[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/edg/ Elite: Dangerous General / Icy Torpor Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 758
Thread images: 98

File: 1467220218563.png (1MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1467220218563.png
1MB, 1240x1754px
>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
http://eddb.io/trade/loops
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, land on certain planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
http://inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
http://inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
http://www.edshipyard.com/
http://coriolis.io/

Don't you dare buy a Cobra, we'll know.
>praise the vision

PREVIOUS THREAD
>>145824698
>>145824698
>>
ded thred
>>
File: Fixing Powerplay.jpg (283KB, 1428x766px) Image search: [Google]
Fixing Powerplay.jpg
283KB, 1428x766px
>>
>>
Approximately how long would it take to mine 500 tons for the engineer in an Asp or Conda?
>>
>ded at 300 replies

I think it's time to stop.
It's fitting, really. /edg/ goes to sleep on Father's Day.

See you fags in 8 months.
>>
>>146004239
>orca
>multi-purpose
nice meme. I just sold my orca because of it's shitty jumprange and manouvrability
>>
ONE(1)[Uno]{Oднa}<Ett> FUCKING JOB /edg/ all you had to do. Keep the thread alive
>>
Rate my Battle Cutter

https://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cutter/2putuFplxdusCf62c1v1v2828282802020404030303034p072d5o3c2d2dv42f.Iw18ZZA=.Aw18ZZA=
>>
So, what is yor opinion on engineers, edgelords?
>>
>>146005408

A
>>
>>146005408
I love it

I'm not even kidding I love being a space scavenger. Hate the bugs though. hope they fix those soon
>>
>>146005408
2.1 was the final straw for me.
I didn't mind 2.0 and had thought Engineers plus the updated mission system would end up with you being given specialized missions with the payoffs being engineer upgrades and with the stories Braben kept telling, that maybe some upgrades might be illegal.

NOPE! It's all grinding for a turn at the gambling table and maybe a spin of the wheel.

Personally, I blame Sandro. This is so far out there from being fun that only a braindamaged alien like him could come up with it. Braben is some kind of idiot child that has a vision but no idea how to implement it and Sandro is always the one that figures out how but always in a way that makes no sense to human thought.
>>
File: Capture.png (109KB, 1360x830px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
109KB, 1360x830px
Forum dads out in full force
>>
>>146007283
>get better internet
OH MY SIDES ARE FLYING TO ALPHA CENTAURI
>>
>>146007283
Holy shit that guy's a dumbass
>>
File: Capture.png (2KB, 260x21px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2KB, 260x21px
>>146007283
That's it. I'm fucking done.
>>
I wonder if I can still get a refund
>>
>>146007714
He is free!!! Watch with me brothers! Praise be to he who is unshackled!
>>
>>146007714
you'll be back
>>
>>146007714
>stupidity of player base influences my opinion on the game
You're not any better than they are honestly
>>
>>146008405
Frontier caters to the dads who suck their dick at every opportunity
Dads may as well be devs
>>
File: Screenshot_0064.jpg (155KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_0064.jpg
155KB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>146007283

>SC is fine

I will never fucking understand this. SC is fine for the most part for destinations 500ls or less but after that it just takes for fucking ever getting anywhere. It's so soul crushingly depressing because it's such an easy fix. All they need to do is increase the acceleration and deceleration. But of course this won't ever happen because dads love staring at starfield screensavers.
>>
File: 359320_20160615021222_1.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
359320_20160615021222_1.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>
oh shidd boys it habbening :-DDD

thargoids NAO
>>
File: Screenshot_0067.jpg (232KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_0067.jpg
232KB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>146012118
>asp in front of a star
literally LITERALLY never seen it before
>>
File: uhhh.png (343KB, 969x960px) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.png
343KB, 969x960px
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4ou23c/happy_fathers_day_to_all_the_elite_dangerous/
>>
File: 1409234850967.jpg (139KB, 590x450px) Image search: [Google]
1409234850967.jpg
139KB, 590x450px
>>146011189
https://twitter.com/drewwagar/status/744423971026837504

1200ly is what, 3-6 hours for an armada of alien invaders bent on revenge?
>>
File: Screenshot_0074.jpg (136KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_0074.jpg
136KB, 1680x1050px
>>146012353

how about an anaconda?
>>
>>146013591
>>146012732
Please explain. I don't understand what is he talking about
>>
>>146013591
thargoid JDs can hit 500LY. and it said he's running AWAY from the core

prepare to get assfucked in tionisla, boys, welcome to the Rift
>>
>>146013591
RIP Chekov
>>
>>146014043

MUH THARGOIDS!!!

The mystery update at the end of the year is probably Thargoids. I hope you enjoy getting pulled out of witchspace every other jump.
>>
>>146014732
>We only have interdictions every millisecond so how about we also interdict you every millisecond in hyperspace
>>
>https://twitter.com/CMDR_Canthor
>https://twitter.com/CmdrKhelder

people like this exist. these are real people.
>>
>>146014245
I hope we'll be able to loot thargoid shit
>Corvette with 300LY jump range
>>
>>146016964

Don't be so demanding you entitled milennial, don't you see how this would make the game too gamey?
>>
>>146017071
t.cobramacdaddy
>>
>>146010142
Shame supercruise will never be scrapped. It's not enjoyable playing a game in which all of the content is some invisible signal floating in space.
>>
This Sothis thing is shit with my Type 7, any other ways to exploit the game for fast bucks? I don't have enough for a Python yet.
>>
File: 1454204010208.jpg (207KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
1454204010208.jpg
207KB, 692x960px
>>146014880

After thinking about it a little bit, this reminds me a lot of playing on an old SS13 RP server.

It was pretty fun playing there at first. Everyone was great, the atmosphere was comfy, and it was just generally enjoyable to play on that server. But then we started getting a lot of players that would felate the admins whenever they could. Then the admins started making events and forcing the lore of the server to revolve around these players that they liked, essentially pandering to them. They kept forcing the entire server to go through events where the whole crew was killed, or ruining entire characters because they didn't like them. It was pissing off a good portion of the playerbase, but whenever someone complained, the circlejerk would come a-running and basically tell us to fuck off or that everything was great and that we were just not enjoying the server right, the server had never been better! And so a lot of the players, myself included, left. About two months later, the server shut down because they bled players quickly, and couldn't hold on to any newer players because of their shitty events that ALWAYS revolved around their circlejerk.

I feel as if Elite is going the same way. The story and updates only go the way forumdads want it to. Engineers that required you to grind for hours? PowerPlay being a broken mess? Thargoids making the game unplayable by killing you and making jumps between systems nigh impossible? Go play EVE! This is the way Elite is meant to be played. It's Elite DANGEROUS, remember?

>mfw realizing some forumdads write their posts almost exactly like a few of the faggots that ruined my favorite server
>>
>>146010142
>SC is fine for the most part for destinations 500ls or less but after that it just takes for fucking ever getting anywhere.
- Up the max speed and acceleration (yes the Clarke reference will be gone) to make long-distance travel less painful.
- Tweak numbers (I'm not sure how exactly) so that fun stuff like gravity braking is more powerful.
- Give us a proper system map and possibly tweak stuff so that avoiding planets in the path gives you much faster trips.
Make it interactive is what I'm asking for I guess.
>>
>>146020763
>slingshot yourself around the sun you arrive at
>instant 200c velocity
>use nearby planet to gravity brake
>from 200 to 2c in 10s
>>
>>146020717
The fact that the newsletter is so obsessed with what the reddit faggots are doing every week is an indication that it's going the same way as your thing .
>>
>>146020763

Gravity breaking actually works but it's highly dependent on the orbit of the station and where exactly it is in that orbit. I think the gravity and mass of the planet itself might also play a role in it but who knows. I have successfully sped myself up and used a planet's gravity to break before but it only really works if the station is on the other side of the planet relative to you, otherwise you'll just slingshot yourself around and the drag of the planet will reduce your speed to sub 1Mm/s speeds for the rest of the journey, which at that point you may as well just set your speed to the blue zone and let the nav computer control your speed.

Your changes look great, and I'd love to see stuff like that.
>>
If EG Pilots win, will their faction literally have that name? That would break the fourth wall.
>>
>>146021403

Have you seen some of the system descriptions where player groups have had themselves inserted as the controlling faction?

It's way too late to worry about the 4th wall. Or good writing for that matter.
>>
>>146021671
Why don't we make our own group and system?
>>
>>146021671
give me an example
>>
>>146021272
I use gravity braking just cause it's fun, I have no idea if it's actually faster than the standard method.

I think supercruise as an idea is fine the implementation is just bad (though I guess that pretty much sums up ED in general).

Tweaking a few numbers could make it a lot more interesting.

For example make it quicker and easier to drop in and out of signal sources. In other open-world games you're walking or driving so stopping to look at something interesting by the roadside doesn't massively eat into your travel time, but Elite's slow acceleration, instancing pauses etc. make it a pain to check these things out. At least they added some info to the signal sources though, that's a step forward.

Maybe make it so fuel scooping depends on speed, so high-speed orbits of a star could fill your tank much faster than dropping to minimum speed. Make the refuel speed continue to scale right up to the SC limit so you have people skimming the drop-out line to maximise refueling speed.
>>
>>146021730

Because that's faggotry, anon.
>>
>>146020514

Asp is much better for Sothis.
>>
>>146021864
Chinaman space is a good place to start looking for awful writing. Lots of player factions got themselves placed there because of the convenient discounts and ended up getting stations UA bombed because of their presence.
eg: Ising Dock in 109 Piscium used to have one of the best selections of ships and modules. Now it's shut down.
>>
>>146022238
Ok thanks, now to find a place that sells the fucker.
>>
>>146021891
>Maybe make it so fuel scooping depends on speed
I'm pretty sure it already does depend on speed.

It's always looked to me like the fuel scoop and heat generation rates are functions of your distance from the star and your speed. Where moving faster will let you maximize your harvesting rate at a higher altitude, while you need to dive lower to cap it out at a lower speed.

I know a friend of mine likes to refuel his ship with his shitty fuel scoop by dropping down to minimum SC speed, getting enough close to the star to max out his fuel capture rate, and going AFK for a few minutes.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I routinely max-out the harvest rate with my conda's 7A fuel scoop as I make a high speed pass by the star with the throttle wide open, hit the frameshift drive button the moment it goes off cooldown, and jumping away with my heat meter in the high 90's
>>
>>146022693

Any system with a high-tech rating will have it, in all likelihood.

I use the following build for doing long range smuggling:
http://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/05C5A5A4C4A5D5C----------f604422t020101.Iw18WQ==.Aw18WQ==?bn=longbus

This will take you around the area of 450LY without needing to refuel, which saves time but costs you cargo space. If you skip the extra fuel for more space you'll need to watch your fuel and remember to scoop. You'll also spend more time with cargo, due to having to stop for scooping, which adds up to more interdictions. You will probably earn more money per run though.
>>
>>146021891

Personally I would love if they implemented something as another anon said, where gravity could be used to slingshot yourself to achieve higher speeds and faster travel, and making gravity breaking more profound so you could actually use it to slow yourself down enough to make it to a station.

I think a huge problem that people don't bring up is the "safe drop" speed. I don't know what's going on with it because sometimes it's 8Mm/s but usually it's 1Mm/s which is fucking ridiculous. I wish it was set to something like 10Mm/s, I think a lot of problems would go away since you wouldn't have to decelerate as much.
>>
>>146022321
Any 4th wall breaking group descriptions?
>>
>>146022945
Fuel scooping is distance. Literally stick your dick in a star and you'll reach the maximum rate you can take in fuel.
>>
>>146022945
>I'm pretty sure it already does depend on speed.

It has nothing to do with speed, just proximity and facing. You can literally park at minimum speed and scoop at full rate if you're close enough to the star and facing it.
>>
>>146023045
Thanks a lot dude.
>>
>>146023045
Personally I go full cargo and fuel scoop. Sometimes I sell my shields if it allows me to take that one extra mission.

I have two bounties on my ass and still always make it in one piece, thank fuck for mines and dumbfire missiles
>>
>>146023052
I'm just not sure how gravity slingshot and braking would work with SC. How would the game know when you are slingshotting and when you are braking?

I think they changed safe drop speed for signals. They should just make it higher in general to make hitting it at the right time at full speed a bit more of a reflex challenge.
>>
>>146023045
what are good systems for smuggling? I can't seem to find any in the 300/500LY belt around the bubble
>>
Anybody want to share IGNs?
>>
>>146023475

Safe drop speed for signal sources is now related to the speed you were going when ti spawned. Like if you're going at 11C now it'll have a safe drop range of 11Mm and speed tolerance of 11Mm/sec.
>>
Why can't we make our own group/player faction? Surely someone is autistic enough here to see it trough
>>
>>146023573

Sothis or Ceos comes to mind.

Robigo if the station(s) ever get fixed.
>>
What's the best way to grind money these days? I have about 20m
>>
So I just picked this up.

How do I play?

I have a logitech extreme 3d pro that i just finished fiddling with so flying feels ok now.

Do i just do missions till my eyes bleed or wat?
>>
Anyonoe know of a decent place to grind imp rank?
>>
ceci n'est pas un bump
>>
>>146025694
Blaze your own trail, CMDR :^)
Don't let other people tell you what to do and just do it o7
>>
>>146025694
buy as many cargo racks as you can for your starting sidewinder
find a hauling mission or a data courier mission to a nearby system
upgrade your FSD ASAP or some places will be literally unattainable
upgrade your ship and save up until you can buy a bigger ship and upgrade it outright
>>
>>146025694
>Do i just do missions till my eyes bleed or wat?

Yep. Enjoy the VISION.

Bulk trading is the easiest way to earn money consistently, but earnings scale with your cargo space, so it might not be the best for someone new. It's also boring as hell unless you like work or use it as an opportunity to catch up on podcasts.

My advice would be to start out with some trade/courier-related missions until you've made enough money and flying experience to decide what your next move is. Missions don't scale well income-wise when you get to the more expensive ships (unless you're doing long range smuggling), so it's useful to find an activity that suits you so you can plan ahead for ship purchases and the like. I can post a ship buying guide in a moment.
>>
No one here? Am I alone in spehs?
>>
>>146028093
in spess no-one can hear you scream "there's nothing to fucking do"
>>
>>146028093

I am giving cloth to the slavbros, so that dads don't get their favorite jewtuber his own powerplay faction.
>>
>>146026369
What activities are there besides missions?
>>
>>146025694
Do courier/hauling missions for a bit to familiarize yourself with the controls, learn how to take off and land and all that shit, then refer to the chart

>>146004239

Upgrade according to whether you want to go exploring, hauling, combat, etc.
>>
>>146028968
Bounty hunting, which consists of either interdicting wanted people in supercruise or farming pirates in resource extraction sites (ranked blank, low, high, hazardous in terms of danger/rewards). There's bulk trading (buy shit here and sell it there). There's exploration (go out into the universe and scan shit). There's lots of little activities to do that are the same no matter where you go.
>>
>>146029261
is bounty hunting in a sidewinder advisable?
>>
>>146029406
Should be easy enough, just pick on targets the system security is already hammering and you'll pick-up credits pretty quick. (System security doesn't kill steal).
>>
>>146029406

You CAN do it, but don't just pick fights with any old ship at Resource Extraction Sites or Nav Beacons, follow system security around and whoever they shoot at, target and try to get one shot in before they die.

