[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 579
Thread images: 90

File: braben_explaining_his_vision.jpg (25KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
braben_explaining_his_vision.jpg
25KB, 1000x562px
>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
http://eddb.io/trade/loops
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, land on certain planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
http://inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
http://inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
http://www.edshipyard.com/
http://coriolis.io/

important stuff from the previous thread:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Don't you dare buy a Cobra, we'll know.
>praise the vision

PREVIOUS THREAD
>>146992739
>>
1st for VISION
>>
Serious question /edg/
Let's put the VISION aside for a minute and take the game as it is right now.

What do you like and dislike in the game as it is right now ?

And more important :
What do you expect from this game ? Even if it won't happen, what kind of features would you like to see in this game ? It can be new ships, better AI, new elements of gameplay, literally anything.
>>
>>147337476
10 year plan sounds all good and dandy, I'm sure that have a lot of cool stuff planned, but I want to have a good game right now.

What I want but it wont happen is better engine. The one that has all players in the same instance always, all NPCs live their live until killed, then new spawn, and system live their live even without players to see it. Sure you might think that people on will brake servers on purpose by gathering in one location. For that case sure make it so that if 50 players or something enter same instance second one is created for new 50. It's killing me that you might be lucky enough to happen to be in the same system as other player but he is put in other instance.

As for something that might happen but still probably wont. I want the game to be Open only or heavily separated open and solo by making people have different characters on both. And scrap groups forever, it's a fricking circlejerk mode.
>>
>>147337476

I like:
>Flying around. The flight mechanics are WWII in space but I enjoy it. Combat feels satisfying and challenging.
>It sounds fucking amazing. Both SFX and music are pretty great.
>The 'mystique'. Ftroop, despite its ineptitude does seem to have some VISION and they won't tell us everything about the space they have an idea what they WANT to do lore wise.
>The visuals and graphics are quite stunning.

I dislike:
>The fucking bugs (on the flipside though, they allow me to easily exploit the achievements)
>The amount of LEGIT grinding towards anything meaningful and exploiting being necessary.
>The lack of any real effect on the galaxy.

I expect ftroop to fix the pretty noticeable bugs and issues. I want less RNGineers.
Walking around ships would be cool, but pretty pointless from my point of view, I just want to fly. Multicrew sounds like a fucking nightmare and would be so hard to pull off decently. I couldn't expect my friends to satisfy with taking the turret position for example.
More role specific SRVs.
>>
>>147337476

>>147338627
cont.
I want player to player interaction to have more variety. Right now there is no reason NOT to avoid another player because chances are they want you dead.

Separate Open and Solo. Prevent Solo from taking part in CGs, enhancing the meaning of >C O M M U N I T Y instead of autistic shutins.

Also Solo having an offline mode would be grand, too bad they scrapped that early on. But since the background simulation just doesn't exist. Everything special is handcrafted and commodity prices just hover around a certain spectrum, no proper variance.

Increase the instance size and make the netcode suck less shit. They have improved the instancing, at least for me. I find more people in Open now than what I used to but it is still a bit woeful. Also lag issues.

The factions could make a bit more sense and the effects of star system statuses should be more noticeable. I saw a fucking wedding barge fly around a CZ in supercruise. Seems probable. Powerplay has always been a mess. It was nice to give faces to the factions and events but still a let down. However scrap the whole thing, I don't care.

More than one pilot profile.
>>
>>147339342
I tend to agree with you. They fucked up what could be the best part of the game : the community and playing online with people.
You got a ship and you can't do anything with people :
trading / selling : nope
fighting for fun (like CQC, but with your own ship, customized) : nope
races : nope

Those things are stupid, but in the end, that's what makes you play with people and enjoy the game even more.
I feel that you should be able to create an alliance / guild, those would have a small impact on the galaxy like claiming a space station and getting money from it, managing the price, fixing some quests people would be able to do, declare war with another guild, etc.
>>
Daddyyyyy we died again~~~
>>
>>147338427
>As for something that might happen but still probably wont. I want the game to be Open only or heavily separated open and solo by making people have different characters on both. And scrap groups forever, it's a fricking circlejerk mode.
This, except I believe solo must be dropped completely even with separated characters. This game is meant to be played online and pussies who can't stand that should play SC.
>>
So what does everyone think the new power play faction is going to be like are they going to offer a Special module like the others, are they going to be part of a faction or independent, what will their expansion and system control be like, and what will their boosts be?
>>
>>147338627
>the lack of any real effect on the galaxy

This is the main thing right here, the source of the ever present "mile wide inch deep" assessment. The game world is huge and beautiful, there's tons of different things to do, the problem is that none of it feels like it's actually DOING anything. The player's ability to interact meaningfully with the game world is limited to making minor faction bars go up and down by a little bit, which is neither satisfying nor especially noticeable.

Personally, I think proper MMO features, like some sort of in-game player group mechanics, as well as some degree of sandbox features, like the ability to build/own stations, would really help alleviate this issue.
>>
File: 37854573.jpg (100KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
37854573.jpg
100KB, 400x400px
The only thing stemming from forced open are trolls and griefers ruining CGs, sweet ez grind spots or any other player gatherings, endless queues on outposts (see Ubisoft about how fun is that) and serious lack of targets for bounty hunting.

Safe journeys, comandantes o2

On the serious side: it would for people to think for themselves, learn patterns of what is good and find their own Sothises and Robigos.
>>
I just started playing this game, is there any reason to play with other people? Can you group together and complete tough missions and stuff? I like this game better than Eve because I can actually, you know, pilot my ship, but it feels worse in the big scheme of things because it takes longer to get money and longer to upgrade your ship. I'm still in the sidewinder.
>>
>>147342480
Yeah, there are no official group missions in the game, but if your group visits the station together, you'll all see the same missions on the mission board, and can work together to complete them. Especially harder ones, like assassinations, are good for this.
>>
>>147342480
>is there any reason to play with other people
no
>Can you group together
yes
>complete tough missions and stuff?
not really
>it takes longer to get money and longer to upgrade your ship. I'm still in the sidewinder.
I don't think that's a real downside. The realy problem is the number of things to do in order to get the money, which is limited
>>
>>147342398
>Confirmed for sperglord who sucks at combat.
People like you are the reason we keep getting carebear updates to make sure NPCs stay braindead.
>>
>>147342656

Can you trade with other players?
>>
ITT: dads.
>>
>>147342656

Same noob here

I'm having trouble with missions that say "ok X guy is gonna be in this system at this time, go get him and make sure you bring an FSD. Search unidentified signal sources for him". Do I need to come out of supercruise in order to search those signal sources or no? Do I just look on my contacts screen and wait till his name pops up and then lock on and try to FSD him?
>>
>>147343197

Sorry when I said FSD I meant an interdictor
>>
>>147343197

Drop in.
>>
>>147342802
Sort of. You have to physically eject the cargo and the other person then has to either manually scoop it, or use a collection limpet to scoop it for them. There's also a limit, you can't eject more than 100 tones in open space, or 20 tons near a station, before your cargo just starts exploding.

>>147343197
There are a couple ways to do this. The target appears in a specific signal source, not just a random one, so you either need to use a discovery scanner to locate the right one, or you can just drop in on the nav beacon in the system and scan it. You should now have a "Mission Objective" signal source in the system.

You bring an FSD interdictor with you because your target might try to run before you can kill it. If it "low wakes," it jumped back into supercruise, and you can follow it and use your interdictor to pull it back out of supercruise so you can finish it. If it "high wakes," it jumped to another system, and you need to scan the high wake with a frame shift wake scanner to figure out where it went. Then you jump to that system and use your interdictor to pull it out of supercruise and finish the job.
>>
>>147344486

Thanks for the help, I was getting confused on how to find the target.
>>
>>147344972
Yeah the game doesn't really tell you anything outside the basics of flying, docking, and jumping. This is very much a "read the manual" game, or watch a bunch of youtube tutorials or whatever.
>>
>>147342785
I fucked up "serious side" bit of the post. I meant that forced open would force (not "for") people to start thinking.

I was sperglording ironically and I'm sorry.
>>
this cycle has come to an end

it is time for us to return to our slumber

we shall sleep till the forums became tasty again

braben protects
>>
>>147348061

NOOOOOOOOOH
>>
File: yes.jpg (85KB, 640x456px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
85KB, 640x456px
>>147348287
you know it is true brotha
>>
File: Orion2010_andreo2000.jpg (1MB, 2000x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Orion2010_andreo2000.jpg
1MB, 2000x1085px
>>147348061
Might be time for Dead space general to make its appearance.
>>
R.I.P in peace
>>
File: pp sniping.gif (2MB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
pp sniping.gif
2MB, 250x191px
>>147340817
>This game is meant to be played online and pussies who can't stand that should play SC.
Whoa whoa whoa hold up I've been out of the loop for a while. I remember everyone thinking E:D was for carebear casuals and SC was supposed to be the go-to game for PvP and ganking. Did something happen? Is that why I haven't seen a SC general in a while?
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (186KB, 950x713px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.jpg
186KB, 950x713px
>laptop overheating like a motherfucker in this summer heat
>instinctively press the heatsink keybind for ED
>>
>>147343197

Same noob again

I just got enough money to get a 1B FSD and holy shit I can jump 10 lightyears like a motherfucker. a trip that took me like 16 jumps before is now like one jump. Now I'm raking in the dough.
>>
>>147359523
B rank shit is twice as heavy as A and C rank

while a B rank FSD is probably worth it if you're beginning, you'll learn to disregard everything B rank. unless you're trading/exploring, A rank everything except sensors and life support which should be D rank because D rank shit is lighter

weight wise it goes B>E>A/C>D
raw performance wise it does A>B>C>D>E as one would expect

which means that for exploration and trading, you want to A rank your FSD and D rank everything else
>>
>>147360318

That explains why the A is so much more expensive than the B. The B is working for now. I'll buy an A when I buy a better ship. Because it's like all the money I have at the moment to buy an A.

Can you do everything in this game or do you have to pick trader only, combat only, etc?
>>
>>147361691
depends on the ship you have

a multipurpose fitted for combat makes a decent fighter but a shit trader. Fit it for trading and you have a trader that can defend itself. Trading ships suck at everything, even trading. Forget about those. Fighters are fun but have shit jump range and internals
>>
>>147361691
You can sell and buy modules with 0 loss. Go ahead and buy that A grade if you can then sell it later.
Only ships themselves sell at a loss. 10% I think, not sure tho
>>
>>147337476
>>147339342

>More than one pilot profile.

This. Holy shit all I want is this. I would actually play this game again if I could switch between an explorer commander and a regular commander in the bubble, and hell, one more commander just to start the game over in a Sidey.

This is the only fucking game I can think of where you have to buy the game again just to have a separate character slot.
>>
>>147361691
>Can you do everything in this game or do you have to pick trader only, combat only, etc?
You can do whatever you want whenever you want if you have the space bux and time.
To do something effectively you'll need to pick the right ships and modules for them though. You're not going to do well trading in a sidey or a vulture, nor killing nigs in a type 6 or a hauler
>>
>>147360318
But interestingly enough it seems to state that B integrity is better than A. I.e. if you lost shields B thrusters won't get fucked as quick as A?
>>
>>147337476
Like:
- spees, and how good a job they do of simulating the vastness of the galaxy
- GFX/SFX, this game is fucking tight
- docking, most space games have some insta-dock bullshit
- seamless planets, sure it's only the shitty ones right now, but I can see atmospheres being fucking fun to explore
- BGS, the universe could have been fucking static like any other MMORPG
- flying + combat, literally no other game delivers the same experience in my opinion

Dislike:
- no tutorials or guidance, how much shit have I learned from other players?
- skins are fucking cash shop items, literally no one should buy them and lets all fly the same fucking ship with the same fucking paintjob to show FTroop how fucking retarded this is
- exploration is fucking useless with no stellar/astronomical anomalies, pulsars, comets, contact binaries when?
- planet variety seems fucking low as balls
- asteroid "belts" with 3 fucking asteroids
- no dwarf planets
- no station-building
- no guilds/factions
- nothing for players to fucking do matters, literally just farm to Triple Elite and quit because the game is fucking pointless beyond that
>>
>decide to do a few runs for CG
>station is 525k LS away from star
>>
>>147363906
yup
B rank works well for hulltank builds
B rank FAS is a monster battering ram
>>
The constant reliance people have on customer support for this game is absurd. But what is even worse is the constant babysitting customer service actually employs for the players of this game. Risk? No problem, especially when you can just beg customer support to get your lost shit back.
>>
>>147366243
Plebs gonna pleb ĀÆ\(Ā°_o)/ĀÆ
>>
Is Universe Sandbox good if I like universes and sandboxes? It has excellent reviews but I can't tell if they're meming on me or not.
>>
>>147367642

Played with it for a few hours, it was pretty cool. You'll get more mileage out of it if you know more about physics/astronomy/spess.
>>
Spessmen? Spessdaddy?
>>
Quick question. Are they aware of all the critisism and what the players like / dislike / wants for the game ? I mean, the last update gave us engineers and I'm just wondering why on earth would they release something like that. I find there's a lot of things more important like said ITT.
>>
>>147370467
Are they aware? Probably. Do they care? No. They're sticking to their vision. Powerplay wouldn't be a shithole if they cared.
>>
How much do individual torpedoes cost to rearm again?
>>
>>147370795
15k/dad
>>
>>147370986
I'm guessing they're not worth it then?
>>
>>147371150
for npcs? nah

their only real use is in pvp now, where you can put that shieldbreaker special on them and gank corvettes in a viper
>>
>>147370467
oh they know, the forums have been full of the same handful of criticisms since beta

I thought, at first, that they just didn't care enough to deviate from THE VISION, but as they have released one lump of crap after the next, it's become increasingly clear that they aren't competent, combined with the fact that they have no understanding of modern game design
>>
>>147370606
>>147371823
seriously ? but they can't be that stupid with their fucking VISION. This game have a fucking huge potential. It is a great basis for an awesome game.
And they are just wasting their chance of being relevant.
I'll check their forums. Even blizzard seems less stubborn
>>
>>147372542
>I'll check their forums.

