[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/brg/ Battlerite general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 548
Thread images: 124

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a Team Arena Brawler focused on adrenaline-fueled player vs player combat. Short and intense matches, stripped of random elements to optimize the action. Welcome to a world where champions dedicate their lives to the arena.
>INFORMATION
Store Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/504370
Official News: http://steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/
Official Wiki: http://battlerite.gamepedia.com/Battlerite_Wiki
Statistics: http://masterbattlerite.com/

previous thread >>159163147
>>
Master of Bacon 3v3 finals currently live.
>>
joltz is cute
>>
>>159427625
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrAF0R5HZDA
>>
battlerite is my LoL killer.
It finally happend, this game is really good.
>>
>>159428247
i have that same chair
>>
>>159427208
so far from MoB
>jumong is shit in 3v3
>Condemned is shit
>>
Does anyone stream as Jade 4k+? I can see high level play for all the other champions but only beginners seem to stream Jade.
>>
>>159432365
all the jade players switched to playing jumong. he is just better at the moment
>>
File: d05b86db1e.jpg (20KB, 1159x61px) Image search: [Google]
d05b86db1e.jpg
20KB, 1159x61px
>>
honestly we really need/needed live spectating like dota. lets people do something while in-game without having to play, lets people observe high tier games for study or fun, lets people watch their friends play, so on

instead we have odeum which in theory is a great idea but it's entirely dependant on people bothering to edit and upload clips, and it's just that. 4-15 second clips instead of full replays or live games
>>
>>159435438
>matchmaking is fine
>>
>>159435438
not really that impressive considering Iva is literally the most braindead hero in the game by far
>>
>>159435438
http://masterbattlerite.com/profile/783083912296558592

The guys main account.

>>159439501
Kek, please dont talk shitter.
>>
>>159439849
ok non-shitter, please tell me what is difficult about playing Iva. >inb4 muh positioning
>>
He is obviously new to the game and still won 17 games in a row. He deserves the spot in my opinion.
>>
>>159440308
The character is basically at a disadvantage against virtually any ranged in the game, doesnt fare to well against most melees either and cant pressure supports remotely as much as other DPS. There is a reason why there isnt even a single Iva in MoB anymore, and the character is considered to be stronger in 3s than in 2s. There are like 2 Iva players above 4500 at this point, and I am pretty sure that both of them are the same guy. There are two more, but one sits at 4750, never soloed and hasnt played the game in a month, and then you have that g15 guy who was clearly wintrading in 3s or something. Hes a g12 shitter after 600 games so pretty legit g15 alt. Neither of them really matters.

There is a reason why apart from that 1 person no one plays the character, and that certainly isnt because its easy or braindead. But why dont you go ahead and point out why you think that she is so I can go over your points and show you how you are. And while youre at it, please provide some characters who arent braindead in your opinion.
>>
The only melee champion I enjoyed playing, hopefully they'll port him over.
>>
>>159435438
wow he won 17 games against someone who couldnt deal with iva
probably inplacements too
>>
>>159435438
Took him a couple tries
http://masterbattlerite.com/profile/783083912296558592
http://masterbattlerite.com/profile/786687742112305152
http://masterbattlerite.com/profile/791754922151522304
>>
>>159437970
It's neat but not intuitive. I think one of the common pieces of feedback when asked was that most players didn't know the Odeum even existed.

You can technically look up anyone's Odeum clips you want, even without being friends with them. Spectator would be great, but the functionality it has isn't meant to be a substitute for spectating.
>>
>>159449626
i think they're planning on spectating anyway, with the emphasis on VR spectating and in that video they implied you would be able to buy confetti particle effects to shower on people during the round MVP screen

but the problem is that it's taking too long, and should have been in at launch really. it's not what is killing the game by any means but it's a feature that would assist in player retention, and it won't bring anyone back when it is finally added
>>
>>159452253
>and it won't bring anyone back when it is finally added

probably true, but i think SLS has all of their eggs in the F2P basket, so I don't think they're overly worried about the current state as long as the game sells and gets decent advertising out

i imagine they're going to attempt to have the game as "final" as possible before it releases, because you don't get a second shot at that
>>
>3s tournament suddenly turned into Ruh + Lucie
>before both got buffed it was Poloma + Freya
Gee, I wont what the pattern is. Maybe sustain is better than anything else in 3s? Hmhmhmhm
>>
File: 1475772013718.png (153KB, 661x780px) Image search: [Google]
1475772013718.png
153KB, 661x780px
>>159452914
Are there any good combinations to blow someone up in 3's? Jade/Croak was (is?) the go-to comp for that in 2's, but I don't know anything similar in 3's.

Sirius/Jade/Croak? Sirius/Croak/Ashka?
>>
>Peak today: 5,150

They're losing around 50-100 concurrent every day.

Shit is going to have 3K by the end of december.
>>
File: 1477478045880.png (871KB, 641x761px) Image search: [Google]
1477478045880.png
871KB, 641x761px
>>159454374
Depends on how well the patches do. It's an incomplete game that by design is going to have a niche market. Every patch will likely bring players back in for a week or two until numbers slump into F2P - this is pretty standard in most games.

The real test will be if they can A) maintain reasonable interest in the game leading up to that point, so pre-F2P launch has some hype and B) if F2P is managed well, with a more complete game with all of the MM/champion balance/business model kinks ironed out.

Shit might die, but it's still pretty early to know.
>>
>>159452914
freya was picked for her disable, lucie is picked also mostly for her disable, 3v3 is almost entirely about positioning and crypt warden is a melee that doesn't need to constantly be in melee range to be effective, spot disables are just an easy way to fix or force bad positioning

"sustain" is meaningless in 3v3 when 1 real positioning mistake gets you killed immediately, teams and heroes that are flexible about positioning and don't have to force trades to win do the best because there are almost no situations where you can set up a favorable trade unless someone makes a mistake
>>
>>159455170
>but it's still pretty early to know.
>sold over 300K
>peak concurrent ever is 10K

Their retention rate is abysmal and you seriously think patches are going to bring people in?

Very few games in the history of multiplayer games have ever had considerable growth after seeing numbers like that.
>>
>>159455170
honestly i think they should add global chat like in BLC. allow players to block (or unblock) anyone, add invite-only channels, have global chat as well as regional (based on server) chats, looking for group chats, etc etc.

we need a place for players to hang out or find others, and relying on discord or reddit or external mediums is always shitty because not everyone will find them or use them or care.
>>
>>159455170
>might

Its already gone the way of BLC. Why the fuck did they go early access with the game in this shape, most people aren't going to bother waiting to return.
>>
>>159455323
>freya was picked for her disable, lucie is picked also mostly for her disable
Please dont bother talking.
>>
>that by design is going to have a niche market.

Not sure why people can't grasp this concept, outside of dota style games the masses don't enjoy PvP. BR is never going to have a large enough audience, but that doesn't mean that the game is dead or not a success.
>>
File: adolph huetler.jpg (107KB, 464x404px) Image search: [Google]
adolph huetler.jpg
107KB, 464x404px
>>159455170
>>159455825
>>159455887
>>159456476
add automatic tournaments with spectating
add spectating in general like in dota
add voice chat
fix matchmaking
>>
>>159456995
>add spectating in general like in dota
>add voice chat

None of that is going to do shit. People don't fucking understand that 99% of the playerbases in games are casual fucks who don't give a single fuck about ANY of that.

They need, an MMR system that panders to the babies.
Actual cosmetics that don't look like total dicks.

Those two alone will spike the playerbase.
>>
>>159457147
You're so full of shit it's unimaginable. There are so many garbage games that survive simply because they provide features to let people care about the game.

>"adding a lot of competitive features and voice chat and social features plus new heroes and balance changes won't attract anyone"

kys defeatist faggot
>>
>>159457457
Yeah all that shit really worked for BLC right.

Make sure you're in this thread come the end of December and I bet you they'll have lost another thousand concurrent players even with a christmas event going on.
>>
>>159457649
BLC had a fucking retarded pricing model with a terrible publisher, and none of the technology that made dota 2 novel

People love to shit on dota here, but it has success because it has shit like ingame spectating, chatting, good technological feautres in general that people asked for and wanted

again, kill yourself for being so delusional and defeatist
>>
>>159457457
There's a difference between surviving and having an actual playerbase.

Tribes "survived" due to the few hundred left that played competitively. If you're cool with playing with the same few hundred people over and over then good for you. I already went through that shit with BLC and I won't be doing it again.
>>
>>159457787
>and none of the technology that made dota 2 novel

Dota would have been as popular without any of that shit. It's fucking dota. The majority of the playerbase don't even play ranked.
>>
>>159456867
that's not true though, the masses clearly love PvP. dota, lol, cs:go, overwatch, tf2, rocket league, cod, battlefield. these are the biggest games in the world right now. and desu BR doesn't have to be niche; it's easy to pick up but hard to master, very short games, more intense than those other games, true show of one's skill and teamwork. i just think it suffers from key problems and not having enough features.

>>159456995
agreed. i think for the casuals too they need a far better training mode and tutorial. tutorial teaches you jackshit about HOW to play and only introduces you to jade. training mode needs far far more features like infinite HP dummy, aim training, spell dodging, etc.

also make the champions more fun, which is a dumb statement but honestly it has to be done. part of what grips people in these games is finding a character they LOVE to play. BRite only having 17 characters doesn't give you too much choice, especially when they're all same-y and dull.
>>
>>159458004
>Dota would have been as popular without any of that shit. It's fucking dota. The majority of the playerbase don't even play ranked.

Dota had to go up against league of legends with its 87 million players. Dota grew despite LoL because it offered lots of things that people in the moba genre wanted.

Being completely free helped, no purchasing of champions of power ups
Having a pause feature with game reconnects
Having voice chat, something league players wanted

I could just go in depth with all the shit dota provides to make the experience of playing dota as seamless and easy and enjoyable as possible.
Again, people shit on dota. It's an hour game where one mistake fucks up the entire match, with angry and selfish teammates YET PEOPLE PLAY IT.

You also cite the fact that people want to play casually, but that's completely fine. Broodwar had massive success competitively, despite people playing nothing but BGH and other custom minigames.
If the game is fun then people will play it, and yes, it's fun. If SLS provides a steady stream of goodies and good PR shit, people will care.

but that means adding features. A good tutorial mode is also necessary, which Dota has. They only let you play certain heroes and have increasing mechanical skill, so that new players don't get shat on so fast.
>>
>>159455887
>>159455170
They lose players because the game is fucking boring since it's the same fucking game mode with different maps.

No matter how good or balanced the champions are, after a fucking while doing the exact same goddamn thing over and over gets boring and unless you suffer from autism you will fuck off and do something else.

They need more game modes and maps with varieties and possibly objectives. Or something new and interesting to grab people's attention
>>
>>159458272
>tutorial teaches you jackshit about HOW to play and only introduces you to jade

I've seen people at rank 11 not even fucking know about EX abilities. Most people are fleeing the game right now because the MMR system is busted. Casual players who come home from work don't want to win more than they lose and end up with -MMR at the end of the night.

And I know how most people here are going to react when they read that but it's the truth and the casual playerbase is what keeps games popular. I honestly think the game isn't going to go at all even with F2P.

A refresh of BLC is always what I wanted out of them but they're making the same mistakes again. People can't blame funcom this time.
>>
>>159458878
They could add some weird mechanic to each of the maps, or make the heroes more different. They all play similar within their roles. Giving each champion i-frames and counters was a mistake
>>
>>159458878
see: dota, lol. one map, one game mode. (hardly anyone fucking plays the alt modes don't even try)

it's not that you do the same thing over and over again, because the entire point of pvp games is that facing new opponents should change up what you have to do every game. the real problem is how ultimately boring the champions are, and how few options you have in any situation.
>>
>>159459551
yeah but dota has multiple layers of fucking bullshit and you can customize your champion and level up and there's a variety of playstyles

battlerite is just 'lol arena brawler don't hit the shiny yellow nigger you win gg'
>>
File: 1475287658779.png (204KB, 738x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475287658779.png
204KB, 738x800px
>>159459171
>They could add some weird mechanic to each of the maps

Heroes of the Storm has a pretty decent playerbase and it does exactly this. Every map has a mechanic to it that the game rotates around, and different champions are better in each map.

Certain maps are bigger and champions with pseudo-global mobility are better, and some are small and have constant skirmishes, so assassins (stealthed in particular) are better. It's a neat design. If they hadn't removed their US8 Central server back in January I'd still be playing the game.

That said, I'm not really sure something like that can be ported well into Battlerite due to the inherent design. It would require an overhaul at this point to make some PvE objective relevant, or add it as a separate "mode" that, like >>159459551 mentioned, doesn't really work. It's either core to the game, or it's ignored.
>>
File: 1339214230785.jpg (87KB, 532x528px) Image search: [Google]
1339214230785.jpg
87KB, 532x528px
>people defending their dead game with their life

It ain't happening buddies. It's BLC all over again only this time there's even less to the game.
>>
>>159460304
>defending

Pretty sure most people are just talking about the longevity of the game. You would imagine most of the people that post in a general want the game to live, so they're going to have discussions about it if its survival is in question.

I guess you could just shitpost ded gayme all day too.

>>159460483
Have any more information on it? I haven't followed the scene for almost a year.
>>
>>159460304
>It's BLC all over again only this time there's even less to the game.
Exactly what I've been telling the devs in alpha. Game is dumbed down but doesnt bring anything to the table that keep the casuals interested for longer period of time. They made BLC worse without actually adding anything of value to make the casuals stay.
>>
>>159460581
>Have any more information on it?

Not really, it just isn't doing as well as blizzard wanted it to. They made a game that has all the problems of dota and leeg combined. There's enough whales and blizzdrones to keep it running but it's just massively under performing.
>>
File: 1468515798559.gif (510KB, 499x279px) Image search: [Google]
1468515798559.gif
510KB, 499x279px
>>159460973
What would you add?
>>
>>159460973
NO MAN YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, BETTER SPECTATING FEATURES ARE GONNA SAVE THE GAME.
>>
>>159460098
that's kind of my point. the champions' kits aren't terribly exciting and the battlerites are supposed to add more variety and expand options but most of them are dumb shit like "increase duration by .5", "cast this spell twice", "spell now does it's affect again but smaller" instead of radically changing shit

>>159460198
>heroes of the storm has decent playerbase
because it's a fucking blizzard game. those mindless drones will play any rancid dogshit blizz puts out simply because of the developer. if it wasn't a blizz game, that shit would have been DOA like every other shovelware MOBA that came out in the last 5 years
>>
>>159461104
It needs hooks to keep the babies occupied. It really is as simple as that. The guy who keeps saying it needs the features dota has is a moron because the vast majority of the playerbase don't interact with those features, nor do they enter ranked. Same for LoL and even Smite.

The grim reality for BR and BLC is that it's a game that just isn't going to have a huge playerbase ever but their current numbers are pathetic considering they sold like over 200K or something if what they said was true.

The fact that they're working on Diabotical, another game that's DOA, as well as BR at the same time probably isn't helping them at all either.
>>
>>159461104
The game is hardly salvageable, which is its biggest issue.

-You have short rounds that rub it into a players face that hes bad
-You have a game balanced around a counter-pick bracket
-You have incredibly boring arenas that also make you feel like its impossible to not get wallbanged even if you happen to properly position yourself
-You have bland abilities that got gutted so that the Battlerite can add the features
-You have streamlined character that are all slightly different but at the same time all feel exactly the same
-You have an atrocious MMR system which makes no sense considering how ingenious the one in BLC was

You can not save this game because to do so you'd have to completely re-haul certain aspects of it. Either make characters more unique again like they were in BLC (basically copy the designs with slightly lowered mechanical requirements) or completely rework the way rounds are being played. Add items or some (sounds retarded but this is just an example of how drastic a change is required at this point). They told us plenty of times that the reason why BLC failed, at least thats what they believe, is because the game was really exhausting. I have no idea why they are under the impression that this game is any different in regards to that. Sure, your aim needs to be less accurate, but that doenst mean that you dont need to concentrate the entire time anyway.

The amount of people I know who were utterly hyped for this game, who have dominated the ladders since alpha, and ended up quitting already is mindblowing. The MoB 3s tournament is a perfect example: Hardly any of the teams practiced in multiple weeks because they simply didnt care. This game has alienated the hardcore competitive players like "us", while adding virtually nothing in favor of longevity. Even BLC had more shit for casuals to collect than Battlerite. At least in that game they could farm achievements or play CTF, CapturePoints in custom lobbies.
>>
>>159456995
epic memay
>>
>>159462123
>The dota community doesn't use pauses or voice chat

Hurrr
>>
>>159462123
stunlock isn't involved with diabotical whatsoever besides being friends with 2GD and sharing one artist
>>
>>159462695
How much dota do you actually play? Almost no one uses voice chat and anytime anyone does they get muted.

>pauses
That's done a ton for battlerite. DUDE COME PLAY THIS GAME YOU CAN PAUSE.

