[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/scg/edg/ - Elite Star Dangerous Citizen Episode #98: Legends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 755
Thread images: 129

File: VanduulBlade-I-Think.png (341KB, 854x461px) Image search: [Google]
VanduulBlade-I-Think.png
341KB, 854x461px
Star Citizen information:
http://pastebin.com/NhBwT5Zk
>Jump point and SubArt megapack
https://mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw

>what's new
tons of shit, check RSI

>Latest ATV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rcWkqliP6A&t=0s [Embed] [Embed] [Embed][Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
>RTV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnPrz48kB78 [Embed] [Embed] [Embed][Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
>Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhJ_mqKHywQ [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
>Referral code randomizer:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/htmlview
>Citizencon Demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI [Embed] [Embed] [Embed][Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0 [Embed] [Embed] [Embed][Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
>Star Marine Demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW-f4ourFEc [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
http://www.gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
first for Reliant
>>
>>161482553
You did that on purpose, didn't you?
>>
>[Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed][Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

kys OP
>>
Third for Caterpillar
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqSmR4iCku4
>>
xth for help us find the new 17 Draconis, you have nothing better to do in Elite.

====================================================
Finding a new system to stack massacre missions in

Potential Candidates
Permalink to eddb.io search:
https://eddb.io/system?u=1&y=0&z=3&r=9924&t=64

Select Empire or Federation if you have a personal preference which one we find next
Change reference system if you aren't near Ix to see what's closer to you

Checklist
[] System State: Civil War
[] A station controlled by Faction A who is giving missions to massacre Faction B ships
[] Faction A has high influence and affiliated with a Superpower
[] A non-station (no services listed) planetary outpost controlled by Faction B that spawns skimmers
[] Station and outpost aren't stupid distances from each other

Locating suitable outposts
You don't need a surface scanner, just use your system map to look for planetary outposts and check what Faction they belong to (make sure they're not a station you dock at, any station you can dock at will have its services listed so if it doesn't have any its an outpost). If it belongs to the target faction fly over and see if it spawns skimmers, congrats you found a place, if it doesn't RIP.
Also if you don't get the full System Data for the map when you reach the system scan the nav beacon or buy it through the galaxy map when you get to the system and dock at a station.

Someone go check out SYNUEFAI LC-C B46-1

It's way out in the middle of nowhere, like 17 Draconis, and meets the initial search criteria (Civil War, at least 1 station), but it's not near any other candidate, so someone needs to go do that and only that. I'm preoccupied with pic related at the moment.
>>
>>161482935
>Both sides have points
>Both sides are right

This guy is a faggot.
>>
>>161483051

>not being an absolutist is being a faggot

Stop being a faggot
>>
>>161482960
>SYNUEFAI LC-C B46-1
It's 350LY from me, I'll head there once I'm done with this data run.
>>
[Embed] confirmed for post launch vg org
(current ones obviously don't count)
>>
File: 1480408527461.png (502KB, 867x784px) Image search: [Google]
1480408527461.png
502KB, 867x784px
Reminder that we got lucky with our current funding model..
>>
>>161483148
>T-the people cheating have a point guys!

Kill yourself. In real life. You're probably the uploader of that faggot video. What's it like being a horse cocksucker?
>>
>>161483157
Awesome, thanks.

Use this link to find the next ones closest to you on your way back if you don't find anything:
https://eddb.io/system?u=1&y=0&z=3&r=9924&t=64
>>
Combat logging is why I haven't tried Elite
No excuse for it
>>
>>161483247
>being this buttmad that people don't want to rebuy because some ebin memelord in his FDL decided to cost them money for no reason
Kids who start fights and then combat log when they lose should be literally crucified though.
>>
>>161483247

I didn't even watch the vid, I'm just pointing out you're being an unreasonable, childish faggot.
>>
>>161483387
>>161483157
Woops, wrong link. This is for that system:

https://eddb.io/system?u=1&y=0&z=3&r=70628&t=64
>>
>>161483392
It doesnt even matter, the fact you have 1 account for both solo and online ruins the game anyway

And thats ignoring all the other shit wrong with it
>>
>>161483418
>>161483456
>Cheating is okay guys!

This is why I quit ED. Because you lot are literally cucks. I've never seen a community of a game before defend cheating. Never once in two decades
>>
>>161483582
the game has basically no consequences for being a rampant murderer
If it had a global criminal flag system, or enormous bounties for player murderers you'd have a point, but in elite lots of kiddies go around in corvettes killing any player they meet for no reason because nothing will stop them.
>>
>>161483582

>le epic cuck meme

How's that inferiority complex treatin' ya bud?
>>
More 2.6 leaks plz.
>>
>>161483741
>>161483742
So then move to solo, or private. Do not ever fucking condone cheating you pieces of shit.
>>
>>161482676
>>161482702
Ha, I didn't even have to do it, someone else did it for me.
>>
>>161483930
>I want less players in open
>open should just be people in fully engineer modified combat FDLs and corvettes (that they grinded up to in solo, to be safe!) having a pvp circle jerk
This kills the game
>>
>>161484072
You're still condoning cheating. You're not offering any suggestions like ramping up punishments. This is why ED players are faggots. I'll fucking take that PvP slider nigger over you fucks any day of the week.
>>
>>161483930

I ain't condoning shit, I'm telling you not to be such a "REEEE" pepe meme embodiment of a human being.
Chill the fuck out. Stop being so fuckin' furious about life.
>>
>>161482935
This guy is retarded and his arguments are baseless

The only reason this is an issue is because Frontier absolutely fucking refuse to make piracy a real profession, which in turn means people who want to PvP cant be pirates, they have to be marauders, blowing up ships because they want to PvP but doing it for no reason other than kills because they dont have the mechanics in place to be effective pirates in attacking, disabling, and looting a ship without destroying it. Which pisses off everyone, pirates are not happy because they cant be pirates and traders are not happy because the only reason they got blown up was someone being a dick rather than someone doing it because they are a pirate.

What pisses me off the most is that ED could fix this with some super fucking simple tweaks. Let people put insurance on any cargo so if they do get looted by pirates, its not a big cost issue. Give pirates a way to actually stop ships and deliver an ultimatum which the pilot either agrees to dropping their loot or denies being forced to fight/flight/die and make it so doing trade runs into dangerous player pirate filled areas pays out more to justify the risk.

But noooo, fucking Braben has to live in the 90s and never put in any features to fucking fix the game

God fucking dammit I am so fucking salty I backed ED. If I could get a refund I would spend that money on SC in a heart beat and even if SC never got made still not feel as ripped off as I do now over ED.
>>
>>161484226
I did right fucking there >>161483741
And it's not like you have any idea either, you're just saying lol deal with it when the problem is that it is so easy to be a murderer, and there's very little defense for the carebears. It's not like people are complaining about pvp pirates, all two of them, it's about people who want them dead for no reason because lmao hardcore pvp. >I point the nose at guy and he goes boom and cries XDDD look mom I killed him
>>
>>161484612
>It's so easy to be a murderer

And it's so easy to avoid murderers. High wake, solo, private, or wing up. The tools are there already, you just refuse to use them because you have to have everybody play your way or it's the fucking highway. As evident by the

>pvp circle jerk

comment. This is coming from someone who didn't Pvp much at all.
>>
>>161484612
>there's very little defense for the carebears
Gee apart from the fact its next to impossible to catch or stop traders getting around, they can get into tough combat ships or group up with protection who even get their own magical damn income from trades.
>>
>>161484441
This would be good, and while we're at it we should add to bounty hunting. Have a bounty board, with a list of randomly generated high value NPC bounties, showing what crimes they're wanted for, along with a "last seen at x, flying ship y" tag, and players can get put on it as well, having their location tag updated whenever they're scanned by the fuzz or land at a non-anarchy station. Maybe have separate boards for each superpower so the dads don't cry.
Maybe have it so if you've built up enough murders, you can't rebuy and lose your ship (because who's going to insure the serial killer? muh immersion!)

>>161485183
>lmao just go solo
this
kills
the
game
why do you retards say this? Why do you want fewer people playing? I'm not even a combat logger or a carebear, I'm always up for a fight if someone wants to bring it. But the fact is that childish name calling is going to stop precisely nobody from combat logging, you have to fix the game. And Frontier doesn't punish combat logging because they themselves realize that a lot of it is because tools for crime and punishment don't really exist, and a lot of people combat log because they don't feel like it's fair when somebody in an FDL with modified weapons that melt you in 5 seconds before you even have a chance to high wake decides to blow up their type 9 full of millions and millions of credits worth of cargo, for the lulz.
>>
>>161485673
>Why do you want fewer people playing

I really don't give a shit if it kills the game or not. The first comment I made in this chain was that I quit because of the shitty community and Frontier's retarded development of course, the point is that there are tools for you to use already, but again, you all refuse and instead demand everyone play how you say.
>>
>>161485837
I'm talking about fixing the problems that have resulted in a situation where frontier does not feel comfortable banning combat loggers, or making it so combat logging doesn't save your ship. They know they can't do it because they'd lose a ton of players because griefing for no reason has no in game counter besides fighting them off, which means just abandoning whatever playstyle you had before and flying in a combat ship, or running away which isn't always possible
>>
>>161483483
I found a system, but neither station has a shipyard, so no way to transfer a ship or buy one for suicide runs. Also, neither of the Factions are the controlling faction for the station giving the mission.

I think this is a no-go but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Even if it works, no way I'm doing them in my fucking Asp. I'm going to double check that I can't bring another ship here at the other station real quick, then I'm jumping to the next system.

It's SYNUEFE RT-T C20-7 for anyone interested.
>>
>>161486848
STAY AWAY FROM SYNUEFE RT-T C20-7 AND ADITI REEE THEY'LL GET NERFED NEXT, THERE'S ALREADY A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WHO KNOW ABOUT THEM
>>
>>161483769
Air shields are now a glowy blue energy field instead of literally fucking nothing. So far thats only in SM though, I don't know if they'll add them to ships at some points.
>>
>>161487182
Found it on my own.

Skimmer's aren't spawning, so what's the deal? All those SRV scanning missions I saw?
>>
>>161485837
>refuse and instead demand everyone play how you say

isn't that what you're doing right now?
>>
>>161487513
yeah, the scanning mission payouts are around a million, and they stack. Every scanning mission to the same system pops when you scan one data panel. All those data delivery missions to the next system over are free imperial ranks too, you'll rank up once every few hours.
>>
>all this time post ED release
>the whole game is still nothing but 'which exploits do we do this week'
I remember abusing my first 'gameplay' in ED too, back when you could buy and sell items at the founders world for the 10% profit

What a truly shit game
>>
>>161487753
I was just searching and yeah a bunch of people already know about this. I wouldn't worry about me finding it. I'm trying to find a new 17 Draconis - primary goal is credit grind, rank grind to go with it is nice but secondary for me.

Don't worry, I'll leave it alone, although it was posted on sectionseven way back in February, and on frontier forums back in August, so I think the secret is out.

>>161487835
I don't even really need the credits at this point, I'm over 1bil, but could always use more and might eventually want a corvette. Finding something that will piss off forumdads is my new metagame.
>>
>>161487835
The closest thing to actual gameplay is getting engineering done (even that's a tremendous grind since it's RNG whether you get a good mod or a shit one)
Credits are just a pointless, obnoxiously slow grind and basically nobody is going to defend getting credits legitimately except the ultradads.
>>
>>161487547
You're not forced to use open, you're not forced to interact with the PvPers beyond your control.
>>
>>161488013
I think aditi and the other one are safe, the exceptional missions there are caused by the unique circumstance of being two systems in close proximity populated by all the same factions, hundreds of lightyears away from anything else
>>
I do trade runs on open.

I wish I'd run into other players and have cool fights, but I never find any.

Carebears staying away from open are major wusses; I've been interdicted by a player once in 237 hours of flight time - all of it on open.
>>
>>161488184
So, if a shipyard is a requirement for what I'm doing, I should completely ignore planetary stations right? Aren't there only like two planetary stations with shipyards in the entire game?
>>
>>161488030
Credits are the gate.

If everybody had access to FDL's and Imperial Clippers off the bat then owning them wouldn't be an achievement.
>>
>>161488587
>>161488184
Disregard, I still want to search them in case there's a shipyard at a nearby system.
>>
>>161488587
the really big planetary stations have shipyards. In fact fabian enterprises in aditi has one if I remember correctly, it's one of those round city bases.
Of course the selection of ships and modules in the whole region is garbage, you can get sidewinders but I'm not sure they even have dumbfire missiles
>>
>>161488587
Synuefai LC-C b46-1 is a burst. Only one settlement and it's dockable.
>>
>>161488774
That's ok as along as I can transfer a ship.
>>
File: 1351452698321.png (96KB, 237x263px) Image search: [Google]
1351452698321.png
96KB, 237x263px
>>161488091
His point is that it's ignoring the fundamental problem with the game in favor of "you don't have to play that way so what's the problem?"

The problem is that the game shouldn't be fundamentally built with those issues front and center and the solution shouldn't be "just don't play then." Why do you think so many people are so eager to jump ship to Star Citizen given half the chance? They're creating the systems to make player interaction meaningful instead of superfluous at best, malicious as the standard.
>>
>>161488861
But so far all they have to show for it is a jumped up tech demo and a big pile of money.

Jumping off a sparsely furnished ship onto a leaky swan pedalo, to extend your metaphor.
>>
>>161489043
A leaky swan pedalo implies a finished product with major problems instead of the drydock with a barely functional, still under construction cruise ship that Star Citizen is.
>>
>>161488861
And those fundamental problems will never be fixed, short of removing the ability to Pvp entirely. Even then, combat loggers will still combat log, so it's pointless. May as well let them run wild until the game dies.
>>
>>161489302
shit we've got a frontier dev in the thread
>>
File: 2523452345132.jpg (4MB, 6875x3692px) Image search: [Google]
2523452345132.jpg
4MB, 6875x3692px
There isnt some convenient image of all the SC ships is there? Like a single .jpg with everything on it?

Pic sort of related but wrong game and not complete
>>
>>161489715
>P2p netcode
>One faggot combat logs
>The other disconnects because of shitty outback internet
>Lol, we can't tell the difference, so we're going to ignore the problem
>>
File: Ship Scale Map with Prowler.png (805KB, 2891x9978px) Image search: [Google]
Ship Scale Map with Prowler.png
805KB, 2891x9978px
>>161489809
Well, there're pictures of every ship with a holoviewer model. But there's no full list.
>>
>>161489951
Close enough I guess, thanks anon
>>
>>161489283
Pardon me - half-finished leaky swan pedalo.
>>
>>161488091
m8, you realize gankers are forcing players to play their way or gtfo, right?

and since your original argument was about cheating, i would consider combat logging an exploit, the same way ganking exploits the game not having any repercussions for random killings

if one gets fixed, the other better get fixed as well
>>
>>161490174
>Ganking, literally multiple ships setting up an ambush
>An in game action approved by Frontier
>This is an exploit

I have quickly lost respect for anyone that plays this game still.
>>
>>161487398
Noice.
Did they improve the glass in SM at all? (thicker? better breaking meshes?)
>>
>>161490860
so you would prefer players in giant ships camping outside starting zones and killing new players for no reason?

>y-you don't have to play that way!
>j-just go offline!
>m-muh kdr!
lol, you're a joke, m8
>>
>>161491658
Go to solo or private. You're not forced to use open. Or maybe you faggots can start policing the game universe, after all you're so proud of the allegedly emergent gameplay the game has.

