[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/w*g/ Wildstar General - Steam Launch Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 763
Thread images: 155

File: SteamReleaseBitches.png (856KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
SteamReleaseBitches.png
856KB, 1024x512px
>What is WildStar?
A Free-to-Play space-fantasy MMO with a focus on combat with aiming and dodging, an extensive player housing system, 20-man raids, platforming, warplots(>.>;) and more.

>Iso's in-depth Wildstar Review/Guide
http://steamcommunity.com/app/376570/discussions/0/357288572116851778/

>Official Links
http://wildstar-online.com/en/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/376570
https://twitter.com/WildStar
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/

>What server should I play on?
There are only two mega-servers depending on region. Entity for NA and Jabbit for EU.

>Server Status
https://twitter.com/WildStarOps

>/w*g/ Steam Group
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/wildstargeneral

>Discord servers (non-4chan affiliated)
General Server - https://discordapp.com/invite/0TrMr9NtcKuxgDn3
EU Server - https://discordapp.com/invite/0XxxgVSJaRtLDKkc

>News, Announcements, and Updates
Today is the official Steam launch for Wildstar and the Starfall event is currently active for the month of June. The Space Chase event will start up on June 10th-20th.
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/forum/197-information/

>Useful links
Trailers & WS Flicks: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvkoaU6imUUolBSP5ftqUA4E
Gameplay footage & DevSpeaks: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvmmnQIbaIEOR_AY-smwRt1l
WS Livestreams: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvlIWUCT2QRhyu76qOvf_R-C
Extended OST: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYI9EPUJIJn-hHtogLyY4ecvW80Xx-_7M (Vol. 1 now on sale)
Class builds : http://ws-base.com/ , http://forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewforum.php?f=4

>Active /w*g/ Circles
Ask for invites in thread or in steam chat
Entity -
Dominion : DROPKIX (Whisper Ijio Nano, Kezan Nano)
Exiles : Space Dandys (whisper Jericho Crow, Sly One, Rock Bro)

>Addons
http://mods.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar

>FAQ
http://pastebin.com/5BcsgXtz
>>
>>144937850
First for Steam Release!
>>
Inb4 boipussy
>>
It begins again. Whether or not it will remain falls to the Steam players now.
>>
Inb4 chai
>>
inb4 avatarfags shitting up the general
>>
File: to the bones.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
to the bones.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
YUMMY
>>
File: 151202.231039.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
151202.231039.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Post celeries
>>
File: smooch.jpg (76KB, 620x1036px) Image search: [Google]
smooch.jpg
76KB, 620x1036px
>>144938424
>>
So, what's everyone doing for Steam release? I plan on leveling an alt on the opposite faction.
>>
>>144939843
Same here, gonna level with my bf :^)
>>
File: Ijio_Nano.151221.232619.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ijio_Nano.151221.232619.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Welcome back, old friend. I can't believe this thread is alive again.
>>
>>144939989
We all are.
>>
File: mango1.png (193KB, 495x262px) Image search: [Google]
mango1.png
193KB, 495x262px
>>
>>144939843
Waiting for the new race/class combos to release and then leveling a Warrior
>>
File: 1453584911749.jpg (52KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1453584911749.jpg
52KB, 600x450px
Steam user here.

I will play.
>>
File: mango2.png (212KB, 457x274px) Image search: [Google]
mango2.png
212KB, 457x274px
>>
>>144940313
You sayin you gonna be a gerbil warrior?

You monster.
>>
>>144940349
Thank you, friend. Be sure to whisper anyone in the OP for a circle invite.
>>
>>144940646
It's not my fault Chua get the most ridiculously good animations compared to all the other races.
They have some contenders in certain aspects, but overall nothing is on their level.
>>
I'm going to play. Whether or not I have fun is what will make me stay or leave.

Sell me on the game. What would make this game better than, let's say, Guild Wars 2 or ESO?
>>
>>144941703
Space cowboys.
Cat girls.
Succubi.
Great music.
Great art subject to taste.
Combat is enjoyable subject to taste Lots of mobility and every class has either a tank or a heal spec..
>>
>>144941703
>What would make this game better than, let's say, Guild Wars 2 or ESO?
It's actually fun?
No seriously, doing group content in those games felt like busy work more than a game.
>>
File: gfdfg.jpg (249KB, 1028x717px) Image search: [Google]
gfdfg.jpg
249KB, 1028x717px
This is taking forever
>>
Whats other games that have gone through this route like?

Like lively are tera threads?
>>
>>144941703

It's free, fucking try it out yourself you useless sack of cumnuggets
>>
>>144942751
That's a real great way to convince people to play your abortion of a game that's literally doing everything it can to bring new players in.
>>
>>144942956

>it's my job to convince others to play 'my game'

Fuck you.
>>
>>144943029
Yeah. Forget about me playing the game now.
>>
I played in beta, and maybe a free weekend they gave me in the first few months.

I liked a lot about the game, but none of the classes really fell "right" to me.

Has there been changes so I should give it another go?
>>
>>144943202
Depends on what you mean by "right".
If it's in a general sense, then the only really significant change to a class I can think of is that Espers are able to be much more mobile now instead of having important attacks and AMPs tied to never moving.
The idea of moving as little as possible is still present in the class, but it's not as mandatory as it used to be.
There hasn't really been any playstyle changing updates to any of the other classes though, just new rotations as moves get buffed/nerfed.
>>
>>144943921
It's a pretty vague complaint, I know. I have some fanciful dream class or something I can never really find I guess.

Esper and "sword guy" were the two I played most of I think, so maybe trying esper again may be good.
>>
I used to have digital deluxe edition at launch. Do I get anything on this steam drop? I haven't played since
>>
>>144945589
Nope, nothing else. They do have the Digital Deluxe pack on resale, but as far as anything related to that, nothing.
>>
File: noperat.png (24KB, 298x253px) Image search: [Google]
noperat.png
24KB, 298x253px
>>144943921

Honestly, though, if you want easy, go with Medic. Though you'll need to max out amp and ability points before Medic becomes easy.
>>
>>144946496
>Though you'll need to max out amp and ability points before Medic becomes easy.
It still amuses me how much different Engineer is once you hit level 25.
>>
>>144944794
Don't play Esper. It's literally WoW's Shadow Priest, but uses a cast-time spell than channeling for it's filler.

You're better off playing literally any other class if you want a more Wildstar-y experience.
>>
>>144946620
I don't think I've had that case. Then again, I barely paid attention until I was told "Hey, switching your build to this is probably a good idea."
>>
>>144941703

Upsides:

- The quest and encounter designs are actually fun for longer than they are in most comparable games.

- Shiphands are very fun and an example of great design.

- Double jumping and shift-running make the MMO experience much better.

- While repetitive, there are good things about the explorer/soldeir/etc professions.

- The world building is great.

- Best single party instances in any game I have played.

- Encounter design for raids is probably without competition.

- Better than any F2P competitor, except possibly Tera.

- Housing options are really cool.

Downsides

- Game has no future.

- Development team has been slashed and there is no chance of anything good happening. This is the game's last cash grab before termination.

- Most people who bought it at launch would never return due to being burned already.

- While the combat system is good/okay, it is not as good as Tera. I would rank it above Blade and Soul and every other F2P competitor.

- Housing itself is not as useful as it could/should be. There is no reason to visit homes other than to mine nodes.

- Many classes are incomplete. Many systems remain incomplete.

- You will be beginning a story that has no ending or any sense of closure.
>>
>>144948174
Maybe it wasn't as big a deal closer to launch, but right now Tier 4 on their abilities is pretty significant.
>>
So its 80% done right now, what can I expect when it finishes
>>
Why are you putting non-/w*g/ discords in the general? I don't get it, what the fuck even is the point?
>>
>>144950257
Because the last time someone tried to make a general discord, it died. Better to have somewhere to talk about it than a ded server.
>>
File: Bliss.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bliss.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>144948948
>This is the game's last cash grab before termination.
It's not guaranteed yet
That implies it'd get shutdown no matter how many people picked it up on Steam which isn't true.

>While the combat system is good/okay, it is not as good as Tera
>Tera with Wildstar mobility
Pic Related
I'm totally in agreement there.
Tera's combat is still top of the line in my book, but I can't handle the Elin pedopandering or LFR-tier "raids", and besides that giving up the movement Wildstar is offering is fucking rough.

>Many classes are incomplete. Many systems remain incomplete.
I don't even understand what you mean by the former, and I'm not sure which you're referring to with the latter.

>You will be beginning a story that has no ending or any sense of closure.
At this rate I feel like the Entity is just going to wind up a solo dungeon instance like Omnicore. There's no way to stretch out that whole thing with him and Drusera any further to hold off until ANOTHER raid managed to be developed.
Honestly, I just want it to be over anyway. That whole plot was too cliche to warrant being the central storyline.
It was doubly disappointing after how great the setup was. The whole superiority complex of the entire race, the eldan disappearance, and then it's just two super powers fighting.
Maybe if they framed it differently since both of them are the same being to try and subtly hint at that or something.
I still need to do the second "solo" dungeon in Arcterra, but the identity and motives of whoever fucked up the whole project to begin with is the only thing that has a chance of re-catching my interest in that plot line.
>>
>>144948948
to add to the downsides

almost all of the zones past level ~25 are disconnected from one another and make the world as a whole feel incredibly incohesive. you literally finish a zone and then go back to your capital to teleport to the next zone.

also game has been f2p for months now, the steam release isn't going to change much in terms of population, might bring in a few hundred - but there is no significant amount of players returning to the game because Carbine has no interest in adding any content of actual value and will instead just churn out housing decor because it is the only thing that makes them money and maybe another daily zone every ~8 months because people fucking love doing dailies.
>>
>>144941893
>Cat girls
>girls
>>
>5:00AM EST
>Still not up on steam

What the hell?
>>
>>144951245
>imblyin they're not all girls
>>
>>144948948
>Housing itself is not as useful as it could/should be. There is no reason to visit homes other than to mine nodes.

I would argue that this isn't a downside. Garrisons show us what "Housing" can become if it becomes too tied into the mechanical experience rather than being an outlet of customization and vanity, which is all players who have wanted housing have ever wanted.
>>
>>144952079
>wanting an Aurin Slut when you could have a pure bp on your lap who's just happy that you noticed him

Enjoy your damaged goods
>>
>>144952179
I will
>>
File: Drusera Undergoes a Sex Change.gif (14KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Drusera Undergoes a Sex Change.gif
14KB, 600x450px
>still not up on steam

C'mon Volvomine, let me ride the wave of scrublords up the dungeons, like fuck am I going to level in the world again
>>
>tfw not even ERP could save Wildstar
>>
>8:48 EST
>still not steam
can i still use my old account if i use steam?
>>
>>144937850
>>144937850
>Non 4chan discord
>Non 4chan
>On 4chan

This community is already fucked
>>
>>144937850
>>144959198

I agree.
Making the discord open to everyone is how we got retards who needed culled out in the first place. One of the few communities that's better as a close circlejerk.
>>
>>144959198
That's what the steam group is for as the current wsg group is an exclusive club.
>>
File: 1432739609556.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1432739609556.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
Where are you steam release?
>>
>>144961530
That discord is tumblr incarnate, and ran by a cunt. Don't join. This thread died for a reason, and the reason is in that discord.
>>
>>144962521
Are you taking about Chai's discord? Agreed. We don't need that level of attention whoring killing the general again.
>>
>>144963309
I'm talking about the one linked in the OP. I didn't know there were other discords for /w*g/ but they are probably all terrible. I was in the original one and just watched it devolve to sly orbiting and SJW bullshit.
>>
>>144963497
>orbiting
Are you sure you don't mean Chai?
>>
I downloaded it again yesterday, only to find out from the client that it's gonna we released on steam today.
>>
>>144963497
The problem with the two servers is that one was and will always be a closed circlejerk, and the other is no longer a /w*g/ server.
>>
Oh man, nice to see the dead rise again.
Welcome back /w*g/.
>>
>>144964329
>>144963309
>Chai
Holy shit, I forgot about the cancer that died with the thread.
>>
>FUCKING NOON
>NOT OUT ON STEAM YET

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: 1464802156965.jpg (310KB, 1321x1321px) Image search: [Google]
1464802156965.jpg
310KB, 1321x1321px
Played all public releases since beta

It's still shit and always has been just like WoW for the same reasons as WoW and just like WoW it's only being kept alive by ERP furfags.
>>
>>144968520
Welcome to any MMO ever.
>>
File: likewoahchilldude.jpg (187KB, 1045x640px) Image search: [Google]
likewoahchilldude.jpg
187KB, 1045x640px
So like- Is it on steam already?
>>
>>144963497
>Orbiting

You sure you don't mean Chai Ria?
>>
It's 12 fucking 30. Where's the damn game?
>>
>>144973103
Delayed until August
>>
>>144973145
I would actually walk to the dev's main office all the way across the country, go in smelling like month-old wild man, and raise so much hell.
>>
>>144973103
Ever heard of a one minute before midnight launch?
>>
Why were people expecting it to be avaliable at midnight again?

It's available now, go get it.
>>
>>144975687
It's about fucking time!
>>
>>144976007
I dunno what you're on about, it came out right when it was expected to.
>>
And now they added loot packs. Seemingly exclusive loot packs because the in-game store doesn't have them. One of them is a hundred dollarydoos.
>>
>>144963497
>>144964329
No, Sly was pretty cancerous.

She called for witch hunts on people she couldn't control, and she completely denied any accusations of being an attention-whore despite masturbating in voice chat and tripfagging on /soc/

I still get harassment from her circlejerk whenever I play a character in-game with my usual ign. I'm not Ria.
>>
>>144979304
Chai pls
>>
>>144979574
I'm not Chai, either. She wants nothing to do with this game or it's community considering Sly's circlejerk actively sought her out in OTHER GAMES to harass her about this shit here.

