[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rwg/ - RimWorld General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 763
Thread images: 108

File: 1470599192846.jpg (556KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470599192846.jpg
556KB, 1920x1080px
http://rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: http://ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: http://pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

Previous thread >>153343303
>>
Is the Less Crippling Moods mod updated for A15?
>>
>negative moodlets for selling prisoners
that doesn't make any sense
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (546KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
546KB, 1920x1040px
i am worried about david guys, he is living a hard life
dementia + frail and cant score any of the chicks
in the meantime arthur is banging whoever he likes
>>
Wait, what the fuck? I'm using an electric smelter and it's not actually generating any heat - heat is around 75 degrees with it turned on. Is the wiki wrong here?
>>
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0

And there go my hopes I could simply inherit Defs from vanilla...
>>
i am making more shitty ms paint comics and i need more ideas that are actually funny

i am currently doing one on how colonists are sad when evil raiders are sold as slaves
>>
(It's for a test world.)
>>
A15 CCL when?
>>
>>153528259
It doesn't - I just tested it. I think the wiki is mistaken.

>>153530490
Are you daleksdeservevictory by any chance?
Regardless. Dark humour would be nice - something with a psychopath butchering corpses:

>other colonist: EWWWWW!
Then when he makes a hat
>same colonist as above: noice hat gonna totally wear it!
>>
File: comic.png (9KB, 465x115px) Image search: [Google]
comic.png
9KB, 465x115px
>>153531607
>Are you daleksdeservevictory by any chance?
i don't know who that is so probably not

concerning the butchering thing, i made this which is pretty similar
>>
>>153531685
Ah, nevermind. The art style is different, pic related.
https://www.reddit.com/user/daleksdeservevictory

About the comic: then I don't know, something with toxic fallout maybe? Bored colonists?
>>
File: 1412128093162.png (539KB, 2551x2576px) Image search: [Google]
1412128093162.png
539KB, 2551x2576px
>>153526910
>new lovers
>sometimes they make love every night
>sometimes they don't

What is the deciding factor in this?
>>
File: 1454898253107.jpg (39KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1454898253107.jpg
39KB, 374x347px
>>153532385
>>sometimes they make love every night
>>
>>153532452
sorry I was talking about different couples.
>>
does anyone know how long you can go without the new glitter drug? i mean until death because someone mentioned it only being a few hours and that kinda kills that for me
>>
are there any graphics mods to this? looks like prison architect... so it looks like shit
>>
>>153533673
If you're not using A15c the addiction is broke and never activates

If it's working correctly then you should only need one pill every six or seven days

>>153533748
there aren't so fuck off
>>
File: 1451399034372.jpg (26KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451399034372.jpg
26KB, 800x600px
>>153533748
>>
>>153533790
sad world.
>>
>>153533790
im using the steam version so i assume its the latest with addiction but 6-7 days sounds actually manageable
>>
>>153533817
not even memeing. i was gonna buy it till i saw those
>>
>>153533912
They're found almost always in tombs now, and raiders sometimes drop them. It's not that hard to keep it going as long as you stockpile a dozen or so first

I suggest getting lots of goodwill with an outlander town so you can request caravans with the 'exotic' type, since they usually carry some
>>
>>153533981
>i was gonna buy it
how did you get the idea to buy it without spending 1 sec to look at the visuals fuck you prison architect is good
>>
>>153534095
i bought already 55 from dif traders but i feared with a few hours betweeen pills that i wont get new ones fast enough
>>
>>153534254
yeah you should be set for like years with that many
>>
>>153533981
Pirate it, play it a bit, then check if you do want to buy it or not. Problem solved.
>>
whats the best way to defend myself? so far i usually build small defense positions on chokepoints with 3-4 turrets + sandbags , deathfalls and IEDs all with own energy supply ofc
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-09-01 08.48.05.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-09-01 08.48.05.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Baited a raid into attacking psychic ship mechanites.

Now I don't have to risk anyone.
>>
For Boreal, do you guys prefer mountainous or large hills?

I can't friggin' decide.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-09-01 08.51.58.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-09-01 08.51.58.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>153534609
Looks like swarm tactics work.
>>
File: 1446450855825.jpg (142KB, 569x422px) Image search: [Google]
1446450855825.jpg
142KB, 569x422px
>>153534609
> Saved as GayLoliVillage
>>
>>153534934
Yes, I started with 5 15 year old gay tribal females.
>>
File: 1462042296010.png (9KB, 315x269px) Image search: [Google]
1462042296010.png
9KB, 315x269px
>>153535162
>15
>loli
>>
>>153535270
It was the lowest I could go, unfortunately.
>>
Why is there no way to selectively strip gear
I only need the superior armor vest I don't want your awful cloth tuque god damn it
>>
>>153535542
You mean for stripping prisoners? Just completely strip them and make a stockpile of tribal cloths inside the prison, that way they'll have some clothes on and you can take their shit. Then you can just incinerate what you don't want.
>>
>>153533981
It looks better in motion. My first impressions was similar - I thought that it looked kind of bland and dumb - but 5 minutes playing and I fell in love. Give it a try before you dismiss it just because of the graphics.
>>
Is combat realism working with A15 yet? Anyone got a link?
>>
As I mess with RimWorld modding, I realize how shit the XML idea was. For example, see this mod:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10623.msg105062#msg105062
It does something really simple, right? It changes only the label and description of the plant. One would expect the mod to be something like

<ThingDef>
_<defName>PlantHealroot</defName>
_<label>Xerigium</label>
_<description>Xerigium is [...]</description>
</ThingDef>

And then you'd think the game would see both Core mod and his mod have the defName and override the label and description.

Right? WRONG! Copypasta, copypasta the whooooole ThingDef, even if it ruins compatibility.
>>
is there a way to turn dry ground wet? is that what moisture pump does?
>>
>>153537248
No, it's the other way around. Moisture pump turns swamp and shallow water into arable land.
>>
>forgot to turn on permadeath

FUCK
also deserts are the most fun biome in the game
>>
>>153537443
>also deserts are the most fun biome in the game
haha you must have confused arid shrubland with deserts

simple mistake
>>
>>153537443
>>153537496
why are deserts and/or scrub fun
>>
>>153538717
looks nicer because there aren't any four foot tall trees, mountain bases are cool as hell, megascarab taming, dusters and cowboy hats

boreal forest is a close second though
>>
>order a building to be demolished
>go for a toilet break
>return to see my 3 colonists injured
>head injuries from falling roof

yea I didn't expect them to deconstruct while inside the building
>>
>>153535162
None of them were gay mate. Maybe Ayano at best, but even then I'm not certain.
>>
>>153539432
>looks nicer
only your opinion
>dusters and cowboy hats
i make dusters on all maps because they are worth more. as soon as they hit 50% i sell them.
since they are more work to do than jackets you can train your tailor faster. it's not like you swim in fabric in the early game.

i see cowboyhats as some kind of stupid must have in the lategame because of the social bonus. it's stupid.
i play with no hats mod anyways because sameface.

>megascarab taming
only animals I care to tame are wargs, boars, muffalos, cows and alpacas

boreal forest is by far the best looking biome but rather easy because of different reasons. too bad tundra looks so fucking empty
>>
>>153540104
>only animals I care to tame are wargs, boars, muffalos, cows and alpacas
but that's only your opinion :^)
>>
>>153539756
>china sue
>not gay
>>
>>153526910
Where's your electricity coming from?
>>
>>153540896
In the middle of the concrete, obviously.

I try to do the same with my power lines to prevent fires, but can usually only manage that very late in the game as it's extremely steel demanding.
>>
>>153540998
I can see the power lines, but
why are the generators outside?
>>
>>153540241
The way China's gayness is usually inferred has one major flaw in that it misses the point of her seemingly homoerotic affection. She's not attracted to Yui's feminine side - in all her delusions Yui appears as a hypermasculine fantasy, and masculinity - even that of a woman - cannot be a point of attraction for a lesbian, at least not in a strong sense. It is therefore apparent that China is straight and that she acts the way she acts only because she was put in an artificial world where there's no actual men to display the masculinity she so badly craves.
>>
>>153541146
Girls who are attracted to butch girls aren't lesbians in the strong sense.
>>
>>153541146
While occasionally raping girls.
>>
How big of an issue is food in desert biomes when starting as tribals? I don't imagine you can farm anywhere.
>>
Since bulk goods merchants can be called whenever and since they buy crops like corn and hops, it is saddeningly pointless to create a drug empire for profit purposes. You earn substantially less for your land/work/time by making products than just selling the raw materials.

I'm probably late to the show but it looks like there's little point in doing anything besides growing corn and makes simple meals and then selling those for silver, if you're just after silver. The profit per tile of crop per day is just so much higher than everything else. At 4.13 silver per tile per day for corn on 100% fertility soil made into a simple meal. Compared to, say, Smokeleaf, which is 0.71 silver per tile per day on 100% fertility soil when made into Joints.

Cotton might be competitive once made into clothing by a high skill crafter with bionic parts but even that is extremely dubious given the difficulty in scaling production and the long periods of work to produce anything.
>>
>>153542881
Not a huge problem. There's some soil and gravel to farm on, easily enough to support 5 settlers through the year. Go hunting for meat to make pemmican with and you nearly double the nutritional value of what crops you can grow, since pemmican uses 0.25 plant nutrition and 0.25 meat nutrition to make 0.9 nutrition. Just don't keep too many animals around.
>>
>>153542927
there should be a drug dealer mod for A15

you have orbital merchants willing to buy space opium by the bulk and space federal agents can be sent to raid your shit
>>
How do you keep your base heated/cooled, /rwg/?
>>
>>153543187
I have two iguanas on the map.
>>
>psychic ship
>shoot it
>mechanoids just hang around and don't even aggro my snipers
>kill them in seconds in 3x speed

what? since when do they don't even aggro anything outside their firing range?

also what's the best way to deal with mechanoids? Fire, like infestations?
>>
>>153543498
Overwhelming firepower.
>>
Ahaha

RIP colony
>>
>>153544050
you should have taken in those shitters that can fight anon
>>
>>153543347
Dromedaries and alpacas should start to spawn sooner or later. You might see rhinos and elephants too. Elephants usually won't fight back unless they do and then suddenly the entire herd wants you dead.

>>153543498
Since A13 at least. They won't pursue anyone outside of a set range beyond the ship. Mechanoids are particularly weak to sniper fire. I think they're basically immune to temperature, their comfortable range is something obscene like -5000c to +5000c or some non-sense. Someone with a pistol can use hit and run tactics to really mess them up. Once you have EMP grenades you can fling a bunch before spawning them to stun them. Otherwise they aren't weak to any particular strategy and centipedes will absorb hits from deadfall traps like there's no tomorrow.
>>
>>153544050
>getting closer to end of the second year
>only 4 colonists
>HURR DURR you can only afford to recruit top notch colonists
>>
>>153542927
It's kinda ridiculous that Corn on a cob are worth so much and other plant products are worth so little. I don't think it would hurt much if the price for meals and corn was lowered since traders rarely bring alot anyway but there's basically no other form of agriculture that can match them.
>>
>>153544050
2 Psychic Insanity lances and some good cover would've made this an easy fight actually. If you have any pets that can go into melee with the triple rocket guys you can get them to blow themselves and their allies up. Alternatively have someone go in melee and sacrifice themselves.
>>
>>153545393
>2 Psychic Insanity lances and some good cover would've made this an easy fight actually.
yes, because every good colonie has a 3D printer so that you can download the schemes for psychic insanity lances from the internet and print it before the raiders are getting close to the good cover
>>
>>153545360
Corn was nerfed. Raw corn is actually worth slightly less than raw hops now and both can be sold to bulk traders, which can be called as often as you'd like at comm stations. Beer is a huge profit cut for hops though (it goes from 3.78 silver per tile per day to 0.81 if you turn it into Wort then Beer because of the 10 day long fermentation) while simple meals are decent profit up for corn.

But you're still right. Unless the map is nothing but gravel you just want to grow corn. If it is all gravel you grow potatoes.
>>
>>153545506
You had ample time to build a comm station, call in an exotic goods trader or combat trader, and buy a couple of lances for 300-500 silver each. They're not a mythical object that must be saved for the final boss, they're a combat resource like calling in support from allied towns. Utilize your resources better.
>>
>Utilize your resources better.
you want to tell me to invest so much money in singleuse items and tell me to utilize my ressources better?

he has got the ressources to build 5 gun turrets and build pillboxes for them. he should have invested his 2000 silver in a good defense once to "utilize his ressources better".
>>
>>153542881
Update on this.

It wasn't an issue, potatoes grow really fast even in gravel, and there were lots of agave plants on the map which helped in the very beginning.

I guess I'll try ice sheet next for some actual challenge.
>>
>>153530490
I've always wanted a comparison image of Tynan and Toady to troll /dfg/
>>
>>153546548
ice sheet is fuck ass boring as soon as you have food income running
>>
>>153540104
>it's not like you swim in fabric in the early game.

>not making an 8x8 cotton zone ASAP
>>
>>153546120
Some targets can shift a fight from an easy win to losing fast. It's a good idea to have security measures for when those targets show up. Enemies with triple rocket launchers and skilled shooters with sniper rifles can easily knock out your defenses or kill some colonists. It's better to just have a way to deal with them than to take that risk.

It's just like being prepared for infestations, sieges, sappers, and mechanoids. A bit of planning goes a long way.

I have yet to run a colony where I get to just build a few turrets and not have to worry about invaders. Even with a single entrance the game sets up scenarios where you have to deal with complications.
>>
>>153547039
>A bit of planning goes a long way.
but yet the first thing you say is to blow money on single use items

>I have yet to run a colony where I get to just build a few turrets and not have to worry about invaders

and you are dumb if you think a few turrets will do it. the whole map is yours. defender's advantage.
build outposts with turrets where your snipers can fallback after taking out lone runners or high value targets.
i'm playing on cassandra extreme permadeath and randy extrem permadeath and never had to rely on killboxes.

single entrance bases are actually by far harder to defend. you get to split up the raiders by setting different travellengths.

