[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/evog/ - Evolve General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 523
Thread images: 35

File: paladin.jpg (4MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
paladin.jpg
4MB, 4096x2304px
20 minutes of life edition

>Add yourself to the list and find people here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RQGpWqupSMEKL8g9qzBKUK0aBMdrFz9DX0LXxAkuTuQ/edit?usp=sharing

http://store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
http://evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
http://www.evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the few thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>patchnotes
https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/the-paladin-armor-update-2-08-live-now/100587

>Last thread
>>153208961
>>
Anyways I'll be making a new thread with every patch so there can be some discussion, but I have no interest in making new ones every time this dies(unless it somehow reaches the bump limit, which I doubt)

Paladin Parnell's stats can be found here(https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/paladin-parnell-stats-8-30-2016/101154)

In all he's solid. Very solid, maybe even op. Without his super soldier or anything he's basically caira with one more grenade, but more range and easier to aim. His shotgun deals great damage and restores his pseudo RVal healing burst. Granted I haven't been able to play him against people yet cause everyone wants to be the medic right now, so I don't know how well he functions against a competent monster.

Surprisingly only Renegabe got nerfed this patch, his DoT's got scaled back approx 6% or so, which is pretty small all things considering. Solo hunter buffs were also reeled back. New matchmaking is... Pitting me against 10 hour people. Step down from the 100+ hour people I was getting before.
>>
>>153387438
>https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/the-paladin-armor-update-2-08-live-now/100587

I was just about to say Paladin Parnell plays like a stronger Caira.
>>
>>153387663
I'm expecting him to get nerfed in the next patch
>>
Wew
>>
>Balance Updates
>new hunter nerf
>PParnell will probably nerfed to dead in the next patch

It's sad that Evolve will die because of this retarded "balance". 4v1 was a mistake.

I hope they will make something like 4 hunters vs 4 hunters or 2 monsters vs 2 monsters, to stop this retarded "balancing".
>>
>>153390293
Will work 4 mini monsters vs 4 hunters?
>>
File: 20160830161422_1.jpg (231KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160830161422_1.jpg
231KB, 1920x1080px
One step closer to a team of space marines.
>>
PParnell will be nerfed to waggie tier, so level him up while you can
>also tfw you as trapper stay between two big black men in the dropship
Shyyiiiett
>>
>>153387438
>>153387663
>Paladin Parnell
>Better than Caira
Just /evog/ things.

Remember
>Lazarus Tier 5
>EMET Tier 1
>Bucket Tier 2
>All the other retarded shit
>>
>>153392418
Personally I don't think that PParnel THAT good how people wants to think, but because of all that bitching, of course, he will be destroyed by TRS. Anyway try Rval after his death if you like the idea of antifocus medic.
>>
>>153392497

t. shitter

Let's look at the numbers shitter.

Paladin Parnell = 1625 in 15 seconds without Righteous Fury buff or 2500 with said buff

Caria = 1850 Caria wins by 225 heals without Paladin Parnell's Righteous Fury buff

He wins by 650 with his buff. This isn't even mentioning his superior self-survivability with his Slim-esque self-healing and Damage Reduction. His damage from the shotgun is also much stronger than Caira's napalm grenade launcher and actually will be used plenty as the monster will no doubt try to target the medic. Using it will deter the monster as his Slim heal chain goes off.

>all that other shit
Ya I'm not even defending those.
>>
GIVE ME TO ME STRAIGHT
HOW OP IS PP
>>
>first game as paladin after some bot testing
>okay, I can heal myself for days, finally no more this focused-to-death shit
>get matched against wraith
>wraith fucking RAPED me and shit on me with all my trying to selfprotect
>he has 25 hours
>my teammates has 1-3 hours
>I am shit? I am shit, right?
>yes I am
>maybe it's just a shit balancing by trs?
>no, you're fucking shit, faggot
>i am
>I want to kill myself
>why am I even exist
>am I really triggered that much by videogame?
>am I crazy?
>man you was fucking killed by a noob with 25 hrs. And you was the fucking paladin
>oh no voices please stop
>please
>I just wanted to play paladin
>no
>no
>please
>>
>>153393364
Unlike PParnel,Caira's heal burst works on your teammates which does make a huge difference.

Also, I never found it hard to escape monsters with my 3 + Jump height
>>
>>153393793
The game has become literally unplayable for Westerners, 90% of my team mates is Pajeet with 190> ping.
>>
>WOW MONSTERS ARE SO OVERPOWERED LITERALLY NOBODY IS PLAYING HUNTER ANY MORE
>Literally 30 minutes scenes on day 1 because nobody is queueing as monster
>>
>>153389101
"We decided Paladin Parnell was dealing too much damage and too much healing, in effect making Lazarus seem useless, so we've given him just a touch to balance him out"

Mutagen shotgun reduced from 11 per pellet to 1 per pellet

Genesys Rocket heal reduced from 175 healing per shot to 1 healing per shot

Righteous Fury bonuses removed, now instantly grants three strikes

Heal boost removed entirely.
>>
>>153397147
Good
>>
>R Abe nerfed
Why are we nerfing the 3rd worst assault after blitzkov and torvald? He only is good at chase damage and is utter shit in a dome, coming from someone who loves his kit
>>
>>153399421
Toxic for monster players.
>>
>>153399421
>renegabe is worse than Lennox
This is a joke right?
>>
>>153399421
Monster being unable to recharge their shield while running?
Too toxic for monster gameplay :^)
>>
>>153400059
I completely forgot about lennox's nerf because I haven't seen her since.
>>
>>153400143
Renegabe is a great assault. Parnell>renegabe=Markov >Hyde >the others>torvald
>>
>>153397147
its 125 healing per shot not 175
>>
>>153400854
I was getting 175 per shot when I tried him out.
>>
>>153399421
>utter shit in a dome

You realise the dome doesn't come down until you reach a certain amount of damage, unless the monster is shitting on you.
>>
>>153402924
Not him, but-

>the dome doesn't come down until you reach a certain amount of damage, unless the monster is shitting on you

Ergo you want to reach it as quickly as possible, closing the window of opportunity for the monster to shit on you or for a teammate to fuck up.
>>
Perk setup for PP?
>>
>>153401259
maybe i'm wrong
>>
>>153403892
Might be a perk on my end, but I think I just went full weapon swap with gold jetpack for chasing.
>>
>>153403832
swap reload reload. double reload shaves off about 8.5-9 seconds off the reload of his super soldier and since the reload time on his weapons is 3.5s each, you shave off nearly a second on his regular reloads.
>>
What kind fixes did they implement is trs completely retard or smth? I'm getting paired with hunters who got 0.6 hours WTF man and guess what the monster has 200 hours.

THIS FUCKING GAME MAN.

TRS team is full of stupid retarded monkeys i swear
>>
File: wtf.png (5KB, 486x161px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
5KB, 486x161px
what is this?
>>
I lost the password to my main account and steam support is being a pain in the ass. I have around 200 hrs on my main account and around 40 hrs on my current account.

ADD ME and if you think I suck just block me!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/EVS2
>>
>>153404824
Just go into your updates queue and manually start the update. Worked for me.
>>
>>153404932
I set it to high priority then it worked, thanks for the help anon
>>
>>153404824
Steam (top right) > settings > download > change the server to vietnam
>>
>>153404824
Dude Sex Man Div players had this same problem. Change download region to 'Nam or Vancouver. Change back once D/L starts.

The only good thing Vietnam ever gave the world.
>>
CO-OP IS FUN AGAIN.

PRAISE THE WISE DEVS.
>>
>>153406314
How come did they improve the AI?
>>
>>153406607
They fixed the speed increase bugs so co-op is playable again in general.
>>
>doubled silver key rate
what I can buy a new hunter like after 5 matches

what are they going to charge me for?

Oh who am I kidding they will NEVER get any more money from me for this shit game.
>>
>>153406607
They fixed AI being faster than the speed of light.
>>
NEW BUG: Egriff with a defense powerup from an elite animal can fly forever by tapping jump without using jetpack.

Incapable of descending though, and if reaching top of the map, gets killed for being out of bounds.

Dunno if it's just egriff that can do it, or if the powerup is even involved, but it was cool as shit to just boost around never falling from the sky.
>>
>>153409296
So it's overpowered exclusive?
>>
>man playing QCaira is mad at my Evolve play
lol
>>
Jack, Kala, Lennox, Slim, Torvald.

Who do i buy
>>
>>153411503
Jack Lennox or Slim
>>
>>153411503
torvald jack or slim
>>
>>153411503
jack and slim
rest are bad
>>
>>153411503
Kala and Lennox are the two strongest by miles.
>>
Anyone want to coop grind??
>>
>>153415053
Like, in a team?

Do you get a key/exp bonus for being in a group or something?
>>
>>153417541
You eventually get keys for being in a group
>>
tv/puggims

guy is drunk as fuck
I'm having the best time of my life
>>
How many games need to be played to level up profile?
>>
>>153426058
getting to level 75 is slow as fuck even with double exp
>>
Paladin Parnell is kind of retarded.

He is literally caira and slim rolled up into one character, with an assault shield, parnell rage, and healing buff in one ability.

I only win against him by hit & running the hunters and slowly getting ticks on the support and trapper, then hoping I can combo them down when I start to commit with the fight.
>>
>>153427103
cry more monster shitter
>>
>>153427247
I just played as him twice since I posted that, first against kraken and against moliath.

Neither had a single fucking hope of a chance, and never got a single hunter below 50% HP.

You can literally only win if the pparnell is bad or can't aim his healing rockets. Its insane.

Also fun fact he has the grade A fastest healing rate in the entire game with his fury buff on.
>>
>>153428253
parnell can't heal himself and others at the same time. while you're focusing parnell down, chuck rocks or warp blasts at hank if they have one or other hunters in general.
>>
>>153428387
>while you're focusing parnell down, chuck rocks or warp blasts at hank if they have one or other hunters in general.

