[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Demons/Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 766
Thread images: 116

File: rosaria2.jpg (317KB, 1024x1266px) Image search: [Google]
rosaria2.jpg
317KB, 1024x1266px
MOMMY ROSARIA edition

Turned into a grub >>163304632

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
http://pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
http://pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
http://pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
http://pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>Community & Fanart
http://pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm
>>
>>163374748
DLC 2 W H E N
>>
>>163374748
S L U T
>>
>>163374847
Whenever it's ready you cunt
>>
Topic from old thread:

>>163373253
Because while they balance for PvE, they also want to sell games without causing problems/uproar/completely broken PvP.

It goes like this:

They create "choose your own difficulty" by putting powerful weapons in certain places in the game, and then rewarding players for using those weapons in certain areas of the game, and then make dropped weapons rare 'rewards' to your gameplay to balance out someone who is having trouble and has to fight enemies multiple times. They don't expect you to farm or collect until end game.

Then, bandai releases the game and prowls social media for complains about the PvP while From playtests AFTER release. If people are complaining about something a lot, they tell From to 'fix' it, a la poise in DS2 and DS3. If Bandai didn't care about social media so much, they wouldn't release patches at all except for bugs or glitches. You'll notice those are the patches that get released within days instead of months. Things like power creep from the DLC are deliberate, since those areas are harder/later/cost money to reach, so they reward the single player effort.

This is how you end up with so many weapons that trivialize other weapons in their class.

This is how they've done things for ages, all the way back to the Armored Core days (especially starting with Armored Core 4, which had 4-5 weapons that made the entire game a cakewalk, and TWO HUNDRED weapons that were objectively worse than them. But you would get the 'easy' weapons quickly if you picked the 'easy' starting equipment. Otherwise you had to wait until later in the game.
>>
>>163374886
But i'm ready for it NOWWW
>>
>>163374914

This is the type of stuff that keeps them calling their games "role playing games" even though they're closer to customizable platform/fighters. The DS2 team at least understood this a bit better, since they were the only ones who have ever made a decently balanced multiplayer game at that company (Armored Core Verdict Day) where they made 30% of the weapons extremely well balanced for PvP (all unlocked near end game), and the other 70% extremely well balanced for PvE (unlocked across the game) with at least a few PvP viable weapons in every class or playstyle. Dark Souls likes to keep the two mixed though, so there's no weapons that are obviously intended for PvP and work better for that than PvE.

Armored Core was better for this because it didn't have random drops and >90% of the equipment could be bought at a shop. It was much more tuning-heavy. In Dark Souls, swapping a single weapon completely changes your gameplay, but in AC it's a continuum and all changes you make to your character are shit unless you optimize everything else with each change. Dark Souls doesn't have that, some weapons are just shit and they don't become good because you modified your stats around them.
>>
>>163374914
Pretty relevant to what you posted:
>>163374846
>>
>>163374847
March.
>>
>>163371026
But if the power of your soul can create new materials then why the fuck can't they teleport things? It's not like teleportation doesn't exist in Dark Souls: the player character and bosses teleport themselves all the time. It's not a huge leap to assume other things could be teleported too.

If the clerics are the origin of the spreading darkness then how the fuck would the cover help? The cover could keep the Darkness in once infected by stopping the Pus of Man from popping out, but that wouldn't prevent the cleric from *becoming* a seedbed.

The Abyss Watcher items does not say that the Abyss occurs randomly. It says they will raise a kingdom at a sign of infection. It says nothing about the origin of that infection.

>the Abyss can originate from humans who experiment on themselves without any "external" provocation.
The external provocation would be the experimentation. If I chop off my hand, I will not "randomly" be down one hand. I will be down one hand because I fucking chopped it off.

I never said Manus was fucked with the Abyss from the beginning. I said that, if he is the Furtive Pygmy, then it's no wonder that fucking with him caused the Abyss, because his soul was the embodiment of Dark. And I believe that Manus *is* the Furtive Pygmy, because he's the only member of the four original Lords who doesn't appear in the base game, and as the Furtive Pygmy is the ancestor mankind then describing Manus as 'primordial man' brings him to mind. Why bother having it be 'Primordial Man' if it was just a completely regular human? They could have grabbed some random dumb ass and experimented on him instead of digging up a thousand year old grave.

>>163371347
>The Cathedral was ALWAYS founded to worship the Deep
where is the evidence
I was actually wrong about them coming to worship the Deep. Nothing in the game says they worship the Deep, but rather that they were meant to seal away the monsters in the Deep but came to use their power.

(cont)
>>
>>163375172
>>163371347
Deacon and Cathedral Knight set confirm that this was their original purpose, Deacon set confirms they succumbed to their power. And given that
>The Cathedral of the Deep was founded to stop monsters from getting out
>Cathedral is a physical location
>Deep is more consistently refered to as a physical location than something within humans
Then it implies that the Cathedral was set up, next to the Deep, to keep that shit in check. Why would they bother setting up a giant Cathedral with an order of knights trained to kill giant monsters and a miracle intended to protect clerics working in those conditions if 'the deep is just metaphorical my dude it was inside you all along'
There is NOTHING that says they have assembled a huge pool of human dregs. There is only stuff saying the Deep is a place, it's dark, it's watery, the Cathedral oversees it, and oh fuck, guess what, there's a dark watery pit next to the Cathedral of the Deep.

Deep gem is my fuck up, I thought the description said kin, not ken.

>"Dark," used as a title, means SPECIFICALLY "the Abyss,"
Or, fuck, get this revolutionary idea:
>Dark means Dark
>Abyss means Abyss
>Deep means Deep

If the Deep is regular Dark, why is shit like the insects refered to as being 'from the Deep?' Because according to you, they're the nasty Abyss shit, so why not 'from the Abyss' or, according to your theory about naming, 'from the Dark?'
>>
Is PvP still alive in DaS1?
>>
>>163375303
yes but you'll need Wulf's program to connect to people
>>
>>163375525
>Wulf's program
So PC is only active and console is dead af
>>
>>163375065
They keep CALLING them RPGs though. From Software considers Souls to be third-person adventure RPGs, like Final Fantasy.
>>
>>163375289
The cathedral wasn't set up "next to" the Deep.

It's like saying "I built a church next to hell".

The Deep is a state of being/an elemental energy form/a consciousness/any or all of the above, and historically has fucked most everything over whenever it starts appearing in the world. The Cathedral was established to protect the world from these strange afflictions wherever they may have appeared.

I think the fact that the cathedral was placed ontop a steaming pile of dark/deep/abyss was coincidental, or the abyss actually came there as a result of the Deacons' dark fuckery once they became corrupted.
>>
has anyone else experienced unexplainable screen tearing in Dark Souls?
I have v-sync on in literally every place it can be on (gpu settings, dsfix), and yet it's still happening
This used to not be a problem, but now it is, out of the blue for no apparent reason at all
god damn I hate computers some times
>>
>>163375289
>guess what, there's a dark watery pit next to the Cathedral of the Deep.
There is? Where?

You mean the sludge where the giants rest?
>>
File: 211420_20161221163817_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
211420_20161221163817_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>163375930
I restarted my computer and it's gone haha
have a nice day everybody
>>
>someone advertises pigguman's bb stream
>get in
>he says he's not gonna stream Bloodborne anymore
>cucked out of a proper Old Hunters playthrough again

I swear you do this on purpose just to make me angry.
>>
>>163375940
There's 2-3 maggot beasts crawling around in i t
>>
File: goombastomp.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
goombastomp.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
who bully here?
>>
>>163375940
He's probably talking about the big pit of water where the Evangelist guarding the Deep Gem is looking at it from a balcony.
>>
>>163375693
>It's like saying "I built a church next to hell".
Except it's not because this is a fantasy world where dark, malevolent forces actually exist and can manifest as giant fuck off zones as evil? What's next, you're going to tell me Eleum Loyce wasn't actually built above the Old Chaos, it's just metaphorical?

>The Deep is a state of being/an elemental energy form/a consciousness/any or all of the above
It is a type of Dark/an element, yes, but it is also a p l a c e
It is explicitly said to be a place

>and historically has fucked most everything over whenever it starts appearing in the world
But, assuming you're the guy I've been arguing with, you've been saying that the Deep is completely ordinary, calm, unproblematic Dark, and therefore not a cause a problems. Plus, there is nothing in the lore that ever talks about an 'outbreak of Deep' or somthing, so how the fuck can you say it's always caused problems when and where it appears?

>The Cathedral was established to protect the world from these strange afflictions wherever they may have appeared.
No, it was established to stop nasty monsters from crawling out of the Deep. The only times its agents have gone elsewhere is the presence of evangelists in the Undead Settlement, and they're just fucking with the locals, and when a bunch of the clergy followed Aldrich to Irithyll. There's Cathedral Knights in the Consumed King's Garden but they might be native, because Cathedral Knights are presumably trained in (or their order was founded in) Lothric, seeing as they bear an old Lothric emblem.

>the cathedral was placed ontop a steaming pile of dark/deep/abyss was coincidental
Oh, you're not gong to tell me Eleum Loyce/Old Chaos was metaphorical, you're going to tell me it was coincidental. Right.

>>163375940
Not the giant shit. Go to the balcony where you find an Evangelist with a Deep Gem, or the shortcut between the Cleansing Chapel and where you first enter the Cathedral. There's a huge black pool.
>>
>>163375673
That's basically because the audience has come to expect that term. It's an extra feature to put on the box.

Souls is imo a character progression game like M&B or MGS5 rather than a fully fledged RPG. You develop you character and gear, but the actual 'role-playing' is paper thin.
>>
>>163376890
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO4J5BlwJ58

>tfw farming POCKs and you get one
>>
>>163376792
>It is a type of Dark/an element, yes, but it is also a p l a c e

I'm curious. Is it an alternate dark dimension/plane, like Negative Energy Plane in DnD? Or is it an actual real world place that has been so corrupted by darkness that the properties of that physical location has become all deep-like?
>>
>>163376890
I agree. Souls progression is the same Armored Core formula that was innovative back in 1997. Most open world games (notably Bethesda and the like) have now made that style of progression very standard. MGS5 feels similar because it's taking those mechanics third-hand.

Sort of like how most hack and slash games are inspired from Devil May Cry in one way or another, or most horror games take from Silent Hill.

Armored core occupied this niche 'insane customization' play progression that, while it's not its own genre, has sort of permeated a lot of non-RPG games, but Miyazaki still wants to make RPGs like Legend of Zelda.
>>
File: squid.jpg (77KB, 922x867px) Image search: [Google]
squid.jpg
77KB, 922x867px
>>163377376
The last video game that was truly an RPG was Fallout 2.

Am I wrong?
>>
>>163377304
It's an actual physical place in the world. According to Deep Protection, it was once a peaceful place but all sorts of nasty shit like insects and those giant spiders started living there.

The only alternate dimensions we know about in the Dark Souls world are the Painted World and *maybe* the Kin of the First Flame. The multiplayer aspect talks about going to other worlds but that's never had any impact on the story or lore and is really just a way of justifying multiplayer.
>>
>>163377556
Yes, very. There's plenty of CRPGs around. Divinity OS 2 is just around the corner.
>>
How is throwing lightning in 3? I'm wary of it after what they did to it in 2.
>>
>>163377912
lol
>>
>>163375289
other anon here. those "insects" were referenced in ds1 as well but i don't think they are insects at all. it is known that the dark has corrosive properties and similarly to how you'd feel tingling and biting if you dipped your hand in acid, it seems to be insects burrowing under the skin. i see dark as something of a neutralizer. you could even say then that the deep is the reactor and abyss is the residue
>>
>>163377556
There are many actual RPGs out even now, but personally what I consider a mark of a 'true' RPG aside from the pure game mechanics is having meaningful choices in character interaction or in the story for your character.
>>
>>163377912
I think you mean how it looks, in which case it looks alright.

The damage is negligible unless you pretty much make a glass cannon Faith wizard tho.
>>
>>163377965
While the gnawing properties of Dark are refered to back in Dark Souls 1 (and I believe that's what Irina is suffering from), I think the insects from Gnaw and Dorhys' Gnawing are actual, literal insects (even if they're made of compressed Dark or some balls), because the game is pretty explicit about them having little jaws and actually digging their way into flesh.
>>
>>163378036
Damn lightning's still shit?
>>
>>163377624
What if the Deep is the source of the rot that's affecting the Painted World too?
>>
>get summoned to a world as a blue
>host makes me duel the invader like a fucking faggot
>hit invader with 2 quakestone hammer hits
>380 damage
>invader has around 1700 HP judging by the damage it did

>black crystal out

you may fight hackers alone my friend
>>
File: no.gif (72KB, 269x200px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
72KB, 269x200px
>>163378121
In 3 It's worse than its ever been. Faith is a fucking mess of a stat now. You'll have handicaps no matter HOW you try to build it.

As a paladin, I contemplated suicide.
>>
>>163378135
There's really not much linking the two, beyond Gael's presence in the Cathedral of the Deep, but I think he's just there to pray to Rosaria for help. The rot affecting the Painting World is literally the painting itself rotting away, I think, which has an adverse affect on the world inside it.
>>
>>163378121

You had your fun in DaS 2.

It's over now.
>>
>>163378121
It's significantly worse than shit, anon. They drove every flavor of faith in to the ground. Don't even try to make it work because it absolutely is not viable in any way, shape, or form.
>>
>>163378261
>fun
>DaS 2
pick one
>>
>>163378327
NO
WAIT
HOLD
THE
FUCKING
HORSES

Heal is pretty useful in the first hour.
>>
>>163378472
Heal is pretty useful in arena
>>
>>163376442
Just go watch a different e-celeb play it, they're all equally shit.
>>
>>163378429
It was if you are a magicfag.
>>
>>163378429
>pick one

*pick both
>>
>>163376890
i roleplay as a blueberry that hunts down sinners to atone for my own. i think the RPG element is really up to the player
>>
>>163376442
I like Scribe's playthroughs of the Souls games and Bloodborne. He seems upbeat, not too obnoxious and he gives you neat little tidbits of info.
>>
>>163378512
>>163378472
>>163378327

Support miracles and heals are fine, it's just offensive miracles that are trash. Only poised-up Lightning Stake/Storm is okay.
>>
So I'm testing out parry shields for the first time instead of a caestus, and... is this the fabled "setup parry" I've heard so much about? I could never get this sorta thing to work with medium or small shields, but it actually seems like you can reasonably block 1 heavy weapon attack or 2 medium weapon attacks and then parry then 2nd or 3rd attack after the block if they're spamming on you. Target shield still has pretty reasonable stats for blocking, and gets the parry shield animation.

Still needs more testing but iirc hammers do extra stamina damage to do shields right? With strike damage? I figure if I can tank a 2H'd mace for only half my stamina, it should be pretty reasonable to setup parry with a target shield.
>>
So why don't we have divine aux? what's the fucking point of blessed aside from the near useles regen?
>>
>>163378713
Blessed and Lightning weapons are both also trash, anon, and most of the things that did kind of work were nullified by the Simple infusion nerf.
>>
File: Paladin.jpg (105KB, 543x669px) Image search: [Google]
Paladin.jpg
105KB, 543x669px
>>163378713
>be a support/heal miracle guy
>often play coop
>my miracles makes even the shittiest of scrubs defeat their invaders/bosses because of my incessant healing/buffing

This is the perfect way to play a FTH character.
feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
My steam updated Dark souls prepare to die but didnt download anything.

Anyone know why?
>>
>>163378893
Blessed weapons stop skeletons from regenerating.
>>
>>163378974
Possibly some anti-cheat, but nobody really knows.
>>
>>163379065

Yeah and that's all, and they just regenerate one time anyway
>>
>>163378713
Sunlight spear seems pretty good but I imagine that's with heavy stat investment and rings, and most of my characters wear metal armour so I imagine my lightning defence is pretty shitty.

I use Dorhys' Gnawing as my main ranged offence on one character. The raw damage it inflicts is pretty shit (nearly 100 when I was wearing ring of the sun's firstborn, but now that I've dropped that and a point of faith it does way less), but it does a fixed amount of bleed build up so if you hit someone with it enough times it'll do a tidy ~300 damage, and it's great for tagging people who think they can keep a distance from me forever.

>>163378948
Fuck, I've been meaning to make a low level healslut (male) for ages. I really need to get around to it before 3's online dies.

Kind of painful that I've got 2 more faith builds I want to make in addition to my current one when faith isn't great, and that's on top of a bunch of other character ideas and I've only got like 3 character slots left.
>>
>>163379218
Hey man, at least it's something. IIRC that's about all that holy weapons did in DS1. However, blessed weapons in DS3 are indeed a pale comparison to what they were in DeS, although at least they now do physical damage instead of magic.
>>
File: 1478906638356.gif (248KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
1478906638356.gif
248KB, 500x340px
>>163379250
I feel you man, paladinbro here.

