[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rwg/ - Rimworld General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 770
Thread images: 115

File: rimworld.jpg (86KB, 692x484px) Image search: [Google]
rimworld.jpg
86KB, 692x484px
attack of the puppers edition

http://rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: http://ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: http://pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

previous colony >>153952560
>>
nth for 1 on all jobs for all pawns in manual priorities
>>
>>154137830
>using manual
>>
File: Drink motherfucker.jpg (56KB, 639x470px) Image search: [Google]
Drink motherfucker.jpg
56KB, 639x470px
>Make Burning Man colony
>Start stockpiling drugs
>Eventually have a pretty good bit of everything stockpiled
>Force everyone onto a massive bender
>Run out of drugs
>Luciferium withdrawal starts setting in
>Everyone dies
>MFW
>>
>>154138003
dat reverse /kspg/ of 4 years ago
>>
>>154138109
>using mechpleb
ever consider watching a movie instead
>>
>>154138109
landing a vertical rocket on its tailpipe manually is the most fun thing
>>
>trader comes by during toxic fallout
>buy 5 wolves just to unload 100 starving turkeys
okay
>>
>>154138281
>caravan comes in during the middle of winter
>sell them 100 chickens which promptly freeze to death
>haul their corpses back
>>
File: aw ye.gif (622KB, 375x211px) Image search: [Google]
aw ye.gif
622KB, 375x211px
>craft eye patches and ear patches
>harvest eyes and ears for no mood debuff
>make mad money

for maximum keks you can craft surrogate organs and do the same then release the def blind prisoner with shitty organs back into the wild
>>
So I've been putting this off, but two of my colonists are now getting to the point where they more-or-less routinely fight each other after a while because they each hate the other.

How do I reconcile them, if possible?
>>
>>154139810
give each of them a gladius, draft them into the same room, replace the door with a wall, and undraft them
>>
>>154139810
Use zones to make sure all they do for a week is eat, sleep, and talk to each other.
>>
On a scale of 9 to 11, how lethal are bionically enhanced bears with the mod? Just installed it.
>>
How rare is the event to get the AI persona core? I've been fast forwarding for almost an entire year now
>>
gladius or longsword?
>>
>>154140595
You can 1) call for exotic goods traders, they might have it
or
2) enable dev mode and force the psychic ship even to start
>>
Are Slave Traders rare as shit or am I unlucky as fuck?
>>
>>154140729

playing on 14 so I'm pretty boned I guess
>>
What's this medieval mod I keep hearing about? Is it fun?
>>
>>154142120
Force the event to start, then.
>>
>>154140595
What does it do?
>>
>>154144832
Used to build the spaceship, and can be implanted in colonists to cure brain disease.
>>
>>154145616
>can be implanted in colonists to cure brain disease

With a mod or is this now in vanilla?
>>
>>154146225
mod
>>
>Pirates attack
>fend them off
>one survives
>harvest organs for the first time
>going in blind, so didn't know about the mood debuffs
>harvest Lung, kidney, heart
>surgeon goes into psychotic daze for the day after
>throws party while in the daze
whatever helps you get through this, my man
>>
>>154146985
This is why surgeons should be trenchcoat wearing bionic enhanced deus ex psychopaths with too smart and a double flame in medicine.
>>
Well Cassandra on rough was way too easy. Time to start fresh.
>>
>>154147636

All of them are too easy. The only slightly challenging mode is tribals on the harder setting. Once you can set up a decent automated killbox, the game loses all challenge.
>>
is there some way to make high priority cleaning zones

maybe i want to put out fires outside buildings but i dont want to clean certain types of rooms on an equal priority as the dining room and lab..
>>
File: I will murder you slowly.jpg (107KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
I will murder you slowly.jpg
107KB, 500x500px
>Buy game
>Check settings, no borderless fullscreen
>Attempt to use Borderless Gaming application to force it
>Still incapable of doing it
>MFW
>>
>someone works so damn long on making a duster she forgets to eat

what the fuck
>>
>>154148638
it has borderless fullscreen mate
>>
>>154148992

Did you set it as manual prioritization?
>>
>>154148635
Use allowed areas to restrict the researcher to the lab and let him only do cleaning and researching. When the lab gets dirty he'll clean it and then resume research.
>>
>>154149117

Where? Don't see anywhere to configure it.
>>
>>154149314
im not at my pc atm but its either just set it to fullscreen or windowd and put your screens res in resolution
>>
you know what would be cool? Restricting harvest of growing zones by skill level

let the noobs harvest the potatoes but dont fucking touch the healroot, shit
>>
File: 294100_20160907190420_1.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
294100_20160907190420_1.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Fucking turkeys.
>>
>>154149314

You don't configure it, it's borderless by default.

Not only that, but if you purposefully run at a low resolution because your eyes suck like mine, it'll actually upscale that resolution to your desktop resolution with, as far as I can tell, minimal to no blur.
>>
>Start fight
>actual mood increase because it was cathartic
>one of the fighers had a finger ripped off

the fuck that was cathartic
>>
>>154149725
>>154150636

Did that. It just puts it in regular old windowed mode. Da fuq?
>>
>>154151220
is the game resolution the same as your desktop resolution
>>
>>154152109

Whenever I attempt to change it to my resolution, it would just change it back and leave it in windowed mode.

Found a solution though. Just had to set -popupwindow in launch options.
>>
>foggy rain right after a flash storm
Thank you RNG gods.
>>
>>154153843
if there are enough fires it always starts to rain
>>
>>154154316

Does this happen on every difficulty?
>>
>>154154525
on challenge it always does at least, dont know about extreme
>>
>>154154525

I'm pretty sure its a way of keeping the fire spread from causing FPS death.

Need to pull out some molotovs to test and see if they can be use to help summon rain.
>>
Is the rich explorer that much harder than default? It almost seems easier
>>
>>154155412

Depends on whether you get another colonist early on.
>>
File: 132461452164214.jpg (42KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
132461452164214.jpg
42KB, 500x441px
> mfw I haven't been able to beat the game on Default Cassandra Some Challenge

Something retarded always forces me to restart. Maybe this kind of game just isn't for me. I hate investing ridiculous amounts of type, effort and planning only to watch it all crumble down.
>>
>>154155678

How many games have you played?

I felt the same way at first, but then I noticed my bases were actually lasting a little bit longer each time before I finally ended up "winning"

Now shit is easy and I do stupid shit for fun, like train armies of attack squirrels.
>>
>>154155814

> How many games have you played?

About 6 or 7 over the past couple weeks.

The only shit I've noticed with each passing game is crap feels slower, I get shittier and shittier starts and it's increasingly more annoying to have to start over.
>>
>>154155918

Do you have specific events that seem to fuck you over the most, or particular resource shortages that are fucking you?

I seriously underestimated the importance of getting healroot setup immediately for a long time, for example.
>>
Is mountain terrain broken? The map i'm on now has mountain almost all the way around the edges, I don't even see how raids could get to me.
>>
File: 4223.jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4223.jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
Every single meal I make gives my colonists food poisoning, and I can't figure out why. I have a steel cold box for everything edible
>>
>>154156336

Because your kitchen is a disgusting hole. Need to get that shit cleaned up.
>>
>>154156294
there are open areas in mountains that could be bordering the end of the map, if you clear them up raids can spawn there too
you can check with dev mode by turning off fog
>>
File: Frustration.png (549KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Frustration.png
549KB, 1280x720px
>Start game
>Spend first 5 minutes looking for where the game dropped my fucking iron this time

Why the fuck does everything start forbidden. Shit is stupid as fuck.
>>
>>154156060

let's see if I can remember my most recent few restarts... you've probably already read them at some point in this thread because it makes me so fucking angry

- colony easy biome, doing alright but I didn't know how to extinguish fires, killed a boomrat near my base but outside my home area and had no clue why my colonists weren't extinguishing the fire. realized I had to mark it as home area when it was out of control
- desert biome, get all the way to component assembly research, realize I need 30 components to craft the bench, can't find it after two in-game years of mining and I didn't get any more traders ever
- tribe start, realize it's fucking retarded having the game start off behind in research while still sending in guys with firearms at me. got rekt shortly afterwards because my wooden clubs and bows were no match
- another desert colony start, get all the way to component assembly, go hunt an ostrich, hunter hits an elephant besides it instead, whole map goes manhunter and murders my entire colony
- colony start on tropical rainforest, entire colony is food poisoned 24/7, some guy asked for shelter because he was being chased, offer shelter but the game decides to add a second raid on top of that one, one of the enemy raiders was an asshole pumped up on one of those enhancing drugs with a pump shotgun, he just walked up to my dudes behind sandbags and shot their faces off
>>
Hi folks. >>154046437 here. The good news is that I've realized that selling below normal quality and other throwaway clothing is quite lucrative, and have managed to get every piece of silver my traders have. The bad news is that there was a grand total of one trader since my last post.

This is ridiculous. Why the fuck are traders so rare.
>>
>>154156773

Did you piss off some of the friendly factions by attacking them (or having some of them die when you get raided and they decide to "help"?)

If you piss off the two friendly factions at the start, trading becomes super rare and you basically have to call in the Orbital Traders
>>
>>154156773

I haven't done it myself but there's a structure you can build called Comms Bench. You can make one of your colonists call in a trade caravan for 600 silver.

I've never actually done it myself so I don't know how it works exactly. I think you need an Orbital Beacon as well.
>>
>>154156401
not him but my kitchen is a disgusting hole with blood everywhere because of butchery and they've never had poisoning
my cook is skill 10 though so maybe that has something to do with it
>>
>>154156625
melee can work if you funnel them through a chokepoint and make sure there are obstacles just before they enter so they cant peak and shoot you and are forced to enter the room with your melee duders
the medieval mod can work vs guns because of that

>>154156773
if you are on alpha 15 just call them with the comms console for 600 silver, if not you can mod your save file to up their rate
>>
>>154157030

Is your stove and the butchery table literally right next to each other though, or just in the same room.

Stove, storage, and dining area's proximity to filth make most of the difference.
>>
>>154157152

not that guy or the other who replied, but I always build my kitchen right next to my butchery

I never had any problems until my last game where I 1) embarked on a tropical rainforest 2) I don't have anyone with cooking skill so my highest cook is like 2. This game everyone had food poisoning 24/7 so I'll either attribute it to cook skill or food source.

Just like sometimes you fail construction? Well sometimes your cooking has a hidden fail where it will poison the eater.
>>
>lose all but one colonist
>6 gunshot wounds, in shock
>he gets up after a few hours
>bleeding loss like crazy
>try to heal self
>cant

The fuck you cant patch yourself up well gg this world fucking dumb colonist dont know how to put on a bandaid
>>
>>154157561
nigga its kinda hard to bandage your own spleen
>>
>>154156962
>>154157052

Great, so I can call a trading caravan, using up the vast majority of my saved-up silver, so I have a small chance of getting a caravan carrying gold and making maybe 60 silver back max.

I appreciate the advice
>>
>>154158031

Better pray to the RNG god.

I've personally never seen a trade caravan with less than 1000 silver.

I think you don't even have to call a caravan. The trade happens instantly with the orbital trader.
>>
>first game of rich explorer
>2 escape pods in my first 3 days

thanks randy
>>
how do i properly deal with infestations

every solution i can find seems to involve destroying everything in the infested room along with the hive with fire or shooting up the surrounding area with turrets reinstalled in the hallways
>>
>how do i properly deal with infestations

Destroy it with fire or put turrets inside of hallways
>>
>>154158440
make your walls out of memebrasures
>>
>>154158548
so i gotta write off anything valuable in the affected room?
>>
>>154158985
>memebrasures

if we're all gonna make killboxes and bait raiders into them might as well put up embrasures even if it confuses the AI even more
>>
File: comfy.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>tfw you finally start your nuclear power plant and can turn everything on
>>
File: grow up.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
grow up.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>154158440
>not using commieblocks to create open firing lines up and down your base
>>
>>154159468
>using mods to cheat the game
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (402KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
402KB, 1920x1040px
poor bugs, spawned in the wrong power plant
>>
Just got my first psychic ship, Only have some nades, emps, and a LMG.

Current plan is to surround with turrets and sandbags, but my main builder is starting to get pissy. I have Beer, Flake, and Go-juice, what substance would be the best for a decent mood buff that doesn't fuck me over too hard in the short and long term?
>>
>>154160737
how do you prevent peons from using others' bedrooms as hallways?
>>
>>154162032
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16098.0

Do not disturb mod. But the bedrooms are on the ass end of the base anyway, so pawns aren't going to be up there for much of any reason in the first place except to sleep, and they'll just go straight to their own bedroom for that.
>>
>>154161153
alcohol for pain combined with go juice
>>
File: 1461999513402.png (14KB, 633x524px) Image search: [Google]
1461999513402.png
14KB, 633x524px
This game TRIGGERS ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE im so fucking bad at it that its basically over the second im attacked the first time by raiders
>>
and so i start making my army
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (44KB, 625x429px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
44KB, 625x429px
>>154169439
>>
does anyone else find it sad to lock an exclusive researcher away in the lab forever and ever secluded from everyone else doing their thing?

I like to assign researchers at least one other job around the colony even if it hamstrings research speed, or maybe have two researchers take shifts
>>
The problem with "it should be part of vanilla" is that not 100% of RimWorld players use mods. However, 100% of RimWorld players play RimWorld, the actual game. If Tynan was to work the next few weeks/months implementing CCL's features as part of the core game he would make 0 progress fixing bugs, adding features he wants to and expanding RimWorld as an actual game.

There's a reason CCL is fan-made. RimWorld is very successful but ultimately made by a small studio and I think some people forget that. Any development time taken away from research and implementation of content just stagnates the game on a commercial level at its current iteration.
why are so many people fucking sucking the dick of devs or really anyone in establishment nowadays christ
>>
>>154169718
two researchers CAN have shifts, it's called night owl
>>
File: rimworld.jpg (198KB, 1280x994px) Image search: [Google]
rimworld.jpg
198KB, 1280x994px
Tundra's p comfy.
>>
What's the best way to manage Power? I'm using a Wind turbine and a few solar panels whit a separate line fuel generator handling the coolers and My brewery temperature control but i hate having to switch out the work benches every night in Order to have the lights on. Also My batteries have 50% efficency, is there a reason behind that?
>>
>>154134218
Yes. If your base is the only dug open area with overhead mountains on the map, you know infestations will always appear inside it. So they're always close and in accessible areas. Depending on where exactly they appear, you can either snipe them or wall them off and burn them.
>>
>>154147879
So don't set up automatic killboxes. They're lame AF.
>>
>>154172425
I just build fuckmassive solar energy farms with turbines interspersed and enough batteries to get through 24 hours with everything on.

Fuck switches.

Admittedly the shorts actually comment on how fuckmassive the load is when they erase everything within 3 tiles of the short that isn't a stone wall or otherwise tanky as shit.
>>
>>154154316
>>154155053
I think they only added that bullshit in alpha 15.

