[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 756
Thread images: 127

>You Died:
>>165308363

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
http://pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
http://pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
http://pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
http://pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
http://pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
http://pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm
>>
File: BOSS WEAPONS.png (56KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
BOSS WEAPONS.png
56KB, 640x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flmpweHdeAc
>>
Is the Black K***ht Greatsword the best fucking UGS in the game or what
>>
>>165359002
No, the vertical R1 attacks on ultra greatswords are dogshit.

The only reason people put up with that is because of the combo
>>
REPOST

Hello people of /dsg/.
I just started DaS2 and I was wondering what build I should go?

I finished DeS and DaS on a melee build, DeS was sword & shield while DaS was a single sword.

I thought of spicing it up a bit and adding some magic.

What are some good Melee / Magic builds in DaS2
>>
>>165359002
Best UGS is the Farron greatsword because you can actually hit people with it.
>>
>>165359462
*gets parried*
whoops
>>
>>165359549
>what is free aiming
>what are cross ups
>>
>>165359369
Ds2 doesn't have builds, level everything you want because matchmaking is based on how many souls you've ever had, regardless of if you used them or not. A level 500 can invade a 100 if they've had a number of souls in the same window, and that window is very large.
>>
>>165359549
Farron Greatsword is one of the hardest weapons to parry Anon. If you get parried with it you're bad.

Its problem is the lack of good hyper armor.
>>
>>165359549
By that logic not a single straight or curved sword is good. Lots of shit can be parried against a competent player, but at least fgs is fast enough to hit and you can jump attack parry spam. No good player gets hit by a normal ugs.
>>
File: 1472163255566.jpg (42KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
1472163255566.jpg
42KB, 344x344px
>>165359462
>being too fucking shit to hit people with ultra weapons
You think you're clever and a "fast paced player" when you say things like
>Greathammers are just too slow to hit anything with.

But in reality you just admit that you're reaaaallllly terrible at spacing and prediction.
Which is fine, everyone has their own playstyle, but don't pretend like only fast attacks can hit things in PvP. YOU can only hit things using fast attacks. That's you.
>>
>>165359369
powerstance blue flame
>>
>>165358939
Leaning forward after attack is one thing, but can you imagine people constantly crouching while circling around each other? That would look comical, smurfs' battle ring.

Not very related, but one of the worst things in souls combat is that your speed going backwards is the same as going forward, which makes backpedaling to make opponent whiff a viable tactic, even though it's completely retarded. And there is no way to fix it, people would just play unlocked like they do in DaS2.
>>165359116
What are you talking about? Vertical UGS attack is the better one. Better range, better speed, better recovery. It's like a super halberd. Of course no AOE, but why would that matter if people would just roll through your attack anyways? Or are you talking about PvE?
>>
Why is FUGS slower in Dark Souls 3?
Why doesn't it deflect attacks? It's the entire point of the weapon.
Why does VIT give far less returns in Dark Souls 3 than in 2 when armor and weapons are generally heavier and rings give less equip load?
Why does full havel's poise switch between getting staggered by the weakest tiny crab to tanking ultras just based on the frames of your swing?
Why is 40/40 Refined able to do everything better than other builds while requiring less stat points?
Why can you hit enemies beyond the range of your weapon model?
Why is estus so fast and nigh unpunishable?
Why are the covenant rewards so bad?
Why does investing 60 faith or 60 intelligence in a buff get you only 230 AR, when the game already has items that completely dispel your buffs?

Why did they go backwards in so many ways, like making buffs flat damage instead of based on the weapon's AR?
Why didn't this game learn from Dark Souls 2 and improve upon it?
>>
>>165359772
It shits hyper armor at high poise.
>>
>>165359940
Memehackzaki bro :^)
>>
>>165359369
OK me again, did a bit of research and this is what I ended up with.
Just keep in mind I'm not trying to be super competitive or finish the game on NG+ or anything, just have fun.

Hexes - while it seems to fit, I just don't feel a good connection to it, seems a tad boring and everything requires souls.
Pyro - Almost everything is just pure spells, almost nothing to do with Melee / no synergy.
Sorc - Looks like the best fit, tons of weapon buffs and all the homing skills / Soulmass being great when you cast and switch to melee.
Miracles - Again, looks great, a bit more defensive than Sorc more like a Paladin build(?) where you can heal yourself and buff up and go apeshit in melee.

Did I hit the mark? anyone tried out a certain build and give me some insight?

Also I started off as a Cleric, should I start over if I want to play as a Sorcerer?
>>
>>165359940

Because DS3 is shit
>>
Ace work on Oceiros, thank you.
>>
You're going through High Wall and this guy slaps your phantom's ass.
What do you do?
>>
>>165359940
Superior a-team design

I hated Bloodborne (the DLC was neat but still) and I had a feeling that they would ruin DS3 with Bloodborne design aspects. Sure enough, they did.
>>
>>165360131
Remember to punch the wall behind the chest in the middle Bad***
>>
>>165360270
Man, never felt that filtered name was more apt than when I fucked up with the resin.
>>
File: REMATCH.jpg (510KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
REMATCH.jpg
510KB, 1920x1080px
>>165360192
Forgot picture
>>
HURR GANK SQUAD BOSSES HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>165355361
Hollow or quality

what >>165355503 says holds true for pvp, but against bosses the extra bleed is noticeable

in pvp people will usually bleed in the same number of hits regardless of infusion, so you're better off with the AR from quality, but hitrounding isn't as big a deal against bosses and their larger healthbars means bleed has got a larger total to divide hp off of

but going back to pvp, you really do get more damage from quality. you can compare 40/60 refined builds to 40/40/30(+10) hollow builds, and refined will usually come out on top while letting you bless your offhand for hp regen. You can also compare 40/40 to 26/40/[as much luck as you can get] and you'll also tend to get more AR from refined

>>165359369
you can respec in 2 so it isn't as big an issue

also matchmaking is sm based instead of sl based
>>
File: 1408055625972.png (15KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1408055625972.png
15KB, 240x240px
>>165359940
>Why does full havel's poise switch between getting staggered by the weakest tiny crab to tanking ultras just based on the frames of your swing?

Because poise was actually improved. Making you able to poise attacks while not swinging a heavy weapon is bad design. Just imagine Havels with Curved Swords and the like. Poise was an unbalanced mess in Dark Souls 1, and really shitty in 2. I'd say its in its perfect state in 3, except I'd rather not have it at all and go back to pure hyper armor like in DeS.
>>
>>165360385
>parries the charge
nothin personnel
>>
>>165359883
No anon, I'm not speaking from the perspective of the ultra user. I just don't get hit by ultras, all you have to do is dodge around them until you out-stamina them then hit them when they try to back off for a recovery, which is easy enough to predict because they can only swing so many times. The only time l ever get hit by ultras is in a gank, and that's only because I was already staggered by another person.
>>
>>165358801
has anyone seen this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt3HsASnV4

he even rolls.
>>
>>165360605
I would slap your shit so hard in a duel for speaking such nonsense.
>>
>>165359671
>>165359369
>DS2 doesn't have builds because of soul memory
Don't listen to this idiot.

Dark Souls 2 matchmaking is always within ~10% of your current soul level if all you do is level up. Every time you buy something or lose your souls, you fall behind players who only leveled up. You need to spend/lose >500,000 souls in a single play-though for it to make any noticeable difference.

Don't die and lose your souls, don't spend souls on items you aren't going to use, simple as that.

The window is not very large. The only way a Soul Level 500 character can invade a Soul Level 100 character is if the Soul Level 100 character lost >250x the number of souls they spent on leveling up, which is not even possible to do without being on NG+7 and having most weapons in the game completely upgraded.

And even then, he's asking about PvE, not PvP.
>>
>>165359940
Why didn't DaS 2 learn from 1 and improve on it?
Why didn't DaS 1 learn from DeS and improve on it?

Because they don't care about what most players see as improvements and it's time you guys realised that most stuff you like is something they did accidentaly
>>
>>165360605
>all you have to do is dodge around them until you out-stamina them then hit them when they try to back off for a recovery,
wow. All you need to do is to play against bad players and then you win. Amazing...

Are you on PC and have a character at ~Sl120?
>>
>>165360498
>what is free aiming
>>
>>165359940
Two options, I think.
Either FROM is fucking sick of this franchise and resented the fact that they had to make this game, which resulted in little effort and care,
or someone upstairs is incredibly adamant about doing things "their way".
>>165360204
>a-team
Do people still ignore the fact that the first Dark Souls was made by a very different group than the third one? Really?
>>
>>165360729
>Being able to use weapons in both hands.
>Accidentally.
>Accidentally got rid off it in DaS3.
>>
>>165359940
>Why didn't this game learn from Dark Souls 2 and improve upon it?

Because when Dark Souls 2 came out literally everyone shit on it, there were 0 people defending the game and its mechanics. From saw that and dropped it like a hot potato, returning to the mechanics of the most loved game in the franchise. It makes sense.

Also I prefer the Dark Souls 3 poise system, and I'd take the fast Estus any day over the Lifegem system, which was terrible and ruined the game's resource management and the feel of exploration.
>>
File: daily reminder.jpg (78KB, 894x469px) Image search: [Google]
daily reminder.jpg
78KB, 894x469px
>>165360729
>>165360850

See image.
>>
>>165359462
>>165359772
>hardest weapons to parry
you can parry the r1s on reaction

literally just stand still and wait for them to do something, it's the worst ugs

>>165359883
Prediction relies on the opponent being predicted first and the predictor second. It's necessary to use but exclusive reliance on it/winning with really weapons in general only indicates that your opponent was retarded. If you were narrowing options down as you went because you could understand flow and action progression that's one thing, but "I guessed he'd go left instead of taking a safer option," isn't really skill.
>>
Please help.
I'm stupid.
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/134627
>>
>>165361147
I don't know mate. People in /dsg/ fightclubs are unironically pretty decent mostly and I always win lots of fights with ultras.

I don't know what kind of people you're fighting but if it can compete in fightclubs it's viable, and no amount of your theorycrafting will change it.
>>
File: 1471520510716.jpg (18KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1471520510716.jpg
18KB, 180x200px
>got invaded in Horsefuck Valley
>Seed of Giant
>mfw
>>
>>165361061
what is this bullshit? I like demon's souls, dark souls, bloodborne, and dark souls 3.
>>
>>165360873
By this I mean how they thought dual wielding was no big deal. A lot of players liked it, but to from, it wasn't that important of a mechanic.
Also new engine is a significant factor.

>>165361061
That poster is right but here's the thing, we're not Fromsoft general, we're dark/demon's general, there's no issue discussing the company or anything else, but it's perfectly acceptable to be here and not like 1 or 2 games of the series
>>
>>165360385
>twinking
Way to go showing you have absolutely no skill and need to pick on new players. Neat cosplay though. Also, champions charge is one of the most broken weapon arts in the game.
>>
>>165360734
Nope. Ps4 and pure invader here, highest I've ever leveled was 75 for a pyro, 60 for everyone else, with weapons at +4/3. But the situation I'm talking about is in the duel arena against a variety of players, some bad some not. I'm not saying ultras LITERALLY can't hit, but they are straight up hard-countered by a regen shield/ring, and stamina management, and they're soft countered by just the latter.

Fyi, I love ultra weapons and have success with them, but that doesn't change how easy they are to out-maneuver.
>>
>tfw still die a bunch to Abyss Watchers on every playthrough
Why am I so fucking bad at this game
>>
>>165361340
It's hardly twinking in phantomsouls 3, anon.
>>
>>165359116

Just learn to aim them, nerd

The only bad thing about vertical UGS is that they're shit for crowd control but then you just switch to 1H
>>
>>165361215
Oops fucked that up.
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/134627
I don't know if this is a good idea or not.
>>
>das2
>lost 10k souls

fUCK
>>
>>165361340
>It takes no skill to beat the content I'm desperately struggling with at a level 1/3rd of mine!!!
ok faget
>>
>>165361564
idk, every time i invade at high wall it's absolute noobs that spam r1
Kill them easily with unupgraded weapons and no rings, no idea how you see a challenge in full gear
>>
>>165361905
That's nothing. Even for SM, unless you were doing twink.
>>
>>165360385

I equip a dagger or a short sword and you can't do literally anything but spam charge
>>
>>165360080

Hexes
>few enemies are weak to it
>few enemies are resistant to it
>decent melee buffs/infusions
>best spell damage output
>high versatility of offensive and defensive
>highest stat/soul memory investment (50-70)
>best at mid-early game, and ng+

Sorceries
>many enemies are weak to it
>many enemies are resistant to it
>decent melee buffs/infusions (can also do enchanted path)
>second best spell damage output
>primarily offensive
>moderate stat/soul memory investment (40-50)

>best at mid game

Faith
>many enemies are weak to it
>few enemies are resistant to it
>best melee buffs/infusions
>worst spell damage output
>primarily defensive
>low stat/soul memory investment (30-40)
>best at early game and late game

Pyromancy
>few enemies are weak to it
>many enemies are resistant to it
>decent melee buffs/infusions (but hardest to acquire)
>decent spell damage output
>high versatility of offensive and defensive
>lowest stat/soul memory investment (10-40)
>best at early and mid-early game
>>
>>165361951
what?
>>
>>165361046
>Dark Souls 2 came out literally everyone shit on it,
And yet it has a highest score on metacritic. So who is this everyone? Don't tell me "the fans", because FROM doesn't give a fuck about them.
>>
>Earthseeker WA gives you no perserverance, despite being a faith weapon
>but the Quakestone Hammer does despite being literally a stone on a stick
>>
>>165362426
yeah what the fuck?

more like dark souls 2 came out, it was one of the finest RPGs released recently, nothing could touch it, and then SOTFS came about and made it ten times better
>>
>>165361236
>People in /dsg/ fightclubs are unironically pretty decent mostly and I always win lots of fights with ultras.
>I can win fights with ultrasound in rooms where people with meta weapons aren't summoned.
Banned: (you)
>>
>>165362605
>>I can win fights with ultrasound in rooms where people with meta weapons aren't summoned.
...are you implying that people in the arena pose a bigger threat than people who will engage in passworded fightclubs?

l m a o
>>
>>165362476
>bkgs and rhh perseverance have no stamina cost
>greathammer/hammers do
>onikiri WA has stagger and HA
>wolnirs holy sword WA doesn't even have HA
Quite a few things in this game just don't make sense.
>>
>>165362605
>ultrasound
ultras*

>>165362703
>my password matched fightclubs are the only password matched fightclubs
>>
Any compelling reason to do Smoldering Lake in DS3? Seems wholly optional.
>>
>>165361319
>>165361310
>I like all the games

then that post is not about you.

It's about people who complain about how a game "changed" things and is now worse than its predecessor because of it, and pointing fun at how From Soft has been doing that for 15 years and they're just now noticing.
>>
>>165362426
Every forum, stream chat, etc. Wherever you went, the game was hated. No idea why the Metracritic reviews were positive, I guess that's mostly from people who were new to the series. You can argue that people who complained were a vocal minority, but if that's the case then it was loud enough that it drowned literally everyone else.
>>
File: faith is pretty alright.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
faith is pretty alright.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>165362275
>forgetting to mention faith's strongest offensive area
>>
>>165361236
>praises prediction based gameplay
>simultaneously implies theorycrafting is bad
>>
>>165362791
two undead bone shards and an estus shard, along with a bunch of upgrade materials an other good shit?
>>
>>165362791
It's a paradise for Pyromancers
Also, you have to go down there for Anri's and Yuria's questlines
>>
>>165362791
Lots of pretty good loot.
>>
>>165362703

When it comes to UGS, in the Arena, people will never engage. They'll just keep whiff punishing you all day. In fightclubs, people actually go in and fight. Not sure how you can ever win in Arena with a UGS.
>>
>>165362791
good pyromancer stuff, and lots of large titanite shards, and a good number of estus upgrades. Also, good amount of souls from the boss. And a gesture and new armor set purchasable from the shrine handmaiden. Also a good offensive miracle. Staff for dark characters too.
>>
>>165361904
You want to be a cunt throwing out fireballs or a cunt spamming weapon art on the whip?
>>
>>165362786
So what's your point? I win in the arena using them, I win in invasions using them, I win against ganks using them, I win in fightclubs using them.

