[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dream of Mirror Online General - /domog/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

Following a few obscure MMO threads, some of us have decided to play Dream of Mirror Online.

>Summary
DoMO is an old-ish MMO centred around partying and social elements, it has a cute anime aesthetic and a really interesting skill\job system.
>Download
Direct - https://subagames.com/DOMO/Downloads.aspx

You can also get it on Steam, both lead to the same place and there's only 1 central server called Pandora.
>Info
Wiki: http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Domo_Wiki
>What makes this unique?
Most notably it features a job-changing system similar to FFXI or Mabinogi. Your class is a composite of 1 main class + 2 entire skill sets from other jobs and 1 passive skill set. You can change this whenever you get to town for free. So, that along with the stat system gives you good control over your build.

My IGN is Slinky, if I'm not around to invite you right away just leave your IGN in the thread and I'll get to you.
>>
File: witch_doctor_3[1].jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
witch_doctor_3[1].jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
Just found out a cool feature, if you're alt+tabbed you sometimes get little notifications on your sys tray for things.

Like if you're whispered you can see the message without tabbing back in, or if you're resting and waiting for regen it tells you when you hit max hp\mp.

PS: You can fly
>>
File: greetings_from_domo_by_nukude.png (1MB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
greetings_from_domo_by_nukude.png
1MB, 600x450px
Top tip, if you pick Sylph your weapon floats behind you like a badass.
>>
OK, been trying out Fencer for a bit and they have a ton of mana, it's so nice. I feel like pumping wisdom on every job now.
>>
Can't start it on Windows 8 for some reason. Any tips?
>>
>>127127268
Do you get an error of any kind? If it crashes how far do you get? I'll have a look around the forums for you.
>>
>>127122839
I'll be reading up on it today and joining in tomorrow
>>
>>127127858
Sure, I'm still really new to the game but if you have questions I could probably point you in the right direction at least.

Jot down my IGN somewhere just in case, to keep in touch.
>>
>>127128107
I'm just going through the domo wiki's job section to get an idea of what I want to try out.
I might actually try it out some today, but New Years has left me a bit sleep-deprived and therefore loopy, so I'm not committing to anything, that's all.
>>
File: screen001.png (59KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screen001.png
59KB, 1024x768px
>>127127787
That's all I get
I rechecked cache and it said it fixed one file but the result is still the same
>>
I used to play this game ... but its toooooo fucking cute and it had no end content, got bored, pets where cool, I liked the little flying oni buuuuuut no I would not recomend, repait and armor frafting was boring
>>
>>127129961

oh forgot to mention its autism land, good waifu material btw
>>
>>127129419
I think another anon with windows 10 had the same issue. If I see him I'll ask.
>>
>>127130146
It seems that the issue is with the link between Steam and in-game account
>>
>>127130146
Found the issue - my Steam Overlay was off.
Creating character now
Thank you so much for helping!
>>
>>127131783
What a strange issue, I'll remember that for the future.
>>
Oh good, we have a general. Game's fun if you like those cutesy grindy MMOs that used to be everywhere like 10+ years ago. It's nice to be back to something like that. Plus the job system is cool and there's a decent amount to explore. Dungeons seems relatively dangerous too
>>
>>127131783
Hey, did you decide on a character? Tell me your ign so I can add you.
>>
>>127122839
Is progression based on straight grinding or quest running? Im a little tired of endless fetch quests.
>>
File: 0a0432abb7d8ca49[1].jpg (20KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
0a0432abb7d8ca49[1].jpg
20KB, 440x330px
>>127138569
Hard to say at this stage, we've mainly been partying and directly killing things but we've taken a few quests on the way that have given rather good exp.

We've yet to do a dungeon all together but I've heard the rewards are good, so if possible we'd do things like that mainly for exp.
>>
>>127138569
There are quite a few quests, but it's nowhere near anything like WoW or FF XIV. It's mostly just going out and grinding on monsters for exp and loot
>>
>>127138036
Yeah, I'm still a low-level though - just reached the Eversun city. Is it ok?
>>
>>127122839
Mabinogi does not have classes, therefore domo arigatou cannot possibly have a job-changing system similar to mabinogi.
>>
>>127142409
Yes of course, ill be back at my desk in 15 mins or so.

>>127143403
It allows you to mix and match skills from other jobs in a similar way.
>>
How do I play this on gahnoo slesh lyenus?
>>
>>127145707
IGN is KyLee
Sorry for slow response, for some reason I can't alt+tab domo.
>>
File: 00000029.png (620KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
00000029.png
620KB, 1024x768px
Woah, the kind Anon who donated his alt guild to us neglected to mention we have a guild hangout. Comes complete with snowman family and community harem, how nice.
>>
So, do we have a name list? What classes do we need the most?
I love filling.
>>
>>127154382
Name list? We have a guild and we generally friend eachother in-game to help with partying.

As for necessary jobs we technically have every role filled but only 1 of each. If you really want to be handy then an extra tank (mercenary or martial artist) or healer (doctor) would help with partying at any time. That being said having extra of the other roles is also handy so my advice is to play what seems fun for you.

If you'd like to know what specific jobs we literally have none of I can do that for you.
>>
These pets are nuts, I just saw a teddybear inside a mech suit with rockets strapped to it's back. I think you can mount them as well.
>>
>>127161146
You can but you need to mega-evolve them or something. Cant ride around on the backs of babes.

You can get a free Teddy bear from some quest if youre interested.
>>
I must say I'm enjoying how many bosses are just around. It's a nice change of pace from instanced everything.