I had a huge wildfire in alpha 14 that burned the entire map outside my colony. No FPS lag.
>>
>boomalope manhunter pack
>set up defenders
>boomalopes split into 2 groups of 30+
>the simultaneous explosions in one group instantly erase most of the boomalopes in that group
>not even bodies remain
>foggy rain starts up as soon as the last shot is fired
neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqWZqQXk_Ao
>>
how good are the advanced prosthetics of EPOE ?
with the cost of the upgrade in mind i expect them to be 2x as good
>>
>>154172425
nigga just build moar power plants so you dont have to micromanage that shit

Use wind+solar power from day 1 and later on supplant it with geothermal and/or ship reactors.
Connect everything to the same power grid.
Run your power conduits inside stone walls. Have multiple routes for critical connections.
Never keep more than few kWd of power stored in the grid.
Have fully charged and uninstalled backup batteries ready for all sorts of catastrophes.
Turn off your ground scanner once you've plan designated all the deep ore deposits.
If you use turrets, keep them grouped behind a switch so you can toggle them as necessary.
>>
File: Mystery Box.jpg (238KB, 1063x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery Box.jpg
238KB, 1063x1165px
>>
>>154176462
holy shit my biggest so far was 19x15 and fucked me up good
>>
>>154176462
open it
>>
>>154176559
Are mystery box innards generated with the map or when you open them?

ie. do they scale with difficulty only or that plus colony wealth?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (422KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
422KB, 1920x1040px
is this normal or have the mods i am using broken their AI ?
big raids like tribals will also start getting stuck on the entrance to the killbox and will attack the granite rock mountain walls which in turns causes fps lag
i am not complaining, makes dealing with them way easier, just wondering if its mods or is the ai this buggy in this case
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (444KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
444KB, 1920x1040px
1 sleeping alpha beaver > 40 manhunter wild boars
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (470KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
470KB, 1920x1040px
wild boars confirmed spartans
>>
>>154177138
i think its random
i had the big one on a basebuilder map and on rough i usually get only 4x10 and shit like that mostly without centipeds
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (494KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
494KB, 1920x1040px
the wild boars are doing it, taking out a combat supplier caravan in this chokepoint
>>
>>154177913
Now throw a Molotov in there and post results.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (408KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
408KB, 1920x1040px
sparkles has to clean up
>>
File: base rimworld.jpg (233KB, 1768x950px) Image search: [Google]
base rimworld.jpg
233KB, 1768x950px
Rate my base.

I'm mad you can't have more animal zones than 5.
>>
>>154178476
>nuclearfallout/10
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (576KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
576KB, 1920x1040px
right clicking where the boars made their last stand was a mistake
>>
>>154178476
I like it very much just for the fact that it doesn't have any boring OP killboxes.

That geothermal generator in the middle of a road is ugly though, redesign the area around it.
>>
>>154178609
Yeah I am about to redesing kitchen/eating area So I will surround that block with trees or something.
>>
File: meat.png (81KB, 514x118px) Image search: [Google]
meat.png
81KB, 514x118px
>>
File: asd.png (3MB, 1768x950px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
3MB, 1768x950px
>>154178476
Few tips from me, marked areas that need redoing.

Green: Make it your living area that's walled from each side with roof in case of Toxic fallout, possibly connected to hospital with 5x5 bedrooms, give all your colonists double beds just in case.

Blue: Make that spot your kitchen and food stockpile, possibly move it more to north near your houses and make a long table with chairs somewhere there so your colonists don't have to go retarded lenghts just to get some food and chit chat for relaxation.

Red: make it all around animal sleeping grounds for all of them, Alpacas don't eat eggs and even if they would judging by your Hay supplies I think you're good, just set animal sleeping spots near it and even animals that eat eggs won't touch them since they have hay closer to them.

And a tip, that generator in green area can be used as free heating if it's walled and roofed.
My 2 cents.
>>
>>154179683
Fuck I completly missed that kitchen, my bad.

But stop gathering food, nigga you got enough food for 2 years.
>>
File: 0493_21e1.gif (37KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
0493_21e1.gif
37KB, 500x346px
>>154179683
That was more that I want to know, thanks for help!
No I'm fighting mechanoids. Will post updates later!
>>
>11 manhunter elephants
>kill them all
>each one yields 4 stacks of meat
What the fuck am I going to do with all this meat?
>>
>>154180164
Sell, obviously. Or freeze and save for later.
>>
>>154180394
I don't need pocket change and I already have steady lavish meal production going on. Oh well.
>>
>>154180602
Then why are you asking stupid questions?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (86KB, 481x454px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
86KB, 481x454px
The snappening, coming soon to a colony near you.
You can't kill them all, why even try.
>>
>finish the tutorial
>the one thing the game doesn't teach you is how to turn hunted animals into food
>starve as everyone ends up eating raw meat
Time to look stuff up!

Is each in game day just a day or is it like a whole season of game time?
>>
>>154181409
heck i've seen those fuckers kill bears

that being said you can outrun them and kite them
>>
>>154181878
They were nerfed in a recent patch though
>>
>>154181835
you a stove and a bill to make simple meals to turn raw product into food
1 day is just a day
15 days = 1 season
4 season per year
>>
>>154181835
>utterly incapable of figuring things out on your own
Why... why are you even playing a dwarf fortress clone?
>>
>>154182113
tbf the game did claim to have a "dynamic help system"
>>
>>154181409
New Gumball episode looks great!
>>
>>154156567
>find one tile that has iron on it
>double click it
>unforbid

Voila
>>
>>154173812

Ain't forest fires actually generate rain after a while because of clouds and things, in real life?
>>
>>154182306
just like alberta, right?
>>
>>154182306
>he doesn't know what a cloud is

think composition friendo
>>
So just to be clear, bugs show up in rock rooms with an "overhead mountain" and NOT "rock roof (thin)", right?
>>
>>154182379

Yeah, i remembered that i live in Southern France, that there were at least 7 forest fires the past two month and that there was a perfect blue sky without one cloud for the past 3 months.

Why did i even thought there was a thing between forest fires and rain. I live in France's California, i should have thought better.
>>
Am I missing something, or is hunting utter shit in this game? It's the definition of unnecessary micromanagement.

You need to constantly scan the map for animals and manually tag each one you want to hunt. Really?

Why the fuck can't I just select species to hunt from an animal list and have hunters automatically hunt them as they appear on map?
>>
>>154182961
Colony Manager
>>
>>154182851
yes
>>
>>154182851
No. They can spawn anywhere once your base is connected to a tile that has overhead mountain on it.

I recently got bugs in my dining room which was clearly outside of the mountain.
>>
>have 2 sets of visitors at my colony
>warg manhunter x60
>they walk out side and die 2 tiles from my front door
>a visitor has arrived
>lose 35 rep with a single fucking faction because of the endless massacres
RIP
>>
>no joy bonus for keeping your beers cool
Oh sure have all the warm beers you want, weirdos.
Might even move them to the hottest room i have.
>>
Someone should make a manual control mod

wasd movement
mouse aiming
>>
>>154182913
when you're talking about temperature changes as a result of ash let me try to roughly describe it

there are many types of ash but what we care about are 'fly ash'. ash varies in chemical composition so chemists usually try to list the most prevalent piece in it

wood ash (ash typically left in the pit) is composed of calcium carbonate or calcium oxide. this ash is too heavy to fly normally and obviously won't affect weather this way

but we care about fly ash - which typically has silica (SiO2). Wood has some silica, particularly within the bark. However, SiO2 very prevalent in magma (45-70%, depeneding on type of magma). So in a volcanic eruption a lot more fly ash is produced. So you're comparing a small presence of silica in bark and wood, which is on trees which are not that dense compared to magma, a dense fluid that is 50% silica. so that's why volcanic eruptions change weather, but not fires.

This should also be apparent in how much ash is on the ground after a large fire vs a large eruption. ash has buried people in pompei, and you can also see how much ash was produced from st. helens. on the contrary, even large fires (and i lived through some huge ones near in so cal) might barely produce a thin layer only observable on your car window unless you're basically RIGHT near the fire in which case it can be pretty noticable

cool thing about fly ash is that while not typically a good conductor, it is very good at absorption and the water it absorbs can conduct electrical current and short out electrical lines, so that's always fun having to clean those up before turning off the breaker

as for the wood ash not "usually" flying, it actually flies almost every campfire. it can fly for short distances because a superhot piece of wood heats the air around it which moves upwards and this effect can lift light flakes of wood into flight. some of these have really gone a long way actually but most of them barely go a only go a few yards
>>
>>154182113
If any of us could figure shit out on our own we would be playing dwarf fortress
>>
>>154184529
pure water is not a good conductor
silica isn't either

or humidity would do it, but it needs to be a little more than that, like fog, in which it carries the stuff that is found in water which is a good conductor
>>
>>154185051
Don't project your own shortcomings to everyone ITT.
>>
I-im having trouble defeating raiders, how do i go about not dying very early?
>>
Do you put all your workshops into the same rooms, or do you make different rooms for them? (For example stone room, tailor room, metal room)?
>>
>>154184529

Wow, thanks for the explaination.
>>
>>154185051
I've been playing df since 2008. It's fun to try new things sometimes.

Also, rimworld has better balanced gameplay. DF is pretty much impossible to lose once you figure out the controls
>>
>>154185579
Get used to the cover system and learn to micromanage your draftees to best effect. A decent shooter with the starting survival rifle is usually enough for the early raids, but draft your pistoleer as well. And if you have a decent melee guy in the starting three, might as well keep him on the ready as well.

Use any kind of high-HP walls (ore veins, built stone walls, mountains) and sandbags for cover against enemies with ranged weapons. Prepare a killzone where the incoming enemies have no cover. Shootouts between covered shooters get drawn out and risky, so your best bet is to flank in those cases. And finally, standing out in the open when your enemy is hiding behind cover is a death sentence.
>>
>>154186351
>DF is pretty much impossible to lose once you figure out the controls
So is RW
>>
>>
>>154183552
>get a drop pod
>it's -95C outside, better get to him fast to save him
>he starts leaving
>walks at a snail's pace outside
>while wearing t-shirt and pants
>cue extreme freezing in 10 seconds flat
>I'm never going to get rid of this guy
>>
>>154186653
What if they like it well done?
>>
I'm planning a fort for 60. How many hydroponic tables with taters should I have for each colonist?
>>
>>154187086
Isn't 45 the limit for colonists?
>>
>>154187121
randy has no limit
there are also custom story tellers that have higher/no limits too
>>
>>154187121
>>154187181
There is no "hard" limit for colonists, only a soft limit depending on the storyteller.

And I didn't choose yet the storyteller - I want something sustainable over time, so I might go Chillax Extreme or stuff like that.
>>
So I put the siblings in the same room and have them do work at the same location, but neither attractiveness nor compatibility is increasing. What do? I want them to fuck.
>>
>>154187051
>>
>>154187354
Intelligence is comparative. It's not rare for colonists to decide to start going for a walk in the middle of a wildfire.
>>
>>154187354
>Infection (extreme, untreated)
Make sure to have your best tailor making some thrumbofur parkas to sell.
>>
>>154187408

That one guy who just begin to lay on the ground, watching the sky. Fucking forest burning around him.

"everything is fine"
>>
File: base.png (53KB, 790x790px) Image search: [Google]
base.png
53KB, 790x790px
I'm thinking in something like this. Each small area is 11x11, the larger ones are 23x23.

Thoughts/criticism?
>>
>>154188761
Absolutely awful.
>>
>>154189013
Suggestions on how to improve it, then?
>>
>>154189073
shift+delete.

Learn how roofs work, get an idea of what rooms you actually need and how much space they take.
Basically, play the game before planning shit.
>>
>dinner and rec in separate rooms
>fuckhuge bedrooms
>stockpiling shit in separate rooms
>separating workshop types
>kitchen/freezer in the same room

bedrooms need not be bigger than 2x2 unless you have a greedy motherfucker on your team

every production bench should ideally be in the same room, around the same two toolboxes. Exception of high volume benches like drug labs which should use the stool trick like your cook stove

your main metal/textiles stockpile should be in your workshop, which should be one fuckhuge room, even bigger than the rec room

separate kitchen/freezer. I have a kitchen with a few important stockpiles cooled between 0 and minus 5 and a freezer at minus 20. Your cook will hate you if he's working by minus 20 unless he's a cold lover. Store meals in the freezer, too

learn how roofs work, your shit is gonna collapse as is. Wide and long hallways are your friends if you plan to build under a mountain.
>>
>>154189374
>Learn how roofs work
This isn't detailed. It is only a rough placement. OF COURSE there will be internal walls, do you really think I'll dump 24 beds inside a large room?

>get an idea of what rooms you actually need
I want two barns, so I can avoid chicksplosion;
separated dinner and rec rooms for mood stack;
individual bedrooms, even if small, to avoid the "shared room" malus;
the kitchen should be large enough to be subdivided into ingredients and meals areas;
workshops should go all in the same room, so I can use the same toolboxes, lamps and such;
wood often overflows, so it's best it has its own stockpile;
hospital should go near the entrance, since colonists often get hurt by stupid shit.
>>
>>154189073
You might want to check this out:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/4yysxx/seems_like_were_sharing_layouts_who_else_plays/
>>
>>154189856
What is this, Bad Advice Day? Of course they should be separate, because pawns get happy thoughts from them individually. One room only ever counts as either diner or rec.
>>
File: base.png (49KB, 790x790px) Image search: [Google]
base.png
49KB, 790x790px
>>154189374
>>154189856
Here's how the bedrooms should look like. They're small, but individual and enough for a double bed plus some statues.
>>
can you use ducts to pipe hot air generated from a geothermal generator to distant buildings or is that only for redistheat's modded heaters/coolers
>>
>>154190156
If you try to make a huge duct to funnel hot air it's going to count as huge as fuck room, which will probably not warm up all that much.
>>
>>154189910
I'm checking it out. Thank you.

Research inside the hospital is brilliant - both because of the bonus and because after you got enough colonists to need more beds, odds are you won't do research anymore.

I might swap the stone and textiles areas due to the chunks, fair point.

The bedroom/kitchen/freezer triangle isn't doable here due to the sheer amount of bedrooms. However, the kitchen is near enough them and in a central location, with direct access to the dinner room. (that can be small due to different time tables - I often divide my colonists into "shifts", I could go with only two long tables if I wanted)

I don't like the four squares bedrooms due to the lack of place for statues - I want the "impressive bedroom" bonus.
>>
>>154189856
>I have a kitchen with a few important stockpiles cooled between 0 and minus 5 and a freezer at minus 20
0 is freezing you eggplant. There's no need to ever go past that.
>>
>>154190108
Your stockpile configuration remains retarded beyond comprehension and anyone spending time on those hallways will enjoy the cramped debuff.

Regarding the bedrooms, they are too small to realistically get each one into 60+ impressiveness for buffs, yet bigger than minimum. Inefficient as fuck. And pawns who spend time in their own rooms for rec (praying, meditating, etc) will hate their life.

And that layout is ugly as sin. I guess you don't care about aesthetics, but you should. That's not a good layout for efficiency in any case.
>>
>>154190538
Not him, but seriously?

Set up the freezers to 0 and your food will slowly spoil, since each time a colonist opens the door, the temperature will be positive for some time. And having an even lower temperature is convenient as a buffer for solar flares.
>>
>>154190682
If you don't have an airlock your freezer is bad.
>>
>>154190538
I guess that makes you the rotten eggplant, then. Freezers experience more traffic than any other room. Wooden autodoors are only so fast. They need to be cool to stay below freezing with their doors constantly opening.

>>154190738
Airlocks (and walls as well) still convect temperature. Building airlocks for freezers is a waste of space, resources and most importantly every colonists' time. Just set the temperature to properly, nigga.
>>
>>154189856
Separated bonuses.

>fuckhuge bedrooms
They aren't, see the picture below. Again, the first picture is just a rough placement, not detailed.

>stockpiling shit in separate rooms
I usually try to stockpile stuff near its production. Sometimes it isn't doable (see textiles far from crops and animals), though. Also it looks neater.

>separating workshop types
I'm not. There's a single workshop.

>kitchen/freezer in the same room
I'm planning to subdivide the room into "kitchen proper" (stove, meals) and "freezer" (butcher table, ingredient stockpiles). I didn't do the math yet for the sizes, though. (The kitchen should have space for at least 600 meals - enough for ten days).
With that amount of colonists, odds are I'll have dedicated haulers, so at least one of them will keep bringing stuff from the freezer to priority stockpiles in the kitchen.