Don't. You will be lost. Lost in a veritable forest of dads, furries, RP-ing and unironic autism.
>>
>>147372542
It doesn't help that the forum dads will make every effort possible to keep this game from becoming great

seriously, head to the forums and try to suggest that they add some depth to the gameplay, or maybe some real MMO elements

you'll be shot down by a bunch of dads insinuating that you're an entitled millenial and saying the same handful of mantras like "ELITE ISN'T EVE"

Frontier actually thinks that players WANT shallow, unengaging gameplay, because they have a legion of old British men who will do whatever amount of mental gymnastics is required to defend the game in its current state and shoot down any ideas that suggest it be modernized in any way

thanks to the dads, Frontier actually thinks they have a fun, quality product that will stand the test of time
>>
>>147337476
I like a lot of things.
What I want to player trading and the ability to build space stations to "own" a part of space.
Also we can raid player stations.
>>
>>147373218
Yeah, Frontier has done a lot to bring in that Brexit crowd.
>>
File: 1446165785781.gif (269KB, 234x249px) Image search: [Google]
1446165785781.gif
269KB, 234x249px
>>147372860
Not him but
>Checking the forums
>UK fags get depressed after losing their ships due to absurd insurance costs
>Actually making a big deal about it and asking for change
>tfw the only way to improve the game is to cause mass depression on the UK population.
>>
>>147372542

>This game have a fucking huge potential

Devs only have experience with mobile games, roller coaster tycoons, mediocre WiiU games, and Kinectimals. Regardless of what potential this game has, it was doomed from the start.

The devs have a 10 year plan for the game, where in 10 years it will be fully fleshed out and be the best space game in the market.

Every major update so far has been a blunder. Wings should have been in the base game, and trying to wing up with instancing is a nightmare. Powerplay is a fucking joke, they have abandoned it and it has sat dead in the water for months and it is currently broken, with a bug that has rendered it useless that has been in place for over a month and with no mention of a fix or patch by FD. Engineers is a glorified upgrade shop that instead of providing creative ship mods, only provides bland stat upgrades after you grind mats until your brain melts for a ship that is unstoppable, I have no idea how they plan to balance shit like thermal shock weapons. Horizons is the only one that is decent, and all it does is allow you to land on barren, empty planets and fight buggy skimmers while you drive around in a rover that is horrible to control.

And this is all without mentioning other features that the game simply lacks for no reason other than the devs have no time or competence to account for them. Only one save/character slot. No player trading. No offline mode. No mission sharing. Bounties are divided between wings, which discourages winging up to begin with. No system/faction/group chat. Every system is the same except with different flavor text. I could go on but you get the idea.

I highly doubt this game will make it to the "10 year" goal that they plan for it. I will be surprised if they make it to 5 years.
>>
>>147372542
Yeah, seriously. Just think of it this way. A consistent complaint is the existence of a severe grind and lack of things to do. So what do they do with engineers? They make another grind that lacks things to do.
>>
>>147372542
>>147372860
>>147373218
>go to the forums
>some random guy points out obvious missings features to make it enjoyable

>b-but you're missing the point!
>b-but it's not a an online game !
>i-it's a solo game trucking whatever the fuck I don't know what I'm talking about
>the game is fine !

pfiew. With people defending the state of the game right now and not wanting it to evolve, I'm not sure this game will go somewhere. Whatever the number of years they'll keep going the development.
>>
>>147373760
>, with a bug that has rendered it useless that has been in place for over a month and with no mention of a fix or patch by FD
what is the bug ?
>>
>>147373793
>They make another grind that lacks things to do.
What is quite unbelievable, is that in the end, the engineer isn't that bad. It means more customization etc. but the farming is just too fucking important. It takes too much time, even for some hardcore player. It's just too boring to farm so much. What the hell are they thinking ?
I could read people that actually spend time to get those upgrades, but what for ? There's not fucking points in the end. You can't even use it to meet up with people and fight together. I don't believe you really need to optimize your ship that much to beat a fucking AI.
>>
>>147373796
The funny part is euro/american truck simulator gets right what elite doesnt.
>>
>>147373915
NEETbux farm
I hope they never fix it
>>
>>147373915

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/271203-Powerplay-Expansion-Bug-a-month-of-silence

Combat powers - like Hudson, ALD, and D E L A I N E - are unable to stop their expansions. This sounds like it's good, but they are essentially cannibalizing themselves by eating up a bunch of shit systems that will soon send them into a CC deficit and cause all of them to spiral out of control and self destruct. Opposing powers can do fuck all to stop the expansion either, defender opposition is bugged and just doesn't happen. All the people grinding the AI bug in combat zones are slowly inching Powerplay into total meltdown.
>>
>>147373915

I'd like to know as well. I keep hearing about how PP is fucked but I can't find anything about it. I know AI buffs made undermining stupid but thats about it
>>
>>147374387
>>147374478

Ah, thanks
>>
>>147372542
On the outside, it might look like it had potential.

The primary thing wrong with the game is its very foundation, that it runs p2p. This is the worst way to do anything outside of file sharing. It certainly doesn't help that their network code is hilariously incompetent, something they've done nothing to try and fix. Hey, did you know you can crash other players clients by changing a setting on your router or firewall? Did you know that you can force lag to make your ship invulnerable by denying their damage packets from being sent out of YOUR instance and that this can even be done accidentally? All kinds of cheaty shit can be done because of lag or p2p blocking and it doesn't count as cheating and Frontier has no way of knowing. Of course if you want to cheat on purpose, fucking cheat engine works because everything is stored local and again, Frontier have no way of telling unless someone catches you bragging on a stream of some dad catch you in a youtube video.

The whole foundation of the game is ruined. It was ruined before the game was even released.
>>
> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/235435-Elite-Dangerous-The-Faux-MMO
Holy shit why did I checked the forums. That's some high level of cringe we got there.
>>
>>147374235
>It means more customization etc

To me the implementation isn't significant in the right ways. Turning your multicannon bullets into heat slugs (for example) is pretty cool, but that is the extent of engineers right now. I feel sorry for the people that paid 60 dollars to slightly alter your weapons.

>>147374314
Truck simulator has the advantage of not having a magical FTL drive that puts you into an alternate dimension that only allows you to see planets and stars.

I've mentioned it before, but disregarding the negatives, one thing that X Rebirth did pretty damn well was the highway system. When I tried out the game, it felt like I was still in space, rather than a magical out of reality dimension that has no interaction with anything else.
>>
>>147374387
Why did they make that thread? The fools!
>>
>>147374387

Damn, and isn't Delaine at risk of being removed from PP once the dangerous games complete?
>>
>>147374801
>arcade/nostalgia/simulator/RPG and space-trucking game
im done
>>
>>147374801
Go through and forum report every single dadpost for insulting the OP or whoever.
>>
File: Capture.png (320KB, 1199x617px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
320KB, 1199x617px
>>147374801
>>147375061
>that post
>>
>>147375454
>Every time trading is brought up gold farmers are strawmanned

Jesus christ.
>>
>>147375578
You can't even do such thing with the way the game is structured. No alts + slow as shit credit grind makes most GF ragequit.
>>
>>147375454

That's retarded. The game needs some fucking tools so I don't have to alt tab to anything. This game relies so much on the player base to fill in the gaps.

>Factions
>Blueprints, wtf is that pin one blueprint bullshit?
>Organizing events
>Finding what station has X module or where you can acquire X resource

You would have to be a masochist to play the game without utilizing any external resource.

On top of the grind in the game, all this serves to do is agitate anyone that plays.

Can't wait to see how they manage to fuck up multicrew ships
>>
Man space rangers 1/2 is still the best space game
Space rangers 3 when?
>>
>>147375578
Not even the chinese would touch this game because its not an mmo
>>
File: 1465093090559.jpg (98KB, 430x350px) Image search: [Google]
1465093090559.jpg
98KB, 430x350px
So i checked the forums and, goddamn it's not only the Dads but literal autists and furries that don't want the game to become better. The slightest implementation of a Clan system wouldn't hurt their fucking solo sessions but no "HURR THE GAME DOESN'T NEED IT", "GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME" "THE GAME IS FINISHED YOU GET WHAT YOU BOUGHT HURR".

Literal cancer.
>>
>>147376567
>You would have to be a masochist to play the game without utilizing any external resource.
Or better option, what most players might be doing : not care about all that and use whatever it comes to you. When I play a game it's to have fun. After buying it and playing the tutorial, I started and found out all those downside. I checked if they were going to improve the ease of use, add built in tools, etc. but nope. And now with this threads I just loose all the hope I had to see this game improve.

I'm kinda sad. It's the first time flying a spaceship was that cool, and fights were amazing. There's no better alternative sadly...
>>
>>147378752

They are fucking retarded

>Company designs aspects of game around organization
>Doesn't include the ability to organize
>>
>>147378857

They certainly got the ship mechanics down perfectly. Its hard to thing of a better alternative,
But then its like they fired that guys that thought it up because they were making too much sense and they couldn't have that.
>>
>>147379175

think* and the*
>>
>>147378752
>>147378965
Even if they weren't going to add guild/clan support, which, let's face it, with P2P and the existence of solo/mobius, wouldn't have worked too well in the first place, they could've at least halfway accomplished this via Powerplay. If they had included some way for the players to organize and communicate in-game, as well as some way to earn merits through PvP, it would have been a halfway functional system to at least simulate the idea of guilds/clans without breaking the dad's immershun.
>>
>they actually made an online game based on P2P
I'm done with this shit. That's not the kind of stuff they'll be able to modify.

Even some shitty indie games provide some servers.
>>
so if I liked the vulture and viper, what other ships would I enjoy?

Pythons a bit meh. the courier was fun but it lacked something firepower. I do love the FDL but its turning and off center cockpit bugs the shit out of me to this day and I havent played since before cqc dropped.
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/270315-Old-Account-New-Player-The-feedback-I-read-more-then-apparently-the-developers-have-had-time-to-read

>In answer to your question grinding is a mindset so lets ask why you are playing.
>Presumably you are talking about the large number of credits required to get the best ship and the large number of materials etc to get the best engineering modifications assuming multiple rolls to beat the RNG.

>I'd ask why. Why do you need the best engineering mods, why do you need the biggest most expensive ship?
>Everything in game can be done quite well in a Cobra III. An Asp/Clipper will do pretty much everything you'll ever want to do.

Can those people think when they post ?
>I don't grind. I play.
>I do different things everyday so there is no grind for me.

>if you don't like grinding don't grind and do something else

there's nothing else to do in the game. How can they not realize that ?
>PP was just grinding, going from the station A on system Y to station B on system Z
>missions are going to from the station A on system Y to station B on system Z
>exploration is boring as fuck going from system A to B to C etc. and coming back. And nothing useful / funny comes from this shit.

All there is to do is GRINDING.
>>
>>147381206
Try FAS. It's like a beefier Vulture.
>>
How 2 space jew?
I mean bounty hunting is fun and all but i feel like i want to upgrade from my viper.
>>
>>147381498
thank you.

Any suggested loadouts or just go crazy trying a bunch?
>>
>>147381581
sothis/ceos grind
>>
>>147381682
Not him but how do i do this on a Cobra, i want to get myself an ASP explora and gtfo the bubble.
>>
>>147381680
I liked 3 fixed pulse lasers on the bottom and 1 gimballed beam on top for long RES/CZ grinding sessions

another popular one is two medium beams and 2 large multicannons

just screw around with it a bunch, it's insanely fast and agile for how powerful its weapons are, lots of setups work well
>>
>>147381749
>fly to sothis
>do data delivery missions from sothis to ceos and back again
>repeat this until you're at least friendly with all the minor factions in sothis
>stack up as many of the long ranged delivery missions as you can
>if there are no good missions available, refresh the mission board by switching from open>private group>solo over and over until you get good ones
>repeat this until you have billions of credits or FDev adds something to do
>>
>>147382970
ftroop adding something to do? Come on now its (current year).....and beyond
>>
ded
>>
>>147385697
just like star citizen amirite
>>
In a drunken haze I reinstall X3 Terran Conflict
>>
is there anything that would qualify as an alternative to elite?

>modernish
>you fly a spaceship
>MMO

or is this shitty half-a-game the only option?
>>
>>147387601
Not really. FDev got lucky in the sense that they "released" their game while everyone kept on developing theirs. Alternatives are in the next couple years.
>>
>>147387863
Which games?

