they have like no slots in their base form. Not sure about mimics.
>>
>>167110669
AFC para pierces free action to a degree.
>>
>>167104013
>Most obnoxious poster in thread
>Runs Linux
Every damn time
>>
>>167106420
It depends. PCB-R is almost like the 'cheat' version, where some guy tweaked some stuff to make it easier, so it's almost like downloading a hacked version of a game.

Look at it this way - would you rather play a Pokemon game, or a Pokemon game where your pokemon level up faster and there have been general tweaks to make things run easier? It's arguably better, but it's not legitimate, so really it depends on whether you care about that nagging feeling you'll have that you're playing on easy mode.
>>
>>167110371
Yeah I just wanted an answer to my question....
>>
File: FFFFF.png (175KB, 1144x682px) Image search: [Google]
FFFFF.png
175KB, 1144x682px
Why do I do this to myself
>>
>>167110843
AFC?
>>
>>167111675
Ancient foul curse, blood curse, whatever you like calling the Amberite retribution.
>>
>>167107485
There's alot of common good 1H maces(Morningstar,Eveningstar,Demon whip) that you can leverage far better with a shield than a shittier non-cleaving battleaxe.

I have no idea about what the other anon is talking about though.

Have no idea what that other anon is talking about though.
>>
>>167111607
turn down your screen bright, jesus.
>>
>>167111607
You're fine. The komodo dragon is the only truly dangerous thing there, and having a freezing weapon will make things easier. Plus, you have tele scrolls if need be.
>>
>>167112048
My what?

>>167112270
Yeah it was a cakewalk I was shocked
>>
File: maces.png (26KB, 718x369px) Image search: [Google]
maces.png
26KB, 718x369px
Which mace do I use? I have no idea how to tell which weapons are good and which aren't. Is there some sort of updated version of the wiki I could use?
>>
>>167112970
There's no way to determine stats or damage, so it's impossible to know what weapon is better than another.
I'd use the +10 myself desu
>>
>>167112970
In general, you want higher base damage and lower attack speed. Accuracy isn't that important.

The Nuru mace is probably the best you have right now -- the speed brand is quite good for early game. The War mace is very bad, due to the *Contam (you'll be very magically contaminated when you eventually want to switch weapons); I'd get rid of it, tbqh.

A draining brand weapon is always nice to have.

The good thing about weapon switching is that it takes half a turn, so you're free to do it when you feel like it.
>>
>>167112970
I've heard it said that +3 enchantment is roughly equivalent to 1 more base damage.
>>
>>167100675
Anyone telling you otherwise is a scrub ass shitter
HEAVIEST FUCKING ARMOR PERIOD
You see that CPA over there? You wear that shit. Find a d1 plate? You wear that shit.

All these EV fags don't know shit about crawl or gargoyle
>>
>Find a Volcano on second level of Lair
>In a room with a door
>A wizard jumps out!
>You are cast into the Abyss!
>OhgodwhereamI
>I need to gtfo but there might be some sweet loot... Lets poke around
>No loot anywhere to be found
>A piece of leather armor and a whip and a tree potion
>Extremely dangerous shit everywhere can't even rest barely staying alive
>Still can't find exit

SEND HELP YOU COCKSUCKERS DONT JUST SIT THERE WATCHING ME
>>
>>167118365
Run and tele (bearing in mind tele takes fucking forever to work in abyss). Don't go deeper into the abyss, youll get fucked harder.

Other than that, you're in god's hands now. Good luck to you
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (71KB, 414x464px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
71KB, 414x464px
>>167118365
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>167118976
FLY YOU FOOL
>>
>>167118365
I'll say this:

>going into Volcano
>ever

If you're playing 0.19 or, certainly, 0.20, Volcano portals are hugely dangerous by the time you find them.

Tele scrolls, heal yourself, etc. You might be fucked anyways.
>>
>>167118976
RIP Mable the Bludgeoner
>>
>>167119432
This is one of those things that pisses me off. I like Roguelikes in theory, but I feel like anything that you have to die to at least once or twice to learn about is bad design in a game with permanent death.
Dark Souls is a game designed around learning through failure/death, but if it deleted your character every time you died it would be one of the worst titles of all time.
>>
>>167119432
Volcanos are never a problem whenever I find one and I'm always rolling on trunk. Only time they give me trouble is if I can't take down toenail golems quickly, fire snakes before they snipe me, or get an unlucky death knight spawn.
>>
>>167119590
Play a fucking good roguelike then retard
>>
>>167121281
I think better advice is to just stop playing roguelikes
>>
>>167121281

This doesn't exist anon.
>>
finish dungeon or do orc after lair? What do people usually do?
>>
>>167123406
If you can finish Lair, then Orc should be easypeasy.
>>
>>167123406
Since food doesn't matter, travel time doesn't matter. Just do whichever is easiest, and as soon as it gets the least bit difficult go do the other one. Repeat until you win the game.
>>
File: compassionate.png (11KB, 680x48px) Image search: [Google]
compassionate.png
11KB, 680x48px
Apparently the definition of compassion includes blasting beggars with death magic.

Life lessons here.
>>
>>167126703
did you know there's a special case for zapping a leper with a wand of heal monster
it gives x10 the normal amount of compassion or something
>>
>>167126830

sounds like bloat to me
>>
>>167126979
yes and it's wonderful
>>
>>167084470

Sniper rifles are always like that in exchange for having the highest potential damage among all regular guns.
>>
PCB:
I understand elemental brands on weapons, and that Viper's Fang is same again for poison, but can someone explain how Sharpness and Mana Brand work?
>>
>>167028202
>>167031116
>str>dex
>str affecting EV
>on wiki they're saying that dex is a better choice because it affects everything
?
>>
PCB:
Also, is there a cap on the usefulness of AC, a point where gaining more has literally no benefit at all? Does getting AC over 300 make any difference? I'm guessing it might cap out at 255...
>>
>>167033353
But I want to be honorabrubru and never run away from battle
>>
>>167131635
>Visions of slaying the Oklob plant fill your mind! You cannot move away from the Oklob plant!
>>
>>167046290
It was about the effect of a miscast ,not about the failure rate you super retard
stupid
>>
>>167130379
mana brand costs a percentage of your max sp for each blow
if you don't have enough sp (or if you don't have sp at all), it does nothing
otherwise it applies an unresistable damage multiplier that actually STACKS with other brands. specifically, it multiplies the existing brand multiplier by 1.5 and then adds another 1.5x the dice's base damage

so if you combine mana brand with *slay* drac, your damage dice will be doing 9x normal damage to dragons instead of 5x
with slay evil you will do 4.5x damage instead of 2x

sharpness has a 1/6 chance on each attack to trigger "your weapon CUTS DEEP into the foo!", applying a (again, unresistable and stacking with other brands) multiplier to the damage dice.
this starts off at x2, has a 1/4 chance to increase to x3, a further 1/4 chance to x4, etc etc, with no limit
end result is about x1.22 damage on average

*sharpness* has a 1/2 chance to increase the multiplier and triggers on 1/3 of attacks. it averages x1.66 damage
>>
>>167132247
So with *sharpness* a third of your hits will do at least double damage? That's awesome, I need to find me one of those...
Thanks for the info on mana brand, I guessed it might be something like that but couldn't confirm.
>>
>>167132718
the magical ultimate weapon would be some big-dice thing with *sharp*, manabrand, vamp, and *slay* evil
if you're feeling fancy you can throw *slay* drac and *slay* undead on the wishlist too
>>
>>167130379
Sharpness is extra damage that stacks with other brands. It's theoretically unlimited but averages to 1.2x or something (number probably incorrect).

Mana is also extra multiplier that stacks with everything else, and costs some sp whenever you hit with it. If your class doesn't have sp, it does nothing.

>>167130956
You can definitely have ac higher than 255 (there's a monster with 10000), though whether it's like speed and eventually has no benefit to more, I don't know.
>>
>>167132926
Also, how much does the metal babble's +80 speed translate to after energy scaling?
>>
Why are there Panlords that are so absolutely impossible to kill in melee unless maybe by using transmutation bullshit and eats your mana at the same time?
>>
>>167073812
post better tiles pls
>>
>>167077357
0.16 is the version I started playing with so it's the best version
Fgt me!
>>
>>167132926
>There's a monster with 10000AC
You sure about that? Sure you don't mean HP?
>>
>>167133837
metal babble
it has about 2d3 hitpoints, but 2000 AC and is immune to all magic
>>
>>167094835
>cartoony
>trash
Wow ,now that's just extremely spicy.
>>
>>167133576
>Faggot me!
l-lewd.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nbvpcwK6GQ1rh3n9d.png (101KB, 210x195px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nbvpcwK6GQ1rh3n9d.png
101KB, 210x195px
>>167109330
>not being an utter degenerate
>>
>>167119590
>Dark Souls is a game designed around learning through failure/death
No,it's a generic action game.It's not hard or punishing in any way.
>>
>>167134124
Shit,I meant fuck me!
>>
>>167134654
the deaths aren't terrible punishing (you just go back to the last checkpoint and drop all your money on the ground), but it is hard and you can learn through dying
>>
>>167134809
>it is hard
No
>you can learn through dying
No, you don't, there's nothing to learn because the game have simple mechanics that are obvious from the start. You just realised that you were going full retard and start taking it easy.
>>
>>167135752
i mean it's not like learning "oh, i should roll backwards instead of forwards to dodge that combo from the boss" is much different from or more significant than learning "i should walk away from hydras instead of holding down my tab button literally all the time"

darksouls isn't impossibly difficult or anything but it's harder than the average game
>>
>it's a DaSbabbie thinks /rlg/ is /v/ episode
I hate reruns.
>>
>>167136025
>i mean it's not like learning "oh, i should roll backwards instead of forwards to dodge that combo from the boss" is much different from or more significant than learning "i should walk away from hydras instead of holding down my tab button literally all the time"
The fact that there're people ,who still imagine that tactics in boss fights,in game where grindan is an acceptable choice,matters, really shows how retarded vidya consumer base became.
>darksouls isn't impossibly difficult or anything but it's harder than the average game
No,it's not. It's average. It's easier than an average movie based game published in mid 2000-s.
>>
Is the plot hook in that autistist reveals his true power level by screaming about "reeeeeeeee staying on topic-jutsu" technique?
>>
>>167137235
--->>167136517
>>
Killing ancient dragons in the hot sun

I fought the Gwaihir and Gwaihir won

I needed money 'cause I had none

I killed my char and it feels so bad

Guessing my run's finally done

She's the best char that I ever had

Fisting these birds is just too fun

I lost my char but not my fun

>>
>worship Vahumet GOD OF DESTRUCTION MAGIC
>spill blood of trillion innocents for my lord to get piety at **
>it gives me some meme book of hexes with no damaging spells
>oh and it offers me to learn sandblast
>>
>>167137785
get piety to *****
vehumet is always shitty
not shitty in an underpowered way, just shitty as in "really fucking boring god, more boring than okawaru, holyshit how is that possible"
>>
>>167134315
>the deep elf anal annihilator gestures wildly with his hips!
>a crystal spear hits the deep elf maiden (male)!
>the deep elf maiden (male) screams with pleasure!
>>
>clear lair
>Clear orc
>Clear snek
>Stricken with overwhelming boredom

Thought I'd be stoked getting this far
>>
>>167137979

You're boring!
>>
Why is Crawl so popular again?