You keep talking as if fucking any of that mattered. WC3 dota didn't have any of that shit and had even more players than Dota 2 does right now. Fucking hell you're clueless.
>>
>>159462974
Aren't they helping develop the game too? I'm pretty sure I remember 2GD specifically saying they would be helping work on making the game itself.
>>
File: 1477880669667.gif (370KB, 490x750px) Image search: [Google]
1477880669667.gif
370KB, 490x750px
>/disablechat
>>
File: religion of peace.png (261KB, 516x576px) Image search: [Google]
religion of peace.png
261KB, 516x576px
i see a lot of retardation from all of you about why this game is failing.
Yes, the "dota features" are important. No, they do not decide whether or not people play this game. Yes, they are a factor though.
Dota is popular because it lets the player power trip harder than any other multiplayer game on the market. It also has over one hundred heroes who are all incredibly different from each other.
This makes each match up varied and feel fresh. The game has tons of replayability because no match is ever the same. It's a unique experience every single time.
Let's compare this to battlerite. Tell me, which champion am I talking about?

>Space is a mobility spell that has i frames
>Q is a survivability tool that negates an attack
>M1 is a bunch of fast light attacks
>M2 is a heavier hitting, longer ranged attack. Usually is made better if you are hitting a lot of M1
>E is either some form of dash or disable
>F ultimate is damage in a line

It feels like league of legends, where every champion has the same kit with tiny variations. Actually different shit tends to be weak.
For example, Iva has a tractor beam that pulls people. This makes Iva feel different from other ranged DPS. Too bad it's weak as shit.
Ashka can create a firewall that blocks projectiles, too bad it's not used a lot because it's stupidly weak

I could go on but you get the point. the most unique part of the champions also tends to be their weakest aspect.
>>
File: what the snek.jpg (37KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
what the snek.jpg
37KB, 1024x672px
>>159465609
>firewall
>stupidly weak
>>
>>159468107
not in 2s, which people play because they're casuals

Using a bar of energy just to have them move to left/right and completely negate it is not worth
>>
>>159468283
Youre goddamn retarded. A properly placed firewall is a free run in 3s because no ranged projectile from any angle can hit it.
>>
>>159468445
its only good against retards who can't fucking think. If it's close to you, the enemy can just walk through it. One bar of energy to inflict ignite is simply a waste, considering all your other tools to inflict ignite.

If it's at range, they can simply walk around it or use mobility to jump over it. It's incredibly hard to use effectively against thinking players, and it's arguably his most unique ability.

Even if you were right (which you're not) you still haven't rebutted any of the other points made above. You picked out one thing you had an issue with and jumped on it

Oh and did I mention every healer has about 3 charges of heals that heal a circle?
>>
File: 1472728950760.jpg (45KB, 711x669px) Image search: [Google]
1472728950760.jpg
45KB, 711x669px
>every single game for the past 15 has a brand new player on my team
>80% of the time the enemy team does not

sure is fun for everyone involved
>>
>>159468942
I dont need to address any of your mentally challenged nigger g12 points you little bimbo. Its a fact that firewall makes it impossible to attack to rune from ranged which means that as soon as it spawns you get a free rune against any team who doesnt have AOE shit or force them to use outs to get in. Its a rune for 25% energy, only a complete fucking retard wouldnt take that trade. Blocks grabs, executes, rockets, you name it. If you dont understand how that is incredibly strong then I cant help you. You cant just walk through it either because a properly placed wall is ON THE RUNE, and due to the dumb hitbox of that thing you can walk around it as much as you want and still wont be able to land a projectile on the rune.

Now please, just stop posting about shit you clearly do not understand.
>>
>>159469554
instead of replying why I'm wrong and explaining yourself, you called me a nigger. you convince no one.

This is because you simply don't have an argument. If you had one, you would have provided it.
>>
>>159469751
>addresses your points on firewall
>"b-b-but he called me a nigger!"

not even him but you're either bait or g6
>>
>>159469959
My post was a much bigger picture than just the firewall.

Whether or not the firewall example is correct is irrelevant, it doesn't prove/negate the rest of my argument about the homogeneous hero design.

Why you still deny that I have no idea. Every champion feels samey.

You and him have yet to provide a real counter argument. I'll be waiting.
>>
File: 1469128620119.jpg (48KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
1469128620119.jpg
48KB, 600x484px
>>159470160
i don't give a shit about the rest of your point, and he didn't even try to argue about it, his point was that your concept of firewall being bad was so far removed from reality you might as well be playing a different game

no one gives a shit about meme debating you on if the champs are samey , i don't even disagree with you on that point, but your analysis of firewall is shit
>>
>>159470415
>i don't give a shit about the rest of your point,

aka "I don't have a real argument so I'll pretend that I'm ignoring it"

>his point was that your concept of firewall being bad was so far removed from reality you might as well be playing a different game

he called me a nigger, and didn't even explain why he thinks it's a good spell. Maybe against retards it's effective, but against anyone who's half awake it's garbage.

>no one gives a shit about meme debating you on if the champs are samey

I suggest you read the entire thread to see just how wrong you are, but that would require you being able to read.
>>
No wonder the devs dont listen to players. There unironically is a guy in the tester group who already calls Jumong shit in 3s because the character lost tournament matches today. His argument: hes countered by Lucies ult as soon as he blew all his mobility because he is the only char who need to blow those skills to deal damage. And hes a FOTM reroller as well, mind blowing to be honest.
>>
>>159470634
>I don't even disagree with you on that point

nigger can you even read
>>
>>159470723
again with the nigger, it's all you can say when your beliefs are challenged
>>
>>159470705
good thing you're whining about it here instead of talking to him openly about it
>>
>>159470804
I didn't even disagree with you on if champs were samey you colossal faggot

You're pretending you have this ironclad argument that no one can touch when the reality is the guy you replied to and myself aren't even attempting to comment on it, myself because I fucking agree with you on that point

How goddamn dense are you
>>
>>159470994
lol, instead of nigger, now you use faggot

really accelerating my neurons with that great argument of yours
>>
File: 1406681504547.jpg (68KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1406681504547.jpg
68KB, 554x439px
>>159471128
>>
>>159470954
Theres no point in doing so. Hes one of those people who as soon as you bring it up, he'll just say "lol I am not an FOTM reroller back in 2011 in BLC I only played Igniter". Hes also never going to change his opinion on something like that. He plays the char so it must be weak, thats what hes like. In his defense, though. Most of the people in that group are unable to look at this objectively. Hes probably the worst case, though.
>>
>>159471252
I dont even need to launch Discord to see the conversation because
>lol I am not an FOTM reroller back in 2011 in BLC I only played Igniter
immediately gives it away who this is about.
>>
File: 1404570376327.jpg (121KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1404570376327.jpg
121KB, 800x800px
>>159471252
>>159471703
>tfw not in the secret speshul group and get no insights into the direction of the game

feels surprisingly bad
>>
>>159471791
There are no insights. The only thing we get access to is patches like 4 days before they launch. Apart from that there is virtually no communication whatsoever so no reason to feel excluded.
>>
>>159471791
we're not getting insights either so don't feel so bad
the majority of it is "top" players complaining about balance, and asking the devs questions which never get answered
>>
>>159471252
you need to understand what premise he's setting up to defend his argument and defeat the premise. convincing people is much less showing what's right, and more about defeating their reasoning. The actual power/viability of Jumong is not as relevant. For example, his argument is that Jumong is flawed in design. You think he is just abusing the FOTM.
If I were him, I would respond that Jumong is just thought to be FOTM because he destroys newer players in 2v2, but that has no relevance to competitive 3v3. Regardless of who's actually right, if you accuse him/me of being a FOTM player, you're falling into his/my premise that you only think that because you're bad and play 2v2.
Here's the problem: no one is actually proven right, both parties get mad at each other and nothing is resolved. Just look at >>159471214 and >>159471128. They weren't trying to prove each other wrong, it just turned into two groups of dumbasses flaming each other. Nobody was actually proven right, just flaming and shitflinging.

You have to respect the people you disagree with and move slowly to actually convince anyone or change minds. Remember, everyone thinks they're right and the people who have a different point of view are mentally inept. Be open. who knows, he might actually be right and prove you wrong.

Or you could just be a whiny little faggot and passively aggressively make stabbing remarks on 4chan
>>
>>159472698
>Or you could just be a whiny little faggot and passively aggressively make stabbing remarks on 4chan

kind of like you just did, but who's counting
:^)
>>
>>159470705
wow that triggers me so hard

'lol this hero sucks i blew all my iframes and dashes and died to lucie ult, 0/10 buff jumong nerf lucie stunlock please'

absolutely disgusting how vocal casuals can be
>>
>>159473024
that statement is ironic on purpose, showing just how fruitless this sort of arguing is.
Are you going to convince him? No.
Is he or anyone else who agrees with him going to think he's wrong? No.
Is SLS going to listen to him? Probably, he's a tester and probably has some experience. They won't just brush him off.

Be as snarky as you want, but it doesn't fix the issue.
>>
File: 1476297945857.png (461KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
1476297945857.png
461KB, 870x722px
>>159474954
>implying I replied for any reason other than getting a (You)

c'mon senpai
>>
>>159472698
If If talking about the person who I think he is then it's a waste of time. He pulls this every patch and it's tedious to even pay it any attention at this point. 2 months ago he played shifu and he was weak, last month it was jade, now it's jumong. The guy will always claim that his shit is weak, that he doesn't roll fotm etc. You seem to be under the impression that everybody is worth arguing with.

Jus to present another prime example of him trying to prove something: he said that jumong is shit in 3s because people lost with him and as soon as they switched chars sudenly won. Pointing out that someone who played like a hundred jumong games performs worse on jumong than he does on ashka, who the player has like a thousand games with, somehow proves that it's the character being weak. Couldn't possibly be that the player simply was more used to ashka.
>>
>>159475457
Do you want Jumong buffed or nerfed?
How much effort are you willing to put in to have your desired outcome to be a reality?

You're certainly willing to solve a captcha just to have someone give you attention concerning your woes that he has a different opinion than you on battlerite balance.
>>
>>159475584
>thousand games of Ashka
>now plays Jumong

they invited fucking Mosh into that server, didn't they
>>
>>159475457
>>159474954
>>159473686
>>159475584
>>159475817
>>159475827
at least post some screenshots for context
>>
>>159475827
Almost every ranged player switched to jumong
>>
File: pyromancer.png (309KB, 451x405px) Image search: [Google]
pyromancer.png
309KB, 451x405px
>>159475584
we're all human. We all deserve to have our thoughts and beliefs not brushed aside and be ignored. Also, people reply to tone mostly. If you're short and aggressive with him, he'll get defensive and entrench himself. If you're slow and considerate, he's more likely to change his views.
If he believes that a player having 1000's of ashka games has no relevance on performance with a character, then ask him this:

>"Do you believe that a player having thousands of games of one champion will make them better with that champion?"
He'll most likely say yes
>"Do you believe that for any champion, having 1000's of games versus less than 100 games makes a difference in skill?
He'll say yes probably, but also he still believes ashka > Jumong regardless of this truth
>"So I think that we need more testing to see if this is true. Having a player who has 1000's of games with ashka isn't a good example, because we can't tell if it's experience or balance"

You're setting up the idea that his example isn't a usable one, but it doesn't prove him wrong YET. You have to slowly cut off any room and force him into a corner. For that one example, he can't use it anymore.
>>
>>159463137
He was talking about DotA, not LoL. DotA2 is the game with a voice chat and people use it all the time, especially peruvians. and russians.
>>
>>159477016
>>159475584
It's actually just like battlerite lol. You don't have to immediately get a kill, just slowly cut off your opponent and make them take damage
>>
>>159477016
I I talking to a somewhat competent player so I kinda EXPECT him to consider these steps before shouting shit in regards to balance. Guess me assuming these people to be somewhat intelligent was a mistake. It's group of mostly top players. No one should have to point out these obvious things. It simply creates a horrible climate that makes me assume that eveybody is retarded if they can't even think 2 steps ahead before shouting OPUP. If I want to look at this sort of shit then I browse the community discord.
>>
File: 1472350705058.gif (867KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1472350705058.gif
867KB, 480x336px
>>159475817
I'm not even him senpai, I have no dog in this fight

I'm a third party collecting (You)s which you seem happy to oblige
>>
>>159477904
>>159477261
>>159477016
>>159476721
SCREENSHOTS

IM NOT PART OF YOUR SECRET CLUB AAAAAAAAa
>>
File: 1413216528048.jpg (15KB, 362x298px) Image search: [Google]
1413216528048.jpg
15KB, 362x298px
>>159478142
>wanting to be part of discord
>any discord
>especially a discord where "top" players fellate themselves to devs that apparently don't reply

but why
>>
>instead of healing, Oldur has a cooldown ability that reverts any damage done over the past 2 seconds
>its cooldown decreases based on how many attacks Oldur hits

thoughts?
>>
>>159481431
Probably too for most of the playerbase to use, relegating him to the sidelines

It forces him into super narrow bands of healing, meaning any real displacement fucks him pretty hard, so he'd only ever be really good against a comp designed to blow someone up in seconds, and most of those involve CC anyways

It's probably too weak overall even with the potential it possesses when it is relevant
>>
>>159481753
too niche*
>>
I just want

Varesh to be viable

please buff Varesh
>>
>>159488335
The hell are you talking about. He is in 2s and 3s. Hes just the least fun character in the game so no one plays him.
>>
>>159489383
There's just so many characters than can shitshatter his dirty little non-existant bootyhole.
>>
>>159489646
Eh, he trades pretty well against almost the entire cast. The only stuff he really struggles against is shit like Astro + Melee, which quite frankly everybody struggles with in 2s. Have Astro Rook chase a Lucie and see what happens.
>>
>>159489769
There's actually a really easy way that Taya can cheese him and he's unable to trade with her because boomerangs will do about 20 damage per hit

Croak can easily control him around without being able to do much.

He does fare better against shifu though
>>
the game is boring as shit because all the champions were dumbed down, casualized, and made to be similar. We don't have voice chat despite it being a thing for over a decade in video games, and the art style is fucking garbage.
>>
game needs global chat / lfg channels
>>
>>159491721
>the game is boring as shit because all the champions were dumbed down, casualized, and made to be similar
agreed

>We don't have voice chat
Thank god for that

>the art style is fucking garbage
Not in general, but compared to BLC is sure as hell is complete fucking trash. Looks like reddit designed the game. Poloma could look better than Pomp, then theres the tumblr pet. Ruh looks good from behind, but then you see his front as ask yourself how something can go downhill this quickly. And Jade looks even worse than Gunner which I honestly didnt even think was possible.
>>
>>159492560
>thank god for that

fucking league babbies in my game
>>
>>159492560
i seriously wonder what we can do to convince stunlock to change the champions. they're not gonna majorly rework every champion, erasing months of hard work, but some compromise needs to be made in order to change the direction the game is going in

because based on avg players this shit will definitely die even after f2p
>>
File: ugh.png (2MB, 1507x729px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
2MB, 1507x729px
>>159492560
the game looks bad because the entire screen is one bland tone instead of being colorful

>>159494228
the battlerites need to do something more to vary the functions of a champion. that's the most practical way I think
>>
>>159494392
You should choose all tiers of battlerites each round, and then just allow changing between rounds.

Does whatever adaptation shit the current system tries to do and then has the benefit of adding reactive character building
>>
File: desert.jpg (222KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
desert.jpg
222KB, 1920x1080px
>>159494392
The reason the game looks like trash is because it doesn't have any strong lighting. All valve games are modeled after impressionistic oil painting, with very strong natural lighting. Compare these palm trees to the ones in battlerite, and you'll notice the yellow tinge of sunlight, and dark shadows
>>
>>159494392
>the entire fucking floor is brown except the orb
why is this allowed? it looks so fucking washed out
>>
>>159495279
>>159495116
>>159494392
the ground should be sand I think, kind of like in a colosseum in Rome
>>
>>159495358
There should be a fucking variance; there should be at the minimum a map with rickety planks and sand as a ground, one with blueish marshy grass and dirt, one with sand like a colosseum, and one with a dark, ashy igneous stone, not just fucking bricks of varying shades of brown with some plants
>>
>>159494937
To be honest, I think the battlerite system needs to be rethought. Some champions play very differently based on the battlerites they pick, and certain battlerites are crucial to their champion but appear very late in the game.
>>
>>159495590
Yea. Exactly why a pool-based system works more than this progressive one

The current one just seems like something they threw together last minute because a board member kept bringing up progression in the meeting
>>
I am pretty sure that the maps are simple so that they dont distract the players, which is fair compromise. However, there is no reason for the characters to look this goddamn retarded compared to their BLC counterparts. Skins wont fix that because will only see the default looks of the chars, not what you can make them look after spending a hundred bucks on boxes.

I still dont get why they didnt just keep the tribal look. Makes no sense to me.
>>
File: siriusly awful model.png (783KB, 1096x592px) Image search: [Google]
siriusly awful model.png
783KB, 1096x592px
>>159495831
it's not so much that the models and concept art is bad, but more of the ingame execution.
This sirius concept art looks great! In game? Not so much,

Not everyone can be good at art. The human eye naturally is interested in variation. The concept art has glowing yellow runes upon rich, sunlight egyptian black skin. Where the sunlight does not hit, the skin becomes darker. If you look at the model? It's shit colored brown. The runes are barely noticeable. There are no defined lines between light and dark, making his chest look flat and bland.

Also, the concept art has this very stylized look that just didn't make it into the game
>>
>>159495831
anime and memes sell more than a cohesive and unique aesthetic
>>
File: croak.png (799KB, 1200x574px) Image search: [Google]
croak.png
799KB, 1200x574px
>>159497112
again, the concept art looks great, ingame model looks like trash
>>
Biggest step down in terms of design? Harb and Iva if I had to guess. Especially Harb looks so much fucking better then Ruh. I mean look at this. Its a rich, detailed character. The part above the shoulders already has more detail than the entirety of Ruhs design. Hes just some cloaked, bandaged spastic.