By what measure does a weapon have to be viable in your eyes that this does not meet?

I'm so tired of you
>if a weapon doesn't meet my personal requirements it's trash
faggots
>>
File: 1467253502544.png (143KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467253502544.png
143KB, 800x800px
>>165362586
SOTFS is inferior to vanilla Dark Souls 2. All the changes are awful. Especially Heide, the extra petrified hollows, Iron Keep...

And yet they didn't fix any of the real problems the game had, like the elevator to Iron Keep, pile of rubble near Shrine of Winter, improving some of the awful animations, or dealing with some of the most broken hitbox enemies like the Gutter Dogs.
>>
Are Pontiff's, SoC's and Friede's attacks designed to rollcatch panic rollers?
>>
>>165361319
>but it's perfectly acceptable to be here and not like 1 or 2 games of the series

Agreed, but it's dumb as fuck to think that From Soft is stupid for not copying prior games and instead choosing to change things up, just because you liked one of the older games.
>>
>>165363227
Yes, and they do a fine job at it too.
>>
>>165363142
Literally just 1v1 me in the arena. I'll beat you with a greathammer or greataxe, your choice.
which platform are you on? If it's not PC, we can't duel, but then I would understand why you're saying these things so it's fine.
>>
>>165362909
>implying you couldn't do that on a 10/10 build using firestorm, and not have to spend all the souls on leveling up fth/int

Soul appease is pretty badass in certain places though.
>>
>>165363374
>SEE ME

I mean, what are you even going to do against someone only whiff punishing with a great axe?
>>
>>165363158
>asks what the requirements for a non-trash weapon are
>immediately afterward says they're tired of people claiming that weapons which don't meet certain requirements are trash
why are you even responding to me
>>
File: rats.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rats.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>165363412
>Soul appease is pretty badass in certain places though.

It is. For some reason it works on rats too.
>>
>>165361904
It's not anon.
Dex cap for spell speed is 50, your vestiges will be very slow.
Steel protection is nerfed in PvP.
20 end could be improved on
Only one spell isn't making good use of that 40/40
You can drop 2 vit points and not be over the max weight
Spider shield is very bad, unless going for looks, pick etheral oak
>>
>>165363205
>m'hollow

Some of the changes are questionable.
Some of them are good.

None of them are hands-down absolutely 'bad'. The worst is moving the bastille key to make lost bastille entirely explorable without going through the bell area. But even then, it makes sense -why- they did it (let players have more choice in where to go and make optional areas -actually- optional), I just disagree that it was worth losing the bell covenant activity for.
>>
>>165363205
>And yet they didn't fix any of the real problems the game had, like the elevator to Iron Keep, pile of rubble near Shrine of Winter, improving some of the awful animations, or dealing with some of the most broken hitbox enemies like the Gutter Dogs.

Or restore the pre-release lighting system. There's no excuse for this since SOTFS brought the game to PS4 and Xbone.
>>
>>165363498
I'm offering to show you. Do you want to theorycraft or do you want to actually fight and be proven wrong or right?
>>
>>165363573
I like the ratbosses in ds2, bosses inflicting status effects is always pretty neat and adds to the difficulty. Kinda sad rats in ds3 don't inflict poison anymore.
>>
>>165363205
>they moved one of the archers in the first half of Iron Keep so you can fight the Alonne Knights without being constantly sniped in the back
>this is somehow a bad thing because it's 2017 and people are still not used to Alonne Knight aggro ranges, despite them being 100% consistent to the point where you can easily fight them one at a time if you don't just YOLO into the room
>>
File: 1451149449683.jpg (22KB, 552x539px) Image search: [Google]
1451149449683.jpg
22KB, 552x539px
>>165363205
>aldia keep dragon in sotfs doesn't attack you immediately, only when you kill 4 manually summoned red phantoms with broken animation cancels
>>
File: cornyx.jpg (35KB, 453x261px) Image search: [Google]
cornyx.jpg
35KB, 453x261px
It's a shame Cornyx did so little in DaS3. Irina has her whole little questline with two seperate endings and the Morne incident, and Orbeck gives you gifts and warms to you over the course of the game, but Cornyx just sits there next to his really ill dog.

He has a good amount of unique dialogue (not only does he something when you give him a pyromancy tome, but what he says when you talk to him changes after every one), but it's a shame he never gets up and fucks off somewhere or tells you more about himself or anything like that.

It's also a shame that Irina has no unique dialogue for any divine tomes.
>>
>>165362426
It has the highest metacritic score because all the dumb video game writers got on the dark souls bandwagon 6 months before dark souls 2 came out, and they had no sense of how to judge it qualitatively. These are the people who hated demon's souls because it was "unfair".
>>
>>165363710

Well you don't need to fight me. Just post some Arena play. There's plenty of lame players there. Better yet, show me with a greathammer.
>>
>>165363771
>Kinda sad rats in ds3 don't inflict poison anymore.
thank fucking god given how obnoxious ds3 rats are
>ng+7 fuckers
>enough HP to survive one swing of a greatsword sometimes
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>165360729

>Why didn't DaS 2 learn from 1 and improve on it?
>Why didn't DaS 1 learn from DeS and improve on it?
They both did, in many and vast ways

It's DaS3 that regresses
>>
>>165363907
I'm not in the mood to record things when we could just fight and I show you.

Plenty of webms around of people winning arena fights with ultras, if that's what you want.
>>
>>165363618
On my first playthrough, finding and defeating the Heide Knight in the Forest was a very memorable experience. In SOTFS they ignored their lore (the fact that they wander the lands after the destruction of their homeland) and put them all on Heide, and made them all aggro when you kill Dragonrider, which makes the area unfun. They also replaced the Heide Knight in the forest with like 15 copy pasted sleeping hollows

Heide also has a wyvern on it now, further lessening the impact of Guardian Dragon and the ones encountered in the Aerie. Talking about the Aerie, they made it completely skippable right from the start, one of the only areas in Dark Souls 2 which had 10/10 atmosphere.

The extra petrified hollows are really annoying and gate certain areas of content behind the shitty Fragrant Branch system which I never liked, but it wasn't that bad on vanilla Dark Souls 2.
>>
>Finished everything from SotFS aside from the final bosses and 2cat
>Done about 4 playthroughs of DaS3, including one NG+7 run on my melee character

I haven't played it in years, thinking of heading back into Dark Souls 1.
I played Faith/Melee in SotFS and Melee in DaS 3 with my main character and Pyro with a side character.

Any suggestions of builds I should try in DaS, or perhaps fun builds in another game?

Half the reason I'm going back in is because I saw an LP that revealed an area I didn't know about so I began to think that I don't know the game half as well as I should
>>
How does the Ethereal Oak's HP regen compare to a Blessed +10 shield?
>>
>>165363868
>only noticed until recently the dead crows cornyx has next to him
Filthy swampfolk, those pyormancers.
>>
>>165363907
I would actually take a greatclub over a UGS. He R2s let you form things that are somewhat closer to actual contingency plans via covering multiple options and recognizing game flow than "hurr I guessed he'd fuck up".
>>
>>165362282
If he's wearing end-game gear at his level, he's earned the right to invade your ass with that gear.
>>
>>165363771
Doing Rat Vanguard as your second boss when you're underprepared is one of the scariest experiences in the whole damn series
>basically no estus, just lifegem and pray
>constantly running away and trying to keep that Petrify meter low while more and more pile in
>jesus christ one hit from the boss did 90% poison buildup, no moss this early
>>
>>165364284
Or he could just CE/mule it.
>>
>>165364213
It's the same 2 HP /sec as Sun Princess, so it's better

Only downside is the stability
>>
>>165362791
Chaos flame vestiges, estus shard and bone shard.
>>
>>165363680
>like the elevator to iron keep

Because that's not a 'real' problem to From. Worst thing it does is maybe break your immersion slightly after you think about it for a few minutes. It doesn't actually change how you play the game though, and there were far more important things (to them) like fixing the gutter skip or watchdragon parma's effect or adding NG+ content or making pvp areas optional that they fixed instead.

Also, I think they were limited to tweaking the assets already in the game, rather than creating new ones, which fixing the elevator would have required.
>>
>>165364213
its brokenly good, like most dlc weapons.
>>
>>165364430
All PC players are shitfuckers (they only popularized the term "artificial difficulty" when DaS was ported to PC), so if he does CE it, you DESERVE to get raped by him.

If he muled it, then why don't you mule some defense?
>>
>>165364501
>make elevator go down instead of up
wew too much work
>>
>>165364000
That's because DS3 learned from bloodborne, not DS2. It didn't regress, it shifted to a new market.
>>
>>165364501
making pvp areas even more optional is an absolutely retarded decision because luna was one of a few reasons to play ds2
now there's literally zero good loot there, not even a fucking key, and a broken npc phantom on top of it, zone is fucking ruined
>>
>>165363374
>all the bads are on console, pc only has gooders

LOL
>>
is the sword master worth summoning for the champion Gundyr fight or will he just get fucked once i breach the fog gate?
>>
>>165364213
same overall healing, different ticks
it's still a godly shield, mind you, probably the best WA tool in the game if you aren't a turtlefag
>>
>>165364736
the bleed from his katana is pretty useful, he can also draw aggro from Gundyr
>>
>>165364618
Aside from making the gameplay faster, what would people say was lifted from Bloodborne?
Even at that, the speed of 3 is not too much faster than Demon's Souls, bosses excluded.
>>
>>165364213
>>165364809
note that you'll always get the same amount whether or not it's upgraded, making it godly for twinking
>>
>>165364884

I spent all of last night playing Demon's Souls, you are wrong.
>>
>>165363907
Just fight him, if he posted webms you'd probably say they were just bad players.
>>
>>165364707
>I can just talk shit and no one can prove me wrong because I play on less popular platform
>>
Whats are cool idea for a monk build? I was thinking blessed caestus, but can't think of cool clothing.
>>
>ugs with offhanded greatknife unironically better than farron gs
Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>165365171
Master's set with baggiest pants you can find.
>>
>>165364130
>I had a memorable experience, they changed it now, it sucks

Heide knights were added to give the level a purpose after you beat dragon rider but haven't beaten dragonslayer yet. They also added a mechanic to a level that was otherwise easy to just rush all the way through.

The wyvern was added to prevent new players from immediately rushing toward the dragonslayer right after the dragonrider, just like the skeletons/ghosts in DS to keep you out of the catacombs until later. I imagine they were struggling to figure out what boss to put there, since it had to be some flying boss (or else it would fall down once aggro'd).

The petrified hollows and more branches makes gameplay less restrictive on path but adds consequences to which paths you take.

I'm not saying SOTFS's decisions were all great, but none of them were objectively worse or without good reasons behind them.
>>
>>165364884
>what would people say was lifted from Bloodborne?
Heal speed
>which they fucked up by not including heal parries
Speed of enemies
>which they fucked up by not making the player as agile, especially when it comes to heavy weapons
Focus of enemy and boss design on roll catching
Focus of evasion over blocking or armor
>which they fucked up by making the player's rolls too good, bloodborne's dodges were far weaker and more vulnerable
Louder and more repulsive enemy design
>which is out of place in this non-horror setting
>>
>>165365171
Blessed caestus do really bad damage. You're better off with Refined.
>>
>>165364826
i tried it. he got double penitrated within 2 min. he actually isnt so bad once you get his hitboxes down, so ill just go solo for now
>>
>>165365402
parry
>>
>>165364605
That still requires changing the in-game area and models, which nothing in SOTFS does. It was a purely mechanical set of changes.

And even then, people would be complaining how you went up a mountain only to go straight down an elevator and still end up outside.
>>
What's a weapon you can get super early on that'll break the PvE in half, in DaS2 or DaS3?
Something like the Black Knight weapons in DaS1.
>>
>>165365313
Nigga you wot? Quickstep was much faster and chained directly into itself compared to ds3 fast roll. Enemies are fasyer compared to other souls games but not to the level of bloodborne enemies, which is the only reason youmight think dashing was worse than ds3 roll.
>>
>>165365518
>Windmill is on the edge of a cliff
>go down
>end up below and still outside
If I can figure how to fix it, then I'm sure chinks could too.
>>
>>165365592
mace for ds2, anri's straightsword+carthus rouge. Basicly speedrunner weapons.
>>
>>165365592
>2
Fire longsword kinda
Mash things with hammers
>3
Raw astora kinda
Anything with bleed as far as bosses go
>>
>>165365592

2: Mace/Rapier/Craftsman Hammer
3: Raw ASS/Anri's
>>
>>165365313
>heal parries
heal parries were needed because numbing mist was impossible to hit anyone with and every person carried 20 vials from the very start instead of gradually upgrading estus which only reached 15 at the very end of a game
>not making the player as agile
going from bb to ds3 i don't see a difference in terms of overall speed of movement and ds3 roll provides as much opportunities to evade something as quicksteps, even more so bloodring fastroll
>out of place
well i guess entirety of Izalith is out of place for soulsverse then
as well as abyssal abominations, entirety of blighttown and other places full of repulsive as fuck enemies
>>
File: ¿¿¿.png (644KB, 1307x887px) Image search: [Google]
¿¿¿.png
644KB, 1307x887px
>>165365086

>DaSIII PC
>more popular than on PS4

????
>>
So which ending do you consider to be the most fitting one for DS3?

Im betting the lot of you bought into the "make londor great again" propaganda
>>
>>165365592
In DS2: Grand Lance.

160 counter, found in a chest. Even at +6 and base stats you can pull off 1000+ damage R2s against bosses.
>>
>fight some DMB curved sword faggot
>he rebuffs in the middle of the fight
>take the opportunity to use great heal
>points down on me
So why do people feel like they're entitled weapon buffs, but I'm not allowed to use my miracles?
>>
>>165365313
>Aside from making the gameplay faster

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it has always been preferable stamina-wise to evade instead of blocking or using heavy armor in every game in this series.
At the same time though, there was no reason to weaken armor to the level of pointlessness (outside of poise) it has in 3.
And I could again be wrong, but I didn't feel like there's a higher emphasis on repulsive enemies in 3 than the other 2 games.
There's horribly disfigured creatures beating you with corpses in the first 2 games, not to mention the people with fucked-up bloated heads in 1 in the Painted World, or those malformed fly-creatures in Blighttown.
I remember the Pus of Man and the some of the Corvians in 3, what else is outwardly repulsive?
>>
>>165366116
I think the ending where you let the Flame fade in company of the Firekeeper is the best and most fitting ending.
>>
>>165366069
Show me the number of players on any of the consoles. Oh wait right, you fucking can't.
>>
>>165366194
Because duelists are tryhard shitters who have their own stupid pvp etiquette or some retarded shit.
>>
>>165366116

Let the Fire fade. It's the comfiest ending and it's what this series should do, just let it go.
>>
>>165363573
>dat blessed clay at 0.09
>>
>>165366249
Blocking usually consumes less stamina than rolling in DS2.