>He still thinks that players setting up ambushes is an exploit

Fucking brainless monkeys still populating that game.
>>
Could you guys post a screenshot of what is in 2.6 (Hud, Star Marine(Or blocked off star Marine), New menu UI) ?
>>
Apay 3 winnnnnnnn
Pay win
Pay wrrrn
Pawin
Paaaaaaaa
Wuuuu <uu

Pw

Pppw

Pauwon
Pay yes
Paylor swift
Paywin
P]ppp

Sent from my Galaxy Note 7
>>
>>161493332
Nice singles my man
>>
>>161493332
>not a single instance of pay 2 win
You may have wanted aggro, but you only got agree
+1
>>
>>161493210
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O75xZj5CPOM
>>
File: J3I5IZk small.jpg (2MB, 3865x2796px) Image search: [Google]
J3I5IZk small.jpg
2MB, 3865x2796px
>>161489809
There's a bigger version of this one
>>
^ We have this already, we need new screenshots and info. ESPECIALLY ON THE TOPIC OF STAR MARINE
>>
>>161493903
CIG is getting desperate, uploading fake issue reports with pre-rendered 60fps video. 2 Weeks ELE, 90 days tops.
t. Doctor S
>>
What's the point in reputation with a superpower?
I get rank, but what of reputation?
>>
>>161493017
>j-just go offline
see, you keep saying it. forcing playstyles on others. instead of dickwaving at players who can't defend themselves, why not try your hand at legit pvp? oh right, you are shit at the game and picking off noobs even scrubbier than yourself is the only way you can win

i don't even play elite, but seeing people like you get upset at combat logging because you couldn't get your free kill makes my peenus weenus hard
>>
>>161494403
>Seeing people like you

Jokes on you faggot, I was primarily a smuggler and only ever engaged in PvP with friends.

>Forcing playstyles

Going into Solo or private isn't forcing a playstyle.
>>
>>161494491
telling someone to play alone or only with their small group of friends is indeed forcing a playstyle
>>
>>161494826
Forcing a playstyle is making someone play how they do not wish to, ie: what frontier has done with many of the engineers. A person being told to hop from one server to another is not forcing them to play how they do not wish to. Besides, there's no difference between making them play alone in solo or alone in open, the game is dead either way:^)
>>
File: 1451706098386.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451706098386.gif
2MB, 640x480px
Autistic ED fags get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>161494104
dude just chill it'll be out ina week or two, any evoanons who post shit here risk getting punted if anything leads back to them.
>>
>>161493332
>Apay 3 winnnnnnnn
>Pay win
>Pay wrrrn
>Pawin
>Paaaaaaaa
>Wuuuu <uu
>Pw
>Pppw
>Pauwon
>Pay yes
>Paylor swift
>Paywin
>P]ppp
>Sent from my Galaxy Note 7

Can you please never post again?
>>
>>161495013
so telling a person who enjoys social aspects of mmos to play offline isn't forcing a playstyle?
>>
>>161495513
>Enjoys social aspects
>Pvp is a social interaction

Hmm.
>>
>>161495513
EVE manages.
>>
>>161483225
nah, we got some extremely high quality ship models to drool over, and a very long list of dream-game features to wait on with crossed fingers

idk why anyone backed before hangar and PU were playable but thank god for old star wars faggots with 6 kids and alot of disposable income
>>
>>161495845
Because $40 wasn't that much.
And that's still my pledge, and forever will be.
>>
>>161494293

>"""""doctor"""""
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFJHcFsvFmc
>>
>>161496265
>""""smart"""""
>>
>>161495658
lol, i kind of set myself up for that one. i'm talking about the type of pvp that's based on factions or bounty hunting, not killing someone who just left their first station, or the person just wandering space carrying nothing valuable. like what motives would you have for killing that person, other than stroking your epeen?
>>
File: 1478672972920.gif (469KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
1478672972920.gif
469KB, 480x228px
>>161496316

>everytime.

Also, please stop obfuscating my furthermores.
>>
>>161496265
>>161496316
If you say his name 3 times while facing a mirror....
He releases a new patch for LoD and makes a nice blog post about it on twatter
>>
File: 1437208895067.jpg (1MB, 2616x2626px) Image search: [Google]
1437208895067.jpg
1MB, 2616x2626px
>>161497036
>He releases a new patch for LoD and makes a nice blog post about it on twatter

Oh, really? When is League of Duplicity coming back to Steam? I've never seen someone rage quit a publishing platform outside of Twitter.
>>
File: 1478600945202.gif (808KB, 225x249px) Image search: [Google]
1478600945202.gif
808KB, 225x249px
>>161497036

I honestly wonder how history will remember that poor nigger. Must be hell being Derek Smart.
>>
>>161497871
it won't
>>
>>161498092
Cold.
But true.
>>
File: 1474172366130.png (791KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474172366130.png
791KB, 900x720px
>>161497871
>>161498092
>>161498169

Honesty? Before the whole Chris Roberts - Derek Smart - Star Citizen meltdown I had all but forgotten about the man. I feel like Derek blew up just to keep himself relevant in the modern age and to help his game get some free marketing. He's got a place in gaming history already, but consider how niche the gaming scene is I doubt he's as famous as he thinks he is.
>>
I can't wait to have ED's shitty mission system in SC!
>>
i missed nearly everything from their anniversary. they said they had an image of tevarians, did they ever show it?
>>
>>161499940

They showed images over twitter of what their heads look like and their body armor.
>>
>>161500123

ah, i've seen the armor images, looks kinda like a warframe, i don't mind
>>
Any Evocati news? How's Star Marine?
>>
File: Tevarin-Heads.jpg (1017KB, 3238x1258px) Image search: [Google]
Tevarin-Heads.jpg
1017KB, 3238x1258px
>>161500282
Found a picture of the heads CIG posted as well. Wonder how they are going to animate them? It's not like you can mocap some birds talking.
>>
>>161500970
mocap them chirping
>>
>>161500970
reminds me of Garrus
>>
>>161501234
My first thought too. Quarians were bird-like as well.
>>
File: Eric The Legend.gif (2MB, 360x620px) Image search: [Google]
Eric The Legend.gif
2MB, 360x620px
>>161501127

I can see it now: some Tevarin named Eric in a bar squawking about how much of a legend he is for bashing up some Vanduul that day.
>>
>>161501518
>SC dev: we were inspired by cockatoos to animate the tevarin
>tevarin goes into a rant and picks several UEE marines to death
>>
>>161500970
those mouths are absolutely fucking terrifying
>>
File: 1480380549111.png (341KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1480380549111.png
341KB, 900x900px
>>161497834
>that image

I've seen that somewhere else before, but it had a different logo
>>
File: 1475952701401.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1475952701401.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
You are all really naive if you believe the 3.0 demo was real

All they did is bolt together a basic FPS gameplay like any other with a buggy ED-like space sim, any crap would look good with CryEngine, they're even already reusing their assets with space wrecks of ship they already made plus some tools to procedurally fake fancy looking planet just to make the demo cheaper.
Copypaste some hover bike and boom instant hype ! Gotta make everybody wet at the idea of playing STARWAR !
The ship didn't even actually travel between planets, they have to phase out the physics during the trip just to keep all the planets working on the same map and not kill their high-end PC.
The rest is barely worth commenting, hastily put together libertarian base with some lore status, you can see that in any Fallout or Skyrim

You are really stupid if you don't get it.
>>
Pls leave Derek, if you want to talk we can talk on your discord.
>>
So, what do you think of the new flight model?
>>
>>161500970

>tfw you will never flirt with a qt tevarin girl whose feathers get more and more fluffed up the more embarrassed she gets
>>
>cig in charge of build security

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5fscye/looks_like_anybody_can_download_the_26_build_and/
>>
File: 1480223688229.webm (698KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1480223688229.webm
698KB, 426x426px
>>161504146
>The demo was a demo!
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>161504146
what gave you the impression anyone in the SC community thought that was real gameplay and not a guy plugging event queues into a console on the same instance

they literally spawned events twice on top of eachother, forcing the worm to be spawned late, the guy panicked and opened console on the fucking demo screen, and the remaining 2 minutes is a clusterfuck caused by the first 2 minutes of it. you'd have to have skipped most of the demo to believe otherwise.

gamescom was much less manual event queued and involved believable gameplay and is a more accurate representation of 3.0 features.

only things you need to take from the V2 demo that's relevant to 3.0 are item 2.0, planet tech got prettier, and connie aquila.
>>
>>161504437
>getting a blowski from a bird beak
Horrifying.
>>
>>161505191
>A guy plugging event queues into a console on the same instance

That's still gameplay though.
>>
>>161504610

It's just offline shit. You can't actually play online, unfortunately.
>>
>>161505554

Latency is going to be such a problem I won't be able to play it anyway.
>>
>City called Firenze in Italy
>amerilards found cities in New Jersey, South Carolina, Kentucky, Indiana, Alabama, Arizona, all called Florence
>mfw Florence is just English for Firenze
>Firenze to Firenze to Firenze to Firenze to Firenze to Firenze to Firenze trading run
I'm so confused, my little brain is hurtin' anons
>>
>>161506194

Terra to Terra is a legitimate trade route in Star Citizen.
>>
>>161506527
What a retarded choice.
>>
>>161506194
>Random places have the same names

You're simple, aren'tcha?
>>
>>161505385
the difference is that none of the events involving the AI on dragonflies or the dune worm were in any way reacting automatically to the player or the events in the game. the sand storm wasnt moving on it's own.

it's the difference between spawning a michael bay explosion as an animated object at a location, and the player firing a missile at said location to cause the explosion.
>>
>>161506527
But it's not, unless you're a retard who insists on calling Earth Terra just like my satirical retard post where I insisted on calling multiple cities called Florence Firenze.
>>
>>161507171
I don't understand what the issue is though. They're just events being triggered. The trigger in this case was a human so they could be a bit more in control of what was happening, to show off elements that they developed. Imagine if they weren't in control of the triggers, shooting one of the sand dudes starts a trigger, but the player was preoccupied too long. So he ends up missing a portion of the sandstorm developing, etc.
>>
File: 1476078485548.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476078485548.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>161505191 >>161505146 >>161504335
Fuck, look like I wasn't subtle enough
I'm the guy who wrote >>161504146 and I tried to word the bout so it only look like a criticism if you read it superficially. Any of the stuff said in don't actually hint at a lack of quality.
It was supposed to make you smirk smug.

Even as a demo Star Citizen already match many FPS, already pull its weight as a Space Sim, make awesome space wreck out of ship you can fly with & walk in, offer magnificent handcrafted city-base on Procedurally generated planet, and have a gameplay varied enough to mimic movies like Starwar or Dune.
And finally no one give a fuck about no physics during warp since it still result in us flying from planet to planet with no transition.

I wish I remembered to add the "just queued events" meme (>>161505191)
I mean...what respectable game have all their "gameplay" made of triggered events like large scale storm, contrived engine failure, linear quest and other laser guided apparition of enemy and betrayal from npc ?
answer : fucking all of them, it's the basics of video game design.
The last Town's Hall even hint that CiG is trying to innovate again with missions that self-generate adding up to 3 unforeseen events, rather than spam fetch&kill missions.
Stuff that is not really new but that I have only seen in minimalist Indygame as their main feature
>>
File: (you).jpg (132KB, 1649x931px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
132KB, 1649x931px
>>161507972
>I was just pretending to be retarded.
>>
Would pledging to a federation power help me rank my fed status faster than doing it alone?
I want a federal gunship
>>
>>161508581
No.
>>
>>161508275
> I'm too retarded to understand why
>>
>>161508681
>>161508581
Since we are on the topic, how much longer does it take to rank up to 12 once you hit the gunship?
Because I got to ensign just now.
>>
>>161508879
Maybe 48 hours or 72 hours with consistent donation missions.
>>
>>161508730
>I'm so fucking witty haha.
>>
>>161508970
I've been doing data delivery all this time, too poor for donations. Started 5 days ago.
>>
File: TaxusBaccata.jpg (44KB, 240x386px) Image search: [Google]
TaxusBaccata.jpg
44KB, 240x386px
>>161508275
>>
File: dsgotobed.webm (2MB, 1066x600px) Image search: [Google]
dsgotobed.webm
2MB, 1066x600px
http://imgur.com/Og8f5nz
>>
File: dsVERYbitter.jpg (49KB, 1176x1176px) Image search: [Google]
dsVERYbitter.jpg
49KB, 1176x1176px
>>161510613
I just noticed holy shit look at the radar there are like 11 other players.

6v6? So it cant be from livestream.
>>
File: old man thumbs up.jpg (1MB, 5054x3370px) Image search: [Google]
old man thumbs up.jpg
1MB, 5054x3370px
>>161509937
>yew
Alright that's good.
>>
>>161504610
[removed]
>>
File: XCTq21I.jpg (372KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
XCTq21I.jpg
372KB, 1803x1351px
>>161507972
I understood anon
>>
>>161510823
it goes up to higher than that
>>
>>161510823
that's his team mates on the radar
>>
So, anyone have any framerate notes for the now CONFIRMED Star Marine?
>>
>>161510613
D.S.troyed
>>
File: because it was deleted.jpg (202KB, 1379x659px) Image search: [Google]
because it was deleted.jpg
202KB, 1379x659px
I will lurk occasionally to see if there's any new news. Since their mods are faggots, I capped this before it was deleted, maybe some of you fags can try it out
>>
>>161512480
http://archive.is/Tr7JV
>>
>>161510613
Derek Smart was right
>>
>>161510823
>>161510613

I wonder if Smarty's mom ate gravel and tar when she was pregnant.

History will remember him as one of the most assblasted people in gaming history. Even worse than Phil Fish because at least he gave us a game.
>>
>>161513962
>History
>Remembering him

This is why he's lashing out now. He's going to be forgotten.
>>
>>161514373
we can start now by just referring to him as "him" or "it"

theres no reason to say the name unless the context relating to him is obvious
>>
Evocati questions-

1.Have they pushed out any new updates?
2.How are the frames in Star Marine?
3.What is the player cap for a game of Star Marine?
4. Are the Cati, the 85x, and the new variants working yet?
5. Have they converted anything to Item 2.0
6, Any secrets in the patch?
7. Is the Grim-Hex race track usable?
>>
HOLY SHIT A 5A FUEL SCOOP IS THE BEST THING EVER
>>
>>161517565
the cati brakes the game
>>
>>161518439
We know this already, we need new news.
>>
How do I earn rank with the federation and what system should I head for so I can do the ranking up thing?
I want a damn fed gunship
>>
File: ScreenShot0099.jpg (578KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0099.jpg
578KB, 2560x1440px
I'm developing a new martial art what should I call it?
>>
I'm loving this.
>>
>>161518897
sothis ceos, run data missions between the two. Took me 2 days to get Ensign.
>>
>>161518906
faggotry
>>
>>161487547
electrical infetterence
>>
How the fuck do i find out if a planet ring has a pristine ring? It doesn't give any info on system map other than Axis and inner and outer radius, not even what kind of ring it is. I could use the generator but i've got a bunch of methanol monohydrate missions stacked so i'm hunting ice.
>>
>>161518906

Panzer Kunst
>>
Lel, Adept is over on the frontier forum SC thread literally whining about Evocati being called Evocati
>>
>>161520373
>Panzer Kunst
>clearly not an android
Heresy.
>>
>>161520487

literally who
>>
>>161520527
>not an android
How come everyone looks the same then, bud?

or why is dying in the airlock a scripted sequence and you don't actually need a vacuum suit or oxygen?

SC has pretty deep lore
>>
>>161520575
newfag
>>
>>161520795

unless it's an actual dev or someone actually important who gives a shit

retard
>>
>>161520863
lurk moar newfag
>>
>>161521013

so he/she/it isn't actually important and is, in fact, irrelevant

thanks for confirming that for me fuckhole
>>
>>161520575
Adept was an ED shill that came to /scg/ to shit up the thread every day years ago before ED actually came out and everyone discovered it was trash and he quietly slunk back to the official ED forums where he remains to this day.
>>
>>161521151
Guess who's even less important than obscure /scg/ /edg/ e-celebs? You, newfag
>>
>>161521306

i never claimed to be important nor did i assign unwarranted acclaim to someone else unlike you you cockslobbering waste of human space

;^)
>>
File: stop.jpg (37KB, 720x462px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
37KB, 720x462px
>>161521306
>newfag! newfag! newfag!
Stop.
>>
File: conspiracykeanu.jpg (23KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracykeanu.jpg
23KB, 500x498px
>>161521382
>>161521532
What if you're all just newfags and dumb anime posters and I'm the only one left from the old days?
>>
>>161521198

oh ok

thanks for explaining
>>
>>161521591
I've been here since the first couple generals, not like very first, but first week or two.