And I might as well say this, you might as well get any stupid shit out of your system while you are in the sidewinder, as the penalties for dying in that aren't really a thing.
>>
>>146029406
I'd say do a bunch of missions until you have about 150k-200k in credits, which shouldn't take too long, then upgrade to a Viper Mk III. Start off with gimballed (auto-tracking) weapons, but start teaching yourself how to shoot without the tracking as eventually you'll want to learn how to do fixed. That Cobra duel in the training missions can help you get started with fixed weapons, as you'll have to use the railguns to take down the other guy, and those only come in fixed. Start with some pulse lasers on the small hardpoints to take down shields and some multi-cannons on the mediums for hull.
>>
>>146029406
Oh, one more thing:

Never, EVER fly without insurance money. You can see what the current cost to rebuy is on your stats menu (when you look right in the cockpit). If you don't have enough when you die, you just lose your ship forever, unless you complain on the forums that you died because you had to take care of your wife's son or whatever
>>
>>146029869
lol, sounds good.

Also, lets say I was gunning for a system that was super far away and im now floating in space with no fuel.

Do i just pack it up and give up or?
>>
>>146030150
>No fuel

Just kill yourself. You're starting ship isn't worth much.
>>
>>146023475
>slingshotting = on a "slingshot trajectory" (closer to the edges of the yellow circle than the centre, or maybe even outside the circle)
>braking = when centered (ie on impact trajectory)
not sure if it'd work but it's possible
>>
File: 1465978729025.png (1MB, 900x4241px) Image search: [Google]
1465978729025.png
1MB, 900x4241px
>>146029406

If you want to start bounty hunting right away, what >>146029745 said about the Viper is correct.

If not, I'd get a Cobra as my second ship. It's not the second coming of jesus as the dads on the ed forum think, but it's not shit like /edg/ memes it out to be.
>>
>Arrive in system
>FAS interdicks me
>Escape
>Arrive at station
>FAS arrives at station
>Why hello there
>Fire railguns and heavy plasma at me
>Plasmas miss and impact the station
>Station flips its shit and kills the FAS
>>
>>146030404

done similar things

>robigo smuggle run pre nerf
>drop down into realspace to station
>elite python drops down with me, hardpoints deployed
>demands cargo
>go into no fire zone
>he starts leaving
>back out
>he comes back
>continue getting him ever closer to no fire zone
>stay outside long enough to get shot, boost into zone
>he follows and is fried immediately

I wonder if the AI still does this...
>>
Thanks for the help bro bros, got another question, why is private play a thing? Thought this was like an mmo type deal?
>>
>>146030953
Kickstarter backers who wanted a pure singleplayer game, just ignore it and play open.
>>
File: 1453166340521.jpg (69KB, 447x453px) Image search: [Google]
1453166340521.jpg
69KB, 447x453px
>friendly with anarchy pirate faction
>pirates still fucking interdict me and attack me because VISION
>always run because actually trying to get this faction's influence up and killing them lowers their influence
>flying in system, NPC says he wants my tasty cargo
>what
>check cargo
>apparently i picked up some engineer commodities from a mission or something
>cant escape interdiction, whatever, submit
>boost boost wake
>go check out a USS
>he immediately pops up in front of me despite him not even appearing in SC again
>hes in a DBE
>can out maneuver my fucking A rated Vulture, takes down my shields with one pass
>fuck it, run away again
>interdicts me AGAIN
>submit and say fuck it, this shit is worthless on the market and i dont even fucking have horizons anyways, dump it all for him
>YOU HAVE MADE A WISE CHOICE
>god fuck you, jump back to SC so i can get back to station
>hes back again asking for my cargo
>check cargo, yup, i gave it all to him
>mfw task manager, kill elite process

I fucking hate this game. I love playing it and just dicking around but it's almost as if the fucking game WANTS me to hate it so it does everything it can to make my session miserable.
>>
>>146030953
Oh, poor sweet naive anon. You have much to learn about the VISION.
>>
>>146030953

I don't even know, probably so the forum dads had some eternal bogeyman to bitch about constantly therefore keeping the pace of the game similar to molasses in January.
>>
I want a Federal Assault Ship but I don't know where to go to grind rank. Is any system better than any other?
>>
File: 1463770881252.jpg (32KB, 640x466px) Image search: [Google]
1463770881252.jpg
32KB, 640x466px
>>146030953

I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4owltk/i_just_uninstalled_elite_heres_why/

How fucked am I when the forum dads see this?
>>
>>146023103
>>146023297
It's both. Go fly tangent to a star and fuck around with your throttle. You'll see the fuel rate increase as you boost throttle and decrease as you cut throttle. Distance to the star is just more influential than speed.
>>
>>146031786
>doesn't like supercruise

F
>>
>>146032508
New dude here, but I just experienced the interdiction minigame and that shit was cancer
>>
>>146032665
just remember that the sidewinder is one of the most agile ships in the game
>>
>>146032738
is that an /edg/ meme or?

because holy shit...
>>
>>146032912
yes it is

IIRC it's Eagle=AspS>Vulture>Sidewinder=FAS in terms of agility

the federal gunship is the most agile ship in supercruise but I suspect it's a bug
>>
>>146032912

It's true.

I was gonna tell you to check the OP for links to the wiki, but there are none. Here:

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Elite_Dangerous_Wiki
>>
>>146031180
>been exploring since 2.1 hit
>return to the bubble yesterday, do a couple missions to check out the new board
>boost away from interdictions because im still in an unarmed explorer >ASP
>go get my FAS to try out C3 multis
>interdicted by an asp scout for my cargo worth 400cr
>shields drop, get hit on the top by a missile
>all the weapons on my underside instantly break or malfunction
>wut
>>
>>146033070
>yes it is
wait my bad no it isn't fuck
>>
>>146031180
>doing a mission
>transport 4 units of biowaste for 800k
>two pirates spawn, both in FAS
>Get interdicted. submit, escape
>Immediately get interdicted by the second, boost, escape
>Immediately get interdicted by the first
>etc etc
>>
>>146032170
Welp, fuck me. I just realized that my approach wasn't completely tangent. More of a shallow dive.

Fuck.
>>
>>146032508
Supercruise is lame though.

I mean, I like the concept of it, but I don't think it should be gotten rid of entirely to fix it. Just double the acceleration and deceleration rate. Make it increase exponentially the further away you are from a gravity well. Something, anything, just make it not take so fucking long. Make putting pips to engines give me a boost. Or give me an automatic disengage option, so I can go jerk off or something while I supercruise through boringspace.
>>
>>146033379
>give me an automatic disengage option

This. Combine it with your other suggestion, so you can choose between two supercruise modes:

>Boring old SC as we know and love.
>Autocruise: Steer ship towards target, engage. you will cruise to and drop in to the target automatically. This can be balanced by you being unable to fight interdictions, submitting instantly. Also, once locked you cannot steer or unlock unless you shut down your cruise fully. It effectively hinders you from dropping down into signal sources.
>>
THIS FUCKING GALAXY MAP SHIT WHAT THE FUCK

Using a map should not make me ANGRY
>>
>>146034653
and this is even the improved version, it used to be worse
>>
>>146034653

what seems to be the issue?
>>
>all these pirates and bounty hunter AIs in Cobra and Viper IVs

I feel like I'm skeet shooting here.
>>
>>146035226
Sounds good commander, i've just about nudged the 5th anaconda out of my butthole now
>>
File: Screenshot_0071.jpg (97KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_0071.jpg
97KB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>146033995
An autocruise like this would bug the fuck out if the destination is behind anything.
>>
>>146034859
>Look at the system map concepts
>This is somehow the result
It's like you have a recipe and all the ingredients for a wonderful pasta dish, but you ignore the recipe and just microwave some spaghettios instead. Then when people complain you sprinkle some Parmesan over the spaghettios.
>>
File: 5679736256.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5679736256.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>146037426

>Autocruise cannot be engaged: Target obscured.

Fixed. Why handle it any different than with longjumps?
>>
>>146037918
Why is that shit red and neon green?
>>
File: frontier2.gif (6KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
frontier2.gif
6KB, 320x200px
>>146037705
The worst thing is that fucking F:E2 and F:FE had a proper orrery map.
>>
>>146033379
Supercruise is the reason that you'll never feel like you're actually in space. It's the reason why any stellar bodies/debris/stations will feel like they were placed there for the purpose of a video game instead of part of a real universe.

I remember when I first played the game (a year ago or so) and didn't know how to actually disengage supercruise, or that I was in it. Every time I got close to the station I wanted to reach it wouldn't show manifest. I couldn't figure out why the station wouldn't actually show up. Eventually I figured out how supercruise worked, the speed you need to be going to actually disengage it and how to. Suffice to say it was a terrible first experience of the game, a mechanic that puts you into a magical "out of universe" place that can't physically interact with anything was a horrible idea.
>>
>>146038661

Whenever I'm in supercruise, I feel like my ship becomes huge and I'm traveling across a room. It's awful and I can't stop thinking about it every time I go into SC.

My first time that I went into SC, I figured out how to get out of SC, but I didnt know about the disengage speed. This led me to hopelessly mashing J to try to emergency drop myself at a station. It was pretty awful.
>>
>>146033183
>do long range runs RP as pacifist smuggler-hauler
>cargo isn't worth lives after all
>also too stubborn to jettison a single tonne
>get careless and unlucky one time
>and another time to a fast imp courier with impulse lasers
>fit mine launchers on all 4 small hardpoints
>figure I try them out on a pirate, just to slow them down
>it's surprisingly effective, accidentally lay one pair of mines too many and he blows up
>figure I better get good at this to make runs a bit less painful
>oops
>am no longer a pacifist smuggler-hauler
not as effective as a gunship, but for some low-weight/power insurance mines sure are efficient af for hauling
>>
>>146038964
This is effectively the problem with the scale of the game.
Yes it puts you in awe the first few times, but once the novelty wears off you don't actually feel the impact of this scale. And a big part of it is just how slowly you accelerate and decelerate. You never get that jump to lightspeed oomph because it's taken up by a shitty instance shift into the SC instance from the normal space instance.
>>
>>146039608
>You never get that jump to lightspeed oomph because it's taken up by a shitty instance shift into the SC instance from the normal space instance.
Something they did recently has made my normal space to SC shift really smooth, like in the trailer smooth. The SC to normal space shift is still fucking awful though.
>>
>>146039608

My biggest problem with SC is the sound effects. I don't know what the hell it is about it but it's just grating on my ears and doesn't sound like what a ship going many times the speed of light should sound like, atleast from a sci-fi point of view.
>>
File: euclid the fuck.gif (17KB, 186x249px) Image search: [Google]
euclid the fuck.gif
17KB, 186x249px
>randomly chance across someone I added as a friend from a previous incarnation of /edg/ a long-ass time ago
>say "what's up, long time no see"
>he unfriends me without responding

rude
>>
>>146041569
reeee social interaction
>>
File: no fun button.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
no fun button.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
Holy shit how is this alive?
>>
>>146041862
the Vision sustains us

it flows through us, replacing what's left of our souls
>>
>>146041862
necromancy
>>
How long until the game doesn't suck?
>>
>>146042668
10 year plan anon. Another 8 left until the vision is complete.
>>
>>146042729
I know it won't be done for a while, but when is it actually going to be playable for those of us not blessed with severe autism?
>>
>>146042826
Never.

Frontier have no reason to change because people with severe autism are their #1 customers.
>>
>>146042916
Fuck.

I just want to space.
>>
>>146043145
Are there even any other good space games coming out?
>>
>>146043145
Wait for dual universe :^)
>>
>>146043223
Not anytime soon.
>>
>>146043223
No, but plenty of good old ones if you haven't played them
>>
>>146043929
Playing FS2 and I-War at the moment.
>>
>NMS comes out
>Can explore planets and fly around without having to deal with """"fun"""" """"""""immersive"""""""" bullshit.
>Don't have to wait 5 years just to be able to walk around on not barren planets
Can't wait desu fampai
based on videos it looks like combat is even better.
>>
>>146044595
Yeah unlike the rest of this thread I'm actually looking forward to NMS.

It's going to be superior comfy that's fer sure.
>>
>>146043223
Dreadnaught looks pretty fun
>>
>accept elite rated gold delivery mission
>3 jumps away
>get chased by ai during all my jumps
>drop down into target system, station 50ls away
>we need the cargo elsewhere CMDR :^)
>"only 45LY away, that's like two jumps, not bad"
>Station distance: 11,526LS

I still had a mission marker for the original system, so I tried delivering the gold there, but it seems like they didn't give me a chance. Now I've got a 950k bounty and 90t of stolen gold. Fuck this shit, never accepting a trade mission besides smuggling again. 11k LS of interdicking is more effort than I can muster.
>>
>>146045987

I had one of those bait-and-switch missions for a station 300K+ LS away. That was delightful, let me tell you.
>>
>>146045754
What game is that?
>>
>>146046591
Round-based PvP space game build around you piloting huge ass ships in a large arena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFD5QjEwiXw

It's class based, so you'll have fast fighters and heal tanks.
>>
>>146046946
Looks cool
>>
>>146047143
It'll be free when it comes out, but you can buy into the beta with $10.

Alternatively, just hop on the game's subreddit and use the sticky to ask for a beta key.
>>
>>146047476
>just hop on the game's subreddit and use the sticky to ask for a beta key

I'll give that a shot. I want to play before I give them any money.
>>
>>146047476
>Alternatively, just hop on the game's subreddit and use the sticky to ask for a beta key.
Cheers, I was interested in this game but wasn't sure where to get access to it.

Do you know if it will be grindy like Fractured Space?
>>
Do you guys think Chris-chan would play Elite Dangerous?
Would he like it?
>>
>>146047785
>Do you know if it will be grindy like Fractured Space?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the main grind is going to be getting new ships. Gear is going to just be side-grades. So, a gun that has higher rate of fire will have lower damage to balance the change.
>>
>>146047785
It's fun but really, really grindy currently.
>>
Been playing a bit but stopped after my fourth time getting killed by pirates while on missions. What guns to get on my ship and what ship to get to make some money?
>>
>>146048381

If you're in your Sidewinder, it's almost not worth bothering. It's too cheap to care about getting killed in it, and it's too fragile to fight in.
>>
>>146048381
What's your budget?
If you want neetbux you could try turretfarming. Still enough time to get 10k. Then you'd be getting 50mil next week's Thursday. Would help you 'get started'.

Otherwise you should probably try stealing kills at a RES.

The best ships to make money: Anaconda and Cutter.
>>
>>146048381

The first entrance to start earning money will be the Cobra. It's versatile enough to fit for some light fighting, exploring or trading.