There are some exceptions (magic shield, ivory warrior ring, etc.) but all of those execptions are nullified by baneful bird ring or great magic shield.
>>
>>165359369
Just use the greatsword man, it all you'll ever need honestly

go 40/40 and rip through your enemies
>>
>>165365621

you can't spam dodges in bloodborne, you will get rollcaught and fucking destroyed with that instability modifier - which DaS3 doesn't have on rolls
>>
>>165366392
>>165366249
DS2 also punishes rolling twice in a row much more heavily.
>>
>>165366383

Makes me wonder why From couldn't make buffs look like that in DaS2.
>>
>>165366361
Yeah but even then, why do they feel it's ok to literally run off to buff then get mad when I use the space to my advantage?
>>
>>165365045

I would. There is no way you can win. It's simply speed. It just relies on opponents mistakes.
>>
>>165366249
>weaken armor to the level of pointlessness (outside of poise) it has in 3.
up to 25% damage reduction in pvp is not pointless in any shape or form
just not as broken as pre-nerf ds2 armor
>>
God shitfucking asscock, I can't believe I'm stuck on Champion Gundyr, because it takes me so long to get back there.

I think I might need to take a break, three bosses within a span of few hours might be a bit too much.
>>
>>165366590
Fight him and prove him wrong then
>>
>>165366398
>40/40 on DS2 greatsword

what

Greatsword is pretty good (and super boring) but it is a pure strength weapon.

>>165366508
Framerate. The animations for soul collecting on my PC causes slight inconsistent fps drops when I kill a bunch of enemies at once. I can't imagine if that was constant. It's probably worse on PS3.
>>
>>165366708
try parry
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (65KB, 472x490px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
65KB, 472x490px
>>165366353

Uhh, yeah, that's the point. How can you draw the conclusion that PC is more popular then?

What we do know is that the game has loads more sales on PS4, and that Souls is a primarily console based series. The PS4 community being much larger than the PC community right now is a reasonable deduction.
>>
>>165366573
because autism, if you can even get a heal off in arena it means your opponent is retarded.
>>
What is the optimal level range for Irithyll? ~50 with +6 weapons? Also for what is the proof of concord well kept rewarded for exactly? Killing faithfuls or sometihng else?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12092376
>>
>>165366767
It has S in str and D in dex

And yes 40/40 for max dmg

And then he can also switch weapons if he gets bored once in a while.

And I find the greatsword to be a lot of fun, as some bosses, you'll have to pick your attacks very specificly, as its slow as fuck

If you want a boring build, go rapier, gold pine and then 2 hand r1 spam
>>
>>165367139
Proof of Concord is gained from being summoned into a host's world and turning that 3v1 gank into a 4v1 gank (lmao such balance)
>>
>>165367217
do i
>r1 smash everything
>pancake everything
hmmm
>>
>>165366749

Don't care about proving him wrong. I'm trying out this Lorian cosplay build and I don't see how you can even hit someone kiting you with a weapon that outspeeds it. Shit feels impossible.
>>
>>165367217
greathammers rule nigguh
>>
>>165367364
I was asking about the doubled one which I could just dupe with tumblebuff.
>>
>>165366896
So you're just gonna pull shit out of your ass and call it deduction? Alright.
>>
>>165366896
Wrong. The only sales figure you have is physical sales numbers to go on. Released by third party retailers. Of fucking course PS4 would have higher physical sales.

And before you say something like "no it includes digital copies" no it doesn't because sony doesn't release those numbers.
>>
>>165367289
>1.1 Str scaling
>.15 Dex Scaling

AR gain from 98 to 99 strength: .75

AR gain from 30 to 31 dex (max gain): 0.57
Ar gain from 10 to 11 dex: 0.34

The ONLY time where putting a stat into dex is worth it for greatsword is if your strength is 99.
>>
Does fucking anyone play Scholar on PS4?
>>
Why is the FUGS so perfect?
>>
Why is great heal in the arena so good? You'd think you wouldn't get a chance to use it but damn

>trade with a guy so we're both at low HP
>faggot goes into passive-reactive pussy mode
>just let him backpedal away and use great heal

>fight a dude who plays super passively from the start
>just casually walk ontop of the pillar cause that's a place where he'd actually be forced to fight instead of spam rolling
>if he doesn't come up, just great heal and drop a "thank you" carving

This happens on like, every other match
>>
>>165367882
Because it knows that UGS parries are dumb and that using the sword as a shield for counter attacks is ideal.
>>
>>165366778
I can reliably parry him, until he goes apeshit.

Actually that isn't my problem, I'm too goddamn squishy, so failing a parry means I die, so I need a perfect streak of them. But the mother bitch of this whole thing is running back to him. And I'm making retarded mistakes, because I am too stubborn to take a break or cut my losses and come back later.

What level are you supposed to fight this guy anyway?
>>
>>165364618
DaS3 is literally discount BB.
>>
>>165368050
If you can time a fume deflection you could reasonably time an UGS parry too, I don't see why you think it's dumb

it's definitely more stylish tho
>>
>>165368145
SL80-100
Do you have 27 Vig and Ring of FaP?
>>
File: 1435881099031.jpg (305KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
1435881099031.jpg
305KB, 591x591px
>Bloodring Corvian Greatknife build

I'm using this since a few days and it's one of the most annoying but fun cancer builds I have ever played. I destroy double gold CCS and GFS shitters with ease with my absurd i frames and attack speed. People try to beat me with parry spam or R1 spam and the dagger is just too fast for either.

Playing a fast and agile asshole thief has never felt this fun in any Souls game.

It's a very risky playstyle because your HP gets demolished when hit but your rolls are beyond broken and the rolling attack comes out so fast that you can interrupt nearly any attack and hit them several times before they realize they should be rolling away from the flurry of hits.
>>
File: 1451372862003.png (238KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451372862003.png
238KB, 500x500px
>>165368308
>you could reasonably time an UGS parry
It has like 40 startup frames.
You need your opponent to be a blind, retarded degenerate to pull it off.
>>
>using chameleon in the arena turns you into a slimy tentacle
the fuck?
>>
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/134654

What should I add to hit 120? Vig is pretty obvious, but how muh more for this sort of thing? I'm willing to go beyond level 90 of course. I'll probably have a quick backup weapon and caestus. Force is for knocking fuckers off my pillar, but I'm tempted to replace fire surge with serpent since I've already got darts for passive dickery. With more faith (which I'll probably end up having) I could use the bigger regenerative miracle, but that costs two slots.
>>
File: 1408976475450.png (414KB, 530x464px) Image search: [Google]
1408976475450.png
414KB, 530x464px
I fucking hate Gaping Dragon
It's barely challenging at all but it's giant HP pool makes it so tedious to deal with
All of it's moves are super fucking easy to dodge but getting caught in its charge ONCE knocks you back into its mouth and instantly kills you
>>
>>165367887
Healing in the pillar is pure cancer. I don't mind healing anywhere else, but if you see someone go up the pillar you have to swap to cat ring and pray the opponent doesn't spam r1 forcing you to roll off, and take that opportunity to heal. He can also heal while you equip the cat ring or after he jumps off.
>>
>>165368449
>Bloodring

This thing is so good. DaS3 already has DWGR rolls, now imagine putting another DWGR on top of that.
>>
>>165368479
Doesn't the fume bounceshield have quite a start up time too?

The timings don't seem that different and I've used both extensively and successfully. Maybe I'm just misremembering, I haven't played in a while.
>>
File: vicar.gif (548KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
vicar.gif
548KB, 400x302px
>>165367651
>>165366896

If I am to believe vgchartz and Steam's own numbers, DaSIII has about 400k to half a million more physical sales on PS4, than digital owners on Steam. PC's physical sales are extremely low, so if PS4's digital copies were included the difference would probably be even bigger.

And as said, combined with the fact that Souls has always had a much larger presence on console, the PS4 playerbase being significantly larger than the PC one is more likely than the opposite.

Please don't be mad PC friends.
>>
>>165368704
What are you using to show dark souls 3 purchases on steam? Because valve doesn't show sales numbers on digital sales either.
>>
>>165368436
I'm level 55, I have 12 vigor and don't even know where to get ring of FaP.
>>
>>165368941
>12 vig
shit nigga
start pumping that up
>>
Good melee weapon for a DaS Pyromancer?
>>
>>165368963
Yeah, I just increased it by 2.
>>
>>165369046

Balder Side Sword.
>>
>>165368514
pic?
>>
>>165368793

My apologies, it was steamspy.
>>
>>165368941
One of the beasts that guards aldritcht faithful covenants drops that ring.
>>
>>165369046
Iaito, if you don't mind weeabooing it up.
>>
>>165369046
yeah
the starting axe
>>
>>165369046
a club

any club
>>
>>165368521
>getting caught in its charge ONCE knocks you back into its mouth and instantly kills you
Level up VIT lmao
You killed the Channeler, right?

>>165369046
Quelaag's Fury Sword
>>
>>165368941
55 isn't too bad
12 vig is kinda bad though, 27 is the first big breakpoint you're expected to hit. Even my Sl26 has 27 vig, those first 27 levels give you a lot.
>>
>comfy
>good looking
>good stats distribution
>available early in the game so you can upgrade it right away
Give me 1 (one) reason to use something other than Knight's set in any of the games
>>
>>165369194
Aye.
~1.68 million sales worldwide of physical copies for PS4
~1.3 million estimated owners on steam

I'd think that there would be another digital retailer besides steam for countries that steam doesn't sell well to (such as ironically china) but I've got nothing for them.
>>
I swear I've died more to Abyss Watchers than any other boss in the series
They're not even hard, I don't know why they give me so much trouble
>>
>>165369427
You're too busy ejaculating to the music/atmosphere
>>
>>165369415
I don't like the open helmet, so I just use the Elite Knight helm with the set.
Also the EK gauntlets since they look exactly the same but have better stats.
>>
>>165366249
He probably liked WoWsouls 2
>>
>>165369046
Literally anything that benefits from Dec at all

The only requirement for pyros aside from att slots is that they need 40 to 45 dex
>>
File: 1460097303087.gif (209KB, 480x317px) Image search: [Google]
1460097303087.gif
209KB, 480x317px
I miss the DS2 Long Sword moveset.
>>
Is it worth playing Dark Souls 1? I had a save probably around 70% done but somehow it corrupted a few years back and I lost my progress. Now my DS fix and all that shit is all fucked up and I want to use a mouse and keyboard. Idk if it is worth doing. I do sort of want to beat it though before I consider buying the second game.
>>
>>165369723
I only miss holding it at my side, Ds3 has a better moveset save for the pointless 2hr2s
>>
>some dude charges me down and attacks me while I use at the start of a match
>beat him to death with my catalyst
Is this kind of thing normal in the arena? People really suck
>>
File: Untitled.png (964KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
964KB, 1920x1080px
>>165369526
best fashion
>>165369832
yes
>>
>>165369832
Yeah

Just remember:

res is the worst stat to level

pick the class with the fewest levels wasted on stats you don't want, with the exception of res since starting res doesn't add to starting sl

and look up which att levels actually give you att slots
>>
>>165370108
>EK leggings
>>
>you can start up a longsword r2 at the same time as a greatsword r1 and still roll out in time
From really dropped the ball with some of these recovery frames in DS3
>>
>>165370163
>not liking the actually armored leggins
>>
>>165369906

I wish they would bring back the DeS style of holding small weapons, it looks so much cooler than awkwardly pointing it up at all times.
>>
What level am I supposed to be fighting Spooky McBlingBling?
>>
File: DATA 2017-01-11 00-34-07-99.png (939KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DATA 2017-01-11 00-34-07-99.png
939KB, 1280x720px
>>165368521
>first time playing
>go human before Gaping Dragon
>summon both Lautrec and Solaire
>beat its butt while both phantoms die, kill dragon
>"oh no they're both dead"
>go back to Firelink all depressed
>see Lautrec
>*whew*
>accidentally R2 pyromancy trainer, kill him
>restart game because I didn't know you can get sins forgiven

2nd run through feels extremely easy now that I understand combat. Also I killed the hellkite. Pic is me outside the bonfire. Don't have 'praise' yet so shrug had to suffice.
>>
>>165363149
I bet you bow before each fight too huh?
There's nothing wrong with using the whip.

>>165363578
I'm not going to go for 50 dex while being a pyro, and I want to focus more on the whip and sword over actual pyromancies. Spells suck in PvP in DS3. Magic was perfect in 2 and now it's the same garbage as DS1 had where it required stupid fucking accurate precision and timing. I would do more, but the meta is 120 and that's kind of shit for using both a whip effectively and pyromancy.

I love the whip though. Flamberge just because it's the only sword I have at the moment really.
>>
>>165370372
I like the studded look of the thighs on the regular Knight leggings.
>>
>>165370527
>>165363578
Also I'm not going to get Ethereal Oak, I'm not paying 14 dollars for the worst DLC.
How much stamina should I go for? I don't see how to increase it and still be at level 130.
40/40 is nice for chaos fireballing everything in PvE by the way. Vit is because I don't know what armor I want to wear yet. Also I just use the shield to pull out the special whip move whenever instead of having to two hand it.
>>
>>165370527
Did you even check his build? He should either focus on actually getting attunement slots and become a real pyro or focus more on the whip damage in which case vestiges are worthless.
>>
>>165370115
Would hunter work well?
>>
File: take-care-of-a-pregnant-dog.jpg (30KB, 540x385px) Image search: [Google]
take-care-of-a-pregnant-dog.jpg
30KB, 540x385px
>>165369941
>izalith catalyst damage
Why is it so high?
>>
>>165370839
>>165370527
Sounds like you should just play DaS 2 or 1 since you aren't enjoying 3 at all
>>
>>165370926
all starting classes except deprived are good
don't listen to that anon's meta shit and do whatever you want
i always pick stuff based purely on fashion and never had a problem in pve
>>
File: pirate-hernry-morgan.jpg (92KB, 1012x692px) Image search: [Google]
pirate-hernry-morgan.jpg
92KB, 1012x692px
For a pirate build in Dark Souls II, should I use Espada Ropera, or Melu Scimitar?

Sanctom Crossbow for a firearm, or Forbidden Sun as a cannon?
>>
>>165370992
I was actually using the ariandel flail
>>
>>165370850
>in which case vestiges are worthless
Can swap it out for chaos fireball in pve, that's why I have it.

What build? He didn't link me a build.

>>165371096
I haven't played 3 much, I just don't like the magic in it. Where are you getting this from? I never said I'm not enjoying it. I will say it's not the typical Souls game at all though.

>>165371149
Forbidden Sun is always fun.
>>
>>165370839
Endurance soft caps at 40 or so. I just keep it there. 40 end. + Chloranthy ring is nuts
>>
>>165371283
So what would I take points from for that? Also that seems a bit unecessary. Should I just go to level 150? Do people play at 150? I heard the meta is 120, but 120 does seem kinda low.
>>
File: basilisk.jpg (31KB, 418x345px) Image search: [Google]
basilisk.jpg
31KB, 418x345px
>>165370494
The first time I played Dark Souls, I got two characters stuck at and never past Gaping Dragon. I just couldn't beat it, so twice I thought 'I must have fucked up my stats and equipment, I better restart.' As it turns out I was just really shitty because I hadn't figured out stuff like roll weights and lock ons, and I'd been making the fight harder for myself by summoning both Solaire and Lautrec, who die super quickly and leave you to face a GD with an inflated health pool.

After that I got gud at the game and found almost the entire thing a fucking breeze. Now I'm doing my fourth or fifth playthrough and I'm having to relearn everything. It's my first time playing since DaS3 came out, and DaS1 is an entirely different beast: it feels so much slower, and reaction timing is so much more important.
>>
>>165371275
>I'm not paying 14 dollars for the worst DLC

No souls game is worth it if you don't want to get the DLC.
>>
>>165369415
Battle axe is a pretty good early game weapon in DS3
Can't remember if the battle axe is any good in ds2 bacause ds2 was my first souls game and I sucked with the warrior starting class. Switched it to knight because light is the most noob friendly
>>
>>165371542
I do dislike the dlc for the unbalanced weapons it brought in. Going to need some patches for that shit fast. Its stupid how much better the etheral oak shield is compared to the ancient dragon greatshield.
>>
>>165371420
Well, I'm just reading off of my first playthrough natural build. I've never played pyro, so I wouldn't know what to distribute

I would say go fight stuff, if you find yourself running out of stamina a lot, pour more points in
>>
>>165371831
It's stupid how good gold tracer, ice rapier and saif were too.
>>
>>165372078
Forget the saif, the rakuyo remains the most busted weapon FROM has ever put in one of these games.
>>
>>165371542
What?
All it has shit weapons, a few spells, and another stupid fucking giant dog. I bet you stand under it to beat it just like all the pothers. maybe it vomits too.