>>159497112
I think the Croak one is even more ridiculous. It perfectly shows the gigantic difference something as simple as a character pose can make. They also removed the goo'ish shit from his mouth so he ended up looking like some normie with yellow skin.
>>
>>159497649
Croak has some black spittle around his mouth, if you look.
>>
>>159497993
So tiny might as well be lipstick.
>>
>>159498240
>>159497993
>>159497649
I also find it funny how they make the fire in ashka's hands look so stylish and bright, yet the torches look like cheeto dust
>>
http://battlerite.gamepedia.com/Varesh

huh didn't know that stunlock also released all the soundbytes for the heroes
>>
I just realized that I cant name a single aspect that Battlerite excels at compared to BLC apart from player count

>Art Direction
Changed from a unique, tribal artstyle to generic Tumblr like characters with washed out colors. The only thing I see them having gotten right is getting rid of the team based BLUE/ORANGE skin colors.

>Gameplay
More sluggish and less skill based. Ability to dodge was almost completely removed. Hurtboxes are partially way bigger than models. Everything feels slow and unresponsive.

>Character design
Removed most of the unique features the characters had and made them more or less streamlined (everybody has shield, counter, counter-shield mix, incaps on EX'es etc)

>Maps
Maps are completely bland compared to the ones in BLC, which actually had character and things you needed to take into consideration. Battlerite is "tiny map wow I am at a disadvantage because I face Baako/Freya"

>Community features
Removed VoiP, global chat, clans, added a worse flist/social system and way less detailed account sheets that provide next to no information, not even winrates. BLC did show average scores, winrates by bracket and so much other shit per character. Odeum is a plus.

>Scoreboard
For some reason they came to the conclusion that hiding valuable information like rune damage or damage tanked was a smart idea, even though that not only being helpful to seasoned but also new players to see what they are doing wrong/right.

>Competitive aspect
Horrible MMR system that just mixes everything instead of having ONE solo queue and teams for the rest so you can fuck around when you want to fuck around and play serious when you want to play serious. The only thing they did "right" is the way grades change if you drop, however I think its retarded that this happens as soon as you drop 1 point below the threshold. Also not automated tournament system.

>Casual features
No CTF or BaseCapture fun modes for casuals, no achievements, nothing.
>>
File: 1476742843226.webm (3MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476742843226.webm
3MB, 1136x640px
>it's a Lucie Jumong comp episode
>>
>>159499045
all the heroes also have their original names too. Varesh's files are all named Inhibitor.

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/battlerite.gamepedia.com/7/7a/VO_Harbinger_WinGame_BoogeyMan.mp3

kek
>>
>>159499581
Wondering if those file names are the ones given by the devs. Would say a lot. Not even they accept this shit version of BLC.
>>
File: battlerite map concept.png (30KB, 1440x796px) Image search: [Google]
battlerite map concept.png
30KB, 1440x796px
Hey anons, I'm not an artist, but I made a little concept for a different gamemode/map
Instead of one orb, there are two: an energy orb, and a health orb. The health orb gives +50 true health, so if you're at full 210 health, you get bumped up to 260 full.
the other orb is an energy orb that gives you two bars of energy each. They spawn at the same time.

There are spikes in the middle of the map that activate once every 5 seconds. They do 24 damage and stun for .5 seconds. Before the spikes jump out, They poke out just a bit for a second, and when the 5 seconds are up, they jump out. While the spikes are out, they cannot be stepped on for .5 seconds (the duration of the stun)

This would give teams different ways to enact strategies. You could go for the top orb to get energy for EX abilities, or the bottom orb for better survivability. The spikes simultaneously punish aggression and defense, if you have to retreat, the spikes block you. If you jump in and want to get out, the spikes block you. Or, they force you around them.

thoughts?
>>
WHERE IS THORN?
>>
To fags talking about DotA and LoL- DotA2 success has nothing to do with how it is implemented. DotA fanbase was already fucking huge before Valve made their abomination plus free advertising on their own platform.
LoL is basically first baby's MOBA since it's more casual and it came out before DotA2.
To fags talking about how the game will die and why - it'll only happen if SLS won't remake MM and progression system. Focusing on 3v3 would be nice too.
>>
Is this game dying already, bros? I'd like to get invested into it, but it doesn't look like it's doing well.
>>
>>159501562
I'm not really sold on the true health orb, but I think there's potential in your map concept. Spikes could be fun but I'm weary of heroes like poloma and lucie who will try to fear you right into it, already giving them an edge. Pearl too with her ult.
>>
>>159506072
>is it dying?
Players in the last 2 weeks: 208,547 ± 12,204 (54.87%)
No. People keep buying it, it's not dying in any way, but it has some major flaws that needs to be addressed as fast as possible.
>i'd like to get invested
Go for it. For 20$ you'll get all present and future heroes. But don't play ranked untill they fix it.
>>
>>159506457
poloma in general is just dumb bullshit. Constant healing plus constant escapes is annoying as shit. Needs a rework
>>
File: 1234354.png (39KB, 417x414px) Image search: [Google]
1234354.png
39KB, 417x414px
>>159507051
t. grade 7 pro
>>
File: 1474870245538.png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1474870245538.png
108KB, 357x368px
I fucking hate Jew-mong so fucking much. I've never seen a good Jumong, every one is complete shit.
>>
>>159507314
didn't even say OP. It's just a frustrating champion to play against.
Is poloma over powered? No. Is she fun to play against? No. Having a champion that does nothing but run away is not fun.
>>
>>159507881
she isn't good at running away unless you proc her panic
just bait it and you will find her easier to fight than every other support
>>
>>159507881
There's one class of abilities that I actually quite dislike:

Silences that trigger extra effects if you use an ability. Jade's, and Iva's disables do this, as well as Poloma's fear.
>>
Wait When did Heroes have taunts?
https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/battlerite.gamepedia.com/8/84/VO_Glutton_Taunt_5.mp3
>>
What the hell even is Ashka?
>>
>>159509228
>Mirko Cro Cop taunt
Neat.
>>
>>159509228
like half of the lines aren't implemented in game
>>
>>159509228
https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/battlerite.gamepedia.com/f/f8/VO_Igniter_Shoutout_20.mp3
I find this cute
>>
File: 1450883062365.gif (2MB, 421x384px) Image search: [Google]
1450883062365.gif
2MB, 421x384px
>Learning Croak
>Find out your have Toxin blade in stealth
>mfw
>>
>>159509556
I find you cute
>>
File: rook picture.png (14KB, 465x460px) Image search: [Google]
rook picture.png
14KB, 465x460px
>moon nigger becomes shiny yellow
>M2
>>
>>159510708
>Moon nigger
>Not Sun Negro
>>
File: ykrnk.png (923KB, 1200x838px) Image search: [Google]
ykrnk.png
923KB, 1200x838px
the feeling of poloma
>>
>>159507853
what

how can you not be good at jumong. its fucking incap city
>>
>>159509385
a mascot
>>
>>159499075

>Art Direction

Is much more appealing and pleasing in BR.

I too miss the tribal style from BLC, but that style isn't attention grabbing at all. It was cool and kind of rock and roll/heavy metal but not crowd friendly and it didn't evoke emotion very well or give the champions much personality.

>Gameplay

There's a comparison video out there, BLC's movement speed is a bit faster but the game as a whole is slower than BR. That was one of the top priorities for Stunlock, make the game more responsive. BR plays so smooth that you think it's slower than BLC's stuttering style of play.

>Character design
Not true, BR and BLC move sets a closely translated.

>Maps
They could still bring elements over from those maps. Pillars, those bits of high ground and low ground that lets you hide in the fog, the dead spaces that you could leap over. I also liked the north/south spawn. Lots of room for better maps.
>>
File: haw haw haw.png (15KB, 465x460px) Image search: [Google]
haw haw haw.png
15KB, 465x460px
I WIN
>>
>>159510708
>>159511369
why are rook players fun hating faggots?
>>
>>159511543
because certain turbobabies degrade if they aren't winning 70% of games
>>
>>159499581
>all the heroes also have their original names too.

I'm only referring to Pearl as Inquisitor from now on.
>>
>>159512038
lol
>>
>>159509385

I wish I remembered any of the lore from BLC,

Battlerite is the same world as Bloodline Champions just farther into the future and now they're fighting for competition and glory rather than to appease their gods.
>>
>>159524289
You can still read it via waybackmachine.
>>159509385
An igniter: A Tioko fire mage from the Na'Gol mountains.

>Sometimes regarded as even more interesting is the concealed civilization of the Tioko, buried deep down below the mountain masses. Using elemental magic and a close relation to a mountain spirit the Tioko have shaped enormous halls and corridors. Countless pillars and pathways fill the towering void in these great halls. Their city is lit by a myriad of lights, creating a truly breathtaking, however seldom witnessed and secluded underground city. In the valleys surrounding the Tioko mountain massif are the fortifications of the Anrodori who are tasked with the protection of the mountain.

>The foremost mages of the Tioko are those most proficient with the element of destruction; fire. These powerful battle mages are called the Igniters. Like all Tioko, the Igniters use a teleportation magic to warp through walls and have the power to turn into pure flame. It is easy to underestimate Igniters when it comes to combat, due to their small stature, however their raw elemental magic can definitely be used for lethal purposes, would the need arise.
>>
>>159525773
>You can still read it via waybackmachine.

I'm suppose to be working from home today and now I'm reading BLC lore.
>>
>>159526316
I think it's pretty good. The writing's pretty shit, especially for the later entries, but they made a fairly interesting little world, and there's a bunch of unexpected details about the champions and their culture. A few favorites:

I like the idea of harbingers being hunters in a swamp. Just fucking hunters. Skull masks and shadow magic makes them seem pretty evil, but they just wanna eat. And, well, keep people who wanna tax them out.

Gluttons coming from a race of small, weak, bald dwarves that can't defend themselves from bandits, having clan members curse themselves with neverending hunger in exchange for manipulating earth...

Ranids being guerilla fighters for a goddamn army, thorns being regular people twisted by malevolent spirits, gunners & engineers being members of an asian mafia family...
>>
Playing this game with my friends makes me want to kill myself, they are so fucking bad holy shit.
>>
>>159527237

I always figured Ranid Assassin came from swamp people, turns out they're decently structured and come from a populous civilization, they were just too poor to look like much.
>>
>>159510890
>Sun Negro
>not Space Morpheus
>>
my hands are always cold when i play this game baka
>>
File: 1436859440210.gif (426KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1436859440210.gif
426KB, 384x216px
>>159511693
If by degrade you mean drop rating, that's pretty true after a certain point
I go into ranked to farm autism points, not have fun, so I'm always a tryhard faggot in there because if I even go 2-3 against a team that's even a single rank below me, I'll drop 20 points

>>159529110
>friend plays a shitton of alpha/beta, sends me an invite
>play it religiously
>get placed into G12 when he gets G11, he's upset
>play together and climb to G13 and G12
>he tries to play alone and drop all the way to G10
>immediately uninstalls

I haven't gotten a friend to stick to the game for more than a week after that, the last one got placed into G8 and stopped shortly after. Beginners getting their shit pushed in for a bunch of games while they learn causes a lot of them to get mad and leave
>>
File: 1475746515_poloma.jpg (264KB, 1310x1526px) Image search: [Google]
1475746515_poloma.jpg
264KB, 1310x1526px
>>
File: siriuss.png (2MB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
siriuss.png
2MB, 1600x1071px
>>
File: ashka.png (81KB, 398x350px) Image search: [Google]
ashka.png
81KB, 398x350px
>>
>>159499075
>apart from player count

That's barely too as well. Game hovers around 5K concurrent every day, the average is slowly dropping by 20-30 a week.

Did they say they sold like 200K copies or something and it was on the steam global top sellers sitting at 1st-5th for over a week and that's all they can manage concurrent. Shit's fucked.

Most of the BLC players I know have already stopped playing. Literally everyone new I suggested the game to has stopped playing and while I was checking out the tournaments going on it turns out there's a ton of drop outs from those too and they've all stopped for the same reason. The game is fucking dull. Then on top of that you've got this busted MMR system where you have to grind literally hundreds of games to make any sort of difference but then ultimately it doesn't actually matter since there's so few people playing that you'll end up getting matched with people 2-3 ranks below you anyway.
>>
File: sendhelp.png (232KB, 451x407px) Image search: [Google]
sendhelp.png
232KB, 451x407px
>tfw the only thing that keeps these threads alive is shitposting
>>
File: br2.jpg (62KB, 600x889px) Image search: [Google]
br2.jpg
62KB, 600x889px
>>159538695
i put in the game a lot of time (nearly 300 hours, i idled a lot tho) and learned all champions.
Nothing to do in the game since unranked is shit and ranked is broken.
>>
>>159538695
>/vg/
>not keeping threads alive by shitposting
Newfag
>>
>>159539521
i have 10 in-game hours, haven't touched ranked yet, what's broken about it?
>>
File: stalker_promo_small.png (63KB, 160x300px) Image search: [Google]
stalker_promo_small.png
63KB, 160x300px
>>159524289
>Battlerite is the same world as Bloodline Champions just farther into the future

The Arenas give hints to the BLC/BR lore

Blackstone arena, located in Othagur, is where Blood Priests and Stalkers perform their rituals. You can see statues of stalkers in Blackstone. Stalkers kidnapped people for the Blood Priests to perform rituals on. I'm excited to see what their BR counterparts will be like.

Sky Ring is in Trolobe, which is home to Inhibitors (Varesh) and Heralds (Oldur). It's a desert nation located to the south. In BLC it was enigmatic and difficult to reach, in BR they've seemed to have become wealthy and technologically advanced.

Orman Temple Is in The Silveridge Mountains. Home to Pomp (Poloma), Dryads, and Thorns. The Dryads seem to keep the Thorns at bay, stopping them from consuming the forest and also keeping travelers from venturing to their death. It seems like things have calmed down there now since the abandoned Orman Temple is used for sporting events.

Mount Araz is in the Eastern Wastelands. In BLC it was rocky and arid. Only Raveners ( Freya) and Nimlings who birthed Gluttons (Rook) lived there. Now in Battlerite Mount Araz attracts many travelers.
>>
File: OC.jpg (244KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
OC.jpg
244KB, 1200x650px
Getting some OC in this dead thread
>>
>>159539521
It feels pretty pointless. Standard makes zero attempt to maintain balanced teams while ranked requires something like a 65% winrate to even start to climb, and that's a generous figure

All of my friends quit the game, the people that I have met log on less and less, and maybe one game out of ten actually feels enjoyable

I really wanted to like this game
>>
File: glutton.jpg (85KB, 800x915px) Image search: [Google]
glutton.jpg
85KB, 800x915px
>>159540680
Maybe it was supposed to be a direct sequel then some retard dev said

>Wait we need the weeb and normie crowds, lets throw our character design out of the window and be as generic as possible
>What about fun skills like rock armor and taunt?
>Yeah those too.
>>
>>159539759
System decides your rank in roughly first 100 games, after that it's very hard to climb.
Because of that even people who is improving can't get higher grade (mb 1 up with every day grind).
So you can be g11 with 1000 games and g11 with 200 games who got lucky in his placements/played unranked first (first month there was no unranked so imagine how many people stuck in shitty grades because of that)
It's confirmed that there will be MM remake with soft reset after and that it's their top priority, but for now - have fun in unranked, learn champions (and their EX skills) and don't touch ranked.

To add to this - it's clear to everyone that 3v3 is far superior than 2v2 in terms of balance and champion variety, but devs are still didn't decide which mode will be core for the game, so 3s Q is dead(2s Q is boring as fug) and balancing in the game is kinda over the place.
>>
File: hornygrandma.png (457KB, 491x521px) Image search: [Google]
hornygrandma.png
457KB, 491x521px
>>159527237
I really wish Iva has stayed as a shogan engineer, instead of the garbage she is now.
>>
>>159539759
Ranked matchmaking works like this: Your real rank) - 3(Deviation) = visual rating

So if you win against better players, or worse players, your deviation goes up, and thus your visual rank goes down. The devs said it is good if your deviation goes up when you win against better players, because that means later on, if you're consistently better, you'll quickly rise

So instead of +25 +25 -25 +25 -25, you'll have +4 -33 +51 and so on, which is stupid bullshit
>>
File: Pearlthugmissussteam.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Pearlthugmissussteam.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>159543108

I'm not a fan of all the changes either, but I try to focus on the new things that I do like and get excite for those. Plus there's nothing indicating that Champions won't change, the game is in early access there's still a lot of time let before release, and many years of patches left afterwards. BR is already better than BLC and it doesn't even have half of what that game offered. BR has plenty of time for it to acquire and improve on features from it's predecessor. BLC didn't start out with all it's bells and whistles either.
>>
>>159545564
>currently G13
>game matches me up with another G13 against two G12s
>lose 2-3, drop 14 rating
>check after game, they were 3800 and 3900
>next match same partner against two G13s
>win 3-0, gain 10 rating

The system so heavily penalizes you for losing, especially to anyone lower than you, that it makes queueing up feel like an inevitable defeat regardless of your performance unless you can maintain a ~70% winrate

Even then you're barely going up anyhow
>>
File: 7kwqVjL.png (98KB, 428x225px) Image search: [Google]
7kwqVjL.png
98KB, 428x225px
>>159545674
>BR is already better than BLC

Thats a bold statement, I can't think of anything in BR that BLC didn't do better, from overall theme to class balance.
>>
>>159545674
>>159546406
they just have very little interesting champion designs. Rook is a generic gorilla archetype:

>big
>dumb
>head sticks out of chest

glutton had character
>>
>>159546406

Too many people have rose colored glasses on when it comes to BLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emRd1sRbh8U

Not even getting into the inner workings of the game, just looking at them side by side you can tell that BR is superior.
>>
File: Croak.png (302KB, 482x504px) Image search: [Google]
Croak.png
302KB, 482x504px
My buddy and I are playing a lot of 2v2 ranked lately and he wants to play as Croak for a while.
The thing is I don't know which champion/hero works well with Croak, his "in and out" playstyle makes it difficult for me to keep up with that guy.