I don't think you know what focus means.
>>
>>153428253
>plays against shitty monsters
>is a shitty monster player

What can I say, shitters attract shitters.
>>
>>153428940
go ahead and completely and utterly devote your attention to Pally and see what happens. Now do it again but this time instead of spending 4 abilities on him, spend 3 and use the 4th one on support if it's a hank or any other character if not hank. You'd notice a very big difference.

unlike literally every other medic who can heal themselves and their team while being focused, ParapaParnell cannot, and that is how you defeat him.
>>
>tfw no coop buddies to grind my PP with
>>
>>153427103
You just played with monster autist.
As always, you should underestand, that there's already very strong hunter combos across pro teams, and monsters still can destroy any combo.
PParnel is just not shit like emet, and will be nerfed to his level after all this bitching.
>>
>>153429268
>ad hominem name calling and fails to refute the point

>>153428387
Yes he can. His fury increases his healing output both by increasing the healing burst and his fire rate with the rocket launcher.
>>
>>153431393
doesn't increase his heal burst. It's just fire rate/reload/damage reduction. Although since you seem to clearly know what you're talking about, I'd like to see a video of you healing yourself and someone else against a monster who's splitting damage between the two of you.
>>
>>153431393

Kek, don't flatter yourself. For me to refute something, you'd have to present an argument first off, and all you did was present some subjective complaints based on your own experience— as if that metric was worth anything.

>"My experience with Paladin Parnell is the opposite. I haven't lost a single game to him today, and I've played Goliath, Kraken, and Gorgon. He's not a very good medic because of the fact that he has strict dichtonomy of healing teammates and self-healing."

This is my experience and it's a worthless platform for any argument.

Bring up numbers, statistics, and/or actual objectivity into your "argument" next time, shitter.
>>
>>153432749
you first autist
>>
>>153432749

I wasn't the one claiming to have had an argument in the first place. All I did was point out a shitter when I saw one.
>>
>>153433281

For >>153433130
>>
pparnell does seem very strong
>>
Paladin Parnell is pretty goddamn strong but his rockets cant outheal a monster focusing one player. He needs hero mode to outheal that
Ignore him and attack the support or whoever's weak. When he uses hero mode, play defensively. Go break any deployables, stop Lennox/Bltizkov from ramping up, hide and try to regen armor, whatever. Once it comes down, go ham on the support. Knock Parnell away or down cliffs if you can, its harder to heal if the patient is above him
He'll get nerfed eventually but right now he's still manageable
>>
>>153433281
Good, we are in agreement. You don't have an argument.
>>
>>153433858

Yes I never presented an argument and neither did you, unless that shitter babbling was supposed to be construed as one then in that case, holy kek uninstall please.
>>
>>153433478
>>153433815
he just seems strong because almost all the other medics are garbage. there were no aggressive based medics after all the nerfs to slim and emet, they both deal piss poor damage and Rogue val has had her healing nerfed to the point it practically doesn't exist.

monsters are so used to being able to faceroll their keyboard on a single hunter and having a promised down that they never learned how to actually figure out who to focus at that specific moment. It was always "do they have a Hank? Yes? Focus him down. No? Focus medic down. Oh medic is rogue val and no hank? focus anyone that isn't medic or assault"

You can't just go "Oh look, PuffyParnell and Kala? I'll just focus kala down" or "Oh i'll just focus PanaceaParnell" Since if you dedicate to either of those you'll probably lose. Now they have to go "Oh parnell keeps healing this person, i'm going to go beat up parnell a bit then switch to someone else then switch back to parnell when he tries to heal them"

For the first time in stage 2 history you actually have to use your brain on who to focus at that moment, there isn't some obvious weak link like there is with val hank where it's just hurrdurr tunnel vision focus hank cause val can't outheal focus damage and hank can't protect himself anymore, take 1.5-2 bars of health damage and get a strike then do it all over again and kill hank faster because he has less health now.
>>
>crow tries to tinkerbell me and fly to the top of the dome
>websling up and wallpounce him to the ground
I can almost taste the tears
>>
>>153435151
why would crow be running anything other than 3 tiers of damage? He deserved to be airpounced.
>>
File: 1228522267003.jpg (23KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1228522267003.jpg
23KB, 600x450px
>>153435603
>he uses damage perks on hunters
>>
File: itsdead.png (95KB, 1274x450px) Image search: [Google]
itsdead.png
95KB, 1274x450px
It's dead guys, let the general die already. When game balance is so bad and feels so shit that you go from 50k to 2.5k this fast it's not worth caring about fellas
>>
>>153435820
only on crow and parnell due to the fact our team runs aggressive comps
>>
>>153435968
I still like the game even though TRS as a developer team sucks donkey dick.
>>
>>153410854
Hey man, it's called overpowered for a reason.
>>
>tfw the only euro in these threads
>>
>>153438545
Real yuros play good games not imbalanced casual trash like Evolve.
>>
>Medic from 'Nam (PParnell)
>He DCs due to high ping
>His character lags outside of the dome
>everyone but him is dead (The support was Kala)
>"Restart Round"
>"Voting Failed"
>"Restart Round"
>"Voting Failed"
>The bitch wins
>he says "idc free win"
>I tell him he is a bitch and his momma must be proud to raise a bitch like him
>he says "she is dead"
>i say "idc"

either 12 year old kids play this game or poor fuckers from 'nam and korea.
>>
>>153435981
>>153435603
This nigger knows what's up.
>>
>>153438601
like Battlefield 1 right
>>
Why do people want to go back to the Hunters having a 65% winrate? do they not remember how many dodges it took before somebody stuck around when dealt the Monster card?
>>
>>153442503
cry harder monster shitter
>>
>>153442759
>Can't beat barely functioning monsters
>Calls others shitters
Jokes on you, It's me, Dr. Dick.
>>
There a tier list for this game? Just started playing, don't want to sink keys into shit characters.
>>
>>153443723
good chars:
Hank, Sunny
Markov, Hyde, Parnell
Abe, Griffin, Crow
Val, Emet, Caira, PParnell
>>
>>153430924
dunno if you're still about but im down for co op grinding for as long as i have hunters to level
>>
>>153415053
still on?
>>
>>153443723
Do you want "good chars" or "chars" you win with?
>>
>>153442503
>Why do people want to go back to the Hunters having a 65% winrate?
You mean back when the game had 50k players?
But please do continue to tell me how you think your 90% win rate with monster is important enough to lose the entire fucking player base.
>>
>>153446602
Funnily enough I've heard this exact same argument used to excuse Chinese p2w garbage.
>>
>>153446237
I'm not going to be obsessive about picking the best of the best. Rather, I hear that there are some objectively horrible characters, such as Lazarus, and I want to avoid spending resources on characters that are just straight up not worth playing.
>>
>>153446906
>laz
>bad

this is why you don't listen to /evog/
>>
>>153446838
Funnily enough I've read this exact same argument on counters shitposting threads.
>>
>>153446906
You shouldn't really listen to /evog/, they're really fucking bad with very few hours invested into the game, Lazarus isn't "objectively horrible", quite the opposite.
>>
>>153446974
Could you go back to "League of at least our game is popular in Korea ;_;;" general please.
>>
>>153447074
Could you go back to /b/ and shitpost there?
>>
>>153445210
>8hrs ago
What do you thinl sunshine
>>
>>153446970
>>153447004
>literally works against the curent dome mechanics
>requires competent teammates to have a chance to be effective
>any half-decent monster can counter him with little effort or simply focus his ass
>>
>>153447261
>Yet still somehow manages to have the highest WR of all medics by far
>>
>>153447552
and lowest pickrate
>>
>>153447678
yes, only good players should pick him

not the average /evog/ shitter
>>
>>153447737
Should only be picked in a coordinated team, ie premade or with players you know are good
Picking him with random pubs is in most cases just effort in futility
>>
>>153447982
Don't bother, these shitters will claim that anything and everything is balanced when in a 4 man premade team of highly competitive players with mics.
So hunters are never bad and in fact need to be nerfed.
>>
>>153447982
>Picking him with random pubs is in most cases just effort in futility

No it isn't, you just don't know the tricks. We've already had this discussion multiple times in theses threads, accept your a shitter, stop picking a different role and hunter every game and actually learn how to play the game.
>>
>>153448094
>Wah~ I've lost 20 games in a row because of my team mates
t. sub-0.5 win rate shitter
>>
>>153448172
t. 'I didnt get my preferred role so I quit the lobby' shitter
>>
File: 1444811478824.jpg (197KB, 599x880px) Image search: [Google]
1444811478824.jpg
197KB, 599x880px
>tfw no /evog/ lobby to bully
Will you guys start inviting me again, I promise to stop bullying you about your shitty jetpack usage.
>>
>>153448172
>>153448247
>but you aren't even playing premade
>but you don't even use "tricks"
>but you don't even know how to play
Are monster mains really this delusional?
>>
>>153448613
>People discussing their favourite hunters and how to play them are obviously monster mains

???

Is /evog/ really this desperate?
>>
>>153448602
I just always play Support now. By the end of 99% matches support has 2 strikes anyway and since I completely suck at dodging/kiting no one can really blame me for having strikes on support character

Feels good.
>>
>>153448602
but people need to be bullied about jetpack usage otherwise they complain that monster abilities are undodgable
>>
>>153449531
they are if Kraken takes grounder
>>
>>153449718
in the stupid situation where a kraken actually takes grounder he hardly even has enough damage to down a hunter through any half decent medics healing
>>
>>153449952
Lightning Stike does 700 damage and you need 2 jets to dodge it with grounder

Good luck nigga
>>
>>153450179
lightning strike doesnt even do 700 damage but i'll let you off the 47 points of damage and once again if a kraken is taking grounder hes probably retarded, you have 4 jets so even if he is runing grounder you can dodge 2 of them but by time he has it up again you will probably have full jets but lets say you use the other 2 to dodge aftershock, this whole time you're being healed / shielded, if you're medic is competent you'll be full health by time his next rotation of lighting strike and aftershock comes back up
>>
>>153393364
>>153394257

Sure raw stats's are... what they are.

