[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/simg/ - Simulation Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 744
Thread images: 218

File: top10animebetrayals.png (890KB, 867x657px) Image search: [Google]
top10animebetrayals.png
890KB, 867x657px
Betrayal Edition

Previous Thread: >>163064790

A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
http://nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
http://pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
http://pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm*, Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, The S*ms, S*m C*ty, G*at S*mulat*r
>>
File: plot thickens.png (18KB, 783x188px) Image search: [Google]
plot thickens.png
18KB, 783x188px
The plot thickens.
>>
Your favorite flight sim is not even a real simulator.
>>
>>163309221
Oh shit...
>>
File: Me109_G-6_D-FMBB_1.jpg (170KB, 1280x593px) Image search: [Google]
Me109_G-6_D-FMBB_1.jpg
170KB, 1280x593px
Post overrated shit.
>>
File: 1941.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1941.webm
3MB, 640x360px
4th for real simulators
>>
File: daily reminder.png (86KB, 1806x572px) Image search: [Google]
daily reminder.png
86KB, 1806x572px
post your favorite ED cockteases and lies.
>>
File: Mig-25-afterburner.jpg (361KB, 2600x1232px) Image search: [Google]
Mig-25-afterburner.jpg
361KB, 2600x1232px
>>163309364
>>
File: F-14_breaks_the_sound_barrier.jpg (246KB, 1162x742px) Image search: [Google]
F-14_breaks_the_sound_barrier.jpg
246KB, 1162x742px
>>163309364
>>
>>163309519

Now you've pissed me off.
>>
File: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.jpg (1MB, 2048x1352px) Image search: [Google]
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.jpg
1MB, 2048x1352px
>>163310241
>>
Hello,hoggit.
>>
>Mig-23 now being made by a trustworthy dev
>Mig-23 closer to completion than thought
>razbam free to start another project
Apologize
>>
File: lewd vectoring.webm (1MB, 479x360px) Image search: [Google]
lewd vectoring.webm
1MB, 479x360px
oh yes bby
>>
>>163310712
We don't know this for sure anon. I just wish ED would at least tell us what's going on.
>>
DCS and combat sims are a joke.
>>
>>163311134
you're welcome to leave.
>>
>>163310712
Oh look, a perfect opportunity to announce the start of an F-4 Phantom module. Or a Mig-25. Or improve FC3 planes, or an actual campaign system ,or proper ground units. Or literally everything else that the community at large have been asking for since 2008.

But they fucking won't, it'll be some mediocre shitbox plane from some kip state or other that nobody is asking for, but will buy anyway because gotta catch 'em all.
>>
Apparently on the Russian side of the forums ED is reconsidering allowing/making FC3 (su-27 and F-15) tier aircraft for DCS again due to their popularity. How do you feel about this /simg/?
>>
Will 2017 the year that 2016 was promised to us for DCS?
>>
>>163312795
no
>>
>>163312735
I'd like if it was used only for roles that don't currently have. Something like a small AWACS (E-2 comes to mind) that would be a cool experience to crew and unique role, but the not worth the effort of a full time module. Planes with a single gimmick like the F-117 would also be better suited to FC3.
>>
>>163312735

Can you link please?
>>
>>163312735
No but maybe more m2k tier planes
>>
>>163309398
>mission and campaign DLCs were what the community wanted the least
>they're the only thing ED is making now

How do you fuck up like this?
>>
>>163309221
All this means is that LN actually is working on it, but we're not going to see it after they'd run through 2-3 other modules.

Most of the fags here will have lost interest in flight sims by the time it comes out.
>>
>>163312735
The only people who cry about 'fc3' tier aircraft are autis fags who have never flown a plane in real life, and think they've accomplished something by flipping switches in one on a computer.

Fly the M2000, notice how even though it is flip switch plane you almost never touch the dash after take off? Notice how even the P-51 had the K14 gunsight distance setting on the throttle so the pilot didn't have to take his off of it? Fighters, at least properly designed ones, are made so your head is out of the cockpit. Even in the F18, once it's released, you'll be slewing, locking, switching missiles, and firing all without taking your hands off the controls.

Even in the MiG-21, I know where the IR/SAR switch is, that doesn't mean it's not mapped to my rotary wheel too.

Get fucked, I've playing this series since Flanker 2.0. Lomac haters can go fuck themselves, you weren't even here when it started
>>
>tfw no b52
>>
>>163313997
like razbam's would have come out any sooner
>>
>>163312735
If the module is out of the question to be full fidelity like most 4th gen and the likes I think absolutely. If it's an important 3rd gen and below full fidelity is nice. I think if we mixed in more FC tier aircraft it would be better for the community overall.
>>
>>163310667
/simg/ and hoggit are the same thing now
>>
>>163312735
If the alternative is no playable counterparts to all the NATO planes coming out in the near future I'm okay with it. I am wary though about a FC3 plane possibly meaning a full DCS module of that plane would never get made. That's a really shitty situation to write yourself into. I also don't know how to handle the coexistence of a full DCS MiG-25 (for example) and a FC3 MiG-25.
>>
File: 44e.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
44e.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
>>163314552
/simg/ is on a mission to de-cuck hoggit with shitposting and dank memes. DCS turbo cucks will die at the hands of this holy crusade
tfw when all is going according to plan.
>>
File: E7bS9V8.jpg (64KB, 640x486px) Image search: [Google]
E7bS9V8.jpg
64KB, 640x486px
>>163314440

Fucking this.

Planes that we would literally never ever get, I would be 100% ok with FC3 versions.

Shit like the MiG-31, Su-34. If you know enough about it to make a good FC3 module, I'd buy it in a fucking heart beat.

>>163312735

Can you link where they are talking about this?
>>
>>163314812
>I also don't know how to handle the coexistence of a full DCS MiG-25 (for example) and a FC3 MiG-25

They wouldn't. The FC3 version, (which at this point is a misnomer, there is either clickpit, or no clickpit, everything else is equal) would be brought up to (DCS) click pit level.

For example, all of the switches and buttons in the F-15 work and animate accordingly. The difference, you just click them yourself. Even the full start up procedure is there. You just have no control over it
>>
File: coming.jpg (78KB, 592x712px) Image search: [Google]
coming.jpg
78KB, 592x712px
>>
File: mattykins.jpg (229KB, 868x867px) Image search: [Google]
mattykins.jpg
229KB, 868x867px
>>163315884
>>
>>163309364
>most successful fighter in history
>overrated shit
>>
>il2 bos
>sim

YOUR SPEED IS TOO LOW!
DONT PULL THE STICK TOO MUCH!
>>
Riddle me this:

If we were to host BMS ops and some people want to cold start and some people don't want to, why should the people who want to cold start take a set back to the people who refuse to do em?

BMS doesn't allow for both unless hot starters wait 10 minutes or so until the take off time is there.
>>
>>163313997
>Leatherneck MiG-23

INTO THE FUCKING GARBAGE IT GOES.

why won't they support the things they've released properly? ;_;
>>
>>163318104
Hows this for a fix. Make sure 10 min delay between both flights.

Flight 1 (Ramp start)

Flight 2 (Hot starts)
>>
>doing the full 30 minute ramp start every time after you've done it enough times to know how

Does it really matter as long as they know how to do it? I don't want to spend 30 minutes on the ground every mission, fuck that.

Join the actual Air Force if you want to go through that shit
>>
>>163318247
Pretty cumbersome, but I guess this would work. Still would make it so that hot starters would need to wait and do nothing for 10 minutes or so. They may as well just cold start with the rest of us.
>>
>>163318413
If you can't understand why some of us actually enjoy this shit, then you have a very limited understanding of why we play simulators in the first place.
>>
>>163318413
F-16 doesn't take that long and by the time you've finished the process of getting your shit together the INS is in a good enough state that you can finish aligning in the air.
>>
>>163318545
>10 min

I'm just imagining the hot starters jumping into the game and the entire airfield dies as the game spawns everyone on top of everyone.
>>
>>163318413
>30 minutes on the ground
lmao have you ever actually cold started the F16? It takes literally 3.5 minutes exactly.
>>
What fucking plane takes 30 minutes to ramp start, anyway?

I don't think 10min startup time in which you can be finalizing plans and whatnot is very much in context of a flight that's probably going to last 90 minutes.
>>
>>163318635
This, if you go through the startup in a reasonable fast pace, the INS will be aligned well enough so you can take off, there's no waiting at all.

Hot starting also has some issues with some of the less used systems, such as TFR and FLIR, not to mention if you wanna set anything to a value other than the god of hotstart AI has decided, you now need to do some kind of reverse coldstart, where you start from a hot plane and still need to check all the panels to make sure everything is how you want it to be.
>>
>>163318732
>10min

This is for the incredibly slow modules that are cucked by INS, and is still about an extra minute longer than the actual amount of time it takes for either bird.
>>
>>163318732
I've used the time on the ground for proper ground ops, such as looking up taxiing routes to the proper takeoff runway, some last minute briefing stuff, checking all the systems work correctly such as datalink. There's tons to do that goes past just running through a checklist, especially in multiplayer.

I find enjoyment in following a proper procedure as closely as possible.
>>
Honestly for me the 30mins goes real quick for me.
>>
>>163319248
this;

with the VS I fly with there's usually a retard or two lagging behind anyway, I wasn't going to get off the ground until everyone's ready regardless of how quickly I've got everything done. I just spend that time shooting the shit and smoking my pipe/drinking a little.

Shit, it takes some of these people 5-10min to even get a MiG-21 going, meantime I've had it running since a little over a minute after spawning into it, give or take however long it takes for the ground crew AI to get its shit together.
>>
>you're not playing the sim right!!!!!!
>you're supposed to have fun doing the EXACT SAME SEQUENCE of button presses every single mission!!!!

Fuck off. If you know how to hot start, you shouldn't have to do it every time.

You guys better have your flight suits on, be able to pass a USAF PT test, have 20/20 vision IRL, Sit through hour long briefing and debriefing.

If you over-G you better turn around and immediately fly home and declare an emergency due to physiological problems. You better follow the orders of the flight leader perfectly and not do anything on your own.

I better be able to ask you about every single system in the F-16 and you better know how to use it. If you don't know what in every single page of your DED you can literally never tell me to hot start my shit ever again.
>>
>>163319498
Pretty much this.

"If you don't ramp start, simulators aren't for you!" Then can you tell my employer so I don't have to go and do recurrency checks on them twice a year and risk my job each time I set foot inside? That would be tops.

Maybe, Autismo Alex, it could seep into your brain that people get different levels of enjoyment out of doing differing levels of shit in what is more or less and electronic lego set, and those of us who sit in an aircraft seat for a job don't feel like running checklists in our time off. Just a thought
>>
>Start up = the exact same thing every time
>the actual mission = dynamic and different every flight

really encourages me to deliberate
>>
i heard from a friend that IL-2 BoS got DX11
how good is the performance compared to dx9?
i used to get the shittiest framerates.
>>
>>163319772

Its a literal miracle desu. Frames are absolutely kick ass now.
>>
>>163319719
Start ups are important to DCS because there's nothing to do once you get in the air. Starting your plane up is the single most interesting thing that happens in a mission in DCS.

Start ups aren't interesting in BMS because that's not where the meat of the game is. If I wanted to sit on a runway and start my plane up I'd just play DCS.
>>
>>163319772
Game still looks like LOMAC
>>
>>163319829
lovely
i was getting tired of having to play at 30 fps no matter wich graphic preset i chose
cant wait to try it
>>
>>163319772
I went from just barely reaching 60 when nothing was happening to often seeing >100. It's a huge difference.
>>
>>163319952
>often
its more about minimum framerates than average
doesnt matter if you reach 900 fps flying alone if ur fps dip to 12 in an important dogfight
>>
>>163320101
I haven't seen it dip below 60 yet. 70 is the worst I recall seeing. DX11 is a game changer for IL-2 and turned my opinion of the game around.
>>
>>163319616
>those of us who sit in an aircraft seat for a job don't feel like running checklists in our time off.
stop making shit up

And stop complaining that people who aren't flying planes IRL (ie. everyone ITT), actually do want to simulate the whole experience, not just a part of it.

If you don't get how some of us enjoy cold starts even if we do it 200 times, then you're free to not join the next BMS ops. We'll keep doing them and you can either accept this fact and wait in the lobby for 10 minutes like a cuck, or join in and maybe have some fun for once in your miserable life.
>>
>>163320181

>implying there is any """""""""""BMS ops""""""""""""

You playing by your self doesn't count btw
>>
>>163320368
We've had some few days ago, they happen mostlmy during yuropoor times though, so there's a good chance you won't see them if you're from the other side of the pond.
>>
File: IMG_6152.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6152.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>163320181
>stop making shit up

Okay.

But my point isn't to get into a pissing contest or force you not to cold start. My point was directed at those who say things like "if you use autostart you should stop playing simulations". I come from the "I couldn't give a fuck what you like, let me enjoy what I do" school of thought mate.
>>
>>163319616
>those of us who sit in an aircraft seat for a job don't feel like running checklists in our time off

>mfw the f/a-18 pilot that leads my VS is an absolute stickler for procedure and we have to do exactly by the Navy's book every fucking time
>i'm just a stoner that likes flight vidya, wtf man
>>
>>163320697

B L O W N T H E F U C K O U T

L

O

W

N

T

H

E

F

U

C

K

O

U

T
>>
>>163320697
You're free to be edgy with your attitude, and considering that you're not a regular, it's easy to see why nobody would play with you.

Get back to 104th.

Nice photoshop skills though brah.
>>
>>163320697
dayum
>>
>>163320697
why the fuck are you showing off dumbass, jesus christ do you even pay attention to the fucking briefings?
>>
>>163320697

get your korean ass back to work instead of shitposting from a shut down plane that you're not flying.

Grease monkeys shouldn't make shit up like this.
>>
>>163320882
>Nice photoshop skills though brah.
>>163321117
>Grease monkeys shouldn't make shit up like this.

You should definitely have led with that one mate, works much better.
>>
>>163321301
You should lead with a strong rope around your neck, faggot.
>>
>>163321432
Again, my point is we don't all like the same things - unlike you I don't enjoy auto-erotic asphyxiation

>captcha RUE FEDORA
I'm ruing it alright
>>
I wish more BoS skins were generic instead of having ace markings and shit.
>>
>>163321565
RoF had the same problem.

777 doesn't seem to understand that I don't care about roleplaying an ass pilto, I just want to be a random schmuck in a plane.
>>
>>163321520
Yea well my point is you're a faggot.
>>
>>163321520
>my point is we don't all like the same things
My point is that why should people who like cold starts should take a seat back to people who don't like them?

BMS doesn't really support running both in a multiplayer environment and everytime we run BMS ops with cold starts it takes minutes until someone comes in, complaints about it and leaves.

What do you want us to do? Suspend our fun so you can have yours? Nah fuck that.
>>
Are you fuckers seriously arguing over this? Yeah some people like A and some people like B. Does that make any difference? Is that in any way important?
>>
>>163321662
Shit the skins forum section is also filled with ace skins.
>>
>>163321769
It is as evidently some fags ITT would rather commit suicide than to try something new for once.