I found switching out miracles for pyromancies on my faith/melee hybrid build worked wonders though.

The only thing I've really gotten working with FTH is that healslut character I talked about. Every single time I've tried making a FTH build based on damage output, I always feel like a VASTLY underleveled sorcerer.
>>
File: 211420_20161221165211_1.png (739KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
211420_20161221165211_1.png
739KB, 1920x1080px
>>163376610
undisputed bullying king of The Depths
>>
>>163378429
good one dasturd
>>
File: huge disappointment.jpg (47KB, 460x464px) Image search: [Google]
huge disappointment.jpg
47KB, 460x464px
>>163378240
>they didn't even give us paladin armor of any squid helmets despite all the throwbacks
What did you expect anon
>>
>>163380030
Or any*
>>
>>163380030

>No Paladin set
>No Grant
>No Velstadt set
>No Sacred Chime Hammer
>No fun for paladins in any way
>>
>>163380241
>dmb+3 buff on the Grant
>1300AR
>one shot Gwyn
>>
>>163379575
>FTH build based on damage output

If you want that then you need to use a talisman and trade, for some dumbass reason miracles are proximity based and you get the most damage when you actually touch people with the catalyst. Also try using a morning star, even if you don't PROC bleed the bar on people's screens tends to make them panic roll and hammers are perfect for punishing that.

Faith would be way better if you could buff blessed weapons but I guess that From decided that only physical infusions should be worth a damn. I mean FFS, if hollowfags can throw rouge on Anri's SS or a hollow CCS I don't see why I shouldn't be able to throw blessed weapon on a blessed mace.
>>
>>163378869

a-anyone...?

p-plz respond!
>>
>>163380241
>still no bramd/dark silver throwback

I'm still mad. It's such a shame they can't do anything with the Demon's Souls IP.
>>
>>163380030
Cathedral helmet made me excited, because i fucking love a bucket helmed paladin.

It was all terrible though. I was so wrong.
>>
>>163374748
Does she even have a vagina? Like, how would you have sex with her, it, whatever.
>>
>>163380481
no one gives a fuck about you, twinking faggot
>>
>>163380793
She has a regular body, you just can't see it because of the grub on her lap.
>>
>>163380793
By sitting on her lap and sucking her booby
>>
>>163380796
Please don't respond to him, you need to starve him out of (you)s. That's what we're all doing
>>
File: 201481144130598734_20[1].jpg (47KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
201481144130598734_20[1].jpg
47KB, 800x450px
>>163380986
>sucking on those crusty old skin-pancakes

Absolutely haram.
>>
File: 1341869173946.png (48KB, 177x217px) Image search: [Google]
1341869173946.png
48KB, 177x217px
>>163381064
revealing the master plan so casually
>>
>>163374748

Is the Thrall axe or basic dagger usable infused (as in, could be used through the whole game)? Considering a Str/Int or Dex/int build.
>>
>>163381668
Yes, thrall axe is better but dagger is usable.
You should physical infuse the axe then buff with your best int buff.
Later on if you want to respec, you can crystal infuse it, but that's not a good plan early game
>>
>>163380796
>>163381064

I asked a legitimate question and you guys are this triggered? Do webms bother you that much? Because you wouldn't be able to know shit if I literally just posted the same thing with no webm like any other anon. Your problem is literally "oh fuck there's a WEBM WITH THIS POST FUCK THIS GUY", so I guess webms aren't allowed here anymore?

Wow. No wonder why this thread is dead.
>>
>>163381668
The thrall axe is extremely good, especially for a dex/bleed build, and its pretty good all round as a light, dodge WA weapon too
>>
>>163381668
Thrall Axe is kind of a sleeper weapon. Nobody expects to see it but it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>163377556
I very much agree. Fallout 2, maybe Myst/Riven, were the first real games that focused on role-playing immersion where your choices really made impacts on events.
>>
>>163381668
By the way, if you do plan on using th axe, go sharp with base stats, it gets around the same damage for slightly less investment on most classes and even heavy you get 15 more AR.
Since you'll go int, you can get the dex for faster casting as well
>>
>>163378713
>>163378240
I wonder how much of that was wanting to make Faith a primarily co-op /support only play style.
>>
>>163381870
no one gives a shit stop posting anytime
>>
>>163378948
>>163379250

This. Faith in DS3 is supposed to be a defense-only playstyle, and only the HUGE investments in the stat yield actual faith-specific offense. You're not allowed to do both.
>>
>>163378713
Lightning storm is shit. The moment you start the animation, someone can actally hit a CSS/CBV before you complete it. And if they are melee, they have time to unzip a crossbow.

I think even another fthfag would have time to hit a sunlight spear
>>
File: ugh.jpg (191KB, 452x487px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
191KB, 452x487px
>name your character Lancer
>use a sword
this triggers my autism too much
>>
>>163378948
post build from mugen
>>
File: Literally Dead Thread.jpg (7KB, 190x107px) Image search: [Google]
Literally Dead Thread.jpg
7KB, 190x107px
kek
>>
>>163383664
If its early on their build, i understand, but arena fucks have no excuse.
>>
I miss by pcfcbfs.
>>
>>163383664
>Metas, the knight of the lance
>uses a sword

>Alfred, knight of the tower
>isn't actually a tower
>>
>>163383975
Been through worse. I actually think we could try something on DaS and DaS 2 one of these days just to see how it goes, could be fun.
>>
>>163378948
>my miracles makes even the shittiest of scrubs defeat their invaders/bosses because of my incessant healing/buffing

So you say. But can you help me beat twin princes on ng max?
>>
>>163384129
as much as I love DAS2 the amount of butthurt one event will cause because of all the different versions and systems is not worth it. Just do DAS.
>>
>>163384019
I miss a few FC which were fun, instead of "WAAAAAAH YOU'RE USING THAT THING I DON'T LIKE WAAAAAAAAHHH"
>>
>>163384234

Do you know who he is? I don't think he has made it past Pontiff.
>>
>>163384320

Literally worthless
>>
>>163384320
Is he the guy who said he has more than 200 hours on the game but never finished it ?
>>
>>163384234
not him, but I could try
>>
>>163384309

You mean the first month before everyone started complaining about the meta
>>
File: 1482184656541.jpg (4MB, 4467x2637px) Image search: [Google]
1482184656541.jpg
4MB, 4467x2637px
What makes a level or an area "Atmospheric" for you?
And what do you consider the most atmospheric areas?
>>
>guy named deus vult in crusader cosplay
>fight him
>he chugs
>he chugs
>he chugs
>he chugs
>eventually I have to chug because he's just straight sword trading and chugging essentially
>he starts summoning phantoms and running away

maybe these people should rename their characters
>>
>>163384610

What else do you expect from trump supporters
>>
>>163384253
I don't mean en event, maybe just FCs or something. I remember some time ago a guy tried to host a DeS one but I didn't catch on for obvious reasons I'm not even sure if he actually did since everyone just shitposted random complaints
>>
>>163383975

shitposters shitposting shitposters shitposting shitposters. just 28 guys shitposting and responding to shitposts, this is /dsg/. the low numbers probably reflect most people getting fed up with it and leaving for good, just leaving behind the shitposters to fuck with each other now because they have no one else to shitpost. sad, really.
>>
>>163384667
#feelthebern
>>
>>163384528
the ability to instill a specific feeling or aura to an area is atmosphere
like ash like or any of the hub areas
>>
>>163383008
>>163383283
>>163383664
>anyone ever using something censored in their multiplayer name
>even when its something commonly known censored as "knight"

Do people WANT their names to look like they were written by 13 years olds?
>>
>THIRD WORLDERS WITH 300 PIING WHO USE BLEED COMBOS

FUCK OFFFFFFFFF
>>
File: 1476388573484.jpg (119KB, 482x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476388573484.jpg
119KB, 482x600px
>>163384667
The fuck that has to do with supporting trump? Are you another mad libtard that wandered out of the cuckshed before going back to fellating ahmed?
>>
>>163384610
>watching an invasion stream
>invades a guy named "Bloodshade <insert some faggy name here idk>"
>turns out he just parry spams with a caestus and straight sword all day while being a summoner class host

where did it all go wrong?
>>
>>163384528
3-1 Latria really makes you feel like you're in some fucked up prison. Everything fits together perfectly, ambient sounds, graphics, layout of the place.
>>
>>163383983
>early on their build
>Faraam armor
>>
>>163384707
Even in the height of Das2 and sotfs it was really hard to get fight clubs up. All I could see was comments like "why no fc on my system" or "why no not-sotfs fc". Once you got it on the system you wanted, you still have to worry about Soul memory which nobody was lined up ever so 2 people show up. Granted, I work 2nd shift so my timing might have been the problem.
>>
>>163385025
Clearly he wasn't early.

Also, what part of Arenafags have no excuse was not clear?
>>
File: 1254832372137.png (535KB, 915x793px) Image search: [Google]
1254832372137.png
535KB, 915x793px
>>163385010
PLEASE
HELP ME

HAARRHHHHHHRHRHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGHHRRHH!!
>>
>>163384728
yeah DS3 is shit and the pvp is shit so anyone with taste (ie people who only really invested time into DeS, DaS and BB) left
The only people left are those dumb enough to care about this game still and old vets who stop by to poke an old corpse with a stick to see how much its rotted
>>
>>163384929
Bloodshades had no real organization to them and after having to witness embarrassing shit by the bloodshades like furry erp in their discord, peeve's next invasion idea had to do with just lul invading around scattered areas without any name attached to it.
>>
File: dead dove do not eat.jpg (61KB, 681x635px) Image search: [Google]
dead dove do not eat.jpg
61KB, 681x635px
>>163384890

it's /dsg/, what else did you expect?
>>
>>163381668

Thanks for the feedback gents, Thrall axe seems like a very good choice. I have a feeling it's going to take a while to farm.

Would anyone be willing to donate one? I'm on PC.
>>
File: 1482116125026.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
1482116125026.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
I FINALLY KILLED THE FIRST BOSS IN THE FIRST GAME AND NOW THESE SKELETON FUCKERS ARE AFTER ME AND I CAN'T KILL THEM BECAUSE THEY KEEP RESPAWNING AND THEY RUN FASTER THAN ME SO I CAN'T EVEN RUN AWAY FROM THEM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHAT DO I DO?
>>
File: ITS HIM.png (420KB, 609x411px) Image search: [Google]
ITS HIM.png
420KB, 609x411px
>>163385067
There have always been at least 5 players in the dsg Scholar FCs.
>>
>>163385350
Go somewhere else
>>
>>163385376
Maybe people didnt like me as a host then.

That guy's Mastodon sword hit like a truck though
>>
>>163385264

but these aren't invasions the guy was literally pro ganking, like a crusader almost (except even that didn't work since his friends weren't all bloodshades too).

it feels weird to be an invader with how disorganized and uncared for the game has become, the company who made it doesn't give a fuck about it anymore because they made their money and the community is a mess with no real direction or sense of purpose. it's like it went from being potentially this great competitive skillful fighting experience to basically a griefing simulator (on both sides of the invasion equation). my goal as an invader has pretty much boiled down to making the host have as bad of a time as I can, whether I actually kill him or not is secondary.
>>
>>163384890
>the bait has been taken
>>
>>163385518
THERE IS NO OTHER WAY. I GO OUT THROUGH THE DOOR AND DIE
>>
>>163384830
Most people are completely unaware of the censors until they have really started playing PvP, because the game doesn't show your own name as censored.
>>
>>163385251

no, see, that's where your wrong. DaS3 is great, /dsg/ is shit. it's basically a dark souls No Exit at this point.
>>
>>163385694
you're retarded and I suggest you stop playing video games for an easier hobby
like hitting rocks with other rocks
at least you can't fail at that, preserving your fragile self image
>>
>>163385861
JUST TELL ME WHERE TO GO
>>
>>163385907
The other way?
>>
>>163385907
to the hardware store
they sell nice, quality lengths of rope there
I'm sure you can figure out what to do after that
>>
>>163385694
Where are you?

You shouldn't be encountering skeleton fuckers until you're mid-late game. The skeletons by Firelink are there to stop you from going to a harder area (if you're able to run past them, there are some good items though, just don't expect to go through).

Try exploring around firelink. There's a few other places you could go, but listen to the crestfallen warrior: you want to keep going UP and look for a bell to ring.
>>
>>163386018
Thank you
>>
>>163385787
>>163385251

DS3 is good. It's a solid game, but it does disappoint in many ways compared to DS1 and DS2. It's newer though, with higher production quality, so it's tough to really compare it on equal terms.

/dsg/ is and has always been shit, though.
>>
>>163385350

>first game
>>
>>163386292

My experience has been that the weapon balance is quite poor in DS3 compared to one and two. WAs are only good on really select weapons. From's boner for greatswords is out of control.
>>
>>163386195
To be honest, you HAVE to do things for yourself in this game. Read stat sheets, talk to NPCs, explore a lot. Nothing is explained and that's the point.

The only reason I responded is because this seems like an egregious case of "I have no idea how to play this game" and you should get a wake up call to realize that you have to actually explore around.

Treat it as semi-open world. About half of the bosses can be skipped with shortcuts or secrets but there's a clear linear path that you have to discover, deviating from it to try new things.
>>
File: 1481025998276.jpg (267KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481025998276.jpg
267KB, 1280x720px
>>163385010
I think the following elements are found in the areas I find atmospheric:
1. The scene is set up in a way that it feels logical and authentic within the context but without hurting the gameplay value.

2. The level design emphasizes a certain factor or combination of factors (darkness, vertigo, closed spaces,maze, open spaces,level hazards,reduced visibilith) in a way that gives the level character and separates it from other ones.

3. The sound design supports the visual design and features ambient sound appropriate for the area. Like in Shrine of Storms you can both see the torn flags and banners flapping in the breeze, and hear the sounds of the ocean in the background.
>>
>arrive at firelink
>you see a guy and talk option when near him
>he tells you to ring two bells and says you should go through waterway that's like 5 steps away
>people go the exact opposite and fight skeletons
reee where's my minimap and a objective reee these games have no story reeee
>>
>>163385284
Can you wait some time? I'm going to cook dinner but when I'm done I'll give you another (you) if other anon hasn't
>>
>>163386447
It seems like DS3 is very heavily focused on single player and the weapons are designed to reflect that, with basically most of them being fun gimmicks to discover instead of a well-defined multiplayer, and with most of the DLC and late game weapons trivializing most of the early game weapons.

DS2 was designed so that you would have to use only a few weapons early on and penalized you for changing things up until later, so most of the best weapons in the game were the vast array of basic equipment, later ones being only good for specialized builds. This is a much more balanced (but less 'exciting') approach and it's obvious that it was designed by the Armored Core team because of it.
>>
>>163386530

Yea but not guiding players along at the beginning is a massive flaw

It's why I never finished dark souls past firelink

Now dark souls 2 was better in that aspect which I spent countless hours on
>>
>>163386640
if you need to be guided at all it's because you're dumb enough that you can't figure it out on your own
>>
>>163386640
You dumb nigger, the game literally guides you with the NPC.
There's even a guy who tells you how to defeat the skeletons.
>>
>>163386640
DaS2 guides you even less, you reach majula and have like 3 paths to take and no npc is pointing you anywhere.
>>
>>163386292
DaS3 PvP sucks bevause rolls.
Remember that one webm of a host cornered by three invaders and he survives for some good 10-20 seconds in a corner by just rollspamming?
It ceases being fun the moment you find good players, but bad players make you feel boredom
>>
>>163386601

Yeah I'll likely be around. I'll check back in around 45 to an hour or so.
>>
>>163386761

Just at the start to get with the flow you fucking moron

I'm not asking for giant indicator. Just a simple path that shows players where to go. Then later on they get used to it you complicate things.

Now hurr durr the right path is in an obscure location when the wrong path is in plain sight but leads nowhere after getting raped by a giant skeleton

Don't forget actually attempting to go down and getting hit by that invincible shit

Not a good way to start a game and turn away players
>>
File: 1481740128274.png (341KB, 1105x805px) Image search: [Google]
1481740128274.png
341KB, 1105x805px
>>163385616
>it's like it went from a great competitive skillful fighting experience to a grieding simulator

But that's unironically what Souls pvp is intendes to be.
>>
>>163386515
I agree with that.

My favorite areas always have a few things in common:

1. There's a clear, broad view of the whole area early on, so you get to see how it feels (Anor Londo, Drangleic Castle, Crystal Caves, Brume Tower)

2. There are internal mechanisms that change how the area works, including shortcuts, making backtracking feel like a new experience.