If you keep getting killed by pirates this early you're probably trying too hard to fight back. You won't be good enough, and the sidey just isn't powerful enough.
>>
File: corvette.jpg (699KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
corvette.jpg
699KB, 2560x1080px
Does anyone know a good system(s) to grind some Fed rank?
I desperately need pic related.
>>
>>146050023
No you don't.
You want it, but you don't need it.

Does 17 Draconis donation grind still work?
Ceos/Sothis has a Federation aligned faction who provides donation missions. Not a lot, but a fair bit, at least for me.
>>
>>146050023
I have it and i feel pretty meh
>>
>>146050113
17 Drac is in a civil war, no donation missions there. Tun is but a shadow of its former glory since 2.1 hit.

I know some spots where farming Imp rank is a thing, with many data courier missions betwee parallel systems. But I do not know of similar Fed systems.
>>
>>146050114
I want to feel meh like you.
>>
>>146050871
It feels great the moment you get it. It feels great while you are outfitting it. Then you take it for a spin to a RES or interdict some shitters. Then it hits you.

This is what you get for grinding for a long period. The ship ain't that overpowered or awesome. It's not even that fast. You've reached the end and what's there in store for you? The adventures and stories you make up in your head. So get that >visionary >imuhgination going and start rolepalying.
>>
>>146051849
I've already got a fully A-rated battleconda. I know what the grind is. I just want two C4 Multicannons on my ship 's all. That and scare the shit out of thats, and expand my Wing's minor faction into other systems.
>>
>>146051957
*out of dads.
>>
why do you guys still play the game?
>>
>>146052593
It's not like there is anything better to do. I've got 300 hours invested into the game. Fuck Overwatchm fuck Total War: Warhams. I only want to play Elite. It's shit, but it's less shit than other shit games.
>>
>>146052593
I've made a series of poor choices which have culminated with me having no money for other games. Elite is all I got.
>>
>>146052593

Because I played through Doom three times already.
>>
>>146052593
Because I still like it.
I have adopted the Dad philosophy I suffer from severe Stockholm syndrome and have completely embraced the VISION.

I can fly around with the ship of my choice, shoot ships and not care about anything else. I can immerse myself in a world that's an inch deep with my own imagination.

Essentially I could replace my Elite experience with a pen and paper but I couldn't FLY anything or enjoy the impressive sound design. Also, my expensive HOTAS and Rift setup has to be used for something.
>>
>>146051849
In any case none of the big ships really give you access to any new gameplay. It's just the same shit but slower and with more guns. Or more cargo space.
>>
I tried. I tried to get into a community but literally everyone that plays this game is a full blown RP fag who will get triggered to a temper tantrum should anyone voice an opinion he doesn't like.
I don't give a fuck about 99% of the community as long I have 1% that has a "git gud or die trying" mindset.
>>
>>146053246
Just look for the right groups, Anon. I am in a group called The 9th Legion. We DO NOT do any silly RP. We just fly together from time to time and do some powerplay for the minor faction we have in the game. That, and we have some friendly banter on the Wing's forums. That and we have zero pleb forumdads and redditors in the group. We just play for fun.
>>
>>146053632
... Minor faction you have in game?
How do you get that?
Find a system with a minor faction and choose that as yours and then do missions for that faction?
>>
>>146051849
That's what the vette did to me, it's done, i've reached the apex, nothing more to do. Now i fly a multipurpose conda that has basically every function a ship can have and salvage/meddle in all sorts of shit
>>
>>146053884
I fly a Federal Dropship and pretend I'm deploying troops to planets and assault bases..

I also fly a Federal Gunship and destroy everything imperial I see with my full dakka dakka.

also equipping everything with just railguns is fun as all hell
>>
>>146053632
>Important - please be pledged to the Emperor when you apply to join the 9th Legion
>We will not be able to process your application until this is complete.

:^)
>>
>>146053632
>The Empire
for what reason?
>>
>>146053818
You ask Frontier to have your faction inserted into game, complete with dery description, You can then do missions for your faction in order for it to gain influence or even expand and go to war with other minor factions.

>>146054068
Bask in her fucking glory, scrub. Fuck the feds.
>>
>>146054461
>We DO NOT do any silly RP
>Bask in her fucking glory, scrub. Fuck the feds.

You're shit and your group is shit.

o7
>>
>>146054461
The empire should be exterminated from existence desu
>>
>>146054874
But muh space milf and space Idolmaster
>>
>>146054841
lel get rekt
That's not RP, Why the fuck wouldn't you pledge?
> M-muh indepentend, plediging is uhrpee..
>>
>>146055314
Pledging is not RP
Forcing someone to pledge to your specific selection in order to join your group, that is RP
>>
>>146055314

Pledging is not RP, and no one has stated otherwise.

>Bask in her fucking glory, scrub. Fuck the feds
is most definitely RP, however. Enjoy your cuckshed, your wife is expecting. Dad safely, CMDR o7
>>
>>146055314
Holy shit you are cringy as fuck. I bet your homo friends in your legion are even worse
>>
File: luyIA0Q.jpg (482KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
luyIA0Q.jpg
482KB, 2560x1080px
>>
>>146054461
I suppose you need to have several people sign to to do that? Or can I write my own fiction and ask ftroop to insert it to a remote anarchy station?

Also why no /edg/ faction???
>>
>>146056256
I wish we had our faction but it doesn't look like anyone here is autistic enough to bother with that
>>
>>146056256
There could be an /edg/ faction. One of us just needs to infiltrate into the gulag and apply for a faction. Too bad the waiting list is 6 months...
It would be glorious though. We could all help the faction becoming fuckhueg and expanding.
>>
>>146058539
I down with someone doing this.
>>
>>146014732
>>146012732
Reminder that Thargoids formed an Alliance with humans at around 100 years before Elite:Dangerous
>>
>>146058850

VISION retconned that.
>>
>>146059072

Or perhaps I am reading everything wrong from all of the random ass posting that Ian Brookes made recently on their forums. But even then his post leaves a lot to be desired.
>>
>>146058539
Would also make the general puposeful, plus it'd be fun fucking with the game like that.
>>
>>146059754
Well, feel free to go request your group at the gulag and set up an Inara wing to solidify your request.
>>
>>146058539
>>146058803
>>146059754
Essentially we need to agree on certain things.
- What type of faction it is pirate, obviously.
- Where is the home system
- What would the backstory be, so that it isn't full of memery that it gets accepted.

I can be the one who does the contacting and writing if we actually agree on things that once it is done someone says fuck that shit and leaves.

Technically what we need is Archon Delaine but better?
>>
How do I rank in empire?
>>
>>146061112
You don't anymore.
If you want ranks build a time machine to go back before the vision claimed them.
>>
>>146060756
Delaine is kill.
Best thing to go for is independent.

If we are willing to do this seriously, I am prepared to go into the gulag and apply for the faction in a stately fashion.

We'd have:
- A faction to play the game for and to expand.
- A friggin purpose instead of grind to grind
- An official backstory
- Nothing, really.

Still, if /edg/ can put in some effort, I'm willing to help out.
>>
>>146060756
Faction: Pirate - Agreed
Home System - Don't mind but should be somewhere Neutral to the War
Backstory - Has to be so crammed full of dank memery not even Braben notices.
>>
>>146061764
Donation missions don't exist anymore?
>>
>>146062025
>somewhere Neutral to the War

Basically an independent pirate planet who's influence we can expand and control the course of.
>>
>>146062081
They give shit for rank points because dads got mad people who valued their time were progressing through fictional navy ranks too quickly.
>>
File: X2g0TNw.png (28KB, 884x470px) Image search: [Google]
X2g0TNw.png
28KB, 884x470px
>>146060756
I don't think factions can be pirate.If I understood correctly you have to go by this table. Can we be independent prison colony, anarchy or dictatorship?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/177719-Establish-your-own-Minor-Faction-and-FAQ
>>
>>146062225
I thought Anarchy was piracy
>>
looks like we need pol to start a good edg faction
>>
>>146062225
Independent theocracy
Covenant of the vision.
>>
>>146062209
Thy complained so much that nothing gives out ranks anymore?

Dunno how they consider themselves adults.
>>
>>146062283
you can put it that way.
>>
>>146062402
I'm just giving the dads shit because god knows they didn't raise a stink about rank changes to potentially get the rates fixed. I think the only one to blame for this one is Ftroop
>>
File: brabo.png (331KB, 306x512px) Image search: [Google]
brabo.png
331KB, 306x512px
FYI
The Gulag on player created factions

>>>https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/177719-Establish-your-own-Minor-Faction-and-FAQ
>>
Some reason I can't connect to the game or the website?
>>
>>146062941
Its over
We are freed from the vision
>>
File: 1438665741552.jpg (40KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1438665741552.jpg
40KB, 722x349px
>>146062010
a. Offffficial™ player factions are plebbit tier cancer attracting the most retarded faggots and weebs ever as that 9th Subleddit fagtron aptly demostrated above.

b. Why the fuck we even need an offffffficial™ registered faction. Just choose a system and use your IMAGINATION.

I'm already in a /edg/ player group called The Foruchin Raiders. It consists of ME.
>>
>>146063506
>IMAGINATION.
You're starting to sound a lot like a vision quest anon
>>
>>146063571
This whole name an enpeecee faction and imagine you're part of it is already vision quest to the max tbqh.
>>
File: novaPB.jpg (2KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
novaPB.jpg
2KB, 100x100px
is pic related a gamer girl? Think she's hwt?
>>
>>146063506
top kek.
/edg/ should get shit done once in a while.
And, why the fuck not.

Let's make a fucking Theocracy faction, Covenant of the Vision like anon stated above.
They praise the Prophet Brabo (Grind be upon Him) in a religion called the Vision.

>B-but that's arpee, anon..

See it as an in-game alternative to that fucking Steam group no one uses. It's not going to attract cancer, because no one save a few on /edg/ would give a shit.
>>
>>146064052
I'm down with this where do I sign up?
>>
>>146064052
sounds good. but if you're going for it don't mention "barbo" in description and it would be cool to implement dads in to lore as well
>>
>>>https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/241826-Player-Groups-and-Minor-Factions-Submission-Form-and-Information

It's as easy as filling in a form. We need to establish some stuff here, /edg/
>>
File: 14322365467567.jpg (45KB, 358x429px) Image search: [Google]
14322365467567.jpg
45KB, 358x429px
>>146064052
Seriously tho, dial down that excessive memery.
>>
>>146064052
To commune with their Deity, The Great Visionary, one must pray to be "blinded by Vision". Elderly men with great experience that have been "blinded by Vision", akin to achieving Nirwana in Buddhism, may sit in a great theocratic council called "The Forum"
These wise seers and sages are henceforth called" Fathers of the Forum" or "They who been Blinded by Vision"

The goal of the Covenant of the Vision is to spread this great faith to all reaches in space and are willing to aggressively push this agenda.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10534392

Quick count for numbers
>>
>>146064316
>filling in a form
can't be that easy right? will they give pieces of space literally to anyone don't they have to at least confirm that you have x amount of players with you. Some games won't even let you start clans if you don't have enough people let alone influence the game
>>
>>146064530
>3 votes
ded
>>
>>146064523
cringe af pham
>>
>>146064523
This could be going somewhere. Let's get it going.
>>
>>146064523
Were going to have to have agents infiltrate other factions, give us their locations so we can perform hyperspace assaults and incursions into their territory then jump out before they know what hit them.
>>
>>146064523
Can we somehow paint these Fathers of the Forum our enemies?
>>
>>146064530
Whichever nigger voted out, I'm coming for you.
>>
>>146064874
Either we are a super edgy anarchy faction
OR
We are a devouted religious covenant praising the one true visionary. The praising will be done ironically as a joke that goes over ftroops and the forum's head.

I prefer the latter, although I love being /edg/y.
>>
>>146065178
Sorry m8, don't want anything to do with your dinkledongers friendship club of epic memes and upboats.

Y'all gay persons.
>>
>>146065245
>Either we are a super edgy anarchy faction
This please, keep your amazing brabomemes contained here.
>>
File: Q9aHldh.jpg (646KB, 1331x720px) Image search: [Google]
Q9aHldh.jpg
646KB, 1331x720px
Covenant of the Vision

A theocracy ruling the system of X that is based around the fanatical cult of worship called the Vision. It's members follow the Prophet of the Vision. Instead living soberly to have a good afterlife, The members of the Covenant hope to achieve a "Blinding" during their lifetime.

Being Blinded by the Vision is a great boon, for it shows a devoted member of great things that already are, and great things to come.

Some experienced members that have achieved Enlightenment, called the Blinding form a relgious council called the Forum of the Vision. In this Forum, religious and cult matters are discussed by great seers and sages, collectively called Fathers of the Forum. These Fathers are a minority, but a very vocal one. The Covenant usually listens to them before taking action.

The monotheistic deity of the Vision is called the Grand Visionary. He is a deified prophet of old that laid out the structure of the Faith and a ritual called the Visionary Decennium, or Grand 10 Year Plan. The Plan is a way of life that every new devotee of the Vision needs to follow before having the possibility of becoming Blinded. Many aspire this, but the 10 Year Plan is harsh and unforgiving.

The main force of arms of the Covenant of the Vision is the EDG, the Episcopal Defence Group. They are the weaponised arm of the faith. A fanatical defence force aiming to spread the word of Faith through all known reaches of space.
>>
>>146065749
literally vomit inducing
>>
>>146065952
Looks like we have our first dad on board
>>
File: 1465165496652.jpg (90KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1465165496652.jpg
90KB, 1191x670px
>>146065749

>Episcopal Defence Group
>>
>>146065952
It's supposed to do just that. If we took it any more seriously, we would be dadly roleplayers.
>>
File: 21432543534.png (26KB, 533x622px) Image search: [Google]
21432543534.png
26KB, 533x622px
>>146066827
Are you fags invading from this>>146013181
thread?

If so, can you stop stealing our dankerous memes and running them into the ground?

You have to go back.
>>
How are the community goals for getting money?
Are they worth?
>>
>>146067398

I am making decent money selling Conductive Fabrics for one of them.
>>
>>146067504
Which one is the Russian one
I want to cuck Armada
>>
>>146067556

EG Pilots
>>
File: 14235436456546.png (23KB, 775x460px) Image search: [Google]
14235436456546.png
23KB, 775x460px
Can't wait to play with meme-spouting reddchan children. LE TOP KEK XD as they say!
>>
File: 1400100756531.png (256KB, 767x750px) Image search: [Google]
1400100756531.png
256KB, 767x750px
>>146067607
>>146067556
>foreign devils supporting us
Хopoшo.
>>
File: 1466142869312.jpg (49KB, 554x595px) Image search: [Google]
1466142869312.jpg
49KB, 554x595px
>>146067607
thanks anon.

>>146067773
I'm kinda slav myself. Seing Armada (which shouts the most) get fucked sideways will keep me entertained.
>>
>>146068042
>Seing Armada (which shouts the most) get fucked sideways will keep me entertained
Honestly, that's the only good reason to help them.