>>165372062
Ah, I see. Well I feel okay on stamina, but I could use more.
Maybe go up to 150 then?
>>
>>165372078
And isn't the drakeblood armor from sunken king objectively superior to faraam?
>>
File: feels red man.png (29KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
feels red man.png
29KB, 128x128px
>Dumb cunt in arena tries to pull mind games
>Starts sprinting and twitching around spastically
>Walk up to them and fucking kill them
Is there anything more satisfying?
>>
I am a poorfag but want the 2nd and 3rd game. What is the absolute least i can spend on getting them both for steam? Yes steam because I want to fight for achievements instead of torrenting the games. Plus torrenting is pretty dead now since KAT and TPB are gone.
>>
>>165372541
dumb faggot
>>
>>165372541
you can buy sotfs keys on like g2a or some shit or wait for a sale
same for das3 probably
what's the point of your question? we don't hold /dsg/-specific sales here
>>
>>165362791

I just got through that area an hour ago and picked it clean. Easily one of the shittiest areas in III, even worse than Farron Keep.

But the rewards are good, good enough to get me to return next playthrough
>>
>>165372502
I think what they're trying to do is the DS2 strategy of giving so many inputs, the game fails to show you some of them on the other end.
Which means they can sometimes get attacks with nearly no animation off.
>>
>>165372752
Well I can say for certain that some of the peopke here were VERY giving on christmas. I got like 4 major games from people and gave out 7.
>>
>>165372878

That doesn't work in DaS3, right?
>>
>>165372409
Many of the weapons are quite good, actually.
Spells aren't that great.
You can't stand under the wolf without getting fucked. And it doesn't vomit, I have no idea what would make you think it would.
The DLC isn't nearly as long as the Crown ones or TOH, but there's more to it than what you apparently think is in it.
At the same time, I don't agree with >>165371542, there's nothing in this one that's a must-have.
>>
>>165373006
No, it doesnt, hence you walking up and killing them
>>
>>165373104
It vomits ice.
>>
>>165373104
>Many of the weapons are quite good, actually
You mean broken?

>I have no idea what would make you think it would.
The giant rat dog in 2.
Why can't you stand under it, what do you do for it then? Just roll like every other boss in the game?
>The DLC isn't nearly as long as the Crown ones or TOH, but there's more to it than what you apparently think is in it.
I just don't think what little it gives is worth 15 dollars.

>>165373154
Pls don't be serious, that would be so goddamn stupid if it did.
>>
>>165373281
They're no more broken than in other dlcs
>>
>>165373154
Forgive me, I remembered it as a breath attack.
Though maybe breath and vomit are interchangeable.
>>
>>165373104
The end boss is one of the best in the series so far. Its in my top 10s
>>
>>165373104
>And it doesn't vomit
Yes it does.
>>
>>165373392
>The end boss is one of the best in the series so far. Its in my top 10s
Why is that?

>>165373414
>>165373364
Oh my god. That's lame. Fuck fromsoft and their giant furry fetish.
>>
File: Pontiff_Knight.jpg (224KB, 594x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Pontiff_Knight.jpg
224KB, 594x1077px
I am really getting sick of IIIs fetish for giving every enemy a five-attack combo
>>
>>165373506
BUT IT MAKES THE GAME HARDER
YOU NO RIKE IT?!
>>
File: 1464617527959.webm (966KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464617527959.webm
966KB, 848x480px
>>165373506
>>
File: ௵.jpg (21KB, 372x260px) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
21KB, 372x260px
>>165373281
It does spit ice.

>>165373364
I assumed that the dude meant 'breath attack' and was just saying 'vomit' as it's a negative word which shows how fed up he is with all the big animals that spit things.

>>165373505
I honestly don't mind the giant animals, I just wish they did something other than fucking dogs and dog-like rats. The cats in Ivory King were... kind of a breath of fresh air but ultimately very similar.
>>
Do most people just go through Farron unkindled or offline? Or is it the same case as BS and DM in which some people never get auto-summoned?
>>
>>165373505
The different stages
The first stage was a bit unmemorable but a little fun

The second stage has obvious O&S influence

The 3rd stage is tough, but not unfair. Reminded me of Artorius with how aggressive she was
>>
>>165373506
They had to do ti because that's the only thing that can stop players from just spamming roll mindlessly.

They kind of cornered themselves on game design in DS3. Nothing is challenging because rolling is so strong. The only things that are vaguely challenges are bosses with extremely little downtime between attacks and those with very high hit combos. So pontiff and nameless kind, basically.

Everything else you just look at the attack and roll straight into it. That's it.
>>
>Go through as Pyromancer run in DaS
>Grab curved sword
>Go to grab the BTSR
>Black Knight Sword drops
FUCK
>>
>>165373281
>what little it gives
>some of the fanciest weapons of all souls games
>one of the best bosses that has a content worth of 3 boss battles
>more enemy variety than any other single souls dlc
>some pretty big open areas with virtually no fog walls all the way to Friede perfect for invasions
>what little it gives
>>
>>165371420
Go to SL 150 if you wish, PvP dies around 300
A lot of people play at 150 range, it gets harder/longer to find players past 230
You'll almost never find anyone for PvE though, may it be 120 or more, you'll find more people to PvE with at lower levels
>>
>>165373506
You'd have thought pre-patch drakekeepers would have made them rethink this kind of thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIqMqzt0Af8
It gets obnoxious after a while.
>>
>>165374038
BKS will get obsolete before you know it
>>
I just beat the nameless king. My heart hasn't raced this much since I beat Gwyn in DaS1.

Good golly
>>
>>165374150

is that a mace or a fucking giant rubberball attached to a pole?
>>
>>165374150
>pre-patch
Those guys still pull that shit. If they were patched, it didn't do its job right.
>>
>>165372541
If you're from Europe you can try instant-gaming, they sell keys at pretty low prices, or g2a like an anon said
>>
File: 1472078541906.jpg (9KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472078541906.jpg
9KB, 214x200px
>dread pontiff sully every plauthrough
>beat him first try in under 90 seconds
This means i will die 7 times to aldrich
>>
>>165373768
>I just wish they did something other than fucking dogs and dog-like rats.
Yeah, that's more of what I meant.

>>165374091
>one of the best bosses
What makes it so special?
That's all pretty meh to me.

>>165374131
Well I kind of want this build for pvp I guess. Idk how good it'll be though, so I don't want to make a huge gamble. That's why I'm asking about what should I do.

>>165374229
Oh man, I forgot I'll have to fight him for stuff. I fucking hate Nameless King.
>>
>>165374468
Go for 150 then, PvP is almost as active as 120. More than 150 and you wait a few minutes between each invasions/duels
>>
>faggot with a quickstep knife in full thorns
>whip out the earthseeker, turn my back to the wall, and just keep spamming WA
The desperation in his movements as he eratically tried to escape the gangbang of quakes
>>
>>165374221
>bks
>obsolete
You are confusing it with drake sword, anon
you can go through entire ng with it easily
>>
>>165374648
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/134680
Is that a better setup? I don't know about gauntlets yet, or if I'll keep the flamberge in the long run, but I got it at +10 and infused with refine atm and it's carried me through a lot. Even if it's kinda shitty. It just has that first pokemon caught feeling for me with this build.
>>
>first time fighting Gwyn
>remember all the posts and parry his jump attack
>"boy this is gonna be easy"
>die instantly to a 3 hit combo
reminder to never get cheeky
>>
>>165374909
It's simply not worth the stat investment, especially for a pyro who will just rape the second half of the game with kellogs as melee backup.
>>
>>165372923
You lucky motherfucker

I didn't get anything in the beg threads, and I was asking for shit that was 5 dollars maximum
>>
File: 1476140653967.jpg (90KB, 951x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1476140653967.jpg
90KB, 951x1021px
>>165374221
>extremely high base damage
>30% damage buff against demons
>obsolete
Its like 40 ar less than a quality claymore.
>>
>>165375361
>heavy as shit
>slower than other greatswords
if you can wait up to sen's, man-serpent GS is a much better choice and needs only 27STR to reach the damage of quality claymore in 2h, which is the same stat investment as base stats for BKG
>>
>>165375160
>first time seeing black knight in DaS3
>remember their move sets and timings
>parry him twice in a row and kill him
>feelsgood
>see black knight with great axe
>get fucked in the arse
I got cheeky too friend
>>
>>165375160
Fun fact, it's the exact same timing as against pontiff. Learn to do that one then you can learn to do the other
>>
>>165375361
>30% damage buff against demons
Modifiers like this don't actually work in DaS1.
>>
>>165375132
>dark flamberge
>less AR than a dark longsword
lel
>>
>>165375543
too bad i won't be playing das3 any time soon
>>
File: 1474173811356.jpg (450KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1474173811356.jpg
450KB, 1600x1200px
>tfw killing all three Ruin Sentinels before your resin goes out
>>
>>165375591
No need to be a dick anon.
Why would i use a dark longsword? That seems like it'd be much easier to parry or get fucked up with.
>>
>>165375535
Yeah but you can't max a man serpent greatsword before quelagg
>>
>>165375706
that mousepad would've been pretty fucking cool without the pedo part
>>
>>165375132
It looks breddy gud
You should replace ring of steel protection with another ring, this one is useless for both PvE and PvP
You can also put another spell with 18 ATT. You could put black serpent
Flamberge is a good weapon, any weapon is a good weapon as long as you like to play with it any weapon gets good when you git gud, or more when you get used to it
With 40 DEX you can try dex weapons too
>>
>>165375573
?
Lost Izalith is a breeze if you wield BKS
>>
File: 1425839287732.gif (3MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1425839287732.gif
3MB, 255x191px
>>165374717
>Quickstep fag
>Activate spinning WA
>>
>>165374150
This should be the final boss.
>>
>>165375871
>this one is useless for both PvE and PvP
Really? I think 10 for damage absorption is pretty decent.

>You could put black serpent
Everyone always dodges that, put I guess I could use it.

>With 40 DEX you can try dex weapons too
Yeah I was thinking about experimenting with some of them.
>>
File: 20170112214619_1.jpg (567KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170112214619_1.jpg
567KB, 1680x1050px
Good times with torches
>>
>>165375361
I now want a dark sign sticker for my laptop but I don't want to show my power level to my normie colleagues
>>
>>165375871
>any weapon gets good when you git gud, or more when you get used to it
I want to see you wreck shit with wooden hammer.
>>
>>165375985
Not him but pretty sure lost izalith is a breeze no matter what you do
i only ever died on the centipede demon
>>
>>165374150
>that hitbox porn
>>
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/134685

Any suggestions for the fourth ring? Should I replace any? Critiques on the stat investments?
>>
>>165376249
>dying to centipede demon
haha loser
>>
Patch when
News when
DLC when

I need some reason to play this game again. Why has there been total silence for so long?
>>
>>165376451
>post about dying to any boss in the series
>obligatory "haha loser" reply
kill you're self
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOMB4Ngs90c
Wow, this seems kinda broken. Weird that i haven't seen people using it.
>>
>>165376063
Armor doesn't matter anymore in DaS3, not as much as previous games. A heavy armor like Havel's will maybe save you from 1 hit, but with a light armor, like clothes, you can't take that 1 more hit. Can be useful sometimes, but isn't worth all the levels that needs to be put in VIT
You could change your fashion to get something a bit more light, so you can remove Havel's Ring and replace it with another one
I was thinking about the pyromancy rings, you'll get more damages with them

You could use another spell than black serpent if you don't want to use that one; carthus flame arc, so you can buff your weapon to get a bit more damages
>>
>>165376554
kys ur self
>>
>>165375573
Yeah they do. I just tried it against a couple of Batwing Demons in Anor Londo. My Claymore +15 with 531 AR did 449 on an R1, my Black Knight Sword with 517 AR does 522. Trying the same two weapons against a Silver Knight yields 409 for the Claymore and 393 for the Black Knight Sword. Maybe the effect isn't as powerful as it should be, but it is present.
>>
>>165376451
>dying ever
>ever increasing vig/vit
Just dont get hit, bro.
>>
>>165376234
Alright, let me git gud with it first, I never used it, I love UGS even though it's slow like great hammers, but I dislike great hammers somehow
>>
>>165372502
>DID THIS NIGGA JUST WALK UP AND DOWN SMASH?
>>
File: 1471572133885.jpg (37KB, 491x315px) Image search: [Google]
1471572133885.jpg
37KB, 491x315px
>use tears of denial
>other guy uses a weapon buff
>throw duel charm at him
>he realizes what I'm doing
>stands still to throw a duel charm back at me while I throw one at him
>we're now both duel charmed
>his buff is stripped, mine is not
OUTPLAYED
>>
>>165377159
>throws a knife
>rolls with thorn armor piece
wow man
>>
>>165376562

What is it with pivots and Fromsoft? DeS and DaS also had pivot related glitches with spells.
>>
>>165376707
>You could change your fashion to get something a bit more light, so you can remove Havel's Ring and replace it with another one
But I like some of the armors and they weigh a fair amount. I want to look cool too dammit.
Why did they have to make such a fucked up stat like vit?
>>
>>165377576
So you babies will not be able to have 170 stamina and fast roll in full havel's without compromising your other stats.
>>
>>165377576
U RIKE ?

I can't wear some armors with my pyro because it gets me over 70%
>>
>>165377482
All three games use the same engine, it's no surprise that the same shit is broken. From is practically Japanese Bethesda with their inability to move on from that engine.
>>
>>165377296
>not getting the point
we traded duel charms and he lost the trade
>>
What's it looking like for the second DLC?
>>
>>165377873

They fixed DaS pivot casting but somehow it's back.
>>
>>165377696
>to have 170 stamina and fast roll in full havel's without compromising your other stats.
But Havel's is shit in this anyway.
>>
>>165378052
Are you one of those poise deniers?
>>
>>165378197
I don't know.
I don't know what a poise denier is anon.
Let me guess. I bet you think poise is still in the game.
>>
>>165377948
That one Slavic dude who makes videos about cut content and shit claims he's found stuff in the game's files that translates to stuff like 'City of Hollows' and 'Hollow Priest.' If he's telling the truth then it sounds like we might be going to Londor but apparently he's a notorious bullshitter, and the names of stuff in the files are often nonsense/only vaguely related to their final form.
>>
>>165378407
Have they given a timetable at least?
>>
File: 1405622962783.jpg (181KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1405622962783.jpg
181KB, 750x750px
So does anyone know how the lift bug works or has anyone else ran into it? A minute ago I invaded a host who lured me over to the lift at pontiff and I fell through the floor.
>>
>>165373506
Most enemies with that kind of flailing combo gets stunned when you block their attacks with a shield. It gives you free hits.
>>
>>165378310
Yes it is. Can you prove otherwise?
>>
tfw 2 intelligent to dislike ds2
>>
>>165379125
>tfw you enjoy the things that you enjoy and not the things that the mongolian cave painting tells you to enjoy
>>
>>165379101
You flail like a fucking retard anytime something hits you. Fucking daggers and curved swords break most limits. It only works if you attack and even then you need a shitload of vit for it to be viable.