3. The levels do not seem designed for your character, and you have to find alternate routes / explore them as an outsider, instead of things being "conveniently" located and positioned for you. If the level requires a few coincidentally well placed stairs or enemies/mechanisms to let you through, obviously designed for a player, that really breaks my immersion.
>>
>Now hurr durr the right path is in an obscure location
see, this is where you're wrong
otherwise, I might agree
>>
>>163386967
Yeah fuck you. I went down to the catacombs early on and could take the skeletons easily.
>>
>>163386640

fuck this place

I'm out
>>
>>163386840
>It ceases being fun the moment you find good players, but bad players make you feel boredom

This is why you invade. ARENA (or otherwise "honor duels") becomes boring or not fun in either case, invasions are great because one bad player is fun but a gank of bad players against one good player using the level to their advantage is fun as fuck. Just the whole psychology of it you get to experience: the bravery when they outnumber you 3 or 4 to 1, the panic that sets in when you ambush them while they're trying to deal with a tough mob or group of mobs, the insolent rage of a group of phantoms when you snipe a host who got too brave, etc etc etc. So many feels, it never gets old.

Rolls aren't a big deal once you git gud at roll catching with whatever your choice of roll catching weapon is. Just gotta come prepared, even early on in pontiff duels I remember seeing scott "I'm a gigantic faggot" jund literally hardswapping to whatever OP meta weapon countered whatever his opponent was using and going on like 6 hour win streaks.
>>
>kill a bunch of themed gankers
>one of them adds me on steam, they seem mad

>kill them again

>invade them a third time
>they're now all wearing havels
lol
>>
>>163387283
>lol

Translation: I got fucked up hard and came here to whine about it
>>
>>163387259
See you tomorrow
>>
File: 20161222010128_1.jpg (511KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161222010128_1.jpg
511KB, 1920x1080px
>>163385284
what can you offer me for it? don't worry, boipussy is a valid currency
>>
>>163386640
This is good bait
>>
>>163385762
Which is a fucking ridiculous feature to include in a multiplayer game and shows ONCE AND FOR FUCKING ALL THAT NIPS CAN'T DESIGN MULTIPLAYER GAMES FOR FUCKING SHIT

GOD DAMN THEYRE SO BAD EVERY DAMN TIME, SEND HELP, THE JAPANESE DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO ACT LIKE PEOPLE, ITS CRAZY, IM HERE, I KNOW
>>
>>163386967
>>163386761
>>163386640
>>163386761

It has to do with Miyazaki's dumb "Choose your own difficulty" approach to game design.

He puts hard areas and easy areas right next to each other and lets the player choose where to go, and makes them both obscured and seem equally viable choices for new players.

The reason people go to the skeletons first is because you have to enter the big building right next to the bonfire. Their mind goes Bonfire -> Building -> This must be the right path, why else would they have an arch/entryway?

Instead of the stairway tucked down in a corner, or the non functioning elevator in the second building, or the narrow pathway that looks more like background going up to where the first area actually is.

DS1 has a lot of moments of terrible game design, it's just got those quirks. It makes the game exciting and endearing, but I think most of them were due to Miyazaki's over-enthusiasm on certain game styles he really likes.

His approach to video games is to be that guy that, every time you ask him a question, goes "MAAAAYBE.... you can try and find out!" then sits back with glee and jerks himself off to watching you not figure it out on the first try.
>>
DSG PLEASE HELP

MY FRIEND AND I CAN'T FIGURE OUT IF FATHER ARIANDEL'S ACCENT IS RUSSIAN OR SCOTTISH OR SOME SHIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKO0eCOj76U

FIGURE THIS OUT FOR US YOU SHITS
>>
File: 1461435706368.png (41KB, 285x274px) Image search: [Google]
1461435706368.png
41KB, 285x274px
>>163386640
>Now dark souls 2 was better in that aspect
>>
>>163387361

Basically just the boipussy. This is newish character. I think I have Yorshka's spear, golden ritual spear, and the scholar's candlestick if that does anything for you.
>>
>>163387420
Imagine tiptoeing on eggshells in every conversation, and every time its as big of a deal as if you were talking you your boss about christmas dinner.

They are so fucking fragile, and I'm NORWEGIAN even. Send help.
>>
>>163387319
No, I killed them again because they kept falling for the same "try to crowd a single invader on a narrow ledge".
That always ends up with them eating two greathammer hits and spilling off

Since I posted that, I invaded them again and I didn't even get to see them, the host died to some other dude.

Like, did you actually think havel made a difference?
>>
>>163386460

damn i really need to play DaS1 for the first time already, only souls game i've played is DaS3 which i have roughly 600 hours in but i've been procrastinating playing the older ones.

you make it sound like fun though. that's basically how i played DaS3 where i took my time and really checked out every little nook and cranny of every single level and killed every mob, seems like i'd actually be more rewarded for that in DaS1.

as a DaS3 player: anything i should know about stats before starting? i can handle everything else. 40/40 quality with 27 VIG and STR softcaps still work or are stats different in some way?
>>
>>163387536
but that's good game design
of course, this only applies if the person playing isn't actually retarded
seriously, how hard is it to explore other areas that are VERY EASY to see when you get your ass kicked by enemies in one area?
>>
>>163387361
>>163387558

I'm at High Wall of Lothric Bonfire, password is boipussy if you're on board.
>>
>>163387691
in ds1 everything softcaps at 40/50 and end gives quip load+stamina
go nuts
>>
Has anyone actually made a legit 387 character and any of the Dark Souls games? Farthest I ever got was like 214 in Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>163387420
It's not that they can't design multiplayer games, it's that they don't understand why you would compromise the "actual" game for a side feature. To them, a "good" game should be great no matter how bad the multiplayer is, because multiplayer is just a side feature.

If you want to play competitively against someone else, go play a sport or a board game or a hobby or some organized competition. Online multiplayer is just there to add a little fun side feature to what is otherwise a -visual- single player experience.

The US is different because of how we idolize comeptition and build our games around similar mechanics (all first person shooters using the same control scheme, for example).

In the US, we don't understand why you would play a video game over and over again if it was against the same enemies with the same experience each time.

In Japan they don't understand why you would change a good individual experience just to make it so you could play against different (but not better) people each time.
>>
>>163387935
my highest level was 515 in ds2
>>
>>163387748
sign down I don't really need anything, since I got pretty much every item in the game anyway
>>
>>163388047
Jesus.
>>
>>163387264
Here's the thing anon, in DeS or DaS. If I picked anything shit and was good enough with it, I'd reliably win.
I had noob cosplays with drake sword for invading and could kill coopfags with it sometimes.
And finding someone better than you that'd you'd go meta on each other was exciting, like the first time you find a good DBS player or when someone backstab escapes you.

3 has none of that because you have to tryhard. Everyone has a carthus/SS ready to unzip when things go wrong and spears/katanas to chase people around and the moment anyone gets low they can roll spam and prolong any fight for way too long of a time. Remember when you had 99 Lloyd's and they lasted longer? Or when if a bad player dared use estus in lock on range he got backstabed? Or when you'd hit them for all their grass healed? Or when you could force remove people from your own world? It's all gone and no matter if you duel or invade, you NEED no fun allowed weapons in every character because every player is, even if unwittingly, going to abuse rolls to make any interesting fight be followed by chasing and passiveness.
>>
>>163387961
I see, so in Japan they idolize being good against computers, but in america they idolize being good against other people.

What a world.
>>
>>163387697
It CAN be good game design. But often times it falls flat and ends up just causing frustration. Firelink is a good example. He gives you 3-4 paths to take, but 3 of them are basically impossible unless you've already played the game or you're at least to mid-game level. What's the fucking point?

The skeletons and new londo ruins should have been behind a locked gate, which crestfallen would give you the key to once you rang the first bell. Make him drop the key also, and let the master key open the doors too. That would have solved 99% of people's gripes about firelink without changing the game for people who want to go to those areas right away.

At least that way, if you do pick the key at the start (or kill crestfallen, which is too hard for first timers) you at least KNOW that you're not supposed to be at this area yet, so it's not frustrating when the skeletons kill you. You know there's somewhere else to go.

In DS1 there's no real indication that the skeletons are the wrong way other than forcing yourself to guess that no game would be 'that hard' right away.
>>
Am I the only one who thought that when crestfallen said one bell below he meant one was inside the catacombs?
>>
>>163387935
have a evel 370 in ds2
Level 666 in ds2
>>
>>163388074

Thanks for the Thrall Axe and the grab ass. What was that whippy spear? Seems like it'd be fun.
>>
>>163388567
What the fuck
Level 370 in ds1
666 in ds2*********
>>
>>163388683
Do you wait in the parish to beat up twinks?
>>
>>163387935
I have a SL 404 on DaS3
>>
Anyone else having random freezes in the DLC?
>>
>>163388623
you mean the immolation tinder? it's a pretty shitty catalyst
>>
>>163387691
DS3 is a really watered down version of DS1, DS2 is a more balanced/stats-heavy, but less quirky approach.

Most of what makes the souls series good is just repeats of the few fun gimmicks/quirks in DS1.

As for stats:

Poise works completely different. You can straight-up tank hits without staggering if your poise is high. ~100 poise lets you walk through most hits in the game without doing more than a slight stumble.

Elemental weapons have no scaling, so they're sort of like a split-damage Raw infusion.

There's no benefit to balancing Int/Fth (no fire/dark element) so if you go with one, stick with it.

No way to respec. Spend your stats carefully.

Single damage AR = ~150% split damage AR. So 300/300 normal/magic is about the same as 450 normal damage.

Your % load affects stamina regeneration, roll distance, and roll invincibility frames. So running at 25% load or lower (12.5%) actually has benefits, running over 50% load has serious consequences.

2H a weapon multiplies your strength stat by 1.5x. Since Strength has a soft cap at 40, this means that 2H your weapon at 27 strength is the about the same as having 40 strength. So 28/40 2H gives you the same as 40/40 1H.

Dexterity affects cast speed.
>>
>>163387935

I maxed out in dark souls 2. Mostly farming the giant lord in the memory. Took about 3 days of straight farming
>>
>>163387691
Resistance is a useless stat in DaS1 never level it up, Endurance and Vitality are one stat, Pyromancies don't scale with anything and are only affected by cast speed which you increase with Dexterity. You can have a lot of fun building your character because 40/40 quality is not the 100% foolproof option to faceroll.
>>
>>163387038

hey im not complaining, i used to be one of those 1v1 SL120 pontiff honor duel red soapstone faggots for like 300 hours before quitting the game around june/july because i fell for the meme that invasions were insanely broken and being an invader was just pure hell and should be avoided entirely, then when i started up again with the DLC i decided to give it a go after arena became equally boring to pontiff duels and discovered it was actually a lot of fun, where you got to use the level to your advantage and sometimes you had to run away and regroup and the insufferable cunts were actually a very small percentage of total invasions. instead of constantly handicapping myself and avoiding weapons/strategies that were "too good" i became free and unhindered, i could use whatever i wanted as long as i could find a way to beat ganks with it. or at least make them suffer, i use backup saves so not like i need souls or embers or least of all pale tongues.

any other games that are good for griefing like souls games? wondering what else i should check out that gives a similar thrill like when you kill all of a host's phantoms and they just panic and look like they're pissing their pants. i love that feeling.
>>
>>163389169
>28/40 2H grass crest shield on back master race
>>
>>163388763
:^)
I love invading Township the best though to be honest
>>
>>163389428
how the fuck do you get any invasions at that level

I don't get any at SL120.
>>
>>163389169

i heard great club was pretty good and could be retrieved relatively early in DaS1, is this true and how do I get it/how do I build the character for it?

my first blind playthrough of DaS3 was done purely with a 2 handed lothric knight long spear and gitting gud at rolling and timing dodges, i've heard things like rolling can be chain backstab punished and backsteps have iframes and adaptability and other things i don't really understand yet so let me know.

as some other anon said apparently you cant respec ever so i'm not looking for any spoilers on content but i'd like to have a good idea of how to set up the stats and equipment for my character before starting at least.
>>
>>163389528
Well I doubt I'll get any now, but back in the day I got plenty invasions and plenty times I got invaded
I hope you guys realize a good majority of players don't stop leveling at the meta lol
>>
>>163389815
The meta levels are really only a US thing when the game was active.

JP players will keep leveling indefinitely.
>>
>>163389528
You invade at level 20 and below and pick on new people. My level gargoyle cosplay with nothing but + 5 weapons was the most fun I've had in awhile.

Ended up going to the unupgraded. Gargoyle halberd because it actually had really high base damage.
>>
What were your first weapons in DS1 and DS2?

I used the broadsword throughout the first part of DS1 (up until I got the claymore). I killed the shop keeper and got the uchigatana, but I didn't realize there was lock on in this game until the gargoyles, so I didn't use the uchi because I couldn't hit with it. After the gargoyles I went down to shoot arrows at the dragon and ended up grabbing the claymore finally.

For DS2 SOTFS I used the straight sword (swordsman class) until buying a Bastard sword, and I used that until I unlocked the Lost Sinner's Sword.
>>
I just realized the DS1/DS2 Knight Helm is just an open visor version of the Elite Knight Helm... they're otherwise identical. How lazy
>>
>>163390454
I remember my first character in DS1 ended up using the Gravelord Sword.

My DS2 character used the Bastard Sword.
>>
>>163390454
DaS1 Balder Side Sword
DaS2 Rapier
>>
>>163390454
ds1
started cleric, made my mace divine, used it til i found the greatax in the sewer then used it all the way to endgame
ds2 started warrior, found the bastard sword in fofg, then the gyrm axe in doors of pharros, and finally the bell hammer after velstadt
>>
>>163390454
DS1 - Balder Side Sword. I got that shit to drop and didn't realize how lucky of a little shit I was at the time.

DS2 - Halberd, then Syan's Halberd, and finally Blue Flame
>>
>>163390454
Spider weapons always
>>
>>163389954
That explains alot actually
I added a friend back in the Darkroot Garden days of pvp
Japanese, we never understood each other though we'd always gank bosses
I moved to ds2 eventually and he continued to play ds1
I moved to BB and still, he plays DS1
DS3 comes out and he's playing dark souls 1
He hasn't been online in a few months though I really hope he's okay
>>
>>163390454
i faintly remember using a heater shield to turtle with a rapier, cheesing most of the game after gargs with it, then pumping str and using bkgs when artorias flipped over my corpse for the umpteenth time. i also don't remember ever upgrading that shield
>>
I just can't beat Aldrich. My magic and my magic wep does shit all for damage.

How do I gitgud?
>>
>>163391342
pyromancy
>>
>>163391463
I got 7 faith, can you do any good pyromancies with only 7?
>>
>>163391556
Chaos bed vestiges
>>
>>163391556
GCFO is 0/0. Go get that shit, anon.
>>
>>163375289
the one problem with this, is that the wolf knight's greatsword does bonus damage to Aldrich

If he was prepairing himself for the "Coming age of the Deep Sea"

then why would he turn into a creature of the abyss, if they are not both one in the same?
>>
>>163391342

could pestilent mercury him to death like i did
>>
>>163391342
He is the biggest test of patience will have for this game. Just don't yolo and you win
>>
>>163392204
How does that even work? that shit does absolutely no damage
>>
File: slides_02_20161212201746077.jpg (39KB, 181x229px) Image search: [Google]
slides_02_20161212201746077.jpg
39KB, 181x229px
>>163391342
> farming sunlight metals on on the 3 boss gauntlet in Drangleic.
> all those hosts who just mash r1 and get killed by the aldia firewall
The feelings of rage and disappointment are coming back! Please help!
>>
File: 1475529333538.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475529333538.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>be a sunbro
>get summoned for a boss
>the host just sits back behind a great shield and lets you do all the work
At least I know your worthless ass won't die and I'll at least get a metal, fuckinh lazy prick
>>
>>163393548

You can get medals from invading as a sunbro and you even get prioritized to co-op invade in worlds that already have an invader, just fyi.
>>
>>163392635
it does low damage but it last a while so you can cast it on him, he sits in it and you just dodge his shit

That's what i did on ng with my wizard, dunno about ng+ since all i had to do was spam CSS at him
>>
>Those people who sit at pontiff waiting for invaders, and bowing to you when you show up

Can somebody explain the thought process behind this?
>>
>>163393679
This was back in das2, i did a coop plauthrough with my friend for my faith guy there.

But nice to know, thanks
>>
File: 1462494153603.png (979KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1462494153603.png
979KB, 707x1000px
Would anyone on PS4 be interested in FC? I am willing to host
>>
>>163393548

I let myself get summoned for bosses just so I can squat in the corner or stand somewhere with my binoculars out so I can watch hosts get buttfucked by a buffed boss.