But there's more to them than that. A team that known's what they are doing, speed-boosted by Caira, hound the monster like no other. It's fucking brutal.
>>
>>153450516
He also has banshee
and vortex

good luck dodging LS when you have other shit to dodge/evade
good luck having full jets during battle with kraken
>>
>>153449531
say that to goliath's buggy ass collision on his rock
>>
>>153451712
Yeah, Paladin Parnell is great but just him hounding a monster with the reduced dps isn't that good unless he gets the slowing bullets mutation.

Caira's better for overall chasing down monsters, Paladin Parnell is good overall but he doesn't really have a specialty other than he can tank the best out of all medics without needing hank to support him.
>>
>>153451876
95% of banshee mines can be and should be destroyed they are so unreliable and you should only get hit by vortex's if hes coming up in your face / when hes comboing it into aftershock, there is absolutely no excuse for getting hit by vortex if hes 30+ meters away from you flying / playing sky kraken, you can see that shit from a mile off and even run out of it depending on radius

>>153452093
yeah goliath rock throw splash radius feels a bit ridiculous at the moment
>>
So what would a full 'going nowhere monster' comp be? Crow for stasis gun, val for tranq, Kala for teleporting ahead of the monster constantly if he's getting away, then ??? for assault? Idea being that once you catch monster once it can't ever get away again unless it downs at least two people at once so there's no one to both chase and revive.
>>
PP is so fucking shit in pubs, holy shit! People constantly moving out of FOV and moving away from me. I have higher winrate as laz
>>
>>153453501
Well you shouldn't be playing with retard pubs then, get some friends or beg someone to drag you into a group.
>>
>>153453501
People mostly just move in whatever way gets them away from monster, or try to at least. Unless medic is absolutely shitting out heals it's usually more important to even slightly reduce monster dps than to be in perfect spot for healing at all times. Haven't played pp though so maybe he's different.
>>
>>153453571
I have no friends that play this game and I just want to level PP to elite.
>>
>>153453717
Oh are you the guy who just posts the elite skins, good luck since pubs are probably too used to just getting a heal burst more than actually being healed by a AoE.
>>
>>153448760
>tf2 last 6 games no one even bothered to focus me
well shit kek
>>
>>153453623
MONSTER MAIN DISINFO
>>
>>153453874
not that guy, but I want the badge at least and elite skin, so I don't have to play after they nerf the shit out of him like they do with every other hunter
>>
Oh boy oh boy, i hope the upcoming support variant is gunna be >Lennox. :)=
>>
assault emet when
>>
File: 1469288561251.png (64KB, 256x299px) Image search: [Google]
1469288561251.png
64KB, 256x299px
>game paires me with people who has 1000+ hrs
>it thinks I'm on the same level
>skill-based my ass

kek
I assume it is so dead the matchmaking just gave up and added me into the closest not yet full lobby
>>
Is there any way to guarantee staying as a hunter crew with your party? It's bullshit being split up like that.
>>
>>153455897
it's amazing that they still haven't fixed that
if everyone chooses ready and stays in the group, it still splits it up 4/5 times for me at least
>>
what is it about Kala that 9/10 people don't seem to get? why the fuck do these mouth breathers consider using her beam in the first encounter in the first dome when the monster has full armor a good idea?
>>
File: 1472311829990.png (68KB, 479x455px) Image search: [Google]
1472311829990.png
68KB, 479x455px
>>153456652
>>
>>153459554
a gentleman's reply
>>
File: 1469166431070.png (141KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
1469166431070.png
141KB, 246x246px
>badges only have 1 row of colors now
YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>153461707
.. but most badges have had only one row throughout stage 2 beta?
>>
Paladin Parnell is pretty fucking sweet lads. His particle effects are kinda tacky but in an endearing way. I might take him to level 40 if his elite skin looks dope.
>>
Haven't most had two? Also a lot of the badge colors in character level screen were changed.
>>
>>153462301
Meant for >>153461956
>>
>>153462301
many had only 1, some had 2 or even 3
founder shit had all unlocked
>>
File: hmm.jpg (32KB, 809x713px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
32KB, 809x713px
could this be a hint towards the next monster variant or just a random thing?
>>
>>153463297
Looks like elder kraken
>>
>>153463614
Dunno, either it's a zombie or it's webbing for the top portion. Maybe electro gorgon?
>>
>>153465214
It's definitely webbing.
>>
File: PPE.jpg (110KB, 705x877px) Image search: [Google]
PPE.jpg
110KB, 705x877px
here's my PP lv 40 Elite skin I just got, took 49 coop games with 2x modifier that's active right now
>>
>>153467948
Looks kinda bad
>>
>>153467948
Finally an elite hunter skin that actually looks better than the default.
>>
>>153456652
>kala
>good
lmfao
>>
>>153467948

Eh, I prefer the default. The eyes look vacant. Should have made the eyes have a white iris like how the default skin has that orange glowing bit.
>>
>>153467948
ULTRAMARINES!!!
>>
>>153468695
Fuck off papa smurf
>>
File: 1470787042959.jpg (93KB, 400x394px) Image search: [Google]
1470787042959.jpg
93KB, 400x394px
>its a kala episode
god fucking damnit the support is supposed to be able to stop the monster from tunnelling the hunters one by one, yet kala does none of this shit
go play based hank instead of your shitty monster girl with a dumb lore you fucks
>>
>getting account level to 75

the struggle is real
>>
Huh, so EMET's respawn beacon really ain't so very terrible after all. With the fuckhuge heal radius he has with the short cooldown, he's really not that shit.

Did I get memed by /evog/? I don't get how he's supposed to be so bad when you can shit out 20k-30k heals consistently for any decently long match.
>>
>>153472076
Sounds like you didnt visit since emet buffs
>>
>>153472076
EMET is the most cancerous to play against when I play the more autistic side aka monster.

Fucking mechanigger keeps throwing more buoys the moment you waste your time on destroying them, spams fucking heal burst like no tomorrow with massive range thanks to buoys and does damage to you with his faggy missiles, too. And then he puts up his fucking beacon somewhere behind some shit and you need to find it and get to it or hunters keep coming back as soon as you kill another.

I've yet to lose to an EMET but he is fucking cancer to play against. Especially when paired with something like Maggie constantly throwing poons.
>>
>>153473430
>maggie
>poons

Now that I think of it, I've never bothered to look up rule34 for this game.

I wonder...
>>
>>153390293

Good, pparnell is broken. Needs nerf on his self heal and he should be good.

And if you want 4v4 go play left for dead.
>>
>>153467948

Can they knock it off with this blue theme shit? It looks bad and nothing about it says "elite".
>>
>>153469038
>stop the monster from focusing one guy
That's trappers job
>>
>it's a nobody bothers to shoot krakren's maxed mines episode and stands in lightning
matchmaking is shitting itself with so few players playing this game
>>
>>153475845
Left 4 Dead probably has more players than Evolve at this point
>>
Jack players ahoy!
Can his pushing power rival Griffins pulling power?
What function does his *3* hold now that every trapper has a scanner?

Played one match in which i was interrupted a lot while using the Repulsor. Already looked up a couple of videos and it seems that it's supposed to be used from a way longer range than it thought...

And yeah... i used to, and still, play Griffin a lot, and i'm just wondering if Jack is worth the effort.
>>
Why do people skip wraith trap? I mainly see monster players whining about it and yelling on mic before the match starts to skip it
>>
>>153483592
His 3 is useful when you (correctly) guess that the monster just juked your ass after a planet scan, or just went in an unexpected direction in general.

I don't think range has anything to do with his repulsor's effectiveness.
>>
>>153483592
Jack is the trapper with the absolute best survivability. Also, his satellite beacon can interrupt armour channeling if a monster is hiding inside the dome due to doing some damage.
Otherwise it's literally a fucking second planet scanner which is really, really useful.

So he's better at tracking, better at in-dome survivability against any mainly-melee monster (which is most of them) and since repulsor does not require accurate aim it's also much easier to use than, say, Griffin's harpoon due to not missing.
>>
>>153484307
Which one is the map where the relay is at the edge of a map and with a really convenient ledge for the hunters to roach the fuck out of the monster?

Because fuck that place, those niggers could set up like no tomorrow.
>>
>>153484797
that's weather control, I'm thinking of the one with the relay in the middle of the map in a pit
>>
File: my soul.jpg (12KB, 177x177px) Image search: [Google]
my soul.jpg
12KB, 177x177px
>>153484497
>I don't think range has anything to do with his repulsor's effectiveness.

Yeah. I mean that i basically thought you were supposed to go to "grappling range" and constantly try to jump between a monster and some other hunter. I played like that for the first match and wondered why the monster so easily interrupted it. Then i saw a load of videos where people used it from a longer range (like your supposed to) and curve the beam, at one point even keeping the monster in mid-air with it. I'm just lucky that i didn't ruin other peoples games by being the worst Jack in humankinds history, as i was testing him out with a group of bots then.