Like, this is a genuine warning to people interested in Wildstar - avoid it's 4chan or 4chan spawned communities like the goddamn bubonic plague. They are by far the worst communities I've ever been in.

And I fucking play garbage like LoL and DotA2
>>
What's the best race to play if I want to play a litteral walking cocksleave?
>>
>>144979825
Aurin/Chua unfortunately.
>>
So what files must I move around to avoid re-downloading the game, lads?
>>
>>144979764
Only a select few of them are okay. Most avatarfags are cancerous, save for... Iso, really. He's pretty chill.
>>
>>144980032
Well, not the entire circlejerk's cancerous - Rockbro, Iso, Jericho are all pretty good folks, as are both the Nanos in the OP.

It's just the person with the most power and influence is the one person who shouldn't even have power or influence in the first place.
>>
>>144979764
>avoid it's 4chan or 4chan spawned communities like the goddamn bubonic plague
I figured most regulars of /vg/ know that that applies to every game by now.
>>
File: Untitled.png (24KB, 288x156px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
24KB, 288x156px
Soon I can sell all my CS:GO skins and buy mounts, hype.
>>
>>144979304
>She called for witch hunts on people she couldn't control

That has never happened. The only people who even got called on their shit were Chai, Ria, and Bei, who were all the definition of cancer, and are all the best argument for never joining a 4chan group, guild, chat, and etc.
>>
>>144980702
>The three people who were staunchly opposed to Sly having power
>'She never called witch hunts'

pfffthahahahaha
>>
>>144980823
Chai literally couldn't stop shitposting and was the reason the threads died before. Ria and Bei were /pol/ rejects who lost their shit when confronted on their objectively incorrect statements before jibbering about MUH ORBITERS before they ran off to Chai orbiter chat.

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>144981059
Chai's shitposting kept the threads bumped and so they didn't fade to page 10, Ria got kicked because he was full /pol/ (which admittedly, wasn't cool,) and Bei left because the fucking environment was a literal high school lunch table, and if you didn't follow the lead of the queen bee, you were basically ignored and treated as a sub-human.

Again, the three people who were the most vocal about Sly having power were shunned out. And not only were they shunned out, but have been, in at least two cases, actively sought out in Wildstar, and in other games for Chai's case, and harassed by members of that Discord.

I don't know what world you live in where you think it's totally okay for a Discord to actively seek and harass people that have long since left the group.
>>
File: Librarian Nelf is confused.png (55KB, 272x308px) Image search: [Google]
Librarian Nelf is confused.png
55KB, 272x308px
>>144981405
>Again, the three people who were the most vocal about Sly having power were shunned out. And not only were they shunned out, but have been, in at least two cases, actively sought out in Wildstar, and in other games for Chai's case, and harassed by members of that Discord.

That's weird, because I don't like Sly, or anyone, having admin power in the Discord unless absolutely necessary, like in the case of Ria or Bei, come into active disagreements with her constantly, but I'm not hunted or harassed because I'm also not a simpering cunthole.
Bei was also literally in the process of being kicked when he left.

It's kind of ironic to get your cankles all rashed up when the reason Chai is looked down on is BECAUSE she and her cuckfucks harassed people. You can make up whatever reasons Bei for leaving, but the reality is that he was harassing people, and couldn't take the shit he was dishing out when it came back at his little manlet self.
>>
>>144981738
This is why people think Sly's Discord is full of jerks, because people like you can't be civil.
>>
File: 1400971349993.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1400971349993.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
Good to see the drama's alive and well.
>>
File: ybxye37h.jpg (217KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ybxye37h.jpg
217KB, 1024x768px
I'm glad I used to have fun with this game instead of involving myself in petty drama.
>>
it's sad that one group can't let their grudge go and has to bad mouth people at every opportunity. Even when they don't play or communicate with said group. Literally toxic environment in Wildstar.
>>
File: GOTY.png (97KB, 745x171px) Image search: [Google]
GOTY.png
97KB, 745x171px
>>
File: Filthy Casual.png (178KB, 326x343px) Image search: [Google]
Filthy Casual.png
178KB, 326x343px
>tfw my class is seen as the huntards of Wildstar
>>
>>144981738
>her and her cuckfucks harassed people
Literally no recorded instance. Chai merely wanted to be friends with people, but got chased out because she strongly disagreed with Sly's insane mentality.

And on the Bei note; all I remember was him posting in defense of Chai's shitposting (whether that was worth defending is up for debate) and got completely shut out by denials of an attention-whoring hypocrite (Sly) and someone who might legally be insane (String.)

And secondly, I'm not gonna excuse Ria's reason for getting booted, because he was definitely acting out of line.

>>144982073
>>144982285
>>144982310
I didn't want to start drama. Just wanted to give a warning to people to avoid the Discord because it's run by someone who gravitates to tumblr tactics and other such garbage.
>>
>>144982463
>Literally no recorded instance
Shut up, Donny, you're out of your element
>>
File: 140609147856.png (11KB, 239x21px) Image search: [Google]
140609147856.png
11KB, 239x21px
>>144982364
I expect to see that image again come Monday.
Don't disappoint me.
>>
File: headturn.gif (1009KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
headturn.gif
1009KB, 300x225px
>>144982463
>Literally no recorded instance.
>>
I'm new here and this is fucking stupid. I like this game so far, but I'm not joining the shit circle with these drama faggots. If you play on Entity NA I'm making a new /w*g/ circle, just to shed off this cancer drama. Post IGN and I will add you
>>
File: The Caretaker Dot Jaypeg.png (558KB, 1023x626px) Image search: [Google]
The Caretaker Dot Jaypeg.png
558KB, 1023x626px
>>144982463
>I didn't want to start drama, I just wanted to start drama!
>Don't use the discord of circlejerking, use the discord of circlejerking!

Literally go kill yourself
>>
File: 1386433588656.jpg (42KB, 235x249px) Image search: [Google]
1386433588656.jpg
42KB, 235x249px
Umm didn't we agree that this game was shit?
>>
>>144982791
Try again
>>
>>144982654
>I'm new here and this is fucking stupid.
Agreed, I don't even know any of these people being named.
>>
>>144982712
I'll take this bait;

I had no intention of starting drama, and I did not point you to another W* discord. Honestly, like what >>144982654 is doing, the game genuinely needs a fresh circle and Discord and start in general.

And just to re-iterate, because I know a couple of you are denser than all hell - Gave warning, did not actively discourage from joining the Discord or point one to another.
>>
>>144982824
Yes, but people are desperately clinging to it in hopes that a steam release will resuscitate the body long after it's gone cold. It won't.

No advertising, no press, no positive reviews, no word of mouth. Even the people who play it can't recommend it to people. It's gone.
>>
File: 1465004480857.jpg (47KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
1465004480857.jpg
47KB, 400x340px
>>144982942
Oh, I wanted a good mmo to play but it seems there is none, I will check in 2 months, if this general isn't cancer by then then I'll play
>>
File: tEtSGoc.jpg (81KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tEtSGoc.jpg
81KB, 1920x1080px
>/w*g/ descends into namedropping and shitflinging yet again
We were so busy asking if we could, we forgot to ask if we should.
>>144982654
I'll join after I'm done installing on steam.
>>
>>144982942
>Even the people who play it can't recommend it to people.
I can and have.
It's not a universal recommendation, but it can definitely scratch an itch some people may be unable to quite reach with other games.
>>
>>144983269
You've misled your friends, then.
>>
File: trustworthysalesperson.png (242KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
trustworthysalesperson.png
242KB, 500x355px
>>144983269
Wildstar's a good pick if you don't wanna go full Korean waifu MMO like Tera and still want a fun combat system with an art style similar to WoW.
>>
File: pawesome.jpg (12KB, 204x202px) Image search: [Google]
pawesome.jpg
12KB, 204x202px
>>144983319
Oh shit really?
Thanks senpai, I'll go correct my mistake right now.
>>
>>144983542

I agree wholeheartedly. I could also recommend the game on Housing alone, but that may just be me.
>>
>>144983542
>fun combat system
The group instance design is aces too.
Hell the boss fights and dungeons are what sold me on the game back in beta.
>>
>>144983970
This. I used to recommend Rift for its housing. Both games have almost identical housing systems, and given the choice, Wildstar is undeniably the superior game.

I miss /riftg/
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-04-26 23.30.07.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-04-26 23.30.07.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>144983970
>>144984121
There's a ton of shit you can build with the housing system. All manner of styles, too. The game offers a selection of basic building blocks like walls, floors and arches, down to nitty gritty details, such as scattered papers, glasses and tacos.
>>
>>144984086
I wonder if any of the new players will make it to Skullcano.
That'll be fun.
>>
>>144984442
I really have to get into doing dungeons and such, myself.
I'm still 2/4 for imbuement. Even though I'm not going to do raids probably.
>>
tfw video games will never be fun again

>>144984816
I've been itching to play a dungeon, if you want an exile healer or dommie deeps I'm down to join.
>>
>just uninstalled Tera

Should I play this, BnS, or GW2?

NCSoft has 3 f2p games at the same time, what were they thinking?
>>
>>144985117
Sadly my exile isn't dungeon level, and you'd just have another DPS.

Depends if we'd rush it or take our time.
>>
>>144985230
This is the best game out of the three, but GW2 is WAY more populated.
>>
>>144979825
Mechari if you want to take serving the Dominion to the logical, sexy extreme.

Draken, Aurin or Granok if you just want to be a big ol' slutbag.
>>
>>144985230
W* > BnS

I don't have an opinion on GW2 as I'll never touch it.
>>
File: back when the game was good.jpg (496KB, 1912x1036px) Image search: [Google]
back when the game was good.jpg
496KB, 1912x1036px
Remember back when this game was still good?
>>
>>144985230
GW2, unquestionably.
>>
File: 1446351935164.png (527KB, 600x835px) Image search: [Google]
1446351935164.png
527KB, 600x835px
>>144985117
Forgot my picture, rip

>>144985230
Wildstar for good single player content, BnS for pvp? Haven't actually played it since launch though.
>>
>>144985471
I dunno if I'd say GOOD since it's just questbased, but the instances are fun.
>>
>>144985471
>single player
Group, i meant group content.
I should go to bed.
>>
File: quality_mechari_art2.jpg (134KB, 485x485px) Image search: [Google]
quality_mechari_art2.jpg
134KB, 485x485px
Jesus. Mixed feelings over seeing this general return from the grave.
>>
>>144985692
It's kinda strange, yeah. On the one side, holy shit it's alive when Steam happened.

On the other... it's alive. When it was buried for probably good reasons.
>>
File: mordesh_tho.png (95KB, 818x928px) Image search: [Google]
mordesh_tho.png
95KB, 818x928px
>>144985692
Same
I have missed these threads
>>
File: wakemeup.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>when the general comes back and you dont want it to come back
>>
>>144985419
Hey, I remember when I missed that photoshoot.
>>
>>144943137

if he didn't want to convince you to play the game, why the fuck would he give a shit about your faggot hugbox blog post?
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-04-22 20.47.21.png (506KB, 579x681px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-04-22 20.47.21.png
506KB, 579x681px
Post Chua.
>>
This general should never have returned. It's better to let dead things remain dead, than to bring back it's horrid carcass of a puppet.

New drama free and cancer free general where?
>>
>>144985864
I miss winterfest.
>>
File: steam.png (2KB, 90x31px) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
2KB, 90x31px
>>
>>144980032
>>144980161
>Iso's a cool dude

Thanks, bros. I'm really not trying to cause trouble. Just wanna be cool dudes with everybody and not get involved with drama.

Also play the game and hopefully beat up Avatus. Would be nice.
>>
>>144980161
>Nanos
>caring about /w*g/

I regularly went to them with problems because Sly couldn't handle an opinion that wasn't her own and they basically ignored me or didn't bother to resolve the issue. As much as it's the ringleader's fault it all turned into a cult of personality they didn't lift a finger to stop it and sometimes even actively encouraged it.
>>
I'm starting to get the feeling nobody is actually posting in this thread except for Ria and Sly.

Anybody else here who actually wants to talk about the Video Game and not this fucking shitty dramafest?
>>
Downloading now.

Does race matter other than which faction and appearance? Do any have particularly terrible animations or anything?
>>
File: montage.png (768KB, 1680x877px) Image search: [Google]
montage.png
768KB, 1680x877px
Remember old /w*g/?
>>
>>144991046
Ria just got here. It's been slys circle jerk and one Defender of Truth
>>
File: facts.png (320KB, 640x1081px) Image search: [Google]
facts.png
320KB, 640x1081px
>>144991392
Look at this chart and be your own judge.
>>
>>144991546
The self-victimization of Ria and Chai's circlejerk is tumblr-tier bullshit.
>>
>>144991439
yeah I got a premium account from some guy here who bought several boxed copies
he stopped playing a long time too
>>
>>144991392
Race is purely cosmetic beyond classes and starting zone, and you can switch to the other zone if you want to.

>>144991634
>chua
>>
>>144991875
The irony of this statement. The absolute irony.

But seriously, all parties involved in the drama need to stop posting. All we're doing is causing unnecessary drama and cancer in a game that's got a third shot at life. We don't need to be ruining it by carrying past grudges into this general.
>>
File: 1443268714992.jpg (35KB, 375x357px) Image search: [Google]
1443268714992.jpg
35KB, 375x357px
alright, completely new to this wildstar business, i know absolutely nothing of it and im willing to give it a shot, anything i should know before jumping in?
>>
>>144992334
Use mouse look, don't play Esper, Engineer doesn't get fun until L25, and use your leveling experience as a chance to learn how rune, runing, and rune systems work.
>>
Are there any classes with handy support "aura" type things? (ex: allies in 5m get +1 attack or somthing).

I like smacking people people in melee with a side order of support stuff. Is there a class for me?

>>144991634
Handy.