Serves them right.
>>
File: 20160420013037_1.jpg (495KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160420013037_1.jpg
495KB, 1920x1080px
>>163393830

No problem, also to be fair I did all my sunbro shit on my main meta level character back during release, literally just spent a night drinking like 15 shots of top shelf vodka and putting my sign down at Old Demon King over, and over, and over again. There was a point where my weapon was broken and I didn't even notice for a pretty long time, pic related.

One of the best nights of my life. Don't think you can recreate that again, there will never be a first week of release again.
>>
>>163393815
I want to waste people's time. If you run, I'll wait, no biggie
>>
>there are people who hate that every build in 3 is quality
>there are people who hate being able to use a large variety of weapons without having to replay the game over and over to grind out new characters
>>
>>163394146
How do you even break a weapon in this game

I didn't think it was possible
>>
>>163384102
he uses his sword to thrust like a lance though
about alfred, that's obvious.
>>
>>163393930
i do that as a blue sentinel, also post webms
>>
>>163394247
How often did you see people pulling out chaos blade in the other games? How often do you see *unzips flame spear/ccs/pole* in 3?
>>
>>163394286

You have to rest at a bonfire for them to get repaired. I literally just kept dropping my sign down at those steps right before the boss over and over and over again for literally hours, just Old Demon King and vodka with a 2H LK Long Spear.

It's a bit funny considering I got so good at it I still beat him even with a broken pike.
>>
>>163394338

I generally only save PvP footage, but you're right, I should've probably made some webms of that. I've seen hosts plus 2 other phantoms (beside myself) get absolutely slammered by Sulyvahn. Great comedy.
>>
>show my little brother dark souls
>he loves it
>he manages to get to anor londo without a drakesword, pretty proud of him, he even killed an invader at sens
>watch him play a little
>he gets invaded in anor londo
>world goes dark
>invader killed gwynevere
>invader warps him to the ash lake

feels bad
why do people do this
>>
>>163394632
same here actually, and i should also make some of bodyblocking hosts/phantoms and helping invaders.

you should probably only make it if you get footage of what hosts do to you when you do that, how they react. like hitting you with fists or something lol.
>>
>>163394848
It's 2016.
>>
>>163394501
yeah I see that happen in 3 and not the other ones

but I can also use a scythe, an UGS, and claws all on the same guy without grinding a new guy so I'll take it.
>>
>>163394848
it's harder to get at anor londo with a drakesword than to get there without it though.
>>
>>163393930

What if they literally solo the boss with a handicap like that and you end up looking stupid?
>>
What do you guys listen to while playing Souls games?

I usually listen to stuff like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayJdEzhqQ0I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAmik_WKAZw
>>
>>163395404

I applaud him for his great victory.
>>
>>163395602

Marathon naruto ops during hard boss fights

Gets me to stop shaking and juking it
>>
>>163395602
SleepyCast
>>
File: dancer.jpg (31KB, 600x492px) Image search: [Google]
dancer.jpg
31KB, 600x492px
How do I beat this cutie?
>>
File: Untitled.png (462KB, 516x611px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
462KB, 516x611px
>tfw you got both illusory rings on your first try and in one sitting
>>
>>163306375
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Kuhina8U4
Huh.
>>
>>163378327

Why do people keep saying this? I had by far the most fun with faith in DS3 than any other souls game to date. You get a fairly fast high damage AoE attack with lightning stake, absurdly high damage ranged attack with Sunlight Spear, MASSIVE healing from stuff like Soothing Sunlight, and top it all off with awesome faith weapons like Dragonslayer Swordspear. Seriously no complaints here about faith in DS3.
>>
>>163396183
heh
>>
Any people here form souls couples with their chars?
>>
>>163396137
Keep your face in her ass at all times and keep stamina managed really carefully
>>
Can anyone suggdst a good build to cheese thru pve in DaS3? I just beatthe game but want to get into the dlc next and I want it as painless as possible. I'm thinking a magic build. What's a good weapon that will fuck most bosses up with minimal effort?
>>
>>163375289
This brings me an idea based on >>163367679
Can someone noclip and float to see what's at the cathedral of the deep's dark pool? Is it just all blackness or what?
>>
File: 1455446031247.gif (982KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1455446031247.gif
982KB, 500x281px
>>163396183
Nice
>>
File: HP final.jpg (236KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
HP final.jpg
236KB, 1360x768px
>>163396716
Magic is bad for PvE
>>
>>163396971
Alright then what's a good way to get through pve quickly?
>>
Hey guys, haven't played in a very long time, not since release.

Made a new character recently, pure strength, and I'm back to the endgame. Been using a heavy infused greataxe and it seems to be the best AR I can hit with at 13 dex and 50 str. I seem to remember both the BKGA and Yhorms machete hitting harder though. Has this changed? Or is it a buff to infusions other than refined and hollow?
>>
>>163397353
>50 STR

Go to 66 ASAP to get that joocy 50% stat bonus. When two handing a weapon you'll in effect have 99 STR and max out your AR. Sixteen points will go a long way to helping you figure out which is the best in terms of scaling.
>>
>>163397353
Isn't the BKGA a quality weapon?
>>
>>163397248
Dump everything into STR and END
>>
>>163397503
I guess in a roundabout way my question was did they nerf the machete and BKGA? Also are quality refined and luck hollow still the best builds and infusions by far?
>>
How stupid would it be to infuse the Crow Quills with a blood gem?
>>
>>163397759
Aren't blood infusions like universally bad on everything?
>>
>>163397959
just wondering

With how spammable the knives throwing move is, it doesn't seem like the worst idea.
>>
Would infusing caestus with anything be a good idea?
>>
>>163397759

You could try using it with blood gem and carthus rouge with the miracle glitch.

I won't tell you how to do it but if you know how then that can work very well, I tried it with bleed twindaggers a while back.
>>
Is it possible for me to obtain the Hollow's Ashes after I complete the Lord of Hollows questline and kill Yuria of Londor?
>>
>>163394632
>>163394338
I have this one, quality is shit I guess, but I managed to get the invaders to trust me by giving them DB and siegbraus

>>163398224
Use rouge on sharp quills. You could also abuse the glitch to rouge blood quills, but that's not a nice thing to do
>>
>>163398337
Do the knives from the WA bleed people too? And how much?

If so I might make a meme build just to try this out in all honesty.
>>
>>163390454
My very first experience with DS was with DS1; a kind anon had me run to get the Red Sign Soapstone so I could summon him on the XBox 360, and he dropped me a bunch of gear so I could do a spartan run: Gian'ts Helm, Iron Round Shield, Partisan and Spear, and some other armor. I know, Spartans having round shields is just a meme, but it was an extremely fun build.

Thanks again anon!
>>
File: 1470549932633.png (75KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470549932633.png
75KB, 600x800px
>>163388242
People who defend ds3 don't ever bring up the fact that most invasions, duels or any form of pvp you always have the failsafe switch (rolls) you can keep spamming with no reliable way to defeat other than a small minority of weapons with a good poke that you MIGHT just be lucky. There are times when you can win because your enemy took too much punishment but times when you come across a guy who spams the roll button, it simply becomes a cat-and-mouse chase with Benny Hills theme bgm.
>>
>>163397248

Raw ASS + Carthus Rouge, all stats into Vigor & End.

Minimal stat investment easy mode.
>>
>>163398452

You're better off with Splintering Bolts I think.
>>
>>163398879

Are splintering worth it? Everyone always seems to use explosive.
>>
>>163390454
I still haven't beaten DS1, I got frustrated with curse and not being able to find anybody to summon so I just left it. I was using a regular broadsword.

I beat DS2 with the bastard sword and a shield crossbow loaded with tons of poison bolts.
>>
>>163397248
>Beginning to Undead Settlement
Fire gem longsword
>Undead Settlement to end of Carthus
Dark hand
>Irithyll to rest of game
Raw ASS/Dragon Slayer's Axe or anything with Carthus Rouge/bleed
ds3 is a piece of shit game
>>
>>163393861
I'd be down, I need something to distract me from losing to Aldrich and the Dancer.
>>
>>163398951

Explosive bolts are better, but I thought you went for a meme Bleed build?
>>
Friede part 3: or how I learned to hate this fucking game more.
>>
File: 2016-12-07-2236-06.webm (3MB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-07-2236-06.webm
3MB, 1364x768px
>>163398337
Forgot webm

>>163398452
Yes they do, actually a significant number (1 R1 per knife). Not sure if a bug or not or if it changed since last patch, but I use them on Irithyll SLs to poison people. They don't hit people often when they get smarter, but the proc goes through rolls anyway.
>>
File: 1471978739435.png (346KB, 540x483px) Image search: [Google]
1471978739435.png
346KB, 540x483px
>>163398989
You can't see summon signs while Cursed.
>>
File: benhart.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
benhart.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
>>163399116
>friede's final form
>just more bullshit moves and dark flame because it's cool
>>
File: awwwww yiis.jpg (46KB, 628x457px) Image search: [Google]
awwwww yiis.jpg
46KB, 628x457px
>>163399121
>Yes they do, actually a significant number (1 R1 per knife). Not sure if a bug or not or if it changed since last patch, but I use them on Irithyll SLs to poison people. They don't hit people often when they get smarter, but the proc goes through rolls anyway.
I'm looking forward to my assassin in making.
>>
>ywn play Dark Souls (one) for the first time ever again
>>
I was just fighting hosts in a wild gank and suddenly the "boss defeated" sound came up and I was sent home without a message.

Did a hacker kill the gankers boss? Is that a thing in DS3?
>>
>>163399479
>playing on PC
>>
>>163399621
What would you prefer to play in?
>>
Only here to ask. Is there any way to make a Dex/Int quality build in DS1? Right now I just beat Capra Demon, Moonlight Butterfly, and Bell Gargoyles.
>level 29, attun 15, vit 13, end 16, str 10, dex 16, int 22, started sorcerer, master key
Using +5 Estoc, +3 Crest Shield, Magic Weapon, Great Heavy Soul Arrow, Fall Control, Sorcerer set + catalyst. Equip load 14.0/56.0.

>>163390454
Used Halberd all the way on my first character.
>>
File: Cg1-nt-WMAA5ldk.jpg (81KB, 600x716px) Image search: [Google]
Cg1-nt-WMAA5ldk.jpg
81KB, 600x716px
But seriously is there even a dark souls fan artist that can top shad base?
>>
>>163399810
Anyone without a rimjob fetish
>>
>>163399810
That set is literally the only thing he drew that I like
>>
Who's the Jon Snow lookin motherfucker who tries to kill you after Sulyvahn and you run past all the sleeping giants
>>
>>163399980
Dark souls 2 referances
>>
>>163399810
>rosaria
>having a tongue
>>
Jesus fuck, I do no damage to Black Flame Friede.

What the fuck am I supposed to do?
>>
>>163400684
Hornet ring backstab or stunlock her existence with a bleed weapon
>>
File: FxjDhTw.jpg (33KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FxjDhTw.jpg
33KB, 1280x720px
What do you like the most about sister friede?
>>
>>163401158
that she's optional
>>
>take BB boss
>put it in Souls game
>do this like 4 times
>Dark Souls 3

Ffuckj From
>>
Is it possible to tank through 3 greathammer 2h hits using the dancer swords or did I just fight a hacker?
>>
>>163401206
>>163401158
Wait who?
>>
File: 20161026061944_1.jpg (134KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20161026061944_1.jpg
134KB, 1360x768px
>>163401495
>>
>>163401267
>did I just fight a hacker?
ja
>>
>>163401835
Oh wait, I'm retarded and read that as Friede's Sister
>>
>>163375289
>If the Deep is regular Dark, why is shit like the insects refered to as being 'from the Deep?' Because according to you, they're the nasty Abyss shit, so why not 'from the Abyss' or, according to your theory about naming, 'from the Dark?'
The insects referred to by the Gnaw miracles aren't native to the Deep, they invaded it and made their home in it. They are foreigners in the Deep. Furthermore, Gnaw is referred to as a "Dark Miracle,"-- distinct from other Deep miracles like Deep Protection, which are not -- consistent with the naming convention that you're mocking
>>
>>163399101
Sorry but I don't think there's really enough interest to keep an FC running right now. I'll check back tomorrow and see if there are more PS4 friends that are receptive to it.
>>
>>163375289
>Why would they bother setting up a giant Cathedral with an order of knights trained to kill giant monsters and a miracle intended to protect clerics working in those conditions if 'the deep is just metaphorical my dude it was inside you all along'
Because people who succumb to the monsters of the Deep either (a) go hollow or (b) turn into hideous monsters like pus of man or slug creatures or giant curse-spider things and other bullshit like that
>>
ded thread
ded gwynevere
>>
How do I use the black bow's WA? It always misses. Is it only good for HUGE bosses?
>>
File: 1478232800774.png (281KB, 535x466px) Image search: [Google]
1478232800774.png
281KB, 535x466px
>date cancels twice
>no aquaintences want to hang out or eat
>second date makes plans at the last minute
>best friend said he'll play Souls with me but he went out to buy his gf a dog for christmas and is staying at her place tonight
>drunk

Who wants to do a PC DS1 playthrough? Aiming for SL60. Voice chat?
>>
>>163402716
Dark arrows
>>
So while I heard leveling Vitality is mostly pointless, it feels like you can barely put on any armor and weapon+shield without fat rolling.

I don't know what I'd be doing without Havel's Ring in DS3

I mean I guess it's the greatsword weapon choice but still, seems you've got less wiggle room than the other games
>>
>>163402846
That won't stop the arrows from mising will it?
>>
>>163402828
be here in about 12 hours and we can be miserable together
>>
>>163402964
Try using them and you tell me
>>
>>163375289
>There is NOTHING that says they have assembled a huge pool of human dregs.
Deep Soul, and Great Deep Soul (which channel the Deep regardless of where it comes from) fire "dark soul dregs." dark soul = humanity, so dark soul dregs = human dregs. Therefore, the Deep, were it a physical location, is a huge pile of Soul Dregs in the same sense that the Abyss is a writhing, giant mass of wild humanity.
>>
>claymore WA shield break doesn't guard break GS of glory
Why? How do I even fight against a LS glory shield user?
>>
>>163375172
>The external provocation would be the experimentation
ok, but that's a huge difference between that and there needing to be an Abyss infecting you. In the former, you can more or less drive your own humanity wild on your lonesome, or get a "friend" to do it for you, which is the whole point of what I'm trying to say. A sorcerer can channel the Abyss without having to visit New Londo or get a Darkwraith/Kaathe to personally stuff Manus' Abyss inside them first.
>>
File: 1476073023456.jpg (45KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1476073023456.jpg
45KB, 500x390px
>>163403057
I took off work tomorrow for my twink date but I'll be free all day
>>
>>163403337
GSoG is one of the worse GS.
Get a carthus shotel or deep/dark SS/CCS and go full offensive on their face
>>
>>163376792
that guy wasn't the guy you were arguing with last thread
>>
>>163403539
Should I put Carthus
Rouge on the shotel?
>>
why does arena make me so angry

Its the only thing that has ever made me legitimately mad in a souls game
>>
>>163376792
Literally no one is arguing that the Deep isn't a place, that would be like saying that the Abyss isn't a place (which is wrong). What you seem to be 100% incapable of understanding is that, EVEN THOUGH (even though -- even though) the Deep has a physical location on the planet, it has a correspondence with the Humanity we carry within ourselves, much like the Abyss has a correspondence with the Humanity we carry within ourselves, and the Deep outside the Cathedral is a large mass of this corresponding component of Humanity all in one spot.
>>
>>163403060
Thanks anon
>>
>>163403801
>why does arena make me so angry
Whenever I lose a match I take my headphones off and close my eyes until the loading screen

Otherwise I might end up killing someone
>>
>>163403801
where si the arena
>>
>>163403690
Depends. I siggest you pack a melee infusion one and a deep/dark one. Agaibst good turtles use the later, they know how to roll through bleed. If a turtle blocks more than 2 hits, feel free to ruin them with rouge
>>
>>163403853
Remember to pack physical arrows too when you don't need the dark ones
>>
I've grown to like Wolf Knight's Greatsword, it's been really good to me since about Abyss Watchers on (just got past Aldritch)

Is it worth it to continue upgrading it? What about Siegward's sword? Both are pretty cool.
>>
>>163404090
I just took a shotel to +9.
I can do an SS with dark or deep. Which do you recommend for a STR/quality build?
>>
>>163404203
I'm finding it hard to tell if all dark arrows home or if only the WA homes. Mantual aimin has the arrows miss, even If I'm aiming just off from the body
>>
>>163404296
WKGS has been my favorite gs for a long time. I just love the moveset.