Either die to random shafts, uniques and other rng before Lair or win the game.
>>
so how viable will be a build of human fighter/necromancer with focus on fighting in melee with heavy armor and shield and using only necromancy school spells?
is it even possible to make such hybrid?
>>
It is my suspicion that we are being presented with a roguelike player stricken blind with ennui.
Mr roguelike player who hates roguelikes, why don't you just leave if you don't like the games we're discussing here
It seems the most logical solution
This is a roguelike thread for roguelike discussion after all
Everyone here plays roguelikes and gives feedback to other people playing roguelikes
But not you
So why don't you just go away and leave us people playing and having fun
I'm sure there's tons of other threads you would enjoy more in which you could actually stay on topic
Or you could simply drink yourself to a drunken stupor away from here
They tell me /r9k/ I the bees' knees for people who hate their lives and have no hobbies
>>
>>167139282
tru
>>
DCSS isn't a roguelike so we shouldn't be talking about it retart
>>
>>167139706
>necromancer doing melee
well duh
were you planning to kill everything with corpse rot and bolt of draining?
>>
>>167017779

>FUN&GAMES

What the fuck does that have anything to do with the FBI? Made me cringe holy shit
>>
File: 1485115793637.jpg (57KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485115793637.jpg
57KB, 600x800px
>>167140941
>"""games""" that aren't roguelikes
>"""""fun"""""
haha, you got me
top meme
>>
>>167139706

Polearms over zombies tedium with Kiku. Necromancers are bad and boring and only good for Deep Dwarves with Vampiric Draining being the no brainer must have spell.
>>
>>167138251
That's not very degenerate.
I want a refund, this isn't worth my Sodollars.
>>
>>167140802
Random generation, permadeath, it's a roguelike kys
>>
>>167142878
it has tiles and a mouse interface
plus felids
and it doesn't have a real hunger clock like Rogue does, just sort of a fake one that doesn't do anything
same for ID minigame
>>
File: zombie hulk.png (109KB, 1296x1614px) Image search: [Google]
zombie hulk.png
109KB, 1296x1614px
>surround myself with 8 hulks
>kill them easily, even without any firearm

I'm pretty sure nothing can kill me now
>>
>>167143234
>Gae Bolg
Which meme mod is that?
Does it buff your dodge to stupid values?
>>
>>167143006
>It has to have shitty pretentious ASCII !!!
I want this meme to finally end
>>
>>167143648
>Which meme mod is that?
It's just regular naginata, I use my hunting knife to inscribe it with "Gae Bolg".

>Does it buff your dodge to stupid values?
Nope
>>
>>167143846
Oh

Does anything else buff your dodge to stupid values?
>>
>>167143897
I have 8 Dodging and Uncanny Dodge.
>>
File: ahnyeoj74zaliccp4rw.gif (900KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
ahnyeoj74zaliccp4rw.gif
900KB, 245x245px
>Enemies that cause confusion
>In the slime caves
Why
>>
>>167144983
>not having sufficient MR by the time you tackle Slime

literally what are you doing
>>
File: srsly.png (44KB, 804x442px) Image search: [Google]
srsly.png
44KB, 804x442px
>>167145257
nigga...
>>
Found on /r/dcss. A look at winrates across different species in Crawl:

http://colinmorris.github.io/blog/dcss_species

(Doesn't take into account some major differences between versions, and by necessity, only focuses on online play.)

Surprised to see Ghouls having such a high (adjusted) winning rate: at every milestone after Temple, they're the most likely to win!

Nagas also seem to get more powerful in the game until Zot itself. I guess their slow movement finally takes its toll with draconian gangbangs and Orbs of Fire.
>>
>>167145965
>Snakes moving slowly
I never understood this
>>
>>167145840
>3 Golden eyes in your LOS at the start
>3 more enter

am I reading that right? That must've sucked.

Did they do that the very first turn you walked downstairs, before you could do anything?
>>
>>167145965
ghoul is for whatever reason the least popular race
their high winrate comes not so much from their strength but from fewer newbie otabbers picking them and splatting to speed10 monsters
halfling benefits from the same effect i think
>>
>>167146273
About seven of them around me the second I went downstairs.
Which is horseshit because my battleaxe melts them and they can't damage me for shit.
I just wandered into the acid like a retard until it melted me.
>>
File: muck.png (18KB, 642x386px) Image search: [Google]
muck.png
18KB, 642x386px
So it goes.
>>167145965
If you want a spoiler, the Gh thing is probably because of me.
>>
>>167143006

Felids is one of the only two species in Crawl that makes it fun and proper with all the bloat that it can't use implementing a pseudo removal. It should be the role model of future species to make it an objective to remove the usage of armors because they're one of the greatest (if they still aren't) no-brainers not only in Crawl. They are a plague in roguelikes.
>>
>>167147813
So, you want:
>Few ways to improve your survivality, besides player skill
>Respawns

Roguelite general is that way

Shitposting aside, smite, Torment and LCS disagree, armor is only a no-brainer on the early and mid game
>>
>>167144983
So the enemies that malmutate you get more time to do so
>>
>>167148489

Roguelites are full of armors. Have you seen CDDA yet?
>>
>>167148987
Don't even start this meme
Literally nothing good can come of it
>>
>>167145965
>Surprised to see Ghouls having such a high (adjusted) winning rate: at every milestone after Temple, they're the most likely to win!

Ghouls are stronk as fug, and carrying around stacks of meat means you can gofast.
>>
>>167145965
>#justiceforblackdraconians
Snigger'd
>>
File: 1481336594690.png (179KB, 462x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481336594690.png
179KB, 462x450px
>>167145965

>no one in this thread can streak 10 Octopodes to the Lair entrance

can't make this shit up ahahahaha
>>
>>167152857
That tanned loli looks kidnda like a squid
>>
File: Can't see shit capt'n.png (150KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Can't see shit capt'n.png
150KB, 2000x1500px
How do these things work, again?
They don't seem to be displaying anything at all.
>>
so what is wanderer exactly?
it just gives you a random stat character? is there any extra points for doing this? can I boast around if I do a 15 rune wanderer run?
>>
>>167153159
In your options, =, go to W
>>
>>167153739
Ooooooh.
Thanks.
>>
Why does Crawl need to have 6 types of Bolt spells? This is a clear case of redundancy.
>>
File: A *New Life* experience.png (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
A *New Life* experience.png
152KB, 1920x1080px
This is something else.
>>
File: Getting fast now.png (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Getting fast now.png
167KB, 1920x1080px
New stone of lore speed record!
Beating Gwaihir in the face to get 5 levels and somehow not dying in the process actually helped a ton.
>>
>>167137128
Not the same anon, but you're only half-right. The difficulty of Dark Souls is massively overrated, it's not that hard, BUT compared to most games that had been on the market in the 10-15 years prior to its release, it was refreshingly difficult. The reason people clamoured for it so hard (besides the general aesthetic) is because they were sick and tired of games holding their hands, endless hints and bonuses and tutorials and "Wow, you're amazing!". Dark Souls was a game that just let you get on with it, didn't fuck around, and was occasionally brutal in its treatment of the player.

In essence, Dark Souls was a great game not so much in its own right, but because of the environment into which it was released. The same is true of the DOOM reboot, where everyone has praised it for basically being a game that people have wanted for a very long time but devs have been too dense to supply. Brutal Doom is still far better than the Doom reboot, don't believe the "but it's just a gore mod!" whiners[/spoilers]
>>
>>167139282
because PCB is too hard for scrubs
>>
Anyone knows about a roguelike game where you command an expedition to the americas? Exploring shit, buying suplies and dying at sea etc.. It as freely available at the devs site but I don't recall it's name or the devs name. It was indevelopment and looked like Unreal World.
>>
>>167156148
>Oh look it's this guy again
NOBODY CARES
>>
>>167158083
You cared enough to respond, nagger.
Stop responding.
>>
>>167158172
>Stop responding
>Let me just keep posting this bullshit no-one cares about, I don't want any replies, I'm just doing it because.......?
>>
File: 1453949243856.jpg (62KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453949243856.jpg
62KB, 400x400px
>>167158678
I'm not actually him/her/xom, I'm just advising you on proper nagger behaviour.
>>
>>167153279
a 15 rune win isn't really boast-worthy at all, even if it's a wanderer since your background only really matters until temple, and if you're something like a minotaur wanderer then you're basically playing the same shit as every other minotaur run except you have a more gimped start.
>>
>>167153279
You get random stats, random skills, and an assortment of items loosely tailored to those skills.