>>144991990
Thanks.
>>
File: Drakonmation_1.gif (307KB, 375x303px) Image search: [Google]
Drakonmation_1.gif
307KB, 375x303px
Oh man, here we go again

I'm ready, I'm so ready

I missed /w*g/ so much
>>
>>144992334
>>144992502
Also play as Exile, as Dominion has about 1/3 the playerbase of Exile.
>>
>>144992642
Too bad 75% of the Exile playerbase consists of Aurin weebs.
>>
>>144991392
Chua have the best animations by far, sadly
Female Noks have weird combat animations and their facial expressions aren't great
Mordesh have weak emotes but lots of cool features/aesthetics
Mechari have great emotes but only two faces for each sex have any noticeable expressions on them, also constant troll feet
>>
>>144992642
that kinda makes me want to play dominion for the sole purpose of being an underdog
>>
any new pve/pvp content added in after that one-boss raid after datascape?
>>
>>144993464
No new BGs or Raids since that one boss raid.

Maybe Protogames.
>>
File: 1409506940851.jpg (187KB, 1200x878px) Image search: [Google]
1409506940851.jpg
187KB, 1200x878px
Still the best girl
>>
>>144987950
So...are these Sly and Chai fellas even hot?
>>
File: truly divine.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
truly divine.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>144993598
THE NEXUS PROJECT...
>>
>>144992972
>Chua have the best animations by far, sadly
This.
Only one of my friends wound up making something other than a Chua after trying all the dommie races out in beta, and I'm the only furfag of the group.
>>
File: pillar.png (31KB, 285x205px) Image search: [Google]
pillar.png
31KB, 285x205px
>still
>>
>>144993126
You won't be disappointed.
All those Exiles means the skill ratio of players is total trash. Granted it won't matter too much outside of raids eventually since they're gonna drop the faction barrier on instance matching.
>>
Did they drop the class race restrictions yet?
>>
>steam achievements AND ingame achievements
that's a bit silly but ok
>>
>>144994882
They can't because they literally don't have all the animations.
They did just add 2 more recently but don't expect more for a while
>>
>>144994217
>Chai
>Better than sly
Now nigger I hate both of them but god damn you got some objectively shit opinions
>>
>>144995092
>"Oh boy which ones did they-"
>Chua Warrior, Aurin Engineer
Thanks, Carbine or whoever works on this shit anymore
>>
>>144995391
>expecting them to be for any races other than the two most popular ones
>>
Did they ever put Kit Brinny's tits back to their normal size?
>>
>>144995593
Yeah because what the game needed was more reason to play the popular races

Someday Draken will be able to be a class I actually want to play
>>
File: tits brinny.jpg (99KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
tits brinny.jpg
99KB, 500x727px
>>144995695
Yes
>>
>>144995695
They did that a LONG time ago. They also added body sizes, though they're more like templates.

In any case, tits are there.
>>
>>144995768
>>144995810
Downloading now
>>
Installing steam version, completely new any tips for a new player? Is there a lass system?
>>
>>144996406
I assume you mean Class, and not really; standard faire for a post-WoW MMO - pick a race, pick a class. There's a LAS system, but no really hard and fast specs like WoW's Arms Warrior or WoW's Fury Warrior.
>>
>>144996581
>not a Lopp
eh
>>
>>144995768

I like natural looking tits of any size as much the next person, but goddamn balloon tits are a dying breed. This game needs to exist solely for their preservation. Its one of the few western developed games thats shameless about it, even after the boobening.
>>
>>144995695
...were they ever smaller? did I miss something?
>>
>see game is f2p on steam
>whatever ill give it a shot
>install game
>first thing i see when starting game is an over-the-top promotion video telling me just how "unforgettable and deep" (direct quote) this game is
it worries me when a game shoves just how good it is down your throat before youre even at character creation
>>
>>144996721
Would be nice. The game was actually pretty good, it's just Carbine and a good chunk of the community that's trash.

Also Janitor senpai, could you like, go back up and start deleting the drama shit?
>>
File: Ijio_Nano.160221.232724.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ijio_Nano.160221.232724.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>144997165

Thank god shit's getting deleted. Can we just burn the people involved alive?

Also, how's your Datascape progress? Getting stuck at Avatus is heart wrenching, but damn we're so close.
>>
>>144997720
>ijio shitting on "people involed"

fucking
el
oh
el
>>
File: Caesar.png (92KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Caesar.png
92KB, 300x300px
>>144997720
I am also in a guild stuck on Avatus. Just need a good pair week to punch through and shit.

Postin' some art I got ages ago from you. I still like it.
>>
hey just starting up now, what the fuck is the difference between paths? being a settler or explorer sounds cool but whats the benefit? im really looking to see which path is least taken
>>
>>144998226
Settler lets you build buff stations and campfire to give health buffs, among other things.

Explorer lets you run fast and not break your legs.

Least taken is probably Soldier considering it's mostly fighting and that's it. Bailout is still a useful ability to carry if you're getting too fucked in a fight and can't run. Also, free full-heal.
>>
>>144998226
Each of them has a different gameplay path to it, and each has advantages; settlers can summon a mailbox or a Jeeves/Vendor, scientists can summon their group to their location (like Have Group, Will Travel back in the day,) and Soldier's can heal to full outside of combat every so often to eliminate downtime and can abort a raid to save repair bills.

Explorer doesn't really have anything worthwhile, but it's viewed by many as the most fun path.
>>
File: shit.png (36KB, 161x152px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
36KB, 161x152px
>>144997945

I need to start drawing again. Maybe I'll drawfag the thread now that it's back again.

>>144998226
If you're planning on raiding, in order of importance I would say Scientist, Settler, Soldier, and Explorer. Explorer does jack shit for raids, Soldier can cast bail out when you need to wipe, Settler can put down campfires and vendbots, and Scientists can summon people to their particular spot or open a gate to the main city.
>>
File: whyyy.jpg (12KB, 172x121px) Image search: [Google]
whyyy.jpg
12KB, 172x121px
>>144998458
>Explorer doesn't really have anything worthwhile, but it's viewed by many as the most fun path.
>tfw the useless fall damage reduction ability will never be replaced with a group out of combat runspeed buff
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-04-11 02.18.00.png (266KB, 327x565px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-04-11 02.18.00.png
266KB, 327x565px
POST CHUA
>>
>Paths still haven't been removed

Why did they think making people decide, at character creation, which fourth of the ancillary quests they wanted was a good idea?

Why not just let EVERYONE do that content instead?

Why do Path Abilities exist at all?
>>
>>144999546
>>
>>144999728
Paths originally were planned to be an alternate route of leveling; tired of questing? Go do your path stuff for a bit.

Then some people whined and we got the abomination we got today.
>>
File: stopped.jpg (469KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
stopped.jpg
469KB, 1024x768px
>>144999747
Well I was going to post my chua but I suddenly don't want to anymore.
>>
File: 1454533300.png (1MB, 780x960px) Image search: [Google]
1454533300.png
1MB, 780x960px
>>144999906

The outcome is the same every time. It's inevitable. Suffer along with me.
>>
>>144999898
Even given that possibility, why lock people into one specific path when they could, instead, leave them all available?
>>
File: 2123564798643.jpg (57KB, 183x219px) Image search: [Google]
2123564798643.jpg
57KB, 183x219px
>>144999898
>paths were going to be able to raise your character level
Holy fuck that would've been perfect, who in the goddamn world would complain about that?
>>
File: Dapper fapper.png (169KB, 455x298px) Image search: [Google]
Dapper fapper.png
169KB, 455x298px
>>144999906
Whats the matter, afraid of a little bazinga? :3
>>
File: 1420031746030.jpg (167KB, 480x512px) Image search: [Google]
1420031746030.jpg
167KB, 480x512px
>>145000085
>fraternizing with the enemy
I actually kinda like that Aurin design. Especially compared to what we have in-game.
>>
File: thehemwhichshallnotbenamed.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thehemwhichshallnotbenamed.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I guess I can bump the thread.

How are your plots coming along for this third release?
>>
File: mechari.png (935KB, 1000x738px) Image search: [Google]
mechari.png
935KB, 1000x738px
>>145000476

I wish Aurin actually looked like that too. Love the picture, really. But I ain't gonna say no to fanart, even if it is my character fraternizing with an Aurin.
>>
>>145000950
The black hole house comes in a $100 pack.

I'm not buying that. I don't want to literally throw my money into a black hole.
>>
>>145000950

I'm too scared to touch them again. When I saw how big the plots were expanded to, I was very overwhelmed.
>>
>Not even in the steam chart

fucking shame. Game issues aside it has some really pretty zones. I wish I could at least level through with a friend but none will play it with me.
>>
File: itspartytime.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
itspartytime.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>145001202
Don't be overwhelmed!

You can easily cut off portions of the plot with some nice big rocks if they are too big for you.

Or build a wall.
>>
>>145000950
Inside's coming along okay, the outside, not so much.
>>
>>144999906
>>
File: laugh.jpg (495KB, 1261x838px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
495KB, 1261x838px
>>144999546
>>
Part of me want to take my 50 and mentor down through normal mode dungeons. Problem is that a level 50 with raid gear will still slaughter normal mode, even when mentored.

What do
>>
File: niksonandijiocommissionretro.png (2MB, 1280x1862px) Image search: [Google]
niksonandijiocommissionretro.png
2MB, 1280x1862px
>>145002104

They could buy the pvp blues and rune them. The PvP blues are going to be weaker but with the right runes it should put them in a decent place. It's a quick fix.

Also, more Chua pics because why not.
>>
>tfw I was the top medic in my guild and now they overhauled all the stats and runes so I feel like a retard
It's harder to relearn than just learn
>>
File: whywhywhywhwyhwyhwyhwyhwyhwhy.png (651KB, 1340x428px) Image search: [Google]
whywhywhywhwyhwyhwyhwyhwyhwhy.png
651KB, 1340x428px
so are these plushies in the FUCKING game yet?
>>
>>145002929
But the Giggle-me-Gaffo (the right one) IS in the game.
>>
Is this game ded yet?

New classes when
>>
>>145003602
Game's not ded yet.

No new classes ever.
>>
Fuck it, I'll take the plunge.
>>
Is there any reason at all to do Crimson Badlands dailies in 2016?
>>
>>144996860
People who don't play the game made a big stink about unrealistic body types, Carbine shrank her tits, then a month later changed them back
>>
>>145003865
Mostly for fluff. Weapon skins and costumes, recipes, that sort of stuff. Though I think you can get an ability or AMP point from maxed rep.
>>
>>145001906
I want to love that picture so much, but the shape of the head just triggers me
>>
>>145003865
Gold, pets/cosmetics, the mind-numbing familiarity of daily tasks that replace normal human interaction
>>
>>145003865
Once to get from 49 to 50.
After that, >>145004156
>>
File: aurinsrs.jpg (78KB, 630x376px) Image search: [Google]
aurinsrs.jpg
78KB, 630x376px
>want to start a new character for steam launch
>remember Whitevale
>cancel download
>>
File: tumblr_nv91jfjKSF1qe7otko1_1280.png (326KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv91jfjKSF1qe7otko1_1280.png
326KB, 700x700px
>>
>>145005874
>remember Whitevale
>not remembering the zone directly after Whitevale
>it's the fuckin moon, man

You'll be missing out.
>>
>>145005874

>remember I have a 20+ to level
>Whitevale
>will have to wait a few days for that level range's pvp to start popping to supplement

Every MMO has a "that place," and Wildstar's is a doozy.
>>
>>145006065
I do love Farside. But the road to get there is so very tedious.
>>
File: what could have been.jpg (178KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
what could have been.jpg
178KB, 1296x864px
>>145006071
And there's no alternative either. It's Whitevale or scrape exp from PVP or go home.
>>
>>145006468
>49-54
>>
>>145006468
>Obsidian Wastes
>An entire zone
>It was turned into a room in the Datascape.

Wow. Never actually knew that.
>>
>they made ANOTHER new tutorial
is it good? I liked the original one and never understood why they gutted it
>>
>>144937850
> Only 1100 new players

Lets see the numbers in 2/3 days.
>>
>>145006468
>Dreadmoor
Wasn't the entrance found like 2 years ago and they said it was coming "soon"?
>>
>>144990487
Ria plz go. Stop crying that you managed to be voted out of a 4chan discord of all things.
>>
>>145007138
Ria's been suspended from 4chan, m8.

>>145006828
They said the same thing about the Halon Ring and shit.
>>
>female aurin are dominant in society and have large harems of both genders
why is this so hot
>>
File: tumblr_na4g39zYVJ1qzgbeuo2_1280.jpg (131KB, 800x1094px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na4g39zYVJ1qzgbeuo2_1280.jpg
131KB, 800x1094px
>>145007478
Because you're into femdom?
>>
>>145007478
Not only that, but they are physically larger than male Aurin too - Female Aurin are basically catgirl amazons.

Damn shame the playerbase is retarded and plays them like literal catboys/catgirls instead of how they need to be. See; the Night Elf error and situation for WoW's equivalent.
>>
File: Chepi_Glimmergale.160515.001729.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Chepi_Glimmergale.160515.001729.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>145007842
It pisses me off. I want confident, in-charge ladies putting boisluts in their place.
>>
>>145007842
Well, their voiceovers and constant hug jokes don't do them any favours.
>>
>>145008427
I think that's more of a tongue-in-cheek thing, like the rest of the game that isn't particularly super serious.