I'm not sure how I feel being the pupu president now though.
>>
About to try a dungeon together, time to see how dangerous they are.
>>
File: 00000037.png (826KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
00000037.png
826KB, 1024x768px
Considering how disgusting globs of slime are, these things are adorable. No match for us though.
>>
>>127169129
That poor spider boss was also no match for us, despite being 4 levels higher
>>
If I may interject for a moment, this game does not respect your freedom. Why not play an mmorpg that is free as in respects your 4 freedoms, such as planeshift?
>>
So, whilist I'm thinking of either being the nodoubtelf or little loli, I have a question to ask.
How the fuck is this game server still alive? I remember playing this for a tad bit a fuck-ton of years ago and I'm honest to god confused.
>>
>>127172164
Well, I'm not privy to the whole rollercoaster of events but as far as I know Aeriagames closed the servers, then this happened: https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=60810

2 years, a kickstarter and 700 pages of not letting go later and here we are. The company that owns it exclusively buy the rights to games that have fallen by the wayside that still have a large-ish fan-base. They're pretty respectable and clever for getting in a very niche market.

They're responsible for similar games like Prisontale and 9Dragons.

Oh, it got picked up by Steam somewhere along the way as well.
>>
>>127172620
Are races a big play when it comes to classes?
>>
>>127173043
I believe the stat points don't mean a whole lot but your flying speed is ever so slightly different and it seems to be a factor in some quests that ask for a specific array of attributes.

I constantly hear people shouting, I need a x who's y feet tall with z cup size. So to answer your question, not really.
>>
>>127173298
>>127173043
Oh scratch that, there's actually no difference in stats. So you're good to make whatever you like. Sylphs get hovering weapons though, which is just cool.
>>
Wtf /vp/ don't tell me this game will be a big thing to deserve a general or even being mentioned on 4chan at all.

What the fuck happened?

(oldfag from aeriagames here)
>>
>>127173735
>/vp/

I swear I don't go there, its just me being a late night faggot with typos.
>>
>>127173735
>>127173884
A bunch of us are having fun, I don't really need to read further into it. We had some really good obscure MMO threads on /v/ yesterday that triggered the whole conversation.
>>
>>127123545
New feature from this new version of the game.

>>127128107
I am an old player of this game, I can help everyone if I remember about it. Not making any tripname or anything, I'm not looking for specialsnowflaying.

>>127130083
It is a social game, long time ago looked like what facebook is today, all those dramas. And it was not just 15 year old kids doing it, actually 25+ to 30 or more.

>>127138569
The exp strategy is about grinding, but the most efficient way of leveling up is group grinding, where a zone of continuous spawning mobs have the best exp/time ratio for a specific level range. So you have a strategy with a group which is better to read the guide for it to understand. Conclusion is that, dungeons have more xp.

>>127166227
>Female Birds of Paradise
My nostalgic fears in this game.

>>127173043
Not much really.

>>127173298
For flying speed you need to complete quests for it.

About shouting for race/aspect its also daily quests only, you need those quests to earn points for your guild, the reason behind it is to make you look for other people to play this game, since its a social mmo.
>>
So, I can't really form a coherent post since it's almost 6 am here and I haven't slept for 30 hours or more but basically the game is a lot of fun and even though I totally sucked I enjoyed it and it was great to run with you guys.
I'm not sure about my schedule after the 10th of January but I hope I'll be able to join you regularly.
>>
File: Musician.png (84KB, 322x221px) Image search: [Google]
Musician.png
84KB, 322x221px
>>
>>127146054
pls respond
>>
>>127177945
I'm guessing you mean Linux? I'd love to help but I've never used it. Is there no means to emulate windows based programs? Like WINE.
>>
>>127178785
Wine chokes on most protection schemes (gameguard et al.)
Emulation would require 2 GPUs (one for passthrough to the VM) and trickery to make the protection scheme believe it's not running in a VM.
However, for some protection schemes and even just some games with a known non-working protection scheme, wine works fine. There are also sometimes various workarounds.
>>
>>127179138
I'm not sure what to tell you my friend. A quick search shows people trying various things to help WINE out without much success. I don't see Softsar releasing a Linux version, so your only recourse would be to dual-boot\switch to Windows.

Sorry I don't have more useful info. Goodluck.
>>
File: dream-of-mirror-online-1[1].jpg (64KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dream-of-mirror-online-1[1].jpg
64KB, 800x600px
>>
File: latest[1].png (47KB, 319x321px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
47KB, 319x321px
>>
>>127186134
Does this have wasd to move?

I played this in 2009 or something and the impression i'm left with is that it was click to move only, could be wrong.

I can't handle not having wasd movement anymore though
>>
>>127188286
Since the original version you have the option for wasd
>>
>>127189645
I remember playing as a Slyph with a Syringe, I take it that's Doctor?

If I decide to play I'll probably do the same, I remember being able to do decent damage even only using Doctor skills.
>>
>>127190157
Doctor is healer class only tho.

My favorite race in lore is probably sylph or shura.
>>
>>127190412
I'm interested in going a Dancer/Musician hybrid, has someone else already got that covered (if so, which are they prioritizing and i'll focus on the other).
>>
>>127191643
Dancer is OP period, and easy.

With musician its pretty much easy leveling, you go for Casks -> Birds -> Nept you don't even need to play at all.
>>
>>127193138
You don't have to play, meaning that you would just need some kind of bot scripts to do rotations and go afk. but it's bannable. I did some times on this new server before quitting this game.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.