A bit of planning goes a long way. Utilize your ressources better and you don't have to rely on artifacts
>>
File: Malaria kicks in.jpg (602KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Malaria kicks in.jpg
602KB, 1920x1080px
A Malaria Epidemy came over 5 of my people.
My modern awesome Hospital wasn't prepared for this. Also it seems that the only good way to have a good amount of devilstrand is to dedicate huge areas to it.
This should be able to give me 2k per year.

How are my survival chances with Malaria?
>>
>>153547984
where are your defenses lad
>>
>>153547917
>single entrance bases are actually by far harder to defend

This.

Wall my base up, then build 3-4 entrances that are either trapped with Deadfalls/IED's with sandbag trenches supported with walls and turrets plus a couple of mortars for bigger swarms of enemies.

Making only ONE killbox (if you're not full on dorf making your base in a mountain) is fucking extremely hard to defend, especially when you'll get swarmed by 20+ tribals.
>>
File: kidneytransplant.jpg (414KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kidneytransplant.jpg
414KB, 1920x1080px
Will he survive the operation
>>
>>153548240
I play basebuilder. I don't need defenses.
This is comfy town rp.
>>
>>153548657
>4 people go through trigger's bedroom
damn his death would relieve that pain
>>
>>153548756
it's cool play the way you want to
>>
Does time limit on luciferium gets put on hold if you put a person in cryosleep? Can i replace my brawlers' everything with bionics, give him a new shiny scyther blades, pump him full of drugs and keep him in a freezer until raid comes?
>>
>>153547917
>but yet the first thing you say is to blow money on single use items
Yeah, his town is 2 years in and he's losing to 2 guys with triple rocket launchers. You bet I said to use something that would basically hard counter them.

I haven't actually tried setting up things like sniper boxes as raiders, siegers, and sappers generally are never issues. Even tribals aren't too bad if you can run them through a gauntlet of deadfall traps or meet them with a dozen large predator pets. Hit and run tactics in general can be great as long as you can outpace your targets though, so I believe you on that.

That said, your statement was clearly that all he needed was a few turrets to handle that raid. I still rebuff you in that 4 colonists and 5 turrets are going to struggle against that many raiders with those weapon loadouts. There's no reason to risk the lives of your colonists when silver is so easy to get and artifacts are so common.
>>
File: 20160901131509_1.jpg (303KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160901131509_1.jpg
303KB, 1600x900px
>green thumb grower/artist gets brain damage
>becomes deaf mute but gets 135% enhanced manipulation

welp, time to give him bionic arms
>>
>>153549003
yes
>>
>>153549028
>That said, your statement was clearly that all he needed was a few turrets to handle that raid.

that's what you think? my response to you saying 'utilize your ressources better' was that he clearly has the capability to build a good defense long time and didn't use it.

are you projecting something into what i say that clearly is not there?
>>
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17285.0
>raid enters big empty room leading to base
>trigger foam mine, it blocks entrance
>trigger sleep gas mines
>enter the room with gas masks and execute everyone
>>
>>153549412
No, I was being very literal even. I'm not sure what your beef is here when the obvious answer is that there are, obviously, multiple ways to handle a situation.

I'm just going to go ahead and call you an asshat and stop though. Have a nice night.
>>
>>153549593
How do you remove the solid foam walls? Mining them takes A LONG time.
>>
>>153549618
have a nice night and give your extra chromosome a good night kiss!
>>
>>153549663
blow them up ?
i havent played with the mod yet just found it on the forums and thought it was a cool idea
>>
>>153549938
>>153549663
You can actually kill people with the stuff, as it takes a few seconds for the foam to solidify. If any pawns are in the tile the moment the solidification hits 100%, it's instant death.
>>
Does the manual tailor bench affect quality or is it simply work speed?
>>
>>153550284
Work speed. It's 40% faster as it states. Or 40% slower than manual if no power. No reason not to use it if you have power.
>>
Will raiders and such make an attempt to break through two tile walls?
>>
>>153550469
If they come with a sapper, yes. Those fuckers will dig through the mountain to get to your base. Luckily, most of the raiders will attempt to attack your door/killzone instead of waiting for the sapper to dig.
>>
>>153550469
Mechanoid raiders can target walls but their targets are really random. Otherwise, like 153550607 said, just human sappers will. Everyone else picks targets like doors.
>>
how come theres a lot of screenshots of gameplay if not all the mods are updated
>>
>>153550726
Mechanoids and sometimes pirates will come in drop pods however. And they will crash right through your fucking roof, no shits given. Completely circumventing your kill zones and fancy trap layouts.

I'm not sure if they can break through natural cave roofs though.
>>
>>153550890
They can also spawn at the edge of a map like a standard raid. I'm pretty sure they can break through thin rock roofs but I'm not not sure if I've ever seen that happen.
>>
>>153550607
>most of the raiders will attempt to attack your door/killzone instead of waiting for the sapper to dig.

The one time I had a sapper raid they all stuck together and waited till the diggers are done blowing a hole in my walls.
>>
>>153550827
You're never gonna start if you wait for mods to be updated, just stick with whatever is available and play, most mods will work fine on existing saves anyway.
>>
Components was a mistake and finding them/assembling them was even worse.

I do not feel bad cheating in one or two.
>>
File: Fucking Green.jpg (633KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Green.jpg
633KB, 1920x1080px
My wife smokes all the weed even it is forbidden.
She is a stoner. A degenerate.

It's already her fith blunt she inhales.
Can she die from this?
>>
>>153551975
yeah keep telling that to yourself devmode scrub
>>
>>153551975
>He doesn't know how to run an economy so you can afford just to buy them
>>
>>153549003

Cryptosleep sickness is a bitch though.
>>
>>153552206
Except nobody is showing up for ages and when they do its just food and shitty clothing sold at high prices.
>>
>>153552376
you need to use comms and beacons for the trade ships.
>>
>>153552430
That literally just happened last week, mate.
>>
>>153552430
>Just trade with them
>Can't nobody have come around with parts for ages
>Just trade with them
Literally what m8?
>>
>>153552696
A15 introduces the ability to call for traders.
>>
>>153552696
In my Game they come mostly around summer.
>>
So how do I make incendiary IEDs work? I was thinking of building a room out of wood with wooden floors and everything and making the trap trigger so that the raid is all in when it goes off and my colonists could have a nice charred dinner afterwards. Anyone tried it, does it work?

>>153552038
Who is that fat fuck in the corner of your screen and why are you posting xer face on 4chen?
>>
>>153553116
no idea desu.
that's me btw
>>
>>153553617
Lose weight. And buy a new face.
>>
>>153553660
No :(
I'm comfy
>>
>>153553715
And most of all, stop attention whoring.
>>
>>153553768
that was a mistake desu.
>>
>>153553812
Then delete your fucking post and rid us of your ugly face.
>>
>>153553858
chill nigga you're making this bigger than it really is
>>
>>153553858
It's too old to delete desu.
>>
>raiders attack
>kill 2 of my colonists and critically wound the other 4
>two of those 4 recover but one of them gets an infection with no available medicine
>infected lady spends last few days trying to help out, recovered one enjoys the last bit of human company she may every have
>infected lady dies in her sleep
>left with only the house maid

Is this when Jesus comes?
>>
File: miner.png (29KB, 1021x769px) Image search: [Google]
miner.png
29KB, 1021x769px
I don't know about this one.
>>
>>153554828
Have him carve out your mountain base in under 2 days before he eventually croaks. High mining and 2 bionic arms are actually hilarious with how fast they mine.
>>
File: work speed.png (32KB, 950x754px) Image search: [Google]
work speed.png
32KB, 950x754px
>>153555006
That torso though.
>>
>>153555172
He doesn't need to live long, just long enough. Or get EPOE and build him a new spine.
>>
File: bad decisons.jpg (109KB, 1051x784px) Image search: [Google]
bad decisons.jpg
109KB, 1051x784px
i fucked up lads

no they aren't my pets

:(
>>
I spent one hour and thirty minutes planning my base on pause.

Is this normal? Send help.
>>
>>153555703
>only 90 minutes on planning
>>
File: literal autism.jpg (34KB, 418x440px) Image search: [Google]
literal autism.jpg
34KB, 418x440px
>>153555703
>only 33 days in

welcome to the club
>>
Honestly my favorite story teller this far is randy on rough

cassandra and phoebe you get used to the rhythm after a while and all the tension is gone

randy can and will fuck your shit up if you're not prepared
>>
File: Capture.png (54KB, 187x143px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
54KB, 187x143px
Psychopath Rich Explorer is fun.
>>
What can I do against Alzheimer?
>>
>>153557141
There was a mod for it somewhere, but I can't remember.
>>
Any reason why i shouldnt just leave the floor of my fridge sand to save on wood?
>>
>>153557141
Despair.
>>
>>153557251
Aslong as it's cool, none what so ever aside from aesthetic purposes.
>>
What is Opium in that Game?
>>
>>153557517

Yeah i didnt think so but my mind cant get away from the idea that storing raw meat in a place thats dirty should be killing my colonists
>>
I had to reroll chars for like 10 mins to get 3 psychopaths - now i'm slowly recruiting whoever I can with the psychopath trait. The colony is growing super slow so i've got barely any people and like an army of bootleg baby turtles I bought off IndianPirateMart(tm)

Is there any reasonable way of recruiting people with the psycho perk faster?
>>
>>153558085
You could've set a map condition that makes people more likely to have the psychopath trait.
>>
File: Screenshot_99.png (2MB, 1496x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_99.png
2MB, 1496x960px
>>153558085
here's a pic of my sorrow

Also give me any good candidate names for psychopaths, I think the next female will be mother Teresa
>>
>>153558171
Oh! I'll certainly try that if this plan goes balls up. Thank you!
>>
>>153558085
Prepare carefully is updated now
>>
File: Hoxha.png (587KB, 1280x1119px) Image search: [Google]
Hoxha.png
587KB, 1280x1119px
>>153558204

Enver Hoxha? bonus if he gets his own complex of useless bunkers
>>
File: Devilstrand standard.jpg (472KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Devilstrand standard.jpg
472KB, 1920x1080px
Finally everyone is a communist.
Devilstrand is just as red as communism and everyone wears it.

I got my Hands on some Luciferium. Maybe I let Green take it. It seems as easy to buy in big amounts.

Btw I installed the mod Guests but the Guests don't use my rooms.
>>
WHY THEY WON'T STOP GOING OUTSIDE TO PICK UP AND EAT BERRIES YOU HAVE 20 FINE MEALS RIGHT THERE IN THE FRIDGE WHY WON'T YOU EAT THAT INSTEAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
>>
>two traders that are hostile to each other visit

time to loot their dead muffalos
>>
>>153559491
because barriers will perish without refrigeration while your meals will last forever
they're doing you a favor by not wasting food
>>
>>153560092
Only packed survival meals don't need refrigeration. It's more likely that his fridge and table are too far for them to bother. Easier to eat the berries close by.
>>
>>153560163
are you capable of reading comprehension? peons prioritize food based on what's about to perish
>>
>>153558884
I can give him a complex of bunkers which he must navigate through daily to actually get to work
>>
>>153559318
looking good anon
>>
>>153528072
>not making tribal wear just to negate the debuff.
>>
i've never eaten off the ground in my life

who /sheltered/ here
>>
File: Defense.jpg (558KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Defense.jpg
558KB, 1920x1080px
It's time to build up a Defense!
I will try to go a diffculty level higher.

This may be not the best yet but it will develop. My wealth grows slowly but stadily just as the communist mushroom.I still don't get why guests don't use my Guests room. But whatever.
>>
File: seige.jpg (372KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
seige.jpg
372KB, 1920x1080px
This is the first time I've seen a siege instead of a raid.
They just keep pelting my measly line with artillery and then a fucking can drops out of the sky and re arms them with 10 more artillery when they run out. Is there a limit to their resources? Some guy from a random clan popped up to help and was immediately shot in the face
>>
Can climate cycle happen randomly or do I have to specify it in the scenario from the start?
>>
File: cumming2.jpg (35KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
cumming2.jpg
35KB, 271x288px
>when your crafter pushes out masterwork power armor after masterwork power armor
>>
>>153566687
there is a limit yes, they will eventually come and attack your colony
its better usually to just go and attack them unless you are full dwarf mode in a mountain
>>
>>153559761
I love when this happens, and I use any necessary means to make sure all factions hate each other but like me. (Except the pirates)
>>
>>153566687
When you're in doubt, a sniper rifle solves everything.
>>
File: aw shiet nigga.gif (444KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
aw shiet nigga.gif
444KB, 200x150px
>unlock deep driling
>find a fuckhuge vein of plasteel
>start pumping out power armors and bionic limbs by the dozen
>2 main crafters are godlike in a year

I'm debating making furniture out of plasteel at this point
>>
>>153566687

Im pretty sure ive seen another Anon say that by attacking at night you can catch them sleeping and do damage before scurring away. Not sure if the raiders treat their wounded during a siege i barely get them
>>
>>153572318
by attacking at night when they're sleeping you're sure you'll be doing damage first but you'll be missing your shots a whole bunch

you're better off parking as many snipers as you can behind decent cover and pick off their snipers first, the rest will be easy as fuck
>>
>>153572017
Do those veins run out of material?
And can you use deep drilling to get rocks?
>>
>>153572620
yes, but they take forever compared to surface mining
1 cell of deep digging can yield more than 1 stack of 75 IIRC
>>
I changed the strory teller in the options does this work during the game?

Still nothing happens. No attack, nothing :/
>>
>>153572620
also no, no rocks.
>>
>>153572620
yes they do run out, according to the video tynan released with a15 it's 500 resource per tile but i think he said somewhere that it got nerfed between release and recording of video
>>
>23 muffalo roaming around together
What are they planning
>>
>>153573340

to eat all of your crops if you dont wall them in
>>
>>153573340
They're waiting for the perfect time to strike.
>>
Should I release the mod as a single pack (then people remove what they don't want) or in separated pieces?
>>
>>153574221
Who are you even?
>>
>>153574449
Just some guy making some small mods for /rwg/ who doesn't intend to release them on the forums, steam or what have you.
>>
>>153574449
Also, I'm a regular here. [Albeit I almost never use the tripcode, for obvious reasons.]
>>
>>153573801
>not using 23 muffalo to powerlevel growing
>>
File: Toxic Fallout.jpg (558KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Toxic Fallout.jpg
558KB, 1920x1080px
Toxic Fallout came over my people.
I wasn't prepared for this emergency situation.
So now everyone is closed in the kitchen. I hope the mood penalty won't be deadly.