It's actually a pretty powerful start if you're not streaking, as it can emulate pretty much any other background and give you some nice kit. It's also fairly trivial to just press < and restart if you roll stuff unsuited for your species.
>>
>>167156148
I actually enjoy these pics anon, even if I don't play much normal PCB, let alone nightmare mode. conduct runs are fun.
>>
>>167162248
You're fooling no-one Prickness
>>
File: PCBBOOOONGGGG.jpg (629KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PCBBOOOONGGGG.jpg
629KB, 1920x1200px
>>167158678
>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGGGGG!!!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGGGGG!!!
>>
File: shield of the.png (260KB, 970x183px) Image search: [Google]
shield of the.png
260KB, 970x183px
>>167163524
It activates to destroy your potions? That's amazing.
>>
>>167163524
SHROAAAANGG
>>
>>167163524
>bonging your potions
>>
>>167165154
YAOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
Damn. After so many times seeing ogre mages in Vaults/Depths and having no trouble with them, I didn't realize how goddamn dangerous they could be in Orc. Two had Crystal Spear and fucked me up...
>>
>>167164306
>>167165461
It activates for a massive sound ball centered on you, it fills the room but I couldn't really capture that. I just like the fact that the artifact is named "Gong", it's literally just a giant magical gong that you can bash really loud :oD
>>
>get shafted from D:3 to D:6
>find way back to D:4
>see Temple
>it's surrounded by oklob saplings

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>167137128
>>167135752
>Its not hard lel git gud
Wow I sure am impressed with what a good gamer you are! Boy I bet everyone thinks you're really cool!

Seriously though, regardless of your personal opinion, the fact is the genre was created with the intention of dicking you over. Demon's Souls is the most obvious of them in this. The entire point was to learn through failure, that was the whole point and intent. No boss or area was intended to be beaten the first time, it's a battle of attrition. The whole story of the hollowed undead, everyone trapped in a place where they die a thousand deaths and can never find piece, and it being your blessing and curse that you're an infinite army of one so long as you hold onto your last shreds of Humanity and don't go insane.

Good for you I guess that you missed the entire importance of that, since you're so amazing at video games and all.
>>
why no one want to play dungeon sprint in dcss?
>>
>Find a shillelagh next to a bunch of spellbooks
>Wow a knobbled stick
>8 dmg compared to my evening star's 15 yeah no thanks
>Assume it's a wiz weapon and don't bother equipping it
>Later on get bored and decide to whack some orcs with it
>+8 Shillelagh "The Devastator" -S-H-A-T-T-E-R-
>Dafuq?
>Smack an orc with it
>It casts Shatter and nukes everything around me
>Casts it every time I swing it

SWEET
BABY
JESUS
>>
File: you fail you read the scroll.png (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
you fail you read the scroll.png
161KB, 1920x1080px
Friendly reminder not to go around the mountains at night.
>>
>>167163524
>club penguin
Classic.
>>
>>167162248
Thanks!
>>
>>167151348
gofast has nothing to do with winrate though

ghouls are just weaker trolls, except with torment immunity which doesn't really matter until very late

they only have a higher winrate because trolls are an "ez" race that's suggested to new players and ghouls aren't
>>
>>167170951
Poison immunity, rN+++, and mutation immunity are nothing to sneeze at, either.
>>
>>167171264
yeah
but they're not massively important either
rN barely matters at all in a 3rune

ghoul IS a weaker species than troll
it's just also less popular among newbadplayers
>>
File: DCSS187.png (123KB, 1365x610px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS187.png
123KB, 1365x610px
As a Deep elf summoner, would it be a bad idea to branch into conjurations this early? or is it just a waste of exp?

Really basic ass question, but then again I've only really bothered to play heavy-melee/chei statue formers for pretty much all of my wins.
>>
File: Chinese replica.png (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese replica.png
178KB, 1920x1080px
Floatrand you silly goose
>>
>>167170664
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/02/01/club-penguin-squawks-its-last
>>
>>167169710
Isn't it a reference to Dungeon Crawl's fixedart, the +15 Shield of the Gong?
>GOOOOOONG
>>167170560
Devastator is hilarious, yes. There is no such thing as a "wizard weapon" btw, spellcasters hit things with sharp objects the same as everybody else.
>>
>>167173020
>There is no such thing as a "wizard weapon"

>This weapon gives -4 strength; -2 dexterity; +6 intelligence
???
>>
>>167171767
You should pick up long swords and conjurations, yes
Get dodging too. Find an EDA or an MDA or a WDA and get some armor. Branch the motherfuck out.
>>
At what point does a monk bow to the puritan overlords and put on pants again? Other armour pieces are relatively easy to find enough +s or resists to be worthwhile, but the body slot is such a huge chunk of AC that it's hard to justify.
>>
>>167173175
>ruining your defenses for a measly 6 int
How will you ever cast with those pathetic noodle limbs? You might have had a point if it had Wiz and +6 MP
>>
>>167172416
Max invo Quazlal.
>>
>>167173347
when you need resists and you find a nice elvenkind armor?
>>
>>167173347
>At what point does a monk bow to the puritan overlords and put on pants again?
Power dragon armor, robe of eternity, robe of permanence etc.
anything *Of Elvenkind with at least +15 is worth it.
>>
File: h for hred dragon.png (63KB, 1132x726px) Image search: [Google]
h for hred dragon.png
63KB, 1132x726px
My favorite kind of sight. Didn't get much more than a potion of dex, though.

>>167173347
Ideally probably never. In practice, whenever you need to put some resists in your body slot to not die.
>>
>>167173550
>ruining your defenses
?????????
>>
File: 1402884012392.png (21KB, 176x232px) Image search: [Google]
1402884012392.png
21KB, 176x232px
>all my game's armory shops cap at 10 K for selling
>even zul
>>
>>167173020
Perhaps, or maybe it's the other way around, or maybe they both had the same idea.... I don't do Crawl cos it's for babbies.
>>
Apparently cyber demon arch-lich statues are "fearful" and not the usual "cheerful".
That's cute
>>
File: Let's not die.png (212KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Let's not die.png
212KB, 1920x1080px
First time clearing a vault
Hope I don't die
Don't die too /rlg/

Also I just realized just how stupidly dangerous breathers of non-standard elements are in nightmare since they do twice the damage considering they have twice the HP
that gold dragon alone can kill me from out of LOS
>>
Anyone here play Caves of Qud?
>>
>>167180819
Yes
>>
>>167180819
yeah
>>
>>167143712
>>167149573
>everything I disagree with is a meme
>everything I agree with is factually true
>>
>>167139706
If you want to do this, you'll likely cap at around death channel, you won't be able to access the higher-tier necro spells reliably in a 3-rune game if you wear heavy armour.

Which is completely fine, since death channel is incredibly strong. Corpse rot will be your staple along with Kiku corpse drop + animate dead for a long ass time though.
>>
How do I stop breaking things when I try and add recipes to CataDDA?
I just want to autism harder.
>>
File: SpEn_Slime_Death.jpg (120KB, 1363x617px) Image search: [Google]
SpEn_Slime_Death.jpg
120KB, 1363x617px
Had a ring of stealth on when I entered Slime, had maxed stealth skill and 35 DEX, thought I could just zip through the jellies and stab TRJ and get the loot and walk out, instead I took a downhatch and landed in a really bad place
>>
>>167184095
>just stab TRJ and walk out
ahahaha
>>
>>167152857
I'm half surprised some attention whore hasn't attempted this yet
>>
>>167157984
oregon trail
>>
>>167184524
yeah, I'm quick and high EV, I could just random blink out of the center of jellies, take an upstairs, then come down another stairs, and the mob should be dispersed by then, and I could just go take what loot I wanted

that was the plan anyways
>>
>furthest I've ever gotten
>fists are getting big enough to punch ancient multi-hued and lisks
>3 pips in AcElFiCoPo (and one in nether for the lisks)
>All stats sustained
>great stats thanks to several stat-sticks
>telepathy
>+6 speed, an empty ring slot for a speedrink
>staves of curing, speed, tele, cure wounds, wand of teleother and rods of recall & clarity
>>
>>167185573
>wands on a mumo
haram as fuck
allah is rolling in xir grave
>>
>>167185503
reeee
>>
What skills should I train as a demonspawn abyssal knight?
>>
>>
>>167185914
hexes and poison magic
>>
>>167185914
Invocations and weapon of choice
>>
>>167186063
nice wizmode, nerd
>>
>>167186317
no wizmode, just several ziggurats
>>
File: FREE books.png (279KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
FREE books.png
279KB, 1920x1040px
Could it be a good idea to go Sif Muna to get Statue Form and then switching?
Or is the book acquirement from Sif completely random?
>>
>>167183950
By copying existing mods
By learning how to unbreak faster
Also, you can run it without the menu by doing:
./cataclysm --world "World name"
>>
>>167186830
can you worship Sif if you don't have any spells memorized? The book gifts are completely random
>>
>>167186859
I pretty much copy/pasted an existing recipe, replacing and changing parts as needed. As far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with them. And the recipes are the only thing that's gone wrong with this.
>>
File: UNLIMITED POWER.png (158KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UNLIMITED POWER.png
158KB, 1920x1080px
Oh my god are you seriously tellng me that the guardians regenerate after they die if you simply go upstairs
THIS IS SO MORE EFFICIENT THAN GRINDING ANCIENT DRAGONS

Thanks Chris!
>>
Oh nope nevermind
It only worked four times
>>
>>167186830
>op
you need a god who will actually keep you alive in the early game
>>
>People say Crawl is easy
>Go into lair
>Get swarmed by 500 different enemies and die in 2 turns
>>
>>167187125
They shouldn't regenerate at all if they die, unless that's a nightmare thing. However it's buggy that if your pets kill it, it does respawn so I wouldn't be surprised if retaliation or something has the same bug.
>>
>>167187548
It's easy to get the hang of it, not easy to win flawlessly.
>>
>>167187732
>if your pets kill it, it does respawn so I wouldn't be surprised if retaliation or something has the same bug.
Yeah, that's probably what happened.
>>
>>167187548
Remember that hundreds of people in the small players base of DCSS can routinely streak 15 rune wins.

The hard part is to realize that YOU could have prevented the death by choosing different actions than you did. After you are humbled and try to actually learn what went wrong, then it's pretty easy to win
>>
>>167171401
Also, Ghouls have:
* Healing via chunks
* Can eat literally every corpse (mutagenic and poisonous ones)

Early game, which is filled with inedible kobolds, becomes a lot easier when you can both eat those corpses *and* heal from them. Lair+SBranches are generally a breeze, particularly the poison branches. By the time you reach Vaults, if you've been reasonably training UC, you should be slamdunking everything in sight (and eating anything/everything you want).