I swear most of you who complain about cold starts have literally never cold started the falcon ever and don't know anything about it.
>>
>>163321872
AY YO
*smacks lips*
HOL UP
*waves finger niggerishly*
YOU BE SAYING
*drops EBT card*
THAT FLIGHT SIM AUTISTS
*gives birth*
ARE AFRAID OF CHANGE?
>>
File: 20161031140509_1.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161031140509_1.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>163309014
w-whats your record altitude guys?
>>
>>163322228
It's more like ADD fags demonstrating an almost child like incapability to show any sort of patience.

Seeing people pickle their bombs, hit targets, turn around and immediately exiting the aircraft mid flight in BMS and going AFK to wait for the next ops is an insult to those of us who would like to take it a little more serious. We see this shit as you people see 104th fags.

You want to find out why BMS ops died? This is why.
>>
>>163320697
what plane my dood?
>>
>>163322554

Well maybe you could play with the people who want to play seriously? I'm not trying to be rude here, but wouldn't that be for the best?
>>
>>163322761
A baby Dash 8
>>
>>163322790
I am already, we're having very tiny (2-3 players) BMS ops again.

I just wish a general that regulary shits on the 104th for being casual wouldn't do the exact same thing they're accusing others of. Plus I would like to have bigger BMS ops, but after seeing what the no-rules approach led to, I refuse to compromise on some things in BMS anymore. If all you care for is drop bombs and don't give a shit about the 99% rest of the game, I'm not gonna bother playing with you anymore.
>>
File: 15602457713_73b189a7fd_b.jpg (193KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
15602457713_73b189a7fd_b.jpg
193KB, 1024x683px
>>163322843
nice
>>
>>163323127

Thats understandable. I'm sorry that you've felt exasperated with some of the players. I suppose the cold start approach is a method to weed out the people who refuse to take it a bit more seriously? Its unfortunate, but segregation might be the best way to go in your case.
>>
File: 200k.jpg (202KB, 672x899px) Image search: [Google]
200k.jpg
202KB, 672x899px
This motherfucker makes 200,000USD/year flying for a major airline.
>>
>>163323552
pretty certain that thing shouldn't have a beak.

furries are just making animals up now? jesus christ.
>>
>>163323502
You haven't seen shittery unless you've seen Tony take a completely retarded meme loadout, practicially suicide the plane into an AAA convoy and exit out of the planes once the bombs all hit the ground with zero interest of flying back home.
>>
>>163323659
its a birb
>>
File: 1458242541443.jpg (59KB, 896x921px) Image search: [Google]
1458242541443.jpg
59KB, 896x921px
>>163323552
FUUUUUUUCKING FURRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1455972466191.jpg (74KB, 300x339px) Image search: [Google]
1455972466191.jpg
74KB, 300x339px
>>163323552
I'm not sure about you guys but i wouldn't want a mentally ill man flying me.
>>
>>163323703
why the fuck does it have cat ears?

I need Ivan and Krasniye to explain IMMEDIATELY
>>
>>163323881
its a catbird (griffin).Griffins are quite popular among furfags and certainly has my atention.
>>
File: 1464464399034.png (1MB, 1363x950px) Image search: [Google]
1464464399034.png
1MB, 1363x950px
can we have some humor/cringe?
>>
>>163323981
god, if you want to be a retarded hybrid animal, just be a fucking platypus or some shit.
>>
>>163323176
They're a good bus.
>>
>>163324125
Your post makes no sense,please try again.
>>
File: 1479068715045.jpg (237KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479068715045.jpg
237KB, 960x960px
>>163323552
the FAA needs to require psychological checks. No mentally ill person should be able to pilot an aircraft.
>>
>>163323552
>>163323881
>>163324125
>>163324296

If he joined the air force how quickly would they shatter his fursona?
>>
File: platypus-closeup.jpg (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
platypus-closeup.jpg
2MB, 1600x900px
>>163324279
If you're going to be a catbird, why not be a duckrat?

at least you can actually fuck them.
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-20+at+11.41.59).jpg (214KB, 1020x569px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-20+at+11.41.59).jpg
214KB, 1020x569px
They let THIS near a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR WAR MACHINE
>>
>>163324380
>air force
never
>>
>>163324524
Griffins are quite known in mythology while platypus actually exists and would qualify as zoophilia.
Sorry,I don`t get aroused when I see them.
>>
File: 1481935137065.png (506KB, 599x510px) Image search: [Google]
1481935137065.png
506KB, 599x510px
FURRIES OUT !!
>>
>>163324660
So it has to be a drawing of bestiality in order for you to get off?

holy shit this is some next-level autism
>>
File: 1448094856186.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1448094856186.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
>>163324806
And I think that low quality baits on the internet is a sign of autism. We will never know who is right
>>
>>163325229
it's probably the guy in the fursuit.
>>
File: theyreeverywhere.jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
theyreeverywhere.jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>163324607
>He honestly believes there are no furries in the military let alone the air force

The air force actually seems to have the most furries in it out of any military branch oddly enough.
>>
>>163325361
This is truth. I know so many air-force furries.
>>
File: wine.gif (963KB, 400x236px) Image search: [Google]
wine.gif
963KB, 400x236px
>>163325361
>>163325405
>>
>>163318030
>800kmh in a dive
>no big deal, just takes a couple of more seconds to pull up
>aircraft unaffected
>pilot didn't even get affected by any G's

People call this a sim.
>>
>>163325482
>he thinks that /simg/ is not filled with closet furries and bronies
>>
>>163325579
>IL-2 fags will unironically defend this or just handwave it away
>>
I hope you all die in a horrible fire today.
>>
>>163325727
Dude that's a little horrifying for the odd posters in this thread that really are flying
>>
>>163325727
Not with those DCS fire effects
>>
>>163325579

What plane.
>>
File: Snap 2016-12-21 at 00.17.14.png (375KB, 856x442px) Image search: [Google]
Snap 2016-12-21 at 00.17.14.png
375KB, 856x442px
i finally finished downloading HSFX for IL2 1946 and installed it hoping my game would look like pic related, but instead it still looks like dogshit. I just spent an hour downloading 5.5GB of this shit, and it doesn't even work.
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using v4.13.2 if that matters
>>
>>163325963
109F4
>>
File: 1482279794945.jpg (114KB, 1080x682px) Image search: [Google]
1482279794945.jpg
114KB, 1080x682px
>>163323552
>>
>>163325579

My 700kmh dive in the Yak1B knocked my pilot the fuck out when i pulled up so....
>>
File: 20161221145409_1.jpg (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161221145409_1.jpg
405KB, 1920x1080px
This doesn't seem very safe.
>>
>>163327964
777 defense force in full swing
>>
>>163329701

Your anti-IL2 bait is already stale as fuck to be honest. Its so obvious and low effort
>>
>>163329731
>t. Jason
>>
>>163315313
>>163313469

Chizh saying that the majority of users prefer to fly on "simple" (aka FC3 level) modules:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2947664&postcount=1520

Alacc asking why not continue the FC3 series of modules then:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2947704&postcount=1523

Chizh answering that ED is already thinking about it:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2948651&postcount=1566
>>
File: nNKomGQ.jpg (1MB, 1599x1066px) Image search: [Google]
nNKomGQ.jpg
1MB, 1599x1066px
desu I'd really like more FC3 modules.
>>
>>163330682
Huh. I want a FC3 MiG-31 then. Hell, maybe the F-35 and F-22 as well as the Su-35 if they were so inclined.
>>
>>163331778
REMOVE YOUR SELF KYS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1481912317570.jpg (878KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481912317570.jpg
878KB, 1920x1200px
>>163331825
What if I told you that I'm an actual pilot too? :^)
>>
>>163331798
I honestly wouldn't expect or want anything past 4th gen. They can't be completely unrealistic they still have to have correct flight models and the info for that stuff simply isn't out there. Besides it would be boring as fuck fighter aircraft these days are pretty much just missile carriers anyway.
>>
>>163331920
and?
>>
Radical thinking:

What if a company actually put effort in a model and made it toggle between FC3 and full clicks? Then server owners would be allowed to set which version of that aircraft it would use, so either every person on Server A using a MiG 31 is either FC3 level sim, or full click, for balance. Same applies to mission editor, when the aircraft is spawned you can pick and chose which level of sim it is.
>>
>>163332236
I just fucking love FC3 because my keybindings are almost the same for all the planes.
>>
I want more FC3 planes because its the only chance at getting planes we know we will never ever have in full fidelity.

Meme all you want, but the FC3 MiG-29 and Su-27 are the most realistic depiction of those planes in any sim.

Plus it makes elitists butt mad as fuck which is another plus.
>>
File: we win.jpg (58KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
we win.jpg
58KB, 400x600px
Alright guys once and for all.
If you want to flip switches like an autist and pretend you're a reeel pilto then go play SP.
if you want to fly with friends and have a good time doing ops then just accept runway starts.
>>
>>163334926
>runway starts

In my experience there's too many ways for someone to fuck that up for the time saved by not ramp starting to even be of any use.

All it takes is one asshole who throttles to full power and into afterburner too quickly.
>>
>>163335069
Alright now i know you are just trolling.
We've always done runway starts when bmshost was doing ops.
It worked fine everytime. The ops were a success and greg was MVP.
>>
>>163332236
Having choices would be nice.
Thing is, in this case, there are people who prefer, in a given set amount of time, a larger quantity of FC3-fidelity planes than super-duper fidelity planes.

If they could do super-duper fidelity planes with FC3 toggle, it's still a high-fidelity plane that takes longer to make.
The idea of toggling could probably be implemented to current high-fidelity models, I'm guessing.

That being said, it's not exactly sound for either camp to call each other 'wrong' in the context of enjoying DCS. It's a game for both, and you currently have the freedom to choose.
Don't think you have any moral or logical authority to take that freedom away.
>>
>>163335171
>BMS

dunno about that, I'm just talking about my experience flying with mongoloids not from here and mostly in DCS. Don't trust them niggas.
>>
>>163335253
>Hasn't played an actual flight sim
>Thinks his opinion matters in the slightest
Get the fuck out.
>>
What happened to Ace Combat general? Is it being purged or is it just ded of natural causes?

Don't REEEEEE, I know some of you fuckers crosspost. I don't regularly, but I wanted to ask an ace combat lore question.
>>
>>163335629
Nigger, I spent most of my teenage years playing Falcon 4.0. Fuck off. Forgive me if I never want to see a fucking F-16 cockpit again.
>>
>>163335671

Nope fuck you. You will cold start it till you love it faggot.
>>
>>163338294
Or in his case, cold start until he loves it again.
>>
File: 1482260915766.png (293KB, 586x192px) Image search: [Google]
1482260915766.png
293KB, 586x192px
ETS2 anyone?
>>
>>163341671
logistics ops when?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (76KB, 573x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
76KB, 573x768px
>>163341671
>>
>>163326937
Doesn't it look like that anyway? That pic doesn't look especially modded to me.
>>
File: 4f0570bc4d664b5faac04bd8cd7cdee4.jpg (195KB, 1022x1536px) Image search: [Google]
4f0570bc4d664b5faac04bd8cd7cdee4.jpg
195KB, 1022x1536px
>>
>>163322554
Nobody forces you to play with people who don't want to play your autistic style of game
>>
File: 20161214162113_1.jpg (348KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161214162113_1.jpg
348KB, 1920x1080px
There's an awful lot of shitposting going on, and very little discussion of playing simulator video games
>>
File: 20161220155232_1.jpg (288KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161220155232_1.jpg
288KB, 1920x1080px
I've gotten a good feel for the weapons on this thing, but I'm still getting used to the flight characteristics; no pedal inputs on takeoff and the fact that the nose seems to want to rise instead of sink are odd, and they're taking some getting used to
>>
>>163343847
You know... the reason DCS sucks is because they have no way to monetize features, they can only make money from content.

They can't fund the development of a dynamic campaign / better netcode / in game voip protocol / improving the AI because they have no way to sell those things. Unlike other games such as BoS & Arma where the devs bundle in features with optional expansions but make them available to everyone. Therefore gaining a revenue stream to fund the development of those features.

Whereas ED just waste dev time on ludicrously high poly steam train models that no-one will ever see.
>>
>>163322554
I agree with this.Exiting right after dropping payload is such a dcsfag way of playing bms.I would like to fly with people who take the game a bit more seriously ,but not autistic amount of realism.
>>
>>163344181
Sure they can do it. They can fund it via content like maps. Or more fc3 type aircraft bundles. Issue is that ed is shit and they havent doelne one thing that fc3 was suppose to fun propely. One was missile afm which is still shit and the other was better atc and awacs ai, which was cancelled.
They could fun better netcode with ww2 or they could have actually put some amount of work into ca to make it not shit and funded othet features that way.
The problem is ed is shit at business
>>
>>163344414
>Sure they can do it.
But they'd rather make bank selling $50 planes to 40 year old manchildren.

>The problem is ed is shit at business
They're atrocious at project management that's for sure.
>>
File: 1482260862611.jpg (50KB, 631x451px) Image search: [Google]
1482260862611.jpg
50KB, 631x451px
How many people would fly BMS ops with runway starts AND landing after a mission?
>>
File: F-5.webm (1MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
F-5.webm
1MB, 1280x688px
>>163345643
sure
>>
File: Aerofax.png (188KB, 1572x950px) Image search: [Google]
Aerofax.png
188KB, 1572x950px
Asking again.

Is there any interest to having any of these datagraphs/booklets about planes from aerofax?
>>
>>163346219
Yeah I still would like the Bell AH-1 Cobra Variants
>>
File: us852YY.png (388KB, 537x923px) Image search: [Google]
us852YY.png
388KB, 537x923px
https://youtu.be/I70aSwFLLmw?t=95

Dat carrier technology.
>>
>>163314157
>fc3 aircraft are only different to full fidelity ones in clickable switches
>>
>>163346391
What is a good place to upload it the files are pretty big.
>>
>>163344181
>>163344414
>wanting micro transactions for a quality simulator which will inevitably cause a shift from excellence to profit making

I wish you both experience painful deaths.
>>
>>163348705
Did you read my post? The whole point was that *because* of their current business model we can't have nice things you halfwit.
>>
>>163344181
>>163344414
So, they're terrible at the business aspect of running a dev studio?

That's not entirely shocking, there's a Dwarf Fortress knockoff on steam that's selling a single piece of DLC for $370, these smaller studios don't seem to get that people don't put much in the way of value on something that isn't even physical, and they don't seem to have the foresight to hire someone with financial chops to run that end of things.

I'll agree that Bohemia Interactive, for all their faults, seems to have at least figured that part out
>>
>>163348784
Individual Modules are enough, profit making is the slippery slope of game devs.
>>
>>163348958
My point was that ED going down the module route is precisely what is preventing them being able to fund the development of features for the base game. I agree it would be outrageous for them to start monetizing even ore of the game.

They've painted themselves into a corner with their business model, they can't fund improvements to the base DCS world platform without going full Jew and starting to charge people for multiplayer or something stupid.