Otherwise I can only hope for the fallout to clean fast. I can make them One day closed in and one day free running.

We will see.
>>
>>153575041
Have one guy run around reinstalling beds and horseshoe pins in the kitchen. His memory will live on.
>>
>>153573104
>also no, no rocks.

>>153573170
>>153572986

You know what, I want to mod this shit.

Ideally I want a renewable resource production, even if it takes AGES; and a way to produce stones.
>>
>>153575210
>even it takes ages
Traders are essentially that.
>>
>>153574526
what kind of mods?
>>
>>153575041
Restrict them with the Area tool instead of locking the doors; that way, sometimes you can allow some to haul stuff from the outside.

Minor toxic fallout is safe; use this to your advantage. For example, HAUL THAT FUCKING RIFLE THERE!

If someone is getting cabin fever: draft the person, send them outside, wait until cabin fever is over, send them back in.

>>153575418
Traders don't bring chunks for my killbox, though.

>>153575454
Just small .XML tweaks. For a15, I'm planning to release the following:

Animal balances: buffed up muffalo milk and wool production, pigs as viable livestock, improved boar hauling.
Plants tweaks: hydroponic haygrass, devilstrand and corn. Grass and tall grass grow faster
Treated wool and cured leather: mainly as a way to unify stacks of the same stuff, but they are better than the average camelhair and chinchilla fur.
Preserves: compact food stuff. Sausages/pickles/cheese/preserved eggs stack up to 150 and take a while to rot.
Fluff: more carpets and a smoother variant of stone tiles.
>>
>>153575041
such a bullshit mechanic in the game
its not that you have to prepare roofs or other shit for it, but because its effects last FOREVER and there will basically be no plants near your colony ever again.
>>
>>153575454
Also, I used to mod in silage; but it was kinda pointless, hay already takes ages to spoil.
>>
>winter has come
>can't see where i put my plans cus they're as white as snow

ree
>>
>>153576142
>Just small .XML tweaks. For a15, I'm planning to release the following:
I take all of them.
Where is the upload?
>>
>>153576142
Can you fix the tattered apparel thing?
It's retarded to always have broken clothes on storage. They can wear the untils it's worn off and then get something new.
>>
>>153577048
It isn't done yet (I decided to remake the code I did for a14), but I'll release it today.

>>153577343
I don't know, but I can check it. Could you describe the problem better, though?
>>
>>153576142
>using chunks for the killbox
place a bunch of cables in it, deconstruct and forbid the 1 iron and you have indestructible chunks
even a bunch of sandbags is better than chunks just because you can repair them
>>
>>153578262
Ideally, I want something the raiders can't stop on, so those 1 steel stockpiles are useless. Sandbags might do, but I wonder if they don't help the raiders to avoid turret fire.
>>
>>153577974
>Could you describe the problem better, though?
That malus for tattered apparel when their hit points drop below 50.
>>
File: tfw fire.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tfw fire.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
Fires really change the enviroment.
>>
>>153578710
I don't want to include it in the mod, since I see its gameplay value (it encourages you to set outfits for your pawns and restrict them to use 50%-100% apparel only, and then burn/get rid of the old apparel).

HOWEVER, wait some 15 minutes and I'll dropbox a solution for you.
>>
>>153575041

Ive never been hit by Fallout but cant you just build small connecting corridors to each building. It could work if you make you colonists take turns doing it to minimize exposure and build them out of wood to be faster
>>
>>153579214
It's lots of micro managment to destroy old aparell.
I prefer to not have old apparell.

So I can always stack an amount of clothes that the taylor produces.
>>
>12 colonists
>1 with crafting at level 6 or more and a single flame in crafting
>a bunch of mods that require high crafting skill to use
God damn it game, throw me a crafter.
>>
>>153579834
Just put him to work crafting whatever
>>
>>153579581
>>153578710
Let's hope it works.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/826ry4urd3b8jrj/NTA.zip?dl=0
>>
Just how much of a death sentence is chemical fascination is on A15?
>>
>>153579524
You're right. I could just connect my buildings and I would have a city inside of a giant room.

brb in work
>>
>>153579901
She's been cutting stone blocks for the entire fucking year I've had her and she's gone from level 4 to level 8 in crafting.
>>
Man, I can't play this game without Combat Realism. Hopefully CLL updates soon.
>>
>>153579581
Basically: the game will still complain they're using old apparel. However, it'll be mood-wise neutral. So there's no need to micromanage the whole thing, they'll think
>My outfit is crap, but who cares? This world is crap.
and move on with their lives, instead of throwing a tantrum because their jacket has a small hole.
>>
File: spawn point.png (657KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spawn point.png
657KB, 1920x1080px
I-it's not like I rerolled for this to happen, baka!
>>
File: oh fuck.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oh fuck.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
Higher diffculty was a mistake.
>>
>>153581494
something something sappers to tunnel around your defenses
>>
>>153581696
>bows and maces
Those poor poor bastards.
>>
>>153581764
How deep can sappers tunnel? Surely they could be manipulated.
>>
>>153581696
>bows and clubs
Use guns.
>>
>>153581907
And if that doesn't work? Use more gun.
>>
File: the divorce changed shorty.png (427KB, 1435x884px) Image search: [Google]
the divorce changed shorty.png
427KB, 1435x884px
>>153581845
What in the actual fuck is the headshot formula?

Also this Pawn has seen some shit.
>>
>>153581696
Ha! only killed 6 or so captured 4 and the rest run away.

lel

Should I release the prisoners? Will I get a better relation with the tribesmen?
>>
>>153582470
Do you want a better relationship with them?
>>
>>153582540
yes
>>
>>153582769
As long as they don't hate you beyond a set amount, releasing prisoners improves relations. After a set point they become permanent enemies.
>>
File: save from fallout.jpg (735KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
save from fallout.jpg
735KB, 1920x1080px
>>153580618
Now I am save from fallout. Those light consume massive amount of electricity but who give a fuck desu.
>>
>>153583843
>13 colonists
>year 8
>no turrets or cover in pic
>hunter lacks weapon
What difficulty?
>>
>>153583843
>9 colonists idle

i think i contracted malaria
>>
>>153580303
Not an issue. I had two junkies, they constantly developed addictions but that only resulted in more mood breaks. If you don't want drugs you can always burn them at a campfire or incinerator.
>>
>>153584530
that's just the inner part.
There is more around it
>>
>>153586747
god damn huge coastal towns
>>
>>153585578
I use smokeweed like medical marijuana for those in a bad mood and for those having chronical pain.
>>
>>153587238
I don't like it, it makes colonists slow as fuck and hungry too. I use yayo instead when moods go really low. Both in an emergency.
>>
File: 20160901224333_1.jpg (332KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160901224333_1.jpg
332KB, 1600x900px
>oh no my power armor is not brand new anymore

just you wait, another one is in the making, jeez
>>
>>153587370
I will now fix my wife Green on Luciferium.
:---DDDDD
>>
>>153587975
If you ever give them luciferum, it's your own fault.

I like to keep a stock of the stuff just in case, but I actually wall it in so that no colonist can in any case ever get access to it by mistake.
>>
>>153588130
Why wouldn't you use luciferium? It's the greatest way to boost your peons post bionics.
>>
>>153588130
kek it's not that expensive and you only need one dose every 5-6 Days.

So for one year on Luciferium you only need 12 doses.
>>
File: 294100_20160901144840_1.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
294100_20160901144840_1.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>153573340
How many muffalo is too many muffalo?
>>
>>153588298
>>153588340

I don't like being dependent on any resource I can't produce myself. I know I could cryosleep any colonists hooked on the stuff when supply runs dry, but it still rubs me the wrong way.

I keep it in case I recruit someone addicted to it or I get bored with the colony and make everyone take it.
>>
>>153588545
You already depend on a million things that you can't control.
>>
>>153588689

So why add to them?
>>
>>153588760
Because on average it's beneficial.
>>
>>153589057
To a negligible degree I'd say.
>>
>>153589115
Philosophy is a negligible degree. Luciferium turns your guys into living gods.
>>
I remember seeing in A14 patch notes that humans will now do incest, but I can't get my family members to fuck. Is there a way to force them to dock?
>>
>>153590040
Make them spend time together.
>>
>>153590040
Place two research/crafting tables next to each other and set both colonists to that task only. It works every time.
>>
>>153590497
wait.
does building more than one table decrease research times if they are both in use?
>>
>>153590660

No that Anon but im pretty sure having one colonist using my old basic table and the hi tech one makes it go faster since both produce 'research points' or whatever
>>
>>153590660
wew lad how long have you been playing?
>>
Goddamn I hate needing components. There was literally a single 3-tile vein of compacted machinery on the map, at least that is initially visible, and now I can't cool down my food.
>>
>>153591038
Just buy them for 8 dollars.
>>
>>153591121
Yeah, when a trader shows up. If.
>>
>>153590860
like, 2 days
>>
is the world in this game still totally flat, or have the devs finally added different z-levels?
>>
>>153591320

Dont think he ever plans to add Z levels. Which is a shame because i would love to have a tunnel system linking my Buildings and bunkers so my Colonists dont have to reposition under fire
>>
>>153591320
The only things even remotely related to z-levels are the roofs that need to be constructed and deep mining. I personally miss heigh differences from dorf fort, but I imagine it'd be a huge pain in the arse to implement at this time.
>>
>>153591991

Especially with combat and raiding behaviour. Could you imagine?
>>
Mod idea: raider factions are replaced with bugs.
Raids are replaced with bugs
Sieges are replaced with bugs

Make it happen, cause I sure won't
>>
Did anyone here went on playing after all colonists died?

Will new join and repopulate the old city?
>>
>>153592370
I would like to know more
>>
>>153536981
yeah it's odd how you cant just change one key
>>
File: know more.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
know more.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>153592370
>>
File: 1378774998554.gif (2MB, 240x355px) Image search: [Google]
1378774998554.gif
2MB, 240x355px
i wish we could make wine
also, more games should allow you to make beverages and sell them
this business is my fetish
>>
Is anyone in the beta branch, Alpha15c? According to the changelog they buffed the prices of drugs, is it viable to be sell them now?
>>
So, fine meals are best for nutrition/ingredients ratio, right?

Why would you ever use kibble, pemmican or raw food when you can always use fine meals instead? They give mood boosts to boot.
>>
>>153593146
kibble is good to save meat while feeding carnivore pets

pemmican lasts for fucking ever
>>
How the fuck do you deal with flatland starts?
>>
>>153588491
>im-fucking-plying
Every single one of them is a walking cloth farm, and the females double as milk-producers, too.

"Too many muffalo," good grief...
>>
>>153593379
>kibble is good to save meat while feeding carnivore pets
You can feed them simple meals instead for only a .05 drop in nutrition. Also kibble needs meat to make.

>pemmican lasts for fucking ever
So do meals and raw ingredients after you research air conditioning.
>>
>>153593419
Reroll for ascetics.
>>
>Hospitality mod now has a popup that allows you to disallow a new wanderer from joining

Okay, thats cool and all, I'm glad somebody added it, but what the fuck does this have to do with hospitality?

Modders overstepping their mods are the worst.
>>
how do i get rid of this "a prisoner was sold -99 mood" bullshit
>>
>>153594419

Psychopath trait, or get the mod that removes slave selling debuffs.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732257433&searchtext=prisoners
>>
>>153593419
What biome? Flat extremes would probably be impossible due to scarcity of both stone/metals and wood, but forested areas should be doable. Just farm like hell and trade for rock and steel.
>>
>>153593807

You get 50 kibble from 40 ingredients.
Smaller animals (snakes for instance) only eat like 3-5 units of kibble.

Even with dogs and shit you're using food more efficiently with kibble than simple meals.

If you're low on meat though then yeah its pretty costly.
>>
>>153594419
Doesn't it cap at -15? That's pretty manageable if you ask me.

But sure, it's a bit silly when you can just kill them for no negative consequences (save for observing their corpses), but keeping them alive and selling them is supposedly horrible.

I mean yeah sure if you imprison your own colonists and then sell them, but raiders? They got what they asked for as far I'm concerned.
>>
File: okay.jpg (761KB, 1913x1071px) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
761KB, 1913x1071px
If I ignore the raging inferno headed towards my wooden shithole everything will turn out just fine, right?
r-right?
>>
>>153595245
f-i-r-e b-r-e-a-k
>>
>>153595189

I just let smaller animals eat invader corpses. No negative moods from butchering them, and you'll feed them just fine. For bigger ones, meals are the most efficient.

Why the hell would you even keep snakes?
>>
Which map size do you play on? I want to make huge bases and 200*150 feels small, but spawning with extra resources on the map feels like cheating ;_;
>>
>>153595245
Wooden floors have 0% flammability. Get to constructing.
>>
>>153595430

Because they're easy as heck to care for, they lay multiple eggs at once, and juveniles sell for ~120.
>>
>>153595579
Those cost of the extra resources is the time you'll spend running to get them.
>>
how do i prevent my colonists from taking naps in the freezer?
>>
>>153596040
Build beds.
>>
>>153596040
Give them beds and don't put them in the freezer.
>>
>>153596040
Demolish your freezer.
>>
let's say I'm pretty late into my colony and I've dug the entire map

where the hell do I get metal, components, plasteel etc now besides hurrr sell crops and buy from traders

please keep in mind underground is finite as well

why can't I move my colony to another sector of the world?
>>
>>153596040

Put all your colonists in cryosleep caskets.
>>
>>153596392
deep drills retard
>>
>>153596392
OH YEAH WELL WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU RUN OF WORLD?
>>
>>153596392

a15 adds late-game Deep Drilling. Basically you can get mineral resources from the floor with it.

