[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 771
Thread images: 139

File: RxN-SuperImmoral.png (126KB, 289x403px) Image search: [Google]
RxN-SuperImmoral.png
126KB, 289x403px
Immoral edition

>Stellaris OP:
http://pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
https://mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
http://pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
[YouTube] Civilization 6 - Official Announcement Trailer

>More info on Civ VI:
http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Sucked dry by Catherine: >>147150967
>>
>>147319567
Asking aging

I just went back to my Stellaris game after the latest patch, and HOLY SHIT what happened to energy? I went from +350 to +170, and now going to war with any of my fleets results in huge negatives. I dont have the most optimized empire, but I am totally stalled now. I am 20 worlds away from victory and idk if I can do this now.
>>
>>147319567
>>147319591
rude faggot
>>
>>147319558
>I just went back to my Stellaris game after the latest patch, and HOLY SHIT what happened to energy? I went from +350 to +170, and now going to war with any of my fleets results in huge negatives. I dont have the most optimized empire, but I am totally stalled now. I am 20 worlds away from victory and idk if I can do this now.
I have no idea where energy comes from to begin with. Doesn't really feel like it's adding up.

I think they did something with it, due to increase of number of planets one can control.
>>
>>147319640
Didn't they raise maintenance costs
>playing cross-patches
baka
>>
File: it's over Anakin.jpg (333KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
it's over Anakin.jpg
333KB, 1920x1080px
reminder
>>
>>147319728
they slashed the happiness bonus on resources because REASONS

it made lots of traits worthless. now anything past the bare minimum to not get resource malus is essentially effort wasted. endgame is even more dependent on pure energy planets now that you just need enough tech to get lances and generator tech to support the fleet upkeep.
>>
>>147320319
>having the high ground means you win
I can think of four or five ways to beat someone camping on high ground without even trying.
>>
>>147320762
their high ground game is obviously not up to par then
>>
>>147320917
If their high ground game is too up to par that's a threat in and of itself - they can't get down easily.
>>
>>147320968
high ground masters are only a danger to those whom attempt to push them off
>>
>>147321279
>being this bad at war
Look at the world type and colonization sequence, it's his newest colony and the weakest one at that. I don't need to push him off the High ground. I just need to isolate him and let him starve if he intends to just hold the 'high ground'.
>>
File: 1467207757710.jpg (207KB, 1040x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1467207757710.jpg
207KB, 1040x1014px
Waifu
>>
What are good ethics now? I've been doing Fanatic pacifist + spiritualist - but not being able to wage offensive wars and getting negative penalty for it trying to make federation kinda makes it useless.
>>
>>147322002
t. bong
10/10 in Britain got meme'd to life
>>
File: Fuckoff.png (4MB, 1902x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckoff.png
4MB, 1902x1047px
On a hill now bastards.
>>
>>147322206
>>147321390
>>147321279
>>147320968
>>147320917
>>147320762
>>147320319
Why the fuck did this stupid high ground meme even catch on? Was it from some meme movie scene or some shit? Like yes, it gives you a massive advantage, but not unconditionally and certainly has its counters.
>>
>>147322002
>weak jawline from inbreeding
>unhealthy pasty skin
>no tits
>man hands

0/10
>>
>>147322298
>Expecting people to break the first and second rules of memeclub to explain shit too you

newfag plz go
>>
>>147322689
I just don't watch movies period.
>>
>>147322727
You don't watch memes either, clearly
>>
>>147322925
Seeing as it seems to have literally no basis...
>>
In Kursk, the soviets had the high ground which is why the germans lost.

Never underestimate high ground.
>>
Here's hoping that Obama is added as a civ leader for the US
>>
>>147323145
Are they doing multiple leaders again? It seemed like it from the way the unique stuff and abilities were described, but I wasn't sure
>>
>>147323093
>assaulting the fucking high ground
Only when that's a crucial step in your plan, you literally can't afford to wait, or when you're dead out of options should that be done it's like storming a city - fucking suicidal.
>>
>>147323234
Pretty sure they are
>>
>>147323234
There's separate Faction and Leader abilities although we've only seen one leader for each country so far
Expect DLC
>>
>>147323145
>Strongest personality
>Obama
What the fuck, US had much more important leaders with stronger personality
>>
>>147323376
>he doesn't want memes
It's a shame Trump isn't in it, it'd be fucking hilarious just because of how extremist he can be.
>>
>>147323376
>first black president
>first president to get a nobel peace prize
He's pretty much a good candidate all around
>>
File: 1464728716412.gif (1MB, 292x323px) Image search: [Google]
1464728716412.gif
1MB, 292x323px
>>147323503
>>
>>147323581
Better than most american civ leaders use until now, that's for sure.
>>
>>147323503
>first black president
Why is this relevant for either personality or significance over even a meme like Kennedy?
>noble peace prize
Literally means less than 2400 on the SAT, it's pure politics. He LITERALLY was awarded it on his word before he actually did anything.
>>
>>147323681
>Why is this relevant
Because it is and it adds some variety for the american civ rooster.

>Literally means less
Means more than anything you will ever achieve. It's a big achievement in international politics, which in itself should qualify him.
>>
File: 1332886019926.jpg (58KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
1332886019926.jpg
58KB, 385x385px
>>147323681
Ugh, I hate going down the Yellow Bait Road with you, but...Cleopatra was far from one of the greatest Egyptian leadeers. She was just picked for two reasons.
A To shoehorn in more female leaders(the male to female ratio for the initial leader offerings will be fifty fifty or close to it)
B It gave an interesting unique AI personality to program
Cleopatra was far from a great Egyptian leader in the grand scheme of things...she's just famous and interesting.
>>
>>147323869
We already established that for Civ VI leaders, Firaxis wanted "large personalities"

Cleopatra fits. Whether or not she's a "great" leader is mostly irrelevant
>>
>>147323307
That can be good, I guess. So this time we can have Dido and Hannibal as both rulers, or Theodora and Basil. Makes me wonder which leaders we'll get for each civs
>>
>>147323761
>Because it is
Race is now a matter of importance in and of itself, enough to qualify the man over people who actually did something like Nixon, Reagan, both Roosevelts, Washington, Jackson, and Lincoln?
>adds some variety
There's plenty of variety even if I just choose three biggies: Lincoln, Hamilton (technically not a leader, but pretty close) and Reagan. Three giants in American History.
>means more than
Completely irrelevant, if a country leader's accomplishments were less noteworthy than an average sophomore uni student he should consider suicide.
And no it REALLY isn't enough to warrant being included over actual giants important in history, and more importantly to include any very modern leader is foolish because we haven't truly felt the repercussions of their leadership.

>>147323869
Yeah except I'm pretty sure someone like Teddy or Lincoln was both relevant AND famous. Cleopatra had female (diversity), fame, and personality on her side, Obama has none of those besides being black for "diversity".
>>
>>147323503
Theodore Roosevelt isn't black
>>
>>147323967
>who actually did something like Nixon
>someone known for being a crook is more important than nobel winner
wew

>There's plenty of variety
It adds some for the US

>Completely irrelevant,
Completely relevant

>I'm pretty sure someone like Teddy or Lincoln was both relevant AND famous
So is Obama
>>
>>147324023
Obama is famous because we live in his era, nothing more. The history books will consign him to the likes of Johnson and Polk
>>
>>147323967
Yeah , clearly Obama is a bait suggestion.
So, Russia will deffo be Cathy,will mexico be in the iniital offering with Monty? Will Nappy come back for France? I would normally say it is a certainty, but after seeing them oust Nobu for Hojo, I am not sure of their criterion....
I assume civ tradition ensures Gandhi's place as nuclear warmonger.
>>
>>147324016
I know, I'm talking about Obama. Granted, Teddy got a peace prize, Obama is much more capable than he is.

>>147324065
Cool opinion.
>>
>>147324023
>someone known for being a crook is more important than nobel winner
Is Watergate ALL you know Nixon for? Not detente with China or something?

>adds some for the US
Do you define variety as only their skin color? Because now that's fucking racist, I thought we were judging off personality and ability?

>So is Obama
Because he's literally still in charge right now and we haven't had enough time to truly judge him. He doesn't have a distinctive personality either.

>>147324102
Russia is that insane saint or some shit iirc, Cathy and Peter could be DLC
Nappy has an insane force of will so if it isn't him it's probably Phillipe II "Augustus" or either Loius XI / Loius XIV
>>
>>147324102
Monty and Gandhi were mentioned in a interview i think
>>
>>147324149
>literally defending the crook
I'm being baited, fuck this
>>
>>147324112
>Granted, Teddy got a peace prize, Obama is much more capable than he is.
You're going to have to back up this claim you baiting nigga, or I hope it's bait.
By the way, you're still wrong: Obama wasn't the first to get the Peace Prize, and we have had no time to truly judge his leadership.

>>147324197
>le crook
I bet you think Qin shouldn't be in either for his atrocities
Oh wait Wu did it too
Like Catherine huh
Oh but so did Isabella and Harald Bluetooth
Wew I think Bismarck wasn't a very nice guy

I'm being baited
>>
>>147324149
>>147324170
Insane Saint? Not Rasputin? I mean, he's interesting but hardly a epic and formative leader of Russia...honestly, Ivan the Terrible would be the best choice.
I sure hope Genghis and Shaka are kept in the roster . Wouldn't be the same without them.
>>
>>147324102
The thing with Monty is, if I'm not wrong there are multiple Monties, I think in Civ V we had the 3rd one but the other games had 4th? Whatever, we're probably going to have at least one of them

I'd also say Napoleon is in for certain if there are actually more than one leaders, did any other military based leaders of France have stronger personality than him?
>>
>>147324280
No it's not Rasputin, it's the girl who was OP last thread known for basically setting a city on fire all at once
>>
File: leslavface.png (228KB, 372x431px) Image search: [Google]
leslavface.png
228KB, 372x431px
>>147324294
Oh , god, pleaaase bring back multiple leaders for Civs. Pleeaassee....
>>147324308
In my opinion, if you have to go on a wiki crawl to find out who the leader was, it's a fail choice.
>>
>>147324308
That reminds me.
Nero for Rome when?
>>
>>147322298
only high grounders can understand. You are still a padawan I see
>>
>>147324294
Imagine the butthurt if they made Charlemagne leader for France.
>>
>>147324149
Peter I was euphoric before it was cool, troll of high caliber, drunken fratboy and pretended to be a working class man to steal Dutch trade secrets. What is Catherine's claim to fame other then reputation for promiscuity?
>>
>>147324367
>In my opinion, if you have to go on a wiki crawl to find out who the leader was, it's a fail choice.
Eh whatever I kind of agree but they're going for personality as opposed to notability so...
Personally it sounds like a good excuse to just shove girls and minorities in.

>>147324401
Charlemagne qualifies to be leader of the EU
>Merkel / Charlie
>Merkel has a special line preaching religious tolerance
>Charlie has a reply saying to kill 4000 saxon men
>>
>>147324431
>What is Catherine's claim to fame other then reputation for promiscuity?
Well seeing as they're going for personality, being an insane hyperslut who literally fucked her rebellious court into submission sounds good if only for our token slut.
I bet that saint whatever is going to be literally a goddamn walking inquisition though, it wouldn't surprise me if she immediately declared holy war on you if you had another religion....or remained non-religious for too long after meeting her.
>>
>>147324515
>sounds good if only for our token slut.
we already have cleopatra though
>>
>>147324515
So she's going to be Isabella of Civ VI? Jesus, I hated Isabella in Civ VI. She sends like thousands of missionaries a day
>>
>>147324548
I'm almost certain they'll go for the Strong Women route for Cleo since her legend basically has her telling Augustus that she's not going to remain a vassal no matter how tasty his dick is.

>>147324563
No I doubt she'll stop at Isabella's tier
I mean we're talking about a girl whose literal claim to fame was getting sainted for being a convert to Christ and an incredibly brutal one at that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev
>The Drevlians sent twenty of their best men to persuade Olga to marry their Prince Mal and give up her rule of Kievan Rus. She had them buried alive. Then she sent word to Prince Mal that she accepted the proposal, but required their most distinguished men to accompany her on the journey in order for her people to accept the offer of marriage. The Drevlians sent their best men who governed their land. Upon their arrival, she offered them a warm welcome and an invitation to clean up after their long journey in a bathhouse. After they entered, she locked the doors and set fire to the building, burning them alive.
>

Now Olga gave to each soldier in her army a pigeon or a sparrow, and ordered them to attach by thread to each pigeon and sparrow a piece of sulfur bound with small pieces of cloth. When night fell, Olga bade her soldiers release the pigeons and the sparrows. So the birds flew to their nests, the pigeons to the cotes, and the sparrows under the eaves. The dove-cotes, the coops, the porches, and the haymows were set on fire. There was not a house that was not consumed, and it was impossible to extinguish the flames, because all the houses caught on fire at once. The people fled from the city, and Olga ordered her soldiers to catch them. Thus she took the city and burned it, and captured the elders of the city. Some of the other captives she killed, while some she gave to others as slaves to her followers. The remnant she left to pay tribute.[3]
The bitch is insane.
>>
File: Winning.png (4MB, 1902x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Winning.png
4MB, 1902x1047px
And the turn after everyone but Kithra was killed by spectres.
>>
>>147324668
>Queen of the Nile (Egypt): Cleopatra will respect someone with a strong military, but despise someone without one.
Sounds like the fucking slut of the game to me.
>>
>>147324668
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev
>this entire article
Well I mean
She's not widely-known but there's no doubt whatsoever she was capable as all fuck and had an incredibly strong force of will.
>tfw her story is unironically strong womyn who don't need no man
I'm not sure how to feel about this
I think I'll side with the feminists on this one since she legit qualifies for the regular criteria and well if she actually was STRONK in real life that's how she should be portrayed
>inb4 the greeting message is "no I will not marry you and if you ask again you will soon be a man without manhood"

>>147324763
Sounds like a stacy golddigger actually, replace military with money and/or dicksize
Wow no she's buttugly AND has the worst personality so far
>>
>>147324763
>Queen of the Nile (Egypt): Cleopatra will respect someone with a strong military, but despise someone without one.
So what
Bully the Axsumites and the North Africans but suck Roman dick? Sounds completely 100% accurate.
I'm not expecting it but do you think we might get unique lines for certain combos like Cleo and Augustus?
>>
>>147324827
Strong or not she was certainly fiery.
>>
>>147324882
What happens when she loses kek
>no I will NOT marry you I WILL NOT!
getting a chub
>>
>>147324701
I'm downloading Civ IV for the first time because of you btw, I wonder how this will go
>>
>>147325037
>for the first time
...how old are you?
>>
>>147320762
How? Tell me.
>>
File: Pushed.png (4MB, 1902x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Pushed.png
4MB, 1902x1047px
>>147325037
If its on steam make sure you set it to original release in beta if you're going to play mods.

Well that almost pushed me to breaking point, now there is enough room on the armageddon counter.
>>
>>147325162
Starve them out, high ground is usually small. Build a wall around them if you like too, it'll be a hill-fort when they die.
Set fire to the hill they're on (conditional, it has to be long grass or something)
Pikewall (actually performs better when attacking uphill)
Attack something they need to reinforce to make them leave
Missile barrage (conditional, you need to have missile superiority)
Frontal assault with a U formation, people camping on a hill can't extend their front to prevent being flanked because they'd lose their height advantage. The center doesn't need to make contact, just pin the enemy center on the hill through presence. Condition is that they didn't fortify or aren't just on a plain slope.
I bet I could think of more but whatever. fuck gunpowder warfare
>>
>>147325384
I don't think Anakin could have done any of those.
>>
>>147325162
>>147325384
And again all this assumes they didn't have time to build a hill / mountain fortress, you're for the most part well and truly fucked in that case better to just change your plans unless you want to lose three times the men no matter what you try.
>>
>>147325162
Mortars.
>>
>>147325463
>enemy has mortars
Pls no

>>147325453
Well Anakin's never played Rome 1 either so he's a casul who probably plays Warhammer and cries it's too hard
>>
File: Thecapital.png (4MB, 1902x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Thecapital.png
4MB, 1902x1047px
Time to take the capital... though there are some powerful units there.
>>
What's the best civ 4 mega mod? Specifically which is the best at adjusting the time scale and amount of techs so that I can actually wage wars in an era without my units being invalidated in a couple dozen turns? Even default marathon is too slow and vanilla gets weird around when you discover gunpowder.
>>
>>147326763
Caveman 2 Cosmos
>>
I thought I understood Stellaris combat. I inspected enemy ships:
Corvettes: Torpedoes + Plasma Throwers + Shield.