In reality they are nothing more trhan a russian breed of forumdads and have some autistic rules to follow and rituals to perform if you want to join their group.

Seeing them cucking plebbit crusader groups is priceless tho.
>>
>>146068328
>EG wins
>Armada and leddit screams to delet this powerplay feature
>>
>>146068512

Probably for the best, considering how buggy it gets, that or when people "forget" to update the standings for a week.
>>
*sniggers*
>>
File: CMDR.jpg (293KB, 864x1226px) Image search: [Google]
CMDR.jpg
293KB, 864x1226px
>>
File: image.jpg (408KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
408KB, 1280x1280px
>>146070245
>>
File: sira.png (255KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sira.png
255KB, 2000x1000px
>all this talk of a faction

What about the SIRA? Can someone learn me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCnGD6xv5ik
>>
File: 1435461603975-2.jpg (102KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1435461603975-2.jpg
102KB, 720x960px
>>146070413
that fucking image
>>
File: 1464644388352.jpg (227KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1464644388352.jpg
227KB, 894x894px
>>146071171
>>
is it worth getting a python for bulk trading?
>>
The community of this game, I swear

>Someone bitches about the AI (catch all term for the NPC behaviors)
>T-technically it's not the AI at all, they're fine!
>>
>>146072143
That's all it's good for now. You can land on outposts with it and can somehow defend yourself.

I went with Type 7, don't do that mistake.
>>
>>146072971
We could achieve everything we ever wanted this game to be if we just shit post on the frontier forums under the guise of angry dads
>>
Are the generated faces of the NPCs/Engineers supposed to be placeholder? They're so goddamn fucking ugly. The only uglier character I've ever seen was that elf from Dragon Age.
>>
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10534392/r
>11 yes
So did anyone fill the form already? 11 is more than enough
>>
>>146073709

I'd love to, but I have no willpower to try to form this myself. If I have to go say something on the forums though to show FD that we do indeed have enough people that want to form a faction, I'd be willing to do that.
>>
>>146073709
We still don't have the results for the americans
>>
>>146073709
I'd consider it, as long as it doesn't degenerate into memes and circle jerking like some other /vg/ oriented things do.
>>
>>146073709
for what exactly? is there a hidden corporation feature i am missing
>>
>>146074059
wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg
>>
>>146075182
/edg/ is surprisingly a lot better than the rest of this board.

>No circle jerks over tripfags or named posters
>No constant shitposts about trannies
>>
>>146073498
some one never played Xrebirth
>>
>>146075809
I have it installed and tried to. I don't recall any of the NPCs you can hire for your crew to be as ugly as the ones that Fdev have generated.
>>
File: plsgo.jpg (62KB, 1289x268px) Image search: [Google]
plsgo.jpg
62KB, 1289x268px
>>146075442
>>
>>146075442
Because we don't have waifus, waifus literally keep other generals alive with that shit. Here were either forced to stay on topic or meme about dads.
I have only been with 3 other generals and "dads" is an amazing phenomena here
>>
>>146076029

I wonder how that person feels about the pilot gender selection?
>>
File: visibly trans.jpg (148KB, 610x700px) Image search: [Google]
visibly trans.jpg
148KB, 610x700px
>>146076029
>>146076329
>>
>>146076329
Surely they're okay with it? Noone wants to be no gender, right? They either want to be a man or a woman, whichever fits their current delusion.
>>
>>146076452

Well yeah that's the only surefire way of making someone "visibly" trans.

Also, if you make a visibly trans character you're bound to have other people complain about how it's "problematic" to "out" someone.
>>
>>146076582

>Noone wants to be no gender, right?

I wish I knew as little as you do...
>>
>>146073148
Cool thanks, will it work ok if i D reank everything apart from the FSD and stuff it full of cargo racks and a fuel scoop?
i was looking at getting a clipper but have fuck all rank with empire
>>
>>146077930
clipper is top shit
>>
File: 1444768505128.jpg (147KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1444768505128.jpg
147KB, 600x400px
>>146071071
>>146065749
>>
>>146078132
I dont have any imp ships and want a new trading ship so the clipper was my first choice. But im at Outsider and need to be Baron to get one. Made me really regret not grinding ranks when it was possible
>>
Is the Python shit now or is it gud?
>>
>>146078907
It's good for smuggling cause its size.
It's not the legendary combat ship it once was.
>>
Have Thargoids been spotted yet?
>>
>>146081761
nah, but drew wagar just absolutely fucking bailed out of the bubble, feds just invaded merope (where the UA's align to) and rifters are pursuing leads

thargoids very soon anon
>>
>>146081761

Nah Mr. VISION is still folding graph paper to decide how he wants to model the new ships we will never get.
>>
>>146081761
I for one don't want any unbalanced super NPCs in my Elite anymore.
>>
>>146031786
Looks like everyone is mostly disagreeing with you but "Respecting your opinion" kek
>>
>>146083652

I don't look forwards to being snatched out of hypercruise every second jump to play some damn minigame and possibly a rousing round of "kick the autustic".
>>
>>146031786
I agree with the supercruise aspect of your argument, I hate how every system is an instance, yet we are then forced into multiple instances within that instance, be it supercruise or signal sources etc.

They are working on interiors, walking around your ship and shit is planned for Horizons. Or at least it was, sure they'll find a way to fuck it up.
>>
>>146086705
Can't find the announcement but no, walking around ships won't be in Horizons. Sorry to tell you. They fucked it up.
Horizons will have CMDR o7 creator still and that's it.
>>
>>146087182
I mean, I don't have horizons so I don't even give a shit, but I guess I ain't surprised. At this point I'm doubting their 10 year plan can hold up. At least in 10 years time when Star Citizen finally releases we might get a decent space game. I very much doubt it though, SC looks worse than ED in most ways at this point.
>>
>>146088904
Certainly not holding any expectations on SC. It looks pretty wonky.

And fuck no will Elite last for 10 years. For reference WoW is 10 years old.
>>
Yeah, Elite will probably last three more years and then shut down.
>>
>>146091542
HAWKEN is still running, so i doubt it
>>
File: image.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
This doesn't look very safe
>>
>>146091542
It does if the expansion doesn't sell.
But it generates hype that everyone buys into.
Regardless of how mad people are all the time and how supposedly dead the game is, at the end of the day it sold well and that is all that matters when it comes to shutting the game down
>>
>>146092530
It's perfectly safe
>>
>>146092530
Probably one of the most legit black holes out there. So many of them tell no story of what happened to the star that produced the black hole. This one does.
>>
>>146092826
>>146093069
Worth going there I presume?
>>
>>146093213
Well its a black hole, of course it's worth giving it a honk. Unless you plan to fly 20k LY just to get there.
>>
>>146093356
Well it's only 3.2k Ly away from me
>>
File: 0014.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0014.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>146093561
Nothing grand about it, having a colorful backdrop is cool but that's about it.
>>
>>146088904
>SC looks worse

If we're comparing an unfinished tiny portion of a product versus a released one, SC looks no worse than ED does. The two stations you can explore is more than the entirety of exploration that the ED galaxy offers.
>>
>>146092729

How many units has it shipped, anyway? Do we know?
>>
>>146094297
Yeah but are the stations still feature devoid and completely pointless/barren? I played the free weekend a few months ago and not only did the game run like shit, there is also practically no content worth playing the game for. Less than E:D in fact, and that's fucking saying something seeing as what E:D offers, isn't much overall.

Saying that there is content, just no depth whatsoever to said content.
>>
>>146094797
One station has voiced journals you can listen to (ala Bioshock 1) that is part of a quest. Once you complete it you get paid for that quest. Further searching the station allows you to find a shotgun. The other station has two weapons you can find while exploring and also (I don't know how, but someone had video of it) the ability to log into their system and become a security guard. There are asteroid fields which you can visit to collect salvage and weapons also, and another station offers missions to investigate SOS signals in some asteroid fields that also have voiced diaries/logs of the last thing to have been recorded. It's pretty neat. To me, these two tiny aspects of the alpha is a lot more than the infinitely same systems that there are in ED.

>There is also practically no content worth playing the game for

Shit is still in development. And yeah, it runs like shit in the portion that requires their servers. When I was doing the horde mode gameplay and races it ran flawlessly.
>>
File: eT0mXGu.jpg (183KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
eT0mXGu.jpg
183KB, 800x800px
>>146091861
mf gamersfirst will probably take better care of ED's future than FD
>>
So I'm looking at this powerplay shit and I'm not sure how it works. I want to pledge Duval for the shields, but how do I earn merits to rank up?
>>
>>146096492
Quick guide to powerplay: Don't.
>>
>>146096557
If I'm going to be grinding anyway I may as well gain rank at the same time
>>
>>146096676
Except with powerplay you choose to either grind to gain pp rank or grind to gain anything else
>>
>>146096492
Just avoid power play. None of the shit is worth it.
>>
>>146095471
The voice log shit sounds cool, I wish E:D had some sort of life inserted into it like that. Supercruise kind of takes away any way to have a system that feels alive, especially if you have to drop out into instances. How are Star Citizen doing system travel? I know their systems are going to be smaller than E:D.

I dunno though, it's like DayZ, multiple years of development and no real substantial meat on the bones annoys me, at least E:D is a bedrock that COULD (doubt it will) be a platform for future greatness. Star Citizen just seems the same as E:D back in it's beta. Sure, you're enjoying that shit now, I enjoyed the fuck out of E:D beta, but eventually it'll be the same shit we complain about in here. No real depth.

Will say I am looking forward to the Star Citizen multi crew shit. Have at least three friends to do that shit with. Are they planning to do any spaceship carrier stuff, do you know?
>>
did anyone know that point defence shoots incoming plasma accelerator rounds?
>>
>>146096492
Do not do it. The ONLY way we can show braben to fucking rework its mechanics and rewards is by not doing it at all.
>>
Elite Dangerous makes me want to play X: Rebirth, but I don't have Home of Light and can't justify shelling out for it since I'm a poorfag. And I like my mods so I can't just pirate it.

Fuck.
>>
>>146097526
>How are Star Citizen doing system travel

In system travel has quantum drive. Point at a target, engage and you "slip-space" to your destination after a couple seconds. I read talk of jump gates between systems.

>it's like DayZ

It's only like Dayz in that you can play it. They purposely only give you a tiny section of game to test out everything available so far. It's what an alpha should be. It's the only reason why I can forgive the state some content is in. I'm sure ED's alpha was similar.

>Spaceship carrier stuff

Such as what? I was testing out the multicrew stuff and that actually works. Such as a copilot focusing on where to focus shields and others manning turrets. Shit still needs work though. The turrets especially. And also there is a video of players staging a mock raid on one of the larger ships introduced. It worked but was buggy, which is what I expect for the stage of development. If shit is still in the state it is later on is when you'll start seeing the real complaints going on.

>>146098284
>Pirate GOG version
>Profit

>>146097676
Judging from what I've been reading regarding Winters players quitting, PP is not going to be reworked any time in the near future.
>>
>>146098690
Can't use mods then. Gotta have my butter ranges. Station scanning is just hell without it.
>>
Elite: Dangerous is boring, repetitive, garbage.

Star Citizen, so far, also looks like boring, repetitive, garbage. Maybe it will be good, but probably not.

Maybe http://www.dualthegame.com/ will save us?
>>
>>146098690
>Spaceship carrier stuff
I mean like an aircraft carrier but in space. So your friends can all hop in fighters while you sit on the edge of the battle so they can rearm and repair if they need to. I really like the idea, just appeals to me. I like the idea of supporting my friends rather than joining them in battle, if that makes sense/doesn't sound dumb.
>>
>>146098840
Will mods not work with the GOG version or something?
>>
>>146098690
Of course it isn't. They're not devoting a full patch to reworking powerplay. If anything it'll be something they put on 'the list'. So good luck waiting for that.
>>
>>146098926
It seems nice, but so did E:D and SC.

Also muh voxels.
>>
>>146098969
They are only on the steam workshop.

I'm not sure if it has a page on Nexus but its possible.
>>
>>146099187
I don't know about Rebirth, but there are plenty of X3 mods available on the official Egosoft forums. Maybe Rebirth mods are there as well
>>
>>146098959
No, I get you. You mean essentially the ship launched fighters that ED is supposedly going to introduce soon. I've read they plan on introducing it eventually. So far people have sorta forced some smaller ships into the big refueling/tanker ship's cargo bay. I've read that their VISION also wants to include that.

>>146098926
Dual is 100% cashing in on the Star Citizen/Elite Dangerous hype. We also only have a teaser for it and have no idea if it's even releasing in the next 2-3 years.

There's another fucking game, Pulsar: Lost Colony that is early access shit on steam. I think I saw another game but I forgot its title.
>>
>>146099325
You can call me a pleb if you want but I never played an X game before Rebirth.
>>
>>146099429
egosoft.com
Go buy X3 and forget you ever heard about Rebirth
>>
>>146098959
>>146099387
Combination of fighter launches and multi crew crew has so much potential for FUN. Supposedly having a 2 man multicrew anaconda will be as good as having 2 single crewed anacondas. Think about that.

To dampen your vision hype, heres some situations that are likely to occur:

>Multicrew is complete trash, people that don't pilot are essentially doing nothing at all and just sitting there. It's nothing like 'double the power!' either.

>Multicrew is good, heres a dad post in the forums "I dont WANT to play with other people. It's unfair that they punish the solo players WAH WAH WAH", multicrew effects dumbed down 5 days later
>>
I just had a mission in Sothis to transport 9 units of combat stabilizers to Ceos

5M payout

Easiest 5M I've ever made
>>
>>146099728
Well the problem with that is that I'm a MASSIVE sucker for walking around ships and in stations. I understand that a lot of the X game fans don't really care about it, but for a spaceship game, I like it. Even though its not in Elite.
>>
>>146099823
>will be as good as having 2 single crewed anacondas

I honestly don't know how that would work. I don't know what the other players would be doing other than controlling turrets possibly, or diverting where shields are powered, which could contribute a lot to gameplay.

>To dampen your hype

Yeah, I know. I can already imagine how it's most likely going to be

>Players that aren't the pilot get bored as fuck and want to leave because they have nothing to do other than combat roles

They won't even have the ability to walk around and explore the ship while the pilot is dicking around, because space legs isn't until the next 60 dollar expansion.
>>
>>146100286
It will most likely be like you just said; other players will be controlling weapons and maybe pips while the other person controls on flying.
>>
>>146100286
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKVUKuEUKNA

E:D seriously need space legs but that will never happen
>>
>>146100954
SCs not even finished and it looks a billion times better than Elite already.

Fuck me this game is done. Its fucking done.
>>
>>146101701
Because not being able to fly certain ships by yourself sounds like a great fucking time :^]
>>
>>146101913
What are you talking about?
>>
What's the new Robigo? Sothis/Ceos is chickenfeed.
>>
>A Thargoid fleet has been spotted heading for Sol. Their intentions are unclear, but rumors abound about a peaceful first contact and the Federation and Empire for some reason conspiring and committing several acts of genocide on them while covering the whole thing up from the rest of humanity.