I feel like the game was at odds with itself. It tried to be super serious at times, and other times it was just comedy. It feels kinda jarring, all things considered.
>>
File: 1391999218790.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1391999218790.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
The Steam release will bring players in for like a month then they'll all leave just like f2p launch
>>
Who gets more pussy in this game: tanks or healers?
>>
>>145008427
I want a cute female Aurin to accidentally crush every bone in my body!!
>>
>>145009121
Will she be yummy to the bones?
>>
File: 1409790689086.jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1409790689086.jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
>>145009121
what is wrong with you my man
>>
>>145006065
>Remember Farside
>Start the download back up
>Remember EVERY SINGLE ZONE AFTER FARSIDE
>Clear Cache
>>
>>145008664
When you have a MLP voice actor talking about the horrors of intergalactic war, it's going to sound silly
>>
>>145007689
>There are people who aren't into femdom IN THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW

To think I must share this place with you heathens who don't even want your waifu to slap you on your ass.
>>
File: 1410485908550.png (180KB, 328x395px) Image search: [Google]
1410485908550.png
180KB, 328x395px
>>145009480
>I murdered billions for no reason! Take the lore seriously!
>>
File: .png (21KB, 91x107px) Image search: [Google]
.png
21KB, 91x107px
>>145007842
>catgirl amazons
If only everyone played them properly...
>>
>>145009692
>Write a faction that's literally just SKELETOR AND LEX LUTHOR'S WACKY LOVE VACATION
>I-It's got g-grey morality! S-See look how they only kill everyone most of the time!

Dominion should never have been playable and left as a purely villain faction, leading up to a Cassus raid.
>>
File: 1409802246986.jpg (13KB, 233x211px) Image search: [Google]
1409802246986.jpg
13KB, 233x211px
>>145009692
mfw they had to extend loremageddon by two weeks just to get more questions that weren't about aurin reproduction
>>
>>145009919
Nah, it's literally the same case as Garrosh - they intended it for grey morality on both sides, but fucked up ultra super hard.

The only game to ever get both sides right with grey morality was League of Legends' old lore.
>>
File: 140421044504.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
140421044504.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>do regular mode Skullcano to help out some newbies
>throw on my half-assed pvp gear to help the mentor system out with the power reduction
>so many missing mechanics I'm used to
>damage is insignificant
>nothing one-shots you
>didn't see more than 1 IA until the last boss
Holy fuck, I can't believe I used to find this shit hard as balls.
I guess I really did git gud at some point.
>>
>>145011016
I think they took out a ton of IA at some point
>>
>>145011016
They might have rebalanced them to be easier, but people who played during launch knew the real troubles.

We knew what attunement was. Silvers on all dungeons at the time was a nightmare.
>>
File: guurl.jpg (23KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
guurl.jpg
23KB, 640x400px
PSA - If you have a kind friend with the steam install already, you can skip downloading the entire game all over again to play through steam.
>>
Are the /vg/ circles active or just for show?
>>
>>145015310
If we're talking dropkix, ded
>>
>>145015310
They sure are active... enough. Pester the names next to the circle and you'll get an invite probably.
>>
if there's steam trading cards now, does that mean there's emotes too?
:chua:
>>
>>145015310
I can invite you to the Exile one.
>>
Gonna ask again before I make a guy:

1. Is there a good (pref melee) offense class with group/AE support features (buff heal allies with little to no targeting)?

2. Anything one should note before picking the path skill? Just pick what would interest you most?
>>
>>145017116
>s there a good (pref melee) offense class with group/AE support features (buff heal allies with little to no targeting)?

Medic
>>
>>145017116
>1
Warrior or Medic.

>2
Scientist is head and shoulders the most useful of them all, but pick whichever you really want.
>>
>>145016978
That'll work. Who do I talk to?
>>
>>145017116
>Is there a good (pref melee) offense class with group/AE support features (buff heal allies with little to no targeting)?
Powerlink Warrior
Prepare to do half the numbers of anyone else on the meter and be responsible for a fifth of the raid's entire damage output.
>>
>>145017802
This sounds pretty good. Is Powerlink the only support ability though? Any others I should look for?
>>
File: ass.png (161KB, 442x689px) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
161KB, 442x689px
>>145017116

1) Warrior. You're looking exactly for Warrior.

2) Yes, but unless you want to be credit to raid, see >>144998686
>>
>>145018394
Every class has at least one buff or debuff that's borderline indispensable.
I don't really play melee classes too much though so I only know about the most significant stuff.
>>
Getting Wildstar to work via steam without re-downloading: http://pastebin.com/UL1DkSAT

>>145017713
Whisper Yawny Skyfall or Chepi Glimmergale
>>
File: Jericho_Crow.160609.195349.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jericho_Crow.160609.195349.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'm online, if anybody wants an invite to Space Dandys.
>>
File: saving_nature_by_atryl-d7l3e0t.png (682KB, 975x1300px) Image search: [Google]
saving_nature_by_atryl-d7l3e0t.png
682KB, 975x1300px
>>145019034
This would have been nice to know 13 gigabytes ago, but thanks
>>
>>145009346
How is this game not more popular with tits like those?
>>
>>145020604
Idk man
>>
>>145019034
How do I actually talk in circle chat?
>>
>>145021952
/c1 or whatever circle number you want to talk in.
>>
>>145020604
By not letting players flaunt it enough
>>
File: theyCANNOTBECONTAINED.png (598KB, 574x996px) Image search: [Google]
theyCANNOTBECONTAINED.png
598KB, 574x996px
>>145023475
...about that.
>>
>>145024061
too concealing for waifufags
and too slutty for daughterfus
>>
File: little_mechari_by_neeri-d7kve0x.jpg (186KB, 512x700px) Image search: [Google]
little_mechari_by_neeri-d7kve0x.jpg
186KB, 512x700px
I have completely forgotten what I was doing since I last logged in
Something about the winter event, I guess
What do I do about my gear when I'm lvl 50?
I've got all these runes and vaguely remember someone telling me I need to go run the veteran dungeons or something like that
>>
>>145026347
Go to Arcterra and start doing the dailies to get soulfrost. Buy the ilvl 85 gear from the vendor with Soulfrost. Also, World Bosses and Contracts for ilvl 90 and ilvl 100 gear.
>>
>>145020604
Carbine. Just literally Carbine.
>>
File: Untitled.png (41KB, 1008x655px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
41KB, 1008x655px
>>145026678
That's what it was, ilvl gear
I never understood it honestly, one person told me to go buy this and another told me to buy that and they were arguing among themselves about pricing
I never really got a clear idea of what I needed to do
Like when I hit lvl 50 like, 8 months ago, I kind of stopped playing and focused on my housing, then stopped playing because it kept crashing when I was trying to build
Sorry for ranting
>>
>>145027078
They probably were arguing over whether to buy the PvP blue gear or gear up via dungeons. Both were viable at the time. Now you can hop to Arcterra, join a boss train and stock up on soulfrost.

Hope the game doesn't crash for you any more and you can play more!
Housing is my end game as well.
>>
>>145027308
If you don't mind me asking, what is soulfrost?
Everyone from Bad Draken has been offline for some time now and everything feels abandoned...
>>
>>145027494
It's a currency in Arcterra.
>>
Who's feelin the pain in Datascape pairs this week?

I didn't want to live anyway.
>>
File: Untitled.png (127KB, 316x332px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
127KB, 316x332px
>>145027494
Do you want an invite to DROPKIX on Dominion side?

Also, soulfrost is the Arcterra currency you use to buy gear, decor, dyes, pets, and so on. You don't need Arcterra rep to buy the gear. Arcterra is the new ice zone which is sort of a new daily hub mixed with an endless boss train.

In Arcterra in the event tab? There's a bar that fills up as people kill various bosses until the bar is complete and a 20 man boss spawns. You get weapons, pets, runes, decor, a mount, and each boss has a gadget they can drop. Plus, all bosses drop soulfrost.

There's also a random event blizzard where NPCs are killed to make a key and unlock Bor Milug that has 5-man bosses and a 20 man boss inside for MORE loot.

Heads up that anyone can pop into the /w*g/ Steam group chat to request a circle invite for either faction.
>>
Oh hey, this game is back.
How's the population look for Launch #3?
>>
did they offload the game onto steam servers or something? it's actually running well
>>
>71% of achievements unlocked instantly
That's neat
>>
>>145030028
Really mediocre achievements honestly.
>>
>>145031097
tfw you'll never complete Y-83
>>
Why are we making circles and not guilds?
>>
>>145032072
Because sometimes, there are guilds that are better than the 4chan ones. Also, this lets everyone on the board (in one faction) keep in touch as we do whatever the fuck.
>>
>>145032072
circles are just for chatting, this way we can talk with /vg/ and join actually good guilds
>>
>>145032072
Because you can be in more than one circle and every 4chan guild has been utter shit.
>>
>>145032268
...just a chat? No scary guild obligations or voice comms? Maybe I will join...
>>
The raids and dungeons are fantastic in this game. I just wish there were more of them or at least people queuing up/forming parties.
>>
>>145033150
I remember wiping on Stormtalon for hours and improving a bit each time and actually having fun. Never did make it to raiding but maybe I can now
>>
does anybody run GA anymore? that's the attunement step I was on like 14 months ago
>>
>>145033730
People do pug runs of it. Keep your eyes in the main city for potential loot and key attunements.
>>
>>145033784
is there a required ilvl or achievement or is it easy enough now that anyone can go?
>>
>>145033876
It's not required, but it's recommended to have ilvl 90+. Run through Arcterra or vet dungeons for a bit to get those gear upgrades.
>>
>>144937850
is the game ded yet?
>>
>>145033610
Should try joining a progression guild!

>>145033876
People will usually bring shitters to soak up gear. Especially if you offer to bring buffs.
>>
>>145034007
Well I just logged off so Dominion pop just fell by 20%
>>
>>145033610
>tfw you realize you're supposed to run sideways
we downed it the next attempt
>>
>>145034509
Bahamut is way stronger
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 687x341px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 687x341px
As a DPS medic am I supposed to use the square lasers or the 3 pewpew lasers? When I played the best choice changed like every other week. Surely there's a clearly superior one now.
>>
>>145034803
it's situational numbnuts, GR for 1 enemy and quantum for multiple
>>
>>145034556
Fugg wrong thread
>>
>>145034509
MoP was 99% new shit, and the new book says Void Lords are the big bad guys now. They're never running out of story.
>>
>>145034803
They still don't know how to balance classes so don't bother learning rotations or runes or anything
>>
Yo how do I get into the guild system in this game and ask for a 4chen invite? :OP
>>
>>145035323
You mean circle? What faction are you playing and what's your character's name?
>>
>>145035447
I'm installing this game. Is there someone specific I should whisper for each side of the NA server factions?
>>
>>145035756
I can invite you on both sides, just post here with names
>>
>>145035756
Yep, names are listed in the OP
>>
>>145035865
Thanks
>>145035997
Wow I'm blind
>>
Who here leveled a fuckton of character during the double xp with the Arcterra fountain exploit?

It was a month or two ago (not the last one that just passed) and I level 6 guys to max in 2 days since I already leveled 2 guys prior the normal way.
>>
>>145036376
I have one of every class to 50, and almost every class to 50 on both factions because of that event.
>>
>>145036376
No because I'm a pussy and didn't want to be banned
I already had a dozen 50s anyway
>>
>Getting back into it
>25 Engi, 11 Esper
>Or one of my like 4 level 3s
Fuck, I can't decide.
>>
>>145036698
You can never have too much Aurin.
>>
>Datascape
>Miraculous Gloomclaw kill
>last day is entirely devoted to BAD PAIRS

I didn't want to live anyway.
>>
>Like Tanking, Healing, and DPS
>Really unsure of what to play
Fuck.
>>
>>145038150
Just keep making classes until something sticks. Making omnibits for more slots isn't too bad.
>>
Is this game still unoptimized for AMD?

All the info about this game is years old.
>>
>>145038441
Just make sure you play for a while instead of dropping it at 10. The game changes a bit when you unlock your T5 abilities.
>>
>tfw a BG pops

I don't have enough images of that guy rubbing his cheeks to accurately show how pleasurable it feels.
>>
Maybe it's just me but are half of all the noobs warriors? All I see are seas of greatswords.
>>
>>145041784
Well, Warrior's a straightforward class. It's swing sword and get kills.

Doesn't seem too surprising to me.
>>
File: Thrift.140316.010625.png (774KB, 761x801px) Image search: [Google]
Thrift.140316.010625.png
774KB, 761x801px
BGs are popping!
>>
>>145043914
That gun-gerbil does not look excited in the slightest.
>>
File: Thrift.140316.010416.png (247KB, 449x395px) Image search: [Google]
Thrift.140316.010416.png
247KB, 449x395px
>>145044187
FUCK YOU BUDDY
>>
File: 1463465468626.jpg (51KB, 562x730px) Image search: [Google]
1463465468626.jpg
51KB, 562x730px
Game is dead as fuck, NCsoft trying to squeeze a few more bucks before they shut down this failure of a title.
>>
>>144984121
rip spookman
rip not having to pay real money to unlock gear slots
>>
Anything to do while leveling besides questing? Like, are there dungeons to do or something?
>>
>>145044715
Expeditions, Adventures, Dungeons, and PvP are alternative means to level beyond quests.
>>
>>145024610
>and too slutty for daughterfus
you and i must have been in different gw2gs
>>
>>145034803
Either are options right now, but square lasers are More Fun. You have to t8 it, though.
>>
>>145019034
What's the point when none of ya damn friends play the game. Throw one in a mega for shittssakes.
>>
>>145044469
>uninstall tera
>look for a comfy mmorpg
>mainly to play while listening to podcasts
>look at every general
>all say dead game

Runescape 3 is literally in the lead at this point.

Will this game really be shut down like City of Heroes?
>>
File: Capture.png (37KB, 1146x125px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
37KB, 1146x125px
>>145045682
Joys fucking unbounded
>>
>>145019034
I feel as though it would be easier to just uninstall and reinstall. Gotta get your addons again, but it seems like less of a hassle.
>>
>>145049212
I didn't have to do anything with my add-ons.
>>
File: Daily Dose.jpg (424KB, 832x999px) Image search: [Google]
Daily Dose.jpg
424KB, 832x999px
This game is shit :^)
>>
>>145019034

that pastebin didn't work for me at all

and i couldnt do the file from friends 2nd half of the pastebin so i guess im skipping replaying this game on steam.
>>
damn this thing went f2p? had no idea. how do i not get scammed? got an mmo itch and willing to spend a reasonable amoutn of money
>>
>>145038045
I believe in you guys. What guild?
>>
>>145051372
Been F2P for 8 months
>>
One of these days I'll find a consistent group for HM.
>>
>>145051372
A number of reviews have called Wildstar the "most fair" F2P MMO ever. Free players can access everything in the game and are practically not handicapped at all. A subscription only gives you extra conveniences, and most cash shop things can be purchased with in-game currency. You're only scamming yourself if you want housing cosmetics or boosters or some shit.