Beyond that, selling and buying from traders and tradeships.
>>
File: de9.jpg (41KB, 627x430px) Image search: [Google]
de9.jpg
41KB, 627x430px
>>153597019
>>
>first playthrough and doing pretty well, got 5 colonists
>one is annoying and has a (pyromaniac) mental breakdown a couple of times, due to traits/psychic targeting female.
>angry beavers attack
>send my non pacifists to wipe them out, easy shit
>one of them (pyromaniac) has a breakdown food binge, heads back home
>use my pacifist warden to arrest her, since i don't want to waste food
>it fails for the first time. pyro goes berserk and starts killing my pacifist
>make pacifist run like hell to the others, send an old grandma back to take down the berserk
>grandma gets fucked up
>send my other two guys with guns back to put down berserk, they kill her
>everyone else is injured (some from beavers), pacifist doctor/warden is fucked up, and grandma can't walk anymore.

you've got to be kidding. i should have shot that bitch the first time she tried to burn everything down
>>
>>153598159
yeah i like that more traits are being added but i wish they were adding variety instead of making colonists do stupid shit that makes you just want to sell them
>>
>>153597002
Not even deep drills are eternal
>>
Question: How should one approach hunting when starting their colony? I like making fine meals, but I'm becoming nervous that I might over-hunt the area and render all game around extinct. I've been trying to limit myself to just animals near their estimated life expectancy, but I'm still going through meat at a disturbingly fast rate...

If I just decide "fuck it" and kill everything, will the wildlife re-populate naturally on its own?
>>
>>153595245

>those walls
>all that wasted wood

Oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>153599814
hunting only makes things respawn faster
>>
>>153599814
build a freezer first, set a stockpile inside it to hold all food and animal corpses
once thats all sorted you can go ham on the wildlife and still be able to eat their meats until the end of days
and yes, the wildlife respawns
>>
File: nsis.jpg (57KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
nsis.jpg
57KB, 500x344px
>>153600119

I can't tell if you're setting me up for a hilarious prank wherein all my colonists are forced to eat simple meals forever like species hideous peasantus or if you're telling me the truth.
>>
>>153600169

...Alright, will do.

This typically isn't a problem, but I've had, like, seven successive trade groups come through my camp consecutively.

Locusts, they be.
>>
>>153600427
He's correct, there is no such thing as overhunting in this game, you can shoah them to your hearts content, actually the more wild turds you kill the bigger the chance of getting something useful, like bears, who will shoah the wildlife for you.
>>
File: 1472578293287s.jpg (5KB, 121x125px) Image search: [Google]
1472578293287s.jpg
5KB, 121x125px
>raiders drop pod steel and components outside my base and start building sandbags and mortars
What the fuck i have never seen this in like 60 hours of playtime.
>>
>>153601524
It's called a siege.

If you have a mountain base, enjoy the free entertainment.
>>
File: 1471888442413.png (2MB, 1404x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1471888442413.png
2MB, 1404x1200px
>drop pod lands 300 steel and slags literally right in my base.
>>
>>153601524
>>153601754
and if you don't have a mountain base, rush them and station your gunners up on their sandbags while your grenadiers lob into their camp and your brawlers circle around back to prevent them from escaping. Half of em won't even stop building sandbags to fight.

Also, don't deconstruct the mortars immediately. Uninstall them and take them back to base.
>>
updated mods when?
>>
What should I use for outdoor flooring? The obvious answer is concrete or pavement, but is there a reason why...say...wood wouldn't work just as well, to save on precious steel?
>>
I've been getting pretty unlucky with skill distribution among my colonists.

Do skill levels ever increase or am I just wasting my time?

Nobody has 6+ cooking in order to make fine meals with all the garbage I've been stockpiling and I'm making this one colonist just cook everything but it's been a while and I'm not seeing results.
>>
>>153603254
have you ever seen a wooden street?

that's aesthetically heretical

otherwise no you can make wooden streets if you want. they have 0 flammability.
>>
>>153603254
use granite
>>
>>153592731
use mods

mods have wine, beer, sake all kinds of beverages to produce. I have no idea which ones though... I'm just playing the massive hc sk modpack. You can try digging a bit in mod descriptions that are being used in this one to find it.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12996.0
>>
>>153603254
I think wooden floors within a few tiles of constructed walls is a e s t h e t i c a l l y fine, especially if you have wall lamps to give it a nice look at night. Putting wood out in the middle of a field? gaudy! tacky! drab!
>>
>>153603516
>have you ever seen a wooden street?
You mean a boardwalk? aka that thing that exists?
>>
>>153603731
wooden floors aren't raised boardwalks though

they're on the same level as the dirt here
>>
>>153603516
>>153603593
>>153603696

Wooden streets? No.

But I find it very hard to believe you've never seen a wooden footpath before.

Do any of you motherfuckers go outside?
>>
>>153603731
>a glorified dock is the same as slapping wood on undulating terrain with no support

how gauce
>>
>>153599989
i was tired of making squares
>>
File: Wooden street.jpg (147KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Wooden street.jpg
147KB, 600x450px
>>153603516

>He doesnt know about wooden streets.

They are odd things built the same way as cobbled streets
>>
>>153604086
I build buildings faggot and wooden "roads" is a waste of fucking time and money, it'll rot out in 20 years and wear down if you actually drive a small atv on it, you're best laying some assphalt if you're being serious about this but no, that looks like shit, is a shitty idea, and fuck you for liking it
>>
>>153604086
Imagine all sorts of critters hiding under the path.
>>
>>153603487

help assholes
>>
>>153604206
that looks so fugly

it's like they made asshole patterned tiles
>>
>>153604484
Yes, people to increase in skill over time

what an awesome question
>>
>>153603487
Yes. Superfuckingslowly. You could even find this out on your own by clicking on your faggot while he does something and then bringing cursor to that skill to see the very exact numbers jumping up.

The little flame icons means how fast he'll improve in a certain skill.
>>
>>153604484
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11148.0
>>
>thread almost dying
Gulp.

I'm porting the preserves* mod now. What do you think that would be cooler:
1. Cheese is made on the stove, sausages on the butcher table, pickles and preserved eggs on the brewing barrel;
2. All recipes made on a new rack based on the brewing barrel (and sausages renamed to charqui).

*To recap, they're intended as a compact way to store food. They disregard the original ingredients, yield a bit more nutrition and stack up to 150. For balance reasons, you can't make them with insect meat, human meat or hay.
>>
what mod to stop skill decrease above 10?
>>
>>153607815
>sausages on the butcher table

please no that's unsanitary
>>
>>153607946
mad skills
>>
>>153608000
You're on a freaking rimworld! Do you care that much about sanitation?

And do you know why you get more nutrition from those sausages than you would from the raw meat? No? The horror, mystery meat, soylent green, nightmares!

The debuff for eating those is smaller than raw food's, though.
>>
>>153608000
[If you think there is a better option than the butcher table, please let me know.]
>>
I don't know if I can continue playing this game. There is something completely fucked with character RNG.

I am sick and tired of getting colonists with a 10 in Animals, Mele, and Social and 0-3's in anything important, with incapable of dumb labor and pyromanic for good measure. You can't prepare carefully your way out of it, and you can't make them leave without resorting to exploits or taking a mood hit.

Am I just being too picky with my colonists?
>>
>>153609439
You're being a too picky indeed, but for your needs,
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0
Enjoy.
>>
>>153609820

I'm not talking about embarking. I'm talking about the random-ass colonists you get randomly and from raids.

Just now I got a colonist who can do social and cooking, but not dumb labor and is a pyromaniac to boot. Most of the day he sits on his ass playing horseshoes because I don't have enough meat for him to make fine meals and he's so incredibly shitty at everything else. Least he could do is find a broom or start hauling shit. I guess he could mine or grow, even though he doesn't have the stats for either.

I would kill a man for somebody with decent crafting skills.
>>
>>153610839
But that is one of the best thing about this game though. You have to adapt to all the shit it throws at you.
>>
What do I do with 1000 cloth? I've been growing it and hoarding it - no idea what to do with it except replace tattered clothing.
>>
>>153610839
Part of the game is dealing with what you got... and even doing a shit job is better than nothing, so send him to the mines or stuff like that when he got nothing to do.
>>
>>153611214

Make cloth armchairs in your rec room?
>>
>>153611214
Reduce the growing zone area.
Sell part of the cloth.
Make furniture.
Use it as flammable material to get rid of insects.
>>
File: chillaz.jpg (456KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chillaz.jpg
456KB, 1920x1080px
Pheobe Chillax seems to be the only way I can get to any long term settlement. Second winter and I think I have stocked the freezer with enough corpses and taters to prevent the 8 god damn cats, 3 alpacas and 2 labs that "joined" our group from starving.

I've fought off multiple sieges and bug infestations, but no one can't stop the lonely wander of a man who has lost his dog
>>
>>153611878
I wish i could make an ad-hoc cubist painting of a base without setting my head on fire from pure concentrated autism
>>
File: junglebase.jpg (637KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
junglebase.jpg
637KB, 1920x1080px
>>153611878
I love colonies like this. A lot of newer players tend to make thrown-together looking shit, while you can tell the vets from them because even early game everything is set to a specific formula. I try very hard to make my colonies look like yours now, but I still seem to make boring looking square bunkers and towns.

This image is from one of the screenshots on the official site. The variety and colors really look nice. I wish i were more creative with these things.
>>
>>153611878
What kind of base layout is this
>>
Is there anything I should know before I grab a copy of the game legit?

I've been playing for a few weeks and I'm ready to get the latest beta. And I'm not waiting for any mods.
>>
>>153613354
how difficult is it to create a compound with entrypoints and defenses arranged in all four cardinal directions instead of making a killpit because the AI doesnt care about hacking through a single wall to get at the exposed bedrooms?
>>
I just captured my first prisoner. What is a reasonable recruitment chance? Mine is currently 7.9% - recruitment difficulty of 81% and I think I have somebody with 9 social to work on her.
>>
File: Tynan.jpg (191KB, 1200x929px) Image search: [Google]
Tynan.jpg
191KB, 1200x929px
>>153614001

>Is there anything I should know before I grab a copy of the game legit?

Tynan is cute! CUTE
>>
>>153611878
>Not butchering the cats and dogs
>>
File: Ryland.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ryland.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Alright, trying to implement a couple of things people have told me about into my bases. Decentralizing power and not relying on just solar panels, namely. Can't really do anything about the floor-wires if I want to have that "carved-out" look, but carpets will negate the mood factor of wiring when I get them, if nothing else.

Only have one entrance into my freezer, now. Lot colder in there than my last map, since there are fewer places for air to get out.

Playing around with hallways a bit, trying to go with the shape of the mountain without following it exactly. Might put another small battery station on the left next to the bedroom section It'd make the floors uglier there but I kind of like the "wherever it'll fit" look of the place so far anyways. We'll see.
>>
>>153614258
Any recruitment difficulty below 99% is reasonable.
And even 99%, depending on the amount of time you want to spend recruiting the guy.

(BTW keep the prisoner's mood high - both to increase recruit chance and avoid prison breaks)
>>
>>153615081
>tfw imprisoned a pessimist with old wounds that give him a constant pain mood debuff
should i just let him go
he's been with me for like a whole season
>>
>>153615274
Do you mind if I see your prison and his stats?
>>
File: Screenshot_4.jpg (20KB, 386x216px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.jpg
20KB, 386x216px
>relationship was so high by default that downing this guy didn't even make them hostile

I'm sort of bummed anyways because they're at -74 now, even if they aren't hostile

Looks like i'll have to walk on eggshells if i don't want tribals assaulting my shitty wood hut homestead.. that sniper rifle was totally worth it though
>>
File: meh.png (667KB, 1239x648px) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
667KB, 1239x648px
>>153615539
making a larger new prison instead of using one of the ruins as a temporary prison
thinking of making stone floor for beauty
and he kept hitting on this other prisoner girl who i was on the fence of keeping and i just released her
>>
File: meh2.png (48KB, 611x522px) Image search: [Google]
meh2.png
48KB, 611x522px
>>153615820
his stats are very meh but he's a good grower and takes the pressure off of my only other competent grower in my colony who is multi-talented and does other jobs
>>
File: 1353217509451.jpg (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1353217509451.jpg
83KB, 600x600px
>>153614919
The Alpaca might miscarry on me again, that's the only thing I'm worried about.
but yeah
somethings are not going to survive the winter

I mean the base is organic, I just start out with smoothing floors and mining steel until I can just use the geography to my advantage . I don't know if it's the steel (roofs?) or what but last time I got sieged, it seemed like any inner area the artillery just bounced off
>>
File: Screenshot_5.jpg (34KB, 588x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.jpg
34KB, 588x480px
I'm doing the rich lone man start, and this is the first other guy to join. Should I purge him? That jealousy thing + no violence + only good at social is making me want to let tribals take him
>>
>>153615820
>>153616216
I'd try to recruit this guy. Specially if I'm lacking a decent crafter, builder or grower (I care for passion, not for the skills themselves). He's a jogger, this is one of the best traits IMHO (gets shit done fast), so maybe even as a hauler he's good.

Pessimist isn't really bad... alone. The problem is when the guy is pessimist+neurotic or something like that.

Since he isn't complaining about ugly environment, you might as well skip it and consider his other priorities. Like giving the prison a cooler.