You:
A) Fit an A-rated FSD and full exploration loadout to your longest range ship and get as far away from the bubble as possible.
B) Fit an A-rated FSD and full hardpoint loadout to your longest range ship and venture out into the Formidine Rift on a hot lead.
C) Fit an A-rated FSD and full exploration loadout to your longest range ship and join the Crab Nebula Expedition.
D) Get in your hardest hitting ship and head for Sol.
E) Head to your home system and dock at the nearest starport. Surely nothing bad can happen.
F) Join the Children of Raxxla and try and figure out what the hell's going on.
G) Get in your trader class vessel and profit. Surely this will be beneficial to your bottom line.
H) Dust off your mining vessel and head for the belts. Whatever happens, more Palladium is always good.
I) Proceed as usual. Check Galnet for any news.
J) ??
>>
>>146101913
???
>>
>>146102307
J: Rape the maids
>>
>>146100391
I always assumed that the co-pilot will be able to manage pips and mabye module power. I also expect it to be hilarious watching all the bugs. Some predictions:
>co-pilot assigns pips and leaves, now pilot cannot reassign pips
>co-pilot isnt affected by canopy breach, stuck in ship after pilont dies and cant self destruct without owner doing it
>dadnapping *winks*

I just hope they make storage a thing. All they'd need to do is allow us to transfer cargo to stored ships and id be happy. Im tired of getting interdicted for my "massive haul" of 400cr value engineer commodities
>>
>>146102307
desperate attempt to make something out of the game
>>
>>146101701
>Billion

Not a billion because the testing area is riddled with bugs of course. But having shit like the ability to walk around, fps combat, EVA fucking helps a lot. It goes from simply

>You are a static thing in a ship that cannot interact with the entire game world
to
>You are actually in control of a character in a ship that can interact with the world and explore it

It helps make the 'experience' a lot better. ED shouldn't need this, but because of the lack of actual objectives/careers/etc, the simple act of walking around will make the game that much better. For another 60 dollars that is
>>
>>146030953
So the safe-space autists can have somewhere they won't get bullied in their shieldless, weaponless Type 6's.
>>
File: 2.2update.png (792KB, 960x373px) Image search: [Google]
2.2update.png
792KB, 960x373px
I had another vision. here it's fruit.
Do you like it?
>>
>>146103839
Me the second from the right in the middle section
>>
File: vision street.png (944KB, 772x563px) Image search: [Google]
vision street.png
944KB, 772x563px
>>146103839
The orca needs to be gold. Were you the OP that made pic related?
>>
>>146104185
Everything about this is perfect,. Whoever made it, thank you.
>>
Enough people, I think it's time Braben received an open letter from the community.
We have to save this game before it crashes in years to come, we're doing it now so we don't waste any more fucking time.
>>
>>146104935

Good luck that volunteer moderator dad is just going to delete your thread.
>>
>>146104185
it's not important. today I get the vision tomorrow any one here might. we all share it that what matters.

I'l try to make it gold
>>
>>146105140
Nope we just send it as an email.

To be honest a thread isn't a bad idea provided everyone posts quickly before dads get on
>>
>>146105375
You are a true Visionary. Either way its good work
>>
Space legs dlc when???
>>
File: goldtaxi2.2.png (1MB, 1355x478px) Image search: [Google]
goldtaxi2.2.png
1MB, 1355x478px
>>146104185
>>
>>146107180
2017-2018, we're getting space taxi and commander first creator first then multicrew
>>
>>146107180
Sometime within the next two years AKA when Star Citizen releases
>>
Dumb question: if you buy an Anaconda or any large ship do you need to check every mission's destination to see if it's an outpost or something else where you can't land, or are you automatically not eligible to receive those?
>>
>>146107649
it automatically checks thank fuck for that
>>
>>146107649
>>146107876
Don't forget it's bugged so the missions can be rerouted to somewhere you can't actually land.
>>
File: wanna suicide.jpg (45KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
wanna suicide.jpg
45KB, 600x315px
>>146108096
welp
>>
So what's going on at Sothis/Ceos that you fucks keep talking about?
>>
>>146107876
Thanks.
>>146108096
Oh.
>>146108232
Long range hauling and smuggling missions. Asp recommended.
>>
>>146108232
good missions. an Asp or Conda with a lot of cargo space

You gotta have a good standing with the locals first tho, friendly to the very least. Fortunately there's a lot of missions between the two systems so you can grind rep EZ, just takes time
>>
>>146108430
>>146108503
>ASP
>>
>>146108567
I hate that space dorito but it's made me most of my money and it's reliable

it's the toyota corolla of spaceships
>>
What's it called when you hate a game but you can't stop grinding for credits in said game?
>>
>>146109798
masochism
>>
>>146108503
The Fed faction there is great for ranking too.
>>
>>146109798
stockholm syndrome
>>
>>146107218
Amazing, i'd tour some barren rocks on it
>>
File: ayylmao.png (589KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.png
589KB, 800x600px
>penis
>>
File: sig3.jpg (29KB, 543x150px) Image search: [Google]
sig3.jpg
29KB, 543x150px
o7, CMDRS ;)
>>
File: Screenshot_0007.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_0007.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
*honks scanner*
>>
Is this thread full of slow-in-the-minds?
>>
How big is the multipler for rank grinding when you're just trading commodities for starport owner?
>>
>>146114950
That's your mother's bed you're thinking of anon.
>>
>>146076623
And any trans character will have to be a shining beacon of freedom and goodness or they'll scream that you're demonising them.
>>
>>146095471
>One station has voiced journals you can listen to (ala Bioshock 1) that is part of a quest.
How many missions are they going to be able to do this for? Will it have procedural missions or "hand-crafted" ones with voice-acting and all that?
>>
>>146116027
>how many

No idea. I assume that they plan to implement a combination of these hand made missions and procedural ones. I'm hoping that the procedural ones that they're able to make are a bit better than ED's. But there are quite a few blackbox/diaries in the test area already from destroyed ships. There was one I found in which some woman was speaking through radio communications to someone and then a pirate hopped on her ship and killed her. Before it cuts off you can hear him speaking.
>>
Is /scg/ finally dead?
>>
I have NUMBERS OF PAIRS OF DIRTY, CRAPPED ASPS
>>
Have you guys heard of this awesome, new ED-related comic?

It's called ASPerchu.
>>
>>146098690
>I read talk of jump gates between systems.
Ages ago I saw that animation of jump space, like you have to navigate through the tunnel to get through. Not sure what happens if you touch the wall though.
>>
>>146099823
>Supposedly having a 2 man multicrew anaconda will be as good as having 2 single crewed anacondas. Think about that.
While there could be lots of fun had with soft bonuses like manually controlled turret arrays, steerable sensors, shield balancing etc.

But you just know with FDev that it will be more like +100% shield strength if engineer station is occupied, +100% weapon damage if weapon station is occupied.
>>
>>146116413
>I'm hoping that the procedural ones that they're able to make are a bit better than ED's
That's a low bar to beat. The fucking ones from F:E2 and F:FE were better than ED's.
>>
File: 1347499354511.jpg (177KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1347499354511.jpg
177KB, 500x667px
I want this for my CMDR skin.
>>
>>146121695
Cosplaying Chris Chan

holy shit
>>
>>146121695
>>146121961
>Commander creator is released
>all the /edg/elords create CWC as their CMDR and start a war against the dads
Who shall win the Vision War?
>>
>>146122613

We can't fight a war with people spending all their time catering to their wife's sons now, because they will never be on.

That is unless we start UA bombing their favorite stations.
>>
>>146122613
Our callsign will be JULAAY
>>
http://i.imgur.com/f2mQGd3.jpg

This image sums up the forumdad meme for me.

Who else would blow the tens of thousands required for this set up just for one game. It must be a 'justify the money spent' thing.
>>
>>146124178
Yeah, the people that do this typically play naked and with a vibrating fleshlight triggered to go off whenever they honk the discovery scanner.

Sometimes, on the occasional holiday, their wives come down and draw their current explorer ranking icon on their bare chests using a mix of Olive Oil and Marmite.

Are you jealous?
>>
>>146124712
I'm jealous of their wealth because I wouldn't be so reckless with it.
>>
Does changing game mode still refresh missions? I'm at Sothis and I'm getting tired of spending 30 minutes for a 4 million payout.
>>
>>146126703
Supposedly fixed, but may or may not still work. What ship are you in and what's your rep with the factions?
>>
File: SweDWOg.jpg (73KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SweDWOg.jpg
73KB, 1920x1080px
>full cargo back from sothis
>>
>>146108503
>>146108430
Welp, I made the trip over there. About a dozen jumps in an >ASP. Did a round of data delivery shit from Ceos to Sothis, then got bored and quit. I had forgotten how boring this game is. Sorry guys
>>
>>146130753
when you get to allied standing you start getting 5M smuggling missions from Sothis to Ceos and back lol
>>
>>146130889
Well yeah, but what's the point?
>>
>>146131070
MONEY
>>
>>146131126

I never fucking understood this. Money for what? Once you buy an Anaconda and realize that it's just a big piece of shit that is virtually useless unless you're bulk trading, money loses its meaning in this game.
>>
>>146131512
>Once you buy an Anaconda
that's the thing

I don't have one. I want one for mining and generating even more profits from trading
>>
>>146131624
>generating even more profits
To what end?
>>
>>146131624

Alright, I'll give it to you that the conda is pretty comfy for mining. I've spent more time mining in it than anything else. If only the resources you mined mattered at all other than being another shittier source of income that has no use other than you just wanting to do something different.
>>
>>146131956
to buy a sanity
>>
>>146055972
>Space games are finally starting to look like I envisioned them in my head back in the 80s-90s

>Gameplay is absolute trash

Why?
>>
>>146099936
Yeah but that's the ONLY thing that's different/better between Rebirth and literally any of the other X games. Get Terran Conflict + XRM + IEX. You will -not- be disappointed and you'll quickly forget you heard about Elite or Rebirth. Actually, scratch that. Get AP + XRM + IEX. Then you get TrackIR/VR support. Plus XRM adds diegetic cockpits so you're not a floating HUD in space.
>>
>>146127447
Asp and Friendly with all of them
>>
Don't let this thread die, it's all I have of my precious Space Sim genre.
>>
>interdicted
>spinning 5 times per second
>AI is instantly not spinning and shooting me while i spin
>>
>>146135151
Much like this thread space sims are dead again.
>>
>>146135923
thats because Fdev is so good they literally don't have a system for AI entering or exiting frameshift

that AI is a copy paste
>>
>>146062225

Independent anarchies are commonly pirates.
>>
>>146135923
>>146136005

Sometimes when you exit supercruise during interdiction, or when they don't interdict you before you get to the station they spawn in front of you.

The shit is really annoying, because it lacks consistency.
>>
>>146136335
>lacks consistency

Elite: Lacks Consistency would have been a more accurate name for this game.
>>
>>146135923
>Not tabbing out and closing game when an AI interdicts you
>>
File: Screenshot_0076.jpg (255KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_0076.jpg
255KB, 1680x1050px
>longjumping out of system in pic
>right before countdown begins, "unidentified signal source detected"
>no time to stop
>alone in a private group

send help
>>
>>146136646
>>146136945
>Private groups and combat loggers

Fucking end this game already
>>
>>146137017
Why is combat logging an instantly generated NPC giving you the butt rash? They're an annoyance that fighting adds up to 5 minutes to my trade run.
>>
>>146137017

>private group being an issue when you're 1k ly from the bubble

also, my internet doesn't like open play at all. Whenever I jump in open there's like a 10% chance of the loading screen getting stuck forever, requiring a forceclose. Eat shit.
>>
>>146137142
because returning to supercruise/hyperspace is faster than booting the game again you cowardly chickenshit
>>
Did people just totally give up on discussing Star Citizen on /vg/? Or was it merged into a combo thread?

Searching the catalog reveals nothing obvious.

I just liked going there every few months to ask if the game was still actually going to be released.
>>
>>146120052

One of the ideas they were throwing around is that the manned station would automatically get 4 pips in the power distributor, leaving you with the normal six to put into the other two.
>>
>>146137614

Consider the threads merged, I guess.
>>
>>146137614

OK, looked through this thread and saw a surprising amount of reasonable, rational discussion of the game.

In fact this is literally more than I can ever remember seeing in /scg/, over several years. It was all just rage and memes and screenshots.

Holy fuck, that general deserved to die.
>>
>>146137926
I'm kinda scared once we get our own faction the quality of the posts will hit the bottom
>>
>>146137926
Because /scg/ literally attracted shitposters whose only intent was to yell scam and shit. Also there isn't much to discuss just yet regarding the currently implemented content
>>
>>146137926
>that general deserved to die
So does this one
>>
>>146139243
No it doesn't, but it's going to anyway
>>
>>146137926
I think ED fans/players in here a pretty jaded. Any energy we have left is typically directed to shouting at FDev when they fuck something up, no energy left to shitpost about SC.
>>
Is there really nothing interesting to see inside the Orion nebula?