It didn't occur to me for a while that a game that didn't exist yet might have a generalbut we know different now don't we, lol
>>
>>161521598
What if I told you the guy who called you a newfag and the guy who helpfully explained who Adept is were both me?
>>
>>161522082

doesn't change that you explained it, now does it

you're the real mvp anon
>>
>>161522082
In fairness, I've >>161521950 been here a long ass time and forgotten adept, he was just one in a long procession of whiney namefags, in particular back during the thread invasions ed fags used to do regularly he was just one among many.

He's very much in "Literally Who?" territory now.
>>
File: 1478844192191.jpg (157KB, 992x880px) Image search: [Google]
1478844192191.jpg
157KB, 992x880px
What are you doing with your life?
>>
>>161522303
Yeah but this http://archive.is/blDWg really brought me back. He's so desperate for something to whine about.
>>
>>161522390
>>161522082
>>
File: 1473112796359.jpg (18KB, 175x218px) Image search: [Google]
1473112796359.jpg
18KB, 175x218px
>>161522390

getting ready to play path of exile in a day or so

playing titanfall 2

have an interview set up at huntington-ingalls next week

losin' weight

how about you anon, you hanging in there alright?
>>
>>161522390
Wishing I was born in a different century that my average ass might have a shot at space travel. There is almost no adventure left on earth that doesn't involve some kind of murder and end in either a body bag or cell.
>>
>>161522390
Working in a dish pit to make rent, waiting for Mid-January to hit so I can find a decent trade apprenticeship.

In the meantime I'm getting drunk and shitposting, with no game currently to invest time in.

How 'bout you, anon?
>>
>>161522826
Working on Star Marine and having a pretty good time doing it.
>>
>>161522907
>Working on
Avocado or dev?
>>
>>161522556
I love space shit but I wouldn't want to go there. way more boring in reality.
>>
>>161523075
dev :)
>>
File: Fuck off.jpg (58KB, 234x327px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck off.jpg
58KB, 234x327px
>>161482553
>>
>>161522556
>almost no adventure left on earth

because you want adventure to be easy and accommodating
but adventuring is hard
>>
So what exactly do Evocatis have access to?

Are there any who actually come to this thread?
>>
File: 1480028304719.jpg (63KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
1480028304719.jpg
63KB, 550x412px
>>161522556
Take a trip on the Trans-Siberian Railway.
>>
File: 1479679970952.jpg (79KB, 1136x862px) Image search: [Google]
1479679970952.jpg
79KB, 1136x862px
How do I make relative mode work?

I prefer that setup over interactive but sometimes it doesn't feel all that precise
>>
>>161485673
>and players can get put on it as well, having their location tag updated whenever they're scanned by the fuzz or land at a non-anarchy station.

This actually used to be a thing.

The problem is that you'd never be able to find the bounty because they fuck off to the other side of the bubble from where they gained the bounty, fuck off to solo when vigilantes close in or you just plain never get put into the same instance.
>>
>>161523410
My dad works at nintendo too!
>>
>>161524575
good for you :D
>>
>>161523521
I want to adventure in a way that has only reality rules, not legalistic "don't do x or we'll imprison you" rules. There are a tiny number of places left on earth like that and the few that exist tend to be very murdery.

It's not like I want to go on a touring cruise and call it an adventure like some 18th century noble lady, I just wish I could go to a place that is just environmental, outside legally structured space. Where there's no governments or goons to tell you what you may or may not do.
>>
Well I'll be damn, the Cat actually fits through the race course checkpoint rings.
>>
>>161525432
I spent two weeks late september kayaking around my home island

the only rules were to keep dry and don't get eaten by bears

if you really wanted adventure you could find it
>>
>>161525760
Details man, I wanna know what my baby looks like.
>>
>grinding RNGineers in heavily armed and modded conda
>get interdicted by eagle
>it demands cargo with a message I don't think I've seen before
>notice spelling mistakes and lack of punctuation
>sudden realization
>look down at the scanner contact

I gave him some jaedite I found at a crash site just for being so ballsy and/or retarded.
>>
>>161525938
good news is that the cargo pod section actually doesn't cause that bad of a blindspot in the pilot seat.
bad news is that it has a strut right below the center of your view.
>>
>>161527214
>bad news is that it has a strut right below the center of your view.
How bad is it? Also, what are its weapons like?
>>
It's better than the fucking starfarer view, but it's sure the fuck not a bubble cockpit either
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (928KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
928KB, 499x281px
I'm going to give free head scratches to every Tevarin
>>
File: 1394777147248.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1394777147248.gif
1MB, 640x360px
Come talk about a real space game that actually exists

>>161525064
>>
>>161527675
>actually exists

Does it though? It's less developed than SC is.
>>
>>161527818
It's better than your shitty tech demo
>>
File: great anime animation.gif (2MB, 540x501px) Image search: [Google]
great anime animation.gif
2MB, 540x501px
>>161528006
I sorta feel bad for you NMS guys, you all are legitimate refugees shitty ones you're shitty refugees, and you deserved to be kicked out
>>
File: 1335742340502.png (1MB, 1256x855px) Image search: [Google]
1335742340502.png
1MB, 1256x855px
>>161528006
Debatable.

Also, you fuckers stop falling for shit like this. I guess we'd stop existing if we did, but fuckin' still.
>>
Alright so I know 17 draconis is dead but how did it work? Just relog on the mission board and accept lods of missions, then combat log spawn camp surface camps until you finish the missions? Any specific weapons or gear? I'm about to go search for a new location too.
>>
Not sure, it was a minor miracle I made to the bridge without a ctd. It had 2 S4 or S5 guns listed in the weapon mfd. Also has the two turrets with S4's on them

And it does have covalex skin that was shown in the preview
>>
>>161520734
>first implementation of Crusader
>spawn rooms were full of lifeless standing drones
>you would just inhabit one when you logged in and navigate it through the crowd of standby bodies
>>
>>161526116
Any word about solar system spanning dyson spheres? Looking at your pic reminded me of all the cool, massive levels in SCHMUPS and I wouldn't mind being able to trade in one of those.
>>
>>161520487
was he the swede fag? is there something patriarchal about the word evocati?
>>
>>161525432
>There are a tiny number of places left on earth like that and the few that exist tend to be very murdery.
guess what, all places on earth tended to be like that back in the days of "adventure". for there to be viking, there must be a Landisfarne
>>
>>161527214
my negro is there some watermark wizardy preventing you from giving us a cockpit view screenshot
>>
>>161529298
There are 'invisible watermarks with account ID' rumors, yes.
>>
>>161527675
>literally just one guy making shit up about how great the game is begging for other people to stay and talk to him

wow that's kind of sad
>>
>>161528006
i've heard of buyer's remorse but this is... non-refund remorse?
>>
>>161529298
NDA is a legally binding document so yeah, i dont think too many people want the minimum punishment of just getting banned

theyre evocati so they tend to be the people that play the game, and actually contribute something so getting banned or in the off chance, legally punished somehow, isnt worth it

source: i honestly have no idea how serious a videogame NDA is but given the total lack of real leaks for SC i'd say it's serious enough to prevent that
>>
>>161512480
when i try to paste the link http://1.webseed.robertsspaceindustries.com/GameBuilds/sc-alpha-2.6.0/478194/StarCitizen
into the browser i just get
<Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message>
am i doing something wrong?
>>
>>161530175
>chris roberts contacts you upon signing the agreement, gives you a picture of your family and friends in a strange room with enough necessities to get by, as well as some basic entertainment

>"Break the NDA if you'd like"
>>
>>161529516
Run that shit through some contrast filters, I doubt CIG have the competence or the desire to just turn that on for PTU
>>
>>161530323
Maybe they fixed it?
>>
>>161530484
someone should upload the files then
i just wanted to dick around in the maps
>>
>>161530379
I was thinking more like some comical event where some snot nosed kid thinks hes gonna get away with it and a real life retaliator piloted by chris swoops in and levels his neighborhood
>>
>>161531637

That should be put in an ancap ball picture. I am too lazy to do so.
>>
>>161529726
Look now. There are four posters. FOUR.
>>
File: IMG_qi1rai.jpg (103KB, 993x993px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_qi1rai.jpg
103KB, 993x993px
>>161532950
>Literally four unique IPs
>>
>>161533116
>>161532950
one of those is the guy with the
>3 posters
the rest is 3 people rubbing their dicks together
>>
>>161483157
You ever find anything?
>>
>>161528675
Maybe? First he whined that evocati was a made-up word, then multiple people told him it meant a roman soldier who completed his tour of duty and was asked to voluntarily re-enlist by a higher-up. Then he whined that the term is super obscure because with his superhuman roman and legionary knowledge, he didn't know about it. Then he whined that that the term doesn't fit his idea of what a volunteer QA tester is.
>>
Has anyone played Everspace? I've never seen it come up in this thread and haven't seen any other threads on it.
>>
>>161534206
It was briefly discussed and the general consensus was that it's super arcadey but fun enough to tide some people over waiting for more SC.
>>
>>161534325
>super arcadey

Yeah that's fine, wasn't asking compared to SC, just wanting to know if it's any fun on it's own merit.

I have $100 left in my steam wallet and can't decide what to get.

Space-related I have Everspace, The Turing Test, Event[0], and The Solus Project on my wishlist. Not 100% into survivals so I may skip Solus.

I know they were all just on sale, I'll probably wait until the winter sale to get the others. Doubt Everspace will go on sale though.
>>
File: fBLVvjb.jpg (215KB, 1600x626px) Image search: [Google]
fBLVvjb.jpg
215KB, 1600x626px
So how modular do you think they will actually be?
Multiple official posts discuss turrets, shields, and other non-cargo combat related stuff as being attachable.

What are the chances we will see ghetto cap ships built out of Hull series ships and combat legos instead of cargo legos.
>>
>>161535149

0%
>>
>>161534880
Buy Star Sector if you haven't yet. It's not on Steam yet but it's great fun.
>>
New store credit BB tokens going out when?
>>
>>161535194
What makes you say that?
>>
>>161534880
Not into 4x games?
>>
>>161535928
Not particularly, I get bored quick. I know there's some great ones and I'm missing out though.
>>
>>161536080
S'all good. I'd give Space Engineers and Kerbal a whirl if you're into the building aspect and the Homeworld series if you're into RTS.
>>
>>161536080
>>161536270
Oh and Rebel Galaxy for a Freelancer lite.

It's really quite fun if arcade.
>>
>>161536458
Rebel Galaxy was a bit too simplistic for my tastes, and also a bit broken. Even basic transportation missions were too hard since enemies spawned on you and interdicted you at the last second, usually spawning infinitely until you die. So the game basically becomes a rush to outfit yourself with the top-tier equipment that works for you, after which there's nothing else to do, since the transportation missions always result in said infinite waves of assholes until you die.

I'd recommend Space Engineers or even No Man's Sky right now over Rebel Galaxy, though the music's pretty good.
>>
>>161536270
>>161536458
Thanks for the recommendations.

I have Kerbal, don't play much these days but I dick around in it every once in a while. Played the Homeworld to hell and back, love that series. Wish they would come out with a new one Deserts of Kharak doesn't fucking count

I'll check out Rebel Galaxy, thanks. For Space Engineers, it seems like something I'd have a lot of fun with if I could get my friends to play it.
>>
>>161535149
zero.

you're getting either cargo, info running storage, or small vehicle storage purely for transport

if every dedicated purpose ship had every function available as a module it'd be pointless to own any variety of ships

you've got small trucks and big trucks
>>
>>161536805
You'll like House of the Dying Sun if you want some arcadey space shooter (wit ha bit of tactical thinking occasionally).
>>
>>161537097
Second House Of the Dying Sun.

Fair warning though, it's kind of short.
>>
>>161537097
>>161537171
>House Of the Dying Sun

How have I not heard of this, looks cool. If it's short but has replayability I don't mind.
>>
>>161536805
Battlefleet gothic
X-rebirth
Endlesspace 1/2
>>
>>161537627
There's a pastebin in the OP with all these games.
>>
>>161537694
Yeah I saw it, this started as me asking what people thought of Everspace. Didn't mean for it to turn into 'recommend me a space game'

Must've missed House of the Dying Sun though
>>
>>161528340
Yes.

Apparently skimmers also count towards massacre ships missions if they are owned by that faction.

Use the obamawinder with dumbfire missiles to keep rebuy costs down, and self destruct when your missions are complete to respawn at the hub. Not sure what to use for exploring
>>
Any 2.6 Evo's with thoughts on flight model changes? Its all I really care about.
>>
>>161540159
Who cares. Game is arcade as fuck.
>>
>>161540159

Do you enjoy monoboating Hornets and jousting and want everything else to get fucked? Because if so this patch is for you.
>>
>>161540227
>>161540250
I enjoy "fun", which is subjective as fuck. If slowing speeds down has dumbed the game down to fuck I'll be pretty miffed.
>>
>>161540250
Also on the point of monoboating, why the fuck aren't there convergence options yet?
>>
>>161540496

Because CIG are incompetent dipshits and their balance/flight model teams are worthless.

also see
>>161540250

And decide if that's your idea of fun.
>>
>>161510613

looks legit.

also, what a fucking """"smart"""" guy
>claims bullshit
>gets proven wrong
>"IMPOSSIBRU, it's fake"
>>
Apparently footage of the new HUD in 2.6.0, rather boring footage to be honest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXwbI6SiX3U&
>>
>>161541097
>look ma I posted it again
>>
>>161541097
I like it!

The old one was too obtrusive, now it just feels like you're wearing a helmet (gives me some metroid prime vibes).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU311gOYS0Y
>>
>>161544154
I'm so glad, the interaction thoughts ("USE") font has been polished. That initial version we saw with floaty dreamy text in a comic sans ms variant was disgusting.
>>
>>161544452
Yeah this new one looks prettier
>>
File: 1443278512078.jpg (73KB, 387x579px) Image search: [Google]
1443278512078.jpg
73KB, 387x579px
>>161544154
>60fps anything SC related

one day lads, one day
>>
>>161544154

Can you use your torch in Star Marine?
Haven't seen it in any of the footage yet.
>>
>>161545954
>torch

Wot?
>>
>>161544154
too bad it seems like the me fidelity background interactions of the old SM levels (monitors blowing out, etc) seems to have been lost
>>
>>161546112

Britbong for flashlight.
>>
>>161546184

The Irish call them torches too
>>
>>161546204
And the welsh call them sheep, oh wait thats a fleshlight.
>>
>>161522556
You're just a poorfag and a coward. There's adventure out there.
>>
File: cat.png (357KB, 906x586px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
357KB, 906x586px
Fucking Drake
>>
>>161527675
>63 posts
>Already archived and ded forever
>Real space game
Even fucking ELITE has to kept a whole lot more promises than NMS has. Fuck off shill.
>>
>>161546687

I love it.
>>
Are we still on track for 2.6 Live on dec 8th?
>>
>>161547279

That was delayed to the 13th a over a week ago.
>>
File: notrucksaysno.jpg (37KB, 498x353px) Image search: [Google]
notrucksaysno.jpg
37KB, 498x353px
>>161547279
>>
File: AeZbA6k.jpg.gif (449KB, 415x375px) Image search: [Google]
AeZbA6k.jpg.gif
449KB, 415x375px
>>161546687
cat? herald? moar

glad they're still doing funny little things like this rather than 100% super serious down to the paneling
>>
>>161547279

It'll drop to PTU just before the Christmas holidays like last year.
>>
>>161547358
But still december, right ?
>>
>>161547452
>cat? herald?
Filename?
>>
I don't own a caterpillar but if someone who does grabs the 2.6 files from swapping the PTU keys around as described in the reddit post then you might be able to get it to spawn in free flight.

What's nice is that when I spawned one of the ships I do own in free flight, I had no character model whatsoever, and the ship hud was also missing, so you'd be able to get some god screenshots that way.