So I equipped my corvettes and destroyers with:
Point Defense + Mass Drivers + Shield

They tear through my fleet like nothing. I destroyed probably only 3 ships, they destroyed all of my 30 ships. The numbers were equal.
>>
>>147327005
Torpedoes ignore shields and aren't killed with pd effectively at all. You did the opposite of what you should have done.
>>
>>147326763
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230613736
>>
>>147326827
I have literally never gotten past spearman in that mod
>>
>>147327141
>civ 4
>>
>>147327102
The shields were against the plasma throwers. Torpedoes are effective against both shields and armor afaik.
What should have I done then?
>>
>>147327148
Because it's so long or because it's shit? If it takes so long then it's what I'm looking for.
>>
>>147327364
It literally fucking starts from the Neolithic era, your first units are a fistfighter and a stone thrower and one of your priority techs is persistence hunting.
>>
File: 1443056381543.jpg (311KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1443056381543.jpg
311KB, 1500x1000px
>>147327210
>playing that old garbage
Civ 5 is better in every way
>>
>>147327993
Irrelevant, you answered the wrong question. 0 marks.
>>
>>147327993
The thing is, Gandhi's warmongering stat is really low, he just builds nukes and most of the time doesn't even use them. He only DoWs you if you really piss him off

Doesn't stop me from conquering India everytime I see them before modern age though
>>
>>147328241
>The thing is, Gandhi's warmongering stat is really low, he just builds nukes and most of the time doesn't even use them. He only DoWs you if you really piss him off
Kek no, his warmonger stat being bugged is an ancient glitch
>>
File: 1457362443862.jpg (228KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1457362443862.jpg
228KB, 1000x700px
>>147328313
The bug technically was that his warmonger stat was so low, that when it was reduced further it would rollback to the highest available value.
>>
Which game should I buy?

-Gal Civ 2
-Gal Civ 3
-Stellaris
>>
>>147328486
If you had to pick one, stellaris. Galciv is even more boring.

However the new moo is better than stellaris right now.
>>
>>147328476
...that's the bug I was talking about, it's literally called an arithmetic underflow error.
>>
>>147328313
I was talking about Civ V
>>
>>147328623
I'm pretty sure it's been preserved in every incarnation of Civ as an ascended meme or some shit
>>
File: Oda_Nobunaga_(Civ_5).jpg (912KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Oda_Nobunaga_(Civ_5).jpg
912KB, 1920x1080px
Daily remainder Nobunaga lives in XP background
>>
>>147329527
why is he a ghost
>>
>>147328486
Gal civ 2 at least its finished unliked the other 2.
>>
>>147328698
I still remember getting memed on by India in Civ fucking 3. Going for the space race victory and India goes "fuck you, here's bomb"
>>
>>147329578
He's the ghost of good games made by firaxis.
>>
>>147325453
I'm not sure if other anon understand the meme completely
>>
Is Stellaris good yet?
>>
>>147326459
Looking at it, this game just looks like ass. The UI is cluttered as fuck, there are numbers everywhere, tiles don't fit next to earch other, borders are gore-y as fuck.
I mean, graphically it's fine and doesn't really matter to me, but interface and UI is just really fucking outdated and unpleasant to look at.
I know that gameplay-wise Civ4 is still king, but shit like that makes going back to it really difficult.
>>
>>147331514
No, go away.
>>
>>147329527
daily reminder that the civ 5 backgrounds dont look any better than civ 6 ones.
>>
File: G6MIvH.png (217KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
G6MIvH.png
217KB, 408x408px
>>147333510
Epic meme
>>
>>147333596
its true though. the civ 5 backgrounds are actually just static images but there are a couple of areas that are animated.
>>
File: civ4 vicky.png (221KB, 542x474px) Image search: [Google]
civ4 vicky.png
221KB, 542x474px
>Victoria in Civ VI looks bad
>>
>>147328698
yeah in every single one they set his warmonger stat to the lowest and anything having to do with nukes to the highest possible
>>
does only one mineral silo increase storage cap or can i build multiple silos?
>>
>>147319702
I'm glad they're introducing a sort of limited unit stacking in Civ 6.
>>
File: LWSwZDb.jpg (177KB, 501x347px) Image search: [Google]
LWSwZDb.jpg
177KB, 501x347px
Ebin facebook frog bump
>>
>>147334571
While it may technically be an improvement to go from 'vomit-inducingly ugly' to 'butt ugly', it's still a far cry from looking good.

And the whole phone game artstyle is not helping, either.
>>
WHat's the hottest new meme government / ethic choice?
>>
File: 2016_07_03_2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016_07_03_2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
rate bait and hate
>>
Is stellaris worth the 35€?
I really like Civ 5. I got a friend that moved to stellaris, told me good things, but wanted more feedback on the game.
>>
>>147341296
Idk if it's just a bug, but democracy generates free leaders for me every election
>>
>>147341604

Yeah it's some true Paradox quality programming (TM).
>>
>>147341484
Don't think it's realistic for survivors of war they didn't start to drop their defences instead of arming and getting ready.

Looking for allies I can get, but I think xenophile ethos goes further then just tolerance which is unrealistic again.
>>
>>147341484
4th grade/10
>>
>>147341604
Play military dictatorship, have at least 1 admiral/general, wait for current leader to die, when voting pops up ignore and delete all current admirals/leaders, vote abstain on the pop up.
Congratulations, now you have no leader. Forever.
>>
>>147340701
I really think the art style is fine apart from the leader faces.
And if the cheaper artwork means more money going into engine and feature development I will be happy.
>>
>>147341604
They do? Democracies tend to elect your specialists who are removed from your leader pool. You'll see that your specialist is gone and hire a new one only for extra leader to return once he's replaced by a faction leader or something.
>>
File: 20160703183049_1.jpg (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160703183049_1.jpg
369KB, 1920x1080px
I gotta say, Perfect World 3 makes some cool fucking maps
>>
>>147344279

For some reason the most recent patch auto-generates a number of leaders when elections roll around (generally around about 3 or 4) who remain in the pool after elections finish. A few of your existing specialists are up for election, but for some reason all these new ones are generated at no cost and can give you more leaders than you're 'supposed' to have
>>
File: Dido_(Civ5).jpg (905KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dido_(Civ5).jpg
905KB, 1920x1080px
>You want do some diplomatic deals? Open borders, embassies, you name it :^)
>Just let me assemble all my troops around your border, not going to betray you or anything
>HAHA! I have betrayed you! Face the wrath of my shit-tier units!
>You defeated all my troops using your city's natural defenses and a Gatling gun you've been using for the last 100 turns? I guess we'll make peace...for now :^)
>Repeat from beginning
Can Dido just fuck off and die already?
>>
Stellaris - if I conquered a planet and the species on it is rude and unhappy how can I rid the planet of them if I am fanatic pacifist?

Second, I accidentally colonized shit planet. It marked it green but has capped happiness to 5%. How can I uncolonize the planet?
>>
>>147345996
>fanatic pacifist
By picking collectivist with your fanatical vegans.
>>
>>147345996
>Stellaris - if I conquered a planet and the species on it is rude and unhappy how can I rid the planet of them if I am fanatic pacifist?
Just how unhappy they are? -25% will pass. Add governer, entertainment, try to converge their ethics, they'll soon become productive.
>Second, I accidentally colonized shit planet. It marked it green but has capped happiness to 5%. How can I uncolonize the planet?
Can you resettle the pops? You probably colonized a planet most fit for aliens. Let planet grow in 5 pops, and start moving your pop out and their in. Allowing migration would do part of the job but it's not perfect for this.
Finally, leave your pops alone and then genetically modify them.
>>
>>147345678
Bitches ain't shit but hoes n trick.
>>
>>147345678
Anon, I don't know how to tell you this.
But Dido is trying to tell you something here.

What she's trying to tell you is that she gets a waterfall going in her panties when she fantasizes about being your helpless fucktoy after you drag her into your palace.
>>
>>147345678
>people think these backgrounds are better than civ 6
>>
>>147346313
>Just how unhappy they are? -25% will pass. Add governer, entertainment, try to converge their ethics, they'll soon become productive.
-5% Voting Rights, -5% Leadership, -5% First Contant Protocol, -25% Recently conquered

They are forming powerful pop faction.

>Can you resettle the pops?
Genetically modifying sounds good. I forgot about that.
>>
>>147345678
Why is she so perfect
>>
>>147346670
-15% is manageable. You can allow xeno leaders later.

Factions seem to be currently broken, they take up arms and instantly disperse causing faction to implode. But keep an army on their planets just in case.
>>
>>147346926
The biggest problem is that federation wages wars. This puts me in additional -25% happiness. And this stacks pretty fast.
>>
>>147341484
>hostile foes

kind of redundant don't you think
>>
File: best giel.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
best giel.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>147346517
But I don't want to conquer her. I just want her to leave me alone. Best girl was already kicked out of the game, and Dido is a poor substitute.
>>
>>147341484
>shit tier bio
>cuck numale haircut
gay and stupid
>>
File: Lord BiSON.jpg (239KB, 1024x751px) Image search: [Google]
Lord BiSON.jpg
239KB, 1024x751px
This is fucking insane.
>>
>>147350762
Are you playing windowed? Also what is that resource? I don't remember ever seeing it
>>
>>147350762
We can't settle here, this is Buffalo Country
>>
>>147350954
Yeah, playing windowed so I can shitpost with ease. That resource is bison. It's from the newest patch (I think it's about a year and a half old) that added cocoa (luxury), bison (bonus), and nerfed tradition just slightly.
>>
File: stalin_laugh_gulag.jpg (22KB, 235x247px) Image search: [Google]
stalin_laugh_gulag.jpg
22KB, 235x247px
>>147350762
>Russia
>gets +1 faith from camps
xaxaxaxa
>>
>>147351209
What the hell I thought I had the latest patch. I didn't know my download of Civ V was that old. I'll download the patches now
>>
>>147351209
Fun fact: They forgot to update the granary, bison do not profit from it.
>>
>>147352949
>Stuffing a bison into granary
>This is going to increase its yield
>>
Civ V Bundle Pack
Y/N?
>>
>>147347495
Theodora is literally a prostitute.
>>
>>147322298
t. Anakin
>>
File: dead horses.png (351KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
dead horses.png
351KB, 799x599px
>>147350762
nigger you fucking best get camp food religion or ill kill your whole imaginary family
>>
>>147353931
Is this Shogun 1?
>>
>>147352949
Good thing I'm using the community patch.
>>
>>147353931
Best Total War(alongside with 1st Medieval).
>>
>>147354018
yes
>>
>>147352949
I use a mod for that
>>
File: welp.gif (490KB, 225x177px) Image search: [Google]
welp.gif
490KB, 225x177px
>>147354031
>community patch
>>147354848
>mod
>>
File: dog_flashback_homeworld.gif (2MB, 329x319px) Image search: [Google]
dog_flashback_homeworld.gif
2MB, 329x319px
>>147353931
>the two bridges map
Fuck.
They all died, man. They all died there.
>>
>>147354265
Rome is my favourite.
Not the second one dummy.
>>
>>147354265
I like FotS the most. But only because I have huge boner for that time period and line warfare.
>>
What's the better game, Stellaris or Gal Civ 2? Is 3 better, I've never pirated that one before.
>>
>>147356231
Medieval is objectively better than Rome. An evolutionary upgrade and the height of the old formula.
>>
>>147322002

>disney eyes

scraping the bottom of the original barrel
>>
>>147356649
Distant Worlds
>>
>>147353931

>this nostalgia
>hold off massive armies on that bridge
>PEESANTS ARE LAYYZEE!
>>
>>147356954
Oh you mean M2? I liked that one but I couldn't get over the fact that every time I issued a command to my units it took them 2 seconds to react. That and the sheer length of the campaign made me not finish it even once.
>>
>>147358703
Also archer were too fucking OP in M2. 3 Sherwood easily killed heavily armored knight armies even in multiplayer.
>>
File: 1456894569070.jpg (202KB, 1040x654px) Image search: [Google]
1456894569070.jpg
202KB, 1040x654px
r8 'n h8

Never played individualists before, is being unable to purge a big problem?

Plus I'm using the new 'deviants' trait so fully expect my individualistic warriors to become pacifist conformists within the first century.
>>
File: Vin-Diesel-Riddick.jpg (85KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Vin-Diesel-Riddick.jpg
85KB, 1200x600px
>>147364619
What ship mod is that?
>>
>>147353931
In the original Total War: Shogun, I once watched a Kensai successfully defend a bridge against an entire brigade of enemy Samurai. In that moment the last vestiges of historical accuracy drained out of the series, never to return.
>>
>>147358703
>>147359219
Historically accurate
>>
>>147364619
>it's
>that run on sentence
>a "mining colony" established by a generation ship
5/10 see me after class
>>
>>147340701
It looks like they decided to make an HD version of the CivIV artstyle, which is kind of like making an HD version of the original Startox artstyle.
>>
>>147364957
Pirate Ship Types;

>https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686764629&searchtext=
>>
>>147353348
worth the money if you like this kind of game. It's cheap so even if you don't like that much, it won't be a big loss.
>>
>>147364619
>it's
>>
>>147365824
What run on sentence? I cannot see.
>>
>>147366816
There should be a period between "worlds" and "most" in the first paragraph.

Also, they should probably be using wormholes if you're trying to tie them into the same backstory as the Commonwealth. Even if you aren't, warp sucks.
>>
File: 1344017210354.jpg (51KB, 552x665px) Image search: [Google]
1344017210354.jpg
51KB, 552x665px
>>147365574
If you say so.
>>
Thread archived.
You cannot reply any more.
>>
Can I change my war philosophy if I started the game before the asimov patch or am I fucked?
>>
>>147372547
Don't scare me like that.
>>
>>147373113
Try it and find out.
But a good rule of thumb is to assume all save games and modsare broken after every patch.

I remember a game of vanilla Vicky 2 that I ran over several weeks, and there was a major patch at some point during that. By the end of the game everyone had hundreds of millions of pounds sterling. and all three scores were inflated wildly, because of whatever the patch did.
>>
>>147374640
It doesn't even show up where it's supposed to.
>>
File: 20160703163143_1.jpg (308KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160703163143_1.jpg
308KB, 1920x1080px
>2220
>not even months into the game
>two 150 strength "Beta Menace" jumps in
Paradox what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>147375759
Bet you have aggressive first contact. It could happen from 1.0.0
>>
>>147375759
Those are just space amoebas. They usually fuck off without even entering the gravity well.

>>147377445
Aggressive first contact doesn't really do anything. It allows you to attack non-hostile unidentified aliens but won't make them hostile and won't make your fleets engage them automatically.
>>
File: delet this1.jpg (142KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
delet this1.jpg
142KB, 640x628px
>endless legend
>on the cusp of a science victory
>faggot ass cultists empire next door goes "le no I get the empire wrecking guardian unit I declare war now :))))))"
Yes, I'm upset.
>>
>>147375759
>menace
stop playing paranoid faggots

those are just amoebas, kinda sucks if they hit your wormhole station like that
>>
I'm going to buy Endless Space from the Steam summer sale, should I get the Disharmony DLC with it or not?
>>
Is Stellaris good yet?
>>
Been away from Endless Legend for a few months and might snag Shifters before the sale ends. Does Shifters add a lot to the game, or can I skip it and not miss out on much?
>>
>>147384629
lol
>>
>>147384629
What part of "wait a year" do you not understand?
>>
>>147384629
It needs more time/content.

I mean it's fine for a game or two as is but it defiantly needs more time in the oven.
>>
File: bonerlords.jpg (3KB, 101x28px) Image search: [Google]
bonerlords.jpg
3KB, 101x28px
HAHA TIME FOR DUST
>>
benis
>>
rip in pepperonis /4xg/
>>
Bed games.
>>
>>147391997
more like ded games
>>
>>147353931
I miss the time when Total War was good.
>>
There's a empire complex in my empire that I can't find. Is there any way for me to find it other than clicking through hundreds of worlds?
>>
File: Randomcivs.png (4MB, 1902x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Randomcivs.png
4MB, 1902x1047px
>Got Doviello
Well though this civ was going to suck turns out its rather good with how the units work.
They get enough kills they upgrade, they also get marks from animals giving a buff on what it was.
>>
What's the best mod for Civ IV?
>>
File: Best Mod Ever.jpg (149KB, 989x928px) Image search: [Google]
Best Mod Ever.jpg
149KB, 989x928px
>>147400920
>>
On page 9 already? Why is /vg/ so fast now? Here have a bump with an ebin civ meme pic
>>
File: Broken.png (4MB, 1902x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Broken.png
4MB, 1902x1047px
>Cold Iron
Replaces the unit with himself at full hp.
Well now that's beyond broken.
>>
>>147401026
>kitchen sink added over 20 versions ago
>didn't even slow down since then

There's a point where bloat gets ridiculous, and much beyond that there's building candlemaker workshops, which is amazing in its own way
>>
Is there a way to stop your alliance mates from declaring rivalry on other empires? Everyone seems to be making defensive pacts and I'm afraid of getting drawn into another war.
>>
File: fuck these quest.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
fuck these quest.png
1MB, 1366x768px
as the image title says.