For all i know there is NMS although it's not MMO and SC, you made it sound like there are more decent space sims coming out.
>>
File: shiiiit.gif (927KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
shiiiit.gif
927KB, 301x300px
MFW flying a conda with only multicannons and beam lasers.
>>
>>147388269
No Man's Sky
Star Citizen
Pulsar Lost Colony
Wings of Saint Nazaire
Dual Universe

But you are correct, not MMO save for Pulsar's multiplayer. You take what you can get with this genre.
>>
>>147388825
>>147388269
Oh apparently Dual Universe is going to be an MMORPG
>>
>>147388614
should have went all beams for the disco ball effect
>>
File: E X P L O R A T I O N.jpg (665KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
E X P L O R A T I O N.jpg
665KB, 1000x1000px
Is there anything worth doing in this game other than exploring?
>>
>>147390069
Terrorism.

Seriously why aren't we UA bombing some shit right now.
>>
edg fagdion wen?
>>
>>147388825
>>147388934
DU looks good but it seems like it's limited to one star system. Pulsar seems like a fun SC Lite so i may be checking it out too.

I don't personally like action-oriented games like wings though.

At this rate we should be founding Space Engine to make it come out and make our own space sim desu.
>>
>>147390028
Some messing around on ED shipyard indicates my Conda could go all beams but I would only have 2.8 seconds before my capacitor runs dry with 4 pips to wep.
>>
>>147390948
all you need bruh
>>
>>147390948
2.8 seconds of awesome? The only thing better would be explosions.

This is Mr. Torgue and I told you to explode things now!
>>
>>147391363
>>147391782
ah fuck it I'll refit my conda and post results
>>
File: 1336755328983.gif (1010KB, 233x226px) Image search: [Google]
1336755328983.gif
1010KB, 233x226px
>farm 2 mil in bounties
>1 more kill before going to cash in
>cops fly infront of laser
>wanted
>>
Used to play Elite Frontier on my Amiga back in the days. Im a furnituremaker. I have Asperger Syndrom. But very diversed in fields outside that. Composed musik, writer, lecturer, artist and thinker of many thing, inventer and so on. But I try to stay out of anyones attention.
>>
File: 1458532463171.jpg (33KB, 314x353px) Image search: [Google]
1458532463171.jpg
33KB, 314x353px
>>147395279
k
>>
>>147396126

If you have a solo game the computer does a lot of stuff. If you invade a place it does not simply not do anything. It act acordingly to counter your moves. Otherwice it whoud not be funny.

If humans acts instead of the computer, its sort of the same thing. They react to your actions. If they are more they win ground. Thats a even more realistic game than a simple solo computer game.

In life it not always goes our way. I find that level of real workings in elite make me enjoy it more. Becouse its biting back some times. You make mistakes but you have no saved games you can take up, erasing those mistakes. You have to live whit it and learn and adopt.
>>
>>147395279
>>147396317
who told ollobrains about /edg/?
>>
>>147396317
i bet if i was russian this would make sense.

Sadly, this guy just typed a bunch of words and hoped to land on a sentence.

Anyways, Holy crap its been a long time. Sold my annie, parked my FDL and bought a viper to try and remember what the fuck is going on. Wish me luck/hurl insults. Either way im space debris for the space gods. Shits changed....alot.
>>
This game had such potential...
>>
>>147397254
That's pretty much the Elite Dangerous tagline these days
>>
>>147397254
Na m8, you got caught up in the lies. Go watch the original trailer. None of that is in the game.
Now watch the Horizons trailer. None of that is in the game.
Watch the CQC trailer. None of that is in the game.
Even the title screen image is impossible in the game.

It's all a well crafted lie.
>>
File: Pythonkill2.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pythonkill2.webm
3MB, 640x360px
So here's the full beam conda against a python
>>
File: Clipperkill.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Clipperkill.webm
3MB, 640x360px
and a clipper. The setup worked better than I expected honestly.
>>
HIP 10716 and Wu Guinagi have lots of "massacre Nobles of HIP 10716 ships" missions issued by Empire factions and they seem to be stackable easily. The faction on the receiving end is unaffiliated.

30-36 ships for about 2M spacebux seem to be very common, but the time limit is just above 4 hours. What's the best way to go about it? Where to look for these ships to find them quick and not in overwhelming numbers?
>>
>>147397423
>>147397602

I just wanted EVE with actual gameplay. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>147398718
Yes. Elite is not EVE, and I like it that way. Asking for a game billed as an MMO to have MMO mechanics is pure entitlement. Let me guess: you're a millenial aren't you?

o7 CMDRs fly safe
>>
>>147399128
Well it's certainly doing well without being an MMO isn't it?
>Oh wait

Also
>Le millenial meme

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>147390651
If "Elite Generals"-submission anon reads this post, any word on how it's progressing or how long we have to agree on faction stuff?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLg83QMmlGs

Have our glorious red overlords won yet?
>>
>>147400141
nah, there's still two more CG cycles for them to destroy in a matter of hours
>>
Why are brown dwarves so damn annoying ::((
>>
I saw Elite's for sale, what exactly do you do in it? Is it pure dogfighting or is there more to it?
>>
>>147405510
shut up and buy it already you consumerist piece of shit.
>>
>>147404213
This offends me greatly. My wife's son is brown, and fairly short.
>>
>>147405510
It's not pure dogfighting, there's tons of shit to do. Bounty hunting, mercenary work, trading, mining, smuggling, piracy, salvaging, deliveries, assassinations, exploration, raiding ground bases, working for a major political power, supporting local factions, community goals, pvp, working for engineers to craft ship upgrades, griefing dads, wishing it was more like EVE, and complaining about it here.
>>
File: conf.jpg (3KB, 164x123px) Image search: [Google]
conf.jpg
3KB, 164x123px
Is it just me or they removed commodities market at Demolition Unlimited?

INARA cays I can get rep for LIZ RYDER by selling commodyties there, but there is no marked.

Is info outdated or am I retarded?
>>
>>147407198
U A B O M B
A
B
O
M
B
>>
>>147407329
???
>>
>>147407408
If you spam unknown artifacts to a station it will 'die'. All typical station services get removed.
>>
File: absolutely doin it.jpg (18KB, 469x500px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely doin it.jpg
18KB, 469x500px
>>147390276
>UA bombing Jameson Memorial
>>
>>147408072
Fuck yes.
>>
>>147399993
You mean Elite Furfags?
>>
So uh, how do I play this game? I'm out here doing missions and whatnot, but at what point do i get a better ship etc?

i'm at like 150k, which is nothing i know, but flying a literal rectangle is pretty fucking gay desu.

What do?
>>
>>147409645
R E F U N D
>>
Any advice on >>147398502?
>>
>>147410189
signal sources, supercruise

if there's an RES or CZ, those
>>
>>147409645
Well ugh... You could probably afford an Eagle if you want to do combat.

Watch a youtube video about beginner bounty hunting.
>Get Eagle
>Outfit it
>Fly to a system with a RES
>Killsteal bounties
>??????G R I N D
>Profit
>Get Diamondback Scout

Or you know, explore the game. You're still in the honeymoon phase where you have no clue what's going on and everything is mystical and difficult. I'd say enjoy it before the VISION sets in.

>>147410189
Nav Beacon?
Any HAZRES sans authority?
I can't check the system myself now. Otherwise just signal sources.
>>
Has anyone seen class 3 pulse lasers?
>>
>>147410295
pretty much fucking anywhere

just use eddb.io
>>
>>147410295
https://eddb.io/station
>>
>>147410295
Shinrarta Dezhra - Jameson Memorial
>>
>>147410295
*class 3 fixed pulse lasers

>>147410348
Yeah I've seen gimballed and turreted, but not fixed.

>>147410354
eddb.io is lying. Went to Korovii, said data was good since 4 hours ago. No fucking go. Just gimballed.
>>
>>147410412
Thx senpai.
>>
>>147410417
Actually I went to the wrong station. Found some.

>tfw still can't find a better loadout for a vulture than 2 fixed pulses

When can I ditch this thing?
>>
>>147410808
For future reference:
Read the fucking OP:
>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

Go to galaxy map, select the map tab, then filter out system type to only show Hight Tech, then move the Minimum Population Bar towards the end to only show high population systems. You will always find what you need.

Bonus: Also go for the Chinajew -15% module discount.
>>
>>147410279
What's VISION stand for some op ingame faction?
>>
>>147410253
>>147410279
Thank you!
>>
File: edg.png (679KB, 1121x1758px) Image search: [Google]
edg.png
679KB, 1121x1758px
>>147373218
But what makes Elite so compelling isnā€™t so much about the game as the experience. Itā€™s the tinkering with and the taking out of a performance car for a Sunday drive, not to rack up more miles, nor to break any speed limits, but to just feel the growl of the engine and the wind comb through whatā€™s left of your hair. To remember those carefree days arched over a BBC Micro or blinking angrily into a Lenslok and to forget for a short while that you have to make 357 people redundant in the morning. Elite is a hermetically-sealed escape capsule and itā€™s the best there is. Hell, you could fire the game up and just sit there on a launch pad and the sounds are enough to carry you away, so strong is your shipā€™s presence and so absorbing are the station surroundings.

Taking off, tearing through the station entrance a little too fast and just missing a Python, angling for the next jump, scooping fuel from a blazing sun, spinning the camera around your ship to catch its best profile, starting a fight just for the hell of it, seeing smok rise from the command console, hearing the screen crack and precious oxygen escaping into space and landing back at base with seconds to spare ā€“ these are the moments that make Elite essential. Trading, missions, mining ā€“ not so much. But itā€™s ok, weā€™re not going anywhere.
>>
apperantly i need to find weak signal sources in rish, but there aren't any up in this bitch, what now? Does warping out and back into Rish spawn new one?
>>
>>147411162
No, it's indeed used in randomly generated names, but VISION meme mostly refers to the difference between what Lord Braben wants the game to be and what lowly anons want to be entertained, hence all the cognitive dissonance and grieving posts you can see around.
>>
File: visionary grand leader.jpg (78KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
visionary grand leader.jpg
78KB, 600x437px
>>147411162
>He doesn't know

The OP picture and it's name should give some hint
I envy you. Vision is the grand plan for the game that the developers, specifically Brabo, have. It is the 'reason' why we cannot have nice things. It is the principle the developers use to create new features in their MASSIVE incompetence and what the dads of the gulag unironically praise.
>>
File: whenthevisionjustright.png (126KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
whenthevisionjustright.png
126KB, 557x605px
>>147411271
>>
>>147411406
Is it mission related? They usually tell you where to go in the description.

But otherwise, supercruise around at 0 throttle and identify unknown signal sources - they have been changed from multiple types into identifiable USS, IIRC
>>
>>147411406
If it's a mission, scan the nav beacon if there is one.
Otherwise you just have to fly around looking for Unknown Signal Sources and scan those and hope you roll double sixes and get what you are after.
>>
>>147388825
>No Man's Sky
even worse than ED when it comes to online gaming. They said the unique online stuff would be when you name a planet or a species, people will be able to see that. Nothing else.
>>
>>147411774
>>147411943
yeh it's for a mission.

I bought a scanner, but uh, how do i use it?
>>
>>147411969
Let's just wait for Star Citizen, surely that game will give us all it promised right lads?

at least the ships won't look like a retard designed them
>>
>>147411993
Holy shit, maggot, do you really need to be spoonfeed on that?

Figure that shit out yourself ffs.
>>
>>147411993
assign it to a fire group in the right panel
>>
>>147407097
>griefing dads, wishing it was more like EVE, and complaining about it here
biggest features in the game IMO
>>
>>147412264
>griefing dads
Except that part is a lie.
>>
>>147336593
that episode was fucking nice.
>>
>>147412232
i did, i have it showing up on my HUD, do I just need to get close enough and it'll automatically work or is it like the guns and i gotta bind a button to actually make it work?
>>
>>147388825
>NMS
Rust/Starbound crafting simulator in space without the slightest chance of ever seeing my friends. Even more fucking RNG.
Pass

From all of those only Star Citizen offers remotely what I'm after.
And Star Citizen is a real money ships MMO.
Fuck me.
I stick to E:D. At least it is the devil I know.

>>147412484
Drop out of SC to Nav Beacon, fly close to it and scan it like a stellar object.
How new are you?
>>
Guys im confused with the thrusters mods.

Clean drive is designed for smaller, light craft, and dirty for big, heavy ones?
>>
>>147412618
>How new are you?

Quite literally finished installing the game less than 20 minutes ago.

Configured my stick/keybinds to my liking around 10 or so minutes ago.

Accepted first mission shortly thereafter, now I'm floating around in space.
>>
>>147412848
Clean makes you go fast but cooler.
Dirty makes you go faster, but hotter.

>>147412890
Oh that explains it then. I suggest you go through a couple of handy tutorials on the web/youtube. Although learning by doing is still possible.
>>
>>147412890
Lurk more, try to figure things out yourself first, use the info ftrom the OP before shitting up the thread with basic bitch questions.

You're stealing space from quality dadposters.
>>
>>147412484
Like >>147412618 said, jump out of SC at nav beacon, then fly within ~1 km to the nav beacon object itself (it's white on the radar, or you could select it from target list on the left panel), just target it and wait for it passively complete. In general if you do this in "Unknown" but populated system, it will discover all astronomical objects there, though you can't sell that data.

Stellar scanners are different: they have to be bound to a group and when you're in the unknown system, you "honk" it and it will say stuff about (no) new astronomical objects, if you throttle down to zero and target the star, your ship will scan it passively. Planets are the same (detailed scanner is not really necessary), but since pretty much all the systems in the bubble have been scanned, you don't have to worry about going around, I don't think scan bonus is worth the time if you're just trying to get a bit extra cash on a way from one system to another.