Anyone got some recommendations?
>>
>>159545674
the thing is they've already made games before this, and should have seen what it was that killed BLC. i'm not sure anyone complained about the bloodline kits, but rather they all complained about the meta-game elements like medallions and masteries and having a f2p rotation. and the casuals mostly didn't play because having a small playerbase meant you were often matched outside of your skill level, and the game was visually ass to look at with tiny low poly models and generic particle effects

instead stunlock decided that part of what killed the game was characters being too complex, so they dumbed them down and gave them all the same tools as everybody else so the casuals wouldn't have to spend more than 10 minutes figuring out how to use Inhib. which in the end makes everyone have less potential. you can't solo carry yourself with Ruh Kaan out of g12 or g13 because of how gimped he is and the reliance on teamplay, where if it was BLC Harb you absolutely could if you were good enough.

in short SLS needs to up the solo carry potential of each champion. teamplay will still be as important when you are higher ranked, while your own mechanical skill and knowledge will do more for you when you're lower ranked.
>>
>>159548096
Jade's been the go to partner with him for a while in a double DPS comp, designed to blow someone up during the CC Croak puts out
>>
>>159548096
Gunner/Jade
>>
File: 1455570819429.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1455570819429.png
1MB, 852x854px
>>159546741
>come at me!

This shit keeps playing even with voice muted, fucking hell.

All my mains got butchered in BR.

>Rook has no shield, no stalagmite, no storm. Get some shitty counter instead.
>Varesh loses sol bolt, ohm doesnt heal, no stacking, no runic discharge. Ult is just his space EX. SLS ruins the best tank design (visually) in the game
>Ru Kaan loses amplify, no aoe dot, ult doesn't spam bolt.

Can't wait to see how they fuck up bloodpriest and grimrog.

>>159547839
It looks newer, thats it.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>159531571
My friends don't want to improve, they just play for the sake of playing.

There's nothing wrong with that, but it saddens me.
>>
>>159548272

You need to off yourself first if you think the only difference is that it looks newer, BLC is choppy and stuttery as fuck, its sloppy and not as responsive compared to BR. I'm a big BLC fan too but I'm not stupid enough to deny that BR is kicking it's ass currently, game play wise, and BR is bare bones in comparison.
>>
>>159548361

Play un-ranked with your friends and add other players from your ranked matches that you think would be good to ladder with.
>>
>>159548096
pick pearl if you want to win
pick jade if you want to meme
>>
>>159550931
>>159548237
>>159548226
So it's Jade and Pearl.
Sounds good, thanks guys.
>>
>>159549692
(you)
>>
>>159549692
Not him, but Battlerite literally has acceleration to the camera and movement, as well as backswing animations. How is that MORE responsive? Your character did exactly what you told it to in BLC, and it doesn't in BR.

And stuttery, yeah. That was a good thing though. The slowdown on attack instead of stopping makes dodging (well, if it was possible in the first place) much, much less interesting. By attacking you should leave yourself vulnarable. It's a trade-off and you need to time it. Now you just spam their m1 til' they're dead.

It didn't feel stuttery when you got used to it either, I don't think. If you just tried to attack whenever or all the time, sure, but then you're silver or below. When you stopped for an attack it was always very intentional, and it felt intentional. You were in control.

If you're a casual or new to the game, then Battlerite is a lot easier to get into, yeah. It'll feel better. If you're advanced, I don't understand how anyone could think BR has better gameplay. Noone of the dozen or so people I played with regularly in BLC in gold-dia think BR is better. None.
>>
people say the game is boring, but that's just because they play 2v2 mirror matchups with mirror battlerites

3v3 is also a bit stale, but it has way more variation in champion selection and battlerite builds
>>
File: RuhKaanmysterywave.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RuhKaanmysterywave.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
Alrigth all you noobs get into the master of bacon stream to watch the final match. Come show support for 3v3 tournaments.
>>
>>159555126
>>159555126
Got a link, chief?
>>
twitch dot tv/mastersofbacon
>>
>>159555126
Pretty telling who the final consists of. Complete dogshit players apart from randler.
>>
File: 139.jpg (80KB, 350x363px) Image search: [Google]
139.jpg
80KB, 350x363px
>K3b4b1
>>
>>159556380
All the 2v2 players that were supposedly amazing already got blown the fuck out
>>
File: 200px-Taya.png (79KB, 200x391px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Taya.png
79KB, 200x391px
>>159556562

Making Nomad look so sexy here.
>>
File: 544.jpg (327KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
544.jpg
327KB, 1024x576px
>that snipe on 2 mounted retards
>>
>>159557185
It has more to do with the game trying to make it impossible to outplay people and being rewarded for it. I cant count the amount of times I destroyed randler and xaynox in 2s. Sure, that was 2s, but its still about individual ability and holy shit is xaynox a dogshit player. Hes being carried by randler so goddamn hard. Due to Lucie and Ruh having so much healing, half the time the matches still ended up being closes because, spoiler alert, I didnt have a Lucie on my team myself. Not gonna say that comb is OP, just saying that this game gives you so much leeway after fucking up that its mindblowing. The same applies for Littlemaster and K3bab, who is just a straight up worse Leadface and loses individual duels against characters Taya has an advantage over.

It might be that they simply excel at playing 3s, but the fact that they are so goddamn dog shit at playing 1v1s and mindgames really says a lot. Sure, thats not what the game is about, but if you have 90% of your trances baited for nothing then that says a lot about the players ability to read his opponent.
>>
>>159427036
artist should maybe learn how to draw a face before they start putting racks up front like im gonna jack off to this
>>
>>159556562
>>159557321
cum on tayas bald head
>>
>>159555126
Nah, hotkey centric games are fucking boring to watch.

Also, that name, nah dude, nah. like hey you guys ever hear of this crazy food, its called BACON, lol!
>>
>>159558312
I think xaynox was alright in BLC. Not the scariest guy in the game, but he could give me a fair amount of trouble even in 1v1 as a healer. Randler is really good though. Is he that much worse in BR?
>>
>>159538695
A SHIT GAME DESERVES SHIT POSTS
>>
>>159558312
You can do a lot of things in 2s that are a retarded decision in 3s, 2s is just about mechanics above all else where 3s is about strategy and positioning which isn't something 2s teaches you anything about.
>>
>>159558884
>Is he that much worse in BR
If youre referring to randler then no, I even said that he carries (then again he also always plays the most OP healer). Xaynox is just dogshit in 1v1 and anticipation. That was even more obvious on Baako but also didnt really matter because of how braindead the character is. Ruh seems to be almost the same as soon as you grasped the basics of the character, probably still requires a bit more discipline.

>>159559179
Which simply is wrong. If you unironically think that 2s doesnt require positioning to do well then I dont know what to tell you. Of course bad decision making is more impact full in 3s, however mechanical ability, ability to read opponents and outplay them should still be above anything else. There is no actual strategy in this game. You wait for cooldown to pop, wait for people to be vulnerable and punish accordingly. I wouldnt even call that a strat, its just play by play. The only strats are team compositions and their synergies.

The lack of cancel casting is telling as well. Dont seem to need that on those claustrophobic maps.
>>
>>159558312
>>159556380
salty
>>
File: 1374020674220.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1374020674220.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>159559964
>There is no actual strategy in this game

This is what 2s players actually believe
>>
>>159560146
Nah, I am not salty. Lots of teams had to replace players because they quit. If anything I am disappointed by the way the game developed over the last 1-2 months. The upcoming patch will make it even worse I believe. BLC never had a lot of depth. The focus was on reading your opponents, punishing positioning errors and cooldown mismanagement and mechanical skill. BRITE got rid of the latter and quite frankly, made punishing even easier because of how big the hurtboxes of some characters are. I dont care about who wins this tournament, I simply wanted to point out that most of the players in the final are dogshit in multiple areas that used to matter but that doesnt seem to matter right now.

>>159560315
I play both, but if youre so convinced that the game has strategic depth then why dont you provide some examples to strengthen your point?
>>
>>159560849
If you unironically believe that then you are too stupid to be worth discussing this with

The current tournament progression already directly proves you wrong, if you're too blind to see that then that's a personal problem you have and nobody will play life coach for you
>>
>>159561164
a) which part of the post are you even referring to?
b) why arent you providing any actual arguments?
>The current tournament progression already directly proves you wrong
What is that even supposed to mean?
>>
File: 1208721513205.jpg (70KB, 380x247px) Image search: [Google]
1208721513205.jpg
70KB, 380x247px
>Dat Lucie ult
>"That was the goo of the year"
>>
File: 1414555534655.png (57KB, 276x256px) Image search: [Google]
1414555534655.png
57KB, 276x256px
>>159560849
>the upcoming patch will make it worse

at least give us a hint
>>
Hoping the game will have season rewards.

Season skins, avatars, mounts, with animated effects and colors based on rank.
>>
>>159562392
remember when you could have your own customized avatars in games instead of paying monopoly money for a company's stock image collection
>>
>>159560849
>game has no strategic depth

Man I wish I could shitpost guilt free.

Let me give you an example. For Rook, you can use your rock to zone the enemy team. You can cut off an exit to force your opponents to group together, or you can toss it in the middle of them to separate them.
Of course, maybe you got battlerites for your rock, so you use it as a means to hit the enemy and do damage, and rely more on your team to herd them in.

If you force them together so you can rush in and M2, then your team perhaps will get battlerites to protect you more, or if you desire to separate the enemy, your team gets more damage.
The ways that heroes synergize heaviliy rely also on the seemingly subtle usage of abilities.

Please just fuck off back to 2v2 where you play chicken with counters.
>>
File: 1414600285782.jpg (127KB, 856x720px) Image search: [Google]
1414600285782.jpg
127KB, 856x720px
>>159562724
even Halo had an in-game avatar creator where you could make your own, even though you used their system

good thing silver and gold chests are about 50% icons that I'll never care about though, that certainly drives me to spend money here
>>
File: 1445469836208.jpg (6KB, 223x225px) Image search: [Google]
1445469836208.jpg
6KB, 223x225px
>Lucie throws goo
>Jade buckshots enemies out of the goo
>>
>>159562971
how is any of that strategic? what you described is a flowchart of If Enemy Does That, Do This
>>
>>159563635
probably had it activated before your goo landed dude, dont blame your poor ult timing on him
>>
>>159563735
In the tournament, dude. The goo already landed.
>>
>>159562971
>Let me give you an example. For Rook, you can use your rock to zone the enemy team. You can cut off an exit to force your opponents to group together, or you can toss it in the middle of them to separate them.
None of this is strategic depth you fucking mongoloid, its play by play that changes depending on the situation. If they blew certain outs you spread them in a way to accommodates nuking the key targets, they are badly positioned you punish it by exploiting said mispositioning.

I dont know what sort of shit you smoke for desperately forcing the word strategy as much as you do, but what youre describing is nothing but exploiting the tools that are given to you by the characters design. Just because I THINK before throwing my rock suddenly makes it an exceptionally deep strategic decision.
>>
>>159563730
how is chess strategic?
How is war strategic?
How is dota, starcraft, or quake strategic?

by your logic, nothing is strategic because LOL FLOWCHART
>>
>>159563871
>its play by play that changes depending on the situation.

what the fuck is this autism? This is the exact definition of strategy, using positioning and tools to force your opponents into unfavorable positions

Please just go back to your casual 2v2 bullshit
>>
You guys are playing the wrong game if you want strategy. You need an objective other than kill your opponent if you're hungry for strategy.
>>
>>159564365
I have a cool new objective for you: kill yourself
>>
>>159563959
The simpler a games mechanics there are, the simpler the strategy. When you dilute the players possibly actions into 6 hot keys, there is a lot less room for player agency than something like quake.
>>
>>159564091
Can you stop bring up brackets? I am probably one of the players who has been forcing 3s more than anyone else in every conversation we had with the depth and this game, the same as BLC, never had any strategic depth, or depth in general for that matter. That was never a problem, though. I dont get why youre so desperately trying to prove that the game is something it simply isnt.

>is dota
A completely different game that is based around team setups and synergies while also carefully planning the amount of resources available on the map. You also have to consider when do push what lane, how to push what lane, when to split push, which risks to takes, what wards to counter etc. The only resource you manage in BRITE is the rune, for which there are 2 outcomes in 3s: force the enemy out so you get it or get forced out so they get it. Both of these things are mostly connected to your mechanical ability to hit shit.

>starcraft
It isnt, most of the time. Its a build order and counterpick game, especially the most recent iterations.

>quake strategic
Most of the time it isnt either. Its about anticipation and mechanical ability because yes, keeping track of item spawns is nothing but your mechanical ability to actually keep track of them. Forcing them away from red 5 seconds before it spawns isnt something you actually need to weigh pros and cons for.
>>
>>159564091
>strat·e·gy
>ˈstradəjē/
>a plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.

the problem with your example is that you can't just throw your rock and assume something will happen. because in order for you TO force your opponents together, they have to already be in a position that allows you to force them together. if you want to separate them, they already have to be grouped together.

both situations require something to have already happened, and you're responding to it in a linear way because you only have one (MAYBE two) effective options to respond with. WOW STRATEGIC DEPTH, MY MIND IS CUMMING ALREADY FROM THE POSSIBILITIES
>>
File: 1407718606006.png (300KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1407718606006.png
300KB, 500x500px
>>159563959
>How is war strategic?

great post anon
>>
>>159564626
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58

seemingly simple games can be very intuitive. Lots of mind games to play with your opponent.

Quake pros refer to their game as an RTS, because it's more about resource management than ability to aim.

>>159564738
You play 2v2 because you rely on goading your enemies into hitting your counters. It's a joke mode.

You say quake isn't strategic? Funny how the most garbage players who don't win are the ones saying what isn't strategic

>>159564792
A noob assumes what's going to happen. Having the idea in your mind what to explicitly to create a more favorable outcome is strategy. please just stop posting.
>>
>>159565230
ok but what does that have to do with my post at all
>>
>>159565230
>A noob assumes what's going to happen.

this just in, if you make reads you're fucking retarded!
>>
>>159564584

That's constructive.

The most strategy you can get out of this game is "lets focus X champion". You can have individual strategy (telling yourself you'll do this or that ext round) but it always comes out to be more reactionary than planned. There are no macro elements to this game. I'd hardly consider baiting cool downs and positioning to be a micro decision, because they're naturally apart of paying well and winning the match. The only thing you need to do is kill the other players, hence no strategy. BLC,BR, WoW arena ids about being mechanically superior. Not strategic with build orders and timings you need to hit or items you need to build or vision you need to obtain.
>>
>>159565230
>You play 2v2 because you rely on goading your enemies into hitting your counters. It's a joke mode.
Bringing up 2s again. Can you get a trip so I know who to ignore/filter? This is becoming tiresome.

>A noob assumes what's going to happen
Its called reading the opponent and making sound decisions based on their habits and clear patterns youve noticed.

>Having the idea in your mind what to explicitly to create a more favorable outcome is strategy
Even if we agree that it is, thats literally something you do in any competitive environment in existence. That doesnt make it deep. Depth means that theres a truckload of options to consider and ways to react to it. Neither is the case in Battlerite or BLC, and I highly doubt that either EVER was what SLS aimed for, otherwise they did a piss poor job with both games.
>>
>>159565412
>>159565407
>>159565703

It's just so retarded for the people who don't win to make blanket statements about what takes strategy and thinking.
Honestly, not even joking here, you would not know how to play this game strategically, because all you play is 2v2, a mode entirely decided by who hit's who's counters.
You're not trying to use the rock throw to push your opponents into a different position because you feel that one position is more advantageous. According to you guys, you either hit the rock or you don't. Apparently, denying and exit route for your enemy isn't a good idea, because you didn't do damage.
Maybe dissuading your opponents from leaving isn't the right move, because you can't win a confrontational fight. Using the rook to cut off an exit they aren't even trying to use is a tactical error.

The worst players don't get to make the declarations of what is skill/strategy. Your opinion is simply irrelevant. The vast majority of the pro scene thinks 2v2 is not competitive, and is more about playing chicken. The people who win have the most credibility, not you.
>>
File: 1368574641801.jpg (50KB, 418x326px) Image search: [Google]
1368574641801.jpg
50KB, 418x326px
>>159565565
>lets focus X champion

FOCUS
PEELS
>>
>>159565986
>who don't win to make blanket statements about what takes strategy and thinking
Why dont you provide you masterbattlerite profile and afterwards present a screencap of your account sheet, because I am somewhat sure that youre not even playing at the highest level.