It might as well not be there at all and just removed from the fucking game.
>>
>>165379226
>I enjoy the feeling of being shat on. If you don't you're just listening to peer pressure!
>>
>>165379276
Just because it's shit doesn't mean it doesn't exist, anon. Poise is in DaS3, it just doesn't work the same as in DaS1.
>>
>>165379445
>Just because it's shit doesn't mean it doesn't exist, anon.
I said it might as well not exist, why do you defend it, and then call it shit?
What is your angle here?
>>
>>165379383
>scat is objectively wrong because my friends told me so
Great arguments, there.
>>
>>165379276
So you don't even know that hyperarmor mostly depends on weapon used and not armor? Nice
>>
File: 15241388.jpg (8KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
15241388.jpg
8KB, 250x188px
>>165379383
>Not being into scat
lmao ok
>>
>>165379574
>>165379641
how to spot a kraut: 101
>>
>>165379576
>So you don't even know that hyperarmor mostly depends on weapon used and not armor? Nice
No I know that, and that's fucking gay that it's a hidden value with weapons.
Really, really, really fucking gay. It should have stayed like poise in DS1 or just removed altogether.
>>
>>165378741
That's probably just the game being janky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPwXrJwNfUM
>>
>>165379540
Yes, you said it might as well not exist (>>165379276), after previously saying it doesn't exist (>>165378310). I'm not defending poise, I'm just saying that you're wrong to say it doesn't exist.
>>
>>165373697

THE KNIGHTS ARE NOT FOR BULLYING
>>
>>165379790
Yes, and you're being autistic and taking what someone says literally.
Excuse me, I don't have autism.
>>
>>165379751
REEEE WHY CHANGE ANYTHING MIYASUCKY SHOULD JUST RELEASE THE SAME GAME MULTIPLE TIMES BECAUSE THATS THE BEST REEEEE
>>
>>165379886
>Say something wrong
>Contradict yourself
>Get called out
>haha well ur jsut autistic dude i should be able to spout shit without ever facing consequences :^)
>>
Anyone have a weapon rolling chart or something? I want to play a souls game but I can't decide on which or what build to use
>>
>>165373697
What the fuck?
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 256x144px
>>165379863
I'll bully you, cutie.
>>
File: 1478076446813.gif (122KB, 214x117px) Image search: [Google]
1478076446813.gif
122KB, 214x117px
>>165373697
>>
>>165379995
>Say something wrong
let me clarify for your autistim.
It doesn't exist in DS3, as poise.
It exists as garbage
There :^)

But really? You're gonna resort to /b/ level green texting shit because I wasn't being super literal? It says poise right there in the game menus. It's just not poise, it's more like gay hyper armor, and weapons make more of a difference, but they never show that value to you, so it's best left ignored, unless you have autism and love small technical details.
>>
>>165377948
More deaths of fan-fav NPCs

Expect to find a busted-up skeleton with a beard, a HUGE bloody tattered dress, and other such things
>>
>>165380265
>It doesn't exist in DS3, as poise.
As poise in Dark Souls 1 was I mean.
>>
File: 1477371660069.png (180KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
1477371660069.png
180KB, 400x540px
>>165376035
>quickstep WA
>mix spinslash, r2s and delay r1s
>catch them without fail
>>
File: AAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUURGHHHHH.jpg (85KB, 234x266px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUURGHHHHH.jpg
85KB, 234x266px
>>165373697
STOP BULLYING MY KNIGHTS REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>165380000
Nice quads, play with the manikin claws in ds3.
>>
File: HUMAN.png (189KB, 800x791px) Image search: [Google]
HUMAN.png
189KB, 800x791px
>>165379574
>>165379641
>scat
You can have all my disdain.
>>
File: TESV_Torch.png (229KB, 626x557px) Image search: [Google]
TESV_Torch.png
229KB, 626x557px
>>165380596
>>
>hit a dude in the arena twice with an eleonora
>800 damage
lol retards pvping with the prisoner's chain
>>
File: 1483995962871.jpg (50KB, 610x556px) Image search: [Google]
1483995962871.jpg
50KB, 610x556px
>>165380392
>Fighting a quickstep user with a greathammer
>>
>>165380512
Is it even possible to get those early on?
Or would I get softbanned for giving them to myself?
>>
File: WIZARD BATTLE.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
WIZARD BATTLE.webm
3MB, 960x540px
WIZARD BATTLES
>>
>>165376451
Centipede demon is tough in a lvl 1 run.
>>
File: 1358151150812.jpg (103KB, 470x368px) Image search: [Google]
1358151150812.jpg
103KB, 470x368px
>>165380461
>tfw farming Sillyman for Sunlight Medals in this very moment
>>
>>165380734
>>
>>165380869
That's on you for not picking a greathammer with a good WA. Morne's Rage makes quick work of them. A well timed horsehoof kick into r1 will do the trick aswell.
>>
>>165380925
*points you down*
>>
>>165380912
You can get them as early as Farron Keep or just ask some anon to drop it for you at high wall.
>>
File: WIZARD BATTLE PART 2.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
WIZARD BATTLE PART 2.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>165380925
>literally the NEXT invasion was to the same dude
>>
>>165381138
>moonman
>connection error
Pottery
>>
File: 20170112204339_1.jpg (433KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170112204339_1.jpg
433KB, 1680x1050px
why am i being spawncamped by a phlog pyro
>>
File: 1431826413329.png (359KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1431826413329.png
359KB, 600x600px
>>165380869
>beating a quickstep user with a greathammer
>>
>>165380912
Yes, you can get them at farron keep. All you have to do is piss off yuria/kill yoel and pale shade will invade you at farron keep and drop the manikin claws when slain.
>>
File: 374320_20170112174638_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170112174638_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Fuck you, I like this armor.
>>
>>165381267
His face though was funny. I brought him to me twice so I could actually see it before we fought. Had the curved face which was pretty impressive.
>>
>>165381369
Pale shade will also invade you even if you've never met Yoel/Yuria in that playthrough
>>
>stupid crooked crown adds 10% to your sorcery, but 30% to your opponents sorcery/DMB/MLGS
>looks ugly as sin

>stupid sorc buff candlestick has a faith req instead of an int req
>doesn't scale with either one anyway, has E/C str/dex
>even with 40 dex, does less than two thirds the damage of raw ass
>10/74/12 dex/int/fai with raw astora has more melee and probably magic damage than 40/40/16 with the 12.5% magic buff, in spite of using equivalent investment and completely ignoring softcaps
>completely useless unless you're just keeping it on your back
>can't be infused for steady hp/fp regen when it clearly ought to have it built in

how does int work again though? I think the cap is actually 60 and not 40, right? Though it's 40 for MLGS or something iirc.
>>
>>165373697
sh-she's strong!
>>
>>165381412
I like the hooded helmet. The clothe and ropes make it look too clanky through.
>>
>Invading Archdragon
>oh_look_another_pack_of_3_phantomfags_and_a_host
>get annihilated
>2 invasions later
>same faggots
Does that mean those shitfuckers wiped? It wouldn't re-send me to them unless that asshole died and re-embered, right?
>>
File: 1471818274680.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1471818274680.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>165381412
Fuck you, i like you!
>>
>>165381502
Huh, always thought you had to piss off the sable church.
>>
File: damage control.jpg (28KB, 185x274px) Image search: [Google]
damage control.jpg
28KB, 185x274px
>>165380265
>>
If great wooden hammer is so light, why can't you swing it faster than heavier greathammers?
>>
>>165381585

Want to hold my hand, Anon?
>>
>>165381584
Dried fingers I think
>>
File: 20170112204930_1.jpg (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170112204930_1.jpg
444KB, 1920x1080px
Jesus why this shit is so hard in SL1 I never died this much to a boss

I never had any problems with this boss ever
>>
>>165381683
Lewd
>>
File: 014.jpg (159KB, 641x471px) Image search: [Google]
014.jpg
159KB, 641x471px
>>165381765
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.png (43KB, 301x322px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.png
43KB, 301x322px
>>165380734
>>
>>165381425
Oh, you ported him to you? that's prolly why he alt+f4d. I personally do that as soon as someone does anything with CE because most people who use CE will often crash you with bleed arrow spam when they're butthurt

not implying that's what you do but I'd rather not take the chance because it has corrupted my savefile once
>>
>>165381596
It seems like it is tripped by not engaging in the questline at all. If you haven't started it yet, Pale shade won't invade in Farron Keep, but will invade in second spot because the questline is broken at that point
>>
>>165381714
summon Orbeck
>>
>>165381519
60 for court sorcerer staff, int scaling melee weapons scale best to 40, but 60 gets you some points too.
>>
File: screams internally.jpg (19KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
screams internally.jpg
19KB, 202x249px
>>165381125
Alright I'll probably try asking in 6 hours once my game is done downloading.

I've only played through DS3 once, so I'm not sure how long it would take me to get to that area or where the npcs are.
>>
>>165380981
Stop farming my husbando
>>
>>165381714
>have shit stamina, health and defense
>boss is harder
Gee, wonder why?
>>
>>165381605
I hope people breed autism out of the gene pool.
>>
Do DaS3 bans come out in waves when they release a new patch or is it random/triggered by stuff you do pretty quickly?

I figure I'm probably going to catch a ban if they come out in waves, but so far I'm in the clear.
>>
>>165381837
>summon Orbeck
>watch him get ripped through like tissue paper
>now facing a buffed boss with no backup
>>
File: 1366040923345.png (198KB, 315x419px) Image search: [Google]
1366040923345.png
198KB, 315x419px
>>165381904
Lmao he dies even when the biggest shitters with shield of want summon me. What a worthless fucker.
>>
>>165381584
>waah waah people use summons waah
>>
Didn't someone around here have a mod for PC that let you cast/switch spells off of your numpad/bar? That's really my biggest motivation for picking up the game on PC. Having to flip through 7 spells seems like a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>165381801
He wasn't physically there. Only his visible mesh. He had no idea that I did that.
>>
>>165381714
>leo ring
If you're doing sl 1 run then won't a percentage based ring only adds a small dmg boost compared to knight/hunter's ring?
>>
>>165381268
just run and dont get hit by the fire, lmao
>>165381412
the way the hood closes is silly and the half broken face is sillier. the chest however is godtier for a wandering knight
>>
How do I build for Dancer's Enchanted Swords?
>>
File: os.jpg (273KB, 1132x1498px) Image search: [Google]
os.jpg
273KB, 1132x1498px
i've never tried low sl invading
anyone have a build?
>>
>>165382183
Wat game?
>>
>>165382156
40 dex.
>>
>>165382281
das3
>>
>>165382013
you're doing it wrong then
>>
>>165381914
Me too, then I wouldn't have to watch some autist go on about how "Let me guess. I bet you think poise is still in the game." actually means "poise is in the game but I don't like how it works."
>>
>>165382156
You don't. Unless you do a Ciaran cosplay.
>>
>>165382054
STOP
>>
>>165381848
>>165380512
Also what path do I take them down? I legit have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to DS3.
>>
>>165382332
you're taking dicks in your ass and mouth then
>>
>>165382156
DEX>INT>STR>FTH.
FTH only adds damage to the right hand sword.
>>
File: Twonk.png (288KB, 970x611px) Image search: [Google]
Twonk.png
288KB, 970x611px
>>165382183

Here you go. Have Lightning Pine Resin and your 10-12 +8 Estus on deck and you have no excuse to die to anything less than a 1v4 stunlock.
>>
File: 20170112205755_1.jpg (466KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170112205755_1.jpg
466KB, 1920x1080px
>>165381837
>>165381908
>>165382123
Did it. Now just Soul of Cinder and Nameless King

also
>summoning on a challenge run
>>
>>165382183
>Deprived
>Get Astora ss and make it raw
>Upgrade health and nothing else
>Win because a raw ASS deals about as much damage as a refined LKS at 25/25

And don't forget to spam caestus parries with a hornet ring.
>>
>>165382331
Big thing is to not upgrade the weapons beyond 3 or 4, i have heard. Other than that, no ideA
>>
>>165373697
>>165373506
Just got to this area today, and I can only say that this webm pleases me very much

>>165374439
How is hard? Its basicly "ayyy lmao im gonna clone myself now, but ill do it so slowly you can kill it almost immidieatly"

Pontiff is a joke, killed him on my second time in my blind playthrough. Killed the watchers in the my first try

The only remotely challenging boss imo in this game, has been the Old Demon king for some odd reason
>>
File: 1364135750451.gif (2MB, 247x319px) Image search: [Google]
1364135750451.gif
2MB, 247x319px
>>165382365
I'll stop when I'll get bored smashing my axe on his face and finish with ~20 medals
>>
>>165382414
almost everything in ds3 is best off refined with 40/40.

things like crows quills and sellsword blades are better off with sharp infusion and dex

millwood axe is the only infusable str weapon that's coming to mind

The one odd exception is the exile greatsword, which is better off with 40/40 quality stats but with the sharp infusion instead of refined.
>>
>>165382414
Sharp at 40 dex and base str. Later in the game you can upgrade to refined for some added str scaling if you have spare points to distribute. Or if you're a caster base stats and the proper elemental infusion.
>>
>>165382578
>>165382691
>>165382704
thanks
>>
>>165380265
>It's not exactly how I want it to be therefore it doesn't exist
And you're saying I have autism, fucking hell

>You're gonna resort to /b/ level green texting shit
Don't say fucking stupid stuff if you don't want to get memed kiddo
>>
>>165382763
I'll smash my dick on your face
>>
>>165380869
Greathammer user here. Great Mace was a pain but I've switched to Spiked Mace and spin is an effective way of dealing with them. I always have a mace in my inv as well which I often hard swap to when I see they're going to start being cancerous
>>
>>165382345
take a break autismo
>>
>>165382767
>The one odd exception is the exile greatsword, which is better off with 40/40 quality stats but with the sharp infusion instead of refined.

-actually this doesn't hold true while twohanding at 40/40, could have sworn it did. You lose about 20 twohanded AR but gain 10 onehanded AR. Twohanded with 32 strength and 40 dex they're equal.
>>
File: Ornstein_&_Smough_01.jpg (272KB, 443x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ornstein_&_Smough_01.jpg
272KB, 443x600px
Is Smough's hammer shovel charge the most intimidating attack there is?
>>
>>165383085
what?
>>
>>165383079
Backup weapon is a good idea. Need to try the spiked mace but I'll need to collect some more upgrading materials.
>>
>>165383249
no, it's when gundyr becomes angery with red eyes and gets speed lines around him and either charges you super fast or jumps across the entire arena and you're stuck in a combo and get kicked to death
>>
Is there anything more retarded than an aldritch faithful not attacking the host and standing on the side lines when you are both invaders?
>>
>>165380925
>those bars

post your stats
>>
>>165383574
40 vig
40 end
15 str
16 dex
60 int
>>
>>165383485
Nope, fuck those guys.
>>
File: Greataxe.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Greataxe.webm
3MB, 900x506px
Patch when?

Right now there are multiple glitches that have a pretty big impact on the game (Bloodlust glitch, boss invading, healbuffing in general, weapon art skipping), so I wonder when they're going to do something about it.
>>
File: 20170113000737_1.jpg (367KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
20170113000737_1.jpg
367KB, 1680x945px
>>165383025
Interesting
>>
>>165383372
It's really good. I used great mace for a while but people kept bullying me for it so I switched to spiked. The base damage is about the same but the strength scaling is way better so it does like an extra hundred damage per hit, and the spin weapon art has enough hyper armour for it to be a suitable alternative to perseverance. I think it might even have a bit more range, too.

It's a shame because great mace looks really nice and I've been wanting it ever since the Berenike Knights in DaS1 had them, but then it's the shittest in the class.
>>
>>165383643

You're missing Attunement.
>>
>>165383826
Still don't understand great maces scaling. Like C str heavy infused +10. For something like a greatmace I would at the very least expect B str scaling.
>>
File: 20170112181307_1.jpg (358KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170112181307_1.jpg
358KB, 1366x768px
Am I ready for the Smelter Demon?