Back to your mission, however, nav beacon will probably update you with some planet. Go to it and fly around in its vicinity, a few seconds later it will say "Objective updated" and you'll have a blue-coloured signal source target.
>>
>>147413154
>You're stealing space from quality dadposters.
I dunno if he really does, the dadposters are a bit stale after three previous threads I read. Sure, if it makes them feel better... But the thread is better with people who keep it actually game-related, rather than lamenting their dreams never come true.
>>
>>147413628
>dadposters are a bit stale
This whole fucking thread is stale along with the game.

I doubt that saleshitters posting their dumb questions will change anything for the better, Mr. Helpful Wiki man.
>>
>>147413751
Hey there's more of us than just one helpful wiki man!
>>
I currently got a viper MK IV, What's a good ship for bounties ?
>>
>>147413861
Noice, you two can yiff in the background now.
>>
>>147413909
Viper mk III
DBS
>>
>>147413909
DBS, Viper Mk III, DBX, Vulture, FAS, FDL
>>
>>147413909
Keelback.
>>
*raises paw*
>>
File: ss+(2014-11-13+at+10.28.39).jpg (54KB, 608x539px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-11-13+at+10.28.39).jpg
54KB, 608x539px
>>147413938
I'm going to yiff YOU, you motherfucking motherfucker.
>>
File: fiendishhound.gif (20KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
fiendishhound.gif
20KB, 100x100px
>>147415108
Can't yiff the top dog, pal.
>>
File: 325235.png (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
325235.png
12KB, 300x300px
>https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/271188-Drew-Wagar-s-article-about-supporting-SEPP-and-why-%28Elite-Exploration-is-Paramount!%29
How pathetic those dads can get?
>commies totally dominate the dangerous games throug honest in game means
>NOT FAIR! PLS NERF!!!
>HURRR DEY ARE FILTHY GRINDERS!!!
>PLS SUPPORT OUR EXPLORATION CIRCLEJERK AND ADVERTISE IT EVERYWHERE!!!

>all that is done under a gay pretense of forcing ftroop to work on exploration
>tfw dads actually think everyone needs to proove something for ftroop for them even think of starting doing their motherfucking work

This is some bizarro parallel universe shit.
>>
>>147415884
Why the fuck do they think their shitty dad group winning will make FTroop work harder on exploration?
>>
>>147416365
>>147415884
>tfw can't wait for the thargoids update to thoroughly kill dad exploration circlejerk by having a chance to get pulled out of hypercruise and get instantly REKT with every single jump outside of the bubble.
>>
File: 323253453436.jpg (234KB, 724x724px) Image search: [Google]
323253453436.jpg
234KB, 724x724px
>>147416365
That's what triggers me the most.

Instead of coming out straight and admitting they are attention whoring bunch of faggots like fuel dads they come out with weak just cause wishful thinking bullshit.

Even that fanfiction writing fag joins the gangbang.

Shit, can't wait when this whole game gets Black Prophecy'd.
>>
>>147398070
>>147397782
So, how many beams did you tack on that conda? 3 C3 and 1 C4?
>>
File: another quality thread from dad.png (139KB, 1834x406px) Image search: [Google]
another quality thread from dad.png
139KB, 1834x406px
>>
>>147417273
HUD says he has 6 beams.
>>
File: 132532456465476.gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
132532456465476.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>147417594
Reminder to remind that fag that David Bowie is a dead hack.
>>
>>147417273
I used 3 gimballed large beams with 2 fixed mediums and one fixed huge beam.
>>
http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/
Argh, just untie warning/enemy red from the fucking filter and it will be usable. Dads will still be pleased and others will feel less like killing themselves trying to mix up a decent scheme. Pass it to Braben please.
>>
>>147418207
Or maybe put HUD customisation functionality into the fucking game?

It was asked for since what? Premium beta?

Goddamn 3D Fallouts have this.
>>
>>147418370
I'm reduced to the point of willing to compromise. Because touching red channel on that thing fucks it. I want some green with unfucked red.
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/271111-How-Elite-Dangerous-disincentivizes-playing

Please tell me its one of you guys trolling.
>>
>>147419435
>its one of you guys trolling
>trolling the dadland by pretending to be a dad
nah that's too meta bordering on "i was pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>147419435
>>147419743
Imagine the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE if >>147416794 ever happens...
>>
File: bra2.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
bra2.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
QUICK /EDG/

Its me, David.

Give a quick idea how to fix thermal shock weapons!
>>
>>147419989
Nothing will happen. They will just combat log on them.
>>
>>147420089
Stop adding shitty, buggy, shallow, grindy new mechanics and flesh out the core game. Give persistent meaning to the player's in-game actions. That's how you fix thermal weapons.
>>
File: bra5.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bra5.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>147420518
Hey there CMDR,

It seems you do not SEE the game in a way that I do.

Over and out! o7
>>
>>147420751
My liege!
Quick, to the spess: https://youtu.be/4TQxUHpgoss
>>
>>147420751
brabo has such a punchable face

I swear every time I see him I wanna deck him right in the mug
>>
File: 12312423432543.png (90KB, 1200x272px) Image search: [Google]
12312423432543.png
90KB, 1200x272px
>>
>There are people playing this game when Star Citizen exists
plebs
>>
>>147423105
>Star Citizen
>exists
I guess /scg/ is dead because people are busy playing it?
>>
>>147423105
I bought the $45 pledge package for SC. I see the potential, but as it stand right now there's just not enough meat to keep me interested.

inb4
>elite
>meat
>>
As an Elite veteran player flying my Cobra MKIII exclusively in solo I must say you guys are playing this game wrong.
>>
>>147423207
>I see the potential
Hilarious to read this in /edg/ of all places. Both "I see" and "potential" parts.
>>
File: 123243563465.jpg (17KB, 490x100px) Image search: [Google]
123243563465.jpg
17KB, 490x100px
>>147423298
>>
There are a lot of folk like me who are currently out in deep space ... too far to make it back in time to participate in "The Dangerous Games".

Thankfully ... there is an answer! Right now Elite: Dangerous is on sale. Can't make it back to help SEPP? Buy a second account! Why didn't I think of this earlier? Its not like we need a full-on Horizons account. A basic Elite: Dangerous account is on sale now for just $20.09USD / Ā£13.39GBP.

In just four hours of game play you can easily earn enough credits to afford a Cobra Mk III. Plenty of time to get into a 'great all-rounder' before they announce the next CG. Just haul Rares from Wulpa to Altair and back (gradually upgrading along the way).

Consider the money spent on the second account to be a donation to our favorite Developer plus: With a second account you'll never have to worry about not being able to participate in something inside the Bubble because you're 'stuck' some place like Beagle Point!
>>
>>147423447
T-this is supposed to be SFW board...
>>
File: 24343254563.jpg (42KB, 1016x388px) Image search: [Google]
24343254563.jpg
42KB, 1016x388px
>>147423727
>>
http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=707,7u57u55CD01Q0Wg0_g0_g,2-6Q4s4s2C4s3I5A,7Py05U7dg03w03w2Uc
How do I improve on this?
>>
>>147423706
>shilling this hard

Dads have literally zero shame/self-awareness.
>>
>>147423965
I mean stuff like better guns. Also will enhanced thrusters work for it or is it too heavy?
>>
>>147423706
>help SEPP
Funny thing is they actually can't help SEPP anyway, cos that would require them to stick inside the bubble and do actual work like hauling/combat. Braindead explorer vegetables ain't got time for that, so they think bitching and moaning on the forums and leddit will win them Dangerous Games.

Britcucks in the shell nut.
>>
File: sweating.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>147423830
>>
>>147423965
>no point defense
missiles are gnarly af, PD is a must these days
>A grade sensors
nigga what the fuck are you doing
>BDS
if you have to have a discovery scanner, ADS or bust
>2A SCB instead of 3B
B grade gives you one more cell. 2A replenishes fuckall of your shields, you need rank 3
>gimballed burst
fixed beam or GTFO
>>
>>147424053
But British citizens upset over Brexit ARE entitled millenials. I'm confused...
>>
File: 43546547657.jpg (30KB, 850x160px) Image search: [Google]
43546547657.jpg
30KB, 850x160px
>>147424301
>>
>>147412405
The only people you can grief in this game are people who have no fucking clue what they're doing. If you are aware of high waking then you are invincible, but somehow dads seem to not know about this at all.
>>
>>147424338
>PD is a must these days
Did they buff missiles? Does the AI uses fixed weapons more often, so it's better PD than chaffs?

A grade sensors: it's not like iCourier is power starved.
BDS was a mistake. Probably ADS and fuel scoop when I leave for greener pastures (rip engie trash cargohold)

>2A replenishes fuckall of your shields, you need rank 3
But 3B is considerably heavier, that extra cell is less powerful than 3A and it will probably cook me alive in any case.

>fixed beam or GTFO
This is xbone controller newbie with untrained thumbs. Though the gun placement is underneath the cockpit, so might as well... But what about miniguns on the sidepods?
>>
>>147424765
>the only people you can grief in this game are saleshitters
Dads know about high waking and combat logging. They've learned that lesson long time ago.
>>
>>147424848
MCs are alright
they did buff missiles and AI uses them a lot
AI spams fixed weps and railguns so unless you're preying on large ships 24/7 it's basically useless
3B is heavier, will cook you but the heatsinks will help you mitigate that. Also B SCBs regenerate more in total than A because of that extra cell
I use a xbone controller and fixed weapons on small ships are easy enough after some training. I trained on an Eagle and a Vulture
>>
>>147424865
Then they need reeducation. A forum "regular", an insider who will feed them stories of honour and nobility that will cause them to stay and tumble in combat awkwardly, beams shining like a disco party.

Perhaps also teach them about the importance of "report crimes against me" to "off"
>>
>>147425135
Go teach them in a lesson in solo/mobius/private, big guy.
>>
>>147425057
>MCs are alright
MC are fucking beastly with mods. One corrosive and one thermal.
>>
>>147425319
Which would be the best base mod for them?
>>
>>147425695
I use overcharged.
>>
>>147425695
I use overcharged on my Python, you can use efficient weapon on your courier.

And I'm talking about grade 5 mods.
>>
>>147425695
Overcharged 100% for multicannons. Don't bother until you have grade 5 unlocked, anything less will throw your aim to shit.
>>
>>147413909
From best to worst:
Anaconda
FDL
Vulture
FDS
FAS
DBX
Dadbra MK3
Other shit

This also might be in order of most expensive to least expensive, not sure.

Alternatively, if you are filthy rich and want an actually fun time, buy an orca, outfit it for maximum mass and ram shitters for laughs.
>>
>>147425889
>>147425918
Thanks for the tips! Overcharged 5 definitely looks great, but gonna try other stuff while I build relationships with the guy, that low-level jitter looks terrible.
>>
>>147420751

Hey visiondad, you do not use over AND out, you just use out.
>>
*strokes the dog*
>>
File: tmp_11835-2E8N4yFl1232605746.jpg (38KB, 640x315px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11835-2E8N4yFl1232605746.jpg
38KB, 640x315px
*hardpoints deploying*
>>
>>147428436
>not just ramming with hardpoints retracted

it's like you don't know the joys of the FAS
I once rammed straight through an anaconda
>>
>>147411969
>When it comes to online gaming

It has no online gaming. It's a single player game that occasionally connects to a server that stores the names of planets people discovered and named. But then again, I'm not surprised you think it has multiplayer/online. There are retards that legitimately think you can't meet up with people just because the game is big.

>>147412072
Hopefully it will. It's better than paying 60 dollars every year to have FDev shit down your throat with incompetence.
>>
>>147429114
>It has no online gaming
Jesus H Christ, chill your fucking nuts sperg and read his post again. You are basically repeating his words.
>>
>>147426404
Wait, I thought the Assault Ship was better than the Dropship.
>>
>>147431148
It is.
Even the Gunshit is better.
>>
>>147410958
I know that, dipshit. I was flying by my fucking usual high tech, high pop spots and none of them had any, had to go to a system in the middle of bumfuck nowhere according to an external client to find any.
>>
>>147431148
In terms of effectiveness for bounty hunting, it isn't for 2 reasons.

A. The Dropship turns FAR, FAR better than the assault ship. You can only really use the assault ship by abusing fa-off turreting
B. Assault ship is best with 7 multicannons for maximum dakka. Multicannons use ammo; thus tend to be less effective for bounty hunting since you have to go back to the station to refill ammo (or carry a fuckton of materials for synthesis).

FAS is maximum fun to play though.
>>
>>147431336
You're getting the FAS mixed up with the FGS
>>
>>147431281
>>147431336

Fuck me, I'm retarded and mixed up FAS and FGS NEVERMIND
>>
People still play this?
>>
>>147431507
I do, a couple of hours every day after work/studies...
>>
>>147431336
Except now MCs have unlimited ammo :^)
>>
>>147431812
Uh...no they don't? Unless there is an engineer mod for it, but I haven't really done shit with the engineers since I refuse to grind or farm.
>>
>>147431947
They reload indefinitely because of an ftroop bug. Doesn't apply to railguns.
>>
>>147432020
But I've noticed my ammo going down as I reload (side note, why the fuck is there no dedicated reload button)

Are you saying that if I let the ammo pool reach zero itll continue to reload?
>>
>>147432082
The last time I played my ammo didn't diminish despite reloads.