I've only finished a precursor quest once since the game came out..
>>
>>147404089
Is that reference to ME games or something?
>>
>>147403824
Become powerful enough that you don't need an alliance, or ally yourself with personalities like Hive Mind that just want to be left alone.
>>
>>147404089
Finished the First League yesterday, only gives 500 society research and by then I had 250+ a month anyway
>>
>>147403824
Best alliance is you and your vassal states.
>>
>>147406003
Thanks for the tip. The only one I finished was the one of the titanic precursors (don't remember the name 'cause it hasn't appeared in any new game).

That one in particular gives 2000 energy and minerals, and a solar system with a Tomb world and some mining asteroids.
>>
>>147406284
Cybrex is the best as it gives you the living metal resource
>>
>>147406396
>Ceber Ex?
>living metal?
Coincidence?
I think not.
It also come with broken ring world system and it usually have solid science resources.
>>
File: cOLDIRON.png (3MB, 1902x1047px) Image search: [Google]
cOLDIRON.png
3MB, 1902x1047px
Now the ai is doing it.
>>
>>147323145
I seriously hope they'll add Merkel for Germany so that the salt flows eternal
>>
>>147406991
Oh yeah.
I want to see that.
>>
Enjoying Stellaris despite the (glaring) flaws.

Any tips to being the founder race behind a Federation. Done vassals and conquering and trying to be diplomatic this time but should I just blob and force democracy instead?
>>
Dead thread
>>
File: howmany.png (124KB, 582x176px) Image search: [Google]
howmany.png
124KB, 582x176px
Just how many more of these are there?
>>
how do i into cultists?
>>
Speaking of Gandhi, what do you guys think his dark side will be? Creating peace through killing everyone a-la Tacitus?

>>147329578
Maybe they're all ghosts, Asian ones don't have feet.
>>
>>147334571
I'll argue that Vicky in there actually looks better than in Civ VI, mostly because they went for a pseudorealistic style and obviously tried to make her look like an middleaged-old woman, which she was in the more famous years of her reign.
Meanwhile Civ VI seems to be trying to make her attractive and fails horribly.
>>
>>147347495
>Theo
Theo is a literal dancer girl, the high class equivalent of a street whore.

>>147345678
Carthage wasn't known for being trustworthy according to the Romans aka the only sources we have, but Dido was supposed to be super virtuous and shit according to the Aeneid. That being said this is probably after she got pump-and-dumped so don't blame her.
>>
>>147412252
Infinite.
What the fuck year you on?
>>
7 Full games of Stellaris and each time I get the Scourge. How do I unlock Jump drives? I've played wormhole the last 3 games and each time i've got to Tier 3 and Jump drives never show up.
>>
>>147412252
>mod an easy game to be even more easy

Holy shit mang.
>>
>>147414257
>each time I get the Scourge
what the fuck. I've probably played about 5 full games and I got unbidden every time.

you can get jump drives with warp,hyperlanes and wormholes. Materialists get a -chance to it showing up in research, spiritualists get a +chance to it showing up, all others stay the same. Also some say it helps if the scientists has a psionics trait
>>
>>147412252
>XC
what the fuck
>>
>>147415183
>>
>>147415689
Yes, I know but researching that 90 times seems excessive
>>
How do I reduce lag during Civilization 5: Brave New World multiplayer? I've tried it like twice and the lag has always been terrible. It takes like 15 minutes for the game to go from a player ending their turn to starting the next turn across all the players. And this was with 4-player games.
>>
File: Sad Augustus.png (130KB, 304x272px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Augustus.png
130KB, 304x272px
I just lost a city to barbarians

I forgot that in Civ IV they could capture a city
>>
>>147416121
Turning on quick movement and combat should help, as far as I remember.
>>
>>147416169
LOSE MORE
Then scream in horror when Genghis Khan suddenly appears mid-game with armies just waiting to conquer the world.

I loved how Civ IV would just aut-generate new civs if the barbarians conquered enough land.
>>
>>147416489
Makes sense though, it's kind of what the Franks did.
>>
>>147414257
You really need to be spirutual. The chance is like 40 times greater for them, 60 if fanatic.
It's still possible if you get a guy with psionics traits, but spiritualists still have double the chance you do.
>>
>>147414257
You need a genius trait scientist for that, I get it every time.
>>
>>147421105
Not him, but how does traits affect the possible research options?
>>
>>147423352
It's not explicitly stated but the files for research have hidden modifiers
>>
>>147423917
IIRC, it is explicitly states. Tutorial tells you about this
>>
>>147424364
It doesn't tell you explicitly what affects what though.
>>
Any of you ever try this? ıs it good?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=603182475&searchtext=
>>
>casts resurrection
>>
>Kicked out of my own federation
>AI keeps asking me to help them declare war on myself

Why does everyone hate me?

Also when will GOOD mods be out?
>>
File: KPL.jpg (430KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
KPL.jpg
430KB, 1919x1079px
>>147364619
>le hooman

They got nothing on my space hippies tbqh
>>
>>147428847
Speaking of which, do you need to input an empire by text to be able to have linebreaks? I'm a hueg faget when it comes to writing biographies.
>>
>3 neighbors squabbling over who has the biggest dick and they keep asking me to go to war with them against the small dicks while I'm fucking broke on naval power
>meanwhile someone LITERALLY next to them has 25 planets and a protectorate that is breaking shit

and there goes, it's another genocide crusade
Is there ANY other way to win this game but to put your big boy pants on and conquer every single colony everyone has, decade after decade?
>>
>>147429803
>Is there ANY other way to win this game but to put your big boy pants on and conquer every single colony everyone has, decade after decade?
You win by not playing and playing a good game
>>
>>147429902
I'm kinda starved on good games right now
Any pointers?
>>
>>147429940
I'm busy reading manga so no.
Xin is a massive fucking faggot.
>>
>>147429940
Attila with FotE
Banner Saga
Pillars of Eternity
Tomb Raider's two reboots although I'm pretty sure there aren't any nude mods and Lara's tits got smaller because of SJWs but she has a fine ass at least
Red Dragon
Dynasty Warriors 8XL just for the brainless fun, Empires if you just want to kill things with a custom waifu
>>
File: 20160703225610_1.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160703225610_1.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
Confused spastics keep asking for me to join their war against... myself

lolno

10/10 great coding Wiz
>>
>>147430137
>telling anyone to play empires
fuck off?
>>
>>147430137
>Attila with FotE
TW:Attila? Is that actually good? I have really low opinion on Warscape desu
>>
>>147430541
Why not, it's just braindead killing with custom waifus and it's [Free], just get the torrent with all the DLC

>>147430572
Why? Just get a mod that turns off matched combat or something if you care that much, collisions do happen in Warscape.
It's usually considered the best TW to date although it has a few annoying things
>>
File: Build wall Paco.jpg (870KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Build wall Paco.jpg
870KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKJDAVvs_JA
>>
>>147431073
Are you using the Trump mod or are you just memeing all by yourself?
>>
>>147431073
Watch Khan and his bitch Theodora blow you apart
>>
>>147431227
Playing vanilla, seemed like the right thing to do after he declared war.
>>
File: sobanii.png (951KB, 1049x606px) Image search: [Google]
sobanii.png
951KB, 1049x606px
>Decide to play the bad guys for once instead of star trek federation nice guys
>Not being some enslaving shitbag but I'm expanding aggressively
>People near me feel threatened but don't do anything, and I share a boarder with a xenophobic isolationist FE who isn't saying anything either
>Prethoryn Swarm event triggers, and they make landfall in the middle of what's basically my new frontier sector.
>Suddenly everyone's sending me insults, FE makes some demand and my only options are WAR or be embarrassed. Pick embarrassed. This thing triggers twice during entire crisis.
>Going full industrialised pumping out shit tons of ships to deal with scourge doomstacks, nobody else is helping me
>Finally kill them.
>Deal with the fucking cunty FE, that'll show them
>FE planets rebel
>Everyone near me who was sending insults decides to war dec me
>Kill them but my fleet is decimated
>Sort my energy economy out because the patch has fucked it
>pump out 3 times as many ships as I've ever had

ROUND 2 BITCHES!
>>
>>147432001
>unironically using sectors
>>
>>147430313
I think it's specifically them wanting to take your vassals stuff.
But yes still 10/10 wiz a shit.
>>
>>147431393
>>147431073
It's not even facing the right way?

>>147432001
Epic blob my friend although It'd a poor idea to blame you seeing as there's well and fucking truly nothing else to do, moreso than any other Paradox game besides HoI IV.
>>
>>147319567
Guys help should I get Stellaris or Distant Worlds?
>>
>>147433230
Whichever one is more immoral
>>
>>147433230
Why not both you casual?
>>
>>147433230
Distant Worlds
>>
File: 1466357436671.jpg (62KB, 265x335px) Image search: [Google]
1466357436671.jpg
62KB, 265x335px
Any tips for Alpha Centauri?
>>
>>147433539
Why?

>>147433449
Because I don't want to spend $60 on two games when I will likely only be playing one of them primarily.

>>147433294
I don't know what you mean by this.
>>
File: uninstall.jpg (13KB, 334x263px) Image search: [Google]
uninstall.jpg
13KB, 334x263px
>>147433668
>>
>>147433892
>I don't know what you mean by this.
Fuck your oneechan and she will tell you which one to buy
>>
>>147433892
Do you even torrent?
>>
>>147433892
Because it's better
>>
>>147434000
I don't have an oneechan

>>147434020
No because I'm not a degenerate
>>
File: 13-15-13-1464841676050.png (518KB, 650x800px) Image search: [Google]
13-15-13-1464841676050.png
518KB, 650x800px
>>147434104
>No because I'm not a degenerate
>torrenting fucking PARADOX games is degeneracy
>torrenting games to legitimately try them out since you're already prepared to buy is degeneracy
Kill yourself handsome
>>
>system with SIX drone mining bases
WEW
>>
>>147434234
I rescind my comment actually. You should torrent paradox games because they are usually nothing more than half polished shit when they are first released. I just bought Distant Worlds thinking about this. Stellaris will go on sale again and will probably have better updates by then anyway.
>>
>>147434518
Right.
Also I'm still of the opinion that if you torrent legitimately to try out a game, there's no reason not to. Some games like AoE and stuff you can't even finish one match in the two hours Steam gives you, and torrenting has a nice advantage of showing you what the complete game looks like with all DLC.
>>
Any1 have opinions on Sins? Been playing civ 5 for a while want to try a space 4x, any options?
>>
spooky
Too bad the scale in the game is fucked up, it be even spookier if it wasn't
>>
File: civilization-Washington.jpg (29KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
civilization-Washington.jpg
29KB, 288x288px
Holy Shit!

Who is starting an American playthrough today?!
>>
The tyranids are about to reach my galaxy. I only have a single fleet of 100k. How fucked am I?
>>
>>147436794
It's July 5th though.
>>
>>147437089
I bet you're not even a civ lol
>>
>>147433230

Stellaris is totally worth your $40! They have made a 4X game that genuinely feels very different every game. I like MoO2 a lot, but each game can end up being similar to the last after a while. Stellaris randomizes many more things than MoO2. The aliens are random, the technology, the colonization types, the leaders, etc. You always end up dealing with a really unique situation, which is awesome. Stellaris is a lot more ambitious kind of game then HOI4 (don't get me wrong its fantastic too obviously).

However, they are still working out the balance a bit in Stellaris. You can easily adjust that to your liking with mods, but it take a bit of effort and learning. You won't even notice the balance until you have played for 30 hours anyway, and you might like it vanilla. So basically if you are looking for a game to play quite a lot, and if you are the type to put a lot of time into game modding: get Stellaris. If your looking for some quick and better balanced grand strategy get HOI4.
>>
>>147437234
Wu's China was about ten times as strong as America before it got nerfed
>>
>>147437278
>balance a bit
I'm sure pretty everyone in this thread want this to happen. Problem is when? As of now, many of us have kinda given up on it.
>>
>>147437089
Shouldn't you be getting to bed, Haruto?
>>
File: Fate-Kiyohime-002.png (88KB, 450x532px) Image search: [Google]
Fate-Kiyohime-002.png
88KB, 450x532px
>>147437278
>Stellaris is totally worth your $40!
>Stellaris is a lot more ambitious kind of game then HOI4 (don't get me wrong its fantastic too obviously).
>So basically if you are looking for a game to play quite a lot, and if you are the type to put a lot of time into game modding: get Stellaris. If your looking for some quick and better balanced grand strategy get HOI4.
You're uh
Being ironic right
You're not an actual shill?
>>
>>147437841
Kiyo, go back to /fgog/ and get you new skill
>>
File: Fate-Kiyohime-014.png (140KB, 361x431px) Image search: [Google]
Fate-Kiyohime-014.png
140KB, 361x431px
>>147437993
Kiyohime is qt
>>
>>147437278
This is a shitposter pretending to be a shill.
Actual shills aren't this obvious and real people don't think HoI4 is good.
>>
>>147437353
America is underrated desu.
>>
File: 1459836013651.jpg (43KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1459836013651.jpg
43KB, 640x625px
What victory should I go for in civ?
Diplomatic Victory as Huns?
>>
>>147438575
It's like
Mid-tier
>>
>>147438575
I agree, but its uniques are pretty late, most people's game don't last that long
>>
>>147438575
How are they underrated. It looks like straight up fucking garbage to me
>>
>>147436794
With Civ VI having multiple leaders, if Washington is not in it I'll probably kill myself. Washington is my founding-fatherfu
>>
>>147439932
Mods
They'll probably put in whoever wins 2016 too
Shillary for being a grill
Trump for having super ridiculous personality
>>
>>147439712
GREAT units that are relevant as soon ideological tension kicks off and the UA is great for forward settling and getting cities productive early on.

It's ridiculous like the Shoshone but it's certainly under appreciated. People don't know how to go wide. Noobs particularly like the tradition tree.

America is even better with the CBP.
>>
>>147440002
Mods will put both in.
I very strongly doubt Firaxis will include either. Has a living person appeared in any Civ game?
>>
>>147440157
>Noobs particularly like the tradition tree
Tradition is just straight up better than Liberty though.
>>
>>147440242
Like I said...
>>
>>147440157
>People don't know how to go wide. Noobs particularly like the tradition tree.
Can't really blame them, Civ V is set up to kick you in the balls when you try to play wide.
>>
>>147440472
Noobs don't know that tradition is better.
>>
So what's the deal with this planet that has an impenetrable barrier
I've heard they spawn in FEs like ringworlds
>>
>>147440591
Wide was too OP before it got nerfed to hell, but it's still viable. Like with a civ like Rome, you should easily go wide
>>
>>147440625
Noobs go tall. They don't know how to expand at the limit of their happiness. Tradition is always better for tall.
>>
>>147440472
Tell me how Legalism alone isn't better early game than any of the policies in Liberty until you have 5-6 cities up, four free monuments by something like 200 culture on Marathon is huge, you can literally pop 3 culture huts and get it
The only thing that comes close is that worker policy in Liberty.

>>147440749
But Rome literally depends on how tall Rome itself is, everything else can be shallow as hell and pump out units but Rome has to be one of the best cities in the world to be competitive.
>>
>>147440817
But you'll be tall anyway early on.
>>
>>147441006
>early on
If you don't know how to expand at the limit of your happiness.

Try Mayan ICS.
>>
>>147440817
>Noobs go tall.
When I was a noob I always picked liberty and tried to go wide.
It's not even all that difficult if you settle each city near a new luxury.

>>147440749
When was wide OP? Vanilla civ 5 was pretty obviously designed to force you into going tall.
>>
>>147441141
No it's not that, it's that you'd be wasting time pumping out settlers. You can usually finish three or four policies in, what, 200 turns on Marathon?
>>
>>147441141
Being wide also depends on your environment though, I usually think of going wide, then explore the world and see there are only a few places worthy of setting so go tall anyway. Also the actual question was about USA, and they're still viable as tall
>>
>>147441194
It was designed to be that way, yes. Doesn't mean it worked the way devs intended though.

>http://www.sullla.com/Civ5/bnwreview.html
Read expansion section for history of ICS in Civ 5
>>
>>147441336
Yeah but I don't think they're 'underrated', they're mid-low tier anyway, Washington isn't a Cathy, Harald or Wu.
>>
>Carriers and corvettes got fixed.
>New, more sensible AI behaviors too.
>Ships still try to charge and shoot the enemy with point defenses rather than hold back and use their actual offensive weapons.