>learn how roofs work, your shit is gonna collapse as is.
See >>154189894
>OF COURSE there will be internal walls, do you really think I'll dump 24 beds inside a large room?
>>
>>154190738
Airlocks are a waste of space, and space is more precious than energy.
>>
>>154190936
>>154191032
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25368.0

I've tested it as well, open doors acts like vents and very quickly equalize the temperature in between rooms. If your airlock has the same temperature as the entrance, it's useless but if it's significantly below 'room' temperature, it will let cold air escape when a solar flare hits.
>>
>>154190661
>Your stockpile configuration remains retarded beyond comprehension
Maybe I should put the stockpiles in the other side of the map instead of near the workshop, eh.
(The hospital will have a stockpile for meds and body parts; "stone" is both for chunks and stone bricks; wood stuff gets its own stockpile because it often overflows; textiles and apparels go together and near the killbox because, guess what - crematorium)

>and anyone spending time on those hallways will enjoy the cramped debuff.
I need to playtest it a bit, but if they do, making the hallways 3 wide instead should be easy enough.

>Regarding the bedrooms, they are too small to realistically get each one into 60+ impressiveness for buffs, yet bigger than minimum.
I've found two excellent marble statues are usually enough to do the trick; again, gonna playest it.

Regardless, 3x4 is more than enough to add *AT LEAST* three statues not touching the bed.

>And that layout is ugly as sin. I guess you don't care about aesthetics, but you should. That's not a good layout for efficiency in any case.
I do and this is a fair point; I'm going to solve it by rounding it a bit.
>>
>>154191656
I just put my kitchen in the freezer and randomly wall colonists in so they freeze to death.
>>
>>154191656
I'm not saying it's useless; I'm saying it's a waste of space. Better just set up the coolers to a smaller temperature.
>>
Does anyone know the basechance of orbital tradeships happening in either A13 or A14? I only found the basechance of A12, which was 22 and i think it was a tad bit too high.
>>
>>154191656
I've tested temperature more thoroughly than that.

>open doors acts like vents
This is wrong. Vents transfer temperature slightly faster than hold open doors for some muh gaem balance reason.

Sorry, but airlocks for freezers are beyond useless. An overengineered solution to a non-issue. At best they save you minimal amount of spoil time during a solar flare at the cost of space and colonist time. Wowitsfuckingnothing.jpg.

The only real use for airlocks is outdoors/indoors insulation in extreme temperature biomes.
>>
Do food poisoning chances increase if the meal was made by a low level cook?
>>
>>154192924
i get it all the time and i have a sterile floor kitchen that is always 100% clean + a level 17 cook
>>
After some testing: the bedroom size is a fair point, I had to put two masterwork statues to make it a "little bit impressive". I tried to add 6 bedrooms to each 11x11 because it fit nicely, but I'm changing it based on the test.
>>
>>154188761
Let me just say this: You will abandon that colony long before it's done, or redesign it significantly as you play. Half of the shit on it won't work, especially not for 60 pawns.

Mark my words.
>>
>>154193679
Wait a bit. I'm drawing it in the game with dev tools now, since while some people did give some interesting advice ( >>154189856 for example), some couldn't join two neurons together and assumed this was more than a rough draft, like >>154189374.
>>
File: Congers.jpg (195KB, 963x832px) Image search: [Google]
Congers.jpg
195KB, 963x832px
Who else just loves courtyards?

it's an ass to defend and my niggas are forced to walk through the open during toxic fallouts and heatwaves but I find it comfy because it actually looks like something thrown together after just crashing onto the planet.
Walling the eastern part completely off kills my efficiency whenever I need to mine/haul something east of the base, but it forces all events to approach from the west where my defenses are.
Raids are manageable if I retreat into the building in time and I have some pretty badass melee dudes to jump intruders in close quarters. I get all my pawns high on yayo during hostile events so kiting is easy too.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (442KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
442KB, 1920x1040px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (374KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
374KB, 1920x1040px
well that was dissapointing
>>
>>154195240
They sure have comfy aesthetics. Much better than poor attempts at machine-like efficiency.
>>
>>154195406
Your mods are fucking retarded.
>>
>>154196409
You're fucking fat.
>>
Will fibrous/sensory mechanites stay forever if I dont' treat them?

If you counter the pain effect with painstopper implants, they're fucking amazing buffs.
>>
>>154196409
>misc w mai + robots
>rimsenal
>rimushima
>vegetable garden
if you want pure vanilla its your decision buddy, i am bored of that
>>
File: twitchytwitch.gif (108KB, 451x311px) Image search: [Google]
twitchytwitch.gif
108KB, 451x311px
>two of my 4 colonists now got sleeping sickness
>>
Which map size do you play on?
>>
>>154197475
300*300
>>
File: deadpool failbrain.jpg (91KB, 803x499px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool failbrain.jpg
91KB, 803x499px
>forgot to bionically augment the only prostrophile colonist
>>
>>154197475
The default.
>>
File: tbh mayo.png (168KB, 403x430px) Image search: [Google]
tbh mayo.png
168KB, 403x430px
>>154197475
Maximum.

Just rape my PC senpai.
>>
File: harvesting feels.png (98KB, 672x672px) Image search: [Google]
harvesting feels.png
98KB, 672x672px
>>154197570
>be worker in technologically advanced colony
>really love the idea of strong robotic limbs
>could probably do my job much faster and more efficient with some bionic arms or legs
>sometimes the local psycho tribes attack but i can't fight
>every now and then see some of the soldiers with cool bionic prosthetics after they were injured in combat
>they don't really like them and rather have their fleshy limbs back and i get jealous
>tfw the qt doctor will never make me augmented
>>
>>154197570
Does more augments make them even happier or is it just a case of has bionic vs has not?
I'd give mine more than just a fancy eye but they were in the hospital bed for so very fucking long after that flawless operation.

I gave a guy with a bad back matching robolegs and he was in there less than 5 minutes realtime more or less.
>>
>build a comfy and self-sufficient colony
>abandon it to win the game
Rimworld really needs more victory conditions.
>>
>>154198802
nah its just having it vs not having it
>>
>>154198228
>want cool robotic arm
>have lung removed and get made into kibble instead
>>
Beavers are legitimately scarier than most other events
>>
>>154199929
What? They're completely harmless.
>>
>>154200309
are not
>>
>>154193679
I went to lunch, and ended not drawing it.

Say, what do you think that wouldn't work, considering this layout only shows general placements and not actual room borders like between the bedrooms, or stuff like the pillars inside the crops zone?
>>
>>154197775
Main problem I've found with large maps is distances.

>>154199929
>>154200309
Not scary or harmless... only annoying. You need to send all your colonists to hunt them otherwise they'll deplete the wood.
>>
>>154200346
They're good for hunting and they remove unnecessary trees that could propagate wildfires or be used as cover by enemies.

Explain how they are not a positive event.
>>
>>154199013
I saw in the .xml files that humans have pregnancy time (45 days) and life stages defined; so we can assume kids will be eventually implemented. This brings another victory condition, "continued settlement".
>>
File: _20160908_131414.jpg (13KB, 251x181px) Image search: [Google]
_20160908_131414.jpg
13KB, 251x181px
Is this enough to get through the winter?
>>
>>154200560
Not him, but:
>Explain how they are not a positive event.
Wood depletion. Before you have wood farms, this can be bad.
>>
>>154200660
>food stacking up to 750
Which mod is this from?
>>
>>154200781
That's bullshit. Craft your walls and furniture from stone instead.

You only need a little bit of wood for some workbenches and fast autodoors.
>>
>>154200781
In what way do you play this game that requires you to have a wood farm?
>>
>>154201003
>That's bullshit.
>I don't use wood, so nobody uses wood!

>Craft your walls and furniture from stone instead.
>I'm too dumb to realize different resources have their pros and cons, so I'd craft everything from a single resource.

Wood is cheap albeit flammable. They're depleting said resource. This can be harmful or harmless depending on your playstyle, but only a brainless idiot would say "dis iz pozitive".
>>
>>154200876
>literally editing 2 lines in a .xml
>>
File: 20160908172134_1.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160908172134_1.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
Stenn's been laying in bed for about a week now, after the accident with the turrets.

Doc. Zhora, his fiance, is trying her best to revive him but I don't think it's working...

Is he basically a vegetable at this point?
>>
>>154199929
>always make drafted squads and manually slaughter beavers
>decide this one time it will be different
>mark all of them for hunting, equip ranged weapons on all my fuckers and enable hunting for every colonist
>sit back and watch beaver hunting season ensue
>whole pack of beavers turns manhunter after the first two shots
>draft everybody
>rev up those miniguns
>situation is unsalvageable
>mayday mayday
>everybody is mauled beyond saving
>ragequit

Always hunt them manually. Always.
>>
>>154201382
Sounds like you're just awful at the game mate. Beavers are not even remotely close to being threatening unless they happen at day 0.
>>
>>154200624
>and life stages defined
How would that work? I imagine waiting 8-12 ingame years for the little shit to do ANYTHING would be annoying.
>>
>>154201353
Wood is convenient for cheap "fences"; fast to build and easy to replace. It doesn't work against raiders, but it keeps herbivores/carnivores from eating your crops/animals.

Low-skilled crafters and artists with burning passion are still worth using. They can use wood to "train" before moving on to steel and marble.

If the terrain is plains, stone is less abundant; you'll want to use stone for walls and wood for other stuff.

A wood farm is convenient in all cases above, it's low-maintenance and you don't need to send your colonists half map just to chop wood; however, in the earlier game, it is nowhere critical, so you'll want to have at least _some_ natural wood in the map. The alphabeavers deny said resource if you just ignore them.
>>
>>154201382
lol y u so mad tho?

I already covered the only proper use cases for wood. Stone is far superior.
>abundant byproduct of mountain colony building
>no need to manually designate harvesting
>inflammable
>far sturdier
>marble has higher base beauty&value

Also, beavers will die to starvation before they can eat all the trees across the map unless it's a shitty uniformly forested flat map.
>>
>>154201409
Ah, homemade? Nevermind then.

>>154202019
>Sounds like you're just awful at the game
I'll simply say you do not have sufficient data to claim I'm good or bad at the game.
One easy way to find an idiot is see how much he/she will assume out of nothing.

>mate.
Not your "mate".
>>
>>154202464
The fact that you care so about losing potential wood as a """"""contingency"""""""" material means you're just being neurotic and you don't know the true value of wood in a real, actual game. Pretty good data if you ask me.

Even if beavers don't show up, and even if by some miracle the entire forest doesn't get burned down by the time you might make use (and have time to harvest) massive amounts of wood, by that time you're already well into the late game.
>>
>>154202146
I'm checking the files now.
>Reproduction
One child in 98% of the cases; two in 2% of the cases

>Life stages
Baby: 0-1,2 years old
Toddler: 1,2-4 years old
Child: 4-13 years old
Teen: 13-18 years old

I'd assume the little shits would be useless up to 4, do simple stuff like hauling as a child, and then be normal colonists after 13.
>>
>>154200781
>>154202309
It would take less time for you carry out a kill order on 10 beavers to protect hindered of trees than it would to plant a wood forest that would last you as long as it took to grow. Plus you get a good bit of meat from it.

I like having some tree plots going as well for comfy but these beavers good eatin.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11181458

Well?
>>
>>154202464
this guy is upset mate
>>
>>154202354
Let me guess. You only play in mountainous maps with marble.
>>
>>154202907
>The fact that you care so about losing potential wood as a """"""contingency"""""""" material means you're just being neurotic and you don't know the true value of wood in a real, actual game.
Or it means you don't play in maps where stone is a more valuable resource.

>Even if beavers don't show up, and even if by some miracle the entire forest doesn't get burned down by the time you might make use (and have time to harvest) massive amounts of wood, by that time you're already well into the late game.
Dunno if you noticed, but the above proves my point alphabeavers can be bad in some circumstances, and that'll want to have at least some disponible wood.

>Pretty good data if you ask me.
Sure, I'll ask you. And I'll ask also a dog about potato salad, probably it'll have a more well-thought and less idiotic answer than you.
>>
>>154203025
See the post I was answering to: >>154200560

It implies alphabeavers are a positive event, period. They aren't positive like he said but mixed. At one side you have some free meat, at the other they're wasting the wood.
>>
>>154203656
>too stupid to choose a good embark spot
That's always a good way to show off your intellectual superiority.

jk m8, I also play on awful maps for challenge. I particularly prefer ice sheets where trees cannot grow at all. :^)
>>
>>154204428

Isn't wood fully renewable and not even that useful past midgame?
>>
>call 4 trade caravans
>MANHUNTING PACK OF WARGS

FUCK YOU RANDY
>>
Where do you make weapons in Glitterworld mods?
>>
>>154203251
>two options
Let me guess, you were kicked out of school for being unable to read, right.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11181560
>>
>>154204631
>/rwg/ - autism
>>
File: trolling.png (212KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
trolling.png
212KB, 552x414px
>>154204503
Don't tell me all your games are in the same embarking conditions.

Do you play Chillax Freeplay by any chance?
>>
File: 1305956516695.gif (896KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
1305956516695.gif
896KB, 389x259px
>this guy is so anally devastated over wood/beavers
get over it m8
>>
>>154204565
It is renewable, but it takes a long time to grow; a teak tree takes something like a year and half.
It is somewhat useful in the late game as I explained in >>154202309
>>
>>154204886
>he assumes the emotions of a person by the writing
Don't. While nowhere as stupid as the above, again: you have no sufficient data to affirm anything.

(To be honest, I'm just slightly annoyed by the general idiocy of people here. You either need to explain things detail by detail... or people will "DUUUUUHHH RUF WILL FALL" or "HURRR... ALFABIVER ALWAYS GUD")
>>
>>154204297
>Or it means you don't play in maps where stone is a more valuable resource.
The fact that you don't realize that there are no maps where you'd want to build all your shit from wood tells the whole story mate. You get pretty much all the wood you need for regular stove cooking and such just from chopping down the trees that get in the way of growing zones and building walls. The 5k~ potential wood in an average tree map are not only extremely unlikely to survive sieges/storms, but they do more harm than good.

>the above proves my point alphabeavers can be bad in some circumstances
I figured you suck at the game, but basic logic, too? Potential resources that you have no use for are of no value. If at any point beavers prevented you from building something it means you were building wrong.
>>
>>154204628
Can't make them, have to buy or dev mode
>>
>>154205212
>The fact that you don't realize that there are no maps where you'd want to build all your shit from wood tells the whole story

Quote where I said you'd want to "build all your shit from wood".
>>
>smokeleaf joints stack to 400 instead of 420

COME ON
>>
>>154205783
...I might change the raw files just for that.
>>
>>154205435
The only situation in which losing massive amounts of potential wood is bad is one where you were going to eventually harvest and make use of all that wood. That's a bad idea and a waste of colonist time. The stone chunks that spawn on the floor are enough to build all your walls and furniture.
>>
>>154205965
Answer the question, please. Quote where I said to build everything out of wood. Then I'll answer your post.
>>
>>154202997

> 13 years for a new colonist

Anyone would be off the planet by then. Why even bother?
>>
>>154137601
The next thread needs to be ALFABIVER ALWAYS GUD edition
>>
>>154206167
Now that's some real autism. I didn't claim that you said that, I inferred it from your words, as explained in my previous post. In order to win this argument you have to come up with a scenario that satisfies the condition "beavers are bad" which requires you have to satisfy the condition "losing this potential wood is bad"

I hope you appreciate my detailed explanation just for the sake of appeasing your autism. I don't do it for everyone.
>>
>>154206245
The current time system could very well be a placeholder.

15 day seasons are a little silly, yet a year still feels slower than in DF.
>>
>>154205965
>The only situation in which losing massive amounts of potential wood is bad is one where you were going to eventually harvest and make use of all that wood.
Or that wood begins scarce due to the biome. Or when it has been already depleted by the forest fires yourself mentioned that happen in the early game.