No reload button because of >>>>BALANCE. Praise based Vision. You can get an engi upgrade for reloading.
>>
Why hasn't solo mode been completely ditched now? I wanna shoot autistic dads.
>>
>>147433785
I wonder how much the playerbase would decrease if solo was axed, or rather, I wonder how many dads there are actually playing that would quit.
>>
>>147433785
>>147434326
That would be the solution to a lot of problems in this game: getting rid of the dad no-fun-allowed army by forcing them into online mode. Then FDev would be forced focus on what the remaining community wishes.

It's never going to happen though, because "muh solo mode was promised during kickstarter".
>>
>>147434885
>Promised during kickstarter

Granted, offline mode was promised during kickstarter also and we see how far that got.
>>
>>147434326
The game would lose between 80-90% of its playerbase. Including me, because I do not have the patience to put up with faggots roaming around in their a ranked billion dollar ships while Im still in a vulture and have basically zero chance to escape them.

Open PVP brings out the absolute worst in people and I'll never put up with it.

Wake me up when security ships jump in based on time and wreck the offender like in EVE and I'll think about it.
>>
>>147435569
Go away dad, you're too old for 4chan.
>>
>>147435727
I'm 28, have never been employed, have no kids, nor a wife nor a girlfriend, and am an anxiety ridden OCD driven NEET.

I am literally the opposite of the dads.
>>
File: boker.png (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
boker.png
48KB, 500x500px
>>147419435

>decently upgraded python
>4 million in insurance

Fucking E rank dads.
>>
So I'm still new enough that I've only just now saved up 150k cr, still in my Sidewinder.
How long until I'm jaded and won't have any more fun? I used to play EVE and got bored after I made somewhere like 50b isk.
>>
>>147437649
Probably somewhere around right after buying the anaconda hull, and before a ranking it.
>>
>>147410808
I find two multi-cannons is the best setup for a vulture
Together they're strong enough that shields aren't a problem
>>
>>147437649

When you get to the ASP you'll wish the game was a different game.
>>
>>147437649
Up to you.
>>
>>147437649
>How long until I'm jaded and won't have any more fun?
Soon.
>>
>>147417594
>4.5 months to BP
did they use a fucking eagle with a 1E fuel scoop?
>>
>>147436147
NEET bros!

Yeah, hitting their head on the wall repeatedly for entertainment is what baby kids like to do.
>>
>>147437341
If he spent 130m on it and has Alpha insurance it makes it about right
>>
File: zvUwKDq.jpg (181KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
zvUwKDq.jpg
181KB, 850x567px
I really hope ship deployment works the way I think it should work. The anacondas description says it can delploy ships up to a Sidewinder and I really want to deploy some kind of supercharged customized Iggy to fuck around with. If it just ends up being that mini dogfighter shitter then fuck it.

I just picked up Engineers and the grind seems astronomical. Is there nothing better to do than actually do what they intend you to? I have a material I need that primarily comes as a biproduct of mining. But Meta-Alloys comes from a store on top of barnacles, so I dont know if other things are available from stores and are just not as documented
>>
>>147435727

He has a point. Open PVP is fine in a multiplayer game as long as there are things in place to fuck people up who go around butchering people and especially seal clubbing. Right now, open mode is nothing but a deathmatch since that's the only interaction you can get out of other players other than banter.
>>
>>147440607
If you can't stand open pvp go play shill citizen.
...oh wait, it's never going to be released.
>>
>>147441114

not an argument
>>
>>147441114

Reread my post, funposter. Open PVP isn't the issue, the problem is that there's nothing to add anything to it. You club a bunch of noobs in Eravate. Nothing happens except you get a pittance of a bounty. So basically wings of FDLs with thermal shocks can just fuck about and butcher whoever they want because "lol i trolle u." The state of PvP in this game is horrible shit, it is not a plus on this wreck of a game like you are making it seem.
>>
What's the best beam mod? Did beams get the short end of the stick or it isn't just well-documented on Inara yet?

Sturdy seems like the only choice not plagued by drawbacks and increased power draw.
>>
>>147441420
That is the flaw of the whole procedural "everything is lawless" space. This concept would work if there are bubbles that are of different security levels and difficulty levels where faggots can hang about and not ever worry about difficult NPCs or players. But then again, the complete opposite is so far looking to be the flaw of something like No Man's Sky. You land on an undiscovered planet and suddenly the omniscient space police are after your dick because you shot bambi.

This is why shit needs to be manually set up. Make a 300 LY bubble that is easy difficulty, instant police response, lower level NPCs. Continue this trend until you get to areas where it would make sense that there are no police like Robigo. Add in the occasional anarchy system in safe bubbles.
>>
>>147442321

I want to slap whoever put Eravate in Federation and Hudson space. It, and the surrounding systems, should be a relatively safe area with extremely fast security response. Give it some branching story missions where you can choose to help pirates, the government (bounty hunt), or traders. Then let players fuck off into the galaxy and then let everyone go wild, while still having some systems where it is relatively safe. The only systems where you should be getting fucked with no repercussions by both players and NPCs should be anarchy systems.
>>
>>147442818
Look, I don't know where you're from, but Frontier just got back from their Brexit vacation, and now they have their "The colonies left us day" vacation. They're exhausted and shit like that takes lots of time to code. They simply don't have the time for it.
>>
File: 1448430409806.jpg (202KB, 887x900px) Image search: [Google]
1448430409806.jpg
202KB, 887x900px
>>147443015

I feel for them because there isn't much they can do to fix this because it is broken on such a fundamental level that I don't think there's any way to undo this mess short of sweeping revamps to how the game works. This ship has sailed long ago.
>>
>>147443168
There is still hope anon: go buy Star Citizen!
>>
File: Star_Citizen_ship_prices.png (638KB, 1120x537px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Citizen_ship_prices.png
638KB, 1120x537px
>>147443297
Yes, go buy Star Citizen, all of it.
>>
Is its sad that the last hope is Star Citizen and it isn't even a full level of hope is more like a slightly lighter shade of depression that is the space genre.
>>
Is there a way to get cosmetic shit without paying with my autismbux?
>>
>>147443920

What? Don't you want to support Frontier? You DO know they need money to continue developing this game?
>>
>>147443920
You can get various profession decals in trade, combat and exploration by gitting gud in those respective areas.
>>
>>147443840
More like the last nail of space genre's coffin than any hope.
>>
File: 20160704051559_1.jpg (542KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20160704051559_1.jpg
542KB, 1920x1200px
>>147443920
Just buy an alphabet. It's oddly satisfying to have bollocks swing about gently during turns.
>>
File: 20160704060650_1.jpg (299KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20160704060650_1.jpg
299KB, 1920x1200px
>>147446197
Or have them come out of the shadow as light of a distant star falls into your cockpit.
>>
>engine is so bad Frontier can't make some random star explode for 4th july
>>
>>147446631
Why would they? Some traitor celebration.
>>
>>147446631
You can dump tea in protest.
>>
>>147447195
https://eddb.io/station/922 seems like a great place to do it, though the date is wrong.
>>
>>147446802

Butthurt redcoat detected.
>>
>>147448294
>Red
Well you got that right, regards from socialist Finland.
>>
>>147448404

You don't have coats in regardsland?
>>
>>147448860
Not red ones. We only have brown and grey.
>>
>>147448941

Oh. Okay. Sorry anon, I hope you have a good day with your brown and grey coats.
>>
>>147422054
bet his jaw is made of pure granite, like the rest of his head
>>
>>147435569
>Wake me up when security ships jump in based on time and wreck the offender like in EVE and I'll think about it.

they do that since 2.1, their response time is based on security level of the system

also, high-waking and unpunished combat logging, so even if they didn't...
>>
>>147443593

Jesus

...do you have to take out a loan?
>>
>>147442386
beam mods blow, the only one worth considering is short ranged blaster and it sucks horribly

efficient bursts are the way to go now
>>
>>147451124
>samefag here

forgot to mention they also added NPC bounty hunters that harrass you all over the place if you have a decently sized bounty on your head

elite FDL, FAS, FGS, and Anacondas will chase you across the galaxy depending on how large your bounty is

It's to the point where a lot of pvp groups, like Smiling Dad Crew, have just bailed on the game since they can't gank people anymore without it being a huge pain in the ass

>also because you have to grind fungineers if you want to be pvp competitive in open
>>
Frontier are my most disliked developers now.
I can just imagine 4 guys sitting in the office "designing and coding" next update. This game is need to be put in hands of devs how has manpower to support game like this, it needs updates every two weeks to keep up with evolving bugs and to keep player base alive with little things in between big updates. But no one will ever take this piece of shit game, it would be easier to start from a scratch
>>
>>147446631
Still new, are there things like novae or black holes?
What about red giants or neutron stars?

So far I've found yellow stars, and white and brown dwarfs.
>>
>>147451954

I wouldn't say they are the most scummy developers out there. They are out of touch and incompetent, yes, but I think they do mean well for the most part, if not atleast the team itself that are being slave-driven by Sandro and Braben. You have much worse people out there, like Tim Schafer and the dev of Orion.
>>
Real Talk.
How dead is this general and how Bad/Dead is this game?
I've been reading the Steam Reviews and they are all saying stay away don't buy this game, what do
>>
>>147451861
>Smiling Dad Crew
You mean Smelly Dog Cock private furfag club?
>>
>>147451991
Black holes look somewhat cool but are no danger at all, you can crash in to them with little consequences.
Neuron stars are,relatively, very little and most dangerous because they have huge crash radius. Being most dangerous doesn't make them deadly though, they'll just scratch your paint.
Other stars are just variation of color and whether or not they're scoopable or not.
So much for "dangerous"
>>
>>147451991
No, nothing like that.

>>147452292
The sale is over so you can fuck off back to /v/, wigger.
>>
>>147452292
I talk a lot of shit about Elite but I still like it because I love space. It's not my main game, I log in in between other games to get my space kick. That's all this game is for me right now
>>
>>147452512
So is everyone in this general like this or his he just super autistic? Cause if everybody's like this then this general deserves to die and the game deserves to die
>>
>>147452292
honestly it's really not that bad of a game, just don't set your expectations too high

there's a lot of different shit to do, the problem is that there's not much in the way of story or persistence, so it never feels like your accomplishing much beyond increasing your credit balance
>>
>>147452658
>I, alone, decide what happens to generals I just entered
If you don't like it how about you just leave. We'll die when time for it comes.
>>
>>147452830
Kill yourself Nigger
>>
>>147452909
Hey hey hey this ain't Stalker general.
>>
>>147452909
>Nigger
>Capital N
I see your dad thought you how to address him
>>
>>147452658
Yes, we are all the same. Now fuck off.
>>
>Checking missions in Sothis
>Oh shit! One of the Data missions to Ceos has very rare material for r5 fsd range as a reward
>Pick it up and go to Ceos
>Guy isnt there so I cant return it

I think the VISION got me.
>>
>>147451954
I see them more like the game developer equivalent of a grandpa. They used to be great back in "their day," but now they're senile and have forgotten most of what they knew about code and game design. The game is a cute effort that you can half applaud in that "good job, grandpa, you're totally still relevant and useful," kind of way. You pretend like you're having fun playing while grandpa is looking, but then go post anonymously online that no one should purchase this game, ever, because you know it would break grandpa's heart to hear you say that.

FDev is a well-meaning, bumbling old fool, not a scheming dick.
>>
>>147452292

Should you buy it? That all depends on how much you like the subject matter.

To answer with an analogy:

It's a pool that's ten miles wide, but only a few inches deep. Not all of the water in said pool is water, and it's always lukewarm. It's hard to enjoy the pool because you have a bunch of old people shouting at you because you are "enjoying the pool wrong," and when you start to enjoy the pool, they nag the lifeguards come and remove whatever it was that was interesting while the old people tell you to go back to this other pool you know is better.
>>
>>147453260
>forgotten most of what they knew about code and game design
Haha, they(Braben) never knew anything about those things.

All previous games were soulless boring shite. The only gimmick Braben pioneered is PG universe with PG planets in space sims.
>>
>>147453528
Especially when it was the other guy Ian Bell who actually did the actual development, whom our Brabo threw off the ship because he didn't want to do what Brabo wanted. The things we'd have..
>>
File: 1458973201202.png (8KB, 330x245px) Image search: [Google]
1458973201202.png
8KB, 330x245px
How many of you actually RP?
Sometimes I like to pretend that I'm having fun.
But seriously sometimes I take out my Viper MkIII and pretend that I'm a sec guy and I kill all the baddies and patrol and stuff.
I hate my life
>>
>>147453974
I do it all the time
I'm having _____________FUN_______________ doing it
>>
File: 231241241241.png (15KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
231241241241.png
15KB, 100x100px
>>147453974
Hey, anon, we can RP together.