Should I install rangefinder again or just stop putting point defense on my ships?
>>
File: 20160704104733_1.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160704104733_1.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
I mean this isn't that bad
>>
>>147441854
Were the fucking synths wiped out?
>>
Is there some site talking about the weapons and defences?
When to use energy, explosive, kinetic, shield or armor. Differences between weapons of the same type (coilgun vs autogun, lasers vs lances, bombers vs fighters)
>>
>>147441518
>Harald
I'll agree there, people think Harald is one of the worst but he's seriously underrated, that going from sea to land bonus is insane if used right

What do you don't like about Washington? I played him last long time ago but IIRC, Minuteman is literally godtier, I never liked air combat in Civ V anyway but I think their B17 was good too. And their UA helps with getting early ruins/finding good city spots and securing resources. You never have the problem of another civ forward settling you or stealing resources where your city could have expanded as George
>>
>>147442040
Minuteman is insanely good (mainly because of that fucking Golden Age ability) but the UA is only useful if you go wide, it's worthless on smaller maps and also not useful if, say, there's only a few places worth settling.
I just don't think they're amazing, they're not shit, but they're not amazing.
Who do you think is the best civ in the game on small and giant maps respectively?
>>
>>147442497
Useless is a strong word, but yes, America in general is better on larger maps.
>>
>>147442497
I last played Civ V like a year ago so speaking from memory, the best civ in the game, on any map setting really, would probably be Neb or Korea. But that's too obvious, that probably wasn't what you were asking about

I guess for a small map an early domination civ would be the best, something like Attila or Genghis

For small map probably Cathy, you can grab lands fast easily thanks to their UB, their UA gives production to strategic resources and you have the double number of most of them. Going as wide as you can with Cathy is probably the smartest and you'll be strong as hell. Double number of nukes is not something to be laughed at

I guess depending on the map type, if there are lots of deserts, Arabia would be the best in giant or small maps. IIRC, oil spawns in desert more often and they already have a bonus to desert

I might have missed some, I should play Civ V again sometime
>>
I'm both a Paradox and a Stardock fan, but in this case it really shows that Stellaris is Paradox' first attempt into this genre with their own engine. It will get there eventually but for now, its mid/endgame simply sucks, where as in GalCiv 3 you can definitely have interesting endgames (not always of course), because of how their diplomacy and events work. A United Planets council can really screw you up for instance if you're on the political wrong side.
>>
>>147443127
>Korea
Meant Sejong
>For small map probably Cathy
Meant giant map, obviously
>>
File: anime girl turned on by wall.png (120KB, 401x400px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl turned on by wall.png
120KB, 401x400px
Is there any Stellaris mods that makes humans white only with white hair?
>>
>>147443307
>he doesn't read the OP
>>
File: No, Sion.jpg (139KB, 325x492px) Image search: [Google]
No, Sion.jpg
139KB, 325x492px
>>147443307
>>
>>147443307
you should be able to make one easily yourself, you do know how to use photoshop, right?
>>
>>147443128
>being a stardock fan
I mean I was too but then they shoved Elemental down my throat
>>
>>147444594
Not him but why would I know how to use photoshop when I have no artistic abilities of any kind
>>
>>147443128
>its mid/endgame simply sucks
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed because early-game expansion is actually a lot of fun, although I think it needs more events and anomalies so you haven't seen everything after three games.
But as it is right now I don't think any of my half-dozen or so games have lasted a century. It just gets pretty boring once the initial land grab is over, especially if you don't have the means or the ethics to start shitting on your rivals.
>>
>>147444818
For easy memeing, modding little things like that, etc. Photoshop is far easier to use than you think
>>
>>147443128
Being a fan of any company not just choosing best products.
I learn that company loyalty don't exist and its just illusion.
Being fan of
>Paradox
>stardock
You really must enjoy eating shit, don't you?
And you probably pay for it too?
>>
>>147443307
I could made one. I actually made one for 1.1
Its not hard and all you need is notepad++
>>
File: washingtonwin.png (43KB, 1896x177px) Image search: [Google]
washingtonwin.png
43KB, 1896x177px
>>147436794
>>147437089
I tried to complete my first game in time, I really did.
>>
>>147446348
I used to be a Paradox fan until CK2 became extremely popular and they started pandering to bads.
I am a Firaxis fan even though they make stinkers I probably won't buy, like Beyond Earth, because they're the only major company still making expansion packs.
>>
File: meh.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
So what do I do now? The fallen empire fell to my 50k stack and nothing's going on in the galaxy.
The largest empire besides me is >inferior<.
Everybody has -1000 on me for raping my faggot neighbors. Every meaningful tech researched and my pops at max happiness.
It's like CK2 all over again, I can't help but minmax, that's what makes games fun for me.
>>
>>147440685

You scan it and then some void clouds pop up for you to destroy. I think that was about it.
>>
>>147440685
>>147447742
some other result i remember was one of their generals being placed there for being too much of a warmongerer so you get a free general iirc
>>
>>147447562

Try to encourage one of the endgame crises and then let it eat up most of the galaxy before doing anything about it
>>
>>147447881
I researched the jump drive and it's in the 208th year, what do I do to trigger?
Fuck silicons though.
>>
Erm, so 4 of my enemies are in a war with each other, 2v2, and they have still have defense pacts with the empires on the other side of the war.

I was hoping to take advantage of the situation but it might just result in me being at war with everybody.

It's still easier than them showing a united front I suppose, but still also very stupid.
>>
>>147451393
Eh it sounds like states in a civil war
>we're beating the shit out of each other but YOU are an outsider
>>
File: shit.png (2MB, 2008x806px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
2MB, 2008x806px
>>147319567
So I was playing today and my former vassal wants to declare war on me so he's asking for my permission to declare war.

I don't understand
>>
>>147452694
That doesn't really make any sense with separate, sovereign entities, though.

>>147451393
Go into the declare war menu and see who will actually be involved. The game tells you.
>>
>>147452719
This is a pretty common bug. Weak empires will typically look for assistance from strong empires before declaring war, and sometimes that means inviting them to wars against themselves.
>>
>>147452719

>>147452803
Well I mean, the Seven States of Warring States China were all separate sovereign entities, the idea of "China" didn't exist, but you could be pretty sure that if the Xiongnu showed up all of the states would fuck them up
Also coalition armies, all seven states were in a state of war basically at all times but the Coalition against Qin was comprised of the other six...who were technically still at war with each other.
>>
The King Dinosaur forums seem to be unavailable for me. How will I check on my favorite game that will never come out?
>>
>>147452962
>Well I mean, the Seven States of Warring States China were all separate sovereign entities, the idea of "China" didn't exist, but you could be pretty sure that if the Xiongnu showed up all of the states would fuck them up
Yeah, but that's because they were all related to each other in some way, right? In this case you've got a bunch of aliens who just happen to have nonsensical diplomatic relations. Most games can't really handle "you're my enemy but there's a worse enemy so let's call a ceasefire" diplomacy.

>Also coalition armies, all seven states were in a state of war basically at all times but the Coalition against Qin was comprised of the other six...who were technically still at war with each other.
Presumably there was a ceasefire, which I don't think Stellaris can emulate.
>>
>>147453502
>Presumably there was a ceasefire
Technically, but Qi jumped ship early on hoping that Qin would repay them later on after Qin won (huge gamble and Qin kind of delivered)
>>
File: hankofthehell.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
hankofthehell.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>decide to go full conqueror
>basically everyone in the galaxy hates me
>mfw
THE WEAK SHOULD FEAR THE STRONG
>>
File: thats right.png (43KB, 345x254px) Image search: [Google]
thats right.png
43KB, 345x254px
>>147454120
If it wasn't so fucking boring to purge all those faggots. One-by-one.
>>
>>147454120
>My tributary goes to war with a neighboring nation
>they run them over
>other entities around those fighting nations ended hating my tributary to the point that they all declare war on him
>forced to intervene and defend
>declare war on the 4 nations, tributize them if I win
>stomp them
>tributize
>now they're all friends while paying me 25% their resources
>>
>>147455554
So slow
>>
>>147456004
?
>>
>>147456105
I mean close
Does 55555 actually exist on /v/? It does right?
>>
>>147456167
maybe
>>
>>147456167
I'm fucking up HARD, brb going to fondle Olga of Kiev
*/vg/
>>
>>147320319

>naming your planets after Wheel of Time

You are not only an autist, but also an SJW and a colossal, gargantuan, stupendous pleb.

And a permavirgin, of course.
>>
>>147455554
How do you like your influence being in negative?
>>
File: shit.png (3MB, 2533x1438px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
3MB, 2533x1438px
>>147456748
I was late game, I had +7 influence and maxed influence there wasn't any reason to NOT submit them to tributary.

Also rate my planets
>>
>>147456748
>influence
They really need to unfuck that.

Frontier outposts costing influence upkeep is completely retarded.
>>
>>147456917
default insignia/10
>>
>>147457296
Influence cost in general is really retarded

The amount of influence bonuses there are is completely dwarfed by the amount of shit that eats influence. The fact that influence is tied to so much shit is ridiculous. Why does electing or picking a leader or a new researcher cost influence in the first place? I can understand in general elections spending your influence to pick a new leader out of a democracy can cost influence but picking a dictator or a new emperor really?

Wow I expanded my borders so I can claim minerals and energy thats there because there are NO habitable planets, better expend monthly influence
>>
>>147457296
So you should be able to spam them and make the game an outpost making minigame? That's even more retarded.
>>
>>147457570
Wiz plz go, cars can't run if they only have brakes
>>
>>147457570
Its easy as shit to headshot frontier outposts, they have like the same hitpoints as mining stations.

The instant you kill a frontier outpost and your border happens to be near by, the enemy loses border range and you instantly gain it.

Theres a mod that removes influence cost and coverts it to energy credit cost which is far more favorable.

>hurr I spam them
and I kill them faster than you put them up
>>
>>147457570
Well. Maybe there's a third option? Maybe a limit of 3 or a larger maintenance?
>>
>>147457790
Theres another mod that reduces influence cost of frontier outposts to .25 inf/month which is far more reasonable

this means you can have up to 4 for the cost of 1 in vanilla.
>>
>>147451393
>>147452694
>>147452803
Yeah don't worry I know the state of who's at war with who.

They're all allied warring states who don't particularity like some of the other states but are defence pact'd up because they all surround me and I'm the size of quarter of the map.

One got his friend to join him in a war against another party and the 4th empire has joined the one being attacked. But the Defense pacts with the people they're at war with are still holding and can be seen in the diplomacy screen.
If I declare war on one of them they all go to war with me, but still keep on fighting each other.

I'm basically fortifying the front that has 3 of them so I can send most of my fleets to the one who's alone.
>>
>>147457710
>and I kill them faster than you put them up
This has nothing to do with early game expansion to secure resources.
The influence cost is good because it limits your rate of expansion and your access to resources.

>>147457841
Lowering the cost sounds like a good idea, though.
>>
>>147457536
Vassals really shouldn't cost influence as a result of defensive pacts
it costs influence to integrate them and I have to conquer someone else and make another protectorate to make up for the deficit of integrating until I end up conquering the galaxy because of influence deficits
>>
>>147458028
>The influence cost is good because it limits your rate of expansion and your access to resources.
Then your empire never actually is able to grow unless you have good planet placement. With frontier outposts costing that much and you start with only 3 inf/month you can at best put up 1 or 2 before you lose any and ALL influence gain. This means you essentially cripple yourself from making any policies, planetary edits or anything. Its not like influence is some mineral you can acquire logistically.

They seriously need to reduce the cost from 1 to something far more manageable like .25 like in the mod.
>>
File: le_happy_merchant.gif (12KB, 501x567px) Image search: [Google]
le_happy_merchant.gif
12KB, 501x567px
>>147457570
Becasue they don't already cost half a colony's worth of influence and 200 minerals.

And if the leader cap wasn't set at 12 or whatever the idiotically low base number is, you might actually have a meaningful decision between hiring more leaders or building another outpost.

But as it is, you can have governors for your core systems, fill your scientist slots and then either have a bonus science ship or a second admital.
Also, I doubt that anyone ever unironically hired a general.

Yeah, yeah, I know.
le DLC framework face, pic related
>>
>>147457674
>>147457710
>>147457790
I don't really know what your problem is about frontier outposts. 5 planets and 2 posts are more than enough to secure resource and research up to BC tech in 60 years, after that it's a steamroll through mindless AIs.
And in multiplayer? You would make a full powerplant/mineral planet earlygame, spam outposts and have half the galaxy by year 60. Have 10 beltharian stones for more power and a fuckton of science from free sci stations galaxy wide. Fucking retarded.
>>
>>147458028
>The influence cost is good
Yes.
But the influence upkeep is godawfully retarded.
>>
>>147458370
>2 posts
thats 2inf/month and if you didn't get the research to get more you're fucking yourself dry.
>>
>>147458471
You are at BC tech in 60 years that means you got all influence by 30-40 years. Even with +3 influence you can hire new science guys to replace the died out ones.
>>
>>147458028
>The influence cost is good
Yeah but their influence upkeep is fuckstupid.
>>
>>147458297
>Also, I doubt that anyone ever unironically hired a general.
>he doesn't roleplay
I unironically kept re-rolling generals until I got a military looking anime girl no bully and assigned it to "Legio I Invictus" because I'm a romaboo
It's not like the game isn't pisseasy.
>>
>>147458440
>>147459430
It's not, it just needs to be lowered.
>>
>>147459785
What is Influence meant to represent and why does an outpost cost any? Political clout? That's retarded, who the fuck are you arguing with?
International influence? That doesn't make any sense if you're Xenophobic or something, I'll put this damn colony where I like, fishfaces be damned, and doesn't mean anything for Xenophiles either if you don't even border their nation.
If it makes no sense whatsoever and exists as nothing more than a way to hinder the player it's not a good system even if the intention is noble (kind of). It makes far more sense for faraway colonies to tend to break away, as is realistic since you're so fucking far that even wormhole-less television will take decades to broadcast, people on Chi Andromedae (pretty close galactically speaking) will be watching reruns of I Love Lucy if you settle them in 2220, and even with wormholes you can expect the lag to be atrocious, 10 minute ping here we come. If they broke away, then creating lots of colonies early on presents a considerable risk - you might actually lose most of your investment through general revolt and some of your fleet may defect as well (since the people manning them may be sympathetic - Vicky 2 would be REAL helpful right now)
>>
>>147458754
theres only 4 levels of influence that give you +1 inf/month for a max of 7 assuming you don't do anything that spends influence.

You can throw policy and running edits off your menu regardless
>>
How2getmorecolonies
>>
>>147460845
hope that you roll good planets and good research for habitation of other planets
>>
>>147460335
>What is Influence meant to represent and why does an outpost cost any?
It represents influence. It's extremely abstract.
Frontier outposts don't actually do anything except project your influence into an area. It makes sense that you'd need to spend some of this "influence" resource regularly to maintain that. In fact, it makes more sense than spending influence on colonization.
>>
>>147460432
My Irenic Monarchy disagrees. ~0.6 influence/month for empire edicts. Love my Fleet and social welfare programs
>>
>>147461023
Well thats dandy for your specific role but not mine or anyone elses
>>
>>147461083
Fair enough.
>>
>>147460991
>It's extremely abstract.
You mean it doesn't make any sense, like Mana in EU4.
Why does hiring a new general need Influence then? And moreover, projecting influence by building an outpost makes no fucking sense either. If I sail some ships into that unclaimed territory and patrol it, that's influence right there, that's how it's always been.
>>
>>147460919
I mean I've done some research into making other worlds able to be colonized, but nothing like increasing the number of planets I can effectively colonize
>>
>>147461282
There are a few skills that you can research that let you colonize more

theres also a few combination of political and government structures that let you to have up to +2

theres also really easy mods that increases it, desu I'd go with the latter with a mod because you don't have to play a government you don't like
>>
>>147461210
>You mean it doesn't make any sense, like Mana in EU4.
Sure. I never said the resource made sense, but the influence cost to maintain outposts does. Much more so than the influence cost to hire generals.
More importantly, it restricts expansion. If you just jack up the energy cost then you get a situation where well-placed frontier outposts pay for themselves, allowing you to expand quickly across a large area and scooping up huge amounts of resources early in the game.

I'm not opposed to lowering the maintenance cost but I think it's a good thing that expanding without colonies requires you to use up an extremely limited resource.
>>
>>147423352
Spiritualist gets a higher chance on psychic research, military gives a higher chance on weapon research. Check the wiki for what the rates are for everything.
>>
Making favorable trade deals with the AI should grant small amounts of influence. After all, you've done something that may be of benefit to them, and thus your empire should literally have more influence overall.

I'm okay with influence upkeeps, upfront costs and whatnot. What I'm not okay with is the fact that:

1) Intuitively influential things such as having more tech than everyone else in the galaxy, or a renowned paragon of peace doesn't grant any influence

2) Things that intuitively should COST influence to do (rivalry, mostly) ends up granting you more influence.

3) Warmongering gives the most influence out of all playstyles, which is rather backwards.