The bulldog laser repeaters have had a sizeable ROF decrease, but the new fire rate animation actually matches the animation of the three barrels moving forwards and recoiling again.

The "cinematic" 3rd person cameras are nice.
>>
Can someone that got the 2.6 leaked files look at how many weapons does the caterpillar have?
pls send cockpit pics
>>
>>161547917
Or, could you just post a dropbox/MEGA with the files in them?
>>
>>161548049
Spawning the caterpillar crashes the game.
You can get the 2.6 files yourself without being in ETF:
>>161512480
>>161512763
>>
>>161547279
when has CIG put anything out on schedule?
>>
>>161548151
Well shit >>161530323 is wrong, it werks.
>>
Got the 2.6 files and webseed links formatted and ready to use, just save this as sc.txt on your desktop

http://pastebin.com/LspCCPrV

Then use this tool to download all the files (31GB)

https://mega.nz/#!UpICwaxL!VJIJg9_KRX6feyeKj3Q28Y9dmrnTqkwqkP9yE-dtiu8
>>
>>161548410

If any of you nab screenshots in game, can you stick them on imgur?
>>
>>161548410
Private Paste ID: LspCCPrV
This is a private paste. If you created this paste, please login to view it.
>>
File: star citizen mustang beta.jpg (1MB, 3088x852px) Image search: [Google]
star citizen mustang beta.jpg
1MB, 3088x852px
>he doesnt own a mustang
What are you beta?
>>
>>161550205
>mustang
The poor man's poor ship, go back to Bremen
>>
>>161550205
>Ship focused around the idea of being a glass cannon
>giant weighty living pod on the back, still no cargo

shit tier / 10
>>
>>161533984
Told you yesterday. It's empty.
Only one outpost and it's a dockable station.
>>
File: fNHoq92.png (204KB, 341x292px) Image search: [Google]
fNHoq92.png
204KB, 341x292px
>Opened frontier forums because i was curious what's the whole fuss was about.
>MFW i realize that they actually do believe in what they're saying there to each other about Star Citizen.
>>
>>161550483
it's a getaround and RV for people who don't make their money with their ship. mercs, basically, or dedicated crewmen.
>>
>>161549193
Fuck, i thought that "private" meant only the ones with a direct link would be able to see it. It should work now

http://pastebin.com/LspCCPrV
>>
File: 1480137501175.gif (887KB, 370x294px) Image search: [Google]
1480137501175.gif
887KB, 370x294px
>mfw exploring while listening to the Mass Effect soundtracks
So comfy.
>>
>>161551989
>Mass Effect soundtracks
I'll never not be mad
>>
>>161552075
Neither will I, but the games had some great OST's, Uncharted Worlds especially is wonderful for exploring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RO7K4W-c9g
>>
File: datmad.jpg (441KB, 1552x668px) Image search: [Google]
datmad.jpg
441KB, 1552x668px
>>161552075
>>
>>161552178
>>161552151
>>161552075
>>161551989
Y u mad doe?
Mass Effect 3 was the best one and had a great ending.
>>
Better not bite that b8, Anons.
>>
>>161551989
>not listening to spooky Dark Ambient when your thousands of light years away from the bubble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTuOHzsWIoE
>>
>>161550803

For the lazy that have bash installed:
wget -i http://pastebin.com/raw/LspCCPrV
>>
>>161546687
>yfw it goes back to a serious warning label in live and this is now an ultra rare meme
>>
File: get draked.png (1021KB, 981x1286px) Image search: [Google]
get draked.png
1021KB, 981x1286px
>>161553406
>>
File: 39486757849.jpg (46KB, 470x495px) Image search: [Google]
39486757849.jpg
46KB, 470x495px
>>161553729
>98% organic salvage
>>
>>161553206
when i run the .exe it crashes
>>
>>161554091
never mind i figured it out.
where do the downloaded files go? does it already put em inside the install dir of star citizen?
>>
File: ScreenShot0278.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0278.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
>>161553406
The 300 series Shit Lock Handle survived through several iterations of the ship.
>>
which is better for a conflict zone FDL, 4 medium lasers and a huge multicannon or 4 multicannons and a huge laser? I've been running the former and I overheat pretty badly
>>
>>161554158
Not the one that posted the link, but are you retarded?
>>
>>161554158
If you placed both the sc.txt file and the downloader in your desktop it should create a folder called StarCitizen there as well
>>
>>161482960
Malloc can stack massacre missions, but no skimmer killing.
>>
>>161554158
Can one of you fucks that has downloaded 30gig of pre-release single player adventure time please psot some webms of new shit?
>>
>>161556351
I'm seriously considering that..
>>
Well, that was stupid of me, I melted my Warlock not realizing I couldn't get it back, since it was an upgrade.

I wonder how long before we can start just installing/removing these modules instead of having to have a totally different ship.
>>
>>161556351
my download is only 1.2MB/s so its gonna take a while
>>
UK ATV today.
>>
I see people online suggest using an ASP-E for smuggling. Fit suggestions?
What kind of smuggling missions should I go for? All the ones I've seen seem to be 300 to 400 LY and kind of a pain.
>>
>>161557017
>>161557193
Well, god's speed commanders o7 <o #faggotry etc.
But seriously, pictures of spiderman and or video of 2.6 would be fucking great. I've got serious blue balls.
>>
>>161556351
https://vid.me/qMmY

https://vid.me/sg6a

I'll be recording more if I find cool stuff around the maps
>>
In ED, does your profession rank influence mission payout/offering?
>>
>>161558484

God damn that's playing smooth and looking great. Can't wait for how chaotic and horrendous it is in actual online multiplayer.
>>
>>161558484
Niiiiiice.
That framerate.
Those visuals, it looks way more vibrant than I expected.
That cover/lean mechanic.
Good job anon.
>>
File: 1480177258089.gif (87KB, 192x197px) Image search: [Google]
1480177258089.gif
87KB, 192x197px
>>161558484
>>161558681
>3rd person camera still active
>>
>>161550483
Mustang beta is the cheap exploration ship, not a glass cannon.

You're thinking of the combat variant which has a missile rack instead of a room.
>>
>>161558484
Well it looks smooth, does it feel smooth?
>>
>>161551989
>Not listening to the Stellaris soundtrack on loop
there is something really scifi about this music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeeSPUOhsgE
>>
>>161558567
It affects offerings. Which in turn, affects payout. System Influence also a factor. But if you're high combat rank you're more likely to get Massacre missions for example at payouts of hundreds of thousands right off the bat before gaining influence.
>>
File: y87AmP_tiny.gif (3MB, 300x145px) Image search: [Google]
y87AmP_tiny.gif
3MB, 300x145px
>>
>>161558792
>>161558983
Well I'm playing offline, so without the shitty netcode in place and no one else fucking around in the map it does run smooth.

Question is, will it also run smoothly while playing online? I don't know. Anyways, have more videos

https://vid.me/vlx1

https://vid.me/trKK
>>
>>161559416
Well network issues can be fixed easier, this is supposed to be the fundamental FPS part nailed down though so if it was clunky and shitty then we would all be screwed.

>second webm
>no 'okay' signal
dropped, burned, send to the pit of NMS
>>
File: 4r03hoi3nt.jpg (415KB, 1260x1936px) Image search: [Google]
4r03hoi3nt.jpg
415KB, 1260x1936px
>>161559416
>hand signals
Because anyone is ever going to use any of them
>>
File: 1479872421308.png (441KB, 1299x1322px) Image search: [Google]
1479872421308.png
441KB, 1299x1322px
>mfw Compromised Nav Beacon
Haz RES has nothing on this shit
>>
>>161559384
Okay, I kinda need a way to rank up combat quickly then, before next 17 draconis event is up.
Keep in mind I have 10 mil and an eagle. Suggestions?
>>
>Calor
>dictatorship
>conflict zones everywhere
Fucking naziboos always starting wars
>>
>>161559796
Conflict Zones + Massacre missions increases Combat rank very fast. I should clarify ranking doesn't affect it drastically, Reputation with the minor faction is the primary deciding factor. The main thing Rank for anything does in Elite is lock you of certain systems or other things.
For example, when you hit Elite rank in any category you gain access to the Founder's system, home of the Pilot's Federation. Main reason to go there is the station has EVERY module in the game.
>>
>>161559713

Not in PVP. But when you and your friends are doing a mission way later in PU it could be fun.
>>
Oh hey, they actually improved the glass shattering physics

vid.me/biCx
>>
>>161561203
nice, I wonder if they have a plan to keep the broken shard around
>>
>>161561203
>vid.me/biCx

Needs a lot of flying around glass piece particles.
>>
>>161537916
I was just informing you incase you weren't aware and were looking for more.

>Correct captcha has failed four times in a row

Fuck Hiro. Getting real tired of his shit between this and /a/
>>
>>161561203
Wew lad. I mean it IS an improvement, but jesus. Atleast, I guess, they're aware that it needs work.
>>
>>161561203
>Star Marine isn't in the game! I have access and can confirm it!

Wew
>>
>>161561203
Do you have any kind of acces to a FPS loadout screen? Or evidence of the existence of one?
>>
>>161551989
>>161552075
>>161552151

I swear the first time I F the big map on my Carrack I will make sure to have Uncharted Worlds playing. HNNNNG
>>
>>161561509
Whom are you quoting?
>>
File: 1480491563835.gif (956KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1480491563835.gif
956KB, 320x180px
>>161559727
>Decided to try out Comp. Nav Beacons after doing Haz RES for quite a while
>They're probably not really any different from each other I said
>Nearly every small ship is in a wing of 3+ pilots
>High tier medium and heavy ships all the way from the Fer De Lance to the Anaconda are common place
>The lowest rank I've seen is Master and that was rare, everything here is almost always Dangerous or higher, with Elites being fairly common
>Spawn rate is ridiculous compared RES or normal Nav Beacons
>Wings made of Dangerous+ Anacondas and Pythons are common
CNB's is where the real chaos is.
>>
>>161561662
The man, the myth, the forgotten.
>>
>>161561714
I feel like HazRES got stealth nerfed. If I'm lucky enough for an Anaconda to spawn they're competent or lower anyway
>>
>>161561626
Haven't seen any of the new UI stuff, main menu looks the same and that means the neat-looking loadout screens aren't in this build either.
>>
>>161560310
What's best for CZs, Vulture of Fed Gunship?
>>
>>161561203
>shoot with pinpoint sized laser
>ultra huge hole
>>
>>161529298
>>161529516
>>161530394
They dont need to turn it on or off for Evocati. If it exists, they just have it on all the time and only give a shit about it when the SS in question is evocati content. We know for a fact blizzard has done this with WoW since the beginning so it can't be complicated or resource intensive given how fucking lazy and incompetent they are.

How long until the Polaris is hangar ready do you think?
>>
>>161561980
>How long until the Polaris is hangar ready do you think?
Some time between now and release
>>
>>161562046
Thanks Microsoft.
>>
File: PolarisS42.png (395KB, 855x453px) Image search: [Google]
PolarisS42.png
395KB, 855x453px
>>161561980
It's the feature ship of today's ATV UK. Chris wants it fully made externally for SQ42 (no interior), then finished up shortly after for the PU. It's on F42UK's Capital Ship schedule for (external) production once the Vanduul Capital Ships are finished.
>>
>>161561902
Dang. Soon(tm).
>>
>>161561926
Depends on how good of a pilot you are and how good you are maneuvering. Gunship offers more firepower at the cost of smaller ships outmaneuvering it easily. It also has less shields but higher Hull than the Vulture
The Vulture is basically a beefed up Eagle; fast and highly maneuverable while offering more in the way of defense and firepower compared to an Eagle. What a Vulture is especially good at (aside from being able to fight other fighters very well) is its relatively smaller frame allowing to get like 2 feet away from a big ships hull and blasting his Power Plant to hell and back.
So its a choice between:
>Tankier, slower, a little bit more damage
>Faster, more maneuverable, slightly more fragile, solid damage
>>
>>161562362
I also just noticed the price difference. There's no way I'd be able to outfit a Gunship so screw that, I'm going Vulture as my first CZ ship. Thanks.
Any other tips?
>>
>>161562270
You know if you hadn't had a trip I would have taken that bait.
>>
>>161561926
I had more success in a vulture than a gunship.
>>
>>161562464
In a CZ you're fighting with and against a small army so fight like it. Find a large ship on your side and stick with him, defending and attacking what he attacks. Eventually this tactic wipes enough of the enemy that your faction just gangbangs everyone that warps in.
Also do not pick your faction the moment you get in the Zone, you WILL draw aggro from alot of enemy ships. Warp in, wait until you don't see anything else popping in on Contacts, let them aggro on each other, then select.
>>
File: catipillardakka.jpg (121KB, 800x908px) Image search: [Google]
catipillardakka.jpg
121KB, 800x908px
Catapillar guns. Granted, it also has turrets with S4s on them, but two S1 guns for the pilot just seems like a bad joke compared the the constellation or starfarer
>>
Meanwhile the Herald has 3xS3 and 16 S1 missiles.
>>
File: LowQualityJPG.webm (975KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LowQualityJPG.webm
975KB, 1920x1080px
>>161559408
>>
>>161563401
>Parking sensor.
Drake Search And Rescue fighter/10
>>
>>161563401
OH MY GOD
ARE THERE WALK AROUND UP FOR THE CAT YET?
>>
>>161563603
No retard its only in NDA ETF build, no content creators would dare sacrifice their access for that. Rest assured the videos are being made right now though, so they can be posted the seconds the NDA lifts on 2.6.
>>
>>161563401
gj CIG, i'm angry now.
It was announced as a fighting freighter, now it's a freighting freighter.
>>
>>161563860
"Designed for supporting pirate operations, the Caterpillar features a large cargo hold for carrying loot, heavier armor than other freighters in its class and room for five crew able to serve in boarding operations. Despite its heavier armor, the Caterpillar isn't a bulldog... a successful operation will require a fighter escort."

Literally the first time we heard about it they said this.

Then here

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/12911-Clean-Shot-Shipping-Update

it says its "offensive capabilites are little light"

So, I have no idea where you're getting 'fighting freighter' from.
>>
>>161563860
>It was announced as a fighting freighter,
Yeah. And it was announced as small as connie.
>>
>>161563860
Its huge and slow, it's nose guns are barely gonna get used, the turrets are what counts. and If you want more dakka you can swap out a cargo pod.
>>
>>161563860
they could just be the wrong size guns, a dev had already said he put the wrong size guns on the turrets back during the anniversary sale. I'd hold off bitching till there's a shot that shows the hard point itself.

Also, I'd assume there will be weapon modules for it at some point
>>
>>161564194
>>161564073
>>161564029
>>161564027
The Starfarer (dedicated tanker), has more guns and more cargo than the Caterpillar (boarder/S&R centered modular ship).
Nevertheless, i'm still holding my breath for the fabled armor, because at that point the cat's offensive capabilities can be ticked as 'inexistant'.
>>
>>161564585
If you jump off the catwalk onto the top of the caterpillar, you can change the gun mount on the right-side "wing". It's a S6 fixed mount with a "S5 GreyCat Suregrapple" moutned
>>
>>161564585
I think the idea is that the Cat is a lot more modular.

Stupid of you to go offensive in either, anyway.
>>
File: supertrain.jpg (76KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
supertrain.jpg
76KB, 1024x768px
CHOO CHOO I'M A TRA-- I mean wriggle wriggle it's me, the Caterpillar, hello.

Please ignore the smoke coming from the coal-fired engine at the front of the ship.

And the rails I'm standing on.
>>
>>161564868
Dude, you wanna be careful posting pics like that, I hear 2.6 Evocati has watermarks on the images.
>>
>>161563401
WHAT ARE THE MAX SIZES ON THE HARDPOINTS
>>
>>161565000
They're Size triple 0.