Also, where's Lucatiel's summon sign? Did they take it out for SotFS or what? I wanna complete her quest.
>>
File: 1469154962057.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469154962057.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
So I've been trying to use great weapons and 3 and are they just mediocre? I've been trying ultra greats and clubs so far (haven't had the privelege to use a greataxe yet) and they just feel so unsafe. My hyper armor will just eat bigass attacks sometimes and then at other times some shit ass hollow with his broken sword will stagger me. They also feel slower in a game where the enemies feel so much faster than they used to.
>>
>>165383795
You'll get raped by Sexyvahn and his stand

I wish I'd have a char around SL 50-60 to do this boss over and over again, truly the best boss of DaS3, but I'm too lazy to start a new character
>>
>>165384168
If you can't find her sign, you've probably missed talking to her at some point to properly trigger it. They did move her around a bit in SotFS
>>
>>165383852
>>
>>165384168
No VGR boys.
>>
>>165384203
I forgot to mention that I also am sporting a heavy dark sword and it has made many encounters that felt really challenging with a great weapon easy with the straight sword.
>>
>>165384286
I talked to her in Lost Bastille and No-man's Wharf, and I summoned her in No-Man's Wharf.

What did I miss?
>>
>Be me
>playing DaS III for a week
>havent been able to find a lot of people to invade/dont get invaded often
>Suddenly yesterday I must have hit dat magic SL right there
>finally get the true DaS experience - invade for 4 hours straight/get invaded myself
>invade one guy who summons a phantom immediately
>both start spamming chaos bed
>kill the phantom
>Thinking "nice, now we will bow and shit, and have a honorable duel"
>fucking nope, summons another phantom
>its the same guy
>hes pissed
>herewegoagain.jpg
>kill the phantom
>"okay, lets just go 1v1 faggot"
>summons blue
>decide to say fuck it, and go 2 v 1, thinking I atleast won in spirit, if they kill me
>Manage to kill host

Holy fuck that felt amazing, especially after the host pussied out 3 fucking times.
>>
>>165384203
Might need to get used to it, but when you do, ultra's are fun as hell. Pretty easy too.
>>
File: SL132.png (75KB, 417x634px) Image search: [Google]
SL132.png
75KB, 417x634px
>>165384317
>SL132
I bet you're a Discordfag.
>>
File: 1.png (1KB, 80x137px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1KB, 80x137px
>>165384167
It honestly needs better scaling to make up for how much it weighs, or it needs to have the current AR but weigh less so it's feasible to use it one handed with a great shield.
>>
>>165384382
You've gotta talk to her at the early part of earthen peak, she should be somewhere to the right of when you first enter the area coming out of Harvest valley.

She used to be right after the coveteous demon, they moved her to somewhere kind of hidden before it in SotFS
>>
>>165384218
I don't even like fighting Sillyman that much, I just do it because there's a lot of people wanting summons for him
>>
File: 1464819508382.png (100KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1464819508382.png
100KB, 292x257px
>>165384394
>the true DaS experience
>PvP
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-12+at+05.22.05).jpg (92KB, 576x606px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-12+at+05.22.05).jpg
92KB, 576x606px
>>165384530
actually 120 :^)
>>
>>165384643
Master race
>>
>>165379789
But he had it all set up with prism stones.
>>
>>165384643
>/r/atheism build
>>
>>165384596
Implying pve'ing to ng+7 is any funnier
>>
>>165384814
Oh man that is a good idea. I should change the name to that.
>>
File: ldim.png (38KB, 524x532px) Image search: [Google]
ldim.png
38KB, 524x532px
>>165384643

le pc master race am i rite?
>>
>>165384576
He's such a perfect boss. What SL are you to get regular summons ?
>>
File: 1451708368460.jpg (865KB, 1717x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1451708368460.jpg
865KB, 1717x1145px
Help with lmao2pursuers

PC, 1m SM
>>
>>165384643
kys
>>
>>165384902
I killed Pontiff as SL36 but I didn't see much activity there. Now I'm SL50 and people summon me almost immediately.
>>
>tfw most of my invasions are just fighting the host at the bonfire as he runs around summoning phantoms
Invasions are just not fun at all.
>>
>>165385131
It's not fun for the host either, so I guess you're both even
>>
File: 20170112212754_1.jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170112212754_1.jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
I take back what I said about homoprinces being hard at SL1

that was a baby fight compared to this
>>
>>165385127
Seems about right. I want to do an SL 50-60 for pre-husbando invasions, if I get to do this fight a lot too I might finally get the motivation to create this character.
Or not. I'm a lazy fuck
>>
>>165383643
>40 vig/end
I don't even use that on my quality build

>>165384643
>1/1
well done

>15 vit
>prisoner's chain
>while at 120 with 40 vig

the damage penalty is greater than the health added, and if you just want 5 end you could use the scholar ring then drop from 65 to 60 into to make room for 5 more endurance

usually you can shave off a little vig for a little faith to get basic regen miracles via priestess ring swapping for more total health throughout a fight too, but you have 1 faith so I guess that actually doesn't apply here
>>
>>165385131
Man just keep invading. If you want some funny invasion, go and invade in the woods, I kept invading in boreal and its shit, as its a hard area to get through, so people summon

My funniest invasions has always been in the woods, yesterday I met 2 guys, who kept doing fight clubs and etc.
>>
Does the effigy bonfire effect prevent me from seeing signs, or just from being invaded?
>>
>>165385542
>prisoner's chain
Nope. Sage Ring+2, Great dragon, young dragon, RoF +2
>>
>>165385301
I had an easier time with Nameless than Princes. Nameless, after you knock the dragon out from under him, just seemed a lot less relentless when you needed a moment to back off. He's only got like 2 moves that can hit you, both are extremely telegraphed.

Princes fight was an assfest
>Oh, you're behind me? Fuck you, my sword hits you anyway.
>Oh, you backed off for one second to regain your stamina?
>*Teleports behind you*

You can dodge both pretty indefinitely without much issue, but Nameless king has far more openings to attack.
>>
>>165385663
why the 15 vit then? fashion?
>>
>>165385816
I need a little bit of armor to be able to hyper armor through straight swords and curved swords. I'd strip it bare if I could.
>>
>>165385628
woods can suck to invade because you can run almost forever in either direction. Even if the host and invader are looking for eachother, it can take 15 minutes to find one another without msging.
>>
File: 1483999920669.png (215KB, 620x525px) Image search: [Google]
1483999920669.png
215KB, 620x525px
Holy fucking shit Bloodborne is tense as fuck. If they had managed to transfer the shit that they did right into DS3 it would've easily been GOTYAY.

>actually have use for torches in Dark Area
>hand lantern is like an improved Augite of Guidance from DeS
>>
>>165384867
https://youtu.be/z2vAK4SBDMg?t=59s
classic :^)
>>
>>165385797
I'm thinking about equipping the bloodring to have more room to make mistakes when dodging NK, because those lingering hitboxes really fuck up my timing.
>>
>>165384845
I'm not saying anything is funny, I'm saying that Souls PvP is an afterthought in a single-player ARPG with online functionality.
>>
Is there no shortcut out of Blighttown in Dark Souls 1? I've always just slowly crawled my way out and through the Depths, and it's annoying. Is there no other way?
>>
File: 20170113004149_1.jpg (316KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
20170113004149_1.jpg
316KB, 1680x945px
>>165385498
>someone unironically summoned 2 NPCs
>>
>>165386430
Take the elevator near Quelaag's Domain up then navigate the ladders. It'll get you out into the Valley of Drakes, and from there you should be able to find your way either to Darkroot Basin or New Londo Ruins - I think one's locked but I can't remember which.
>>
>>165384919
PLEASE?

Every single person I summon is fucking inept and can't kill a single one by themselves.
>>
So what are the go-to weapons for a SL1 run in No Fun 3?
>>
>>165382578
Don't you invade in the settlement? I get invasions at the front gate as an sl 26
>>
>>165386717
Whoever drew that picture of Yukino should just kill himself.
>>
>>165386717
Boys do not have hips like that
>>
>>165386579

Yo I'll help.
Gimme some details.
>>
>>165386821
>>165386812
fags
>>
>>165386491
>host managed to die somehow

Fucking how
Fucking why would you summon more than 1 phantom anyway, NPC or player

I like to summon NPCs then black crystal them out past the fog for the extra hp it gives to the boss, it's a nice challenge in NG+7
I don't get why some people summon that much phantoms, especially when it's the first time they do a boss. One should be enough
>>
>>165386836
>>165384919
>>
>>165386894
I hope you enjoy your anime mutants because that's not how you draw a human body.
>>
>>165386945

Yeah OK.

Some questions:

>DS2 or SOTFS?
>Ring of which God?
>Where would you like me to place the summon?
>>
>>165386378
>Afterthought
Its half of what has made the fucking game what is today, its one of the very reasons we have such a good community today

and what the true DaS is considered to be, will warry from person to person, as its subjective anyways
>>
Why the fuck does Frampt has to do this weird ass noise when I feed him.
>>
>>165386940
>I like to summon NPCs then black crystal them out past the fog for the extra hp it gives to the boss, it's a nice challenge in NG+7
look out everyone, we got a badass here!

npcs don't survive longer than 2 seconds in NG+7. It wouldn't be worth the time to black crystal them.
>>
>>165386940
A lot of them die as soon as Sillyman pounces them and hits them like 3 times. Quite sad actually.
>>
>>165386812
>>165386821
>>165387017

Tell me which weapons you turbo homo
>>
>>165387054
Scholar
No ring
Bonfire
>>
>>165387187

Give me about 5 mins.
>>
>>165386940
>I'm on NG+7
>But I think a host shouldn't die to bosses, because hosts should hide and let their phantoms kill the bosses!
>>
File: 1408917025393.png (99KB, 234x231px) Image search: [Google]
1408917025393.png
99KB, 234x231px
>>165387180
Fuck off and take your ugly pictures with you.
>>
>>165382183
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/134717

Some people will use move the 2 faith to str and use the priestess ring for 12 str/15 faith, which lets you use the oak shield and blessed weapon or replenishment, but BW only adds like 20 AR for 40 seconds while flame arc adds as much as lightning resin for 90 seconds. And generally speaking, killing people is more important than healing as a twink. Having a weaponart shield is nice with a SS cause it lets you l2r2 while onehanding, but the oak shield doesn't have BKS levels of stability, and even the BKS isn't that grand until you start approaching endgame endurance levels.
>>
>>165387104
>its one of the very reasons why the community is foll of CoD shitters and fighting game rejects who have the internet make their builds and then come back to complain when they try to kill someone and that someone doesn't die

FTFY
>>
>>165387167
>look out everyone, we got a badass here!
I'm wondering if anyone else do it. Each summon gives 50% more hp to the boss, I'm still surprised that no streamer or youtuber ever did that on playthrough.

>npcs don't survive longer than 2 seconds in NG+7. It wouldn't be worth the time to black crystal them.
The point is to black crystal them out before the fight even begins. It's easy for Sulyvahn as the fight will begin once you're in the middle of the room, it lets you time to send them back. A bit harder to do for Abyss Watchers or Homo Princes.

>>165387169
Mostly because of panic rolls. Any boss is easily doable after a few attempts, once you get the patterns.

>tfw defeating a boss you died to a few times

>>165387321
What does it have to do with me being on NG+7 ?

I didn't imply that hosts should hide and let their phantoms kill the bosses. It's useless to summon 3 phantoms if you don't know when to roll and when to attack. It'll just add more hp to the boss and will be even harder for the host.
>>
File: 1484173415897.jpg (133KB, 800x1163px) Image search: [Google]
1484173415897.jpg
133KB, 800x1163px
>>165371420
>but 120 does seem kind of low
>>
>>165387793
>look mom i posted it again
The edge is too much

Heres your reply, now please leave as you show signs of severe autism.
>>
>>165387793
>dump main stat/stats until softcap
>enough vit for 50% encumberance with desired weapons
>put the rest into end and vig, att if you use spells
How do they need people to do that for them?
>>
>>165388317
Who are you quoting?

>>165388341
Ask one of the people who does it.
>>
File: squidward stop.png (327KB, 498x359px) Image search: [Google]
squidward stop.png
327KB, 498x359px
Still waiting for 2Purs summon
>>
File: 1484266045082.jpg (2MB, 3364x3364px) Image search: [Google]
1484266045082.jpg
2MB, 3364x3364px
>we will never see something as awesome as Ash Lake never again
>>
>>165388220
>What does it have to do with me being on NG+7 ?
It implies you've been carried there, as you think that summoners should have no interactions with a boss character and you cannot even fathom how a summoner would.
>>
>>165388592
>he doesnt know the trick to despawn one to fight them 1 at a time
>>
>>165388592
I am at work, sadly. If you still need help with it, i will be home in 3.5 hours.

I would advice biting the bullet and just learning to solo them. Best decision I ever made. Most of the phantoms in the castle are retarded or dont work unless they can get a medal.
>>
>>165386736

Yeah it's for the settlement.
>>
File: hJGdgqF.png (183KB, 386x406px) Image search: [Google]
hJGdgqF.png
183KB, 386x406px
>maxing out the Wolf Knight's Greatshield from +4 to +5 with a Slab literally does nothing to its defences
>no increase in stability, no increase in elemental resistances

The fuck? Is this a coding error or something? Starting to think the WKGS isn't worth it.
>>
>>165388849
I got impaled by the Curse attack and the other still stayed.
>>
>>165382183
RAW

DRAGON

SLAYER

AXE
>>
>>165388824
I hope not, it's a shitty zone that relies entirely on its music and it's practically just a straight line of sand.
>>
>>165389026
>he doesnt know to wait for the smoky one to try the dark orb attack
>he doesnt know that thats the best attack to use to get the other one to despawn
>>
>>165388824
The Great Hollow was cool but Ash Lake was terrible.
>>
File: 211420_20170112155442_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
211420_20170112155442_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>tfw I actually found a summon

He must've been idling for hours.
>>
File: 1472211674866.png (151KB, 499x473px) Image search: [Google]
1472211674866.png
151KB, 499x473px
>>165389182
>German Renamon
>>
File: 1468027228996.jpg (65KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1468027228996.jpg
65KB, 460x460px
>>165387434

>animeposter calling on someone for their pictures

off yourself
>>
>>165389182
Where is this?
>>
Lol, I was just able to get the Dragonslayer's spear without beating the nameless king. I cozied up to the game it was behind and I was able to pick it up
>>
>>165388845
What's the point of going to NG+7 if it's to play the game on easy mode ? The only times I summoned were when people asked to play with me, it wasn't even on my NG+7 character.
What I don't get is how much of a noob you can be to die with 3 fucking phantoms.

Also refer to this >>165386940
>I like to summon NPCs then black crystal them out past the fog for the extra hp it gives to the boss
>then black crystal them out past the fog
>black crystal them out past the fog
>black crystal them out

Does it imply I let summons kill the boss for me ? No.
>>
>>165387104
>we have such a good community today
The community hasn't been good for a very long time.
>>
Is Prisoner's Chain even worth using at low level?
>>
>>165389642
>4chan is the only DaS community
>>
>>165389557

Iron Golem. He did fuck all for damage. Must be a noob.
>>
>>165389798
It isnt, but das has had a pretty shitty community
>>
>>165389817
Why is it hard to imagine you'd find a summon? It takes forever to get summoned in Dark Souls but finding a summon is easy.
>>
>>165389642
The community hasn't been good.

Ever.

The only fan communities worse than dark souls are MOBAs.
>>
>>165389798
The only sort-of okay one. The rest are shit.
>>
>>165389923
DeS and early DaS was very good. And then PC came.
>>
>>165389940
I disagree

I think the youtube DaS community is pretty great, theres a lot of great content
>>
>>165389798
If you like Reddit so much you can go back there.
>>
>>165389923
>>
what do you want the inevitable Dark Souls 4 to be like?
>>
>>165389585
You're supposed to. It's the set and slab that you fight the Nameless King to get.
>>
>>165390079
Wut ringz u got, bich?
XDXDXDXDXD
GANKING WITH 6 OF THE SAME COSPLAY
MUH LORE
>>
>>165389497
>getting upset over animeposters
>on fucking 4chins
l m a o
>>
>>165389902

When I played Dark Souls 2, I never saw a single summon sign. I figured it would be the same given its an older game and most people breeze through the game.
>>
>>165389798
You could go to reddit, steam/psn, whatever, we're all insuferable faggots and like being so.