They could always take a hit to their profit margins but kek that'll never happen.
>>
>>163348398
They are, the A10A and C share the exact same flight model, all the switches and buttons in the Eagle already animate, evens the ones the player doesn't have a key bind for. And yes, pressing the auto start key goes through the full start up procedure, even though you just sit there.

And as pointed out, the Mirage is practically FC3 tier after take off. It's nice to be able to flip switches, what's more important though is flight modeling and the avoinics being correct
>>
>>163349168
What the fuck are you talking about? They make a new plane, they charge for it, they make a new map they charge for it. Everything else we've gotten for free at no cost to budget or negative impact to ED, new 3d models, new flight models, DX11, fucking new engine we got for free, all meanwhile 3 new maps are in development several different aircraft being on just by ED alone.

You want new planes to trickle out every week like toys for a child? Go play warthunder. DCS aircraft, regardless of how much funding you have, takes considerable amount of time to develop
>>
File: 1318091263804.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1318091263804.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>163349645
Calm down ED shill
>>
>>163349973
fuck off kike
>>
File: large_000000 (5).jpg (46KB, 630x800px) Image search: [Google]
large_000000 (5).jpg
46KB, 630x800px
https://youtu.be/OOHjagp4L4U

Looks like Team Fusion is official.

Perhaps this could lead to faster development on their end.
>>
>>163349645
>new 3d models, new flight models
Advertised as part of FC3 along with a host of other now canceled features still not fully delivered.

>DX11, fucking new engine
The one time they took the right approach, by funding 2.0 & 1.5 via NTTR monies.

>You want new planes to trickle out every week like toys for a child? Go play warthunder. DCS aircraft, regardless of how much funding you have, takes considerable amount of time to develop
This is completely irrelevant to my point though?

I'm talking about how ED has no motivation to develop dynamic campaign / new ATC / new multiplayer features etc etc etc, unless they can charge for them.

Want proof?
See: them charging for some new carrier models. They can't even develop an HD kusnetsov model without charging for it.

I can't wait for DCS: dynamic campaign - $40, DCS: netcode - $20, DCS: half-decent AI - $50. etc etc tec
>>
>>163350079
>access to source code and official distribution

fucking, noice
>>
File: mirageIII.jpg (19KB, 574x385px) Image search: [Google]
mirageIII.jpg
19KB, 574x385px
>>163317437
jej
>>
>>163350079
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26758-1c-game-studios-cooperate-team-fusion-il-2-sturmovik-cliffs/#entry422861

top 10 anime crossovers
>>
File: Brazilian Infantry Circa 1945.jpg (94KB, 736x926px) Image search: [Google]
Brazilian Infantry Circa 1945.jpg
94KB, 736x926px
>>163323552
Money cannot heal crippling mental illness and a tainted soul, so I don't care. He'll die just like everyone else on this earth, but he'll die at war with himself.
>>
At least we can all agree that 2nd gen is the worst gen
>>
File: topkek.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>163317437
>implications
>>
>>163345643
Sure I'm down
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/games/307960/announcements/detail/268360239761537838
wtf i love Il-2 Battle of Britain now
>>
File: 1479870681265.jpg (36KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1479870681265.jpg
36KB, 400x386px
>>163356635
>North Africa theater
>DX 11 upgrade

sign me the fuck upa
>>
>>163356635
>>163353002
>>163350079
I'm fucking hype
>>
File: I salute you.png (107KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
I salute you.png
107KB, 250x250px
>>163356635
>>163350079
Fucking finally. BoS is officially dead now.
>>
>>163352660
>Not gods plane
Wew off yourself baguetteboo
>>
File: 1458270882696.gif (2MB, 400x332px) Image search: [Google]
1458270882696.gif
2MB, 400x332px
>>163358786
Can't wait for the butthurt when poorfags realize they're going to have to pay for North Africa.
>>
File: large_000000 (6).jpg (88KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
large_000000 (6).jpg
88KB, 800x557px
>>163359687
He's right you know, they very specifically called them commercial add ons.
>>
File: donald-trump-thumbs-up.jpg (106KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-thumbs-up.jpg
106KB, 1180x842px
>>163359867
Yup:

>Cliffs of Dover and its add-ons will be sold on the official IL-2 website (www.il2sturmovik.com) and through Steam.
>>
Why is IL2 so jewish?
>>
>>163348664
http://pixeldra.in
>>
You have to pay for it?
WTF I already bought the game!
Gonna make a thread on reddit about this, what an outrage!
>>
File: muhdickwhen.png (456KB, 1210x641px) Image search: [Google]
muhdickwhen.png
456KB, 1210x641px
h-hey guys a-am i allowed h-h-here
>>
File: 1464234014530.jpg (168KB, 794x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464234014530.jpg
168KB, 794x1080px
>>163361103
no-one's gonna stop you
>>
File: Snap 2016-12-21 at 12.19.45.png (11KB, 586x185px) Image search: [Google]
Snap 2016-12-21 at 12.19.45.png
11KB, 586x185px
can someone explain what the fuck this means
I just reinstalled Il2 today and It gets to 100% downloaded, then this when I try to open it.
what do
>>
>>163361593
surely you've validated cache and googled the error message already right?
>>
>>163361680
yeah, I haven't gotten anything so far
I went to the file location it lists, and I can't open up the folder Actor4, It just straight up tells me "Access is denied".
>>
>>163361593
Check your privleges steam scum
>>
>>163362041
Check your landing gear.
>>
>>163361817
If no-one else has the issue then I've no idea.

Maybe delete the whole folder that file is in and then validate to force the game to re download the files?
>>
>>163325361
This is why we need hazing
>>
>bought American Truck Simulator
>play for a bit
>actually this is boring and just feels like an ETS2 mod
>getting a refund

Not sure why I bought it in the first place desu I've got bored of ETS2
>>
>>163364187
It won't be special at all until they at the very least have a coast to coast route.
>>
>>163361103
Why are you typing out the phonetics of stuttering? Your actions baffle me.
>>
>>163364307
The devs will die of old age before that comes out, SCS are so fucking slow it's unbelievable, and they tease so much that you lose interest.
>>
>>163364456
>The devs will die of old age before that comes out, SCS are so fucking slow it's unbelievable, and they tease so much that you lose interest
Where have I seen that before
hmmm
*looks at Eagle Dynamics*
>>
Will tank sims ever take off? Seems like it'd be really fun with friends
>>
>>163364720
War Thunder is about the hard limit of "simulation" for 99% of people who would play a game about tanks.
>>
File: af.png (773KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
af.png
773KB, 1920x1080px
we /afrika/ now boys
>>
>>163365405
desu you could say the same about planes.
>>
ded
>>
File: fa.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fa.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>163369852
>>
anyone have the tacview beta? apparently it has an in game optoins menu and DCS and a ton of other new shit
>>
>>163351016
Dude, I don't give a fuck that they charge me for it. Just fucking make it available faster is all I care about. This is not a game/sim for the poor or cheap. Which it sounds like you suffer from both. Module and DLC costs are the most inexpensive of my expenditures towards this shit. I got more tied up in hardware by far and they would have to release every fucking planned, hinted at or officially announced content from ED and 3rd party devs to even come close to getting in the ballpark of just what I spent this year alone, not even taking into account legacy purchases.
Quit whining like a bitch. Shit costs money. That is the way it goes.
>>
>>163372568
beaten_wife.txt
>>
>>163372568
>Just fucking make it available faster

And that's all your whining comes to. You're a child who doesn't understand sim development and is too used to shitty meme thunder.

Go back and look at the actual development and release dates for Blackshark, and for how long the A-10C was in beta, and much more DCS has grown in since then.

Grow up and fuck off
>>
>>163374571
No! You fuck off you disgusting ED shill!
>>
>>163374571
Hey Shithead. I am not one of the ones whining like a bitch for WHEN. I just said I want it faster in that one post is all. Who the fuck doesn't want something they desire faster? Get off your high ass horse o one who thinks he alone grasps dev cycles.

>mfw I have been in the gaming/software business since starting in QA for HL1
>mfw currently employed for one of the largest software companies in the world.

Guessing you read a lot of dev blogs for your insight huh?
>>
>>163375357
>WHEN. I just said I want it faster in that one post is all.

>t. retarded child who doesn't understand the difference between video game development and military grade simulators
>>
File: 16549191948.jpg (58KB, 515x420px) Image search: [Google]
16549191948.jpg
58KB, 515x420px
>>163375608
>DCS
>Military grade simulator
the best bait in the entire thread
>>
File: received_1194986603922157.jpg (90KB, 810x1200px) Image search: [Google]
received_1194986603922157.jpg
90KB, 810x1200px
>>163375608

>DCS
>Military Grade Simulator

Holy shit my side's have actually left this plane of existance
>>
File: DCS.jpg (268KB, 2000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
DCS.jpg
268KB, 2000x1328px
>>163375890
>s-stupid casuals! Stop playing it! It's not a proper sim!
>>
>>163375608
>military grade simulators
Dude, you are kidding yourself if you think the DCS is up to 'military grade' standards currently. They need to do a lot to bring it up to that level. Which it sounds like they are putting effort towards with The Battle Simulator but really, not there currently. There is no underlying anything in DCS, it is a bunch of toys in a sandbox. Cool toys in a cool sandbox, but really, don't make it out to be some underlying structure to it all. Sure the planes take while to model. But I would bet you anything a lot of other devs if that was their focus could put out shit faster. ED is slow and has shitty marketing and communication practices on all levels. Safe to guess this carries over to internal processes as well.
>>
>>163376330

Yes, this looks like a very serious training session considering the fact that they are using fucking 30 dollar joysticks.

I bet when people ask you what games you play, you tell them "yeah I fly basically the most realistic shit ever. It's so realistic that REAL FIGHTER PILOTS fly it, which basically makes me the hottest shit."
>>
File: the state of dcs.jpg (145KB, 960x784px) Image search: [Google]
the state of dcs.jpg
145KB, 960x784px
>>163375608
>>
>>163376395
The ONLY reason DCS exists, is because ED was contracted by the USAN/ANG to develop an A-10C desktop trainer to help transition A model pilots to the C model.

>themoreyouknow
>>
>>163376330
>And once their review was over they all said.
>"Pretty cool game. AI sucks and no ATC, but is a cool game. Now can we go back to the simulator Boss?"
>>
>>163376960
>muh joysticks
DCS has a separate development branch that is intended to work with actual military training simpits with ridiculous screen resolution. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>163377231
And Blackshark was a testbed model to see if they could model a full real sim, virtually, again ED was contracted by Kamov to make the module.

More Ka50 pilots have flown their Ka50 in DCS than real life.
>>
>>163377495
that's cause they only made like 15
>>
>>163377363

No, you are invalid.

The sim the military uses might be lit.

The sim we get is that hot ads garbage.
>>
>>163378730
It's literally the same sim minus the classified systems.
>>
File: tom's cat.jpg (34KB, 800x387px) Image search: [Google]
tom's cat.jpg
34KB, 800x387px
>>163359249
>god's plane
>not posting f14
>>
>>163378730
Actually the desktop sim the ANG got is much worse than the 'DCS' A-10. It's essentially Lomac, with a A-10C non6dof pit, and sfm flight model
>>
>holy fuck dogfights vs mig 15 are unbalanced as shit
>read that AI Mig15 uses simple FM

well, fuck you too
>>
File: 1482360333830.jpg (39KB, 320x389px) Image search: [Google]
1482360333830.jpg
39KB, 320x389px
>>163378730
delet this
>>
>>163381346
it uses a simplified damage model too, so is a massive bullet sponge

enjoy!
>>
File: 1481137430767.jpg (6KB, 205x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481137430767.jpg
6KB, 205x250px
>>163381418
and they even expect us to buy a full campaign for this shit..
>>
>>163381346
>not going on korean war server
>>
>>163376395
>There is no underlying anything in DCS, it is a bunch of toys in a sandbox.

What the fuck do you think military simulators are, anon?
>>
>>163381346
im able to thrash the mig-15 AIs in the sabre m8, learn BFM
>>
>>163386102
As somebody who works on military flight simulators I'm curious to hear that answer as well.
>>
File: 13119849351964.jpg (8KB, 194x299px) Image search: [Google]
13119849351964.jpg
8KB, 194x299px
>>163387656
Fuck off wags
>>
>>163387656
One of my friends is at a training base, he's not doing anything flight-related, but he got to have some sim time for a bit.

tl;dr, they made him try to refuel with a KC-135 and then turned it into a firetruck in front of him. Sounds like "toys in a sandbox" to me.
>>
DCS needs to work on the "game" part of their simulator more.

This is going to trigger the elitist faggots who stroke their dick to the thought of them playing super hyper realisms simulator, but its still a game.

Its still a video game, and video games are supposed to be fun.

Don't take any of the simulation out, add more "game" in.
>>
>soviet fighter pilots before Germany invaded had on average 15 flight hours
>aerial gunnery and aerobatics were excluded because they were considered too dangerous

Jesus christ.
>>
File: vozdushnyiy-taran.jpg (69KB, 617x480px) Image search: [Google]
vozdushnyiy-taran.jpg
69KB, 617x480px
>>163388234
only trained to ram )))
>>
>>163388124
>open mission editor
>literally make whatever the fuck you want
>done

there you go
>>
>>163388787

>you want game company to make fun?
>no fuck you, make your own fun

lol

let me just buy all the payed campaigns real quick.
>>
>>163388787
I know this is b8 but this attitude actually exists and is why DCS will forever be shit on the 'game' side of things.
>>
File: 12000847160.jpg (12KB, 246x249px) Image search: [Google]
12000847160.jpg
12KB, 246x249px
>all these die-hard ED shills
Jesus, where did you all come from? Reddit?
>>
File: Snap 2016-12-21 at 18.26.02.png (1KB, 129x20px) Image search: [Google]
Snap 2016-12-21 at 18.26.02.png
1KB, 129x20px
Does anyone know how I should install Guncam tracers for Il2 1946? The instructions say to just put it into the MODS folder, but I don't have one. Right now I'm using JGME and HSFX, does that make any difference? I googled it and didn't find anything that really explains it well.
>>
>>163388124
I made this post:
>>163386102
and even I agree with this sentiment.

DYNAMIC FUCKING CAMPAIGN SYSTEM WHEN

Whatever happened to that modder that was working on one? Guardians of the Caucasus was some good shit.
>>
>>163388932
>playing a simulator
>literally not knowing how, or ever touching the mission editor
>ever

get the fuck out. Go back to war thunder, you have no business here
>>
File: 20161217232058_1.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161217232058_1.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
>>163381346
Don't forget the silly damage model; you have to dump half your rounds into their tailpipe, and their wing pops off whether you were shooting said wing or not.