>That's a bad idea and a waste of colonist time. The stone chunks that spawn on the floor are enough to build all your walls and furniture.
If you care about colonist time, why are you systematically ignoring stone takes longer to build with than wood?

>>154206352
http://www.strawpoll.me/11181771
I'm actually laughing a lot with all this.
>>
>>154206693

> The current time system could very well be a placeholder.

I think the whole gestation/birth/maturity times for the different animals should be reworked instead of trying to be super realistic.

That, or start adding actual alien made up animals instead of cows, iguanas and chickens in space.
>>
>>154206682
>I didn't claim that you said that, I inferred it from your words
Confirmed as illiterate.

>>154202309
>If the terrain is plains, stone is less abundant; you'll want to use stone for walls and wood for other stuff.
>YOU'LL WANT TO USE STONE FOR WALLS

But it looks like it's my fault if you're unable to read, eh?

>I hope you appreciate my detailed explanation just for the sake of appeasing your autism. I don't do it for everyone.
I find really cute when an illiterate pawn tries to explain its half-baked dichotomous thinking. It's like when my dog begins to chase its tail... only dumber.
>>
>>154206749
If wood is scarce due to the biome you have an even harder time making the case that beavers are bad, because 1: you should've harvested all that wood in the first day to begin with and 2: you should've been planning to rely on stonecutting before you even embarked and adjusted your wood expectations accordingly.
>>
Is there a way to generate bigger worlds?
>>
>>154207002
>>YOU'LL WANT TO USE STONE FOR WALLS
Anon I know logic is hard, but the fact that you contradict yourself in a later post doesn't change history. You did well to admit that you should be building walls out of stone, but you're still left with the problem of
>satisfy the condition "losing this potential wood is bad"
Which you need to because
> In order to win this argument you have to come up with a scenario that satisfies the condition "beavers are bad"

In a way it would've been better for you not to admit that wood shouldn't be used for walls, because now wood has even less uses and hence less value, and hence beavers are less harmful and winning the argument becomes only harder.
>>
>>154207012
>because 1: you should've harvested all that wood in the first day to begin
False. Barracks, kitchen/freezer and basic electricity are priority. Otherwise you'd end wasting wood for stoves.

>2: you should've been planning to rely on stonecutting before you even embarked and adjusted your wood expectations accordingly.
Under best conditions (a neurotic researcher doing nothing but research), you can only build out of stone after the second or third day, so you will end using at least some wood.

>>154207407
>but the fact that you contradict yourself in a later post doesn't change history
Funny thing! I said to quote me where I said to build "all" the shit out of wood, and you just run away like a little girl. If I contradicted me, you'd be able to quote where I said, but instead you went "duh i is inferring!".
>>
I train and breed alpha beavers. Fuck wood.
>>
>>154207407
Leaving the discussion itself aside for a little bit:

You know your reading skill is that bad, and you can't understand what people write. Even with taunts like "logic is hard", you know you aren't really logical... and that you've been irrationally moved through this whole debate about a stupid thing as "alfabivers gud" because I contradicted your dichotomical view. Why are you even trying?
>>
>>154207831
>He breeds alfabivers to compensate the fact he's an omega
Do you like cuckoldry by any chance?
>>
>>154207942
You seem to be the only one "irrationally moved" here mate, I don't compare people to dogs when I'm not angry.
>>
Guy who originally complained here, my only reply after that was "are too" everything else is some other autistic guys
>>
>>154208060
If by that you mean blowing a load down your old lady's pipe while you're out yeah I like it.
>>
>>154208095
Trying to project your own irrationality? Is it a bit too hard to deal with?

>mate
Calling someone you don't know your "friend" is a tell sign of imbecility...

>I don't compare people to dogs when I'm not angry.
Then you do it when you're angry? Interesting.

I do it even if not angry because it's fun. Comparing both people and things like you to dogs.
>>
>>154207681
>False. Barracks, kitchen/freezer and basic electricity are priority. Otherwise you'd end wasting wood for stoves.
You can't build that with the original 300 wood. If you've played even a single desert map in your entire life, you'd realize you have to start chopping cacti immediately.

>Under best conditions (a neurotic researcher doing nothing but research), you can only build out of stone after the second or third day
You can build out of stone in the first day, before even reaching sleep hours.

>If I contradicted me, you'd be able to quote where I said
To be more specific, you made a claim "beavers are sometimes bad", and while still under burden of proof, have done nothing to back it up. I can't be faulted for trying to guess what your argument would've been, had you made one, and responding accordingly. Given that you value wood so much, it's only reasonable to infer that you think you should be building everything out of it.
>>
>>154208270
>I get riled up and try to provoke people because I'm relaxed and having fun
Has anyone ever found that believable, in your experience?
>>
>>154208296
>You can't build that with the original 300 wood.
And nowhere I implied you can do it with the original 300 wood. I was just saying that you have more stuff to do on the first days than harvesting all the wood from the map, you'll end grabbing just what you need on the first days.

>You can build out of stone in the first day, before even reaching sleep hours.
Grabbing the resources by deconstructing shit and removing floors? Sure. But then it'll depend on the skills of your builder.

In those circumstances (general lack of wood on the map), I found that it's more practical to use the initial wood stacks and chop down some cacti than trying to rush stonecutting.

>To be more specific, you made a claim "beavers are sometimes bad", and while still under burden of proof, have done nothing to back it up.
I did back it up. They're using a resource. The resource in question might be cheap and renewable, but its value is not zero.

>Given that you value wood so much, it's only reasonable to infer that you think you should be building everything out of it.
No, it is not reasonable to infer that a person builds everything out of flammable wool just because the person considers wood as a non-zero value resource. It is a false dichotomy - "either builds everything out of wood or wood is useless".
>>
>>154208397
You should try to deal with the average Canuck a bit more - they do like this passive-aggressive mockery too.
>>
>>154208693
>you have more stuff to do on the first days than harvesting all the wood from the map, you'll end grabbing just what you need on the first days
On what map sizes do you play where harvesting all the cacti takes more than a day? Deserts are desolate af mate, you pretty much have to rush stonecutting if you want to protect yourself from wargs. You can also get like 300%+ research speed if you really try hard to reroll for it, you can complete stonecutting in a day.

I think we're getting sidetracked here, my original point wasn't even that trees are worthless in treemaps, it's that they're so redundant that anyone who considers their loss to be _significant_ is clearly overestimating them. I'm sure that nobody itt truly believes that beavers are always good, but when given a choice between always good or always bad they choose the former. What kind of autism compels you to correct someone that thinks of them as a positive event?
>>
If my colonists can't survive without fresh wood I let them die.
>>
>>154195240
I do! It's just look so comfy. But I have yet to encounter toxic falouts.
>>
>>154201682
I always hunt manualy because it's like minigame for me.

Anone play Stardew Valley here? Update is comming soon, can't wait!
>>
>>154210828
WOO STARDEW VALLEY YEAH!
>>
>>154187281
There is both a hard and soft limit and Randy's hard limit is 50.
>>
>>154210947
you can use the extractor trick to recruit imprisoned colonists to bypass the hard limit
>>
>>154209414
Just commenting on the main track:

>I'm sure that nobody itt truly believes that beavers are always good, but when given a choice between always good or always bad they choose the former.
And why is this false dichotomy here to begin with?

>What kind of autism compels you to correct someone that thinks of them as a positive event?
Because alphabeavers are alpha as fuck!

Just kidding. I'm slightly annoyed when people try to see stuff in "either X or Y, never both" grounds.

>>154209495
Now I kinda want an alfabiver colony mod.

>>154210828
>coffee brewing
>sheds
>Shane and Emily promoted to bachelor[ette]s
dis gun b gud.
>>
>>154192526
>>
>>154210947
Not quite... there's a "desired population" and a "critical population". 50 is Randy's critical population, when he'll try his best to kill your colonists; but you can still recruit people outside that.
>>
>>154170514
Fuck that thread
>>
>>154201425
F
Harvest Organs
>>
>>154211112
I am most exited for new maps!
>>
I wish I had a joywire ;_;
>>
File: AutismBeavers.png (493KB, 960x421px) Image search: [Google]
AutismBeavers.png
493KB, 960x421px
Guys...

guys

Guys.

Guys listen.

I have the best ide

guys listen

I have the best idea ever

I'll mod ALPHABEAVERS

guys

alphabeavers

I'll mod ALPHABEAVERS
guys listen here

I'll mod ALPHABEAVERS... to eat STONE
>>
>>154212229
I wish I was an alphabeaver ;_:
>>
>>154212229
>not modding alphabeavers to eat granite walls
>>
File: 20160908205645_1.jpg (506KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160908205645_1.jpg
506KB, 1920x1080px
sendhelp
>>
>>154212658
I actually modded them to eat all forms of stone. Including walls and mountains
>>
>>154212741
Apply mortar.
>>
>>154212229
I was thinking about making them carnivorous, but you beat me to it. 11/10.
>>
>>154212229
Make them eat everything on the map above ground so I can actually tell the difference when I ignore them.
>>
>>154212229
>>154213217
NO! ALFABIVER ALWAYS GUD!
>>
>>154212741
Smoke em out
>>
>>154212741
Molotov the nests.
>>
>>154212962
mortars can't penetrate overhead mountain
>>
>>154213789
Doesn't look like overhead mountain.
>>
>>154213832
literally says overhead mountain on the pic m8
>>
>>154213832
Please get your eyes checked If you can't see the collapsed rocks holding up the mountain roof.
>>
Awww my best talker just lost her jaw when she was fighting with mechanoid. :(
>>
>>154214018
>>154214062
It says the cursor is on an overhead mountain you fucking noobs. Lightly is clearly growing and the plants and shining.
>>
>>154187354

>Horn
>Gone

What a waste.
>>
>>154192924

Yes, it's also impacted by how clean the cooking/storage/dining areas are.
>>
>>154199929

I fucking love beavers.

>Oh, sweet, lots of free food and leather and the only cost is some trees on the ass end of the map that I'm never at anyway.
>>
>>154215661
I'm sorry but you're not allowed to talk about beavers in this thread. This is a beaver-free zone.
>>
>>154208693
>They're using a resource. The resource in question might be cheap and renewable, but its value is not zero.

This is completely ignoring the fact that the beavers themselves are also resources.

Beaver meat + Pelts > Any trees they eat unless you literally ignore them for a ridiculously long period of time.
>>
How do you get good relations with other factions?
>>
>>154216678

Give them silver.
>>
File: 1473224644346~2.png (294KB, 451x424px) Image search: [Google]
1473224644346~2.png
294KB, 451x424px
If you have 50 colonists how many raiders will Randy Extream send at you? So far (first season) he only sent a raid of the Pirate Faction Leader... Alone.... Of course i only have my 3 original + an asylum seeker
>>
>>154216720
How do I do that?
I'm on the trade tab but I can't seem to give them shit.
>>
>>154216930
10x10 = 100
a 10x10 field has 100 squares
each square = healroot
sowing a 10x10 healroot field at spring = 100 herbal medicines at fall
1 disease = 5-10 herbal medicine treatments
100 herbal medicines = 10-20 diseases cured
on average 50% of colonists get a disease per year of extreme cass
50% of 50 is 25
25 colonists will get a disease every year so get a 10x10 healroot field and sow it in spring
>>
File: 1471669460014.png (709KB, 671x505px) Image search: [Google]
1471669460014.png
709KB, 671x505px
>>154217169
Thx mang
>>
>>154217297
also you should play as tribal they are the best especially bomba - white hat and cave tender
>>
>>154216678
With alfabivers.
>>
>>154216337
Oh look, another Gudalfabiverism zealot.
>>
Is making larger than 2x2 bedrooms even worth the trouble?
>>
>>154218421
It's time to let it go anon. Alpha bros aren't as bad as you think, you tree loving fag.
>>
>>154217057

Gotta build a Comms Panel
>>
>>154218562
NO
THEY'RE AS BAD AS HITLER, ROOSEVELT AND STALIN DRESSED IN A LEMON PARTY!
>>
>>154218559
Peasants should be lucky to get any bedroom at all. Only prime colonists get royal beds and beautiful rooms.
>>
Oh great, now lord autismo is trying to play his disability off as a joke.
>>
>>154210828
It's the only time where you can actually ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL and make your colonists use cheesy run&gun and peekaboo-door tactics. They always fuck it up if you leave them alone.

>>154210828
I hope the co-op multiplayer makes it in before the end of this year but considering Chucklefuck working on that i have little hope.

>>154211112
Beavers can be troublesome in some situations (scenarios where wood is scarce etc), especially early game. But mid- to late game should pose little to no threat.
Personally i like building out of wood because it's cheap and aesthetically pleasing to me, so i usually go for places with decent amount of trees.

>>154211137
No wonder they like never came, thanks! I think i got a good middleground value.
>>
>>154218562
If they're your bros why do you kill them?
CHECKMATE GUDALFABIVERISTS
>>
>>154219502

They're like Jebus.

They're bros, because they die to nourish and protect us.
>>
>>154219203
Hunting: it's also more fun with direct control. Grab a half dozen colonists, send them to kill the same animal, repeat until you have one for each colonist. Then send them hauling.

Co-op for Stardew Valley: it's a huge can of worms. Basically, either the game is already done with multiplayer in mind (like Factorio) or they need to rework the whole thing (like Don't Starve). I don't think SV was done with MP in mind.

Trading: which value did you set up? I set mine to 8.

>>154219710
Fuck, now I will mod some flavour text about Alfabiverism for art and stuff.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (117KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
117KB, 1366x768px
The great escape, mission complete.
>>
How the fuck do l avoid social decay? what a fucking bullshit
>>
>>154221165
Social is a useless skill. Just talk to prisoners you want to recruit until you recruit them. There's no point in practicing this skill.
>>
>>154221165
Keep prisoners around for friendly chatting.
>>
>>154219961
I think CA did already have multiplayer in mind when making the game, but probably didn't delve into it much due to him personally not having the littlest clue about netcoding. I know how much you need to consider and take care of when you want to make a multiplayer Harvest Moon (i thought about that a lot some time ago), which is why i understand why he didn't do it himself. Still something i really look forward to because i fucking love playing comfy games with other people.

Also i set the chance to 14 for now because half the trade caravans don't even pass by my base.
>>
>>154221136
Nice. Is this your first escape?

I usually let one or two colonists behind and do a "generations" game.
>>
>>154221989
Yes first ever. I've kept the game running and it's being occupied by a lone marshal escaping pirates, my turret systems tore them to shreds.
Completely forget about the chicken timebomb i left hatching though, got 500 little chicks running rampant.
>>
[Evanescence playing loudly in the distance]
>>
>>154222854
The glorious chicksplosion. I did that on my first games... until I decided to keep roosters and hens apart.
>>
>>154156336

Just eat nutrient paste and deal with the mood debuff.
>>
Don't mind me, just storing this here.
>>
>>154224378

Does turning human meat into nutrient paste still avoid the cannibalism debuff?
>>
>>154155569

>solo rich start
>-100 winters, winter start
>literally first day is spent mostly huddling in a 2x2 room with a campfire

Good times.
>>
>>154224457
Have some goddamn dignity.
>>
>>154224472

No, you get cooked cannibalism. You can sell them off though.
>>
Friendly reminder that FUCK A15c it's a buggy piece of shit and not worth the trouble.
>>
>>154224936

What sort of bugs are you actually noticing? Been playing on A15c and haven't noticed shit yet.
>>
>>154156336
>Kitchen covered in blood
>"Y R PPL SCK"

hmmm
>>
>>154225097
>Been playing on A15c and haven't noticed shit yet.
Are you Low IQ?
>>
>>154225156

Maybe? I also just mostly play tribal start and tend to get fucked right as I get to where a Crashlanded start would start at, so if its from stuff that you would normally run into later in the tech tree, I'm probably not seeing it.
>>
>>154225272
I'm just joking there buddy are no bugs in the game.
>>
>>154224539
Gimme a break! I'm progressing from Freeplay to Basebuilder, if I don't play in somewhere easy the rat-holding chick will rape me in no time.
>>
>infestation!
>wreck the shit out of them with charge rifles
>slaughter for bug meat
>make kibble out of hay+bug meat

win/win
>>
>>154224457
>not coastal
>>
>always play on low-difficulty basebuilder
>have fun just building a town and climbing up the tech tree in a cozy little utopia
>try a harder difficulty
>still play as if raiders aren't a real threat
>raid happens
>hospital filled up, blood covering the dining hall, walls blown up, limbs strewn across the battlefield, only competent doctor incapacitated, mental breaks
M-my comfy town...
>>
>>154212741
Just leave them alone, they'll freeze in winter. Meanwhile all that free food and free mining.
>>
>>154226518
Not him, but why do you assume they'll freeze in the winter, if you do not know the temperature range?
>>
>>154226276
There can be no true comfy without uncomfy.
>>
>>154226518
max. temperature in winter is about 0°
>>
>>154225651
>bugmeat into kibble
Did something change in a14/15 that made them bad for humans? My colonists were eating that stuff no problem before.