It's literally a red background and clustered systems. Weak.
>>
File: Docking request denied.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Docking request denied.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>
>>146136395

>sometimes

This happens almost always for me. Next time you get an AI that messages you about wanting your cargo, drop your speed and safe drop from SC. He will spawn directly in front of you. Very rarely does the AI actually spawn somewhere behind me, but for the most part it makes no sense because they appear the second you drop out, rather than having to travel to where you low waked.
>>
File: F.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
F.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 2016061502.jpg (688KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016061502.jpg
688KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: docking request denied.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
docking request denied.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>146141726
>docking request denied
>>
>>146141956

meant for

>>146136335

the vision is getting hold of me
>>
File: Private H-pad.jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Private H-pad.jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>
>>146142356
>nope.jpg
>>
>>146109798
VISION
>>
>>146140105
You summed up exploration pretty well there, matey.
>>
>>146075442
we have dadposting
dont forget about dadposting
>>
>>146146695
Dadposting is fucking cancer. Even ironic dadposting.
>>
>>146146201

Literally nothing to see and nothing to do. Made enough data to hit 10% in the CG, that's it. 900k credits for over two hours of work. I could've made that in half a load of conductive fabrics for the other cg.
>>
File: we happy dads.png (840KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
we happy dads.png
840KB, 1366x768px
>>146109798
I think you meant when you "love" the game right? We all adore the fdev here, dont we anon.
>>
File: we have to go deeper.png (77KB, 792x506px) Image search: [Google]
we have to go deeper.png
77KB, 792x506px
>>146107218
needs a bit more memes
>>
Poke my fucking eyes out, but I found a good place to grind Empire rank. Went from no rank to Knight in just short of two hours.
>>
I can't wait to read the inane rationalizations dads make as to why elite is better than NMS.
>>
>>146148094
Exploring nebula is a little more fun with shaders and horizons, but yeah it's little more than a pretty background and some procedural mountains.
I'm wondering how you only managed 900k credits and made it to Orion and back in two hours though. I didn't even make it halfway there, it took me at least a few hours spread over a week, and I made over 2.5 mil on the data when I turned it in to the CG (top 25%).
>>
>>146148440
Is that We Happy Few?
>>
>>146148690
where
>>
>>146148690
Could you tell us what system?
Fuck you if you won't share this with us
>>
>>146149207
>you only managed 900k credits and made it to Orion and back in two hours though

with this:
https://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0phtfFflhdfsnf5----------f6f5B42tf3f2f2.Iw18WQ==.Aw18WQ==?bn=honk

Only had to scoop twice for the entire journey. Had to take quite the detour down into Witch Head just to avoid the permit systems. All I ever did in a system was honk and charge the fsd for the next jump.
>>
>>146150093
But that doesn't have a honk.
>>
>>146150093
>>146150684

oops, scratch the last fuel tank. I made the coriolis build after the fact, so I just forgot to put the scanner in.
>>
>>146150964
Np mate, I figured it out but I'm posting to make this thread seem more alive.
>>
>>146151024

You're doing Braben's work. o7
>>
>>146149207
That and you could find something cool besides screenshot material. I wonder how much stuff there's hidden in unnamed systems outside the bubble (Raxxla supposedly exists, for example, though we'll likely never find it).
>>
>>146149306
>>146149672

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtAq0YG9Sk4

Good luck, anon. It really, really works. Do it what it lasts!
>>
Where are even all the players in this game?
I never see anyone.
>>
>>146153289
Active systems usually have a few players in local chat.
>>
>>146153289
It's a big galaxy, with relatively few players.
Most systems are empty.
>>
>>146152890
Nice.
>>
>>146152890
Thanks man.
>>
>>146153554
>>146153640
It's still fucking mind numbing, but it's the fastest way there is. I'm using my Robigo Asp, so that it can transport the odd cargo between those stations as well.
>>
>>146152890
any one found something like this for the feds?
>>
Aand, got 10k merits with LYR, time to haul some fucking dosh in 3 days
>>
>>146142639
>>
>>146153289
You'll see people in hub systems or big grinding zones and trade routes. Take a few jumps in any direction though and You'll never see anyone.
>>
>>146155987
SCREE
>>
>>146150093

You can still get better range by downranking your power plant (you're using less power than a 3A) and running D modules wherever practical.
>>
>>146154785
I, for one, am happy that there is no cheap way to fly trough Federation ranks. When the war comes Empire will be filled with cheap "Kings" and the Federation will have honest working Admirals..... I pity everyone who will have to go against us..... Join Federation before its too late......
>>
>>146156876
sure thing dad
>>
>>146156876
That's one pretty impressively authentic dadpost.

Well said CMDR o7 See you in the combat zone o7
>>
I'm honestly shocked Ftroop didn't think to make navy ranks decay like power play points.
It only makes sense that if you don't do your job for a week you get demoted.
>>
>>146157137
How can you be admiral and king in both at the same time anyway? They should have made you choose only one and it should rank at like 2x speed. would have added some personality to the game
>>
Anyone here did neuron star farm?
I need 130mil to Elite and I scanned exactly 1000 neuron stars. Would that be enough with 200% bonus?
>>
>>146158578
One neutron star is roughly 36-38k.
36000 * 1000 = 3.6 mil. So even with 200% payout you are far away from 130mil.
>>
>>146156876
Nice try dad, I know you were fapping to aisling last night
>>
>>146158713
i scanned far less and i have 150mil exploration data
>>
>>146158713
>3.6 mil
you mean 36 mil?
Also what about detailed scanner and first discovery bonus?
>>
>>146154785
I wish. I want that Corvette more than I want that Cutter. It will pop up sooner or later.
>>
>>146159156
Ah yes. Sorry for my fuck up, 36mil yes.

First discovery is + 50% and detailed scan is like + 30% or something.
>>
>>146050023
how do you get this skin
>>
>>146160223
Edit the game files so that Corvette default uses a white skin.
>>
>>146160323
is there a download for the modified file? My ED file editing skills are limited to changing ui colours
>>
Are imperial hammers noticeably better than ordinary railguns? I'm flying a dropship with 4 ordinary ones and I was thinking if it was worth upgrading
>>
>>146160528
F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1010\Win32\Items\Ships\Federation_Corvette\Federation_Corvette_PaintJobs

swap stuff
>>
>>146160654
is white in the "tactical" catalog?
>>
So have we all agreed on what to call our Vision quest faction to troll dad?
>>
>>146161762
don't know. someone said there is 6 months wait period that's way too fucking long and if Frontier spots slightest meme implication in our faction description they will scrap it without second thoughts.
>>
>>146161762
Covenant of the Vision, or if you have a better name?
>>
>>146161959
So what you're saying is we have to get it past Braben himself, the dadliest dad of them all, the grand dad
>>
>>146162000
Trips, Covenant of the Vision sounds fine desu
>>
>>146162026
I think so. Why do you think it's whole 6 months of wait period? Braben personally reads and analyses every form several times to make sure no one makes fun of him
>>
>In order to apply for one you need to be registered on our groups list.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/167455-Community-Goals-Minor-Factions-and-becoming-a-power
we need to create player group before requesting minor faction
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/241826-Player-Groups-and-Minor-Factions-Submission-Form-and-Information
>>
Let's fill out the group thing together. when is the most active time for this general?
Maybe we can strawpoll all the group names(not faction names) we come up with and leave voting until the next next general and put it in next OP?
>>
>>146162126
So if I submit one called 'Chubby Little Braben's Wig Adorned Head' he will see these words with his own eyes?
>>
>>146160831
In case you didn't try, yes.
>>
>>146162426
>>146162797
>>146162126
>>146162076

Could anyone make a Google doc that is publicly editable? I don't know how that shit works, but I've seen and used it several times.
>>
>>146162797
Sounds like a good idea.
There's probably no rush with this, though.

For stat nerds: I live in GMT+2 (+3 now since daylight savings).

>>146164969
It might work out if we trust each other not to fuck this up. I'm currently at work so cannot get on with this now.
>>
>>146164969
I think it's too early for google doc. we need that for faction description, which isn't soon. Right now we just need to decide Group Name
>>
>>146165718
So do I. You from mainland yurop as well, mate?
>>
>>146146695
Yes. It doesn't go on for hundreds of posts for hours though.
>>
File: cunt.jpg (272KB, 1810x684px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
272KB, 1810x684px
>>146166894
Anyone got any classic Forum dad posts?
>>
>>146168108
Do not despair, memester.

Soon we'll have our own groupfaggotry with namefags and autistic circlejerks, just like the big boys at /gtag/ and /a3g/.
>>
>>146168554
I do not want this. One of the only enjoyable and calm threads I've seen would be killed.
>>
>>146168554
No we won't, none of the autistic tranny loving furries play ED.
>>
File: frog.png (202KB, 358x352px) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
202KB, 358x352px
>>146168554
We will group up, but we will remain anonymous.
>>
>>146168554

>namefags

It's almost impossible to do that when there would be no real command structure. We don't need anyone giving orders because all we need to do is do missions for our faction. That's it. That's forgetting the fact that we'd probably rarely see each other because of how fuck awful instancing is, and that the majority of people would try playing with the group for about maybe a week before they got sick of it and went back to bulk trading in better trade routes, doing Sothis, grinding Fed/Imp ranks, turreting in crime sweeps, or whatever else.
>>
File: 1423235345436.png (87KB, 816x385px) Image search: [Google]
1423235345436.png
87KB, 816x385px
>>146168419
>>
>>146169276
>do missions for our faction

Shit, what do faction missions even entail? I just remembered I hate so many missions.
>>
>>146168554

This>>146169276 I don't even want to have group but we have to make one in order to establish minor faction. When/If we get our faction nothing will change besides people here begging for other people to work for it. That's it I just want more purpose in the game
>>
>>146169276
>all we need to do is do missions for our faction
What a thrill!
>>
>>146169542
>but we have to make one in order to establish minor faction
For what purpose?
>>
>>146169436

If we go with an anarchy faction, which is what it sounds like, then a lot of smuggling, cargo stealing, and some assassination missions.

Also remember that even if you are friendly with pirates, they will still attack you in their system.
>>
>>146169726
says here that we need player group before we can submit for minor faction https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/241826-Player-Groups-and-Minor-Factions-Submission-Form-and-Information
>>
>>146169973
No, I'm asking why you need that autistic "tag an NPC faction" bullshit?

If you just want to group up and have fun simply create an INARA wing and add it into OP.

No need to jump through endless bureaucratic hoops while sucking brabos dick.
>>
>>146170318
Look at this guy
>>
>>146170453
?
>>
>>146170318

It's just for fun really, and to try to get other /edg/lords together in a system for winging up, it doesn't even have to be to help the faction, just a general rallying point. There have been a couple of anons here that have said they enjoy helping factions because they have simply run out of things to do.

If we did pick a system though, we'd need to get a decent system that would be near good trade routes while possibly being close to Sothis maybe.
>>
>>146170318
>bureaucratic hoops
There are none. We could already have submitted group form. Just need a name on which we can agree, emails from anns who are interested to work with this and we're done.
>autistic
I wouldn't be playing this game if I weren't. And what do you propose, work for generic faction and then have it deleted or outmatched by one of the dad's faction or work for one of the dad's faction?

This faction thing isn't that big of a deal as we make it. Literally just for keks because there is nothing better to do
>>
>>146170648
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Close to sothis
No. Just near general trade routes so we can do the SIRA stuff =====)
>>
>>146170742
>There are none.
Says who? There's a post above thast talks about a 6 month selection period then there's a pretty strict guide on the forums. Even then nothing is guaranteed.
>And what do you propose
I propose you to make an INARA wing which is possible with zero hassle right now.
>working for any faction
Might as well go full PP.

Anyway, you're free to occupy yourself with whatever useless autistic actions you desire. I've just asked if there's any sense to go the long way to gain a useless ingame tag and got no satisfying answer.
>>
>>146171125
It doesn't say anywhere that it takes 6 months. Even if it does so what? We don't have to do anything, just waitt. INARA in complacently different than having relatable faction in game.
>long way
you're the only one who implies that it takes some kind of titanic effort to fil out the forms. It wakes less effort than the last post you wrote
>>
>>146141956
>get a message about my cargo from an npc eagle
>drop from SC, instantly boost
>he appears in front and gets an anusfull of FAS at top speed
>no more eagle
the sound of ships bouncing of my hull is one of the only things i enjoy about elite
>>
File: 1459357519097.png (177KB, 311x278px) Image search: [Google]
1459357519097.png
177KB, 311x278px
>>146171125
>useless autistic desire
You realize what general this is, yes?
>>
suddenly ded
>>
File: 2016-02-27_00003.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-27_00003.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>>146178803

Post dadships?
>>
>inna dropship
>fight fdl
>1 torpedo destroys all of my weapons
nice game
>>
>>146179372

Did you have 4 pips to sys? Did you pop chaff?

You need to delete your character and start over. Clearly you didn't earn your combat rank and now that the AI is improved, you can't keep up. Work your way back up and you will not make mistakes like this.
>>
>>146179587
cool memes bruh
I was fighting a player
>>
>>146160647
Like all PP gear they're shit
>>
>>146180121
literally just hull reinforcements and AFMS
>>
>>146180317
I literally have 3000 armour
>>
>>146180480
get AFMS too
>>
>>146181131
what do you mean by that, point defence? ECM?

I have my utility slots filled, 1 chaff and 3 sinks (I use 4 rails)
>>
>>146181479
nvm, I'm retarded

but can you even repair effectively in a fight? I think you'll just prolong your demise
>>
>>146181764

I imagine if you are fast enough you might be able to buy the time to repair the damaged modules.

It still won't help if they fuck your powerplant up though.
>>
>>146183643
dropshit is one of the slowest ships in the game m8, 325 boost.
>>
>start computer
>open launcher
>run game
>realize there's nothing to do but take screenshots
>>
>>146160647

Not anymore. They were somewhat better, but in 2.1 they were stealth nerfed. The only PP module that isn't just a shitty flavor item is prismatic shields.
>>
File: whenthevisionjustright.png (126KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
whenthevisionjustright.png
126KB, 557x605px
>log in
>friends and private groups
>over 300 friends, 0 online
>open play
>look at pinned engineer blueprint
>start getting headache
>alt+tab and google where to find polonium
>fly there, spend 5 hours driving around in that stupid buggy for like 3 polonium
>go to FSD engineer
>roll on tier 5 FSD range upgrade
>it's worse than what you already had
>uninstall game

tfw
>>
>>146180130
>>146187772
Good, saves me the grind
>>
File: crobber.jpg (284KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
crobber.jpg
284KB, 1680x1050px
where is that wing?
>>
File: G9qDij1.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
G9qDij1.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Just saw this shit. Too bad you can't actually steal the golden record. Too bad you can't actually interdict and imprison bounties. Too bad you can't do anything but read about this on a player submitted shitty bulletin board.
>>
Time to die.
>>
>>146191924

I would love some engaging gameplay like that. To be able to sabotage wedding barges and lie in wait to ambush other players when they respond to the distress call.
>>
File: VISION.jpg (541KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
VISION.jpg
541KB, 1024x768px
so are we doing the gay autistic minor faction thing or what
>>
>>146200751

I am all for space IRA if we do this. I have no idea if the anons who were doing the writing and application are around.
>>
>>146200751
I'm all for it but we need a clear leader, even if he has to tripfag to organize shit
>>
>>146200751
>>146201378
>>146201453
I already submitted player group form. Called the group Elite Generals, Group name won't have anything to do with faction name or description but we need to apply for that before we do faction.

If anyone disagrees feel free to make new group submission, maybe it's for the better if my submission fails because of name or whatever reason your might succeed
>>
>>146202647
Nice, and let's try and decide on a home system.
>>
>>146202961
I don't know how long it will take for fdevs to approve the group but it's a good idea to start now.
I guess we'll have to decide possible faction names, locations and description and then do a strawpoll when time comes
>>
Save us braben
>>
>>146202961
>>146202647
Cool. For a home system we could do Vajrapem if we're trying to be /edg/y
>>
>>146203545
I'd go for pretty much any system as long as it has multiple stations/star ports . I think everyone agreed before that we should in anarchy
>>
>>146204269

IIRC we wanted anarchy for the purposes of engaging in piracy and smuggling.
>>
File: 1440545484931.gif (885KB, 256x512px) Image search: [Google]
1440545484931.gif
885KB, 256x512px
>go into Tartarus point with tradeconda
>two player FDL's try to ram me and fail
>report them while they ram me on landing pad
>>
>>146203545

Is there an anarchy faction in that system we can try to help increase the influence of?
>>
>>146198031
>I Would love some engaging gameplay like that

Man, tfw you have so many ideas but not talent to execute them. Truly a fate worse than death. Then again, learning to code is/was shit and I would have hated doing that as a profession
>>
>>146206901

It's a combination of FD having poor coding skills and them having a strict schedule to keep pumping out tacky expansions. Engineers atleast had some nice QoL changes so lets see if they can keep it up.
>>
>>146203545
>>146204269
Made a Google docs for possible candidates (added a few as examples):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>146207434
momus reach is occupied with normies and dads due to community goal.
>>
>>146207596

Are all of those Dangerous Games CGs going to be in that system?