That being said, you can troll the fuck out of Mig 15s with the GAR-80
>>
>>163389120
By mods they mean your JGME mod folder
>>
Just give up on DCS or give up on your life
>>
>recommending anything other than BMS
you need to end yourselves
>>
>Jane's WW2 Fighters
>use mission editor
>play Jane's F-15
>use mission editor
>Play Jane's F-18
>use mission editor
>play original IL-2
>use mission editor
>Play original Flanker
>use mission editor
>play Lomac
>use mission editor
>Play DCS
>whaaaaaaat? WHAT THE FUCK? There's no dynamic campaign? What I do? How I play this???!?!!!!!!1111?!!1/1//111
>>
File: 1461631977322.jpg (63KB, 611x715px) Image search: [Google]
1461631977322.jpg
63KB, 611x715px
>>163389234

>its a simulator its not supposed to be fun!!!!
>make your own quality campaigns and missions in the mission editor, if they are good enough maybe ED will sell it to others for 15 dollars!!!!

having """"""simulator""""""" in the title of your VIDEO GAME doesn't mean fun is not required anymore. You are a complete cunt if you think this way.

I do use the mission editor, all the time. It can only do so much.

There is a reason almost every single other combat flight sim has a dynamic campaign system. Fuck even ones in the 90's had that shit. It should be a requirement.

Digital Combat Simulator is literally on 1/3'rds correct. The only truth to the name is that its digital, i'll give them that one.
>>
File: 1471228125713.jpg (57KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
1471228125713.jpg
57KB, 600x602px
>recommending anything other than Strike Fighters 2
you need to end yourselves
>>
>>163389453
Tried that and I see no change at all. I think it might be because I'm running HSFX at the same time, but I see no reason why that should conflict.
Does anyone know what I should do?
>>
>>163389797
>but I see no reason why that should conflict.
HSFX changes tracers though doesn't it?
>>
File: 1375420529691.jpg (59KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1375420529691.jpg
59KB, 625x626px
>all this bait
>>
File: 1435395951922.png (356KB, 701x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435395951922.png
356KB, 701x720px
>>163389719
>The only truth to the name is that its digital, i'll give them that one.

My fucking sides
>>
>>163389648
Here's the thing, anon.

Sims have begun providing dynamic campaign systems, Rise of Flight did that over 5 years ago and isn't even the first to do so.

ED/DCS are currently lagging behind their competition by failing to implement one.

Granted, dynamic campaigns won't help DCS if the AI continue to be shitty.
>>
>>163389648

Every single game on that list had multiple well made and long campaigns for every aircraft, as well as a metric fuck ton of single missions.

DCS Modules don't even fucking come with campaigns. If they do, they are complete and utter shit (see: MiG-21) or they come out a year after the module was released (see: Mirage 2000)
>>
>>163389892
Come to think of it I think it does. Is there anyway I can replace the files in HSFX with those form the guncam tracers?
>>
>>163388124
1000% this.
Falcon works because it was always designed to be a consumer game and product. DCS isn't really. It's the same situation as what racing sims have largely become, and it's sad. They're more realistic than they've ever been, but (aside from outliers like DIRT Rally and F1 2016) there's no more character or soul in these games anymore. There's nothing really tying you to the game aside from running laps forever around the Nurburgring.
>>
>>163390062
But the campaign for Mirage 2000 came on literally the day it was "released."

That's how early access works. I don't agree with it, but it's technically correct.
>>
>>163390210
>DCS
>campign
The missions never work because they rely on arbitrarily set markers that you never set off.
>>
>>163390141

Being a fighter pilot is boring, so DCS should be boring also.
>>
>>163390345
Or in the MiG-21's case, set markers that you literally cannot find.
>>
>>163389719
>I literally have no idea what a mission editor is, or how it works, and want missions that I WANT to play, spoonfed to me by other people
>>
>>163390406
This.
Soon pilots will be replaced completely by drones anyways.
>>
>>163390465

Can you read? I use the mission editor all the time to make missions I want to play.

>the company that makes the game actually putting things to do in the game is spoonfeeding

You are one dumb ass mother fucker

Either that you are in the honeymoon phase where you've been playing DCS for a month or two and think its just the hottest shit.
>>
>>163388787
Jesus.
>literally make whatever the fuck you want
You do know what literally means right?
You really believe anything is possible huh?

>mfw this faggot goes to a restaurant has a bunch of raw food dropped on his table and is told.

"literally make whatever the fuck you want"

Gives yelp 5 star review.
>>
File: 76527624862768.png (152KB, 540x210px) Image search: [Google]
76527624862768.png
152KB, 540x210px
>>163389719
This. I'm a ramp start junkie autist but I want good multiplayer and dynamic campaigns so I can use what I know in an interesting way.

My favorite part of realistic games like project reality is being part of a team and contributing towards a goal in ways that aren't just killing the bad man and getting the point. I wish DCS had a spoonfeed multiplayer campaign where you could choose roles and ingame regiments and shit like WW2OL and I could drop sea mines from a helicopter or paratroopers from a C-17 and have that affect the outcome of a battle
>>
File: aces.webm (433KB, 800x447px) Image search: [Google]
aces.webm
433KB, 800x447px
>>163390742
I love you anon for saying what I want to say and succinctly describing what I hate about DCS.
>>
>>163388124
The people who shill against the 'game' part of DCS are the doods who want a monopoly on fun with their clan events
>>
>>163389120
Download a mod activator for the HSFX build you're using. It should come with a MODS folder, which may be appropriately labelled to load first. Then put it in there.
>>
File: Bf-109g6real.jpg (100KB, 1200x656px) Image search: [Google]
Bf-109g6real.jpg
100KB, 1200x656px
>wehrboos will defend this

PFFFFFFF, lol this thing is a complete joke
>>
>>163390026
Dynamic campaigns are not what make a sim worth playing, nor are they even what a 'simulator' is based around. In fact DC are the most 'gamey' thing a sim can have.

What makes a simulator a simulator is literally the mission editor itself, as it allows you to 'simulate' the thing you wish to. It's why the military took such an interest in VBS, it is why Arma is what it is. And it is what makes every combat flight sim what it is, along with the obvious modeling of flight dynamics and avioncs, ect.

It's kind of funny how no one expects a civilian airline sim to have a campaign, but god forbid a combat sim not have a fucking story to it.

Far too many ace combat kids are finding their way in here
>>
>>163390630
>Can you read? I use the mission editor all the time to make missions I want to play.
>I use the mission editor all the time
>lol, I just lied because I have no way of backing myself up here
>>
>>163390883
also these faggots shill against enhancing multiplayer because they want TS and clans to be the only way to organize so there's a constant stream of pubbies easy to kill
>>
>>163390978
>Dynamic campaigns are not what make a sim worth playing,
RIP BMS
>>
File: 1476594410143.jpg (1MB, 2295x1837px) Image search: [Google]
1476594410143.jpg
1MB, 2295x1837px
>>163390698
>mfw this faggot goes to a restaurant has a bunch of raw food dropped on his table and is told.
>"literally make whatever the fuck you want"

btfo

>>163390742

Fucking this. Honestly, blue flag is the only thing that even sort of got multiplayer in DCS right.

Back when it was at its peak, full of players, everyone on the TS, it was fucking lit. Every airframe in the mission had a role, and every one of them had to accomplish it to win.

It felt fucking awesome to be a part of a giant airwar, flying a fighter, providing cap for your strikers and transports choppers.

It felt fucking awesome to be in a Ka-50 and being told by the head GCI controller that you're the last striker alive in the area and everyone is counting on you as you have 15 friendly fighters duking it out to keep you alive.

That's that kind of shit that should have already been in the game, not focring some greek and some jew to perform witch-craft to bring into DCS.
>>
>>163390978
>a simulation of the operations that fighter aircraft participate in does not belong in a simulator

Best part is that if you try and use the mission editor to make realistic scenarios the game dies due to too many units.
Realistic missions are impossible in DCS.
>>
>>163390978
Anon, the gamey functions like dynamic campaigns are useful because they can allow you to get some training in situations not of your own making and hopefully, no two missions will be identical or even similar.

>Far too many ace combat kids are finding their way in here

Fuck you, anon. I'm a guitarist. You think I got upset over Guitar Hero leading kids to attempt to pick up the actual instrument, and sucking at it ?

No. I was fucking pleased that they were introduced to something I enjoy, and that they're getting enjoyment out of.
>>
File: hh4.jpg (16KB, 190x240px) Image search: [Google]
hh4.jpg
16KB, 190x240px
>>163390742
>y favorite part of realistic games like project reality
>realistic games
>project reality

That's it, this general is fucked. Nothing but children who found their way and have no idea what the purpose of what it was.

Should have known, school is out. Nothing but children here for the next couple of weeks thinking the new CoD and arcade combat are 'simulaz0rs'
>>
File: 20161221185247_1.jpg (90KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20161221185247_1.jpg
90KB, 1600x900px
>>163390906
I've decided that its not that big of a deal. On the other hand, doesn't anyone know how to get rid of this purple-ish smoke? It looks terrible and I have no idea why its there or how to get rid of it.
>>
>>163390978

>simulating being a pilot in a giant air/land/sea war in which your actions directly affect the war effort isn't what makes a COMBAT sim worth playing
>its my very small scale single mission ops i put together in the mission editor

dude... come on.
>>
Anyone here remember when we found Sithspaws Facebook and linden? Any of you cunts remember what it was?
>>
>>163390978
I really hope this is just top tier bait and you don't actually believe everything you just said. Here is your well earned (You).
>>
>>163391324
>someone disagrees with me
>REEEEEEEE GET THE FUCK OUT ACE COMBAT KIDDIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks for outing yourself as an autist that can't defend his own positions. Fuck off.
>>
Arma / Project Reality does not simulate real life combat.They simulate the cordination ,but they could never ever fully simulate combat.
>>
>>163391324
Stop being a spastic, I meant realistic in comparison to fucking ratchet and clank
>>
File: gods.png (305KB, 1200x1274px) Image search: [Google]
gods.png
305KB, 1200x1274px
>>163391324

This was a really well put together series of shitposts mate, seriously. You deserve a pat on the back.

You actually did a really good job of impersonating a drooling manchild. I can only congratulate you, you almost had us fooled!

S!
>>
>>163390978

I am honestly, genuinely jealous that you are able to delude your self into thinking this way.

I seriously wish I was able to convince my self that DCS is perfect as it is and be happy.
>>
>>163391372
>>simulating being a pilot in a giant air/land/sea war in which your actions directly affect the war effort
>simulating WW3
>where I alone dictate the outcome

anon, it's you who has the wrong idea here. Yeah, small scale operations IS what is correctly modeled in DCS.

Here's something to think about, look at what the actual serviceable aircraft the Russians have that are able to actually fly. Now think about how retarded you are for wanting to make giant idiotic WW3 nonsense
>>
The people who shill against dynamic campaigns are people who make custom missions for their clan and fear their maps will not be used anymore once ED brings in dynamic campaigns
>>
File: hhhh.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
hhhh.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>163391581
>I am honestly, genuinely jealous that you are able to delude your self into thinking this way.
>mission editors are somehow not what makes a simulator a simulator
>>
File: 1480981308538.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1480981308538.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>163391659
>Now think about how retarded you are for wanting to make giant idiotic WW3 nonsense

You're right, militaries never train for WW3
>>
>>163391659

You are putting words in my mouth. You do not alone dictate the outcome you idiot.

But, if you and your squadron destroy enough enemy armor in a certain area, your friendly ground forces are more likely to be able to capture it.

Also, we wouldn't be simulating world war 3 in 2016 you dolt. If anything, it would be a cold war gone hot scenario which would actually work based on the aircraft we currently have.

But now that i think about it, since DCS is such a SIMULATOR, the dynamic campaign would end the second you start it because the entire world is now nuked.
>>
>WW3 is the only thing a dynamic campaign can simulate, no other type of conflict would EVER be done

I can't tell who's baiting who anymore.
>>
>>163391795
i refuse to believe your argument is actually "the military uses the mission editor to simulate specific things"

it's becos you make missions for your clan, isnt it
>>
File: 1481245736222.jpg (15KB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
1481245736222.jpg
15KB, 388x218px
>>163391795

>dynamic campaigns make a simulator not a simulator
>BMS is not a simulator
>>
>>163392101
He's technically correct, but;

Dynamic campaigns simply use the mission editor to auto-generate missions. They don't make a simulator not a sim because they subvert the mission editor, they fucking rely on it to operate.

He's retarded.
>>
File: assault horizon.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
assault horizon.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
simulators are fucking trash lmao
playing internet flyboy when you could sign up for the air force and do the real thing, literally why???? kyss
>>
File: 897487649849849.png (35KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
897487649849849.png
35KB, 238x250px
This guy is missing the point, when military simulates a scenario either in real life or in a sim, they're able to stipulate all kinds of things because they're organized, because they're a fucking military.

It's a waste of time to get a server to play a mission, do an AAR and tell them to wait a few days while you edit a new mission. You just bring in logic to the game to count assets lost/gained and ground captured.
>>
>>163392101
they do. Or did you not understand the purpose the mission editor in the first place?
>>
File: yak9-22b.jpg (57KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
yak9-22b.jpg
57KB, 700x350px
Why aren't we getting the Yak-9 in IL-2?
Yak-9 saw combat during Stalingrad, but we aren't even getting in Kuban, we are getting the Yak-7B which is worse than the Yak-1B.

Yak-9 was like their most used fighter during that period.

I haven't been following IL-2 for very long, are the planes all planned way out in advance? Or do some show up as a surprise?
>>
>>163392452
i know you're trolling but in my country i have a better statistical chance of being a lottery winner
>>
At this point I honestly believe DCS fags pride them selves in the fact that their video game isn't fun, because its a hardcore simulator.

I seriously think its their way of feeling superior. There is no other reason you would argue this way.
>>
File: SS_23_17_20.jpg (189KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
SS_23_17_20.jpg
189KB, 1440x900px
>it's not simulator unless it has a dynamic campaign

ahahahahahahahaha
>>
File: 1480120812311.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480120812311.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
stop fighting
>>
File: 8637635865388.png (225KB, 720x533px) Image search: [Google]
8637635865388.png
225KB, 720x533px
>>163392580
That's not an argument against dynamic campaigns. Whether a person who buys DCS has fun being predicated on joining your gay little clan is not a reliable business model.
>>
>>163392717
>t. ace combat
>>
File: c43.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
c43.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>163392890

no
>>
>>163392912
>clan
>playing online
>a direct coorelation in me having no idea what a mission editor is, and why I need a dynamic dildo shoved up my ass
>>
>>163392890
but it makes this place feel fast
>>
File: photo_ru_yak-3_1.jpg (232KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
photo_ru_yak-3_1.jpg
232KB, 800x445px
never
>>
>>163393179
I refuse to believe that you're basing your argument on your arbitrary idea of what 'simulation' means because that would be a rare level of autism and I think you have an ulterior motive to do with clan elitism.
>>
Zelly from Hoggit here. Ask me anything
>>
>>163393584
Where the fuck do you think you are, anon?

The people here are exactly this autistic.
>>
>>163392890
>>163381414
I watched Hibike S1 and loved it, but haven't seen any of S2 aside from the first episode. Did S2 end up being as good as the first?
>>
>>163392583
Yak-9s at Stalingrad is parroted a lot but I've never seen any sources for or against.

I believe 777 have gone with the Yak-9 not being at the battle. Though it certainly has a possibility of being added as a collector plane in future. Then again the Yak-1b is already incredibly similar to the 9.

>I haven't been following IL-2 for very long, are the planes all planned way out in advance? Or do some show up as a surprise?