4) Ways to gain influence dries up after the early game. You can't discover new empires at a steady rate. You can't fulfil mandates when you're already maxed out on mining/research stations or not a slaver empire (Slaver leader trait is fucking stupid) to begin with.
>>
>>147461493
>I'm not opposed to lowering the maintenance cost but I think it's a good thing that expanding without colonies requires you to use up an extremely limited resource.
Yes, and we can do that in way that makes sense via scaling revolt / breakoff risk if you fail to be able to control them
Large intergalactic empires WILL fracture, shit like the Roman Empire and Persian Empire fractured in large part due to how fuckmassive they were in comparison to transportation technology and communications technology.
As it is, light is the maximum speed we can actually transmit information in without something like a transportable mini-wormhole generator, there's going to be ridiculous lag between communications, shit is going to fall apart.
>>
File: 20160704144447_1.jpg (396KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160704144447_1.jpg
396KB, 1920x1080px
Oh there is my missing fleet
>>
Why would you ever go hyperspace?
>>
File: 20160704144511_1.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160704144511_1.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
>>147461987
They were expensive and kept going MIA repeatedly, even though I'm in allied space. So glad I found them
>>
>>147461841
>Yes, and we can do that in way that makes sense via scaling revolt / breakoff risk if you fail to be able to control them
Then we run into the problem that frontier outposts don't necessarily have any population in their area of influence. You might have set one up just to secure a research bonus from a black hole and some minerals from the surrounding stars.
I agree that revolts are a more organic way to limit expansion but as it is I think the faction system is pretty terrible and also completely incompatible with frontier outposts.
>>
>>147461987
I wish when designing a ship the game calculated effective hitpoints for you

Armor plates and Armor with its hullpoint addition and damage reduction should automatically calculate the effective tank you have.

I'm having a hard time balancing my ships effectively.
>>
>>147461841
oh and as for
>As it is, light is the maximum speed we can actually transmit information in without something like a transportable mini-wormhole generator, there's going to be ridiculous lag between communications, shit is going to fall apart.
Considering hyperspace exists and Alcubierre drives can be mass-produced, I don't think FTL communication is a huge issue.
>>
File: 20160704144527_1.jpg (401KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160704144527_1.jpg
401KB, 1920x1080px
>>147462179
Take your time coming to Earth guys, I'm just glad you are back from limbo and soon you'll be useful again
>>
>>147460432
+rivalries
+protectorates
+leader bonus
+wargoal

There is a good amount of influence to be made.
>>
>>147462421
Protectorates trigger auto-defensive pacts, which actually negates the protectorate bonus down to zero.
>>
>>147462204
>faction system
>implying I'm pretending to use that stupid bullshit
It's literally just fracture. Over time, your influence over the area diminishes because it's far fucking away, there'd be a scaling modifier to risk depending on ethics divergence, the leader's ambition, and how your actions are lining up as well as how much they feel 'part' of your empire
If it goes above 0, then every month these guys have a chance to just leave.
I don't like frontier outposts to begin with. They're stupid. They're not really an outpost or fortress, they're just a goddamn satellite orbiting some star.

>>147462338
It is though, because you'd have to send billions of communication ships for every little thing.
>>
>>147462534
It's a bug and doesn't trigger every time.
>>
>>147462268
I've been using the automatic ship maker for a long time in my game, every time I get an upgrade I make sure to check the auto-design to make sure its actually making a better ship because I'll be damned if the auto-designer makes something retarded with excessive guns or a stupid ass mix of shield and armor
>>
>>147462643
>I don't like frontier outposts to begin with. They're stupid. They're not really an outpost or fortress, they're just a goddamn satellite orbiting some star.
My autistic fun headcanon is that it's an abuse of some obscure loophole in intergalactic border-drawing agreements.

>Okay, so the law says "The system is considered occupied if there's sentient lifeforms living in it" right?
>What if we build a shitty satellite station that's just barely large enough to house ONE person and just launch that everywhere?
>I know it's a shitty job, we need someone very INFLUENTIAL to convince the poor sap to agree to it

Hence the steep influence cost.
>>
>>147462702
I don't trust the in game designer, more then a couple of times it would leave a slot empty that you could slap a piece of armor in.
>>
>>147463057
Yeah but like
They cost this BEFORE you meet anyone, and you can't build a fortress there anyway. Hell, mining stations have people in them too.
>>
File: vanilla.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vanilla.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>>147462534
>>
>>147463165
Ok so I have maxed out shield, armor and lasers

What combination of plates and armor do I use to get the best and most shit?

What combination of lasers and bulkheads should I use?
>>
>>147463280
Is there even a reason to use armor
I just spam plates everywhere and it's not like the AI is competent.
>>
Why does border friction cause so much fucking disdain?

I was friends with this one empire then suddenly he hates me because two small spots of our empires touch and suddenly that drops his favor of me by -60

>>147463362
armor gives damage reduction against all damage except lasers because they negate armor just like mass drivers negate shield
>>
File: untitled10.png (832KB, 1263x680px) Image search: [Google]
untitled10.png
832KB, 1263x680px
>>147463362
>>147463280
If you have more energy weapon upgrade go lances, otherwise go kinetic.
Always go armor so you can abuse max range damage.
10 of these fucked a fallen empire with 2 losses.
>>
>>147463623
2400 with 61% damage reduction gives you 3900 effective hitpoints.

I'm trying to find the best combo of plates and armor to give me the best EHP
>>
File: untitled11.png (749KB, 1265x677px) Image search: [Google]
untitled11.png
749KB, 1265x677px
>>147463623
And IF (a huge fucking if) you need shields to eat damage use these as fodder, pure shield worth less than good regen.

>>147463804
No such thing as enemy weapons dictate your effective HP.
Not like anyone can touch 10 BCs with that kind of firepower at that range.
Pure builds are and will always be superior.
>>
>>147462643
You're proposing an entirely new gameplay system, which is fine, but it's entirely outside the debate of "is this resource cost okay in the context of the game as it currently exists."

>It is though, because you'd have to send billions of communication ships for every little thing.
What I'm saying is that if you can mass-produce the Alcubierre drive you can figure out how to send a message faster than the speed of light. Besides that, tachyons exist and can be manipulated.
>>
>>147464023
>if you can mass-produce the Alcubierre drive you can figure out how to send a message faster than the speed of light. Besides that, tachyons exist and can be manipulated.
Anti-telephones are forbidden though.
>>
>>147464000
>No such thing as enemy weapons dictate your effective HP.
what?

If you multiply your hull points times your armor's damage reduction that gives you an effective hit point value that is your effective tank

doing ALL plates or ALL armor is always worse.

You have to combine plates and armor for the best combo
>>
>>147464165
>what are armor piercing weapons

Do you even look at the weapons? Tachyon has a 75% armor penetration value, lasers have 33%.
>>
>>147464325
Yes and you calculate that in.

Armor vs missiles for example gets the full benefit of resists

but if tachyons penetrate 75% your armor, then having those plates gives you more raw buffer to survive better.
>>
>>147464161
And hyperspace doesn't make any sense.
It's not hard scifi.
>>
>>147464452
No, you don't understand, the AI won't do pure builds, he will have retarded weapons of varied sizes on his ships, you can't just say effective HP when you have to calculate in range and random weapon setups.
>>
File: shit.png (882KB, 1274x682px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
882KB, 1274x682px
>>147464000
is this a good design?

3900 hull times 48% resists gives me 8125 EHP

I'm not sure if I should change up my bulkheads so that I have more medium weapons but I assume that battleships are for large weapons therefore wouldn't necessitate any small or medium weapons
>>
>>147464723
If the enemy is using random weapons and set ups then I would assume its pretty much omni-tank and you'd maximize your buffer over resists just so you have all raw buffer
>>
If I share starcharts does that mean I can't research the cybex if I share with someone who already searched it?
>>
>>147465072
No, research projects are different from surveys.
>>
File: untitled12.png (320KB, 607x604px) Image search: [Google]
untitled12.png
320KB, 607x604px
>>147464824
You need those 120 range weapons, the AI uses shields and mid-long range weaponry. By the time you can put your weapons in range with the BC the enemy could half your HP already.

Pic related an enemy AI BC.
>>
>>147464940
Look at the pic posted >>147465179

Every AI uses around the same setup. Pure build counters this so hard you'd have no losses in a same fleet power fight.
>>
>>147465325
>AI is programmed to use a handful of badly-designed ships because making it counterbuild is too hard
Bravo Paradix
>>
How many mining networks/power plants should you have before a power hub/mineral hub becomes worth it?

Also are frontier clinics good or is the +5 habitability not worth it?
>>
>>147319567

I came here just because of this anime in the OP.

Why is she here?

What does she symbolize?

Is Stellaris worth pirating? Any good mods that remove all the "progressiveness" form the human factions?
>>
>>147465505
The AI as I've seen adapts at early stages.
He spams rockets when I used shields and started to use PDs when I myself used rockets.
Of course that might be purely coincidental since I don't have time to play multiple times to test it.
>>
>>147465605
>Why is she here?
Because I, the OP, find her hot.
>What does she symbolize?
The purest yet most immoral love.
>Is Stellaris worth pirating?
Costs you nothing, may as well try it
Remember to empty your recycle bin after you delete it
>Any good mods that remove all the "progressiveness" form the human factions?
See if the OP catches your eye you're supposed to read all of it.
>>
>>147465605
Having blacks and asians in space hasn't been progressive since Star Trek did it 50 years ago.
>>
>>147465874
But having PoC womyn as the only available leaders in the default game? Come on.

At least in Alpha Centauri, the PoC strong independent womyn was an unlikable cunt who could never win the game unless starting with massive luck. And Miriam was a blatantly hypocritical cunt. Actual waifu leaders like Aki-Zeta 5 or Deidre are never coming back.
>>
>>147465325
So what exactly does a "pure" build mean?

Also what is a 120 range weapon? I maxed out on lasers at gamma V and how do i get tachyon?
>>
>>147466148
>But having PoC womyn as the only available leaders in the default game? Come on.
Humans are actually the only species with any appreciable physical diversity in their leader portraits.
>>
>>147466374

Wow. Fucking specieist shitlord.
>>
File: alright_to_sleep_now.png (237KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
alright_to_sleep_now.png
237KB, 960x720px
>>147460991
>It represents influence. It's extremely abstract.
It represents political clout, bureacratic effort, the potential to organize personnel and materials.

The problem is that the upkeed for a Frontier Outpost is gigantic.
You gain some influence in an areas, which lets you construct some mining stations, and maybe secure a planet you can't colonize yet.

This costs 50 influence, and 200 minerals. Plus 1 influence/month of upkeep.
Also, 2 energy like any other station.

This makes the outpost as expensive as a colony. If you add in the upkeep it becomes more expensive than founding a colony on the far side of some alien empire.

But the colony actually starts generating resources and science after two years or so.

The logical step would be to either add influence income to teh planetary capital (instead of the empire capital), or massively reduce the outpost upkeep.

If you do that, you essentially generate a new type of conflict. Let's call it 'frontier war' or something, where you are rnot nuking the other side's colonies from orbit, but fight over possesssion of the now far more numerous frontier outposts and the resources they allow you to collect.

Wow, suddenly we get something to do in the mid-game.
Or maybe I'm retarded because I only slept three hours last night, who knows.
Time to sleep.
>>
>>147466313
>So what exactly does a "pure" build mean?
By pure I mean full armor OR full plate OR shield (shield leeches off so much energy it isn't worth it), full kinetic artillery or full tachyon.

120 range weapons are weapons with 120 range (duh) that's the maximum available range for any weapon (fighter/bombers are shit)+ advanced bombardment computer for the OP bonuses.
>>
>>147466492
While I'm against frontier outposts having lower upkeep I do agree that what we have now is shit, but just letting everyone build outposts for technically free is not a solution.
I think having a limit on it like core systems could help, like 2 stations and building more would add a negative percent to influence gain, like the core system limit.
>>
>>147467259
Maybe the upkeep should be exponential

1 frontier outpost costs nothing to upkeep but 2, 3, 4, or 5 should exponentially cost more and more. This way you can have your frontier outposts but not spamming them
>>
>>147465179
So what weapons should I research or look for?
>>
>>147467554
From the start? Go tachyon, I believe you get them after the 3rd laser.
>>
>>147456917
The stellar cycle of a blue giant would strip any atmosphere off of that world, even if it was orbiting a gas giant.
Paradox will stick shit like that in but no binary systems.
>>
>>147467802
and then how should I build my ship? how should destroyers, cruisers and battleships be fitted?

I have good armor and shield skills.

Should I max out a battleship with nothing but large guns? should I make cruisers with nothing but medium sized weapons and should destroyers have nothing but smalls?

I stopped making corvettes because they die so stupidly quick
>>
>>147467802
Sorry I'm retarded, you get it after the 4th laser.

>>147467980
Personally I think only BCs with tachyons and full armor, build 2 BCs with repair aura, fighter hangars and PDs against enemy bombers and torpedoes.
Anything smaller than a cruiser dies in 2 shots.
>>
Here is a tech tree.
imgur.com/TfkWNGm
>>
>>147468441
>imgur.com/TfkWNGm
too small can't read
>>
havent played in a while

is stellaris playable yet?
>>
>>147468441
Fuck imgur and his compression.
s32 postimg org/phg96nfur/Stellaris_Tree.jpg
>>
>>147467259
>just letting everyone build outposts for technically free is not a solution
They cost 200 minerals, so noone can rush them extremely early.
They also cost 50 influence which means you can't blindly spam them ever.
Unless you somehow maange to get your influence income to +5 or so, which will not happen in the early game.

And probably not in the mid-game where you need the influence to build shit like power hubs and your second wave of colonies, which will likely be further out and cost 100 influence each.

Then there are things like elections and leader deaths, which represent a certain base drain.

And as it was mentioned above, the leader pool is so small that you're basically not able to ever hire a general without crippling your fleet or your colonies.

This could be a relevant decision between spreading my influence to other systems, or better organizing what I have with leaders and policies and edicts.
But as it is I can pretty much always say '5 governors, 6 scientists and an admiral' and forget generals even exist because I know I will not be able to ever run more than two outposts plus Free Thought for the first forty years or so anyway.
>>
>>147466148
You do realize that the president changes every few years and that it can be any race or gender including a white man,
>>
>>147468716
>Unless you somehow maange to get your influence income to +5 or so, which will not happen in the early game.
It's 1 or 2 early game techs.
>>
>>147468976
This.
I actually rush for planetary capitals when I can. This by default gives the extra +2 influence/month.
>>
>>147468716
If you commit to just building outposts then it's piss easy to get 200 minerals. 50 influence is less than 2 years, why do you need so much leaders? 5 scientist is enough to research and scan at the same time. By mid game you already building a shit ton of stations for that free science points since you don't need pop to make. You get beltharian power plants and can colonize huge planets since they are within reach. Too easy to exploit.
>>
>>147468807
My first game ever was as the Commonwealth of Man and after one of my admirals was elected ruler following Sidney's death, he turned into a woman.
>>
>>147470315
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA
>>
Ded
>>
>>147470315
It's the fuuuuture
>>
File: 1458014148272.jpg (173KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1458014148272.jpg
173KB, 774x1032px
>>147473245
Dredd
>>
Do jump drive techs have a certain time period restriction on them before they are allowed to pop up? I always seem to get them around 2350+ but never before, what's the earliest it's popped up for you dudes
>>
>>147479216
they have certain prereqs
>>
>>147479256
Psy techs aside isn't it just the two techs to improve your current form of FTL
I've been sitting on them for just under 100 years
>>
This is going to be a painful unification of Japan. Brazil is a full era ahead of me and has a much large military.
>>
>>147319567
>[YouTube] Civilization 6 - Official Announcement Trailer
Someone needs to fix this link

>>147477192
>>147477593
>deleted
Since do pitybumps of all things get deleted
Is someone reporting or is there a mod amongst our number?
>temporarily blocked
>for pitybumping
This is what I call epic my friends
Wait for history lessons in /gsg/ to get banned too

>>147479216
Nah they're just rare
I've seen it by like 2215 or something when I made all research take a day.

>>147479551
>Clan of Miguel-Huehuehue
>>
>>147428692
>>AI keeps asking me to help them declare war on myself
kek
>>
I'm downloading Deserts of Kharak and Homeworld Remastered. I chose them over Beyond Earth Rising Tide. I already had Homeworld but they were pirates and I wanted to support the game.
>>
>>147481487
thanks for sharing
>>
So I was wondering how to fit my battleship and someone was helping me and told me to equip tachyons well I got tachyons but how should I actually fit my battleships and cruisers?