Add me id/Plaxinov
>>
>>147453069
>You can't change the VISION and Brabo kicks you out!
>>
>>147413161
literally kill yourself
>>
File: 1467205700012.jpg (352KB, 1076x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1467205700012.jpg
352KB, 1076x1256px
>>147454312
That's some delayed butthurt my dude.
>>
File: 1460805931900.jpg (25KB, 520x656px) Image search: [Google]
1460805931900.jpg
25KB, 520x656px
Post your favourite space tunes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f25R9Gl6FWc
>>
>>147455012
That's pretty gay brer. Is that Protomen?
>>
File: 1438371750892.jpg (1015KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1438371750892.jpg
1015KB, 1280x1280px
>>147455012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAkHGbRPNR4
>>
File: edgim.jpg (168KB, 1435x851px) Image search: [Google]
edgim.jpg
168KB, 1435x851px
>>147455012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3A-lJQlrmk
>>
>>147453081
>thought you
swing and a miss
>>
so what do you guys do to have fun
I just kinda switch between ships every once in a while, and fly it around killing shitty pirates or doing smuggling routes
it's not very interesting
>>
File: 20160607062521_1.jpg (241KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20160607062521_1.jpg
241KB, 1920x1200px
>>147451991
>So far I've found yellow stars, and white and brown dwarfs.
Pic related is black hole in Maia, there is certainly a lensing effect but I didn't feel like ramming it. Haven't met neutron stars yet, but I've seen a guide for neutron star farming because data pays well.
>>
>>147458583
i decided to fly far from powerplay space and try to turn a bunch of systems to anarchy.

that was when powerplay was broken and nothing changed ever. Had some systems stuck for a couple weeks of perpetual war. Then got bored, and tried to mine. I knew i was in for a boring time, but the amount of pirates homing in on me telling my python to drop the loot while being plowed by my turrets was really dumb.
>>
>>147451287
No because you don't have to buy any of those ships. 60 bucks gets you full access to the game. Those ships are the equivalent of kickstarter backer reward tiers, except instead of giving you a dinner with the vision master himself, you get an in game ship.
>>
>>147443593
man fuck I forgot to save up on GBP for star citizen I used them all up on tendies
>>
>>147458785
Don't be a pussy, anon, ram that fucker.
>>
>>147451991
Remember: KGB FOAM are scoopable.

>>147452292
It's a good game, rather unusual and doesn't appeal to everyoneā€”as you can seeā€”even if it strives to do that. It's comfy, no rush game until you get in a fightā€”and just like that: don't rush and wait for a good sale.

>>147451991
Are you sure you didn't miss CARGO HOLD AT MAXIMUM CAPACITY at some point?
>>
>>147460532
>Doesn't appeal to everyone

This is the latest dad excuse to defend the horrendous bugs and gameplay aspects that plague the game.
>>
File: 1466979874887.gif (292KB, 99x76px) Image search: [Google]
1466979874887.gif
292KB, 99x76px
>>147460532
>KGB FOAM
Always gets me when plebitors and dads pretend to be amature astronomers yet need some fucking mnemonic aid to remember a simple fact that only hydrogen fusing main sequence stars are scoopable.
>>
>>147461026
shutup Nerd.
>>
File: 1451837687768.jpg (83KB, 463x372px) Image search: [Google]
1451837687768.jpg
83KB, 463x372px
>>147461008
IT'S LIKE MARMITE M8 I SWER ON ME MUM

Or like dogshit.
>>
>>147458970
Unfortunately, you DO have to buy those ships. They are specialised and you can't buy any for game currency "yet". You want something fresh, something betterā€”cough up more cash.

They limit access to the current development with two layers of "testers" and the only way to get around that is tenbux monthly subscription. Developers concentrated on FPS module last year (which was a stretch goal), the COD killerā€”the Star Marineā€”then canned it. They are focusing on a single player spin-off Squadron 42 now. Which too was never the main focus of the game people backed. To make matters worse they split it from Star Citizen as a separate purchase.

If you like funny glitches and crashes, by all means, go for it. Personally, I'm waiting for them to realise that they have a great potential to replace the wacky Space Station 13. Their focus on IMMURSHUN and attention to little details would work wonders. It's the game I will buy full-price.
>>
>>147455012
https://youtu.be/AVnv21z_1HU
https://play.spotify.com/album/5gmTKn3sH5dhCma64NVR4A
>>
>>147455356
>Adian Bell
>Co-cretator of Elite was Ian Bell
Was this an ad or something
>>
>>147455012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtZ0ALMkg0w
>>
File: 13985254676.jpg (9KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
13985254676.jpg
9KB, 224x225px
>>147461206
What's up with you always capitalising the letter N? That's what liberal agenda does to burgerboos?

And why are you still here and not circlejerking somewhere on /v/, you silly wigger?
>>
>>147461683
Yes, an ad for advanced autism.
>>
File: brbrn brd.jpg (91KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
brbrn brd.jpg
91KB, 1280x853px
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4r6wop/dreams_of_season_3/

>tfw this guy thinks there's still a chance this game can be great
>>
File: 1467207448354.jpg (74KB, 970x706px) Image search: [Google]
1467207448354.jpg
74KB, 970x706px
>>147461967
>reddot
>optimistic wankery for upboats
WOW HOW SHOCKING
>>
>>147461392
>you DO

But you don't. If this was the completed product and those things were only accessible for a thousand dollars, your point would stand.
>>
>>147461967
i cri evertiem
It's a great game, though. One of a kind.
>>
>>147461726
O..okay..
>>
>>147462431
Ah! You mean you give 60 bux away and then wait for a "minimum viable product" and hope for the best. I'll get on sale when there is one, then.
>>
>>147462741
You mean exactly like ED? Except we're at the point where people have given over 100 dollars for a minimum viable product.
>>
File: 1461346291280.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461346291280.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
The Python is literally, yes LITERALLY, the best ship on the game and it's impossible for you to argue otherwise
>>
>>147462880
a dad and his dollar are soon parted
>>
File: 1389094428748.jpg (29KB, 377x356px) Image search: [Google]
1389094428748.jpg
29KB, 377x356px
>>147462880
Yes, exactly like ED. Why are you so defensive.

I swear, you /scg/ refugees are the most disgusting creatures ever. You come here and parrot our critical views of ED and VISION memes, but when someone says something harsh about The Holy Quran Citizen you get your knickers into a twist.

/scg/ furfags deported when? You have to go back.
>>
>>147463285
I sold mine. What do you like about it so much? I prefer the Asp E for medium ships
>>
>>147463285
This is correct.
>>
>>147463459
Wow, don't link us, furfags, with that scum...
>>
>>147463459
>/scg/ refugee

I've been in this thread every day discussing ED. Fuck off with this >SCG refugee shit.
>>
>>147463889
>...
No you deserve it
>>
>>147463650
Ability to fit three fucking large multicannons for example?

Better shields/hull? More cargo? More efficient miner?

Insane PP and PG and a huge amount of internals that let you experiment with loadouts freely?

Better/comfier cockpit?
>>
File: 1461705180993.jpg (74KB, 483x381px) Image search: [Google]
1461705180993.jpg
74KB, 483x381px
Why are half the ships named after snek?
>>
>>147464002
Sure thing, Plax.

Hurry up and fuck off to /scg/. Oh wait, you can't because it's dead.
>>
File: 1451156132722.png (26KB, 190x194px) Image search: [Google]
1451156132722.png
26KB, 190x194px
>>147463650
>Asp
>>
>>147464184
In my current state i just buy extra ships rather than change loadouts. To get Engineer shit I am probably going to buy a Cobra and Mine with it.
I just really like jumping far
>>
File: vision sign.jpg (148KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
vision sign.jpg
148KB, 850x565px
>>147464207
why is anything named anything breh?
>>
File: tfw ed.jpg (13KB, 230x104px) Image search: [Google]
tfw ed.jpg
13KB, 230x104px
>>147464324
These are my hours playing ed. inb4 some more stupid bullshit from you
>>
>>147464404
Cool, dunno whay it has to do with Python being the best generalist end game ship tho.
>>
>>147464602
>end game
>>
>>147464558
And? You want a medal for that or what?
>>
>>147464602
Just the jumping mostly. I find that travelling is the real core of ED, and having a higher jump range reduces travel times exponentially. So Id rather have the ship that can do that the best
>>
>>147464698
>greentext
>>
>>147464762
>Gets btfo
>S-so what!

It's alright, faggot. People are allowed to like both games and want both of them to succeed. You don't have to pretend to suck Brabens dick while meme-ing on everything else.
>>
>>147464815
I can get my Python over 20ly and that's enough for the in-bubble travel.
>>
>>147465064
My current jumper does 36ly. Ill probably eventually rebuy the Python and do something with it.
Currently own
1x Sidewinder
2x Asp Explorer
1x Anaconda
When they add deployable ships ill get an Imperial Eagle to fuck around in
>>
>>147464979
>proclaiming your percived victory
Oh boy, that's mighty gay.

/scg/ refugees forced to play ED because their pipe dream game is never coming out are nothing new.

If you still getting more and more agitated I advice you to ressurect /scg/ and vent your further frustrations there.

>people like both games
>implying SC is a game
>>
File: 1460792223639.png (14KB, 633x524px) Image search: [Google]
1460792223639.png
14KB, 633x524px
>>147465405
>2x Asp Explorer
But whyyy
>>
File: 1457923651611.png (422KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457923651611.png
422KB, 640x480px
>>147465475
>Forced to play ED

Kek. I was playing ED before I hopped onto SC. In fact ED's lack of content and inability to properly wing up with some of my friends on the other side of the world pushed me to look into SC. Any other dumbshit you want to make up to make yourself feel better?
>>
>>147465564
One for long distance deliverys when a Medium ship is neccessary over a Large ship

and one fully loaded with guns and space buggy for engineer stuff
>>
>>147465475
>all these spelling errors
>implies the other guy is the agitated one
KEK
>>
>>147465771
Makes sense I guess
>>
>>147465693
>i-i'm an oldfag i swear
You sure showed me with your weeb reaction image, friend.

I don't care about your blog, save your bio for a dating site.

If you want to damage control Star Citizen further I urge you to create a general for it.

Here we are discussing Elite: Dangerous.
>>
So what's engineers like?
I have horizons but I've never touched the engineer part of it
>>
File: 1458584979959.png (40KB, 825x635px) Image search: [Google]
1458584979959.png
40KB, 825x635px
>>147465797
>/scg/ shitposter summons his orbiters to the rescue
>>
>>147461392
>>147462431
>>147462741
>>147462880
>>147463459
>>147464002
>>147464324
>>147464558
>>147464762
>>147464979
>>147465475
>>147465693
>>147465797
>>147466058
will you massive faggots stop shitting up the thread with your spergy bullshit
>>
>>147466058
>n-no please stop beating me
>j-just go to /scg/ so I can stop getting btfo
Literally not worthy of being in the same thread as the vision desu.
BRABEN PROTECTS US AND GUIDES US PEACE BE UPON HIM GLORY UNTO HIS VISAGE
>>
File: star_citizen.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
star_citizen.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>147466309
Indeed, go back to /scg/ and discuss this tech demo there with your furry friends.
>>
>>147466058
>oldfag strawman
>weeb reaction image
>Blog, dating site
>Being this mad

Maybe you should take a break and go outside. I find it funny though. You or some other fag finds it necessary to bring up SC and then cry when you get btfo'd. If you don't want the discussion, don't strawman other games in your posts and we can go back to bitching solely about ED.
>>
>>147466232
You know how powerplay was?
Its the same illconceived grind for bullshit but this time your success isnt guaranteed but left up to winning at roulette to validate your time spent. Korean grinders dont even do this.
>>
>>147466232
You wait until they come out with that "planned update" from the feedback they're getting before you even think about touching Engineers.
>>
>>147466232
it's pretty terrible right now, don't sweat it too much until https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/268658-The-Engineers-(2-1)-feedback-and-planned-updates exists

they're nice upgrades, but the effort and RNG that goes into them is not worth it at all right now
>>
>>147466387
The only thing you are able to beat is you weener.

Domination and punishment fantasies really outline your vexation tho.

>BRABEN PROTECTS US AND GUIDES US PEACE BE UPON HIM GLORY UNTO HIS VISAGE
And you just turned into full blown memespouting faggot all of the sudden.

Get a grip.
>>
>>147466551
>I SAY YOU GOT BTFO MOM TELL HIM
Keep digging that grave with your delusion and wishful thinking.
>>
>>147466309
Yeah, faggots like that apparently shit up KSP general that it got anything related autosaged.
>>
>>147466841
You dare insult a high priest of Braben?
Back the the gulag with you for reeducation. Senior disciplinary officer gluttonyfang will be looking forward to seeing you.
>>
>>147467083
Sawe some memes for later, don't throw them all at once.
>>
>>147467016
>Mom tell him

You are so mad. Let's go back to bitching about ED then, like I have been the last three days this thread has been alive. And stop bringing up other games if you cannot tolerate people calling out your memes.
>>
>>147467159
Braben blesses us with unlimited memes.
The fact you do not know this shows you are not blessed with his light and are likely a Roberts shillposter in disguise.
FRIENDS OF THE HOLY VISION AID ME IN EXCOMMUNICATING THIS HEATHEN
>>
>>147467291
>U MAD U MAD REEEEE
That's literally /b/ circa 2008. Kinda pathetic.

>people calling out your memes
Aka running damage control for Mr. Con Man for free. If you're gonna continue with that shit we'll have to deport you.
>>
>>147466551
>>147467291
We don't need your bitching about ED either. The last 3 threads hardly brought up anything new bitching-wise. It got to the point where it's tiresome.
>>
>>147467567
True, meme novice cant handle our memes with subtlety, instead runs them all into the ground like that faggot>>147467467

Time to die.
>>
Whatever happened to that pesick guy?
Did frontier stop paying him?
>>
>>147467560
>Running damage control for mr con man for free

Which con man? The one that keeps getting money for free or the one that has to rip gameplay assets that were promised for the base game and resell them as 60 dollar expansions?