The only acceptable people are content creators making fan art or music and I bet even then you'd start hating them if you heared their opinions.
>>
>>165390225
Good.
Finished.
Actually finished.
Not under Bamco.
>>
>>165390225
non existent
>>
>>165390318
Dark Souls 2 isn't a classic, of course it would die pretty quickly. Dark Souls 1 always has a few thousand people playing it on PC and I can always find a summon for just about every boss. It's getting summoned that is a bitch because everyone just plays as a hollow and only a few bosses justify summoning.
>>
>>165390087
>>165390269

Am I supossed to be offended by this?

Im sorry, ill try to remember the internet - especially the video game general board on 4chan - is VERY serious business xD
>>
File: 1470607865772.png (40KB, 253x238px) Image search: [Google]
1470607865772.png
40KB, 253x238px
>60% of players have beaten Gascoigne
>DSP is one of them
>45% of players have beaten Pinwheel
>DSP is one of them
Literally the definition of a not gud community.
>>
>>165390225
An city builder game where you're managing people in the age of dark.
>>
>>165390621
People who drop the game before reaching a boss or because they can't beat a boss aren't part of the community.
>>
File: 1483855767718.jpg (63KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1483855767718.jpg
63KB, 500x667px
do i download DS1 dlc for ps3
or do i play osrs all weekend
>>
>>165390225
>takes place in the Age of Ancients
>covenants from 1 like the Gravelords, Chaos Servants, and Dragon Dudes come back, along with others like the Mound Makers
>new covenants include a Manus based one and a secret Kosm one
>everything wrong with 3 is fixed, like weapon movesets and balance (very unlikely, I know)
>you can actually meet the lord souls owners, including Gwyn, in a non-hostile context and actually talk to them as covenant leaders
>you get to fight an Everlasting Dragon
>you can see what kind of fucked up shit was in the world before the Age of Fire changed what that fucked up shit was
>>
File: 1482966834634.jpg (16KB, 576x463px) Image search: [Google]
1482966834634.jpg
16KB, 576x463px
>>165390481
>people disagree with me
>am i supposed to be offended by this?
>>
What is the general guideline for the health and stamina stats in DS3?
>>
>>165390992
You want at least 27 vig and 20 endurance minimum, more if you are doing pvp.
>>
>>165390992
Depends on the build, but you never want to fall for the 27vig meme.
>>
File: 1432259490310.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>finally get summoned as a dank moon
>"lol he's already dead, go home with no reward :^)"
>>
>>165390992
Go 120 for maximum 0 variety PvP
Softcap VIG
Softcap END
Softcap 2 other stats of your choosing
Buff weapon
>>
>>165391239
>>165391260
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Capture34.png (173KB, 1173x851px) Image search: [Google]
Capture34.png
173KB, 1173x851px
>>165390621
People buy Souls games on Steam sales and never play them, that's just the way things are.
>>
File: 1484267618953.png (280KB, 1912x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1484267618953.png
280KB, 1912x1029px
>>165391456
Are you ashamed of your open tabs you weeb?
>>
>>165391583
DELET THIS
>>
>>165391583
>best friends plays
Is that the furry guy who wears the skull beanie?
>>
File: 20160728_073143.jpg (1MB, 1681x1260px) Image search: [Google]
20160728_073143.jpg
1MB, 1681x1260px
3 hours
>>
>>165391583
>>165391646
>Shitkakucomplex

Jesus christ man
>>
File: Proof Hunting.jpg (240KB, 676x519px) Image search: [Google]
Proof Hunting.jpg
240KB, 676x519px
>>165391264
>>
>>165391781
>gotem :)
>>
File: 1334511879631.jpg (325KB, 506x631px) Image search: [Google]
1334511879631.jpg
325KB, 506x631px
>>165391646
>browsing Shitkaku complex
>youtube e-celebs
>monogatari song
Just delete yourself from this plane of existence faggot.
>>
>>165391781
Memes aside, 3 hours until what?
>>
File: 1481588528180.jpg (100KB, 496x512px) Image search: [Google]
1481588528180.jpg
100KB, 496x512px
What is the dragon bone smasher of ds3 ?
>>
File: i'm ready to die now.jpg (16KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
i'm ready to die now.jpg
16KB, 600x549px
>>165391456
>mfw too poor to buy DaS3 even on sale
>mfw i'd play the fuck out of it
>>
What's a good level to stop at for a low level PvP build in Dark Souls 1? 25 or so? I can't imagine anyone is in human form before level 15 or so.
>>
File: hobo wright holding binoculars.png (704KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hobo wright holding binoculars.png
704KB, 1280x720px
>pancake Amana sorceresses with greathammer 2hr2
>they have hp remaining but they're not getting up
I feel really bad now.
>>
>>165391973
>CLOSED BALDER HELMET
W H A T
H O W
>>
>>165390754
>Implying people like that aren't ITT right now

Think about it Anon, how often have you come to /dsg/, the place dedicated to Souls, and seen someone act like they know what's what but say something that made it blatantly obvious that they hadn't played the game that they were talking about? I'm willing to bet it's at least once a month depending on how frequently you visit.

>>165391289
I avoid using numbers from Steam for precisely that reason, all you have to do is own the game. With a console you have to actually place a disc in the console, barring digital downloads of course. About 90% of people made it to Lordran by PSN's count so I'd say that's a better estimation of how people who actually started up the game did. I suppose I ought to look up Microsoft's numbers, especially since DaS1 is available on the XB1.

RE: Zero sucked.
>>
>>165383249
That's not the HALBERD HAFT-> DAS BOOT combo.
>>
>>165391973
>set looks great on females but makes males fat as fuck
>>
File: I must go.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I must go.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Here you go lads
>>
File: 1481587865965.jpg (111KB, 496x512px) Image search: [Google]
1481587865965.jpg
111KB, 496x512px
>>165392101
>>
File: tfw no thrust damage.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no thrust damage.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>165391973
FUG Sword.
It's not very good.
>>
>>165392101
Mustard race my man
>>
>>165392227
Nice timing.
Reminds me of that one Thor video.
>>
>>165391973
there's none
not a single ugs outside of des ever matched it or was anywhere close to it
>>
>>165392584
I recently played DeS for the first time and finished it. I tried to use the DBS quite a bit but it seemed really unimpressive, was it a pvp thing?
>>
>>165392312
>heal as soon as you get hit mentality
This is the dark souls 3 target audience
Who does not have to try
Who is babied the entire game by dumbed down mechanics, 3 phantoms, and way of blue
>>
Tying WAs to FP was a mistake
>>
>>165392897
Yes it was, as was not tying cast speed to ATT.
>>
>>165391973

FUGS but FUGS has lost everything unique to it from 2 except for being the heaviest weapon in the game which is a dubious honor considering.
>>
>>165392584
I'm wondering the same thing as >>165392858

>Northern Regalia/War Scythe master race reporting in
>>
File: im going to commit a crime.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
im going to commit a crime.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
Who /criminal/ here?
>>
Do people still play SOTFS?
>>
>>165393230
Yes. I'm playing it right now actually.
>>
>>165393230
On average there's an equal amount of people playing DaS1 and Scholar on PC
>>
File: 374320_20170112194115_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170112194115_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What the FUCK is his problem?
>>
>>165393423
>>165393261
Thinking about buying it. It's the only game where my favorite weapons were viable.
>>
Holy shit the millwood knights are the biggest asskicking humanoids in this game. I seriously cant get their patterns down.
>>
>>165392380
I didn't realise the model for it existed in the game files. Is it an item you can CE in or can you somehow edit the Balder helmet to match it?
>>
I wish they would tweak vitality a bit.
>>
File: point down.jpg (51KB, 497x826px) Image search: [Google]
point down.jpg
51KB, 497x826px
>>165393443
Soulless what the fuck is your problem?
>>
>>165393679

Yeah, I ban him
>>
>>165393506
UGS user here. Yes.
>>
>>165393443

There are some people out there who would rather screw you out of $1 than work with you to make $100.
Because they just want to screw someone.
>>
Is the Black Knight Halberd any good in DS1? I love spears and polearms in general but I don't have the STR for this one.
>>
>>165392858
>>165393082
I remember the damage output with that thing on my strength character being completely absurd, even without using Cursed Weapon.
It pretty much removed any difficulty from the game once I started upgrading it.
That's personal experience though, and I do remember the Northern Regalia being very powerful as well.
>>
>>165393817
It's literally the best weapon in the game by a wide margin
>>
I'm having a hard time figuring out if I have all the estus shards/undead bone shards for my location in DS3

I just beat pontiff and i'm at 11 estus with +6, have I missed any?
>>
I liked how in DeS, when using the greatsword/DBS, your character actually swung it around like it was a heavy as fuck slab of iron/stone. None of that left to right or vertical shit.
>>
>>165394030
Yes, the limit is something like 15 sips at +10.

You'll get cheevos when you max either.
>>
File: Gascoigne.jpg (310KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Gascoigne.jpg
310KB, 1200x675px
>>165391456

PSN trophies only start counting when someone actually begins playing the game.

~40% of all the people that started playing Bloodborne ragequit in the very first area.
>>
>>165393818
Does it need to be upgraded with colorless demon souls ?
I want to try that weapon
>>
>>165394030
You're fine for your location

>tfw I barely had estus on first playthrough and was only +2 when I first arrived to Irithyll
>>
File: 1480009194202.jpg (29KB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
1480009194202.jpg
29KB, 320x283px
>tfw just beat Havil in ds3
Jesus, what a fight
What a great send off for one of the series' biggest returning characters
>>
>>165394030
I twink with like 12 (Or 13 can't remember) +7 in Irythill SL50.

Since you can't get the post dancer ones, you are fine.
>>
>>165394051
I love that too, heavy weapons felt heavy
I'm not a fan of DBS, but every swing felt fucking heavy
Animations were overall better in my opinion
>>
>>165394030
I think you're missing one or two bone shards, I was usually at +7 in Irithyll. Did you get the bone shard from the lightning worm and near the first part of the demon ruins? There's also an estus shard down there but it's easy to ignore.
>>
>>165383485
Realized what's worse.

Aldritch invaders not understanding that they daamge red invaders and they just keep fucking swinging when they miss the host and they kill you
>>
>FromSoft actually nerfs some rings and spells during online play
DaS3 is shit. If there was one thing I liked about these games, it was that what worked during PvE also worked during PvP.
>>
So i guess twin princes are just fucking imposdible to do solo as a pure caster
>>
>>165394812
Even with flashsword?
>>
Gentlemen
How do I counter the Valorheart?
>>
>>165394812
>pure caster
Surprised you got that far.
>>
File: 374320_20170112193023_2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170112193023_2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Kirk>Dirk
>>
>>165394949

Heavy weapons. I think.
>>
>>165395167
Does the Exile Greatsword count?
>>
>>165392093
You demon
>>
>>165394949
The lothric sword r1, r2 and WA worked pretty well for me. But i was rollcatching and i dont fight it much so maybe i just fight retards
>>
Dream fixes from the DLC that will never happen:
>Rolls being so safe you can mash roll whenever someone is near you and you'll avoid them entirely no matter what weapon they have
>>
>>165395227

Yup. I think it's all about draining their endurance and making sure any trades that may happen go in your favor (they still take damage even if they block the attack).
>>
I miss those high heels from DaS2.
>>
>>165394949
Good trading HA weapons, specially elemental ones. Onyx and MLGS would work best. Heysel pick too
>>
>>165393443
Clerics
>>
Probably kicking the hornets nest here, but how do I enjoy ds2? Got into the series recently and I loved ds1. I genuinely think its a 10/10 game outside of some gafes that I expected ds2 to improve on (but it doesnt seem like it did?)

I've tried multiple times to play ds2 but every build just feels like a chore all the way up to dragleic castle, meanwhile I can go back and try another build or playthrough if ds1 and watch the time fly.

General opinion is that the game has more in-depth combat but I find it super boring, so I ask what am I missing?

wew didnt mean to blog this hard but I dunno how to edit this down
>>
File: 1455263621558.jpg (34KB, 710x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455263621558.jpg
34KB, 710x720px
>>165395550
>Onyx and MLGS
I'm not a Pyro/Sorc so I guess I'll go for the Exiled Greatsword.
I'm a dexfag
Thanks
>>
>>165394812
Lorian's extremely weak to magic but Lothric is borderline immune to most of the elements. I had to get a raw longsword and used the knight ring to solo them. Both the homobros and Aldrich are pure bullshit for a mage.
>>
>>165395712
UGS and have a Rapier on your left hand.
>>
>>165394949
Literally everything counters valorheart. Greatsword, Warpick is hilariously OP against it, kicking, twohanding anything bigger than a dagger, parrying, scythes, halberds, any WAs that have hyper armor.
>>
>>165391781
?
>>
>>165395712
Its probably boring because its slower and actually makes stamina usage more important.

I found my favorite part of the game was making new builds and powerstancing.

The dlc is where it gets interesting for a lot of people, as well. I would advice you try to make a powerstanced blue flame build. Was my favorite.
>>
>>165395893
You can get estoc from the smith, but us there a fast ugs like the ds1 zwei?
>>
>>165395753
>dexfag
>exile greatsword, the only strength focused curved greatsword in the game
so this is the power of the 120 community
>>
File: 1477517966279.png (284KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1477517966279.png
284KB, 768x1024px
>>165358801
Thinking about trying out das3.

Only problem is I want to play it on the most active platform.

Which had more das3 players between pc and ps4?
>>
>Just got killed by the Deacons of the Deep

Anybody else die to joke bosses?
>>
File: 1420483464298.png (192KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1420483464298.png
192KB, 300x300px
>>165391781
>gotem :)
>bringing DBS back when Fume UGS is a carbon copy
>>
>>165396127
>Not infusing it with sharp
>>
>>165396145
Probably ps4, but if you have the rig, it runs a lot better on pc.

But sheer numbers i would wager is ps4
>>
>>165396086
fastest UGS is the one dropped by the Old Knights at Heide
You can also find the Greatsword in No Man's Wharf (SOTFS)
>>
>>165396127
>sharp exile loses only 30 AR compared to refined if you go 27/40
>>
File: 1481790540212.png (314KB, 1105x805px) Image search: [Google]
1481790540212.png
314KB, 1105x805px
>>165395028
Guardbreak? From Kirk? God dammit Dirk you fucking useless trash.
>>
>>165396147
But that's wrong, you fucking retard
>>
>whips main thing is range
>most of the attacks are towards the ground
>especially 2hR1s
why
>>
>>165396084
>if you dont enjoy this game, try using a weapon that drops off enemies in an end game area

???
>>
File: 1412783180167.png (23KB, 656x949px) Image search: [Google]
1412783180167.png
23KB, 656x949px
>>165392897
>it costs magical focus points to stab yourself
>it costs magical focus points to swing upwards
>it costs magical focus points to do a running stab
>it costs nearly twice as much magical focus points to do any of the above than use a standard spell
>>
>>165395712
It's probably because you're playing the same build, but with different weapons. Change it up more. Use different infusions, use different spells, use power stance or dramatically vary your weapon choices.

Get into the details of customizing and changing your equipment, try to maximize counter hits or stack spell/ring buffs or run a different weight class.

You also have 3 different paths to take at the start (Heide's, Forest, Pit) and 2 additional paths unlocked around the first boss (Huntsman's Copse and Shaded Woods), so take different routes, warp around, collect items instead of just 'kill bosses'. Don't lock yourself into a linear path, that's why you have bonfire warping.