Ghouls might be weaker Trolls, but they have massive defensive buffs to them, too.
>>
>>167187281
Best god for that purpose?
>>
>>167188273
>* Healing via chunks
this just helps them rest faster, it isn't really useful mid-fight
so it serves the same purpose as troll regen
>* Can eat literally every corpse (mutagenic and poisonous ones)
food Literally Does Not Matter

actually food maybe Literally Does Matter for trolls and ghouls who do extended endgame, as they have fast metabolisms and demons don't drop lots of corpses
so aside from spriggans or gozagites theyre the only characters that might actually have food problems
>>
>>167188318
For octopode, you'll probably want Hepliaklqana, at ** piety you can choose your ancestor type.

They're all fairly good, but I prefer battlemage.
>>
>>167188519
>isn't really useful mid-fight

It's probably midway between the effectiveness of a potion of curing and a potion of heal wounds, which can be great in a pinch.
>>
File: Do I dare try it on the GWoP.png (293KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Do I dare try it on the GWoP.png
293KB, 1920x1080px
Wands of Annihilation work wonders in these vaults.
Finally the unrands are starting to flow in! Got the boots of aragorn and some other junk.
>>
wait why do gr(e|a)y draconians have such a high win rate?
I was under the impression that everyone ctrl+q'ed if they got that color
>>
>>167188686
i guess it became stronger when chunk eating was reduced to 1 turn, huh

the healing is low enough that it isn't really worth a turn except in the early game, where a.) you shouldn't be dying at all anyways, and b.) it's still no stronger than troll who can just hold otab for the first 8 levels

>>167189245
+5ac is more valuable than a meme breath that you mostly won't even bother using
>>
>>167189131
Anni whiffs a lot of GWOP.
>>
>>167189592
Didn't work on a great wyrm of many colours so I'll just leave them alone next time.
Also I have finally enough money to repeatedly outbuy an armory shopkeeper to make him reroll in morivant!
He rolled a 25 K which I think is the max for nightmare mode. Good enough for me!
>>
>>167189592
Annihilation only has about 300 power or so, yeah? And it's a 1dMonlevel check vs 1dPower

It's decent but the failrate is high enough that you shouldn't bother with it in situations where the monster could resist it and then oneshot you.
>>
PCB:
Can anyone link me what the arena, dungeon guardian and quest rewards are?
>>
>>167190135
https://nikheizen.github.io/pages/rewards.html
>>
Why does the sticky FAQ say that FTL isn't grid-based, when it clearly is?
>>
>>167190319
Thanks anon!
>>
>>167190364
Does it treat everyone as 100% in one square and 0% in all other squares? Because if it has "transition states", that's not grid based.
>>
oh hey cool werewindle
if only I could use it
>>
File: sad frog.jpg (374KB, 911x1536px) Image search: [Google]
sad frog.jpg
374KB, 911x1536px
>>167191074
>tfw you can't just stick a statstick in your ranged slot as a "thrown weapon", elona-style
>>
Is Rogue a roguelike?
>>
>>167191019
If it's based on a grid, then surely it is grid-based. I understand what you're saying, you're just wrong.
>>
>>167191557
Oh so you are here to pretend to be retarded.
2 replies - that's not a good score.
>>
>>167191147
Or stick it in your butt as an "unwinding device", CDDA-style.
>>
>>167191616
>Is it based on a grid
Yes
>Is it grid-based
No
>I'm the retard
>>
>>167190319
Note: tiamat now drops multi-hued DSM.

You know, in case anyone ever wanted that when they're capable of killing her.
>>
>>167192154
>tiamat now drops multi-hued DSM.
Oh man, FREE AcElFiCo?
Sign me in!
>>
File: DCSS188.png (327KB, 1353x608px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS188.png
327KB, 1353x608px
Sometimes it's nice to take a break from o-tab melee and play DCSS: Pokemon edition.
>>
>>167191195
Yes.

Going by the Berlin Interpretation, it satisfies all high value factors (especially complexity and non-modality) and all low value factors.

Rogue kind of sucks as a game, though.
>>
>>167192425
My nigga.
It gets super fun once you summon DEMONS and go full persona-tier, especially when they break free.
>>
PCB:
Does Anti-Magic on an artifact have any benefit at all if you're a melee class?
>>
>>167194091
it protects you against magic

specifically it's something like +99 to your saving throw, so you will have an extremely high chance to resist vs things like hand of doom, amberite blood curse, cause mortal wounds, brain smash, etc
>>
>>167194091
For the most part it's only useful if you're a melee class, since otherwise it would block your spells too.
>>
>>167194269
>>167194857
I figured there was a downside if you're not melee, but is there any other downside I should know about? Increased fail rate of magical devices perhaps?
>>
>>167195161
none whatsoever
it just stops you from casting spells or using magical class powers
>>
Gib fun pcb combo
>>
>>167173020
>Devastator is hilarious, yes.
It really is I'm cheesing the fuck out.
Is this thing viable forever? I've been holding onto my Shining One Weapon Blessing until I find a demon mace (I found a demon trident and a demon blade but hoping for a mace)
But would it be better to use it on this knobbled stick of exploding whoopass?
>>
>>167195284
Play centipede to roleplay as a character obsessed with shoes.
>>
File: tomb2.png (178KB, 1592x992px) Image search: [Google]
tomb2.png
178KB, 1592x992px
This is starting to get tough...what do? Should I leave untill I get stronger? I finally started to almost die in fights.
>>
>>167195635
Senpai, what are you even doing in Tomb at XL 21, Even when I do it for my 4th rune, I'm still like level 25/6/7

If you want to completely trivialise it, ctrl+f your game for the silence spell, get like 10+ hexes/air magic and enjoy your free rune and loot.
>>
>>167195635
>XL 21
>Okawaru
>doing Tombs

what the fuck, m8

Tombs is hard even for an XL27 character with TSO.
>>
>>167195635
Madman.
I wouldn't even dare enter tomb without silence and RN+++
>>
>>167195884
>>167195868
>>167195826
so finish vaults? or shoals or dungeon? I peaced out pretty quick tomb 1 kicked my ass
>>
>>167196305
vaults to 4, then go finish dungeon + shoals + depths, then vaults5

then you have 3 runes and can zot
>>
>>167196305
Dungeon is the easiest so do that first, then shoals.

Then vaults to 4, all of depths, then vaults:5. I would train for silence as I do depths and vaults:5 since the tomb:3 loot is juicy and super easy to get since silence basically neuters the entire branch.

Optimal order for a run is always:
Dungeon to 10/11/12
Lair
Orc
Dungeon to 15
Both Lair branches
vaults 1-4
depths
3rd rune(Vaults,Abyss or Slime)
zot
>>
>>167196573
alright I already got the snek rune before i did orc. I guess i'm doing this in a weird order....I'll finish dungeon
>>
>>167177587
Some things tend to have that. There's special case for Bull Gates, which is 'disgusting', IIRC.
>>
>>167195826
>>167196573
Is it still worth it to train hexes while I have heavy armor? Wont it make casting impossible? Sorry I haven't really played this game alot
>>
>Finishing dungeon before going back for spiders
>The Depths huh? No harm in poking my head in
>Hop down
>Loads of shit RIGHT FUCKING THERE
>Nope.bat
>Frost giant follows me up the stairs
>Kills me in one hit

I've decided to start savescumming and there's nothing any of you can do to stop me.
>>
>>167196976
Casting will just be slightly harder than if you wear robes but it won't require a ton of exp, I had a reliable silence at 14/8/7, spellcasting/air/hexes but that is with 26 intelligence, so for you with 10 int, it might take a few more levels but it's not going to be anything too drastic.

10+ in spellcasting/air/hexes should make it castable.
>>
>>167197094
>peeking into Depths before even getting a rune

anon...

I guess you *did* get an unlucky entrance. Nonetheless, rather than getting eternally buttblasted, take this as a lesson not to go into Depths before you're ready.
>>
>>167197390
Oh EXCUUUUSE ME PRINCESS
There wasn't a fucking sign saying "ICY RAPE AHEAD! YOU MAY ONLY ENTER IF YOURE THIS TALL!"
It was just a fucking door. If you have to use a walkthrough for a quality experience it's a shit game.
And I will be as buttblasted as I damned well please. I have a constitutional right to be a dumbass.
>>
>>167197390
I've had to do it before on weaker combos to grind up some exps. Lair branch ends are literal cancer now that they're only 2 floors deep
>>
>>167197094
What combo was it? Something really diesel like minotaur can literally do dungeon -> depths,with no other branches, and clear it, if you're careful.
>>
File: 1485969384588.png (69KB, 331x413px) Image search: [Google]
1485969384588.png
69KB, 331x413px
>>167197636
Have you learned from this experience?
>>
>>167197926
Yes I was Minotaur, but regretted it the entire time. 94% of the game was a breeze, melting everything and nothing ever hurting me, but then out of the blue for no reason BAM HOLY SHIT SOMETHING IS RAPING YOU and I'd barely escape with my life. Was never able to tell the difference at a glance what I would steamroll and what would prolapse me.
>>
>>167197636
crawl's branch order is retarded and it does a real shitty job teaching/showing it to new players

the slime pit is similarly hugely OOD and if you enter it when you first find the entrance you will be killed to death

why is it still in lair? tradition or some shit idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>167197987
Yes. I learned that you should back up your saves so that learning experiences and general flukes don't cost you several of hours worth of work.
>>
>>167198163
But then there's no thrill or adrenaline rush when you fuck up
>>
>Get a stack of mutant meat
>Aw yeah time for mutations
>You feel energetic! You feel energetic! That tasted weird. You feel odd for a moment. You feel odd for a moment. That tasted weird. That tasted weird. You feel less energetic. You feel less energetic.
T-thanks
>>
>>167197094
Not even going to. You'll become bored and drop out soon enough.
>>
>>167197636
>>167198163
If you're truly mad, you should consider Wizmoding a winning game.

Wizard Mode is SUPER cheating, but it also doesn't ruin the main game when you play it since you're so overpowered and can literally do anything you want.
>>
>>167197636
You don't have to use a walkthrough, especially not to get to where you were.

In fact, I'd say you had the perfect learning lesson, since you now know how dangerous Depths can be when it doesn't even require a rune to enter.

