[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/4xg/ - Stellaris and 4X Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 581
Thread images: 154

File: Dido_(Civ5).jpg (905KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dido_(Civ5).jpg
905KB, 1920x1080px
Best girl edition

Maybe we should let /wgg/ and /cbg/ in?

>Stellaris OP
http://pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
https://mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
http://pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Recommended mods for Civilization V
http://pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Old Thread: >>152534903
>>
>>152794593
>New villages and new civilizations can pop up(if there are below 7 and the settings allow it).
Ha, this is an option in the second but I never bothered checking if there was a limit.

Same with the ressources, I always assumed new ressources spawned as the previous one were depleted, turns out it apparently doesn't.
>>
>>152795869
>Ha, this is an option in the second but I never bothered checking if there was a limit.
Game has a hard limit on 7.
We had trouble getting a lan game going one time.
Since we were like 4 people in the game, but the game settings were on 6 AI civs.
So it crashed until we figured it out and lowered that number to 3.

I like it in theory, but too often a new civilization pops up, and they just surrender to an existing nation.

>I always assumed new ressources spawned as the previous one were depleted, turns out it apparently doesn't.
I think it works that way in the first one.
Not exactly, but around the time it depletes a new one pops up.
>>
>>152795961
>Yeah you have gods as well.
>You need to kill an All High Frythan, and take the scroll of power for that.
>Then you can build your temple.
>Priests are villagers that you put to pray inside the temple.
Ha, in the second game, you spawn with your race's scroll and power and can build the temple immediately.
You usually don't because it's as expensive as a whore in Las Vegas.

>Just like that for researchers, miners and workers(war machines and turning raw materials into goods).
Yeah, except that you DON'T move peasants out of your town, they go there automatically and aren't displayed on the map.

Also, constructors can build all the buildings, military units (even the king) are restricted to camp, fort, and siege factory.

>You can place Constructors inside built buildings so they repair them.
You gradually pay to repair them, you can't send units in buildings. Except camps, forts and town. And sending a soldier in town means he retires.

>The greeks start with a shield
Ha, the only units who can use a shield in the second are the Ezpinez.

>>152796252
I'll have to experiment.

Oh boy, and excuse to boot up Seven Kingdoms 2 again! Jolly!
>>
File: 7k.jpg (190KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
7k.jpg
190KB, 800x600px
>>152796381
>Yeah, except that you DON'T move peasants out of your town, they go there automatically and aren't displayed on the map.
Yeah, they don't move in the first one either.

Emaicheni in this pic has lines to all those structures, and is connected to them.
Those structures could all be empty, but villagers would automatically start working in those structures.
They would be listed in the structures as workers, but they exist in the village.

Forts are connected, but they draw villages in the same way.
Markets are connected, but they don't house any workers.

>you can't send units in buildings
You can send a villagers directly into one of these buildings, then they'd appear in the village, but they'd work in the building.

So if you get a hand on a great scientist, you can move it directly into the Scientist tower, but he'd live in the village.
>>
>>152797150
Ha, I think I understand why I misunderstood you.

The thing is that you don't have "great" scientists, researchers, miners or what else. The only skill your units have is in combat and determines their HP and super-attacks.
Only the number of workers in the structure determines the outcome, not their skills.
>>
>>152797330
>The thing is that you don't have "great" scientists, researchers, miners or what else. The only skill your units have is in combat and determines their HP and super-attacks.
Ah okay.

Yeah they all have a skill that can go up to 100.

A villager that starts in a scientists tower has 10, a villager Trained as a scientists gets 20.
But in the Inn you can find them all up to 100.

Usually I don't find it very important to buy great scientists though.
I'll do it mostly to just increase my pop then.
Getting a Soldier with 70+ Leadership in the inn is amazing though.
High leadership raises the combat skill of the soldiers in the fort quicker.
A fort is usually housed by a general and 9 soldiers training.

Combat skill sounds like it is the same.

Determines hp, and attacks/equipment.
200 hp at 100 combat skill.
I think you need like 20 for chinese to get bows. Maybe even 40 for normans to get their shields, even higher for vikings and samurai to get their super attacks, they're op though.

>Only the number of workers in the structure determines the outcome, not their skills.

The second spawn of mines tend to go out much quicker due to the miners having much higher skill.
Very tough to locate at that point, so I tend to set up a minor mining town and then move the goods to the main base where I have factories instead.
>>
>>152798110
Shit, that makes the inn very interesting.

In the second game, you can either hire good soldiers (high combat), heroes (stats beyond the game's cap), items, or spies.

>A fort is usually housed by a general and 9 soldiers training.
I think it's doubled in the sequel, and the training is considerably slowed down.
But a few skirmishes and your general's leadership is usually maxed very quickly, and the soldiers' skill follow.
The formula for humans units is (combat skill) x 2 = MaxHP.

The fun part is that only the max HP are raised, the unit's HP stay the same, so they look like they're really hurt at the end of a fight.
Near mid/endgame you usually replace soldiers by siege machines anyway, but the soldiers are good to tank.
>>
>>152798807
>Near mid/endgame you usually replace soldiers by siege machines anyway, but the soldiers are good to tank.
Yeah war machines are just too op in the first game as well.
100 combat japs are a lot harder to replace than ballistas too.
So I usually gimp myself and avoid war machines.

Max hp is raised faster while training than the hp is healed as well, so they look damage in 1 too.

What you find in the Inn is random btw.
So if you're looking for a Viking with good leadership it will of course not appear.
>>
>>152799287
Of course. It's like when you have a Chinese neutral dangerously close to your border and you don't want to let the enemy capture it.
>>
>>152795516
Sean Bean was a good choice for narration, as were the multiple tech quotes. It's the small things.
>>
>>152800192
Shame the franchise dies after this.
>>
>>152800353
Doesn't really matter, does it? V, hell even IV, is still going strong after all this time and I reckon VI will be a more enjoyable/fun experience all round from what we've seen. A few years of expansions and cashcowing via civ/leader dlc and we should have the basis of a game that will be active a long time.
>>
>>152800353
unless thats a game of thrones joke
I dont see why civ will ever die unless they do something insanely retarded like W10 only, or f2p
>>
>>152801347
Yeah it doesn't really matter.
It would be a shame, since I think new civ games offer new experiences, but I was still playing civ2 in 2010.

>>152801670
>unless thats a game of thrones joke
It's a sean bean joke
>>
>>152801670
You don't know Sean Bean? Basically, if he's in a movie, and if he doesn't die, the movie is cursed to be shitty.

Example of a good movie where he dies : the Lord of the Rings.
Example of a shit movie where he survives : Silent Hill Revelations.
>>
>>152802020
>>152802274
oh. my mistake.
maybe he'll get stabbed halfway through and get replaced by another narrator
>>
>>152802381
I would love that.

I guess you could mod that in somewhat easily. Then after that just use civ4 or civ5 narration
>>
>>152802381
>event : AI uprising
>Sean Bean get replaced by GladOS
>>
So what Civs are for sure getting chooped for Civ 6, besides Mongolia which we know for sure.I want to do a Farewell to Arms playthru with just the civs that are going to be gone .
>>
>>152802718
Why speculate? Isn't the whole list out already?
Maybe I misunderstood
>>
>>152802718

vanilla civ list is already confirmed u fucking nerd
>>
>>152803114
>>152802919
Where? You mean that picture that got leaked ?
>>
>>152802718
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_overview.html#civilizations
the civ list is already leaked.
in terms of civs for dlc, no one knows. that whole 'we didnt put mongolia in because they raped people' is literally a meme thats spreading around. the producer doesnt say anything about mongolia in the video.
>>
File: Civilization-VI-leaked-leaders.jpg (52KB, 231x642px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization-VI-leaked-leaders.jpg
52KB, 231x642px
>>152803215
Not him but Anon linked a video yesterday or the day before, and I saved and edited this. Due to the developer's video box covering the bottom of the in-game window, there might be plus 1 or 2 extra Civs on the list.
>>
File: civ6_portrait_bingo2.jpg (260KB, 517x957px) Image search: [Google]
civ6_portrait_bingo2.jpg
260KB, 517x957px
>>
Reposting random tidbits from the Germany stream:

>Greeks have the Acropolis (Theatre Square replacement)
>Arabians have the Madrassa (Temple replacement)
>Norwegians have the Stave Church (Temple replacement) and Longship (Galleass replacement)
>Kongolese have the Shieldbearer (Swordsman replacement)
>Romans have the Bath (Aqueduct replacement)
>Indians have a Stepwell tile improvement
>>
>>152805328
>>Romans have the Bath (Aqueduct replacement)
>>
File: 1454904639293.jpg (70KB, 554x399px) Image search: [Google]
1454904639293.jpg
70KB, 554x399px
looks like england wont be total shit after all.
>When you settle on a continent other than your home continent, receive a free melee unit.
which means that you'll probably have like 3 cities on your home continent followed by a shitload in other places.
>>152805530
I think this is hilarious
instead of fresh drinking water, the romans just use baths instead
>>
>>152805328
I hope this is true, somehow
>>
>>152805723
>not drinking your waifu's bath water
How can you say you love her if you don't do that?
>>
>>152805791
why would it not be true? the civ fanatics people fucking tear through anything that pops up. they have pictures of everything. the current tech tree they have is glitched to show unique replacements for things, so if you hover over swordsmen, you'll also see what it replaces.
>>
>>152805328
>Romans have the Bath (Aqueduct replacement)
What.
>Romans have this thing they're extremely famous for
>instead of this thing they're extremely famous for
WHY.
You know what would've made more sense? They get the Cloaca Maxima as an aqueduct replacement. Fully functioning sewers were pretty much the peak of roman sanitation architecture and would be a great fit.
>>
>>152805992
Thx for making my dreams true, senpai
>>
>>152806158
Presumably it's because Trajan is the leader (and Trajan baths are still famous to this day) and they couldn't think of any other civ to have an Aqueduct replacement. Nearly every district has a unique version at this point.
>>
>>152805328
Fun fact about this: Norway gets their unique unit up in the Ancient era for some reason.
>>
Bump. Also, I'm going to bed.
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>page 10
>again
Well, I guess we're dead for good.
>>
File: 23eaf3f7_o[1].png (16KB, 924x76px) Image search: [Google]
23eaf3f7_o[1].png
16KB, 924x76px
>>
>>152812314
it's the calm before the storm
>>
>>152812383
What is that?
>>
>>152795516
Speaking as a denizen of the late /cbg/, I'm ok with letting the thread merge into this one.
>>
>>152812535
Diversity.
>>
>>152805328
>>152805530
I find the bath replacing the aqueduct ironic given how much aqueducts were associated with the Roman Empire.
>>
>>152812631
Just checked, it's Endless Legend. Didn't even knew the Allayi had Light and Dark forms.
>>
>>152812867
The forms change depending on season. The only reason you wouldn't know that if you have never get to the first winter.
>>
>>152813261
Or maybe I never played with them.
Necrophages for life.
>>
File: 1XFKVUf.png (2MB, 2048x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1XFKVUf.png
2MB, 2048x2560px
Let's play a fun game. What civs do you think will be introduced with expansions and DLC?
>>
>>152813330
Hopefully more europeans factions. I can't wait to see all the salty tears on CivFanatics' SJWs threads.
>>
>>152813330
They must be steamed already,only one black and one mesoamerican civ so far
>>
>>152813330
Persia and Mongols.

Also that >>152813456
>>
File: 1471963317961.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471963317961.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>152813456
>New Centro/South America Civ
>New Spain
I just want this to happen to see the butthurt
>>
>>152813456
>>152813330
There's barely any of Europe left; the four DLC packs they put out are going to have to cover the other continents simply out of necessity (calling that any DLC involving corporations will add a bunch of American civs).
>>
>>152815502
why
And I'm pretty sure that the four DLC will mostly be Civ-adding, perhaps leader-adding, like the early DLC for Civ V. There will be expansion packs later on, that where the features will be introduced.
>>
>>152815502
We still need the Dutch and Portuguese so they can pack in a colonize-the-new-world scenario.

There are lots of civs that have been in several installments of the series now, I see no reason why most of those can't come back.
>>
>>152815629
>colonize-the-new-world scenario.
and that will trigger them even more
>>
>>152816007
SJWs really don't seem to pay attention to the Dutch or Portuguese, or even the Spanish.

Stuff the Spanish did seem to get blamed on the USA for some reason.
>>
>>152816007
>>152816220
Isn't the UI theme based on the Age of Exploration? There's no way all that stuff won't be in at some point.
>>
>>152815629
>Dutch and Portuguese
They're already in the game :^)
>>
Main players of European politics not currently featured:
>Portugal
>Netherlands
>Poland
>Austria
>Venice
>Something Papal

We know from the deluxe edition there will be four DLC packs, so maybe 1-2 Euro civs will come in each pack?
>>
>>152817142
Will we ever see Italy?
>>
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_overview.html#city-states
you can also look at these, and normally (at least in civ 5) they get some city states and turn them into civs
>>
>>152817236
Unitied Italy will always be represented by Rome.
>>
>>152817236
Probably not with Rome around, Venice is as close as we came.

>>152817142
Don't forget Denmark and Sweden.
>>
>>152813330
Korea will get in at some point, South Korea is a huge gaming market.
>>
Could we ever get Romania? Vlad is certainly a strong personality.
>>
File: 1466207528121.jpg (67KB, 591x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466207528121.jpg
67KB, 591x960px
>>152818242
>there will never be a game with Corneliu Zelea Codreanu leading Romania
goddamnit
>>
>>152818242
I think Romania would be cool, but there would likely be lots of other civs to make it in first.