Where does he feel pain? Let's hope it's an arm or leg.
>>
>>153616504
MUFFALO WRESTLING!
>>
>>153616745
he once got bit on the stomach and got stabbed in the head (lol) and are permanent injuries

im stuck with it

maybe there will be an eventual mod where you can heal permanent injuries with glitterworld medicine and a super hosipital setup
>>
>>153616871
Oh wait he can't into violence. Maybe he could walk through a Molotov cocktail the other colonist accidentally, right.
>>
>>153616981
Considering your other colonists, is he worth a painstopper?
>>
>>153617228
funny thing is i have two colonists with chronic medium-level pain and the other one's pretty good with stats too

she's sanguine though so, hell

not like i can afford to buy/make one for a long time yet
>>
>>153617618
>two colonists
i mean two people, one prisoner and one colonist
>>
File: feelsbadman.jpg (51KB, 522x386px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.jpg
51KB, 522x386px
okay this guy needs some help
>>
Isn't the lack of bread in Rimworld strange?
>>
>>153618490
If they tried to make bread they would immediately get ergot poisoning, and the whole colony would go insane. clearly
>>
>The fermenting barrel isn't XML moddable yet
And there goes my idea...
I'll make a proper workbench for the preserves.
>>
>>153607815
HUMAN SAUSAGES WHEN?
>>
>>153594141
How isn't it related? Accepting a new wanderer is an act of hospitality.
>>
>>153619151
Seriously, would you use the recipe if I added it to the game?
>>
File: yes.jpg (355KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
355KB, 1920x1080px
Hallelujiah I struck plasteel. I got my mutli analyzer up. I think it might have to wait for next summer though
>>
>>153620732
i'm almost tempted to make the most asymmetric non-autistic, unorderly base just to top you
>>
>>153614001

Just buy the damn thing. Be the statistic of pirates who actually end up buying the game.
>>
File: 1470433995374.jpg (639KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1470433995374.jpg
639KB, 2048x1367px
>>153614001
it's thirty bucks

It will probably go on sale in a few weeks, but it's worth a buy

I actually want to buy it b/c I'm used to perusing shitty steam mods which are too easy to just click
>>
God damnit, why is it that I can't have an all-encompassing dump pile for both <50% worn clothes OR <normal quality clothes?
>>
What's the best way to make money in this game?

And why in the fuck have I not seen a single trader all summer?
>>
>>153620732
>>153620812
His base is immensely comfy to me
>>
File: tfw.png (445KB, 938x734px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
445KB, 938x734px
-.-
>>
are there any mods that make campfires/torches more dangerous? Personally I think they should emit embers ever so often so using them is trade off between benefits/fire risk.
>>
>>153624241
did you ever actually leave your room and camped? because a proper campfire is very far from dangerous same goes for torches
>>
>>153624383

right now we can just pop down a campfire onto a wooden floor no problem. I would like a proper chimney system and smoke simulation as well.
>>
>>153624631
thats because rimworld wooden floors have 0% flammability duh ofc it wont be a problem there
>>
If I uninstall a fully charged battery, will it retain it's charge when I reinstall it? Even if it's placed into storage for a while?
>>
File: rimg.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rimg.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>153624953
Different floors should conduct heat better than others

i.e. steel gets hot to the touch and breaks down but doesn't ignite, granite/marble is a slow warm up and release, far less breakdown

and well wood should just burn it all to the ground
>>
>>153624004
what gun mod is that
>>
>>153625526
combat realism because i forgot to deactivate the combat realism + 20th century weapons mod patch
>>
>>153625457
thats true but honestly i would like to see other things first like ability to raid other factions and relocate your colony
>>
>>153625203
They do retain charges. I don't know if they lose them eventually if left for a while though
>>
>>153625457
are you actually having one person keep nightwatch while the other two sleep??
>>
File: Pineapple-Pizza-Girl.jpg (41KB, 749x512px) Image search: [Google]
Pineapple-Pizza-Girl.jpg
41KB, 749x512px
>>153626204
You can haul enough berries or decide to hunt, right off the bat, the only problem is the butchers table

they should take the butchers/handlers/fire crafting and just tune it up a bit so you can break down slain megafauna in the wild, or skin an iguana on the campfire without having to build something
>>
File: Untitled.png (305KB, 626x399px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
305KB, 626x399px
well shit
>>
>>153626990

What the fuck? Did that really spawn? How many colonists do you have?
>>
>>153627068
>>
can pyromaniacs be cured?
>>
File: brutal anal rape.jpg (467KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
brutal anal rape.jpg
467KB, 1920x1080px
It was nice while it lasted
>>
>have A15, not A15b or c
>hear about the raids popping up too much on around day 10 bug
>don't want to hunt for another torrent because i'm a lazy fucker
>decide i'll stick it out, more loot for me anyways
>have had three raids daily, they are getting stronger with each wave
>another just popped up and one of them has a charge rifle and a power armor helmet

the captain always goes down with his ship
>>
>>153627125

Damn, dude. What difficulty?
>>
>>153628835
cassandra rough
>>
>-7 mood for five goddamn days because a prisoner died

literally go fuck yourself. any mod downloads that remove this? don't have steam version
>>
is everyone equally good at cleaning?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OIk8jomNVQ
>>
>>153591194
If there's ship chunks on your map you can deconstruct them for a good amount of components.
>>
What do EMP grenades effect? Picked some off a dead raider, and was going to sell it. Occurred to me it might be good at messing with personal shields.
>>
>>153631579
women have a 3 point stat buff
>>
>>153626990
Build a cooler in front of the door and a door beside it, draft a colonist to open one of the two doors and freeze them to death.
>>
>>153629538
There's less crippling moods in the OP made by an anon but I don't think it's updated for A15
>>
how long does it take grass to grow back after a brushfire
>>
>Colonists smoke smokeleaf while you're smoking smokeleaf

DUDE

More seriously, does anybody know if you can do anything to get rid of muscle parasites permanently? These things are a pain.
>>
>>153616504
This is a dedicated constructor/medic. You'll need them in mid to late game.
>>
>babs can't handle skill decay
lmao just exert your skills you fucks
>>
>>153628706
Why not just buy the game?
>>
>>153634915
because i am poor and living in a motel because of bad life choices

you can guilt me all you want or call me a greedy fucker, but you're squeezing blood from a rock mate
>>
>>153633156
it'd be way simpler just to deconstruct one of the walls and construct a cooler there
>>
>>153632553
Keep it. You'll need it when the mechanoids come to rape your women and castrate your men.
>>
>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.

What the fuck? It's not letting me post my furnace story about how I burned bugs to the ground.
>>
>>153628706
>raids popping up too much on around day 10 bug
WHAT?
>>
>>153635465
Check the blog, one of the latest ones mentions a bug ONLY with A15 (not A15c or assumably A15b) where around day 5-10ish the raids go insane a bit

It's not unbearable if you're good but newfags will get creamed easy
>>
>>153635579
Surely Randy will save me from this madness.
>>
>>153635653
or he won't.
>>
>>153627874
They are asleep, just force the door open, toss a few molotovs in there, close the door and run. Grenades work also.
>>
How viable is drugs trade?

I started a new colony on basebuilder to check the new drug and brewing features and I'm about to finish researching drug processing.

I embarked in a jungle and found a fuckhuge patch of 140% fertility land. If i build a Colombian drug plantation and start selling high-tech drugs in bulk will I get rich quick?
>>
>>153637143
Not right now. Wait till 15c buffs the prices a bit.
>>
>>153618490
>plant wheat
>harvest bread

this is how it would work
>>
>day 3
>a panther mauls the fuck out of Gerald the husky

If I down an animal and then rescue it can I later tame it? Would be nice if my Colombian yayo plantation was patrolled by domesticated panthers.
>>
>>153638115
Yes, but it's not guaranteed.
>>
has the one room vent freezer exploit been patched?

i tried to test it out and one freezer is literally better than a freezer-room-vent setup

is it because i have redistheat enabled?
>>
>>153638331
how on earth are you going to tell what vanilla heat distribution is like WHEN YOU ARE USING A MOD
>>
>forgot to place marriage spot
>skinny game dev and fat black woman get married in the middle of a cotton field
>no mood buffs because not a proper ceremony

Damnit sorry guys.
>>
>>153638657
might as well restart lmao

>>153638554
yeah no im not disabling my mods

it's a pain to recheck all those boxes in order
>>
>>153637180
>>153638187

cool, thanks guys
>>
>>153526910

What would you all say is the most realistic difficulty?

I've been playing Randy / Challenge but it's getting pretty ridiculous. I like a bit of RNG, don't get me wrong, but some of these events are so fucking random. I'll get 5 easy-mode cargo pod drops one half-hour, then I'll get absolutely raped the next by a giant pack of man-hunting elephants. Last colony I knocked open an ancient ship, at the very end of the first year with my 5 colonists, and 3 centipedes + 5 scythes poured out. Completely wiped my roster, all in a single volley. Not that they would've survived anyway.

Phoebe or Cassandra any good? Or at least more realistic, on Challenge? I don't think I've ever played either of those to late game. Is there a leveling off where you can get cozy later on, or do they just keep getting more and more difficult until a wipe becomes unavoidable?
>>
itt mods for casuals:

mad skills
less crippling moods
glittertech
combat realism with infinite ammo
anything that adds circuit breakers/fuses
anything that adds embrasures
more "vanilla" turrets
>>
>>153640216
I like randy, predictable storytellers are pretty boring tbqh. As for difficulty just play according to how good you are at the game.
>>
>>153640429
>combat realism with infinite ammo

don't vanilla already have unlimited ammo?
>>
>>153641968
Vanilla doesn't give you broken sniper rifles that can shoot through the entire map.
>>
>>153641968
That's the point, combat realism adds depleting ammo so you have to install the infinite ammo version.
>>
>>153641968
combat realism makes guns more lethal, which goes both ways but if you're on the defense it's much better for you.

limited ammo is a resource cost to balance this out, if only in the early game before you're drowing in captured ammo from raids
>>
>heat wave on day 10
Fine I didn't really like this colony anyway.
>>
>>153643545
should have prioritized cooling research
>>
File: Get good.jpg (39KB, 387x411px) Image search: [Google]
Get good.jpg
39KB, 387x411px
>>153643545
>>
File: listen here fucko.png (167KB, 532x398px) Image search: [Google]
listen here fucko.png
167KB, 532x398px
>cold snap right at the end of spring
>when growing season is mid spring till early fall

fine, I'll build that hydroponics farm
>>
>>153643847
I once had cold snaps through the entirety of spring, summer and fall, with more cold snaps the next spring

We ate a lot of raiders that year
>>
>>153643847
Alternatively, roof a piece of good old rich soil and put some sun lamps.
>>
>>153643847
>solar flare and cold snap at the same time
>90% of your indoor devilstrand dies irregardless
>>
>>153644618
>irregardless
>>
File: 1470443308558.jpg (50KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
1470443308558.jpg
50KB, 500x486px
>waiting for my dogs to give birth so i can eat the puppers
>>
so i was thinking from the manhunter thing in this game

why don't we genetically modified animals to be manhunters and release them against their enemies

i had a good few ideas so far;
manhunter geese
manhunter dolphins
manhunter kangaroos
>>
>>153645498
>>
>>153645498
>slaughter and eat my last husky due to toxic fallout coupled with heat wave
>its master freaks the fuck out
>shoot and eat her too

Life's tough on the rim.
>>
>set up a cow pasture and a hard drugs farm within the first few days
>just before the crop of drugs is fully grown a thunderstorm hits and strikes the crops burning it all down
>one of the colonists was called Jesus
Im going to pretend this was an act of god.
>>
>>153643847
>not rushing thermal power generation and hydroponics
You literally just need one 10x10 crop of potatoes and you're set for long enough to get both researched, then you can rely on hydroponics forever with no power issues.
>>
>>153614962

>stacking batteries

Never do that, m80! I stack my batteries per 2, and connect 2 stacks to a switch, you want to keep about 1 day of power in your network, while switching off the surplus.
A zzzt unleashes all CONNECTED power, so a zzt in my network is 4kW, while a zzt in a spare set is only 2 kV... You're getting 10kV every time
>>
>>153627605

Death cures many things
>>
Do you think he does it on purpose?
>>
>>153647485
NIG
>>
>>153647485
It's probably a /pol/ack's doing
>>
Anyone else feel like the mood penalties are all sorts of fucked up? I mean selling some hostile prisoners to slavery hurts your colonists' mental health as much as losing a family member.

Does anyone have a mod that tweaks the mood penalties? I don't mean just erasing prisoner selling penalty, because it's there for a reason, but I think losing a lover or a close friend should be more devastating than it currently is. I'd expect something like -50, depending on the traits of the pawn and the level of social disposition towards the dead guy.

It should drop in a couple of days to -25 and then slowly fade away with time and social interaction.
>>
>>153638018
Well they fixed brewing, so I imagine making a bakery wouldn't be that hard.

But I really think rimworld needs a water system, because as it stands deserts aren't even dangerous. Just farm potatoes on all gravel tiles and you're golden.
>>
>>153647708
Engaging in slave or organ trade is extremely fucked up. It's ok to kill someone in self defense but some lines you shouldn't cross.
>>
File: Those are HUGE GUTS I'm reading.png (164KB, 466x492px) Image search: [Google]
Those are HUGE GUTS I'm reading.png
164KB, 466x492px
>blasting shitty donator OC donut steel self inserts into gory bits
>>
>>153648214
>Engaging in slave or organ trade is extremely fucked up.
No it isn't.
Sending some faggot to pick cotton when he was trying to murder you and everyone you know instead of blasting his brains out is the merciful option.
Harvesting someone's fucking heart because your buddy has a faulty heart is also perfectly fine and moral, especially if the heart belongs to a PERSON WHO TRIED TO FUCKING MURDER YOU.
>>
What's the name of the mod that cooks four meals at once?
>>
>>153648382
ow
>>
>>153648486
this one ? https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25128.msg257525#msg257525
>>
>>153648908
Thank you
>>
File: she.png (53KB, 587x489px) Image search: [Google]
she.png
53KB, 587x489px
>
>>
Being able to addict your prisoners to drugs and have them work for more doses when?
>>
>>153648214

How is it extremely fucked up?
>>
>>153649043
>Core world jew
makes sense desu
>>
>>153649043
>becomes female
>cooking disabled

what's the fucking point
>>
>>153649064
It's intentionally inflicting a lot of suffering on another person.
>>
>>153649064
>M-MUH FEELINGS! BEING RUTHLESS TO YOUR ENEMIES AND CARING FOR YOUR FRIENDS IS EDGY! EDGYYYYY!
>>153649043
Would put into a heater death chamber desu.
>>
>>153649175
I think "inflicting a lot of suffering on another person" part is void if the same person is a raider.