Stormruler (Onion's sword) has only like 10 durability, so it's really not a good option unless you want to challenge yourself (and pack a ton of repair powder)
>>
>>163391912
Aldrich, like literally everyone else who tried worshiping the Deep, was seduced by the evil that lurked within it, and now worships the Abyss instead
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 391x391px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 391x391px
>tfw inherently good at souls because I played the fuck out of all the armored core games in my childhood and teens
>tfw I missed out on experiencing the so called "brutal difficulty" all these dudebros hyped up
>>
>Playing DS3
>Getting invaded with decent frequency
>90% of invaders just run away and stand next to groups of enemies that I haven't gotten to yet
>Can't leave, go anywhere else, or progress until they are dead

Literally why would you allow this? And who even has fun doing that?
>Ha ha, I killed you while you were fighting 3 other things that can't hurt me!
>>
>>163404342
Long or lothric knight are the better ones

>>163404353
They do, but the WA is better at it somehow
>>
>>163404508
where is the evidence of this?

there's never any connection made between Aldrich and the abyss, only the deep

its similar to worship of miracles being the worship of the first flame, only instead of worshiping the flame they are worshiping the abyss
>>
how to kill dancer early below lvl 10?
>>
>>163404669
Brutal difficulty is just brutal retardation on the players part a lot of the time if bloodstains are anything to go by
>>
>>163404758
>They do, but the WA is better at it somehow
I just tested it, and the arrows don't really home. They just have a unique flightpath where they cross over at a given distance.
>>
>>163404935
True, but I like to think my days playing AC helped a fair bit
>>
>>163404921
thief class
>>
>>163404495
How do weapons actually break? I've been using WKGS forever and the durability's gone down 1 apparently in all this time
>>
>>163403801

>Lose to some fag in 3v3 arena
>The rest of the match he keeps fucking me up and won't leave me alone or fight anyone else

The players there are cancer
>>
>>163405059
i just get hit and destroyed.. i'm not good enough
>>
>>163404868
read up on the descriptions regarding the Deacon Set, Cathedral Knight Set, etc. The CotD was founded to contain the Horrors of the Deep, which are Abyss-affiliated in nature. However, all those who dedicated themselves to sealing these things away (aka the church staff, etc) were seduced by their power and started to worship the Horrors instead of the Deep as was originally intended. See: Deep Tome and Deep Protection, which was a book/spell combo intended to provide protection and guidance for people who wanted to worship (the Deep, presumably) amid the horrors of the Deep, but these tomes became corrupted as people started worshiping the Horrors instead. Aldrich, being the founder and leader of this Church, is obviously not an exception to this rule, as him being Abyss-affiliated like the Horrors is evidence for his corrupted motivations.
>>
>>163405149
Go naked and Learn to roll. She's weak to bleed and the thief starts with the best bleed weapon in the game
>>
>>163405069
Rest at a bonfire and weapons get repaired unless they're totally broken
>>
did Sulyvahn really do anything wrong?
>>
>>163405069
Normally you won't ever have to worry about your stuff breaking, since the durability goes down so slowly in this game. It resets every time you use a bonfire, too.
The only weapons that could break while playing normally are the Stormruler and the Moonlight GS (using the weapon art).
No idea why they even bothered to put that shit in the game, honestly.
>>
>>163405486
He wanted the profane flame so he could burn down the painting of ariandel and give us a better dlc.

He's an hero
>>
I just finished Sirris's questline and she vowed to serve me as a knight, can I summon her for any boss fight now?

If so, how?
>>
SL100 DLC invasions are pretty fun.
>>
File: WUBT7355.jpg (34KB, 720x515px) Image search: [Google]
WUBT7355.jpg
34KB, 720x515px
>>163378512
DELET
>>
>>163405687
She's only summonable for 2 boss fights, if I remember correctly.
Look out for her summoning sign on the ground somewhere before the boss (you must be embered).
>>
anyone wanna carry my sl7 ass through dancer?
>>
>>163406151
>carry my sl7
Fuck that noise, getting nerfed to SL7 againt Dancer sucks ass
>>
I hear the Watch Dogs of Farrun covenant is bugged or you stop getting summoned after a certain level.

Are there any covenants that are good for melee primary characters? Seems like most covenant rewards are miracles or sorceries or items that boost those.
>>
File: 4chan.png (54KB, 728x255px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
54KB, 728x255px
>kill host
>flip off phantoms and watch as they try to kill me before I'm sent back
>>
>>163406226
:(
>>
>>163406367
I'll give it a try, whatever

pass dsg infront of that bitches door

Be there in a minute

Be aware, I suck ass
>>
>>163405687
Why would you want to summon an NPC that deals 70 damages per hit
>>
>>163406226
Nigga a 60 or 70 stability great shield carries all through dancer.
>>
>>163405151
so how does this disprove my point that the abyss and the deep are the same thing

There's nothing that states that Aldrich worships the abyss, but he is an abyssal creature, there's nothing that says all worshipers of the deep jumped ship to worshiping the abyss, unless the deep is the abyss
>>
>>163406632
the Deep is not the Abyss, the creatures that invaded the Deep are of the Abyss. By worshiping these creatures and the Abyss that they originate from you open yourself to Abyss corruption.

>there's nothing that states that Aldrich worships the Abyss
did you just not read my whole post?
>>
File: 20161221223957_1.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161221223957_1.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
Dancer guy

Couldn't get in the room

Next time summon, but give it a minute or so so the game fucking doesn't bug out
>>
>>163406050
She's summonable for 4 bosses
Abyss Watchers
Deacons
Dragonslayer Armour
Homo princes
>>
>>163406858
>Abyss Watchers
>Deacons
Nigga, you need to get into Irithyl first to finish her quest.
>>
>>163406858
I meant after she swears loyalty to you, which is only possible if you have killed the first 2
>>
File: whatever.png (13KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
whatever.png
13KB, 523x497px
>>163406995
>>163407038
>>
God I love being bad at videogames
>>
>>163406853
holy fuck are you low level too or why does she instantly slay you? i forgot how this worked
>>
>>163407227
I get nerfed to fuck and beyond to play with you

Also I'm retarded and since I never play with shield now I forgot to fucking roll out of her attacks
>>
>>163407227
You get scaled down to your host's level.
>>
>>163407282
>>163407283
oh alright then this just got a lot harder
i've managed to solo her at sl 25 but this is just brutal, how do people do it
>>
>>163407341
>how do people do it
Gitting gud as fuck
>>
>get summoned
>host is ice skating
>goes through fog door
>can't go in
>can't do shit

Why was this never fixed?
>>
>>163407282
>>163407958
i seem to have trouble summoning you and now you just came in invisible and teleporting around. i'm going to go to bed instead, thanks for attempting to kill it with me
>>
>>163407997
aight
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 288x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 288x395px
Any tips on beating fume knight with only the meatshield summon they give you?
>>
>>163408415
What is that meme pic? It gets posted everywhere
>>
File: 1482217034706.png (781KB, 516x849px) Image search: [Google]
1482217034706.png
781KB, 516x849px
>>163408887
>he doesn't know about WW3
>>
>>163408887
Russian ambassador to turkey was assassinated by his own bodyguard live
>>
>kill firekeeper
>no cheevie for the ending
r u srs
>>
>>163399872
rimjob fetish is fine, it's that Shad draws assholes that look like they belong on a constipated rhinoceros
>>
FC WHERE
>>
>>163399938
If it weren't for the disgusting shoes and hands and nail polish on the Dancer set I would've let it pass
>>
File: pyroamnace.png (268KB, 966x558px) Image search: [Google]
pyroamnace.png
268KB, 966x558px
r8

I have never played as pyro before so I have only memes to go by

Is this a good build?
>>
>>163409845
Standard as you can get.
>>
>>163410110
Might be, but I've never played it so it'll be different for me so that's good enough right now.

Don't even know what pyromancies to use tho
>>
File: 1482230601737.png (3MB, 2048x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1482230601737.png
3MB, 2048x1344px
>>163408954
>>163408968
>tfw working at job and no one mentions this
>not even updated on real life shit
I am cursed to live under a rock.
>>
>>163410231
>getting your news from /dsg/ instead of keeping up to date online on your own

That might explain your problem
>>
>>163409845
>Vitality 8

How do you move
>>
>>163410212
Fire surge for quick bursts, dark flame for trades, serpent to roll catch and GCFO/Vestiges for nuke. Everything else is up to you.
>>
>>163410439
>wasting points on VIT in DaS3 of all Souls games
>>
>>163410494
I mean how do people wear anything above medium armor you find at the start of the game?

Even just for fashion purposes it feels like heavy armor is just not worth it at all, just the lothric knight set is heavy as fuck
>>
>>163409845
>not showing the spells you'll use
>no fashion
>>
>>163410720
>>not showing the spells you'll use
I derped the screenshot, not used to using anything magic

>>no fashion
I have literally no clue what could look well, I use edgy as shit fashion on my other character
>>
File: pyroamnace.png (299KB, 968x653px) Image search: [Google]
pyroamnace.png
299KB, 968x653px
>>163410797
Here pic
>>
Only pros can answer this question.

Is there a way for me to complete the Lord of Hollows questline AND summon Yuria of Londor for the Lord of Cinders boss battle AND obtain Yuria's Ashes AND obtain Hollow's Ashes?
>>
>>163410996
No, stop being stupid
>>
Why does a butcher knife attack fast as warden twinblades? Why also yhorm's great axe?

Am I just being punished for not using a straight sword?
>>
>>163410996
You can just kill her before you start NG+ and grab Hollow's ashes from Dark Firelink.
>>
>>163411060
>Am I just being punished for not using a straight sword?
Just use a pole, or a scythe while they're hot shit
>>
Fuck that one jump on earthen peak that requires you to hug the wall and land on a little ~6 inch wide strip, but the jump off point is ALSO a 6 inch wide strip, so there's no clear mark from the edge when you jump.
>>
>>163411112
But then I can't summon her for the Lord of Cinders boss battle, right?
>>
do you get banned for using cheatengine in offline mode now?
>>
>>163411258
You can, but she can't survive the fight
>>
>>163411202
pic?
>>
>>163411202
>tried 20 times. Got it on the 4th try but the warden broke the vases poisoning me there so I couldn't get the chest
>complain on 4chan
>get it on the next try.
>>
>>163411343
What do you mean? If I summon her and defeat LoC, regardless of if she dies or not during the fight, she leaves a bunch of items in Firelink Shrine where she was previously standing.
However, if I kill her and pick up her ashes, I do not know if I can summon her for LoC. You've just said that I can, but I don't know what you mean by "she can't survive the fight."
Also, the various wikis mention that the Hollow's Ashes appear if Yoel of Londor is killed or dies as a result of the sigils being healed. Are you sure that they'd appear if I killed Yuria of Londor?
>>
>>163411624
Her items don't seem to appear and she remains standing there like normal after you kill the LoC even if you summon her, her survival of the entire fight is a factor in it
>>
>>163411624
Ah yes, I forgot about the Yuria's ASHES part, my mistake. You will get her gear if you summon her for SoC and she lives. Hollow's Ashes should be in Dark Firelink since you already leveled up though Yoel.

So just buy whatever stuff you wanted off Yuria now before you do SoC. Untrue rings, purging stones, dark hand, londor tome, etc.
>>
>>163411359
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9X2MsmQe5M

12:00
>>
I would literally pay for a DLC item that was just like, a fucking firepot. And al it did was destroy every single destructible item in a boss arena
>>
>>163387113
I'll address your points since I agree with them to an extent:
A clear,broad view certainly helps things, at least to assess the size of the area, seeing the area from numerous vantage points like what Dark Soils 3 did with it's main game areas was very nicely realized in my opinion.

It's really exciting to be able to look at where you're going to soon be traveling or look at the area you were some time ago from a different angle.

2. The internal mechanisms, the doors, ladders and elevators are also an interesring thing..
>>
>>163412110
I coulda sworn there was another way over there
>>
>>163412110
God DS2 is so fucking ugly
>>
File: Lone Slayer.png (310KB, 921x525px) Image search: [Google]
Lone Slayer.png
310KB, 921x525px
Anyone here still play Demon's Souls?

>>163412459
You too
>>
File: ohbaby.png (85KB, 200x418px) Image search: [Google]
ohbaby.png
85KB, 200x418px
http://rule34hentai.net/post/view/200972#search=Dark_Souls
>>
File: stormy.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
stormy.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>Try to use the Twinaxes because dat potential dps
>Go up against a BKH
>His attacks are faster than mine
>He has hyper armor and I don't
>He has better range than I do
>His attacks use less endurance

A-at least I get the spin2win r-right?

Seriously why would you make the twinaxes have no hyperarmor. They literally need it to work
>>
i wish faggots wouldn't do fightclubs in irithyl
>>
>>163412910
No one said being a helicopter would be easy
>>
>>163408415
Don't summon it. All summons do with Fume is make his defenses and resistances, which were insane already, better. It's always a net loss unless you summon a real person who knows what they're doing.
>>
>>163412459
I'm playing DS2 on a shitty 8 year old laptop and it looks better than his video. I'm blaming it on his video capture blurring everything and recording at a low framerate.

Earthen peak is also just a really ugly area.
>>
>>163413451
Not sure, I played DS2 and what little I remember I don't remember it for looking good or being good
>>
>>163408415
Fight him alone. Roll left every time. Attack infrequently to avoid his delayed shit
>>
>>163410570
You want poise for great weapons. 35 poise nets you the ability to one handed UGS trade against one handed straight swords, axes, etc. Two handed you can trade with anything short of another UG weapon.
>>
Holy shit, Aldrich is tough. Any tips on kicking his ass?
>>
File: 1433190310100.png (1MB, 852x1828px) Image search: [Google]
1433190310100.png
1MB, 852x1828px
Going to drink and stream DS1 and recreate my regen build in a bit come on in if you're bored

twitch/crunchyfinnmacauley
>>
>>163413652
During the first phase when he goes to do his arrow attack (you'll see him own a bow in the air) you can dodge it by getting behind him, he only does it in a cone.

For phase 2 you just need to run hard in a straight line then try looping back around to dodge it.

Also remember you can block the tiny little magic semen things he shoots out if you can't dodge them. You'll take some damage but you should have a shield or two at 65+ magic resist. Don't face tank them all if you don't have to but blocking a couple here and there kept me alive.
>>
>>163413652

What weapon are you using? He's susceptible to bleed like most bosses so put Carthus Rouge on if you can buff your weapon. The only attacks you have to watch out for are the Lifehunt Scythe spin and the arrow rain both in phase 2. For the spin when you see him start it only roll when the Gwyndolin part of his body moves forward. For the arrows when you see him start casting it get a hit or two in and run in a circular format with some zigzags across the arena while using the columns to dodge his other projectiles.

Also make sure to focus as much hits as you can on the Gwyndolin body as that takes more damage.
>>
>>163413515
>what little I remember

Did you do NG+?
Did you do the DLC?
Did you burn any bonfire ascetics?
Were you playing SOTFS?
Did you do lots of invasions and/or duels?

If not, then all you played was the worst part of DS2: the vanilla bosses. Everything else is generally superior to DS1 and some things are arguably still better than DS3.
>>
>>163412738
I cumm'd
>>
>>163413652
He takes more damage on his (gwyndolins) body, he's weak to fire, he's really weak to the artorias greatsword.

Phase 1
>Just punch him and run once he starts to go under
>His magic beads will head straight for you, sprint in any direction
>His arrow attack will be a *130 cone in front of him, so roll behind him and punch his ass

Phase 2
>Run
>Run
>Run
>His arrow attack is now chasing you, run in wide circles
>At the end of the arrow attack he usually shoots the two big blasts
>The magic beads now delay for about 3 seconds before charging 50% of the time so be wary
>Dodge his scythe swipes, honestly he misses most of the time anyway
>>
>>163413857
Awesome, thanks. I didn't know about the phase one arrows (although they were never really much of a problem), blocking the semen things was something that I didn't think of at all.

>>163413872
I'm using +6 caestus that I'm buffing with fire, I'll start using carthus rouge now that you recommended it though. Thanks for the specifics on the body, I was totally unaware that it was a weak point.