So, your places to go when you reach that point again should be the Lair branches (maybe not Slime...) and the Vaults, along with any other interesting places you find.
>>
>>167198163
What's the point of a game you can't lose? Literally 99% of all experienced player deaths are 'general flukes', but that is to be expected in a game as RNG as crawl, at least in earlygame anyway.
>>
>>167198163
you don't need to backup saves you can just play in wizmode and give yourself 99 blink scrolls, 99 HW potions, just respond 'N' when the game asks "do you want to die", etc
>>
>>167019395
>mostly poor asians
ftfy
Niggers just got really shit roles though.
>>
>>167198071
>For no reason
>Expecting to tell at a glance what you can kill when new to a game in a genre about dying and learning from it
>>
>>167197926

Being diesel has absolutely nothing to do with doing a Dungeon -> Depths run. It's all luck and skill.
>>
>>167199150
I'm a shit player and I've easily gone to Pan after a dungeon -> depths run, whereas I've spectated a much more experienced and far better player struggle with a demonspawn, even with a vampiric executioner axe. Simply because demonspawns aptitudes are just too bad for it to work.
>>
>>167199356
Forgot to mention, my run was minotaur^chei and his run was demonspawn^ash.
>>
>>167197926
I've done DUHZ once... And got banished on Zot:5 after getting the runes. So won but didn't get the achievement.
>>
>>167199356

It still has absolutely nothing to do with being diesel or not. The most it can influence is your speed on doing it and we all accept that your speed on doing something is irrelevant. You just need some luck and skill to clear every single accessible tile in Depths.
>>
>>167199853
Ah yes, then a felid can do dungeon -> depths if he just tries hard enough and carefuly do it? The whole point of DUPZ/DUHZ is that they can only really be done by diesel combos.

As in, the only viable races are Mi,VS,DE,Tr,DD and HO.

It's not like streaking, where you can feasibly do any race but just need a ton of patience and focus.
>>
>>167200243
A statueform cheifelid is diesel enough.
>>
File: FeTm^Chei 1.png (370KB, 1274x677px) Image search: [Google]
FeTm^Chei 1.png
370KB, 1274x677px
>>167200243

What traumatized you to blindly believe this delusion?
>>
>>167017438
>Cataclysm:DDA
>fursuits
>dildos
>electric diamond chainsaws
w-what have I been playing and how deep is this shit buried
>>
>>167201354
Hm, ok, I stand corrected. That is pretty impressive, how many attempts did it take to get a run that got both statue and chei early on?
>>
>>167201496

I'm not confident in my memory since I did this a long time ago but I most probably already have statueform, dragonform and regen before I even entered Depths. Don't remember if this took a lot of tries. This version has /tele in it so if you're trying to do this on trunk 0.20 then just try getting a weaker /tele which is Passage of Golubria.
>>
>>167202048
>regen
the win doesn't count if you abuse overpowered bloat spells, anon
>>
>>167202048
pog doesn't work when ctele is disabled, aka in zot (and i think on the orbrun as well now?)
>>
>>167189245
Gray is the best color, right up there with purple and yellow
>>
>>167195456
Devastator is an artifact and cannot be modified in any way!
>>
>>167195456

what is a demon mace
>>
>>167202458

>overpowered bloat

this is my favrit maymay desu
>>
File: 11 stealth.png (30KB, 647x217px) Image search: [Google]
11 stealth.png
30KB, 647x217px
My base stealth is so terrible that +13 only gets me up to heroic.

Ninja's dream, though.
>>
bards get a spell/song that gives +99 stealth
i don't think i've seen anyone use it ever though
>>
>tfw I have reinstalled Caves of Qud
>>
File: OK.png (2KB, 137x78px) Image search: [Google]
OK.png
2KB, 137x78px
>>167206894

liked and subscribed
>>
>>167205561
heroic is way better than terrible, but I gather you have a better or more currently-necessary cloak?
>>
>>167207217
that image is Not A Roguelike
go post in /lite/ you deathroadtocanada shill
>>
File: sweet loot.png (233KB, 1597x853px) Image search: [Google]
sweet loot.png
233KB, 1597x853px
Cloning pits never disappoint, it's the best quest ever
>>
>>167208249
>level 32
I always over-prepare and do it at like level 40 and get nothing worth using.
>>
>>167209025
Well Im a berserker so I hit way above my level if I dont miss critical resists
>>
File: ready for zot.png (217KB, 1592x992px) Image search: [Google]
ready for zot.png
217KB, 1592x992px
Am I ready for zot?
>>
>>167209347

Why do you only have 4 kinds of pots anon?
>>
>>167209347
I can't imagine you'd be in much trouble. Make sure you have rF+ at the minimum, maybe rF++. Be prepared to be mutated by Orbs of Fire. You should find any cure mutation potions you've stashed.
>>
>>167209753
because I use them very very very liberally
>>
File: muck.png (23KB, 640x388px) Image search: [Google]
muck.png
23KB, 640x388px
I made an attempt.
>>
>>167211359
>I put nightmares in your night
>>
File: feelsgood.png (16KB, 598x283px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.png
16KB, 598x283px
Remember to let the most lootiful uniques live for awhile to reap later rewards.
>>
especially Nami if you're playing a monsterrace
she is guaranteed to drop a usable-for-your-character item like ?acquirement is
>>
>>167170315
>Wow I sure am impressed with what a good gamer you are! Boy I bet everyone thinks you're really cool!
Vintagedudeshowingamovieaboutthomasgrandfather.png
>Seriously though, regardless of your personal opinion, the fact is the genre was created with the intention of dicking you over. Demon's Souls is the most obvious of them in this. The entire point was to learn through failure, that was the whole point and intent. No boss or area was intended to be beaten the first time, it's a battle of attrition. The whole story of the hollowed undead, everyone trapped in a place where they die a thousand deaths and can never find piece, and it being your blessing and curse that you're an infinite army of one so long as you hold onto your last shreds of Humanity and don't go insane.

It wasn't,more importantly you're someone we call "DaSforce".

Boi,you're trying to find depth somewhere where it never existed. But unfortunately that's symptoms for majority consumers of jap pop-culture.JJaps never try to put any sort of "feeling" in their mainstream genre games.They're just action games ,that you play through in two weekends ,have fun and feel better about yourself.Like Gothic,like Rune used to be.Plot and lore are given just "for check" and majorly based around one idea. Not a "what can change nature of man" but rather "hey,we have orks as protagonists ,let's make an undead the protagonist",capiche?

The reason you're searching for some "idea" in it ,is because basing a game around some idea became popular in western culture in recent years(personally ,I blame survival-horrors).Just like it became a norm to believe that if you died more than three times in a game then that game is considered hard. But it just shows the level of degradation.
>>
>>167170461
I do
>>
>>167192425
>pokemon to describe anything
I'd spit in your face if you were near me.
>>
>>167211359
>+0,+0
this and chunk management are the two things stopping me from playing the older versions (started in 0.17)
>>
File: 2017-02-02.png (3KB, 461x24px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-02.png
3KB, 461x24px
Nice weapon for my DE.
>>
File: dirk me.png (39KB, 117x131px) Image search: [Google]
dirk me.png
39KB, 117x131px
Why is DCSS so popular? why should i play it over tome4? serious question
>>
>>167219193
tome is not randomly generated enough and when you die it doesn't feel like it was your bad choice making that killed you
that's the biggest let down for me
>>
>>167219193
Lots of reasons:

1) Tons of in-game documentation (especially about commands), arranged very nicely. Extra information for almost any command with "?" is nice, too.

2) Great looking game, whether it's tiles or console. Crawl has among the best-looking and most useful tiles of any roguelike.

3) Even in older versions of Crawl, tedium was trimmed down massively compared to the existing major roguelikes.

4) One of the few roguelikes (and one of the few games in general) that clearly states its development philosophy.
>>
File: muck.png (23KB, 642x387px) Image search: [Google]
muck.png
23KB, 642x387px
It's been too long.
>>
>doing the red sonja dungeon sprint
>doing extremely well
>okawaru even gave me a god tier axe
>open the hydra door because it was my first time I got that far
>no blunt weapon or spell to kill the hydra
THE FUN STOPS AT THAT DOOR
>>
File: 1450691149798.png (306KB, 1128x1406px) Image search: [Google]
1450691149798.png
306KB, 1128x1406px
after hitting the 3rd continent in elona i got bored

elona 2 when
>>
>>167201472
Fursuits are wolf suit and I think dinosaur suit. They are supposed to be stadium mascots kind of a thing, but were added with fursuits in mind, by a furry, with a message like "o hai there /rlg/".
There is a vibrator item. That's the dildo.
Diamond chainsaws weren't added. There is a combat chainsaw, though.
>>
>>167193015
i wasn't aware that you could go persona-tier with summoner. i'm trying this shit right fucking now.
>>
File: regeneration.png (4KB, 931x39px) Image search: [Google]
regeneration.png
4KB, 931x39px
>current year
>67 (You)s
>regeneration still not removed

uhhhhh
>>
>low on health trying to find a safe spot to rest
>see grinder
>oh fuck
>zap my wand of polymorph because I know he will kill me and there is no other escape
>turns into a simple adder
>kill him with two hits
this is the first time this meme wand actually did something
>>
File: 2017-02-02 (1).png (14KB, 462x267px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-02 (1).png
14KB, 462x267px
>>167229813
>I know he will kill me
Pussy!
>>
>>167224396
The fun stops and second hydra.
>>
File: 1483170641536.jpg (66KB, 470x555px) Image search: [Google]
1483170641536.jpg
66KB, 470x555px
>oh look, an electric eel
>shit theres a book next to him, lets get that shit
>ok, we've got zucababas armor and condescending shield on lets try throw frost
>oh look, two more electric eels
>ouch, they can reach far, lets leave
>ouch, shit! FUCK
>"you die..."
didn't even have time to read or quaff. Ok, I get it, don't fuck with them. Christ, i'm sorry.
>>
File: DCSS16.png (230KB, 680x590px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS16.png
230KB, 680x590px
Fun.
>>
>>167234298
why do those graphics look so awful
>>
File: DCSS17.png (238KB, 630x543px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS17.png
238KB, 630x543px
>>167234298
More fun.
>>
File: DCSS18.png (141KB, 1324x927px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS18.png
141KB, 1324x927px
>>167234446
No fun. I think the scroll of immolation was not a good idea after all.
>>
>>167234439
Because it's a roguelike
>>
So, I wanted to try to play on webtiles, but the slowdown is pretty fucking horrible. I tried adding the lines to the .rc file from the pasta, and that helped, but its still pretty awful. how do you guys manage this?
>>
>>167235179
PuTTY
>>
>>167235179
probably you are playing on a server that you have high latency on
try a different one
>>
File: no no no no no no no.png (226KB, 1597x847px) Image search: [Google]
no no no no no no no.png
226KB, 1597x847px
This is extremely tempting. I really dont like permacurse until lategame for covering resists though
>>
>>167222043
I love you spicerack
>>
>>167235179
use PuTTY and play console
>>
>>167235807
>This is extremely tempting.
Trust me, you really REALLY don't want to use that.
>>
Oh cool the last monk posture gives you +10 speed for a slaying malus, which means I do 600 instead of 700 damage/turn
It's not even a question
>>
Also apparently the charmed pendant doesn't apply -easyspell- if you're not a mage
that sucks
maybe it's a nightmare mode thing
>>
>>167234038
Electric damage is highly dangerous throughout the game, since it ignores any AC you have.