>Your opinion is simply irrelevant.
Handing that right back to you.

>The vast majority of the pro scene thinks 2v2 is not competitive and is more about playing chicken
No one thinks that, I am sorry. The problem with 2s is thats its a garbage made that is based on counterpicking and fotm picks and leaves no room for weaker characters to do well because there isnt enough room for their qualities to excel. 2s simply is a garbage mode, no doubt about that. But your delusion about the strategic depth of the game is quite mind blowing, gotta say. Which of SLS's dick suckers are you? Coredusk? Warden?

>The people who win have the most credibility
Good that I am winning, then. On second thought that statement doesnt even make a lot of sense, though considering the current success being more based on fotm picks.
>>
>>159566658
let me rephrase:

"The vast majority of the best players in the community disagree with you, and because you have literally no results to back up your claims, no one believes said claims"

aka "shitters don't get to talk"
>>
>>159566010
>FOCUS
>PEELS
This is what you consider to be strategic depth? Is this a joke?

>Focus
Reactionary decision making to force cooldowns or punish mismanagement of them.

>Peels
Reactionary decision based on pressure that leaves you with two options: dont peel and risk losing or peel and make sure that you dont lose. ESPECIALLY peels are reactionary and situational as fuck.
>>
>>159566927
ignore tanker
>>
>>159566920
So to conclude: Youre a literal who trying to make the game look better than it is. Gotcha.
>>
>>159565986
i exclusively play 3s

you continuously ignore the points brought up in favor of spouting more faux-elitest bullshit. literally all you have said is YOU CAN USE ROCK LIKE THIS OR THIS, AND ACHIEVE THIS!! which is fucking obvious. no one is disputing that. what was said was that in order for you to achieve anything, your opponent first has to put themselves in a position that will allow your "strategy" to work. if your opponent is not trying to use an exit route, you aren't going to use the rock to deny them that exit route because it would be pointless to do so. yeah?

so then what it boils down to is you are choosing what option to take based on what your opponent is doing. which is simply reacting, and if you're good then you will choose the best option for that situation. which isn't strategic whatsoever, unless your strategy is to win suboptimally.
>>
I likes 2's more because I only have 1 friend to play with
>>
>>159567169
we're both literal whos, but you're simultaneously garbage at the game
>>
>>159567472
>we're both literal whos
Please speak for yourself.
>>
>>159567225
>so then what it boils down to is you are choosing what option to take based on what your opponent is doing. which is simply reacting, and if you're good then you will choose the best option for that situation. which isn't strategic whatsoever, unless your strategy is to win suboptimally.

again, by this logic chess takes no strategy. Starcraft takes no strategy. nothing takes any strategy because hurr durrr reacting
>>
>>159567594
you're literally posting on an anonymous image board

Go post your garbage opinion where the other testers can see who you are. Oh wait, you won't.
>>
>>159567786
I did plenty of times in the past, particularly in alpha and beta. What I am surprised about is that someone like you who is so convinced of what hes saying isnt simply revealing his identity.
>>
File: s4s.jpg (375KB, 800x782px) Image search: [Google]
s4s.jpg
375KB, 800x782px
>>159568210
>he won't do it
>>
is this guy sitting on the other dude at the casters desk?

thats kinda cute
>>
>"Then [SLS dev] said "I'd rather not be inspired by BLC to be honest. I'm looking for innovation."

no fucking wonder they made so many poor decisions making this game
>>
>>159573630
Are you that furry Blaiwne or at least someone who's just copying his posts? Would be kinda pathetic if you had to advertise your shit in this thread.

I think that this sort of attitude is one of the biggest issues the game has, though. They are so desperately trying to innovative but are failing so hard at it because the entire coregame is a blatant copy of BLC. Also see this >>159499075. How anyone could possibly consider that they did to the account sheet or scoreboard to be an innovation is beyond me.
>>
>>159573630
>I'm looking for innovation.
guess they didnt find any
>>
>>159574549
copying, thought it was relevant to our complaints about the game in this thread. also edited it to protect identities. show that same respect mang

but you're right, trying to distance themselves from BLC when the game is a BLC sequel is a baffling decision at best. and reading that a dev said that is.. disheartening. that, combined with how the champions abilities are designed as well as the previous and future balance changes, makes me lose all hope in the game. the devs only listen when it's select people spamming shit at them. and kohake's comment on MoB stream yesterday about buffing lucie because people said she was the "weakest" support just floored me. she needed the attack range buff, but needed nerfs on petrify bolt's cast time and it not needing to hit (which was only recently addressed)

like i don't claim to be an expert at game balance, or a pro, or anything like that. and i get that being a game developer doesn't leave you much time or desire to play the game you're making, or that you'll even be good at it. but it seems like SLS will do whatever they please and hope it's good for the game, rather than actually listening to top/reasonable players and reaching a compromise. and based on the new test patch stuff, that's not going to change
>>
>>159576538
>the devs only listen when it's select people spamming shit at them
The devs listen? The only time the listened was when we told them to remove some Battlerites after they "reworked" them. They hardly ever actually listen to what we say, thats why I dont bother to even address them or the game anymore. I just use the Discord for banter and to fuck with people, well or report bugs if I am playing a new version of the game.

Right now there also is no goal people are pursuing together. People want to push 3s, but SLS doesnt want that. Some people like Verosk will always claim that the shit they play is weak, while Klerny literally calls stuff OP because he lost a match against (most hilarious bit was him saying that Iva was OP in 2s because he lost to it, I only know of a single person who even plays that char), then you have the group of cocksuckers who defends every single one of SLS' moves, Jackazzm who does nothing but troll and shit post, protagonist who does nothing but force arguments over virtually anything and Rifletown who defends Lucie all day. Fuck anonymity, its not like it matters that these people behave the way they do.

There is no clear cut goal that group is pursuing, nothing any of us agree on, the devs dont want to heard that X or Y was better in BLC and the only time they listen is if we literally spam the feedback channel with "are you fucking retarded for adding X?" like that Baako Battlerite that refreshed axe charges. The best example of them not having a clue what they are doing were the Ruh Khaan buffs: People suggested a change at a time. Some people said give him iframe on space, others give curse more heal, but all of them generally agreed that the character didnt need any wicked buffs. What do they do? Give him all the shit people suggested, completely overdoing it. The buffs that are being deployed with the upcoming patch are fucking mindblowing as well. I dont even remember anyone saying the char needed drastic buffs.
>>
File: 1441395451443.jpg (23KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1441395451443.jpg
23KB, 480x368px
>>159576538
>>159577697
>speshul testing group

So are we fucked? It feels like we're fucked. Ranked is an unfun mess, and Standard is an unfun, uncompetitive mess. Cosmetic rewards feel bad and are laden with icons no one really cares about, and we go nearly 3 weeks between any form of balance changes in an Early Access game, when things should be tweaked the most.

I don't get to see the direction of the game in advance because I'm not part of the group, but it feels fucking bleak.
>>
>>159578410
To be completely honest, I would say that we are unless they have some patch that is supposed to get deployed by the time f2p hits. I kinda expect 1.0 to be big, because based on what they say, and based on what I've been told by devs in private conversations, there is a lot of stuff that is supposed to be added. Nothing specific, though, so they might very well be full of shit.

Just looking at the most recent patches and the clear patterns that have developed, some statements of the devs and their inability as well as unwillingness to communicate with us, as a tester community, I believe that the game is doomed because SLS gives me no reason to believe that they will suddenly make sound, competent decisions. They have a group of people at their disposal who still consider BLC to be the best and most fun competitive game ever made, people who literally shed tears when the first news about Battlerite spread, people who invested hundreds of hours ironing out bugs in early tests for no reward whatsoever, people who are so incredibly loyal to the game that you start to ask yourself why, but they are refusing to make use of them. They just ignore us or hide in the shadows, not giving us anything to work with which automatically results in them misinterpreting what we are saying (see RuhKhaan buff example above). So unless they do a complete 180 on this sort of behavior (or suddenly start to use their brains) I dont think that this game will go anywhere.

It lacks depth, it lacks lasting appeal, it lacks mechanical skill requirements, it lacks a unique artstyle, it lacks community features, it basically is lacking in all areas apart from "instant fun". BLC had issues, but all they really did with this game was create more of them. And to be completely honest, even if this game ends up being successful, I highly that it will be appealing to the people who "helped develop" it.
>>
>>159577697
Makes sense that SLS isn't listening after reading the break down of the feedback they're getting and the behavior they're witnessing. It's exactly the same type of shit blizzard got from the professional and grand-master players they invited early test their sc2 expansions. They did the same thing, disregard their suggestions and whining and make the game that they wanted.
>>
>>159578410
>>159577697
>>159576538
look, the development of the game isn't going to always go super smoothly. They're going to fuck up. I don't defend their stupidity, but I imagine it must be hard to lots of varying opinions telling you what to do.
And if you don't appease one of them, that one person is going to cry that the game is dying and they're uninstalling.
This game will grow into the game we want it to be if we present one unified position to the devs.

So what if they retardedly gave Kaan all the buffs at once? They can remove one later in December. I don't know exactly how to explain this, but each mistake they make is one less mistake they can make.
Kaan was weak. Then they overbuffed him. Now they can strike for somewhere in the middle, and have gained some experience on making balance changes.

As for lucie being OP/UP, the devs just need to look at the stats. If they see Lucie kicking ass at G15 and sucking at G10, then they know lucie is a problem in a skilled environment, but not for newer players.
So don't worry about OPUP cries, just give it time.

As for keeping the game fresh, they just need to add some interesting battlerites. Like for Jade, maybe she can move at full speed while shooting. It may be overpowered, but it's interesting and fun, and that's all the game really need imo, fun and interesting at this point.
>>
>>159579565
Its not like we as players can be blamed for it. There is no direction, no hints, no topics. We are basically left alone so its kinda obvious that the feedback is one big mess with people trying to push their agenda as much as possible. This could easily be solved by simply having some big topics that people are forced to argue about. Like, make them weekly or daily or something, especially asking who needs buffs most and why, or nerfs and why, or what aspect of X should get addressed as soon as possible. It would be incredibly easy for them to push the discussion into a certain direction but all they do is sit back and watch.

This game has so many fucking flaws that its impossible for the players to even point out which of them are the most crucial ones. The fact that they still havent made up their minds in regards to the games main bracket is just the cherry on top.

>>159579879
>but I imagine it must be hard to lots of varying opinions telling you what to do
See above.

>So what if they retardedly gave Kaan all the buffs at once? They can remove one later in December.
That is the fucking point, though. This problem wouldnt even exist if they simply listened. Why the fuck you need to ignore feedback just to fix the mess a month later? Why not just fucking listen to the people who are playing the game? What incentive does a group of 50 players have to push for an OP character? None.

>So don't worry about OPUP cries, just give it time.
There is no time. Plenty of people already abandoned the game because of the stale meta, the retarded decisions they made and their overall inability to make the right calls. The problem isnt that they fuck up, its that there is a group of people that already does its best to protect them from doing so. They are simply too incompetent to utilize it properly.
>>
Competitive game, everybody.
>>
>>159580318
>That is the fucking point, though. This problem wouldnt even exist if they simply listened. Why the fuck you need to ignore feedback just to fix the mess a month later? Why not just fucking listen to the people who are playing the game? What incentive does a group of 50 players have to push for an OP character? None
It's not that they aren't listening, it's death by committee. For example, people propose changes A, B, and C. All of them swear to quit the game and never come back if their requests are not met. Which one do you choose? Again, it's hard to distinguish what's right and wrong from the Cacophony of bad opinions.
Take Rifletown defending Lucie. If you were SLS, how do you know which players have the "best" opinions of balance? They can't tell the difference between you and Rifletown, have some perspective on this issue. They're listening, but they're listening to EVERYONE. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

I think we need to just focus on one topic right now. Before any discussions of balance occur, we need to choose one bracket to get behind. Ruh Kaan is underpowered? Lucie is overpowered? Let's not even discuss that shit until we know whether or not we're balancing for 2v2 or 3v3. Each time any changes about the orb or balance or map design is brought up, redirect the conversation towards 2's versus 3's
>>
>>159579879
>They're going to fuck up.
i agree, and expect that. it's okay to make balance mistakes as long as the end goal is to fix it and provide an overall balanced game. but the problem is that you CAN'T leave it alone for weeks, especially not in an early access period. they need to hotfix these things like, maximum 4 days after a patch comes out, otherwise people are going to log in excitedly to play, realize shit's still busted if not more busted or worse OTHER shit is busted now, log out and go back to not playing. and after it happens enough times they stop logging in no matter how many new patches come out. worse still this is AFTER stunlock said they would be patching more frequently.

>present one unified position to the devs
first, getting everyone to agree on the major issues is nearly always impossible and there's no telling how many people will even agree. second, there's no telling if SLS will listen or do anything or do what we request, even when it's their playerbase asking for it. they could just as easily say "yeah that doesn't match up with our direction for the game, so no we're not doing that" even when it's in their best interest to do so. it seems obvious that they don't give a shit when the 5k avg players out of 300k copies owned statistic is staring them in the face.

i'm not saying all hope is lost or that battlerite couldn't become a fantastic game or even esport. it's just that stunlock haven't shown any behaviors or signs that they're competent or attentive enough to turn the game around.
>>
>>159581936
Then the server should have been dead since May because we never knew what bracket to balance around and plenty of people kept mentioning that there is no point in addressing balance issues unless we know what to balance for. The problem is that shitty balance still has an impact on the player moot, so unless they know that stuff being OP is irrelevant they will ask for changes that are related to 2s. After all, the devs never said that they dont balance around it. The situation is their fault. None of this would be an issue if they would finally make a decision, if they would tell people what they expect, they they would issue questions they want answers to. As it stands right now they are too insecure to make either of these calls which results in all the testers being frustrated as fuck.
>>
>>159582214
as a follow up, i've been through this shit before with an amazingly promising game that the retarded devs fucked up by not listening to the people who actually played the game. there was a blatantly obvious bug we had reported to them for an entire year, that only got fixed because one day the devs had a "community day" on their forums and someone asked about the bug, and all the main programmer had to say about it was "wow that bug exists? i had no idea". later still, on the game's release day stream, their big announcement was that "we're in this for the long haul! we'll keep bringing you small updates and fixes and whatever the community strongly requests." literally a week after that the game's development got shut down LMFAO and this, of course, was after a year of them adding pointless shit game modes and balance changes nobody wanted. because they never communicated with us or asked anyone what they should be doing or focusing on, or the specifics of how a new game mode should work.

instead they did whatever the fucking wanted without any input from the players, and understandably it all went to waste because no one liked the end results. exactly how this game is turning out to be.
>>
People seem to forget that stunlock is only about 25 people, they basically created a new genre of video game (still own the only two games in the genre) in the early stages of competitive gaming / e-sports. I think what they're doing right now isn't terrible and people too quick to scream that the sky is falling.
>>
File: fat.png (176KB, 968x1160px) Image search: [Google]
fat.png
176KB, 968x1160px
>>159582689
>>159582465
>>159582214
I know it's exhausting, but you have to start crusading for your cause if you want the game to become good.
You say that people shed tears hearing of a BLC sequel, you say that they believe this could be the best, most fun competitive game ever, but where is that passion besides the tester discord?

Make a video. Start a big brouhaha. Fuck, go on reddit and bitch about it. If you are really as 'passionate' as you say you are, then bring that passion into the public eye instead of hiding it on some sekrit speshul discord
>>
>>159583126
>I think what they're doing right now isn't terrible
Blows my mind how someone can be this naive. This isnt their first game, or the first attempt at making this sort of game. BLC started being developed in like 2008, which means that they had 8 years to iron out the issues for this title and learn form fucking up in the other game they made, DeadIsland Epidemic which, as well as Battlerite, had a solid core but died because they simply didnt listen to the players. Now that at least was a new genre, but it essentially stole dozens of BLC ideas as well. Battlerite isnt some first attempt at making this shit work, its quite arguably the third and it appears that they havent learned shit.

The amount of employees doesnt matter. They could basically outsource the entire balancing process to the top players of the community if they would ask the right questions, provide topics to discuss and tell them what to balance around. I bet that there are also a bunch of people who'd love nothing more than come up with fancy and interesting battlerites. They have a group of fanatics at their disposal but instead try to force their own vision which, based on what we are seeing right now, is utterly atrocious.

>>159583569
>you say that they believe this could be the best, most fun competitive game ever
I said that people believe that BLC still is the best and most fun competitive game ever, not that BRITE can be. This game will be, no matter what they do, an inferior version to BLC because of its core concepts and changes alone. Months we have tested this shit and nothing has changed. Characters are more bland with every new release, balance patches make less and less sense, no other areas received major re-hauls.

I think you misunderstood my point: Many people reached the point at which they can not be bothered anymore. Even mr2, who basically organized MoB on his own and wanted to make it a reoccurring thing is sick of it.
>>
>>159584194
again, all of your effort went into the discord.