If the CGs aren't they will be there until Thursday, maybe a bit longer.
>>
>>146207434
Nice. I'm at the core atm unfortunately. Should we also check if a system already has player faction in it?
Also form says that we have to submit top 3 systems that we want so we'll have to pick 3
>>
>>146102307
>peaceful first contact
>game is in time AFTER the war and a formed Alliance between Thargoids
>>
>>146207596
>>146208091
I haven't done all that much exploring or tradecondaing yet so the only criteria I had for these were simply named high-tech systems with cheap ships and outfitting (LYR, not that I do PP) just so it wouldn't be an empty spreadsheet.

Please feel free to add promising systems, would be nice if you put something in the notes but optional.
>>
>>146208624
I'll try to do some systems scouting when I get beck to the bubble.
I think it's really important to make sure there are no other player factions in systems because now way we can out influence tryhard dads. And probably it would have to be low profile system as well but we don't want a system with one outpost either..
>>
File: rejections.png (25KB, 650x255px) Image search: [Google]
rejections.png
25KB, 650x255px
>>146208624
>>146209380
also pic related are denied applications

>no population is selected system
why would someone pick system with no population?
>Another player faction exists in requested system
really need to make sure there are no player factions
>Empire/Fed conflicts
isn't a problem if we're going independent
>>
File: 1450149182056.jpg (28KB, 313x287px) Image search: [Google]
1450149182056.jpg
28KB, 313x287px
>>146209936
>Faster than Death squad
>>
>>146209380
Cool I'll do the same. Independent is probably the way to go so anons hostile to any SP don't get any more interdictions, at least any more than they'd get for having pledged to a power, PP-independent systems would be even better but probably just a matter of time till a power expands there, unless it's outside the bubble (but then we couldn't expand anywhere if I understand correctly).
>>
File: edg faction candidates.png (119KB, 1142x700px) Image search: [Google]
edg faction candidates.png
119KB, 1142x700px
>>146207434
>>146208624
>>146209380
>>146209936
pic contains a bunch of good candidates, all are high tech LYR systems with stations, just need to check em out to make sure no one has already claimed them

also, do we care about having a black market?
>>
>>146211987
It'd be a plus at least. We do want piracy and smuggling.
>>
Based dad Obsidian Ant keeps it real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKeC-FBomCw
>>
>>146212484
In that case, LHS 28 is probably the first one to check. High pop and a black market, station is only 617 ls from star
>>
>>146211987
Nice, and yeah BM is always a plus. Lembava and Kamito have great shipyards and outfitting too, Diaguandri already has a player faction though (Brotherhood of the Dark Circle).
>>
>>146211987
Nice but do we really care about LYR discount that much?
>>
>>146211987
we don't need to be based IN a LYR system, but being near one would be nice

ideal systems are high RES and station systems (especially if you want to get those Hudson and ALD 2x bounties), anarchies and decent trading locations if you can find them
>>
>>146212893
I don't personally care about it, money is easy to make in this game, and you can always just fly to a LYR system when you want to buy a ship.

I'd prefer if we set up camp in an Archon system, for the improved black market payouts and reduced security level, making illegal shit easier/better
>>
>>146212893
No, that was just the criteria for a few examples so the doc wouldn't be empty, though it's always nice.

Add anything, systems with lots of belts, MR planets, trade routes, rares, whatever.
>>
File: 1464912638293.jpg (104KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
1464912638293.jpg
104KB, 740x740px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uAmCBKJ5bY
>>
>>146207434
>Qama
I just bought a python there like half an hour ago. Thurston Ring (the closest station) had a pretty poor selection of modules. Didnt check the rest out though
>>
>>146211987
To truly follow the vision the station should be at least 10,000 ls
>>
>>146213710
With Archons impending doom wont his bonus go as well?
>>
>>146215321
didn't know Archon's doom was impending
>>
I'm on xbone. I can participate in this faction thing too right?
>>
>>146215549
yeah, we won't be able to see each other or wing up, but it's the same background sim, so you can still grind influence
>>
>>146215549
No
>>
>>146215393
Just before FD fucked powerplay they accidently leaked that he was going to get removed. I assume its so the rise to power winner can have his space
>>
>>146216556
well, that's pretty fucked

also, what about https://eddb.io/system/7829 ?

high tech station, ALD space (20% increased bounty vouchers, 5% increased black market payouts), fairly close to the star (928ls), decent pop, RES right next to the station
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/197859-ELITE-Clan-Index

The most recently updated list of player factions I could find, but unfortunately most don't have an entry for home system.
>>
>>146217121
Still useful tho
>>
File: image.jpg (456KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
456KB, 1920x1080px
Is it even possible for black hole to be this close to star?
>>
>>146217981
Does ED have accretion discs?
>>
>>146218481

No. Nor does it have checks for how close a black hole should be to a star.

When you go near a black hole, all that happens is that you drop out of SC and you hit an invisible wall and cant go further.

The Vision has no time for such trivialties when it has to add a shitty upgrade shop to the game.
>>
>>146217981
inara.cz/wings has all the player factions that bothered to register here
You can consider just about anyone there RP
>>
>>146219159

Also, your heat increases.
>>
so what do you guys listen to while trading? need some suggestions for podcasts/music/whatever
>>
>>146220813

Yahtzee (of Zero Punctuation) does a weekly podcast with an irl friend of his called "Let's Drown Out". They play videogames in the background and talk shit/about shit. Some of the episodes are best watched, but for the most part the game played is not mentioned much. All the episodes are around an hour long, so planning for time is easy. His channel name is yahtzee19.

If you like Retsupurae they do a podcast as well. Tend to be longer though.
>>
>>146220813
I listen to podcasts but in Russian
>>
>>146222019

blyat
>>
>>146220813
Mostly electronic music, ambient like on this playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goDd02TTxBA&list=PLBnlbr0FpiKssd3ZVqkOjMuRdEC0XFj0x
>>
>>146221473
Cool, always though lets drown out was a lets play

>>146222019
They are going to become a PP faction so i for one welcome our space squatting masters

>>146223041
>Aphex Twin
you have good taste
>>
>>146189205
>grind
>literally wait 4 weeks and do just enough to get rank 3 during the last cycle.
>>
>>146183643
>>146183769
>incoming torpedo
>retract hardpoints before impact
>boom
>weapons still intact
>>
>>146005408

Ritualistic sacrifices to the RNG gods is not an effective method of progression
>>
>>146218481

They stated somewhere thats something they plan to add at some point. When is a different story
>>
>>146225779

>somewhere
>something
>plan
>at some point
>>
>>146226602

FD work flow in four words.
>>
>>146223041
This might be your thing http://www.radiosidewinder.com/listen-now/
>>
>>146220813
Pandora has stand-up comedy channels. I just listen to that. Kyle Kinane and Tom Segura are my favorites.
>>
>>146212565
He's one of my favorite dads.
He likes elite but isn't afraid to criticize Ftroop when they do something really fucking retarded.
>>
>>146227730
He's a traitor! Dissent is treason!
>>
Help, /edg/, I think I might've gone full forumdad!

I bought a Diamondback Explorer and I'm making a run at the galactic core and when I speed up I'm ENJOYING the engine sounds

Is there a cure?
>>
File: NOOT.gif (305KB, 261x199px) Image search: [Google]
NOOT.gif
305KB, 261x199px
>>146136335
>they spawn in front of you

I had that happen when I entered Glide above a planet.

>2.5 kilometers a second
>other ship isnt moving
>
>>
>Get into a fight with a pirate npc on a moon
>getting my ass kicked
>remember the AI loves to get behind you
>Aim my nose straight up low to the ground
>AI boosts face first into the ground repeatedly trying to get on my ass
>>
File: forumdad.jpg (1MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
forumdad.jpg
1MB, 5312x2988px
>>146228791
Looking forward to the screenshot album! Can't wait to upvote it!

o7 CMDR!
>>
>>146228791
yeah today I was hauling/smuggling shit with my shieldless asp and I got interdicted by a sidewinder that was running cold as fuck

I actually enjoyed destroying the motherfucker with dumbfire missiles

what is happening to me
>>
>>146228791
>>146230121

You're seeing the potential this game has and are enjoying it in spite of its shitty design.

That's why this general exists.
>>
>>146229975
wonder if that would work in RES sites
>put your ass to asteroid
>AI boosts straight into the rock
>>
>>146230082
Well, at least this guy doesn't look like a complete faggot. But seeing an old man using an Oculus with that shitty Boba Fett ripoff bobblehead on his speakers is just sad.
>>
>>146230476
works in supercruise
>point ass at a star while scooping
>"ive been looking for you"
>AI flies straight into the star
>>
>Sandro damage controlling the empty game by saying it's just like real life

You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>146231048
>At this year’s E3, I sat down with Elite: Dangerous’ Senior Designer Sandy Sammarco and PR/Communications Manager Michael Grapper to talk about the game’s successes and stumbling blocks. Before jumping in, let’s get the Engineers delay out of the way: Sammarco told me it stemmed from the team just not feeling the progress made by the original due date could have been better, so the team opted to hold it until it was up to par. While it may have been frustrating that the update came before a three-day weekend, it wasn’t to dodge potential complaints.

In space, there’s a whole lot of nothing
Much as you’d expect in real life, there’s a lot of empty space in, um, space. And Frontier says it hears that a lot from players who haven’t been playing for a long time. They forget that the world’s based on hard science, not a fantasy, which means space is pretty empty. That’s part of the appeal of the game. And as in the Engineers update, Frontier can take that space and fill it as it progresses through their feature goals. Elite’s a big game, and Frontier wants to make it bigger.

>wants to make it bigger

FILL UP WHAT YOU HAVE WITH CONTENT FIRST ASSHOLES
>>
>>146231220
>>wants to make it bigger

>thargoids pull you out of witch space
>you manage to beat them and warm up your FSD
>"cannot comply, proceed to jump point"
>its 500,000ls away
and due to a bug NPCs still interdict you
>>
What's /edg/'s control method of choice?

360 here.
>>
>>146233068
xbone
>>
>>146233068
T-Flight Thrustmaster X

not a bad HOTAS for 40 bucks or so
>>
>>146233068

360 here as well.
>>
>>146233068
Keyboard and mouse. I stopped using joystick when I found out it doesn't really help.

>Every single legacy captcha failing on me with just three numbers

This is fucking shit.
>>
>ships ranging the size of a bus to a cruiser are capable of theoretically indefinite interstellar travel
>humanity has the capacity to build giant cities in space, cities which also have the power to travel between the stars
>humans number in the millions of billions, if not more
>humanity still expanding their area of living and commerce at a snail's pace
>>
>>146233068
MKB. Might try HOTAS soon.
>>
>>146236191
insead of one bubble there should be one bubble and a whole bunch of smaller bubbles

rares would spawn in those smaller bubbles unrestricted but since they're all between 500 and 1k LY from each other/ the man bubble that's why they're called "rares"

"rares" in their local bubbles are worth next to nothing but a shitload in other bubbles

there's missions for hauling those rares. You're actually given the cargo like a standard hauling mission
>>
>>146237094

Something like this would be nice. The bubble would seem more "alive", there'd be more reason to do long range bulk hauling, and it would be an excuse for ftroop to add more stuff to the game to keep it alive. Missions for intercepting a fleet of Type-9s, with the reward being their cargo, for instance.

Wing mission: For two or more players. You get intel on a passing convoy, when and where they'll go, and your reward is being able to scoop the cargo. Do you take three combat ships to ensure victory, or do you take two/one combat ships and a cargo vessel to take the goods? When you turn in the mission all wing players get an equal share of the money. The mission giver could for example be Archon or any other pirate faction looking to disrupt an enemy. Their reward is you doing damage to an opponent, and you get cash for it.

If course this would entail ramping up the prize of some goods, but we all know that isn't going to happen.
>>
>>146231220
At least make the grind enjoyable or remove the grind, this isn't a f2p mmo
>>
>>146238467
Oh man the amount of people that are seriously defending the grind. And all Fdev can do is put out another set of bobbleheads.
>>
>>146211987

Anyone done any system scouting?

Alternatively, what exactly are we looking for in a system?

>>146229496

I had a pirate interdict me as I entered supercruise above a planetary station, and the system authority vehicles spawned instantly killing the thing before I even knew what it was.

>>146238695

Dads are worried that people with nothing left to buy just go grief people.
>>
>>146238912
>Scoopable star
>Something interesting to look at like close orbiting stars or a weird colored planet
>A station with a black market and a good module supply
>Existing lore, someplace something important happened in one of the earlier Elite games or Novels, the lore fags go fucking berserk when you take over one of their precious lore sectors and their tears are delicious
>A system name relating to an /edg/ meme
>>
Logged in for the first time in a month at least. IX has a conflict zone .11 ls from the station with a capital ship if anyone is interested in seeing one.
>>
Ceos/Sothis'd my way to a Python niggaz! Once I've kitted it out with all A's what's next? XD

please help me I don't know how to stop grinding oh christ oh god
>>
>>146239856
So after dicking about for a bit

>Join the faction the Farragut is with
>Everyone in that faction attacks me, including the cruiser

Quality. Also who would have guessed a capital ship showing up would be such a boring event.
>>
>>146241297
the exit from witchspace is the only cool part desu
>>
>50% Jumping from system to system
>40% Supercruise doing fuck all in this shit travel system that nobody likes
>5% doing stuff that makes money
>3% Doing stuff that's fun
>2% Doing stuff that's fun AND makes money

Why do you still play this shit game?
>>
>>146241367
It got old after seeing it several times.
>>
>>146240484

>grinding sothis for a python

The only thing the Python is good for is grinding more Sothis. If you're strapped for cash and the Python is your only ship, you can make it into a somewhat decent combat ship with a huge tank with all the internal slots it gets.
>>
>>146241537
Please tell me where you found something that was fun and made you money.
>>
File: 20160622003029_1.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160622003029_1.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>146239464

51 Arietis -- not sure if it's taken.

Has a scoopable star.
Two Earth-Like planets
Second station has a black market, same station has been known for shady dealing of alien artifacts.
HAZRES in system.
>>
>>146242084
Yeah it's not as epic as I expected, Conda next or something else fist?
>>
>>146242095
Pimping out yo momma's ass boy DAMN!
>>
>>146242518

Depends really on what you want to do. Python is a great ship for trading and smuggling. Anaconda is always a nice goal. FDL for combat if you want it but remember that FDL has shit range.

Also daily reminder that the Conda is pretty useless against a lot of the AI, as anything above Expert in a Vulture or smaller will be able to stick to your ass without you being able to do much about it.
>>
>>146242439
population is a bit low
>>
>>146242868
Python is great when you stay in the bubble, but useless outside of it. Fuck jumping 300+LY with 15LY jump range laden
>>
>>146243483
At least it's not an FdL.
>>
>>146243978
fuck the adderXL
>>
>>146242095
Made 1 million off of assaulting a little outpost on the surface of an ice planet. Only kinda fun mission I've ever had.