I would be surprised if most of the 43 civs from Civ V didn't make it in, unless Firaxis goes full Paradox with DLC and they need more historical candidates.
>>
File: Corneliu Zelea Codreanu.jpg (396KB, 1000x1517px) Image search: [Google]
Corneliu Zelea Codreanu.jpg
396KB, 1000x1517px
>>152818402
>Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
This man is such a meme to me. I laugh my ass off everytime I see some tryhard /pol/tard with him as their avatar.
>>
File: chickenonaraft.png (3KB, 224x252px) Image search: [Google]
chickenonaraft.png
3KB, 224x252px
>play 50 turns
>quit
>play 20 turns
>quit
>play 100 turns
>quit
>actually get into a game, chuggin' along, game session ends
>next boot up, new game
>repeat
>>
>>152802274
National Treasure, your argument is invalid.
>>
What are the odds of Prussia ever being more than a meme modded civ?
>>
>>152820219
Bad, usually Germany takes their role, right now to Bismarck being a leader.

Most of modern Germany basically takes its stuff from Prussia anyway.
>>
>>152817332
>Nan Madol
I almost think Pohnpei will be a civ just because of how random that is.
>>
So, I only recently bought Stellaris. Is there any way to increase my odds of getting jump drive tech? Materialist, so psi tech is pretty much out of the question.

Also, is there extra dimensional weaponry two? I could have sworn I saw the card for it pop up once, but my game bugged out and I couldn't research it.
>>
>>152823323
>so psi tech is pretty much out of the question.
Leaders have a chance to get a new skill upon level up.

So getting low level scientists and quickly leveling them up can increase your odds.

As for hte other jump drive tech, check the wikis technology page.
It has multipliers on it.

No extra dimensional weaponry 2 afaik, it's the weapon you get from unbidden right?
>>
>>152823508

Yeah, the Unbidden weaponry. Tough bastards, they were.

Speaking of leveling up leaders, how exactly does that work?

Which wiki should I be using? When I Google it, it gives me a couple to choose from.
>>
>>152823323
Jump Drive is at the end of the wormhole technology branch, so you can only get it if you picked wormhole travel at the start of the game.
Psi Jump Drive is at the end of the psi branch, so if you're materialist you're basically shit outta luck. It is 'technically possible' to luck out with scientist traits and thereby unlock it, but it requires the RNG gods to smile on you so many times in succession that it's not worth mentioning.

Basically if you're non-wormhole and materialist you're stuck in the slow lane all game.

As for extradimensional weaponry, I've never seen a second tier. Also I don't think non-repeating techs have second tiers anyway. I will just add though that you can scavenge it from Fallen Empires too, not just Unbidden.
>>
>>152802274
Sharpe. So go fuck yourself.
>>
File: civ6_wonder_huey1.jpg (28KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
civ6_wonder_huey1.jpg
28KB, 200x150px
Bumping with OP pseudo-DLC wonder.
>>
>playing ocean world lizard race
>neighboring system at the very has FOUR habitable planets
>all 17+ tiles and no filthy primitives to worry about

Is this what hitting the jackpot feels like?
>>
File: smug Bucephalus.png (135KB, 211x307px) Image search: [Google]
smug Bucephalus.png
135KB, 211x307px
A fucking horse has more accolades than you ever will bump.
>>
>>152833870
most of the wonders are op. this one isnt that op, though.
>+1 Amenity from entertainment for each adjacent Lake tile. +1 Food and +1 Production for each Lake tile in your empire. Must be built on a Lake tile adjacent to land.
now thats pretty fucking big. but lake tiles can be really hard to come by since lakes are landlocked patches of water (no bigger than 3-4 tiles) at least in civ 5. so unless they changed that, its not going to be a wonder to build your civ around, nor some super gamechanger.
>>
>>152836913
it seems like it would be a wonder that depends on map type. If they bring back the Lakes map from Civ V, it'll be pretty wacky on that map, but less so on shit like Archipelago
>>
Does anybody have a link to the civ 5 warmonger formula stuff Marbozir talks about in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEvqNdxHGMg at around 20 minutes in?
>>
Have y'all heard of Proxima Centauri B? It may be habitable.
>>
You can't unlock jump drive or psi jump drive by researching debris from destroyed ships, can you? Excluding fallen empire ships, of course.
>>
File: Purity Victory.jpg (428KB, 1200x1118px) Image search: [Google]
Purity Victory.jpg
428KB, 1200x1118px
Purity > Supremacy > Harmony
>>
>>152841397
INCLUDING fallen empire ships, no.

You can only ever scavenge weapons and shields/armour; not engines, computers, radius effects, anything like that.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
Off topic bump?
>>
File: 1323131942571.png (2MB, 1409x827px) Image search: [Google]
1323131942571.png
2MB, 1409x827px
>>152841848
> Beyond Earth
>>
File: where you belong.jpg (108KB, 467x524px) Image search: [Google]
where you belong.jpg
108KB, 467x524px
>>152843918
>Don't talk about 4x games that I don't like in this dying 4x thread, I'd rather the thread die then you talk about 4x games that I don't like.
>>
>>152844030
You can talk about any 4x game that you want in here.
I'll just be here to always shit on the shitty ones.
>>
File: 1469772082245.jpg (98KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1469772082245.jpg
98KB, 500x336px
>>152844172
>implying you can't play more than one 4x game
>>
File: ce5.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ce5.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>152844428
>Implying that I implied such a thing.
>>
>>152844172
Why tho?
>>
>>152844514
What you said was an obvious insult. You don't insult something unless you are trying to dissuade someone from doing it. You are telling someone to stop playing 4x games and to stop posting about 4x games.
>>
File: scythia_civvi_feat-1500x844.jpg (177KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
scythia_civvi_feat-1500x844.jpg
177KB, 1500x844px
>shit out a bunch of mounted units early game
>kill all of a civilizations units but can only barely take their cities due to mounted against city penalty
>if I don't kill all my mounted units taking cities then I'll just be left with a tonne of units killing my treasury
>UI is a fucking boulder
I'm not going to like playing as this civ. Probably fun to have as a neighbor though.
>>
>>152844860
To be clear, we aren't sure if there is a penalty for mounted units against cities yet.
>>
BE isn't even that bad. It's not as good as BNW, but it's playable. It gets repetitive fairly quick though since whether you are warmongering or just trying to win an affinity victory you always progress down the same techs for affinity points.
>>
File: a19.png (452KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
a19.png
452KB, 600x450px
>>152844647
I just gave you my opinion. It's on you how you choose to interpretate my motives for doing so.

>>152844530
Because who doesn't.
>>
File: 1460873726499.jpg (66KB, 251x257px) Image search: [Google]
1460873726499.jpg
66KB, 251x257px
>>152845282
I doesn't.
>>
>>152838059
bumping
>>
I can't stand it, I know you planned it
But I'm gonna set it straight this watergate
But I can't stand rockin' when I'm in this place
Because I feel disgrace because you're all in my face
But make no mistakes and switch up my channel
I'm buddy rich when I fly off the handle
What could it be, it's a mirage
You're scheming on a thing - that's sabotage
>>
hey yall im looking for some stellaris modding advice

so I'm using the codex (pirated) version of stellaris with the 1.2.4 update (also pirated ofc) and the game runs fine, but I can't seem to get any mods to work. When I went to the stellaris folder in Documents, there was no mod folder so I created one, but when I put the mods in there they don't show up in the mods list on the launcher so they can't be turned on. I'm using the mods from the archive in the op if it helps.

Anyone know whats going on or how to fix it?
>>
File: 1möte39.jpg (244KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1möte39.jpg
244KB, 1920x1080px
>>152841173
it's already inhabited by massive qts
>>
>>152847406
This isn't some moon, anon. It's a planet. A planet 1.4 times the mass of Earth.
>>
>>152802274
He didn't die in The Martian, and that movie was great, fucko.
>>
>>152815502
>There's barely any of Europe left
You lack imagination. You can have the French, the Franks, the Gauls...
>>
>>152819386
What's that?
>>
>>152828023
>a movie
>Sharpe
Holy shit, you went full retard.
>>
>>152849052
A movie with Nicholas Cage and Sean Bean where Bean doesn't die but the movie is nevertheless fairly enjoyable.
>>
>>152849313
>Nicholas Cage
>good
Hmmm....
>>
>>152820219
With meme magic, anything is possible
https://youtu.be/NVbH1BVXywY?t=102
>>
>>152850735
>Ivan the Terrible
>Grozny
>Terrible
Every time. And then they ask why chechens terrorizing the west.
>>
>>152849390
>he didn't like national treasure
you might just hate good things, anon
>>
>>152849390
Are you implying the Ghost Rider movies aren't literally the finest recorded acting samples of our generation?
>>
>>152852657
IM GAY
MY BALLS
ACHE
FOR
SPERMS
WILL
HAVE YOUR
CUNT
>>
File: New canvas.jpg (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
New canvas.jpg
4MB, 1920x1080px
>boot up Seven Kingdoms 2, think to myself "I'll just check if ressources repop once they ran out
>ended up destroying an Indian kingdom, waited for the Roman kingdom and the Exovum kwyzan to duke it out and arrived later to kill them both
>Exovum died like a bitch (hahahaha because they're wolves, geddit?)
>Romand kingdom survived longer, but his military from slaughtered and because I destroyed all their infrastructures and generals, they had massive revolts that eventually made them extinct
>Indian kingdom survived because I forgot about it, eventually accepted to sell his throne for 50 000€
>allied with the last Minotaurus kwyzan
>won
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ha, it coulda gone better if I didn't forgot about my spy. He died as a roman, fighting the Exovum.
A true patriot.
>>
Still about Seven Kingdoms 2, it's sad how retarded the AI is.
Maybe it's because I set it to not be too aggressive, but it's really easy. It will frenquently send its king to fight, and the AI kwyzans have trouble making new warriors, so each loss they have is definitive, until they run out of units.
>>
>>152853109
>>152854740
Is it possible to play that game online?
>>
Well that's fun.

Hadn't played Stellaris since launch patch.
Decided to try a new game updated.
Now when I loaded my home system isn't accessible.
When I enter it it's just empty, and I can't move anything from it.
>>
>>152857757
Ah nevermind.
I opened up the wrong version.

Opened up 1.0 and loaded my 1.2.5 game.
>>
>>152857839
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
Anybody has Plantoid DLC dl link?
>>
Haven't played stellaris since release
You all said they'd fix it

Well, what's been fixed?
Anything major changes?
More importantly, have they added rally points for new ships?
Auto scanning debris for science vessels?

These two were my biggest issues desu
Thanks for replying
>>
>>152859164
>You all said they'd fix it
I don't think anybody has said anything but the opposite.
>>
File: Alpha as fuck.jpg (78KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha as fuck.jpg
78KB, 800x602px
IT"S HAPPENING, Planet has been found! I repeat, Planet has been found!

http://www.space.com/33834-discovery-of-planet-proxima-b.html

Proceed to the seed ship in a calm and orderly fashion. May the Believers claim Chiron!
>>
>>152859398
>>152841173
>>
File: body - Copy.jpg (175KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
body - Copy.jpg
175KB, 720x720px
>>152859398
NEPTUNE BLESS US
WE SHALL CONQUER AND PREVAIL
>>
>>152859164
Swedes have been on vacation for the past two months, heinlein isnt even coming out until october, nothing has changed yet. Unlike most sane developers who push small changes between big updates paradox only pushes small changes if its a bug fix. All game changes are relegated to big updates that they only push out every 3 to 6 months.
>>
>early game
>find anomaly in my space, shows presentients
>great, proles for future mining planets
>send a colony ship
>it uses a different path than the safe one used by previous science ship and gets shot down
>I save scum and use the autosave
>I don't get the anomaly, the presentient proles don't exist anymore
feck
>>
>>152859164
>More importantly, have they added rally points for new ships?
there is a mod that does this
>Auto scanning debris for science vessels?
right click a system with debris, select 'research projects'

science ships can't be fully automatic AFAIK
>>
File: 20160825212913_1.jpg (421KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160825212913_1.jpg
421KB, 1920x1080px
Come get a taste you fucking Unbidden
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
File: i16Ahus.jpg (79KB, 500x1091px) Image search: [Google]
i16Ahus.jpg
79KB, 500x1091px
>>152862581
I can't see that going wrong. <sarcasm>
>>
Why is Turb0's trnaslation so bad? Reading Kumo's adventure at first was fun, but now it's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>152862581
fortresses are so fucking shit
>>
File: unhappy Shield guy.png (1MB, 738x747px) Image search: [Google]
unhappy Shield guy.png
1MB, 738x747px
Somebody please >>152865041
>>152865041
>>152865041
>>
File: 20160821194820_1.jpg (453KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160821194820_1.jpg
453KB, 1920x1080px
>>152865093
Yes they are, but I have found that they at least act as effective speedbumps for AI fleets. Because the shit combat mechanics oblige 100k fleets to drift slowly towards 4k fortresses until all the ones in range have been destroyed, cramming 30 of them in one system serves as a time-trap that'll lock down your opponent for literal years.