Depends, the planes of the major expansions are known as soon as the expansion is announced, but the Yak-1b & Ju-52 collector planes snuck up on us and were announced at quite short notice, a few months ago.

brb - looking to see how prolific the Yak-9 was at the beginning of 43'
>>
>>163393584
>not knowing how to use a mission editor
>shifting to thinking it has something to do with playing online to avoid looking like an idiot who doesn't how to use it
>>
>>163394060

>but the Yak-1b & Ju-52 collector planes snuck up on us and were announced at quite short notice

I guess there is hope then
>>
>>163394250
I use the mission editor all the time, why would I want to play a mission where I know where everything is laid out and what to expect? It doesn't have any good 'randomize within x area by x amount' features like the CMANO editor so what the fuck are you on about?

So are you just an autist whose proud that he's just learned how to use the mission editor? Or are you going to admit you make missions for your clan and you're being elitist about it?
>>
>>163394614
>I use the mission editor all the time, why would I want to play a mission where I know where everything is laid out and what to expect?

>I literally just admitted to never using the mission editor, nor knowing how to
>>
>>163394817

You must be the best fucking mission maker in DCS. Please post an example of something you have made.

>inb4 spoonfeeding

Until you do it, I'm going to call you out on your bull shit. You don't know jack shit about the mission editor and you have literally never used it.
>>
>>163394614
Bingo. Exactly. I don't want to know exactly where everything is going to be, exactly the defensive positions..etc. Random generator lets each sortie have a surprise element for the most part other than what basic mission planning and 'intel' available would provide.
>>
>>163394985
>doesnt know about mission editor options
>tries to tell someone else they didn't know about mission editor options that he didn't know
>>
>>163394817
It's abundantly clear that you're a horsefucker and you think you're an epic troll. The ability to randomize is completely shit and you know it.
>>
You could just learn LUA and stop crying about randomization.
>>
>>163395592
>Learn LUA in order to have fun

Fuck off.
>>
>>163395053
This is actually my hang up with the mission editor argument. Everybody tells you to make your own missions but in doing so you know exactly what's going to happen during the mission because you had to write it.

>but muh randomness through scripting
You can't completely randomize it. You still have to set up the parameters for that randomness and a general area, and anything that possibly COULD happen during a mission you're fully aware of because you wrote it. That also doesn't take care of the other aspect of a good dynamic campaign where you have other flights running their own missions completely independent of yours. You can just add those in, but they'll be exactly the same every time. You could also script that to some extent for randomness, but then you come back to the same argument of you already knowing what could possibly happen because you wrote the damn thing.

All this is without getting into the whole fact that there's no consequences to anything once the mission ends. That part is kind of a big deal to a real dynamic campaign.

The only way you could get real randomness on remotely the same level as a good DC would be writing some really wacky shit using MIST, at which point you've practically written a light dynamic campaign. I know because I've tried.

>scripted mission editor is a replacement for a dynamic campaign
This is truly the new shitposting meta.

>>163395592
Fuck you, I do know Lua and I have done mission scripting. This shouldn't be something that the community hacks together with scripts that often break with every patch because ED is always modifying their scripting engine. This should be something that's built into the ingame UI and into the engine that way it would actually fucking work.
>>
So the capability is there, just not in the exact way that you want it. Aren't you two just the cutest little snowflakes.
>>
>>163395241

Until you post a mission I'm not believing a single word you say.

>>163395592

>dude just learn a coding language lmao

you're a lost cause.
>>
>>163395990
Dynamic campaign is good, ignore this guy he's just broken inside and thinks he's a hilarious troll.
>>
>>163396208

Hey asshole you're talking to the creator of Hoggit, you need to show me a little more respect.
>>
>>163396531
zelly died in a fishing trawler accident, if you were actually him you'd know that.
>>
>>163396634

It's true but don't forget about my glorious reappearance only to disappear again almost immediately.

Also it was a snatching accident, not trawling, get it right.
>>
The best compromise I've found regarding the mission editor and not always knowing what's going to happen is to just do PvP missions with PvE elements.

My VS does MiG-21 v. F-5 missions with AI mixed in, both teams have GCI but we don't allow GCI to call out player threats specifically so those in the air never know exactly what's going on or the competency level of the thing they're engaging/being engaged by.

Agreed with >>163395802 ; you can script randomness but only to an extent, the mission creator is always going to know exactly what the triggers are and what parameters he's set regarding those triggers. It's more vague than it'd be otherwise, but not an absolute solution.
>>
>>163396791
Easiest way for randomness on the part of the AI is to entirely script the enemy airforce using the GCI/CAP script.
>>
>>163396791

PvP ops are actually good in DCS, we just do them once ever 3 months.
>>
>>163396791
The best compromise is ED implementing a dynamic campaign and autists and 'doods fucking off
>>
>>163396531
lit. who
>>
>>163396902
We may start working that in when going for pure PvE ops.

I haven't used it myself, does that tuck with tactical/commander slots and ability to give AI orders at all?

I mean, it's always iffy whether AI will actually respond to orders given through CA's functions anyway, not going to be too problematic if they're incompatible.
>>
>>163397208
>I haven't used it myself, does that tuck with tactical/commander slots and ability to give AI orders at all?
No, at least not very well. It works great because there's a AI commander logic that coordinates the enemy planes and has them work together to hunt the players with support from GCI stations.

You can have enemy flights fly randomised CAP, scramble from airbases when they pick you up on radar, or a combination of the two.
>>
>>163397208
>tuck

god damn it fingers, you had one job
>>
File: probability.jpg (619KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
probability.jpg
619KB, 1920x1080px
>>163396170
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfW8zGoavCc

if only WAT was this good
>>
>>163397640

Give me a download link to your mission
>>
>>163395802
>This should be something that's built into the ingame UI

>>
>>163397707

God damn this one good ass video.

Makes DCS look fun as fuck. Although that sever is one of the lone bright spots 2bh
>>
>>163392583
Why isn't there a Yak-3? Fighter was absolutely used in Stalingrad. Make of German fighter barbecue.
>>
File: 1480468672391.jpg (53KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480468672391.jpg
53KB, 540x720px
>>163397707
I don't have that much time on my hands.
The video isn't even that good.
>>
File: 7642763878738.png (2MB, 1400x877px) Image search: [Google]
7642763878738.png
2MB, 1400x877px
For all the people who complain about modules taking years, you can actually speed up development by shilling DCS everywhere you can.

The reason shit takes so long is because ED spends so much money on license acquisition and research that they don't profit enough due to it being an esoteric product to have lots of employees. You can meme DCS to get a bigger playerbase and therefore ED gets more funds to pay more staff. They may even get someone to do non-shitty advertising.

- Make flashy videos that you know will titillate the normies.

- Make gifs and post them on the other boards like /k/ or /his/ so people will ask what game it is.

- Make posts on leddit or other boards here whenever something gets released thats relevant to that boards subject. Could just be general video game discussion or forums about aviation and military hardware.
>>
>>163399078
also i know a little bit of shilling goes far cuz i was the first person to shill MDE back on 4chan back in '11 no lie
>>
http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/f14/
Look how good this website is. There's people who don't know what "F" in F-14 stands for who will want it because of this website. It makes the modules on it look like they belong to a game 10 times better than DCS. How does the DCS website look like it belongs in 2006 when Leatherneck can make a website this good.
>>
File: large_000000 (3).jpg (68KB, 800x553px) Image search: [Google]
large_000000 (3).jpg
68KB, 800x553px
>>163398201
Blue flag is pretty good when it isn't broken. Basis servers can also be quite fun but they always end up as just straight airquake
>>
>>163399967
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTe7xPtCbnc

listen to the music Wags or his audio guy chooses for his videos, its just shit taste in art. they should probably get that swedish guy to do that stuff
>>
>>163400197
open conflict is pretty comfy imo
>>
Which is easier for a new guy, ww2 shit or modern jets?
>>
>>163400532

WW2 stuff is easier to fly, harder to master. New stuff has systems that do a lot for you (radar and whatnot) but are more complex to jump into.

Really depends, they're both kinda hard in different ways if you like engineering and are a system nerd you'll have a better time in modern, if you just wanna fly and shoot guns at shit WW2 is fine.
>>
>>163400532
Taking off and landing is harder in the ww2 planes the system management is very simple. Modern jets, especially the A-10 have a bunch of stuff you have to memorize and if you stop playing it for a few weeks you have to do annoying refreshers to relearn it.

If you want to git gud at a modern jet you need to pick one and stick at it. Whereas switching between ww2 planes isnt that hard.
>>
>>163400335
Open Conflict's alright.

Takes forever to load-in and used to lag a lot due to Mirknir having literally no idea how to script, but it's gotten better recently.
>>
>>163400769
Unless you fly the F-5E.
>>
>>163399078
its not an easy game to shill for. hopefully when 2.5 and/or the tomcat are out, a few big youtubers who play similar(ish) games will do a few a videos on it.
>>
>>163398729

Yak-3 is very late war...
>>
File: 1481551824478.jpg (451KB, 1563x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481551824478.jpg
451KB, 1563x1080px
>>163401868
The main requirements for successfully promoting a game without a massive advertising budget are
Meme Factor (like le epic zombies in DayZ, F-14 obviously has a bit of this), videos of wacky/emergent gameplay which we would have more of if they added multiplayer features and an air of 'newness' from glossy gfx, good art and soundtracks. Obviously DCS lacks in all three but it could be rectified if they weren't solely focused on the autistic parts of flight simming.
>>
>>163398958

Its better than anything you have made.
>>
File: 1472001766111.gif (2MB, 211x213px) Image search: [Google]
1472001766111.gif
2MB, 211x213px
>>163403338
>>
What's a good, relatively cheap flight stick? I'm stuck trying to play with a controller right now and obviously it just doesn't work all that great.
>>
File: Mirage2000sandMig21DCS.webm (2MB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
Mirage2000sandMig21DCS.webm
2MB, 1280x540px
Post the koolest DCS gifs and webms you got so I can shill DCS lads

Stuff that emphasizes features casuals don't know could be done in a game especially. The thing that amazed me when I first heard about DCS was that the cockpits were clickable and the flight models and systems weren't just abstractions but actually based on real data.
>>
>>163403842
Thrustmaster T-16000M
>>
File: 151001-F-DW547-004.jpg (1MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
151001-F-DW547-004.jpg
1MB, 1800x1200px
>>163403338
I like WAT's videos. Aviation needs more V A P O R W A V E.

Also I'll quit posting Spitfires for the time being. Instead, have a super-constellation. Looking forward to A2A's take on it. Gon b comfy.
>>
>>163404101
HMS missile shots are flashy and something everyone can understand is cool right away, anyone have those?
>>
File: Didn'tSeeItComing.webm (3MB, 1280x624px) Image search: [Google]
Didn'tSeeItComing.webm
3MB, 1280x624px
>>163404101
normies love things that blow up. Show them this mach 1 pass.

>>163404338
I'm sure I have some let me look.
>>
>>163404338
Do you mean HMD? The circle looks shit on the mig-29/su-27
>>
>>163404459
yes
>>
>>163404394
That's quite good. Does anyone have any gifs of ships being strafed/rocketed with the new water splash fx or some with the 2.0 missile trails?

Also shots of radar screens are pure vaporwave
>>
File: Krasfucksa15.webm (3MB, 882x600px) Image search: [Google]
Krasfucksa15.webm
3MB, 882x600px
>>163404338
strange I figured I would have at least one, the closest thing I have is locking with the hmd and going for guns.
>>
File: faggoit.png (433KB, 647x441px) Image search: [Google]
faggoit.png
433KB, 647x441px
>>163403338
oh god my feels
HOW AM I GUNNA GET PUSSY NOW
I NEVR GET ANY PUSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>163404695

I can tell you how

More a e s t h e t i c vaporwave aviation videos.
>>
File: 1480564838990.jpg (124KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480564838990.jpg
124KB, 640x960px
>>163404776
I'm making one right now.
>>
File: 1468238286515.gif (164KB, 494x332px) Image search: [Google]
1468238286515.gif
164KB, 494x332px
>>163404674
dats good

what id really like to get is a short clip that shows actions outside the cockpit that also shows the ASM clickable stuff, that's the main draw of DCS i think. e.g. a gif of the mi-8 flicking the red dome light and the fans on, something autistic like that
>>
File: shitpost.png (30KB, 601x241px) Image search: [Google]
shitpost.png
30KB, 601x241px
>>163404674
I rember being GCI when you got that kill.
You saved your furry buttbuddy.
>>
File: vdvblue.jpg (145KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
vdvblue.jpg
145KB, 399x600px
>>163404892
I don't think that man is in the vdv..
>>
>>163404970
also if someone could make me a gif of the mig-21 where you click the rato switch and then it shows the f2 view with rockets igniting then back to the cockpit with full shake that would be so cool
>>
File: 1480887266734.png (719KB, 998x998px) Image search: [Google]
1480887266734.png
719KB, 998x998px
>>163405135
That my wifes sons dad
>>
>spit added
>dcs ww2 is unplayable easy for one plane
>>
>>163404970
this video came to mind, this dude made it when the fans update came out
https://youtu.be/pT1jYGrLgxM
>>
>You choose to build yourself something for your desk that works with dcs
>this is what you choose
https://youtu.be/-Lpt9bVZ8Mo

I don't know whether this is stupid or amazing.
>>
File: large_000000 (9).jpg (44KB, 800x631px) Image search: [Google]
large_000000 (9).jpg
44KB, 800x631px
>>163405430
The only WWII plane I have is the Spitfire. I know that the two German planes should be considerably faster but they never take advantage of that.

(Back to posting RAF)
>>
>>163404101
where are you gonna shill this stuff?
>>
File: 1479006416886.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479006416886.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>163407092
im gonna shoehorn it in on different places on the internet
>>
>>163407290
been doing it a ton of times on war thunder forums, constantly making new accounts
>>
>>163407387
shilling to promote things with sockpuppets or anonymously really, really works wonders

i kept pushing the sam hyde videos on /pol/ and /lit/ when no one had heard of them and then more and more people starting posting them until it became a meme
>>
File: 3-1.jpg (126KB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
3-1.jpg
126KB, 2048x1363px
>>
>>163397707
this is the best DCS ad ever
>>
File: CmHdpIeXIAAKS0R.jpg (92KB, 963x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CmHdpIeXIAAKS0R.jpg
92KB, 963x1200px
>>163407290
I hope nowhere like say, another video game general perhaps?
>>
File: Picture 002.jpg (27KB, 282x292px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 002.jpg
27KB, 282x292px
This is probably sacrilege but whatever:
I prefer using a proper control set but sometimes I like just hooking my PC up to the TV and playing from the couch and of course at this point I have to use a gamepad.
Problem with a gamepad of course is there is no physical feedback besides rumble of the whole damn gamepad.

