[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General 94

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 806
Thread images: 177

File: 1389668728045.jpg (39KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1389668728045.jpg
39KB, 720x480px
Black Friday time to upgrade your rig edition

Star Citizen information:
http://pastebin.com/NhBwT5Zk
>Jump point and SubArt megapack
https://mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw

>what's new
tons of shit, check RSI

>Latest ATV:
https://youtu.be/3rcWkqliP6A
>RTV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_NkFtAAPY
>Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy:
https://youtu.be/DhJ_mqKHywQ
>Referral code randomizer:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/htmlview
>Citizencon Demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Star Marine Demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW-f4ourFEc
https://community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
http://www.gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

old thread
>>160938956
>>
>Thread 94

Weren't we on 180 something??
>>
>>161049763
Last one was 93, anon.
>>
File: 1474020383080.jpg (182KB, 666x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474020383080.jpg
182KB, 666x450px
Also today's Galactic Tour video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vE6wrgZ3vw

Today's ATV is in the op.
>>
https://imperium.news/elite-dangerous-much-immersion-leads-drowning/
more and more of these are appearing
what will we call it when we drive the dads back in to the sea?
>>
>>161050181
What the fuck would it take to wake up Frontier anyway?
>>
>>161050326
star citizen becoming an actual game and literally everyone going to play that instead, except for a handful of brain donors who think flying in a straight line for minutes at a time is great, and who want an MMO where you never interact with other people. This is not a large demographic
>>
File: Avenger Renegade 3.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Avenger Renegade 3.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>161049968
I feel like the Gladius is more maneuverable than the Avenger while packing more modular armaments. The Avenger packs a cargo bay, however, and seemingly better armor, making it a more rounded choice. I enjoy flying both, but like the Avenger a little more.
>>
File: 1464643955610.jpg (408KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1464643955610.jpg
408KB, 1280x1280px
https://imperium.news/elite-dangerous-much-immersion-leads-drowning/

>But, of course, I’m probably wrong. These “realism” based, “immersion” based decisions are what’s going to bring players. The players don’t want to have fun, they want to have a job in space. They don’t want to interact with each other, they want to fly their spaceship in a straight line for minutes and sit back as their ship flies in a straight line for 45 minutes to Hutton Orbital and say “yes, I am a space trucker in real life now. I can feel it!”
>>
>>161050015
>You rhye nal
What the actual fuck.
>>
>>161050835
Ok but i do hope SC has some level of tedium and inconvenience just because it makes the world feel bigger. it's a part of what made vanilla wow good imo. also a part of what made people actually interact.
>>
>>161050181
>>161050851
I actually posted this article on the forums

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/310684-Elite-Dangerous-too-much-immersion-leads-to-drowning

Come watch the Dads shit there pants.
>>
>>161050993
I agree 100%, nobody likes "world" of queues and teleports. But endless stretches of flying in which you are literally just going in a straight line, not even touching the controls, and you just wait, is terrible. For all the shit about wanting to be space truckers, driving is at least somewhat engaging.
>>
>>161051017
That was quick. They're already replying.
>>
>>161050993
>Some level

Already has that, and they applied it properly. For example, want to go to Grim Hex station? Jumping there takes maybe 20 seconds at most. 10 seconds to jump to ICC probe, 10 seconds to jump to Yela. But to actually fly to the station hidden in the asteroids? It takes a couple of minutes to fly through the asteroid belt of Yela. That's how inconvenience should be addressed in video games. Because with that large player area, you can potentially set up other systems such as hauling routes.
>>
File: 1339897002596.jpg (303KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1339897002596.jpg
303KB, 500x669px
>>161051017
How dare you attract dad attention to a well written article from a fan decrying the biggest problems with the game. Now they're going to harass him into oblivion and it's your fault.
>>
We're getting mechs, right?
>>
>>161051487
Power Armor
>>
File: tK6DKvS.png (208KB, 400x373px) Image search: [Google]
tK6DKvS.png
208KB, 400x373px
>>
>>161051017
>He doesn't like the game, I hope they tailor the game to us and not him

Why can't this faggot get drafted and die?
>>
>>161051017
Why are these old men so afraid of human interaction and challenge?
>>
>>161051017
jesus christ, is this the level of discourse on the frontier forums?
>how dare they voice dissent!
>>
>>161052219
Pretty much. The forums are filled with subhumans. I don't want to ever get involved with SC's forums. From the carefully selected examples I've seen I can already tell they're subhumans too.
>>
>>161052414
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/310662-No-Atmosphere
fucking jesus
>>
>>161051017
This is a form of griefing
>>
>>161051510
All we have to do is put a gun on top of that mining walker.
Bam
Battle Walker/Strider/Mech.
>>
>>161052414
I regularly question whether ftroop or blizzard has the more insufferable fans.
It's one thing to like eating shit, but at the same time acknowledge you're eating shit and you could be eating not shit, but right now shit is the only thing available to eat. It's an entirely other thing to be in denial about eating shit which the dads are.
>>
>>161051017
>Fucking dad's saying
>He just wants an arcade style game not a simulation!
No, we want to enhance the simulation by actually having meaningful interaction with other players throughout the game to give the galaxy a better sense of being alive and giving us more options.
But these fucking idiots somehow see that "detrimental" to immersion when it would only enhance it for anyone with half a fucking brain.
>>
>>161053674
One of the first responses even pointed out that Elite is really arcadey and not really a simulation.

But of course that gets lost in the echo chamber and no one wants to or is capable of arguing against it.
>>
File: 1479963569367.jpg (107KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1479963569367.jpg
107KB, 1440x810px
>>161053330
>Genuinely like what E:D offers
>Still think it could do with a multitude of QoL changes and improvements
>Game needs alot more options in interacting with the world and other players
>Everytime Frontier makes a good decision towards these goals its hampered because they still listen to these fucking dads on the forums
If they just gave them the finger and focused on making it a sim thats not tedious and has legitimate multiplayer elements they would be completely and utterly golden. I'm fully expecting these faggots to get Massacre and settlement assault type mission payouts nerfed because its good pay for the best thing about the game and actually requires risk for making money quickly (depending on your ship of course)
BUT NO WE CAN'T HAVE RISK AND REWARD. ACCORDING TO THESE FUCKS REPETITION AND TEDIUM SHOULD BE THE ONLY LEGITIMATE WAY TO MAKE MONEY
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>161053997
>ACCORDING TO THESE FUCKS REPETITION AND TEDIUM SHOULD BE THE ONLY LEGITIMATE WAY TO MAKE MONEY
This is honestly the most disgusting thing about dads.
It makes you the epitome of a fucking complete manchild when you think your way is the only right way and should be the only one catered to; every other way should be fucked over.
If FDev never takes the risk of losing this % of their playerbase by breaking the mold these fucks keep trying to enforce we'll be stuck in a stale mold indeed. I'm holding on to the hope that The Commanders is the big step in the right direction. Its something they've always said they want to add since the beginning, its the next expansion around the corner, and the dad's are already bitching about it while so far FDev has had no response to their bitching about The Commanders.
>>
>>161053997
Elite is a game with amazing potential that is let down by questionable design decisions and terrible development practices.

If I worked for Fdev it would take every ounce of self control I have to not go off on the dads, telling them to stop defending our fuckups.
>>
>>161053997
Game will keep me in because all the big boy changes of the next patch are to combat and will bring alot more viable setups to the table. I'm sure forumfags are already frothing at the mouth
>>
>>161054612
>Go off on the dads

If I worked at FDev I would be putting all my effort into getting these terrible decisions reversed.
>>
File: 1472088491371.jpg (166KB, 927x859px) Image search: [Google]
1472088491371.jpg
166KB, 927x859px
>>161054719
>>161054612
If I worked at FDev I'd do BOTH
Tell them to fuck off and reverse the shit they influenced
>>
>>161054832
>Both

Nah. Best thing to do would be to convince them that this is the best train of thought and keep them funding the game. Because at this point, they must be the only ones funding the game. Otherwise Frontier wouldn't be picking up other games like Roller Coaster Tycoon.
>>
>>161054909
They evidently have all the funding they need from them. Get the rest of it from the players that actually want to pick up your game when you start designing the game for people who actually like fun.
>>
>>161054909
>>161054992
Let all come full circle. The dads have funded FDev to this point and then some so far for E:D since they also have put out Planet Coaster
Planet Coaster has exploded as being the new and improved RCT, especially with big streamers like DansGaming getting really into it which is free advertisement to thousands. That has to be making them good dosh right now and isn't really a game that needs anything else added to it with how seamless the integration of the Steam Workshop is with it.
Focus efforts on E:D away from dads now with those dollarydoos.
>>
File: 1448508190713.jpg (16KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
1448508190713.jpg
16KB, 500x349px
is there any current non-nerfed way to grind imperial ranks right now?
I've been trying stacked massacres for imperial factions but stacking takes forever now
>>
>>161055427
Stacked Massacres is easily the fastest way still, with the occasional settlement generator or skimmer destruction.
Does stacking take forever? It went by relatively fast to me but combat is the only way I get lost in this game so my perspective may be a bit warped. Could depend on ship or how modded out you are.
>>
>>161055564
I just can't seem to get the missions to show up. It doesn't help that depending on the type of station it can take up to a minute to open the menu and flip from open to solo
>>
File: Imperial_Eagle_on_pad.jpg (746KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Eagle_on_pad.jpg
746KB, 1920x1200px
Since I'm done ranting I have a question for SC folks.
As an E:D player SC is the thing I've always kept on an eye as the ship on the horizon I jump to if E:D never evolves from its current state when SC releases or is at least near completed. Right now I prefer E:D's flight model and combat pace but SC's is still very solid and is shaping to have more actual game behind it so that would be the main deal breaker to me.
The main question though is M+KB really as superior as people we're saying the other day? I personally use controller in E:D which works perfectly with some fast keyboard presses but from the reasons I saw M+KB seems like the way to go for SC because of how gimbals and lateral movement works. Will I need to adjust to M+KB if I want to be a serious combatant?
>>
>>161055656
>I just can't seem to get the missions to show up
Thats odd, every warring system I go to usually has the factions at war offer 1-2 of them to start out and then they start offering them in droves with higher pay the more rep I get off of doing them. Could probably chalk it up to Mission Server fuckery unfortunately.
>>
>>161055909
I've used a controller for SC it works ok, the controls do have a learning curve to them. I"m not sure if you will be the best pilot ever but you can be competitive.
>>
File: they nerfed the trial.png (226KB, 860x280px) Image search: [Google]
they nerfed the trial.png
226KB, 860x280px
Forty-Forth for EVE: Online
>>
>>161056143
>they nerfed the trial
Explain. I was going to at least give it a whirl because how could it hurt to do so when its free.
>>
>>161055909
if you want to play a fighter as a space-plane, fixed guns work and should probably work better with stick, etc, as well as flying the very large ships i imagine would be comfy with a stick

but SC is omnidirectional movement. unless you want to add several modifier keybinds to allow these movements to be possible on stick, it's not working too well for you. youre removing half of your mobility options by flying most ships with stick.

aiming wise, it's a matter of comparing a f18 flight sim with fixed guns to a FPS where aiming can be as fast as your mouse allows. gimbal mounted guns instantly move with your mouse and allow for free aiming while moving your ship seperately

TLDR, yes, m/kb user has the advantage currently unless they nerf gimbals to the point where fixed guns are the only option. and then they still have more intuitive mobility control.
>>
>>161056143
On one hand I like what they're trying to do. Hopefully more players will rejoin for frigate fun and breathe some life back into it.
On the other hand as a former 2007 player with access to pretty much every ship, being limited to battlecruisers just seems too restrictive for my taste. But then I spent most of my time in a covops, or my prowler.
>>
File: 1475728055902.jpg (50KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
1475728055902.jpg
50KB, 456x628px
>Even the livery panders to the dads with the sheer amount of them available for the Cobra and ASP E
I just want an FDL body kit Frontier. You made a good bit of the Vulture one look good which I wasn't expecting so I want to see what you could do with an FDL.
>>
>>161056143
when does eve online gameplay become a MMO and not this weird space point and click RTS i've been playing for a few hours?
>>
>>161056190
you can F2P indefinitely but many skills are limited now, like you can only pilot ships of the race your clone is now
>>
>>161056190
It's not a real nerf.
The trial now is pretty much just a free account that's a bit more limited than the trial used to be. Though at the same time not really because there is no way anyone would have the SP to properly fly the best ships the old trial would allow in 2 weeks.
>>
>>161056001
I went to a station where the imperial faction is in control, and here they're handing massacres out like candy. go figure
>>
>>161056190
Reduced skill training speed, trial account skill list is significantly smaller, level cap on most skills
Basically, trial accounts can't train out of a shit income

The old trial account only lasted 27 days, but you could earn enough ISK to buy a PLEX during that
It takes a longer than that with the new system, significantly longer if you aren't]t killing yourself inside
But you aren't limited to 27 days, and your limited skill list has most of the essential PvP skills available
So the new trial system gimps players harder, but is more player friendly
>>
>>161056417
When you start doing shit with other people instead of doing tutorials and mining by yourself.
>>
>>161056417
As soon as you start taking advantage of the chat box

The skill training being a harsher timegate than the economy is kind of weird, but
> this weird space point and click RTS i've been playing for a few hours?
no idea where you've gotten that impression, you certainly haven't been a Fleet Commander
>>
>>161056415
I may be an entitled millennial but I feel like Lifetime pass holders should get a monthly skin stipend.
>>
>>161056570
so it doesnt get any better than clicking things and waiting for stats and %'s to sort out results?

i see how it could get interesting with large fleet combat... This "gameplay" tho
>>
>>161056773
It would depend on what you consider lifetime. Because Horizons being a Season Pass didn't start out as being a Season Pass it was an entire edition of the game that even existing players originally had to buy into to access.
Eventually it obviously changed but like I said it would depend on which point in time FDev would consider life time it'd probably be the poor sods who actually paid $60 again
>>
>>161056812
To be honest, most of the game is shooting the shit with corp mates in IRC while barely focusing on the game in the background, while you have something else to do on the other monitor.
>>
>>161057140
Pretty much this. It's not exactly engaging, but damn is it comfy.
>>
>>161050851
This why I will never buy Elite: Egg Timer in Space.
>>
Did Coriolis fuck up the stats or is those resistances real. I can't imagine the difference between a 4D and 5D is 60 integrity and 17.5% of resistance to everything. Especially since its a Size 4 vs. Size 5
>>
>>161057454
Forgot pic
>>
>>161057454
>>161057537
Those are 100% fucked up stats. You're not getting resistances like that without Engineer tuning.
>>
File: 2JRG8Nb.png (1MB, 1901x1075px) Image search: [Google]
2JRG8Nb.png
1MB, 1901x1075px
>>161050993
That's the wrong line of thinking that led to angers, anger that lead to becoming a dad.

Take Idris filed with npc, everybody fucking want it and it have been confirmed so player can teleport into a npc body without the hassle of an actual queue,

what you want is convenience that don't look stupid, like needing to do 10 trucking missions to amass money rather than 1000 because VISION
>>
>>161058964
>10 trucking missions to amass money

and then what? Normal players reach their goals quickly and hardcore players reach them in a flash and thats it. Nothing else to do. No accomplishments when everyone is driving around in an idris in month 2. Some level of difficulty and time consuming tasks is a must.
>>
>>161058964
achievements have to be progressive. high end items must take MONTHS for them to be worth something.
>>
>>161058964
I'm just saying if you make things too quick and easy it becomes more boring not less.
>>
>>161058964
Nobody wants dad level shit. But if you make things TOO easy to obtain thats even more boring.
>>
>>161057537

Somebody misplaced a decimal point. Class 4D HRPs have 2% resistance, not 20.

20% resists would require a godly roll on a grade 5 heavy duty mod in both primary and secondary effects.
>>
>>161059123 >>161059276
Don't confuse progression and mindless grind.
You want to do trucking until you are satisfied with the gameplay and wish to do something else.
Change 10 by whatever you think fit but if at the 10th route you only do it because you are forced to grind, it mean the balance is fucked up

>>161059313
Again quickness isn't the problem
Waiting 10 hours to load cargo or to gather a crew is realistic but pointless. The only things you actually want is to have fun doing that so you can dismiss the 5 minutes cheat and think fondly of the hours of what was interesting.
The only reason to keep travel time to a minimum for example is to profit of the on-board stuff (and we will love npc doing the boring stuff for us)

>>161059439
I agree of course but there's easy and there's fake difficulty
ex : you want an epic mission to get a super-weapon, but you don't want it to be only available on night of red full-moon with a drop rate of 1/100th just because it's technically difficult.
>>
>>161060485
people are going to create their own grind, if x activity makes the most money, they are going to do it repetitively in order to be competent unless everything gives the same amount of money/rewards in which case people WILL grind the easiest activity
>>
File: actual shitposter.jpg (117KB, 800x359px) Image search: [Google]
actual shitposter.jpg
117KB, 800x359px
>>161060740
> people are going to create their own grind, if x activity makes the most money, they are going to do it repetitively in order to be competent unless everything gives the same amount of money/rewards in which case people WILL grind the easiest activity

And so what ? You would make the easiest activity take 100h to make enough money ? That's the thinking at the cause of E:D vision.
You don't want it to take a month to get high-end items, you want the player to have so much fun that they don't even want to speed rush to "the only thing fun".

You only have things take time if it's directly correlated to how much you appreciate it (you can't have a nice animation seating into your fighter if a click teleport you into it, but it mustn't take too long as well)

It's not my place to tell CiG their job but what you describe is why you make economy fluctuate and 80% NPC controlled. You want the player having fun going to the Market Center with a suit, immediately identify what make money or lead him where he want and do it.