As an aside, have they changed how surveying works? I never find anomalies in foreign territory any more. It looks a lot like they 'solved' the "Trade Star Charts" problem by removing all the fun it was possible to trade away in the first place.
>>
File: 20160823215302_1.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160823215302_1.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
>>152865326

> Traits
Charismatic (so other races like living with your species more than their own, causes them to migrate to your worlds)
> Ethos:
Xenophile (so you can build the Visitor's Center, encourages immigration)
Collectivist (lets you temporarily enslave badthink aliens to encourage them to convert to hippie-ism)
Spiritualist (decreases ethics drift so you people don't un-hippie-fy, also unlocks the government you need)
> Gub'mint
Transcendent Oligarchy (again, cuts down ethos divergence to keep your people from turning rayciss)
>>
>Play Greece and go for diplomatic victory
>Everyone bullies Ethiopia and takes all their cities except for the capital (3 mongols, 2 dutch, 1 spain)
>Late game, about to get the win.
>Ethiopia keeps sending me their shitty prophets and converting my cities
>Tell him to stop
>Finally get tired and invade him, conquer his capital
>Hurr you warmonger we denounce nao
Why is this game so retarded sometimes?
>>
>>152813330

I mean, guaranteed ones are Mongolia, Poland, and Persia, highly likely ones being Inca, Babylon, Byzantium, Huns, Austria/Austria-Hungary, Mali/Songhai
>>
>>152866312
Because if you're ever at war with anybody and you take a single city you're literally Hitler.
>>
File: hitler_explained.jpg (51KB, 720x618px) Image search: [Google]
hitler_explained.jpg
51KB, 720x618px
>>152866312
The AI will denounce you at some point no matter what.

Last game, I was best friends with China, trade, vote for their shit in congress, same ideology, denounce their enemies, etc.

Then, shortly before the modern era, they go LOL I DENOUNCE U for no fucking reason.

The diplo screen showed nothing but green, positive things and a nice fat THEY DENOUNCED YOU in red.

The only solution is pic related.
>>
>>152866312
You invaded them at the wrong time, had you declared war when they were also at war you'd get relationship bonus instead

Also you wiped them out, this gives much more warmonger penalty than anything else
>>
>>152813330
Persians, Ottomans, Poortugal, Dutch, Mongols, Zulu, Byzantines are all shoe-ins

would not be surprised to see Mayans, Incas, at least one North American Native civ, and at least one SE Asian/Oceania civ
>>
>>152803513
>>152804349
>Gorgo
>Two Greeces, must have some literally who Spartan woman who never ruled because of some pseudohistorical meme film from 10 years ago
>No Persia
>but must have some leader whose sole accomplishment is possibly killing a Persian emperor
Is this some kind of joke?
>>
File: 20160826005704_1.jpg (525KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160826005704_1.jpg
525KB, 1920x1080px
>>152866312
>not joining in on the bullying while it's still cool and making friends with the big kids so they can stop allahu akbars from ruining britain later on and you can rack up the jew gold
>not using adjustable mods to carefully rebalance the game to make the AI somewhat less retarded
>>
>>152804349
the people who have me question marking are Isabella and Jadwiga, who weren't in the stream leak

maybe they're also DLC civs?
>>
>>152867490
Look at the leaders.

They're all joke figures.
>>
>>152864643
Because he speaks neither English nor Japanese fluently. Just grind past and you'll get to Raising the Dead, which is generically okay.
>>
>>152867490
>no Persia
>no Turks
>no Mongols
>no Dutch
>no Portuguese
>but we have Scythia and Kongo
>>
>>152868080
I'm at the Elf battle part and I really am forcing myself to keep reading.
>>
File: 1346095775494.jpg (98KB, 814x462px) Image search: [Google]
1346095775494.jpg
98KB, 814x462px
how the hell to i build a fleet large enough to protect against intergalactic invaders?
>>
>>152868182
Oh
The Elf battle is the shittiest part of the story bar none even if it's necessary, just bear with it. I'm pretty sure Vampire takes the spotlight after and she's pretty cool.
>>
>>152868351
Can't you just say what happens so that I can skip it? I only really care about Kumo and how she shapes the world.
>>
>>152868481
Eh...
If you really need to just skip it entirely.
>>
File: MemeAliens.png (557KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
MemeAliens.png
557KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: EL Tempest.jpg (96KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
EL Tempest.jpg
96KB, 976x549px
TODAY IS THE DAY OF HAPPENINGS

Endless Legend closed beta for the next expansion has been announced!

DEEPEST, DANKEST SEA EXPANSION!

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/blog/464-announcing-endless-legend-tempest-closed-beta-contest
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 142x183px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 142x183px
Why doesn't Firaxis just hire JFD (alongside Janboruta maybe)? He did massive effort to improve their game, his mods and (most of) his civs are outstanding. He added so much depth and made civ what we wanted it to be.
>>
File: EL-Tempest-Morgawr-attack_ART.jpg (519KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EL-Tempest-Morgawr-attack_ART.jpg
519KB, 1920x1080px
>This expansion will introduce the Morgawr, an aquatic-based Major Faction specialized in naval warfare and manipulation of other creatures. Factions will now be able to fight for dominance of the oceans through the control of sea fortresses, although they will have to wrestle these from the grasp of the Fomorians, a new Minor Faction.
>>
>>152869232
He just added a bunch of civs.
That is not very hard for any firafix employe to do.
>>
>>152869232
because you dont hire modders. they want very specific things, rarely work well in teams, and dont work well under pressure.
>>
>>152869232
>improve their game
Precisely why they wouldn't
>>
File: EL-Tempest-Morgawr-City.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EL-Tempest-Morgawr-City.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Naval Warfare: Naval battles for everyone! You will be able to battle on the seas. All seaborne units can instigate and reinforce sea battles. Exotic mechanics and tile effects spice up this new type of battle!

Ocean Control with Weather System: Arcane structures have emerged from beneath the waves: these Endless relics provide strategic and luxury resources as well as other bonuses to the empire able to control them. To do so, their mysterious guardians must be parlayed with or defeated in battle. The same guardians will patrol “wild” ocean regions, making them a lot less safe to cross without a convoy. Expect clouds, rain and storms to appear on your map.

Sea Fortresses and Minor Faction Fomorians: New generated ocean regions, including a Sea Fortress, offer strategic locations in the water for players to battle it out. Anywhere from zero to three fortresses are located in each ocean region, so expect more in oceans that are more strategically pivotal, between islands or continents.
>>
>>152869232
Fuck off JFD.
>>
File: EL_Tempest_Fortresse&Warfleet.jpg (964KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EL_Tempest_Fortresse&Warfleet.jpg
964KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: EL_Tempest_Morgawr_Units.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EL_Tempest_Morgawr_Units.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
No one cares about sea expansion?
>>
>>152869725
are those carriers? And are those resources on top of the fortress?
>>
>>152869910
I stopped caring about Endless Legend when the enemy hero respawned immediately after I killed him.
>>
File: 2016-08-23 23_25_45-Greenshot.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-23 23_25_45-Greenshot.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>152869479
>He just added a bunch of civs.
he did so much more

>>152869481
eh fair point
>>
File: EL-Tempest-Morgawr-control_ART.jpg (509KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EL-Tempest-Morgawr-control_ART.jpg
509KB, 1920x1080px
>>152869989
Sea resources yes. And transport ships. I doubt they house airplanes.

>>152870043
Heroes never die. They respawn after a couple of turns or immediately if you have the Dust for it.

This looks like to be the last expansion for Endless Legend. After that they'll be working only on Endless Space 2 and two other mystery projects.
>>
File: 2016-08-24 16_58_50-Greenshot.jpg (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-24 16_58_50-Greenshot.jpg
252KB, 1920x1080px
>>152869910
it was a missing feature, seem cool enough
will pirate!

but right now playing pic rel
>>
>>152869910
>necrophages ships are giant monsters
Thanks for the nightmares, the zergs in Starcraft weren't enough.

>>152869232
Because all modders are prima donna little bitches who want things to be done THEIR way and will leave and then trashtalk you if you don't do exactly as they want.
They're all entitled little faggots who think that because they can replace textures, they can do the concept arts guy's job and do the entire game by themselves, without having to test the balance, try to be original, or try to not rip from pop culture too much.
>>
>>152870123
>>152870270

is that sum Thea?
>>
>>152868617
>one construction ship
>4 science ship
How queer. How far are you in the game?
>>
>>152870430
23 years.

Haven't used any frontier outposts yet, so extra construction ships haven't been needed really.
>>
>>152870597
>23 years
So pretty early game, huh?
>>
>>152870650
Yeah just corvettes, and rank 2 of a basic weapon.

My first game on launch I used a lot of frontier outposts and expanded slowly, now I did rapid expansion of large planets up to my core limit and avoided frontier outposts.
Now I think I will save influence up to near cap, maybe edict and build a few outposts.
>>
>>152867490
The point isn't to have all the best-qualified Civs in the initial release, but to have a mix of the best-qualified and some stranger ones. This way the other best-qualifieds can be used to drive expansion packs.
>>
File: 1349311792567.png (28KB, 565x552px) Image search: [Google]
1349311792567.png
28KB, 565x552px
>>152868286
anybody?
>>
>>152870123
>SERIOUS LOVE
>>
File: 20160616224010_1.jpg (443KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160616224010_1.jpg
443KB, 1920x1080px
>>152868617
> Meme Aliens
Beware lad, they get stronk
>>
>>152871325
Show leader
If it isn't a keksandra portrait I riot alone
>>
File: 20160825231154_1.jpg (349KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160825231154_1.jpg
349KB, 1920x1080px
>>152871145
I got shrekt by them recently, but managed to turn it around over the course of about 20 years. Particle lances with bombardment computers are your friend. And they basically just swat anything smaller than cruisers like flies, so give that a miss.
>>
File: 20160616224356_1.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160616224356_1.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
>>152871325
ALIENS GET OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>152871595
i've got tachyon lances, i just can't seem to deal with the sheer volume of them, it really is a scourge
>>
>>152869232
I haven't seen a single case where getting a modder to a dev team was a good idea
>>
File: 20160701224703_1.jpg (498KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160701224703_1.jpg
498KB, 1920x1080px
>>152872267
Oh wait, you said intergalactic, my recipe's for interdimensional.
Only time the Scourge ever appeared in my game it was back in 1.0 when the AI was bugged so they'd just sit on the edge of the galaxy sharting themselves and being no threat to anyone. I have no experience fighting them off.
>>
>>152872420
The only example I know is Daikatana.

We all know how that turned out.
>>
File: Ship Battle 1.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ship Battle 1.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 20160825181620_1.jpg (794KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160825181620_1.jpg
794KB, 1920x1080px
wut
>>
File: Barbarians at the gate.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Barbarians at the gate.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>152873006
Stop calling them barbarians, it's demeaning.
>>
>>152873006
wot
>>
>>152871145
1) battleships
2) lances
3) forget shields, use crystal hitpoint modules instead
>>
>>152873103
>roman empire conquered by barbarians
pottery
>>
So I decided to go for an Epic CBP game as the Brits
Is it normal to end the game with 7000+gpt, 3000 culture pt and 100+ happiness?
>>
File: Ship Battle 2.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ship Battle 2.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
>>152872936
Man, the planets still look like shit. Strangest thing is that they looked fantastic in ES1.
>>
>>152873226
>forget shields, use crystal hitpoint modules instead
onlything i haven't done yet, i'll follow that advice and see how it goes.

in general are more hull points, armor, or shields better? if im getting rid of shield should i have something to help me ships heal automagically?
>>
>>152795516
>Best girl
Why is Dido considered best girl?
>>
>>152873313
Must be an oceanic planet.
>>
>>152870356
yeah, the events and stories are amazing
really good for lore lovers
gonna get some map screenshots
>>
File: ES1 oceanic planet.jpg (210KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
ES1 oceanic planet.jpg
210KB, 1360x768px
>>152873453
>>152873313
>>
>>152873368
it's called having taste
>>
>>152873620
>Liking lying snakes
>good taste
>>
>>152873620
How illuminating.
>>
File: SHip Battle 3.jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SHip Battle 3.jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>152873556
Each time I see a screenshot of ES, I want to reinstall it because the UI is neat.