Complete the NPC questlines.

Burn bonfire ascetics. The game was sort of designed on purpose for you to go back and collect new loot from NG+ areas.

Turn the brightness down so you actually have to use torches.

Don't focus on just one weapon or style, mix up different kinds of spells (Pyro + magic, Hex + miracles, etc.).

Some really fun early game weapons to try out if you haven't yet;
Grand Lance

Greatsword
Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword
Rapier, Estoc
Powerstanced Axes / Longswords
Powerstanced maces / Club
Giant Stone Axe - Dragon Tooth
Old Knight Halberd - Santier's Spear
Dragonrider Twinblade - Red Iron Twinblade
Greatsword / UGS Powerstance
Straight Sword / Greatsword Powerstance

Generally, the higher the counter damage, the more unusual the moveset, and the more synergy it has with different spell classes, the more fun the weapon is for PvE.
>>
>>165396147
>Dragon Bone Smasher
Didn't even have its own moveset
Just basically a Great Sword with twice the weight and 1.5x AR

>Fume Ultra Greatsword
Cool unique moves
Has a niche in being oriented towards countering small and medium sized weapons with timed attacks
>>
>>165396229
>>165396482
That shit weighs 17 units, which is crazy for a dex build unless you wear cloth armor, but wearing cloth armor means nopoise for a weapon that relies entirely on trading and spamming running R1s.
>just go 27/40 it's totally still a dex build
fucking 120s go home
>>
>>165395712
Oh, and do the DLC early on. You can even skip most of the game if you just collect a ton of souls, reaching Drangleic castle only takes a few hours if you use tseldora set, SSR +1, and burn your ascetics on Lost Sinner / Old Iron King.

It's not as fast as DS1, but it's also twice the size. It's a slower, larger game with more of an exploration/customization focus, and it HEAVILY punishes the whole "wear nothing and roll around everything" SL1 'git gud' playstyle of DS1.
>>
>>165394793
Wasn't that also the case with DaS2? Can't remember now.
>>
Making a faith build in Dark Souls 3 is harder than doing a SL 1 build in Dark Souls 1
>>
>>165396676
>he doesn't know that magical points are derived from the strength of a player's souls, the same thing that gives you the ability to wield better weapons when you collect more souls (aka level up)

It makes sense mechanically and contextually. I see nothing wrong with it.
>>
Anybody want to go through NG++ in Scholar with me?
Gotta get that WoG.
>>
>>165397229
So how come it's not a finite resource likes souls?
>>
>>165396813
I appricate the advice, but I've tried all this. I did a hex/pyro build with sone sorcery/miracle stuff since I had the stats, I did a naked power stance gotta go fast build and I did a big guy.

Ill admit that not all of these builds went super far, but it just didnt feel fun. Meanwhile I can do similar builds in ds1 and even if theyre less effective than the ds3 equivilent I'm wsy more into it from the sec I hit firelink
>>
You can spam that awful noise from ToD if you equip and unequip a Lloyd's ring
>>
So anyone got any new funny webms?
>>
>>165395817
>>165394812
If you want to keep a general magic theme instead of respeccing into a melee character, you could just mix in some pyromancy because it shits on both of those bosses.
>>
File: poise.png (216KB, 960x552px) Image search: [Google]
poise.png
216KB, 960x552px
>>165396837
>120

I can do it at SL 100. Exile isn't a STR weapon at all
>>
I miss bonfire ascetics.
>>
>>165397856
I miss twinblades
>>
>>165397064
Only with ring of steel protection iirc. But they actually buffed it for PvE in one patch, not nerfed for PvP.
>>
I really can't into spells/miracles/pyromancy outside of buffs in any souls game. It feels so clunky to use spells compared to just engaging in melee
>>
>>165397856
>>165397960
I miss those spices for stupid people with no faith.
>>
>>165398036
I don't miss those. They were an absolute ass to farm. Good thing there is a CE.

I miss Soul Vortex.
>>
>>165397184
I just run around with dragonslayer's axe and some heals. Too afraid to attune spears and be dissapointed with damage.
>>
>>165397064
As far as I know, the only 'online' nerfing going on with DS2 is that the distribution of defenses for enemies and players is wildly different.

Example, physical defense.

In PvE Each enemy has a set AR, and their attacks have really high multipliers for damage after defense is considered, so your defense has a huge impact on the damage you take.
In PvP, Each weapon has it's own AR, and your attacks only multiply damage slightly, so your defense has less of an impact.

So if you use ring of steel protection, and your defense goes from 600 to 750, in pve that equals:

(200 AR - 600/10) * 5/6 * 4 (move multiplier) = 466
(200 AR - 750/10) * 5/6 * 4 (move multiplier) = 416 (11% less damage)

But in PvP:

(526 AR - 600/10) * 5/6 * 1.2 (move multiplier) = 466
(666 AR - 750/10) * 5/6 * 1.2 (move multiplier) = 451 (3% less damage!)

Because player attacks are more AR dependent but enemy attacks are more multiplier dependent.

Other examples:
Elemental resistance for players varies from 200 to 400, but for enemies it varies from 200 to 700, with the DLC bosses having >400 in every category.

Base physical defense for enemies is affected by the area they're in, not the enemy type, and generally is higher than player defenses, so your AR or enemy weakness matters more than your counter/multipliers for maximizing damage. Enemy defense is ~600 to 1400 with huge (25-50%) variation due to type weakness. Players are 400 to 1000 with very little (10% or so) variation due to type weakness.
>>
>>165397184
Dark Souls 3 is generally harder than a SL1 Dark Souls playthrough. Blacksmith Giant Hammer had better damage output than most weapons players would be using blind.
>>
>>165398370
I didn't have stats for the axe because I was building for the Rose of Ariandel on my SM Pig Girl character. Raw Astora Straight Sword with lightning blade is decent.
>>
How do I into parry, /dsg/?
>>
>>165398284
I miss spells like Scraps of Life and Lingering Flame.
>>
>>165397806
>>
>>165398404
I didn't expect such in-depth answer. Thanks for that.
>>
How did ds1 twinks in low level areas become such a meme that from messed with invasions so heavily to remove them in 2/3? On pc you could cheat to get orbs but wouldnt console players have to beat 4+ kings at a real low level or just make new characters over and over to use the 10 cracked ones (which means you either regrind your gear or give items to other players to alt swap)

Seems like if you have that skill/time you deserve your free gank, espcially since you can just stay hollow or summon.
>>
>>165398553
Practice on npcs first. Get that part down.
Then, get a friend and try to learn the online timing, then look for tells, like them running or rolling into you, and then punish them with a parry
>>
File: 2017-01-12 17-58-12.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-12 17-58-12.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Am I stuck? I can't be since there's an item you grab here...

captcha: painted
>>
>>165398810
Part 2
>>
>>165398929
No, there is a way out. Its a jump
>>
>>165398881
Casuals whining about them. Not about the sunfags with lightning weapons, though. No, those didn't exist. Just the big, meanie reds.
>>
>>165398536
I used raw ass before I got creighton's axe. That sword is so busted for early game it's unbelievable.
>>
>>165399105

Fuck.
>>
>>165399194
You can just drop down a ledge. Do you have prism stones? If you throw them and they don't make a loud noise, the fall is safe
>>
>>165398929
Why are you even in the Painted World?
>>
>>165397603
What's your definition of 'fun'?

DS2 is more fun in the Armored Core / Gran Turismo / Starcraft sense. It's more about figuring things out for yourself in a satisfying RPG sense. It's more about the lead-up to pulling out the cool moves than the actual use of them.

DS1 is fun in the Zone of the Enders / Twisted Metal / WoW sense. It's more about executing careful timing and pulling off cool/flashy stuff to see the effect. Every time you land that cool move is going to be fun.

They're different games. DS2 is probably less memorable or interesting at its best than DS1, but it's certainly very good to make fun. More so when you're on NG+ and doing lots of PvP.
>>
>>165396145

Out of curiosity, why don't you want to play with too many other players?
>>
>>165398553
If you're playing ds3 then learn parrying with a small shield and not caestus. Caestus starts the parry frames so early that it's actually harder to time it right if you have no idea how to parry.
>>
>>165397820
>only 70 FP when spin slash is the bread and butter for exile's insane damage
>having to wear havel's ring just to barely get midroll with no other items equipped
and most importantly
>that disgusting fashion
Honest question here, do curved greatswords even benefit from any bonus hyper armor at 32 poise? My 22 poise exile seems to get poise broken by the same weapons as my 32 poise version, with no actual improvements.

It's also not a dex weapon. It's a strength leaning quality, and 27/40 is a quality build. Hell, 27/40 is the prime example of a quality build because it's actually optimized around twohanding and not just going by SL 120's motto of "SOFTCAP EVERYTHING, NO WEAKNESSES".
>>
File: 1441770919951.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
1441770919951.gif
410KB, 221x196px
>DLC2
>walk through fog gate
>cutscene
>player character walking into arena but nothing's there but a bunch of non-aggro hollows lying on the ground in pain
>purple haze surrounds him
>behind him a large entity comes out of the floor
>heavy breathing
>"Hunter of Hollows"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds9rDSA0Mz4
>he's shieldless and can actually fly around the whole arena rather than float
>can fly up to a small perch and shoot a couple arrows at you
>second phase hits
>he slams his sword into one of the hollows on the floor
>gains red eye glow and his sword glows blue with magic damage, is also more aggressive and shoots a barrage of arrows in his sniping attack
>having his shield equipped shoots him straight into second phase, akin to Raime and Velstadt's helm

>can create his UGS with his soul (comes with vintage WA of shooting projectiles like MLGS), passive ability is regaining HP from backstabs / ripostes.

Y/N?
>>
>Holy Lothric Sword doesn't scale with faith, best on a quality build
>Dragonslayer Sword Spear barely scales with faith
>Dragonslayer spear is best on a quality build
>Golden Ritual Spear sucks and requires 18 intelligence to wield
>Saint's Bident is terrible, has awful faith scaling, and does not have improved faith scaling after buffing
>Morne's requires 50 strength
The only things that approach being faith weapons in this game are DLC weapons (Earth Seeker and Rose), and both are bad or mediocre.
>>
>>165399131
But all the marketing of the series after des and especially after ds1 was THE MOST HARDEST GAME shit
>>
>>165398881
You know how easy it is to get a mule for console or cheat engine for PC right?
If you have the skill and time to spend 5 minutes on google, specially since 1 has no bans at all, then do you deserve to instakill anyone and use 99 divine blessings if they try and put up a fight?
>>
>>165398553
Pick up a crutchstus or small shield and just mash L2 whenever you see the other player do anything that even looks remotely aggressive.
>>
>>165399332
I misread and thought you meant there wasn't a way out. Homeward boned...

>>165399340
Why not?
>>
>>165397603
>I already did all the stuff in the game
>I'm bored and don't find it fun anymore

well no shit
>>
>>165399515
Oh shit, I'm playing DS1. Forgot to specify. I'm actually right at the end of the game, just never figured out parrying.
>>
>>165399569
The fight would be better if you're attacked by his floating weapons and his absorption attack is blockable, however, if it hits you or a hollow in the arena and connects, he gains back HP as well as getting buffed.
>>
>>165399473
I get the comparison but if either game is an mmo its ds2. Game us all about wandering around kinda flat/bland areas getting more cool stuff to play with while the actual combat is kinda ehh feeling where every encounter blends together
>>
>>165389778
It's only worth using at low level
>>
>>165399569
So basically this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib1tQ6X1ccI
>>
>>165399747
Then just practice. Medium shields are ok for parrying in that game. Learn to get that timing down.
>>
After fighting the pyromancer on top of the tower, are you stuck there?
>>
File: 1453216412914.jpg (99KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
1453216412914.jpg
99KB, 500x417px
>>165400000
Yes.
Nice fucking get btw
>>
>>165400000

No, more like basically this.
>>
>>165364213
>Sun Princess Ring
>Ethereal Oak/Dragon Greatshield
>Anri's Straight Sword
>Both Lloyd's Rings
>SL1 twinking
>>
>>165400434
I wasn't SL1 but that setup was a lot of fun for NG+ pve stuff
>>
>>165400065
You bone out. Game even handles you one just for that.
>>
>>165400221
Pursuer is intended to be a Nine Ball reference, right down to the music
>>
>>165400434
Add blessed weapon miracle for more regen.
>>
I hate invaders so fucking much
>>
>>165372541
I got DS1 for $5, DS2 for $10 (both with the expansions) and DS3 for $30 on Steam this past year from sales. Just Wishlist them and wait for big 50-75% off sales
>>
>>165372541
I got SOTFS for $10 via Humble Bundle. Humble Bundle works for steam as well.
>>
>>165400840
Hate me. Loathe me.
>>
>>165397806
it's not enough to cheat your stats but you need speed mult too

sad
>>
>>165399517
70 fp with 5 blue estus on arena, as many as you want in duels outside of it or 1 blue estus in invasions with a refill after every kill, which you should get per 2 bars.
32 poise can beat GS with WA reset. I'll actually let you into a secret, CGS at 0 poise have no difference until you get at least 23 poise. Your 22 poise build is as strong as a fast rolling minimal poise one.

It's not strenght leaning quality. Heavy 51/16 exile is weaker than sharp 27/40 for the same stat investment. Even if you refine it and try getting more str than dex, dex investment is better than str. At that SL, the strongest exile will always be 27/40 and you can't even use the excuse of 2h since it's also stronger 1h. In fact, if you want to get more poise and keep low SL, you'd just drop str to base, 2h it constantly, and invest everything else into vit.
>>
File: pursuerr2s.webm (1MB, 840x472px) Image search: [Google]
pursuerr2s.webm
1MB, 840x472px
>>165399569
> like MLGS
what, on a charged r2? that would be way too slow
>>
>>165401242
>speed mult
That's a good laugh. You can R1 into SGS retard.
>>
>>165401437
what is this
>>
>>165400840
FROM knows your feeling.
>>
>>165401706
Back in the old days of Ds2 hackers could actually do cool stuff
>>
>>165400840
I hate me, too.
>>
>>165401825
Disgusting.
>>
File: b0ipussy.jpg (12KB, 267x187px) Image search: [Google]
b0ipussy.jpg
12KB, 267x187px
>>165400840
>>
>>165401825
God I wish they had made elemental infusions give special effects like that to weapons, instead of just doing super high damage.
>>
File: fresh from the oven.png (96KB, 415x274px) Image search: [Google]
fresh from the oven.png
96KB, 415x274px
You hungry?

>>165402548
>>165402548
>>165402548
>>
>>165400840
>Hating soft red boipussy
>Not wanting to dive on top of some red and shove your tongue into his mouth
>Not wanting to thrust into his behind and hear him moan beneath you

Transient being, nothing has changed.
You would never make a knight of the blue.
>>
>>165401409
>heavy 51/16 exile is weaker than sharp 27/40
Only because of twohanding. 51 strength dumb because twohanding puts you at 75.5 strength, 15.5 points past the second softcap.

>and you can't use the excuse of 2h since it's also stronger 1h
2late

That's the entire reason Fromsoft made 60 strength a second softcap, so you could twohand at 40 strength and still get a bonus. They actually encouraged 40 strength builds with that second softcap but the community still decided that 120 with everybody going 40/40 was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY as a meta.

Just checked mugenmonkey and my build is 23 poise, 29 with wolf +2. Should I even bother with wolf ring at that point or should I adjust my armor to try and reach 32?
>>
>>165400840
I don't like them, but can't say I hate them.

It's part of the game and as long as they aren't somehow griefing me or acting like twats it's fine.
>>
>>165367868
I do anon ;-;
Level 250 PvE STR/FTH main who misses the comfort of being summoned
Thread posts: 756
Thread images: 127

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.