> pict unrelated
>>
>>161061460
>100h
Enough money to what? Enough money to get low tier items? no its too much. mid tier equipment maybe. Godlike equipment not a chance. The progression needs to escalate.

> you want the player to have so much fun that they don't even want to speed rush to "the only thing fun"

thats just a dream that can only be accomplished if the highest tier activities are less rewarding than lower tier ones

there are plenty of games that offer instant gratification, an mmo isnt.
>>
File: Bullshit.webm (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.webm
56KB, 1280x720px
>>161060740
Dog Fighting is fun?
Shooting the space mans isn't fun?
Finding cool shit isn't fun?
Running an org isn't fun?

Fuck off back to Elite, Dad. Chris Roberts said there wont be progression or a +1 enchanted space ship to own.
>>
>>161061914
I am going to give you 1 chance to reword your post without exaggerating. When are capable of replying in a rational manner then shot me another message.
>>
File: 1473700688813.jpg (68KB, 720x529px) Image search: [Google]
1473700688813.jpg
68KB, 720x529px
>>161062091

fuck off, Prof. Dad.
>>
>>161061914
>Chris Roberts said there wont be progression or a +1 enchanted space ship to own.
Anyone who thinks this is bad is a fucktard
Progression was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.
having "Make numbers and bars get bigger" as your primary motivator is the cancer that killed MMORPGs
The draw of an MMO should be playing with other people. Having adventures and doing things in a big wide world with a bunch of other people you can make friends with and/or kill. Grinding to 'get to the endgame' is a pointless waste of content. There shouldn't be a grind and an endgame, there should just be a fucking game.
>>
>>161062225
>>161062225
kek
>>
>>161062430
>Progression was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

Nice opinion you got there. I guess it can be backed up by the enormous amount of no grind mmos out there such as.....
>>
File: 1476322768129.jpg (836KB, 2275x1630px) Image search: [Google]
1476322768129.jpg
836KB, 2275x1630px
>>161061673
arbitrary number for rhetoric purpose, it's surprising but none of us can instantly imagine a working balance.
ex :
A Hull-A doing legit trucking would take 1000h gathering money for an Idris, but 50h doing high-risk contraband flawlessly
Meanwhile a Hull-E doing legit trucking would take 50h but could be hill suited to contraband (can't pass a small jump gate)

> thats just a dream that can only be accomplished if the highest tier activities are less rewarding than lower tier ones

Let me raise your hope then, SC don't have tier leveling, a player in an Idris or Javelin don't have the same sort of fun than one in a fighter or an Prospector, and a prospector don't have the same priority with an Orion.
Big ship don't have to be less rewarding, they just have to cost more to operate.

MMO never offer "instant gratification" because most are paid with a subscription, they literally live of any time you waste and they keep you addicted by your emotional attachment to the stuff you spend hours grinding for (And there's a lot of power-leveling to hide that it's the same shit every level).
"instant gratification" is a pejorative buzz word for cheap phone game who have to be catchy.

You have been poisoned for too long is you think grind is the only way to play a game, Star Citizen is popular because it promise to stray away from that.
>>
File: Frontier Developments.jpg (248KB, 1436x998px) Image search: [Google]
Frontier Developments.jpg
248KB, 1436x998px
Just a reminder
>>
>>161062430
>having "Make numbers and bars get bigger" as your primary motivator is the cancer that killed MMORPGs

One of my biggest complaints about Fallout 3. Once they made the move to a FPS engine why do they need the XP bar? Why not make the setting and world really interesting? Stalker and Metro 2033/Last Light were good games that didn't have a stupid pen and paper advancement system unnecessarily strapped to them.
>>
>>161062876
but you do realize a lot of people enjoy the leveling system in the fallout games

thus the reason it is still being implemented
>>
>>161062869
What about CIG? Need same pic about them.
>>
>>161062782
well then you do as you want

if you want to just go and have fun with multiple fun activities thats great but dont expect to get the same rewards as the player whose end game is being efficient and amassing wealth by doing whichever activity is more profitable

because there WILL be high end highly sought after things wether it is an lti scythe or building the highest reputation with a certain faction
>>
>>161062869
>Glassdoor
>>
>>161063016

Okay, that system had a place in the older games (1&2). Because it wasn't the player pointing the gun and pulling the trigger I get that. But, lets talk about #4, the one where the neutered the leveling system where some people complained that skills were removed entirely replaced by perks. You think that they could have just removed all of that from the game and make it about what type of equipment and weapons you were packing instead of skills and perks?

Fallout 3 =/= Fallout 4
>>
>>161063160

From what we know there is only so much you can do and earn with a single operator ship. Eventually, you will have to get something intended for a crew and the game will change for you at that point.
>>
How the fuck did this become about grinding. original discussion was about how if an activity doesn't take a decent amount of time to complete it gets boring and feels meaningless. You don't need any fucking xp bars for that.
>>
>>161063209
yes they could have but people like perks and progression

even cod and minecraft have them because thats what most people want and it is a fantastic way to keep people playing your game
>>
File: idiots are as old as chess.jpg (121KB, 800x351px) Image search: [Google]
idiots are as old as chess.jpg
121KB, 800x351px
>>161061460
>>
>>161063434

COD baked them in after a while and so did Minecraft. I remember when Minecraft was just lego simulator. Minecraft still has creative mode! Call of Duty used to be just about shooting the mans, also no XP bullshit in the single player and if you go off Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw opinion that's all that matters.
>>
>>161063160
You certainly won't take on a Vaandul fleet with an Aurora (Operation Pitchfork will be fun), but you won't take on an Idris, even filled with npc, with a Super-hornet no matter how high-tier equipment you put on it.

Same as what I said for Trucking reputation building isn't a problem as long as it's fun all along and not DADS' VSION.
You shouldn't be forced to grind rep point until you can at least "play right", you should be getting reputation with a faction because it's fun to.

Said another way, a game shouldn't start getting good at the endgame.

>>161063397
Because meaningful = grind in the eyes of a dad.
You have Korean grinder on one side and you have players with a family who can't play 10h per day to grind for a Javelin, even wasting 1 hour to physically gather crews is pointless if you can teleport at will into npc crews and get the same result
>>
File: Current fleet.jpg (15KB, 129x190px) Image search: [Google]
Current fleet.jpg
15KB, 129x190px
This is my current fleet, what else should I buy while the sale is on guys?
>>
>>161064525
Friends to crew them for you.
>>
Please stop using words that you don't understand. It's embarrassing. If you feel like putting other people down and making yourself look like some super 'hardcore' gamer, at least come up with something interesting.

Let's go over what "Dad" means, in these threads, which unfortunately have to be shared with E:D posters.

"Dad" is the equivalent of an older, slower-paced gamer who play Elite: Dangerous. They are the type of people who like "grind". They want to take 1 hour to travel from A to B, and they vote against shortcuts, as demonstrated in the last community poll.

A "Dad" does not hate grind. Do you understand?

The next time you call someone "Dad" for wanting to skip something that is meaningless, tedious, or just plain shit, please be aware that you may well get ignored because you are an idiot.

Thank you for reading this public service announcement.
>>
>>161064525
This is your last chance to buy a Merchantman for $250, it'll be hitting a pretty significant price hike after this.
>>
>>161064525
Get rid of the shitty Auroras, one of the Cutlasses and maybe something else and get a bulk hauler like a Hull C or the happy merchant.
>>
>>161064674
All of the ships are split across multiple accounts, so the auroras are the base packages that I'm planning to CCU this week, just trying to decide what to get, Banu Jewship is looking good at the moment.
>>
>>161064525
>M50
>350R
Why 2 racers?

>Aurora MR
>Aurora LX
Why 2 shit starter ships?

>Cutlass Red
>Cutlass Black
You need 1 pirate ship and 1 pirate ambulance?

>SH
>Avenger Titan
Why not a Sabre?
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
So we know that the three missiles on the right are S3. Do you think the other three are S4 and the torpedo is S5 then?
>>
>>161064525
No orion/reclaimer/hull, you filthy casual.
>>
Does anyone know if you'll be able to attack planets from space in SC? Or vice-versa, shoot ships is orbit from the surface?

How will planetary bombardments, or bombing/strafing runs in atmosphere work?
>>
>>161064525
Stop wasting your money this is enough dude.
>>
>>161065395
No one has mentioned anything about this. Honestly i doubt it.
>>
How does one enter Caterpillar btw, is there anything except the front ramp ?

>>161065395
Projectiles/missiles disappear/explode after traveling certain distance.
>>
>>161065681
There's an elevator in the base module.
>>
>>161065717
What's that? where the cockpit is?
>>
>>161065869
Yeah. You can see it here at about 2:08.
https://youtu.be/yi7OMugknAw?t=2m1s
>>
>>161065942
I think i remember seeing that in whitebox? it was a platform held on one end of a hydraulic arm that drops to the ground.
>>
>>161066224
Yeh.
>>
What's the difference between the Sabre and the Sabre Comet?
>>
>>161065152
none of this matters if they cant't hit anything
>>
>>161066532
A shitty paintjob. Also the Comet has 2 S2 mass drivers (not the cool ones) and 2 S3 plasma shotguns instead of repeaters.
>>
>>161065681
>>161066392
>>161065717

Do you think it'll be possible to load anything into the Caterpillar via that elevator?

I'm thinking along the lines of ground vehicles and large cargo. The lifts on the side and front don't look particularly sized to hold an Ursa Rover.
Possibly a module will be specialised for such a thing in future?
>>
File: tumblr_nekfyuRbZV1sj8xx9o1_1280.jpg (253KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nekfyuRbZV1sj8xx9o1_1280.jpg
253KB, 1280x960px
>>161065152
I am so glad they didn't go with those absolutely full fucking retard sword designs for missiles.
>>
Fucking guy on the forums asking if it's "morally just" to take players out of their comfort zones (read: require human interaction) and he's trying his absolute hardest to try erudite.

I don't know why i browse that shit hole.
>>
>>161067529
It's ok to stop anon I won't judge you if you do.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
oh good, properly tryhard guns to match my armor
>>
>>161067380
19 is the only real bad one, the others are at least semi-acceptable.

>>161067787
I just want my Han Solo pistol.
>>
>>161067787
le "50 cal" face
>>
>>161067787
>.50 CAL
.50 what

AE? GI? BMG? Beowulf?
>>
>>161067972
>yfw it's not even a kinetic weapon
>>
>>161067972
Whatever it is, it obviously doesn't go in the magazine that doesn't exist and wouldn't fit in the grip with holes through it.
>>
>>161068046
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX0MB7pJtKs&t=13s
>>
>>161067529

It's such a needless conversation to have for a video game.
If people don't like interacting with other players, they'll find a way to adapt or just not play the multiplayer.

Talking about this shit just needlessly politicises a fucking video game.
>>
>>161067972
>>161067876
>>161068046
>900 years in the future, long after the historical weapon enthusiast market was courted by a superficial 'remake' of the deagle .50, the poorly understood designation .50 CAL has lost all meaning beyond a derisive mark of generic babby's first overcompensators
>>
File: 1480073407441.png (394KB, 952x568px) Image search: [Google]
1480073407441.png
394KB, 952x568px
>>161067787
I made a thing.
>>
>>161068546
But where is boolets?
>>
>>161068582
Ask the original artist, I guess.

Though a side-fed magazine like a Sten gun would look awesome.
>>
>>161068582
It's a .50 energy pistol powered by his own smugness.
>unlimited ammo
>>
>>161068582
Jam em in the top
>>
>>161068546
>"FIDDY CAL"
>tiny ass suppressor stored in grip
Yeah, this checks out.
>>
>>161068676
What has the size of the suppressor got to do with it? Are you saying no technological advancements would be made with weapons? Oh OK.
>>
>>161068676
makes slightly more sense than a tiny ass mag sliding up there. maybe it's a .50 cal laser?
>>
>>161067787
That's neat and all, but will there be revolvers?

Also, in general terms, how will ballistic weapons compare to energy weapons? Both personal and ship mounted
>>
File: 44444.png (2MB, 1003x741px) Image search: [Google]
44444.png
2MB, 1003x741px
>people who get unironically mad when they miss a sale or a ship isn't put on sale.
I'm a little worried for these people.
>>
File: brink2.png (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
brink2.png
303KB, 1920x1080px
>sprint mantling and ledge hanging
we UNCHARTED now?
>>
>>161068843
It works pretty well in the new battlefield

Playing other shooters has felt really awkward after trying the great movement in it
>>
>>161068794
currently on ships the difference is infinite ammo vs shield piercing, not sure if heat loads are different. the laser pistol somehow runs out of ammo so idk if they're balancing hand weapons differently
>>
>>161069007
The laser pistol works exactly how ship weapons do.

They both have capacitor type "magazines", its just the ship ones are connected to the reactor so recharge.
>>
>>161068820

"I WANTED TO BUY <X>"
"Just wait 'til next time or get it in game whenever it finally releases"
"NO I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOW"
>>
>>161068721
>technological advancements
Unless you have a device to teleport hot gas to the surface of the sun then you can't suddenly stop gas from expanding regardless of your tech level. Never go full retard
>>
>>161067787
we /dayz/ longhorn g2 contender now
and i've never been more excited for a new handgun
>>
>>161069062
"Just buy it in game when it's fifteen times the price, with no life time insurance, goy!"
M'kay.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>161069373

>Telling people to play the game instead of spending real world money now makes anon a Jew
>>
File: Screenshot_142.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_142.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>161055909
>if E:D never evolves
Hahahahahahaha
>>
File: parry.jpg (121KB, 1120x242px) Image search: [Google]
parry.jpg
121KB, 1120x242px
>>
When does the next "day" start? I want to see if they'll let me upgrade my LTI 325 to a sabre
>>
>>161070770
In like 8 hours. Also it's Aegis day, so they'll obviously let you do that.
>>
File: PIG9rkJ-I1E.jpg (189KB, 1124x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PIG9rkJ-I1E.jpg
189KB, 1124x1024px
>>161070806
>aegis day.
Well TOO BAD THE WARDEN LOOKS LIKE FUCKING SHIT.
Aaaah
>>
File: 1478694990429.jpg (67KB, 381x586px) Image search: [Google]
1478694990429.jpg
67KB, 381x586px
>>161071002
>dat evil poofer
>>
ok am I missing something with the star citizen sales, where are the reduced starter packages?
>>
>>161071341
On Saturday.
>>
File: 1468414209660.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1468414209660.png
138KB, 375x375px
>mfw all the cucks in the rsi chat bragging about how many ships they bought
>>
>>161071341
>>161071410
I hope they will include SQ42 as well so that I dont have to buy package to my friend from the Black Market
>>
File: 1473626716063.jpg (78KB, 686x722px) Image search: [Google]
1473626716063.jpg
78KB, 686x722px
>>161071512
>RSI chat
What are you doing, anon?
>>
File: 1402105634308.jpg (38KB, 331x329px) Image search: [Google]
1402105634308.jpg
38KB, 331x329px
>>161071512
>>161071642
Yea m8, what the actual fuck is wrong with you RSI chat is like drinking from an open sewer.
>>
File: just.jpg (61KB, 495x676px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
61KB, 495x676px
>>161071642
Losing my faith in humanity
>>
Is the Caterpillar going to be hangar ready in 2.6?
>>
>>161071910
Due to improvements to their ship pipepline they can pretty much just skip the hangar ready stage now and go directly to flight ready. Also yes.
>>
>>161071959
I Know it wont be flight ready till 3.0
>>
>>161071983
No, you don't.
>>
tfw I could upgrade a Terrapin to the BMM while it's still relatively cheap, but the Terrapin is my shipfu
>>
RTV in 40 minutes at twitchDOTtv/cigcommunity
>>
File: 1463178131833.jpg (459KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463178131833.jpg
459KB, 1920x1080px
Has it been retconned?
>>
>>161074182
nah dude remember the tevarin lost :^)
>>
>>161074182
In what way?
>>
>>161074227

They've been completely silent about it for a year and a half
>>
>>161074182
>So terrible the Hoplite was shoehorned in

I'm still laughing
>>
>>161074182

I assume it will be redesigned once the non-fan-made ships have been sorted out.
>>
File: 1419909061266.png (76KB, 662x413px) Image search: [Google]
1419909061266.png
76KB, 662x413px
>>161073742
>giving up your shipfu because of shekels
>>
>>161067837
19 looks like a fucking nuke warhead with a tiny ship built around it. when it was concepted as I recall it was meant to some higher class of ubermissile
>>
>>161073742
Terrapin will be more readily available in the PU than the Bmm.

Just saying.
>>
>>161074182
unfortunately it appears they still remember its existence due to it being named in the Prowler FAQ
>>
RTV started
>>
>>161075807
KAY

Keep me posted
>>
Let's say my friends are happily mining asteroids on the Orion and i'm flying around on my Hornet Tracker as an excort. And then i spot incoming Prowler who is obviously up to no good. What should i do ? Wouldn't i become a criminal if i attack them first ? But i sort of have to, or else they might get too close to stationary Orion and board it. How are they gonna figure this shit out ?
>>
>>161076803
judging from similar games, you'd have to let the prowler shoot first, then shoot back
>>
weapon attachments may be locked to specific weapon manufactures. alien weapons are in concept, and a railgun is being worked on right now.