>>153484621
Sounds good.
>>
>>153484307
I think it's because it's the smallest map in the game so it's harder for the monster to escape. A griffin can cover at least half the map with his three sound spikes for instance. I don't think it has any caves for the monster to hide in either to take cover from orbital barrage stuff.
>>
>>153486632
It has caves and a roofed area east of the starting point
>>
>>153483592
Jacks repulser is honestly better than the harpoon depending on the monster inside the dome
>>
Laz
>>
>Added TO DO - Monsters - Doing damage gives monsters energy

Uhh
>>
>>153494386
Why should monsters have to eat? They should be able to evolve just by killing and fighting in the first dome
>>
File: I'll_Speak_To_The_Children (2).png (97KB, 385x384px) Image search: [Google]
I'll_Speak_To_The_Children (2).png
97KB, 385x384px
>playing with 0.1 hour players since last update
>>
>pparnell players spend the whole time just healing themselves
trash
>>
>>153446970
>>153447004
>le don't listen to evog meme
Weird it's always the obvious shitters who say that. Huh.
>>
>>153499916
>le listen to evog meme
Weird it's always the obvious shitters who say that. Huh.
>>
>>153500267
>evog to meme le listen

Shitters the always who it's weird that obvious say. Huh.
>>
This new matchmaking somehow managed to make things work, holy shit, people in my game have regressed 50+ IQ points.
>>
>>153501275
>Role selection is now just whoever can lock in the class of their choice first
Who thought this was a good idea
Everyone just quits out until they get the role they want
>>
>>153502241
>Pick Lazarus
>Support instantly picks Bucket and proceeds to be completely and totally fucking useless
>I'm fucking retarded enough not to have dodged the second I saw he picked Bucket
Oh yeah, this is why I stopped playing.
>>
>>153503632
>picking Laz
your fault
>>
>>153503794
>Laz is bad meme
Laz main detected, TSR is already onto him.
>>
Hunt matchmaking is bugged as hell. Sometimes it doesn't even spin and Arcade fires instantly.
>>
>>153494386
>moved Behemoth Adaptation from TO DO to ACTIVE
>moved New Adaptation - Unannounced Support from TO DO to ACTIVE
>>
>>153505331
Hopefully bob comes out before the game dies
>>
>>153508334
They're testing him really hard to make sure he's perfect for stage 2.
>>
>>153508435
>TR
>caring about balance or depth
>or any aspect of game design
>>
>>153509121
It's nice that you caught the joke, now then.
The checklist indictaes that they have to make sure Bob has exactly one million armor and health, his movement speed has to be between Goliath and Gorgon, and that instead of rolling he just burrows underground and rapidly rolls around from there.

Also his stealth attack causes him to eat the hunter whole immediately, and instead of giving them a strike they have to choose a different hunter and perks.
>>
>renegade abe as a sign in bonus for two months in a row
>all of the "big" drops are coins
Wew.
>>
>>153509827
Really? Because I see Bob as this month's day 28 reward.
>>
>>153509827
It looks like blood eagle Rabe, not just Rabe
I'm seeing Green Goliath, coins, Blood Eagle Rabe, coins, Bob
>>
>Come back after the Renegade Abe and Paladin Parnell
>Both seem pretty cool
>Nerfed and apparently going to get nerfed again
I just wanted to play Parnell again :(
>>
>>153512916
Both Abes and Parnells are still pretty good though
I think Rabe still does a fuckton of damage when chasing, even after the nerf
>>
>>153513021
>Both Parnell's are good
woah wait what? Did regular Parnell get buffed again? The general used to shit on him. If so, I'm gonna hop back on and play Pally or regular Parnell
>>
>>153513309
>The general used to shit on him
you mean one guy
>>
>>153513309
he's not stage 2 release blitz or anything but he's no torvald, go ahead and play him.
>>
>>153513309
Parnell has solid damage in and out of the dome and the only downside to him is if the medic is ass you might down yourself
>>
3:59Maniacsquirell : I don
3:59 Moderator stevosaurus : make the shield a link and have hank take a % of dmg blocked
3:59Maniacsquirell : don't want to take away the flavor of the shield though
4:01Fresh_89 : turn down the shield recharge by 30 at least brandon
4:01Maniacsquirell : ok, 30 seconds added to Hank reload
>>
>>153514063
>you might down yourself
Does his super suit actually hurt hI'm? I can't even see a health loss
>>
>>153514253
I think its 25% damage or so. It just isnt visible until something actually hits you. Acid pools on orbital drill dont show the damage they deal either
You're probably just regenning before you get hit again
>>
>this new matchmaking system
i love how much of a joke this game has become
its like they brought everyones hopes high with stage two, and then they showed everyone once again how much of good devs trs are
>>
>>153514460
it's 5% which heals back almost instantly from the natural health regen. it used to be 25% about 9 months ago though
>>
>>153516969
So nothing then
>>
>there are retards that can't even use PP properly
>>
>>153487134

Unfortunately, it is also a horrible place for monsters to fight. Roaching up and down the platform and playing ring around the rosie over and under the platform makes for hell for the monster. I almost never go in that area as monster.
>>
>>153509353

>burrow traversal

Holy shit anon, thats actually genious and you don't even realize it. Imagine this, what if instead of rolling behemoth burrowed underground and emerged when the traversal ended. Doing so would leave tall shockwaves of dirt in his wake (ala diablos from monster hunter). This would allow him to actually escape through elevations and escape the hunters, which is currently one of his biggest problems. Technicals: Travel speed would be constant, not speed up like ball, have less range than ball, have a moderate speed. Leaves a trail of piles of dirt where the shockwaves were. Can go under mountains and such obstacles, but must have enough traversal to make it past the halfway point underneath, otherwise he gets booted back to the nearest available above ground area.

Holy fuck
>>
>>153525914
>go through the cave wall on that one swampy looking map
Sounds kinda fun
>>
>>153494386
Stop
Please stop
Why did balance should be getting worse with each update? Why?
>>
>>153530185
they should just make it so that if a hunter shoots the monster once, it instantly evolves to stage 3
>>
File: areyoufeelingit.jpg (27KB, 551x640px) Image search: [Google]
areyoufeelingit.jpg
27KB, 551x640px
>>153494386
nice bait bru- Holy fucking shit you aren't joking.
>>
https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/september-punch-card-rewards/101361

glacial behemoth skin HYPE
>>
>>153531695
The fact that Bob's anywhere on the list gives me false hope that he'll be released next patch
>>
>>153532195
I suspect he'll be released along with monster passives, on that note, does anyone have any guesses as to what sorta passives they'll add, got a few ideas personaly
goliaths: chaining abilitys gives you greater damage (i.e. combos)

bob, damage reduction, increases the futher away the attacker is

wraith, the first attack it makes in combat does increased damage
cant think of any more
>>
>>153534469
that would make goliath seriously OP, both goliaths are already top tier monsters with great combo ability

wraith better get either extremely low and slow health regen or some kind of armor regen passive considering the tiny as fuck healthbar
>>
>>153534469
supposedly, goliath, meaty goliath, and bob are all getting the same passive. After taking enough damage, they'll enrage and get a fire aura around them
This is just a claim from some youtube fag who says he played with TRS devs though, so it might be bullshit
>>
>>153534469
Last I heard from devs hanging around on streams and such was, OG gets CDR from doing damage, MG gets passive fire aura, Bob gets DR from taking damage.
>>
>>153502241
>Everyone just quits out until they get the role they want

I have played solo and with up to 2 friends. We have never done this, so you can count us of that calculation.

I do agree though... there are shit-heads like that in the matchmaking every now and then.

Commonly you just wait a bit and start switching off your selection to see if such a weak-minded individual is present.
>>
saved
>>
File: 1332284284709.jpg (84KB, 499x349px) Image search: [Google]
1332284284709.jpg
84KB, 499x349px
>assault runs ahead of the team and finds the monster
>who is waiting right next to a dune beetle
>MONSTER DOMED
>>
File: 20160831231714_1.jpg (716KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160831231714_1.jpg
716KB, 1920x1080px
Heres some prime wraith screens I took for you guys while game lag shit itself
>>
File: 20160831231719_2.jpg (616KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160831231719_2.jpg
616KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 20160831231721_1.jpg (732KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160831231721_1.jpg
732KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 20160831231723_1.jpg (738KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160831231723_1.jpg
738KB, 1920x1080px
And last one that was interesting
>>
>>153544865
prime wraith-chan is real purdy
>>
>>153542943
Is it supposed to be threatening?
>>
>>153525914
I don't think you understand, it would actually leave no piles of dirt, have no sound, be incredibly fast, and if you hit a hunter while doing it you'll drag them underground and instantly kill them.

It'd be toxic for monster players otherwise.
>>
>>153530185
Yea, we should return to week 1.

>Unkillable rval
>Unlimited boost Sunny
>Hunters can now outwalk the Monster Crow
>>
>>153549794
>outwalk the Monster Crow

wat?
>>
>>153551398
His Stasis Gun used to slow by 80%.
>>
>>153551463
that's not what's written in the previous post though
>>
>>153551463
It never did
It always was 60%
>>
why do they insist on releasing matching weapon and character skins separately?
what's the fucking deal with color unlocking?

fucking trs
>>
Apparently the support variation is going to be Cabot. Wonder if it'll be a reverse damage amp, where the monster deals less damage
>>
>>153554462
>another Cabot as a support no less

that's very disappointing
>>
post, faggots
>>
PP is just fun to play.

Going to be a sad day next week when he is nerfed hard into oblivion.
>>
>>153555061
Cabot is literally the boss of all hunters on his ship. So it would be cool to play as true commander that can now help team to survive longer.
>>
Honestly with the recent changes 90% of the problem with my teams are we do so little damage, It's ridiculous.
>>
>>153560495
wow thanks for telling me he's the boss, boss, that was really obscure info!

it'd be better if he was another class instead of being 2 support characters

and he's a meh character
>>
>>153562031
What!? Poor monster players are already complaining how TOXIC this game is to them, if anything hunters need to be nerfed more! :^)
>>
>>153562524
It isn't anything to do with buffs/nerfs, if anything Monsters take more damage than ever, the problem arises because players focus so heavily on utility and out of dome damage.
>>
>get stuck with retard teammates, it's okay cause the monster is retarded too
>stage 3, It has low health due to it being retarded and running into every trap I set
>assault domes by himself, medic follows
>assault died twice in a 30 second span
>monster dies to a fucking mammoth bird after I as Maggie strip his shields and drop his health to like half a bar
I don't know if I should be laughing or upset I keep getting paired up with off the boat players
>>
>>153564429
if only you recorded that match
>>
>>153564429
this must be the famous toxic gameplay
>>
>>153564429
This game is shit.
>>
>>153565975
just like every game you play
>>
>>153566140
Are you implying any game I'm in is shit by definition?
>>
>>153566220
you only play bad games because you have bad taste, friend
>>
>>153564429
this anon with another blog update
Team mates getting better, monsters are still pretty dumb
>>
>>153567493
My team mates progressively got better with the old match making, now they've started from scratch with the new system my team mates are as dumb as rocks again.
>>
>>153570075
mine have always been shit except for a few decent ones when it was profile level based
>>
anyone else get a bucket sound glitch sometimes? it's when you use his recharge and it glitches out the audio so that you hear that fucking clinking until the end of the match

it has happened to me twice (and I don't play Bucket often) and once it was another player and I could hear his clinking when he got close enough
>>
Bob's traversal was updated

http://plays.tv/s/KwWLV_dEe7ii
>>
>>153570794
I've had it a few times. Gets aggravating quickly