>>154226276
I play on Cassandra Basebuilder, usually pretty comfy except now 60% of my colony is sick with sleeping sickness, why does she have to meme on my like that? Can i somehow cheat-cure that shit? Rather have one guy with malaria instead
>>
>>154227815
they'll eat it but they'll get a mood debuff

which is weird really, I mean giant bug meat has to taste like crab or some such
>>
Is rich soil wasted on plants with less than 100% soil sensitivity?
>>
>>154227261
Oh well, a molotov it is then.

Make sure to snatch all that jelly while they sleep before you roast them.

>>154227150
Apparently I shouldn't have.
>>
If you've got a cryocasket you can skip a lot of the incapacity time from surgery.
I was getting pissed off waiting for a colonist to recover from their bionic surgery that I crammed them into a pod then immediately opened it, little bit of cryosickness and they are immediately back to work, no pointlessly long rest period in between despite 0 injuries.
>>
File: ht.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ht.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
OP base location.
>>
>>154217169
>>154217297
If you're growing indoors a well-zoned area around a sun lamp also provides 100 squares for growing.
>>
>clan of tribesman wipe out my whole town before the end of my second season
>4 bows against 4 rifles with 8+ shooting
>we had sandbag
>they had literally nothing but one tree

::::::::^)))))))))))
>>
>>154232802
100 squares = 100 healroot harvest = 10-20 diseases survives = 10-20 living colonists. that's clearly too many colonists. only use 50 squares.
>>
>>154233154
And what did we learn about proper unit placement and focus fire?

I'm like 80% done with my second playthrough and I've yet to construct turrets.

Most real world military tactics work in this game. Use them.
>>
>>154233441
>>154233154
Also
>leaving them 1 tree
Your own fucking fault

And walls are better than sandbags, use both.
>>
>>154233154
if you had any common sense you would shoot the fucking tree to destroy it first
>>
>>154233565
>>154233665
Trees don't provide cover. Source: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Not_Cover
>>
>>154233565

Speaking of which, I had an ambush with a shotgun behind a natural rock formation in L shape, 1 tile thick with roof built on top. Somehow the assault rifle raider guy shot through that and headshot brained the waiting shotgunner. I don't even.
>>
>>154231880
Enjoy sleeping with the bugs.
>>
Any new updates?
What're some interesting mods?
>>
>>154234097
That's still not patched yet?
>>
File: the learning helper has spoken.png (801KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the learning helper has spoken.png
801KB, 1920x1080px
>>154234097
Foolish mortal, you dare question the learning helper? How impudent.
>>
>>154234097
wiki is outdated

check the tooltip in game, it shows that trees block shots
>>
Any way to get hyperweave without having to trade for it?
>>
>>154231880

Does the path on the right open up?
>>
>>154235128
mods
>>
>>154236051
yeah, cheating
>>
>>154237373
the vanillafag strikes yet again
>>
>>154237586
could stop cheating

I mean if beavers are too much to handle I won't judge you for removing them or giving yourself free hyperweave but it is cheating
>>
>>154237736
>free hyperweave
There are mods that let you make hyperweave.

Vegetable Garden I believe.
>>
File: 1470783339277.jpg (28KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
1470783339277.jpg
28KB, 600x503px
>>154237736
>>
Damn, I want to properly play on permadeath like I always do but the rerolling process is brutal. How cheating would I be if I made a save of the first day just so I can return to it instead of creating a new team every time?
>>
>https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11148.0
Fucking finally.
>>
>>154237949
I know a painter in my neighborhood that painted that exact frame. Al Pacino is a god.
>>
who /phoebe base builder temperate mountainous all year growing season/ here?
>>
>>154237736
>instantly going for the hyperbole extreme
Take your meds, kid.

>>154237971
>rerolling
>not taking the first badge the game presents you with
You were already cheating.
>>
>>154237971
as much cheating as it is to use prepare carefully

which means it's cheating
>>
>>154233441
I can't wait until you get fucked and remember this gay post.
>>
File: 20160909021837_1.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160909021837_1.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
RACE WAR
>>
>>154238728
My first play through was a vanilla no escape playthrough.

I'd reload any combat encounter where an enemy escaped until I figured out how to resolve the encounter to prevent that.

I couldn't play defensively because the entire point was to capture or kill everyone.

You don't fucking need turrets.

In fact, I'd say they make the game less fun. Every skirmish is a puzzle. This playthrough I've got mods that completely borked raid size so I can't do no escape unfortunately.
>>
>>154239219
ok so you're a filthy save scummer got it
>>
>>154239219
>I'd reload any combat encounter where an enemy escaped until I figured out how to resolve the encounter to prevent that.
>I'd reload
>reload
might as well turn on god mode, it's in the options menu, click on dev mode, then click on god mode in the new dev menu
>>
>>154239485
It's not like I was scumming mid combat. This isn't a grand strategy game.

I'd get a raid alert, pop a save, then figure out how to get out of it.

The point remains, you can get by without turrets.
>>
>>154239667
>The point remains, you can get by without turrets.
Yeah if you read every single situation absolutely perfectly or reload them until you win

Turrets give you an error margin
>>
>>154239667
yeah you can get by without sniper rifles or turrets or draft mode
you can kill every raid in this miserable piece of game just by building walls and traps
some might even say you can get by without using saves, but that's nonsense
>>
Can somebody teach me the art of pitfall traps?

How best do you use them if you don't want visitors of any kind?
>>
>>154240202
>yeah you can get by without sniper rifles
Lolno
>>
>first raid
>one guy with club
>second raid
>four guys, two shotty two pistol
>third raid
>pic related

>attack at night while they sleep
>kill one, take his sniper, run away before they can retaliate
>they go back to sleep
>try to pop another
>welp

thanks game, I was definitely ready for this fall of year one
>>
>>154240672
kek, there are so many options to kill people in this game, snipers are not even the strongest
>>
>>154240794
It's literally down to what settings you chose

you can't complain
>>
File: welp.png (2MB, 1296x900px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
2MB, 1296x900px
>>154240794
>forgot pic

>>154240979
I've always played on hardest cassie, never gotten this turbofucked this early before
>>
>>154240949
It's not about being the strongest.
It's about killing the other guy before he kills maims/kills you.
>>
>>154240794
first year fall siege on extreme is the best feel my man. the anxiety when you don't know how bad it will be, the despair when it's worse than you expected, the struggle to survive, the suffering when it just won't end no matter how badly you want it to

>>154241132
it's not even the longest range my dumb man
>>
>>154231880
>has perfect killzone
>ruins it by slapping a giant wall in it
>>
>>154241393
>it's not even the longest range my dumb man
Right, but mortars hit jack shit.
>>
>>154241654
that's why you get more mortars my man. you don't know true pleasure until you siege siegers. build a mortal for every colonist you have. one volley from 10 mortars is all it takes to end it.
>>
>>154241830
Running a minigunner up to their sandbags and downing 3 of them in one volley while your grenadiers come from behind is significantly more fun.
>>
is there a way to rearrange the order of the colonists at top ?
>>
File: som.jpg (225KB, 775x1031px) Image search: [Google]
som.jpg
225KB, 775x1031px
...Wow.

I... wow.

>Colossal raider fight on my colony, during pouring rain.
>Just barely able to get the three of my four guys who can shoot into defensive positions before they get there.
>...Three guys and a dog.
>I was so rushed I forgot to assign the animals to safer pastures while getting everyone in position.
>No chance to tell her to retreat- the fighting's harsh, two guys are packing grenades, one of the melee raiders has already closed with Remi, her assigned master, and Sammy does her defensive thing.
>She's downed almost instantly. Everyone else fights them off, but they're nursing horrible wounds.
>Remi brings her back, puts her on an animal bed, fourth guy who wasn't there is also a decent medic but everyone has so many wounds that two people get infections before he can finish bandaging them.
>Remi finally gets patched up first, tends to the one guy remaining.
>"Sammy, labrador retriever, has caught an infection."
>I was so busy with the people that I forgot about Sammy.
>Send Remi to patch her up.
>"Sammy has miscarried due to poor health."
>"Sammy has bonded with Remi."
>"Sammy has died of blood loss."
>The rain is still falling.

I, uh... I don't feel right, anons.
>>
>Huskies reach adulthood
>suddenly all pregnant
>father uncles and sister mothers everywhere

I don't remember installing a kennel club mod.
>>
File: corridor.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
corridor.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
So this is what it comes down to, aye Randy?
>>
>>154137601
Just got this game, played a few times and thought I'd ask some questions on starting.

What biome should I start in? I've done a southern jungle twice for a year round growing season and a northern tundra once in the hopes it would greatly reduce enemy encounters by virtue of no one wanting to travel that far. The jungle worked ok despite a heat wave causing some problems before cooling, but I couldn't produce enough power in the tundra for sun lamps to grow more than a handful of crops with.

Which is the most interesting starting scenario? I know the three crashlanding is the default, but the single explorer with a charge rifle seems like a good choice and the five tribesmen could be cool for slowly teching up through the ages.

Is there a major drawback to stuffing everyone into a single "barracks" room, or is it just the minor unhappy penalty? I don't know if there's a cap to villagers, but I'm having a hard time expanding quick enough to meet new recruits while still providing food for everyone. It's even worse trying to cool several rooms during a heat wave or heat them during winter, especially because I start to run out of steel pretty quick.

Any suggestions on how to build an easier to defend base? Is there fencing available, or do I just need to build an exterior wall around my stuff to funnel in attackers?
>>
File: tfw.jpg (14KB, 242x206px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
14KB, 242x206px
>>154242242
>>
>>154245936
Cold (~-30C winters) mountain Boreal Biome on at least rough randy for maximum comfyness
>>
>What biome should I start in?
Temperate is easiest.
>Is there a major drawback to stuffing everyone into a single "barracks" room
Everyone assigned to the barracks will have a persistent mood debuff. You can give everyone their own tiny 2x2 cells to save space without the debuff.
>heat wave
Give everyone dusters and cowboy hats and you can just ignore heat waves altogether.
>>
>>154245936
>>154246556
>>
>>154245936
go inside a mountain for pure comfy and easy to manage temperatures
i mean whats the worst that could happen if you just dig in right ?
>>
>>154245936

Depends on the setting you're looking for, naturally, but if you want a true ezmodo, look for a place with a year-round growing period and temperate forests, but not jungles. Jungles will give you a plethora of diseases regular forests won't.

A base made out of wood will be faster and easier to build, but a base carved into a mountainside will have more long-term benefits.
>>
>>154181960
they still kill predator animals through infections
>>
>>154201425
without EPOE yes
>>
I still don't understand how health works in this game.

Sometimes an enemy takes a couple hits to down while other times you have to fill them with bullets.
>>
>>154251232
nasty headshot, vital organ shot/spine shot and destroying a leg instantly puts them to the ground
if you get a bunch of body shots that dont really hit anything it might take a while
>>
>>154251232
dont check the health of dead bodies or you'll see how they die: gunshots through the chest, through the spine, eyeball, neck

then you end up forced to imagine that shit
brutal
>>
>>154251232
As /k/ would say, it's all about shot placement
>>
>>154253330
People's pain tolerance is pretty absurd (they can take half a dozen soft-tissue gunshot wounds and keep on kicking), but then again, it's a game.
>>
File: jej.jpg (61KB, 550x448px) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
61KB, 550x448px
>>154254965
>A far distant world beyond the reach, where everything is chambered in .22lr
>>
drugs are bad kids
don't do drugs
do not
>>
one of my colonists got addicted to flake
how fucked is she if i burn my stock of flake
>>
>>154260920
Gonna have a bretty bad mood (-25) and some mobility/conciousness debuffs for a long time (~2 seasons) better be able to make her happy without drugs
>>
>>154260920
Why burn it?
>>
File: dietrich.png (151KB, 569x456px) Image search: [Google]
dietrich.png
151KB, 569x456px
And Anna is married too.
>>
>>154261751
>get a -20 debuff because the fucking guy asks her out FOUR TIMES in one sitting even though already being engaged

christ i wish he fixed that ai just a lil bit
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (43KB, 576x519px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
43KB, 576x519px
>>154261531
she is gonna have a rough couple of months
resting now after throwing a little fit

>>154261673
cuz no crack addicts allowed in my mountain base
>>
>>154261914
You can use drug policies to cut her off provided she doesn't have Chemical Interest/Fascination, in which case you can build walls around your drug pile until a trader shows up. Colonists don't go on drug binges if there's no possible path to the drugs.
>>
>>154262091
gonna be funny when the next update has pawns chipping through walls on their own without orders
>>
>start up fresh colony
>heat wave
>set up ventilation at the last second before my last man goes incap from heat stroke
>poor girl bedridden in the shack out back dies before she can make it to her comfy cozy new bedroom
>first person comes to
>makes a beeline over to her corpse
>has a munch
>takes corpse into the living quarters
>brings her in to visit each colonist one by one so they can have a munch
>leaves her laying on last persons bed before going back to rest

>start new colony
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (91KB, 816x504px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
91KB, 816x504px
10 days after i send 3 guys on an expedition
>>
>>154239219
This.

I also used babbymode fotm killboxes when I was a newbie, but they got boring as fuck really fast.

Now I'm having much more fun with the combat system.
>>
>harvest kidney from shitty prisoner I don't want to convert
>plan to sell prisoner
>prisoner goes beserk due to losing kidney, attacks the doctor who performed the operation
>execute prisoner
>doctor who performed the operation gets a serious kidney infection...
>only way to save him is to replace his kidney with the kidney he extracted from the dead prisoner
>turns out he also was friends with the prisoner so he got another debuff for "dead friend"

Wow dude, what the fuck. All of that sweet organ harvesting for nothing.
Karma's a bitch.

This game is fucking insane.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (40KB, 385x382px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
40KB, 385x382px
Do any of you guys remember pic related?
It's pretty much proto-rimworld
>>
>>154245858
The mental breaks? They're your fault.

The bugs? They're very easy to handle. Wall the east corridor off. Build a large wood stockpile around Ignat's location. Ignite it and close the door behind you.
>>
>>154266872
>those chicks
kek
>>
>>154266872
Nah, rimworld is a df clone for casuals.
>>
>>154267698
with the difference that rimworld is actually fun
>>
>>154267823
Sure sounds like you've never even played dwarf fortress.