Melee fist fighting combat confirmed at some point in the future.
>>
>>161076883
Why would it even bother shooting if it's purpose to get its troops on board of Orion ?
>>
File: hgfhh.png (1KB, 276x49px) Image search: [Google]
hgfhh.png
1KB, 276x49px
>muh derek smart
>>
>>161076978
>Melee fist fighting

God, this is going to be weird as fuck with an FPS system(?) that is pretty much ARMA
>>
>>161075807
Germans right? Do you have to sub to ask questions? Someone ask if we'll see illfonic's SM maps again
>>
>>161076803
Unless this is their first ever criminal enterprise they'll have no recourse if you shoot first
>>
>>161077062
so long as its better then skyrim fist fights
>>
>will you have capture-the-idris mode?
>hurr we've all had ideas about it
>it would have to be unique to star citizen
So no, then? Just make the content FFS.

>conquest mode
>Battlefront style map
>Idris vs Idris
>turrets shooting each other across the map
>choosing redeemers or prowlers to land marines on the enemy idris
>set the self destruct to win

>king of the hill mode
>capture and the Javelin bridge for 15 minutes until your team gets reinforcements (wins)

>air superiority mode
>land your ships on a bengal to capture it
>hold it until the enemy reinforcements run out (see Warthunder and landing strips)

Just make the content, stop coming out with generic designs, and we have only 2 maps to look forward to. This shit is so delayed already.
>>
>>161077241
Maybe we'll be lucky and it will be like Chivalry.
>>
>>161076803
I imagine that you can open fire on anyone with a reputation without much consequence.

There is also the fact that this game only has local communication. information cannot travel FTL. If you kill someone and nobody is in range to hear a distress call, nobody knows about it.
>>
EMP grenades will effect the environments such as lights in the future. Humans to use Vandal weapons to determined, humans will be able to use other alien weapons.

>>161077169
Never happening the Illfonic maps were built to the wrong metric.

49 designers working on Star Marine.
>>
>>161077289
1st iteration SM is for testing fps, all that other shit would interfere with feedback
>>
>>161076803
Hail them somehow, tell them they're spotted and if they approach any closer they'll be destroyed.

Prowler relies on stealth, remember.

Outside of monitored space, you can shoot whoever the fuck you want, and they'll know that too.

If you're assuming this is happening in "monitored space" which is where you can be marked as a criminal then they're probably already marked as a criminal.

If they're not marked as a criminal, but they have the intent to board, either they have to shoot the orion or perform some other hostile action to disable it before docking, and at the very least, docking/landing on the orion will be considered a hostile action, at which point the prowler is a sitting duck.
>>
>>161077356
This is going to be the gamechanger and nobody realizes it. You have a team of chumps who take the burden of a petty crime rating for tampering with the local comms and you have free reign anywhere.
>>
>>161077524
It was nice to see that they already put it into the mini-pu, because Oblivion guard tier policing really boils my piss
>>
>>161077708
>Oblivion

Or GTA and their fucking literal animal cops.
>>
>>161077708
one major benefit of them taking the time to actually build all those underlying systems rather than faking it; gaming the system is actually possible because it works as it claims to

I do wonder how reporting crime in protected but unmonitored space will work, seems like yuge fraud potential
>>
>>161077356
>>161077524
>>161077708
I think there should be an indicator of pirate/bad karma players,

say someone who regularly pirates or has been caught doing the naughty will be label in a galactic watch list.

This translate to in game when targeted as a hostile target or potentially hostile target,

witch then can be made into a system of spoting or information on wanted players to local bounty hunters
>>
>>161077932
skyrim had chicken narcs too
>>
>>161077389
>1st iteration SM is for testing fps, all that other shit would interfere with feedback
I remember a long time ago, I think it was Citizencon 2015. Chris Roberts said he asked his team where the Arena Commander improvements were. He said it should have evolved and grown and there were only 2 maps. He sounded like he was annoyed with the team. Oh and a year later, we still have not much to show for it.

I'm not even hopeful any more. I was hyped at CitizenCon but they are just so slow.

Why does Star Marine have to be 100% final shipping product polished, yet Arena Commander sucks? Suspicious.
>>
>>161078091
Did it really? I hated that game when I played it, I'm amazed I'm still discovering more and more shit about the game.
>>
>>161078159
yep any tame animal could spot you and report your crimes
>>161078139
>arena commander sucks
fuck off goon
>>
>>161078265
>goon
>hyped at citizencon
Stop posting.
>>
File: Low Quality Bait.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Low Quality Bait.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>161078139
because star marine holds way more tech in it for the PU then AC does, AC boils down to flight and ship characteristics and nothing else both SM and PU work off many more systems
>>
>>161078139
If you actually watched Citizencon you would have known that they're planning on adding more to Arena commander for the next update along with SM.
>>
>>161078364
t. hillary clinton
>>
So this is the Anniversary Sale. Will they do another one for Christmas holidays, or is this also it, kind of a doubled up thing?
>>
>>161078139
>Why does Star Marine have to be 100% final shipping product polished?

SM is a massive opportunity to have a huge wave of FPS players spend money on SC.

They want to get it to at least a point where it's playable so they don't all immediately refund it.

>yet Arena Commander sucks?

So you missed the bit where 2.6 includes huge ship combat adjustments.
>>
>>161077354
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBijzwFq5vs
>>
>>161078372
>star marine holds way more tech in it for the PU
That doesn't mean they have to delay the release for months while they get the map lighting right. They could literally release the maps to play in grey box. Pic related, such a high fidelity map that no one complains about.

>>161078391
>If you actually watched Citizencon you would have known that they're planning on adding more to Arena commander for the next update along with SM
Just like they said a whole year ago.

Now (read: whenever 2.6 gets released), instead of Vanduul bots, you can shoot human pirate bots. Just like in Crusader.
>>
>>161078492
His duck gets me every time. It's amazing
>>
>>161077354
they just said in RTV that it won't be like that, it will be at most simple punch/dodge/block mechanics.
>>
File: realistic space combat.webm (3MB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
realistic space combat.webm
3MB, 900x563px
people liked those xi'an scout webms so I went back and pulled some more from that fight, even though everyone's gonna make fun of my bad aim

> this is the multi-kilometer engagement combat hard science fags want
>>
>>161078159
Yeah Ive had cases of being tagged for a murder when the only possible witness was a horse.
>>
File: realistic space combat2.webm (3MB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
realistic space combat2.webm
3MB, 900x563px
>>161078663
>simple punch/dodge/block
still more complex than skyrim and 90% of shooters
>>
>>161078678
>Both terrible
>Wonder why combat is boring

lol
>>
File: xian crabship.webm (3MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
xian crabship.webm
3MB, 960x600px
>>161078873
it was actually a really fun fight
>>
>>161078542
CIG understand that most of the people reporting issues on the IC are retards and will post endless reports about the map having no textures/lighting and people on the forums will complain about players standing out too much against uniform backgrounds.

How is the ability to test pirate AI in different ships a bad thing? This might have something to do with the issues pirate AIs have in Crusader right now. If you don't want it in in 2.6, would you prefer to wait for 3.0 and have the same shitty pirate AI that fucks off into space and explodes? Yeah that will make mining and cargo interesting.
>>
>>161078542
>implying greybox doesn't make the spectator side boring as fuck

You're right we should be getting it but I think CIG is becoming more and more concerned about showing jank due to everyone expecting steam ""early access"" from any alpha.
>>
>>161078542
while I agree they could release grey box kits even Ghost in the Shell uses greybox test maps, however there is so much map interaction like lock doors and such since even the FPS maps are hosted in a open sandbox space that getting everything right the first time effects things greatly both in PR and in user approval
>>
>>161078678
>People liked those xian scout fights

Yes I did. Thanks
>>
>>161079239
>>161079196
>>161079157
Thank you for not insulting me or calling me a goon. Your replies were polite.

No, I don't have any problem with pirate swarm, it sounds cool. My problem was how long it's taken from CR's statement to actually being implemented.

They have enough assets and tech in place now to release way more content than they are planning to. They have enough creative talent working for them that they could create a dozen interesting game modes, not just 2 types of swarm survival modes.

It sounds like CR micromanages everything so much that hardly anything gets a green light for release.
>>
>>161079015
God that DOF / blur is fucking obnoxious
>>
>>161079510
I don't think a lot of it is a matter of green light for release so much so that almost everything they are working on is FOR the PU so while its nifty to have all these different modular modes and areas its more of a fan service to give us something to do while we wait for the REAL game to be developed.

And since the real game is so complicated most of the systems they are working on now tie into to each other so only releasing links of the chain instead of whole segments doesn't make to much since on grand scheme of things or in management terms.

It would be nice to see more frequent QA passes and updates but with how grand the whole game is and company workings are the slow pipeline of things and such is to expect.

It's only been 4 years and in terms of some games with more funding larger backers and same size studios Star Citizen has accomplished a lot not just in terms of where we are not but how the gaming industry works and how transparent they have been compared to any other game in history
>>
rtvbrah what else
>>
File: ba74e93bc1.png (59KB, 553x905px) Image search: [Google]
ba74e93bc1.png
59KB, 553x905px
>>161079875
>>
>>161080072
>Flamethrowers

Are they trying to make Rising Storm in space??
>>
>>161080072
>may be non-lethal options

Well how the fuck would you take bounties in alive without them? Wounded states?
>>
>>161080271
Dead not alive
>>
>>161079510
>My problem was how long it's taken from CR's statement to actually being implemented.

That's most likely heavily related to the point in time at which it's going to be useful. Remember AC is a testbed. They want good pirate AI for 3.0 so they're working on the pirate AI in AC in the preceding patch.

Just like how they want good pirate (and vanduul) AI in 3.0 because they want good AI for S42 (though that will come later).

Similarly with SM, they want FPS stuff now because FPS will be in S42 and they have to work on it now to get it looking good for S42, else development of SC will break shit in S42 later.

>They have enough assets and tech in place now to release way more content than they are planning to. They have enough creative talent working for them that they could create a dozen interesting game modes, not just 2 types of swarm survival modes.

You want another Capture The Core? That to me is the epitome of a useless game mode that serves no purpose for the PU, and was effectively abandoned about as hard as the first implementation of the missions system AKA, the Basic Flight Training tutorial. And the last update that had was its total removal because of how badly it was affecting the new player experience.

The problem here is that they need to spend their time developing parts of AC, the alpha PU, and SM in such a way that they can be effectively promoted/marketed (hey FPS players, come play our cool new shit that works generally OK!), inform useful balance and development changes, especially from the perspectives of new players, and have all of the systems they rely on working together simultaneously without breaking things like S42 later. That is an extremely hard thing to get right, and Illfonic's SM was pretty much an example of them getting it wrong, so now they're more wary.

>It sounds like CR micromanages everything so much that hardly anything gets a green light for release.

There's probably an element of that at work too.
>>
>>161080271

>down the road

They'll be available later.
Just kill bounties for now.
>>
>>161080302
but muh credits
>>
>>161080072
>mag boots aren't a thing anymore

gay
>>
>>161080271
>>161080072

There are non-lethal takedown options in Cutlass Blue owner's and Voyager Direct right now, so them saying they "might" be in is hilarious

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Advocacy-Tools
>>
>>161080530
>https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Advocacy-Tools

>404
>>
>>161080412
Non lethal bounties may not even be an option for players. I really don't see how they can do it without severe griefing/unnecessary inconvenience towards one party.
>>
>>161080072
>>161080492
"EVA will be handling that and will keep you oriented to a surface properly"

Sounds like they're ditching push/pull too.

Megagay.

>>161080530
Yes that answer came from a modelling guy so just because he hasn't seen them doesn't mean that none are planned.

When are bounty hunting mechanics supposed to come in anyway? 3.3 or something?
>>
>>161080767

I can't remember where but it was discussed that the mechanic would work as follows:
>You incapacitate a player with non-lethal method
>Proceed to capture
>At this stage player can choose to respawn at a hospital or stick around and play along
>If player respawns, their body is then assumed by an NPC of their character that you can place in a cell
>Can then take NPC to location to sell for bounty or slavery whilst the original player continues on as if they were downed as normal and woke up in a hospital

No idea if that's still the case but it seemed like a simple enough mechanic for them.
>>
>>161080492
Probably just means they aren't needed right now; suit thrusters and grabby feet will let you 'walk' on walls etc in zero g
>>
>>161080767
>Get tased or bleeding out
>Lasts a reasonable amount of time, not much more than the "casualty retrieval" cutscene that plays on "death"
>If they put you in a hold you are turned into an NPC and you can respawn normally
>bleeding out obviously triggers "death"
>recovering from taser effect just wakes you up, can give up early to become an NPC and respawn normally

So a glorified downed state basically

It would be cool to break a captive out to avoid penalties but I don't know how to pull that off without people busting themselves out of jail
>>
>>161081067
>>161081193
>Become NPC, spawn early
>And woke up in a hospital

That's not too bad. I was mainly thinking about the footage I've seen of ARK and how that shitty game does player capturing, which looks horrible for the one being captured.
>>
>>161080271
>>161080492
>>161080919
Yall must keep in mind these autistic germans are only speaking in the context of star marine
>>
>>161081123
>grabby feet
stop muddying the already shit-filled water with garbage terms please
>>
>>161081315
Yeah fuck that.

There's actually a lot to learn from that game, like not having insurmountable gaps of power between players, and not devaluing structures to the point where they're spammed everywhere like a fucking favela.
>>
>>161081329
You're a garbage term, what he describes sounds like grabby hand animation without push/pull.
>>
>>161081315

Aye I think allowing the player to respawn at any time during captivity is a nice compromise. They can suffer the hospital fees and the captor can go and sell the NPC as normal. Or execute the NPC if they're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>161081435
In what world is player built favelas a bad thing
>>
>>161081435
>There's actually a lot to learn from that game

Yeah. One of my biggest peevs with what I've seen is how out of place literally everything looks in the game thanks to their generic art style.

>>161081672
Definitely a smart way to approach it. Allows the autistic roleplayers to do as they please and others to not have be restrained from playing for stupid amounts of times.
>>
>Squadron 42 supposed to be "almost done"
>"we have Vanduul weapons in a concept stage"
>>
File: bunCAS.jpg (38KB, 524x331px) Image search: [Google]
bunCAS.jpg
38KB, 524x331px
>>161081615
>grabby hand animation without push/pull

>grabby hands having anything to do with locomotion

no YOU ARE THE FUCKING GARBAGE TERM grabby hands is picking shit up and moving it around, the push/pull system was always about moving around by interacting with surfaces and they're totally separate.
>>
>>161081846

There's an emergent gameplay idea there as well.
Could you imagine being captured and respawning then like a week later you lead a boarding party onto a Caterpillar or some shit and seize it from its crew and find your own NPC locked in one of the cells from where they still haven't sold them on?
>>
>>161081871
Again they clearly mean in an SM context; they mean player usable
>>
>>161081871

The first episode is in grey-boxing and animation.
"Almost-done" isn't something to be taken seriously when uttered by CIG.
>>
>>161082005
>mario 1up sound plays
>>161082158
Pretty sure they said the furthest-behind area is in greybox, obviously the animations are 90% done since mocap is long over
>>
Will Genesis Staliner even have a real purpose ?
I just imagining all those sad lonely captains pitch-spamming general chat, offering free-for-the-first-time rides and driving single passengers around the verse.. this is kinda sad and hilarious at same time.
>>
File: 89465898645846.jpg (117KB, 800x1323px) Image search: [Google]
89465898645846.jpg
117KB, 800x1323px
How will grenades work in zero gravity ?
And is there going to be a limit on how many i can carry with me in the persistent universe?
>>
>>161083961
>how will they work

There's a webm floating around of grenades in zero gravity.
>>
>>161083961
these questions seem very specific, anon what are you planning
>>
>>161083801
"NPC hauling" missions you silly baka
No one is going to sit in the 890 jump much either
>>
Less than 24 hours until the ALL-BIG sale, right?
>>
File: whatdoesitmean.png (29KB, 567x341px) Image search: [Google]
whatdoesitmean.png
29KB, 567x341px
What does each of the numbers on the weapons mean?

I understand on the fixed that it got two size 2 slots, but does it also mean that each of those slots got two guns? because of the "2x NN-13 Neutron Gun(1)) in this example?

Also what does the number in the paranthesis means?

Another thing, how many missiles does 2x S1 - 8x Dominator FF(1) mean? Two size 1 slots where each of them got 8 missiles? What if it stood (2) at the end of the name instad of (1)?
>>
>>161085117
Don't even refer to that at all, anon. Its inconsistent, confusing, and straight up wrong in places.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13LzkKzDOKIdrhwL5E2n2Co6THa74A2izxn8lykDuPAk/edit#gid=961439180

he's the hardpoints for every ship in 2.5, everything else you're going to have to wait for anyway because they lie about hardpoints before they're in game anyway. They change too much.
>>
File: friend or foe.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
friend or foe.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>161084439
>>161083961
oddly enough after I made this they used this exact scene in AtV
>>
File: 1479400357827.jpg (687KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1479400357827.jpg
687KB, 900x1350px
>>161085381
Thanks fammypammy!

Here, have some latex.
>>
>>161085512
what's interesting here is that it drifts in zero g, then seems to animation-hitch as it hits the gravity, at which point it arcs until leaving the far side and going straight again. not unexpected I guess, but nice to see it doing what it should
>>
File: lookatthose.png (6KB, 492x328px) Image search: [Google]
lookatthose.png
6KB, 492x328px
>>161085624
>>
>>161085117
the ship status page is a clusterfuck of outdated design.
Basically that mess means that the ship has;
-2x S2 hard points with a fixed S1 Neutron Gun on each hard point

-2x S4 hard points with a gimbal puck and S3 gatling gun mounted on each hard point

-2x S1 missile pylons with 4x S1 missiles mounted on each pylon.

-an unmanned turret that can equip two S2 guns

-an unmanned turret that can equip two S1 guns
>>
>>161085381
So what does #-# mean in the spots?

For example 1-2

one size 2 weapon?
size 1 at the PU, but will be updated to possible size 2 afterwards?
Originally size 1 but can be upgraded to size 2?