Stealing organs from guests, visitors and traders? Yeah that's kind of fucked up.
Raiders? Nah.
>>
>>153649043
What the fuck, this is a mod right?
>>
>>153649245
>guests
If I save you from the brink of death I reserve the right to harvest one of your kidneys.
>>
>>153649179
Selling someone into slavery or harvesting their organs goes beyond the ordinary level of ruthlessness towards enemies for the sake of self preservation. Unlike, for example, killing someone in the heat of battle It requires a different kind of cold deliberation. This would be common sense if you weren't a child.
>>
>>153649359
By "guests" I mean people who come in to chill with you.

Stealing someone's organ just because you saved the guy is kind of a dick move.
>>
>>153649349
no
>>
File: And then there's this customer.png (229KB, 441x492px) Image search: [Google]
And then there's this customer.png
229KB, 441x492px
>>153649379
>Selling someone into slavery or harvesting their organs goes beyond the ordinary level of ruthlessness towards enemies for the sake of self preservation.
Nobody cares. THEY came to YOUR place with intent to KILL YOU and STEAL YOUR THINGS.

If I was in the place of the colonists, I can guarantee you that I would end all raids on the colony within a year, because the raiders would be simply too shit scared to bother. I would be sure to maim the survivors, brand them and let them go free so they can spread the message.

I would also serve them insect meat meals.
>>
File: 20160831200425_1.jpg (240KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160831200425_1.jpg
240KB, 1600x900px
I guess you cant have it all. Only a socially inept autist could be this good at everything
>>
>>153649175

A person who you have no emotional connection to who tried to mruder and pillage you out of their own free will.
>>
>>153649518
You're only able to make those judgments because you're completely removed from the situation since it's just a game, which is fine but you were the one who brought up morality by claiming that there's something wrong with the colonists' sense of morality. If you had to watch those things unfold as a bystander you would probably have some misgivings. Your line of reasoning isn't even necessarily wrong from a psychopath's point of view, but you've not a psychopath and you've never been faced with a serious moral dilemma in your entire life. I called you edgy not because of your so called ruthless judgment, but because you're unaware of the various forces that would dissuade from acting on it in the real world. It makes perfect sense that colonists would feel guilty for doing something bad to someone that tried to kill them.
>>
>>153649980
selling prisoners = silver = food/better living conditions/better defenses ( less risk while defending from tribals/pirates )
you crash landed on a random planet and native tribes attack you
will you take the prisoners and trade them for food ?
if yes will you feel bad about it ?
>>
File: Most serene Kek.png (298KB, 448x392px) Image search: [Google]
Most serene Kek.png
298KB, 448x392px
>>153649980
>but because you're unaware of the various forces that would dissuade from acting on it in the real world.
Such as?
Keep in mind the colonists aren't living in your shithole country full of muslim refugees, but on a potentially hostile planet with even more hostile people living on it.
Lives are disposable and I couldn't give less shit about selling some inbred tribal to pick cotton on a farm.
>>
>>153650146
That silver is only tangentially relevant to your survival, in a non easily quantifiable way, it's not a sell prisoners or die situation.
I can't really know how I'll act in a given situation without experiencing it first hand. Commoners such as myself tend not to have the sort of iron will required to completely suppress their emotions and act logically in every situation. If I told you I'm a pacifist and would rather lay down and die for my beliefs that would be a lie, but at the same time there's only so much guilt I'd be able to carry before I'll have a mental break and die. There are only a few things I can confidently say I'll never do under any circumstance, such as killing my parents.
>>
File: A smug frog.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
A smug frog.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>>153650720
So in other words, you're that cuck who goes berserk because he saw a corpse rot on the floor then ate a raw animal.

Stay out of my fucking colony.
>>
>>153649518
some raiders won't be content to take slaves or leave with valuables, they are coded to cause damage and will only leave when satisfied

why would they choose to attack a well defended colony anyway? maybe they're out for revenge because you maimed their members

>>153649980
if none of your peons get hurt i can understand that most of them might find harvesting organs from unarmed prisoners morally objectionable. however if a peon loses a friend/family/lover to a raid they might justified if they took out their anger on a prisoner. most normies wouldn't feel twice as bad if something horrible happened to a prisoner that actually hurt them.
>>
Mood boost for successfully fending off a raid when?
>>
>>153650857
>maybe they're out for revenge because you maimed their members
All the more organs and slaves for me.
By the time the raiders figure out what happened, I'll have landmines, turrets and killboxes in place as well as killzones.
>>
>>153650656
>Such as?
Empathy, dumb frogposter. A thing which you possess but pretend you don't in order to look cooler, in typical edgy fashion.
>>
>>153650967
>pretend you don't
But I never did.
Why would I care about some fucking filthy inbred tribal raider?
I would only care about people who care for me, such as fellow colonists.
Empathy only goes as far as murder attempts.
>>
>>153651061
This is literally how inbred tribals think

The irony.
>>
>>153555548
>Implying animals can be seen in the picture
>Implying anything at all can be seen in the picture
>>
How do I get Titanium for Glitterworld?
>>
>>153651061
>Why would I care about some fucking filthy inbred tribal raider?
Because they make sounds resembling a human voice and their looks resemble human faces, so your brain's pattern recognition software kicks in and makes you think they're human. Eyes, especially, trigger empathy, to the point where you can feel more empathy towards small animals and cartoons than real living people.

>Empathy only goes as far as murder attempts.
I'm afraid you're wrong about how empathy works, it's a crude mechanism that's forced upon you with little regard for your desires. Being angry at someone can go a long way towards suppressing your natural aversion from hurting people, but anger, like is a temporary emotion, you can only be angry for so long because your brain needs a rest from all that excitement. You might decide to harvest someone's organs because you hate them, but after you calm down you might change your mind.
>>
>>153651578
mining and trading probably
>>
>>153555703
>make a base in the open
>spend very little time planning since its so easy to set up

>make a base in a mountain
>700 days later and still cant decide where the fridge should go

Fucking mountain bases.
>>
File: Angry kot.jpg (228KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Angry kot.jpg
228KB, 1280x960px
>>153651590
Sorry faggot but not everyone is a weakling like you.

I would not harvest organs because "I hate them" I would harvest their organs/sell them into slavery because it would give the colony silver so we can buy fortifications, food and weapons.
>>
>>153650917
Mood boost for anything nice when

People used to throw week long parties just because they had a good harvest and its a huge deal, yet its treated like nothing in Rim.

I think he could add a lot of depth by just looking at all the day to day tasks and assigning a positive to negative scale based on its success
>>
>>153651775
You won't be doing shit because if you had the character necessary to inspire obedience and lead a group of survivors you wouldn't be sitting here posting cat pictures.
The argument wasn't even should you do it or not, it's would you feel bad about doing it, stupid frogposter.
>>
File: top kot.jpg (189KB, 1163x1024px) Image search: [Google]
top kot.jpg
189KB, 1163x1024px
>>153652071
Why would I lead anybody? I'm fine with how my country is, and I see no reason why would I involve myself into the community.

You literally project your weakness onto others thinking it's the universal morals.
>>
>>153649043
It's okay because you can just draft it, and then order a bare-hands muffalo melee.
>>
>>153649518
>If I was in the place of the colonists, I can guarantee you that I would end all raids on the colony within a year, because the raiders would be simply too shit scared to bother. I would be sure to maim the survivors, brand them and let them go free so they can spread the message.
This doesnt even work in the real world, in fact it breeds even worse retaliation

Are you underage? How do you not know this?
>>
>>153652159
>Why would I lead anybody?
Because the hypothetical colony scenario implied that you were the person in charge of making those kinds of moral decisions, you stupid frogposter.
>>
>>153651886
>johnny failed to harvest potato
>-5 mood
>rest of colony -5 towards johnny
>>
>>153652212
>in fact it breeds even worse retaliation
Tell that to ISIS and the sandmonkeys who are too afraid to fight them.
>>153652229
We're not inside the hypothetical scenario, senpai.
>>
>>153652346
You mean -5 mood times 50.
Johnny is going berserk!
Final straw: Rebuffed by Jane
>>
>>153652351
>>in fact it breeds even worse retaliation
>Tell that to ISIS and the sandmonkeys who are too afraid to fight them.
Are you actually retarded. ISIS has only increased resistance to themselves after they started becoming more and more ruthless. In fact they have faced statistically increased opposition year after year.
>>
>>153652461
>In fact they have faced statistically increased opposition year after year.
Do you mean the 1st world countries who are bombing them from a distance, too afraid to put boots on the ground and wipe them out?

Or do you mean Assad, whose only other option to fighting ISIS is death?
>>
>>153652351
>>in fact it breeds even worse retaliation
>Tell that to ISIS and the sandmonkeys who are too afraid to fight them.
Which sandmonkeys? Because ISIS is the single most effective unifying force of opposing sides thats ever happened in the Middle East. They actually stopped killing each other to kill ISIS.

Shitty example is shitty.
>>
>tribal visitors come in the middle of winter, armed with no parkas and net positive min comfy temp
>they head towards the mining tunnel that i sealed off in case of bugs
>die of hypothermia
>CHIEF NOBO ADAF BLAMES YOU FOR THIS
>>
File: Love comes to those who try.jpg (132KB, 1014x433px) Image search: [Google]
Love comes to those who try.jpg
132KB, 1014x433px
oh my fucking god after getting rejected eight times from three different women Grim finally hit it off with the new girl

what a wonderful thing
>>
Is there any expansion mod for this that allows regular battles in the hundreds? It seems like there's really no way to lose once it's late game given the small sizes of battles in vanilla.
>>
>>153652549
You must be trolling, well done you baited me. Kill yourself.
>>
>>153652549
>>Do you mean the 1st world countries who are bombing them from a distance, too afraid to put boots on the ground and wipe them out?
You have it backwards, ISIS is not powerful enough to force any 1st world country to be scared, which is the very reason they're still allowed to exist.

Ruling through fear is historically a very bad idea for the ruler, it tends to make your enemies stronger and your citizens rebellious.
>>
>>153652556
>They actually stopped killing each other to kill ISIS.
You mean the turks, which are still killing the kurds, or the FSA which is still fighting Assad?

There is an unifying force yes, but it's ISIS.
>>
>>153652658
Yeah stop responding to him. Hes either absolutely retarded or trolling.
>actually thinks being ruthless works when there isnt a single historical example of it working in the long term
>>
>>153652675
>Ruling through fear is historically a very bad idea for the ruler, it tends to make your enemies stronger and your citizens rebellious.
That's true, but Vlad the Impaler was absolutely fine.
Limit the ruthlessness to enemies, and nobody will care.
>>
File: Stalin pipe.jpg (68KB, 587x625px) Image search: [Google]
Stalin pipe.jpg
68KB, 587x625px
>>153652763
>when there isnt a single historical example of it working in the long term
>>
File: glad.jpg (33KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
glad.jpg
33KB, 419x419px
>make surrogate lung
>install surrogate lung on prisoner
>get prisoner's lung in exchange
>no mood debuffs

yay
>>
File: ofs.png (3KB, 310x162px) Image search: [Google]
ofs.png
3KB, 310x162px
>>153652860
>implying the soviet union exists
>>
>heatwave
>40+ outside
>mountain base at comfy 22
i like a15
>>
What's the difference between "join temporarily" event and wanderer?

When will the temporary colonists fuck off?
>>153653217
It lasted well beyond Stalin's death.
How about Vlad the Impaler? All enemies were shitscared of him, he died in battle, raided camps to fucking murder the enemy leader. Sounds like he didn't fuck around either.
>>
>>153653375
>How about Vlad the Impaler? All enemies were shitscared of him, he died in battle, raided camps to fucking murder the enemy leader. Sounds like he didn't fuck around either.
And where is his empire based on ruthless fear now?
>>
>>153653375
Until you permanently get rid of their organs.

They are pretty good at preserving their entrails for later.
>>
>>153653450
>And where is his empire based on ruthless fear now?
You missed the part where he died in battle.
But it's okay, people like you tend to have terrible reading comprehension. You all think world will be fixed if everyone just sings fucking kumbaya and has a group hug.
>>
>mood debuffs because of prisoner treatment
>empire longevity

uwot
>>
File: Hotdog kot.png (387KB, 595x300px) Image search: [Google]
Hotdog kot.png
387KB, 595x300px
>>153653691
Threads get crazy as their lifetime runs short.
tl;dr It's fucking stupid and I think that one mod that was posted here handled it pretty well.
>>
>>153653551
>BEING RUTHLESS STOPS PEOPLE ATTACKING YOU
>No it doesnt [proof]
>goalpost move to save face
Post an anime reaction image so I can call you a shitposter and we can wrap this up, I have to go shopping
>>
File: 1335733229319.jpg (69KB, 791x613px) Image search: [Google]
1335733229319.jpg
69KB, 791x613px
>>153653809
>>
>>153653749
im sorry

>>153640429
you're officially a casual
>>
File: Your argument.jpg (38KB, 327x254px) Image search: [Google]
Your argument.jpg
38KB, 327x254px
>>153653809
Don't forget to buy dildos to shove up your ass, fag.
>>
>>153653880
>>153653987
Shut up shitposter

K thanks, time to get some food
>>
Holy shit chicken eggs are a robust foodsource.

How to get a chicken farm going?
>>
>>153654123
>goes on food binge

throw him in prison lads, I could use a new kidney
>>
File: randy1.png (771KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
randy1.png
771KB, 1920x1080px
hahaha thank you based randy
>>
File: Time to die.jpg (53KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
Time to die.jpg
53KB, 800x530px
>toxic fallout ends
>barely any food left
>heatwave
MY SHIT

JUST FUCK IT UP
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 266x499px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 266x499px
>hey dude i'm joining your colony you can't stop me btw
>>
>>153654793
Fitting name
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (232KB, 1008x729px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
232KB, 1008x729px
if i call in a trader what are the odds of it wanting my puppers
i am close to killing them for this winter again
>>
>>153650967
Not the frogposter but I did originally say that a negative thought from harvesting prisoners or selling them off should be there, but it shouldn't be a big one.