The main difference is the scifi theme. Rimworld also has better ranged combat system. Everything else in rw is much worse than df.
>>
>>154268203
i played it a few months ago and honestly didnt like it at all but thats just personal taste

DF is alot deeper in many ways but it just didnt do it for me while rimworld is keeping me playing since ~600 hours but DF lost me after ~20-25 hours
>>
>>154268427
Could it be the graphics? Casuals and graphics whores in general can't stand ascii.
>>
>>154268693
i dont consider myself a graphic whore but i like to see my stuff visualized in some way and DF just doesnt do that in a satisfying way

in general graphics < gameplay
but at some point the graphics can degrade good gameplay and/or the other way around and i think thats the case for me in DF
i honestly like complete text based games more than DF but thats again just my opinion
>>
>tfw want to stop being a pirate to keep up with updates
>but 30 bucks

Maybe if my pay goes in tonight I'll support the dev, I really enjoy this, doesn't have the same depth I want z-levels to it as DF, but it is still really fun
>>
>>154268867
Do you like other ascii games? I prefer DF graphics to most ascii roguelikes.

I think DF does a very good visual representation of the general shape of things around you. Good use of color as well.
>>
>>154269413
the steam workshop 1click install for mods is a great added bonus because they are so small that moving them into the game folder takes longer than downloading it
>>154269580
i honestly only played 3 other ascii games all 3 where in browser and i cant remember their names and it kills me because i liked them very very much

one was a 50%ascii 50% text adventure (only certain areas where ein ascii ) that used the Dragon age universe the second was from the same team/guy and was mass effect based and the third was a project of a guy i went to school with and was a roguelike in ascii but he seems to have taken it down if someone has an idea what games i mean pls tell me ; - ;
but yeah DF is great but i just have problems immersing myself in it (part of the problem is the setting which im not exactly a fan of )
>>
>>154269413
Yeah, rimworld really needs z-levels among many other things.

As it is right now, mountainous areas are the only worthwhile embarks because you can't dig down. Reminds me of the ancient 2D versions of DF.
>>
>>154270439
Z levels might be a bit much of a change that late into development
>>
>>154270439
z levels wont happen in rimworld
>>
File: 11.png (158KB, 358x1959px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
158KB, 358x1959px
who here /usingmods/

post good mods for A15
>>
>>154270681
Why not? Has the dev confirmed that?
>>
>>154160737
that's the worst setup i've seen in a long time
>>
>>154270770
>/literallycheating/
>>
>>154147328
Good luck with that roll Unless you use EdB like a casual faggot
>>
>>154270816
I could go on and on... Anyway, there is tons to do in RimWorld, my general thought is that the best cost/benefit move is to leave Z-levels to Towns, DF, Gnomoria, Stonehearth, and all those other games and focus on what RimWorld is really uniquely about: AI Storyteller, tactical AI, and so on.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=109.0
middle of 2nd post
>>
>tfw waiting for rain to get rid of the boomrat loitering in the haygrass
>>
>>154270916
its a SP only game so why care? i play the way that is fun for me
>>
>>154270770
check rimsenal feral part
they are kinda like a wasteland survival race
weapons made from scrap put together and have mutated wargs as attack pets
the other rimsenal factions are high tech/futuristic so they might not fit your play
>>
>>154271816
i already had all rimsenal parts but i didnt like the design but since i deleted them without looking into feral i will give it another try
>>
>>154270770
isnt that too many weapon mods family ?
i wonder how much of a clusterfuck your bills lists will be
>>
>>154272134
yeah it IS a clusterfuck especially since even same guns from dif mods have dif stats i really need to clean up but now i have to fix prepare carefully first since it doesnt work anymore and idk why
>>
>>154266221

What mod let's you send people out on expeditions? Can't find anything
>>
File: rip.png (15KB, 669x504px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
15KB, 669x504px
; - ;
i wish i wasnt retarded and could figure this out by myself
>>
>>154272383
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0
incidents
visitors tell you about something they saw/heard and give you an option to send some colonists away for X amount of days
read the forum thread for more information about the parts of incidents
>>
>>154272383
Misc. Incidents iirc
>>
>>154268693
>>154268867
The main problem with DF isn't the graphics but the controls. Compare it with Nethack.
>>
>>154272470
i am as retarded about what it actually says as you but try putting prepare carefully on top of the list of your mods, maybe some other mod being above it is causing it ?
misc core not being at the very top is fine, it has to be only above the other misc parts
>>
File: 20160909055317_1.jpg (268KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160909055317_1.jpg
268KB, 1600x900px
How's my colony looking? It's still under construction but I think it's going nicely. the exposed wiring is only temporary while I build the walls.
>>
>>154272650
it still happens reagrdless where i place it
>>
>>154272569
But DF has far better controls than Rimworld.

RW needs three hands because half the keybinds are on the righthand side of the keyboard and the UI is very mouse-driven. Shit by design.

In DF you do everything with keyboard. Like a decent CLI. The only downside is slightly longer initial learning curve.
>>
>>154272684
easy mode spot/10
6 chairs, only 5 usable at the same time ( the 2 at the same corner is the issue )
random exposed corpses
mortar but no turrets ?
base builder/extreme rating
>>
>>154273307
not him but i often steal the mortars from the first few sieges because they are easy af
>>
>>154273307
Playing on rough
Mortar was from some dickholes that tried to seige me
corpses are being buried as we speak
>>
>>154272684
Decent spot for a colony.

That cooler design is a problem. You will get drop pods from traders inside the walled-off area. Just vent the hot air indoors. Free heating. Unless your climate is unusually hot - I'm not familiar with burman/liberian/murikan units.

>>154273307
>6 chairs, only 5 usable at the same time ( the 2 at the same corner is the issue )
Wrong. They're usable at the same time.

Enemy corpses should be dumped until you can cremate/disassemble them. They don't deserve burial.

Turrets are for scrubs.
>>
>>154273572
>Enemy corpses should be dumped until you can cremate/disassemble them. They don't deserve burial.

>don't deserve burial

Reminder graves is the real way to play. who else enjoys making an enemy graveyard and watching it grow massive as fuck?
>>
>>154272470
turns out unsubbing and resubbing fixed it
>>
>>154272786
RimWorld's controls aren't good, sure. But this doesn't mean Dwarf Fortress' controls are good either.

There's a reason I told you to compare Dwarf Fortress with Nethack. Even being also a command line game and keyboard-only, Nethack's interface doesn't get in your way to do shit. The learning curve in Dwarf Fortress is steeper than it should be, people on /dfg/ are always completely clueless on how to do shit partly because of that.

Also, you don't need three hands for RimWorld because those are keyboard _shortcuts_, they aren't intended as the main input. As you said yourself, the interface is mouse-driven, one hand at the mouse and another across the keyboard.
>>
>>154271540
>roll a million times for the right character
>just use EdB and get it done in 5 seconds
hmm
>>
>>154274131
this desu

rerolling over 9000 times and edb are both on the same level of """"""cheating"""""
>>
File: 20160909063702_1.jpg (280KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160909063702_1.jpg
280KB, 1600x900px
FUCKING TRIBALS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>154273758
>making an enemy graveyard and watching it grow massive as fuck?
It might be doable on easy difficulties. I'm playing on extreme and I have a hostile tribes on my world. I get like 100 corpses per raid. Multiple crematoriums are necessary just to get rid of the corpses and junk in a timely manner.
>>
File: elf4.png (57KB, 354x306px) Image search: [Google]
elf4.png
57KB, 354x306px
>My best medic is a nudist
>he's not a fighter so leave him nude
>still want them protected so give them the only personal shield i looted so far
>they feel "constrained" by it
What?
>>
>>154274451
shields gotta come from somewhere, don't stick a shield generator up his ass and expect him to feel comfortable
>>
>>154274309
>fighting in the open vs zerg
>>
>>154274503
Filtered :^)
>>
>uninstalled batteries actually retain their charge
>More Vanilla Turrets allows you to build long range turrets

huh
hows that for a counter-siege option
>>
>>154273989
DF is better than RW, which was the point. Mouse input is slower and having to move your hand to reach half the controls is even slower.

I didn't compare to Nethack here because we're talking about control schemes for a different type of game altogether.

>people on /dfg/ are always completely clueless on how to do shit
Most people are morons, news at eleven. There's plenty of cluelessness in this general as well, despite Tynan wasting development time on making the game as accessible as possible at the cost of good UI and game design.
>>
>>154274994
>cheat mods
Since you're cheating, why not just devmode tools? They have the best counter-siege options. :^)
>>
File: 1472222963234.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1472222963234.png
325KB, 382x417px
>local pirates show up and siege me
>their leader came too
>comfy inside a mountain minding my business
>leader of pirates has died, replaced by xxxxxx
>check his corpse
>gunshot wounds
>>
>>154275226
I've seen siegers social fight, but never them shoot each other.

Did one of your hunters/haulers wander too close and engage them?
>>
>>154275334
no, i have sealed my base and they are not allowed to leave
i think i found out why, there is a dead warg in their camp too that has been dead for about as long as the leader
i assume they were shooting the warg, one guy shot the leader, started a fight and the leader died
another theory i have is that he started a fight with another sieger because in his social log it says he got insulted but the other sieger has no inguries
>>
>>154274451
Give him a helmet instead.
>>
File: purge.png (273KB, 487x474px) Image search: [Google]
purge.png
273KB, 487x474px
>switch colonists from flee to engage threats
>can now hunt wolves without giving a shit because SNIPER RIFLES

neat
>>
>>154275226
I think raiders can have mental breakdowns as well. Maybe he went berserk and was put down by the others?
>>
>>154275017
>Mouse input is slower and having to move your hand to reach half the controls is even slower.
Mouse input is slower for simpler inputs, but it's faster for dragging and selecting stuff. For example, let's say you want to create a stockpile: the selection of the command will be faster in DF (press p vs. moving your mouse to Architect, then Zone/Area, then Stockpile), but the actual shaping of the stockpile will be faster in RW.

In an ideal world, you'd do the first steps like in DF and the later like in RW... and both interfaces are slowly converging, with DF accepting some mouse input and RW getting better keyboard shortcuts. But due to the way the RW interface works, the learning curve will be smoother for the same end result.

>I didn't compare to Nethack here because we're talking about control schemes for a different type of game altogether.
Adventure mode and Nethack are loosely comparable input-wise. More importantly, you don't need to "guess" or check the wiki for most stuff in Nethack, unlike DF.

>Most people are morons, news at eleven.
Including you and me. You need to work with people's dumbness instead of against it.
>>
File: urgh.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
urgh.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I guess he's on guard duty permanently
>>
>>154275846
>You need to work with people's dumbness instead of against it.
It's like you want idiocracy to happen.
One works against stupidity not by catering to it, but by improving education and valuing intelligence in all areas of life, including entertainment.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (335KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
335KB, 1920x1040px
>>154275226
cont.
while the siege is still going i got attacked by the rimsenal federation
i thought i had a really sweet kill box with plasteel shotgun and sniper turrets from the more vanilla turrets mod
little did i know that these liberator guys can 2 shot all my turrets and with the 3rd shot open up the door to my rape box
i guess i'll have to rely on my 2 ninja MAIs and sparkles and her bears for the pirates
how the liberators were allowed to take their shots ? one of the faster guys came and immediately started attacking the wall just above the entrance so they stood there behind cover
>>
>>154276143
>fingle flame shooting
>too smart
Have him hunt until you run out of animals.
Then Have him shoot granite walls until he's 20 shooting.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (390KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
390KB, 1920x1040px
>2 downed 1 dead
>all because i forgot about the last flying liberator projectile and undrafted my colonists
first time in a long while i lose a colonist due to sheer stupidity
i'll remake you finn, i'll give you a pure plasteel body
>>
>>154276143
>EU is a nigger
It's like pottery
>>
>>154276218
>It's like you want idiocracy to happen.
Idiocracy already happened. We've been living in it for at least two thousand years, probably far more.

>One works against stupidity not by catering to it, but by improving education and valuing intelligence in all areas of life, including entertainment.
You won't teach a rhino how to do tricks. Or haul.
>>
>>154276457
>liberator projectile
what weapon
what mod
?
>>
>>154276640
its federator my bad
its the rimsenal mod, federation sub mod
they dont drop their guns, and you cant make them yourself from what i can see
>>
>>154274503
l-lewd!

>>154275641
Doesn't protect their chest though, guess i'll just make sure that they're always inside buildings during raids.
>>
>>154277871
Isn't that what you're supposed to do anyway?
>>
>>154277919
Yeah, but with the shield i wouldn't have to worry about them getting hit by a stray bullet or something. You know how retarded the AI can be sometimes.
>>
>>154278038
Yeah, I always draft and keep them either somewhere safe where they're in no danger or nearby but behind a corner or something in case I need him to rescue/capture people after the fighting is done
>>
>Frozen hay

That's funner than it should be
>>
File: kay.png (79KB, 345x420px) Image search: [Google]
kay.png
79KB, 345x420px
>"hmm... still got quite a stockpile of meat, wonder if i should go hunt again anyway."
>a pack of manhunting boomalopes appeared
>>
File: assburger.jpg (8KB, 228x260px) Image search: [Google]
assburger.jpg
8KB, 228x260px
>>154279465
Please explain.
>>
Is there a mod that lets me designate a place to build walls that will automatically mine out the area then build?

Upgrading from wood to stone can be a real pain in the arse
>>
how low must the temperature be for insects to freeze to death?

I'm trying out a freezing setup rather than a fire setup so I can potentially put my workshop under a mountain in the future
>>
>>154281282
Insects deserve only a death by fire.
>>
>>154281282
You can't freeze them to death with coolers, period. A very cold biome *might* work. Insects are comfy up to -40 C.
>>
At those times I wish Z levels were a thing - I could do the stockpiles in another level.

>inb4 Y NO DOORZ?/LERN2RUF
>>
File: art.png (41KB, 425x468px) Image search: [Google]
art.png
41KB, 425x468px
What a way to be remembered.
>>
>>154281559
>>154281404
well shit
>>
File: best girl.png (961KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
961KB, 1920x1080px
Is there a greater feeling?
>>
>>154281586
>brewery with meals and raw foods

you're aware that negative temperatures kills fermentation barrels right
>>
Do you make a single entrance to your base, or multiple ones? Why?
>>
>>154282661
Probably not, he doesn't even play the game. Just sketches those awful square designs and might test parts of them in dev mode.
>>
>>154282710
i want to make a multiple entrance base just because it makes defenses not look stupid and lets your guys move easier but that requires you to make that many more turrets and defenses
>>
>>154282661
Fuck, you're right. I forgot this a15 change.

>>154282760
>He either play the game or he sketches a base, never both
You're the "lern2ruf" guy, aren't you.
>>
Is there any reason to allow social use of smokeleaf? Except DUDE WEED LMAO of course. It makes people slow and more hungry. Yayo seems a lot better in that regard, it actually makes people more productive and is easy as fuck to produce, unlike wakeup. Anyone got addictivity values of all the drugs?
>>
>>154282710
Single entrance into main base, multiple ones into courtyard.

Raids are generally taken care of outside the courtyard, but the courtyard and base interiors are designed with defensive combat in mind when shit hits the fan really hard.
>>
>>154283037
I would only routinely use it if your colony is under heavy psychic attacks and you have to tolerate the ship for some period of time. It's better to use beer.
>>
>>154283250
Yeah, I did allow its scheduled use if moods go below 21.
>>
>>154283037
Smokeleaf is a waste.