I went over to the battlerite subreddit and looked at their top posts for the past month. Take a look for yourself: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleRite/top/?sort=top&t=month

In every post, they could not give less of a shit about balance issues or 2's versus 3's. They are simply oblivious to any woes you might have. So why don't you make a video about it?
I'm sure any of the youtubers for this game could make a video about it and at least bring up the issue with the casual newcomers involved. Isn't Odin an alpha tester? Why not get him to say something about it

I find it funny to hear "I'm tired" when not all of the options have been tried. Raise a big stink with the casuals, then SLS has a higher likelihood of listening.
>>
>>159583126
>still own the only two games in the genre

what its powerstone with cooldowns
>>
File: 1406868553890.jpg (50KB, 575x372px) Image search: [Google]
1406868553890.jpg
50KB, 575x372px
My problem is that if the game continues in this state, I'm going to give up and move onto some other one where I can get my competitive fix from. There's plenty of other ones that, while they might not hit the same spot Battlerite does, are much more complete games that I won't have to worry if it will turn out decent or not.

If I quit, I'm probably not coming back. Whatever I pick instead will occupy my time, and even if I find out they've fixed the problems four months later, I'll already be invested in something else and it won't be worth it to me to leave.

Obviously I'm just one person and I don't speak for everyone, but I think it's reasonable that my mentality makes up a fair chunk of the current population. Most people can't even be bothered to try a new game, so if they do and it's a mess, they're not going to stick around, no matter how good it gets months after they've quit.
>>
>>159585191
lets make our own game i can do 2d art
>>
>>159585031

I would make a video about why I want just 3v3 but I'm just a grade 10
>>
>general dies without frequent bumps 500 posts from cap

h-hooray
>>
So what other games are there to play because I got a good rig but nothing to run on it right now. Cant find BRITE matches anyway at my rating at this time, not like I played the game a lot recently. Any competitive games that also look good in beta or something?
>>
>>159588202
>37 posters
not really surprising
>>
>>159588603

Rocket League is the only good competitive video game atm
>>
File: 1455606506658.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1455606506658.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>159588202
Yeah I know right? The BLC general was much faster, with consistent on-topic discussion of the game and promoted an engaging environment to learn high level play. This general is simply a pale imitation with worse direction that has been casualized to appeal to the lowest common denominator. We haven't even decided how to split the discussion into 2 or 3 topics yet. This general is doomed to fail and I hope it does.
>>
>>159585315
I'll make the logo!
>>
>>159588887
>>159588694
>>159588202
because none of you fags talk about the game.
Rook's M2 goes straight through counters. How are you liking the new change? Is it what Rook needs? Is it fun to M2 someone who just used counter like in >>159510708
>>
are we calling sirius moon nigger, sun negro, or star nigger?
>>
>>159591951
There are less than 40 posters in here. I assure you the majority of the people have tried bringing up balance or thoughts on 2s/3s or how to talk to devs, but there's only so much you can discuss with the same people forever, and generals are rarely more than 20% actual game discussion.

Rook's M2 going through counters is lazy and served as a bandaid to fix what was generally a weak melee. It doesn't feel good to play against, it frequently causes you to burn an out without a whole lot of counterplay, and it's braindead easy to hit.

>>159592176
Space Morpheus
>>
>>159591951
>talking about balance issues on 4chan
SLS doesnt even care if we complain directly with PMs. His m2 is retarded because it gives you a free card to get around counters. Not only that, it applies a debuff, stops the counter and punishes you in no way for hitting the trance. Perfect example of "dumb the game down and make it worse for everyone".
>>
>>159592260
>>159592292
but is it fun to m2 people who just used counter?
>>
>>159592378
>is it fun to use an ability that is blatantly too strong?

pretty sure the answer to that question is irrelevant
>>
>>159592378
I dont see how being rewarded for mindlessly pressing a button could ever be considered fun, but I am pretty sure some shitter who cant cancel cast will consider it the greatest thing ever until someone does it to him with a different char.
>>
>>159592481
>>159592378
it's fun, and actually adds some variety to the fucking game.
Rook has no mobility outside of his charge, so it's easy to just kite him, but he does well against champions with counters.
It's part of making the game have actually varied champions, sorry you guys can't just play your dumbass shifu/sirius/counter centric champion and rape face

pick ashka once in a while and use molten fist when he charges, easy pickings
>>
>>159592676
just to add, you asshats whine for days about the blandness of the game, yet they make one champion good at negating counter spells and terrible with movement, and you lose your shit

kite him
>>
File: 1461481330241.png (265KB, 393x441px) Image search: [Google]
1461481330241.png
265KB, 393x441px
>>159592676
>varied champions
>can't just play your dumbass counter centric champion
>>
File: ecksdi.jpg (45KB, 277x243px) Image search: [Google]
ecksdi.jpg
45KB, 277x243px
>>159593024
okay buddy, here's what sirius does:

1. Use mobility into 1v3
2. use counter

oops, can't do that with a rook right there. Looks like you'll have to use positioning skill
>>
>>159593182
you're absolutely right, that's how you play sirius. i guess i'll have to start doing that from now on, idk why i never thought of trying that out

but hey e-forums are a great source of knowledge beyond yourself
>>
>>159592676
Except variety for the sake of variety isn't a good thing

If one champion had access to an ult level ability on their space without energy, that'd be variety, and it would still be shit for the game. "Variety" has to maintain some semblance of counterplay, even if it's strong against certain aspects in the game.

If Rook didn't have the stun battlerite on his M2, I'd probably be okay with it. It would still have all the same benefits of being able to dodge counters, but not blatantly fuck you if you're a champion that relies on them to be relevant in the game.

Stop throwing a shitfit because someone disagrees with your forced topic
>>
>>159593661
rook does good against people with counters.

rook does not do good with people who have long range capabilities and mobility.

maybe this is part of having a varied champion line up with different strengths and weaknesses? Maybe the game shoudln't be centered around 2's fags?
>>
>>159594245
L I T E R A L L Y no one brought up 2s in this argument

"Counters" describe the majority of characters in this game. Even those that don't directly say "counter", like Bakko's shield, are obviously counters, so you've introduced a champion that removes solid counterplay from over half the roster.

In the same way that you bitched about "2's fags", if you're up against an Ashka, your job as Rook is to blow their outs, or have someone else do it while you punish. This doesn't magically make his M2 balanced or him balanced, it just means you're not playing a 1v1 game, so trying to directly compare what he excels against vs what he doesn't is irrelevant.

Especially given the fact that a draft is very unlikely to be introduced into the game, giving characters abilities that fuck a majority of the roster is not some good thing that encourages diversity, it actively discourages it.
>>
maybe bloodline champions was an awful fucking game, and we just have nostalgia for it
>>
>>159597173
I played it for quite a bit ever since Brite entered alpha and can say that it isnt nostalgia, the game simply is better. There are some things people will disagree with, like movement being more or less fluent in Brite (to me it feels sluggish and just overall slow as hell, mushy or whatever the proper term would be) but even the things that arent subjective like amount of features or unique character designs etc should tell you enough.
>>
>>159597173
having played both I definitely prefer battlerite, but only in 3s. 2s is awful.
>>
File: 1406875086142.gif (705KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1406875086142.gif
705KB, 500x500px
>>159598171
I like 3s, but I play solo 95% of the time. If I go into ranked 3s, I'm going to be up against a trio who had the advantage of picking their comp and using voice chat more often than not, while my team will be whatever MM decided to cobble together.

So I mostly play ranked 2s when alone, because it's less likely I'm going to get fucked by a MM system that doesn't really care about the quality of games.

If I had a team I'd play 3s, but it feels like the barrier to entry is a lot higher there, alongside the fact that standard is an absolute mess and not a real alternative.
>>
>>159597173
gameplay wise BLC was a lot faster, much higher skill cap, felt smoother

I guess the whole game was too hard for casuals argument isn't the reason BLC didn't succeed since that's the main factor they really changed between games
>>
>>159598171
>I definitely prefer battlerite
And now please explain why. I'd really like to hear your reasoning since I wanna understand the mind of a Battlerite defender.
>>
>>159598775
Because I like it more. I like the way it looks, and the abilities and movement are much more fun to use. My only problem is how many counters the game has, every other fucking character has a counter and the healers can 1v1 as well as some non-healers can
>>
>>159599012
>Because I like it more
Jesus Christ

>the abilities [...] are much more fun to use
What is that even supposed to mean? 90% of the abilities are copy pasted. How are they more "fun" to use when its nothing but point and click, like it was in BLC?
>>
File: 1334361627746.jpg (19KB, 424x301px) Image search: [Google]
1334361627746.jpg
19KB, 424x301px
>Jumong can Black Arrow-dash out of Varesh's counter-riposte
And I thought I couldn't hate Jumong any more than I did.
>>
>>159600935
anyone can dodge varesh counter
just stay near wall
>>
oh no! not the archive!
>>
>>159604359
let it die, shit deserves it

even the guy clamoring that the general is shit because we don't discuss things stopped responding when he didn't like having different opinions than everyone else
>>
>>159604579
...is gone*

fuck
>>
>>159604696
>everyone who disagrees with me is one person
>>
>>159604579
no I'm still here, I just find it ironic how much crocodile tears you guys have when you actually are apathetic towards the game
>>
3 more days lads
and there will be a reason to buy chests again
fuck yes
>>
>>159606404
3 more days
and seeker will be nerfed to old rook level
>>
>>159606532
lmao, are they again balancing for 2s
>>
File: 1404753877530.gif (3MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1404753877530.gif
3MB, 540x304px
>>159606130
There was literally one guy who typed exactly the same and defended the exact topic he brought up

I'm pretty sure even he'd agree it was entirely him that disagreed

>>159606282
>constant disappointment towards the dev team's decision making over thousands of games since alpha
>multiple attempts to discuss it with them via DMs and public channels
>expected to have the same bright eyed excitement and optimism towards the game when every metric and form of feedback has been bleak

Not even you believe that
>>
>>159606686
sorry, but how do you think any group of people who enjoys non-mainstream video games feel?

any other community would laugh at what think is apocalytpic woes
>>
>>159606404
>>159606532
You people will be slightly disappointed
>>
>>159606818
plenty of niche titles and genres have responsive devs and maintain a reasonable progression from release onward, Darkest Dungeon is an excellent example of this. shit even Crypt of the Necrodancer put out solid content from their first playable version every week or so until it was final, and a rhythm based dungeon crawler is about as non-mainstream as it gets

i'm not sure why some people are falling over themselves to defend SLS when their track record is pretty miserable
>>
>>159607126
most niches have no devs. How do you think Quake fans feel that the next quake game is going to have overwatch like abilities?
It doesn't matter how shit the devs are, lots of communities (especially arena shooter ones) have been treated like shit or completely ignored, and moved on.

Fuck, we don't even have our own memes besides space nigger and rely?
>>
>>159607303
*moved forward

they still play the game they love. This community simply does not have the same dedication of any other niche game community I've ever seen
>>
I don't want to play this game when my teammate is always some retard noob playing RuhKaan/Jumong, and the other team is a stack using a competitive champion lineup and using VoiP

How this oversight even managed to occur is beyond me
>>
File: peavsta.jpg (512KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
peavsta.jpg
512KB, 1000x800px
>>
>why does SLS have autism?

Because they don't have passion or love for the game they're creating. There I just summed up the last 1000 posts
>>
>>159610767
It's a mess because
1. It's EA
2. They don't have a publisher kicking them in the balls
>>
>>159611206
>1. It's EA
ITS JUST A BETA THEY GONNA FIX IT
IT JUST RELEASE THEY GONNA FIX IT
IT JUST GOT PATCHED I DONT WANT TO PLAY ALONE
>>
>>159544026
You're very right on all of this. I started in Grade 9 after placements and climbed up to about 3400 now, and because I've played through my placements, every game at this point is a battle to gain +0 but if I lose, I tank 40. And I'm sporting above a 70% winrate.

I still find this game very fun, but wow, its ranked system is the most discouraging thing I've ever thrown myself against.

I also only play 3v3s. Good god fuck 2v2s.
>>
>>159613485
>if i don't have a valid argument i'll use the shitty memes
kill yourself
>>
>>159614119
Isnt the exactly what you did? Justifying failure upon failure by saying that its just EA?
>>
File: eaea.jpg (30KB, 574x120px) Image search: [Google]
eaea.jpg
30KB, 574x120px
>>159614229
>justifying
i explained why the game is missing core features and devs are slow and disoriented
>>
>>159609192
not sure
>>
File: poloma3.jpg (659KB, 1147x1250px) Image search: [Google]
poloma3.jpg
659KB, 1147x1250px
>>
Solo que is suffering
>>
File: qasd.jpg (37KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
qasd.jpg
37KB, 852x480px
>>159619027
>can't even force myself to do daily quests
>>
>>159619360
>>159619027
good thing that Titanfall 2 came out
>>
Why do I keep getting matched with people trying to play Varesh in ranked REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>159619917
Okay this Varesh was actually legit LOL
>>
>>159607303
space nigger isn't even a meme and it's no going to catch on you guys are as annoying as the anons that tried to push thunder mommy and cumming on taya's head.
>>
i want a game like this but instead of set abilties i want guild wars' ability system
>>
File: 1464963740814.png (192KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1464963740814.png
192KB, 500x377px
>tfw you want to buy this game then read through this general and now you dont
>>
>>159625916
all this things only apply only if you played 100+ hours
do it
>>
File: 1470813020703.png (374KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470813020703.png
374KB, 800x800px
>>159607435
>This community simply does not have the same dedication of any other niche game community I've ever seen

Based on what, exactly? I have 4,000 games played over three different accounts since alpha. Multiple discords have spawned, including an inhouse league designed to facilitate competition between "top" players. There are a group of players willing to help balance the game and play for hours on end for free to help it grow. The game's core has put a lot of time and work into the game.

What metric, exactly, are you looking for? More shitposts in this general?
>>
>>159543108
Literally a warhammer fantasy ogre
>>
File: 1474558257_Джейдpsd.jpg (305KB, 894x836px) Image search: [Google]
1474558257_Джейдpsd.jpg
305KB, 894x836px
>>
>>159625916
you still should. i've only started to have problems with the direction and state of the game after 250+ hours. and despite that i still think the game is more fun than most other games, just not as fun as it could be.
>>
>>159625916
People bitch about games because they love games. As negative as people can be, they still ultimately want the game to succeed. If players are around, that's all the more incentive to make it better. I bought the game only a couple weeks ago, and I wouldn't take it back.
>>
File: 1478499935198.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1478499935198.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>he attacks me for playing rook, saying he's OP
>Mains lucoe
>>
File: xGc1HYp0GOA-600x940.jpg (49KB, 600x940px) Image search: [Google]
xGc1HYp0GOA-600x940.jpg
49KB, 600x940px
>>159625916

It's not like Battlerie is low quality and not fun, It's fucking awesome and worth the initial investment to play it in early access. I guarantee that you'll enjoy it, I've yet to see one person who's tried it (regardless of their gaming background) say that it's not fun. Most of the dissent in this general comes from players comparing the game to BLC.
>>
> comparing BR to dota and league

Counterstrike is the true analogue to this game. Short rounds, extremely repetitive, little to no progression between rounds, maps don't change the game too much, once you die you can only spectate, etc.

Of course the controls and whatnot are different, but the "experience" and structure of a typical playing session is largely the same.

However, CS is much more alive than this game. If we want to find the reasons BR is not doing too well, we have to look at CS, not dota and league.

So what is CS doing to get players addicted that BR doesn't? Some obvious ones :
1. Critical mass of players so no queue time problems
2. Valvedrones

What else?
>>
>>159637070
RNG crates that have actual "value"
>>
File: battlerite.jpg (103KB, 1050x548px) Image search: [Google]
battlerite.jpg
103KB, 1050x548px
Seriously.
How does this happen?
>>
>>159640036
tons of people play a few hours and then quit and will come back for another few hours after patches what do you mean
>>
Thorn when? Metal Warden when? there arent enough cancerous tank heroes in this game
>>
>>159637070
CS has been established and popular for nearly 20 years (for a variety of reasons) so it already has a massive playerbase to draw from, and even as we speak there's still 30k people playing 1.6 and CS:S

but besides that the draw of CS is that it's extremely simple. there's no functional difference between the weapons, there aren't any advanced techniques to learn, everyone essentially has the same "moveset". you aim, click, and people die. no need to learn how to lead your rockets or grenades, you don't need to learn bunnyhopping (shame), you don't need to be experienced with several classes, etc.

it should be obvious how battlerite is way different from CS mechanically and conceptually, and why it would never be able to attract people in the same way. despite this i think CS is a boring as fuck esport for.. exactly the same reasons that make it a popular one.
>>
>>159637070
Battlerite is to BLC what League is to Dota, a watered down game pandering to weaboos and casuals.
>>
>>159643464

And league is more successful than dota, so what point are you trying to make?

>>159642904

No, it's not obvious at all. Why are people fine playing the same 2 minute round over and over for hundreds of hours in CS, but when it's BR, "it gets boring", "there is no progression". Almost all of the reasons people have put forward to justify BR not being successful are things that should also result in CS failing. Yet it does not.

I don't buy your point of CS being easy to get into. When you suck at CS you die fast and you spend most of the time spectating; it's a lot less fun than BR if you are new.