And each time I remember how bad the AI is and I don't.
>>
>>152873006
>>152873103
how its even possible for barbs to conquer so much like this?
never had these problems while playing
eg: it was in civ4, I think the revolution mod, that allow barbs cities to spawn new minor civs
>>
>>152873620
> its called having shittaste
there, fixed it
>>
>>152873786
>how its even possible for barbs to conquer so much like this?
It's one of the more aggressive Barbarians mods.
>>152873729
>And each time I remember how bad the AI is and I don't.
Let's hope their promises for improved AI in ES2 prove true.
>>
>>152873924
I just want an AI that won't cheat constantly and rub it in my face.
>takes me 3 turns to make ONE ship
>takes the AI 3 turns to make an ENTIRE FLEET
>>
>>152873494
I played it a bit but never manged to get too far into the game without losing
>>
who else think barbs in civ are bullshit?
they play like a civ but aren't actually a civ, the deal is if are left untouched in a continent, they just keep spawning an ocean of barbs units
but in reality barbarian tribes are not even friendly to each other,
they should have been minor barb civs instead, that with time could develop into civilized or something else...
essentially they have minor tribe civs instead of useless city-states... done
>>
>>152874054
yeah, its kinda pretty good actually
is pretty comfy and adorable, all the while being unforgiving
but be true, how did you lose? didn't you just give up after some bad shit happened?
>>
>>152870356
Thea?
>>
>>152874459
ran out of villagers and got overunned after a bad call regarding one of those god quests, I'll admit it's very tempting to ragequit from time to time though.
>>
File: 20160826011714_1.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160826011714_1.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
>>152874303
>go to australia in 1050 AD
>the fucking abbos have composite bows and forged armour and shoot in formations
>not just a bunch of naked black people throwing sticks at kangaroos
IMMERSION RUINED REEEE
>>
>Arabs ruled by a Kurd
>French ruled by an Italian
>Egyptians ruled by a Macedonian
C U C K E D
>>
>>152873712
>Liking lying snakes
Even the Romans admit that she was being more reasonable than Aeneas and that the only reason he isn't an irredeemable cunt is because the Gods will it so and he's Rome's ancestor.
Mind you this is a Carthaginian WOMAN they're praising over a Roman man so they should've taken any chance they had to shit on her, but they couldn't.
>>
>>152875716
>French ruled by an Italian
If it's a Napoléon joke, I'll wage war on your ass and terraform is into a volcano.
>>
File: 1340924761424.png (35KB, 393x430px) Image search: [Google]
1340924761424.png
35KB, 393x430px
>>152875716
>Macedonian
>>
File: pure coincidence.png (763KB, 775x600px) Image search: [Google]
pure coincidence.png
763KB, 775x600px
>>152875918
Catherine DE MEDICI you colossal ignorant.
>>
>>152874303
In Civ IV if you turn on Barbarian World and use that one option to let them spawn into real civilizations, the way Barbarians act is basically like miniature tribes. The fact that they don't attack each other can be rationalized with the idea that they ARE, you just don't give enough of a shit about them to know that tribe A just got taken over by tribe B since it's still two tribes. If you leave them alone for long enough they eventually grow into new civilizations that weren't in the game at start. If you use the New World option it gets even better.
>>
>>152874708
yeah unfortunately.... it all can got to shit really fast
I confess, I saved scum once, after nearly loosing everyone at once
>>152874604
Thea the Awakening
>>
>>152876034
>catherine de medici
>leader of France
Qu'est ce que putain de quoi?

Last time I checked, we had KINGS in France.
>>
>>152876150
She's a regent so for a short time she was reigning queen.
She is also, admittedly, influential domestically and somewhat internationally during a period of time that was important to France and Europe as a whole (and therefore important to the world since by that time Europe was on the fast track to surpass Asia as a whole)
>>
>>152876039
I was pretty sure the barb spawn civ was an option for Revolution or one of those mods
gosh getting the feelings to miss Civ4, feeling like playing it again

but anyway, the issue was with them being left alone and just spawning units non stop, so when you reach them, its completely filled with units, where as lore wise, they should still have low numbers
>>
>>152876292
My fucking ass.
Even Richelieu would be a better leader, and he was a cardinal, not even from the royal family.
>>
>>152876292
More importantly, she's a woman, which is important for some reason.
>>
File: 1471785887514.jpg (855KB, 3000x1705px) Image search: [Google]
1471785887514.jpg
855KB, 3000x1705px
>>152876550
It would have been glorious.
>>
>>152873342
Nanobot cloud on one of your BBs, maybe put a self-heal thing in one slot to help the bot cloud along.

The problem with armor is that most endgame weapons ignore most of it, the problem with shields is they cost shit-tons of energy.

Early game, you can still go with evasion and some shields (good against the amoeba nd crystals), once you get cruisers and BBs go with whatever suits your current enemy (look at their fleets).

It's a good idea to put some PD on everything. It won't save your shitty throwaway corvettes and destroyers, but it'll help.
>>
>>152876642
This painting always looks like something out of Warhammer 40K or some similarly impossibly large-scale sci-fi rather than a real, physically comprehensible image.
>>
what went wrong?
>>
>>152876642
Holy shit, I only ever saw Richelieu in that dress, I never saw him in armour.

He's majestic as fuck.
10/10 would take the arms for him.
>>
>>152876550
Richelieu wasn't an actual leader though. He was influential but he wasn't even the explicit leader. Catherine gets the ticket because she was technically regent at a point so she was also queen regnant for a short while.

>>152876607
Right but that doesn't imply she wasn't at least somewhat influential. At any rate while she's a cop out she's not as bad as shit like Gorgo or Kongo.

>>152876470
Maybe? I forgot, I've only been playing C2C lately.
>>
>>152873712
That's part of the appeal.
She's a very, very bad girl behind her prachy demeanor, and needs you to make her be a good girl.
She's Punic and likes to be punished is what I'm saying.
>>
>>152876804
Yeah first time I saw that pic I was imagining them defending against fantastical sea giants or something.
>>
>>152877184
Spankfag, please. Stay in /nepgen/.
>>
>>152876810
consoles started ruining everything, 'mobile games' finished the job
>>
>>152876932
Richelieu saved Louis XIV when he was just a lil lad and trained him to be one of the best king France had.
>>
>>152877329
I was thinking some light bondage and forced orgasms, but okay.
>>
>>152877454
He still isn't a defacto leader. Jeanne d'Arc literally handed Charles the crown on a silver platter to the point where the English wanted to prove she was a demon so they could have Charlie excommunicated for selling his soul to Satan.

>>152877554
Please stay.
>>
>>152875868
I was referring to her ingame behaviour
I mean, she is always a lying snake in game, more than most AI's
>>
>>152877554
Dido is for tender love, not bondage
>>
File: 1350331312532.png (55KB, 344x345px) Image search: [Google]
1350331312532.png
55KB, 344x345px
>>152876810
>tfw there are aspects of this game i enjoyed and think could be added to the rest of the Civ series
>tfw one of those is being added to Civ VI
>>
File: rly maeks.jpg (50KB, 433x469px) Image search: [Google]
rly maeks.jpg
50KB, 433x469px
>>152872471
when u librate these pre space faring races and enlighten tp create an influence farm, only to fin d out that the first that reaches space age will terror bomb all the others
>>
>>152876695
are strike craft worth it at all?

right now im really only concerned with the scourge, and so far the tachyon lances long range has been working beautifully
>>
>>152876642
is that painting for real?
it really looks glorious
>>
>>152795516
boudica is best girl desu
>>
>>152878134
Henri Motte, Le Grand Siège de La Rochelle
>>
>>152878394
I used to be a great fan of David, but Henri Motte looks okay too.
>>
>>152876932
C2C?

and I think you forgot the point of who actually rules and what not...
most kings actually did very little ruling, chancellors and etc probably meant much more, why the council is so important
>things I learned in CK2
>>
>>152878631
>C2C
Caveman 2 Cosmos.

>and I think you forgot the point of who actually rules and what not...
Not relevant, he was never a leader of his nation so he can't be chosen. Confucius is probably clear away the most influential guy in all of Asia but he can't be leader.
>>
>>152877916
>Revolutions had extra aspects
???
>>
>>152878874
ow, awesome, that little mod was pretty good as well (little I say and regret)
what were major points included with it?
>>
>>152879001
Well it starts in 50k BC for one and your first priority technology is language, gathering (as in foraging for food) and persistence hunting.
It also makes religions unique, druidic traditions lets you build nature circles that give a massive boost to food for every resource nearby and Stonehenge provides unique bonuses (like pilgrimages) for druidic nations.
>>
>>152879223
>Well it starts in 50k BC for one and your first priority technology is language
If you play on an earth map can you migrate over certain areas that are later just water?

Would be fun if a civ like game took animals into greater account.
Diseases, which animals are available for domestication.

Would be fun to migrate over the america, but then you make a note of not wiping out the megafauna.
Or you just block off other humans from migrating over to the americas so it's empty once people become real civs.
>>
Any HoMM game worth it?
I have fond memories of the third, but it probably aged badly.
The fourth was fun with the caravans, but it removed undead and mixed them with demons.
The fifth was brutal as fuck.
The sixth has that gonnorhea Uplay.
>>
>>152878024
Fighters kill missiles and other strike craft very well, bobmers deal a fuckton of damage if they get through.

But most of the time the AI uses PD now, which can reall blunt the bombers.

All in all, in the unmodded game, bombers will take too long to get to the targets.

If you use things like More Shipclassese, they become a lot more viable simply because the new ships survive long enough so that the lance duel takes long enough for them to get to their target, and the stations and ships have more hangar slots that allow adding them to the mix without gimping your lance braodside.
>>
>>152879587
>If you play on an earth map can you migrate over certain areas that are later just water?
You can't because of the way the game is built, there are certain large animals that later just flat out disappear (Giant Ground sloths and Mammoths) if you don't catch and domesticate them in time.
That being said cities become more and more self-sufficient as the game goes on and become more or less independent of their tiles, by the time you're in the classical era the tiles provide like 10% of your hammer and commerce total if that.
Animals are a huge fucking deal, the first guy to rush a Great Hunter has a massive edge on everyone else - every animal killed gives food and hammers to the nearest city which is massive when turn-by-turn hammer yields are like 10 in early game an a single elephant provides that much
Capturing an animal lets you build special buildings like enclosures, farms, and breeding grounds not to mention the insanely useful Myth and Story buildings which provide Science and Education / Literacy respectively.
Diseases are huge too, if you don't build sewers and baths and shit your disease counter ticks up over time which gives special buildings with penalties to Health, then to Happiness, then to shit like hammers and commerce. There's also a crime counter that you can boost if you make Bandit units and stick them near enemy cities, high crime is disgustingly deadly. You also have air and water pollution that are usually not a problem until somewhere around renaissance.
>>
>>152879618
>I have fond memories of the third, but it probably aged badly.
It actually didn't.

Homm2 is an improved homm1.
Homm3 is a different take on the formula from the previous 2 games.
Homm2 and Homm3 are both decent to come back to.
Homm2 is harder early-mid game, but I think it is easier to break late game.
Homm2 and homm3 have very different takes on balance.

In homm3 every unit can upgrade and each tier are comparable or not terribly far off from the other faction units in the same tier.
That is not the case in homm2.
Homm2s balance come from the knights having cheaper units, and can get their stuff earlier than the Warlock.

Homm3 is much easier to handle when it comes to money, since a capitol can support the dwelling cost of almost any town. Tower is a bit off among a few others, but easily fixed with some minor outside incomes.
while you can't even build all your dragons each week with just a Warlock town in homm2.

4th sucks. Unplayable mess.
Stay away from it, your memory of it is wrong.
>>
File: 2016-08-25 14_48_02-Greenshot.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-25 14_48_02-Greenshot.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
> Thea the Awakening
right, gonna post shit about the game
seems like very few people know about it
I found it pretty interesting and fun to play
its mainly survival and rpg, combined with strategy and exploration
here my settlement, in a comfy spot,
you have to set out expeditions to camp out and gather resources,
>>
>>152880285
What about the fifth and the sith?
>inb4 you're actually writing it
>>
>>152880151
>(Giant Ground sloths and Mammoths) if you don't catch and domesticate them in time.
Oh but you can domesticate them if you seek out to do it and keep them to later eras?
That's pretty awesome.
>>
>>152880376
Not him but 5th is fun, just slightly different
6th is garbage except for the succubi and ghost waifus I guess, also Anastasia is a qt.
>>
File: pic_1341257499.jpg (729KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pic_1341257499.jpg
729KB, 1920x1200px
>>152880354

Wanted to start it next week. Seems pretty fun. Currently playing Eador.
>>
>>152880376
I don't consider myself informed enough on them.

I didn't care about the factions enough to give them a chance.
Seemed to bland.
I've heard people say that homm5 is good with expansions though, comparable to homm3 which is what the games in the series weigh themselves against.

The water faction in homm6 was cool though, but homm6 simplified the resource system.

Different factions in the earlier games require different resources to different degrees.

You have Sulfur, Mercury, Crystals and Gems.
In homm6 there are just Blood Crystals.
For example In homm2 you can specifically deny the warlock Sulfur, so he can't get his Dragon Tower up.
If you need spells, you need a variety of them.

The blood crystal thing kinda turned me off from homm6.

haven't tried homm7, seemed okay, but I never looked at it once it was done.
>>
>>152880570
I remember trying Eador and getting humiliatingly rekt.

>>152880354
Looks fun.

>>152880493
I remember 5th being fucking violent, with all ranged indies being rape machine taking 1/3 of your small troops, and the AI going straight for you once it detects you're weakened enough.

>>152880493
>Anastasia
I thought she died in the fifth game?
>>
File: Civ-6-3--1-pc-games.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Civ-6-3--1-pc-games.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Will you guys

>preorder Civ 6?
>buy it on release or wait for the sale?

btw. preorder gives bonus. again.
>>
>>152880461
>Oh but you can domesticate them if you seek out to do it and keep them to later eras?
Well not always
Mammoths spawn from their resource, Mammoths, which are arctic-only and very rare, but they migrate around as Barbarians (animals are barbarians for this game) and you might find some if you live in temperate zones. If you catch them and live in a good place you can build Mammoth Hunter Camps and Mammoth trainers which let you build War Mammoths and all their other versions. Giant Ground Sloths can be trained as a better version of Spearmen that do extra damage, have +2 strength, a special upgrade line or two (Savage Beast, adds a fuckton of strength to attack rounds) and add a bunch of hammers to cities they're in but you have to hope you spawn on a continent with them - every landmass has a set of animals it will spawn and no others so you could possibly be on a landmass that just doesn't have any.