Except maybe for the doctor who has to actually perform the surgery, or the warden who actually interacts with the prisoners.
>>
>>153654272
Buy chicken
Buy 6 hens
Plant haygrass
>>
>>153633424
For fucking ever. Grass development is slow as fuck. Sparse covering after three seasons?
>>
>>153655118
I think all but combat suppliers take animals off your hands.
>>
>>153632553
They have a pretty good chance to stun mechanoids and take out personal shields in one shot. Good if you're getting bumrushed by a gorillion tribals with shields and melee. Otherwise, save two for some non-shooter roles to lob while your shooters volley-fire mechanoids to death. Easiest poison ship destruction ever. Also, if you don't set up a wall-sandbag-wall setup for your shooters around fallen ship parts and poison ships, you're a scrub.
>>
>>153575041
>makes settlement with communist motif

>RNG god decides to liberate your colonists from their retarded ideology via glorious atomic freedom

It's like pottery.
You deserved this comrade.
>>
>>153654538
that's what you get for those awful aesthetics
>>
>>153655791
the age of aesthetics hasn't even begun my son
>>
>>153655535
99% sure it can only grow in your growth seasons

For me its instant when in a growing all year round place
>>
>no hankiepankie
>no babies
>no forced abortions and selling orphan meat
This isnt even a video game until this exists
>>
>spot in research screen that you can finally craft medicine in A15
>fuck yeah I'll be unstoppable
>heat wave
>psychic drone
>3 guys get malaria

I was getting annoyed with feeling happy anyways, thanks game
>>
>>153657089
>wanting to feel happy
Have you tried managing expectations?
>>
>>153657089
oh yeah dude, you can craft medicine now
theres just one thing
you have to buy one of the components
from traders
that might not even have it
or show up
whatevs though lol amirite?
>>
>>153655535

I found this place with 140% soil fertility and tried to cut a fire break, that shit grew back in a day. I'm forced to pour concrete everywhere.
Playing on jungle btw. Don't know about other biomes.
>>
>>153657338
>you have to buy one of the components
>from traders
This is so absolutely retarded.

I mean seriously what more do you need than tools, sterilizing agent and some cloth.
>>
File: When there's roads.png (117KB, 562x504px) Image search: [Google]
When there's roads.png
117KB, 562x504px
>>153656909
>can't buy cloning vats for organ farming with money earned from selling narcotics to child prostitutes yet
It really shows this game is alpha.
>>
>>153657338
You mean that neutromine isn't something I can just research and grow later on?

This shit is worse than being force to buy medicine itself. Fuck.
>>
>>153657543
>>153657512
The kicker? it has a high chance of being more expensive to buy in bulk than actual medicine
>>
>>153657516
>cant harvest orphans limbs and organs to sell for drugs to get them addicted to use them as sex slaves to use those proceeds to find their parents to capture, kill then butcher them to feed those orphans
Alpha is too polite, more like tech demo.
>>
>>153657512
apparently nano-machines, son
>>
>>153657516
>unreal world finally removes human meat trade
>rimworld hasn't yet managed to take its place
>>
>>153657734
Medicine should be crafted from three pre-existing workbenches
>Steel + crafting table = Medical tools
>Rotten plants + fermentation table = Alcohol
>Cloth + tailors bench = bandages
Then combining all three makes the kit
>>
Is there any way to get my colonists to not harvest a growing zone aside from deleting it?
>>
>>153658061
harvest their hands, they cant gather crops without hands
>>
>>153658061
Yes.
>>
>>153658209
>>153658312
one of these is correct
>>
Is there a mod that stops my stuff breaking every day?
Autodoor, Solarplant etc.
Everyday is something broken that sucks.
>>
File: 20160902173743_1.jpg (226KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160902173743_1.jpg
226KB, 1600x900px
>a manhunter pack of muffalo has entered the area

oh randy you so whacky
>>
>>153659351
nice names family

>>153659125
fluffy breakdowns
>>
>>153659125
you dont need a mod
>>
>>153659760
I don't want to start a new game.
I need a fix that stuff can't break down anymore.
>>
Mod idea:

A "structure generator" disaster. Some ancient device originally designed to build colonies from local materials in advance of settlers. But an AI corrupted by time and isolation has sent into a berserk overdrive.

It will build structures outwards from itself, consisting of walls, doors, and roofs. Some of these will resemble actually logical buildings, but at other times, doors or walls will be built in illogical locations, or rooms will be left unclosed and unfinished.

It will consume local resources to do so. Trees or rock, whichever is available, or both. If you leave it alone, it'll wall itself in, use up all the resources, and shit up the map.

It could possibly use mechanoids as workers, setting up a breach and clear operation through its winding tunnels.
>>
File: 20160902175907_1.jpg (352KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160902175907_1.jpg
352KB, 1600x900px
Well, that's a lot of meat
>>
I made a double bed for a pair of lovers but they haven't done anything yet in like a week, is sex really that sparse? My bedrooms have no space by the way, only 4 squares for the bed.
>>
>>153657338
>>153657512
>>153657543
You can call traders you know.
>>
>>153660539
How did you kill them?
>>
>>153660717
Some couples just don't shag.
>>
>>153661062
each and everyone of my colonists is augmented with one bionic leg at least, and they all have power armor and charge rifles or sniper rifles

it was piss easy, helps that all my fighters are decent shots. literally an endless stream of bullets. From then on all I needed was to kite them, which is really easy thanks to the layout of my base. I have a corridor going all the way around the main building
>>
>>153662347
>kite

You guys keep saying this but colonists doesn't move right away after you give the order while they're taking aim, what am I missing here?
>>
>>153662957
cooldown after firing

each weapon has a warmup and cooldown time, duing which no action can be taken

if you manage those well you can kite EZ
>>
File: 1464653534144.jpg (512KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1464653534144.jpg
512KB, 1680x1050px
>nanomachines virus running amock
>-15 acute pain
>-5 sick
>-5 slept in the heat
>-8 feeling terrible for no reason
>heat wave comes
>everyone about to have a major break
>suddenly trader shows up with smokeleaf
>>
I just tried to close in traders.
The bombed themselves free.
Holy fuck
>>
>>153664343
DUDE
>>
>>153664636
LEAF
>>
>>153664726
LMAO
>>
>>153664624
>build the walls even closer to the traders this time
>they blow themselves up
>all that glorious loot for no reputation loss
>>
File: 20160902104046_1.jpg (353KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160902104046_1.jpg
353KB, 1600x900px
anyone playing challenge randy, prepare yourself for the possibility of an army of wild boars
>>
>>153646879
Alright. Noted. I'll try to bug-brain my power setup sometime soon.
>>
How come wild animals don't trigger deadfall traps?
>>
>you need steel to construct sandbags
wat
were the devs really just too lazy to add a dig order and sand/dirt?
>>
File: Edmund_420.jpg (125KB, 767x523px) Image search: [Google]
Edmund_420.jpg
125KB, 767x523px
>>153664343
>>153664636
>>153664760
>>
>>153665817
>Beavers! show up
>place a bunch of STEEL (noob days) deadfall traps
>beavers ignore traps
>eat all the trees
>and move on
REEEEEE
>>
>>153665853
clearly they're steelbags
>>
>>153665853
Yeah I don't really get this either.

If we could dig for things like sand/clay you could fire up some adobe bricks and glass in a kiln, which could be a low-research cost building. An alternative to stonecutting, ESPECIALLY for flat maps. Plus, glass walls for aesthetic purposes and more complex defenses.

Holy shit, this solves so many problems.
>>
>>153666112
Steel deadfall traps are good though.
>>
>>153666112
That one time when my ice sheet colony actually took off I actually make deadfall traps out of plasteel.
>>
What do I do with uranium?
>>
>>153669237
u ran it in ur bum
>>
>prisoners stage a breakout
>they run right into my 8 power armored grower/riflemen

toplel
>>
Remind me to never put the prison next to the armory ever again, please.
>>
>>153669669
>not running your prison as a separate building with its own power supply and rows of turrets at the only door
>>
Is it ok to put solar panels on top of crops?
>>
>>153666149
>glass walls for aesthetic purposes and more complex defenses.

How does glass walls do anything for defense?

Unless you play with some fucking madman tier fog of war mod somehow.
>>
>>153670317
what

solar panels will replace ur crops m9
>>
>>153670527
Attract attackers toward a point by using a colonist as bait through a reinforced glass wall, right into your trap.
>>
>>153670607
Making the AI behave that way would be absolutely retarded.
>>
If a colonist of mine's husband crashes on my map do I really have to capture him to make him stay with his wife? Simple rescue will have him walk off the map, right?
>>
>>153671232
Correct.
>>
It took me a while, but I'm bored of the game now.

What mods / challenges do you recommend to keep the game fresh?

I really want a mod with a fuckload of new raid events (megaspiders, poison ships, etc included as raids).
>>
Any reliable ways of getting a a14 save to work with a15? I have literally 50-50 hours in one save and I don't want to lose it. Tried starting a new one and putting effort into it but its not the same, the area sucks the people have shit stats and one of them already has brain damage. Fucking depressing.
>>
>>153672713
Medieval times mod.

Try playing as a moral colony.
Try playing as an immoral colony.
Play as tribals.
Play as merchants.
Play as drugrunners.
Play as psycho organ harvesters.
>>
>>153672731
Just keep playing A14?
>>
>>153672713
Cont-

Make a town, peaceful or not.
Become a slave trader.
Racially segregate and subjugate your colony.
Live in the hottest area.
Live in the coldest area.
Have a big family and play it like an extended sims.(requires mods prolly)
Have a men's only club.
Make torture methods. Example: make a maze and have them run it back and forth until they pass out and fucking die.
>>
>>153673989

>live in the coldest area

Yeah, I did. Rolled in a mountaintop ice sheet where if you try to piss outside it doesn't make it out your body before freezing. Yet somehow all the raiders that come in seem to have -100 or under comfortable tempeature range.
>>
>>153674294
Because they're gonna come on a raid to Antarctica and not plan on not freezing to death, right?
>>
>>153532349
toxic fallout, ignoring spidey infestations, eating insect meat, even if it's a fine meal.
>>
>>153674456
that got fixed in 14 i think, before that raiders will just die in the cold which removed most of the combat from the game
>>
>>153645498
If only you would keep bears instead of useless dogs, you wouldn't have those problems.
>>
>>153675336

Yeah well there's still some of them getting hypothermia, but they all make it to the killbox just fine.
>>
>>153672713
-cont

Pay more attention to smaller details, perhaps weave it into some plot or RP, maybe greentext about it.

I already mentioned it, but I'll expand, the Medieval mod when used in conjunction with medieval modifiers/tech restriction is really different, having the idea that you are running a kingdom really makes it feel more immersive to me at least. Like for example, restricting your tech and other factions tech will make melee much more valuable as well as having cool siege weapons like catapults.

I personally sort my colonists into a royal heiarchy like royal lineage, nobility, knights, artisans, peasants, and negros. Etc. Changes the way you see your colonists and gives you reasons to be a greedy fuck. I personally use devmode to birth new colonists when I have a queen and a king.
I also choose my morals based on who the King is and how his personality would reflect the way I run things.

If royal blood is completely bone dry, I select the two strongest men, give them equal weapons or mere unarmed combat, then the victor shall reign.
>>
>>153676103
>and negros
I don't know why that caught me off guard and I laughed.
>>
File: uhh.png (68KB, 171x176px) Image search: [Google]
uhh.png
68KB, 171x176px
>second medic high on weed going to operate on my main medic

glad I caught this before it happened
>>
I want to fuck Phoebe.
>>
Do raiders get a move speed bonus on higher difficulties? I have a jogging brawler I use to capture quality targets but I never seem to catch up unless the distance is extremely short.
>>
>>153676424
Gotta give them an opportunity as well. Mines ain't mine themselves.
>>
>>153665817
Traps are more harm than they worth, my colonists lost their limbs trying to rearm them, I also lost reputation because a trader's pet triggered them
>>
>>153676879
>the best mining negro shags the queen
>>
>>153677021
Did you place the traps in a zig-zag way?
>>
>>153672731
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+update+a14+saves
>>
>>153677098

>not placing traps in a kill corridor with doors for friendlies at each end
>>
>>153672713
Are you playing Randy?

You're not playing Rim if you're not playing Randy.
>>
>>153677176
If you place them in a zig-zag manner, you can still a shitton of raiders and friendlies will never set them off.
>>
>>153677098
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Defence_Tactics#Trap_Chokepoints

I placed them like that, it was my first ever colony though so I don't know much about the game then.
>>
hallucinations when
>>
>>153651886
That sounds quite nice. Personaly I wish for better animal husbandry and animal quirks.
I want to asigned animal helped just the guy who is working with and ride bears to battle.