>>153571157
Looks the same as before, except your speed ramps up much more quickly
>>
>>153571559
and Bob doesn't do a near fullstop just by hitting a pebble like before
>>
File: 1467773145360.jpg (184KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467773145360.jpg
184KB, 1080x1080px
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TRS never delivers promised skins on time

PP content is nowhere to be seen in store except for ONE FUCKING SKIN out of all the promised ones BY TODAY
>>
>Picks RAbe
>Wonders why we can't get the monster below half armour before downing the medic and support
really makes you think
>>
>>153574352
rabe didn't need those nerfs, he was perfectly balanced
>>
>>153574607
RAbe has always been fucking trash unless you have a team built around chasing the monster outside the dome.
>>
>>153574664
oh I forgot I was posting on /evog/, the home of evolve champions
>>
>>153575098
Oh your one of those Laz tier 5 shitters.
>>
>>153575714
oh you're one of those shitters that sucks with everyone but 2 characters (which you can play at average pub level) and deems everything else unviable
>>
>>153575975
t. 0.3 winrate
>>
>>153576195
that's still higher than yours, no skill shitter
>>
>>153574664
Renegabe isn't shit
>>
>>153547147
it just wasn't a good dome

while the assault was trying to get in the monster's face, the dune beetle was in the back line slapping the other two hunters
>>
Anyone got tips to beat bob. All his abilities (except the wall thingy) deal shit ton of dmg. I know that it's all about getting a good open dome area, but still, he recks me every time.
>>
>>153585441
Stand back and shoot. Watch for his wind up and dodge if it's the animation for tongue grab. If he misses that he can't do shit
>>
>>153585441
>>153586814
pretty much this, as he is he's so slow that you may not even have to dome him to fight him, in any case just stay at range and you should be good, and always save some jetpack for dodging his tounge.
>>
So, I heard that I can finally go back to normal queing with my friends, with them picking Hunter and me picking Monster, and still earn the normal amount of rewards?

None of that old "If you que with Hunters, you need to play Hunters" crap?

Need to know if it's worth installing the game again...
>>
>>153588120

Also, reading on the forums that Hunt mode gets double silver keys. Does this also apply to Arcade mode?

Because if it doesn't fuck this game and fuck the devs for getting my hopes up. "Oh hey, you can duel your friends just EARN HALF THE FUCKING SILVER KEYS YOU NORMALLY WOULD" is. Gay. As. FUCK.
>>
>>153588741
I don't know, I'm avoiding arcade like the plague because fuck overpowered and cataclysm
>>
>>153588120
Correct.
>>
>>153562498
Well there's two hanks and two vals
>>
>evog is still alive
is this it? can we finally hit a capped thread for once?
>>
>>153593008
No
It'll die in a few hours
Once /evog/ finally gives up I'll look at the TRS forums in depression until I finally give up on this
>>
I honestly can't tell if im getting double keys or anything. Also just randomly got 2k keys from nowhere.
>>
>>153588741
If that was the case, it would be 'this mode gives you double keys', not 'this other mode gives you half keys' when the 'half' keys is the default amount; it's even just listed as a 2x event right now, not a permanent change. But I guess going fucking apeshit over everything is the /evog/ way.
>>
>torbad
>good
>>
Do people not like overpowered? As the hunters getting 5 damage buffs is funny af. My friend got the monster and said his shield disappeared instantly.
>>
>>153596778
Monster mains don't like it because they actually have a chance of losing on that map.
>>
>all the monsters get cool passives that'll help them out
>gorgon just gets her old wall pounce bonus damage back, or worse that is her passive
>>
>>153597525
What are the monsters passives?
>>
>>153598489
we still dont know any of them
everyone's just making guesses based off unreliable sources or random shit the devs say
>>
>>153596778
>>153597007
it's now horribly imbalanced in favor of monsters, they can grab 5 buffs by the time you get 1 then they just engage you and gg.

buff spawning time went from 30 > 25 > 20
>>
>>153598489
So far Goliath gets a cd reduction with damage and behemoth gets dr when dealt a ton of burst damage
>>
>>153605881
Why play Goliath when meteor exists?
>>
>monster hits stage 2 without us finding it
And time to alt-tab
>>
>>153607413
>monster reaches stage 3 without any health damage at all and we took two strikes on one man
guys

guys

its over
>>
>>153607413
You should play trapper and show them how it's done
>>
Perks were Evolve's second mistake.

The first mistake was Evolve.
>>
>>153609681

I get his gripe because even if you're trapper and your team doesn't make the effort to form a line, you'll never cut the monster off.
>>
okay fine
crows pretty decent
>>
>>153612106
Yeah but Abe is fucking godlike. My friend gives a 3 every 10 seconds and we never lose the monster.
>>
Is the game okay since going F2P?
>>
>>153616746
Im new and I've been having fun. Being free definitely helps. Do you have friends to play with?
>>
>>153593097
I care about this thread more than TRS care about their game. (I know that doesn't prove much)
>>
laz
>>
>>153616746
It was okay to begin with, really. It's a strong concept that's broken on a lot of fundamental design flaws. And TRS seems to be completely unable to even identify what those are as much as they've tried to fix it up. But it's certainly worth a few plays free. It's better than Battleborn. Worse than Overwatch.
>>
how is this game still alive with no microtransactions
>>
>>153623851
the collective hope of every person who sees its potential.
>>
>>153623851
My friend just asked me the same question. I think they plan on adding some after they fix their game a little more or get more people on. I don't think we could even complete the coop event.
>>
>>153620514
laz players make me wanna kms
>>
>>153435068

Not entirely. The problem with him is you have all of 30 seconds before you lose shields and health to make the dome pop, tops. Fuck everything if they have regular parnell and cabot as well, you've got less than 15 seconds then. Either of these situations are NOT enough time to down anyone that is good, you have to whittle away at them and usually it takes longer than 15-30 seconds for a hunter to make a mistake or you catch them right (required to down a good hunter). Either lower his damage so I can actually fight the hunters or lower his self heal so I can actually fucking kill him.
>>
New PP skins are extra cheap right now, 750 keys, since they were for some reason put in the weapon skins section.
>>
wew just under 2k players and you can't even find enough people for a casual co-op game anymore, it just searches forever

2dead4me
>>
>>153624516
We didn't, because turns out...

>Not telling people that EVERY coop match and not just the new map counted, meaning hundreds of people dodging in coop every minute
>The new map being straight garbage, a literal walkfest with braindead ai monster and 0 difficulty
>Bugged coop monsters, either Golitaths or Wraiths wavedashing across the map in seconds. Hope you like every single map taking 30 minutes because the monster won't sit still long enough to actually fucking evolve.
>>
>>153631931
Can't say I'm surprised
>>
>pick a class
>someone else doesn't get that class they wanted as you took it
>they leave
>they rejoin
>give it up on purpose so the retard babby autist can have it
>they fucking suck at playing the character of the class they wanted

this is why I don't ever give it up anymore
>>
File: asdsadasdsa.png (137KB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
asdsadasdsa.png
137KB, 232x232px
>>153605937
Meteor is more "around". When Goliath does what it does, it's more focused on that, a rock is a rock, a leap is a leap and a charge is a charge.

But i really shouldn't be explaining this to you numb-nuts. Just cause it sparkles doesn't make it strictly better.
>>
File: aragoon.png (71KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
aragoon.png
71KB, 320x238px
>>153623851

>>153624058
this and the fact that they made a shit load of money from selling the game early in addition to the dlc content people bought.

To my knowledge they can still run a long time on fumes but their interest is definitely to get people spending money again before the end of the year. I'm pretty sure they can still just quit, if it doesn't work out.
>>
>>153588741

Picky faggot
>>
ded
>>
>>153639841
pls no
>>
I wish they'd go back to giving early patch notes
>>
>Slim Hank friend combo
>They're both shit
>Every time
This is worse than when people try Laz Bucket.
>>
File: 1466686804200.jpg (51KB, 245x204px) Image search: [Google]
1466686804200.jpg
51KB, 245x204px
Even level-based matchmaking was better than this.
>>
>>153645524
I prefer Laz Kala or Bucket Emet, bucket laz is pretty dumb now after all the nerfs to laz & bucket.
>>
saved again
>>
>Need to have a 3 strike rule for the hunters. When the hunter is down the third time. There's no coming back. Game over.
Rest in piss shit game
>>
>>153649036
that's autist monster only shitter talk
>>
>>153649036
So what you are saying is that evolve already 1 strike and now it's getting a second strike and after it dies one more time after that it's finally dead for good?
>>
>>153650661
I just copied some monster shitters post on the forums, but that's a nice way of comprehending this game's situation
>>
yee
>>
>>153650824
Trs forums is always good for a laugh
>>
File: 1456327957614.jpg (130KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
1456327957614.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
>playing casual coop grind
>some random retard flips shit over me having Monster as my picked class because that gives me what class I want if there are no other monster pickers or premades
>which his dumb ass doesn't seem to know and I wouldn't be surprised if he assumed I could take over monster role because that's how retarded the playerbase currently is
>run into him again
>calls me a troll and instantly leaves

wew
>>
>>153657581
Wow
>>
Alright what the fuck, the game has been giving me fucking PS2 tier graphics in match and ten minutes later it always crashes.
>>
>>153659638
yeah
>>
>its the 1 hour trapper and 0 hour medic on your team episode again
and people wonder why this game is dead
>>
>corner monster just as it evolves to stage 3.
>Have free hits on it, break armour as it stands back up
>support runs to relay saying that we should fight it there instead, monster proceeds to just traversal straight over and kill him just as we reach them, all whilst he blames us.