TLDR: Does a gamepad exist with a force feedback joystick. Interface doesn't matter, it could be old as shit with a 15pin dsub connector.
>>
>shilling for a game that is broken as shit
>>
>>163413970
At least it's not War Thunder 2: DLC Boogaloo.
>>
>>163413903
I think the closest you will find is the rumble in the Steam Controller's touchpads.
Just use a joystick on your coffee table.
>>
File: 1481745191755.png (158KB, 666x607px) Image search: [Google]
1481745191755.png
158KB, 666x607px
>>163413970
the point is if you shill hard enough they get more money to pay people to unbroke it...
>>
File: Antonov_An-2R_on_ski_Ryabtsev.jpg (464KB, 1199x817px) Image search: [Google]
Antonov_An-2R_on_ski_Ryabtsev.jpg
464KB, 1199x817px
when
>>
What would save DCS?

My optimistic view:
>Straight of Hormuz comes out
>Desert ops every day with F-14Bs, A-7s, A-6s, and F-18s flying carrier sorties against Iranian F-5s, F-14As, Mirage F1s and Mig-21s
>2.5 fixes netcode and smoke and fire effects
>FC3 consigned to the dustbin of history

Tell me that wouldn't be rad
>>
>>163421143
At least one of those planes is being done by AvioDev and will never be finished, the others will take 3-4 years to arrive.

By which point DCS will be ded in the water.
>>
bump
>>
>>163421143
If they made an F-4 Phantom, su-22, mig-23 and mig-25 that would be pretty much every plane during the iran-iraq war - if added to things already promised AND it would address the lack of slav planes

even the gazelle saw combat in that war
>>
>>163424021
After the recent debacle with the MiG-23 (and the fact that we still don't know what's going on) I've given up on ever getting more Russian full-fidelity modules.
>>
>>163424254
Matt Wagner confirmed it wasn't a license cancellation on mudspike forums yesterday, he basically hinted that another third party or ED was doing it and said soon. He also hinted at an F-111.
>>
>>163424508
Please let it be ED and not Leatherneck.

I don't want BOTH of my MiGs to constantly be broken.
>>
File: Burnt burger.webm (2MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Burnt burger.webm
2MB, 852x480px
>>163404101
>>
why did you black out the chat anon? What are you hiding?
>>
File: 1469656280633-0.jpg (33KB, 385x354px) Image search: [Google]
1469656280633-0.jpg
33KB, 385x354px
>>163404101
>clickable cockpits
>real data
Everyone plays FC3 planes anyways and the reeeel data is based on sekrit dokuments
>>
>>163426561
>Simulator
>>
>>163426561
why don't ships just use a giant hairdryer against general purpose bombs?
>>
File: Take off.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Take off.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>163404101
>>
>>163426830
damn after never using the mirror since it kills like 30+ frames seeing that thing is super distracting.
>>
>>163426891
Really? I fucking love the mirror. I wish I could keep it on without the frame hike.
>>
>>163427043
don't get me wrong I'd probably like it if I got used to it, but it's just not worth turning on.
>>
File: sd9WNyG.jpg (275KB, 2709x1803px) Image search: [Google]
sd9WNyG.jpg
275KB, 2709x1803px
>>
how long until piltos are obsolete?
>>
>>163400532
Fighting in modern jets is mostly about systems management and managing your sensors and weapons efficiently.
Fighting in WW2 planes is all about coordinated acrobatics and aerial gunnery.

They're completely different.
>>
File: removesand2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
removesand2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Bms ops tomorow night?
>>
>>163414315
Hey DCS WW2 isn't that bad.
>>
>>163424508
He didn't hint at the F-111 you idiot that's just a recurring joke on the mudspike forums.
>>
Boys
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2993004&postcount=46
>>
>>163432017
Cobra mentioned that it's not final release, something else Viggen related then.
>>
File: 1422690969083.jpg (64KB, 636x451px) Image search: [Google]
1422690969083.jpg
64KB, 636x451px
>>163432017
>Inb4 it's another campaign
>Inb4 it's a sale
>Inb4 screenshot/skin contest
>Inb4 it's a bunch of bundled modules
>Inb4 it's a combination of all of the above

We sure do know how to spoil you goys ;^)
>>
File: NJr9PFf.jpg (795KB, 1580x993px) Image search: [Google]
NJr9PFf.jpg
795KB, 1580x993px
Reminder that 1946 was a literal wehrboo wet-dream fantasy game.

>109s had no time limits on manifold pressure, could run at maximum war emergency power for as long as they wanted provided they didn't overheat, which was easy thanks to auto radiators.
>German 20 & 30mms literally evaporated any plane that they hit, a single minegeschoss ripping a B-17 wing off.

That game created a generation of delusional luftbabbies.
>>
Why does the f-15 gun have such low precision? You can fire multiple bursts right at the target and watch the bullets go around him without hitting shit.
>>
>>163433349
I'm not sure this is the case in my experience, usually it fires so many rounds you're bound to hit.
>>
>>163433349
It's funny how inaccurate the gatling cannons in the game are, and how insanely accurate the Russian cannons are, they are so accurate you can't hit shit.

Though what you are talking about is bullshit.
>>
Wags =/= Legs
>>
>>163433460
>>163433674
No, it's true. You generally can't down someone without wasting a third of your total rounds.
>>
>>163434242
I haven't experienced this myself.

Perhaps you could try gitting gud?
>>
Where did Wags legs run off to ?
>>
The silent footsteps.
>>
>>163435063
>>163434906
>>163433978
Extremelly distasteful
downvoted
>>
Flight for life
>>
Wags operation rolling thunder
>>
Lack of rudder
>>
Force-less pedals
>>
They work for the mercenary.

The wheeled man.
>>
If I make you stand ,will you die?
>>
are you just memeing or is that guy really legless? what happened to him?
>>
>>163436037
His first time flying a Cessna solo.
>>
>>163436037
No, he's just a faggot that doesn't have a leg to stand on
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otn7QwzmbGk

>Swinoujscie, Poland December 23rd 2016 – DCS: AJS-37 Viggen is now available for pre-purchase!

well there you go, release January 27th
>>
Reminder that viggen will be buggy af and lack alot of content just like the legless man
>>
Not saitek target demographic
>>
The memes are more real than his legs.
>>
Just walk away from the computer
>>
Yaw operation
>>
Left them in a rice field
>>
>>163433349
Generally speaking, high RPM gatling gun cannons aren't accurate.
>>
Wife wont re spawn
>>
did you log into admin?
>>
They took her and the legs
>>
It wheel be extremely painful.
>>
File: 1480619111851.jpg (26KB, 283x314px) Image search: [Google]
1480619111851.jpg
26KB, 283x314px
Will learning the F-18 in BMS help me get ready for the DCS F-18?
>>
File: 1482416619661.jpg (32KB, 334x321px) Image search: [Google]
1482416619661.jpg
32KB, 334x321px
>>163441314
No because the DCS F-18 will never be released
>>
>DCS WWII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92enGfvJ8aU
>>
>>163442212
>didn't deeplink to the worst part, 4:47
>>
File: 135646948465.jpg (70KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
135646948465.jpg
70KB, 1000x700px
>>
>>163441314
The f-18 in BMS is turbo shit tier.
>>
File: dcs ww2.png (493KB, 720x712px) Image search: [Google]
dcs ww2.png
493KB, 720x712px
>>163443473
>>
>>163443473
holy fuuuuuuuuuuggggg
>>
>>163443517
It's actually pretty good
>>
File: 980x.jpg (31KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
31KB, 420x420px
>>163443473
Savage
>>
>>163430163
Wouldn't mind a bit of BMS. Sand or Balkan?

t. Groatfag
>>
>>163441314
It'll help you the same way 's learning the F-16 would. Which, would be helpful if you've never flown it or the A-10C as it would explose you to how Western avionics generally work. Aside from the flight model though, the Hornet in BMS is just a dressed up F-16.
>>
>>163436037
wasn't it a pole vaulting accident in high school? can anyone confirm?
>>
File: gods plane.jpg (228KB, 1536x963px) Image search: [Google]
gods plane.jpg
228KB, 1536x963px
WHEN?!?!?!?!?

There are literally no games with this plane, except WarGame. And they're only there to be HIGHLY SITUATIONAL.
>>
File: 1389870080300.png (25KB, 213x214px) Image search: [Google]
1389870080300.png
25KB, 213x214px
>>163398201
>>163411274
>shooting several blind retards flying in a straight line
>good video
>fun
>>
>>163449451
End of January.
>>
>>163448539
>literal CIA spook
>pole vaulting accident
Yeah, more like tripwire vaulting accident.
>>
>>163449634
Thats a Draken, not a Viggen.

You cant fool me.
>>
>>163449451
why is that dorito flying??

>>163448539
it was because [redacted]
>>
>>163449451
Ace Combat Zero
>>
Was wags's "big things friday" just going to be the viggen release date?
>>
>>163451939
Looks like it
>>
>>163451939
How utterly shit.

Is the Mi-8 worth 20 goodboypoints
>>
>>163452769
>goodboypoints

is this what you call your monthly allowance your mum gives you?
>>
2 4 5 7 8 and back
>>
>>163453142
No, my currency is abbreviated to gbp
>>
File: 1481316959238.jpg (107KB, 995x660px) Image search: [Google]
1481316959238.jpg
107KB, 995x660px
>>163453480
Good boy powsi
>>
>>163453480
Safe lad :^)
>>
>>163453697
>>163453656
thanks for answering my question lads
>>
File: 20161221190840_1.jpg (81KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20161221190840_1.jpg
81KB, 1600x900px
I've had my fill of stock Il2 1946 and I want to move onto toying around with mods. I've tried HSFX but it still feels a bit lacking. What is the best pack I should get? VP modpack looks interesting, but its 10GB so I don't know if its worth it. Any suggestions?
>>
>>163456667
CUP WaW or Jet Age
>>
I am honestly curious, who is the animeanon? Does he fly ops?
>>
>>163456774
I saw those, they look interesting. Has anyone here used VP mod pack tho? I just want to hear a run down of what it adds and changes.
>>
>>163456991
animeanon is not singular
>>
>>163457631
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>163457852
there's multiple, i know of two that fly ops
>>
>>163361103
Post more, please
I want to know more about asseto corsa
I'm playing Live for Speed
Tried Project Cars(Turning and stuff feels just too fast, physics feel unrealistic idk)
And Asseto Corsa is something I've heard about but know nothing about it
>>
File: archer.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
archer.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>163404101
>>
>>163458201
Who are they?
>>
>>163457420
I have only used HSFX, CUP, and most of what SAS has made so i have no idea.
>>
>Finally, the Winter Sale just started on our website and on Steam. Battle of Stalingrad, La-5 and Fw-190 Collector Planes are 50% Off, Battle of Moscow is on sale at 33% Off and the P-40 and Mc.202 are also on sale with 15% off.
>>
>>163458943
CUP looks real fun. What does the WaW module add? I'm thinking of getting that and the jet age module.
>>
>>163459695
CUP its self is a base for 4 modules DOF(WW1), Golden Age(Interwar years), WAW(WW2) Jet Age(1946 to 1970) but the biggest downside is that the base itself is 20GB and WAW being 40-50GB.
>>
File: 8PdJx3C.jpg (14KB, 400x257px) Image search: [Google]
8PdJx3C.jpg
14KB, 400x257px
Yak-9B when?
>>
>>163458727
Generic weebs?
>>
>>163460015
>20G base
>50G addon
You better be joking, I really don't think its possible for it to be that big.
pls be joking
>>
File: explorer_2016-12-22_21-11-53.png (3KB, 255x84px) Image search: [Google]
explorer_2016-12-22_21-11-53.png
3KB, 255x84px
>>163460351
Enjoy the downloading
>>
File: 135498194286.jpg (2KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
135498194286.jpg
2KB, 125x121px
>>163458201
Name them so we can start the purge
There is only enough room for either frog or animeposters
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>163460351
Never underestimate the incompetence of dadgamer modders.
>>
File: IMG_0059.jpg (30KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.jpg
30KB, 480x490px
>>163460630
>>163460838
Holy shit
Well, is it worth it?
>>
>>163461118
The time spent downloading the whole damn thing is that you now have over 80GB of content to play with, and this includes "mini mods" that come with JSGME.
>>
File: HMS.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HMS.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>163404101
>>
File: C O M F Y.jpg (310KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
C O M F Y.jpg
310KB, 2560x1440px
L u f t h a n s a
>>
Are there any good tank sims on the steam sale right now
>>
>>163461826
steel armour?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286280/
>>
>>163461773
>lufthanz
>>
>>163458448
Not him, but Assetto Corsa is alright. It's become the new de-facto modding platform for simracing. I'm not too crazy about it, but I know a lot of people are really into it. It's too bad it doesn't have a demo.
>>
File: 20161222012955_1.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161222012955_1.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
>>163458448
Assetto Corsa guy here, not the dude you responded to.

The game uses the same engine as I think Automobilista (could be wrong on that), and is highly moddable. The official content from Kunos is generally fairly high quality, but the engine has some limitations.

It can't do night time (can't handle that many independent sources of light) and the devs aren't interested in doing rain right now, really..

But there's mods for both. Lots of track mods available as well, but many are repackages of old stuff from rFactor. Here's a picture of me fuckin' around on a modded touge. Map/textures look like shit because, again, this is a lift from rFactor modders.

desu I just use it as a less-dated rFactor that still doesn't look pretty. Kunos' official tracks look great however.
>>
Anyone have the password to download the FacetrackNoIR v170 on the delanclip site? Says it's included in the order confirmation, but it's not, only the password for the .rar of driver
>>
File: withvictorymark.jpg (53KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
withvictorymark.jpg
53KB, 400x575px
>>
File: allied air power.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
allied air power.webm
3MB, 640x360px
next gen CLOD is going to be lit
>>
Is BoS worth 25$
>>
>>163466232
Yes
>>
>>163466232
Buy it off their site:
https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-stalingrad/

and yes
>>
>>163466232
shouldn't even have to question it
>>
File: 37mm))).webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
37mm))).webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>163466232

absolutely.

I'll make you realize just how lacking DCS is.
>>
File: 37mm - Fw 190.webm (3MB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
37mm - Fw 190.webm
3MB, 1280x540px
>>163466232
>>
>>163466497
>Buy it off their site
Why?
>>
>>163466909
steam jows
>>
>>163466973
What?
>>
>>163466909
So steamjews don't steal half the money off a struggling dev.

It's on sale on both platforms so there's no real reason not too unless you get shafted by an exchange rate on the IL2 website.
>>
>>163466591
Yeah you are right. It's clearly not.
>>
should I get BoS or BoM if I want to play with you guys
>>
>>163467154
Either, they work together. But personally I'd recommend BoS since it's cheaper and has slightly later war aircraft.
>>
File: 37mm)))).webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
37mm)))).webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>163466724
>>
File: 110 Gunner Jabo.webm (3MB, 780x420px) Image search: [Google]
110 Gunner Jabo.webm
3MB, 780x420px
>>163467384
>>
>>163467085
PFFFFFHAHAHA
>>
>>163430163
Rampstart possible?
>>
>>163468023
stop shitposting
>>
>>163468165
It's not shitposting, I want to ramp start and if I can't then I just won't show up at all.
>>
>>163467132
Found the DCS WW2 shitter
>>
File: 2fsd.png (285KB, 1042x639px) Image search: [Google]
2fsd.png
285KB, 1042x639px
Can't get my PointTracker to recognize the points, anyone have a clue what might be wrong?
>>
>>163469482
Good, you won't be missed.
>>
>>163469690
nvm
>>
>>163465162
>The game uses the same engine as I think Automobilista
No it's a totally different engine. Automobilista uses a modified rFactor engine whereas Assetto Corsa is a custom engine made by Kunos.
>>
>>163470652
Interesting, I don't have Automobilista nor do I have much interest in it (fuck BRs and their stupid racing series), was just going off of what /ovg/ told me a while back.