And why arents long bows craftable?
>>
>>153658045
I like this idea.
>>
Is there a way to look at the character sheets while assigning work priorities? As in like seeing both at the same time?
>>
>>153652346
Not what I meant

I was thinking of a series of long term mood effects, similar to parties. They might happen quickly, or require a build up of events, but have a set long term effect on the colony. Having a shitty harvest might mean nothing if you have good food reserves, but having a shitty harvest might be devastating if you're struggling already to keep stocked.
>Poor, bad, average, good, excellent harvest ; -3/-2/1/3/5 mood to all colonists
>empty, small, average, large, exceptional food reserves ; -4/-2/0/2/4 mood to all colonists
>>
>>153676686
>your colonist has died
>your medic got the munchies and ate his face
>>
https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/09/alpha15c-is-live/

HYPE
>>
>>153677035
BULLSeye
>>
>>153678498
well at least now my main medic is a fucking machine literally lol
>>
File: 20160902213840_1.jpg (292KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160902213840_1.jpg
292KB, 1600x900px
>>153678697
forgot pic
>>
>>153678624
>Rebalanced drugs to be a bit more profitable and a bit more more dangerous.
Good, they were pretty shit before

>Fix: Luciferium is not addictive; it gives the positive effect forever with no downside.
Wait fucking what? How is that a fix, sounds like hes breaking it.
>>
>>153678893
He's fixing the broke.
>>
>>153678893
It's awfully worded but Luciferium wasn't addictive before A15c
>>
>prisoner dies from luciferium need
>-7 debuff for 5 days
what the fuck this is actually fucking autistic. a guy who tried to kill you died because he decided to do drugs. no way i'm not removing this one.

also what's better to make out of thrumbofur - parkas or armchairs?
>>
>>153678987
Armchairs. Sell for huge money.
>>
>>153678987
animal beds. Have your thrumbos sleep on the skin of their kin.
>>
>>153678972
>>153678978
Ooooh, right my bad
>>
Does A15c break mods?
>>
>>153679521
Only moderately
>>
>>153679585
¿¿¿¿????
>>
>>153679640
it was a pun
>>
>>153679826
It was entertainingly funny, but completely useless. Just like this comment.
>>
File: u wan sum fuk.webm (3MB, 1280x360px) Image search: [Google]
u wan sum fuk.webm
3MB, 1280x360px
how the fuck do you make plasteel
>>
>>153680263
when plastic and a piece of steel love each other...
>>
>>153680346
>dont have babies yet
>but we having fucking inanimate objects
Fucking Rimworld
>>
>>153680263
Disassemble robots
>>
>>153604217
because in rimworld we have small ATVs right?

Also no, they dont just immediately break from driving ATV's on them lifeguards do it all the time
>>
Is there a possibility to change a character treit in the developers mode?

I want to change pyromaniac to jogger
>>
>spend 15 minutes randomizing characters to get a good 3.
>didn't realize that none of them could haul.
>wanderer that joins can't haul either.

well this is going to be fun.
>>
>>153681181
You can add additional, not sure if you can remove. However there is/was a mod that allows you to edit your colonists brains. I am forgetful.
>>
>trying to survive in glacier with only 1 colonist as a challenge
>keep getting random colonists joining me against my wishes

is there any way to stop these fucks/kill them without upsetting my guy?

if he gets any more debuffs he might go into a dazed state and go outside - during winter he can die of hypothermia literally within 30 seconds if he takes is clothes off
>>
>building a mountain base in the corner of the map because fuck off raiders
>infestation
>it's not in my base for once
>it's in the narrow as shit mine behind my base I dug out the ore deposits from in one long janky line wrapping around from the side of my base
>like 9 hives
>my outer walls can't be replaced on that end because I'm using a smoothed walls mod and they're outside the build radius.
>have to get this shit sorted quickly before my planned base gets fucked
>decide to just use 1 gunner to prevent friendly fire
>send in my best
>I'm now playing the best Alien game ever with a lone space marine with a bigass gun and narrow ass halls.
>solo the entire infestation taking a single wound in exchange for a fatal 3rd volley into the last megaspider defending hives 4-6
So...Much...Fun!
>>
>>153682251
There's a mod that lets you alter the population cap.

It's generally used for raising it, but you could lower the hard cap to 1 instead.
>>
>>153683305

I just walled my hive off, put some turrets outside the mine just in case, and left the bugs to it

who cares, right?
>>
>>153683880
"Who cares, right?"

-Anon, 2004-2016
>>
Just badly did corn get nerfed in A15? I have no rich soil, and I must crop.
>>
if I put a power arm on one dude, do I get even more melee damage if I put a second one on him?
>>
>new drop
>next to a suspicious granite wall box
>"hey, it's a new game how bad can it be"
>it's 2 fucking scythers and infernocannon slug

Yeah.
>>
>>153685684
hope you kept some of those nice expensive emp grenades around :^)
>>
>>153685795

It's a new drop, where am I going to get grenades? Also: I took one of the scythers down with me.
>>
>>153685930
for the future those guys don't follow you, they stick to their thing. it does apply debuffs periodically though
>>
>>153680263

> tfw a joke sex robot has a bigger penis than you
> tfw a joke sex robot probably fucks better than you

feels pretty bad
>>
are there a downsides to building in one of the corners of the map?

seems like it would be easier to defend that way
>>
>>153685287
Yes, just don't give him a melee weapon
>>
>>153688040
The benefits outweigh the cons, but enjoy having to walk to the ass end of the map for drop pods, sieges, and handling grinding all the god damn time.
>>
>>153680263

how does it find the hole so well?

when i have sex i normally need like 2 or 3 tries to be on-target

am i just malcoordinated?
>>
>>153688394
he's a fucking machine
>>
>>153687914

Well the VR girls boobs are whatever you want them to be and they never nag you to do the dishes.
>>
File: Dwayne.jpg (45KB, 601x504px) Image search: [Google]
Dwayne.jpg
45KB, 601x504px
I wonder that he isn't incapable of being alive.
kek he actually is.
>>
>>153690182
... AND HE'S THE SHERIFF
>>
>>153690182
don't make fun of him. he has the soul of an artist
>>
>>153690265

He also would like to replace his meats with something else.
>>
File: Deal with it.gif (559KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Deal with it.gif
559KB, 200x200px
>>153690182
>incapable of
>caring
>>
>having sex with the pop idol gives a +28 mood bonus
kek, no wonder everyone is hitting on min
>>
Is there any way to prioritise different fields? My farmers are constantly neglecting the most important ones.
>>
>>153692849
get some better whips
>>
>>153692849
Have less fields or more farmers. Lure them with food and housing.
>>
>>153688040
Until something spawns behind you and its sappers
>>
>>153692849
Light the other fields on fire

They dont like planting crops on fire
>>
>>153692923
>>153693035
>>153693790
one of these is correct
>>
>>153640216
Just play randy but on a lower difficulty setting

you could also manually disable some of the more bullshit RNG events in the scenario editor, like crop blight
>>
>>153692704
Lol, every single pop idol I got was named min, wonder if it's a subtle reference to macross.
>>
>random refugee wants safety from pursuers
>accept
>she has a luciferium addiction
thanks game.
>>
>>153694290
draft her, tell her to stay where she spawned and then create a zone for your guys with the only restricted area a 3x3 box around her
>>
is there some sort of medieval scenario (i have the mod) or will i just have to tech up from tribal?
>>
>>153694462
nah i can still milk some labour out of her, it's only day 2 and i need the colonists. surely everything will be fine so long as nobody else eats the luciferium in her inventory
>>
>>153690229
What I wanna know is where's the tribal?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (8KB, 528x22px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
8KB, 528x22px
the handler is incapable of violence
>>
File: [allahu akbar intensifies].png (630KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
[allahu akbar intensifies].png
630KB, 720x404px
>>153696839
>BIG BLACK BULL will do the violence for him instead
>>
>>153694804
Medieval stuff is added by a mod, though it would be nice to research stuff in layers from tribal instead of going straight for electricity, and advancing through tiers.
>>
Will the releasing of prisoners also improve the relation with pirates?
>>
>>153699764
Nope.
>>
>>153700516
already harvested them.
12k $ made lad.

Not bad.
>>
>>153696839
>maske
>fucking slave rocket engineer snowflake i always euthanise that pos
>>
>>153701254
Either I'm blind or I never get these donut steel colonists, how do I know when I get one?
>>
>>153701939
The backstory will usually sound either edgy or retarded, you can tell by that.
>>
>>153701939
They will always have the same names and backstories as you play multiple games over time. Their stories tend to have special snowflake descriptions, and if you ever try to swap them out in Prepare Carefully they usually have that "not a match" warning.

Some of the more common examples of fixed colonists are Emmie, Freya, Engie, Lumi, Minyoung, Miesha, and the fan favorite tranny: Sparkles.
>>
>>153703803
Engie was my best colonist ever though
I guess I'm not autistic enough to care about something so trivial
>>
>>153702150
>>153703803
Ah, never paid attention to the backstories
>>
>>153704013
Most of them tend to be cool. Lumi is a bounty hunter so she's predispositioned to have good combat stats, and Engie tends to have awesome construction skill. In fact the only ones I tend to have objections with are Feeb the test subject since incapable of quite a few things, and any of the pacifist premade ones like Maskinnen.
>>
>>153704602
I always feed my bears the ones incapable of violence.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (33KB, 629x427px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
33KB, 629x427px
dogo what are you doing
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-02+at+07.32.11).jpg (234KB, 768x815px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-02+at+07.32.11).jpg
234KB, 768x815px
A GREAT WAR
>>
>>153706549
I got a drunk thrumbo earlier. Freaked me the fuck out finding that one of my thrumbos had gone unconcious, thinking that there'd be something nasty out there, capable of bringing that fucker down.

But no, he had just snuck into my fridge and drank himself into oblivion.
>>
the glittertech mod sucks ass
>>
>>153710327
how so? i wanted to try it but i dont need another trash mod
>>
Oh fuck, I just gotta share this.

Started a new drop, 1 rich ojou-sama permawinter mountains as usual.

Things go as normal, manage to put a roof over my cat and myself, building a windmill, yada yada. First raid guy shows up, I put six charge rifle shots in him and he drops, capture him and bandage him up. 58% recruit chance, he's a fat fuck though. I try, but he gets no food. Suddenly, my fucking old man drops out of the sky, and I only have one room finished already. Eh, prison barracks fine whatever. As I hauled his sorry ass in and patch him up too, the other guy could already walk so dad gets the single bed.

As I'm kinda tired after a long day already, a fucking POLAR BEAR attacks! It too goes down with the charge rifle, took three volleys though. A lucky headshot into its brain and its barely alive. Hey, lets capture that thing as well, maybe I can eventually tame it.

So now there's my old man, my cat and this fat fuck pirate in a tiny room with one bed and nobody has eaten yet. I'm very tired and on the edge of major mood event, so I put both the cat and the bear to bed with the euthanize operation anesthesia injection, then cancel the operation.

Everything's cool now, right? I eat one of my survival meals and give one to my dad, he was almost starving too. Time for bed.

3-4 hours later, the bear which is horribly injured suddenly gets up and mauls my cat, then the fat fuck sees the dead cat body and immediately scrambles to it while my dad looks on. The bear doesn't seem willing to share his meal, so they fight for it. Even if injured and barely able to see, the bear wins the fight and obviously eats the fatso instead.

All this while his pretty fucked up daughter just sleeps a few steps away. I'm gonna keep him locked up with the bear until he either joins my crew or the bear gets hungry again.
>>
B-but when does it expire?
>>
>>153712049
the only worthwhile things it adds are some OP guns but they're ENTIRELY uncraftable

other than that its basically just another ore that's useless except as a precursor to its awful lategame materials

also is anybody else unable to make lavish meals on the 15c?
>>
File: withdrawls.jpg (13KB, 339x93px) Image search: [Google]
withdrawls.jpg
13KB, 339x93px
>>153714445
Shit. Forgot my picture. Fucking withdrawals.
>>
>>153714498
nvm on lavish meals, my cooks are shit is all
>>
>>153714585
>>153714445
At 100% withdrawal. You can check progress in the health tab.
>>
>>153690182

nnet who occasionally writes fanfic and calls himself an artist.
>>
>>153715184
Oh I see it.

Shame my colonist had a mental break and got high on flake even though I don't remember any dropping from the drop pod, then ate half a dozen meals. Now it's back to zero.
>>
>>153713728

Oh, I forgot to mention I stripped the fat fuck because I needed his parka to be able to work outside without freezing my tits off.
>>
>>153713728
rip dad
>>
>>153715862

Not yet, he lives another day on raw cat meat and if he doesn't join soon, he gets fat pirate fuck meat.
>>
Things... are going okay.

This may be the first game I get off-planet.
>>
there should be an expansion to the game where its kind of like Tropico 2, and instead of trying to get off of the Rimworld you turn the colony into a pirate base and the space ship is used to launch pirate raids
>>
>>153716830
raiding other factions shit mods when?
>>
File: Ryland 2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ryland 2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>153716626

Whoops.
>>
>>153715862

Another bear attack, which took four volleys this time. Now there's an injured, bleeding female bear in the cell with him and a male bear. I'm thinking of building a freezer in the wall and cranking it up so the heat from it's exhaust port will make things more interesting.
>>
>>153717337
are those catacombs in the right the colonists that died?
>>
>>153717483

I've fed the bears human meat now, and the male braindamaged bear is getting hungry soon. If the old man doesn't join my crew in the next couple days, I suspect he might become bear food.
>>
dead general
>>
Dearm /rgg/
Fuck me
give me some 15c torrent
Sincerely Emily Young
>>
>>153722301
gib torrent or it stays dead
Ill also murder your family in theire sleep
And theyr son too
Not sisters
I will mary the sisters and incest bred them with me to meke more me to fuck more mel-ikes
>>
>>153688040
people spawn from all corners, so you just have one vulnerable corner where it's difficult to stagger defenses

i did it myself once and it was super annoying
>>
>>153694259
i've got one in each game and they were always great social girls, i like to think it's the same one running away from the wrecks of my colonies
>>
Did they remove the Challenging difficulty?
>>
what can i do with corpses
>>
>>153726129
Eat them.
>>
>>153726360
anything else?
>>
File: result.jpg (52KB, 589x526px) Image search: [Google]
result.jpg
52KB, 589x526px
>go to scenario editor
>type in your full name as seed
>post results
>>
>>153726450
bury them
>>
Is potato too op?
>>
>>153727214
on rich soil rice is more op.
>>
>>153548240
>comfytown
>all those animals in one tiny room
wow
>>
>>153726549
>putting your full name on 4chan
do you think im retarded?
>>
>>153547984
put wood floors between your fields to prevent trees spreading onto them and fires ruining them
>>
should i keep patients separated? i.e. 1 room per hospital bed
>>
>>153729410
>>153729410
>>
Can someone spoonfeed me a good early game defence layout?
>>
>>153553858
>>153553768
>>153553660
>"GIRL ALERT! GIRL ALERT!!!"
>>
>>153717337
disgusting bedrooms
Thread posts: 763
Thread images: 108

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.