>>152880748
>I thought she died in the fifth game?
The necromancer girl? I forgot haven't played it in a long time. This is the one where she literally just becomes an undead though and it takes place like 1000 years before V so maybe.
VII is...not really a HoMM game? It doesn't feel 'right'?
>>
>>152880749
I refuse to preorder. I don't care about the tiny trinkets they try to slap on to it.

I will pirate it.
If it is good I will probably buy it.
Many consider civ5 vanilla unplayable, but I pirated it and played it for a few weeks and deemed it worthy of my money.
>>
>>152880748

Yeah, if you don't play the campaign on beginner (until you got the game knowledge) and built certain units/heroes first, you get literally destroyed.
>>
>>152880749
I'll wait for all the add-ons and the eventual GOTY edition that includes them. Firaxis games are always bad until they fix it up with the expansions.
>>
File: tumblr_oa2v2z88pu1ssbwqro3_1280.png (1MB, 734x1090px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa2v2z88pu1ssbwqro3_1280.png
1MB, 734x1090px
>>152877876
I'm no BDSMfag, but a girl being lightly and tastefully kinbaku'd makes her all the more kissable and caressable for me.
>>
>>152880886
>VII
Woah hey, there are only VI HoMM games.

>>152880937
I thought playing III and IV would be enough, but the ranged units are buffed in V.
>>
>>152881000
WEW
>>
>>152881046
Is VII considered that bad?
>>
File: 1350154300836.png (5KB, 210x229px) Image search: [Google]
1350154300836.png
5KB, 210x229px
>>152879818
10/10 would ask questions again. you've been very helpful anon
>>
what tools do you guys use to take screenshots of non-steam games? The good old PrtSc only produces black screens
>>
>>152881470
window mode
>>
>>152881207
Wait, there's really a seventh game?
>>
>>152881545
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Might_%26_Magic_Heroes_VII
It was...bad, to say the least.
>>
>>152881470
I've been using Fraps since my GTA:SA days
>>
New to 4x games, should I try age of Wonders 3 or Endless legend?
>>
>>152881627
I didn't knew. I gave out after Uplay robbed me of my copy of VI because I forgot my mail adress.

Like they did with Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood.
>>
>>152881695
>, should I try age of Wonders 3 or Endless legend?

yes
>>
>>152881695
both are good, AoW3 if you want more traditional fantasy and endless legend if you want something a bit more refreshing
>>
>>152881695
EL for fantasy civ5 with cool mechanics.
AoW3 for sweet tactical combat.
>>
So how about Heinlein so far?
>>
>>152881695
Yes.
>>
File: 1470261472453.jpg (250KB, 1700x760px) Image search: [Google]
1470261472453.jpg
250KB, 1700x760px
>>152879618
>Any HoMM game worth it?
3 modded is always good.
5 isn't terrible.

Age of Wonders 3 is great.
>>
File: 2016-08-25 15_14_15-Greenshot.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-25 15_14_15-Greenshot.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
>>152880354
the game lore is about ever lasting darkness engulfing the world, you begin to play when the sun rises again, eg: the awakening
the game has day/night cycles, lasting 18 turns, with partials in the middle (morning, afternoon...)
when night strikes, monsters get more aggressive, you can see basically shit, and events get dangerous...
since its very bad for traveling, I like to camp out gatherers on needed resources, and let them sit the whole night there, don't forget to bring in some protection,

>>152880570
and what about Eador? yet another game I haven't heard about
also, that's some weird ass hex map
>>
>>152882845
>3
>modded
Huh? There are mods?
>>
>>152880749
> buy it
yeah, go dreaming
1- pirate it
2- check if they haven't screwed up immensely
3- if its good, wait for major dlc
4- then wait for ridiculous 90% promotion
5- then maybe buy it, if its still worth while
>>
File: Autism Simulator.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Autism Simulator.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>152880570
>Eador.
>spend 20h autistically grinding a shard till I maxed out my hero, skills, spells, items, units
>start next shard, progress reset
Rolled uninstall wizard.
>>
>>152882856
How hard is it? I tried Faster Than Light and Darkest Dungeons and never had fun with them because of the whole permadeath shit.
>>
I just want to live peacefully. Why do they make me conquer them?
>>
>>152881470
greenshot is a pretty good utility for capture,
tons of options
>>
>>152880749
ill preorder, because I only buy 'safe' games that I know will be good, and this is one of them. I never preordered civ 5 or beyond earth for a reason.
>>
File: AoW3.jpg (187KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
AoW3.jpg
187KB, 1024x679px
>>152881695
Both good, can't go wrong. Endless series will most likely be going on sale soon.
>>
>>152803513
>Harald Hardråde
>not Harald Hårfagre

PISS
>>
>>152883209
This game looks so ugly.
>>
>>152883286
>females knight don't have chainmail bikini
THANK YOU
>>
File: 1340959101036.jpg (151KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1340959101036.jpg
151KB, 900x675px
>>152882984
>Huh? There are mods?
Are you for real? There are literally hundreds of mods. Some of them have the quality of a full priced game.
>>
>>152883454
>Some of them have the quality of a full priced game.
pic related I assume?
>>
File: tumblr_oa2v2z88pu1ssbwqro4_1280.png (2MB, 816x1170px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa2v2z88pu1ssbwqro4_1280.png
2MB, 816x1170px
>>152881061
>WEW
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>152883550
post more
>>
File: AoW series.jpg (651KB, 1000x2272px) Image search: [Google]
AoW series.jpg
651KB, 1000x2272px
>>152883418
But there is chainmail bikini, if you're into that.
>>
>>152883139
its not really that, at least for me still
the thing is its pretty unforgiving, like for example in rimworld
you get attached to your characters, and out of nowhere your favorite one dies or strays off following a seductive vampire
all in that, its pretty funny
all events are fully voiced and the art is simply amazing
>>
finally got CBT to work property. What am I in for?
>>
File: Wake of Gods settings.jpg (858KB, 1622x1826px) Image search: [Google]
Wake of Gods settings.jpg
858KB, 1622x1826px
>>152883545
Nah, that's just a for fun.

Wake of Gods, Horn of the Abyss, ERA, those are just 3 of the big ones.
>>
>>152883510
they will probably release 1 or 2 alternate leaders with the 'expansions' as well as a bunch of normal leaders. that is, if gorgo is an alt civ leader. we arent 110% sure yet.

as for if its good, no one knows. it LOOKS good gameplay wise, since its not deleting half the features from the previous game to add them in with dlc (this also means that civ 6 will probably have 1 diplomacy dlc and 2 ones featuring mechanics we dont even know about) it looks good. but the balancing might be shit, the optimization might be shit...theres still a lot of possibilities.
>>
>>152883454
What the hell? I didn't know it had mods!

>>152883617
I'm not. Sexy girls distract me from the action.

>>152883721
>out of nowhere your favorite one dies
Not my kind of game, then.
>>
File: Podracing.jpg (31KB, 444x337px) Image search: [Google]
Podracing.jpg
31KB, 444x337px
>Civ5
>start game with friends
>build wonder
>sometimes switches to loading screen when passing turns
>wonders randomly disappear and if you were building one it stops production
>it's right there in production options showing the remaining turns it would take to build it but it's faded out because i can only build one at a time despite this being the city it was being build it

Is there any way to fix this? It really takes the fun out of the game when your hard earned wonders just disappear, the only way to fight it seems to just never build any wonders at all.

On a related note, Tercio also disappear every time this happens. Production and time is spend, but the Tercio are fucking gone. I've tried building them over and over again just for it to load and suddenly they're all gone.
>>
>>152881000
nice trips

>you will never tenderly love a tied up Dido
>you will never live your life with Dido in her comfy (I assume it is) palace from the leader screen
kill me
>>
File: 1470259374626.png (409KB, 864x841px) Image search: [Google]
1470259374626.png
409KB, 864x841px
>>152883902
>What the hell? I didn't know it had mods!
Tryhards bitch about balance but the mods are fun.
>>
>>152883724
CBT?
>>152883902
try out before you dismiss it
>>
>>152884089
>CBT?

community balance patch, a nice overhaul
>>
File: Deleb.jpg (69KB, 456x450px) Image search: [Google]
Deleb.jpg
69KB, 456x450px
>>152879618
I absolutely fucking lov HoMM5.

This bitch of probably the closest thing I've ever had to a waifu in vidya.

Holy shit that fucking ballista.
>>
I'm bored. What 4X do I play?
>>
>>152884565
Civ5 with a ton of civilization and wonder mods.
>>
File: Endless.jpg (684KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Endless.jpg
684KB, 1920x1080px
>>152884565
Throw a coin.
>>
>>152884089
>no demo on Steam
Yeah, no. I wouldn't mind a slow RPG/RTS to distract me from Path of Exile and the Neptunia games, but having characters dying out of the blue because of fuck you doesn't sound fun.
>>
>>152884565
Have you tried Sword of the stars 1?

Pretty good combat
>>
File: tumblr_oa2v2z88pu1ssbwqro1_1280.png (1MB, 815x1187px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa2v2z88pu1ssbwqro1_1280.png
1MB, 815x1187px
>>152883614
What's a better board for this?
>>152883960
Dido's a lewd body but I can't really see why tying her up in particular has so much appeal for you.
>>
>>152885656
I don't know but you're still on topic.
>>
>>152885656
oh don't get me wrong, I would actually prefer Dido unbound. But bondage Dido is still nice.

>you will never tenderly caress Dido
>>
Anyone here played the new Master of Orion game? Is it any decent?

The last version I played was some early alpha that was completely balls, but I was hoping they'd have time to unfuck themselves since it was just an early alpha.
>>
File: tumblr_oa2v2z88pu1ssbwqro2_1280.png (1MB, 1140x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa2v2z88pu1ssbwqro2_1280.png
1MB, 1140x810px
>>152886078
Very well.
>>152886280
Her body really is divine.
>>
>>152873313
In what way does it look bad?
>>
>>152883286
I pirate everything anyway so I will get both
>>
>>152883209
>playing without RT
are you a masochist?
>>
>>152887350
Give Plantoid DLC.
>>
File: tumblr_oa2v6ae1VQ1ssbwqro1_1280.png (973KB, 612x926px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa2v6ae1VQ1ssbwqro1_1280.png
973KB, 612x926px
>>152887003
When I first rred the Æneid, I cried during Book IV. Not because I was consciously moved, I really wasn't to any great degree, but I still cried.
>>
>>152889065
What's RT tho?
>>
>>152889670
rising tide
>>
>>152889451
Everyone I see Plantoid I read it as Planetoid for some reason.

Planetoid race when?
>>
File: fantasy-plates.jpg (236KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
fantasy-plates.jpg
236KB, 600x444px
>>152883418
>It's Boob-plate instead.
k
>>
>>152889853
Fantasy armors aren't really useful anyway since in fantasy powerlevels can be so high that skin is harder than any metal.
>>
File: e53d3196be648c84168c32e0fb9399bf.jpg (125KB, 760x1024px) Image search: [Google]
e53d3196be648c84168c32e0fb9399bf.jpg
125KB, 760x1024px
>>152889853
What are some games with girls in halfway decent armor?
>>
>>152890203
mount and blade
>>
>>152890110
Which is why most armors in fantasy settings are made of those very same skins.
>>
File: tumblr_oa2v6ae1VQ1ssbwqro2_1280.png (648KB, 619x926px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa2v6ae1VQ1ssbwqro2_1280.png
648KB, 619x926px
>>152889461
Here's the source with a few more shots, and that's the whole set:
http://patlabor1982.lofter.com/post/271fd1_b9bf693
I have some more sets, but I'd prefer to post them on a more suitable board, if you could recommend one.
>>
File: 1470648105382.png (662KB, 611x617px) Image search: [Google]
1470648105382.png
662KB, 611x617px
>>152890372
That's not my point.
In settings that have big power gaps you often have straight up immunity to damage if the other guy isn't strong enough. Dragonskin is shit-tier compared to natural immunity to all damage. Someone who wears armor is probably either cannon fodder or doesn't actually need it and does it to look cool, which explains why in games divine girls often show up in a slutty dress, because they don't give a shit.
>>
File: Tactics_Ogre_female_Knight.jpg (32KB, 433x430px) Image search: [Google]
Tactics_Ogre_female_Knight.jpg
32KB, 433x430px
>>152890203
Tactics Ogre
>>
File: 10engineering.png (517KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
10engineering.png
517KB, 1024x768px
dang, this system.

Shame it's on the other side of the Galaxy.
>>
File: 20160825215153_1.jpg (651KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160825215153_1.jpg
651KB, 1920x1080px
>all my cities tick over the population level where the buildings can keep them happy at pretty much the same time
>go from ~0 happiness to -44 in a few turns
>while fighting a war on two fronts against the two most powerful militaries
RIP me. I had a good run. Now come the rebellions.
>>
File: 1439543697805.png (95KB, 228x278px) Image search: [Google]
1439543697805.png
95KB, 228x278px
>>152890776
>PSP
How about no?
>>
File: 1422221651384.png (769KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
1422221651384.png
769KB, 760x596px
>>152890661
>Someone who wears armor is probably either cannon fodder or doesn't actually need it and does it to look cool, which explains why in games divine girls often show up in a slutty dress, because they don't give a shit.
This is why I hate bare-fisted fighters in fantasy settings. Really jarring.
>>
>>152890939
You can avoid growth yo

Also
>+1 from luxes
What kind of manly mod are you playing?
>>
>>152890993
PSP's a good system, m8.