>>159637930

What causes CS crates to have value and BR's not to?
>>
>>159645541
>And league is more successful than dota
Stunlock values more quantity of players over quality of game, that's my point.
>>
Talk to me about Taya battlerites
>>
>>159646195

From a business point of view, quantity of players is nearly a direct measurement of game quality. Most other measurements are subjective.
>>
>>159646323
1. knockback
maybe haste, if you playing 3v3
2. crosscut or vortex
i prefer crosscut, easier to secure orb
3. breeze all day
4. inspiration, maybe damage
energy>dmg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hasteshit
5. who cares
>>
>>159646825
If you aren't playing 3v3 you aren't playing the game. Post discarded.
>>
>>159645541
>What causes CS crates to have value and BR's not to?
okay well this shows that you misunderstand completely. why do you THINK CS crates have more value? it's literally because more people play the game, you can sell the contents of crates for cash, and there's far more variety and prestige involved in owning an unusual stat-tracker texture-changing whatever skin for an AWP.

>"Why are people fine playing [CS, but not BR]?"
because for the most part it's two different audiences. what you're essentially asking is "why do FPS players prefer FPS games over top down arena games?" there is no real answer to that question because it comes down to a person's subjective preferences rather than anything objective you can point to like round times or complexity. we come into BR expecting deep mechanics and interesting interactions between abilities on any or all champions, and we don't get that. CS players go into CS expecting that they can shoot guns and throw smoke grenades, and that's exactly what they get.

>I don't buy your point of CS being easy to get into
then you're not thinking about it hard enough. like i said, all you do in CS is move, aim, shoot. that's literally all you have to do in order to start playing it, and because there are so many people playing CS, you're likely to be matched with people very close in skill to you.

BR on the other hand isn't nearly as simple. you have to move, aim, and then you have 9 different "moves" that all act differently and perform different functions, and you have no idea how they work in practice until you're in a game trying them out. rather than a simple "this enemy is moving, so i need to shoot them" CS thought process, in BR you need to consider what your abilities do, which one should i be using in this situation, what abilities do i think the enemy is going to use, what do any of the abilities fucking DO?, how should i react? if you think that's as easy as CS for a beginner to pick up, you don't understand.
>>
>>159647189
I almost exclusively play 2v2 come at me
>>
>>159647730
Why do you hate yourself so much
>>
>>159648132
Great question
>>
File: 1478547105146.jpg (2MB, 3832x2080px) Image search: [Google]
1478547105146.jpg
2MB, 3832x2080px
What do you guys expect for legendary skins in this game?
>>
>>159652137
old astro skin
>>
>>159652137
what's up with them giving her blonde hair.

Anyway I don't expect much, what we have so far isn't that great (and i feel the same way about blizzard skins). I'll expect more once they open up BR to the steam work shop, if they take the approach valve did to getting artist to make sets for dota then we'll never run out of great skins.
>>
File: 343111.jpg (140KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
343111.jpg
140KB, 750x1000px
>>159652137
>>
>>159652137
BLC skins. Samurai inspired armour for Iva and shit like that. Superior baggy pants for Lucie.
>>
holy fuck klerny is so stupid it amazes me that people like him or daniel can be among the top players and yet be completely retarded
>>
>>159654415
Daniel is autistic

pls no bully
>>
>>159653958
That would be something. Taking advantage of Steam Workshop to get an almost endless supply of skins/poses/etc. that SLS can sign off on and add to the game would take a lot of the work out of having to maintain cosmetics.
>>
File: teld.jpg (24KB, 148x304px) Image search: [Google]
teld.jpg
24KB, 148x304px
>>159654415
don't forget about Teldo
>>
File: balancegenius.png (10KB, 369x155px) Image search: [Google]
balancegenius.png
10KB, 369x155px
>>159654415
because i'm salty here he is at work

>RK ult is stongest because people need to react or they die!!
wow incredible what was stunlock thinking

>free opening to collapse on someone
HOLY FUCKING SHIT STUNLOCK IS CRAZY!!! THEY GAVE SOMEONE AN ULTI THAT PUTS ENEMIES IN A WEAKER POSITION ARE THEY RETARDED OR WHAT??
>>
File: goinsane4.png (172KB, 289x368px) Image search: [Google]
goinsane4.png
172KB, 289x368px
>>159655308
and as an add-on he complains incessantly about reddit balance ruining the game, but has incredible insights such as this

>my fucking face when
>>
>>159654758

They'd be really fucking stupid to not do that.

They're thinking about it though, I remember a dev mentioning it in passing.

I'm hoping that they'll break the models down and let us pick and choose individual items to put onto our champions.

It'll make people even more eager to spend money on collecting skins/hats just so they can play dress up.
>>
>>159655712
DotA lets you compartmentalize the different pieces of a skin so you can see them all individually and watch them come together. Paladins also breaks down character skins and customization into separate categories (head, body, weapon, voice pack) that you can purchase from individually.

The fact that Battlerite has costume/weapon/end-of-round pose/mount is pretty granular as it is. I'm not sure how you could break it down further and not potentially leave some characters out in the cold.
>>
>>159654758
>>159655712
as much as i approve of the idea, i also think it wouldn't amount to much in the end. do we have enough 3D modellers in the community to make this worthwhile? considering how much money they would make off of it, are they going to find it worth their time? idk

i mean it'll help out with cosmetics a bit and bring some creative types to the game, but i'm not sure it's worth SLS putting that much effort into implementing it for such a small RoI. but i guess that all depends on how much work it would be for them to integrate steam workshop API into their shit
>>
>>159656021
That's what I meant, make it similar to dota.
>>
>>159656428
>do we have enough 3D modellers in the community to make this worthwhile?

Valve did the work for them already building up workshop artist with TF2 and Dota.

Plus they can always set up contests and promotional events with polycount and other artist communities.

A lot of dota's workshop artist barely play the game, they're career artist and are usually too busy working on different projects. So they do't even need to like the game they just need a set of artistic and technical guidelines and the thought of piles of money from their submissions making it into the game.
>>
>>159657354

> So they do't even need to like the game

But they have to know the game has more than 5000 players so that they can expect more than 7$ in revenue for their time.
>>
>>159658083

Once the game goes free to play it'll be more than 5000 people playing daily. You guys are underestimating the release, a lot of people don't want to spend 20 to play a game they're not sure they'll like. But if it's free and they enjoy it they'll play more often and dump a few bucks into it. And BR has pretty large audience already. How many copies have been sold? 200,000? 300,000? the game has a 9/10 rating on steam and similar ratings from other game reviewers and publications. Those players will come back once press picks up again.
>>
>>159659256

> But if it's free and they enjoy it

Yep, they will play, for 2 weeks, and then stop, like the other 290 000 current owners. I want to believe, really, but I just don't.
>>
>>159655308
I dont see why this is the gem you picked. I find the "Shifu is the worst character in the game" one way better.

>>159655569
At least he plays at a high level. He might be retarded and partially biased, but his insights are still more valuable than Coredusk or Kraetyz talking about stuff. However I agree that Klerny has a tendency to overreact when it comes to characters being strong or weak. I still remember him calling Iva one of the strongest 2s chars. Probably lost a match against nyy who is the only Iva player at the upper level. His comments really are hit or miss.
>>
>>159659918
Are they actually more valuable? There are tons of players like him in every game who can't actually explain their thought process at all and if you compare the things they say to how they actually play the things they say don't make any sense.

Being able to analyze and explain something is a skill that many top players in everything lack, and especially in a game like this I really don't think it follows that you need to understand the game to be good at it.
>>
>>159660750
Could you provide an example? Because I think youre underestimating the amount of stuff that you generally have to list to make the argument conclusive. In theory you have to compare the ability to all similar abilities, the skill set the ability is part of to all other skill sets and so on. You cant always explain why something is OP because it would result in 15 page essays for a single ability analysis. So most of the arguments are based on experience. I could for example say that Ivas Concussion Shot is garbage because compared to other EX incaps, like Rooks, old Freyas, Shifus, Lucies Petrify and so on, its one of the very few that isnt only single target, but also robs you of your other CC while being piss easy to react to since it has a really obvious casting animation. Does that make it weak? Not necessarily, but thats only because of the character skillsets. Then I could ask why the Concussion Shot doesnt work with the Tazer Jump, when all of Lucies Fear Battlerites work with Petrify. A justified question to be honest, but you'd probably reach the conclusion that its not Concussion Shot that is too weak but all the other stuff that is too strong. However, writing all this shit is just too much so you do most of it in your mind. I agree that people need to be a bit more transparent with why they want shit nerfed or buffed, though.

Sometimes the comments also are simply based on the fact that a certain ability shouldnt even be in the game to begin with. Like Rooks m2 or Freyas tier 1 Space Battlerite. They are bad from a design standpoint and make no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>159661814
Most people wouldn't get anywhere near that far, they'd just shrug and restate their original position.

Playing on intuition and experience doesn't mean that you have the ability to break it down and understand what's going on analytically, that's a completely different set of skills. Someone who can't analyze and break down the "Why" behind decisions won't ever be able to make good balance decisions or explain the game, and most top players I talk to in most competitive games usually immediately fall back on "It's good" or "It's bad" and will often give advice that completely contradicts their play.
>>
How to save the game, in order :

1. Improve rating system
Right now the system appears so unfair that nobody can really care about it. They don't feel like they have any control over it. Without this, every player is effectively a casual. Separate MMR per-champ is good, or per-mode (2s vs 3s), or both.

2. Rewards for high MMR players only
Now that people have faith in the number, you have to give them a carrot to work for it. Cosmetics with MMR barriers are ideal. Grinders will be able to show the whole world what they have achieved; they will feel rewarded. You can only have competition if you have something to compete FOR.

3. In-game tournaments (usually 3s)
Tournaments force people to play at the same time of the day, creating a reliable burst of population at that hour. They will force people to discover 3s and not settle for 2s "because the queue is faster". Tournaments should reward with exclusive cosmetics.

4. Tournaments should be spectatable
They gotta have some hype around them, and it gives a chance for new players to watch good players and learn some things.

5. Global or channel-based chat system
If you have tournaments, it's best to make it easy for people to find partners. Chat channels are a good vessel for that.
>>
>>159664107
Wait a second, all these features sound familiar. Like I've already see them in some game before :^)
>>
>>159664521
Cute.
>>
>spend a half hour struggling to eject this massive turd that i could feel brewing up all yesterday
>minimal ejection, but the messiest wipe ever took the whole roll, friction makes butt even start to bleed a little
>The second i stand up I feel like i gotta shit real bad again
>refuse to do so out of principle and now i have a headache from being so full of shit

Thoughts on this meta?
>>
File: 1410884810991.jpg (133KB, 840x534px) Image search: [Google]
1410884810991.jpg
133KB, 840x534px
there is literally no point in standard until they actually make some semblance of balancing teams

it's currently a waste of time that's decided by whichever team matchmaking decided to put more new players with less than 10 games on

new players don't learn much from getting shitstomped by people with 500+ games and experienced players gain nothing but frustration by having a game largely decided by SLS's shit system
>>
File: 128323867867.png (30KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
128323867867.png
30KB, 256x256px
>>159670217
i dont care about noobs. fuck noobs. noobs must die. noobs dont know shit about games and yet the devs cater to them. isnt that ridiculous? that i must suffer through a lesser game for the sake of a noob that will never comprehend any game on the level that i do? where is the justice in the world. i will become the justice. i will not rest until i literally murder all noobs
>>
>>159670217
I think they fixed it because I only see high ranked players in my standard games

you have to play a few games before it re-places you
>>
>>159670712
I think they generally broke the MM. Every time I solo queue on my alt who is ~4700 I get thrown into matches against and with g12s. Like, day in day out. Hardly ever do I face g13/14 teams or players. In standard its even worse.
>>
>>159670712
No, it's definitely not fixed, it's still complete trash that throws together whoever it can find

There's been no patch, no hotfix, I'm not sure why you even think this in the first place
>>
>>159670860
I duo'd with another G13 and went against the same G12 duo 7 games in a row. Once they finally quit, we sat in a queue for 10 minutes until it gave up and matched us against a G12 and a G10.

MM is garbage and SLS has made no attempt since fucking release to fix it. They said they'd at least make it so duos aren't going to play against solos, but that's clearly bullshit
>>
File: 1452480400542.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452480400542.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>159670638
I don't give a shit about the new players, it's not their fault they got put into a game outside of experience level
>>
>>159671508
Stfu noob, the right to talk is earned.
>>
File: 1411762760786.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1411762760786.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>159671890
>>
I still believe that the biggest problem from noobs not learning shit in this game is the fact that all the information is being hidden. Like, even the most retarded person would question his decisions if he sees that he has most dmg tanked every single round.
>>
File: billoy.jpg (229KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
billoy.jpg
229KB, 500x500px
>>159672205
>>
File: 1432532250806.jpg (9KB, 200x261px) Image search: [Google]
1432532250806.jpg
9KB, 200x261px
>>159672459
>>
>>159672338
what information is hidden you mouse over your skills and it says what they do and thats all the learning there fucking is
>>
>>159672580
Rune damage, Damage Taken, Self Healing, Energy gained are hidden from the score board. Overall winrates per character and by bracket as well as performance indicators are hidden from the account sheet. If I cant recall what I am doing wrong then I will not improve. But if theres some big fat number that shows that on X i tank 500 and on Y I tank 200 on average, even though both filling the same kind of role and having the same amount of sustain, then I will have an easier time addressing issues I am running into. Right now it just shows Score, which is a worthless figure.
>>
File: fuckyoufuck.jpg (82KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyoufuck.jpg
82KB, 450x600px
>>159672538
>>
File: 1407898933771.jpg (55KB, 457x381px) Image search: [Google]
1407898933771.jpg
55KB, 457x381px
>>159672873
>>
File: 1408825789194.jpg (57KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1408825789194.jpg
57KB, 1024x768px
Hey, super speshul sekrit tester group, is Jumong nerfed on the upcoming patch or are SLS so far up their own asses he's still in his current state?

I'm guessing that given they let Pomp and a myriad of others run free for months that he's untouched, but who the fuck knows.
>>
File: 1264976153408.jpg (147KB, 484x453px) Image search: [Google]
1264976153408.jpg
147KB, 484x453px
>>159673153
>>
Will you people stop memeing all over each other for two seconds? It's embarrassing.
>>
>>159673339
Sikirt Testers are literally creating a google doc with suggested nerfs and buffs right now. Jumong is (probably) being addressed by SLS, not gonna tell you hes getting nerfed or buffed though. Gotta be cryptic.
>>
File: BITCHESLEAVE.jpg (27KB, 450x378px) Image search: [Google]
BITCHESLEAVE.jpg
27KB, 450x378px
>>159674194
>>
>>159674375
man how come these stupid devs always fucking give way to a balance illuminati
>>
>>159676916
They dont, they are ignoring us, which is the exact reason why the balance is so fucking. The only time they pay attention is when we call them literal niggers for doing something. You wouldnt believe the shit we saved the live client from because we veto'ed part of the patch. Some people simply are compiling that doc to push for more power. SLS clearly has no clue how to balance so its better left in the hands of competent players, even though that being subpar at best as well.
>>
>>159677084
Yea OK, I totally believe you, anon rothschild
>>
>>159677235
You want a prime example of SLS' balancing capabilities? Last patch they added a Battlerite to Baako (on turn 1) that as soon as you hit his M2is automatically refresh all his charges. Which means that once he got 3 charges he had a spammable 26dmg ranged attack. Would have preferred for that to make it into the game?
>>
>>159677664
Yea, WHATEVER, more like bakko rockefeller
>>
god how am i the same rank as a jade who doesnt know what freyas q does
>>
>>159682783
1 or both of you play 2v2
>>
>>159678959
Huh?
>>
File: 1414471694855.jpg (38KB, 326x343px) Image search: [Google]
1414471694855.jpg
38KB, 326x343px
>>159684303
>replying to obvious bait

for what purpose
>>
>>159674375
>cryptic

Doubt anyone would know it's you senpai
>>
File: 5571.png (216KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
5571.png
216KB, 640x484px
>Jumong is still in his current state since the patch three fucking weeks ago

SLS is literally brain dead
>>
When you look at a game, a game that you loved and thought you'd love it forever, and go "ugh, I think I've had enough"

that's when the game dies for you. When don't feel like playing the game you thought to be perfect
>>
File: 1404562009385.png (212KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1404562009385.png
212KB, 1080x1080px
>>159696018
I just no longer have the patience to suffer through shitty matchmaking and miserable balance updates anymore

I don't want to spend from now until release hoping the game will turn out okay in the long run, it's not addictive enough nor enjoyable enough to push forward for that long

I don't think the game is bad, and these are problems that I've encountered after thousands of games rather than something that's obvious right off the bat, but it's too much at this point
>>
So is this game dead like BLC yet or do you think it has a steady footing of being shitty enough for bad players to stick around.

I wish blc could hold players, this game isn't even a third of that game.
>>
>>159699104
It's not dead atm but its death is an inevitability.

Shitters still get shit on so they still dont like the game
Hardcores dont like the simpler game design
>>
rook's M2 isn't the problem, it's is bullshit 81 damage combo
>>
>use molten chains as ashka
>shifu ally hits both of them anyway
>>
>>159674375
If nobody plays 3s, how do you know what nerfs/buffs to suggest?
>>
File: laughing.png (635KB, 751x585px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.png
635KB, 751x585px
>kill ruh kaan within the first 15 seconds
>he disconnects
>>
>make shitposts on /b2g/
>people only reply to whining complaints
>>
>>159702313
What combo?
>>
>>159708524
probbably something involving m2, r, and space
>>
>>159704852

>Win first two rounds with a Taya
>She gets blown up early in the third round and immediately disconnects

I just don't understand why people are so fucking autismal
>>
When will they buff my man Varesh
>>
So can you buy streamer mounts now that they're in chest or do you have to get lucky with your rolls?