I have good armor and shield
>>
>>147483103
Pick the sections with large components
Strap the tachyons in with enough power for them and armor
>>
>>147483381
just armor for resists? what about plates for raw hull points?
>>
>>147483448
crystal plating>armor/shields
>>
>>147484215
oh so just plates, never armor for resists?
>>
>"society" research has a lot of biology and genetics
>"physics" research covers artificial intelligence and other CS issues
>>
>>147484290
generally yeah, unless you know the weapons the enemy are using before hand and then maybe some armor or shields can benefit but I generally find more HP to be better anyway
>>
File: losing this war.jpg (163KB, 1081x686px) Image search: [Google]
losing this war.jpg
163KB, 1081x686px
BRAVO PARADOX
>>
File: natalia.jpg (164KB, 1031x708px) Image search: [Google]
natalia.jpg
164KB, 1031x708px
>tfw justice is coming
<3
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 1024x576px
Alpha Centauri worth a buy? I want some space imperialism. And no, i don't mean Beyond Earth.
>>
File: shit.png (3MB, 2437x1440px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
3MB, 2437x1440px
Amarr Empire here

Rate my system

playing with a few mods

-Reduced frontier outpost cost
-Increased planet cap
>>
>>147487838
>space imperialism
Alpha Centauri is set entirely on a single planet.
>>
>>147488227
Right, imperialistically expanding over its surface
>>
File: shameful.jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shameful.jpg
95KB, 640x480px
>>147488083
>letting your empire be split down the middle by some other chucklefuck
>>
>>147488571
I won those systems in a war, it didn't "split my empire"
>>
>>147488083
I rate it extremely low a 2/10 maybe
>2421
>that low research
>2 small meme sectors probably contributing fuck all
>not at war with frubralav dominion to join your two parts of your empires
>fleet power and capacity that low in current year
also where is your government f1 menu in the top left corner?
>>
>>147488667
>>2421
I've been playing it as it goes, I got the game last monday and having a blast.
>>that low research
I already got many of the skills and tech that I needed to expand, I needed energy credits to make sure I could afford the upkeep on my ships so I scuttled some of my research stations.
>>2 small meme sectors probably contributing fuck all
They kind of are doing fuck all, they're full of filthy foreign alien shitters I can't be bothered dealing with because they're always unhappy that I'm so militaristic and materialist and shit.
>>not at war with frubralav dominion to join your two parts of your empires.
They're my tribute via war victory condition.
The second little shit are planets I won in another war I got dragged into for the hell of it.

>>fleet power and capacity that low in current year
I dunno lol I'm trying to get better shit and make a bigger fleet but the upkeep is absurd even with Grand Fleet, the Fleet Academy and shit
>>
File: 1464869559381.jpg (115KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
1464869559381.jpg
115KB, 599x599px
>>147488893
>so I scuttled some of my research stations
>>
File: shit.png (1MB, 1448x939px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
1MB, 1448x939px
>>147488893
this is my monthly expenses. I get so much minerals but my energy creds are always my bottleneck. Undocking the fleets is really expensive
>>
File: shit.png (3MB, 2066x1041px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
3MB, 2066x1041px
>>147489091
this is my governor. Amarr would never let a minmatar be emperor. Its hard trying to be an evangelistic monarchy fanaticist
>>
>>147488893
>to make sure I could afford the upkeep on my ships so I scuttled some of my research stations.
>>
>>147489236
>miltaristic
>hasn't expanded at all
>has several larger blobs existing
>>
>>147479551
Everything went better than expected.
>>
>>147489917
Its hard expanding when enemies have bigger armies than you
>>
>>147489236
>this is my governor
I see where you went wrong.

Are you building a lot of labs? I'd create some sectors either from new colonized planets or current planets and dedicate them to research, Build spaceports on each planet to increase fleet capacity. Try to find a planet with bonuses to energy or minerals and dedicate that planet to whatever bonus it has but prioritise energy. You have lots of minerals and energy for expansion. Your core planets should prioritise energy/minerals in the early stages ie respect tile resources, as you get 100% of the income, sectors you only get a max of 75% of their income but you get 100% of sector research points.

Anyway just some tips
>>
>>147490273
>Are you building a lot of labs?
I just did and it didn't harm my station upkeep that much only 50 energy creds/month extra.

Now I have 120 to physics, 97 to society and 148 to industry.

Yea I'm sort of having a difficult time taking on these large empires. Generally they don't affect me and when they occasionally declare war on me I always have enough defenses to keep them back, None of these MASSIVE blobs ever bring fleets bigger than 8k for some reason so my 20k fleets just run them over, combine that with fortresses on my defenses I rarely have losses.

I was >>147484290
>>147483448
>>147483103
before so I have my armies and navy unfucked for now.

the only other problem I have now is to my south is a bunch of empty space that NO one has taken for good reason, theres no real habitable planets down there worth taking or they cost too much influence to colonize.
>>
>>147489942
Can't say the same for your economy
>>
File: shit.jpg (704KB, 2357x1439px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
704KB, 2357x1439px
>>147490531
FUCK

Amarr Empire here what do I do?
>>
>>147490642
Game ended when I took Rio, but my economy was great before I took Brazil's cities. With a golden age I was making over 600 gold per turn.
>>
>>147489987
It's hard expanding when you let plenty of opportunities pass by
And it's fleets you should be concerned about armies ain't shit
>>
>>147491173
He probably meant fleet.
He doesn't seem like the type to pay very close attention.
>>
File: Dragon Reborn Empire v8.jpg (569KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Reborn Empire v8.jpg
569KB, 1920x1080px
>>147490531
Larger empires will always be difficult as they can support larger fleets and will generally have better tech as they will be able to have more research resources. Are lots of other empires listed as overwhelming for you in fleet power/capacity and tech? Your empire just seems small and very low research numbers for that year.

This was one of my earlier games I think it was even before 1.1 came out
>>
>>147491009
lol you're boned, do you have synthetics?
>>
File: shit.png (2MB, 1687x1005px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
2MB, 1687x1005px
>>147491339
This is currently my biggest problem. They're almost always on the verge of declaring war but they never ever penetrate my borders and always get smeared by my fortresses and raw fleet power.

It says my raw fleet is better than theirs but their naval power is better than mine. I suppose that means I have 3 large fleets and they have smaller but many more fleets with larger numbers?
>>
File: 1464215695515.jpg (7KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1464215695515.jpg
7KB, 200x195px
>>147491553
It means youre a nigger.

Gas the jews.

RACE WAR NOW.
>>
>>147491553
fleet power is the overall strength of your fleet given this >>147488083 your fleet power is about 69k

fleet capacity is 360, so they can support a lot more ships than you but they haven't built them or just have a lot of really weak ships which is weird because...

tech level is obviously how far down the research trees you have gone, so they would have better tech, weapons and buildings etc. than you

If you keep your fleet power above their they are very unlikely to attack, until they are part of an alliance/federation anyway
>>
>>147491938
Ok thats good I dock my fleets near the border where I have some space ports so their fleet upkeep is heavily reduced.

I made some strives to expand south and cover those systems I said weren't exactly colonizeable. I managed to find a good continental planet and I'll branch from there
>>
File: shit.png (3MB, 2529x1440px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
3MB, 2529x1440px
>>147492137
this was the stride I made, I'll probably use a frontier outpost to bridge that gap so I can capture minerals inbetween then scuttle it if I find a superior planet around there

I'm then gonna go further south and push into that bright nebula there, theres a few 14-17 size planets that seem ok and I have the research to colonize them
>>
>>147492397
sounds good, better for you to have the planets than an enemy and there's nowhere else for you to expand without going to war. Colonize the largest planets you can because each planet gives a 10% increase to research cost. I'd suggest to make the southern area into a sector and have them focus on research once you colonize a few planets down there and they get running. You really need to boost your research a bit
>>
>>147492812
I just trained Sentient AI

It appeared strange to me because it was the only Red skill I've ever trained, is that bad?
>>
File: Space Waifus Empire 04.jpg (579KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Space Waifus Empire 04.jpg
579KB, 1920x1080px
>>147492397
>>147492812
Another one of my games just for comparison around the same year as your game, this was on 1.1 and was playing pacifist (as much as I could) and expanding slowly. Anyway each game is different and you take what you can get
>>
>>147492998
>trained
you mean researched right? and it's only bad if you get the robot rebellion crisis which you seem to have >>147491009 lol
>>
>>147493281
oh fuck what am I in for?

I didn't build any robots for use in army or mineral gathering and shit.

How do I stop this Matrix like bullshit?
>>
File: shit.png (2MB, 2110x862px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
2MB, 2110x862px
>>147493281
I just outlawed AI

am I safe or am I fucked?
>>
File: shit.png (919KB, 1237x705px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
919KB, 1237x705px
>>147493487
I suppose I SHOULDN'T train this right?
>>
>>147493353
>>147493487
you're safer, basically all the synths in the universe convert to a robotic empire and rebel against everyone. seeing as you have no robots built you wont have to deal with the fighting from within your empire, but other empires will be getting fucked and you may have to deal with the robotic empire at some point if the AI empires don't deal with it. Just keep an eye on the galaxy map for any big changes
>>
>>147493791
Ok great, thats really good because jesus fucking christ it sounds intimidating as shit
>>
>>147493619
you can just dont build any android or synths, I'm not sure if it's a prerequisite to other tech though, if not then I wouldn't worry about researching it
>>
>>147493882
lol yeah well it's an "end game" crisis, generally one of the more difficult ones.

bit more info if you want
http://www.stellariswiki.com/Crisis
>>
File: Homeworld - S'jet.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Homeworld - S'jet.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>147481487
I'm loving the art style.
>>
>>147494072
Wew, I checked this and pretty much all of them are memes. Paradox has really bad writers huh
>>
>>147494225
terrible, cucked swedes
>>
>>147481487
>Have completed Homeworld and Homeworld2 countless times
>Completed cataclysm countless times rip source code
>Get a few missions into deserts of kharak on classic difficulty
>Start getting my shit pushed it
A shockingly challenging game, with terrain affecting far more than 3d space ever did in homeworld.

I also like the strong ground control vibes.
>>
>>147493132
I have successfully branched southward and colonized three new planets. I added the adjacent mineral rich planets to the sector and called it Paragon Soul. I set the focus to research and theres a system between Querios and Wir that I can colonize to scuttle the frontier outposts
>>
File: shit.png (4MB, 2220x1438px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
4MB, 2220x1438px
>>147495025
fuck forgot the pic
>>
>>147494225
>pretty much all of them are memes
What?
>>
>tfw Firaxis will always choose Nappy for france because normies don't know anything else.

id kill to have Henri IV, Louis IX, phillip II, Francis I or even Louis XIV again.
>>
>>147495210
They chose fucking Hojo for Japan, which even most non normialfags don't know, I'd say have faith. I'm pretty fucking sure Napoleon will be in, but considering having multiple leaders I'd say they'll put Louis XIV and/or someone else too
>>
>>147477593
This was a good manga.
>>
>>147493619
>synths are essentially worthless
>get them every game
>jump drives are objectively the best upgrade in the game
>get them 1 out of my 3 playthroughs in 2450 after I've basically won already
>>
>>147495210
Normies don't really know about Iyeasu or Nobunaga tbf. i really hope to get more than nappy (who'se voice was annoying as hell in Civ V)
>>
How does one deal with the scourge? They showed up on the other side of the galaxy and are accumulating a rather frightening blob. Nobody seems to be doing anything about them.

I sent a 12k expeditionary force and it was met with multiple 50k fleets. If this was a regular war I could count on allies backing me up, but nobody seems to give a shit about the existential threat on their doorstep. Is there any way to at least get your alliance mates to help?
>>
>>147495902
Hire Arthas
>>
>>147494710
I'm glad they replaced the 3rd dimension with a gameplay element.
>>
File: hehehehe.jpg (53KB, 260x218px) Image search: [Google]
hehehehe.jpg
53KB, 260x218px
>>147491009
>This is not good.
>>
>>147495846
Anyone who knows anything about pre-Meiji Japanese history has heard of Nobunaga.
Anyone else can't name any Japanese leader but Hirohito, and the only time he had any direct political power was when Japan was a member of the Axis, committing crimes against humanity.
>>
>>147496249
well, normies don't know shit about pre meiji japan .
>>
>>147496312
When I said anything, I meant ANYTHING. He is the most famous samurai, at least in the West.
>>
>Declare war on 1 planet empire
>Score at 100 of a few years now , nothing happens
>keep waiting , nothing

Well then , wish i was a fanatic militarist
>>
>>147353931
Is that total war Rome 2 at release?
>>
File: 1466987651151.png (2MB, 990x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1466987651151.png
2MB, 990x1810px
Cleo has nice tits
>>
What nations are you hoping for in Civ VI?

I want Mali back.
>>
File: 2085241-civ5leader_harald.jpg (89KB, 481x721px) Image search: [Google]
2085241-civ5leader_harald.jpg
89KB, 481x721px
>>147500316
I want Vikings and/or Danes in the base game
>>
>>147500316
Vietcong with Ho Chi Minh as leader
>>
>>147495157
looking better mate. I make sure sectors respect tile resources and allow redevelopment. Get a govenor with +happiness if you can. Pretty soon I reckon you're gonna wanna go to war and cede/liberate>vassalize>integrate some planets from that green nation, fribunav dominion or whatever it was? If you can. When you do purge any pops that are really unhappy/not your ethos as they generally are not worth it to try to change.
>>
File: sweating man mma.webm (2MB, 726x256px) Image search: [Google]
sweating man mma.webm
2MB, 726x256px
>>147500228
>>
>>147500228
I'd trium her virate
>>
>>147470315

Sounds like a bug.
Humans have 100% random gender/race/hairstyle/name.
There is no code to restrict leadership to gender.
>>
>>147499205
At 100 you should be able to white peace them for your terms, the acceptance should be set to 1000
>>
>>147502468
what did he mean by this?
>>
What do I have to do to get the unbidden to spawn? Every game i've played it's been the Scourge. I can't even unlock jump drives despite researching both wormhole techs by like 2280.
>>
>>147503443
Other empires having jump drives and/or psi jump drives
Basically you need to get lucky with tech and wait a bit with one of the techs researched, both even better
>>
When is Civ VI released? I do know it is this year, but did they give an exact time?
>>
Any idea when the next patch 1.3 for Stellaris is coming out? Probably end of July some time but can't find much info on it...
>>
>>147505534
lol

paradox took the next two months off for vacation. We won't see any major changes to the game until late september.

I wish I was memeing you but
>sweden
>any sort of work ethic/productivity

It still fucking blows my mind that a company can get away with saying "hey fuck you we are not going to do anything for the next 2 months, thanks for buying our game, cya lol"
>>
>>147505910
well fuck me
>How you want your galaxy senpai?
>>
>>147505910
At least we won't have to update our mods for a while r-right guys? hehe
>>
File: Orthus.png (3MB, 1902x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Orthus.png
3MB, 1902x1047px
>fixed Orthus
And ran a settler into him.
>>
File: fpeQBqN.png (295KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
fpeQBqN.png
295KB, 800x448px
Sharing two pics from Cleopatra thread in civfanatics, don't know their source. Might have been already posted here before, dunno
>>
>>147507285
C U T I E
U
T
I
E
>>
>>147507285
its from a video released almost a month ago i think, you can find it on youtube iirc
>>
File: JRS6VMq.png (298KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
JRS6VMq.png
298KB, 800x448px
Best girl
>>
>>147503298
I meant I'd unearth her valley of the nile
>>
File: gamestar_egypt.jpg (628KB, 1448x826px) Image search: [Google]
gamestar_egypt.jpg
628KB, 1448x826px
Pic of their unique unit(war chariot) and most likely their unique improvement(sphinx). But it looks like I am a month late, you guys probably already know these

>>147507396
Just watched it and it doesn't have voice acting, just their commentary. Disappointing desu. I wondered what she sounded like
>>
File: 1464573988639.jpg (70KB, 859x492px) Image search: [Google]
1464573988639.jpg
70KB, 859x492px
>>147489942
>Rio
>61 Pop

What the fuck
>>
>>147500316
The Kingdom of Hungary with the leader John "the Turk Slayer" Hunyadi
>>
>>147507425
she's must be a big girl
>>
File: Civilization Online Cleopatra.jpg (269KB, 840x472px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization Online Cleopatra.jpg
269KB, 840x472px
Do you guys think that tall and wide will be actually balanced in Civ VI?
>>
>>147512206
Yes, but wide is going to be a huge pain to play now that you have to micro limited charge builders to upgrade every tile for every city.
>>
Where's Obama as a civ leader?
>>
>>147512321
Jokes on you, you can always use sub-optimal automated builders.
>>
File: retarded_pants_on_head.jpg (11KB, 211x153px) Image search: [Google]
retarded_pants_on_head.jpg
11KB, 211x153px
>>147515757
>automated builders
>>
>>147512206
They've gotten rid of global happiness, which is a good start. That was always retarded in Civ5, why the hell would the people care if there were other cities in my empire?
>>
>>147512206
tall vs wide is a meme
>>
>>147507974
the one with sean bean has voice acting in it.
>>
>>147322298
Dont try it
>>
File: 1463324614009.png (861KB, 1059x962px) Image search: [Google]
1463324614009.png
861KB, 1059x962px
>>147516269
>tfw I always automated workers in Civ V for like a year before I understood worker AI was retarded
>>
what the hell? Can't you build embassies in stellaris 1.2?
>>
File: 2016_07_05_1.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016_07_05_1.png
1MB, 1440x900px
Soo does the Meta-species events have anything interesting or do I just purge the cunts?
>>
>>147520481
nevermind. Embassies were removed. Decided to read the patch notes. Probably a good idea to remove them.
>>
>>147448021
Zerg will show up eventually in all cases where extradimensionals or Skynet didn't show up first.