More importantly- has anyone tried a hybrid Omnisky VI / Strife loadout?- dem velocities, dat non-100% reliance on ammunition.
>>
>>161564758
Well ok, maybe angry isn't the right word, maybe disapointed is better: I hoped for it to be ok at combat and ok at cargo, but here it's bad at combat and good at cargo.
Maybe there will be a gun module still, but that mean I'll have to sacrifice some cargo space.
>>161564756
You probably need the tractor beam if you're serious about doing cargo related stuffs.It is nice if it is possible to put a gun on there, but it may be locked to utility items only.
>>
>>161565000
Embarrassingly small.
>>
>>161561714
try conflict zones, every ship is A rated and expert or above
>>
>>161565359
I've done Conflict Zones plenty, Low Intensity is easier than Comp. NBs because you have help and theres a fair amount of Competent ships in them. High Intensity I'd put on the same level at CNBs, high ranks and lots of them.
>>
>>161563401
>>161563860
>>161564585
>>161565000
>>161565346

This is why they don't give everyone everything they're doing
This isn't a real fucking ship, they could slap S99 on it if game balance calls for it
>>
>>161565489
What point are you trying to make?
>>
>>161565870
That getting angry over weapon sizes on a ship that isn't even in the alpha yet is retarded
>>
Will the cat be on sale again when 2.6 goes up?
I'm kinda regretting losing mine in all the melting and swapping I did.
>>
>>161566074
Generally when a ship becomes hangar and flight ready they sell it again briefly, but who knows.
Remember it'll always be purchasable in game when it's finished :^)
>>
>>161564585
>More guns
True.
>More Cargo
Not true.

The Starfarers cargo capacity only gets that big if you rip out the fueling equipment and holding tanks and replace them with cargo racks also the Caterpillars stats page "512" cargo number is left over from when it was the size of a constellation, its internal size has probably tripled and the part that gain the most is the cargo section.
>>
>>161566204
>when it's finished :^)
:^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^)
>>
>>161565963
>getting angry

>seeing other people get mad over small guns that might not even be the max size of the hardpoint and asking for clarfication.

>>161566074
If it's flight or hangar-ready in 2.6 yes.
>>
>>161565963
see >>161565259
The armament choices indicate I probably misunderstood what they aimed for with the ship. They downgraded my shipfu.
Also i'm not the ALLCAPS dude.
>>
I wish Quad turrets were more of a thing than they are. Four guns is so much cooler than two.

Like Rather than giving the tally s3 turrets, which I think would look silly and also star to unbalance it in terms of firepower they would just give the turrets a second set of s2 hardpoints. 2xS2 = not really worth a human, 4xS2 is more debatable.

Hopefully we will be able to stick twin links on stuff at least.
>>
>>161566516
It's not a down grade, they made it modular, you have WAY more cargo space than you intially thought, and If you want a gunboat you can spawn 1/4 to all of that cargo space for more firepower, or other things like extra shield gens. The Caterpillar is way cooler now than it was at first and if you bought one for 170 or whatever they were initially you got a massive upgrade in ship value and I'm jealous.
>>
>>161566874
What was the original price anyways? I got mine for $235.
>>
File: 1469433065874.png (119KB, 409x392px) Image search: [Google]
1469433065874.png
119KB, 409x392px
>>161546228
>>
>>161566204
>>161566485
I hope they sell "variants" with different modular loadouts when the modules go live. I dont have anything I could CCU in a 295 dollar Cat, but I do and a 325 dollar Orion that I only payed 215 for and would not hesistate a second to upgrading into a $350 caterpillar Yarrr edition with extra gunnery modules already fitted.
>>
Are the new flight changes available via the unofficial 2.6 download, or is it just the star marine maps?
>>
>>161567028
when first offer it was eitehr 170 or 190, similar to the starfarer which was $180 and then upgraded to $300

The cat costs 295 now not 325, the only 325 hull is the Orion mining ship.
>>
File: goering.jpg (15KB, 200x290px) Image search: [Google]
goering.jpg
15KB, 200x290px
>>161567075
:^)
>>
>>161567105
crash upon entering a ship
>>
>>161566874
Actually they made it bigger because it couldn't hold how much cargo they said it could hold. And no, i got it for 235 over 2 years of upgrading from my initial aurora MR package (still, don't get me wrong on that, I was aiming for the Caterpillar from the start, but only had very tiny amount of disposable income at the time).
>>
>>161567197
Turns out the original price was $225 as per the kickstarter page.
>>
File: uMq42p5.jpg (53KB, 728x530px) Image search: [Google]
uMq42p5.jpg
53KB, 728x530px
>>161567075
>>
>>161567461
>Actually they made it bigger because it couldn't hold how much cargo they said it could hold

If only they did that to the "30 SCU" Reliant.

Fucking Hobbins and his mixed up units.

HE ONLY PUT 30 CUBIC METRES IN

AND THEN THEY MADE IT SMALLER

I was so looking forward to a tier 2 mining starter in the Reliant.

But no, we get a fucking news van.
>>
I'm getting 45fps in public VS, using a pretty tweaked user.cfg, anyone got any super secret commands that will bump me to 60?
>>
>>161568205
>tier 2 mining starter
They moved away from 'you can bolt a mining laser onto some ship and go mine I guess' anyway. It requires a special hardpoint now, as per the Prospector QAs.
>>
>>161568205
1 cubic meter is 8 Scu, not 1 scu.
>>
ED people, Tiraon is a good target as next 17 Draconis, when it goes into civil war.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (66KB, 457x544px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
66KB, 457x544px
>>161568470
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14684-Hull-B
>>
>>161568531
K I'll make sure to tell the forums, wouldn't want any of you cheaters to damage the VISION or gain an unfair advantage.
>>
>>161568531
Are they pending for one?
>>
>>161568808
2 of the 5 factions are in civil war right now.
>>
>>161568285
user.cfg doesent do shit, atleast not that much
>>
>>161568808
But no, the one outpost spawning skimmers belongs to the dominant faction, which isn't in civil war or in a pending war status.
>>
>got in the top 25% for exploration data community goal that finished today
>still no money reward
When is the payout from community goals? I thought they gave rewards when they finished.
>>
>>161569306
You gotta pick it up from the bulletin board like any other mission, I'm heading over right now since I claimed a 50% spot then did other shit for the rest of the week and a half.
>>
>>161569465
Time to spool up the fsd then
>>
>>161568771
>Tfw there probably are forum dad manchildren lurking here to report their findings to their manchildren officers

Such an odd thing, the internet is, full of odd people.
>>
>>161570357
damn, foiled again.
>>
>>161568470
1 scu is a cube with external measurement of 1.25m

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14677-Cargo-Interaction

>In this example, the container is a 2SCU ... container ... a 2.5m x 1.25m x 1.25m container

>SCU defines the exterior dimensions of the container in cubic meter increments

so 1 scu is AHKSCHUALLY 1.953125 cubic metres.

faggot.

30 SCU is 58.59375 cubic metres (which is what the reliant should have had)

instead Hobbins put 30 cubic metres in it which is only 15.36 SCU

Then they made it even smaller than in the already flawed concept art.

It currently probably has enough space for like 12 SCU or something. That's 3 by 2 by 2 in cubes of side 1.25m
>>
Anyone else able to confirm that the Caterpillar only has the two manned turrets plus tiny S2 weapons on the command module? Was kind of hoping the pilot would at least be able to take on an Aurora...
>>
>>161570942
Last we saw, the Reliant holds a whopping 6 SCU now...
>>
>>161570942
How the fuck is the dragonfly supposed to carry 1 SCU?

it has two little saddle boxes on the back but that doesn't look like 1.25m^3 of volume
>>
>>161571301
the middle modules are swappable so you theoretically could slap ona bunch of turret modules and turn it into a Drake retaliator
>>
File: 30SCU reliant.png (68KB, 361x310px) Image search: [Google]
30SCU reliant.png
68KB, 361x310px
Here's your 30 scu Reliant guys
>>
>>161571674
LTI concept sale of the new dragonfly travel trailer

55$ for cargo variant 65$ for living
>>
>>161570942
What is the logic behind making 1 SCU 1.25m^3 I wonder?
>>
>>161571825
matches the MISC endeavor and freelancer dong aesthetic
>>
>>161571906
think it has to do with there player scale
>>
>>161571458
Source?

>>161571674
Under the seat.

>>161571825
That actually looks badass, as long as you squint and imagine it flying right instead of left.

>>161571906
Not sure.
>>
>>161571906
A 1,25m*1,25m*1,25m container (1 SCU) has an interior space of 1m^3. The rest is container walls.
>>
>>161572093
Ah good point, that is probably it.
>>
>>161572048
Actually that's bollocks, I just looked and that's the fuel tank. No idea where they're getting 1SCU from, maybe they just mean "a relatively small amount but we don't want to say 0.25 SCU because that will confuse people".

It looks like about 2 "ports" worth. One in each saddlebag. Maybe 4.

>>161572093
Depending on the type of container...
>>
>>161572246
we really need some ground cargo transport options that fit into a cutlass/freelancer
>>
File: Kor.jpg (1MB, 4172x2154px) Image search: [Google]
Kor.jpg
1MB, 4172x2154px
>>161572048
One of the updated blueprints they put out for the Kore:
>>
Remember when they said the Reliant would be too small to hold a bed?
Remember when they said the Reliant would be too small to stand up in?
Remember when they said the Reliant would be too small to stuff a Greycat in?
>>
File: cgpeppernakedforumpostretard.jpg (335KB, 1756x1044px) Image search: [Google]
cgpeppernakedforumpostretard.jpg
335KB, 1756x1044px
ah fucking... who knows any more. When a cargo interaction document says something like "ports are 0.25 m spaces" when talking about volume you know something's fucked.

>>161571458
>>161572048
NVM found it myself. Jesus christ. Remember when they talked about "the design team getting cubic metres, Freight Units and Standard Cargo Units mixed up"? I think the Reliant was it.

I don't think I can blame Hobbins any more.

I just found that and tried to post it but failed due to duplicate and I can't remember how to not upload a file once you have one selected so have some forum autism.
>>
>>161552434
>not listening to spooky Dark Ambient

I'll actually have to try this.
>>
File: member.jpg (39KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
member.jpg
39KB, 960x540px
>>161572983
>>
I heard 3.0 will come out december 2018?
>>
>>161574317
>>
Evocanon who owns a cat + herald here, ask me anything. No photos.
>>
File: 49489784654.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
49489784654.gif
471KB, 512x288px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1o7SSDqfR4
>>
>>161574637
Hardpoints list and size?
>>
>>161574637
+1 on the hardpoint list and size. I hear the wing has a S6 tractor beam mount, and the command module has two small guns on it, could we get some more details on anything else? Thanks for your time ^^
>>
>>161574637
What speeds does the Caterpillar have? Are the four prongs up front equipment/weapons, or literally just parking sensors?
>>
>>161574637
tell us what you know about best ship, the caterpillar
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=223HFmhtOOY
>>
>>161574672
Caterpillar
>2x S1 gimbled on the "escape bridge" (Max S3)
>1x Gimbled S5 tractor on the tractor controller, acts as remote gun apparently but not crewed it (can't fly it) ( Max S6 fixed?)
>2 unmanned turrets with M5As mounted (Max size dual s4)

Herald
>3x S2 gimbled badgers (Max S3 fixed)
>a metric bunch of S2 Rattlers

>>161575009
>>161575170
No idea on the max speed of the Caterpillar as I've one looked at it in the hangar at this point

adopting trip
>>
>>161575009
Theyre shock absorbers for ramming and grappling to target ships anon.
>>
>>161575295
Meant to say the gimbled escape module/bridge guns are max S2, not max S3
>>
>>161575295
Thanks! So, top floor of the Caterpillar - theres the long hallway that connects the command module to the hull, there's the room with the EVA hatch on top in front of that, but what rooms are in the rear of the top floor? What is in the bottom floor of the command module? <3
>>
>>161575295
>3x S2 gimbled badgers (Max S3 fixed)

That's.. actually amazing.
>>
>>161575295
Thanks!
What about the front prongs things? Also, does the gui thing they showed in the ship shape works?
>>
>>161573818
CIG has lied about every single ship

>Cutlass will be maneuverable fighter!
>Is a shitty freighter
>Prowler will be a stealthy boarding ship!
>Is an armored dropship
etc.
>>
>>161575539
If I'm reading you right, you mean behind the rear module on the top floor? A doorway that leads to some lockers but that's it, it just connects the escape birdge to the catwalk

>>161575686
Front prongs are just stretchy greeples, they don't do anything. No crew map in the current Cat
>>
>>161575295
>Caterpillar
>>2x S1 gimbled on the "escape bridge" (Max S3)
>>1x Gimbled S5 tractor on the tractor controller, acts as remote gun apparently but not crewed it (can't fly it) ( Max S6 fixed?)
>>2 unmanned turrets with M5As mounted (Max size dual s4)
when it is true then its fucking weak, that is literally nothing
>>
>>161575748
>Lying about in development things

Anon, please.
>>
>>161575282
this was very bad anon
>>
>>161575774

Sorry, not exactly. I know this map isn't correct anymore, but what rooms are to the right of the Upper Foyer (Where the Tech room and Upper Engineering bay rooms are labled).

And what about the bottom floor of the command module, under the bridge? Thanks again, you're making the time between patches much more bearable.
>>
>>161575774
Can you draw the pilot seat view?
>>
File: 1406012776255.jpg (101KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1406012776255.jpg
101KB, 500x667px
So, you guys in Evocati, how's the new flight system?
>>
File: AnonMap.png (2MB, 4500x2700px) Image search: [Google]
AnonMap.png
2MB, 4500x2700px
Might help if I link the correct thing huh... I know this map isn't correct anymore, but what rooms are to the right of the Upper Foyer (Where the Tech room and Upper Engineering bay rooms are labled).

And what about the bottom floor of the command module, under the bridge? Thanks again, you're making the time between patches much more bearable.
>>
>>161575807
A lot of people have raised this issue (there's parody concern threads on Spectrum right now referencing the discussions and including them). Apparently their idea for the caterpillar is to give it a substantial loadout currently that is fully "expandable" with the modular pod, a "missile" module was referenced. Expect the likes of turret modules but I haven't heard anything about them.

>>161576041
>>161576240

Yeah, between the foyer (directly conneted to the bridge) and the cat walks, there's just lockers there and a small unusable terminal that I expect will be used for cargo management in the future. Just crew seats and beds, didn't pay much attention to that area though

>>161576148
We've been messing with the flight since before the 2.6 evocati patch, it's much better and refined in this patch
>>
File: 1452376265970.gif (1009KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
1452376265970.gif
1009KB, 250x197px
>>161576346
So by "much better" you mean its just better than the last patch you guys tried?

Or do you mean that the dogfighting is actually better than whats in 2.5?
>>
cutlass rework in 2.6? Can somebody check?
>>
File: 1480589398366.jpg (86KB, 870x652px) Image search: [Google]
1480589398366.jpg
86KB, 870x652px
2 weeks until release, Commando.
>>
>>161575748
>>Cutlass will be maneuverable fighter!
Now we have the Bucc instead

Also; its not a freighter, its a pirate ship. And considering its firepower, cargohold and free tractor beams its a pretty god damn good one at that.
>>
>>161575295
Do you mean manned turrets? Or are those dual-S4 turrets controllable by the pilot?
>>
>>161576441
The flight is less arcadey. Imagine 2.5 crossed with flying the P-51D in DCS.

>>161576618
Those are two manned turrets. One on the nose and one on the ass.
>>
>>161576445
>>
>>161576346
Oh okay, dang, I was hoping there would be something a bit more interesting there.... what's changed on the left side of the top floor? Any rooms that look like they might add features to the Cat?
>>
>>161577082
Left side of the top floor is greasy and oily as fuck, it feels like you'll need to take a shower after walking through it. Bottom engineering deck feels a lot more clean, weirdly enough.