Easily piratable as well.
>>
File: 1422222038409.jpg (223KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
1422222038409.jpg
223KB, 760x596px
>>152891012
>>
File: Ravness.jpg (50KB, 635x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ravness.jpg
50KB, 635x800px
>>152890993
Just emulate it
>>
>>152890936
I once found a system with 17 minerals and 1 beltharian stone, or however that word is spelled again, maybe 2 or 3 systems over from my home system, was a fucking great system to have pretty much immediately.
>>
>>152891092
Maybe, but I don't buy systems that only have one game that interests me. Otherwise I would have a PS4.
>>
>>152881695
AoW has more replay value what with the race/class combinations and all the mods, so I prefer that.
>>
File: 1422225122986.jpg (145KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
1422225122986.jpg
145KB, 760x596px
>>152891209
>>
>>152891365
PSP has more than one game worth playing.

Regardless though, don't bother buying an actual PSP, just emulate it. You can play PSP games on your mobile if you want to.
>>
>>152891363
I think I've seen a double digit mineral system before, but I think this is the first time I've seen it in research.
>>
>>152891073
Already blocked all growth in all my cities, but it's too late. I'm about to be fucked, I fear. This is my first match in Vox Populi where I got further (for technical reasons) than the Ancient era, so I don't know what to look out for. I guess having all your cities pump out 1-3 unhappiness at the same time is a very bad thing when you're this wide.

>What kind of manly mod are you playing?
Community Balance Overhaul. It completely redoes the happiness system.
>>
>>152884962
it has demo on steam you cuck
and pretty easy to pirate as well, gog version
>>
>>152891012
>This is why I hate bare-fisted fighters in fantasy settings. Really jarring.
Why? To high-tier characters a punch can well be just as strong as a zweihander if not a hundred times stronger.
>>
>>152890516
You could post them on /b/, not sure if /s/ would take it since I've only ever seen them have porn but you could try. There's also /cgl/ and /fa/, might even be able to put it up on /jp/ as long as they're all Japanese.
>>
>>152891593
>Already blocked all growth in all my cities, but it's too late
I hope you don't mean that you just checked the "avoid growth" button.
>>
>>152891939
>thinking I'm going to bother microing 27 fucking cities
No. Also, that would hurt my income, which I can't afford right now.
>>
>>152892264
>Also, that would hurt my income
Nevermind, laborers provide +1 gold.
BRB, microing 27 cities.
>>
File: tumblr_o672ueYjBN1ssbwqro1_1280.jpg (118KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o672ueYjBN1ssbwqro1_1280.jpg
118KB, 960x640px
>>152891762
/s/ makes me want to puke (I have very high standards and a clothing fetish in almost the original meaning) and I'd rather not go there or /b/, even to give other anons erections; /cgl/ and /fa/ are pretty much out of the question; and even the girl I was just posting was Chinese, not Japanese.

But shibari/kinbaku is Japanese; I could use that as the angle on /jp/.
>>
>>152892507
>>152892264
A little late now though.
Unless you're loading.
>>
>>152892712
Damage control.
>>
>>152892535
If you do find a place be sure to post a link or where to find it here, would very much love to see more of this.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1366x768px
I got AoWIII.

>First game.
>Make some Master Keeper of Peace/Expander Necromancer old guy.
>Gonna RP some /tg/-tier peaceful necrocracy.
>Build first city, Shadowspirenear three Treasure site.
>Meet two Independent cities Fasburg and Onx Rilig and start making them vassals and annexing them.
>One of the 8 NPC players got killed by independents before I could even settle my second city, Goldundead.

I don't know how well I'm doing really, since I'm playing on Knight Difficulty since it's my first game and I choice the largest map type available, so I haven't met anyone yet.

Any advice for my playthrough or any generic advice you could give to a newcomer?
>>
>>152894007
>Any advice for my playthrough or any generic advice you could give to a newcomer?

Getting immunities for heroes is very powerful.
Not sure how you can influence that really, I don't remember how item creation worked, if it was even there.
I know mages could summon mount eggs, and they could come with resistances.
I remember switching between a couple of months with one hero depending on which immunity I wanted.
I think there are rings with 40% physical protection, so if you're lucky and get two of those, and then you get a dreadnought who can get 20% from levels.

Defensive stance in combat is very useful.

Oh right the warrior hero is op as fuck if you get the unlimited retaliations skill.
I think it works so you don't waste action points while retaliating. Basically turning your hero into a murder machine from AoW1.
>>
File: 1471894065186.jpg (31KB, 426x531px) Image search: [Google]
1471894065186.jpg
31KB, 426x531px
>>152890661
Is kinda funny everybody bitches about how chainmail bikini is unrealistic because offers no protection against arrows, but somehow, your generic plate armor will soft the blow of a 20 ton dragon punching you in the dick is perfectly fine.
>>
File: 1470504556444.jpg (143KB, 1280x1556px) Image search: [Google]
1470504556444.jpg
143KB, 1280x1556px
>>152896187
>she WON'T wake up
>>
File: 1471157894158.jpg (37KB, 238x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471157894158.jpg
37KB, 238x400px
>>152893209
The thread's here >>15744421
>>
File: 1468388724973.jpg (66KB, 389x523px) Image search: [Google]
1468388724973.jpg
66KB, 389x523px
>>152896543
Ah, here: >>>/jp/15744421
>>
>>152894007
>Any advice for my playthrough or any generic advice you could give to a newcomer?
Play the campaigns. They teach you everything.
>>
>>152896543
>>152896707
Nice, thanks man.
>>
>>152882856
you need to find resources and craft all sorts of equipment
it usually all depends on what resources you have available
you do want to explore far away but always keep finding the need to go back to base
the risk of death is like pic related, your character doesn't die when reaching 0 health
but grave injuries have a risk of death, that can be reduced by having a doctor, resources and setting camp
>>
File: 016.jpg (355KB, 1095x584px) Image search: [Google]
016.jpg
355KB, 1095x584px
>>152897092
You're welcome.
Though I'm wondering how long it'll last.

Has anyone here played Realism Invictus for Civ IV?
>>
>>152880749
i would preorder right now if they confirmed Hot Seat
>>
>>152880749
i would preorder right now if they confirmed Hot Seat
>>
File: boobplate.jpg (352KB, 1600x1759px) Image search: [Google]
boobplate.jpg
352KB, 1600x1759px
>>152889853
>>152890203
>>152890776
>>152891293
Boobplate is just as historically correct as muscleplate.
>>
>>152899016
You know what, that design actually does a very good job of killing the whole 'it'll hit her chest' with boobplate.
>>
>>152899193
They need to add spikes on the boobs, so that she can rams into enemies.
>>
>>152889065
No money.
>>
>>152898287
>moved to /s/
Rip anon
>>
Fuck you, Elodie. This world is for the people of Earth who toiled to get us here. It's not your fucking trippy xeno garden to grow cucumber people or some shit.
>>
>tried Thea
>lost a member in the fucking tutorial
>despite playing in easy
This is like King of the Dragon Pass.
>>
>>152899193
It's almost like armorsmiths back then understood the whole 'armor' thing better than armchair armor experts on the internet today.

Don't get me wrong: that piece is just as ornate and overdone and ultimately for show as muscleplate, but they made it, and it was functional enough to not just turn the whole chest area into 'muh boob blade trap' 'le chesticle weak spot lmao' etc.
>>
>>152901647
Feels like 'old' games or even just ttrpgs with a GM who knows what a 'grim' setting is
I got taken by surprise too since the design is soft. Kind of like when I first played Pooh.
>>
>>152901942
Or maybe I became bad. I don't remember having any trouble with Startopia when I was a kid, I retried it recently and it kicked my ass.

My consolation is that my old self would never have been able to finish Dark Souls. Or even figure what the hell is going on, since back then I didn't spoke French.
>>
>>152901914
Well I imagine that whoever was wearing it was at most a 'front'line commander, not some charger.
>>
File: prespacewenttospace.png (628KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
prespacewenttospace.png
628KB, 1024x768px
Cool, I just scanned pre-ftl within these aliens territory.
And then when I'm finished with the system they've reached ftl.
>>
>>152884898

I wish EL games weren't so painfully repetitive. Is there any reason think ES2 will be different?
>>
>>152880749
I just bought the 25th Anniversary Edition on Amazon...
>>
File: In Face of God.png (34KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
In Face of God.png
34KB, 459x459px
>>152901942
>Pooh
That game was a LOT harder than I signed up for.
>>
>>152902167
It'd like to think they noticed your ship flying around and took some readings off it which let them jump ahead on figuring it out.
>>
>>152902986
Yeah I was thinking something like that.

How the blue guys on the map would see it.

They know of this pre ftl civ.
They know about my science vessel passing through and scanning.
Suddenly they have ftl.

Would be fun if I got a penalty relation with the blue guys even if it wasn't my fault, because I can see them thinking it was.
>>
File: 20160826003221_1.jpg (678KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160826003221_1.jpg
678KB, 1920x1080px
Jesus.
>>
>>152904506
Prepare to be culturally enriched.
>>
>G&K is about Religion primarily
>Austria is also added as a Civ with a diplomatic marriage ability
>Buying out city states is the name of her game but they have to rebalance it so its after five turns of alliance
>not just requiring the city state follow your religion and be an ally

Are they dumb?
>>
>>152870329
>or try to not rip from pop culture too much.
The shitty thing is that devs do this too. rip Borderlands
>>
>>152873556
This is the kind of scifi I'm talkin' about. Sprawling planetary cityscapes regardless of terrain. I love it.
>>
>>152907264
What's this 9gaggery?
>>
>>152907150
Borderlands was shit.
>is advertised as solo and multiplayer
>enemies will level up faster than you if you play solo and you never get to recharge your shields because literally everyone is after you
>>
>>152876804
>similarly impossibly large-scale sci-fi rather than a real, physically comprehensible image.
Imagine how the generals who lived through multiple wars felt.
>>
>>152907648
I liked the first because the references weren't too in your face and scaling was better.
Borderlands 2 just shat on everything.
>>
So how is master of orion? The new one.
>>
>>152907657
Marcus Aurelius feels like all he wanted was a hot cup of coffee and a lazy sunday with his loving wife. But the he got to be emperor and deal with shit 24/7 :(
>>
What the hell is the Stellaris VOID? It isn't just the Void Clouds, is it?
>>
>>152908802
Shit.
>>
Anyone have a spare Stellaris key to sell?

steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017642833
>>
>>152908802
It's fun, but it's not the original.
>>
God I'd love to know the exact border outcome of frontier outposts.

I have 900 influence, and will get another 140 so I want to place a frontier outpost somewhere, but it's hard to know where I get the most yields.
>>
So, what's the main difference between stellaris and master of orion? (the old and the new one)
>>
>>152900698
It annoys me how non-Rising-Tide BE looks better than with-Rising-Tide BE.

When the sea is a clusterfuck of features and resources the map is just a complete mess.
>>
How is sorcerer king? I remember ignoring it when it came out due to age of wonders 3 but it's currently on sale with a expansion coming out next month.
>>
>>152912825
not to mention the sea farms look ugly as shit. I mean, most things in BE look ugly, but sea improvements for the most part look pretty bad.
>>
>>152910890
Yeah, they should really put a radius on there.
As a CK2 autist I've been conditioned by /gsg/ over the years to find the sight of discontinuous territory physically painful, so I end up spending a jillion influence on outposts just for aesthetic purposes.
Of course then I have to farm protectorates to pay for them, which means I have to put up with enclaves throughout my territory, and that's almost as physically painful.
I just can't win.
Well, except the first game back in 1.0, when you could capture Empire-capital complexes and farm influence from fallen homeworlds (which actually made a lot more sense).
>>
>>152913276
>when you could capture Empire-capital complexes
Ah you can't capture empire capital complexes anymore?

I wanted to try that, but never did.
A bit finicky so thought it could be left in.
Probably too exploitable for mp though.

Was thinking of trying in a coop game, ask my ally for a medium planet, upgrade to empire capitol(since I've avoided it for myself), place a research institute and then one of the empire uniques from Individualism/Collectivism, then send the planet back.
Then repeat with another planet.

Also thought of going full military and sniping capitols. Would make military expansion more interesting.
>>
>>152912825
>When the sea is a clusterfuck of features and resources the map is just a complete mess.
Often one my problem with 4x games. To play optimally you'll bulldoze the map with your shit.