Not like those retards often know what they're talking about.
>>
>>163471367
Automobilista has way more in it than Brazilian stock cars.
>>
>>163470015
>waaah why won't people play BMS

here is your answer
>>
>>163471543
Yeah, but most of what it does I can already do in other sims I have, that's the main thing that sets it apart that I know of.
>>
>>163473675
Yeah I hear you on that. desu most of racing sims out there are pretty interchangeable. It's really just a matter of settling on the one that works best with how you play your racing sims.

I'm still waiting on a sim that features racing on Tokyo's highways and Japan's mountains in the 90s. I know I'll be waiting forever. Assetto Corsa has mods for that, but they all feel bad because AC's engine looks so pants whenever you try to pretend it's night time, and they're all rFactor rips or rips from PS2 games.
>>
File: 20161222012957_1.jpg (434KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161222012957_1.jpg
434KB, 1920x1080px
>>163474014
It's always nice to find another wangan/touge nerd, the racing sim scene really seems to be nothing but dads most of the time.

Too bad Japs don't have more interest in creating sims of their own for those kinds of racing, Euros will forever be stuck with their heads up their own asses, and the Japanese driving "sim" pretty much just follows what they're doing. It's sad.
>>
File: 20161222222411_1.jpg (210KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20161222222411_1.jpg
210KB, 1600x900px
People getting jacked in this airspace
>>
>>163470015
>PLEASE JOIN BMS
>But only those that conform to my incredibly specific subset of playstyle
>>
>>163478025
>sneaky Lagg3
>>
>>163478530
>>
File: 1482455755043.png (237KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
1482455755043.png
237KB, 600x564px
SLAVS OUT !!
>>
File: 1455885843189.jpg (105KB, 600x1604px) Image search: [Google]
1455885843189.jpg
105KB, 600x1604px
>>163484034
No
>>
File: 1482284186574.png (263KB, 478x654px) Image search: [Google]
1482284186574.png
263KB, 478x654px
>>163484034
no u
>>
>>163458448
I'm your man, and AC is your sim.

Nothin better then the fully laser scanned Nordschleife. Physics are 8.7/10, Kunos the company gets contracted out by manufacturers like Ferrari and Porsche to make in house simulators for them, then takes this data and adds it as DLC for AC.
>>
Where's the nightly argument to keep the thread alive?
>>
>>163489352
Cliffs of Dover is $5 on sale right now, doesn't that make you PISSED?
>>
https://youtu.be/4w5p-KNlvS0

M
I
G
>>
Any good sims/modules to get for Christmas?
>>
File: 1481170860480.jpg (72KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
1481170860480.jpg
72KB, 446x362px
Is the oculus rift amazon is selling the new CV1? I checked a few days ago and it wasnt there but now they're selling an 'oculus rift' no other details
>>
File: 1481189102707.jpg (26KB, 480x405px) Image search: [Google]
1481189102707.jpg
26KB, 480x405px
Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, or another game for VR racing? How much life do these games have in themselves? Should I buy the complete pack of one, or just the base game? Wait longer? Is there a demo anywhere, or should I just torrent it to try it?

Also, Is RIDE any good?
>>
>>163490680

If you don't already have BoS/BoM and are even slightly interested in WWII, pick it up while its on sale.
>>
>>163492973
Project CARS has a free version, so you can mess around with that for VR. Live For Speed has the best VR integration of any racing game, and because it's ancient it runs extremely well no matter your hardware. LFS has a free demo too.

I'm not up to date on AC's VR support, I think it has it now, but the community had to really fight to convince Kunos that it was worthwhile. iRacing also has good VR support. RaceRoom Racing Experience has no VR and no VR support planned last I checked. I don't know if either rFactor have VR.
>>
>>163493758
Well, I'm kinda interested, but I really suck at visual IFF and just generally need modernish systems to fly well. I really struggle with the MiG-21.
>>
File: 1478336053482.jpg (199KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1478336053482.jpg
199KB, 1920x1280px
>>163493889
Why can't I have nice things, Anon?

>>163494087
>Project Cars - Pagani Edition

Thanks Anon, I didn't know there was a tester. I didn't want to torrent the whole game just to test it.

What do you think of the two titles in comparison? As I understand from comparisons I've reviewed, the visuals are better in PC, but the sound/vehicle models are better in AC. I don't have a racing wheel, but I have a VR HMD, and am thirsty for games to play with it. I got the thing, already have a HOTAS setup, and haven't even gotten Elite D.

I wish DCS was less of pain to set up. I never got to play it with my HOTAS setup, so I only ever download it and then soon after uninstall because I realize I won't actually get to play it.
>>
File: 20161222234910_1.jpg (443KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161222234910_1.jpg
443KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw perfect line

Also this shit is really exhausting. I kind of miss comfy flightsim time.
>>
>>163495013
Project CARS is a fucking pain in the ass because it so often breaks in some stupid ass way, but on the rare occasions that it actually works it's a really immersive game and a lot of fun. It would actually be a near perfect introduction to simracing if it wasn't so broken most of the time but maybe you'll have more luck than me.

Assetto Corsa has more realistic physics and great mod support, but it's a lot "drier" in terms of presentation and is very much a racing sim where all there is to do is drive cars around tracks.

In terms of presentation and general "feeling", Assetto Corsa is the DCS to IL2 BoS's Project CARS.

AI is shoddy in both and prone to crashing into things, but AC's probably works better at this point. I haven't played AC with AI in a long time, so I can't say.
>>
>>163434242
the F-15 gun circle isnt a snapshot thing you can just place on a target, you have to make it follow the target for a second then pull the trigger
>>
File: 6136536565757.png (94KB, 342x331px) Image search: [Google]
6136536565757.png
94KB, 342x331px
>slow computer
>got an SSD so I can't defrag
>scanned for viruses in safe mode, with online scanners etc and didn't find any
>tried freeing up SSD space

The only thing that gets it running smooth is reformatting. Any tips so I don't have to go through that?
>>
>>163496516
List specs
>>
File: invertedmig.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
invertedmig.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
comfy
>>
>>163496615
i7 6700k @4ghz
GTX 970
Hybrid HDD 1tb cant remember name
Samsung 850 pro 512gb
Windows 10
>>
>>163496516

When idle, check usage of your SSD. Does it keep writing for no reason?
>>
>>163498463
how do i check if it keeps writing? task manager > processes > disk %?
>>
File: 1482454866227.png (146KB, 497x353px) Image search: [Google]
1482454866227.png
146KB, 497x353px
>https://stormbirds.wordpress.com/2016/12/07/battle-of-kuban-what-content-is-coming-and-when/

>BF-110 with 37mm gun pod next month
>FW-190 A-5 with A-3 getting proper flight models in March

Fuck god its going to be lit.
>>
>>163492973
>>163494087
>>163495013

How could you forget Dirt Rally. tsk tsk
One of the best VR racing sims out there. Amazingly fun. I also recommend Assetto Corsa for VR, it it pretty damn good man. I got pCars, iRacing before it was iRacing. Havent' played LFS in 6yrs so damn hearing this makes me want to check it out in VR.

Anyways. Dirt Rally is amazing add it to your list.
>>
>>163499886
He said "sim," anon.

DiRT: Rally, with its phantom forces, and shoddy handling of any surface not asphalt/tarmac or ice, can't really be counted as such.

It is really good, though, just no more realistic than Gran Turismo.
>>
File: 1481688182241.jpg (28KB, 642x640px) Image search: [Google]
1481688182241.jpg
28KB, 642x640px
>>163499886
>Anon is bullying me about a game I never played in a genre I have little exposure to.
>Still no good baiku game ever beyond old PS2 titles.
>>
>>163498764
Ja
>>
>>163500067
I got ya man. I guess I read it as more of good VR racing titles.

>>163500383
No bullying intended. Included you as you were a principle in the topic. But if you are looking for a damn fun racing game, then grab on steam, play for an hr or so to check it out and refund it. Or torrent it. But check it out if you have a Rift. You will love it.
>>
No brakes for wags.
>>
>>163500748
I've just been disappointed with VR. I haven't played many games with it, and don't have motion controllers to play all the gimmick games coming out either.

I feel stupid. I should have gotten a 2560x1440p monitor or something.
>>
>>163501769
Well yeah VR is a secondary device for sure. If I was needing a better monitor I would have chosen that. But with that said. I think it is completely worth it even currently for what you get. Hell just DCS, and some racing titles and a few other games make it worth it to me right now. And now that IL is gonna be adding VR that is gonna be another great use title for it. But I can imagine your pain if not into those and enough to make it worth it.

But hey there is always da porn!
>>
>>163469690
Use opentrack anon. Back when I had a ghetto setup it works so much better than any freetrack shit (plus they steal their shit from TIR and don't give a fuck)
>>
Is AeroFly FS2 any good?
>>
>>163491341
Yes anon it's a CV1. Any other oculus rifts aren't for sale anymore unless you buy them used.
>>
>>163501769
What have you been playing with it and why are you disappointed?
>>
File: 1482437484979.png (757KB, 1440x532px) Image search: [Google]
1482437484979.png
757KB, 1440x532px
>literally ONE graphics card causes constant crashes in BoS
guess which card I have?
>>
File: BasedLaGG2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BasedLaGG2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>163504221

sucks dude.

BoS is one good ass sim
>>
>>163504342
>sim
>>
>>163504547
And FC3 is a sim aswell.
>>
>>163504547
>invincible pe-2s
>diving at 800kmh with no damage to aircraft
>literally wrong flight models
>'sim'
>>
>tfw BMS has been and will always be the best sim.
>>
File: 1482469781908.jpg (962KB, 1465x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1482469781908.jpg
962KB, 1465x2000px
>>163504342
>tfw cannot protect motherland from fascist aggressors
>>
File: mentalomega_sides_2016[1].png (531KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
mentalomega_sides_2016[1].png
531KB, 620x349px
Who /rtsg/ here
>>
File: 1479242268342.jpg (230KB, 1420x1827px) Image search: [Google]
1479242268342.jpg
230KB, 1420x1827px
>>163505023

>invincible pe-2s
wrong
>diving at 800kmh with no damage to aircraft
wrong
>literally wrong flight models
wrong
>'sim'
Yes.
>>
File: BuxkuDz.png.jpg (23KB, 480x397px) Image search: [Google]
BuxkuDz.png.jpg
23KB, 480x397px
>>163506338
So the Fw. 190's flight model has been correct the whole time?
>>
https://youtu.be/tsFtCgQW2pk

So this is the kind of tutorial I want, short, sweet, to the fucking point. I hate that DCS is full of these 30 minute long fucking videos that go into intensive detail over every little thing.
>>
File: 1479726285155.jpg (10KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1479726285155.jpg
10KB, 236x236px
Has anyone here played battleground europe?
>>
>>163506572

Nobody ever said that?

FW-190's flight model is unfinished. Its going to be released in March.
>>
>>163507176
>mfw I have that Frog statue.
>>
>>163506338
>t. Russian shill
>>
>>163508126
I thought 777 studio was Russian as well.
>>
>>163508126

If I'm a shill, what are you for spreading lies?
>>
File: 85980850.jpg (338KB, 1000x658px) Image search: [Google]
85980850.jpg
338KB, 1000x658px
You know what would be really good? If you just copy and pasted the squad system from project reality into DCS.

The reason we dont have anything good for gameplay is becos of autistic devs who want a janky sandbox game
>>
>>163508315
It is.

Kinda the point, guy.
>>
>>163508651
>I want a military grade sim to be more like a game

There's the door. Goodbye.>>163509095
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj8SJzA9aiQ

holy shit, rising storm 2 has joystick controlled cobras and proper gunner seats
>>
>>163509314
All games can be joystick controlled.
>>
>>163509163
>military grade sim
smuganimeface.png
>>
>>163509163
fuck off ralfidude
>>
dont ralfi his duuuuude
>>
>>163502274
I'm running an HP Elite L2201x. I should have gotten a 1440p monitor or something.

In regards to DCS, I will never play it. I refuse to continue attempting to play a game that I can't set up due to being a buggy piece of shit. It doesn't matter if I have a VR HMD and full HOTAS setup, DCS has never ceded to me.
>>
File: 3d_cross_eyed_17.jpg (254KB, 1600x896px) Image search: [Google]
3d_cross_eyed_17.jpg
254KB, 1600x896px
>>163510920
>>163504154
Hardly anything. The grand majority of the time, I played either Honey Select or fucking AltSpace. I hate AltSpace, and yet I go play it so I don't feel like I wasted $500 on an HMD.

I played W*r Th--, which was neat, but I have no crew to play sim mode with.

VR is neat, but you really need to get the software for it, and the cost of this software is higher than non-VR titles (with few sales, mostly weak ones). You can't even find torrents for most of the decent software.

I am very tight with my money (despite buying this paperweight), so this makes me not want to get anything. I just don't want to pay for games that I won't get to really enjoy in the first place. I don't buy any of the games because most of them don't have fucking demos, and worse off, I don't have anyone to play any of the games with (unless you count VR hentai women). Even if they do have demos, the games end up being so buggy or just don't even work. The Eli*Dang* combat demo hasn't worked for me (despite working in the past on my PC before a reformat), the Project Cars "Pagani Edition" has been crashing on me after racing for a while (perhaps remediable).

It doesn't help that I don't have motion controls, so I can't play the gimmick games. Why would I spend $200 to get controllers for something when I barely use it otherwise?

I can't even play older games in VR since I don't have a DirectX injector like VorpX that actually works (VireIO is impossible to use), and that costs something like $40, with no demo and limited game range in the first place.

I wish I could find someone nearby to take this whole thing off of my hands, $500 flat, done deal. Then I wouldn't feel like I wasted my time and money on something that only makes me feel more like an isolated loser.
>>
Whos the best pilot in /simg/ and why is it me ?
>>
>>163509095
I legitimately didn't remember.
>>
>>163509314
N E A T

Now I'm definitely buying it.
>>
Reminder that DCS babies are mad as fuck that IL-2 (the better game) is getting 3x more content at a fraction of the price and both games are headed by devs who care about the he game and community
>>
>>163512326
It's easy to develop content when you're only responsible for a tenth of the shit that DCS does.