At least, that's what they're saying.
>>
>>145038150
Leveling is quick. You can have a 50 of each class in no time.
>>
>>145052218
If you've seen Mirage before, we're pretty alright dudes. Just learning up and ramming our heads against pairs until we can finally see Avatus. Hopefully next week, it won't queue up this same roster.
>>
>>145053531
Oh yeah. Progression is fun! You have some good players that I've seen in random GA's and dungeons. Sure you can manage the pairs. Fire/Water or whatever it is this week is a total cunt though,
>>
>>145052734
It's true, yeah. Subbing is better since a few changes went it but it's absolutely not anything you need. Neither is anything in the cash shop. I'd say the worst offender would be service tokens since it's so much cheaper to use them than gold for rerolling rune slots, but it's not like gold's in short supply.
>>
tfw no one plays archage on steam
>>
When does the Space Chase event start?
>>
>>145057907
Today at today AM. I'd probably go to sleep and then wake up and the event will be started.
>>
File: 1448271964092.gif (2MB, 417x646px) Image search: [Google]
1448271964092.gif
2MB, 417x646px
>PvP Servers are gone
>'Hey guys we're adding all this dumb shit to save PvP!'

But will it?

That feel when world pvp is killed by babby catering in todays MMO age.
>>
>>145056545
Probably because it's region locked for most countries
>>
>>145056545
I went back to archeage recently, saw the price of apex, did some math regarding gold per lp, and fucked off.
>>
>>145058463
People not wanting to do World PvP killed World PvP, faggot.
>>
File: 1463675639638.gif (692KB, 388x470px) Image search: [Google]
1463675639638.gif
692KB, 388x470px
>>145062086

>People not wanting to do
world PvP
>Faction-Based MMO

This kills the genre.
>>
>>145062467
>People not wanting to do things that aren't fun kills the genre
Hard locked, WoW-style factions are cancer, anyone who likes or defends them is cancer.
>>
>>145062620
gear-based pvp is cancer
>>
File: 1453779099782.jpg (201KB, 764x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453779099782.jpg
201KB, 764x720px
>>145062620

I don't like things others enjoy, remove it.
>>
>>145063386
Yeah, man, so many people enjoy it that the the server specifically to support it got removed entirely!
>>
>>145063802

Yet they're desperately trying to find a solution while still spouting that the game was made with PvP in mind.

All these opinionated little shits ruining every MMO that has come out so far with their carebear crap, kek
>>
>>145064152
>>145064152
>All these opinionated little shits ruining every MMO that has come out so far

Hey remember all those PvP focused MMOs that have come out in the past 10 years?

Of course you don't. No one played them and they died silent deaths.

PvP is, has been, and always will be a minigame, at best, for MMOs, and every MMO that has tried to change that is either dying or already in the ground. Sorry the thing you like simply isn't a viable investment of time, maybe you could try a PvP focused game like DOTA2 or LoL, friend, you'll fit right in with your memes.
>>
File: lolwhat.png (48KB, 449x302px) Image search: [Google]
lolwhat.png
48KB, 449x302px
>>145064451

>Hey remember all those PvP focused MMOs that have come out in the past 10 years?

Of course you don't. No one played them and they died silent deaths.

>Playing Wildstar
>>
>>145064831
Just think, Anon, Wildstar is doing better than all of them right now.

Wildstar is doing better than EVE on steam right now, too. Funny that.
>>
>>145065247

'Wildstar developer lays off 60, further cuts at NCSoft'
>>
does the fat warrior guy still work at carbine or did he get laid off
>>
>>145070380
merkal? he's gone
>>
File: mock_dragons_crown.png (598KB, 673x680px) Image search: [Google]
mock_dragons_crown.png
598KB, 673x680px
Game is full of weebs it's amazing
>>
This game pisses me off because it's sci-fi, but not sci-fi enough
>currency is gold and silver, not credits
>you walk everywhere and new continents are "discovered" even though there are ships orbiting the planet that can see everything
>NO SPACE BATTLES
It just feels like the setting is wasted
>>
>>145072795
It is. So is the housing system. All wasted on an NCsoft game that could shut down any time.
>>
>>145072795
Wildstar is one of the modern poster childs of sci-fi fantasy, isn't it?
>>
I'm wondering what other features they will add to 'encourage' people to flag for pvp.
>>
What class gets a summon and/or deployables?
>>
>>145074029
Engineer and I think Esper. Stalker also gets a clone/decoy thing they can pop out every now and then.
>>
>>145073256
would NCsoft shut down a game that's still profitable?
>>
>>145075264
If it isn't Lineage, it has a chance to get shut down
>>
>>145075264
I guess that depends on what they consider profitable. Wasn't there some image floating around showing Wildstar earning an order of magnitude less than any of their other games?
>>
File: COHgamebox.jpg (97KB, 321x473px) Image search: [Google]
COHgamebox.jpg
97KB, 321x473px
>>145075264
>He doesn't know

NCsoft is almost as bad as EA, culling games to "make room" for new games.

Wildstar has about as long as it takes for NCsoft to secure a new release before they smother it.
>>
File: Vomit Chan tries delicious Drug.jpg (76KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
Vomit Chan tries delicious Drug.jpg
76KB, 800x680px
>>145072795
>Set the whole game on Nexus
>Didn't just make Nexus a post-50 zone and all other zones different Planets

They had to go out of their way and do way more work to actively make the game worse.
>>
>>145076895
years later and I'm still mad
>>
>>145078443
I never even played it and I'm mad, man.

Mostly because years later I started wanting to play a Superhero MMO and found that my only options were DCUO and Champions. Jesus Christ, I'd rather start a Superhero/Supervillain set of guilds in Wildstar.
Actually I might do that.
>>
>>145076895
>>145078443
Bonus insult to injury: Wildstar is running on CoH's old servers.
It's the MMO equivalent of building a house on an Indian burial ground.
>>
>>145078962
>Bonus insult to injury: Wildstar is running on CoH's old servers.

Oh god, really? If you can give me a source on that I can start believing that Wildstar's death is the result of angry, catsuit wearing ghosts.
>>
File: oVX4zP2[1].jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oVX4zP2[1].jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
How can you even play properly if you can make your character so THICK?

Hold be brehs
>>
Probably being a dime a dozen here, but this game looked like it had the potential for a fuck ton of personality. Why does it seem they fucked that up?
>>
>>145082607
Horrible mismanagement, lack of interesting casual content, what other games treat as casual content being treated as core content, bad marketing, lack of build diversity, and terrible, TERRIBLE production management during development that led to them not finishing most of the race/class animations, unfinished dungeons that are still in the files, at least 6 known full zones that are terrained up but not populated by mob or quest, and some of the worst balance you can find in video games.

Cross your fingers, hope the Steam launch goes well and harpoons some whales to give them the funding they need to fix the problems.
>>
>>145083027
Yeah, sadly I won't be touching it until I hear otherwise so assume I am not the only one still skeptical.
>>
>>145083027
Or just let it die
>>
>>145083151
I don't blame you at all. The people in charge seem to really understand the problems and want to fix them, but it might just not be enough at the 11th hour.
>>
I have downloaded the game through steam. I click play, I see a tiny window with a little bar that makes no progress and my PC then freezes up and bluescreens.
This happens when I try to download the game though the official website as well.
I have actually played this game before on this same PC.

I have tried disabling firewall and running as admin.
>>
I wonder how popular that $100 item pack on steam is
>>
>>145084791
mine does the same little window then opens the launcher
are you on Windows 10 or something? Does Wildstar even work on that?
>>
>>145085519
>>
who /ilvl122/ here?
>>
File: 1464974139976.png (295KB, 576x699px) Image search: [Google]
1464974139976.png
295KB, 576x699px
What's generally the more useful/fun class?

Engineer or Warrior?
>>
>>145077147
>>145072795
Yeah. I think the game would've been more enjoyable if it was both factions racing towards the Nexus with the Nexus being the carrot on the stick for story purposes.
>>
>>145086748
There's less engies than warriors around.
But warriors bring more buff / have more utility and in general are more "fun" to play (lot of kicks, great mobility, etc).
>>
>>145083027
Those devconnect threads on the forums are probably the first real steps I've seen towards fixing that misguided direction development was headed.
Every single one of them has led to some good decisions being made finally.
>>
File: DominionDanceParty.webm (666KB, 1238x770px) Image search: [Google]
DominionDanceParty.webm
666KB, 1238x770px
Awake and up for inviting anyone who needs it to either Space Dandys or DROPKIX, just post here or in the steam chat group.

It's Space Chase time, bitches.
>>
>>145088420
>running both circles
but what about muh faction pride
>>
>>145088953
Factions are dumb and shouldn't have existed in the first place. Aren't they removing the faction barrier soon?
>>
>>145089257
Last time I read anything about it, it was just for content finder, so no mixed factions guilds etc
>>
>>145089257
for LFG stuff. depending on the community reaction, they'll roll it out for other content, with teh caveat that NPCs will still react based on faction.
>>
>>145088953
I'm not running both, I simply can invite for both.
>>145089257
They're removing the faction barrier for chat channels and the Content Finder.
>>
>>144988645
>the private server of wow i'm playing on has more people playing
wew lad
>>
>>145092185
>steam is the only place where I can download and play this game
>>
File: dedgame.png (48KB, 962x165px) Image search: [Google]
dedgame.png
48KB, 962x165px
>>145092185
wew lad
>>
>>145093369
>tree of korean grinding has an all-time peak of almost 50k
Why do people like mindless grinding?
>>
>>145093506
Because everybody is spouting shit about this game "IT'S A DEAD GAME BRO" so nobody wants to play it...
>>
>>145093369
that's actually a considerable amount now that there's only one server
>>
>>145094649
Nigga that has nothing to do with people's shit taste in entertainment.
>>
>>145094851
yes it does, almost none of my friends want to actually play wildstar because they are scared that it's gonna get closed
>>
>>145095043
that's why i'm afraid to play it
finding groups for raids/dungeons etc too

i'm pretty sure wildstar won't close just because ncsoft can keep it open from the money they are making from bns, lineage and aion
>>
What's the funnest path to do?

I was thinking Soldier cause it seems so straight forward, but the other ones seem more fufilling in a "actually exploring the world" sort of sense.
>>
>>145095043
Tell them to break the catch 22 and just fucking play it then.
It's crazy to me how many people say they want to play it, but are afraid of that exact thing even though it's been months and them starting will actively help avoid what they're so worried about.
>>
>>145095557
The whole point is that it goes off what you find fun. We don't know what you like.
Combat? Soldier.
Lore? Scientist.
Being useless? Settler.
Exploring? Why don't you take a guess?
>>
Hey nerdbois, how dead is this game?

Just saw it pop up on steam, got me curious.

Is the PvE any good? I used to be an avid raider in WoW, never really cared much about PvP though.

What class would you recommend?
I used to play Warlock / Mage / Priest in WoW, what would be the equivalent in Wildstar?
>>
>>145095828
>Being useless
>Settler

You fuckin kidding about that? Have you ever used a movement speed buff station from one of those guys? That makes things SO MUCH EASIER to just do things. Combine it with the random Discoveries you find and you'll breeze through a good chunk of a zone.

Explorers are the "useless" ones, but fun is fun. That's why I chose Explorer.
>>
>>145095925
good pve
influx of players since steam launch
esper
>>
>>145095043
It's free. What exactly do they have to lose?

>>145095557
Explorer is my favorite because speed boosts, jump puzzles, and jetpack.

>>145095925
It's alive currently. Pop in and give it a try.

The PvE is amazing from casual expeditions, to adventures, to challenging dungeons and raids.

An Esper or Spellsinger should be right up your alley then. They're both ranged DPS/Healers.
>>
File: too dumb.png (108KB, 528x196px) Image search: [Google]
too dumb.png
108KB, 528x196px
>>145095557
Depends on what you like doing.
Soldier is mostly just killing shit, and sometimes using item to kill shit in special ways.
Settlers basically just pick shit up off the ground and make buffs out of it. The buffs are pretty damn powerful though, so it can be worth it to some people.
Scientist has to hit G a lot to scan shit. It's usually corpses of shit you were gonna kill anyway or fauna that's scattered around where you'd be anyway and scanning shit sometimes gives you weak buffs. They also do puzzles occasionally to open doors into secret areas with extra lore inside so they can be pretty neat if you like the backstory of the setting (which is honestly a lot stronger than the main leveling story in my opinion)
Explorers do lots of platforming and map exploring. You'll be running to parts of the map you'd never visit and seeing shit you wouldn't have seen otherwise. It's probably the most obtrusive path to your normal leveling, but many people find it to be the most fun regardless.
While every path gets at least one ability that is useful in helping make raids run smoother, Explorers are the exception in that they're actually completely useless in a group setting.
>>
>>145082106
Gradonk are better
>>
>>145098039
Too bad their animations are trash
>>
>>145094649
But that's every general. I just uninstalled Tera (BiS grind is no longer fun) and I am looking for a comfy mmo to play while listening to audiobooks.

Runescape 3 is legitimately in the lead right now, in terms of not dead game and staying power.
>>
>/w*g/ is back

i give it a week before it tears itself apart with avatarfaggotry and other assorted nonsense
>>
>>145100936
Didn't you see it earlier? They already did tear it apart. Fuckin' both sides are cancers that need to be excised. I mean, shit, one side's already mass-reporting the other. Or was.