That sheet explains just as little as RSI site...
>>
>>161085887
Every x-x is a hardpoint
1-1 is a S1 hardpoint (Size 1 to 1 weapon)
1-3 is a S3 hardpoint (Size 1 to 3 size weapon)
3-3 is a S3 hardpoint that won't accept anything smaller (like avenger nose cannon)
>>
>>161084645
>Some of you guys are alright, don’t go to port Olisar tomorrow.
having restrictions on gameplay would suck i would rather that throwables and rockets cost a fortune then nerfing them into being a useless gimmick
>>
File: y-Xu8u1zy_M.jpg (65KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
y-Xu8u1zy_M.jpg
65KB, 640x960px
>>161086040
Thanks again!

Have some more!
>>
ded
>>
>still no 2.6 on evocati today. Maybe monday or tuesday.

I just wanted to fly a herald while it was still up for sale...
>>
>>161089778
/waiting for aegis sale to go up/
superded

Gotta get me some best dynamics, Ive traded all my dynamics in for drakeshit.

Still cant decided whether to make something into a basetally or not.
>>
>>161090121
I hope the GT guy comments on the ridiculous amounts of spaceplanes. Also, don't get a Retaliator. You'll just get disappointed.
>>
2.6 won't come till chrismas and it won't have SM, only other changes.
>>
>>161091004
If you say so it has to be true.
>>
>>161090773
I have a bomber for three years and just recently upgraded it into a caterpillar. I know exactly what Im getting, but the tally is my shipfu. I really want to have one, but was having a hard time justifying a 250 useless ship, 150 is more tolerable, I wanted it initially for non combat use anyway and was more than a little annoyed when they gave me a straight upbomber instead of the comfy RV with turrets that was pitched.

The only thingI see the tally actually being good at is as a troop carrier and support ship, It has lots of turrets to cover a landing, support for titan armor and the second bay can carry a shitton of ammo for the squad, which can be flown quickly and safely to resupply points. Given that the tally is a combat ship from the ground up and not a converted hauler.
>>
File: Carrack3.jpg (1MB, 4841x2810px) Image search: [Google]
Carrack3.jpg
1MB, 4841x2810px
>>161073742
>>161074924

How can she be your shipfu if you're thinking about replacing her.

I know I will stick to mine 4eva
>>
>>161091307
part of the problem is we don't even know how useful it will be for *non-combat* roles. There's no definite number for how much cargo it will hold yet with the cargo modules. Some say 126+units, some say only 44 units. The living modules seem redundant, and neither add private cabins to the ship.
>>
>>161091906
Im well aware of the various and legion problems with the ship, like I said, I bought one in 2013 and had it until a week ago.
>>
File: cutblue.jpg (482KB, 3000x1838px) Image search: [Google]
cutblue.jpg
482KB, 3000x1838px
>>161091498
I'm still waiting to see if my shipfu keeps her curvy canopy in the rework and if she'll still be able to replace the useless cells with cargo area like promised or if she'll get Reliant Tana'd to keep her from being a "Super Cutlass"... otherwise I'll just go with her cheaper sister.
>>
3 hours to El Grando Saleu?
>>
>>161092470
55 minutes
>>
>>161092470
Grand Finsale is tommorow, today is just aegis.
>>
File: Cutlass Blue 2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cutlass Blue 2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>161092265
They said they were going to work on the Blue to keep the shape, especially of the canopy. I forget where, but I know I heard it. I'm looking forward to seeing how they make it look and work.
>>
>>161092265
>>161092752
The curved cockpit was shit and didn't look like Drake at all.

All 3 Cutlass will share the same cockpit in the rework.
Get fucked.
>>
>>161092821
>didn't look like Drake at all.
That was the point. At the time Drake's style was pure 100% ugly
>>
Is the Grand Finale saturday gonna put everything back on sale?
I only just got wind of the sale and have missed everything so far.
>>
File: Tevarin-Heads.jpg (1017KB, 3238x1258px) Image search: [Google]
Tevarin-Heads.jpg
1017KB, 3238x1258px
>>
>>161093720
Source?
>>
>>161093754
Weekly newsletter just went out.
>>
>>161093567
yes, everything previously available and a couple that day only things.
>>
>>161093720
Looks like sort of the intermediary between dinosaurs and birds
neat
>>
>>161093754
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/if73u12bro8clr/source/Tevarin-Heads.jpg
>>
>>161093720
Kroot
>>
Will tomorrow's discounted package sales include SQ42 or do I just have to buy a cheap SQ42+ package from the black market?
>>
>>161094521
wont know till tommorow, theyre different every year, but Id guess not.
>>
>>161094521
not yet known
>>
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

updated now

2.6 release date aim: Thu 08 dec 2016
>>
File: hXchnot.png (45KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hXchnot.png
45KB, 1920x1080px
Would it be possible to be pure Empire?

Like, the second you can, buy an Imperial Eagle, use that to buy a Courier, then buy a Clipper, then farm for Cutter.

About how long would this take you?
>>
>>161094973
Neat
>>
File: 1459456643460.gif (3MB, 174x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459456643460.gif
3MB, 174x200px
>>161094973
This was posted about a week ago...
>>
>>161095587
l2read fgt

>Last update : Nov 25th, 2016

actually they typed "216" but whatever
>>
>>161095587
Yes, but they updated it today. As they said they would.
>>
>>161076803
Put yourself in-between the prowler and your friends on the Orion first of all, then IIRC the scanner can ping people "loudly" which was intended to be a side-effect of operational incompetence but you could very well send several sloppy warning pings at them in quick succession. They might just think you're a scared shitter, but you'll have their attention.

There's also the old fashioned shot across the bow, just make sure it's far enough off that they don't think it's just shit aim.
>>
File: AnvilHurricaneBlockout.png (167KB, 1066x641px) Image search: [Google]
AnvilHurricaneBlockout.png
167KB, 1066x641px
So any of you commandos going to buy the Anvil F6 Lightning next month?
>>
File: 1475879878936.png (248KB, 450x504px) Image search: [Google]
1475879878936.png
248KB, 450x504px
>>161096556
>it's another Agent episode
>>
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15616-Intergalactic-Aerospace-Expo-Day-Eight-Aegis-Dynamics

>DUE TO SOLAR FLARE INTERFERENCE, TODAY’S GALACTIC GEAR TRANSMISSION WILL BE SLIGHTLY DELAYED. CHECK BACK SHORTLY FOR JAX’S REPORT FOR THE DAY.
reeeeeee
>>
>>161096556
That looks like some blender tier amateur hour shit.
>>
>>161097167
So cig-tier asset then, cmdr?

o7
>>
>>161093720

I like it
>>
File: wat.png (29KB, 513x70px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
29KB, 513x70px
>more expensive than a Super Hornet
>doesn't even have the nose turret
>>
>>161093720

I like the slightly avian design.

I'd fuck it.
>>
Retaliator or Sabre?
I have an LTI 325 and I'm really unhappy with what it currently is and I'm willing to spend some so I'll have LTI on something I like

I know it's early alpha etc. but I really don't like anything about the 325. Is there any good info on what the Retaliator will be like, or should I just go for the Sabre?
>>
File: 1479784280552.jpg (415KB, 1600x1390px) Image search: [Google]
1479784280552.jpg
415KB, 1600x1390px
>>161097642
Retaliator is shit unless you're a fan of wasted space and bad interior design.
>>
File: Wildfire_render2.jpg (324KB, 3036x1636px) Image search: [Google]
Wildfire_render2.jpg
324KB, 3036x1636px
>Hornet Wildfire
>$175
>doesn't even have a gun mounted on the chin hard point.

Christ, and they didn't even bother to change old hornet s4 hardpoint stats on the ship's page.
>>
>>161097640
Oh please, you'd fuck anything alien, just to know how it feels, probably even vanduul.. i know i would..
>>
>>161097642
Why not cutlass black or blue ?
>>
Just bought my best dynamics shipfu.

>>161093720
Awesome.
>>
>>161064525
man you people lack self control

how about melting all of it for the 2-3 ships you actually plan on using instead of owning so many small ships that do the same thing, or do nothing useful at all

i mean youve already spent so much money without having anything useful you might as well skip right to your endgame
>>
File: chozo_dramatic_by_3ihard.jpg (129KB, 1024x781px) Image search: [Google]
chozo_dramatic_by_3ihard.jpg
129KB, 1024x781px
>>161093720
They're the chozo?
>>
>>161093720
this is perfect for the range of emotions I expect from the defeated but rebellious Tevs. I hope their feathers ruffle when they're angry
>>
File: ohmywhathaveidone.jpg (15KB, 575x426px) Image search: [Google]
ohmywhathaveidone.jpg
15KB, 575x426px
>mfw i kind of dislike whales and only try to stick to a small fleet of few not so big ships then suddenly realize i have a concierge button..
>>
File: Caterpillar 7.png (2MB, 1920x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Caterpillar 7.png
2MB, 1920x1063px
>>161098550
Welcome to the "how the fuck did I get here" club, buddy.
>>
>>161093806
I have never scrolled to the bottom of one of these emails in 4 years. do they always sneak shit in there?
>>
>>161092752
hopefully it maintains the slicker shinier police SUV kinda look. maybe even sneak it into the lore that it's an Aegis/drake combined effort from the same old era when the avenger was relevant
>>
>>161098709
it's not gonna have this paint job right? hoping that's something for pu or sq42
>>
>>161098362
nah, theyre a cheap way to make it so they dont need to build a new animation skeleton

literally human head reskin
>>
>>161099235
have you seen the full body? there will definitely be a unique animation set
>>
File: Caterpillar 3.jpg (541KB, 1902x1989px) Image search: [Google]
Caterpillar 3.jpg
541KB, 1902x1989px
>>161099217
I imagine that paint job, COVALEX included, will be in the game, but not mandatory. No paint scheme will be mandatory once they get the proper tools in place for player customization.
>>
>>161067787
Why are there holes in the grip?
Where does the magazine go?
>>
>>161099827
Yeah but I'm talking initial release
>>
>>161098709
Man, this thing looks like such a standard space freighter, it's really weird thinking it will be primarily used by outlaws.
>>
>>161085845
how the fck is she smoking
>>
File: Caterpillar 9.png (2MB, 1920x1057px) Image search: [Google]
Caterpillar 9.png
2MB, 1920x1057px
>>161100235
I really doubt they'll keep the COVALEX branding as standard in 2.6. That'd be a really weird thing to do.

>>161100369
There's a way to deal with that: use it for legitimate purposes yourself. Just because Drake's been branded as a pirate manufacturer doesn't mean that's what players will use them for. Besides, using it for legitimate business will hopefully get you impromptu militia "escort," which, as they scan you, will decrease your chances of being actually pirated in transit.
>>
>>161100369
Like a lot of ship lore, I think it's a stretch, and probably only NPCs will stay faithful to the planned roles.>>161100578
>>
>>161080151
I'd play Rising Storm: Space Edition, tbqh
>>
File: 1454536847484.png (254KB, 347x441px) Image search: [Google]
1454536847484.png
254KB, 347x441px
why is the vanguard so fucking expensive.
>>
>>161100369
That's because it is. The AK of space ships can't help if millions of durka durkas start using it though.
>>
File: Vultureprofile.jpg (3MB, 5758x2158px) Image search: [Google]
Vultureprofile.jpg
3MB, 5758x2158px
Post shipfus
>>
File: jSXU6P8.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
jSXU6P8.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>161101719
>>
>>161094973
>2.6
>literally nothing new
>>
File: Vanguard_landed-Copy.jpg (4MB, 2994x1399px) Image search: [Google]
Vanguard_landed-Copy.jpg
4MB, 2994x1399px
>>161101719
>>
>>161097482
>(((variant)))
>>
File: Avenger_front-Right_visualjpg.jpg (177KB, 2048x683px) Image search: [Google]
Avenger_front-Right_visualjpg.jpg
177KB, 2048x683px
>>161101719
>Vulture body kit
Alot of it looks like unfitting chunks of metal that fuck up the silhouette and design but your combination of choices actually looks pretty good
>>
File: Untitled.png (114KB, 1102x464px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
114KB, 1102x464px
They're so fucking lazy its unreal
>>
>>161102485
Ben is in charge of ships. You'd think he'd have all these stats written down and literally update them within an hour of them changing.
>>
File: 359320_20161125170206_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
359320_20161125170206_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>161102412
Yeah I got the body kit with the intention of only using the pieces that accentuate the outlines.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYQCtaP54qQ
>>
So this "Anniversary" are the ships with the fucking same price but only with longer insurances?
>>
>>161103570
some ships are more expensive haha
>>
when will this scam end? holy sheeit
>>
>>161103649
heres your you
>>
>f8 will be sold this week
>t. agent
>>
File: 1459686654831.jpg (56KB, 346x427px) Image search: [Google]
1459686654831.jpg
56KB, 346x427px
Should I buy the Wildfire or should I rather get the normal Hornet or Sabre?
>>
>>161103080
That "Vanduul to kill" comment seems really out of place, or is it just me?

Maybe it's just because I haven't read up on the lore
>>
>>161103915
Super Hornet
>>
>>161103915
Wildfire is just some junk weapons. Its worse than the less expensive Super Hornet.

Sabre right now is the best ship in the game, but it is literally broken in the XMLs, so it remains to be seen what it will end up like.
>>
>>161103915
The Wildfire comes with a turret mount instead of the F7Cs store-all box. If you want to actually fight with the base hornet and not the Super Hornet, that ball turret is necessary.
>>
File: fly it.png (146KB, 214x354px) Image search: [Google]
fly it.png
146KB, 214x354px
"please"
>>
>>161103915
>Wildfire
It's just a F7C but red and different.
>>
File: 1479944748115.png (830KB, 1080x397px) Image search: [Google]
1479944748115.png
830KB, 1080x397px
>The Exploration CG to prove the innocence of Kahina Loren who was convicted of attempted assassination of Patreus
>5 days left on it
>GalNet article just comes out today stating the entire Clipper convoy carrying her was destroyed, her included
Wonder how many people got bamboozled into their efforts being fruitless. At least they'll get sick dosh.
>>
>>161103853
he also said the armada pack would be on sale
what a shit
>>
>>161097069
the second day in a row?!
>>
File: mv9QBxn.jpg (54KB, 1200x732px) Image search: [Google]
mv9QBxn.jpg
54KB, 1200x732px
>>161101719

Makeover when
>>
File: Reclaimer_Image002.jpg (470KB, 1932x933px) Image search: [Google]
Reclaimer_Image002.jpg
470KB, 1932x933px
>>161101719
>>
Who do you make money in Elite nowadays? Can you still turret farm merits?
>>
>>161104583
Never.
>>
>>161104650
Farming merits through combat is still one of the most efficient methods without having to drop money to reset commodity wait periods.
Farming Massacre missions for Conflict Zones is VERY lucrative right now, rightfully so with how much more dangerous they are with the amount of high level NPCs in them. Find a big ship on your side though and stay by him and its not too bad.
>>
>>161104650
running sothis/ceo
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (557KB, 882x462px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
557KB, 882x462px
Reclaimer when?
>>
>>161103080
He sort of implies in this that the uee military uses the sabre.
I thought they went from the gladius > hornet > super hornet and then were currently starting to roll out the f8 lightning.
>>
File: star-citizen-32.jpg (107KB, 2211x1242px) Image search: [Google]
star-citizen-32.jpg
107KB, 2211x1242px
>>161105161
3.2 unless they renege
nobody knows when that'll come out though
>>
File: muh 7 billion.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
muh 7 billion.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Why haven't you made 700 million credits in 3 hours yet with the 17 Draconis exploit yet?
>>
>>161105262
Just a display team.
>>
Bought Elite and Horizons.
Made around 40k moving data.
What else is there to do?
How does death work in this game? I take you have to rebuy stuff like in EVE, but what about your spawn?
>>
File: 1480007366898.jpg (48KB, 720x725px) Image search: [Google]
1480007366898.jpg
48KB, 720x725px
R8 my whale fleet

Reclaimer
350R
Sabre
Dragonfly / MPUV Cargo
>>
>>161104007
Even when the shields are fixed, it's still a ship that has 90% of the gladius' speed and agility combined with 90% of the superhornet's firepower.
>>
>>161105451
>exploit
You mean how it works with any superpower backed war?
>>161105463
When you die you pay an insurance cost based on your ship cost and your module costs. Your spawn point is the last station you docked at.
>>
File: 1408852892955.jpg (48KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1408852892955.jpg
48KB, 460x345px
>>161105463
Hey kid, can I interest you in making 100 million plus an hour?
>>
File: 1473559492867.jpg (1MB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1473559492867.jpg
1MB, 3840x2400px
>>161105534
humpback to my beluga

Reclaimer
Cutlass Black
Dragonfly
>>
>>161105617
I'm sickened, but curious.
>>
>>161105608
You have to combat log to do this.
FDev considers combat logging to be cheating, so it makes this an exploit.
>>
>>161105463
kill things in resource extraction sites, explore, try to farm materials and data for engineering mods, mine if you're crazy, trade if you're boring, and run community goals if you want to get ganked.
Also your ship comes back just like new at the last station you docked at, but only if you pay its rebuy cost, otherwise you get dumped in a stock siidewinder
>>
>>161105534
seems pretty balanced
>>
>>161105750
That's great because I'm running around in a stock sidewinder.
>>
>>161105729
17 Draconis
Massacre missions
Sidewinder with missiles

You dig?
>>
>>161105451
that hasn't been fucked yet? I've been hunting for other ideal civil war locations. Right now I'm working HIP 8830 but it's a pain in the dick because only one side is superpower aligned, and it always seems like it's the other one that gives out the massacres. I want those damn empire ranks
>>
>>161094973

It was always December 8th.