I don't see why you're making the comparison, shitpostus maximus.
>>
File: 1546123514.jpg (30KB, 493x508px) Image search: [Google]
1546123514.jpg
30KB, 493x508px
>>163509423
Your mom can be joystick controlled if you know what i mean
>>
>>163512435
Does it matter thst dcs does more when it's fucking boring
>>
>>163494091
Given that spotting is a lot easier in IL-2, if you have something bound to zoom you should be okay with IFF.
>>
File: BF 110 G-2 Nr.3.jpg (45KB, 800x515px) Image search: [Google]
BF 110 G-2 Nr.3.jpg
45KB, 800x515px
>>163498810
oh my goodness
>>
project reality is the final fantasy 7 of shooting game
>>
>>163509314
>inb4 joystick controls are like arma where it's just virtual button inputs.
>>
>>163424718

MiG21 is not bugged, it's just proper systems modelling of no supplies and drunkard mechanics.
>>
File: 1469744229969.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1469744229969.png
123KB, 785x757px
Any propfags here?
>>
>>163516269
No we're off gang banging ur mum
>>
File: received_1278062018899210.jpg (11KB, 501x175px) Image search: [Google]
received_1278062018899210.jpg
11KB, 501x175px
>>
>>163517864
Can you tell her to keep it down? She's way too loud.
>>
>>163317437

only if you count turkey-shooting I-16s in 1941 as success. By 1943 high wing loading and superior allied designs were kicking the shit out of your planefu
>>
>>163313873

>Company make a poll for users to get an idea of what they might want, nothing more than data mining disguised as genuine concern for its own client desires and concern
>Act surprised when they only use the information they deem pertinent to their own plans ( aka make a profit)

They probably did it just to see if there was even a chance for players to buy it, a 1.59% chance of a profit is still higher than 0% with free content like sound effects or whatnot.
>>
File: 20161221141828_1.jpg (403KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161221141828_1.jpg
403KB, 1920x1080px
Why didn't anyone tell me the Fw-190 was all about boom and zoom? I was having a hard time turning into dudes and getting frustrated, and decided to fly it like it was the P-40 after a while, and suddenly victories started piling up
>>
File: 1458224613694.jpg (9KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1458224613694.jpg
9KB, 251x242px
>>163518640
>playing battle of war thundergrad
>>
>>163518683
>masturbating without using your middle finger on your prostate
>>
>>163518640
>not informing yourself about a plane before flying it
>>
>>163510996
Before you sell it off. Play House of the Dying Sun.
>>
>>163496408
Not true, it's always accurate.
>>
File: 20161221223208_1.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161221223208_1.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
I wish the P-40 had this thing's rate of climb

On that same note, however, I wish this thing could recover from a stall as easily as the P-40
>>
File: ustase.jpg (8KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
ustase.jpg
8KB, 184x184px
>>163518640
>he doesn't check the aircraft's data sheet before flying it
>>
>>163519167
Is the 190 A-3 worth it or would I be better off buying BoK and waiting for the a-5
>>
Guys! Give me your shekels!!
>>
>>163520789
Not him but I'd wait, the A5 release will coincide with the A3 FM revision anyway.
>>
>>163320697
>tfw you witness an anon be raped by his own hubris

really chuggles the very think
>>
File: 1426217369168.jpg (17KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1426217369168.jpg
17KB, 300x188px
How the fuck do i do shit in a high fidelity plane?
>fly plane
>have to use hand to click things in pit
Do i just have to become ambidextrous?
>>
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter23122016.html

>the return of good sales

I knew it'd happen eventually, but don't expect it to be common.
>>
>>163522557
I'm really torn on the Viggen, it looks cool but it might be a one trick pony and we use it like three times in ops before we go back to flagellating our frenulum on the... well we don't even play DCS anymore, so nothing really.
>>
>>163523006
Just wait then, you can probably get a similar discount to the preorder by using any bonus points you have when it's released proper.
>>
>>163520789
I got BoS SE on sale on Steam, the A3 and the Lagg came with it. The A3's fun, but I'd not waste $20 on it.The Lagg's a piece of hot garbage.
>>
DW ported to DCS when?
>>
>>163523368
You mean the La-5?

The LaGG is part of the base game.
>>
>>163518640
IL-2 1946 really fucked me up on the Fw-190.
though mostly in w*r th*nder although in my plea for clemency i'll note it was the sim mode meme.

In 1946 I racked up nearly all my kills in the 190 during a dynamic campaign, with an interim spat in the G6 (I think) seeing a huge drop in my effectiveness. Then in other titles I find that the situation is reversed and I'm a more effective 109 pilot.

Whether that's because the 109 really is the better machine for everything but JABO, or just a quirk of me being shit, i don't know.
>>
>>163521414
you bind important clicks to hotas and keyboard.
>>
>>163523651
>only clickable aircraft are worthy of /simg/s time
>bind everything to keys anyways so it flies like a WT plane
S A S U G A
>>
>>163518008
>beaten by a hornet
f-35 fags on suicide watch
>>
>>163523947
Congratulations, you just found out clickable pits are basically a meme.

It's only really useful when learning the aircraft.

For example, for me the ka-50 has almost everything bound to the keyboard, some off hand stuff that is barely used like extinguishers and radios frequencies isn't
>>
File: MiG-3.jpg (3MB, 6992x5048px) Image search: [Google]
MiG-3.jpg
3MB, 6992x5048px
Hold on best waifu coming through right here
>>
>>163524027
It was gonna happen wasn't it? The project was just asking for too much. I'll put money on it being cancelled within the coming year but what worries me is our previous PM scrapped the Harrier in anticipation of the Fuckup-35.
>>
Why is the Mi-8 module so underrated? Even has a working cabin heater for maximum cozy.
>>
>>163526207
that's just your GPU
>>
>>163526059
The harrier was canceled because it was an obsolete platform that had served it's time.

It wasn't retired because of the F-35.
>>
File: mig 3 cutaway.jpg (127KB, 1331x425px) Image search: [Google]
mig 3 cutaway.jpg
127KB, 1331x425px
>>163525803
>>
File: MiG-3 Pokryshkin.jpg (154KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
MiG-3 Pokryshkin.jpg
154KB, 900x636px
>>163529257
>>
>slavshit
>slavshit
>slavshit
>>
File: Bf-109 bulgaria.jpg (183KB, 1024x696px) Image search: [Google]
Bf-109 bulgaria.jpg
183KB, 1024x696px
>>163530980
ok
>>
File: 1462056478628.jpg (632KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1462056478628.jpg
632KB, 2048x1365px
>>163525803
>>163529257
Damn on the edge of buying BoM just for that sexy beast but damn idk.
>>
>>163518008
Trump is a fucking idiot

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5jtocu/trump_asks_boeing_for_f18_pitch_citing_tremendous/dbixlo6/?context=3
>>
>>163532259
>trump is an idiot
>reddit
You are the idiot anon
>>
File: MiG-3 Interceptor.jpg (318KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
MiG-3 Interceptor.jpg
318KB, 1200x900px
>>163531864
Allow me to convince you further
>>
File: MiG-3 Moskva.jpg (347KB, 1313x900px) Image search: [Google]
MiG-3 Moskva.jpg
347KB, 1313x900px
>>163531864
>>
File: 1473758547423.jpg (36KB, 761x563px) Image search: [Google]
1473758547423.jpg
36KB, 761x563px
>>163532649
>can't actually fly over the city
>>
File: MiG-3 PVO.jpg (306KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MiG-3 PVO.jpg
306KB, 1920x1200px
>>163531864
get it f a m
>>
File: 2137.jpg (189KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
2137.jpg
189KB, 900x600px
The biggest of nigs
>>
https://youtu.be/lfWhEFy6bIs

MiG is god
>>
>>163510996
Honestly anon without touch the only games worth playing on VR are sit down simulators. Trust me anon touch makes VR a whole new experience. I understand if you can't afford it though, shit is expensive.
>>
File: received_1194981807255970.jpg (209KB, 2048x1478px) Image search: [Google]
received_1194981807255970.jpg
209KB, 2048x1478px
>>163536063

MiG-31 is such a cool aircraft.
>>
File: 1475383109877.jpg (168KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1475383109877.jpg
168KB, 604x604px
>he bought into the VR meme

im still laffin
>>
Is Barway's Texture Pack or the new Barthek's 7.0 better? I have Barway's but I know it uses 6.5. Is 7.0 that big of an improvement?
>>
Is it worth it to buy Assetto Corsa? I have lots of fun drifting around with the pirated version but I wanna play online as well. Is it required to buy the DLCs to play online? Are modded cars usable online?

I'm afraid I buy it and find only empty server.
>>
>>163538925
There are plenty of servers that use just vanilla content.
>>
>>163538925
>Is it required to buy the DLCs to play online?
Yes. This is Assetto Corsa's Achilles heel. It's not like DCS where you can play on servers alongside cars you don't own. If you don't have ALL the content that a server is running, then you can't join it. This completely fucking kills AC's multiplayer and fragments it to all hell. If you want maximum compatability with servers you need to own all the DLC, as pretty much nobody runs just some DLC.

Modded cars are usable online, but the same rules apply. Everybody joining the server needs to have those exact same modded cars (and tracks) installed on their computer to join.

That being said, AC is still the most populated of all the racing sims out there other than iRacing when it comes to pick up and play MP.

Project CARS, for all its countless faults and practically never actually working correctly, does this right. In PCARS you can join any server, even if they have content you don't own. If it's a track you don't have, you can still play on it. If it's a whole car class that you don't own any cars from, they give you a free car from the class to drive around in. I have a shit ton of problems with PCARS, but that's the one aspect of the game that I think is worth commendation and an example for how everybody else should do it. It keeps the MP community together and prevents the fragmentation into oblivion of an already tiny community.
>>
>>163532259
you know trannies can fly super hornets right?
>>
>>163539380
That said, this is still true. There's vanilla servers out there, but DLC is kind of an all or nothing proposition. I noticed once I started falling behind in buying the DLC, the list of available servers was cut dramatically.
>>
>>163539380
>>163539392
Thanks a lot. I might go with the DLCs then. It's cheaper now anyway.
>>
File: 1381209407489.jpg (18KB, 267x295px) Image search: [Google]
1381209407489.jpg
18KB, 267x295px
>tfw just uninstalled 160+ GB FSX install
>>
I'm going home for the christmas break. What do I do if I want to play DCS on a different PC??

Do i have to unbind every key from this computer, and then bind them on the other computer?
>>
>>163540464
Couldn't you just save a text/config file and then USB it or download from some dropbox or e-mail attachment?

cmon my man
>>
>>163540727

Thats exactly what I'm doing.

What I'm asking is, do I have to unbind the keys from my current PC before trying to install them on the one at home.
>>
>>163540898
why the hell would you have to do that?
>>
File: 1468186959883-0.jpg (54KB, 671x668px) Image search: [Google]
1468186959883-0.jpg
54KB, 671x668px
>>163540464
>>163540898
hahaha what a retard
>>
File: 1460041575738.jpg (89KB, 706x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460041575738.jpg
89KB, 706x960px
I don't even know anymore...
>>
>ED swore they'd never exceed 40% in sales
>Hawk and CA get 60% because no one else will buy that trash otherwise
>>
wargame red dragon worth 12 bucks?
>>
>WAT bullies his little brother episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92wimOJYOOo&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>163543578
wanna play?
let's bring back /wgg/
>>
>>163541561
>>163541685

Because last time I was home there was conflicts between my dads account and mine and it wouldn't let me play online because the keys were invalid for some reason.
>>
File: 45211370.png (278KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
45211370.png
278KB, 675x450px
>>163543714
>his dad plays flightsims
>>
>>163543934
>his dad isn't a fighter pilot
>>
File: 1481350564294.jpg (55KB, 749x747px) Image search: [Google]
1481350564294.jpg
55KB, 749x747px
>>163543934
>his dad never loved him
>so he shitposts anime on a basket weaving forum from thailand
>>
File: 1441080993562.jpg (54KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
1441080993562.jpg
54KB, 600x451px
>>163543934
>ywn play flightsims with your dad
>dad doesn't even care or know you still exist
>>
>>163544209
Stop posting pictures of tony
>>
File: 1482111241168.png (412KB, 480x364px) Image search: [Google]
1482111241168.png
412KB, 480x364px
>>163544252
>>
File: Tony.jpg (36KB, 635x349px) Image search: [Google]
Tony.jpg
36KB, 635x349px
>>163544252
>>
>>163543934

Yeah.

He bought me TrackIR as a present last year after he bought one for him self and fell in love with it.

He's been playing forever. We used to play Co-op Su-27 missions in LOMAC. He got like 40 fucking missions into the Georgian Oil campaign in the SU-25 lmao
>>
File: migmerge.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
migmerge.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>merge with 2 F-5s
>cheeky breeki gun one
>run away at mach 1.5 with 4 F-5s on my six
>>
>>163544691
cool father man
my dad would love to play flight sims but his eye sight isn't the best :(
>>
>>163544232
>tfw no dad
>>
File: 1454017745989.jpg (204KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1454017745989.jpg
204KB, 1280x1024px
>>163544962
my dad bought me Su-27 Flanker and A10 Cuba when I was a babby. damn gotta thank him for introducing me to this genre.
>>
Does your track IR profile save anywhere? I can't find it in the folders
>>
>>163545089
are you black?
>>
>>163546175
No
>>
>>163484034
REMOVE BURGER
>>
File: 1482185911884.jpg (106KB, 724x717px) Image search: [Google]
1482185911884.jpg
106KB, 724x717px
We need to get rid of all the unironic slavboos.
Those guys are literal retards holding back nato ops.
>>
>>163550454
This 2bh
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 268x188px
>>163550454
>nato ops
When they learn to win wars, I'm sure there will be more games made for them
>>
File: 7542654275624762.png (49KB, 358x316px) Image search: [Google]
7542654275624762.png
49KB, 358x316px
>>163544232
>tfw my dad used to lie to me as a kid when i asked him to play playstation with me and he pretended he had a condition which made him not able to see what was on a screen so he could go gamble
>>
File: hueymain_4.jpg (44KB, 560x380px) Image search: [Google]
hueymain_4.jpg
44KB, 560x380px
>>163544232
My Dad bought me my first flight sim, Janes WW2 Fighters. I didn't even ask for it, he just showed up with it one day after he bought our first real computer.

He was a Huey pilot in the 1st Air Cav, flew a tour in 69. DCS UH-1 blew his fucking mind. He's too old to actually play, and cant really use his legs for the rudder pedals, but he likes watching me start it up. Sometimes he'll try and grab the controls and reach for a button that isn't there. Im like "Dad, these controllers aren't replicas, man, I've got the engine ingition button mapped over here"
>>
>>163550454

There isn't a single plane I won't fly an ops, slavboo or not.
>>
>>163554178
My grandfather is in the same boat. He was in 1st Air Cav from 65-66, first guys in. He was the crew chief of a UH-1D, and I want to get him into VR on the thing, but I'm afraid it'd trigger him. Apparently he sleep-talks about killing charlie, so...
>>
>>163334926
OwO
ooh what is this?
>>
>>163554178
>>163554396
Jesus how old are you guys? My dads only experience with war is playing halo with me.
>>
>>163556171
Uh....my grandfather was in vietnam. Re-read.
>>
NEW BREAD:
>>163557459
>>163557459
>>163557459
>>163557459
>>
>>163543578
>>163543676

Hell yeah, that shit is lit.
Thread posts: 744
Thread images: 218

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.