Your jump drive trigger is on a semi-randomized timer, it can take 200 years if you don't have both jump and psi jump researched. After 2,000 years it will occur automatically, even if jump drives haven't been researched - assuming the Zerg or robots crisis hasn't happened until that point.

The Zerg still has a 15% chance of occurring until the 251st year.
>>
File: NO DEAL.png (201KB, 314x431px) Image search: [Google]
NO DEAL.png
201KB, 314x431px
>still no empire borders for mac
>>
>>147505468
October 21st
>>
Does anyone still have links to those Civ V generators?
>>
File: 1466451780034.jpg (24KB, 804x446px) Image search: [Google]
1466451780034.jpg
24KB, 804x446px
>>147523567
>mac
>>
Why are genetically modded pops of my original species being such a pain in the ass and wanting to separate, they should know what happens to rebellious pops by now
>>
File: 111222333.png (27KB, 995x309px) Image search: [Google]
111222333.png
27KB, 995x309px
Could somebody please upload the separate human phenotypes mod?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685069894
>>
>>147531628
Nevermind I'm a retard.
>>
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII just came out in English. Is it any good?
>>
Is there a mod that makes the planets smaller?
All I see is mods that make them bigger.
And the top rated one is named "realistic" even though it makes the planets bigger.
Are people retarded?
>>
What's the optimal cunt build for Stellaris? I want to purge everyone and be repugnant.
>>
Quick question, exactly how many corvettes should I be having in my fleets?
>>
File: United_Empire_Defeat.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
United_Empire_Defeat.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>tfw Amplitude gets bought by SEGA
At least it's not Paradox.

https://www.games2gether.com/games2gether/blog/452-amplitude-joins-the-sega-family
>>
Anyone got the Civ 5 roulette? I want to roll
>>
File: 1453943150497.jpg (325KB, 872x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1453943150497.jpg
325KB, 872x1224px
>>147535797
Nevermind, found it.

Rolling.
>>
>>147535969
Rolling too
>>
>>147502313
>fribunav dominion or whatever it was?
Oh I already tributized them, their resources is whats kept my massive fleet afloat for the longest time.

They're actually happy to be my tribute surprisingly but their loyalty is waning
>>
>>147522106
PURGE!
>>
>>147522106
they appear to be happy

if they are consistently unhappy and shit and their political stance directly contradicts yours then fuck em
>>
File: 1456347843304.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456347843304.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>147535969
Denmark
Oval
Culture victory

It looks like I'm going to be carving all my runestones out of jade.
>>
>>147508274
CBP
>>
File: 1441705151769.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441705151769.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>147538073
>discover fishing
>see this

my DICK
>>
>>147538073
Jade?

>>147538669
Being able to see fish after discovering fishing? The fuck are you playing?
>>
>>147539430
CBP
>>
>>147539430
CBP

>>147538669
You are going to have a lot of food, my friend. I hope you went Tradition.
>>
File: 20160705005025_1.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160705005025_1.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
>Actually bother to write a backstory for the new species I've created
>Mention their world is isolated and tectonically unstable
>Load game a pic related in their homeworld, in a system on the very tip of one of the galaxy's arms

Couldn't have been a more perfect start....however, I'm pretty sure they're fucked in the long run
>>
>>147539993
That planet's on a fucking collision course and sandwiched between 2 Gas Giants.
>>
>>147539993
Good thing paradox planets don't move an inch in a thousand years.
>>
File: Ghost Aliens.jpg (361KB, 1913x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Aliens.jpg
361KB, 1913x1075px
Bravo Paradox
>>
So, in Civ VI cities will be multi-tile. Which is nice.

But they still have those huge fucking tiles with unit speed 3 tiles per turn being superfast?
I always felt huge tiles were kinda stupid and after anti-stacking was implemented (Long overdue, IMO) it just broke the game.
>>
>>147541925
The hell do you mean by "huge tiles"?
>>
>>147541925
Huge tiles? What?
>>
>>147541925
>So, in Civ VI cities will be multi-tile. Which is nice.
Which is also strait-up stolen from other titles.
>>
>>147541925
1UPT would have been fine if they had done what every other strategy game did and made units move 6 or 7 hexes per turn. But they decided that the single most radical change in civ history would be fine in isolation and left it so that units could barely get out of their own way.

That and not being able to select multiple units. X-COM Apocalypse did it 18 years ago fffssssssssss. I know that was an RTS too but it's a good idea and cuts down on the tedium that plagues every TBS.
>>
>>147542195
>>147542205
Basically, what I was trying to convey is that I think the game would be better if unit speed, line of sight and all the rest as well as map size would be multiplied by 5 or even 10.

By "huge" tile I meant how much space does it represent. Large enough to spend entire turn to cross one. Large enough to be unable to see further then one. Et cetera.
>>
File: tumblr_nba2wx7CKH1spr6r4o4_1280.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nba2wx7CKH1spr6r4o4_1280.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>147535780
Fuck, I hope it doesn't end terribly for them nor impact ES2 too much.
>>
>>147542467
Oh, I get you now.

While that would be nice, would cities have a increased radius too? Even just stretching them out to 6 tiles instead of 3 would mean over 120 tiles to a city.
>>
>>147543170
Well, I started my post with commending multi-tile cities. I don't think they need to grow much, crossing or encircling a city is not a monumental affair. But it's nice if they do.

I also thought that cities are more or less as large as workable area is, or at least this is how far suburb sprawl.
>>
>>147542307
Nothing wrong with that. Originality is overrated.

>>147543370
I suppose it would be more realistic at least. It sounds like an interesting idea, just beyond the depth of what Civilization is trying to accomplish.

I really enjoyed Caveman2Cosmos and the epic feel it gave to how you grow a village into a nation. A new game or at the very least a mod along those lines would be well suited to having "small" tiles.
>>
>>147543934
>Originality is overrated.
No it isn't retard.
>>
>>147542307
its heavily expanded on. the districts in endless legend were boring as fuck. welcome to the game industry, people borrow off eachother all the time.
>>
>>147544196
A good idea is a good idea, and there's no reason you should let the fact it's someone else's idea stop you from using it. They're making video games, not submitting academic theses.
>>
>>147544413
>A good idea is a good idea,
Yeah and repeating it ad nausem isn't a good idea

Originality is what drives any creative industry
>>
>>147544573
how many games have districts in them like civ 6 is showing?
>>
>>147544573
Originality is also what's driving dozens of shitty indie games to be shoveled down our throats every year, in the desperate hopes that one of them will be novel enough to make a quick buck.

Original =/= good, or fun.
>>
>>147544727
Endless Legend, Elemenal: War of Magic, Elemental, Fallen Enchantress

>>147544810
And it is what gave us great indie games too
>Shoved down
No one is forcing you to play shit

>Original =/= good
Wew in a creative industry originality is inherently good. An attempt to make something new is always better than rehashing something

>fun
Fun is buzzword, you might fun to play the same shit time and time again, but I, and most people, don't
>>
File: tumblr_mneuuwMbdZ1spr6r4o4_1280.jpg (539KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mneuuwMbdZ1spr6r4o4_1280.jpg
539KB, 1280x720px
>>147542641
ES2 will be the first Amplitude content I do not pre-order.
>>
>>147545012
wow, 4 games, so many. considering the space between all of them being released, its perfectly fine. and yea, no one is forcing you to play shit, and no one is forcing you to complain about how civ 'stole' districts and is repeating it ad nausem, which it isnt, because barely any 4x games out of the hundreds of titles have done this sort of thing. it is also new for the civ genre, something that people are applauding. and as for
>you might fun to play the same shit time and time again, but I, and most people, don't
have you seen how popular the civ genre is? and how popular mobas are? lol.
>>
>>147534517
None. If you desperately want them then multiply by 3 from top tier to bottom. 1 Bship, 3 Cruisers, 9 destroyers, 26 corvettes.
>>
>>147545343
>have you seen how popular the civ genre is? and how popular mobas are? lol.
Because of the randomization element
MOBAS are e-sports, they don't get in the same category

If an musician release an album every year and its the same fucking album, or if it has a straight up copy form other albums, it won't be very popular

Originality is what drives any creative industry. Sports are not a creative industry.
>>
>>147545343
>no one is forcing you to complain about how civ 'stole' districts
And no one is forcing you to become so butthurt about me complaining about the lack of originality in the next game or criticizing your shit opinion that somehow originality is overrated in the game industry
>>
>>147545702
so whats the problem with civ copying what relatively few other games have done before, expanding it heavily, and making it a core part of the game, causing it to play very differently from previous civ games? do you just want games to make everything new? nothing can be taken from any game that had it previously?
>>
>>147545940
The problem is the lack of originality, bitch
>>
I can't wait to buy the Blood dlc for Endless Space 2, lads.
>>
File: logh.jpg (1MB, 1035x1307px) Image search: [Google]
logh.jpg
1MB, 1035x1307px
>>147546137
Why so angry?
Problem is lack of polish. Good ideas bad implemented.
Good polished product don't need be original.
I still wait for more polished upgraded SMAC or MoO. With the same mechanics just better graphic and better UI. The same ideas but perfected.
Some people like what they already know.
Original ideas are hardly polished and because they are original rarely perfected.
With the new ideas old becoming abandoned and never polished.
Its kinda counterproductive.
>>
>>147545012
>Endless Legend
Has only one kind of district that just lets you spread the city. No specialization. No buildings exclusive to certain districts. They're just get big projects.
>Fallen Enchantress
Districts are the only type of expansion a city has. No other improvements beyond what goes on top of resources. No strategic placement of districts - it doesn't matter where they go because any part of the city is the same as the city center for the purposes of attacking.

So, yeah, nice job making his point for him: no games have districts the way Civ VI is using them. The fact those games originated the concept doesn't matter, because those weren't Civilization and this is, with all the details and features that entails. It's not a rehash, it's a remix. Last I heard, remix albums can be pretty damn popular.

I'd rather have a game that does what I like, does it well, refines it, and builds around it, instead of a game that does something completely off-the-wall bonkers that I may or may not like at all.
>>
>>147546869
>Why so angry?
I'm not the one who got butthurt when I called Firaxis on their lack of originality
>>
>>147546945
>It's not the exact way civ is using them so it's tottaly original

>>147546869
btw "polish" is another buzzword, add that to "fun", "deep" and "epic"
>>
>>147546971
Not me either. you bark at wrong tree anon.
What is exactly wrong with coping ideas?
Isn't it how progress work?
Check what other guys doing and if it work do it and do it better?
Not even mentioning that actually Firaxis changing Civs. Civ V is different tahn Civ IV and Civ VI looks like they gotta use some different solutions. Hardly the same.
Also look at Stardock. They had some new ideas but their games aren't fun to play. They lack polish or good crafting skills.
originality =/= fun or good game
>>
>>147547139

Fuck off. If polish was a buzzword, we'd fucking see it in games.

Every time some fucking shit clips, every time a menu doesn't work right, every time controls fuck up, that's where polish is fucking missing.

Not going straight to starports from the colonies screen when you click the modules is lacking polish.
Losing a fleet because you can't order them to retreat if they are already leaving due to no access is missing fucking polish
>>
>>147546971
im not butthurt though, im not the one calling things buzzwords like the typical /v/ user.
>>147547139
there you go again. buzzwords are literally just different ways of describing things. so, instead of polish...well made? well done? there you go. and no ones saying that its totally original, you're putting words in other peoples posts. civ 6 is taking an idea and refining it, and putting a lot more effort and thought into it than previous games did. pretty much every game out there does it. all of your favorite games have done the same.
>>
>>147547139
btw 'originality' is the other buzz word like fun, deep, epic
>>147547139
They gonna perfect the idea. isn't that good?
What is the problem exactly?
Do you dislike the idea of districts?
or
Do you like it but dislike how they are implemented?
>>
>>147547139
>Who cares if they're using the same concept in a new and different way, it's still copying and so it automatically sucks

I'm excited as fuck for districts in Civ 6 and your irrational hatred of refining and remixing game concepts that already exist isn't going to change that.
>>
File: 1438828569632.png (8KB, 581x54px) Image search: [Google]
1438828569632.png
8KB, 581x54px
>>147547496
>What is exactly wrong with coping ideas?
Nothing, I didn't say that. I said that they stole the idea, which prompted you to reply that originality is overrated

>Isn't it how progress work?
No, progress work through he accumulation of knowledge and development of new stuff
Originality is what drives our society

>They lack polish or good crafting skills.
Spoken like a good PR representative.

>>147547549
>Fuck off. If polish was a buzzword, we'd fucking see it in games.
We see it used all the time in the industry. Where the fuck have you been?

>Every time some fucking shit clips, every time a menu doesn't work right, every time controls fuck up, that's where polish is fucking missing.
Polish in itself doesn't mean shit. It doesn't mean less or more bugs. Go google "polished mechanics games". Do you think people discussing "polished mechanics" are talking about "mechanics without bugs"?

>>147547643
Yes you are, you started by spouting that "originality is overrated" which is frankly one of the most retarded things I ever saw here and then went on to defend firaxis lack of originality like a rabid fanboy

>>147547813
Nice strawman.
>>
>>147548236
>which prompted you to reply that originality is overrated
That was me, not him. Is it really so unbelievable that more than one person disagrees with your assessment?

>Nice strawman
You don't understand, I'm not attempting to engage in debate with you and failing because I'm making a logical fallacy. I'm telling you Civ VI looks rad as hell and no one but you gives a shit about other games that happened to have the word "district" in them in the past. Just end yourself, Brad.
>>
>>147548236
There is <fuck> >you.
>>
>>147548236
originality can be stated as a buzzword as well. if you're so intent on only playing games that are totally original, what 4x games have you played recently?
>>
>>147548850
>That was me, not him. Is it really so unbelievable that more than one person disagrees with your assessment?
No, it's unbelievable that more than one retard thinks originality is overrated
Though not really, the world is filled with dumb people

>I'm not attempting to engage in debate with you and failing because I'm making a logical fallacy.
No, you wrote something I didn't say implying I said it
Look over the original statement. I'm not saying Firaxis is bad for what they are doing, I'm pointing out they stole the idea
EL has it, and it's a much better game than any of the last games firaxis made, including Civ5, XCOM and BE
>>
>>147549302
>I'm not saying Firaxis is bad for what they are doing, I'm pointing out they stole the idea
and......who the fuck cares? endless legend stole quests from mmo and rpg games. do you care about that as well? no one gives a shit. theres no need to point that out except that you're being an edgelord.
>>
File: 1439431219192.png (814KB, 776x602px) Image search: [Google]
1439431219192.png
814KB, 776x602px
>>147549302
>EL has it, and it's a much better game than any of the last games firaxis made, including Civ5, XCOM and BE
>>
>>147549289
Originality can be used as buzzword, but it isn't in the context we are using it
We are talking about firaxis lack of originality. This isn't using it as a buzzword. Same way you can say you polished your shoes. Polished in that context isn't a buzzword either. Now say a game has "Polished mechanics" or "Polished an idea", those are normally buzzwords.
>>
>>147549510
Apparently, someone cares enough to defend firaxis by saying that "originality is overrated"

> endless legend stole quests from mmo and rpg games
>le slippery slope
wew

>theres no need to point that out except that you're being an edgelord.
>being this butthurt
wew
I'm sorry firaxis PR department, next time I will use the PR-approved words. Instead of "stolen idea" I will use "polished innovative mechanics". Or would you rather I use "deep gameplay"?

>>147549513
It's true Firadrone.
>>
>>147549754
says the endless legend shill. are you mad that civ took something from your favorite game and made it better?
>>
>>147551973
Don't you mean that "the firaxis team polished an idea, making it more fun, deep and engaging for an epic experience for all civilization fans" ?
>>
>>147551973
>made it better
It's not even released, what are you smoking?
>>
>>147549754
Endless Legend is certainly more original than Civ 5 and XCom, but it's not a better game.

Like I said before, originality is overrated. Some of the best games ever made are unoriginal as fuck. For example, the original God of War was about as generic an action game as you could get, and yet it received near universal acclaim from critics and players alike.

Likewise, what the fuck did Witcher 3 do that was truly original? Am I supposed to believe that Dark Souls somehow pioneered the concept of being really fucking hard? What's original about Age of Empires II? What did Symphony of the Night invent? How is Quake not just "Doom, but better"?

Sorry if that triggers your autism.
>>
>>147552259
no shit, but the endless legend system was so barebones that even the stuff thats been shown so far makes it a million times better.
>>
>>147552275
>universal acclaim from critics and players alike.
Nice shill lingvo, but you are not fooling anyone.
>>
Heinlein when
>>
>>147552259
Shill dollar bills

>>147552275
>originality is overrated
Nah, you are retarded

>God of War was about as generic an action game as you could get
>God of War
>one of the best games ever made

>witcher 3
>one of the best games ever made
>dark souls
>the whole concept is being hard
Stop, I can only laugh so much
>>
>>147552375
It was only shown, also EL has problems even with bare-bone borough management on large maps in late game.
So I expect it will be a full-blown micromanagement shitfest comparable to BE trade units in Civ6.
>>
>>147552416
Yeah, God of War didn't actually sell 5 million units or win any Game of the Year awards. I'm getting paid half a cent per post to shill a 12-year-old game that runs on a discontinued console.