Already have both so I can't check
>>
>>159710267
they said patch is needed for mounts to be visible.
>>
>>159677084
>>159677664
Game like this can't survive long term without an icefrog
>>
File: ThanksForPoints.png (91KB, 425x359px) Image search: [Google]
ThanksForPoints.png
91KB, 425x359px
>>
>>159715209
>ÄHÄHÄHÄ
>>
File: ashka2.jpg (125KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ashka2.jpg
125KB, 1024x1024px
>>
File: luciee.png (589KB, 842x842px) Image search: [Google]
luciee.png
589KB, 842x842px
>>159715209
>>159715396
>>
File: NiceGlassesBitch.jpg (157KB, 575x1022px) Image search: [Google]
NiceGlassesBitch.jpg
157KB, 575x1022px
>>
File: 1478086444_croakcosplay.jpg (51KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478086444_croakcosplay.jpg
51KB, 539x960px
>>
File: wuttt.jpg (222KB, 894x1023px) Image search: [Google]
wuttt.jpg
222KB, 894x1023px
>>
File: 1440126966198.gif (953KB, 330x300px) Image search: [Google]
1440126966198.gif
953KB, 330x300px
>there is S T I L L no news whatsoever on the upcoming patch

Is SLS incompetent or just lazy?
>>
>>159724604
TOO SOON
>>
A ping system would be nice, voice chat too. A better tutorial as well that explains what hitting shift does
>>
File: 1413750435612.png (62KB, 231x231px) Image search: [Google]
1413750435612.png
62KB, 231x231px
>>159725039
>ping system

The only thing I would use it for is to ping the goddamn orb 100 times per game until my partner woke the fuck up
>>
>>159725039
kill yourself
>>
>>159725039
The core tutorial doesn't go over EX abilities or cancels. This isn't necessarily bad, since you don't want to overload a completely new player with such advanced mechanics.
>>
>>159725132
>>159725110
Pings can have a cool down, or just be something like dota where it has an automated message like "stun now!" Or "retreat!"

I could see a special sound effect when someone says "focus the orb!"

Completely doable and would help out a lot. Voice chat is also a must and you're autistic if you think otherwise

>>159725154
Just have an advanced tutorial that asks the player if they want to play now or do the the second one
>>
>>159725360
go back to pleddit with absolutely idiotic and useless ideas which cater only for casual shitters
>>
>>159725965
You have to cater to casuals sooner or later.
>>
There are ways in which this game is better than BLC :

> Wall interactions
> Better visual range indicators
> Mounts
> Harder to waste time for the 1v2 (or 1v3) player since no healing medalion
> waifus
>>
>>159726676
>waifus

That's a weird way to spell Lucie anon
>>
File: lmaoo.jpg (8KB, 259x95px) Image search: [Google]
lmaoo.jpg
8KB, 259x95px
>>159655308
I showed this post to Joltzie and he said that it's a very good point
>>
File: pomp.jpg (187KB, 842x2000px) Image search: [Google]
pomp.jpg
187KB, 842x2000px
>>159726676
You forgot abilities being properly telegraphed, that is something it does undeniably better. By a lot.

> waifus
pomp a best
alch a best
poloma and lucie a shit
>>
>>159726895
hi doublekmolt
>>
>>159727256
ppl actually consider lucie to be waifu status

shes the most annoying non-appealing character in the game
>>
>>159728231
i know rite

>muh perky eccentric redhead
get that basic shit out of here u fuckin nerd

i bet ur favorite director is wes anderson u fuckin homo
>>
>>159726676
>Wall interactions
the golem had that, it was added to SM in BR big deal
> Better visual range indicators
For casuals
> Mounts
Useless feature that only exists to make money of idiots
> Harder to waste time for the 1v2 (or 1v3) player since no healing medalion
It enabled comebacks with the rez medallion
>waifus
Kill yourself weeb
>>
>played the game religiously when it came out
>can't bring myself to queue up to even clear quests anymore

The only time I play is when my friend is on and we duo ranked. Everything else feels like a waste of time.
>>
>>159727256

>You forgot abilities being properly telegraphed

What do you mean by this? I can't tell where rook is charging until he starts moving (if he's good).
>>
>>159730087

Feels good that bitter dishonest faggots like you are never getting their game back.
>>
>>159726676
>> Harder to waste time for the 1v2 (or 1v3) player since no healing medalion
Yeah, youre right, because in BLC a better player could actually win 1v2s/1v3s, in Battlerite the design is so streamlined and the outplay potential so tiny that its borderline impossible to even do so.
>>
>>159732293
Maybe I'm using the wrong term for it, but I mean that every ability has unique animations and spell effects so you instantly know what they're casting. Like Lucie pulling a big purple dildo out of her ass.
>>
>>159724604
>>159724763
i got a leak on it but i prob shouldn't say it
>>
>>159732425
>dishonest
?????????
>>
File: llewd.jpg (502KB, 768x1023px) Image search: [Google]
llewd.jpg
502KB, 768x1023px
>>159733550
They'll probably gonna change it in release PN anyway, so don't bother
>>
>>159734867
Not him but I can tell you that the tester notes have never been different from the shit that actually ended up going live.
>>
>>159730054

2nd least appealing.

Pearl is actually anti cute.
>>
>>159736012
she could have been cute if they hadn't gone with the shitty sassy loli meme
>>
File: i am so fucking bad.jpg (183KB, 608x960px) Image search: [Google]
i am so fucking bad.jpg
183KB, 608x960px
i am complete fucking trash at this game but im trying to get every hero to level 10

what do

pic relate
>>
>>159738845
i only ask cos i already got all the chests i can get from leveling up
>>
>>159738958
>>159738845
what kind of advice do you need?
>>
>>159738845
>playing the game for mindless grinding and cosmetics instead of to improve

You're gonna learn a lot more by playing a single champ to death with a cursory knowledge of everyone else's abilities than mindlessly grinding someone up and then swapping

You'll learn everything eventually, just pick someone and figure out their mechanics in depth
>>
>>159739567
nah this game isn't nearly that complicated
>>
File: like literally 1 hero or wat.jpg (350KB, 1746x850px) Image search: [Google]
like literally 1 hero or wat.jpg
350KB, 1746x850px
>>159739328
i dunno desu... maybe i should listen to the guy under u
>>159739567
i used to b good.. sort of.. not complete shit... before the JuRu patch at least... but fuck dat rook change desu

so wat jsut learn a single hero rly well huh.. guess i could do that.
>>
>>159739979
oh yeah i started going down when i decided to learn all the heroes so maybne ur right actually
>>
>>159740118
>>159739979
maybe stop drinking while you play
>>
>>159740330
wtf??
>>
>>159739567
I'm spreading myself out and trying to level everyone equally, not merely grinding one character to 10 and moving on to the next.
>>
>>159746015
it's fine, just don't do this in ranked
>>
>>159739567
if you can only manage playing 1 character youre prob retarded
>>
>>159749038
Coming from someone who is what? g12? The best way to get anywhere in this type of game is by spamming ONE character so everything you do with him becomes muscle memory. As soon as thats the case you can pay way more attention to the other shit that is going on, work on your orb control, react quicker, read animations based on a 0.1sec start up frame and so on. You also learn a lot about how to play them, how to punish them and therefore understand the basics in-case you ever want to play them yourself. Constantly switching characters will just result in your never paying attention to anything but your own character because you have to spend too much time concentrating on the buttons you press and the situations when to press them. But do as you please, sure as hell wont make you improve at a reasonable pace.
>>
>>159749920
yea thats great and all except the game is about 6 abilities i think you can manage more than 1 character.
>Constantly switching characters will just result in your never paying attention to anything but your own character because you have to spend too much time concentrating on the buttons you press and the situations when to press them. .
like no really are you schizophrenic or something this game is not that complex
>>
File: 1455511162659.gif (2MB, 233x174px) Image search: [Google]
1455511162659.gif
2MB, 233x174px
If BLC is so good, why aren't you playing it?
>>
>>159750073

While he's right, since I'm not a sperg, I prefer the fun of variety at the cost of 100 autism-points.

Scrub master race.
>>
>>159750247
If BR is so good why arent you playing it
>>
>>159750073
Its not about complexity you fucking monkey. Its about muscle memory. As soon as you do shit subconsciously you can focus more on the stuff that is happening around you.

If you spend more time on one character you will have learned to much about the game that playing others becomes a million times easier. However, if all you do switch constantly then you will be more busy concentrating on what buttons to actually press, think about the range of an ability and therefore have less time to focus on other shit like animations, cooldowns, orbs etc. Every time you switch characters you will basically need a bit of time to get used to the "new" character again, which slows down learning all the other shit that happens. You dont need to play a character to know how he is supposed to be played, so theres no reason to even switch unless there is literally no char you do enjoy playing.
>>
>>159750247
I did play it just the other day
>>
>>159750406
>Its about muscle memory
Sorry for not having retard muscle memory then? You muscles be mad stupid if they literally can only handle one character.

For real go download some more muscle ram because you got as much as a quadriplegic
>>
>>159751476
post your profile with timestamp fag
>>
>>159751476
That hurt.
>>
>>159751476
Most pros can't even play 1 character at a tournament level, stop pretending like you can play more than one.
>>
>>159752636
>Most pros can't even play 1 character at a tournament level
Doesn't sound like theyre pros then.
>>
>>159753445
That's kind of the point
Even all the high grade players playing in tournaments so far look like amateurs, nobody is good enough yet to consider playing a range of characters.
>>
>>159754528
Most high-level players in BLC often rotated between a handful of characters. I'm sure that they could play anyone they'd like, but it's a whole lot more efficient to just squeeze as much as possible out of one over being able to play multiples when you can't even draft pick.

And they look like amateurs because the distance between the skill ceiling and floor is really small. You get to top level by not being a moron with positioning and pressure, and then you try to win by optimizing super small factors.

People are good enough. It's just that the skill ceiling is so far down that it's impossible to actually be mechanically impressive. If you actually think that people are just scratching the surface, you're retarded. This is literally BLC without any mechanical depth, and most of the top players that hasn't gotten bored with it has certainly hit the ceiling, or come very, very close.

There isn't any amazing aiming, reactions, or mindgames required at high level, so all you see is decent positioning, which doesn't look very impressive at all.

What would you actually gain from being able to play 8 characters, over just optimizing one or two as far as possible?
>>
>>159755716
People still have zero idea what they're doing in terms of strategy. People still reapeatedly make decisions that actively screw them over in tournament and people will regularly do things like play in a way that gives their opponents' characters optimal setups. Characters and team goals are very different in this game and mechanics had little to do with the skill ceiling even in BLC, it was just slightly more of a contributing factor there.
>>
>>159756129
>People still have zero idea what they're doing in terms of strategy
probably because there isnt much involved.
>>
>>159755716
>Most high-level players in BLC often rotated between a handful of characters.
We could because the game was way more skill based. If you were experienced enough then you could just excel because of basic game knowledge, like how to 1v1 with m1s, bait trances, dodge certain abilities by movement cancelling and so on. This doesnt work in Battlerite because there is so much shit that you simply cant dodge unless you blow an out.

>This is literally BLC without any mechanical depth
Ok, yeah or just say that yourself :^)
>>
>>159756129
>it was just slightly more of a contributing factor there
>slightly more of a contributing factor there
>slightly
Youre completely fucking retarded, thats all I have to say.
>>
>>159524289
Battlerite is in the past.

Bakko's Grave.
>>
>>159757810
Literally made steps backwards. Poetry, gotta say.
>>
>>159757560
Mechanics don't raise the skill ceiling as a rule, they have to actually add options to do that. Most of what you're complaining about losing just artificially widened the grade gap and didn't raise top level play at all above where it would be otherwise.
>>
>>159758058
Youre wrong. Raising the skill ceiling in regards to aim completely changes the meta of the game because you can make virtually anything work if youre good enough with the character. In Battlerite there are some chars that will simply not be viable due to their sheer lack of options when it comes to certain types of pressure. Since you can hardly dodge stuff by moving in this game, the amount of iframes and outs a character has becomes infinitely more important and necessary for it to be remotely viable at top level play.

I still think that Engineer and Iva are some of the best examples. While a cocky Engineer could just space into 2-3 people and evade most of the abilities with a properly time Shrink knockback combined with the hurtbox/model size reduction, Iva has such a gigantic hurtbox/model that the only way you will ever be able to avoid less say a mid range panic is by either using Tractor or jump back with Uturn. There is no "walk left walk right" to evade it, its borderline impossible for a top level Lucie player to miss that CC. Which automatically translates to 3s. If shit like shit suddenly cant miss anymore, then the character can not go offensive anymore, at least not the way he used to do. Youre basically cockblocked to fulfilling a more passive role, unless you wanna tank boatloads of damage that you cant avoid. They changes the character from being somewhat versatile to being locked to a single playstyle, and this has a pretty big impact on the development of the top end meta because its something that applies to a lot of chars in this game.
>>
>>159758901
But you're really complaining about the removal of abilities that add more options, which does reduce depth. The aiming itself doesn't make pro play more complex and a game that relies on people missing regularly to make certain strategies work is just a bad game.
>>
>>159760320
>But you're really complaining about the removal of abilities that add more options
Youre completely fucking retarded. How the hell did Ivas design add depth to Engineer? She has a generic shield, a generic long range nuke, a fixed range space and is fat as fuck. Compare that to Engi who had a unique defensive tool in shrink, an offensive dispel, a space that had modified range and an overall smaller model.

I think youre fucking high for even assuming that any characters skill set in this game adds depth. I cant think of a single one that isnt a dumbed down version of its BLC equivalent but please go ahead and enlighten me. Add more options, fucking laughable. If anything the reworked designs reduced the availability of options entirely because you dont have any, youre forced to a certain playstyle because its impossible for the character to excel in any other way.

I dont have a problem with cock sucking casuals who are currently sitting at g12 or below say that you prefer Battlerite over BLC, but please dont fucking argue depth when youre a bottom feeding piece of shit whos too much of a cripple to ever utilize half the tools the game gives you. You dont even know what depth is, let alone what adds to it or takes away from it. Youre just a shitter unable to perform. In regards to game competitive play your opinion is literally worthless outside of telling the devs what sort of reward you want from ending the season as g12.
>>
>>159760828
I'm trying to make you realize that the depth was in the abilities and what options they gave you, not how hard stuff was to aim. I never said this game is deeper, I said the slower pace and easier aim doesn't make pro play more shallow, it just serves to raise the floor. Please read posts before responding to them.
>>
>>159761202
>I'm trying to make you realize that the depth was in the abilities and what options they gave you, not how hard stuff was to aim.
It was both. If you cannot reliable dodge something then the option to go offensive without iframes suddenly disappears. You rely on an iframe becuase otherwise its too risky. This has not necessarily something to do with the ability design per se, because if Lucie simply had Sleeping Vial then that would be impossible to dodge in BRITE as well. This is all directly connected to the players ability to hit his shit, which obviously is directly connected to the players ability to dodge it without being forced to iframe. All this added depth because it enabled different playstyles, which is impossible in this game because you cant play 50% dodge + 50% abilities, the ratio in this game is closer to something like 10% dodge + 90% abilities.
>>
>>159761736
Not necessarily, since the reward for making someone blow an escape at a bad time is also larger with less mobility and easier to hit abilities.

What all of it really does is make positioning far more important, and increases the need to make smart positioning decisons, since you won't reliably be able to make people miss. You're also forgetting that this is a team game and you this isn't a matter of whether you personally can run into 3 people and avoid being hit or not, but what characters can do within the context of a team.

Upping mechanics just lets players better at that beat people without thinking at all, it doesn't do anything to make the game more complex. The thing that dumbed down Battlerite was the removal of so many options/effects from old abilities and a full normal ability, not slowing down the pace and making things easier to hit.
>>
File: steamsh.jpg (1MB, 1325x2047px) Image search: [Google]
steamsh.jpg
1MB, 1325x2047px
thanks for bumping the thread with your nonsense titshits
>>
>>159763728
game sucks idiot
>>
File: HolyFreya.jpg (150KB, 993x1023px) Image search: [Google]
HolyFreya.jpg
150KB, 993x1023px
>>159764268
Yes, but it has nothing to do with me trying to keep the thread alive
>>
>>159764958
man how do you put that much effort into your logo but still not know how to draw a face or shade
>>
File: frfre.png (402KB, 901x695px) Image search: [Google]
frfre.png
402KB, 901x695px
>>159765363
I'm just posting random shit, calm down
>>
>>159765587
it sucks dude
>>
File: gggoa.png (247KB, 935x854px) Image search: [Google]
gggoa.png
247KB, 935x854px
>>159765703
nothing i can do
>>
>>159765587
What's with that face?
>>
>>159768774
Her beauty is moving
>>
File: PandF.jpg (152KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
PandF.jpg
152KB, 917x871px
>>
>>159770176
Is that supposed to be Pearl?
>>
>>159774403
isn't that obvious?
>>
>>159770176
that's the cutest pearl has ever looked

if only she looked half that good in the actual game
>>
File: 1455298216249.png (41KB, 414x248px) Image search: [Google]
1455298216249.png
41KB, 414x248px
>>159769012
Where is it going?
>>
>>159778947
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWWv6sxQmmU
>>
>>159443198
me too
Thread posts: 548
Thread images: 124

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.