Just stayed in my ship and took out all of the defences. Couldn't target the drones, so I had to aim manually. Little fuckers were so small I couldn't even use the crosshair.
>>
>>146243483
I got my A grade Python up to 23ly with a tier 3 FSD engineer upgrade.
>>
>>146244680

I think you used to be able to target the drones but Ftroop "fixed" it because it was too easy. Maybe at some point we'll get weapons that actually let you do bombing runs.
>>
>>146245504
>Ftroop "fixed" it because it was too easy

Fuck it. I'm done. That's like the thousandth time I read that FD nerfed fun.
>>
File: 1346123476564.jpg (1MB, 2310x1781px) Image search: [Google]
1346123476564.jpg
1MB, 2310x1781px
>honeymoon phaze
>>
File: 1463978208736.jpg (161KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1463978208736.jpg
161KB, 1890x1417px
>realization of game's emptiness
>>
File: 1447754987079.gif (570KB, 1000x811px) Image search: [Google]
1447754987079.gif
570KB, 1000x811px
>grinding for the long haul sets in
>>
File: 1450815723759.png (62KB, 689x448px) Image search: [Google]
1450815723759.png
62KB, 689x448px
>alternatively: refuse to face the truth
>>
>>146246189
This is really the core problem with how Ftroop develops.
Instead of seeing what the players consider fun and enhancing it, they remove emergent gameplay if it doesn't perfectly coincide with their vision, directly removing fun.

It's like giving a bunch of kids a sandbox and telling them to build sand castles, but knocking down the sand castles you don't like and telling them they can only build certain styles of sand castles. Then when the kids start using tools to build these restricted sandcastles they take away the tools saying having tools goes against their vision of the sandbox.

Eventually the kids can only manage to build sand mounds and when they ask their dads if they can go play on a swingset because this is boring as fuck the dads say "NO YOU SIT THERE AND HAVE FUN WITH YOUR SANDBOX OUR LORD BRABEN PROVIDED IN ALL HIS EVERKNOWING GLORY"
>>
File: 1447758215314.png (2MB, 1500x999px) Image search: [Google]
1447758215314.png
2MB, 1500x999px
>wage doomed forumwars on the dads with suggestions for improvements
>>
File: 1452452315708.png (29KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1452452315708.png
29KB, 640x400px
>the futility of it sinks in as you shitpost on /edg/
>>
Goddamn, the subreddit is full of shit like this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4p2hie/dear_fdev_one_month_ago_i_told_you_the_grind_was/

Maybe they'll actually fucking hear the complaining and do something about the bullshit
>>
File: 1464231128923.png (9KB, 426x364px) Image search: [Google]
1464231128923.png
9KB, 426x364px
>like me
>>
>>146248194
They never will

not with the dads drowning out all dissenting voices
>>
>>146250258
Except some dads are starting to speak out.
And obsidian ant is easily worth a few thousand dads given how many people see his videos.
>>
>>146250337
even if fdev acknowledges the issues they won't do anything about them, they've already said so themselves, Lack of competence/funds means they can't even if they wanted to.

This game is doomed tbqh
>>
>>146250694
You'll see a major exodus once NMS comes out.
>>
>>146250942
lol when NMS comes out it will KILL Elite dead.

i'm not even saying this because i'm a fan of NMS, The only reason Elite has survived in this sorry state for so long is because it's never had competition.

Once NMS comes out it's good night sweet prince for Elite.
>>
>>146251350
This tbqh senpai

NMS is in the same vein as Elite. It's about exploration and has practically no multiplayer. It's also easier as a whole.

Elite is fucked.
>>
>>146251350
Nah, most dads will stick around.
I'm sure NMS will be too "easy" for most of them.
>>
>>146251350
What hurts me is that I don't want to switch to anything since I've invested so much time in Elite.

Unless NMS is the next best thing ever I guess I have to, but I feel it won't be miles ahead better.
>>
>>146251694
NMS actually has more multiplayer than Elite though. Whereas Elite tries to limit player interaction so that it's not too EvE for the dads, NMS has the attitude of if player interaction happens it happens.
>>
>>146251905
I must have a hundred hours or so in elite.
I have no qualms about switching just because I haven't played in a year and I'm sick of Frontier.

I won't miss my shit, I'm only sad about all the wasted potential.
>>
>>146251905
Don't fall into the sunk cost fallacy hole. That's how you spend years playing games you don't like.

Oh.
>>
>>146252037
lol what

nms has no multiplayer at all
>>
>>146251905
I'll wait for gameplay to come out and the "new and shiny" effect to wear off but if NMS has interesting endgame content (e.g. large ships, player owned stations/factions) and decent multiplayer interaction (player trading, co-op possibility, opportunistic PvP) I'll definitely let go of ED, regardless of how much time I invested in it.
>>
>>146252190
Yeah. I heard it has no grouping/teaming at all and that meeting another player is considered unlikely due to the size of the universe.
>>
>>146252213
>endgame content (e.g. large ships, player owned stations/factions) and decent multiplayer interaction (player trading, co-op possibility, opportunistic PvP)

NMS has none of those things. Neither does Elite tho.
>>
>>146252349
then what's the point? more pretty empty things?
>>
>>146252416
>more pretty empty things?

Yep. Which is why I'm saying it's going to draw all the dads, not the people who are unsatisfied with the game.
>>
>>146252274
That could just as easily describe elite desu.
>>
File: untitled.png (83KB, 241x210px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
83KB, 241x210px
>>146251870
yes, the niche, vocal minority will probably stay with Elite.

But most of the dads have already bought the lifetime pass, thinking that guarantees them a 10 year plan. How many people do you think are going to continue to support this game? how many people are going to buy into season 3 after all this?

The dads have already bought the life time pass so their money is already in Fdev's hands. A game needs returning players to keep buying into the seasons, on top of that they need an influx of NEW players as well to keep things running.

Go look at the negative reviews on popular outlets like steam, telling potential new players to STAY AWAY. go look at all the shear negative feedback from 2.1, not just on the official forums, but on Reddit as well. This game has always had somewhat of a bad rep, but now it's getting to a melting point.

You have untold Thousands of pissed off players who won't be supporting the game any longer, potential new players are being told to not buy this game, and all of this negative feedback is in no way helping to bring in more players.

And then NMS comes out, finally providing an alternative, and that will be the final nail in the coffin for the Vision.
>>
Okay so I have a DBS now with full upgrades. I can kill most NPCs that interdict me. Now it just seems like my next step is to grind shekels for a fancier ship. Is there more to this game or is that really it?
>>
>>146252274
no
it's not possible to see other players at all

all along murray has intentionally been dodgy answering questions about multiplayer

this interview they had to specifically ask twice in a row:
https://youtu.be/1ORFgfhj_hM?t=3m53s

the answer is no. the answer is not "well the universe is sooo big the odds of you running into another player is so small!"

no. there is no multiplayer.
>>
Come on even the most ardent supporters of Elite have to admit that it wouldn't have any players at all if it wasn't literally the only game in town.
>>
>>146252769
>no. there is no multiplayer.

That actually wouldn't surprise me. Guy seems dodgy as fuck, keeps avoiding any straight answers.
>>
>>146252865
it shouldn't surprise anyone, but it will.

go post in any nms discussion forum about multiplayer and you get ignored or people spew the odds being small line.

it's a singleplayer game. before it got delayed it was being sold as a singleplayer game.
>>
Didn't Fdev literally come out and say that they won't/can't fix any of the issues due to poor funding?

I'm pretty sure it was posted on reddit at some point, something involving powerplay?
>>
>>146253074
Not exactly
They can't afford to use professional coding practices because of poor funding.
These in turn make the code a clusterfuck so changing one thing can have consequences somewhere it should have nothing to do with if it was coded competently.

Meaning these things could be fixed, it's just a lot harder than it should be, so they probably won't be fixed until they become the highest priority issues.
>>
>>146252178
Oh boy.

I no longer know if I REALLY like Elite. I enjoy playing it but .... why?
>>
>>146253409
Maybe you just hate yourself?
>>
>>146253575
I don't think I do. I am a huge masochist because I work in the software field but I wouldn't say I'd hate myself. I'm in a good place in my life at the moment.
>>
File: 1397584331450.jpg (78KB, 417x600px) Image search: [Google]
1397584331450.jpg
78KB, 417x600px
>>146253665
>I am a huge masochist because I work in the software field but I wouldn't say I'd hate myself.
>>
>>146253784
Masochism isn't self hate!
>>
>>146239464
It says in the rules that system can not be in any lore important location
>>
>>146239464
>Scoopable star
Not required really if there is a station you can refuel at.
>Something interesting to look at like close orbiting stars or a weird colored planet
It would be nice to have some Horizon's planets to explore/raid and take screenshots with fellow autistic anons.
>A station with a black market and a good module supply
Black market is a M U S T for us smuggle pirate boyZ. Good module supply would be grand.
>Existing lore, someplace something important happened in one of the earlier Elite games or Novels, the lore fags go fucking berserk when you take over one of their precious lore sectors and their tears are delicious
Not possible, Ftroop won't allow this.
>A system name relating to an /edg/ meme
for the lulz

>>146238912
My own take is essentially what was mentioned above.

The system could be independent or aligned with some faction, we will get our own independent faction to boost into power anyways.

The location should be somewhere near a popular trade route of rares or some other commodity for hilarious piracy prospects.
>>
Maybe Jotunheim? Just because it sounds good and has Big Harry Monkey's Hideout
>>
>>146257710
Love the system name.
>>
To dad or not to dad?
>>
File: O'BrianGrindsFedRep.jpg (372KB, 861x1920px) Image search: [Google]
O'BrianGrindsFedRep.jpg
372KB, 861x1920px
>>146257710
That actually sounds kinda neat
>>
Servers are down, do you guys know any other worthwhile space/flight games that work with an X52? Maybe more action-oriented ones.
>>
>>146258961
>Servers are down
finally an excuse to play FTL
If or when they give us space legs I wish they would give us some kind of NPC crew. They don't even have to do anything just walk around and tinker with equipment
>>
> Players can now spend favours (reputation levels) to control experimental effects on blueprints
I haven't touched engineers but from what I've heard this sounds like the worst possible way to handle the wheel.
>>
>>146259306
They're trying to fix it without admitting they fucked up.

Yeah it's shit.
>>
>>146259248
A multi-crew ship where NPCs or other players can be assigned to systems would be pretty fucking awesome which is why I doubt ED Multicrew will ever be so in-depth.
I hope there's a more open-ended FTL 2 or FTL ripoff at some point.
>>
>>146259727
They don't have enough resource to make ship interior. I don't know how multicrew work without that
>>
File: wondrous braben.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wondrous braben.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>146259306
>>146259462
>1 lvl to change an existing effect
>2 lvls to get an effect from scratch

ahahahahahahahahahahah
>>
File: hadenough.jpg (25KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
hadenough.jpg
25KB, 500x273px
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/267701-Update-2-1-03-Incoming

STILL NO FUCKING STORAGE REEEEE!!!
>>
>>146260635

I'm surprised we even got anything
>>
>>146123059
>UA bomb dad's favourite station
>Meta alloys fixes it
>Meta alloys can't be gathered anymore and cost more money to buy from the station in Maia than dad can make in half a year of playing

This literally can't fail
>>
>>146259727
The biggest problem I have with multicrew ships is would it be better to have 2 people on one ship or just 2 ships.

If having 2 ships is way better than one, multicrew ships would just be a gimmick
>>
>>146260635
Let's hope they don't fix the Ceos/Sothis thing

>>146262270
UA bomb?
>>
>>146262270
Founder world maybe?
>>
>>146262324
Selling unknown artifacts on a station will cause it to have malfunctions so bad it eventually shuts down everything but the shipyard.
Meta alloys fix this and revert the damage
>>
>>146262324

Get your Billions while you still can. Cant last forever
>>
>>146262370
Ughh.. Is that a result of 'bad coding practises' or an intended feature.
Also why the fuck is it in the game? What's the lore cause for this? Just fucking what?
>>
>>146262462
It's not a feature, they will manually turn off the station once the server went offline
>>
>>146262462
It's part of the aliums storyline
Feel free to read through the 30000 forum posts
>>
>>146262560
Ah yes, Frontier's infamous 'story telling'. As in, interpret a lot, make shit up, talk to other people on the forum about it, spend hours upon hours outside of the game in different communities, and together you might come up with a theory that approaches the state of possible being a couple of plot thread that could theoretically connect in a very loose and random fashion to form a non-cohesive and speculative narrative.

Fuckin F-Troop.
>>
Guys I just want to say that maybe you might want to ease up on system searches for now. We can't even apply for faction yet, braben knows how much longer it will take for the group to be approved, I just don't want all your work to go in vain.¨

Also I hope that somebody else submitted a group form in case my doesn't get trough.
I find it weird that they don't do player check in anyway and just trust your word on how many people you have.
>>
>>146252654
>Is there more to this game or is that really it?
That's really it. The only consolation is that once you get a Conda you can go back to the newbie zones and murder the dad's protector white knights in their Condas.
>>
>>146262390
So far I've been collecting missions that send me to various systems and make about 20 mil an hour, (Python) is there a better way I should be trying? Allied with all factions too.
>>
>>146260635
Don't worry, the funzone is still not patched.
>>
>>146262270

Keep this in mind though, barnacles were just spotted in the witch head nebula, so it may just be harder to get them on the cheap.
>>
File: dangerouslydadly.png (65KB, 1280x277px) Image search: [Google]
dangerouslydadly.png
65KB, 1280x277px
Someone shut this dad up. My fucking god. Even the steam charts prove that fact, and he is still denying it.
>>
>>146270689
>muh mature audience
This is the pinnacle of dad delusion.
>>
File: 1445534000868.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1445534000868.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>>146270689
>>
>>146270689
I feel like this is edg being ironic
>>
>>146247295
>Honeymoon phase

Accurate.

>Ooh, look at all these planets these look nice
>Oh shit, this docking is awesome
>Damn this station is huge, flying this ship is fun
Fast forward xx amount of hours
>I saw that exact same planet 300 light years ago in the bubble
>All this shit is boring
>>
File: GluttonyFag.gif (20KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
GluttonyFag.gif
20KB, 100x100px
*Chuckles in the background*
>>
>>146270689
>"we could be at the beach, crying into the sea while our wife makes a new son at home with Adebowale"
>>
>Finally cave in and get a FDL because my hipster conda fighting setup doesn't work anymore

Mhh this ship is alright i guess
>>
>>146271125
It's almost too bad to be true, innit?
>>
>>146270689
>Mature audience
>Same audience that was crying because they couldn't name and shame/dox people combat logging

Okay.
>>
>>146273791

>Same audience that got blasted for name and shaming the guys who killed a fuel rat.
>>
are there many furrys in this game? is there a furry faction or something?
>>
>>146275862
They infest everywhere mate like a cancer.
>>
>>146276513
We're past the bump limit, you dingus.
Thread posts: 758
Thread images: 98

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.