>>160812761
>>
>>161105463
>>161105750
Participating in war is always an option too if you're looking for combat and is the fastest way of making cash for combat. But you need to know what you're doing.
>>
File: best ship.jpg (977KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
best ship.jpg
977KB, 1920x1080px
>>161101719
>>
>>161105957
Is the wiki a good source to study up on how to do things in elite or are there better fansites around?
>>161105850
Let me check how far that is from where I am right now.
>>
>>161105850
>>161105729
for the record that guy means you load your sidewinder with missiles and go kill ground skimmers that belong to the targeted faction, they count as ships.
Do not try to be a conflict zone merc right now, you will just get rekt. Don't even think about it until you're flying something like an A rated cobra, and even that's dicey
>>
File: tumblr_ltvispzwoB1r2g7mto1_500.jpg (73KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ltvispzwoB1r2g7mto1_500.jpg
73KB, 500x513px
>>161098550
>>161098709

Literally went from
"damn, is it okay to pay full price for a game in alpha stage?" to
"how did I end up with 3 ships and $500 less?"
within 3 months.

Damn you Roberts!
>>
>>161106239
I take the danger comes from other players, right?
>>
>>161105864
Just finished getting all that money, still works.

>>161106239
Yep, here's the vid that explains it in depth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR-MTTLZG1A
>>
>>161095321
>Start career as a young hothead taking bounties for the empire
>Get good enough to be recognized and promoted
>Start serving the empire with in many different ways
>"Retire" from active service and haul cargo in a luxury ship that can still put up a fight
Possible? yes
Difficult? very much so
After the rep nerf it'll take a very long time to move up but honestly that seems like a cool way to play
>>
>>161101104
Why is the Vanguard so broken?
>>
>>161106164
The wiki will do for basics and details, if you ask here you'll typically get an answer unless alot of E:D players aren't around.
>>
>>161106368
no, it comes from the fact that conflict zones are teeming with high skill level NPCs, in ships that are military equipped. They'll demolish your sidewinder.
>>
>>161098550
>sit on game package+aurora LN for a year while actively playing the game and arena commander
>all that built up angst from good deals and sales i intentionally skipped, all the repressed burning needs to own more ships, comes to a head and explodes @gamescom demo
>>
>>161105850
>find 17 draconis on galactic map
>route plotting failed
I take that is because my ship can't jump far enough to close some gaps between systems, right?
>>161106450
Thanks again.
>>161106497
Fuck that noise then! I will start with the shitter missions for now.

One more thing, how does "exploration" work?
>>
File: carrack jump.jpg (288KB, 3000x1554px) Image search: [Google]
carrack jump.jpg
288KB, 3000x1554px
>>161101719
>>
>>161100628
>>161099827
i think theyre actually trying to get the simple task that is color customization out for 3.0

long as theres no logos or anything right off the bat, the retards who bought the variants this sale wont feel ripped off even tho they clearly got ripped off
>>
>>161106610
Yes, you need better jump range.
I did the trip from the bubble to 17 draconis in a Sidewinder with an A rated FSD drive, but I'm not sure if you can afford one right now.
You need a good FSD and a Fuel Scoop.

I would say don't do it if you wanna live through the discovery and awe part of the game. My first 50 hours were a honemoon
>>
>>161106610
>I take that is because my ship can't jump far enough to close some gaps between systems, right?
probably, the computer isn't very good at plotting circuitous routes.
>tfw I went on my first explorer run in a sidewinder with 12 ly jump range and a c rated fuel scoop
I went to the pleiades, back before they were colonized
>>
>>161106758
The only actual reason to buy one of the variants this sale, is to buy the warbond version and save $10 on the ship's hull value so you can get 10$ of free CCU.
>>
>>161106308
Honestly think that if there was a game available we wouldn't spend this much.
CR is profiting off the waiting and boredom because it allows him to sell you your own imagination.
>>
>>161106832
>>161106826
Shit I've got a fuel scoop, I'm just gonna jump around the universe and enjoy the view for now.
>>
>>161107023
Don't get caught with no fuel around a shitty, unscoopable star. It's not fun.
>>
>>161106239
>>161106391
>Was heading out to a HIP system war in my Vulture
>See this
>Its like 550 Ly
Time to turn back around to Bhavas and grab my Diamondback E
>>
So, maby two months back, I found myself a system in E:D that I'd be happy to call "home"
Four stars with one being M class, three gas giants with some ice and metal rings, a whole slew of small bodies of metal & ice, which 21 are landable, a rocky asteroid field, and one really fucked up orbiting pattern to boot
Best part was that the high tech/refinery space station's air traffic controller had a fukken sweet "southern belle" accent to her voice.
Now I come back after a brief hiatus and the station is covered in red lights and the air traffic controller is replaced with some slavshit asshat
How do I get my belle back?
>>
>>161107023
exploring is pretty comfy. You might want to go to the pleiades actually, and buy a unit of meta alloys at maia. That plus selling exploration data will let you get engine, thruster and FSD upgrades from felicity farseer
>>
What are the chances of seeing ED ships in SC or vice versa? It could fit in the lore with SC having wormholes/jump points and raxxla/dark wheel being a thing in ED, and dont tell me you wouldnt like this to happen
>>
>>161107365
0%
>>
>>161107365
0%
>>
>>161107365
Zero percent
>>
>>161107365
non existent percentile
>>
what is the comfiest ship manufacturer and why is it zorgon peterson?
>>
>>161107203
Sounds like the controlling faction switched around from civil war Anon. I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
Are black holes going to be a thing in SC?
>>
What can I expect from $20 version Elite Dangerous? Is spending $40 to get Horizons a must?

I'm looking for a podcast/music listening immersive space game, should I expect pvp while doing things?
Is it even worth buying the game when I only have mouse/keyboard and Xbone controller?

Should I just forget about getting a spacesim for a couple of years until Star Citizen is fleshed out?
>>
>>161108342
you'll lose out on about half the mission variety
>>
>>161108240
i prefer the sleek, yet viscious and aggressive features of Silex-Gunther to be honest
>>
>>161105897
Yes, but now PTU and evocati dates have changed https://starcitizen.tools/Star_Citizen_Alpha_2.6.0#Production_Schedule
>>
>>161108342
also a controller would probably work but a cheap thrustmaster hotas is like 50 bucks and works great
>>
File: P-Whales2Scale_Zoom.jpg (2MB, 2000x2667px) Image search: [Google]
P-Whales2Scale_Zoom.jpg
2MB, 2000x2667px
>>161105534
>$700
Pilot whale clearly.
>>
>>161108342
You miss out on a bunch of mission types and can't land on planets or get engineer upgrades for your ships if you don't get Horizons, it's debatable whether or not it's worth it.

ED is a great game for listening to podcasts/music while "playing," just don't expect it to be an amazing meaty game with lots of content, and you'll be fine. Most of us are just treating it as a mediocre placeholder to scratch the space game itch until SC becomes more of a thing.

If you play in Open you can expect that you'll sometimes encounter pvp, especially if you head to community goals or any of the more popular systems, but you can avoid it entirely if you want by playing in Solo.

You don't need a fancy controller at all, mouse and keyboard works fine, as does an Xbone controller, but if you really want you can get a cheap HOTAS for the full immersion experience.
>>
Is SC going to have spacepriests like EVE?
>>
>>161108342
Controller + M/KB works great for Elite. Horizons adds a lot more mission variety alone so I would recommend it if you're getting Elite.
PvP isn't very common, especially if your exploring outside of the bubble where both the NPC and player population becomes near non-existent.
>>
>>161109660
what is that?
>>
File: 350r_flight_visual.jpg (160KB, 2000x667px) Image search: [Google]
350r_flight_visual.jpg
160KB, 2000x667px
>race around an asteroid course in the PU
>fill my ship with trophies
Who /racer/ here?
>>
>>161109968
>lose because the extra mass added by the trophies ruins your turning radius and acceleration.
>>
>>161110215
>mass affecting anything in SC

Weren't you there when people deliberately smashed the wings off their omegas and gammas to turn them into fucking 600 m/s rocketships before cruise existed?
>>
>>161110393
I don't think you quite comprehend what you just said disproves you, rather than backing you up on mass not affecting things.
>>
File: 1467798997683.jpg (57KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
1467798997683.jpg
57KB, 500x365px
I make about $68k a year and still feel paying $170 for a Sabre to be a little too much when I still dont have pedals or joysticks.

Is it something wrong with me, even when I really look forward for this game?
>>
>>161110393
*effecting

And you're proving me correct, they smashed the wings off to reduce mass. And by reducing mass they went faster, so increasing mass would make them slower. Just like adding cargo makes you slower, or stripping weapons and shields makes you faster.
>>
File: 10916.png (7KB, 185x67px) Image search: [Google]
10916.png
7KB, 185x67px
>>161110671
You have not yet crossed the "digital good are still goods" threshold. You probably wouldn't blink at someone spending $150 buck on concert tickets, and that shit will only last a few hours. Do like I do and rationalize by your lack of spending money on bad habits like smoking or drinking.

Discretionary spending is discretionary spending, what you actually spend it on is not relevant as long as your fixed and secondary expenses are covered, you're not paying via debt and you're not depriving anyone you are responsible for of your aid.
>>
>>161109727
Healers in space. Space ships that can heal other space ships.
>>
>>161110948
>someone spending $150 buck on concert tickets
Who the fuck pays one-hundred fifty dollars buck for concert tickets?
>>
File: 1459783595892.jpg (113KB, 504x403px) Image search: [Google]
1459783595892.jpg
113KB, 504x403px
>>161110948
Something just tells me I should spend the money on something else.

Maybe a vacation, new monitor, sim-pit, periphirals, furniture or something else because I dont know if the game will be good yet.
>>
>>161111359
More like space medics, there are repair ships but they dont really do their thing in combat.

The in combat healer is your flight engineering crew repairing components and reconfiguring shields on the fly to suit the situation.
>>
>>161110671
Depends how much you've already spent
>>
>>161111603
A fucking lot of people. Good tickets to a big name concert can run into the hundreds, same with major sporting events.

>>161111635
That is of course entirely a matter of your own discretion. It will be a good game, the question is when and how patient you are and whether you would rather just earn it in game.

Id say dont bother with the peripherals just yet, MKB may very well end up being the best way to play, I have a $200 HOTAS setup that I literally never use. New monitor is probably a good idea, I have a 1440 one and if you have the GPU to drive it its very neat.
>>
>>161110618
>past tense
retard
>>
File: 1462036305959.gif (468KB, 330x192px) Image search: [Google]
1462036305959.gif
468KB, 330x192px
>>161109968
>tfw canyon racing in an eagle with dirty enhanced performance thrusters
>>
>>161111943
Man, I'm glad I have good taste in music and don't have to pay 150 dollars buck to watch some eurofag to press play on his laptop.
>>
>>161110680
*affecting
>>
>Reclaimer my favorite ship
>Can only afford it by melting all my ships (including some LTI ones) and upgrading my game pack which would mean only 2 months of insurance
>On top of that, no sign of the reclaimer being playable any time soon

aaaaa, the smart thing to do would be to just wait until this time next year but god i want it
>>
Hey lads, any word on what ship interior customization/exploration will be like?

I'm a bit worried that combat and big capital ships will get all the attention.

I just want to explore the outer reaches of the galaxy in a big ass research ship, collecting specimins of animal and plant life, examining soil and core samples for mineral content, collecting data and cataloging natural wonders and phenomena both in space and on other planets.
>>
File: 74.jpg (102KB, 460x424px) Image search: [Google]
74.jpg
102KB, 460x424px
>>161111943
I got a 980TI and a 27" 144hz G-Meme monitor and a Vive set for fun.

I tried dual joystick at a friends house and it was really fun playing with it.

I find the dogfighting to be fun, but I have yet to see how fun the mining, salvaging, crafting, trading, missions, boarding, engineering, science etc... will be.
>>
>>161110393
>mass affect

kek
>>
>>161112626
So will science be in the game? I'm excited for the science
>>
>Just bought the Avenger Titan 2016 anniversary edition
Did..did I do okay?
>>
>>161112908
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

>4.0
>Science and Research – Retrieve samples from space and planetside locations for analysis, atmospheric manipulation, scan/analyze various phenomena.
>>
>>161112984
Did you get LTI?

85X LTI -> Avenger upgrade.
>>
>>161113029
FUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I probably have autism but this is super fucking exciting for me
>>
>>161113434
clam ur tinglies 4.0 is like a milllion years away
>>
>>161113029
Also when the fuck does this come out? I need a timeline or something to contain my excitement

>Retrieve samples

Fuck yes

>analyze

Hnnnnghhhhh

>atmospheric manipulation

No idea what that even means but I'm diamonds

>scan/analyze various phenomena

I'm fucking cumming buckets here.

Oh my god they're implementing fucking farming too. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>161113704
HOW MANY FUCKING MILLION YEARS???
>>
>>161113870
Two, maybe three.
>>
>>161111635
>because I dont know if the game will be good yet.
Remember that most of that shit can be obtained *in game*.

And if the marketing ethic is anything to go by, the game will be quite casual.
So the "life time insurance" will barely, barely effect gameplay.
>>
File: bert.jpg (72KB, 476x356px) Image search: [Google]
bert.jpg
72KB, 476x356px
>>161113752
>>161113870
How are you just learning about this now?

Remember when at citizencon CR said they'd be looking at a 2-3 month cycle between patches and 2.6 isn't even here yet?

so 2.6 probably some time in december 2016

3.0 March 2017

3.1 June 2017

3.2 September 2017

3.3 December 2017

4.0 March 2018

Then, because it's CIG, double it.

So June 2019.

lol
>>
>>161114021
Oh man

well time to forget this game exists
>>
>>161114106
I don't keep up with this info that much. Pretty much my only interest in the game is to explore and do science shit

So I will wait fucking 5 years I guess
>>
>>161114138
3.0 might be interesting, check back then.
>>
Upgraded my 85x to a Gladius.

Did I make a mistake or willl it be actually relevant in 2.6?
>>
So are we expecting any neat surprises in the grand finale?
>>
>>161114259
will it have science and exploration
>>
>>161114380
A handful of discounted game packages and I think Ben mentioned them putting standalone Endeavor modules on sale as well, not just the prebuilt variants.
>>
>>161114337
Gladius will have the same missile mounts on the wings as a Gladiator, but still shit guns, so you're rolling the dice on both missiles being effective and the new missile replenishment pickup system they're putting in AC working.

so no

>>161114380
no

>>161114458
not as actual mechanics, no, but planetary landing sand cargo will be a thing.
>>
>>161114518
>sand cargo

?????
>>
>>161114518
Well maybe I will transport rare cargo for money in order to be able to afford to by the fanciest science tools money can buy when they add them
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYQCtaP54qQ
Star Citizen: Galactic Tour Aegis Ships
>>
Whats a good ship in E:D for dedicated piracy?
When I kitted out a Clipper on Coriolis it seems like it would be a really good choice but fuck grinding Imp ranks. Whats a good alternative?
>>
>>161110671
If you make 68k a year but have to play 300k on loans @ 20% you are still poorer than someone who makes 20k a year
>>
>>161114662
planetary landings and cargo, silly

>>161114767
they will most likely wipe currency before then
>>
>>161114939
You're not going to find a ship in the Clipper's size range as maneuverable as the Clipper.
>>
>>161111603
i've payed much more than that for music festivals
>>
>>161114939
for pve piracy, any multirole should be fine, python is a decent choice
for pvp piracy, make sure you equip the anti-logging ray
>>
>>161115383
I'm aware, I'm asking for a good alternative not a 1:1 alternative. A ship that can fit good modules classes used for piracy and a cargo space suitable for piracy level hauling.
>>
File: 678678.png (20KB, 1795x342px) Image search: [Google]
678678.png
20KB, 1795x342px
Updated 2.6 internal schedule
>>
>>161115604

What is front end refactor and mega map?
>>
File: 1480118794804.jpg (76KB, 379x345px) Image search: [Google]
1480118794804.jpg
76KB, 379x345px
>A single close pass on a star is enough to refill over half of a ASP E with a 5A Fuel Scoop
>>
>>161115604

>5 days late already after a week

o i m laffin
>>
>>161115689
I think the front end reactor is the new SC downloader. CIG plans on putting all the Arena Commander/Star Marine on one giant map to reduce load times.

>>161115813
Increased transparency is a good thing.
>>
>>161115689
afaik Mega Map was about the ability to switch between AC gamemodes and such without having to go back to the menu every time.
>>
>>161115693
How does the component ranking system in Elite work anyway? With the numbers+letters and all.
>>
>>161112569
Remember that this is a video game not a real universe.
>>
>>161114106
Are we actually going from 2.6 straight to 3.0? why?
>>
>>161114518
Gladius having the same capacity as a Gladiator isn't going to something that sticks around, unless CIG is full retardo mode
>>
>>161117069
It was going to be from 2.6 to 2.7, but 2.7 morphed into a more full experience unbefitting the title.
>>
Whats the currently best thing to do with a Retaliator bomber?

also how long until i can use giant torpedos o fuck shit up?
>>
>>161117069
>straight to 3.0
Does noone here understand how version numbers work? They're not decimals.
>>
>>161112247
More like the Stones or Madonna.
>>
>>161116682
Numbers are the Module Size, the biggest stat jumps are between modules of different sizes
The Letter is the class of that Module, ranging from E-A with higher alphabetic letter being better. It should be noted however that D class Modules ALWAYS have the lowest Mass of all the classes.
How this applies to hardpoints is bigger is always better. The letter classes change depending on size and what type of hardpoint it is (fixed/gimballed/turret), with the lowest class for hardpoints being G. Letter class is typically an indicator of DPS for hardpoints. Which is why Turret hardpoints always have a low letter class because they have the least DPS.
>>
File: Cutter Basking.jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cutter Basking.jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
>>161116682
The number is size of the module. 1 being the smallest, 8 is the largest.
The letter just says how good it is. An "A" rated module is better than a "D" of the same size.
If you can you never want to use anything that isn't "A" or "D". D modules are the lightest for whatever reason and good for exploring. B's and C's have too much mass for their performance. The only exception to this is SCBs.
>>
>>161116682
Fully upgraded ships should almost always shoot for A Class modules. The only time this changes is when you need to make Power/Mass compromises. Life Support and Sensors are typically the first thing set to D if you need to trim down your mass.
>>
>>161117324
>Whats the currently best thing to do with a Retaliator bomber?