Sly One's a bitch though and I'm surprised she hasn't killed herself, and Chai's an avatarfag of the most cancerous degree.
>>
>>145100936

Other assorted nonsense? You missed quite a bunch and I hope that's the last of it.

I'm just playing the game while two events are going on and I want to keep it that way. Staying in the background, as usual.
>>
>>144937850
Did they change anything for the Steam release or is there still a ton of stuff locked behind NCoin/Cosmic Points/Signature?
My main problems were the 2 character slot limit and the not being able create a bank guild.
>>
>>145102873
As far as "a ton of stuff", the big ones include not being able to create or invite into circles/guilds/arena teams. Other than that, the rest of the package is pretty much free.

But yeah, nothing really changed. CREDD's at 20-ish plat right now, though. Take a little bit to grind that out and you'll be just fine.
>>
File: zekedies.png (7KB, 281x65px) Image search: [Google]
zekedies.png
7KB, 281x65px
>>145101787

I just want to down Avatus before Red Moon Terror comes out.

And maybe build more housing skyplots for more roleplaying.
>>
Everyone here are amerifags? No wonder there's all the drama.
>>
I hate trying to get back into MMOs because shit has changed and I have no idea what the fuck to do with my max level characters and I don't want to level a new character so just fuck it.
>>
>>145103408
Arcterra full lv85 gear > Dungeons > Raids
>>
>>145103576
My Stalker is already geared and attuned for the first raid. Really what confuses me is the fucking rune system.
>>
>>145103041
Yeah, I too feel the same. Dunno if my interest in this game will last that long though.
>>
>>145103727
Yeah same here. Best I can figure out is the standard non set runes are an okayish starting point, but what you really want are set runes and Fusion runes in every slot forever.

Basically, salvage everything that isn't an upgrade so you can use the elemental bits to craft the highest level set runes and fusion runes that you can for your class. There's probably guides on which ones to minmax for.
>>
>>145104050
>>145103727
Runesets only come from one piece of gear (think of WoW socket bonuses from back in the day of TBC and shit,) you want fusion runes in head/chest/hand/weapon slots, and a specific rune-set depending on which role/class you are. They do have a minimum ilevel so you can't just slap Divines in Arcterra gear.
>>
File: stalker runes.jpg (132KB, 660x360px) Image search: [Google]
stalker runes.jpg
132KB, 660x360px
>>145103727
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16sYaGZp0UQw7l5eXhLSslCkxrGBtGAkbTWOIbfQ_AI4/edit#gid=1099408296

Basically you just put your class sets into your shoulders and pants, devastation sets go into everything else focusing on crit severity after hitting other important stat caps mentioned in this image.
It's not the simplest thing in the world, but it's not complex by any means.
>>
>>145104508
>tfw I thought it counted all runes across gear and wasted all my plat on shitty runes
jdimsa
>>
File: average aurin.jpg (111KB, 991x1078px) Image search: [Google]
average aurin.jpg
111KB, 991x1078px
>>
I'm a level 9 catgirl gunslinger, when can I start raiding?
>>
>>145105391
games dead, dont even bother, uninstall and come play TESO, the best MMO out there
>>
>>145106160
that costs money and if it sucks I'd be out money.
>>
>>145105391
When you hit 50 and convince a nice boy to carry you
>>
>>145105391
i'm 80% sure someone in my raid group has a circle named raid my pants, so
maybe start with that? it's pretty entry level
>>
Well, im just impressed to see /vg/ talking about and accepting this game. It was some kind of taboo to talk about him. Anyway, leave your positive reviews on Steam, guys.

Btw, you guys planning on raiding?
>>
>>145107004
I'm sure a good amount of us are raiding, but not with eachother in this board. Some guilds are just better.

However, I know there are pug GA runs every now and again, so we might run into eachother if we choose to do those.
>>
>>145107004
>positive reviews
Don't worry, the people literally exploiting the system and being the reason why no one can take steam reviews (and greenlight) seriously are doing it for me.

I hope Valve revokes reviewing privileges from those faggots, this game deserves a better death, people forcing its corpse to shamble forward so they can maintain their ERP partnerships disgust me.
>>
File: 54894131654.jpg (139KB, 745x546px) Image search: [Google]
54894131654.jpg
139KB, 745x546px
>>145106160
>TESO
>good
It's better than GW2 at least.
>>
>lowbie dungeons still not popping
>implies that the new player population is negligible at best and the steam pop is just returning players

So much for that, see you guys in the next game.
>>
>get a tutorial about star-comm station after dying in arcterra
???
>>
>>145110089
maybe for amerifags...
>>
Wildstar is ranking 96th for top current players. For it's second day on steam, that feels pretty good.
>>
>>145110248
You know, that's actually not too bad. Honestly, I expected worse.
>>
>>145110248
Playing 96th fiddle to the likes of Farm Simulator and more than a handful of Clicker games is not a good place for a game to be

Come on, there's no reason to be Battleborn about this.
>>
Sitting in the first dungeon with one of you fucks and the guy is afk. thanks /vg/
>>
>>145110613
For a game that released on Steam with no advertising with the majority of the community most likely not bothering with Steam, that feels pretty good.
>>
>>145110758
I just said to not be Battleborn about this, and there you go with "b-but more people are playing off steam!", follow directions Anon.
>>
>>145110918
Please kindly kill yourself
>>
is it just me or are half the public events in arcterra broken? it says there's a rare boss on the map but nothing is there when i show up
>>
>>145111418
Arcterra is irrevocably busted in every possible way, yes.
>>
>>145111418
Yeah. The UI straight-up lies to you and has for two years.
>>
>>145111418
You actually haven't seen the worst part. Back when it was first launched, people lower than level 48 could get in and farm up EXP by just standing at one particular event. In short, powerleveling.

It was fixed, but there are still a couple of things broken.
>>
File: 1463254774806.png (136KB, 348x288px) Image search: [Google]
1463254774806.png
136KB, 348x288px
Last time I played this was about 6-8 months ago, has anything of significance changed since then?
>>
>>145112641
not a thing
>>
>>145112641
90% of the devs got fired
>>
>>145112641
Arcterra patch
>>
>>144948948
>While the combat system is good/okay, it is not as good as Tera. I would rank it above Blade and Soul
I find the BnS combat far more engaging, I wish the game didn't have awful server lag though.
>>
>>145112641
Most of the staff is gone, the game still has a lot of the same bugs, attunement might as well not be in the game anymore, and every class does twice the DPS which has trivialized all the content.
>>
File: 1409531046829.png (84KB, 1391x460px) Image search: [Google]
1409531046829.png
84KB, 1391x460px
>>
>>144940313
>Steam release

No fuck you I'm done with this ded gam.

>new race/class combos

WAIT FUCK CAN I BE A WARRIOR CATGIRL NOW

just kidding, I really want to be a medic catgirl
>>
>>145115026
i'm pretty sure this was posted two years ago
>>
File: 1409732048960.jpg (101KB, 1756x623px) Image search: [Google]
1409732048960.jpg
101KB, 1756x623px
>>145115416
I haven't read the forums in two years so you're right
>>
File: thingken of trees.jpg (164KB, 567x513px) Image search: [Google]
thingken of trees.jpg
164KB, 567x513px
>>
>>145115326
>WAIT FUCK CAN I BE A WARRIOR CATGIRL NOW

No, you can be an Engineer Aurin or a Chua Warrior because both of those are more or less already done, but they had to finish one or two animations.
>>
>>145115026
>Two murdered prostitutes
>rape scene
They clearly all got drunk and had sex, how hard is this shit to interpret?
>>
>>145115762
I want an aurin to dominate me so fucking bad
>>
>>145115780
Weak. Might as well keep playing my esper, assuming I can bring her up through Steam.
>>
>>145116237
>tfw no aurinfu to top your bp
>>
File: aurin_ws.png (254KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
aurin_ws.png
254KB, 500x332px
>>145116237
We all do.
>>
So I've never played this when it was popular. What would be the most similar game in terms of content? Is it based entirely around quests or is there some freeform grind?
>>
>>145116771
where's that writefaggotry about an aurin matriarch
>>
>>145117147
WoW, circa TBC.
>>
>>145117147
>So I've never played this when it was popular.
Nobody has
>>
>>145117147
>popular
>>
>>145117263
>>145117518
As in flavor of the month
>>145117263
Is it railroaded or is there some choice what quests and zones to go to?
>>
File: 1463943018956.jpg (23KB, 152x173px) Image search: [Google]
1463943018956.jpg
23KB, 152x173px
>>145113075
>>145113164
>>145114938
How does this game still exist?
>>
>>145117696
It was never flavor of the month, Anon.
>>
>Archeage manages to have more content than this game
>>
>>145117696
Railroaded. There's literally only one leveling path once you hit 20 or so.
>>
>>145116771
I've got two Aurin who could do that :^)
>>
>>145117806
Welp, back to P1999 for me then.
>>
>>145117821
Don't tease me, Anon.
or do
>>
>>145115780
AURIN AREN'T CATS.
>>
How does gunslinger healing work?
>>
>>145118934
Aurin have cat ear options, friend.
>>
>>145119045
Lots of absorb shields and preventative healing. Solid group and single target options.

Honestly more fun and more effective than Esper.
>>
>>145119050
Dogs can have loppy ears. So do rabbits.
Therefore Rabbits are dogs according to you.

Hell most Aurin have never seen a cat and cat's aren't indigenous to their homeworld
>>
>>145118934
Then why do they purr when I scratch them?
>>
File: aurin cat ears.png (62KB, 168x187px) Image search: [Google]
aurin cat ears.png
62KB, 168x187px
>>145119351
Anon, contain your autism
>>
>>145119045
Basically like dps, but you're aiming at your friends
>>
>>145118307
I can only tease you if you happen to have a thing for bird names. Winky face.
>>
>>145119609
Nice Sonic
>>
>>145120230
>You
>Topping
You're not fooling anyone
>>
>>145096775
Completely baller in climbing all the things the you can't*
>>
>>144940313
Is there an ETa on that?
Wanna roll an engineer/medic but Drakes can't be either...
>>
>>145121526
Welcome to my hell since this fucking game came out

>"Gosh, I really like Medic, Engineer, and when I'm drunk, Esper and Draken give me a boner so I hope they can-"
Nope
>"Oh they added new race class combinations? Maybe now one of those classes-"
>Most popular races get even more classes they can play as
God fucking damnit
>>
File: CkoGdJxVAAA8h0W.jpg (111KB, 1200x663px) Image search: [Google]
CkoGdJxVAAA8h0W.jpg
111KB, 1200x663px
WE DID IT
>>
>>145121867
Pretty much. Those classes seem the least vanilla compared to the other four, but I'm hooked on dat Draken booty & superior animations.
The other races just can't compare
>>
>>145121867
>upset because you don't like the popular races
Maybe you should stop being a hipster anon. :^)
Holy fuck 4chan, finally.
>>
>>145123743
I don't give a shit if someone wants to be an Aurin or Chihuahua

But the idea that the first races that need to get new class combinations are the most popular ones is a bit backward

I understand WHY but I get the feeling everyone who wanted to make a Chua or Aurin already made one a while ago
>>
>>145124046
Yeah, they should have totally wasted time on animations for Granok Esper so people can continue to not play Granok.
>>
>>145124046
>community was asked what race/class combos they wanted
>Carbine announces they'll release the two most popular picks first
>"THE IDEA IS BACKWARDS, CARBINE WHAT ARE YOU DOING???"
okay.jpg
>>
>>145124628
I wasn't aware there was a poll
>>
>>145124046
>the first races that need to get new class combinations are the most popular ones is a bit backward
Why the hell would they release class options for races that as few people as possible would give a shit about?
They'll come eventually sure, but why not make as many people happy as possible the first time?
>>
>>145124781

They are always questions to the players on the forums under the title of DevConnect.
>>
>>145124781
Basically, yes. Carbine does DevConnects where they ask the community for their opinions on the forums. They picked the most popular Exile and Dominion choices as their first new race/class combos.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/150988-devconnect-raceclass-combos/?hl=devconnect
>>
>>145117518
>a perfectly normal girl who does not have a penis
>>
>>145123743
Friendly reminder that Aurin are shit
>>
Hey guys, I only see one server when I log in.

Is this a glitch?
>>
>>145124921
I dunno, I guess my backward thinking came at a point where I saw that the Exiles were literally half Aurin

I guess it's a good thing it's not my job to make sure people are happy
>>
>>145125165
No, there is only one megaserver per region. Entity for NA and Jabbit for EU.

>>145125161
Lookit this pleb tier taste
>>
>>145125161
>He doesn't want a cute bf to sit on his lap while you play with the fluffy tail and scratch their fuzzy ears

What the FUCK is wrong with you?
>>
>>145125584
He's obviously a faggot, senpai
>>
>>145125161
Can't agree more. Why would anyone play a humanoid rodent? Aurin are not cats you fucking idiots. If you think they are cats you've never seen one
>>
>>145124572
Fun fact, I defaulted to Granok after Draken couldn't be the class I wanted
>>
>>145126171
Marsupials aren't rodents. You're thinking of Chua which are actual rats.
>>
>>145126526
You might be right, but they are not cats like everyone here says they are. Silly how ignorant people can be.
>>
File: hfzO.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hfzO.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>145126961
>comparing a fictional race to real life animals
>>
>>145126514
Understandable, Granok is the only decent Exile race.
>>
>>145126961
No, that's the actual lore. Aurin evolved from marsupials.

"Aurins are mammalian, but unlike humans they evolved from Arborian marsupials instead of primates and have retained many traits of their tree dwelling ancestors (ie. their ears, claws, prehensile tail and reproductive cycle). "
>>
>>145127241
I knew there was something wrong with these "cat" erp faggots here and im glad it got confirmed.
>>145127137
Get rekt.
>>
File: kangaroo_rat_color_dia150.jpg (149KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
kangaroo_rat_color_dia150.jpg
149KB, 1650x1275px
>>145126526
>Marsupials aren't rodents.