This thread sure filled up with contrarian retards in the last hour.
>>
>>147553220
The only retard here is the one that originality is overrated
>>
File: 593c71b123fb271f4c0f615967f6ce9b.jpg (614KB, 1654x2339px) Image search: [Google]
593c71b123fb271f4c0f615967f6ce9b.jpg
614KB, 1654x2339px
Distant Worlds: Universe is an objectively better game than Stellaris.

>planets orbit their stars, moons orbit their host planet
>interesting and challenging pirates
>endgame is more challenging
>better ship designer, and individual components can be damaged on each ship
>can see how many billions of xenos you purge
>larger, more diverse and longer tech tree
>realtime
>huge galaxy
>pre-warp drive start
>more than two resources
>no mana
>the 2d sprite graphics manage to look better than Paracocks shitty, shiny art

The list goes on. Just uninstall Memellaris
>>
>>147553336
That thinks*
>>
File: 1344001783495.png (546KB, 567x622px) Image search: [Google]
1344001783495.png
546KB, 567x622px
Holy shit guys just stop.
>>
>>147553428
Ship designer is terrible. Whole ship system suck. They really should make it hull based and look how to make a good ship designer somewhere else(MoO).
Resources are not better. Sure there is plenty of them but population don't need any resources, planet development don't need any resources, you have only fuel(few types), luxury(few types) and resources that builds ships. No refining, no raw materials-halfproducts- products, no syntesis of resources. Its shit.
Combat is bad but mostly because of Ship designer system.
DW is far from perfect. Also UI is ugly as fuck.
>not defending Paradikcs as stellaris is pile of unpolished shit but DW isn't that great.
>>
>>147554336
>Ship designer is terrible. Whole ship system suck
Not even him but I much prefer DW system.
It isn't perfect but it's damn better than stellaris, and actually more detailed than a lot of designers out there.

> No refining, no raw materials-halfproducts- products, no syntesis of resources.
It's still infinitely better than any other 4x game out there. 2 resources in stellaris is shit. In MoO the system is too simplistic too. I'd taje DW system over the abstract shit most games have any day.

>Combat is bad
That's the only thing I agree, but the problem with combat is the lack of tactical orders. Then again, most space 4x games suffer from this
It's better than stellaris at least

>caring about the UI
>>
>>147553220
You are not shilling GoW right now, but you use the lingvo shills use for any game.
>I'm getting paid half a cent per post to shill a 12-year-old game that runs on a discontinued console.
Well, you are shilling an unreleased game for the same price. You've played neither of them, so it doesn't even matter.
>>
>>147554707
I didn't really compare DW to Stellaris.
>not caring about UI
Anon you spend all game looking at this shit at last it should be good looking and well made.
>>
>>147555275
I don't even mind the UI
>>
>>147555275
>caring about the UI
I don't play the game to admire the UI

>I didn't really compare DW to Stellaris.
Compare to other games then. A system where goods move, are used to build stuff and fuel is important is way better than most 4x games out there. Shit I'd be happy if you could point a game with a better and more detailed system.
>>
>>147503250
If you make demands, it's not a white peace.
>>
>>147553428
>huge galaxy
Distant Worlds has about the same system size as Stellaris. Yes, the upper limit is 1400 compared to 1000, but in both case the game will start lagging well beyond them, so it's kind of arbitrary.

Also the tech tree is kind of disappointing, not in intent but in execution. The idea was clearly to force a decision between short-term gains and long-term efficiency, but in practice the difference is fairly negligible and if you really need a tech you can barter for it or failing that, steal it. The real decider in these games is the economy and the tree there is more of a line.
>>
>>147554336
I haven't played DW but
>No refining, no raw materials-halfproducts- products,
Are you actually autistic? This would be an incredible waste of the player's time.
>>
>>147556472
DW runs substantially better on the huge galaxy sizes and individual stars have a lot more going on in each system in DW. It's not uncommon to run into systems with 9-10 colonizeable planets, a few gas giants with moons and multiple asteroid groups.
>>
>>147555785
>>147556545
What is
>Victoria and old Imperialism.
That would need actually trade system. With industry, population needs and other stuff.
Now its just gathering. Very primitive system.
Don't get me wrong DW is step in the right direction but lack from perfect. Worst thing is there is nothing really similar or any competition.
>>
>>147556839
I haven't played Stellaris so I'll take your word on it.

I also haven't played a vanilla game of DW because I've been too busy modding it for my 2000-star map that gives me shit FPS because the galaxy is full of smelly dumb trader scum breeding and taking up space
>>
>>147556963
None are space 4x games

>Don't get me wrong DW is step in the right direction but lack from perfect. Worst thing is there is nothing really similar or any competition.
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>147556963
Oh, you meant some kind of industry system. I thought you were talking about being forced to turn "raw" materials into "usable" materials before you could do anything with them, which is pure autism.
Having an automated industry that uses resources to make consumer goods would be good, yes, but as Victoria demonstrates it's an enormous resource hog.
>>
>>147556963
Space liquor memes would be a step backwards.

When you're dealing with empires on a galactic scale refinement of materials is an unneeded step to portray due to sheer volume of material and population involved.
>>
>>147556545
>>147556963
I'd really like a Transport Tycoon in space game that focused around being the private sector side of Distant Worlds.

Apparently there is one but I haven't actually looked at it because I am a graphics whore.
>>
Stellaris is going to be fantastic in like 2 years
>>
>>147557118
Both Victoria II and DW have some years under their belt and could use some optimization. Apparently both Vicky 3 and DW2 are under production right now, and hopefully the economic aspect retains some level of depth in both but can be optimized to not destroy older CPUs
>>
>>147557325
Stellaris is going to be the same shit or abandonware in 2 years
>>
>>147557224
The biggest problem with the Distant Worlds economy is the lack of transparency.
You have a billion resources but no indication of what they do, "components" the composition of which is shown nowhere, the % bits next to planets which I'm still not sure about after a year with the game.
And all this is made worse because of how important the economy simulation is to every facet of the game and how a bottleneck can fuck you up. I have had the entire interstellar economy stalled for literally 20 years with nothing getting built because nobody could build the spaceships to carry the materials to build the spaceships to carry the materials.
>>
>>147557405
I'm not optimistic about Vicky 3 but I will buy it if the economy is better than the inscrutable nonsense we got in V2. Rumor has it the only guy who actually knows how the code works is the guy who wrote it, and he quit Paradox, which is why neither expansion touched it despite it being a major component of the game.

>>147557589
Paradox games are always junk on release. The only real exception was CK2 and even that was better after the Muslim, republic, and pagan DLCs.
>>
>>147557895
There's actually an expansion designer who lets you know what's in shortage and where to get it.
>>
File: one cpu core.png (510KB, 631x613px) Image search: [Google]
one cpu core.png
510KB, 631x613px
>>147557405
Speaking as somebody playing on a laptop from 2010 I really couldn't give a shit about older CPUs, mostly because I have experienced firsthand the troubles with the current single-core engines and the lag it produces.
>>
>>147558057
>designer
meant planner
>>
>>147557250
Yeah Transport Tycoon is really comfy game.
>>147557118
yeah something like that.
What really cracks me up in DW is that you need resources only for ships(fuel and construction).
Population should consume resources.
Population growth should consume resources(new infrastructure)
Development rating should consume resources both to rise and maintain
Having mines,refineries, factories that extract/refine/produce things that are needed/wanted on different types of worlds would really help fleshing trade
Right now civilian sector just gather resources and this is all.
There is no mine worlds that extract resources and get food and trade goods from farm worlds and developed worlds.
Having factions inside nations(like guilds, fiefs, merchant league, corporations etc) that could compete for profit or power inside nations would be next step. But now its just fantasy.
>>
>>147558137
I have a quad-core lap toaster from 2015, so I suppose I meant "old" as that because neither Vicky 3 nor DW2 is going to be released until at least 2020
>>
If something is -10% ethics divergence. Does that just effect the chance of them changing ethics?
Or can I build it on a planet with a load of filthy different ethics primitives and they'll start to switch over to my side?
>>
>>147558509
V3 will probably be out in 2 years.
And it's almost certainly going the way of EU4 and HOI4, so the reduced complexity and depth will mean a reduced processor load.
>>
>>147559814
Positive ethics divergence makes pops adopt ethics that are different from the government's.
Negative makes them adopt ethics that are the same as the government's.
It's tracked per-pop and there are multiple factors, including happiness and distance from the capital, so a single -10% boost isn't that much.
>>
File: 20160705155020_1.jpg (281KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160705155020_1.jpg
281KB, 1920x1080px
>oh hey the first intelligent species we've met in our galaxy
>there is plenty of space to live together
>let's get real close to them
>we can't even live on those planets

Why can't the AI establish a urinal policy? You don't need to be next to me if there are other spaces to occupy.
>>
Anyone have the ID for the authoritarian emblems?
>>
>>147560238
I can't wait for tophat mana, railroad mana, and gun mana.
>>
>>147561503
The resources next to you might be better than the resources elsewhere.
>>
>>147562059
Does HoI4 have mana?
>>
>>147507285
But she's Greek
>>
>>147563387
And?
>>
>space amoeba warps on top of my wormhole station at the beginning of the game and murders a science ship
Thanks Paradix
>>
>>147566276
>not telling your science ship to warp away to another system while the amoeba is on cooldown from warp travel
>>
>>147566276
losing is """""""FUN"""""""
>>
>>147567048
The science ship was warping in and I wasn't paying attention.
Just lost my other science ship to a crystaline entity that spotted it from a few AU away, so I'm throwing that game in the trash.
>>
>>147567254
The amoeba sucks then, but with the crystalline entity you should be able to just tell your ship to warp right out to another system if it's wormhole travel. Don't have to wait for a retreat if you are at the edge of the system.
>>
>>147568175
It was warping when it died.
>>
>>147570162
Acquire proficiency
>>
dude space lmao
>>
is this thread for civ 5
>>
>>147573503
that's what it says in the OP champ
>>
>Get anomaly that clears all tile blockers from a planet

This is sweet
>>
>>147573503
No, it's for Distant Worlds.
Civ 5 questions should be posted in /gsg/
trust me. would I lie to you, anon?
>>
File: This is bad.png (789KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
This is bad.png
789KB, 1366x768px
Should I start preparing my fleet?
>>
>>147574580
I dont remember this event
>>
>>147574580
of course
>>
>>147574825
I think sanctuary randomly spawns.
>>
Why is being a fascist so difficult? I just want to infiltrate and enslave primitives and eventually purge them and replace them with robots.

Lacking energy credits is a fucking bitch.
>>
>>147561503
>encounter Ix'Idar Star Collective
>nothing
>encounter UN of E
>Wow, intelligent life!

Are my pops racist?
>>
File: shit happens.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
shit happens.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Just when I was thinking on infiltrate this world, this happens.
>>
File: 1467578920633.png (514KB, 790x1118px) Image search: [Google]
1467578920633.png
514KB, 790x1118px
>>147574580
>Haven't found sanctuary in any of my games since it first came out
>>
how do we make hyperspace viable?
>>
>>147578284
It's simple.
We kill physics.
>>
>>147578437
Well I mean in the context of Stellaris

wormhole is just the GOAT and Warp is always good but hyperspace can just dick you if you're unlucky
>>
>>147578284
play hyperspace only, it's pretty good.
>>
>>147577462
Should have send Gort before it was to late
kinda wish we had that option
>>
>>147578284
Hyperspace only

Iserlohn for days

alternatively, some mid game tech that enables you to create hyperlanes between systems

maybe early game and make it cost a lot mineral and energy-wise, with techs that reduce the cost or make it mroe reliable later on in the game

>jury rig a hyperlane
>send huge fleet through it
>half of it gone as you pop out of hyperspace
>>
>>147505910
It's uncommon to work in the summers in Sweden. Everyone takes vaccation because at every other time in the year the weather is depressing.
Mostly health service jobs work the entire summer, it costs so much to employ people during the summer.
>>
So how many years have to pass for the plethorin/unbidden start to appear?
>>
>>147581336
2400s
>>
>>147581336
Minimum is 100 years I think
After that it's random chance with a chance that it never happens no matter what.
>>
File: 1464327790292.jpg (18KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1464327790292.jpg
18KB, 499x499px
>>147516705
>get nuked
>my people are happier now because our population went down
>>
>>147584301
>implying the same thing wouldn't happen in real life
>>
>>147512206
Hopefully they'll dump tall and focus on making wide good.

>those huge tracts of unclaimed land that no one will touch because of research penalties
>>
File: 20160706000308_1.jpg (383KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160706000308_1.jpg
383KB, 1920x1080px
Rate my star nation.
>>
>>147586778
why is your individualist ethos blue?
>>
>>147586778
>xenophile
Disgusting
>>
>>147587006
Mod that color codes ideologies. Pretty small but neat.

>>147587086
>disapointing Sagan this much

Heresy.

Basically The Enclave is the Commonwealth of Man except not shit. Earth still exists and is in a pretty good spot.
>>
How do I become a science god?

Every time I play every other AI faction always seems to race ahead of me sciencewise

Please dont tell me they just get some bullshit buff if you play on hard to science
>>
>>147579140
>jury rig a hyperlane
>send huge fleet through it
>half of it gone as you pop out of hyperspace

And 5 years later they reappear only to find the war they were fighting is already over.
>>
>>147587424
Declare war on a fallen empire, give up after collecting debris
>>
>>147587424
Normal - The normal difficulty settings.

Hard - AI Empires (except your vassals) get 50% extra production (including Energy Credits.png energy, Minerals.png minerals, and Physics Research.pngSociety Research.pngEngineering Research.pngresearch), build 50% larger fleets. They also receive an -25 modifier to alliance offer and an -50 modifier to peacefully become vassal to human player(s).

Insane - 100% extra production (including Energy Credits.png energy, Minerals.png minerals, and Physics Research.pngSociety Research.pngEngineering Research.pngresearch) and twice as large fleets. They also receive an -50 modifier to alliance offer and an -100 modifier to peacefully become vassal to human player(s).

As of the Asimov patch 1.2, difficulty no longer affects the willingness of AI to form pacts or alliances.

http://www.stellariswiki.com/Settings#Difficulty
>>
>>147587323
>Mod that color codes ideologies.
That's retarded.
>>
>>147574580
I saw Sanctuary once when turning on observer mode. Always wondered what's this about.
>>
File: it's time.png (816KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
it's time.png
816KB, 1366x768px
I'm about to start, knowing i'm gonna lose terribly
>>
>>147588051
Well thats annoying as shit

So I can either play on normal and be bored shitless as the AI cant compete with me, or play on hard/insane and be unable to compete with the AI
>>
>>147588808
It's a UI mod, you can rightfully fuck off and not use it if you think so.
>>
>>147589216
Why would you want it? You can tell at a glance whether an ethic is moderate or fanatic by looking at color, because green is always moderate and orange is always fanatic.
If it changed the color of the symbol in the middle, that'd be fine, but you've gone and downloaded a mod that changes the UI to be less communicative. Even if it makes the fanatic symbols a slightly different color, you're still stuck memorizing two colors per ethic, which is retarded.
In other words, the mod sucks and so do you.
>>
>>147589154
Yeah it's gay, they don't actually play better they just use cheats.
I dont find hard that hard at all, well most of the time it's pretty even which is good. The 50% extra fleet is straight up bullshit though.
>>
new thread when
>>
>>147589396
I would be fine with them having more resources than the player for power/minerals, I dont think thats too much of a boon to the AI and it would lead them to build more armies and fighting you more often. Plus the AI isnt as efficient as the player in the first place.

But the rest is annoying as shit, whats the point of playing as a faction that specializes in something like science in the aim of being the best at it when any other AI faction gets a buff that totally outclasses whatever government/traits/ethos you take.

>just found a mod that fixes it
Thank god
>>
File: 1444928790333.jpg (1KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1444928790333.jpg
1KB, 125x125px
>>147589535
>>
>>147589394
There is a white circle around fanatic traits m8
>>
>>147591037
That sounds pretty ugly.
>>
Photoshopped Civ VI pics from civfanatics
>>
File: LxnXZNg.jpg (344KB, 1919x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LxnXZNg.jpg
344KB, 1919x1080px
>>147591952
That was stupid, I was sure I chose the pic
>>
File: myversion.jpg (288KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
myversion.jpg
288KB, 1279x720px
>>147592110
>>
File: Screenshot_Civ.jpg (262KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_Civ.jpg
262KB, 1279x720px
>>147592269
>>
If anyone wants to modify the difficulty of Stellaris, this is the file, you can just search the name on the search bar

Also
>hard/insane
>fallen empires get a 50%/100% increase to damage
>>
File: Capture.png (35KB, 635x831px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
35KB, 635x831px
>>147592932
>forgot image
derp
Thread posts: 771
Thread images: 139

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.