Make it stop.
>>
>>153665261
Depends where the monster evolved. If it's really far from the relay then you shouldn't fight him there even if he have no armor. Because when the dome goes down he will traverse straight to the relay and end the game (especially after the last patch forcing you to be as close as 20m to stop the monster from destroying the relay).
>>
>>153667314
>even if he HAS no armor
My grammar is shit sry
>>
>>153667314
As noted, we literally got back just as support died, and support take maybe 5-10 seconds to get killed since he was on 2 strikes and all alone. So yeah, definitely not that far.
>>
>>153662525
Is it only evolve doing that?
>>
Have they said anything about the consoles getting updates?

I'm not sure what the PS4 tier listing is, and it's probably a little different due to the updates/nerfs/buffs delay.
>>
>>153670476
I wouldn't expect console Evolve to get any updates until, or even if, Evolve Stage 2 exits beta.
>>
>>153670691
Yeah, next months are crucial, and how many player are around when they decide to start trying monetizing again. If that goes well, the consoles will probably follow.
>>
>>153671550
They aren't planning on monetizing again, Evolve wasn't supposed to be sustainable, they're attempting to build goodwill for their next game.
>>
>>153670691
>>153671550
>>153673363
Well, that's some grim news. I just got it from GS for a few bucks and bought a character pack.

Whatever patch they left off on for PS4, Gorgon is incredibly overpowered. I've only had a few wins vs him and you could tell he was incompetent then. I've seen a good gorgon at STAGE 1 fuck up an ok team.
>>
>>153674327
The game is unsalvable, Hunters being incredibly overpowered for the first couple of weeks drove away the Monster players, Hunters not being able to stomp the Monster the monster before it can even reach stage 2 drove away the rest.
>>
>>153675328
>Hunters being incredibly overpowered for the first couple of weeks drove away the Monster players

... lol
>>
>>153675835
You weren't here for the first couple of weeks?

Jesus, Evolve has some terrible player retention.
>>
>>153675957
you monsterfags are so deluded and insane
>>
>>153676131
>No~ It's perfectly fine that hunters won 70% of Game!
>It isn't fair we're only now winning 52% of games!
>Huh, /evog/ why does it take 15 minutes and several dodges to find a Monster to play against?
>>
File: 1465678260905.jpg (32KB, 576x521px) Image search: [Google]
1465678260905.jpg
32KB, 576x521px
>Play with /evog/
>They don't know basic tactics like roaching
Laz was right.
>>
>>153676487
Random shitter here, is the way to roach (i've seen a few definitions so I mean very rapidly going up and down cliffs) upwards to use the vertical boost or is there some trick to doing it without it and not, you know, getting murdered for trying? Also, can you climb a cliff whilst facing away from it (to watch the monster to know when to quickly drop down again) or are you stuck with your face pressed up against it? Any other general 'not getting murdered if you're being focused' tips?
If it matters, i've been using the +boost distance perks to try to get more use out of each boost.
>>
Quantum caira here. Gorgon damage is a joke, and my red fields of hurty hurt love spider traps
>>
>>153676721
1. Stop trying to roach against MGoliath.
2. Don't run away from your team attempting to evade, run past them.
3. Stop trying to do fancy shit and instead just skip straight to 4
4. Circle a pillar, congratulations your now literally invincible against any monster other than Gorgon.
>>
ded
>>
>>153673363
What, really? They said that?
>>
Paladin nigger needs changing, he's just like caira but with a steroid. idk what TRS were thinking
>>
>>153680932
They were thinking us monster players know how to do more than tunnel vision a single hunter... that's PParnells weakness is efficient spread damage. Don't ask how because it's up to you to adapt to the situation and figure it out. That's what makes monster fun imo.
>>
>>153684592
fuck off autist
>>
>>153680932
As a gorgon player, he's fine
>>
>>153645524
What is Laz Bucket? I don't get the meme.
>>
>>153684592
So you haven't played much monster then, cool.
>>
>>153689807
>>153693954
Keep that attitude and you'll never get better or have fun. Stay shit guys, it's your choice.

This game is very situational and there is a bit of a rock paper scissors element to it. Some comps do well against certain monsters and not so great against others. Any given individual character is no exception, obviously that includes paladin parnell. If you're having a bad game as monster then it's because you're playing bad or the hunter team is playing better than you have the capacity for. I get salty too but grow up
>>
>>153694787
Your estimation of the effectiveness of your strategy to counter PP is about as good as your estimation of TRS's ability to design a competent MP gamer.
>>
>>153695503
Whatevs. I don't make excuses when I lose. I get salty sometimes like I said, but I take responsibility for how I play and adapt to situations
>>
>>153695503
To be clear, I don't think PP is a problem yet but I haven't had a game that made me yell FUCK PP.

I just think "Dude just split your attention, he can't deal with that! Destroys him easily!" is autistic as fuck.

I'm more mad at TRS for the shit design in this.
>>
Should I buy Kala, Lennox, Torvald, or a Val Blood Eagle skin?
>>
>>153696750
underperforming character or best skin of best waifu, tuff choice
>>
>>153697182
>jaw that can crush cans
>best waifu
>>
>3 strikes on team and monster has had only one health bar
And back to the thread I go waiting for that to finish.
>>
>You are Hyde, the loveable sociopath
TRS pls.

>>153697812
Just quit and switch to arcade. No timeout in Arcade.
>>
>Win 1 match as Assault, Support, or Kraken
So essentially win 1 match as assault or support
>>
>>153697812
This feel. Evolve games run too long. They are never, EVER close and always decided well before the end.
>>
>its a slim/emet/laz/qcaira/rval episode
alt tab and back to shitposting on TRS forums
>>
>>153701608
Is there rich shitposting there?
>>
You can build a team of 4 hunters without any class or multi-character restrictions. Who is on your team?
>>
Is thjere any reason to pick any perks other than jetpack jetpack jetpack as a medic?
>>
Yesterday i was matched with pro players like WarDoom from DDs and Three Reichs (won 90% of them) and today i'm matched with players who have 22 hours in the game. DON'T TRY TO CONVINCE THAT THIS GAME HAS A MATCHMAKING LOGARITHM THERE IS NO FUCKIN WAY.

>It's just getting people close to you
NO. i just got matched with a dude who has 500ms ping.
>>
>>153702587
Hank, Hank, Hank, Alternate Hank.
>>
>>153702648
If the monster realizes he can't kill you he will go for support. And with ur perk setup he will 100% die. Learn to conserve ur jetpack, get a good comp and pick perks that fit the medic.

Go to youtube and check Poncha- PC Gaming channel he is a pro medic.
>>
>>153701608
Alt-tab pro-tip, you can hold W and hit enter to lock forward movement in cruise control
>>
>>153702587
4 Paladins
>>
>>153702994
> with ur perk setup he will 100% die.
>implying the support can out panic run me with max jetpack
lol
>>
>>153703309
>implying the support can out panic run me with max jetpack
No I'm not implying that. But you cannot out heal the monster dmg.

The only way to make Tinkerbell work is for the whole team to take it.
>>
>monster evolves successfully in dome unmolested and nobody is close to able to find it
alt-tab
>>
>monster is the host and everyone else gets 250+ ping
thats an alt tab
>>
>>153703710
>assault is ilde half the game, says "This is dumb, I'm not playing the kite game." and quits
Alt-tab.
>>
>>153701608
>lennox and slim
I should have quit before the game desu
>>
>>153706117
>torvald, kala, and qcaira
let me quit first
>>
>>153704098
He had the right idea. He's smarter than all of us.
>>
So are they never going to buff waggie?
>>
>>153711812
Maggie that could do damage was a mistake, instead we'll be removing wasteland maggie entirely to put in a new traitor variant in, where all her harpoons will buff the monster and her smg will only damage hunters.

Daisy will lead twenty trapjaws also, but we'll just give her basic aggressive trapjaw ai that only attacks hunters.
>>
>>153680076
he's pulling your dick
>>
>>153702587
4PP
>>
>>153706117
I still can't figure out why they nerfed lennox like they did, she was never a serious issue.
>>
>>153718756
Monsters couldn't face tank her while she was punching them in the face for trying to face tank her.

This was deemed toxic.
So we fixed her to improve enjoyment on both ends!
>>
>>153718856
They wanted to level her performance across all monsters. Like I understand why, but they overdid it
>>
>>153720220
Except they just made her shit at her original gimmick of being an assault hunter with a melee attack and gave her a firearm that isn't absolute ass so now most lennox pickers i see are just massive pussies who run away from the monster while shooting their shit gun

Fucking TRS just gutted her and buffed her gun so she seemed even on paper but they knew what they were doing with her. She's a shadow of the grandma we once knew.
>>
>>153721451
that fucking FEEL when i will never be able to main lennox again
>>
>>153721451
>have some tard playing lennox after her nerfs
>"lennox is so good"
>"so much damage"
>when I had been playing Cabot and boosting the damage

almost dislocated my face
>>
>>153724235
I'll admit, she could've used a slight reduction BEFORE, when she and blitz markov basically punished monsters for ever going in on anyone.

But now? She's absolute ass, her damage is piss poor on all fronts but hey, at least retards can pretend the mecha fist is just for opening bottles I guess.
>>
>>153704098

>hunter team is p-parnell, cabot, parnel, and griffin when I'm wraith
Alt tab.
>>
>>153694787

>pparnel isn't op you just gotta get gud in a game that has blind pick as its method of matchmaking.