Fuck around, same as every other ship. Can't be used in AC yet though.

>also how long until i can use giant torpedos o fuck shit up?

You can already do that.
>>
>>161117669
>use the torpedos
Is that the same thing as using mouse wheel to lock a target? because they seem ratehr anemic for their size.
>>
>>161117669
>You can already do that.

Torpedoes aren't in the game yet, friend.
>>
File: 1479097940499.jpg (38KB, 465x311px) Image search: [Google]
1479097940499.jpg
38KB, 465x311px
>>161117325
>can you explain this to me
>DO YOU PEOPLE NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT.
>>
>>161117742
It fires placeholder S5 missiles.
>>
File: 1473743284843.jpg (68KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473743284843.jpg
68KB, 960x640px
>>161117440
>>161117570
>>161117627
I see. Thanks.
>>
>>161104242
No Alien LTI pack for those who missed Glaive too
I'll fucking kill him the old old cunt
>>
Holy fuck lads why didn't any of you tell me about this?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14972-Research-Unbound-The-MISC-Endeavor

>Musashi Industrial & Starflight Concern is proud to present the Endeavor-class research vessel, a fully modular space platform designed to be adapted for a variety of scientific and medical tasks. Initially developed as a floating laboratory, the MISC Endeavor can be outfitted for everything from spatial telescopy to use as mobile hospital. Today, we are pleased to offer your choice of an Endeavor hull in varying configurations or the option to ‘build your own’ by choosing individual component sections.

Literally my fucking biggest fetish.
>>
>>161108319
Well there's some on the star map
>>
>>161118262
he was also wrong about citizencon but his excuse was literally that he was merely pretending
i hope he doesn't show his face around here anymore.
>>
>>161118271
Just be aware that we don't really know how it's supposed to work outside of 'orgmates can respawn at the medical module and order their ships in the hangar', 'you can do some undefined science stuff' and 'somehow you need a giant particle accelerator to upgrade weapons'.
>>
Sabre or Super Hornet?
>>
>>161118532
nah the bantz keeps things lively
>>
>>161118639
Sabre will be receive nerf and hornet is probably of going to be the more modular
Sabre if stealth arouses you
>>
>>161118587
Don't care I'm gonna wait for it to come out and then buy one all for my fucking self
>>
Is the herald a good ship to upgrade my aurora for? I want a ship with a cozy interior.
>>
>>161116682
numbers are just the size. Bigger is.. bigger.
The letter grades are how 'good' it is, although there's more to it than that
E: stock part, useless. Dirt cheap, but they're heavy and crappy. Get rid of these.
D: slightly higher performance than E, but the real draw is that they're cheap and light. Use these on parts that you don't care about
C: middle of the road performance, price, and mass, as you'd expect
B: High performance, almost as high as A, and usually about 1/5 the price. But they're so heavy that it's punishing.
A: Highest performance per ton by far, but way, way more expensive than everything else.

Higher mass does more than reduce your top speed and jump range by the way. The bigger problem is how it affects your maneuverability- if your ship is too heavy for your thrusters your turns will be sluggish and your ships ability to course correct will be even worse. You'll have crap acceleration and even worse deceleration, you'll just drift around and smash in to things.
>>
>>161118906
tbqh the mustang beta interior is comfy af
>>
File: Herald 2.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
Herald 2.webm
3MB, 710x400px
>>161118906
Yes, Herald is comfy. Not as comfy as the Beta though.
>>
File: 1457462723419.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457462723419.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
I initially planned to upgrade my Cutlass Blue to a BMM during the sale, but now that we've seen the new Drake style on multiple ships and the rework is looking good I can't really bring myself to part with it.
>>
File: 20161126032926_1.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161126032926_1.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
Is this normal?
>>
>>161118639
SH can do more stuff
>>
>>161117875
explains the general lack of punch
>>
>>161117875
no it doesn't. they're the real torps now. the splash damage was disabled because shooting a single ship outside of the armistice zone which then flew over the olisar pads would destroy 80% of the landed ships
>>
>>161119612
Yeah, it's a distant companion star. I really wish you could just hyperjump to them, but I guess that wouldn't please all the dads.
>>
>>161120121
Feel free to look at the component data. They're essentially identical to the S5 Gladiator missiles.
>>
>>161119149
I assume the weapons rack can be modified to hold dew and doritos?
>>
File: edthisisfine.png (2MB, 1280x1493px) Image search: [Google]
edthisisfine.png
2MB, 1280x1493px
>Forgot to get out of Fuel Scoop range before engaging my FSD in a Sidewinder
>No Heat Sinks either
>>
File: 1471818249525.jpg (1MB, 3708x1389px) Image search: [Google]
1471818249525.jpg
1MB, 3708x1389px
>>161120632
I hope so
>>
File: 1473533180990.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473533180990.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Has there been any word on when the other Reliant versions will be out?
>>
>>161120237
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>161121059
3.3 was when they were listed for.
>>
What would be better for an Asp Explorer for FUN TIME COMEDY HOUR combat:
Two size 2 missle launchers on top & four size 1 laser turrets on bottom OR
Two size 2 gimballed lasers on top & four size 1 missles on bottom?
>>
File: 1436238289248.jpg (94KB, 677x631px) Image search: [Google]
1436238289248.jpg
94KB, 677x631px
>>161121845
>3.3

Holy shit. Well, that sucks.

Thanks for the answer.
>>
File: ded.jpg (167KB, 795x516px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
167KB, 795x516px
>>161112039
>tearing ass at full boost
>try pulling a hard invert
>black out as heat level rockets past 250%
>"Thruster malfunction"
>>
Stop flying into your own thruster exhaust
>>
>>161119612
>find a civil war imperial system to merc it up in
>drag my pigfat vulture there one 8ly jump at a time
>all the action is in a 15,000 ls out secondary star, and they're constantly giving out huge payout scanning missions for nearby systems
fucking kill me now
>>
>>161123540
You just want everything handed to you on a plate, don't be so privileged. It's called IMMERSION. If you expect your participation trophy on a silver platter, maybe you're playing the wrong game.
>>
File: 1479872421308.png (441KB, 1299x1322px) Image search: [Google]
1479872421308.png
441KB, 1299x1322px
>Get a message from New 17 Draconis Alliance to kill for them instead
>Usually I think nothing of this, its a random opportunity you can receive from the opposing faction of the Massacre mission you took
>But in the context of 17 Draconis its fucking hilarious
>So many Sidewinders are suicide bombing their outpost they're begging them to stop
>>
File: 359320_20161125223521_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
359320_20161125223521_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>161124279
ALLAHU AHKBAR
>>
File: 1476584814018.png (255KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476584814018.png
255KB, 500x500px
>>161103080
>the only way they'll get to fly is to sign up and serve
fuck me
now I want to buy a vanguard god damnit
>>
>>161127256
Remember only the variants are worth a shit. The Warden's primary feature is that it has a kitchenette, no really.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxJj-Tkp8P4
FLYING STEEL SAUSAGES
>>
Can you melt something as soon as you've bought it, just for the store creds?
>>
>>161106308
Literally went from
"I dunno, pretty pay to win, is anything even playable? how does it all tie together?"
to
"Wait, I spent $320 on this game in 30 days? fuck me..."
The damn free fly weekend ruined me.
>>
File: Exploit fun.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Exploit fun.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Suicidal Sidewinder discovers secret way to making DANK ASS CASH in MINUTES
Dad's HATE HIM
<<< Learn more HERE
>>
>>161128036
I'm guessing that you need to have allied status with these factions?

I went to check out 17 Draconis and the missions available there all paid shit, i was however only at neutral status.
>>
>>161127839
24 hour wait before you can melt
>>
>>161127839
gotta wait 24 hours from the original purchase
>>
File: reclaimer.jpg (207KB, 1415x939px) Image search: [Google]
reclaimer.jpg
207KB, 1415x939px
Just noticed it chilling in the background.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

I want one.
>>
>>161128421
Ta.
>>
>>161128318
Just keep doing it and the payout gets higher and higher since they keep giving you better missions for being higher reputation.
The process goes like:
>Accept massacre missions from Jet Bridge Inc. in 17 Draconis at Paradiso Outpost
>Make sure you have a Sidewinder with Dumbfire Missile Racks, 2 Size 1 Cargo Racks too since some of the missions give commodities and they require the space to accept them
>Fly to Faraday Keep in the same system
>Fly into range for the Skimmers to spawn
>Blow up all of the Skimmers
>Log out
>This resets the Skimmers spawn
>Rinse and repeat until the Massacre missions are complete
>When they are ALLAHU AHKBAR into the ground so you go back to the Station instantly for negatable insurance cost
>Collect your rewards
>Accept more Massacre missions
>Do it all over again
People are making 100 mil in just a few hours doing this shit.
>>
>>161117069
3 point oh BIG! many game hour! many new thing! many ship! many thing!

2 point six is meh i could do without any of this shit being focused on seriously by developers as anything other than a stepping stone patch purely for future gameplay balance and QA
>>
Fuck, I just placed an order, but didn't finalize payment because I fucked up and didn't use my store credits.

Order status is now "Open" - how long will this take to cancel?

Fuck.
>>
pay but intentionally mess up the credit card info
it will decline the transaction immediately
>>
>>161129178
Ah nice, was able to cancel, thanks.
>>
>>161128904
Fuck me. This can't be worth reinstalling right?
>>
File: fleet.png (20KB, 721x245px) Image search: [Google]
fleet.png
20KB, 721x245px
post your fleet
dolphin edition

https://raylehnhoff.github.io/SCFSD/
>>
File: 1479854284994.jpg (4MB, 10000x4814px) Image search: [Google]
1479854284994.jpg
4MB, 10000x4814px
>>161130120
If the game isn't keeping interested you otherwise I think its safe to say a fast cash exploit probably isn't worth the reinstall, no.
>>
>>161130402
you interested*
>>
>>161130402
I just wanted content, friendo. I Have an anaconda but not enough to outfit it effectively and I've considered exploration but that can only last for so long.
>>
>>161130502
If you're looking for a way to bypass the grind for cash then this is the chance. If you're gonna do it do it quick before the war ends.
>>
>>161130304
Reclaimer

Cutlass

Gladius

85_x

Caterpillar

Ursa rover

Dragonfly

buccaneer

graycat

aurora ln
>>
>>161130609
Then I'll wait until something ridiculous like accepting slave missions then selling the slaves exploit that cropped up. Thanks anyway, friend.
>>
File: fleet (1).png (5KB, 290x94px) Image search: [Google]
fleet (1).png
5KB, 290x94px
>>161130304
Planning on upgrading the Gladius to a Buccaneer or Sabre, if the Gladius never gets buffed to some degree of adequacy.
>>
>>161105380
>unless they renege
you spelt until wrong anon
>>
File: redeemer concept.jpg (254KB, 1920x1104px) Image search: [Google]
redeemer concept.jpg
254KB, 1920x1104px
How did we go from this...
>>
File: StarCitizen Redeemer Gunship.jpg (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
StarCitizen Redeemer Gunship.jpg
279KB, 1920x1080px
>>161132369
...to this?
>>
>>161132369
Does it matter anymore? Just get a hoplite or cutlass and forget the Redeemer exists
>>
File: fleet (1).png (115KB, 1440x1161px) Image search: [Google]
fleet (1).png
115KB, 1440x1161px
r8 my small penis fleet
>>
>>161132474
>fatten entire ship
>increase armament
>add power armor station
>remove manned turrets, replace with automated, either in the same spots or on the "wings"
>encase pilots seat like on the Prowler
>it's a "Gunship", it doesn't need to be good at deploying troops, let it support them

fixed
>>
>>161133146
Wait a fucking minute, do we need stations to carry the power armor?
>>
>>161133416
Need a charging station for the titan armor
>>
I havent played in a year or two and just got horizons, is there anything new besides just the stations on planets, like maybe possibly something that encourages people to work together sorta like the conflict zones or RES sites?

Also im not aware of any areas of interest besides the starting area, and sol, and sothis maybe, is there anything else worth checking out or another area filled with people?
>>
>>161133565
Oh shit, do you think it will fit in a cutlass?
>>
>>161128904
oh fuck its happening, what

whats the name of the star system, 17 draconis?

sry i havent played in a while
>>
>Fidel Castro died before having the chance to play Star Citizen

RIP
>>
>>161134419
The only good commie is a dead commie.
>>
>>161134419
That reminds me, have any of you thought about naming your ships? Will they let us paint them like ww2 fighters?
>>
>>161134594
I hope so. I want a Gladiator painted up like a TBF Avenger. Also, an Old Crow Vanguard.
>>
>>161132474

They changed the thruster design on the inside because when they asked CIG if the original thruster design was acceptable for the specs they were given for the ship, CIG said no.
>>
File: SadCastro.jpg (344KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
SadCastro.jpg
344KB, 2000x1333px
>>161134419
>>
>>161134816

*Which doesn't fucking matter NOW because CIG went in and changed all the specs anyway because the original specs were anemic for a gunship.
>>
File: fleet.jpg (51KB, 741x682px) Image search: [Google]
fleet.jpg
51KB, 741x682px
>>161130304
>>
File: fleet.png (4KB, 325x64px) Image search: [Google]
fleet.png
4KB, 325x64px
>>161130304

if you insist
>>
>>161134419
>tfw you realize Castro never got to experience true space communism
>>
Is the Warlock a limited sale? If I miss it now will I regret it?

That emp does things to me jimmies.
>>
>>161136343
Its not a limited sale item. You can buy it in game eventually and I suspect it will come up for sale again like it has before.
>>
So what is the main police organization in Star Citizen? I know the Advocacy is pretty much the space FBI, but who are the guys handing out traffic tickets?
>>
>>161136582

The Advocacy.
>>
I promised I wouldn't spend any more money on this game
I promised I wouldn't.. I

>Confirm transaction

Fuck me.
>>
>>161136660
WHAT'D YA BUY ANON?
WHY DIDN'T YOU BUY ME A POLARIS?
>>
>>161136660
I know this feel, I can't even imagine what is going to happen on finale day.
>>
I really hope they put the Polaris up again. Fuck me.
>>
File: Avenger Renegade 2.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Avenger Renegade 2.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>161136582
Most of the policing in space is up to the system militia. The Advocacy goes after you if they're in the area and really feel like it, or you've fucked up bad.
>>
Friendly reminder that buying ships is pretty much spending money on cutting out gameplay. If you have nothing to work towards you're not going to have as much fun.
>>
>>161136954
>Being poor
>>
>>161136954
What if I'm a Dad and don't have much time to play but tons of disposable income?
>>
>>161128904
wait where do you get the new sidewinder each time, paradiso only has 3 ships and the minimum one is 140,000
>>
>>161136954
It doesn't have to cut out gameplay.
I'm going LN + Super Hornet.
LN for playing with my poorfag / late-to-game friends and for natural early game progression.
SH for private time when I just want to crush skulls.
>>
>>161137040
You need to fly a kitted Sidewinder out there or get it transferred m8. Don't worry about it now because Draconis downgraded to Civil Unrest a few minutes ago and the mission output went down as a result.
>>
>>161105262
Super Hornet isn't military grade
>>
File: ss (2016-11-26 at 02.56.27).jpg (104KB, 806x610px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-11-26 at 02.56.27).jpg
104KB, 806x610px
>>161136770
I'm not THAT rich.