Not to rain on everyone's parade here, but the only consistent animal traits the Aurin share are their tails.

Which are based on that of a Kangaroo Rat.
>>
>>145127241
>races came about through the same process of evolution as humans but with a different starting creature
Am I missing something or is this painfully underused in fiction?
It sounds so fucking obvious but I don't think I've ever seen this used to explain how alien races look or why they have a bunch of arms or legs sticking out of their face or some shit.
Maybe I just don't read enough books.
>>
Agathon / Mulder here.
You guys were my favorite 4chan MMO crew if any of you are still alive in the void.
>>
>>145127872
Literally every scifi setting with humanoid aliens uses the excuse of "Humanoid (or close-Humanoid) is just the best evolutionary endpoint"

Literally all of them
>>
>>145127872
One path of thought is that humans evolved the way we did because it was the most beneficial for using tools and shit. Having the grasper-manipulator hands with disposable thumbs and stuff like that.
>>
File: super-mario-brothers.jpg (402KB, 600x852px) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-brothers.jpg
402KB, 600x852px
>>145127872
>Maybe I just don't read enough books.

Or watch enough movies apparently.
>>
>>145127819
Marsupials are still not rodents. A kangaroo rat is a member of the Rodentia family. Aurin evolved from an Arborian marsupial, thus there is no real world equivalent until Carbine releases what the fuck it looks like. Aurin do have khoala, opossum, possum, bilby, Tasmanian devil, and wombat looking ears.
>>
>>145128283
Anon please, I didn't want to remember that movie.
>>
>>145128165
>disposable thumbs
That's a funny image.
>>
>>145127902

MOTHERFUCKER.

I patrolled the gardens with your ass, Dom-side, back around launch. That was some of the most fun RP I've had
>>
>>145128469
Playing the no-fun-allowed police was fun.
>>
File: the_void.png (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the_void.png
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>145128448
>Marsupials are still not rodents

Right. But it's just as valid to call the kemono people rats as it is to call the furry people rats.
>>
File: flusteredchinchilla.png (601KB, 650x548px) Image search: [Google]
flusteredchinchilla.png
601KB, 650x548px
>>145127902

AGATHON YOU SHITFUCK

We're still here in this horrible void. Good to see you.
>>
File: educateyourself.gif (539KB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
educateyourself.gif
539KB, 245x170px
>>145128737
Except marsupials aren't rodents as rodents are rats.

Chua are also confirmed rodents.

"The Chua are furry, bipedal rodents with heavy tails and large, hairless ears."

http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/game/loremageddon/chua/
>>
oh god this thread is back
>>
>>145129000
Checked, friend.

I might reinstall for old time's sake or something.
>>
Are Esper and Spellslinger the only magic using classes?
>>
are there any /vg/ communities on EU server? if so how cancerous they are?
>>
>>145129569
Yea only Espers and Slingers use magic damage regularly in their dps.
>>
>>145129089
>Except marsupials aren't rodents as rodents are rats.

There is miscommunication happening here.

All I'm saying is that the only animal trait that all aurin share are their tails. Tails that are based on a rodent's. Therefore it's not unreasonable to refer to them as rats.
>>
>>145129939
They have big fluffy tails with no tuff at the end. Please tell me what rodent has such a tail? Aurin tails look more like lemur or cat tails.
>>
How is this game still alive
>>
>>145129939
rekt
>>
>>145130159
look up potoroidae
>>
>>145131079
Not fluffy enough
>>
File: dipodomys.jpg (50KB, 520x347px) Image search: [Google]
dipodomys.jpg
50KB, 520x347px
>>145130573

fun

>>145130159
>They have big fluffy tails with no tuff at the end.

Hard to tell with the ring/collar things on there. But the female one definitely has more hair on the end.
>>
>>145131356
You are really reaching for this aren't you? Aurin aren't rodents, bub.
>>
How's the Dom population since Steam release hit?
>>
>>145131149
I did not mean "look up a picture" but go read some actual info about them. And its fluffy enough if you you had one as big as aurin. Besides even even kangaroos are refered as big rats sometimes. I don't even care that much anymore cause i already got what i wanted which is confirmation that they are not cats.
>>
>>145131489
>Aurin aren't rodents, bub.

Believe it or not, you're arguing against at least two people.
>>
>>145131356
>Fun
Sugar this game hasn't been 'Fun' since the squad did house parties
Last time I played the community was divided between autistic raiders, shitter PVPers, and ERPers who do nothing but work on homeplots all day.

From the tone of the thread, that hasn't changed.
>>
>>145131626
>From the tone of the thread, that hasn't changed.

First off, it's a general on 4chan. Second, we'll see how/if that tone changes as more people see the general. Remember that we haven't had these threads for months. At least I haven't seen them in forever.
>>
>>145131626
>namefag
fuck off
>>
How can I unpair an account from steam? I logged in with the wrong NCSoft account and now it won't let me change it.
>>
>>145133458
>How can I unpair an account from steam?

Hot off the presses.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/376570/discussions/0/357288572124269229/#c357288572124740854
>>
>>145133974
Thanks anon.
I'll just launch from the regular launcher once I get it installed again so I can check out Agathon again.
>>
>>145102778
i left around xmas/new years. i can only imagine what sort of crap was going on around here
>>
>>145134750
I'll just say a lot. Hopefully it's gone and will stay gone in the coming weeks.
>>
File: Corybia_Septavox.151020.145039.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Corybia_Septavox.151020.145039.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>145138015
Try quoting next time, reddit
>>
>>145138281

I wasn't even talking about you
>>
File: Inarius_Agathon.160611.012823.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Inarius_Agathon.160611.012823.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I live.
There's a bunch of shit in my account, holy fuck.
>>
>>145140128

OH MAN
>>
File: Buttermilk_Waffen.160418.191108.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Buttermilk_Waffen.160418.191108.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
heard you were having a thread like I wouldn't find out
>>
>>145140379
What am I even doing? No one's on my friends list or anything anymore.

Life is lonely. I'm so lost.
>>
>>145140469
Dude. The circle.

The circle that exists on this thread.
>>
>>145140469

Well let me hop on. I'm going to invite you.
>>
>>145140387
I wish people would stop making swastikas in our guild bank
>>
Want to start playing again but the UI is still godawful
Any recommended mods to fix or replace it?
>>
>>145140693
Forge UI
>>
>>145046082
No, because City of Heroes was actually profitable when they shut it down.
>>
>>145142593
>No, because City of Heroes was actually profitable when they shut it down.

So play something else and leave us the fuck alone, (you).
>>
I actually miss the devspeak meme videos but everyone who did them was laid off, rip
>>
>>145143824
>everyone who did them was laid off

The narrator quit to go work for Amazon, then immediately abandoned that for Blizzard.

I like those videos, too.
>>
>>145143204
Why would I ever stop posting when you get riled up so easily?

Dead game, polite sage.
>>
>>145144760
>Why would I ever stop posting when you get riled up so easily?

Telling someone to fuck off isn't getting riled up, anon. Go visit a thread about a game you like and post there. Otherwise you're just the cancer slowly metastasizing throughout 4chan.

>polite sage

ambivalent bump
>>
File: wildshitstain.jpg (7KB, 109x125px) Image search: [Google]
wildshitstain.jpg
7KB, 109x125px
>wildstar is BACK
fck yes sorry overwatch my home planet needs me!
>>
File: Corybia_Septavox.151107.220154.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Corybia_Septavox.151107.220154.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>145145417
No they don't, tree-rat.
>>
File: Worthless_Stain.151101.004942.png (1MB, 1175x1045px) Image search: [Google]
Worthless_Stain.151101.004942.png
1MB, 1175x1045px
>>145145696
>>
Zombie or Robot waifu?
>>
File: 1463888908425.jpg (16KB, 274x368px) Image search: [Google]
1463888908425.jpg
16KB, 274x368px
>oh hey the general is back
>the entire first half of thIs thread
>>
>>145140591
it really sets the tone for the guilds sense of humor though1
>>
>>145145887
>zombie
>robot

At least you got good tastes, but I offer a challenge.

Use a full face helmet.
>>
>>145117735
Steam is their last hope for it to exist.
>>
>>145147449
No, this is just NCSoft wringing the last little bit of money they can get before pulling the plug.
>>
>Log in
>117/133 Steam achievements pop up
>For some fucking reason it says I don't even have Kel'Voreth on Bronze or up
What is this bullshit, I have the Gold title for everything including 6/6 Pinky.
>Can't even rightclick on my screen anymore unless I have any kind of interface up.
>>
So has wildstar imrpoved at all.

I really want this scifi MMO to be successful, but it keeps becoming dead and I go back to Tera.

Has carbine fixed anything?
>>
>>145149845
>Has carbine fixed anything?
Depends on what you wanted to be fixed.
>>
>>145149845
If you've played since F2P, the game hasn't changed much, no.

If you haven't played since roughly the start, then the game has changed quite a bit. It's actually playable, for one. There aren't bugs absolutely the fuck everywhere.

But other than that it hasn't really been "fixed" I would say
>>
File: wakemeup.png (18KB, 155x54px) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.png
18KB, 155x54px
>they're reworking runes again
>>
>>145149908
skill not being a factor in pvp
>>
Havent played this game since the actual release a few years ago, is it any better now? Are the raids still good? Have they given up on the AWFUL idea of 40m raids? Is PVP any good yet? Is there much world pvp at all?
>>
>>145150701
The fourth time's the charm!

I hope.
>>
>>145150778
it's less buggy but dungeons were nerfed into the ground, raids are the best, raids are 20man now, i dunno, and probably not
>>
>>145151042
>dungeons were nerfed into the ground

How serious we talking about? Back on launch max level dungeons were the most fun I'd had in MMO 5mans since Cataclysm launch on WoW.
>>
>>145151102
>How serious we talking about?

They didn't change the dungeons themselves that much. But they changed the medal system to try and stop ragequitting. Anon just thinks they're easy because people have much better gear than we did at launch.
>>
>>145151408
How many new dungeons/raids are there compared to launch?
>>
>>145151434
Two new dungeons, one boss in a box raid.
>>
>>145151678
Christ, thats pathetic.
>>
File: Buttermilk_Waffen.160611.022505.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Buttermilk_Waffen.160611.022505.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
found a bug where these robots spawn infinitely
>>
>>145151678
In over two years they only added one new raid? Christ, what are you level 50 guys doing?
>>
>>145151708
They've really only added one new BG since launch, too, and that was in the second drop.

>>145151727
Progressing through Datascape. Attendance boss is a bitch.
>>
>>145151434

Raids: DataScape, X-83 (boss-in-a-box)
Dungeons: Protogames Academy, Veteran Protogames
Adventures: Bay of Betrayal

>>145151727
>Christ, what are you level 50 guys doing?

Having fun.
>>
>>145151880
>X-83

Dammit, X-89.
>>
File: Buttermilk_Waffen.160611.023313.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Buttermilk_Waffen.160611.023313.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
this is fucking insane
>>
How do you use Addons with steam?
>>
File: Buttermilk_Waffen.160611.023332.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Buttermilk_Waffen.160611.023332.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>145151954
>X-83, was wrong
>X-89, that's a fuckin boss from GA

He means Initialization Core Y-83. That's the boss box.
>>
>>145151727
>what are you level 50 guys doing?
I quit since Avatus and Hardmentors farm got boring as fuck.
>>
2000 people is pretty dead for an MMO
>>
File: 1421461856114.jpg (18KB, 306x395px) Image search: [Google]
1421461856114.jpg
18KB, 306x395px
>>145155213
it's been 2 days
>>
File: 1459634429030.jpg (313KB, 1440x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1459634429030.jpg
313KB, 1440x1400px
>>145155372
two years
>>
>>145155372
Wildstar has been out for two years now.
>>
>>145155419
>>145155454
but two days since it came to steam, which it did to acquire new players

and we have had an increase in new players and population in the last 2 days
>>
Invite WeWuz Kangz - EU Dominion
>>
>>145155797
The real catch is if those players will remain within... let's say this week. Two events are going on so that might help, but we'll see.
>>
Just died in the last Wrathbone phase, party was filled with mouthbreathers who couldn't interrupt. 2 People died mid fight, and we couldn't pass the DPS check.

What a fucking meme
>>
>>145159598
Did you try explaining the fight to your party?
>>
>>145159661
They didn't seem to speak english.

We fought the robot for a good 30 minutes because our tank couldn't understand that he had to walk into the green circle to break the shield.
>>
File: 1438609442846.jpg (84KB, 427x474px) Image search: [Google]
1438609442846.jpg
84KB, 427x474px
>>145159037
I'm sure players will come and go, but steam is a platform with millions of people using it, and Wildstar is in no way the worst free to play game on steam.

Hopefully it gains a reputation where it's recommended to try it at least once, and if you like what it's offering you stick around till you finish the raid content.