You're being a cock. Not every monster can deal reliable AOE damage against a team who knows how to stay seperated and kite properly (aka any competent team of hunters)
>>
>>153725692
and not every assault has a good ranged weapon to deal with kraken.

and blind pick doesn't exists if you hit esc then select your role, it shows what the monster/hunters picked, I do this to see if there's a kraken or not.
>>
>>153725326
I think you can safely alt-tab that if you stay at spawn. You SHOULD die before the AFK kicks you.
>>
>>153725326
>alt-tabbing
>instead of quitting the match before it begins
>instead of rushing out of bounds
>>
File: 1380365515603.jpg (211KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1380365515603.jpg
211KB, 500x484px
>tfw you've bought everything there is to buy in the store and have 300k+ keys and are level 69 currently
>>
>>153727623
wardoom pls
>>
I think I've come across like 2 or 3 Buckets that know when to use their recharge when a trapper scans. Out of probably 100+ Buckets.
>>
>>153693667

You put turrets around bodies and the monster is forced to bodycamp to prevent Laz's revive, taking quite a bit of damage.

I would rather just see someone pick cabot instead
>>
File: can't wake up.png (482KB, 609x460px) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.png
482KB, 609x460px
>watch someone's stream with Evolve legacy on Xbox
>it is moderately popular
>few guys talking about how they bought PC just for Evolve Stage 2
>>
Noob question: are perks in this game additive or incremental?
>>
>>153733917
Perks stack if that is what are you asking about
>>
File: i wanna fuck that.jpg (24KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
i wanna fuck that.jpg
24KB, 600x602px
>>153544581
>>153544678
>>153544769
>>153544865
>>
Evolve is going to die due to overnerfing of hunters and overbuffing of monsters.
>>
File: 4a5c05bc00025b43a1571003f25a3d94.jpg (641KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4a5c05bc00025b43a1571003f25a3d94.jpg
641KB, 1000x1000px
when're we all moving back to legacy which isn't an imbalanced piece of garbage?
>>
File: this is you.jpg (16KB, 350x379px) Image search: [Google]
this is you.jpg
16KB, 350x379px
>>153742198
Anytime

Right clik on Evolve in gmae library, select properties. go to BETA and select legacy
>>
File: USAUSAUSA.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
USAUSAUSA.gif
4MB, 480x270px
Evolve needs a character that spreads FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY
>>
Is there a hunter on PS4 that hasn't been hit with nerfs or anything? It seems the good counter to monsters hovering over friends until they're bodied is a good assault laying on the pain. Which one hurts the most?
>>
>>153748341
Tovald

but not with controller
>>
>>153748341
Torvald, Lennox, Blitzkov - the ones everyone hates - are basically the best choices for 'make the monster move'. Because either it focuses on them/runs away, letting someone pick the downed guy back up (or if it's a Laz, just res them) or they take hideous amounts of damage for their trouble.
Tech Sgt Hank is also a really good choice for that with his orbital beam that doesn't knock every hunter nearby a mile away.

Note though that some monsters don't give a shit, Kraken in particular since he can knock you away from the rez attempt with just his basic attack from range.
>>
>>153749283
>>153749071
I'll try those suggestions, they are definitely solid.

I was once going to town on a gorgon who was sitting on our trapper, and I was lennox lancing him.

He let me take down his shields and 10% of his health because he was so tunnel visioned. I just had to get the fuck out of there anytime he looked around for me.

It seems like Gorgon on console update is really fucking powerful.
>>
>>153696630
> the thing that works = autistic
Wew lad
>>
>tfw w/l ration is 0.42

and I only play solo queue hunter.
I probably should go Monster but monster is sooooooooboring
>>
>>153751620
>0.42

lol
>>
>>153725692
Pretty sure I covered the rock paper scissors thing in my post but okay.
>>
>>153456652
How do I git gud?
>>
how the shit do you unlock the meteor goliath head badge (not the animated founder one that everyone has but the creepy one with big horns)?

I don't see it on any monster or player profile so how the fuck? but some faggot had it
>>
another cringe TRS thread

https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/ndg-ryke676-i-wanna-form-a-new-team-for-competetive-pure-eu-na/101089/12
>>
>>153758329
That makes you the harbinger of cringe. You're boss cringe, bringing the cringe for others. You spread cringe and you like it.
>>
>>153745961
is that game good?
>>
>>153760406
Casual shitty copy of Alien Swarm
>>
>>153758329

Ryke already has a team (nDG). Actually, nDG has 3 teams already. He is doing this to improve the competitve aspect of the game. You can see he wants to keep the game alive. Check his stream he was coaching the players, choosing comps for them, playing against them and giving them tips.
>>
>>153763145
That's not the cringe part, it's the application posts.
>>
>>153763351
the only weird thing i saw was a Laz main. What else should I be cringing at?
>>
>>153763546
Oh so you're one of those cringelords that applied.
>>
>>153763771
uh.. sure.
>>
>>153745961
game name?
>>
>>153770294
Helldivers. Pretty fun with a few friends.

This week's free rotation is Rval, Cabot, Waggie, and Lennox. God save us all.
>>
>>153770740
Is Cabot as trash as the rest?
>>
>>153771148
he's the only decent one of the group because of the amp, rest are subpar or worst there is (waggie)
>>
>>153771148
Cabot is great if the assault is Parnell or blitz
>>
>>153772491
or a good Torvald, but that combo requires both a good Cabot and Torvald for the amp to be on when a lot of mortars are about to make a guaranteed hit
>>
>>153773318
Good torvalds are rare and it's safer to assume he's dead weight but yeah. Watching the armor bar melt because every shell hits feels amazing
>>
File: classicLaz.jpg (195KB, 512x450px) Image search: [Google]
classicLaz.jpg
195KB, 512x450px
HEALING IS POSSIBLE
>>
unless TRS pushes out another game killing patch the player peak has settled between 4-5k and occasionally dips below 2k at lowest traffic hours

this is not enough to save it though and if TRS was even remotely competent we'd be looking at 5-10k and instead of the garbage variants so far we would have maybe 2 of the old maps returned to us by now

and arena mode

and had proper anti-cheat and stricter ban policy from the beginning of stage 2
>>
>>153777429
honestly arena mode should be their focus, especialy if they are determined to turn this game into e-sports, its a much better fit than hunt
>>
>>153777951
what's the difference? haven't been here for the original evolve
>>
>>153777951
the hunters and a stage 2 monster duke it out in a series of pre set domes, its fast paced and due to its nature would be a lot easier to balance.
it's also avaliable to play in custom, unless they removed it.

don't get me wrong though, I like hunt mode, but if they are dead set on going for the e-sports crowd arena is better for that sort of thing
>>
>>153779985
was meant to reply to
>>153778964
>>
What could they possibly do to make an interesting and reasonably effective support for the next slated new support character?

What would it take to make a fun new support for YOU?

Which character?

What abilities?
>>
>>153780304
TRS is really desperate to come looking for ideas on here
>>
>>153782841
If they cared enough to be desperate, I don't think it would be half as shit as it is in the first place, actually.
>>
>>153780304
perhaps a field that redistributes damage amongst the hunters?
a debuff that deals more damage to the moster the more it moves?
a support with harpoons?
we dont have enough speed boosts.
some sort of ammo/camasity buff?
>>
>>153786168
>a field that redistributes damage amongst the hunters
Emet's dream
>>
what if

guys

what if

we got a Torvald trapper that had a massive lightning spear attack that is hard to hit much like the mortars but when it does, it immobilizes the monster for 2 seconds before the spear dissipates and slows the monster for additional 5 seconds
>>
>>153786853
>debuffs for monster
TOXIC
>>
Don't you 404
>>
File: bEIEJLm.jpg (32KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
bEIEJLm.jpg
32KB, 960x960px
>>153793068

Why not?
>>
>>153786853
its a cool idea, the only problem I can see is it sets a precedent for hard cc existance, which can cause some problems if your'e not careful.
>>
>>153786853
how about you make the game good instead
>>
>>153794996
hard cc has no place in evolve, this applies to both hunters and monsters. Things like stealth pounces, spider traps, and tongue grab should not be in the game because it's one of the most frustrating things in existence. "Oh it got me, well there's nothing I can do now, might as well tab out and come back in 5 minutes."
Abduction is fine since it doesn't actually stun. it's more of a displacement ability. Plus harpoons and jacks repulsor only limit movement, they don't completely stop it which i'd say falls under soft since you still have full control just limited directions.

See what happens if you give a new trapper Jacks repulsor but make it omnidirecitonal so the monster can't move at all, you'd have so many pissed off monster players because there'd be no counterplay to it.
>>
>>153797352
I forgot about the pounce and spider traps desu, so I suppose the precedent is already there, but idk stunning the monster just seems worse to me due to the fact that if a hunter gets stunned, theres still 3 other hunters to do stuff, wheras if the monster is stunned he's on his own
>>
>>153799657
holding the monster in 1 spot with a root doesn't prevent the monster from regening armor(health in hunters case) or keeping his armor up (supports shielding) or contributing the majority of the damage(abilities for monster, assault for hunters)

hard disabling 1 hunter completely and utterly prevents that hunter from doing its job. That means no healing, no shielding, no damage, or no soft cc coming down on the monster for literal SECONDS. and in a game where a monster can 100 > 0 someone in <3s, it's a huge fucking deal. If monsters had their damage cut down to the point that they couldn't literally delete a hunter from existence in under 5s then it'd be fine, but this is not the case.

Imagine if you had a trapper that could throw a gravity grenade onto the monster and for the next 5 seconds the monster couldn't use his traversals or traversal based abilities and this ability had a 8s cooldown. That's absolutely fucking huge and is comparable to the effect that monster hard cc has on hunters.
>>
>>153800546
Hunters have teamwork to rely on where as monster has to compensate by being clever. You can't balance that aspect of the game, you can only work with it. Being able to outright stop the monster is a huge deal and there are hunters with that role already. If there is going to be another then it's going to be another trapper.
>>
>>153802805
I forgot to add that incapacitating abilities, monster or hunter, so far all have ways to counter then with active play. What you're suggesting is just hard set cc and that would actually break what fucked up semblance of balance exists right now.
>>
Quick EVOG do I quit? I'm with markov, cabot, and waggie.
>>
>play with a Parnell who thinks he's hot shit
>never switches to shotgun, just reloads rocket launcher
>i'm cabot and he never super soldiers when I use damage amp
>he runs away during fights for...literally no reason seemingly

save me
>>
>>153803432
there's no counter play to spiders if your team doesn't have someone who can kill them fast enough, or to tongue grab when the hitbox is a box that can go behind solid objects, or using a displacement ability into a stealth pounce so that they're pushed out of LoS and you get a free 450 damage on them before someone can round the corner and shoot you off.