Main point of interest for the Caterpillar currently (and always?) is the modules. This isn't much of a 2.6 spoiler as it is a future spoiler: Wlev said that "ship modules" (cat included) are aimed for "3.1 to 3.2".
>>
Does anyone know if anything has improved for the vanguard? Does it feel/fair any better or is CIG continuing the tradition of nerfing it every single update since its debut?
>>
>>161571674
You either ride with a partner, or put the cargo in the rear seat.
>>
>>161577472
>1.25m^3 box on a rear seat

Gonna need a lot of straps and bungee cords for that one
>>
ATV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmv6iS5tFeA
>>
>>161577407
(This isn't a leak)

What you need to understand about the Vanguard is that it's not really a heavy fighter, or a particularly strong fighter. Imagine it as a Hornet that can travel a few systems and fight in each without stopping for refueling. That's the benefit of the Vanguard: It's meant to have superior range and redundancies. If range isn't imporant to you then the Sabre/SH are much better choices being short-ranged carrier based ships.
>>
>>161577627
something interessting? Or just blablabla
>>
>>161577736
I have no idea actually, I'm only a minute in myself.
They cut from Sandi to the chick with pink hair and then immediately away from her for some odd reason.
>>
Chav culture was a mistake
>>
>>161577298
Haha I like the picture you painted there, thanks. Is there still a weapons rack in there somewhere? And are any of the green lockers and other props interactable at this point? I don't care if I can put stuff in it.... I just want to open and close it a bunch... lol.
>>
>>161577654
I know that its not a "heavy fighter" in the sense of having lots of guns, however it is definitely a fighter and it is not preforming nearly as well as it should conceptually and stats wise. Just go look at the nightmare that is the VG shipyard forums
>>
>>161561203
These are normal CryEngine shattering physics, you could see them in Crysis 3
>>
>>161578487
>>161561203
There were glass shattering physics in game before?
>>
>>161577654
>superior range
is a useless gimmick though if you can't fight the short range fighters that are going to protect whatever you're targeting.
>>
File: idris 5.png (1006KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
idris 5.png
1006KB, 1920x1080px
Idris poster here, I'm tempted to get ED when it goes on sale, do any of you dangerfags recommend it or is it shit?
>>
Camera controls look pretty neat.
>>
File: EdAnaconda 1.jpg (498KB, 2048x1151px) Image search: [Google]
EdAnaconda 1.jpg
498KB, 2048x1151px
>>161578852
I do not recommend Elite: Dangerous unless you want a time wasting simulator with all the fun delayed, seemingly permanently. If you can manage to get something out of it, more power to you, but I couldn't.
>>
>>161577627
@18mins there is Star marine footage, recorded on PTU?
>>
>>161579027
>>161578852
What this guy said.
I wasted 10 hours a day on it since I bought it and am at 0 fun yet.
>>
File: Javelin 2.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Javelin 2.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>161579027
Hmm, I guess my problem is that I need a space game and STO is giving me cancer. ED looks great and as far as I know there aren't daily caps for currency so it looks pretty appealing to me at the moment.
>>
File: PolarisCorvette.png (2MB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
PolarisCorvette.png
2MB, 1920x960px
>>161578852
Don't do it Idris poster, save your funds to buy the Hurricane.
>>
>>161579228
Space is overrated
>>
File: otter.png (135KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
otter.png
135KB, 500x522px
>>161578852
I have over 200 hours in it and it's fucking shit.
>>
File: Idris 7.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Idris 7.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>161579292
I slapped 50 dollars down to spend on the sale and they didn't have the ursa so I'm looking for something else to waste the money on haha. But I'm not sure, beside you guys I only know one person that owns ED and they spend more time on dwarf fortress than anything else..
>>
>>161579608
Save and buy the Anvil Hurricane or next month's concept sale.

You know you want to.
>>
File: Advanced_Heavy_Cruiser_Retrofit.png (50KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
Advanced_Heavy_Cruiser_Retrofit.png
50KB, 300x167px
>>161579228
>STO
AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh fuck man, I know what you mean about that. I bought the shit when it first came out and it hasn't improved since then. If you want a stupendously autismo playerbase, I don't think you can do better than Star Trek Online.

You're probably better served with the X series, or finding a group to play EVE with. It's still at least six months out until No Man's Sky reaches a state that I can truly call playable and enjoyable, if the update schedule holds. I don't know what it is about space games, but there seems to be a horrendous glut of bad ones that seem to have been trying to be like Star Citizen.
>>
File: FE MALE.png (268KB, 326x410px) Image search: [Google]
FE MALE.png
268KB, 326x410px
>which is the FEMALE announcer were very proud of
>>
>>161579832

Don't get butthurt m8, let her have her moment
>>
File: womans.jpg (36KB, 350x229px) Image search: [Google]
womans.jpg
36KB, 350x229px
>>161579832
>she WULES the game
>>
>>161579832
She's just having a go at the people who keep accusing CIG of sexism.
>>
>>161579228
>Daily caps for currency

May as well be. Frontier is doing their damn hardest to make earning credits as difficult as possible. I just realized that ED is pretty similar to War Thunder when it comes to flying the ship/plane you want. I regret spending all that time earning Cutter/Corvette.
>>
File: changeling spy.jpg (151KB, 910x610px) Image search: [Google]
changeling spy.jpg
151KB, 910x610px
>>161579753
Yeah... I was a bright eyed and horribly optimistic kid when STO went into beta, gamestop manager even gave me the code for a cerberus escort and everything. Messed around with the beta but didn't sub when it first came out. Then when the romulus update came and I saw it was f2p I jumped in because I love rome, I love the romulans, why not?

Well the story sucked but whatever, got to level 50, joined a fleet, messed around then went inactive. Hopped in a few weeks ago and jesus the grind is aweful. Need 5 fleet modules to get a decent ship, but those cost 200-500 premium currency a pop, with a conversion rate of 400 gems to 1 premium. But the daily cap for gems is 8k, meaning I'd need to spend weeks on end just to get one of those modules.

So really, ED looks good, it might not be fun but atleast there are no daily caps.
>>
File: 4r3xjCa.jpg (117KB, 920x575px) Image search: [Google]
4r3xjCa.jpg
117KB, 920x575px
>>161580080

Nooo.... What the hell is wrong with space games I swear to god I just want to fly a cool space ship.
>>
>>161580397
just pirate X-Rebirth
>>
>>161580569
I don't know man. All I know is that my experience with ED was

>Want to fly big space ship
>150 hours later of grinding for credits, grinding for rank, and then grinding more credits to upgrade the ship, finally get ship
>Nothing changes, I just have something that can't land at most stations and has difficult maneuvering
>Can't even take it places because it would take LITERALLY an hour just to travel to where friends (at the time) were playing
>>
>>161577736
-Asteroid fields are denser
-Star Marine has dynamic music (whoop di do)
-Explained how the new boost/no cruise system works

waste of time/10
>>
Any Evocati want to thoroughly talk about SPECTRUM?
>>
>>161578852
>>161579027
>>161579228

Idris poster, I've been there. I saw NMS's true nature and sighed and almost pulled the trigger on E:D. Played the demo ( https://github.com/xaduha/Combat-Demo-Downloader ) too.
Luckily that was shit. And anons managed to convince me that just being able to land on planets and a grindfest is nothing to keep my interest alive. Especially with the shit Season Pass practice Frontier seems to be pulling.

Instead I got Space Engine and afterwards SC. The former was free, fun and pretty. And no grind, only space.

>STO is giving me cancer
I returned to STO a few months ago after a year long pause to see that my char's stats have been reset. I uninstalled it and won't ever return.

Besides, I still remember what Perpetual's STO was supposed to become...like multi-crew! Bah!

Get Space Engine and wait for SC 3.0!
>>
>>161581043
>Same posts every day in the same structure of "Any Evocati want to talk about X? Want to explain Y?"

Are you that faggot that is copy/pasting shit to their leaks site?
>>
>>161580954
>>161581125

*Sigh* Ok.. maybe ED will do something amazing... But I'll take your advice and not buy... so sad..

Any link for that STO info? I know the game must have changed hands or plans got radically redone but I can't find any documentation of what happened..
>>
>>161581318
>Maybe ED will do something amazing

I'd say wait. The only thing you'll get from playing ED right now is playing an "incomplete" game. If you wait 2(?) years you'll potentially be able to buy a more complete game for cheap, as I suspect all the expansions will be sold for 30 bucks with the base game.
>>
>>161578487
And now they work in SM, which means it's only a matter of time before we see them in the PU. Crysis 3 is not an MMO.

>>161578684
No, we saw them on the 2.6 anniversary livestream and pre-stream event, where they were slightly less complex.
>>
>>161581624
i got it during the autumn sale.
played the tutorials and a few datarun missions but i dont really know what to do at this point
>>
>>161582715
>played the tutorials and a few datarun missions but i dont really know what to do at this point

At this point i realized it was too late for a refund :(
>>
>>161582927
>>
Really sad that star citizen ships won't fly like my russian plane-fu simulations anymore.Shooting at targets beyond your line of sight and letting the targeting computer do all the work is the realistic approach.
>>
>>161583186
ayy it's alpha
>>
>>161583186
muh star wars bitch
>>
>>161582715
>I don't know what to do

If you want goals, your goals are to grind ranks, or grind for ships. That's about it.
>>
>>161583418
i dont even know how to do that
>>
>>161583721
Grind ranks
>Do missions that are for a faction that is aligned with the main factions
>Donation missions
You'll need to do these if you want the faction specific ships
Grind ships
>Sit around in instances earning money, or trading
And then there's the grinding for pilot ranks
>Doing the same repetitive tasks over and over until you have earned enough of a specific thing to be Elite rank
>>
>>161582715
>get a hauler
>A rate the FSD
>get a fuel scoop
>go to Saggitarius A*
go the distance
>>
>>161584154
Dude. I have an ASP-E and not even I would do that trip.
Let the poor guy earn some money before wasting his time.
>>
how do i launch 2.6 in singleplayer mode?
>>
>>161584264
>not going exploring in a sidewinder
>>
>>161584334
scroll up
>>
>>161584416
thats very vague. theres one that talks about replacing the DFM_Moon
am i wrong to understand that the only thing i can do is explore the SM maps? i was interested in seeing the flight changes as well
>>
>>161584680
you crash upon entering a ship in offline mode
>>
File: bully.jpg (92KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
bully.jpg
92KB, 680x680px
>vanduul swarm co-op
>every time i'm shooting at a vanduul some guy takes the kill credit spamming with his omniskshit
>happens half a dozen times
>get annoyed and start shooting him
>get kicked to lobby

Stop killstealing or else.
>>
>>161584820
well im at a loss then. i replace the file and launch the game which is a hit or miss because half the time it gives a connection error when i select electronic access. if i do get past that then it crashes as soon as i load moon map
>>
>>161585382
stop being a repeatershitter or else you will get killninjad

git gud and use high damage per shot weapons.
>>
How is morale in the Evocati?
>>
>>161585382
>>161585479
I use repeaters,only time i didn't get top was because of faster ships
>>
>>161563401
that wing thing still looks like a gun. the tractor beam maybe?
>>
>>161585479
I was using mass drivers. Took a few seconds to line up shots, he was was taking kill credit before I could hit them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yca_EPYdmA
>>
File: 1474396730700.png (18KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1474396730700.png
18KB, 280x280px
>>161585818
>>
>>161585382
Why play co-op if that bothers you?
>>
>>161585542
The men are well fed and there's enough wine in camp to float a boat.
>>
>>161585814

Aye someone clarified it's a s5 tractor beam of some kind. Doesn't look like it can be controlled just yet. I assume it'll be console controlled like the un-manned turrets.
>>
>>161574637
what works in the Cat right now, doors, remote station controls, tractor beam, etc?

and what's in the lower level of the command module?
>>
>>161577627
the footage of vanduul swarm looks fucking awful
>"we wanted to make combat closer"
>riding a scythes ass
>putting shots into it while it slowly meanders through the asteroids
mision accomplished
>>
>>161584820
I spawned a ship last night fine. Didn't use cheat engine or copy maps over, just flew about in free flight.

>>161585818
What the fuck is this gay top ten ebin meemee compilation shit. Are you trying to fuck up our related video feeds on purpose? Fuck you.

Speaking of gay shit, can any evocati confirm that third person view is disabled in at least one SM game mode?

The free-cam abuse possible with the tools in latest ATV looks fucking horrendous. It's giving me planetside one flashbacks.

>>161586185
Early-wave Vanduul fly like retards anyway. Real test is PVP.
>>
>>161586274
>Speaking of gay shit, can any evocati confirm that third person view is disabled in at least one SM game mode?

It isn't disabled on any of them
>>
>>161586185
VS is fucking trash with paper enemies that shoot paper balls meant for joystick dads to slowly beat.
They better make actual Vanduul not so shit.
>>
File: Eager.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Eager.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>161585542
>>
>>161563401
What kind of s1 guns are those?
>>
>>161586641
M3As
>>
File: A2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
A2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>161574637
I saw there's a window on the lower deck of the command module, what's down there?
>>
File: Open-Flightdeck0homework1.jpg (684KB, 2800x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Open-Flightdeck0homework1.jpg
684KB, 2800x1186px
>>161587336
Nav station if the old schematics are still valid.
>>
>>161586757
How many bathrooms, stoves, and beds are there? This is very important.
>>
>>161587584
heh, yeah, but I'm asking exactly because those are the old schematics :P
>>
Man, I wish we could swap out one of the beds in the cutlass for a kitchen. would be max comfy
>>
>>161587817
>heh, yeah, but I'm asking exactly because those are the old schematics :P

But then you would have mentioned that.
>>
>>161588017
>kitchen
>in your rampaging murder piracy ship of death
Please fly into a blackhole
>>
>>161586185
>>161586389
>>161586274
He was also a terrible pilot using terrible weapons, those plasma shotguns are unmitigated garbage. They're S3 and I would literally rather have a single s1 badger than a pair of those.
>>
File: Top.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Top.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>161586757
Is there another S1 on top top of the command module? They had it in the previous ship shapes but I don't know if it made the cut.
>>
>>161588102
It's a freighter, its a rough, pirate friendly freighter, but still, just a freighter. The Starfarer is literally more murdery, particularly the Gemini.

He wants to know how much RP shit there is because the cat is one of the better candidates for a RP friendly "houseship"
>>
December 18th cannot come soon enough.
>>
File: 1383187193995.jpg (17KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1383187193995.jpg
17KB, 460x276px
>>161588075
>someone says they have the new model and are answering questions
>well in the version they threw in the garbage 2 years ago it was this
>obviously I want the current design
>how was I supposed to know?
>>
>>161588346
Guiys were gonna get 3.0 by the end of the year still right???
>>
>>161588102
>>in your rampaging murder piracy ship of death
Some of us just want to be NEET's in space.
>>
>>161588346
why
>>
>>161588102
Nigga theres more to life than microwave burritos, I just wanna kidnap people and force feed them my pirate cuisine.
>4 beds on a 3 person ship
>>
>>161588424
It's accurate to say we'll have 3.0 in a certain form before the holiday break.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (133KB, 830x515px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
133KB, 830x515px
>That ending of ATV
>Make sure to tune in at 8 pm..oh
>>
>>161588305
>It's a freighter
Drake go and stay go.

Its a piracy ship, and considering its going to be cheaper and easier to use as a pirate ship out of the box in a profession where you're chances of losing your ship is infinitely higher than others its objectively the best ship we have right now for piracy. It even comes with two tractor beams just for stealing all that loot in a timely fashion which is going to be important as fuck.
>>
>>161588417
In the guy's defense, what a station is used for isn't easy to tell from just walking around and sitting in the chair. Who the fuck knows what those displays will do in-game?
>>
Still no luck finding the next 17 Draconis, but still looking. Actually having a lot of fun doing this. It's like exploration, except the potential payoff is a bunch of pissed off dads.

I did find something interesting, a station where every faction is handing out a ton of "Engage and Destroy [Faction Name] Pirates" missions, all for systems <10ly away. I've never really paid much attention to the destroy pirates missions before, and the way they're formatted, they're just a faction name with 'Pirates' slapped on the end. In the target faction for each mission, there's two listed, the base faction for the mission, and then 'Pirates'. Anyone care to explain if this means anything? Are pirate factions just pirates that happen to be in the area of the given faction? If so, why is the base faction listed as a target as well?

How do potential bases with skimmers factor into this? Can pirates have planetary outposts? If not, since the base faction is listed, could their skimmers count anyway?