I also feel like housing will retain a solid amount of playerbase out of everything, because you can do just about anything you an think of.
>>
>>145159751
Daily Reminder to Report anyone that doesn't speak English on the North American server
>>
>>145159774
Housing kept Rift alive long after it deserved a clean death, I'm sure Wildstar will be sustained, in some capacity, by the same tidal forces.
>>
>>145159851
I'm on EU
>>
>>145159947
>Playing on Eu

You have only yourself to blame, then, faggot.
>>
>>145159947
oh, you're fucked then, europe has a billion languages

I've known a few british people that play on na, so if you don't want to deal with language issues we generally have folks who speak well enough to understand what you're saying
>>
>>145160147
>I've known a few british people that play on na

Literally all the Euroshits who can speak english even remotely play on US because EU is so bad.
>>
>>145160204
From what i can judge simply from this thread i wouldnt even point my finger to na. stupid drama, erp more than one can handle and circlejerking all the way around. Now then, what does make US servers so much better?
>>
>>145160412
No Russians
>>
File: 4516549865.jpg (18KB, 617x416px) Image search: [Google]
4516549865.jpg
18KB, 617x416px
>>145153185
Y-yeah farming those guys sure is easy, heheh.
>>
>>145160598
Thats mostly a downside as russians in mmos are very friendly and helpful. Besides, i never encountered a single russian in wildstar.
>>
>>145160783
>russians in mmos are very friendly and helpful

You're not fooling anyone, Ivan. Russians are just BRs but with snow.
>>
>>145160972
You are now mistaking mmos with CS:GO and assfaggots. And you are talking about russians like you've got any experience playing with them. You don't even know where russia is without looking it up.
>>
>>145161171
>And you are talking about russians like you've got any experience playing with them

15 years of dealing with them in MMOs and they have never not shown to me that they aren't just BR reskins, anon.
>>
>>145161337
That only proves that you are not enough cheeki breeki. You have to know how to handle them. Or maybe i've just been lucky for the past 10 years.
>>
>>145161520
>You have to know how the handle them

Or I could just play on US where I don't have to deal with them as if they were the violent, retarded animals that they are, the way all the sane people do.
>>
>>145160412
don't point people to the 4chan part of NA, everyone else on the server doesn't care

>>145160783
I think NARCOZ Frost is a russian, you might have played with him
>>
>>145161576
>sane people
>us
pick one.
You just proved in a single sentence that you actually dont know what you are talking about. russians or no, i cant handle the ping of 200 like no sane person would.
>>
>>145161838
>Play with XAXAs and HONHONs
>Play with 200ms

The choice is pretty clear to me, friend,
>>
Few questions:

1. I bought this game on release and played it only for a few days, is there any perks for previously subbed players similar to SWTOR's "Preferred" status?

2. I just want to jump on and have fun, is there a huge amount of solo grinding before you can do group content like dungeons etc?

Thanks
>>
>>145161909
Stop digging the hole further. You clearly have no idea of what you are talking about, so please dont make yourself look more foolish then you already look.
>>
>>145161925
yes, you will have a cosmic rewards boost to start with

currently low level dungeons are popping often from what I've heard, you should be able to queue while questing and get some dungeons or even BGs done
>>
>>145161925
There's a reward track of "loyalty" that builds up as you buy things in the cash shop.

For buying the game previously, you should probably have enough to unlock basic MMO features like guild and arena team creation.
>>
File: nofune.jpg (89KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
nofune.jpg
89KB, 488x516px
>>145064152

I'm one of those players who is high elo/diamond/masters/whatever in pretty much every competitive game I play. If Wildstar was made specifically for pvp, then I can definitely see why it has failed so spectacularly.

I gave Wildstar a try and immediately noticed the combat system had serious problems, and not just little things that can be fixed with a numbers tweak I mean severe core problems that would require them to completely redo the entire system.

There are a ton of problems and an entire 10 page essay could be written on what carbine did wrong so I will just keep it really simple by only focusing on the biggest problem: lack of counterplay to mindless spam. In a good pvp game, players either get some form of block/parry/disruption/counteract that has little to no cooldown, or the game is such that strategic positioning can result in oneshots. This must exist in order to punish bad players who try to randomly spam their skill rotations. Wildstar not only severely lacks this, but even has passive stun shields ( Interrupt armor ) that seem to actively prevent players from having their mindless skillspam outplayed. Result is every single pvp match is just players rolling their face on their keyboards. While this form of play may be easier for a casual gamer to grasp, it's extremely infuriating if you are an actual seasoned competitive gamer because we can quickly see that low as fuck skill ceiling and the lack of future it paints for the game.

TL;DR devs don't know how counterplay works. PvP Combat is casual pandering horseshit.
>>
>>145162326
>high elo/diamond/masters/whatever in pretty much every competitive game I play
you mean only LoL

lmao
>>
>>145162402
I don't even play league nigga.
>>
>>145162326
facerolling is an over exaggeration

it's more complicated than that, but it's nowhere near the most complex pvp

don't come to wildstar to be a professional at pvp
>>
>>145162656
>don't come to mmo's to be a professional at pvp
fixed that for ya.
>>
>>145162326
why do you have this post saved from two years ago
>>
File: megassa squeeze em.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
megassa squeeze em.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>145162656
>>145162735
>Professional at PvP
>>
>>145162053
>>145162121
Thank's anons
>>
New player here, can't seem to craft or cook anything.

Is this a known bug?
>>
>>145163080
describe what you're doing and maybe I'll be able to tell you
>>
how is this piece of shit game still going
>>
File: Flaccid_Celery.160409.153547.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Flaccid_Celery.160409.153547.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Anyone max an alt during the friendship toilet fiasco?
>>
File: 1461952534985.png (5KB, 435x269px) Image search: [Google]
1461952534985.png
5KB, 435x269px
almost 3k people playing so far

wow!!
>>
File: 1447660294159.png (438KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
1447660294159.png
438KB, 500x426px
>>145163364
probably because it's fucking GOAT
>>
>>145163425
There are people who didn't?
I got the pig and the trask mounts from it, too.
>>
>>145163654
I still don't have a single mount from arcterra

that was the day I joined the exiles
>>
Last breath. It's a shame but the hardcore bullshit killed this game.
>>
>>145163364
waifus

Who SUMMER ERP READY here?
>>
>>145163890
Aurins & anyone who plays them are shit
>>
did they at least not fire the music guy? because the ost is great
>>
>>145164728
He was gone before launch, Anon. His job is done already.
>>
>>145164832
he was on a stream recently, he still works with the studio
>>
>>145163890
Remove Aurin
or Remove Swimsuit
>>
>>145164832
but surely the new content since launch has new music of the same quality
>>
so where are we gonna make the clan
>>
>>145165690
World 122 behind Varrock bank
>>
>>145165812
alright i will bring the weed
>>
>>145155213
>2000 people is pretty dead for an MMO

Keep in mind those are only players who are using Steam. You can still keep using the original client, and even download and start start playing with the old one.
>>
>>145155213
Luckily we're sitting at significantly more than 2000 even on steam
>>
>700 posts in 3 days

just like old times

where's the fucking mega vitalus
>>
File: This isn't even her jpeg.jpg (29KB, 259x274px) Image search: [Google]
This isn't even her jpeg.jpg
29KB, 259x274px
>tfw giving advice to all the new players

Are you all doing your part to outweigh the shitty part of the community?
>>
what kind of p2 is the game? p2w? p2lose restrictions, p2 get content, p2 look better?
>>
>>145171823

>p2lose restrictions
>p2 look better
>>
>>145171823
It's all cosmetics or shitty temporary boost. They really give away too much for free imo
>>
What kind of restrictions are there, any xp differences?
>>
File: signature.png (595KB, 711x891px) Image search: [Google]
signature.png
595KB, 711x891px
>>145171823
>>145172570

It's worth noting that there are unlocks for some of these things, like +50 auction listings, additional character slots, additional housing item limit, and so on that are available individually in the store.

The 3x / 360 soft cap Omnibit (store currency that drops in-game) drop rate was a recent change and immediately doubled the price of CREDD (1 month of game time) on the in-game exchange. Or you can just subscribe using real money.
>>
Is there a /vg/ guild on EU?

Any anons playing on EU?
>>
>>145172991
no, no
>>
>>145165516
It does. All the music is amazing and the OST is being released in volumes.
>>
>>145160783
I don't think you've ever been in a raiding guild on EU with Russians and French people.
>>
>>145160654
The only raid boss that's remotely fun is when you get Hardmentors to 20%.
>>
>>145165516
>but surely the new content since launch has new music of the same quality

So far they've kept paying Jeff Kurtenacker for new music whenever they need it.

Best music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Rgna7XgqM&index=15&list=PLYI9EPUJIJn-hHtogLyY4ecvW80Xx-_7M
>>
>>145174968
>Not Justice Doesn't Always Wear a Badge

Your tastes are inferior
>>
>>145174968
That's not Blue Horizon
>>
>>145171079
i am the shitty part of the community
remove all aurin and chua

>>145171823
pay2haveprettierhatsonyourhousingplot
also payonce2actuallyhavemultiplemarketlistings
>>
>>145176128
>Blue Horizon

I can't wait until the 13th when people can get these from the RNG store boxes. So I can buy it off them with plat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tPxAzBPvm4
>>
Is vet Infestation still the shiphand you spam for dosh?
>>
>>145145990
If you can handle Took you can handle anything
>>
>>145171823

I subscribed because I'm still one of those assholes that farms and gets dosh from the CX by selling my shit. You get increased drops with subscription.

Also the triple omnibits drop rate I get help too since essentially I'm paying for cosmetics anyway at that point. But I only recommend it if you play the game as often as I do (a.k.a raid three times a week).
>>
>>145184069
>tfw I don't even understand how to use the CX/AH/whatever
>>
>>145152158
I missed your thighs
>>
File: 1423538977678.png (200KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1423538977678.png
200KB, 500x376px
4k online
>>
>>145188403

Well hot damn. And that's just Steam players. Then again I know some players moved to Steam for achievements. I know I did.
>>
File: wildstarmovinonup.jpg (108KB, 1000x414px) Image search: [Google]
wildstarmovinonup.jpg
108KB, 1000x414px
>>145188403

Confirmed.
>>
>>145188563
I did too, and also so my playtime will be logged so I can look at it later and feel like I wasted my life
>>
>>145189630

Don't worry, you can type /playtime and realize the error of your ways. I did.
>>
>>145191609
Does that combine all characters though? And I know I've spent at least six hours creating new aurin waifus
>>
>>145193029
How many of them were boys?
>>
>>145193134
All of them
I want an aurinboy harem so bad
>>
are any of the ranged DPS classes bad? i'm going to try the game out on steam for the first time since open beta.
>>
>>145193029
it's individual characters, I had to go throughout all of mine to find out I have 1008 hours logged. more if I counted hours along with days
>>
File: Act II - The Father of Feels.png (125KB, 229x275px) Image search: [Google]
Act II - The Father of Feels.png
125KB, 229x275px
>>145193616
>You will never have a group of Aurin boys who lounge around you all day in skimpy outfits, mewling as they snuggle with you and one another

Why even live?
>>
Are the raids in this game as good as in WoW? And is there enough of the content? I heard there wasnt a new raid for 2 years :v)
>>
>>145193616
>>145194091
They'd be so easy to push around, too. I wonder if two of them could overpower a woman even working together.
>>
>>145194091
bird please stop
>>
>>145195423
Maybe even their bones are weaker? You'd have to be careful playing around or you might break one
>>
>>145195352
They're as good as bad WoW raid mechanics
>>
>>145195352
They're simple like TBC raids. I like that style more than the current 15-minute slogs with 50 mechanics to memorise
>>
>girls wanting to rape aurin
>>
>>145195352
Honestly, BRF and HFC are absolutely fantastic raids. If you asked me during MOP I'd say there's no contest, W* raids are better, but god DAMN mythic archimonde.

That said, major differences: wildstar tends to be buggy. It's way, way better than it used to be and doesn't actually pop up much these days, but on release datascape was unplayable. In addition, since everyone can cast while moving, minimizing movement isn't a concern like it is in wow. To me, this makes mechanics feel less separated out. You're interrupting while dodging projectiles while dpsing and it all works fine. In wow you can do, like, one and a half of those at once.
>>
>>145195963
Yeah
>>
Is Stalker good for end game raiding? As dps preferably? Or are there just few meta classes and if you play something else no one will invite you.
>>
>>145195963

Welcome to Wildstar, where girl rape you. I mean, if you're into the dominatrix sort of thing, it works.
>>
>>145195963
>Not wanting an Aurin to bounce on strapon

What the FUCK is wrong with you?
>>
Which clan or guild or whatever the fuck its called here better in this general? The good or the edgy faction one?
>>
>want to remake club for summer Nexus release
>too lazy, Dominion RP is in the garbage
>Exiles are even worse

I g-guess I could make it for myself?
>>
>>145196156
Raids tend to need a good variety regardless of numbers just because of buffs and debuffs.
Slingers and Warriors are the two most popular classes so those spots are usually filled up way faster.
Stalkers are in the top half of damage too afaik and they're only moderately popular so they're a solid choice if you're on the fence about them.
>>
File: THERE ARE NO HEROES LEFT IN MAN.jpg (15KB, 170x236px) Image search: [Google]
THERE ARE NO HEROES LEFT IN MAN.jpg
15KB, 170x236px
>>145196552
>tfw the only good RP left is in Exile circlejerks
>>
>>145196318
dominion is kinda empty
dominion has chua, exiles have aurin, you get garbage either way
>>
How do I play with /w*g/? If I am exiles on EU
>>
>>145195963
They were made to be sex slaves dude.
>>
File: TIMETOTEARITALLDOWN.jpg (62KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
TIMETOTEARITALLDOWN.jpg
62KB, 960x540px
>>145196676
Time to make something more comfy.
>>
>>145196552
>>145196676

>Dominion RP is in the garbage

That feel when all the good role players left in the Dominion are hiding in private circles. The rest are fucking psychopaths.
>>
>>145196318
Exile's unfortunately better despite having more undesirables just by virtue of having nearly 3x the pop of Dominion.
>>
>>145196973
Housing plots are both a blessing and a curse
They're the perfect place to rp but the capitol cities are empty because of it
>>
>>145197309
Who cares about the capitol. The stuff players make is a thousand times more creative and detailed.
>>
>>145196807
First, get an American passport...
>>
>>145195512
I'm in to Aurin girls, thank you very much.
>>
>>144937850

New thread >>145198830
>>
>>145182137
>Is vet Infestation still the shiphand you spam for dosh?

It's the shortest, yes.

>>145196318
>Which clan or guild or whatever the fuck its called here better in this general?

Neither. And some of the faction barriers are being removed in an upcoming patch.
Thread posts: 763
Thread images: 155

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.