For drugs in general, my approach is usually
>set up to "no drugs"
>have some beer, ya-yo and wake up
>manually order colonist to drink a single beer if the mood is low
>manually order colonist to use wake up and ya-yo if they need to get shit done
It works okay for a 10 people colony.
>>
>>154283037
Joy boosts, but all drugs are p. useless for that. Just give your colonists a comfy base, good food and flexible schedule.
>>
File: reeeeeeeeee.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeee.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
last medicine
>>
>manhunter cougar
>rips the legs off my doctor, an arm and an eye out of my hunter

>raid

Rough my ass, that was blistering bullshit
>>
>>154270770
Out of curiosity. Are there any other complex modpacks like hardcore SK? I'm too lazy to build my own modpack just to decide after 10 hours of colony that some mod is unbalanced and I need to get rid of it.
>>
File: fbm.jpg (36KB, 442x342px) Image search: [Google]
fbm.jpg
36KB, 442x342px
>>
>>154284150
i have the steam version so i can just 1click install mods from workshop or else i would probs have only 2-4 mods because im a lazy fuck desu
>>
Is Mad Skills interesting to have, or does it casualize experience?
>>
>>154281559
>might
On ice sheet insects are trivial. You just dial down the heaters and everything dies.
>>
>>154284515
You already know the answer, the truth lies in your heart.
>>
>>154283294
Is this schedule thing bugged? My peons had some weed stashed and I set it to blaze it only if they're especially sad, but the fags smoked it all day erry day.
>>
File: best girl.png (909KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
909KB, 1920x1080px
>psychopath
>single flame medicine
>too smart
Is it worth trying to recruit her?
>>
>>154285663
You don't need to worry about that, because you'll end up killing her anyway.

Also your "best girl" is an old as fuck granny.
>>
File: 4QcfRPh.jpg (262KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4QcfRPh.jpg
262KB, 1920x1080px
Poast defenses.
>>
>>154286053
Thank god they've fixed that.
>>
>>154286138
Fixed what?
>>
>>154286435
The endless trashloot spam you used to get from constant huge raids.

Now there are more varied dangers than just waves of NPCs walking into their death.
>>
>>154281559
I'm pretty sure Megascrabs and whatever the medium ones are die at -25 and below. Only the Megaspider is tanky at -40.
>>
>>154284342
Yeah but still some mods are working in the same field. You can have 4 mods about farming that all works differently and some parts of a different mod ends up being useless.

I'm wondering about full modpacks made by someone who got this shit sorted out and uses only mods that are not fucking up with each other.
>>
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=23244.0
nights get spooky
>>
>>154284895
>You already know the answer, the truth lies in your heart.
I don't. I was expecting someone who played with the mod to give me his opinion about it... not in the mood to playtest shit now TBQH.

At a first glance, it makes skill training unnecessary, but I'm not an idiot to assume things so quickly.
>>
>>154287154
>[A15] [All Helpful Bots Mods] Realistic Darkness [&Lighter V]
>Realistic
Dropped.
>>
>>154286735
That doesn't change the fact that you can't freeze them with coolers. Heat transfer is too high in any realistic scenario. That strategy will only work properly in arctic biomes.

Burning them is much easier because this game is retarded about its temperature calculations. You get up to 2000 temperature fires by burning stockpiled wood.

And FYI, creatures don't immediately die once outside their comfy temp range. You need to exceed the range by a lot, preferably do that fast and stay outside the comfy range for a good while.
>>
>>154287696
>Burning them is much easier because this game is retarded about its temperature calculations. You get up to 2000 temperature fires by burning stockpiled wood.
And it's also a good way to take care of crappy wood-based stuff as awful furniture.
>>
>>154288025
Don't do that.

Deconstructing the junk furniture and burning the reclaimed 75% wood instead generates much more heat.
>>
>>154286053
What difficulty is this on?

I've never ever ever seen such huge waves of enemies, even tribals
>>
>>154288194
I don't know the amount of returned wood, but when the furniture burns, it leaves a pile of wood to burn instead.
>>
>>154288562
It's a very old version. Back then we had nothing but ever-increasing waves of stupid raiders.

Fags were playing RW like a TD game. Killboxes are a remainder of that.
>>
>>154288669
>when the furniture burns, it leaves a pile of wood to burn instead.
Only 50%.

Example case: wooden dining chair. We're looking at 6750 units of fuel to burn (deconstruct) or 4568 units of fuel to burn (burn the chair)
>>
>>154288743
There's literally nothing unrealistic about killboxes. Military bases are irl killboxes, you're not supposed to attack them and if you do you better have a plan or else you deserve to die.
>>
File: e9d[1].jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d[1].jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>154289027
Here's your (You), now go and stay go.
>>
>>154289198
Go away retard.
>>
>>154289027
Sometimes I think that forbidding the words "realistic" and "unrealistic" when talking about games would make discussions 120% better.
>>
>>154289352
He brought it up when he complained about tower defense gameplay, he didn't have to say the word realistic to be a faggot nor do I have to use it to rebuke him.
>>
>>154289352
It wouldn't really help when there are clinically braindead poster thinking real military bases are shaped like rimworld killboxes.
>>
>>154289568
I'm really sorry that the concept of using walls as protection eludes you. You should be very grateful you were born in such safe modern times.
>>
>>154282760
By the lack of answer, I'll assume yes, you're the lern2ruf guy; and I'll go further and assume you're the same anon as >>154226518.
[If this isn't true: ignore the below, please.]

I wouldn't be surprised at all if people often comment behind your back on how dumb/stupid you are. You take hasty conclusions and in general your understanding of what people say is really flawed. Not in the autistic way, but in the "words and thinking are too hard for me, man".

For the well-being of this general in general [pun not intended], would you mind thinking a bit more before posting? Or either, you know, going back to Ribbit, where this kind of infantile behavior is encouraged.
>>
>>154289027
Being realistic or not is irrelevant. Killboxes were overshadowing other mechanics, that's why they were nerfed.

And military bases would be more like choosing only good shooters for the colony and drafting them all than semi-sentient gun turrets.
>>
>>154289768
Now you're backpedaling to walls from killboxes? That's cute.

>Military bases are irl killboxes
Now show us a real life military base that is conceptually similar to a fucking rimworld killbox.
>>
>>154290120
>[pun not intended]
There was no pun.
>>
>>154290568
Not him but you could technically count any mountain pass fortification or river crossing fortifications as a killbox. The Albanian bunker network is basically surprise killboxes on a large scale.

The reason why Killboxes don't work in real life is because it can only work once before anybody with 2 brain cells will stop marching into a death trap unlike the AI in Rimworld. Killboxes even work againest the defenders when the besieges can starve them out, pound them with Artillery or breach it through sappers which are all implemented in-game to counter them.

Modern military base values rapid reaction and deployment with most fortifications being temporary to stall attacks until numerical reinforcement arrives.
>>
>>154290568
>backpedalling
Quote where I changed my argument, child.

You're unwilling or unable to articulate your argument, either because you consider yourself to be above petty things such as burden of proof, or because you think you think fish pictures are an acceptable substitute. Either way you leave me in the uncomfortable position of having to read your mind, so I can't exactly attack your retardation with the ferocity it deserves, but so far the main sentiment I gather from your words is that killboxes, being boxes, are _aesthetically_ unrealistic, whatever that fuck that means, because _conceptually_ they are very similar to military bases, not because military bases. I know you think that military bases aren't designed to repel masses of melee attackers because that's a very unlikely scenario, but you are wrong. They are.
>>
>>154291580
>>154291689
What if the IRL killboxes are filled with alfabiver always good soldiers instead?
>>
>>154212229
Would you mind if I actually implemented this idea on my mod? An event that spawns rocky alphabeavers to eat your rock stuff looks kinda interesting.
>>
>>154291580
>The reason why Killboxes don't work in real life is because it can only work once before anybody with 2 brain cells will stop marching into a death trap unlike the AI in Rimworld.
No kidding. Unfortunately some posters lack those two.
>>
>>154292415
The fact that killboxes are effective doesn't make them unrealistic.
>>
File: weew lad.png (3KB, 530x33px) Image search: [Google]
weew lad.png
3KB, 530x33px
i loove bionics + the right skills and he is not even using luciferum so far
>>
Why do animals have such a high chance to avoid traps?

It's weird how humans and mechanoids always trigger my minefields, but hunter animal packs run across them like nothing.
>>
File: sanctum_shibiskye_01.jpg (350KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
sanctum_shibiskye_01.jpg
350KB, 768x768px
>>154288743
>>154289490
>tower defense game
I actually see nothing wrong with that. In fact, now i feel like making mazes and turrets for exactly that purpose. TD mod when.
>>
>a station equipped for smithing non-mechanical weapon and tools
>build smithy
>no tools to help me mine, log, build or harvest faster

felt cheated here
>>
>>154294506
>incomplete feature
Welcome to EA games
>>
>>154294506
>nerf mining
>crashlanded and rich explorer starts begin the game with a mining tool that allows for unnerfed mining speed
>tool has durability and eventually breaks
>need steel, components, and research to make tool. 500 crafting work.
My dad works at rimworld.
>>
My butchers are gonna be busy for a while
>>
>Be on a siege by raiders
>Remember anon advice that I should wait till they fall asleep and steal their ammunition
>They start shooting for 24 hours straight and one hits my personal self insert rooms with him in it
>Flames consume him and his entire room reaching 1000+F killing him instantly
>Literally nothing to bury

T-thanks anon.
>>
>>154296639
BUT MUH KILLBOX
>>
>>154292845
If this is NOT permadeath: try giving him ya-yo, wake up and luciferium. Just to check it.
>>
>>154292892
Size.
>>
>>154296639
Since you've been using traps in a smarter way than I do, lemme ask:
1. Does the material make a difference?
2. Do raiders zig-zag to avoid them?
>>
>>154298019
I'll answer in his stead
1) Yes. (He uses wood, which has the shittiest damage. Awful idea.)
2) No.
>>
>>154297784
it is perma and i gave him luci his walking speed was 34 tiles per sec and the global working speed was almost 300% the construction speed was 3300 something %
>>
>>154298164
What material should I use? just whatever stone blocks?
>>
>>154299030

Yep, limestone is pretty good I quess also granite is also good.
>>
>>154299030
Actually, deadfall traps are one of the few items where the material progression makes sense.

Plasteel > Uranium > Steel >>> stones >>> wood

Wood does 18 damage, plasteel 72. That's the scale of things here. Stone types are around 30-40 depending on hardness.
>>
>>154299030
Don't listen to memers. If you're playing as tribal and have no access to turrets you should be building them out of steel. A single personal shield raider can trump through way too many wooden traps. Post turrets you shouldn't be using them too much at all since reaming them poses a risk to your colonists.
>>
>>154299806
This is actually good advice. Steel deadfall traps are very much worth it. But if you find an early source of plasteel or uranium, use those instead.
>>
Should i keep this one? Seems like an allround talent, could use them for a statue sweatshop since none of my current colonists has any artsy skills.
Then again she's got an awful personality.
>>
>>154301694
Why not? Just remember give your best bedroom to her and she'll be okay.
>>
Randy is so much fucking easier than cassandra
>>
>social class system when?
>forced prisoner work when?

I dont want my people to be mixed up with those dirty tribals.
>>
>>154301951
No shit, Cass is designed to fuck you in the ass.
If you want to play against time then get one of those "x days to apocalypse" scenarios. Much more fun.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>154137601
saddest story ever told
>>
File: 1296674476283.png (17KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1296674476283.png
17KB, 520x520px
>>154150614
>Getting attacked by a mechanoid
>Single chicken struts in front of it
>It opens fire on the chicken, missing all its shots
>Colonists safely take it out while the chicken tanks
>>
So.. my components somehow keep randomly dissapearing. Like i literally had 3 the day before and now its gone. No broken down electronics or component recipes either.

Is it possible for people to steal my components?
>>
>>154137601
when did this general crop up?
>>
>>154304143
Are you sure your whole storage area is roofed? Or maybe you have something being built on the edge of the map that you forgot about?
>>
>>154304143
Maybe a dog ate it.
>>
>>154304143
Raiders can steal shit but you'd probably notice that. It's probably just a building project or crafting bill you forgot about.
>>
File: wtfComponents.png (1MB, 1185x1043px) Image search: [Google]
wtfComponents.png
1MB, 1185x1043px
>>154304420
>>154304756
>>154304846
Every storage area is roofed, also everyone is restricted to my base area, so even if there was a random build at the edge of the map, they wouldn't be able to do it. Also rechecked all of my bills, none require component. Anything in my base that could be secretly stealing components?

This shit is driving me mad, almost ready to devmode my components back
>>
File: herewegoagain.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
herewegoagain.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Arid shrub lands never again.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-09-09 21.59.27.png (2MB, 1928x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-09-09 21.59.27.png
2MB, 1928x1064px
Well this is the first time I see a herd of elks literally drink themselves to death.
>>
>arid shrub beach
>basebuilder
>max comf
glass n windows mod update when?
>>
File: FUCKINGBITCH.png (394KB, 712x729px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKINGBITCH.png
394KB, 712x729px
>>154305350
YOU MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>154307990
Arrest criminal scum.
>>
File: timeForRape.png (671KB, 706x585px) Image search: [Google]
timeForRape.png
671KB, 706x585px
>>154308071
Nah, prison is too good for them. I've been waiting to make a component generator for 2 seasons now.
>>
>>154308449
goddamit, why can't I just shoot them?
>>
File: goodbye batteries.jpg (803KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye batteries.jpg
803KB, 1920x1080px
who /shipreactor/ here

no more batteries
no more power fluctuations
no more eclipse
no more zzzt
>>
>>154301694
>Abrasive
Give her her own shift, apart from morning owls and night owls.
>>
At least he isn't lazy.
>>
File: 463624748246.jpg (293KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
463624748246.jpg
293KB, 1360x768px
is there any trick to make your gunners better? mine barely hit shit despite 14+ in shooting

also some generall raiding tips?
pic related is my latest save im relatively new but it semi works so far

>start is going nice and some random joins my people (married couple + another female)
>have a couple of easy raids, then someone with molotovs and a launcher nearly burning half of my base down, capture one of them
>get msg of someone wanting to join me but hes being followed by raiders
>its the married guys father
>take him in but the married female loses a leg in the fight
>thankfully the guys father is doctor and gets the operation done without problems
>next raid is 4 guys 3 armed with guns
>lose pet 2 people downed and the single starting female died because they miss 90% of their shots while the enemy hits every second
>some random buck/doe that have been living in a herd near my base since the start join me for no reason
>>
File: corm.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
corm.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
Corn or rice, /rwg/?
>>
>>154311154
rice
>>
>>154311154
potatoes
>>
Is it possible to know what the recruitment difficulty of a prisoner is before capturing them?

I'm getting a bunch of 99% assholes and I'd rather kill them on the spot.
>>
>>154311154
rice if you need food fast and have a cook OR if you are doing hydroponics
corn for long-term
>>
Yo, guys. Gimme a name for my colony.

>>154312409
Tribals are usually 99%.

>>154311154
Corn.
>>
>>154158440
just attack it with all your colonists asap while they're still weak
>>
>>154311126
Your gunners aren't the problem, you are.

The game has very clear tooltips with all the factors contributing to accuracy of each shot. Please study them and put that knowledge to good use the next time you micro your gunners.
>>
>>154312851
colon-y
>>
>>154302021
There's a lot this game needs in terms of QoL functions
>can't set minimum crafting skill for furniture to ensure the hospital bed is crafted by the best builder
>can't restrict the food prisoners get so i can feed them raw corn
>can't use proper formations when selecting drafted colonists for movement

>>154311154
Strawberries.
>>
Friendly reminder that in 15c there's a bug where colonist attributes fail to update after a health condition changes. If you start the game with cryptosleep sickness you'll have reduced consciousness and manipulation even after it's gone. You have to reload the game to make your stats go back to normal. You can also make your colonists snort yayo and they'll have the movement speed bonus forever, as long as you don't reload the game, which makes combat really easy.
>>
I don't have a comms bench yet. How to make more traders come to me? There's three friendly factions, a hostile tribal one I'm working on making friendly and the pirates.
>>
>>154313316

>can't set minimum crafting skill for furniture to ensure the hospital bed is crafted by the best builder

Fucking this so much. I hate having to manually follow them around to ensure my 15 construction pawn does the beds.
>>
>>154313034
I've had gunners with 18+ shooting miss people completely out in the open numerous times.