Pic related, it's all I own in SC right now. Granted, the Warlock upgrade was only $25, but still, I'm not supposed to spend this fucking much on a game in alpha. Help.
>>
>>161137393
F7A is the UEE Hornet, which is being phazed out by the F8/Sabre ?
>>
>>161137131
its over?

i still have a bunch of missions worth about a million

but it says go to a conflict zone, why are people killing drones on this planet?
>>
>>161137723
Each Skimmer counts as a ship
6 spawn at a time
You can kill multiple with a single missle
You can respawn them by relogging in.
>>
>>161138237
whered you get dumb fire missles?

i got seekers by accident, and i cant seem to find a high tech system at all in this area
>>
Ugh Stinger in VS / PU when?
http://i.imgur.com/H1Cz3iG.gifv
>>
>>161138401
Its a good idea to set up a "Skimmer Winder" at some point for stuff like this, you're gonna need to head back towards the bubble for dumbfires.
>>
The Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 is on sale for $40 is it any good?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PJ68BK/
>>
>>161138687
whats "the bubble"?
>>
File: 115229461.jpg (322KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
115229461.jpg
322KB, 1024x1024px
It's amazing this guy is making games now.
>>
>>161138957
it's a bit light, a bit cheap, and it doesn't quite have enough buttons, but it's way better than nothing
>>
>>161138973

Civilized space.
>>
>>161139386
>literally copied from a thread 3 years ago

/scg/ is memery bankrupt
>>
File: robertsa_gr.jpg (169KB, 900x842px) Image search: [Google]
robertsa_gr.jpg
169KB, 900x842px
>>161139443
It's amazing how many things commandos remember, and how many things they forget...like the game that isn't ever going to release and all the money they dumped into it
>>
>>161139507
Oh please, you're not a goon. You're just a regular trying to wrangle some newfag (You)s because you're bored.
>>
>all the aliens in SC are disgusting lizard people or birdmen

We're purging the Galaxy of this filth, right? Right guys?
>>
>>161139574
>Not colonizing their women with superior Human seed
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 225x224px
>>161139659
>Please let us rape people when we board their ships
>>
Anyone got some sweet animation webms, like that alien fighter that folds out when it takes off?
>>
>>161139659
>having your dick slough off from xian cloaca acid

no thanks, you xenophile freak
>>
File: tumblr_o5bgc5WH2S1uluhv2o1_500.gif (2MB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5bgc5WH2S1uluhv2o1_500.gif
2MB, 470x470px
Who here went from hyped for freelancer 2, to disappointed they went for infinite development for infinite pledges, to happy that they're adding so much depth?
>>
File: 1479178620864.png (258KB, 1482x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1479178620864.png
258KB, 1482x1392px
I hope 2.6 fixes ESP

Because it's fucking awful not having it if you fly fixed
>>
>>161140268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1oF2C7iN_A

Here
>>
>>161139685
>board an autists npc crewed javvy
>kill his crew
>empty his hold
>steal his pets
>release deranged rapist I've been holding in one of my cells
In space no one can hear you scream
>>
This game looks really nice. But their scope is massive as fuck, i wonder if they will even be able to finish the game as an indie company and bring out of the buggy as fuck alpha state
>>
>>161050835
>MMO where you never interact with other people
I love mmos but suffer from a crippling social anxiety and i would absolutely love a game like that
>>
>>161140939

> i wonder if they will even be able to finish the game as an indie company and bring out of the buggy as fuck alpha state

Nope. Chris keeps hoarding money overseas until its time to escape. Derek Smart is going to personally track him down and put him in the shame circle when he does.
>>
>>161140939

Well it's got the budget and workforce of a AAA, maybe he can pull it off. It's starting to look like it's coming together, I wouldn't recommend following the progress though, it's less painful to just forget about Star Citizen for now.
>>
>>161140939
check out the e3 video of 3.0, they've come a long way
>>
>>161140268
Honestly after the first trailer I was hyped for Starlancer 2. Then I got worried when all this insane feature creep PU stuff started showing up. Now i'm just slightly amazed they seem to be actually slowly pulling it off, one piece at a time.

>>161140939
I wouldn't call them indie at all. Sure, they meet the technical definition by being independent of a publisher, but with 300+ staff they're just as big as any AAA studio.
>>
>>161141061
>I wouldn't recommend following the progress though, it's less painful to just forget about Star Citizen for now.

For me following it isn't really about hype at all any more,more a hobby than anything else. It's kinda fun keeping track of things and theorizing about the future.
>>
File: just fuck my code up.png (93KB, 228x313px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my code up.png
93KB, 228x313px
I want to ship a care package of nyquil and good bourbon to Mark Abent
>>
>>161141061
Depends on how big the workforce is. Basically this game would need a work force of the size of the entire team that handled WOW during its peak time. That is a massive core of people. Dozens of millios of $ mean nothing here, we are almost in billions if we tally all the various costs. (just look how much work and money a single shitty movie like transformers takes) and that is just a video. Here you need to build the entire environment, not just specific scene, and servers to support the whole word, where movies don't need those at all.
>>
File: fleet(1).png (16KB, 741x505px) Image search: [Google]
fleet(1).png
16KB, 741x505px
>>161130304
Still want my tally back.
>>
>>161141272
Being a code monkey is better than being a grease monkey changing oil in the rain laying in a mud puddle.
>>
>>161141282
by far the largest chunk of that budget for movies or games is advertising dollars, which don't apply here
>>
>>161141467
It pays better too but you will have regrets about wasting your life like that 20 years later anyway
>>
File: fleet.png (19KB, 744x504px) Image search: [Google]
fleet.png
19KB, 744x504px
>>161141398
Well thats weird as shit, the website wont give me a complete image when I save.
>>
>>161141467
is it? his eyes are always so red
>>
>>161141282
You're talking straight out of your ass with regards to costs.
>Billions if we tally the various costs.
Please do, otherwise that statement is completely baseless.
>Movie production.
It's not a movie and no equivalence of costs can be made, again, thats speculative asspull.
>>
File: 1478739023383.jpg (164KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1478739023383.jpg
164KB, 640x1136px
so can someone explain how the new missile system works, as does removing cruise mode?

i've picked up tidbits from around but haven't seen much in terms of explanation
>>
GOTTA GO FAST
This is absolute highest it will go without Engineer tuning, trying to skimp even more mass doesn't increase it any further.
>>
Logitech 963290-0403 Extreme 3D Pro $17.49

I wonder if buying two would make for a good dual stick setup.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-963290-0403-Extreme-Joystick-Windows/dp/B00009OY9U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1480154514&sr=1-1&keywords=Logitech+963290-0403+Extreme+3D+Pro
>>
File: 5oxGPoC.png (14KB, 655x377px) Image search: [Google]
5oxGPoC.png
14KB, 655x377px
>>161130304
The Carrack is currently in the form of Caterpillar and i have Carrack>Hull D and Hull D>Carrack upgrades, will decide on which one i want to keep when all 3 are out.
>>
File: gAXPGjI.jpg (699KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
gAXPGjI.jpg
699KB, 2560x1440px
>>161141791
Cruise isn't an IFCS mode anymore, you just punch the burners in a straight line and eventually you'll get up to cruise speed and stay there, turning will bleed speed off and you'll have to accelerate again.

I'm not clear on new missiles either. I think they're just adding new sets of rack mounts that are more modular and scalable like the gun turrets, Where on the same pylon you can put either one size X missiles or two size X+1 missiles and so on, giving you a greater ability to pick and choose your loadout rather than being locked into a certain size and number of missiles per ship.
>>
>>161141806
>480 m/s top speed without boost
And I thought the Clipper's normal speed was fast.
>>
>tfw you have been to early, you will never experience when star citizen is real life in like 900 years
>it's okay tho because you would have been stuck working as a loser janitor on some boring rock mining base on some desert planet all your life never even leaving it
the feels are mixed
>>
>>161141940
>turning will bleed speed off
fucking why
>>
Fucking Twerk17 makes me want to buy a Hotas now, and also fly a Vanguard.
>>
>>161142053
You do know there is this thing called physics right?
If you want to change movement vector of a certain mass, like a ship, you need to apply enough energy to do so.
>>
>>161141940

is there a list sitting around of what the SCM speeds are?
>>
So... i have a question. How realistic will the space ships be? Basically i am into simulators, so will it be realistic like that?
For example, can you push AC buttons on a dash board to change cockpit air temperature and other autistic shit like that?
>>
>>161142053
Exactly >>161142114 Turning means firing thusters on an axis other than primary axis of travel which will result in a net loss of velocity on the primary axis.

>>161142126
Not that I know of, though rumor has it the retaliator is going to be very very fast for its size.
>>
>>161141962
class 3 enhanced performance thrusters are some serious shit
they even make couriers decent.
>>
Have we ever gotten a number on the Caterpillars new cargo capacity? stats page has it as only a bit more than a freelancer, which simply cannot be right anymore.
>>
>>161141962
>top speed
this better be a fucking joke.
the only top speed in vacuum without gravity is the speed of light. on planets you are limited in air, but in space even if you grab your 100000 ton ship and start farting you will eventually accelerate to the speed of light.
I hate autistic made up limits like that
>>
>>161142453
Go and play Kerbal then.
>>
>>161142210
>>161142114
>implying the bleed won't be artificial and well above what you'd see just from rotation
>>
>>161049632
Remember password/auto-login for the launcher when???
>>
>>161142513
I could even live with a global speed limit. For example let's say 10000km/h or some shit like that since the engine would have trouble handling super speed, but this limit needs to be identical for all objects.
There is simply no way a jet fighter can have higher maximum speed than some large battle ship. It simply doesn't work that way.
>>
>>161142523
>implying any part of any space combat sim game's flight model ever is designed to be or is supposed to be "realistic" rather than for "fun" gameplay.
>>
>>161142570
If you want a psuedo approximation of realtivistics play Kerbal. Don't expect any game that gives you "space dogfighting" to let you have unrestricted (or very high) speed., unless you build it yourself, and realize no one actually wants to play firing lasers for 0.1second at a target thats 10ls away from you.
>>
>>161142523
I will bet your ass the whole movement system will be pants down retarded and have the classical game clichés in it.
For example, let's say you floor the gas in your ship and it takes 10 seconds to accelerate from 0 to your maximum speed which is say 1000m/s.
The you decide you want to stop so you floor the breaks and you stop in say 3 seconds.
Almost every flying game does this, but what is wrong here? Everything. Like i said before, there is no top speed in space but the speed of light, and second your main engine is on the back of the ship and is say 50 time stronger than maneuver thruster which you use to turn and shit. This means that when you break (as in move in reverse, you don't break by using the main eng, but the thrusters) so breaking would not take 3 seconds, not even 10 seconds (unless you did 180 and floored the gas again) but in fact would take 500 seconds.
When games ignore stuff like this it makes my realism autism boil at planck temperatures.
>>
>>161142570
The Limit is set by the G tolerances of both the crew and craft, Top speed is about how fast you can go while still retaining the ability to maneuver in a timely and non lethal fashion. Hence why In SCM you can turn very well but not go all that fast, in Cruise you cant really turn but move along at a fairly good pace and in QT you cant turn at all.

Its all about the mass and thruster power of the ship in question, along with how many Gs you can pull without turning the crew into jello. Big fat ships cant get going all that quick of their weaker retro and maneuvering thrusters won't be able to change course and slow the ship in a reasonable amount of time. THis is space opera not hard sci-fi and there are obstacles in space which must be avoided, smacking into an asteroid is a very real danger. and If you're going 150000m/s you'll never be able to turn before you crash because you're a human and not a computer.
>>
>>161142667
Then why not limit normal dogfights to like steroid fields and planets and shit, where slow speeds make sense, and have the super speed dogfights in open space, so that way the game is even better because you have both styles of game play in it and on top of that both of them fully realistic
>>
>>161142809
Actually that is incorrect. What are you talking about is acceleration. If you accelerate from 1 to 1000 on 0.1 seconds, then everyone gets pancaked, but if you accelerate from 1 to 1000 in one hours, the G force won't be any bigger than in a car. And once you hit 1000 and stop accelerating there won't be any gforces at all.
>>
>>161142579
bleed is anti-fun though
>>
>>161142770
The only time you ever fire your primary thrusters at full is when you are making a QT burn. The primary engines are for interplanetary travel only, all other speed limits are set by crew tolerance and practical change of course. There a reason losing primary thrust in a fighter only slightly effects its maneuverability, thats because you're not making much use of it to begin with and flying primarily on maneuvering thrusters. Hence why you can slow down just as fast, Most bigger ships have dedicated retro thrusters to deal with this issue as well.

You are never, ever accelerating at max possibles Gs because max possible Gs would kill a human instantly. The only thusters you ever fire fully are the maneuvering and retros when you slow down because that's all they are designed to do.
>>
>>161142949
Maybe. I'm not gonna lie, I really enjoy SCM/CRU fights in PU, kind of a natural boom and zoom, flipping down from cruise the scm when you want to turn, then hitting cruise to blast in that direction.

Sounds like 2.6s AB up to CRU and speed bleed whilst turning might kill this. It depends really on how fast AB accel is
>>
>>161142943
No you misunderstand, its not the acceleration that'll get you, its the deceleration from that very high speed. you can accelerate as slowly as you like, but if you are headed towards a rock 5000000m distant at 500000 m/s you have to change course RIGHT NOW or you are dead you have ten seconds on this course before you splatter, so you either decelerate hard and die or you alter course slightly, which is still a crazy high G maneuver and also die. As such huge speeds even tiny changes in course produce lethally massive G forces so turns must be made extremely slowly, and they must be calculated perfectly, more perfectly than a human can do in a couple seconds. Additional there is an upper limit to how quickly humans can perceive and address danger, we have really only eyes in space and they are not particularly good at judging distance beyond a few thousand meters, only flight computers will ever be able to maneuver safely at those speeds, and flying the ship manually is pretty much at the core of the space game genre, so we get stuck with human manageable and survivable speed limits. The limiting factor in everything here is the fact that it is a game with humans involved and in space travel humans will always be the weak link.
>>
>>161143067
Also, AB fighting might be the new "thing", humans today in flight suits *can* go 9-14g, so 9.8-137 m/s^s - so AB burning could in SC bump you from 150 -> 550 in 3 seconds, which would still allow for some pretty serious boom/zooming
>>
File: 20161126051905_1.jpg (287KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161126051905_1.jpg
287KB, 1920x1080px
Fuck yes
>>
>Flying around in new sabre
>Go to Yela
>Decide to go for a random cruise through the belt, see if I find something interesting
>After flying for a bit I see some green lights
>Approach it
>It's a wreck
>Decide to EVA to see if there's any way to interact with it
>The moment the animation ends I die
Does this happens a lot to other players too? Happens with different ships too
>>
>>161143284
That's positive gs, blood-to-the-legs.

Humans can tolerate 20g eyeballs-in for short periods, which is coincidentally about what the 350r pulls in a boosted forwards acceleration.
>>
>>161142570
If I remember correctly, the top speeds are imposed by ship's flight computer based on thrust to mass ratio and overall maneuverability of the ship, in order to prevent pilots from an heroing into asteroids at speeds that disallow them to change their course in reasonable time. That's the fluff explanation anyway, it's obviously for game balance first and foremost.
>>
>>161143413
Yeah, 20g in the eyes leads to detatched retinas and blindness from what i've read on wiki :)
>>
>>161143480
That's eyeballs-out during deceleration. Eyeballs-in is generally fine.
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-26+at+05.47.23).jpg (124KB, 826x773px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-26+at+05.47.23).jpg
124KB, 826x773px
I really want to buy something during this sale but I can't justify paying upwards of sixty dollars on a ship. I'd love to get a Caterpillar but that is going to have to wait until the game releases and while my plan was always going to be to upgrade my Alpha to the Beta I feel like that'd be a bad decision since Cargo mechanics are going to be implemented much sooner than exploration mechanics and it'd be best to wait until then.
Also I bought a Dragonfly despite having nowhere to put it. Might stick it in a friend's Constellation.

Any worthwhile upgrades I can make? I'd like the Herald since it seems really comfy but the primary functionality won't be usable until at well into next year if even then.
>>
>>161143397
They placed stuff in the belt? Or was that just a wreck from a previous dogfight?
>>
>>161143576
>I really want to buy something during this sale but I can't justify paying upwards of sixty dollars on a ship
>Also I bought a Dragonfly despite having nowhere to put it

Why not buy an Avenger then? I'm sure you could fit a Dragonfly inside a Titan.
>>
>>161143576
You could get an Avenger Titan or Stalker with a CCU, its pretty much a T2 starter ship.
>>
>>161143642
No idea, I died before I could find out more
>>
>>161143642
placed. they've been there for months.
>>
>>161143693
The avengers cargo door is pretty tiny, I'm not sure you could get a dragonfly in and out, even if it technically fit.
>>
File: my_fleet-20161126.png (35KB, 1266x396px) Image search: [Google]
my_fleet-20161126.png
35KB, 1266x396px
>>161130304
Carrack is currently in the form of a Sabre Comet.
I shall upgrade when the
Carrack nears Hangar readiness/get tired of Sabre/loaner-Constellation is less buggy
>>
>>161130402
Hey that's my screenshot.
>>
>>161143891
The Dragonfly has a storage mode which makes it much smaller. I can't remember the exact storage size it takes up in that mode but its pretty small. It may be able to fit into an Avenger Titan.
>>
>>161143989
Fer-De-Lance-chan, so kawaii
>>
File: fleet.png (1015B, 252x28px) Image search: [Google]
fleet.png
1015B, 252x28px
>>161130304
Who Aurora masterrace here?
>>
File: Drakeonfly reveal.webm (1MB, 1036x544px) Image search: [Google]
Drakeonfly reveal.webm
1MB, 1036x544px
>>161144041
it really doesn't seem that much smaller
>>
>>161144535
I think they are still working on it?
>>
File: Drake_Dragonfly_Modes.jpg (2MB, 4961x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Drake_Dragonfly_Modes.jpg
2MB, 4961x2480px
>>161144535
that's not the compact mode

they probably haven't animated it yet
>>
Any money exploits in Elite
>>
File: Drakeonfly first outing.webm (3MB, 972x538px) Image search: [Google]
Drakeonfly first outing.webm
3MB, 972x538px
>>161144621
how is that not the compact mode? it looks exactly like your pic. the wings just splay out more during use.
pause at the end here, still compact, precision mode I assume
>>
>>161144631
Read the thread. Its was one of the main points of discussion earlier.
>>
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15614-Esperia-Prowler-Q-A-Part-2
>>
>>161144789
>how is that not the compact mode? it looks exactly like your pic.

except the front grav engines re sticking out way beyond the hood? It looks like ground mode, not compact.

Anyway, not that guy but i'm pretty sure there was a clip of the compact mode dragonfly kicking around on AtV at one point and what was in the webm is not it.
>>
So like, was the Avenger implemented before the module system was fleshed out enough to be useable. I mean, is it even yet? Am I mistaken that eventually the Avenger will be able to just swap modules as needed?
>>
>>161144796
Could you at least point on starting post? You can't make me read trough all the /scg/ posts, didn't be so heartless
>>
>>161144860
well I'd like to see it then, concept to playable is never identical, and it doesn't get much more 'storage mode' than in a packing crate. in the homestead demo they're much more wide open than this
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (2MB, 3200x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
2MB, 3200x1080px
Alright boys post your rewards from 17 Draconis.