Sure every hard cc the monster has does have a "counter play" if you have someone who can reliably stop it, but it's entirely possible that you have a team comp which can't reliably deal with that hard cc.

I want all hard cc REMOVED. I'm fine with minor tumbles, slows, displacement, but not shit that literally takes away all control and the only counterplay is "not getting hit"
>>
>>153804932
>monster spends entire dome running away, jumping from one end to the other
>teammates seem COMPLETELY unable to deal with this
>none of them hit Q even once
>>
>alt-tab back in
>it's wasteland maggie, lennox, and rogue val against a monster with a 3 game win streak
TOO LATE TO QUIT FUCK
>>
>>153806521
it's never too late, until they add back in 10 minute bans for quitting a match early
>>
>>153806819
There is a timeout in Hunt
>>
>>153806858
lmfao, that's hilarious.
>>
>wraith camps at the start
>literally fights and kills the entire team the second we land
lol
>>
>>153805747
FYI we won this match by timeout. never caught the monster again until he hit stage 3 but he evolved with 5 seconds left.
>>
>>153805608
Okay I understand where you're coming from better now. Yeah I hate it too when it happens but pounce needs to stay, and spider trap is pretty weak and easy to kill honestly it's just fast when up in your face. As for the buggy stuff you mentioned, that's on trs to figure out because there is a lot of random "quirks" to this game on top of what you listed. But still, stuff like that is only activated through game play, and that's what it all comes down to in this game. Numbers are what they are, like it isn't even necessary to see them. But I digress into my point about game play being the most significant factor which determines how matches are played out. There are monster and hunter counters both ways, and some maps are favorable where others aren't- depending on what you play. PParnell teams lose against gorgon every time in my experience, but that's because there are exploitable weaknesses that are too difficult to recover from without the luck of mistakes. It's the same for any matchup: everything makes less of a difference than game play. I consider it to start at the character selection, since that's where playing the game actually starts at. Sometimes I pick against a melee monster and end up against kraken, and then proceed to get shit on. That's my mistake and the monsters game play being better than what I have the propensity to deal with for that match.
>>
>>153807758
That didn't happen though
>>
>>153808645
It might have been the kraken. Whichever has grab and charge explode abilities.
>>
>>153808697
The only way I can see this happening for real is if it's a veteran monster against literal new players. Otherwise nah. That didn't happen though
>>
>>153808830
I swear it just did. We didn't even break the armor.

I've had nothing but shit teams all night though lol.
>>
>>153808965
you get assault tier damage reduction for like 30 seconds after spawning tho
either it didnt happen or you are straight up shit
>>
>>153809158
Yeah that's what I'm saying. I smell either a lie or shitter pie
>>
>>153808558
>pretty weak, takes 15 shots from hank cutter
>3 shots from abes shotgun
>2 val rifle shots
>7 lazarus shots
>17 maggie shots
>extremely mobile and unpredictable movement patterns

uh weak? easy to kill? cut the numbers in half and you're right.

and pounce has no fucking place in this game. the punishment for being caught alone should be eating 4 entire abilities and a heavy melee, not hurrdurr free stealth pounce with no counterplay from the person being targeted

If pounce is gonna stay, I want a trapper that can channel the monster into 1 spot and cut all movement and the monster has to spend an ability to damage the person channeling to stop.
>>
>>153809158
>>153809274
This was an absolute fucking garbage team.

The monster had about 10 second head start because we bolted off and then the trapper did the radar and we saw it was behind us.

I just now attempted to replicate the feat and I was able to get two knockouts for the initial fast respawn and one more strike on that before I started getting slowed and bugged out.

It happened. And with these awful players it can certainly happen again.
>>
>>153809539
2 seconds from Markov lightning gun is enough to kill the spider traps. The thing is not unpredictable lmao it fucking runs straight at whoever it locks on to. Fly straight up and it literally stands still and waits on your shadow. You're being dramatic because monster is often difficult for you. It's okay. And if you're oblivious enough to get caught alone then you deserve the punishment. It's bad enough that some comps shred all the monsters armor and more than half their home before the first dome goes down. But it could be avoided altogether. Same with getting pounced m8
Same with traps
>>
>>153808558
>spider trap is pretty weak and easy to kill honestly
you're fucking joking. I have never killed one even when I try to shoot and help teammates. Val doesn't stand a chance in hell of killing one.
>>
>>153809976
TRS pls go.
>>
>>153809976
Hp*
Not home. Autocorrect
>>
>>153809539
This is bait to keep the thread alive right?
>>
>>153809981
>>153810076
Funny how you hunter players complain and act like it's all monster players ever do. Stop tunnel visioning on what frustrates you about this game and actually make an effort to devise and test ways to deal with it. Or just stay mad and qq. Idgaf
>>
>fighting against gorgon
>get right behind that abdomen looking ass and pop super soldier
>BONE SAW IS READ-
>get spider trap meme'd
>have to watch my super soldier go down as this stupid little fucker drags me like 15 meters away
>gorgon tunnels a guy and acid spits them so they go down and dome goes down too
>gorgon throws its shite and goes full speedy speed boy i just drifted this dome before and gets away in like 2 seconds

who the actual fuck thinks gorgon is balanced
>>
>>153810278
It's a test for us to see if the hide post button works.

>>153810293
>>
>>153809976
okay but what if the assault isn't markov?

>>153810292
spider has 175hp at max rank, it takes double damage upon grabbing someone though.

>>153809981
val can 1 shot it if it grabbed someone, at that point it has already disrupted the team though.
>>
>>153810292
We think critically about game design. You don't.
>>
>>153810293
>>153810382
Fuck it fucking posted before I could finish. Mobile 4chan is awful.

I was gonna say that spider traps don't fly brah
>>153810428

>>153810448

>wahh it's too hard fowr hunters because da big bag scawwy monsterw huwts me
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>153810656
no but they climb, zig-zag, and jump(when they get in close) until they get in close.
>>
>>153810428
>okay but what if the assault isn't markov?
Parnell two hits with rockets, lennox one hits, Hyde will probably end up killing them by accident, renegabe has his grenades/shotgun dot that takes them out pretty easily, Torvald is shit but his mortar might accidentally take one out when it misses the gorgon. Besides assault should focus on the monster, get someone else to focus on the spider traps like sunny or crow
>but then they can't do anything and it has essentailly removed a person from play!
Spider traps have a cool down and a 1 or 2 sec travel time. If you're not retarded you can still do your normal functions with only minimal impact

Another alternative is just to stay away from the highly noticeable globs coming out of it and stand on pillars and shit where the spider can't get you.

>>153810909
>climb, jump
No they do not.
>>
>>153810656
>Evolve is a perfectly designed game. There are no weaknesses in its design that can at all be talked about. There is NOT ONE legitimate complaint that can be made about Evolve. Anyone who tries is a casual whiner.
Sure you wanna be the one defending TRS, chief?
>>
>>153810909
Hunters can fly. Spider traps can not.
Let me take you through the complicated steps of dealing with spider traps. Some Korean tier shit but bare with me.

Step 1) locate the spider trap
If it's in the ground still, shoot it
If it's above ground and running around, go to step 2
Step 2) make distance between you and the spider trap by either backing up or fly straight up then proceed to step 3
Step 3) shoot it until it dies or miss - in which case just fall back to step 2
>>
>>153811014
lennox is 2 hits unless you have a combo. spider cooldown is also 7? seconds at base.

They can most fucking definitely climb up small cliffs and they leap at players when they get within a certain range. if you tinkerbell above one you'll see it jump up and grab you like a junkrat trap in overwatch
>>
>>153811219
You're hungry and bad and I understand you want to be spoofed wins and skill but it doesn't work that way, sport!
>>
>>153811286
okay, but now there's no healing, shielding/amping, trapping, or assault damage for the duration of that.
>>
File: 1227518138188.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1227518138188.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>153811418
>Evolve is literally a perfect game!
If that's what you have to pretend...
>>
>>153811530
Then don't miss, and deal with its pathetic amount of health in 2 seconds like a good hunter.
>>
I came from work so i can play couple of Evolve games.

>Match 1: monster has 2 hours and us hunter have over 200 each
>easy boring win
>10 min later
>Match 2: Medic and assault leave the game because the medic called our assault an idiot for not blocking the rocks
>we die at the relay
>5 min later
>match 3: Kala and PParnel leave after getting a strike each
>I get butt raped even before making it to the relay

FUCK THIS GAME, ITS CANCEROUS COMMUNITY AND DEVS FOR MAKING A LITERAL PIECE OF SHIT.

No penalty for leaving the game
Absolutely broken matchmaking

I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS ANGRY IN MY LIFE.

YES I"M NOT A FUCKING ROBOT U STUPID CAPCHA
>>
>>153814117
Hunt betas matchmaking is pretty fuckig bad
>>
>>153815693
And Arcade. The whole fucking game is fuckin bad. TRS should just kill themselves and the game.
>>
>>153814117
>matchmaking does a shitty job and the first engagement goes bad there's no reason NOT to quit

Welcome to the hunter strike system where if you make 1 mistake you're penalized for the rest of the game. it's better to quit and find a new match than to stick it out and get dunked on because 1 mistake was made.
>>
>>153815905>
>>153815693
>>153814117
The game was first released 19 months ago and still glitchy af, has no relaible matchmaking algorithm and just plain boring
>>
>>153816094
I'd say it's even worse now than on launch since almost every hunter is now just a super watered down version of what they originally were.
Thread posts: 523
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.