>>147467567
Except there are at least four conversations at the top of this thread in which I and others are discussing about what ED gets wrong and what it should do, per norm.
>>
>>147467883
Nothing happened, he's still shilling like mad.
>>
>>147467871
The holy memes cannot be run into the ground for they are eternal.
Off with you heathen, preach your false religion elsewhere for you are not welcome in our lord's holy house.
>>
>>147467903
>has to rip gameplay assets that were promised for the base game and resell them
[citation needed]

>The one that keeps getting money for free
Yeah, that one.
>>
>>147467983
I just rarely see him mentioned anymore
>>
>>147468129
People got tired of him, even ribbitors.
>>
>>147468101
>Citation needed

Here, you can find every broken promise in here. I'm sure if you take the time to read you'll find more too.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/223142-Broken-Promises-A-Collection

And let's not forget the offline mode fiasco. In fact the first time ED went on sale that was one of the reasons why I didn't buy it. Unfortunately I had retards (that don't even play the game any more, how surprising) that convinced me to purchase the game.
>>
File: 243242342323.png (11KB, 116x121px) Image search: [Google]
243242342323.png
11KB, 116x121px
>>147468378
>le fourchin sekrit club xd
This guy.

I'm asking you what exact promised content they ripped and now selling for money.

What you linked is a bunch of info from old DDA.

Things change during dev proces. Shocker.
>>
>>147468787
>le fourchin sekrit club xd

Nigger what?

>things change during dev process
>Accuses me of damage control
>Proceeds to damage control

How deliciously hypocritical of you.
>>
File: 1457503035117.jpg (59KB, 896x921px) Image search: [Google]
1457503035117.jpg
59KB, 896x921px
>>147468787
>>147469190
Both of you just fuck off please so we can go back to comfy VISION and dad posting
>>
>>147469190
>i associate with sekrit forchin meme club avatar
Chicken butt.

>YOUR CRITICISMS OF SC ARE MEEMS
>proceeds to criticise ED with literal memes
>no proofs
Same to you, fagmo.
>>
>>147469469
>stop talking so we can parrot more funnay myhms
>>
I tried mining for about an hour and hated it.

Is it possible to scan things to see what ore it has? Is there a better way to collect my tiny space chunks?
>>
>>147469608
I've been baited by a /b/ poster this whole time. How silly of me. Enjoy having the final post with your ironic shitposting.
>>
>>147469890

Limpets, limpets, limpets.

Get collector and prospector limpets. Fire prospectors at rocks and target them, it will tell them what you'll mine from that particular asteroid, and launch collector limpets to collect fragments you mine.
>>
>>147469890
Of course it's possible. How new?
>>
>>147469890
What ship did you try it in?
>>
Still in my sidewinder, considering buying an Adder. Should I hold out for a Cobra?

I haven't really specialized yet, but I'd like something a bit more capable in a fight if I want to bounty hunt or something.
>>
>>147470521
>I'd like something a bit more capable in a fight if I want to bounty hunt or something
You can literally steal kills from cops in RES and get your Cobra within an hour.
>>
>>147470767
Yeah, mate. Can't wait to yiff in this wonderful group with other furries and meme kids.
>>
File: 1c.jpg (91KB, 490x274px) Image search: [Google]
1c.jpg
91KB, 490x274px
Just a friendly reminder that it's time to stop having lulz at each other's expense and return to our scheming:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Don't forget to poke around line 200. This is where you can suggest faction name and lore or read some player faction FAQs.
>>
>>147470521
The Adder is shit. There is no reason to use it. You can earn enough money quickly enough to A rate a Viper mk III/IV and from then on you have a competent ship. Hell, I was even going to 17 Draconis to grind the stupid fucking federation ranks back then in that thing.
>>
>>147471092
>>147470767
>strawpoll clearly shows people want anarchy
>memesters still push their vintage cult of vision memes
Pidorashka pls.
>>
>>147471183
Type doesn't influence faction description, it can be anything. Feel free to write your own.
>>
>>147471590
That's kinda obvious. How a cult, especially with that memetastic description can be an anarchy?

>Feel free to write your own.
Edgy. Space. Pirates.

There, that's enough.
>>
spess
>>
>>147474047

Spessdaddy?~~
>>
so who here is going to defect to the Russians when they enter power play?
>>
>>147475901
Depends on what their bonuses are, but I'm considering it
>>
>>147475901
I will play powerplay earnestly whenever FD puts them into the game
>>
>>147411271
>spinning the camera around your ship

This isn't a thing in ED, eh?
First time I saw this pasta before I owned the game it didn't have that pic and I almost believed it
almost
>>
File: image.jpg (752KB, 1920x3221px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
752KB, 1920x3221px
Would love for Aisling to shit in my mouth.

Handcuffed to the bed.
Starved for days.
VISION blacking out
Mouth painfully dry.

Aisling finally comes back to me. She pours water on my face. I look hideous with my hair flattened.
She squats over me. She still wears her sweet summer dress. Feminine. No panties. I see her pussy hovering above my belly button. What's about to happen? Hopeful. Eye contact. She isn't smiling. Her anal muscles start twitching. Her pussy is reddish, a little beat up. Her anal muscles are more important just now. She gasps. Her anus opens about the size of a 50p coin. A brown chunky sits in it. More pulsing of the anal muscles. The chunky starts to slide out. The smell is vile and it sends my penis flying.
An inch ouch, 2 inches, it cracks and falls. 2 inches of chud on my abs. More pushing. The other one is coming out. 1 inch, 2 inch. It's pearly brown. Bright golden brown like you'd see on a vivid TV screen. Explosion. It all shoots out at once. The second hard chud hits me on the belly button, longer than the first. This one is covered in slime.
Aisling exhales powerfully.
She moves from her squatting position on her feet to a straddle position on her knees. Her pussy against my shining cock.
Picking up the chud. "You have to eat this. I'll give you some free merits but you have to eat this first; all of it."
>>
File: 35756735757.gif (123KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
35756735757.gif
123KB, 480x270px
>>147478169
I feel violated
>>
>>147478169
Now, do one with Torval.
>>
>>147451954

butthurt because got killed again. stupid game
>>
File: 1429363955671.gif (2MB, 319x238px) Image search: [Google]
1429363955671.gif
2MB, 319x238px
Guys I think it's time we return to our slumber and let this general die again. Soon these threads will be nothing but 100% pure shitposting.
>>
>>147479328
Hahaha soon he says
>>
>>147479328
I agree but meme boys need their shitposting playgrounds more than dads need their cucksheds.
>>
>>147479328
Did he die?
>>
>>147480086
He was already dead
>>
File: 1396541210936.jpg (92KB, 900x461px) Image search: [Google]
1396541210936.jpg
92KB, 900x461px
>>147480086
Yes but his skeleton lives on
>>
Imagine being an employee at Frontier and having to be all like "damn, David Braben, your game is fuckin' fine, all out good with engaging activities and no grind at all. Totally my favorite game, I say that as both a game designer and gamer." when all he really wants is to play fun games and work for developers with real budget. Like seriously imagine having to be the employee there and not only have to pretend to like this mess of a game, play it, and just sit there, pretend to enjoy it, hour after hour, while Braben is watching you. Not only having to tolerate game's disgusting fucking engineer design and farm mats for hours straight to show off your progress but also hear every dad in forum say STILL GOT IT and DAMN, BRABEN YOUR IDEAS ARE STILL HOT AND RELEVANT!! because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch him strut around with his disgusting smile around the office; never before have you seen man with no talent sitting this high in the gaming industry. You've been fucking nothing but a casual dad, playing only few hours a week the ENTIRE TIME flying exclusively your shitty Cobra Mk3. You've never seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can feel your brain melting playing this game as Braben claps you on your shoulder saying "good job" thinking he's a good boss for giving you the opportunity to play this "video game" at work and get paid dimes and just sit there and marvel in his "majesty"(that's what he calls himself). And then the programmers come over for future updates, and you know you could eviscerate every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're that guy who dreamt to develop video games. You're not going to lose your career over this. Just bear it. Hide your shame and bear it.
>>
>>147480929
Those suits are hermetically sealed. There would be zero decomposition since no bacteria could survive in space or get in the suit.

He'd be perfectly preserved.
>>
>>147481064
Well meme'd, dude. Keep the shitposting fire alive.
>>
>>147481092
What if I told you there's bacteria inside of your digestive system RIGHT NOW
>>
>>147481092
Other than the bacteria we carry with us always?
>>
>>147481319
>>147481339
Your gut flora don't eat you, they eat the things that you eat in order to aid in digestion.
>>
I saw David Braben at a grocery store. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didnā€™t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him to work on his game or anything.

He said, ā€œOh, like youā€™re doing now?ā€

I was taken aback, and all I could say was ā€œHuh?ā€ but he kept cutting me off and going ā€œhuh? huh? huh?ā€ and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen coffee packs in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like ā€œSir, you need to pay for those first.ā€ At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the pack and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually ā€œto prevent any system bugsā€ and then turned around and winked at me. I donā€™t even think thatā€™s a word. After she scanned each pack and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by saying "VISION" really loudly.
>>
File: 345636464.jpg (87KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
345636464.jpg
87KB, 970x545px
>>147482149
>>
>>147481513
I dont know mang. My body is always trying to eat itself. Sometimes i sit on the toilet so long im sure a shit demon will attack at any moment.

So did they say if you could drag a friend with you in a cargo bay.....or is it just drones? Any inkling?
>>
File: 1459011536857.jpg (18KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1459011536857.jpg
18KB, 250x249px
I don't want the general to slumber again
>>
>>147482149
Just remember, Braben invented the Raspberry Pi and thus modern miniature computing.
>>
>>147482532
Holy shit i didn't know this
It explains so many things
>>
>>147431336

Basic refills take the most common mats in the game.
>>
what's next for this game? i haven't played in a year, back when they added the srv shit. how is it coming along?
>>
>>147486113

We have had one "expansion" for horizons since then, it's heavily based around RNG.
>>
>>147486113
Badly, each update seems to make the game less fun
>>
>>147486383
>>147486247

that's really disappointing. the tech behind this game is incredible but the game mechanics just aren't fun. seriously regretting my purchase of premium beta. the game looked so promising in beta though.
>>
>>147486704
Of course it did.
>>
>>147486704
Elite is easily one of my favorite games of all time based on the potential. I love how the texh behind the game and I love space, I just wish they would maake it actually fun to play. I have 600+ hours and I feel like I've done the same handful of boring tasks over and over again. JUST MAKE THE GAME FUN FRONTIER PLEASE.
>>
>>147486704

As much as we shit on it, we wouldn't be coming back time and time again if we didn't love this game deep down. I've seen so many generals come and go because games just turn out to be hot garbage but all of us always come back to Elite and end up reinstalling it after saying we'll never play it again. Elite holds a very special place in my heart.
>>
File: 20160704233811_1.jpg (311KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160704233811_1.jpg
311KB, 1920x1080px
Does it matter what class and rating hatch breaker limpet I use? I bought this piece of shit and I intend on fucking using it.
>>
>>147455012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w34fSnJNP-4
>>
What's the best way to grind rank for each faction other that donations?
>>
>>147490392
Not sure about fed, but if you've got Horizons for imp head to Shu Babassi and stack the missions at the station and outpost.
>>
File: 20160705044151_1.jpg (216KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20160705044151_1.jpg
216KB, 1920x1200px
>>147477572
>First time I saw this pasta before I owned the game it didn't have that pic and I almost believed it
It's definitely possible to move your camera around, and it's rather quick in this videos. But on xbone controller it feels sluggish.

Certainly wasn't able to spin it around to the nose before the hyperjump on my overheating iCourier.
>>
>>147490735
Thanks
How long would I have to do that for to get the rank required for a cutter?
>>
>>147490886
>in this video
https://youtu.be/rKHwUATTz5A?t=6m (timed link)
>>
>>147489626
>>147490886

I want to love the iCourier, but DbS just seems to far more useful because of it's superior jump range and maneuverability.

Shields and aesthetics aside what keeps you flying that ship?
>>
>>147490912
I managed Baron for Clipper in about two to three days, not sure how long Cutter would take and I don't intend to find out any time soon. Another player I met said at Earl it takes about 20 missions for 5%.
>>
File: is this in OP.png (7KB, 498x183px) Image search: [Google]
is this in OP.png
7KB, 498x183px
>>147490886
Well I meant that I believed that pasta in general, but I thought in a recent thread anons were talking about how you were the pilot not the ship as some lame excuse to not have that feature, so I was confused.
It was in all the other Elite games I've played so I assumed it was, but vision being everything that it is one never truly knows.
And this general is light on images, thanks for posting yours.
>>
>>147458785

It's Maia B ffs that thing is tiny and unimpressive, go right the fuck into the exclusion zone and get some real screenshots.
>>
>>147487236
How does one play for 600 hours and then come back to complain that it's not fun. Do you have something wrong with your brain?

Is that the secret to this game? It appeals to literal autists?
>>
>>147466524

>star citizen is just going to be an even more broken version of space engineers

screencap this
>>
>>147495362
Get fucked faglord. Space Engineers is actually fun.
>>
>>147495032
It's the closest thing to Space Engine with gameplay for me.
>>
>>147495506
The fuck does that have do with anything? You played a game that's not fun for 600 hours. There is something fundamentally wrong with you.
>>
>>147495825
I wasn't that guy but SE literally has no gameplay and i enjoy it, same applies to ED but i wish it were better.
>>
Currently travelling to Sothis on an ASP Scout to get quick bux, is there too much ganking there?
>>
>>147497336
>Ganking
There's no ganking in solo friend.
>>
>>147471986
I doubt ftroop will approve a three word description. Should probably be a little longer and roleplay-y
>>
>tfw game ate my sothis missions again

This seems to be a thing now, I've seen several inmates at the gulag complaining about it.
>>
File: tmp_2384-14675790155871228675985.png (197KB, 1559x803px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2384-14675790155871228675985.png
197KB, 1559x803px
>wasting the entire summer on grinding
>>
>le epin forum poster avatar man
>>
>>147501676
>>147502545
>>147503654

(You)
>>
>10m smuggling mission
>>
WE. ARE.
dying...
>>
>>147505168
less than 250 replies to die of natural causes. I hope this thread doesn't young like the others
>>
>>147505310

Last thread lasted for like 700 posts.
>>
>>147505445
We cry about DEAD when in reality we are only dead for when another timezone is sleeping.