Master of Magic was in that respect kinda of nice in that there were no land improvements.
Land improvements are fun though.
Ideally I think I'd want a system where if the you don't work the entirety of the city radius, so you leave some nature in there.
Like if the city radius covers 30 tiles, but the city can only work up to 20 tiles.
>>
>>152795516
page 10 bump
>>
>>152917479
An old /civ4xg/ trick is to post the roll chart, and then pretend to roll it during the slow hours as a way to bump
>>
>>152910890
Me too, I hate building them trying link up colonies so I can make them into one sector only to have it not quite be enough.
>>
Give civ 5 rollsheet
>>
File: roll chart.png (629KB, 872x1224px) Image search: [Google]
roll chart.png
629KB, 872x1224px
>>152918502
>>
File: Suicide1.jpg (98KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide1.jpg
98KB, 640x628px
>>152918960
Thanks babe
Gimme somethin good
>>
File: 420.png (14KB, 188x249px) Image search: [Google]
420.png
14KB, 188x249px
>>152918960
gimme those hot rolls boy
>>
>>152919157
>poland pangea victory of your choice
Pretty vanilla but Poland are bretty gud. Enjoy your roll anon
>>
>>152919363
>Indonesia Archipelago with victory choice

ez
>>
File: 02-620x.jpg (107KB, 549x270px) Image search: [Google]
02-620x.jpg
107KB, 549x270px
>>152919405
The only real choice is domination
>>
File: 20160821120724_crop.jpg (27KB, 661x89px) Image search: [Google]
20160821120724_crop.jpg
27KB, 661x89px
What did she mean by this?
>>
File: Soon.png (612KB, 787x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Soon.png
612KB, 787x1048px
>>152920371
Get ready for the final countdown.
>>
>>152920371
>everyones foreign advisor is gandhi
>>
>>152920787
I think foreign advisor is the Indian looking one too
>>
I wander from thread to thread to save dead generals
>>
File: 1470248999067.png (378KB, 1611x1840px) Image search: [Google]
1470248999067.png
378KB, 1611x1840px
>>152923329
Thank you, mystery knight.
>>
>>152923329

>1-2 Weeks Until ES2 Beta
>8 Weeks Until Civ 6

if they both end up being shit this general is literal going to just become permanently dead
>>
>>152914717
>civ 6 district
>national parks
Yes please. As a mod or in the base game, idgaf.
>>
File: United_Empire_Defeat.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
United_Empire_Defeat.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>152923692
>ES2 Beta
More like alpha. Loads of newfriends will play it thinking Amplitude is just extorting money, not realizing the game isn't finished but it will be one day soon.

The shitposting will off the scale.
>>
>>152924272
I just hope I get into the beta.
>>
>>152924516
For ES2, it's not a beta, it's early access. Pay and you're in.

The expansion for Endless Legend is the one that will be having a close beta.
>>
>>152924617
Oh, then that makes things simpler and less reliant on luck.
>>
Damn it might not be possible.

Tried to set the prereqs with console.

There's the genetic modifying events.
In my first game I colonized an ocean planet that wasn't my native type.
After I discovered how to genetically modify my people, the people on that planet started modifying themselve,s removing traits, adding new ones, and they adopted the native type Ocean.
I've seen mutants keep adding traits to themselves far over the max.

So thought I'd test to see if they would take on Tomb world preference if you colonized that before anything else.
So far they haven't tried to modify themselves though.
>>
>>152926417
Got the event right after I posted that of course, but nothing happened.

They started calling themselves the same thing they were already name.
Not represented by a different pop.
Maybe it's bugged on tomb worlds.
>>
>>152920371
>>152920743
>>
>>152926714
Not necessarily non working for tomb world.

Just loaded before the event, changed the planet type to tundra.
Got the event again and the same thing happened.

Tomb World preference super humans dream isn't dead yet.
>>
Any way or mod to make it so that other Civs won't hate war mongerers so much?
>>
>>152928234
eliminate them and they stop bitching
>>
>>152928234
They can't hate you if they are dead.
>>
I wander from thread to thread to save dead generals
>>
File: TRAGIC.jpg (42KB, 640x288px) Image search: [Google]
TRAGIC.jpg
42KB, 640x288px
I have not played a lot of Civ V (50+ hours) but... Am I the only one that thinks that City-States were a mistake?
>>
>>152932584
city states are cool, just very poorly implemented. (mostly for diplomatic purposes) it would be nice if they took a bit of a bigger role in things.
>>
>>152932725
The idea is defenitely cool. But in Civ V all comes down to the Civ that has the most moneym or Alexander.
I'm curious if they will do it better in VI, City-States are really unique, I like the envoy sistem and now that the maps are bigger they won't be a nuisance.
>>
>>152932584
city states are fucking gay. If they have good resources or a luxury I want I conquer their ass.
>>
File: 20160825212529_1.jpg (487KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160825212529_1.jpg
487KB, 1920x1080px
>Send Commanche Raiders into a ruin
>They come out as a tank
>I don't even have railroad yet
>>
>>152933321
space nazis awaken
>>
>enslave species
>rename all of their stars to <Species Name> # and planets to be something like <Species name>
Slave World #
>have everything populated by slaves except the capital and slave processing facility

>proceed to unzip dick and jack off
>>
File: Horzgrad.jpg (80KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Horzgrad.jpg
80KB, 300x300px
Man this game can throw some gut punches.

>vanilla United Nations of Earth playthrough
>first year an anomaly distress signal from an alien ship
>commanding scientist handles it like a boss, mind-parasite affecting the alien crew is removed with no worries
>this is where humanity meets the fungoid Horzgrad
>Fanatic Individualist, like me
>Xenophile, like me
>bromance.jpg
>normally the new contact detriment would prevent a rapid alliance even with these good start but they're grateful enough over us helping their crew that we get a non-aggression pact straight away
>then, in an abandoned Horzgrad pirate base, the same science officer recovers the Horzgrad equivalent of the Original Works of Shakespere or something
>the Horzgrad LOVE humans
>Offering Alliances, Sensor Links and Research Agreements which I agree to of course
>Would have had migration agreement too if they didn't have an Arctic preference
>100+ opinion well before the 2nd year post-contact is out
>This historic agreement between man and xeno is called The Beneficial Pact
>Years pass with no further contacts, human and horzgrad exploring the galaxy arm-in-arm
>Communications Established
>An Advanced militaristic-Fanatic Xenophobe
>Declares rivalry with humans straight away, horzgrad declare rivalry with them, they declare rivalry with horzgrad and humans declare rivalry straight back
>Bad times friend ahead.

These dicks have a superior Navy, Capacity and Tech while both the Horzgrad and I haven't even established a second spaceport. The galaxy isn't as friendly as we thought and there are those that would see our fledgling nations reduced to ash. But at least Horzgrad and Human will face them together...
>>
File: 1324691501332814660.jpg (36KB, 636x434px) Image search: [Google]
1324691501332814660.jpg
36KB, 636x434px
>>152933715
>tfw it's not the race with the decadent trait, it's the player
>>
File: 1468483548437.png (300KB, 643x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468483548437.png
300KB, 643x480px
>>152795516
>civilization tries to steal a techology and fails
>camps it up after they're caught
>ask them to stop spying on me
>they get mad

it's like they want their capital taken
>>
the real redpill from stellaris and civ 5 is to realize that the only way to secure your existence is to remove all of your enemies from existence
>>
>>152935443
just like how it is in real life. the only reason why there arent more wars going on now is because of things like nuclear bombs and the promise of 'if you take us down, we're taking you with us' the world wars themselves didnt teach us jack shit, the bombs over japan did.
>>
>>152934682
When shits try that on me late game I go full gandhi and make them aware that my words really are backed by nuclear weapons.
>>
>>152935443
They straight up say it in Beyond Earth.

> "The mistake was not the war. The mistake was believing we could start over. Only now, halfway across the universe, do we finally see: there is only one path to peace, and it must be walked alone."
>>
>>152935925
>tfw the only way to truly progress is to be one collective human culture
>tfw this will never happen
>>
>>152935925
They kind of outright say it as well in Stellaris with the Fanatic Militarist ideology.
>>
>>152936091
>europe had a chance to limit it down to a few dozen and killed themselves

an unfortunate timeline
>>
you need to do what the french did to the breton language and other french dialects in order to secure your existence

"but what about england and the irish language"
well you also have to give food, idiot
>>
>>152936413
>Quebec citizens had the government by the balls
>today all their kids speak English better than French

RIP
>>
>>152936829
i can't say that's a bad thing

it's priming for total annexatoin
>>
File: elvish getting too.png (207KB, 399x787px) Image search: [Google]
elvish getting too.png
207KB, 399x787px
bump
>>
File: EldritchHorror.jpg (438KB, 1667x938px) Image search: [Google]
EldritchHorror.jpg
438KB, 1667x938px
Urgh. I'm trying to install mods for AoW3 and I don't how why I'm failing so hard.

I'm placing the proper files into UserContent and the Launcher does detect them and turns them into folders, but for some reason none of the changes appear in-game despite clearly being toggled in the Launcher.

I don't know how I'm fucking this up, but it seems I am.
>>
>>152936091
>one collective human culture
There can be like 100 people in contact with each other in any one sphere
Any bigger and we run into the problem of us vs them which will happen regardless of culture.
>>
>>152944812
>100 people
that shit starts to happen at 3 people
>>
>>152945108
Right but at three people, 'us vs. them' usually isn't super severe. The reason I say 100 is because that's basically the upper limit of our "yeah I know this guy pretty well" count. Technically it can be larger as long the society remains tribal in nature and everyone is at least well-acquainted.
>>
File: RqD0QZ3[1].png (461KB, 1899x220px) Image search: [Google]
RqD0QZ3[1].png
461KB, 1899x220px
Since this is the closest thing to /wgg/

Are you ready goyim?
>>
>>152946361
I don't know what the fuck is going on in Wargame.
>>
>>152946415
Same. I love the idea of playing army with Cold War tech, but actually playing the game just leaves me confused.
>>
>>152946361
>playing as the jews
>wow
>>
>>152946361
wait, they released new update or is it just another mosque mod?
>>
>>152946361
>adds the dutch
>Finland never ever

fugging frogs
>>
>>152946361
I wanted to try this but I heard its sp was shit, I'd also like /wgg/ to come back to talk about Grigsby's games
>>
I want Seven Kingdoms to have a sequel already.
Where the general's nature will affect his units' training. Where veterans will be cooler than fresh recruits. Where kwyzans aren't retarded. Where I can have an entire army of ninjas.
>>
>>152946843
it has practically no tutorial, i suggest messing around with friends or playing easy campaign to learn the basics

theres alot to simultaneously micromanage, think total war battles without pause

>>152948101
its a new update for shekels

they're gonna do finland and yugos after oyvey-land

>>152949316
SP is ok, the AI is braindead retarded and blatantly cheats
>>
>>152933084
When have devs said that maps will be bigger? And by how much?
It's obviously needed though, given the city sprawl.
>>
>>152795516
>first stellaris campaign, hyped as fuck
>"time for some human supremacy"
>having a lot of fun, my 3rd planet was a conquest against some underdeveloped aliens
>"haha it's time to purge them"
>...
>feel like a piece of shit
>no longer having fun

anyone else knows that feel? am i too weak?
>>
>>152951869
poor six million ayys
:_:
>>
>>152951869
There is no place for the weak-willed or hesitant. Only by firm action and resolute faith will mankind survive. No sacrifice is too great. No treachery too small.
>>
>>152951869
I never purge species wholesale.
The only time I do big purges is if they rebel, and even then I always leave one pop alive (although usually resettled as a slave to a tomb world mine) to bear witness.
It's so much more satisfying to remould them in your image with mind control lasers.
>>
>>152952057
>not sending them to a desert world that you name Kharak
>>
What's the best way to Genocide pops when my ethics doesn't allow purging?
>>
>>152952663
you don't have neither xenophobia or collectivism?

i am not that experienced with stellaris, but picking all the undesirable pops, placing them in an empty planet and destroying all food facilities should end up with them starving to death.
>>
>>152952842
Nope, Militarist and Fanatic Materialist. Wanted to play a race obsessed with cleansing planets to get to the materials unhindered. Turns out that's not possible.

I've tried starving them, but it's just making them unhappy.
>>
>>152952842
>>152953159
> should end up with them starving to death.
Yeah, you can't commit Holomodor in Stellaris. No food just annoys them, it doesn't kill them
>>
>>152953159
>Turns out that's not possible.
Yeah that's one of the things I've noticed about ethics in Stellaris, they're all bullshit and don't allow things that they obviously should allow.
>>
What is the best Space 4X game out now?
>>
>>152954865
Distant Worlds.
Stellaris may eventually get better, but it'll take a while and many expansions.
>>
>>152954937
I really wanted to like DW. But there is something about the UI that makes me hate it.
>>
>>152955021
You can probably mod the UI.

To be honest, as far as UIs go, Endless Space is objectively the best. Comfiest UI ever.
>>
>>152955091
It's been a long time since I played Endless Space, but I did play Legend, and it was one of the best UIs I've seen recently.
>>
>>152955147
Yeah, the UI in the Endless games is one of the best.
>>
File: 20160826144635_1.jpg (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160826144635_1.jpg
536KB, 1920x1080px
Hmm...
>>
>>152956901
3rd and 4th uniques mod has something like fish pond, which creates a source of fish in the sea. IIRC this was bugged, you could build it and sell it and build it again for infinite fish, might be fixed now. When I had my Polynesia game with that mod I had lots of cities like this because of that
>>
File: t-thanks.jpg (184KB, 969x770px) Image search: [Google]
t-thanks.jpg
184KB, 969x770px
Is the game biased to give babbylon a higher chance of a really terrible start because their science is good?
>>
Need help lads, can't get into any 4x games. Every time I fire one up I start thinking about VI and Sean Bean and the Dreamworks CGI silliness and my enthusiasm for the game at hand just flops. What should I do to tide me over until October?
>>
>>152958354
>All that jungle
That's incredibly good for science you pleb.
>>
>>152959296
Try to enjoy that science when it takes a for ever to build shit without production
>>
>>152951869
Never had problems with brutal purges and genocide
When someone is my enemy I have no trouble to go ham on them
However, I have always issues with fighting/betraying old friends
I had Wu as a voluntary vassal in Civ V CBP for years, but I needed her capital to win the domination victory I was gunning for
I couldn't betray her so I won diplomatically
>>
>>152959752
I'm sure she loves you for it.
>>
>>152813330
Atlantis
>>
>>152959289
>he doesn't like Stark
I'll fite you.
>>
>>152959289

if you can force yourself to get going into the first few turns you should be good, I understand how you feel.