>>163414136
With all of this emphasis on running, I'm considering using a bow with fire arrows.
>>
>>163413932
I genuinely believe that DS2 was meant to be played on NG+ or with bonfire ascetics. The Boss AI improves dramatically, the NG+ drops seem more like what the original game meant to have, and even basic enemies use different/better movesets and their placement makes more sense (since you can't just tank everything like you can in vanilla). Bonfire Ascetic DS2 feels like DS1, where normal enemies can 2-3 hit kill you if you're not careful and every room now suddenly requires an approach strategy.
>>
File: metaAF.png (454KB, 1159x728px) Image search: [Google]
metaAF.png
454KB, 1159x728px
>>163410494
did somebody say really well optimized builds?
>>
>>163414531
>head
>naked
2/10 apply yourself
>>
>>163414595
fash is too cash
>>
>>163414340
i'm looking forward to ng+ after i finish sotfs on ng for a second time but this time not skipping anything and doing 100%. missed a bunch of areas, bosses and dlc entirely first time
>>
So Dark Souls 2

Where can you farm the item to turn back enemies/npcs who have been petrified?
>>
>>163414269
Fire arrows wouldn't be that bad but it would cost a lot. Really sometimes the rng just fucks you and he casts the arrow spam 5x until you die
>>
>>163414814
You don't theres a set amount in the game. But there's exactly enough to get everything. I'd just google it if you're far enough
>>
File: HOW DARE YOU.png (72KB, 234x266px) Image search: [Google]
HOW DARE YOU.png
72KB, 234x266px
Anybody has the original version of pic related ? I've been looking for it for weeks now
>>
>>163414814
This is what they use instead of keys to limit your progress too early on. You will always have enough branches available to get through the main game, but you might have to backtrack to get ones you missed if you used some unnecessarily (like on a few of the lion warriors in shaded woods).
>>
Good to see some DS2 discussion on here again. It has its flaws, a lot of them, but at the same time it has a shitload of viable weapons and a huge world. Takes a long time for a casual run. And the lost crowns combined with the sotfs update really made it into a different game.

Fuck not being able to get the blessing from Vendrick until the game is 90% over though. At least let us get it as soon as we get ashen mist heart in NG+.
>>
File: crei.jpg (236KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
crei.jpg
236KB, 1024x1448px
>>163415847
Some of the characters are pretty cool too, I really liked Creighton and Vengarl.
>>
File: miss.webm (660KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
miss.webm
660KB, 852x480px
Sometimes I can't tell if I'm attacking from too far away when I'm using this thing. I think he dodged it this time around at least.
>>
What do I do after defeating the burnt ivory king? I know for sure there I haven't 100% completed the dlc after beating only 2 bosses, but I've backtracked through the entire area already while looking for the 3 Knight allies.
>>
>>163416568
Your attack went over his head can't you see?
>>
>>163416645
There's a key in the bottom area that opens a gate to a very optional and very awesome area affectionately referred to as horsefuck valley. The boss isn't anything special and there isn't a good reward after it.

Basically, you completed the DLC. Many players skip the valley and I'd bet money on it being the least killed boss out there.
>>
>Darkmoons and Blue Sentinels do the same thing
Seriously, why?
>>
>>163416792
Yeah, I'm just making sure. Sometimes the perspective confuses me.
>>
>>163416991
Goes hand in hand with way of the blue. Also seems like they put fuck-all creative thought into covenants
>>
File: medium.jpg (43KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
43KB, 500x481px
>>163416991
>one covenant with succor
>one without succor
>>
Anybody else seeing a decline in summons lately? I can throw down my sign at any level appropriate boss and get picked up instantly over and over again but if I look for summons there never are any.

Is this an internet issue or are people just not helping out anymore? PS4 NAT type 2, but it was never an issue before and my ports are indeed open.
>>
>>163417387
Considering how gimped phantoms are it's not shocking to see that a lot of people don't want to do that shit. It's fucking dumb, they should have kept the system 2 had.
>>
I just got salt from an Invader
>Not really into PVP, but I respect people that are
>Playing Dark Souls I again to relive some glory days
>Get invaded
>Run past him and go into Ornstein and Smough's room
>He messages me on PSN saying "Come fight me you fucking pussy!"
>Respond simply with ":^)"
>He claims he reported me.
I'm losing my shit.
>>
File: succor.png (127KB, 358x314px) Image search: [Google]
succor.png
127KB, 358x314px
>>163417376
>succor
>SUCCor
Wow.
>>
Are the Dancer's Enchanted Swords useless with D scaling across the board?

Is there a tier list or at least a "Avoid these weapons like the plague" list somewhere?
>>
>>163417497
For bosses it's unembered health and half estus. Which for me and at least half of all builds isn't an issue, because I don't use magic or weapon arts that often.

I can see and I agree with you on the PvP issue but throwing down your sign in front of a fog gate shouldn't be an issue. You can easily beat most bosses with 7 estus. The only issue is when the host is a complete shitter and summons 2 other phantoms, some bosses can do 90 percent of your health in a single hit.
>>
File: Dark Souls 3 tier list beta4.jpg (2MB, 5400x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3 tier list beta4.jpg
2MB, 5400x2500px
>>163418109

Here's the current tier list for 3.

Dancer's Swords work best on a standard quality build since their elemental damage also uniquely scales off physical stats meaning you'll get the same scaling on all 3 damage types. If you hit with full L1s you'll do respectable damage but the basic R1s are the bread and butter attacks and those aren't greatly damaging. Running L1s are good roll-catches but otherwise L1 moves have too much windup. The WA is unparryable but it has a noticeable windup as well and people can escape from it even if you hit with it after a few ticks of damage that will lead to like 300~ damage at most.
>>
>>163418109
PvE is git gud with everything. Some thing require more finesse than others but at least one person has beaten the entire fucking game with thorn armor rolls, no summons or weapons/shields.

PvP is a shit show where either lag destroys your dreams or some try hard kid uses the most meta shit possible and chugs like he's about to die of dehydration.
>>
>>163418261
>>163418363
Yeah, I realize the general answer to is something good is to git gud yourself but I just wanted to avoid the actual dumpster fire weapons to save myself the time/souls/shards
>>
>>163415939
>Pate? More like Pâté! After I put an end to his roguery. Heh heh.
>>
>>163419906
Creightons set is probably my favorite in the entire series minus elite knight from DaS1 only and Henryk's from Bloodborne. The leggings are full retard though and look like footie pajamas.
>>
>>163415939
Benhardt was pretty based as well. That guy just gave negative fucks.
>>
>>163420451
Benhardt was great, his backstory and character were a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>163420523
I felt really bad about the sword though. He probably has had people try to steal it or kill him for it, and the family legend surrounding it is that it will awaken for a true warrior.

He went to Drangleic, battled many foes and even the Giant Lord himself after traveling through memories, and never manages to unlock its potential, because it isn't there. He must have had some angst over the whole thing, and if you help him enough he gives it to you, his last, most prized possession. Only for it to just be a piece of shit. It shows that he was great, maybe even better than the cursed one because he did it all with a fucking replica sword without dying.

Just what a shame. He might not have been the best written but once you do his storyline and think about what he has told you in relation to the truth, it's gotta be up there with the best of the NPC storylines. Better than virtually everything in DaS3.
>>
File: Benhart of Jugo.png (74KB, 825x420px) Image search: [Google]
Benhart of Jugo.png
74KB, 825x420px
>>163420451
>>163420523
Guess this would be an interesting time to share my Benhart cosplay
>>
>>163415847
The hate train cooled off pretty fast when peopel finally finished DS3's DLC and then starting going back and replaying DS1 and realized how many flaws are in both.

I think a vast majority of DS2's problems just came from a massively rushed launch, trying to counter some of the invasion issues from DS1 (DS1 poise, red eye orb, twinking, SL-based mathcmaking, etc.) and trying to make the game easier/linear/more accessible for a wider audience.

I feel like, in another universe, DS1 wasn't extremely popular and DS2 came out in 2012-2013 on PS3 only, wasn't rushed, had had SOTFS fixes, and played single palyer out like how NG+ feels in DS2.

Instead we got a really compromised version where the first 30% of the game is the worst part of it, and the rest is great.

And DS3's problems mostly come from overcompensating from that miscalculation.

Oh From, you quirky idiotic developer. Never change.
>>
>>163420864
>Only for it to just be a piece of shit
Ironically, the BMGS was actually a pretty decent weapon when infused with Raw, and the real MLGS sucked big time in DS2.
>>
File: 1421884227073.png (151KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
1421884227073.png
151KB, 421x500px
>Kill Aldrich, my third Lord of Cinder
>Go outside
>The entire sky is red and there's a giant dark sign in the sky

What did I do

WHAT DID I DOOOOOO
>>
>>163421002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEsSpr80e64
>>
>>163421002
How'd you pull it off? I'm still having trouble at the guy.
>>
>>163421082
I'll boot up DS3 to help you out. PC?
>>
>>163421160
PS4, unfortunately. It's fine though, I'll probably get him eventually.
>>
>tfw you didn't kill the dogs first
>tfw you just went all out DPS fight with no tactics
>tfw you died at the same time as the boss
it worked
>>
>>163421082

Got lucky I guess at times. Managed to pull off the Wolf Knight Greatsword's two handed L2+R2 twice in a row which with my around 30 strength at the time did the last 600 I needed.
>>
>>163421202
I'm on PS4 and I can help. Of course if you'd rather beat him yourself I understand. Sometimes it's better. I played through sotfs recently and I had to solo fume and aava for the first time, took me a while but I didn't have anyone to rely on anyone to carry my sorry ass anymore.
>>
>>163421002
wot
that's not supposed to happen
>>
What would be a good build for the crystal rapier in DS3? I'm thinking about changing my character's stats around to make them work with it, but I'm not sure exactly how to get started.

>>163421359
That would actually be great, I'd really appreciate it if you don't mind being the one doing the most damage to the boss.
>>
>>163421449
Alright I'll boot up. Do you want to meet at the bonfire or in front of the fog gate? Set your password in the settings to dsg so we get matched regardless of level.
>>
>>163421516
The bonfire would probably be best. I'm not incredibly good at Souls games just yet, so I still have a bit of trouble against the enemies in the area.
>>
>>163421574
Sure. I'll be on in a few seconds. For future reference you can run past most shit no issue.
>>
>>163421574
That was really weird I couldn't outrun the arrows. If you need another go my sign is back down
>>
>>163421449

Assuming you start Sorcerer base 13 STR/18 Dex for the requirements and 60 INT is enough for the CSR. It gets you two more AR compared to 40 DEX and 40 INT and allows you to gouge stats in Vigor, Endurance and Attunement while reaching the Court Sorcerer's Staff softcap. If you go up to 125 in fact you can reach 39 Vigor, 40 END, and 18 ATT with this set-up.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/128690

This set-up allows you to switch between the Court Sorcerer's Staff and Ethereal Oak Shield while main handing the CSR easily, allowing you to cast spells and rapier turtle on and off at your pleasure. Edit the armor, rings and spells to your preference but the spells listed there are generally the best Sorceries for PvP.
>>
>>163415939
>>163419906
>>163420451

Let's not forget Lucatiel. Her dialog is some of the best in the series, I don't think any other point in the series I have ever felt more aware of how terrifying it would be to slowly go hollow.

I think that peer pressure to make DS2 big and huge and epic really hurt it in the long run, because it meant they didn't get to spend as much time on the areas that did work out really well.

I really think that Dark Souls 2 is going to go down like Armored Core Nexus.

>New engine, but looks really similar to the old one
>TONS OF CONTENT HOLY SHIT lots of weapons, multiple storylines, more open-world approach, epic 'scale', lots of characters
>...a lot of wasted content and filler and half-finished stuff. Too much content, even, for the dev time it had.
>Story so convoluted / pointless that it takes 3-4 playthroughs just to get the whole picture about what you're actually doing and why
>a few new mechanics that were completely broken at launch.
>Lots of memorable events despite this, and the good parts are way better than previous games
>first time you could seriously dual wield in the franchise.
>more of a multiplayer focus/balance to the weapons
>Was disliked by hardcore fans when it came out
>After later games made things easier and more boring, it was looked back on fondly, is now considered one of the better titles
>>
>>163415939
I liked the majority of the NPCs in 2 desu. The fact that there were a lot of them and several didn't automatically kill themselves on quest completion helped.
Vengarl and Benhart swear to be your bros and help you out, and then make good on it until you become king.

They made the world feel more alive, because you're building and about to start another kingdom as apposed to DS1/DS3 where shit is fuck and we're either resetting or becoming a Lord of fucks where death doesn't matter.
>>
>>163421905
You helped out a lot, but I could only get him down to about 1/4 of his health before dying. I'd love to get your help again, but I'm actually out of embers right now. If you're all right with waiting for a few minutes, I can probably farm some souls to buy another one.
>>
>>163420993
Bluemoon is DS2's Drake sword.

DS2's moonlight greatsword only seems bad because of it's insane OP-ness when it first came out, and the fact that it's harder to get than a lot of the 'easier' to obtain special greatswords (thorned, curved dragon, etc.) without being that much better.

But as one of the few Int-scaling weapons that can actually trade damage, it's got a solid niche. I think if it was any more powerful it would be a bit too strong. Any weaker and it would be useless.
>>
>>163422159
Go for it I'm good to wait a while. It was a stupid death anyways.
>>
>>163422159
Another tip, too is if you save and quit in the boss fight, obviously quickly so he doesn't kill you in your menu, you will be placed outside the fight again when you reload.
>>
>replaying 3
>haven't touched it in a while
>Beat Sully
>"Fuck's sake, now I have to deal with these fuckheads right after that"
>Double Aldrich invasion
>"Fuck this"
>Toast emote
>They both act really fucking exasperated
>One drops an item, I remain unmoved
>One eventually BCs out
>The other does the kneeling emote and matches his hand with the toasting emote, obviously screencapping, fair do's
>then throws shit at me since it's just us and we may as well actually fight
>rekts me

Even in it's most dickheaded moments, DaS can bring out that spirit of camaraderie.
>>
>>163422159
Alright, that was 100% my fault. Thought he was going for a melee and I was getting greedy
>>
>>163422587
No problem at all, I actually just realized that I have more than enough titanite shards to spare (like over 50), so I can just sell some off for embers. I'll summon you in a few.
>>
File: 24 hour FC.jpg (2MB, 1912x2475px) Image search: [Google]
24 hour FC.jpg
2MB, 1912x2475px
Remember to join in, /dsg/
>>
File: KUYASHII!.jpg (187KB, 1030x688px) Image search: [Google]
KUYASHII!.jpg
187KB, 1030x688px
>>163420301
he also has the best looking axe in the whole series by far, unless you count the cut evangelist axe. a pity we couldn't get the tufts of hair
>>
>>163421996
I actually started with herald, so my stats are probably going to look a little different.
>>
How are Pyromancies in Ds3?
>>
Thanks so much, dude. I really appreciate the help.
>>
>>163422105
oh, come on. fulfilling a life's dream and dying or whatever is a better way to give you their equip before goodbye. benhart went from "there's no way im parting with this family heirloom alive" to "just take all my shit, senpai" within 1 boss killed. and the world is dying, what do you expect? not to mention the barely any npc interaction in majula, other than 2 lines of dialogue at best.
but i will agree that vengral's story is pretty great. kind of reminds me of gough, but with a way to get his shit that made sense and didn't involve killing him even though you did kill him in a sense. if i pretend that after he gives the helm, he doesn't wear it, it makes total sense
>>
>>163422672
That was the most fucked fight I have ever done. He did the teleport slam so many times without actually teleporting. I have never seen him stand still and let half his health get taken off like that either. What level are you by the way? I got downscaled hard.
>>
>>163422773
Best in series if you want to play a dedicated pyro.
>>
Just finished Dark Souls, sort of. First playthrough. Which ending should I choose? I already know if I walk out that Frampt is like "Welcome back my lord." Or if you rest at the bonfire you catch on fire. Which do I choose?
>>
>>163423027
No problem man. Props for getting that far with fist weapons. The bosses are gonna get a lot tougher from here for fists though. Just a warning. Keep doing you though.
>>
>>163423202
>>163423137
I'm only at level 50, which might partially explain why I'm having trouble with a few of these things. I've beaten a few of the bosses on my own though, so it proves that I'm not doing too badly. I actually plan on switching over to the Crystal Sage's Rapier.
>>
>>163423027
Also don't forget to take off the password or you won't see or be able to be summoned by anyone else without that password.
>>
>>163423274
No, that's about appropriate. I'm late game with like 2 bosses left.