Be honest with the guy and at least tell him that no matter how well he plays it his pawns will miss almost half of the time anyway.
>>
>>154313837
the "quality builder" mod does exactly that
>>
File: git gud.png (115KB, 307x451px) Image search: [Google]
git gud.png
115KB, 307x451px
>>154313912
>Be honest with the guy and at least tell him that no matter how well he plays it his pawns will miss almost half of the time anyway.
Wrong.

Same advice to you as well, mate. It's fairly easy to engineer conditions that put your defenders at extremely advantageous positions.

Here's an example of what a sniper duel should look like. 63% vs 4% THC. My colonist here has 10 shooting skill, the enemy has 8.
>>
>>154314723
Alright. I was wrong with almost half the time. I should have said they will hit just over half the time. You did the fucking math for me. Even in a good setup it's only a 63% chance of hitting.
>>
>>154315010
I said her skill is only 10, you mentioned 18+.

But nevertheless, at 63% vs 4% the chances of you losing (or even being wounded) are already very low.
>>
File: 1359838428989.gif (423KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1359838428989.gif
423KB, 640x480px
>mysterious blight
>haven't planted any food in a while, still living on what i still have stored
>only thing affected are my healroot field (of which i still have 200+ in coldstorage) and my town center garden
>my massive devilstrand field is completly untouched
>>
>>154314723
And keep in mind that all weapons except high quality survival/sniper rifles have less than 100% inherent accuracy.

It's easy to bring enemy hit chance down to to near-zero while keeping yours maximized.
>>
>>154315691
Gemäßigte Biom?
>>
>>154316504
Hot jungle nudist camp.
>>
>>154315691
>having any healroot in storage
Out of neuroamine?
>>
File: enxpansice.png (40KB, 950x369px) Image search: [Google]
enxpansice.png
40KB, 950x369px
shiet
>>
>>154317003
No idea what that is, i'm still playing on A13 with some handpicked mods to satisfy my autistic needs and fetishes.

>>154317159
Ya never gonna sell that for full price.
>>
>>154317159
Noice, instant epic room of your choice.

>>154317508
You can craft medicine from healroots. And a variety of other drugs.
>>
>>154184529
I had to even write part of a research paper on this, good to know someone else cares
>>
File: boomrats.png (897KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
boomrats.png
897KB, 1920x1080px
sometimes the game just sends 20 manhunting boomrats ;_;
>>
>>154320268
Rest in peace Barbara.
>>
File: rip varvara.png (611KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rip varvara.png
611KB, 1920x1080px
>>154320587
she was the best girl ;_;
>>
File: 1454166339501.jpg (35KB, 375x357px) Image search: [Google]
1454166339501.jpg
35KB, 375x357px
>Ibex goes mad
>Starts attacking a colonist
>hunter shoots at it
>Misses and instantly kills colonist
>colonist's dog goes mad
>1-hits hunter
>starts going after the two remaining colonists
Everything was going perfect up until this
>>
Which objects should I place in a killbox to slow down intruders without giving them too much cover?
>>
>>154321918
such is life on the rimworlds
>>
File: surgery.jpg (55KB, 999x535px) Image search: [Google]
surgery.jpg
55KB, 999x535px
>colonist has kidney infection (minor)
>think that it will kill him because tribal
>escape pod drops by and i capture her
>add bill: remove kidney
>failed catastrophically

God dammit
>>
>>154324440
>gunshots

it was prolly previous wounds but i just got an image of the doctor shooting up the patient from frustration
>>
How do I stop fucking visitors from stealing my food?
>>
>>154324440
>Add bill: remove kidney
>Failed catastrophically
>Heard - removed
I'd shoot your doc in the head. I mean accidents happen but that fucker mistook heart for kidney.
>>
>>154326562
Kill them and make them into food,eat them if your cannibals,if not feed them to pigs and eat the pigs.
>>
>>154326753
>heard
fuck me and everything I stand for... I meant heart.
>>
>>154292339
Are you seriously asking if I'm going all MUH IP DONU STEAL over a /vg/ joke mod I threw together in 5 minutes?

Please go ahead and do whatever you want! I doubt you need/want my sources, it was just a quick and dirty hack.
>>
>>154326753
To be fair we're talking about tribal doctors,they probably haven't even figured out how to make shirts yet.
>>
>>154326893
Pretty sure you meant herd. The doc decided asking him to perform surgery with stone age tech was retarded so he stole some animals and left
>>
>>154326903
Based Anon is based.

Next version of Flokos* will have the rocky alphabeavers plus simple prosthetic stuff.

*I've decided to rename SSC Tweaks
>>
>>154326753
>>154326913
>Now then... what the fuck was a kidney?
>>
File: colony.png (3MB, 1907x1015px) Image search: [Google]
colony.png
3MB, 1907x1015px
I'm going to keep posting my colony to trigger the min maxing autists in this general

5 years in, randy random on rough

Maybe ive gotten very lucky. Or maybe the game doesn't require you to min max every little thing. Who knows.

Still haven't had a ZZT event, just breakdowns.
>>
>>154324440
Everytime, why do you expect your doctor to be able to remove his kidney while in the fucking DARK and TINY piss of shit room you call an operating bed. Please think about the conditions your doctor is operating before you start blaming RNG.
>>
>>154327328
Out of curiosity, where are the diet types defined? I couldn't find it so I just added rocks to the dendrivore diet.
>>
>>154327569
he had 11 medical
>>
>>154327562
>rough randy
Yeah, you need nothing but a bit of luck to get through that.

Amazing though that you haven't gotten a SINGLE conduit explosion in 5 years. With that silly batterystack, it could kill your entire colony at once if it hit a good spot.
>>
I've landed on a map with a lot of rich soil in one of the corners. I'm tempted to build my base there but wouldn't it be risky, since I would be too close to the spawn area to react to dangerous manhunters/raids?
>>
>>154328290
How close to a corner? You can't build anything within 10 tiles of map edge. If most of the soil is >10 away from map edge, build your base there and wall the corner off.
>>
FUCKING DOGS STOP EATING MEAT FROM MY FREEZER
>>
File: rich soil.png (668KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rich soil.png
668KB, 1920x1080px
>>154328528
I want it anon.
>>
>>154327802
I'll check it, BRB.
>>
>>154328773
Definitely go for it. Walling off the corner neatly will be annoying though with that lake there.
>>
>escape pod lands on top of my potatoes
that's new
>>
>>154327802
Sorry by the late. It looks hardcoded, pic related.
>>
>>154327856
11 is nothing. Even the best surgeon in the world can't do a surgery successfully all the time in the basement of some organ dealer. For the love of god, the conditions of the surgery account for more than half the success rate so get some better surgery rooms.
>>
>>154327802
>>154330683
That said, here's something really ugly and hackish I'll try:

The only food inside the foodType "Seeds" is rice. If animals are able to eat it raw, I'll change it to the same as potato; if they aren't, I'll change it to none. Then I'll use the "Seeds" tag for chunks, so I can make petrabeavers to eat it without messing with alphabeavers and thrumbos. I need to test it though (I either plant corn or potatoes, so I don't know)
>>
>>154328683
>FUCKING DOGS STOP EATING MEAT FROM MY FREEZER
This is how I failed my first few goes
Then I learned how to zone them properly
>>
>>154331639
Not him, but do you need to give them access to a place so they haul stuff _to_ said place? Or just _from_ that place?
>>
>>154331867
> _to_ said place
Yes.
>>
>>154331867
Colonists and animals can't even breathe in unallowed areas.
>>
Is Randy harder than Cassandra at the hardest levels?
>>
>>154147328
Except this guy was too smart double flame.
However, since he was the guy that got infected, the shitty back-up medic had to take care of him.
>>
>>154147328
Is there a way to destroy Human Meat so no one eats it after they are butchered? I fugure I might as well use the skin of my pirate victims if I'm going to get thier organs, but I don't nessisary want to be a cannibal.

Does wearing/selling human skin gear give debuffs too all pawns?
>>
>>154147328
>>154334443
have i been playing Doctor Mengele Simulator this whole time and i didnt knowi t
>>
>>154334443
You can forbid people from interacting with it.

You don't get debuffs for using/selling human leather but human leather is shitty and you get a debuff for butchering human corpses.
>>
>no shift-click to add tens or hundreds to bills
it's shit, especially with things like Pemmican.
>>
>>154335927
Go to details and look at the bottom left, there should be an option to add multiples.
>>
>>154333204
Randy is generally easy

You can get a gentle as fuck early game, the only issue is no reliable traders early
>>
File: 1470963935785.jpg (17KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
1470963935785.jpg
17KB, 200x198px
>mechanoid raid
>12 centipedes 1 scyther
>>
>>154336552
Thanks
>>
what happens if bugs show up in a cavern right next to an ancient evil box?
>>
>>154337274
they fight
>>
Does the materials beds are made from make a difference for the beauty (barring silver and gold) or comfort?
>>
>>154337983
Wood is the most comfortable.
>>
File: huh.png (1MB, 851x989px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
1MB, 851x989px
Not sure how I did it but messing with the Prepare Carefully Mod I manage to land with two Markys... I did save then load her character and you can see they have different hair color. huh.
>>
>>154338852
are you sure you have enough food anon ?
>>
>>154338852
One of the Marky's is Ash's sister - and has Iron Will Psycopath and Industrious. The other isn't her sister and has Iron Will Psycopath and Bloodlust. I renamed her. Hoping for some good emergent gameplay.
>>
can any of the epoe brain implants/surgeries change traits ?
>>
Oh it looks like you can use Prepare Carefully to just start the game with as many pawns as you want.

Huh.

What's a good number? I want to do a psychopath run I guess.
>>
>>154340994
huh
>>
So randy seems to play like Phoebe but with the odd bit of challenge every now and then

Is that accurate to everyone else's experiences?
>>
>>154341442
Usually the rng evens out over long games, but randy doesn't care about timing, you can get 12 manhunting wargs in the first day and then 3 raiders with excellent sniper rifles.
>>
File: BlanketsForWolfHobo.png (304KB, 616x559px) Image search: [Google]
BlanketsForWolfHobo.png
304KB, 616x559px
Damn, Randy can just be cruel with drop pods sometimes
>>
>>154342259
I love it when that cunt sends me human meat in drop pods.
>>
Are vents unable to completely even out the temperature between two rooms and its only to within 5 or so degrees or is it just that my cooler isnt strong enough to even them out
>>
>>154342858
Vents are shitty, the temperatures will never be actually equal. Get some mod.
>>
File: rimworld1.jpg (124KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
rimworld1.jpg
124KB, 1366x768px
this was my last base, I was going for comfy vibes. I was in the process of replacing the wooden palisade with a stone wall when a wolf attack made everything go to shit. Gonna try rich explorer in tundra, sounds comfy.
>>
>>154345378
> battery stacking
> filth everywhere
>>
>>154345378
>marriage spot on concrete with sandbags and blood around it
>>
>>154345378
>Wooden walls.
>>
File: 1301618648488.jpg (19KB, 324x241px) Image search: [Google]
1301618648488.jpg
19KB, 324x241px
What triggers the plague?

Animals in the house? Rotten food?
>>
>>154346172
>battery stacking

I've always done this, can someone show me a more elegant way?
>>
File: 1298338606553.png (145KB, 800x495px) Image search: [Google]
1298338606553.png
145KB, 800x495px
>>154311154
Doesn't it depend on the seed

like rice for the jungle/potatoes for the highlands and what not
>>
>>154348013
Existing in the jungle.
>>
>>154348045
I think he wants you to separate them with switches. Or maybe to uninstall them and keep in a stockpile until you need the power. Zzzt and wood walls are a bad combination.
>>
>>154348357
Bullshite, it's random. I just had the plague in boreal forest.
>>
>>154348591
the fuck
>>
>>154348645
the wooden support was destroyed and there was a cave-in
>>
File: widow.jpg (308KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
widow.jpg
308KB, 1920x1080px
>Colonists have gathered to celebrate!

>It ends with you burying your new husband and your best friend on your wedding night

I never asked for these feels
>>
So are you supposed to ration steel until you can smelt it?
>>
>>154349648
Ideally you should make most of your structures/furniture out of stone
>>
>harvest prisoner organs
>call slaver
>prisoner goes berserk after being sold
:^)
>>
>>154349648
Ignore the game's advice about sandbags
They're the steel sink that fucks you over
>>
Anyone have tips on managing someone's mood? I feel like every time I turn around someone's having a breakdown, but I feel pretty helpless in that regard. I feel like there's only so much you can do?

Some of the things under Needs you can't even control like if something/someone they love dies. What else can you do to help prevent breakdowns?
>>
>>154352147
force smoking of smokeleaf joints

15 mood bonus if you don't mind the movement penalty. just checked tonight by forcing a former psychite addict to smoke flake and it's mood bonus is 35
>>
>>154351174
>incap pirate raider
>notice he has bionic arm
>bill added:remove bionic arm
>no mood penalty for removing
>later on, colonist has pyro attack
>lights bionic arm on fire in the night
>40% durability before put out
>much later on, hospital built
>attach bionic arm to colonist with destroyed humerus, manipulation 50%
>manipulation 120%
>fuck I love this game
>>
how do you take a screenshot ingame without all the steam bullshit? I took a shot of Comfy Canyon but I can't download it to post.
>>
>>154352796
the doctor also failed twice before being able to remove the (right) bionic arm. We sent him back home with surgical scars on his torso, right leg, left arm, and left leg, and an infection in his left leg. Happy trails, Tynan the Magician!
>>
>>154352992
i do it with the print button and paint.
>>
>>154202907
I harvest lots of wood early, to build floors and fuel campfires/smithies. You always have a ton early -game when you clear your liebensraum anyways. I always try to save using electricity early on so i can charge and uninstall a battery early on
>>
>>154206850
>muffalos
>boomrats
>boomalopes
>mega-whatever-insects
>thrumbos
>megatherium
>an entire plethora of RL creatures from all over the world

some kids are just never happy
>>
>>154353252
thanks buddy
>>
any recommended mods for a medieval run ? custom made story tellers ?
>>
>>154352518
Awesome. I'll give that a try, thanks.
>>
File: cold.jpg (5KB, 153x102px) Image search: [Google]
cold.jpg
5KB, 153x102px
Lads I miss summer :(
>>
>>154355838

Its never going to come anon, winter will last forever. Expect summer to be -39C if you are feeling optimistic.
>>
>>154355934
you freeze very fast if you go out.
Any way how bear with this temperature?
>>
>>154356026
>bear this temperature
>polar bearskin parkas
>>
>>154276143
>Medieval lord
>Dislikes women

Sounds like elliot rodgers
>>
>>154242242

This is why you keep animals in a room with multiple heaters, so they get heatstroke and can't do anything.
>>
>>154261890

Keep the married people separated from everyone else. No more problems.
>>
How fucking long are toxic fallouts?
It said something about being up to a month, but I have no idea how time in this game works.

I'm just about out of food at this point..
>>
>>154360193
Oh, it just ended.
After 8 game days. I was just finishing up my indoor farm too.
>>
>>154360193
1 day = 24h
1 season = 15 days
1 year = 4 seasons
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Events#Toxic_Fallout
the wiki is pretty nice for vanilla information
>>
>>154312285

Hydroponics only allow rice, not corn.
>>
>>154312851

Rimjobbia.
>>
>>154356026

>>154356839

Parkas and hats made of something warm and fuzzy, usually. Don't forget the wooly shirts and pants.
>>
how the fuck do i use coolers in a sealed multiroom complex?

Do i have coolers cool individual rooms and have their back ends dump heat into a hallway, and then use a cooler or two to cool the hallway with those back ends pointed to the outside?
>>
>>154362507

Just make tiny rooms with no roofs where you dump the heat. Or, you know, put roofs in them and call them saunas.
Thread posts: 770
Thread images: 115

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.