In the meantime I'd just play EL or Civ 5 w/ NQ Mod
>>
>>152962197
No mate, I mean I'm so hyped other games don't cut it anymore.

>>152962313
True, mebbe a friendly mp binge will sort it out.
>>
>>152962486
Then try something different. Watch an anime, play something else.
>>
File: 1457391013479-1.png (825KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457391013479-1.png
825KB, 1280x720px
So do you guys play against AI a lot or do you set of games with friends? I want to play all the time but me mates and I only get together once a week to play for a night or two. What do I do if I want to play with nice people who just want to have fun and continue a game?
>>
Thinking of trying Endless Legends.

Anyone know if this contains all DLC? https://kickass.cd/endless-legend-shifters-proper-codex-tt14273581.html#main
>>
>Commonwealth on Stellaris
>just trying a few mechanics with console, get neat event popups and decide to explore them while testing
>Commonwealth had a sister ship, scan these 3 systems
>while scanning the first system I get a seperate event chain
>commonwealth before ftl send out probes, gotta collect those probes
>go to the second system in the first event chain
>find probe there from the second event chain
>research project, now the system is scanned
>now that system is scanned I can't finish the first event chain
>>
>>152962313
NQ mod?
>>
>>152964340

Large mod primarily targeted at improving balance issues in the game, developed by the 'NoQuitters' Civ 5 Multiplayer community (bunch of turboautists with tens of thousands of hours in the game that are really good at it)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1me025Vepd3qXN5QqQtqakPUuSfQmk8D5Jv15SZp9ly8/edit

It makes other policy trees and victories much more viable, as well as helping out weaker Civs while toning down ridiculous ones like Babylon.
>>
>>152964480
Better than Community Patch / Community Balance Patch etc.?
>>
>>152964652

imo, yes. but you may think differently so I don't know. I'm surprised you haven't seen it before, it's a pretty popular mod afik
>>
>>152964760
Eh, I haven't played Civ V in half a year or so, and haven't actively looked for mods for longer than that. Currently just waiting for Civ VI so I don't get burned out on Civ, although I am trying out EL for the first time.
>>
>>152964901

my advice for EL is to try out different factions. There are a lot of things EL did right, but I think the reason it died out wasn't just lack of complexity in terms of empire building, but the fact that every faction seems to more or less play out the same every game, even though different factions play out extremely different from each other.
>>
>>152965203
Well I heard that it's missing a lot of the subsystems that makes Civ V complex, so I'm keeping an open mind.
>>
>>152918960
Rolling
>>
File: wat2.png (817KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wat2.png
817KB, 1024x768px
>>152927415
>>
>>152965967
Wow, that's drastic.
>>
>>152964901
The tricky thing with Endless Legend is that unlike Civ5 where all factions are just variations and play more or less the same, they are really uniques in EL.
You have the cultists, who have only one town for the entire game, the necrophages, who can't do diplomacy at all, the Dust Lords, who have to buy their population, the Jew, who have moving cities, and the other faggots who have their own thing too.
>>
File: file.png (16KB, 539x141px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
16KB, 539x141px
>>152966225
Guess I'll find out.
>>
>>152966405
>>152966225
Any musthave mods?
>>
>>152966736
Not that I'd know. I think there's an expansion already out, and another coming soon.
>>
>roosevelt gets a makeover
>qin shi huang still looks like mr. potatohead

It ain't right I'll tell you hwhat.
>>
File: 1421199002664.png (202KB, 268x320px) Image search: [Google]
1421199002664.png
202KB, 268x320px
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/24/health/proxima-b-centauri-rocky-planet-habitable-zone-neighbor-star/index.html?sr=twCNN082416proxima-b-centauri-rocky-planet-habitable-zone-neighbor-star0609PMVODtopLink&linkId=28013243
>yfw
>>
File: 1441846646482.jpg (12KB, 424x426px) Image search: [Google]
1441846646482.jpg
12KB, 424x426px
>>152963876
>friends
>>
File: wat3.png (740KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wat3.png
740KB, 1024x768px
>>152966071
Damn, I guess you can't use that event to get Tomb World Preference super mutants.
>>
File: 1443453865778.jpg (457KB, 1280x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1443453865778.jpg
457KB, 1280x1117px
What use is discovering a fully habitable planet with probable alien life in an entirely different system if no one will even bother going to Mars?
>>
>>152967880
because mars is worthless. the only use for it is having maybe a crew of scientists on there. but the planet itself is worthless unless it undergoes complete and total recreation. people saying there will be colonies and cities on mars, how it is right now, are fooling themselves. same with the moon or really any other planet in the solar system.
>>
>>152968227
does mars need a little fun and relaxation?
>>
>>152968227
Mars is relevant as a stepping stone, and building a base there might have it's uses or simply just having it there so you can say you have it. Moon has helium3.
>>
>>152966956
What faction should I start with? Just did the tutorial.
>>
>>152968227
>worthless
Mars will be mined hollow by 2500.
>>
>>152969007
No idea.
Maybe Necrophage, it means no diplomacay, so it's pretty straightforward.
>>
>>152969078
So you're saying
Hollow Mars Theory
>>
>>152968227
Long term habitation is possible under the surface, and venus and titan are even habitable if you have the right structures and materials.
>>
>>152969212
Are the Allayi complex?
>>
>>152969417
No clue who these are.
>>
>>152969314
>implying it's not already
>>
>It's a "civ pesters you to renew a deal for one unit of iron for 40 turns in a row" episode
>several civs do this
God damn it. This is unnecessarily slowing down the game. I wish there was an option to tell them to permanently fuck off with that particular deal.
>>
>>152970002
This is not exclusive to Civilizations.

Seven Kingdoms 2 has every kingdom spamming you with trade request if you happen to get ressources.
>>
>>152969417

I've played a lot of Allayi (mostly Impossible difficulty)

I'd say they're definitely one of the most unique and hard to play factions, the most simple and straight forward being Wild Walkers and Dosh Lords.

Your expansion disapproval and growth rate debuff are very difficult to maneuver around.

You'll see their recommended victory is Quest, but trust me when I say Wonder Victory will always be a far easier choice when you've completed the main faction quest. You need to amass as many pearls as possible so you can shit out Garths like crazy because you're going to have probably in most cases 3-4 cities, so you need to make these cities have high output by taking advantage of the fact you can build 1 bourough per population (instead of 1 per 2 like other factions).

You start out with Sailing, so early on I recommend splitting up your Hero/Seekers/Skyfin, and simply going and searching every last ruin you can find on the planet for the first Era. Being able to seafare and having high movement will allow you to safely bring back your units when its time. Use all the gold/pearls you get from this to buyout your founder's memorial ASAP. Your overall goal in the game is to finish your quest as soon as humanly possible so you can shit out a Wonder Victory in a capital with insane industry. The first 2 Wonders (Science/Dust/Approval, and then the Industry Megapole) can be really crucial to obtain - and your ability to rapidly sweep up so many of the temple ruins on the map will (hopefully) enable you to build these before anyone else has the opportunity by getting the necessary resources from temple ruins.

I would say Allayi are the only faction in the game that Search Party is worth getting (rush it first)

Basically you wanna use all the resources and information you get from your highly mobile units to get a very strong 1st Era start and quickly get out your other 2/3 settlers before Era 2 arrives. I'll cont. in other post
>>
File: 20160826183331_1.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160826183331_1.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
>Are you here to admit defeat?
Fucking lol.
I've taken two of his cities, liberated a captured city state, have his capital surrounded and weakened (though I have no intention of capturing it), and his military is basically non-existent at this point.
This guy must be fucking suicidal. I had him out-teched by almost two eras and my military dwarfed his when he declared war out of nowhere. What the fuck was he thinking?
>>
>>152970167

So it's crucial that before you start settling your other cities that you finish your quest to gain Fervent (90+% iirc) approval in your empire. Because of the crazy disapproval you get from expansion, this will take literally forever to perform once you start expanding, so either use luxuries that you obtained from ruins/quests if you're fortunate, or be ready to pick up Sewers earlier than most factions so your capital can get a quick Fervent Approval. Your quests are huge for you, so make sure you always put priority on getting them finished ASAP. You can live without the First Wonder, but Industrial Megapole can be outright critical to obtain, so make sure you do everything you can to get it. Once you're all settled, besides the general activities of building up your cities you're going to want to make sure you have a decent military going for defense, and beyond that make sure you gather every pearl humanly possible you can every single winter because you will need every single one to keep putting out Garths which are crucial for you to be able to keep up with Wide Factions in FIDS, not to mention one of your later quests will require you to build a Ward of Auriga and Tower of Truth in every city (this is another reason you don't want to expand a lot, as combined this means 40 Pearls Per City just for these).

tl;dr Search Ruins, Build Tall, Aquire Pearls, Finish Quests, Build Wonder.
>>
File: Spurdo_YOLO.png (35KB, 1316x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo_YOLO.png
35KB, 1316x1152px
>>152970402
>What the fuck was he thinking?
All Civ5 AIs act the same.
>>
File: math.png (222KB, 506x602px) Image search: [Google]
math.png
222KB, 506x602px
>>
Let's dream a bit.

Seven Kingdoms 3 comes out.
What are the new features?
>>
>>152972414
War machines require pops to use.
Ships are moving platforms that unit stand on so you can have ships board eachother and fight.
>>
File: 1434022457275.jpg (7KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1434022457275.jpg
7KB, 250x242px
>>152967165
>Because of its location, the researchers hope it provides an opportunity for possible "robotic exploration in the coming centuries.
>the coming centuries
>>
>>152972414
Having special units as generals gives the units under their commands various quirks, like a better range, an improved speed, more armour, or a latent gold generation.
More diplomacy options.
More spy dickery.
More balanced pantheons (currently, Egyptians are OP).
>>
>>152973738
It's a career-ending move to suggest manned space exploration beyond 'circle the moon again someday maybe if the chinamen decide to do it'.

NeoCon economics have truly ruined the American spirit.
>>
https://www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/blog/464-announcing-endless-legend-tempest-closed-beta-contest

Thoughts?

Sounds like a pretty cool expansion.
>>
>>152974757
>closed-beta
Oh. So Pewdieshit and all the other faggots on youtube will be allowed to spoil the shit out of it while we buyers will have to wait.
>>
>>152974916

But it's an actual closed beta. As in literally just 20 people who have tested their games before let in.
>>
File: 20160511194448_1.jpg (350KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160511194448_1.jpg
350KB, 1920x1080px
>>152968227
Eh, I dunno.
It's true that if you can get to Mars you can get to space easier, and it's probably easier to engineer a space habitat than a Mars habitat.
But if you go to Mars you've got all your metal and shit right there, whereas if you're just bobbing around in space you got literally nothing to build with.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 430x574px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 430x574px
>still no Kurd civ

I fucking googled to see if one was available off steam, turns out some autists planned one in 2013 and never got around to it

http://civilization-v-customisation.wikia.com/wiki/Kurdistan_(Barzanji)

someone wanna do this for shits and giggles? I want to biji wiji and remove kebab
>>
File: nVuidNf.jpg (142KB, 1094x1094px) Image search: [Google]
nVuidNf.jpg
142KB, 1094x1094px
>>152975042
>>
>>152975216

>implying cancerous youtubers don't have better things to stream the 2nd deadest genre on earth

well, at least we don't play RTS games!
>>
>>152975570
Talk for yourself.
>>
>>152968227
Mars is motly interesting from a scientific point of view, and to gain experience with long-endurance missions.

If you want a stepping stone, the moon is teh far better option.

Also the moon offer Helium-3, which may become interesting in the foreseeable future as a fuel source.

The really intererting part is asteroid mining, and using solar power on a large scale. If this takes off, we're looking at practically unlimited raw materials and power.
>>
>>152975740
>Also the moon offer Helium-3
Yeah, I too watched Moon.
>>
>>152968227
>planet with atmosphere
>stepping stone
Please put those chromosomes back where you found them.
>>
File: 20160826185159_1.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160826185159_1.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
help
>>
>>152975853
>not knowing about that long before duncans first meme film
>>
File: crow.jpg (136KB, 942x440px) Image search: [Google]
crow.jpg
136KB, 942x440px
>>152976045
>>152975853
>>152975740
>fuel source
>for a power source that doesn't exist
>inb4 HURR DURR DARPA THE MILITARY ARE WORKING ON IT
THE MOON HAS ICE YOU DENSE RETARDS. And low gravity allows some cool shit for industries. And
>solars
>asteroid belt
They will be meh there
>>
File: 20160826201940_1.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160826201940_1.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
>the game doesn't support wealth transfers over 4 digits per transaction
God damn it.
>>
>>152978401
>oh-kay
>>
>>152976262
I specifically said
>may
Even if fusion doesn't work anytime soon, the moon has ice, and allows us to make rocket fuel in a place that is not the bottom of a fuckhuge gravity well.
And to top it off, the places where you have water are close to places that get sunlight all day, every day.

Solar power stations obviously do not get placed in the asteroid belt. Earth orbit works just fine for them.
>>
File: 20160826205229_1.jpg (322KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160826205229_1.jpg
322KB, 1920x1080px
>captured or liberated all his cities except the capital
>capital is surrounded and at 0HP
>he has few if any units left
>still can't force him to capitulate
A bit disappointed tee bee haitch.
Thread posts: 581
Thread images: 154

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.