To deal with electric eels, you might want to do what >>167229813 did and try to polymorph them. Otherwise, avoid until you have rElec: eels rarely guard anything important.
>>
>>167234550
>using immolation scrolls without rF++

It's listed as a dangerous item for a reason, Anon!
>>
Is playing as summoner worth anything in dcss?
>>
>>167240804

It's basically Poison Magic if it isn't bad.
>>
>>167226195

I really hope Noa has learned a ton from the current based devs of Elona+.
>>
>>167235807
anon have you ever played with nightmare mode option?
still a good ammy for the J
>>
>>167240804
Pretty overpowered.
>>
I want a ToME that is not 99% mindless grinding against worthless foes. Does such a game exist?
>>
>>167222043
I hope it increases stealth, reduces your light, and causes wraiths to appear on the level
>>
File: meme.jpg (48KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
48KB, 700x525px
>>167242176
>good ammy for the J
>fighting a 60 K serpent of chaos
>>
File: 27 ways to die.png (858KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
27 ways to die.png
858KB, 1920x1040px
How much AC to melee Lerny?
Or is it killable with lots of Acid wand bolts?
>>
>>167246842
>melee Lerny
>Op
You're not serious.
>>
>>167246842
Rest in pepperonis
>>
>>167246842
25 at the minimum. Having a ranged option and/or draining weapon makes it a bit more manageable. But you might be best off just ">evoking feet" and leading it away from the rune and then teleporting to get away.
>>
>>167246842
>plays creepy swamp music
>gets lerny
you got what you asked for
>>
File: You are the best shield.png (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
You are the best shield.png
248KB, 1920x1080px
Nice *acquirement*.
>>
is there any other good tile based roguelike beside DCSS and tome?
I'm a casual and I cant get into ASCII no matter how hard I try
>>
File: I'm crying.png (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I'm crying.png
226KB, 1920x1080px
>*The* boots of Feanor

I've never seen these bad boys before.
>>
File: How the hell did I get this far.png (182KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
How the hell did I get this far.png
182KB, 1920x1080px
Aaaaaaaaw shiiiiet
Now we're cooking with hydrogen!

Now I just need to grab the one ring and I'm set.
>>
>>167251296
What font is this? I need this font.

Also, does anyone here play Forays Into Norrendin, The Ground Gives Way or any other fun roguelikes?
>>
>>167252757
Ubuntu mono.
>>
>>167240539
But anon, if you looked at the picture you would notice that I have rF+++.
>>
File: B A S E D.png (515KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
B A S E D.png
515KB, 1920x1040px
I've been fighting the wrong fight till now.
>>
>hashtags for walls
>dots for terrain
Who the on their right mind thinks this shit looks aesthetic in any way?
>>
File: UGLYGAME.png (41KB, 1202x706px) Image search: [Google]
UGLYGAME.png
41KB, 1202x706px
>>167252817
Thank you. I wish DCSS would look even half as good as PCB.
>>
>>167254562
can't we go back to calling it the pound sign
>>
File: CHAMPION OF CHAOS.png (248KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
CHAMPION OF CHAOS.png
248KB, 1920x1040px
...I was going to convert to another god, is Xom secretly into me? This gift is making me feel guilty if i go on with it.
>>
Is Nethack dank? I want to get into it and everyone says it's fun
>>
>>167255380
Yes. Make sure to download Nethack4.
>>
>>167255380
Like most roguelikes, it's fun while you're bumbling around like an idiot and getting into crazy situations, and not so fun once you figure out how it works.
>>
>>167255380
No. They lied.
>>
>>167254753
The meme generation wouldn't understand.
>>
>>167255380
Lots of instadeath and obscure but crucial mechanics like ADoM.
Unlike ADoM, however, it's fun and doesn't feel that it is designed as a fuck you. Soon you learn how to break the game in your favor.

Hell sucks, though.
>>
>>167255084
That's one of the best gifts I've seen.
Xom's really tsundere though, so mind that.
>>
Turns out Xom isn't tsundere, but yandere.
I fucking deserve it though, i married a rich skank instead of reciprocating the wedding Shaolin ring Xom gave me.
>>
>>167257974

Correction: Xom is Thugdere
>>
>>167255084
>actually using the temple as a stash
What the fuck?
I always have free inventory slots when I reach the lair
>>
I'm fairly new to DCSS, just rolled a demonspawn wizard. I found this mace of draining and I have a couple questions.
1: Is it good?
2: Does It hinder spellcasting?
>>
>>167260335
that weapon is okayish, but only really because it's presumably early on and because of the draining brand. It doesn't really matter too much though since it's just going to be a side weapon.

It won't hinder spellcasting, only body armour and shields(with insufficient shield skill) do that.
>>
>>167260335
Draining is a good defensive brand, but it lowers the XP given by enemies when you kill them.

Weapons don't lower casting rates (unless they're Int-lowering artefacts), so you should be fine. As the tutorial states, you can look at your casting rates with "I" before and after wielding/equipping items to see what's affected.
>>
>>167260335
Yes, no.

Poison, Draining and Electrocution are decent brands without weapon skills.

Vorpal (Slashing, Crushing), Flaming and Freezing multiply your damage by a percentage so you want to avoid those.

Almost any weapon is better than no weapon, as long as you don't level unarmed or have claws.
>>
>>167260840
>>167260934
>>167261143
nevermind he ded (But the advice will be useful for future characters)
>>
>it's a Jack of Shadows in the cloning pits episode

NO CHANGE THE CHANNEL
>>
Do rings of rpois stack? Will two rpois rings give me rpoise++ ?

Also, how do you see how much rpois/rC+ you have?
>>
>>167208249
Did you fit the entire quest into a single window?
I'm jelly cos my eyes aren't so great anymore so I had to make the font much bigger, it's not too bad cos it's how I've played for decades but seeing this makes me wish my eyes were still good.
>>
>>167236606
Why not? That thing looks fucking amazing, and it's not like there are better amulets out there worth holding out for. Reflection, telepathy AND time resistance on top of those mad stat boosts? Why the hell not?
>>
>>167262234
press % to see your character screen,
rpois is only 1 + just like rElec and rCorr whereas rC and rF need +++ for full protection, but even + is good enough really, even for orbs of fire.
>>
>>167235807
Does this artifact exist in PCB, or is it only in PCB-R?
desu it looks too broken for standard PCB, seems like the kind of thing you'd only get in easy mode (read:PCB-R)
>>
>>167247380
>>167249586
>>167251296
>Ooh that other guy just posted that tasty looking amulet, think I'll have that, and feanor and wizshield, yeah
Nice wizmode faggot, guess you finally gave up eh?
>>
>>167262846
I think its a pcbR addition
>>
>>167262828
thanks, also I don't have a fire branded weapon yet and i'm at lair, I'm training axes... what do? Should I just grab a mace for the hydras even tho i'm not training maces?
>>
>>167263521
yes, the cross-training from axes with maces is good enough that you can just carry a backup one for hydras.
>>
>>167263521
If you're playing one of the more recent versions then yes, crosstraining will make your mace skill high enough.
>>
>It was a scroll of random uselessness
>>
>>167240804
it's the most tedious thing you'll ever play
>>
File: No sir I don't want the D.png (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
No sir I don't want the D.png
168KB, 1920x1080px
>>167262715
>Why not?
Because it's the serpent of chaos

But with double the HP

No but seriously that's not the worst problem, you have to get to that one first
It's the fact that almost every single breather doubles their damage output. A gold dragon or a crystal drake or a dracolisk double their damage. A keeper of secret can actually hit you for 600 confusion damage just by breathing once.
Don't even let me get started on how Fenguhangs are just the devil.

>>167262108
That killed me anon. I hope it didn't kill you too!

Also, being able to cast stair creation and wall of stone is *so good*.
It's criminal.
>>
>start with crossbow
>clear 3 floors and run out of ammo
>nothing to do but kill myself
>>
>>167245395
Try the higher difficulties or the addon that makes everything bosses.
>>
>>167266637
Just pick up some sideweapon from the floor and kill non-threatening shit with 0 weapon skill and the rest with the crossbow until oka/trog starts giving you ammo gifts, at which you can discard the sideweapon entirely.
>>
Also, I just experimented
A sky drake breathes inertia for 400
Monster recall says they breathe inertia for 200, which means it got doubled.