I'd advise strongly against the crystal sage rapier. It's not so good for damage. There's plenty of other light weapons that don't require such weird stat investments to actually do damage with too.
>>
>>163423189
pls respond
>>
>>163423184
Really? Maybe I'm not playing it right then...Is there a decent build/gear list I can follow?
>>
File: laugh at the fag.jpg (204KB, 700x523px) Image search: [Google]
laugh at the fag.jpg
204KB, 700x523px
>>163402828
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0LU5KFTHpg0
>>
>>163423356
I like its design, but if it's going to hinder me too much, then I guess that I could drop it for something better. The dragonslayer's axe and demon's fist were also things that I was considering, are either of those decent at all?
>>
>>163423410
Get great chaos fire orb, get sage ring and both caster rings, annihilate pve.
It's that easy.
>>
>>163423570
Don't you have to trek like half the game just to get that spell? Game is so linear it hurts.
>>
>>163423489
I'm not too familiar with the demons fist. The dragonslayer axe will go a lot further than either of those but it will always be middle of the pack. There was a chart posted a little while back that is mostly accurate and shows good weapons in every category. But like I said, unless you're doing PvP you can work with anything, shit might just be harder than it has to be.
>>
>>163423676
Fair enough, I'll give that chart a look. Thanks again for the help.
>>
>>163423570
>all that work only to have sub-par shit health/stam for invasions for majority of the game
>can start a new knight or warrior, grab a raw ASS or rush waifumore/waifuberge and be unstoppable to all monsters and players before even hitting 20
>>
>>163423634
>trek like half the game
kill gundyr
kill vordt
kill abyss watchers
get the witch ring and spell
>>163423740
>invasions
who the fuck was talking about invasions you inbred retard
>>
>>163423946
You're going to get invaded by playing through the game you dumbass unless you disconnect yourself like a cuckboi
>>
>failed to log into the network
>could not verify PS Plus account
>failed to retrieve caibrations
>unable to locate required add-on
Every time I try to play this piece of shit there's some fucking problem. FUCK
>>
>>163424636
>You're going to get invaded by playing through the game
So?
>>
>PS4
>SL83 +10

Feels bad, man.
Anyone need help with anything in the base game?
>>
File: 20161108235232_1.jpg (485KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161108235232_1.jpg
485KB, 1920x1080px
>>163423410
>start as a pyromancer, get base requirements for astora straight sword (+1 into DEX) and 27VIG first, endurance is not crucial, you won't go for more than 15-20 anyway
>stomp the entirety of hight wall, get ASS and make it RAW
>free Cornyx in the Settlement, optionally Yoel, go for Lord of Hollows storyline, and unlock Yuria, Dark Hand on low levels is extremely effective after swing speed buff or wrecking Dancer early if you wish so
>skip rest of the Settlement for now and go straight for the Abyss Watchers, only stop to get the Sage Ring not far away from the place Heysel invades you for the first time, in a small room filled with water near the stairway leading to the building
>proceed into the Catacombs, just rush into the Smoulndering Lake, get the Witch Ring, get Izalith Pyromancy Tome, get that shit to Cornyx, learn GCFO, congratulations, now you're an official pve stomper
>revisit all areas you've skipped, notable loot includes Great Swamp Pyromancy Tome in crab land, Carthus Pyromancy Tome in Catacombs, Saint-tree Bellvine in the CotD (provides Sage Ring casting bonus to any catalyst held in another hand without actually requiring it, allows to save a SHITTON of flasks because you can just passively regen with WA non-stop so convert some of your estus flasks into blue flasks, leave only enough for panic healing)
>proceed through the Smouldering Lake, kill the boss for Chaos Bed Vestiges which is worse than GCFO for pve but better for pvp
That's basically all you need to set up a pyromancer in this game. Then proceed through the game naturally, at some point get base stats for Onyx Blade because it's the best pyro weapon, get yourself a chaos-infused longsword for general pve. Unlock Karla as she provides some of the best pyromancies in the game both for pve and pvp. Aim for at least SL120 or better yet, 130 if you want to witness full power of pyromancy.
>>
>>163423189
It doesn't matter, because the game is trash.
>>
>>163423189
I'm pretty sure you only have the option to light yourself on fire unless you placed the Lordvessal with Kaathe, which you need to do for the Dark Lord ending
>>
File: Gwyndolin.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gwyndolin.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>163423189

Dark Lord is the true ending.
>>
>>163426315
>>163423189
Nevermind I'm dumb, it literally doesn't matter since whichever ending you choose boots you back to NG+

>>163426391
Is it actually? I remember Kaathe being mentioned in DS3 and apparently something about the serpents in the dlc, does it imply there was a dark lord in lordran?
>>
>>163426456
Dark Lord ending isn't canon because Kaathe is still looking for the Dark Lord (of Hollows) in DaS3
also, the Firelink armor is designed to look like Elite Knight armor fucked up by flames which implies that SoC is the Chosen Undead
>>
I think I found the most fun PvE build
pontiff left eye + pontiff right eye + carthus beacon + old wolf curved sword and any twin-weapon or Crow Talon WA
>>
File: 1447820990916.png (551KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
1447820990916.png
551KB, 600x601px
What kind of build lets me be a stand user?
>>
File: sirris.jpg (25KB, 437x500px) Image search: [Google]
sirris.jpg
25KB, 437x500px
Is she just the dumbest fucking NPC in the universe? I've been trying to help Sirris out to finish her questline, but she is literally letting herself die to Hodrick by wasting the fuck out of her magic by healing at inopportune times and attacking him during attacks that she obviously can't stop by staggering him. It's so fucking frustrating trying to save her and then failing because she's an idiot.
>>
>>163427312
More like you need to git gud if you can't kill him.
>>
>>163427312
she IS terrible at combat, but I haven't had her die once to grandad
git the fuck gud my man
>>
>>163426941
they failed him, every last one of them
>>
>>163427292
twinking dragon stones. they both scale int/fai iirc. but it's shit. alternatively, you can be a stand or summon a friend as a stand
>>163427312
she is pretty dumb as a character, but not as dumb as lucatiel or felicia the daft, who insist on taking night swims without knowing how to stay afloat
>>
>>163427292
A what?
>>
File: cr8.png (4MB, 1261x2575px) Image search: [Google]
cr8.png
4MB, 1261x2575px
>>163415939
>creighton is back in ds3
>member of one of the joinable covenants
>the only possible interaction is killing him
fuck you memezaki
>>
Would anybody be willing to help me out with The Dancer? She's causing me a bit of trouble right now and I'd really appreciate the help.
>>
>>163428814
Sure thing, before the fog pass dsg?
>>
>>163428814

PC? PW?
>>
>>163428847
Sure, no problem.
>>163428856
PS4.
>>
>>163428885
>PS4
oh
Well good luck then
>>
>>163428937
Oh well, no problem.
>>
What are the best quality weapons in DaS1 aside from Claymore?
>>
>>163429059
Longsword, Halberd, Zweihander
>>
>>163429059

Murakumo
>>
>>163429059
demon's spear >>>>>>> anything
>>
>>163428994
Still need help m8?
>>
>>163429752
That fucking 2h R2 as a wake up attack from 30ft away
>>
>>163430174
Yeah, I do. Would you be willing to help?
>>
>>163430249
O F C O U R S E
Pw? Be there in a minute
>>
>>163430319
Awesome, thanks a ton. Be warned: I'm going to be attacking, but I'm also going to REALLY be keeping my distance during most of the fight for this one. Dancer just isn't as easy for me to predict as other bosses. Password is dsg
>>
>>163430407
Consider her dead
>>
>>163430447
Great! Just give me a minute to rekindle myself and I'll be summoning you very soon. Thanks again.
>>
>>163404669
Souls isn't "brutally difficult", just punishing for mistakes.
>>
>>163430407
Reminder that you can rollspam through her wombocombo

>>163430717
The 'brutal' difficulty comes mostly from people who're salty they cant faceroll the game
Honestly there arent a lot of cases where i died and in retrospect it was actually unfair; it was just me approaching it wrong
Or not paying attention to the giant hole in the ground
>>
>>163430836
Thanks again for the third time, you were a great help!
>>
>no blue lothric armor
>no silver Knight spear
>no batwing demon spear
>no squid helmet or paladin set
>no tracers
>no Gough greatbow
>>
>>163430952
Lol that wasn't me but no problem dude
I also dropped you 20 embers in case you didn't see them
Need help with anything else just ask
>>
File: Black_Knight_Greatsword_II.png (7KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Knight_Greatsword_II.png
7KB, 220x165px
>>163430954
>tfw your favorite weapon will never make another appearance
Yeah yeah i know the DS1 variant is in. i like this one better though
>>
>>163430954
>No Paladin set
Morne's
>>
>>163431087
Honestly I disliked ds2s versions
The split damage pissed me off and so did their movesets but they were great weapons in game
>>163431113
No I meant the actual paladin set from ds1
Leeroys yellow armor with the Grant and sanctus
>>
>>163431087
>Black knight greatsword
That's not even a Black Knight weapon, it's the Syan knight greatsword but for some retarded reason they named it after the black knights.
>>
I fought a host and his butt buddy, now I really find this aspect of the game cheapens the deal even further if you PvP status afflictions have killed me quicker than any basic attack or running attack spammers ever have. I visibly made the host panic by getting a parry on the first attack the butt buddy phantom did with a Carthus curved sword and the host ran around like a retard until his friend could bail his ass out, a blue spawned and I killed him in thirty seconds. I got stacked bleed at around 60% of my hp bar after nailing a parry on the host but the butt buddy saved his ass I took two hits and lost all my health in one fucking go thanks to how broken status afflictions are.
Whoever thought it was a good idea to allow affliction stack even when you block or dodge needs to be fucking shot, I love losing to less skilled retards.
>>
>>163431014
Oh shit, I didn't even notice. I was too caught up in just having beat the boss and went back to Firelink to buy the Dancer's gear, I guess I missed out on those. Sorry about that.
>>
>>163431262
Haha no problem m8
Just be wary of friendlies who point down
if a red points down then destroy him
>>
>>163431113
morne's looks like a fallen paladin's armor. not unexpected from someone who worships a demoness, but we still need the run-of-the-mill, shiny good boy armor
>>
>>163431554
Herald armor is good for that.
>>
File: mfw you produce light.jpg (33KB, 304x393px) Image search: [Google]
mfw you produce light.jpg
33KB, 304x393px
>can summon in the gutter when it has no boss
call vaati
>>
>>163431643

Rotten?
>>
File: 1481125011306.jpg (51KB, 497x826px) Image search: [Google]
1481125011306.jpg
51KB, 497x826px
>>163431316
soullless, the fuck is your problem?!
>>
>>163431679
>black gulch
>>
>>163425650
>Onyx Blade
>Implying I have the DLC.
Can you use the sword regardless without DLC? Could someone drop it for me on PC by chance?
>>
>>163425650
Too bad the ASS is the only good option because of how OP it is. And that I need to mainly game skip and rush to smouldering lake to get the one good stuff.

I will restart a new game soon because I don't like some of the choices I've made but I was playing it by exploring 100% before that and its a huge pain.
>>
>>163431704
If I'm not mistaken, he banned somebody from his chat or something for pointing down at him?
>>
>>163431779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zBa1_-YOPk
>>
What helmet goes good with Wolf Knight armor that isn't the Wolf Knight helm, does anyone know?
The basic knight helm doesn't look very good with it.
>>
>>163431857
Nameless Knight
>>
File: moral degeneracy.png (764KB, 669x832px) Image search: [Google]
moral degeneracy.png
764KB, 669x832px
>>163431857
>wearing Artorias' armor with anything but it's helm
>>
Refresh my memory lads
The moonlight greatsword in ds1 was pure magic damage correct?
>>
>>163431898
I don't want an open helm.
>>163431968
I dislike the helmet because I just do get over it.
>>
>>163432019
yes, but actually ds1 and ds3 mlgs deal around the same amount of magic damage on full scaling
>>
>>163432019
ye
>>
>>163432019

Yes.
>>
>>163432051
Lothric Knight Helm?
>>
>>163431848
Is it normal to move that fast wearing that armor?
>>
>>163432104
>>163432113
>>163432123
Thanks guys
>>
>>163432051
>>163432202
Alternatively, Cathedral or Faraam helm?
>>
>>163432202
Not bad but still too clean so I opted to use Cathedral knight helmet and that's what I sort of wanted.
>>
>>163432279
Don't own Faraam helm yet. At least not on this character I've made.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
MORTE ET DABO
>>
>>163432420
Alt+f4 immediately.
>>
File: exorcism.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
exorcism.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
>>163432420
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fRjtaz90WY
>>
>>163431857
Outrider Knight Helm, makes for top tier ice-knight fashion.
>>
>>163432612
Undertale is gayer than my best friend who's actually gay.
>>
>>163432698
I don't have that helmet yet either.
>>
File: feels night.jpg (67KB, 889x987px) Image search: [Google]
feels night.jpg
67KB, 889x987px
>tfw no watcher shield to ding when you parry
>>
>>163432995
Get to Grand Archives ASAP m8 it's a pretty swell armor combo in my humble opinion.

>>163433058
>No Mace of the Insolent that rings every time you swing it
>No Sacred Chime Hammer for big boi bell shenanigans

I miss my bell build from DS2
>>
>>163433270
I have to beat all the other lords and I still got several left before I can access the Archive's or is there a way to access them quicker?
>>
>>163432210
In DS3 if you have less than 70% equip load, you move as fast as under 25% in DS1. I mean, if the guy hacked then fuck him, I would've banned him as well.
>>
>>163432545
Still good. It's haunting and it makes you feel hollow on the inside.
>>
>>163431772
Yes you can use it. Imagine if guy with DLC weapon invaded you and you didn't have DLC, you see his weapon normally and not a giant pink dildo, because you already had the files for that weapon on your hdd. I could drop it for you in like 15min if you're still here
>>
>>163433306
Oh it's much easier then in DS1 then. What about fast rolls then? Under 12.5%?
>>
>>163433539
I'm still here. I got a pyyromancer who can use it and if it's a decent weapon I'd love to use an actual sword for her raw ASS is good but compared to weapons with massive HA it's shit.
>>
>>163433290
No unfortunately From made it so the key doesn't drop until all the other lords are dead.
>>
>>163429176
>zwei
>quality

that mighty D scaling surely will carry me through the game memehander is all around dog shit though
>>
>>163432420
I love this theme. I love the Majula theme. Holy fuck god damn do I love this game. I wish it was as good as the rest of the series.
>>
>>163433840
The HA when you 2h that thing is immense but good luck swinging it more than two times at base END.
>>
>>163433779
Yeah I figured as much I got Yhorm, Aldritch and the Twin Princesses of course to deal with.
>>
Is there any better STR weapon than large club?
>>
>>163434049
great club
>>
>>163434049
My dick
>>
>>163434113
>dick
>not an S in dex
Wew
>>
>>163433539
>>163433725
sign down at high wall bonfire pass dsg
>>
>>163434113
Your tiny reinforced club doesn't account for the great club.
>>
>>163434165

>implying it has any scaling
>>
>>163434280
I don't see anything. My female is named Alcmene.
>>
>>163434104
Looks like shit therefore it's shittier.
>>
>>163434415
>>163434280
I got the password and this female is NG+ but I don't see your sign down anywhere nearby the Highwall bonfire whatsoever.
>>
>>163434595
game cycles mean nothing in DaS3 matchmaking, only levels and max weapon upgrade matters
>>
I didn't know there were people who think Large Club looks better.
>>
>>163434696
which is ignored when using password, forgot to add that
>>
>>163434696
>>163434780
Well I know that but I'm not getting anything on my end so I'm not sure what gives here.
>>
>>163434717
i do. i also prefer the ds1 moveset
>>
>>163434850
>>163434780
Go to the undead settlement bonfire if you want and the password isn't /dsg/ and there's no capitals it's just dsg correct?
>>
File: smug knight.jpg (57KB, 289x288px) Image search: [Google]
smug knight.jpg
57KB, 289x288px
>>163434343
>weapon art gives it a DeS throwback and imbues it with sticky white stuff
>>
What are the notable poise breakpoints for great sword users? I wanna meme up the arena with the MLGS.
>>
>>163435110
Pale pine resin / Aeomatic Ooze is the DeS Sticky White Stuff.
>>
I need help with Sir Alonne...
>>
>>163434780
>>163434696
Yeah I still got nothing what's your Steam name if you're still here?
>>
>>163431715
Black Gulch is only considered a new area by the area naming system, the Rotten is the designated boss of the area similar to how Aldrich is the boss of post-Pontiff Irithyll and Darkmeme tomb.
>>
>Great Scythe is awesome
>it looks like shit with any armor that isn't gold hemmed black set
>stick to this armor for whole game because it makes me look like Grim Reaper
>>
Most of the armors in this game looks like shit, double that if you play anything but a knight-like character.

No gold-hemmed robes for pyro this time around...
>>
File: 20161222071452_1.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161222071452_1.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
Can't write Shanalotte without anal
>>
File: CxiD5yf.jpg (233KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
CxiD5yf.jpg
233KB, 1366x768px
>>163435498
Lothric's robes are the obvious spiritual successor for the Gold-Hemmed set.
>>
File: 20161222070301_1.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161222070301_1.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
If they don't make the FUGS great again in the next patch I riot
>>
>>163435551
Not as good looking but they will do. Fallen Knight set is very good looking for a medium weight armor. I've been using that but mainly looking for cloth.
>>
File: 1476656161501.jpg (758KB, 906x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1476656161501.jpg
758KB, 906x1102px
>>163435540
>tfw not chilling around the bonfire with her
>>
>>163435678
>tfw no sallet
>>
File: evang.jpg (376KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
evang.jpg
376KB, 800x1080px
>>163435551
>that face
I'LL CLEANSE THE BASTARD'S CURSE
>>
>>163435771
Why do they have beards?
>>
>>163435678
I wish they brought Royal Swordsman set back either in dlc2 or a new i.p that's a break from the earlier ones like Dark Souls was from Demon's and Bloodborne was from Dark.