And I can only really be active here when I'm not at work during the days, like right now.
>>
Braben, save us...
>>
>>147508619
Not even Braben can save us now.
>>
>>147509175

But you're here!

Tell me about your plans/ambitions in-game. Grinding for a module or ship?
>>
No man's sky in one month
Soon I shall be free from the vision.
>>
>>147509248
Well, when I get back into the swing of grinding, I was thinking about shooting for a python pirate build and YOHOHOing it up at hauling community goals.
>>
>>147509248
Not him, but I have no hopes for this game and don't think it will ever get better. "Potential" meme needs to die, the core game is too archaic and rigid and devs too incompetent and delusional too allow any significant changes fir the better.

I just play actually fun games and funpost here when I'm at work. I don't care if this general lives or dies since the discussions here became circular and memes became stale.
>>
>>147509668
I just listened to some youtuber talk about what went wrong with elite.
Or he tried to really, the bulk of his argument I got was that it's ok if it never improves because it's a dad game, and dad's are fine with it because nostalgia and taking care of their wife's kids.
>>
>>147509773
And he's actually right sadly. You guys simply have problems letting go.

It will never even come close to what we want and will always be a train wreck of half assed ideas untill the servers shut down and dads go back to oolite.
>>
>>147509501
no online mode.
>>>/trash/

Did they talked about the future of the game ?
Engineers are trash tier but there is still an update to come. What will it be about. And what about the next one ?
>>
>>147510338
There's a rough dev map right on their store page since the release of Horizons.

Next on the line are useless launched fighters along with renaming bio waste canisters to "passengers ", then it's avatar creator in a game where your face is always covered by a helmet and multicrew with no ability to actually walk around the ship. Then it's repurposing assets like powerplay and conflict zones for evil alien invasion.
>>
>>147510338
It's sad when a single player game will get more elements right than elite, including a universe that doesn't feel dead as fuck.

Every elite update will be garbage, and will have to be fixed after the fact because they have a bunch of chucklefucks designing them. But the dads eagerly await the entire expansions dedicated to fixing their fuckups because it just adds another opportunity to support their nostalgia coffin.
>>
>>147509596

Good on ya. I'm using my Sothconda to gather enough spessdosh to A-rate my Python, and then go on to A-rate a separate Anaconda.

>>147509668
>>147509773
>>147510058
>>147510338

Next big thing is supposedly multicrew. After that it's their "mystery surprise" aka Ayy Lmaos. Later still are the space legs, which probably won't be until the next season.

Depending on how FD handles multicrew, I'll at least stick around to get jewed into paying full price (again) for legs.
>>
Calling it right now
Anaconda won't be able to use fighter bay without sacrificing its class 7 slot.
>>
>>147510937
I'm surprised they'd dedicate an entire expansion to multicrew when a good portion of the playerbase doesn't give a fuck about it.
If I were them I'd push an expansion dedicated to fixing engineers and powerplay, and package multicrew with space legs since it seems retarded to have multicrew without an ability to walk around the fucking ships.
>>
>>147511010

That's a given. More importantly, it will probably also buttfuck your jump range.
>>
>>147511010
>>147511198
>Forum posts telling frontier fighter bays are worthless when you have to sacrifice most of your defensive capacity and jump range to use them
>Dads defend with DUDE ROLEPLAY LMAO
>>
>>147495825
I've played for over 2k hours and I tell myself I had fun.
>>
>>147511091

It's not an entire expansion, just a part of the current one. I also forgot that ship launched fighters slot in there somewhere too.
>>
>>147510937
>getting excited for fps gimmick in a space sim
Oh yeah, can't wait to land on a planet walk around for a couple of minutes and then realise that everything goes faster than you and you'll need days to actually get anywhere. Also, can't wait to explore static and cramped ship interiors or the same space station dungeon copy pasted million tumes along the bubble. I mean it worked so well in Rebirth innit.
>>
>>147511427
Rebirth tried to be deus ex for some retarded reason.

Walking in elite could lead to something great, like bars and common areas where people could gather in stations, but everyone knows eve tried to do this, and the dads don't want elite to be eve. Lord knows Frontier couldn't even pull it off if they tried.
>>
>>147511552
>walking in elite can turn into something great
>like more useless rp immurshun shit instead of improving the core game experience
You retards truly deserve this shit game.
>>
The enhanced thrusters make the eagle un targetable by fixed weapons. It flies like a star citizen ship.
>>
>>147511729
That's far down the road m8. There's a difference between wanting something after all the shit has been fixed, and wanting it right now.

The irony is that frontier is going to repeat the CCP incarna debacle at this pace. And the dads won't realize how exactly elite is mirroring eve until someone recounts the Incarna story and posts screenshots on the forums.

>CCP releases incarna, a whole expansion of nothing but pretty avatars and walking in a space apartment
>entire community up in arms over no content
>Frontier releases avatar and legs expansion.
>No other content
You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>147512094
>far down the road
M8 the headline feature of the next season will be fps simply because flashy shit like that sells dlc not a layer of atmosphere over the same barren planets.
Don't see how it won't be tacked on broken garbage at this point. But it doesn't matter sunce dads will be happy with Second Life: Dangerous and an ability to rp Han Solo in a dedicated "spacebar" location #1443265

I myself can't wait to *wink* at strangers and *yiff in the background*!
>>
>>147512779
I'm disagreeing with the timing of the content, not the content itself.

If Elite was unironically a perfect game I'd welcome avatars and walking, pointless roleplaying shit. It's far from perfect though.
>>
>>147512883
Are you ready to buy clothes for your character from the FD store that cost more than your irl clothes?

I bet that's exactly what will happen.
>>
>>147513029
I can't wait to preorder the gluttonyfang fursuit.
>>
File: Space-Exploration-Map.jpg (2MB, 3000x2077px) Image search: [Google]
Space-Exploration-Map.jpg
2MB, 3000x2077px
bump for spess
>>
>tfw space games are dead and nothing will bring them back
>>
File: 1464384747681.jpg (36KB, 372x372px) Image search: [Google]
1464384747681.jpg
36KB, 372x372px
>>147478169
>>147478169
jesus
I dont want to see /edg/ become the next /kspg/

please for the love of vision,
stop and let it die
>>
>>147511749
Explain.
>>
File: 14786546546546.jpg (68KB, 498x540px) Image search: [Google]
14786546546546.jpg
68KB, 498x540px
>>147513136
Good, good.
>>
>>147515142

Daddy? Daddyyyyy? Daddykins~~~ Mister snugglebutts bon bon has gotten booboo ouchies on his pythondiaper~~
>>
>>147516779
I unironically think you are the worst faggot in this thread. Do you actually think you are funny or something?

At least get a trip so I can filter you.
>>
>>147517125
+rep
>>
>>147517125
#rekt
>>
>>147519009
>I'm the only reason this thread survived earlier today.
Oh wow, we should be grateful for your gay shitposting helping to keep this thread afloat?

I rather see it die along with (you), assclown.
>>
File: vision intensifies.png (131KB, 534x549px) Image search: [Google]
vision intensifies.png
131KB, 534x549px
>>147516779
a fate that is worse than death
>>
>>147517125
>>147518145
>>147518649
>>147519178

Yall so mad you could star on MADtv xD
>>
File: ded inside.png (312KB, 501x510px) Image search: [Google]
ded inside.png
312KB, 501x510px
>someone pretend to be happy for me
>>
>>147520514
>Trade/Combat Elite
>Both piss easy to exploit

Come back with Exploration and I'll let you buy me a beer.
>>
>dads STILL thinking that bruteforcing their shitty group into powerplay will get ftroop to improve the exploration of the game
>when powerplay is still fucking broken and practically abandoned
>when Distant Worlds already came and went and ftroop didnt do anything to exploration

I have never seen mental gymnastics on this scale before.
>>
>>147521106
It seems so assbackwards they expect that to happen, but man do I wish exploration to get something to at least make it compelling or interesting. Right now it's just fucking waiting. Waiting for a progress bar to finish, or waiting for the scanning to finish. No interesting anomalies or events. Fucking nothing.

I won't ever consider doing it until they make it interesting cause it doesn't even pay. Elite trading is over 1 billion credits. Elite exploration is a squinty 160 million. You can't even A-Rank a Python with that.

Fuck. Also, why does ANYONE care about powerplay when the whole mechanic is fucked and put on the backburner indefinitely until everything else has been worked with.
>>
>>147521106
Why they need to improve exploration anyway?

Just use your IMAGINATION, as they always say.
>>
>>147520514
Grats anon
>>
>>147520629
I am a self-loathing autist, as is everyone who still plays this shit game, but even I don't hate myself enough to grind Exploration Elite. Holy shit.
>>
>exploring galaxy
>scanning and probing planets
>surface anomality detected
>land and see ruins on some civilization
>able to go inside temples in SRV or even by walking
>get and return data
>HUGE bonus for being first one to discover this and galaxy wide news about the location so others can check it out
>none of this will happen
>>
File: RIGHT ON.jpg (216KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
RIGHT ON.jpg
216KB, 894x894px
>>147520514
>>
>>147523805

>they add launch probes to scan individual planets and add a huge bonus to their payoff if you find good planets
>probes are one use only
>>
>>147523805
I wouldn't go inside temples, did you miss that anon's story?
>>
>>147524048
Well in that case it would make sense. You wouldn't use a lightweight probe a lot if you send it to a planet, especially one that has an atmosphere.

Having drones that fuck up after 30 seconds and are unrecoverable on the other hand is bs.
>>
>btfo'ing dads
feels good
I wish I could see how many times I've been reported
>>
>>147524724
>tfw literally the only joy left to be found in this game is seal clubbing in eravate
>>
>tfw takes forever to find a merchant with valuable cargo to destroy and rob
FDev must drop groups and solo play at once.
>>
2 C1G Beams, 1 C1 and 2 C2 Railguns or 3 C1G beams and the 2 C2 railguns for a Dadbra Mk IV?
>>
>>147528998
the best build for dadbra 4 is to sell it, it's a flying coffin
>>
>>147528998
Why would you ever fly that piece of shit?
>>
>>147529095
>>147529125
I wanna give it a fair shake before I junk it to fund my Python. And I want to tell some dads to stand and deliver with it for kicks.

Also it has better hardpoint placement than the Mk III.
>>
>>147491516
Nothing, that screenshot's from last year. I flew it for all of an hour or two before I got tired of its shitty hardpoint placement and crappier than I expected maneuvering.

Now I fly DBS and FAS.
>>
File: 20160703041021_1.jpg (348KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20160703041021_1.jpg
348KB, 1920x1200px
>>147491516
Nothing anymore. At some point of grinding data courier missions, I've noticed a bunch of cargo ones that paid better and used unshielded Type-6 for them: >>147446197 (and before). Sold it to take iCourier back to Felicity.

Then I had an evening full of interdicts (and learned the pain others expressed), won some fights, ran from a few, survived but had rather bad experience with how fast NPC regains shield and keeps their ship easily pointed at mine almost all the timeā€”but eventually I started to learn how to FA-off.

With a rather small jump range, tiny cargo capacity and mediocre fight capability (it doesn't like any extra weight), iCourier is disappointing. I'm facing the choice of finishing the grind for a Clipper, switching back to DBS or Vulture or returning to my ASPe parked at engineer's to kit it out for combat. Or, if I sell aspie and icourier, I'll have enough spacebux to A-rate Orca and fly without a rebuy.

But I'll keep the iCourier for experiments: strip it down and put enhanced thrusters on it to, perhaps, turn it into a weird planetary explorer that gets around POIs FAST.

>>147492154
I regret keeping that bandwidth thing on as it borders with stupid watermarkers. Also gonna try that hi-res screenshot thing once FDev griefs me into solo again.

>>147511256
ROLEPLAY is getting from the Earth to the Moon without friendship drive.

>>147520514
Congrats on that, comandante!
>>
Just to clarify: >>147529721 and >>147530081 are >>147489626 and >>147490886 respectfully.
>>
File: vision.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
vision.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>waiting for FD to release the Engi fixes so I can play again
>>
File: surely there will be content.jpg (76KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
surely there will be content.jpg
76KB, 638x480px
>>147535189
>tfw waiting for any remotely interesting, meaningful, and/or persistent content to be added
>>
>>147512779
>>147512883
There's one thing about adding spacelegs and avatars to E:D that I'm cautiously hopeful for: if these get added for m-muh arrpee, it MIGHT get some dads to come out of their Solo hugboxes to actually see people.
>>
>>147537128
I forgot to say why that's a good thing. It means more people around and more dads to gank.

Also, imagine for a bit

>be on station
>see some dad fucking around
>follow him into a dark corner and hit him with the the space Armalite
>now have cops on your ass as you try to bug out of the station before ATC gets wind of it and activates the defenses on your ass
Thread posts: 579
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.