It's stupidly unfair.
>>
>>167258026
>Abandoning a god on XL 11
>Abandoning Xom, the one god that will fuck with you in unpredictable ways
>Abandoning Xon right after it gifts you a powerful artifact
you deserve it
>>
>>167237845
easyspell and decreasemana are weird, and a lot of classes have weird ways to get them
e.g. bards get easyspell by wielding one of the two artifact harps (but not regular harps...)
burglary rogues get easyspell by wearing gloves with "of the thief" ego
necromancers get those two properties from the hand+eye of vecna
>>
>>167267573
I'll have to codedive, then?
I'll give it a look later on.
This 5% failure rate on herbal healing is really scaring me.
>>
>>167254753
It's pound sign in the US but it's always been called a "hash mark" in Britain, which is the origin of the hashtag's name.
>>
>>167260934
>but it lowers the XP given by enemies when you kill them
shit maybe if you still play versions with +1,+0 weapons and rotting chunks
but it hasn't done that for a long time
>>
>>167262846
it's an addition in pcb-r
it has a downside though:
wearing it forces you into nightmare-mode
>>
File: It breathes explosively.png (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
It breathes explosively.png
200KB, 1920x1080px
>56 unmakers

Hey look, it's alphabet soup!
>>
>>167267660
you playing monk of nature?
I think you just want the stone of nature for easyspell, but IIRC it doesn't affect minfail

if you spam it enough at deep dungeon levels to get it to master level you can reduce the spell's minfail to 3% at least
but i think there's some anti-scumming code so you need to earn a bit of xp each time between castings for the proficiency to go up
so kill monster -> cast healing -> repeat x10000
>>
>>167268778
>but IIRC it doesn't affect minfail
Nightmare mode caps at 5% even at master/maxstats/maxlevel. But if you wear an item with easyspell it brings it down 1% for each one. I wizmoded a Shrewd athena demigod (racial easyspell+personality easyspell) and gave her the yumi and I brought it down to 2%. So they stack.
>>
those poisonous vapours huh
pretty boring
also pretty good at destroying everything in the early game
>>
Let's see if my Hubris does get the best of me.
>>
>>167269450
why no poisonneedle anon
>>
>>167269450
>trying to kill a 10k AC metal babble with kicks
>>
>>167269991
Because why needle if I can FIST
Almost killed her, but she teleported away from my safe place and since she's dumb and can't open doors and there were some level 80 uniques.

>>167270402
Did it in normal mode, will do it in nightmare mode.
And then in arena. You'll see.
>>
File: Sugoi!.png (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sugoi!.png
181KB, 1920x1080px
You were saying
>>
Is there a roguelike like diablo where I run dungeons for loot with randomly generated effects endlessly?
>>
>>167270748
ToME4. There's even an endless mode to survive as many floors as you can.

Not one of my favorite roguelikes, but if you want numbers autism, there's none better.
>>
Is Poschengband fine if i want to roleplay as a dragon and pass all my time hoarding gold and unique items?
>>
I can spare the theatrics here.
So! Now to grab the one ring and then kill J.
>>
>>167272541
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>167272541
you can play as a literal dragon

for maximum giantmoneyhoard you can play as a draconian mage with sorcery as one of your realms so you can cast alchemy and turn every non-artifact item you find into gold
>>
>>167270748
Megazig run in DCSS.
>>
>>167195456
Demon whip you mean
>>
File: narya.png (194KB, 1585x843px) Image search: [Google]
narya.png
194KB, 1585x843px
Ooooh nice
I almost died to Atlas in this vault, had to use 3 !healing
Berserker are really fun until the lategame, playing without detection and escapes is bad for your heart
>>
File: 1455443422910.png (326KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1455443422910.png
326KB, 1366x768px
uh wut is this it just munched my ice beasts help
>>
>>167278972
go into water (unless you didn't kill the eel, you fool)
summon an ice beast
poke the whyvern
???????
prophet
>>
>>167279275
>unless you didn't kill the eel

uh oooooooh
>>
>>167278972
most retarded post i've read all week
>>
>>167280897
pls no bully im new
>>
>when your death priest learns detect unlife at level 1 instead of malediction
Yes. This is exactly what I wanted.
>>
>>167266542
Fortunately I wanded him to hell. Unfortunately absolutely nothing useful dropped in the quest but a few stat pots, and even the quest reward was Flora's crappy boots.
>>
>>167201354
How do you even get this skilled? I've got 10+ wins but they're all high HP chei,trog,oka,makhleb etc. characters that didn't do conduct runs.
>>
File: beoghconfirmedgiftingin0.21.png (3KB, 734x36px) Image search: [Google]
beoghconfirmedgiftingin0.21.png
3KB, 734x36px
like pottery
>>
>>167283248
you mean blacksmithing right?
>>
>>167279275
>go into water to escape a flying creature
you are a bad man
>>
>>167283928
I'm just going to assume you missed the Merfolk in the top right or are meming at me for a (You)
>>
>>167268527
I guess that's kinda fair, but what if you're already in nightmare mode?
>>
>>167270402
My understanding was that the AC was insane but the HP was practically nothing. If that's the case and AC only affects chance to hit, then shouldn't a single successful hit kill it? How did it get kicked and not die?
>>
>>167272541
PCB is great for that kind of roleplay yeah, in fact dragons have possibly the widest range of choices given you can choose what type of dragon you are, and then specialise again on your available magic realm.
>>
>>167284469
no AC reduces damage as well

the metal babble is immune to all magic and takes a max of 1 damage from melee attacks, although hit has 2d3 hp

the poison needle is her weakness, since it always hits regardless of ac (and always does 1 damage, if it doesn't trigger its instant-kill effect)
>>
>>167278972
3x ice beasts in an open area (so they all can attack together) should do the trick.
>>
PCB:
How do I get rid of all these grey xs in 5.0.5, they're driving me nuts.
>>
>>167284838
see >>167040993
>>
>>167284942
Thanks, for anyone else who's wondering you need to turn off the option under (2) Map Screen Options called "Map Marked by Detect Traps". No idea why it spams xs all over the black space but man is it ugly.
While I'm here, I'm having a go at Death Sword, I absorbed a {good} longsword but my hit/dam didn't go up. It says I have essences instead, so how do I go about using those essences? I tried m, U and G but none of those worked, lil help?
>>
>>167282837
Dark isn't skilled, he's just a cheifag statue-form shitter

chei is the easiestmode easymode god there is, statue-form has never been balanced, and your not recognizing either of these things proves you have a lot to learn about cheesing crawl like Dark does
>>
File: ipunchdragons.png (63KB, 783x565px) Image search: [Google]
ipunchdragons.png
63KB, 783x565px
Hahaha, yes! Yes!
^
|
|
sickos
>>
>>167285735
You gain powers automatically when you gain enough of a certain essence (check ~x to see how many you have and need).
>>
>>167286162
Man that's a lot of dragons. What's going on with the rest of the map though? Looks like Vampiric Mists everywhere, but it can't be that...
>>
>>167286394
Is there any benefit from absorbing average weapons? If I destroy a weapon will I automatically absorb it (like a blacksmith)? Is there any point in not automatically absorbing every single weapon I come across? Sorry for so many questions, death-swords aren't well explained...
>>
>>167285853
I've used chei + statue before, I know it's pretty potent, but I don't see how he did d:1 to d:15 as a felid of chei straight up with no other exp required.

I've only ever went to Pan on a DUPZ run as a minotaur, a felid is impressive to me anyway.

Anyway, are there other ways to cheese crawl besides chei-statue? I'm assuming deep elf summoner or something?
>>
>>167286485
Its the open air tiles or something like that
>>
>>167286394
~x just did save and quit?
>>
>>167284340
Nothing IIRC. I have thought about adding very bad curses on nightmare mode ( at generation ).
Or just not generate it at all.

Regardless, I think the drop-chance is bit busted. Might rectify it at some point.

I really haven't touched the code in a while since I got projects n' shit.
>>
>>167286485
Dragon's lair/lonely mountain/volcano have hashtiles like that which can only be traveled over with levitation.
>>
>>167285735
>"Map Marked by Detect Traps"
> No idea why it spams xs
the xs are areas that you haven't detected traps in anon
>>
>>167287217
~ as in the actual tilde key, not control
>Is there any benefit from absorbing average weapons?
in general no, but falcon swords, diamond edges, dragon teeth, maces of disruption, and maybe some other types have bonuses even when {average} which you can absorb
>If I destroy a weapon will I automatically absorb it (like a blacksmith)?
yup
>Is there any point in not automatically absorbing every single weapon I come across?
well technically your essences can be drained by disenchantment, so if you find something really rare like sharpness or an immunity you might save it in the bank until you have rDisench
>>
File: frustrated samurai.jpg (38KB, 257x498px) Image search: [Google]
frustrated samurai.jpg
38KB, 257x498px
>Page 10
>>
>Cleared Lair, Cleared Mines, decide to test the waters of Elf Halls
>Suddenly timed portal on D:1
>Desolation of Salt
>"Shit. I think this is one of the hard ones."
>"Shit. I've never been there before."
>"Shit. I wasn't expecting a portal this early."
>Decide fuck it, cheese it past two angels and dickass drainbolt-spamming elves into the portal
>Player Ghost on other side, kill him
>"Huh. Wonder what killed that guy? He was a Fighter like me, but these saltlings are pushovers and the Wiki says the place is filled with nothing but weak constructs like them. Maybe the mages are really nast-"
>crystal guardian pushes my shit in with a single Crystal Bolt, 80 to 15 in a single round
>Peacekeeper puts the finishing touch on me as I'm limping away back to the portal

God fucking DAMNIT, Badwiki. This wasn't even in your list of monsters, ffs.
>>
>>167278972
You have a cloak of INVIS, you dingus. Use it.

Wyverns are only slightly above popcorn monsters. Try paralyzing or confusing it.
>>
>>167287918
Thanks for all the help anon, though I'm still not sure I'm quite getting it. I hit Clvl 10 and 'evolved' into a death sword (not sure what I was before) so I'm 2d5 now but my hit and dam bonuses have gone down... is that normal? Also are the bonuses I get each level up random? Most were hit bonuses but I also had "you get sharper!" but no sharpness :o\
>>
>>167294281
Below level 10 you start as a "broken death sword" IIRC.

The level bonuses are only to-hit and to-dam, nothing else. "You grow sharper" is just more damage.