800+ million here, got all this money and an A-Rated FDL in the bubble worth about 120 million

>>161144631
I think the 17 Draconis one just ended, system is not in civil war anymore and I'm not seeing any mission worth more than 6 million.

Just made another 100 million in this last run right now.
>>
>>161144908
Not implemented yet but yes avenger will be modular in some regard
>>
>>161144982
"ctrl+f" is your friend, but here>>161128904
>>
>>161145123
Right now I have two Avengers. A Titan for the cargo space, and I just discovered the potential of the Warlock's EMP. (Protip, it's amazing if you have a friend to capitalize on it.)

But I don't especially want multiple Avengers, just the option to swap that shit out. So now the question, is what to turn my non-lti avenger/game package into.
>>
File: 1377652233299.jpg (276KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1377652233299.jpg
276KB, 1600x1200px
>>161142196
Cabine pressurization will be a thing, Heat management will be a thing (for ship and EVA armor), along artificial gravity.
You are not expected to touch those on a regular basis but since they exist you'll certainly have a button for them, but it will surely be in the UI rather than a physical button (because it's much easier to change).
You are however expected to manage power and shield more often, UI again.

If you want a simulator that you haven't heard about here : look for "Rogue System", it's early access but you'll have so much button to push you'll rename yourself Stanley.

>>161142453
If you want realistic then we remove space-fighter, cockpit, FTL, artificial gravity and we add fuel tank that are bigger and heavier than your ship, battle happen beyond visual range and are 100% automated. It will typically start and end while you were blinking.

> if you grab your 100000 ton ship and start farting you will eventually accelerate to the speed of light.
You are actually very very wrong, your Specific impulse will be quite literally shit, you can only hope to reach the speed of your fart's air and you won't have the deltaV anyway.
Only a Laser-sail, Photon drive or antimatter drive photo-antiphoton could hope to reach that speed. (bussar Ramjet have been disproven)

I hate autist who don't understand the point of made up limits.

>>161143276
You are right on everything but just saying, if you see the asteroid far away enough you can pull an avoidance burn rated in milli-g
>>
>>161145227
Maybe get a freelancer to suit your cargo/exploration fix while using a warlock for combat?
>>
>>161145227
melt an avenger, pickup an lti 85x, do as you see fit with it?
>>
>>161144987
It went down to Civil Unrest then went back up to Civil War.
I'm making another run with a 6 and 9 mil.
>>
>>161145539
Oh well I'm already back at the bubble with tons of money, I don't think I need any more. Now I'll just buy whatever I want and finally enjoy the game without worrying about rebuy.
>>
>>161145272
>You are actually very very wrong, your Specific impulse will be quite literally shit, you can only hope to reach the speed of your fart's air and you won't have
that is completely and utterly wrong. This is literally elementary school physics and math, look it up
>>
>>161145572
>Game keeps spawning a Condor as the guard ship
Thanks for adding another count every reset I guess?
>>
>>161145602
That surgical copy paste to remove the DeltaV context and subsequently troll on it.

In case you are just a moron, he's saying for each fart, you will maximally increase your velocity by the inverse velocity of that gas emission (that would be assuming you have the same mass as the fart) - and that you do not have the DeltaV required in fuel if you are near massless to continue farting to propel yourself up to C.
>>
As much as people love reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5ewdrw/production_schedule_report_changes/
is a solid outline of whats changed and I enjoy reading a little more in depth outlined things like this.
>>
>>161145602
This website back me up, go on, disprove it.
You can't reach speed of light unless your exhaust/fart reach the speed of light.
http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/engines.php#id--Exhaust_Velocity
Go on, find the error in that page, until you do that's the last (you) get from me
>>
>>161146315
God i hate reddit.
>>
Any R34 about Star Citizen of SC shifu?
>>
>>161146410
Mnnn, please make some.
I need to see some fighter shipfu
>>
>>161146771
What happened to shipfu anon? Is he still around?
>>
>>161146315
thanks ;^) but that is pretty obsolete now that people are doing proper diffs of the reports linked on the new reddit/community wiki:

https://starcitizen.tools/Production_Schedules

https://www.diffchecker.com/ucNCNlQy
>>
>>161144825
Can someone buy me a prowler?
No?
Ok.

Best troop transportfu!
>>
>>161147051
didn't know about those that is pretty nifty thank you.
>>
>>161147096
>troop transport
How likely is this to be actually useful at all outside of sq 42? Why the fuck would you not just fly your own ship and board. I can kind of see the redeemer being useful since it's basically a flying ifv and could clear the enemy hanger out for you but it's still a fucking huge stretch.
>>
>>161147145
Thank the wiki contributors, especially the guy that webarchived the old post in its entirety, and the guy that posted in the comments, /u/alistair3149.
>>
>>161147249
No idea. I think people are greatly overestimating the amount of ship boarding that will actually happen in the game, but maybe that's just me.
>>
>>161147249
>what is capture the idris
>>
>>161147249
>>161147413
Yeah there seems to be to much hype around it I dont think anyone will really see any ship boarding right away as the design is now doesn't seem to effect anyone unless they are in a constellation size ship or larger and most anything under that hardly seems fit to land or attach to many of the larger ships without an anchor or tether we dont yet have.

I think the pirating side of the game is overall the most unknown aspect.
>>
File: bravenvision.jpg (79KB, 480x232px) Image search: [Google]
bravenvision.jpg
79KB, 480x232px
>went from shitty Python to A rated Anaconda thanks to 17 Draconis

SUCK IT BRABEN
>>
File: benosphere wisdom.png (41KB, 626x334px) Image search: [Google]
benosphere wisdom.png
41KB, 626x334px
How is this guy still working at CIG?
>>
rumor: evocatchi coming tuesday

derp shart BTFOOTYAY
>>
>>161147749
expecting any form of competence from someone that obese.
>>
>>161147749
i dont think he actually is. he was in their stream last week as a "guest" but otherwise hasnt been on cam since he almost died from septicemia over the summer
>>
>>161147749
Ridding Chris Robert's dick for 20 years?
>>
>>161147765
"""""""""""""rumor"""""""""""""""""

It's the plan for the schedule
>>
>>161147413
Tractor beams are going to be a thing apparently, so I assume there'll be some sort of mechanic built around it at least.
>>
>>161147249
MPUV is the only transport that makes logistical sense.
>>
>>161147749
it is pretty close to the superhornet... stock loadout :^)
>>
>They will never get Jeremy Clarkson to do a 20 minute episode of Galactic Tour
I'd be fine if they cancelled half the planned features to do this desu
>>
File: ScreenShot0014.jpg (207KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0014.jpg
207KB, 1360x768px
I was under the impression that the closer you are to the speed of light, the more energy it took to accelerate further. IE: A fart could get you close to the speed of light, but at a certain point it just doesn't add any more velocity, or at the very least the returns on velocity become so minuscule it'd be effectively adding a single molecule to your barbels.

That's what they taught when I was in school anyway.
>>
File: Little guy.jpg (13KB, 249x386px) Image search: [Google]
Little guy.jpg
13KB, 249x386px
>>161148127
>>
>>161148070
nigga you're getting the cast of s42 already and we have a blatant parody character who cares about fat british car man
>>
HOW LONG until the last day big sale?
>>
File: 1469122588133.jpg (74KB, 800x484px) Image search: [Google]
1469122588133.jpg
74KB, 800x484px
>>161147249
>>161147413
Honestly even if I just get to fly npc soldiers around I'd be happy.
We're in the pipe, five by five!
>>
>>161148453
8 hours.
>>
>>161148453

maybe 21:00 gmt.
>>
>>161147249
Because the mission generator will have a contract that requires fullfilment by:

1 x Pilot to fly supplied troop carrier
12x Foot soldiers to pacify target vessel
3 x Escort pilots providing their own light/medium fighter craft (jump drive required)

To: Sieze and capture Orion xyz NPC vessel.
Additional: Vessel xyz is trafficking illegal cargo. Transport the ship and cargo to UEE impound 01, return Troop transport to Port Olisar. Crew of xyz is expendible.

Payment to be released on return of Troop Transport and supplied Small Arms to Port Authority, after succesfully completing objectives.

Total payout: 1.6million UEC
Payout per operator: 6.25% (100,000 UEC)
+1 Rep UEE Navy.

Or something
>>
>>161130304
waiting for cheaper packages, when I dont get one my fleet looks like this

Fleet:
>>
>>161134545
the only good amerifat is a dead amerifat
>>
>Fer De Lance is 51 Mil
>If I want build variety and insurance cushion its more accurately 150+ Mil
Thank fuck for 17 Draconis.
>>
>>161128451
FUCKING FIX MY REDEEMER ALREADY REEEEEEE
>>
>>161144825
>We spoke with John Pritchett who said the EVA friction is a bug. We do plan to address this bug at some point. Of course, even if you retain velocity upon exiting a ship, that by itself doesn’t necessarily make boarding another ship at speed easy, either.
That's actually pretty nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 100x100px
>>161051017
>All that salt
>All that cognitive dissonance
>all those logical fallacies
>all those passive aggressive comments

Truly, the forums are a site to behold
>>
>>161148127
Your impression is correct. A solar sailor would need just as much an infinite amount of energy to get to c, as you farting, since both have mass. In flat space, with the usual definition of velocity, only massless particles can go with c - but also can't slow down and also time doesn't pass for them.

Travelling with c is overrated.

However, your ship with those warm colors is not. What's that ship?
>>
File: map.jpg (907KB, 3644x2856px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
907KB, 3644x2856px
>>161148127
You remember school wrong or your teacher didn't cared.
You can only go as fast as your propellant is propelled the other way.

Take this link :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstellar_travel
Notice how they keep saying : "up to X% of the speed of light" ? With fusion drive listed at 10% despite being substantially more energetic than a fart ? That's because the propellant/reaction-mass can't reach the speed of light (only photon do).
So if a nuclear fusion-drive can't go above 50% of the speed of light, a fart certainly won't

Just hope we invent FTL
>>
>>161149384
this all par for the course

The Dads always get super salty whenever anybody calls the forums out on their bullshit.
>>
>>161149486
>that Metro Map
>that Pokemon Map

wew
>>
>tfw sitting on LTI herald that'll get increased to around $120 in 2.6
>tfw got taurus -> Khartu-al $0 CUU
>tfw with $5 khartu-al -> wildfire ccu

>tfw getting a LTI wildfire for $120, $10 more than a normal hornet
>>
So, I have $10 credit, a Freelancer and Buccaneer and a Prospector. I want a base Retaliator.

Do I melt the Buc and upgrade the Lancer leaving me with enough credit to pick up an $80 ship or do I just use the $10 credit to upgrade the Prospector.
>>
>>161149915
Prospector is pretty shit unless you have someone in a fighter babysitting you and a cargo ship. I'd upgrade that, but strongly advise against getting a Retaliator.
>>
>>161149301
nigga look for a station with a discount, it'll lower the insurance massively if your ship and all modules are discounted
>>
>>161149989
Its not a logical thing, I need a retaliator, I traded in my bomber, but I need to have a tally, I always planned to rip out the torps for cargo anyway.
>>
>>161149989
>implying babies wont get their safespot for afk mining

fool
>>
File: absolutely civilian.jpg (68KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely civilian.jpg
68KB, 562x600px
>>161149771
>He fell for the Wildfire meme.
>>
File: 1477688948303.jpg (890KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1477688948303.jpg
890KB, 2560x1440px
>>161149007
> Because the mission generator will have a contract that requires fullfilment by:
> 1 x Pilot to fly supplied troop carrier
> 12x Foot soldiers to pacify target vessel
> 3 x Escort pilots providing their own light/medium fighter craft (jump drive required)

Reminder, some dads don't want anybody to have npc army
They want you to wait forever until you can die for their amusement
>>
>>161150143
Even if you're in a safe location you still need a cargo ship because the Prospector can only carry 1/3 of its max cargo on its own.
>>
>>161150259
Thankfully CIG doesn't compromise their product at the behest of noisy Dads.
>>
>>161150143
mining wont be afkable it's a FPS mechanic just like anything else, you have to target ort and collect ore actively or you'll end up with a hold full of worthless rocks.

However I doubt you'd need a fighter escort >>161149989 for planetary mining, which is what the prospector is supposedly specialized for.
>>
File: 1373347683041.jpg (105KB, 582x680px) Image search: [Google]
1373347683041.jpg
105KB, 582x680px
>>161150334
>>161150259
to bad they still meet half way and will have a NPC per player limit and it most likely wont be as high as people think stopping at like 1-4 ship hands and 2-6 misc hands-troops/utilty/etc

Cant be a space neet without some sacrifice
>>
>>161150502
There will always be computational limits to balance against + I can understand not wanting to encourage 1player all NPC Idrii - NPCs will never hold up against player's with intent. And the bigger ships should really be something to bring people together, and less for "I'm a space admiral" fantasy.
>>
>>161148070
>We will never have Elon Musk selling his Teslas in the 2900s
>>
>>161149485
That's the Avenger Warlock. I've got a hardon for Avengers.
>>
>>161150671
Also-
I doubt anyone really wants to play Dwarf Fortress NPC task priority manager in space, when they could be playing KoToR (in space) with a handful of customized, hand selected elite-at-their-role npcs who slowly weave their story along side you and the players with you.
>>
>>161150861
People play the role they want, and there'll be people who want to play every role.
>>
>>161150903
There will, but there comes a point, where 1 person micro-managing 100s of underlings is no-longer efficient or "enjoyable" (especially if theyre dumb AI) - just look at CIG, amirite :P

And the playerbase that actually wants that is certainly not the majority.
>>
>>161147926
schedule already slipped

it's an actual leak/rumor tho
>>
File: wanttoknowmore.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
wanttoknowmore.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>161150997
Don't get me wrong though, I can see the appeal and expansive potential of, managing some sort of factory supply chain, and associated logistics, and by proxy "a fleet".
This is where I hope CIG really nails the economy simulation -> mission generation outlined in their design docs etc
But having too many "npc slaves" to do your personal bidding, flying 30 fighters and your 5 capital ships, sort of defeats the player-centricity of the game.
>>
>>161150259
Since when have dads been FOR player interaction or agency?
>>
>>161150903
doesn't mean their wishes should be respected.
>>
>>161151156
Rumours don't mean much when schedule for ETF 2.6 start date is as early as Monday.

Post some kind of proof or gtfo.
>>
Do the Flight Control officers in E:D use your first 3 letters of your name in military notation to hail you? Or is it just coincidence they keep saying November Alpha November
>>
>>161151736
Also I don't know why I said fucking "military notation" I know its phonetic alphabet
Been up all night grinding Draconis.
>>
>>161151736
>>161151817
They do.
>>
is there a decent spot to grind imperial ranks these days? i'd like a cutter for the aesthetics.
>>
File: 1473129565202.jpg (23KB, 318x307px) Image search: [Google]
1473129565202.jpg
23KB, 318x307px
>>161152024
>My IMMURSION right now
>>
>>161149989
>have someone in a fighter babysitting you and a cargo ship.
Hired Npc?
>>
>>161152698
You've seen how these NPCs fight right?

Actually, yeah, let them hire NPCs to fly fighter escorts.

I will eat them up, it will be delicious.
>>
>>161152801
>You've seen how these NPCs fight right?
A lot of playes fly much worse then npcs.
>>
>>161149486
What are the most profitable trade routes on that map?
>>
Is it bad that I'm now refreshing the funding page, not to watch the money, but the player count, in the hope that I'll finally get my 3rd referral and live the dream of having some free gimbals?
>>
The new thrustmaster is already on sale
>>
New sale is 1pm pst right?
>>
>>161153825
Something is on sale all the time some place in the world.

The question is, what is on sale and where?

You're talking about the T.16000m HOTAS?
>>
File: fleet.png (8KB, 428x132px) Image search: [Google]
fleet.png
8KB, 428x132px
>>161130304

Feels Drake
>>
Controllers viable in SC?
>>
>>161154107
>Aurora
>no herald
Pretty disappointing anon.
>>
>>161154002
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KCHPRXA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>>
>>161154224
Would you try to fly a real plane or spaceship with controller?
>>
File: megas.png (301KB, 638x478px) Image search: [Google]
megas.png
301KB, 638x478px
>>161154643
>>
>>161154462
Maybe today.
>>
File: 1478075804159.jpg (101KB, 538x674px) Image search: [Google]
1478075804159.jpg
101KB, 538x674px
>>161154643
Would you try to fly a real plane or spaceship with M+KB, which is actually the best method of flight right now?
>>
>>161155038
It's actually not.

Not saying stick and throttle are the best either, not in 6dof flight with gimbals.

For 6 dof flight with no gimbals, you want dual stick. For gimbaled weapons, you want left hand stick and right hand mouse.

Honestly, I think ultimately, I'd want to use Dual stick and head tracking/eye tracking, if we were talking real future space dog fighter with gimbaled no-computer assisted aiming weapons.
>>
>>161155261
>>161155261
>>161155261
New bread
>>
>>161152929
Not him but god damn it I'm so glad.
I might even go pirate if players are shit enough.
>>
File: fleet.png (21KB, 633x359px) Image search: [Google]
fleet.png
21KB, 633x359px
>>161130304
Not sure what the 85x will become yet. Leaning towards a Lancer D for solo touring with a dragonfly in the hold.
>>
>>161085749
it's a snap to object feature, it's from the variable alien ship gravity level in crysis 1
Thread posts: 806
Thread images: 177

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.