I'd go test myself but I have to run for a bit, if anyone wants to check it out, it's in HYADES SECTOR IC-U C3-11 System, Malcolm Station.
>>
>>161588510
> NEET's in space.
Mustang Beta

Its even named after you anon!

>>161588648
>>4 beds on a 3 person ship
Boarding party member
>>
>>161588783
Well the thing is we don't know if there's still a station down there or not because we haven't seen that area, which is why I was curious ^^
>>
I was just flying home and three hornets with UEE logo stopped me. They tried to greet me, and I ignored them like I usually do with strangers. I know not to talk to strangers, I'm 36 btw. They asked me who I voted for and I said "that's none of your business." That's when things got bad. They said go back to Terra. I said I'm white. They said technically everyone is from Terra. I said I've never been there. They asked me if I knew who are the Banu . I said yes he's the noodles bowl with the cute face. That's when they pulled my cargo door up from the front of my ship, which pulled my guns (size 1) and hardpoints into my hull. I asked them why they were doing this and they said because it's legal now its legal for them to do this and they were going to take away my Life Time Insurance that I already can't afford or figure out how to sign up for. What's happening to UEE. My wife's four year old say all this to me, btw. I'm just repeating it.
>>
>>161588758
M8, it's a freighter, you can use it for piracy, it'll be good it it too provided you have a cutlass or two handy to provide extra punch. But objectively a freighter is what it is. Its a big boxy ship which is 1/4 engines 1/4 living/operational space and 1/2 cargo bay. Its gonna be used as much for legal transit, smuggling and exploration as much as it is for piracy.
>>
>>161588931
Fair point. Hopefully that guy'll clarify. Hopefully I'll be in the PTU so I can take thousands of pictures of the Herald and Caterpillar to answer all those questions.
>>
has anyone at CIG talked about how travel will ultimately work?
i'd honestly kill myself if it was like ED where basically 60% of the game is spent pumping your brakes in hypercruise
>>
>>161589173
>M8, it's a freighter
Thats like saying an avenger is a freighter because it can carry cargo. The Cutlass is a shit freighter. Judge it by what its made for not what it could do, which is piracy, which it is objectively better at than other ships in its class.

You are also forgetting the piracy tools are not in the game yet and since the Cutlass is the dedicated piracy vessel you can expect it to be rebalanced to use those tools better than other ships in its class.
>>
>>161587612
There's at least 8 beds, a small stove unit in the mess hall as well as a restroom next to it, but there's apparently an entire lower deck section in the command pod, no one can reach because the ladder is glitched, that looks to have a second living area in.

Also, the tractor beam room doubles as a observation deck if you want to talk comfy.
>>
>>161589534
It'll work a lot like it does now: pick a place to travel to, activate quantum drive, and it'll dump you out close to the target unless you get pulled out in transit by some kind of assholes, or someone being too close to your intended path. From edge of system to edge of system it'll take 10 minutes as the goal, but much less than that usually, since you're not exactly going from Sol to Pluto.
>>
>>161589173
>M8, it's a freighter
Not to be 'that guy' but a freighter is a vessel designed to carry a large amount of cargo in bulk, the Cutlass is not designed for that. It can carry cargo, but that isnt its primary purpose. I also dunno why you are arguing this, Chris has said Drake are the pirate faction, no matter what they will be balanced around being the best pirate ships. They may not be the best right now in theory, but in practice you can expect Drake to be the choice for pirate players once features are in and the game can actually be balanced into roles and gameplay.
>arguing about ships and their abilities when most will get redesigned in a year anyway
>>
>>161589579
>Judge it by what its made for not what it could do, which is piracy, which it is objectively better at than other ships in its class.

Not that anon, but "piracy" is an abstract.

Its merely dogfighting for a different purpose, and requires a hold for the booty.

Up until now (the current Cutlass) there has never been an explanation of how or why 2 Cutlasses would be better than a Super Hornet / Sabre and a Hull A.
>>
>>161589534
Most of travel will be auto piloted QT or manual Aftercruise to navigate though or around obstacles.

Star to Star jump points will be manually flown if they're unmapped or autopiloted if they are well known.

The longest single leg travel you'll do will be from on side of a star system to the other at .2c which has been estimated to ake from 45 minutes to an hour depending on system. They say they figure the entire universe will take ~20 hours of continuous flight to cross but actually going from one side to the other non stop is something you'll never do unless you specifically want to.
>>
>>161589592
>at least 8 beds
There are 4 in the habitation area and that's it, unless there are more on the lower deck in the command module.
>>
>>161589579
>>161589820
Ah hell, I got my comment thread mixed up, I thought we were talking about >>161587612 (Caterpillar) but I goofed and replied to a comment about >>161588017
(Cutlass).

Yeah the Cutlass is a fat fighter with a cargo hold, wandering into gunship territory by the looks of the rework, My bad.

I have one to operate as an assault boat from my polaris.
>>
>>161590241
>we went this long talking about the wrong ships
/scg/ - wrong ship general
>>
File: 1480630702781.png (250KB, 1520x984px) Image search: [Google]
1480630702781.png
250KB, 1520x984px
It sucks that we can't use Vanduul weapons, and how there's only 3 of them in the game so far.
>>
don't expect an answer on the Cat's scm speed anytime soon, the pilot seat is bugged in such a way that you can't actually make the thing go forward and see the hud at the same time. Best guess while screwing around with strafe in decouple mode is 110 scm. No idea for afterburner because all the large ships run out of boost fuel before they can reach max speed. The all important "gear shift" function that will switch a ship to fuel-less cruise speed still hasn't been added yet. They're mostly focusing on star marine at this early stage of patch testing.
>>
Flight mechanics detailed in ATV sound pretty decent to me.
x For boost (2ndary thruster power).
shift for AB up to CRU speed but with manouverability limtied.
I still want to know though if I can boost up to CRU then decouple and rotate freely whilst still travelling at my CRU velocity on that vector.
>>
>>161589985
even with the ladder broken you can see there are beds in that room no one can get to yet.
>>
File: 1439240086567.png (823KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1439240086567.png
823KB, 1280x905px
>>161577627
if there's no cuise mode, and maintaining cruiselike speeds uses fuel, how am I supposed to traverse the Yela field to grimhex?
say goodbye to comfy cruises where I can get up and walk around, or enjoy the view from a turret?
>>
>>161590921
You can't be in cruise mode while decoupled obviously, since fuel is being burned at like 1% per second. You won't be able to cruise in 1 direction using your main engine while facing the opposite direction.

The closest thing would probably be to press C/DC and spin around quickly while still moving backwards at high speed.
>>
>>161590604
>Vanduul weapons, and how there's only 3 of them in the game so far.
you mean the ship weapons or the handheld ones?

because they are making a big deal of 'touch a Vanduul knife and they come for you' so i imagine you can use their handheld weapons
>>
>>161590829
>all the large ships run out of boost fuel before they can reach max speed

kek. To be expected, really.

>The all important "gear shift" function that will switch a ship to fuel-less cruise speed still hasn't been added yet

I think that's not going even going to happen, and all that they meant by it in ATV was that when you let go of the button you'll maintain the speed you were at, and consume the "default" amount of fuel that comes with not accelerating any more.

Try it with a different ship. Afterburn a tiny bit, let go of the button, and see how fast your fuel ticks down.
>>
>>161591137
Fair enough. So decoupled is now truley a utility for SCM and PRE, i.e for manouvers.
>>
>>161591126
They tell you in the video, once you hit max speed you can let go of the afterburners and your speed is maintained
>>
>>161591217
The last Subscriber's Town Hall show basically went over the Vanduul ground weapons and that German weapon designer said they had 3 of them in the game, and the plan was to not let players use them (but that could change in time).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKH1B1p9TgM

>>161591348
I'm not an avocado, but I watched AtV. He showed the ship trying to turn at flank speed and it was slow (like in cruise mode). I'm just using logic, because you see the top right of his HUD, the fuel gauge was going from 100% to 96% at one point. Logically speaking, if you are cruising, you don't use fuel, you would be maintining momentum through a vacuum. So since it *is* using fuel, it means that a constant button push is required for afterburners. And continuing logically, if you are using AB to maintain top speed using main engines, you can't decouple and fly backwards since your thrust comes from your main engine.

It looks like it's now working like quantum fuel, which is going to suck, but also legitimize the refueling profession mechanic that's coming to the PU.
>>
>>161591126
I think the idea is sort of like how the flight mode button in 2.5 will put you in precision mode if you're under a certain speed and cruise if you're over a certain speed. You'll use AB (burning boost fuel in the process) to speed up and then once you hit a target speed you can gear shift into a special cruise mode that will hold that speed without burning fuel or needing to hold a button down. Like cruise control on a car.

They're doing it this way so that Cruise mode won't be a magic no resource dependent 0 to 1000m/s getaway button like it is in 2.5
>>
>>161591462
>once you hit max speed you can let go of the afterburners and your speed is maintained
While using fuel. Look at the top right of the HUD. Left is throttle, middle is speed, right is fuel consumption.

>>161591718
Scratch that, it wasn't the town hall. Hang on...
>>
>>161591217
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnPrz48kB78
>>
>>161591718
The way i'm thinkign it through-
You AB up to cruise, AB is no longer accellerating you but is burning fuel at a slow rate to maintain velocity - you can barely turn. You decouple now, your speed starts bleeding immediately (because no more main engine thrust) - but you can now rotate, and potentially AB towards a new vector, until you reach cruise velocity in that direction.
tl:dr i'm guessing you can still re-vector from near cruise speed -> cruise cruise speed with decouple and AB.
>>
File: 3524fsa524.png (49KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
3524fsa524.png
49KB, 500x599px
Return of the glorious /edg/ crusade when?
>>
>>161592141
>You decouple now, your speed starts bleeding immediately (because no more main engine thrust) - but you can now rotate, and potentially AB towards a new vector, until you reach cruise velocity in that direction.
Yes exactly.

It's good / interesting, but I want to be able to cruise without using fuel which is newtonian. They brag about newtonian physics and yet they nerf short-range travel, it's stupid.
>>
File: 1479828497806.jpg (131KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479828497806.jpg
131KB, 640x960px
Does the new speed changes/flight system in 2.6 makes it any better for M/KB or Joysticks?

I'd imagine the lower speeds makes joysticks more viable because you dont need to have parkinson to aim with them, but also makes it easier for people with M/KB to aim.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>161591847
Well yeah but fuel was always going to be used when traveling even if cruise mode was kept.
>>
>>161592259
I know. Tbh though they need to establish a need for fuel mechanics, and I bet the cruise speed fuel burn will be at a very slow rate, because theyre not gonna want to nerf people buzzing around objects like Yela, seeing as theyve put work into events in large areas like that.
>>
STRONG WOMAN STAR MARINE ANNOUNCER

SHE MAKES THE RULES
SHE RULES THE GAME
>>
>>161592302
>I'd imagine the lower speeds makes joysticks more viable
Looks like stickbabies win again.

Whine about SuperHornets having gimbals, then all gimbals get a weapon size reduction. Now everything is babbymode speeds.
>>
>>161591718
>So since it *is* using fuel, it means that a constant button push is required for afterburners.

Illogical and wrong.
>>
>>161592302
I don't see it providing a bias to either control method. Slower speed at SCM in my mind = easier aiming for all. Though it sounds like, despite SCM speeds being lowered, dogfights will have more options / variation and perhaps even more speed due to AB use.
>>
>>161592541
I find it funny because it sounds more like the sexy female robot voice used because horny working men don't want to hear another guy telling them what to do.
>>
>>161592541
Wules.
>ftfy
Also she's a hottie
>>
File: 1479842927520.jpg (2MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1479842927520.jpg
2MB, 2000x3000px
>>161592618
Well, didn't CIG tell us many years ago that they want to make M/KB and Flightsticks to be as equal as possible in terms of dogfighting?

I actually like this because I find flying with sticks to be a lot more fun than with M/KB.
>>
>>161592701
You can't use your engines to fly north at top speed, while facing your engines in the opposite direction towards south.

If you could face the opposite direction, why would you still be using fuel to fly backwards if your engine is facing the wrong way?

Can you drift backwards down the highway at 100km/h while engaged in 1st gear?
>>
Is there gonna be a pre-load for 2.6 or do I have to wait until 8th december to download?
>>
>>161592302
slight increase in viability of non gimballed weapons for everyone, but youre still neutering yourself using anything but keyboard regardless of how flight system and speed changes

stick is for planes not space ships
>>
>>161592980
>Can you drift backwards down the highway at 100km/h while engaged in 1st gear?
Do you even Tokyo Drift?
>>
>>161592302
Yes. It is much easier to hit shit now, which caused them to drastically up TTK again. Even vanduul drone ships take minutes of sustained fire to destroy with small guns. Missile hit super easy now, but even S2s are like gentle tickles Discord is full of fuckers cheerleading the new system because *Muh WWII Dawgfitan in Space*
>>
>>161592980
I could if that highway was leading to a blackhole
>>
>>161593042

HOTAS is for planes not ships

Dual stick + pedals is for ships
>>
>>161592980
I just meant the part about a constant button push, the computer takes over.
I agree that your main thruster/thrusters will have to be working to maintain that speed (even if that's silly irl).
>>
>>161593042
>using anything but keyboard
I'd say stick(or throttle)+mouse will end up being supreme.
>>
>>161593149
>*Muh WWII Dawgfitan in Space*
pls dont say this

it hurts my soul for people to think SC has good aerial tactics, its just BnZ for days
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15OyLB6nCvY
>>
>>161593171
No, but I could if I kept my foot on the clutch.
>>
>>161592943
You're right, I was just baiting. I hope stickbros get to have fun too!

Also to anyone that might be interested, I just got a Battletech kickstarter update.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/1745111
>>
>>161593326
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Q17tTswnE
>>
>>161592980
no, but you can do a 180, fly forward at 100m/s, decouple, do another 180, and achieve that thanks to space
>>
>>161593028
you can download the patch right now. read thread.
>>
>>161592943
dats some fine ass
also agreed
>>
>>161593149
>>161593280
>aerial
>AERIAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-iepu3EtyE
>AIR
>EEL

Were in space, niggers of course WW2 dogfighting rules don't apply, aircraft cant strafe sideways or alter AoA and horizon at will.

There will be atmo flight, and those tactics will apply to some extent there, but it will be a lot more like helicopter combat that jet fighter combat.
>>
>>161593172
hotas with a ministick on the throttle is a good middleway imho
>>
>>161593618

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3SCUu1wfJQ
>>
>>161594789

Whoops, wrong thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-i8ebC-Xjg
>>
>>161594789
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvqXCK9tD7o
>>
>>161594589
>the point
>your head
The point is that the level of 'tactics' in SC is no where near that of WW2 battles, and saying 'SC is wanna-be WW2' battles is like saying Mario Kart is wanna-be MGS battles.
>>
>>161594920
No, no, no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrHCn69rppg
>>
>>161594702
If you wanna fly comfortable with a freight ship or doing exploration, then HOTAS with a analog thumbstick on the throttle is very good, but in a dogfight you'll want dual joystick because of the rapid speed changes and more direct control on all 6 directions. A throttle is too slow for rapid manouvering for that many DOFs.
>>
File: SpaceJousting.jpg (137KB, 544x800px) Image search: [Google]
SpaceJousting.jpg
137KB, 544x800px
Will this patch finally fix the retarded space jousting combat?
>>
>>161595653
no
>>
>>161595367
Black stars?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpmAD4gcLMo
>>
File: 1480371002479.png (156KB, 362x259px) Image search: [Google]
1480371002479.png
156KB, 362x259px
>>161595653

no

enjoy your monoboat jousting hornetniggery amped up to the 11th degree
>>
>>161595653
No, because they havnt realized the ships accelerate and slow down way too fast

They need to reduce forward and backwards movement so maneuvering in other directions is actually important
>>
>>161595653
>retarded space jousting combat?
Space combat has 4 options
1. Space jousting
2. Turn fighting
3. Broadsiding (fat, slow ships)
4. Actual maps that require you to maneuver your mass around them or crash into things and no what 'maps' we have now with stuff in the doesn't count because it has about 1/100 the amount of clutter it needs.