When you evolve to a bigger form, the number of essences you need for to-hit, to-dam, increased blows, and slays/brands all increase.
You keep all the essences you already had, but you just require a larger number to get the bonuses.
However other things like resistances or regeneration do not require more essences as you level.
>>
>>167294281
Also I got more essences and nothing changed, even though the menu thing tells me the bonuses have gone up? Also I have Riding now.... wtf is going on?
>>
>>167294942
This is where I'm confused - I've had several level ups say "you grow more accurate!" and my essences tell me I should have a +3 bonus on both hit and dam, yet I'm only a +2,+5 long sword. what gives?
>>
>>167295119
When you level up and grow sharper, it's a +1 on your weapon (shows as a +0, +1 sword), when you absorb to-dam from weapons, it's treated like slaying from gear. So if you check your to dam on the character sheet, it will be (plus on your sword from leveling) + (plus gained from absorbing essences [and strength]).

Or something.
>>
>>167296443

I'm starting to think mine is bugged or something, I'm gaining essences but nothing is changing even when the essence 'reward' goes up. On top of that I picked up an essence of slay animal, the essence list says I only need 1 and that I have it, but it doesn't show on my character sheet, and if I ID myself it says I might have additional powers but need to *identify* to find out what they are, wtf?! btw I have easy_id on so that really shouldn't be a thing
>>
>>167296757
oh yeah that's a bug in vanilla pcb i think
it's fixed in pseudo and probably in -R as well since it took most of pseudo's bugfixes
>>
>>167285853

Everyone isn't skilled, everyone is just a walking away press < press 5 quaff tele shitter

Walking away is the easiestmode easymode feature there is both in Crawl and roguelikes. Walking away has never been balanced that's why devs desperately tries to remove this and your not recognizing either of these things proves you have a lot to learn about cheesing everything in crawl and roguelikes in general like everyone does. At this rate Dark Souls and Final Fantasy would even be better roguelikes because you have no stairs to run away from and you can't escape from relevant fights.
>>
>>167296893
ah bugger, so basically death swords don't work in vanilla pcb? or is it a thing where I have to add them on manually like a blacksmith somehow?
>>
>>167297128
DoomRL avoids this problem by making farming impossible and having unavoidable boss fights after a set number of floors.
>>
>>167297204
the bug is just with identification
your "body" is a weapon with slay orc but the slay orc property is unIDed so you can't see it on your charsheet
>>
>>167297504
Oh.... so why aren't the hit/dam essences adding to my 'body'? Am I missing something really dumb?
Thanks for all the help by the way, feel like I'm being a nuisance but dammit this is pissing me off!
>>
>>167297349
Well, DoomRL has its own foible in runwaiting-or-whatever-it-is-called and other things.
>>
>>167298097

see >>167296443
it works like the bonus from a ring of combat

you can see the damage bonus taken into account if you look at your melee damage info with ~W
>>
>>167298301
AAAAHHHHHHHHHH I get it now! Thanks anon, may the crits be forever in your favour.
>>
how do I evoke feet on my naga evoker?
>>
>>167301389
dat filename
>>
>>167301389
cast spiderform
spiders have more feet than nagas, and as such can move at 1.0 speed
>>
File: cuchulainnblushesprofusely.png (39KB, 780x561px) Image search: [Google]
cuchulainnblushesprofusely.png
39KB, 780x561px
The spear Gay Bulge is good for riding. It also can shoot a "star burst."
>>
>>167302118
RINGLE
>>
>>167302118
It's good for throwing and riding. Can't get more versatile than that.
>>
File: 1465884355610.png (9KB, 567x326px) Image search: [Google]
1465884355610.png
9KB, 567x326px
tfw no ringle gf
>>
Daily reminder you can't call yourself a roguelike player if you haven't ascended as a convict yet
>>
File: 1450410419580.png (163KB, 1080x424px) Image search: [Google]
1450410419580.png
163KB, 1080x424px
>>167307725
>>
>If I stairhop stronghold 1 spamming nature awareness I will eventually find the one ring due to the fact that I'm playing with vaults and it happened by chance another time
>the fact I'm on D:1 will affect his summoning making him summon pushovers and be me the one ring easy-peasy

That is brilliant
I'm brilliant
I'm gonna try this later
>>
>>167309179
still have to tank its manastorms and shit though
>>
I'll take it!
>>
File: sickos.jpg (23KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
sickos.jpg
23KB, 152x254px
>>167290168
You don't fool me anon
That's the gayest samurai I've ever seen
I bet she dyes her hair multiple colours

>>167309219
The one ring is stationary and doesn't tele/blink, right? I've never fought him before.
I can outpace him with +50 speed (speedposture+haste+feanor+5 speed ring) and thus cast forest creation and then retreat before he can do anything, to effectively cut his LOS easily with me as I did with the babble.
Then I must simply cast wall of stone all around us so that there's just the two of us in the two free suqares, effectively trapping him in a 2x1 stone cage for the deathmatch of the year! I do 1300 damage/turn, if I keep quaffing healing I should be able to have a chance.
>>
>>167309937
One Ring breathes disint anon
disintegration breathers will happily blast away any forests or stone walls between them and you
>>
File: device.png (14KB, 645x355px) Image search: [Google]
device.png
14KB, 645x355px
Could have been worse I guess, but I was hoping for broader resists.
>>
I can't believe how dead we've become
>>
File: Mausoleum of unique zombies.png (474KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Mausoleum of unique zombies.png
474KB, 1920x1040px
>tfw you cannot create permanent undeads and cover the world in them
>>
How can pets in Elonapluscustom learn new spells via the custom AI dialogue? I've grinded Heal Light high enough to be able to select it in "Teach a new spell to the pet" dialogue, but now the "currently learning" progress bar is stuck at 0% and never goes up, and the pet ignores the AI rule I set up to make it cast the spell. Help!
>>
>>167312663

You'll have more luck in jaypee
>>
>D:3
>Grinder, Natasha, Sigmund
>each by separate stairs

fucking. seriously
>>
good night, /rlg/

>>167313270
envious of all that freexp
>>
>>167313351
But I just woke up
>>
>tfw trying hard to rebuild arthas after the corruption in DCSS
I wont leave this dungeon until I'm literally arthas no matter how many zigs I have to clear
>>
>>167297128

Yes I think we can agree that Final Fantasy is one of the better roguelikes. In the end it's just a better PCB.
>>
File: nodens.png (190KB, 1585x847px) Image search: [Google]
nodens.png
190KB, 1585x847px
>Nodens
Oh shit. Time to see if this berserker is strong enough to win.
>>
File: nodens down.png (83KB, 1081x658px) Image search: [Google]
nodens down.png
83KB, 1081x658px
>>167315247
Fucking manastorms though
>>
>>167315409
nice

guess he decided not to spam summons?
>>
>>167315567
He just summoned some angels and spammed manastorms, but he went down in like 5 turns so it wasnt that bad, only had to use 2 healing pots
>>
File: device.png (8KB, 644x355px) Image search: [Google]
device.png
8KB, 644x355px
Bit early for you buddy.
>>
Three wins guys! Should I spice it up by playing something more difficult or by going for more runes?
>>
>>167317276

You should play something more difficult. Of course this isn't found anywhere in Crawl so you can try playing other roguelikes.
>>
>>167317746
Sure, feel free to suggest me a game to win . I'm not really into grinding so don't even bother to suggest PCB.
>>
>>167318253
dynahack
>>
>>167318253

Infra Arcana seems good enough
>>
>>167318253

the binding of isaac
>>
>>167318253
brogue, sil, infra arcana, dynahack
>>
will buying caves of qud make me uncool
>>
>>167319764
>paying for roguelikes
>paying for shit
>>
>>167319764
i think youre cool anon <3
>>
>>167319764

you're already uncool so I don't think anything will change
>>
>>167310016
Well, I'll find a way.
Somehow.
>>
File: Captain of the cuties.png (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Captain of the cuties.png
241KB, 1920x1080px
God, finding that piece of shit is goinna take all day.
>>
File: ded.jpg (698KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
698KB, 2048x1536px
>>167312265
Oh ho my friend

Just you wait
>>
>>167312313
actually, you can. You just have to travel back in time to 0.16 or earlier
>>
>>167281703
>it...it's not like malediction is the best level 1 damage spell in the game. This is fine.
>>
>>167266542
>don't use amulet of nightmares vs the serpent because it will double its hp
Serpent's hp is too high already, at the cap I think. Nightmares doesn't change it AFAICT.
>>
File: 8woo.png (7KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
8woo.png
7KB, 800x800px
>>
>>167326002
wan wan
>>
>>167315409
oh sweet
>>
>>167324404

>hachiwoo

what did xir mean by this?
>>
File: device.png (41KB, 647x355px) Image search: [Google]
device.png
41KB, 647x355px
My first drop from athenascumming.

Maybe I should do it more.
>>
>>167325826
Yeah, hp caps at 50, but there are other effects ( ex. monsters are generated aware, seek from further and have energy bonus on generation. That applies to summons )
>>
>>167328421
*30k.
>>
>>167325826
>>167328421
>Serpent of chaos doesn't have its HP doubled because 30 K is the cap
Huh. Are you sure?
Let me just make a quick check with wizmode
>>167327410
>athenascumming
you mean farming ultimate magi? That doesn't seem really safe.
>>
>>167332152
I read through code when I implemented amulet of nightmares. HP is stored in signed 16bit integer, so it would overflow/rollover if it went much higher than 30k.
>>
File: [THE SITUATION HAS CHANGED].png (38KB, 473x136px) Image search: [Google]
[THE SITUATION HAS CHANGED].png
38KB, 473x136px
>>167332674
>>
Pretty Sil tileset when?
>>
File: nenya.png (197KB, 1568x844px) Image search: [Google]
nenya.png
197KB, 1568x844px
>>167315409
Well, I just need Vilya for the complete elven rings set now. I wish I had more fingers cause Im not gonna swap my ring of speed for cold immunity.
>>
File: Inching towards my goal.png (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Inching towards my goal.png
197KB, 1920x1080px
It's still horrible even without the glass walls
>>
File: [incoherent screaming].png (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
[incoherent screaming].png
151KB, 1920x1080px
>the scroll of *acquirement* burns up!

Remember: don't kill its minions.
>>
Fucking hell he never got stunned. I'd have diedwithout my two angelic healing rods.

Making the new thread, by the way.
>>
New Rogue here:

>>167337346
>>167337346
>>167337346
>>
>>167334325
make one yourself senpai
>>
Why are my additional PosChengband windows empty? Sick of playing the game only using the main window for like 3 months.
Thread posts: 754
Thread images: 135

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.