Would also love to see Kettle Helm and the Drangleic Infantry stuff return
>>
>>163435830
I don't know about you anon but my grandma had a beard.
>>
>>163435771
Never noticed that that's a whip on their belt.
>>
>>163435941
So thats why we find the notched whip in the cathedral
>>
>>163435941
Same whip you find in the Cleansing Chapel. Neat little thematic tie-in.
>>
>>163435343
But it's very different in style and you can't even go from the gulch to the gutter. The warp catalogue has them separate too
>>163435551
It's basically a non-tattered version
>>163435678
>parries u
>dusk ring swordring hornet swaps
>ripostes u for your entire healthbar
Should of stayed satisfied w/ what u hav. Now you're paying the price... kiddo...
>>
>>163435830
Menopause
>>
File: 1473795557680.jpg (57KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
1473795557680.jpg
57KB, 728x636px
>>163435941
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1352940/
>Dark Souls III (Video Game)
Nestling / Cathedral Evangelists (voice)

>Dark Souls II (Video Game)
Alsanna - Scholar of the First Sin DLC (voice)

>Dark Souls (Video Game)
Itinerant Merchant Woman / Gwynevere / Priscillia the Dragon Crossbreed (voice)

>Demon's Souls (Video Game)
Saint Astraea (voice)
>>
File: CarlsCarl.png (521KB, 1280x736px) Image search: [Google]
CarlsCarl.png
521KB, 1280x736px
>>163435697
>>163435540
AW FRIGGIN' HELL YEAH, GETTIN' IT ON TONIGHT. MY FREAKIN' SAUSAGE IN THOSE THINGS MAN
>>
File: 20161222071218_1.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161222071218_1.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
>>163435540

WHOA MAMA
>>
File: 1464626289889.jpg (63KB, 736x543px) Image search: [Google]
1464626289889.jpg
63KB, 736x543px
>tfw no thicc body type or slider in the character creation
>>
>>163435265
>he can't make him seppuku on Ngmax
L m a o
>>
>>163436223
You expect too much by From Software.
>>
>>163435862
>tfw no kirkhammer
>you will never crush knights with a giant stone cube
>>
File: 20161117172101_1.jpg (786KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161117172101_1.jpg
786KB, 1920x1080px
>>163436223

This is the thickest I could get
>>
>>163436361
Could be better.
>>
>>163436361
Mmmmh, pretty nice
>>
File: 20161117172106_1.jpg (716KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161117172106_1.jpg
716KB, 1920x1080px
>>163436425

The thickest without making a landwhale
>>
DaS1 > BB > DeS > DaS3 > DaS2

Dark Souls 1 had amazing world design and felt the most like an adventure. It had tons of memorable moments, and a lot of the bosses are still a joy to fight. Lost Izalith is the worst area in any Souls game, though.

Bloodborne had great combat, bosses, and a really interesting setting. Also bullshit like winter lanterns.

Demon's Souls had great level design and atmosphere. A lot of small things are outdated, like how fucking long it takes to go up and down ladders.

Dark Souls 3 had really good bosses, but most areas weren't very memorable to me.

It was fun using the large club in Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>163436525
Sure now take the clothes off and wear something skimpy so I can truly appreciate curves huh?
everything is so damn flat in this game it isn't funny, not even women are appealing.
>>
>>163436620

Fuck off my wife is pure
>>
>>163436291
That's because japs don't like curvy women or big asses. A shame desu.
>>
File: 1377241069626.jpg (98KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1377241069626.jpg
98KB, 600x600px
>>163435551
>face isn't fully obscured by the hood
>no gloves
>skirt doesn't look for of layers of cloth

It's such a big downgrade. I'm still mad gold hemmed is in game wrapped around a book
>>
>>163436574
Hi Lucifer

>Demon's Souls
It's so floaty it makes me nauseous. The ladders are horrible and the grass system coupled with second chance meant that your opponent could delay duels for days.
>>
>>163436709
Pure for riding all night long you get what I'm sayin' oh yeah! Got a preset build for her at least by chance then?
>>163436723
I prefer the word voluptuous the word curvy means fat fucks and it's used totally wrong everytime.
>>
>>163436574
>bullshit winter lanterns
Found the faggot who turned off his console whenever he heard the lovely singing
https://youtu.be/uQoqR4CKzBM
>>
File: THICK.webm (3MB, 1000x628px) Image search: [Google]
THICK.webm
3MB, 1000x628px
>>163436223
>>
>>163436709
Put those sexy slave knight legs you love so much
>>
>>163436796

I just maxed the leg slider until the point where it starts to affect the waist too.

And don't forget to reduce the torso so you don't get manshoulders
>>
>>163436874
Now how did you make that or how was that made?
>>
>>163435498
>not wearing knight armor as a bandit to mock their institution

do you even roleplay?
>>
>>163436959
>Sellsword chestpiece+nameless Helm/Legs+Legion Gauntlets

Gotta go full on that wandering/deserting knight look
>>
>>
>>163436959
I do but I'm not a bandit/asshole in that playtrough.
>>
File: 1470165934214.jpg (68KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1470165934214.jpg
68KB, 576x1024px
>>163436796
Meh, curvy voluptuous, all the same. As long as the girl has delicious child bearing hips and a big tasty butt it's good for me.
>>
>>163437027

So parries work 360 around you?
>>
>>163437067
>not being an asshole every playthrough
>>
>>163437124

Imagine a bubble is formed around you for a few moments when you parry, if anyone's parriable weapon attack crosses that bubble they get parried.
>>
>People who wear the Nameless Knight Set
>People who wear the Nameless Knight Set with a dark sword and a caestus
>People who wear the Nameless Knight Set with a dark sword and a caestus and three phantoms
Invading in the Catacombs yields interesting results
>>
>>163437067
What are you gay?
>>
>>163437145
>>163437219
Maybe
>>
>>163437121
>>163436796
I like curvaceous, good search term too.
>>
>>163437182

But only if they're directly facing you, right? or it also works with dead angling?
>>
>>163437121
I guess but they do have different dictionary meanings. I'm into hips, thighs, butt and breasts if ya got a girl with the full package I'll take it.
>>163437189
Nameless Knight set isn't bad or at least the body isn't I like it enough, the open helm is trash though. Caestus and spamming phantoms is total faggotry though.
>>
>>163436827
Frenzy is kind of a retarded status in the first place, but to have an enemy that can rapidly inflict it on you just by being in their general vicinity is just too over-the-top, especially if they're also resistant to staggering in a game with a particular focus on melee combat.

I know I'm salty and not gud. But goddamn, Nightmare of Mensis is the one thing that always makes me not want to play the game again. And to a lesser degree, Unseen Village.
>>
>>163437317

Dead angling isn't parriable, it's like asking if it works with jump attacks. Almost nobody can dead angle in this game though so it isn't really an issue. But yeah you can even parry people trying to backstab you sometimes if you time it right.
>>
>>163436907
That's not at all what I wanted. That's not thick enough at all.
>>
File: a tailor.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
a tailor.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>163437345
The Nameless Knight Armor looked okay when I first got it but then literally everyone and their mom thought it was so edgy and fantastic

also the helmet looks like a guy doing this, with the eye slits and everything

and the hood looks like those shitty polyester hoods from lego
>>
File: big.webm (3MB, 532x596px) Image search: [Google]
big.webm
3MB, 532x596px
>>163436942

It's not mine. It might be Collector's Edition exclusive.
>>
Has anyone tried a gladiator fashion souls with Valorheart?

I was thinking Faraam Helm, Corynx Handwraps, and Sunless Leggings would look pretty gladiator-like
>>
File: 1469716558206.png (590KB, 566x582px) Image search: [Google]
1469716558206.png
590KB, 566x582px
>>163436131
>Princesses maidens and a hollowing old hag
>to tumblr abomination
>>
>>163437517

Try using the elite knight set with the nameless knight chest piece, you can thank me later.
>>
>>163437517
You're thinking of Fallen Knight. Nameless Knight is the Knight set from previous games.
>>
I don't get people who say that playing offline is missing out. Missing out on what? Asshole messages that tell me to jump into the void or being backstabbed by some fucking asshole as I mind my own business? And for coop I have phantoms already.
>>
>>163437393
The first one I found caused me to lose like 100k blood due to how bullshit the poison slow ass swamp was and I had never seen those before, I was more pissed off about the swamp and how it was set-up in general over dying honestly.
>>163437517
I only liked the cuirass for just how plain looking it was and it fit my initial style until I just went with basic knight set again and I don't grasp how that set it edgy and I doubt mother's play this game so okay. Almost everything in this game was a shitty texture/rigging job dude.
>>163437520
That's a bit much, more in the fat area I like hips, thighs and butt but that's just a fatass and nasty to look at.
>>
>>163437561
>start as a saint
>end as a landwhale
>>
I want to finger Rosaria. Do you think she'd let me?
>>
>>163437809
No. use of tongue required ahead.
>>
what's the benefit to actually being in the Finger's of Rosaria covenant?
>>
>>163438013
Pissing off Sirris
>>
>>163438013
Obscuring ring and being with 2nd best waifu of the game.
>>
>>163438069
My dick?
>>
>>163437393
If you parry then it negates the frenzy even though it fills up it won't proc you can safely visceral them into oblivion
>>
>>163438013
Shes the thickest girl in the game with lush dsl. That alone makes it worthwhile.
>>
>>163438069
You don't actually need to be in the covenant to get the fingers

I wanna know if there's any matchmaking differences to the covenant, because it seems all the item does for you is to trigger Leonhard's questline
>>
>>163438192
She still loses to best girl
>>
>>163438271
Equipping the covenant does nothing other than make you appear red in the arena.
>>
>>163438101
No anon, that's the best waifu
>>
>>163438013
Same question for purple phantoms. They seem useless.
>>
>>163438294
Who is that?
>>
>>163438343
Best waifu sure loves my penis though.
>>
>>163438354
Yuria but now she changed her name to Karla
>>
>>163438347
Covenants in das 3 are pretty lame yes
>>163438354
>>
>>163438354
Wolnir
>>
>>163438452
I forget who Yuria is and Karla isn't big like that.
>>
>>163438470
Oh that Yuria. Why can't you just marry her over Asstora then huh?
In Bloodborne you can only marry what is essentially a vampire and she tells you to go away.
>>
File: lol.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>163438479
Don't know why I laughed
>>
>>163438595
Anri. Astora is a location.
>>
>>163438479
No it's Irena.
>>
DeS>BB>DaS2=DaS1>>>>>>>DaS3
Come at me.
>>
>>163438595
>tfw doing chalices for hours
>get ring of betrothal
>nobody knows anything about it yet
>finally check the wiki and it says to propose to Annalise the vileslut
>no
FUCKIN DUMB BITCH SHE'S FUCKING LUCKY SHE'S IMMORTAL
>>
>>163438727
I'll An-wraip that ass if ya know what I mean.
>>
>>163438749
There's no point to the damn ring so why the fuck add it?
>>163438747
Are we going to have a water fight?
>>
>>163438514
Yuria is the best girl in the series of course, I don't know why she came back but changed her name.
>>
>>163438747
DS1=DS2=DS3

Havent played DeS or BB, not enough games i want to warrant dropping 3-digit numbers for a PS3/4
>>
>>163438886
Her doujins were okay.
>>
>>163438886
>Implying DeS and DS are linked.

Thats like saying DeS is the sequel to Kings Field
>>
>>163438886
>You'll find true love past here
DeS still has the best messages
>>
>>163438964
Well, you can find Yuria again in 3, right before stormruler too.
Time is convoluted I guess
>>
Is there any more boring build than INT? The only more vomit inducing one I can think of is quality.
>>
>>163439021
They may have reused the item and character but it's not the same series.
>>
>>163438727
In the past where you came from was essentially your last name. For example, Leonardo Da Vinci means Leonardo of Vinci. Because he was from Vinci. So Astora is essentially Anri's last name. Or at least it would be if she existed in a modern setting.
>>
>>163439095
I don't care if she changes her name, Yuria can't fool me
>>
>>163439093
sure, sure now post more.
>>
>>163439152
Lothric's name is Lothric Lothric?
>>
File: 6343.png (20KB, 272x234px) Image search: [Google]
6343.png
20KB, 272x234px
>invade as purple
>red also invades
>2 vs 2
>fuck im losing way too many trades
>a moment of weakness for red
>go for the kill
>Found something, returning to your world
>>
>>163439267
You dick.
>>
>>163439267
Exactly what a purple should do
Well done
>>
>>163439262
No its just Prince Lothric since it seems the location was named after him and not the other way around.
>>
>>163439267

This is why whenever there's a purple involved I hang back with my firebombs and crossbow and let them take the brunt of the risk.
>>
>>163439267
I really wish purple's had a Foe's ring effect.
And saw everyone as host of embers by default
>>
>>163439431
>kingdom was named after the youngest prince alive
? ? ?
>>
File: fresh from the oven.png (96KB, 415x274px) Image search: [Google]
fresh from the oven.png
96KB, 415x274px
Hope you're hungry

>>163439578
>>163439578
>>163439578
>>
File: smugshrug.gif (481KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
smugshrug.gif
481KB, 499x315px
>>163439267
>Invade as Eldrich faithful
>There's a Mound-maker getting ganked 2v1
>When he sees me he runs over to me; host and his butt buddy retreat
>Walk abreast my new bro towards the host who now has two phantoms
>We all square off
>I pivot behind the purple and hornet stab him
>He falls into the ring of host, phantom, and phantom, and when gets up he's almost instantly stunlocked to death
Fuck Mound-makers.
>>
>>163439617
>Implying the prince wasnt just named after one of his ancestors who was also called Lothric
Can you at least try to not be retarded?
>>
I need a redpill guys....

Ive just started playing Dark souls 3, im at the second chapter (High wall of lothric I think).
I had a blast until the second bonefire but after that it really started to piss me of.
Now Im at the second boss, died twice on him and have no intention to play it again today because I know I will have to fight those two knights before him (each of them is a realy difficult for me).

Is this what this game really is? you die, you repeat 15 min of gameplay to try again, try for a minute, die..... rinse and repeat.............

I dont think this game is for me, why cant there just be a safepoint there?

>>inb4 get gud
>>
File: 1466630695605.jpg (70KB, 344x315px) Image search: [Google]
1466630695605.jpg
70KB, 344x315px
>>163439267
>>
File: kore wa BEITO des.png (72KB, 594x595px) Image search: [Google]
kore wa BEITO des.png
72KB, 594x595px
>>163439890
>>
>>163439890
There's actually a really simple solution to that for beginners, all you have to do when you start the game at the bonfire before the boss fight is ____________________git gud.____________________
>>
>>163439797
>Lothric without any numeral
>not first
? ? ?
>>
File: kojima.jpg (16KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
kojima.jpg
16KB, 224x225px
>>163440035
>>
>>163440084
Time is convoluted.
>>
>>163404669
Same. The hardest part of souls for me was just getting used to the fact that being hit will stagger me, so I couldn't trade damage like in armored core.

I also have a friend who was really good at kingdom hearts, and since that games is 90% dodge rolling, he ended up thinking souls was super easy. He didn't even upgrade his equipment, he would just fight bosses on the starter equipment throughout the whole game, rolling away from every attack, because he thought that's how the game was supposed to be played and that all the 'difficulty' was from ridiculously large health bars.

I'd say Dark Souls, at its hardest, is about as hard as medium-difficulty armored core game like AC2.
>>
>>163439890
Like in all souls games
If you're dying in one hit:
>you're underleveled or your equipment is shit. Go explore.
If you're dodge/blocking but still getting hit:
>your stats are fucked and you're not using good enough shields/rolls
If normal enemies along the way to the boss are killing you
>you're in the wrong area, or you're massively underleveled. Try to practice against the mobs and level up, don't take on the boss until you can clear the whole path to the boss without using a lot of estus
If it seems like it takes a really, really long time to reach the boss:
>there's probably a shortcut you missed.
If your weapon barely does any damage against the boss (50-100 hits to kill)
>You need to upgrade your equipment.
There are multiple bosses / they keep getting behind you, and you can't focus on one at a time
>You should summon NPCs or players.
Thread posts: 766
Thread images: 116

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.