SC is only ever going to have 1 and 3. So either get used to space jousting or get into a fat ship.
>>
File: muh 900 trillion.jpg (630KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
muh 900 trillion.jpg
630KB, 1920x1080px
Post balance and if you're dead inside.

>930 million.
>Yes.
>>
>>161597149
1 mil.
Yes.
>>
File: 1479948956278.gif (1MB, 278x214px) Image search: [Google]
1479948956278.gif
1MB, 278x214px
>>161597149
>500 Million
>absolutely
>>
>>161596301
>and no what 'maps' we have now with stuff in the doesn't count because it has about 1/100 the amount of clutter it needs.
all you need to do is lure enemies into the crapfield and use it against them. either you win because they can't maneuver, or you both have a fun time because they can
>>
>>161597149
>Just over 1bil
>I've been dead inside so long I've forgotten what it means to be alive.
>>
>>161596301
>Turn fighting

Can't circle strafing be considered that?
>>
>>161597739
>>161597372
>>161597149
Do I have to enter second job mode to make this kind of dosh?
>>
>>161598457
I made most of mine (800m out of 1bil) from doing the Draconis 17 thing and the one like it before. We're looking for a new one.
>>
>>161598457
I made it all through exploits. Sothis, Ceos, 17 Draconis, etc.

I have like 300 hours playtime.
>>
I flew all the way to Maia in an FDL with 12 ly range.
Bought Meta Alloys.
Flew back to the bubble into Farseer.
When I arrive at the station my cargo hold is fucking EMPTY.

I just sat there staring at the outfitting screen for a good 3 minutes.

Fucking 1 hour wasted doing literally nothing.
If I didn't have 950 million in the bank I'd have uninstalled right now.
>>
File: YEEAA!!.jpg (106KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
YEEAA!!.jpg
106KB, 1920x1080px
Goddamnit is 17 Draconis over now? I swear to Space Christ I miss all of the schemes for one reason or another. I've BEEN playing legit for like 400 hours, I have a nearly A-Python, an A-Asp, and a Combat Viper but I want that 'Conda without going broke the first time I pile it in somewhere!

Braben plz...
>>
Page 10, the final frontier
>>
>>161605118
Pretty much
>>
>>161558484
>vid.me
How are you doing video photoshops?
>>
File: 1450300881922.png (1MB, 1358x757px) Image search: [Google]
1450300881922.png
1MB, 1358x757px
>>161605118
>Page 10, the final frontier
it's just a re-run i've seen 100 times
>>
>>161558681
it won't be the silky smooth 60FPS you see in any of these completely offline videos youre seeing, you can count on that one.

fingers crossed the entire game can manage to run like that @ 3.0 tho
>>
>>161606801
>x52 pro
All of my disgust.
>>
>>161602237
>>161597739
>>161597372
>>161597290
>>161597149

I don't even play ED but this "QUICK, EXPLOIT THE FUCK OUT OF THIS BEFORE THEY PATCH IT!" stuff is giving me serious Warframe flashbacks.

spoiler: the game died when they started patching all the exploits out and actually balancing the income from missions to force variety
>>
>>161607450
THE PROBLEM HERE IS THAT THERE'S NO FUCKING VARIETY
At least I'm only 70 hours in. Just trying out combat now.
>>
File: sMDRZgt[1].jpg (69KB, 982x547px) Image search: [Google]
sMDRZgt[1].jpg
69KB, 982x547px
>tfw we've hit faggot levels that shouldn't even be possible
>>
>>161607679
dios mio
>>
>>161607679
But why
>>
File: Alejandro.jpg (606KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Alejandro.jpg
606KB, 1920x1080px
>>161607679
YAMERO
>>
>>161607450
If you "just play the game normally", then most of the "late game" ships would take literally thousands of hours to unlock. This is not good game design, period. So people are desperate to find any and all tiny little "exploits" just to not have to grind for that thousands of hours. The dads will defend this game design to the death. No joke.

>>161607679
Why is this man dressed as Dee VA?
>>
File: 1455984626800.jpg (33KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
1455984626800.jpg
33KB, 313x313px
>>161608026
>>161607885
>>161607868
>>161607791
He's still online , no idea why he's doing it
>>
>>161607450
Well there is a strange phenomenon going on where half the player base wants the game to be something it isn't and the other half wants it to be an even more extreme version of what it is: An early 90's space trading game.

If Frontier wants to make an MMO they need to let players form guilds that matter in-game, store items, trade items/ships/mats, and include more group-centric game mechanics. If they want to make it a more 90's single player trading game then they need to stop patching exploits and let people play without having to log in to their servers. Or allow private servers. Both.

I enjoy playing the game but it does frustrate me that they are punishing people for playing in a way that THEY don't like. It follows the core rules of the game and currently it cannot harm other players in any way shape or form that is exclusive to this action.
>>
>>161608026
This p much, I didn't want to grind for 1000 hours, in 270 hours of gameplay I had only made like 75 million credits.

If an Anaconda takes like 300 million just to not be shit, I don't wanna play the game for 1000 hours just to enjoy the lategame ships.

Now that I have like 930 million though the game does feel kinda shallow in terms of having to work to buy stuff, I am trying to do Engineers upgrades for my ship, I want to make my FDLs jumprange anything higher than 14ly and I want to have dirty drives and what have you.
>>
>>161607679
I didn't think it could get worse than batgirl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjV7VcYMjHY
>>
>>161608297
It's very British of them.
>>
>>161608381
what;s wrong with her voice
>>
>>161608315
I guess I should consider myself lucky to have played before Frontier introduced Engineers. I unlocked the most "difficult" to unlock ships primarily through "exploits" such as Draconis, Robigo, etc. Maybe if one day the game allows offline play, or they've updated it enough so that it doesn't suck, I'll be able to return and enjoy the late tier ships that I unlocked.
>>
File: Oh Nito.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Oh Nito.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
>>161608425
I hear ya.
>>
anyone else playing 2.6 offline?
my character is invisible and ships have no huds. if i get off my ship i have no gun or space suit
also the star marine maps have tons of invisible areas where i just fall through
>>
>>161608451
>her
anon...
>>
>>161608607
A lot of the information is server-side, after all. Without the connection to the servers it's hopelessly incomplete.
>>
>>161608607
>download 2.6
>get your IP logged
>get your account banned for breaching their TOS

Why are you even spoiling it? Just wait for it to be ready to play, like 2 weeks.
>>
>>161608278
I'm actually assuming it's a lost bet or something
Easier this way
>>
File: v2hw6Z6[1].jpg (183KB, 1911x947px) Image search: [Google]
v2hw6Z6[1].jpg
183KB, 1911x947px
>>161607679
>>
>>161608781

I don't remember signing a NDA for that...
>>
>SQ42
>BotW
>Death Stranding
2017 gon' be gud
>>
File: 1453205883960.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
1453205883960.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>161609687

>SQ42
>2017
>>
>>161609687
>Bonnerlord
>>
>>161609618
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5fscye/looks_like_anybody_can_download_the_26_build_and/
>>
>>161608781
i hardly find it harmful. besides it not even my account and nobody uses it because the game will never be released.
>>
>want to do CZs
>make viper mk4
>rebuy cost is 400k
>can't really afford to die too many times
>need to make money as I run the CZs
>means I have to do massacre missions
>no rep with local factions
>need to do meaningless shit to rep up to be able to play the part of the game I want to try out without losing money
This local rep system is such bullshit.
>>
>>161609618
Technically checking a box that says you've agreed to an NDA is not legally binding as you did not agree to the terms of the contract with your legal name.

Account credentials are not legal entities.
>>
>>161607179
It is if you've got the rig for it.
>>
>>161609687
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLWFbYjtZ3Y
that trailer tho
kojima doing it again
>>
>>161611908
No Man's Sky has more gameplay than this movie.
>>
>tfw Will puts his hot bremen inside you
>>
>>161611908
It's like oscarbait but for games
Hannibal's face did look insane in that end shot "tho"
>>
>>161609958
The viper mk4 is VERY painful to use atm, it turns slowly and you'll die a lot. A well fitted eagle is better (the imperial eagle doesn't require rep grind): a fixed multicannon or regular cannon with 2 fixed pulses, you'll have to git gud but you'll be thankful you did
>>
>>161609958
Viper MKIV is hot garbage, don't fall for it.
>>
>>161612021
>Bremen is about agriculture because lol brahmin!

nvm dropped
>>
>>161609958
What other anons said.

I managed to go from Mk3 to Vulture in 1 day of relaxed High-sec RES-killing.
>>
>>161612643
>>161612729
>>161612969
Fuck.
>>
>>161613016
http://www.hozbase.co.uk/elitedangerous/bountyhuntingsystems/distancefrom/sothis/300
Eh, just look up some bounty hunting system close to you and start killing shit in high intensity RESes. Police will help you if it's a high security system, so you'll only have to shoot that wanted anaconda for 10% of its hull points and fuck off to get like 200k.
>>
File: tallyside90.jpg (1MB, 5400x2700px) Image search: [Google]
tallyside90.jpg
1MB, 5400x2700px
LIVE.

How long until I can pull most of the turrets off my tally and replace them with actual useful things?
>>
>>161614765
Possibly never. I suspect they'll pull some shit where they will claim manned turrets are a special case now and completely different from the normal hard point rules so you can't put a remote turret in their place. The cutlass flashfire mount will be memory-holed after the rework so that they don't have cutlasses flying around with S5 guns mounted on the top of them.
>>
what game is better StarCitizen or EliteDangerous?
>>
>>161614765
If turrets don't become viable the game doesn't really work though
>>
Tell me about Embed, Why does he EmbedEmbedEmbed

If I EmbedEmbedEmbed, will you Embed

It would EmbedEmbedEmbed, EmbedEmbed

Was getting EmbedEmbedEmbedEmbedEmbed
>>
>>161615327
The better question would be "which game actually exists" :^)
>>
>>161615327
What smells worse? half a bag of horse shit or a bucket full of cow dung.
>>
>>161613416
Question though. What's a RES?
>>
>>161615443
Really makes you think.....
>>
>>161615593
Resource Extraction site
>>
>>161615592
As a person who lived on a farm, I can tell you that horse shit smells worse. You kinda get used to cow dung when you milk them a lot. That's not a game analogy or anything though.

>>161615593
Resource Extraction Sites. You can find them near planets with belts (think Saturn).
>>
>>161615327
I put money into both. My idea was that I'd have a space game for now (Elite), and a space game for later (SC). Think of it like that.
>>
>>161615361
poorly located piss-ant S2 turrets are never going to be viable even if they could track targets as well as a gimbled ship. The TTK is so high a hornet would just laugh at them while jousting your ass.
>>
>>161611908
I'll never understand why people like hideo kojima games

the story and characters are always convoluted monstrosities
>>
File: Brabenvision 3d.jpg (52KB, 400x383px) Image search: [Google]
Brabenvision 3d.jpg
52KB, 400x383px
>>
>>161615593
Just for anyone who needs it:
RES = Resource Extraction Site
HRES/HazRES = Hazardous Resource Extraction Site
CNB = Compromised Navigation Beacon
>>
>>161616039
When should I start doing CNBs and HRESes? I have a 15m Vulture right now and I'm still a little wary of them.
>>
File: civvies.png (589KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
civvies.png
589KB, 1280x720px
>>161564868
I fucking loved the Trains and Transports in Freelancer.
>>
looking to back/buy this game soon. In a nutshell, what does it offer so far? When is the big 3.0 patch coming out? Does it support trackIR?
>>
File: 359320_20161126211822_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
359320_20161126211822_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>161616136
If you're a good pilot that can knows how to use that Vulture to run circles around the big ships you're ready for them. CNBs are harder than HazRES keep in mind though, pirates also turn on each other alot in there so its a good idea to wait and let a wing of them attack the other.
>>
File: tallyisonotes.jpg (637KB, 3000x1516px) Image search: [Google]
tallyisonotes.jpg
637KB, 3000x1516px
>>161615361
I don't want a remote turret, I want an alternate mount entirely.

>>161615361
Only one of them is well placed, and If I wanna slash the crew complement and use it for other roles turrets could be re-purposed. Other turrets could be come viable, but a turret with a shitty field of fire will always be shitty, but even if they were effective Im talking
about swapping them for other utility than just defensive fire.

This is all aftermarket mod type stuff, not changes to the default loadout or hull but simple part swaps that could be done by the owner to repurpose the shp.

Pic Related
Here's what I'm thinking:
>Turret 1
Keep it, the only really well positioned gun on the ship, covers a 360 arc half sphere.
>Turret 2
Replace turret with fixed S4 gun, gimballed S3 or twinlink S3, this is already done on cutlass and hornet.
>Turrets 3 and 4
Replace these with Pylon mounts, positioning wont let them fire forward, but perhaps they could equip Jammer pods(Ubiquitous real world bomber equipment) or rear facing missile racks slaved to the turret gunners controls.
>Turret 5
Replace this with a defensive minelayer to discourage pursuit or other similar defensive "dirty tricks" system.

Also the two lower engine pylons seems like a very obvious spot to stick a couple smallish missile pylons for the pilot. The constellation has like 90 missiles and a fighter I don't think a half dozen S2 missiles would be game breaking on the tally.
>>
>>161616608
>that can knows
that knows*
Long night.
>>
>>161615443
>>161615648
wtf I love Embed now?
>>
Meant first >>161616674 for >>161615219
>>
>>161616460
>In a nutshell, what does it offer so far?
You can fly around in space in a 16ish player instance at 20fps and buy clothes

>When is the big 3.0 patch coming out?
Eventually

>Does it support trackIR?
Not anymore.
>>
>>161615219
Cant memory hole something people bought for credit which they payed real money for.
>>
File: Hull_E_3_compflat.jpg (683KB, 1920x1292px) Image search: [Google]
Hull_E_3_compflat.jpg
683KB, 1920x1292px
>>161616395
Choo Choo
>>
>>161616830
why did it stop supporting trackIR?
>>
>>161617579
I think it was conflicting with the new first person camera system they're using. They say they'll put it back in eventually, but it's not a priority.
>>
>>161617579
>>161617635
For the same reasons they abandoned VR support for now, it was complicating development, so they set it aside until after SQ42 is done and the core game systems are in a more complete state, then they'll revisit it.

Basically its something only a small percentage of people are going to sue, so its pretty low of the dev time priority list. CIG has MANY things on backlog that are critical to the basic functions of the game and VR is not one of them. I wouldn't expect it until nearing the end of alpha at the earliest but to be honest its more likely an end of beta/post release project.
>>
>>161617906
>For the same reasons they abandoned VR support for now, it was complicating development, so they set it aside until after SQ42 is done and the core game systems are in a more complete state, then they'll revisit it.
desu that's the right thing to do. Star Citizen needs to focus its efforts and even though it sucks for TIR/VR people (I use TIR), it's for the best.
>>
Don't make me do it.
>>
>>161618386
I just want to tell you good luck. Were all counting on you.
>>
File: 1451698239305.jpg (30KB, 265x417px) Image search: [Google]
1451698239305.jpg
30KB, 265x417px
>>161618386
>>
File: warrior monk.jpg (75KB, 615x345px) Image search: [Google]
warrior monk.jpg
75KB, 615x345px
New [Embed]

>>161618646
>>161618646
>>161618646

It didn't have to be like this.
>>
>>161607679
>>161609116
can we maybe not do this? as a community? can we come together somehow and just do whatever it takes to make this not how the community is represented?
>>
>>161608315
>>161608559
The problem is really the fact that there's nothing to measure progress with other than bigger ships and bank account.

I mean I could play for "fun" but the most fun I had recently was strafing skimmers with missiles, and according to dads, that's an """""""exploit""""""". And when 17 draconis or a similar system isn't at war there are no missions that I find fun.

I just want varied gameplay that isn't copypasted missions, and doesn't force me to want to kill myself by puttering around in the cancer known as supercruise.
Thread posts: 755
Thread images: 129

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.