[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cgg/ - Cuhrayzee Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 579
Thread images: 104

prev thread >>125620876

VST7 VOTING IS NOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g86M-7_xhfo

CUHRAYZEE THREAD FAQ (please read this and CUHRAYZEE NEWS before asking questions):
http://pastebin.com/XFGyzhzB

CUHRAYZEE RECOMMENDED GAMES (INCLUDES INDIES):
http://i.imgur.com/lEnXRlO.jpg

CUHRAYZEE TIPS, TECHNIQUES, AND MODS
http://pastebin.com/Pzmmx36v

STEAM GROUP: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CUHRAYZEE
WIKI: http://cuhrayzee.wikia.com/wiki/CUHRAYZEE_GAMES_GENERAL_Wiki
FORUM: http://cuhrayzeegames.boards.net

>We Shall Wake
Indie Cuhrayzee game, dev posts here most of the time. Blog updates every Saturday mostly. Development is still ongoing. See their blog at
http://www.weshallwake.com/
Patreon ongoing. Support them if you'd like.
http://www.patreon.com/nokoriware

DMC, Bayonetta, We Shall Wake, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, Ninja Gaiden, Wonderful 101, Vanquish, Sengoku Basara, Rising Revengeance, Fairy Bloom Freesia, Rainblood, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae.
>>
>>126117496
do you guys think that the votes are a bit iffy? Or is it just me with my tinfoil hat acting up?
>>
>tfw ninja gaiden is too hard for me

I just wanted to be a ninja and do ninja things.
>>
>>126117672
>Bayo entry
>17 votes

Actually yeah I do think that's kinda weird. And I thought a good amount of them were pretty decent.
>>
>>126117976
currently winning the poll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSC1oxpTYs
>>
File: MKH 2.jpg (360KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MKH 2.jpg
360KB, 1920x1080px
>>126117496
MKH is a decent game
>>
what was VST ENTRY: DOSHMASTERCASH's code, im too lazy to look
>>
>>126121334
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9d51OB8NY
>>
>>126117672

There's some weird things about the voting overall. First is the low low number of votes

Then there's the thing with Bayo sweeping the competition simply because it's the first time we've had a decent number of Bayo entries with competent players.

Then there's stuff like Freesia being tied for first place in freestyle. I have no fucking idea where it gets so much love from. Not trying to discredit anyone, the video was nice but the God Hand entry is still way better
>>
>>126122551

I disagree. The fact Mike used clips from his playthroughs for all three of his freestyles for God Hand seems like a really ingenuine way to make an amazing freestyle. Not to mention he exceeded the time limit for Freestyle twice now.

It's great play but I don't think he deserves an honest win.
>>
>>126122551
Like >>126123037 said, it is a highlight video from mike's playtrough, there is nothing there that wasn't seen before.
>>
>>126123037
>>126123182

even then don't get me wrong but I thought there were more impressive entries in freestyle than the freesia one
>>
>>126123037
>>126123182
I regret voting for it now.
>>
>>126123434

The FBF Freestyle is innovative in every way, checkpoints the evolution of the only good FBF player out there, was interesting to watch, groundbroke interesting properties and tech in stylish to watch momentum, and so on.

In comparison to what their games have to offer, I think the FBF entry hit it straight outta the ballpark in every way.
>>
File: MayhemLeagueMoveList.webm (3MB, 1312x910px) Image search: [Google]
MayhemLeagueMoveList.webm
3MB, 1312x910px
Happy holidays, /cgg/!

Figured I'd stop by, as demo time draws ever nearer.

The level design aspects are done, right now I'm placing collectibles and setting up enemy spawn stations.

But in addition to that, some tutorial shit! We show pop-ups (disable-able from an options menu) that explain aspects of the game. Also I've been implementing a move-list (sorry in advance for how it looks, the icons for Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 are very difficult to tell apart and I'm going to re-do them)

Also, I've been redoing my particle effects to make them more stable at lower framerates and head-on camera angles, by copying the shit Platinum has done for Bayo and T:D (as near as I can tell, using meshes with Sub-UV animated textures to convey decay)

Speaking of, I'm currently doing stress-testing; I'm capping the FPS at like 20 and just doing the same move over and over, looking for inconsistencies in the hit detection. It's better now than it was, but still not 100% perfect, so it'll take some doing to fix... I'll have to mess around with the collision detection system to make sure it's detecting overlaps even when the framerate is so low the sword moves from one side of the enemy to the other without touching him across a single frame.

Just as an FYI, you fine folks are my "target market", as it were, so I'm doing everything I can to make this the kind of game that can be exploited and tweaked to insane degrees by skilled players, more than I've even let on on /agdg/... but I'll REALLY value your feedback come demo time, because you guys know your shit (and me? well, I enjoyed DmC and Transformers so I don't know much
>>
>>126124224
not gonna lie some of those move names are terrible

otherwise, lookin bretty gud
>>
>>126124224
Oh shit yeah I wanted to try this hope it turns out good
>>
>>126124224
Looking forward to your game and have been since before I left /agdg/. Keep it up my man.
>>
>>126124413
Which ones don't you like? They're trivial to change...
>>
>>126124224

Looks pretty great, especially for an indie.

Just don't strain yourself on design you don't inherently understand, especially if your experiences are limited to Transformers and DmC. Last guy we had tried to make his game everything at once and by now I can only assume WSW is either dead, never happening, or delivering with substandard expected qualities.

If you wanna make a game appeal to this general then prepare to work your nuts off if you're learning from the ground up about cuhrayzee design
>>
>>126124224
how does the launch work? Do you have a dedicated button for it a la DmC?
>>
>>126124598
https://twitter.com/weshallwake/status/671417669808164864
>>
>>126124413
"Get Up" "StayDown"
>>
>>126124598
I doubt you're any more qualified to opine on design or the design process than the person you're giving advice to.
>>
>>126124598
>Just don't strain yourself on design you don't inherently understand, especially if your experiences are limited to Transformers and DmC.

Don't get me wrong! I've played Bayo 2, DMC3 and 4, LoK, T:D, DmC, Darksiders 2, Yaiba, and I'm currently playing W101

I love action games, especially complex and crazy ones, but I don't have quite the attention to depth that some of you guys do. I'm decent at action games but I've never been a master of them.
>>
>>126125110

I'm just saying, tackling the design of something you don't "get" will require some help and workaround or you're gonna end up with wasted time

I totally believe he can do it anyway
>>
>>126124862
DESU I don't like em either, consider them changed! Any suggestions..?

>>126124750
With xCaliber, yes. There are two melee buttons... xCal uses one of them for "vertical changers", moves that move the enemy around (command uppercuts and such). Longshot (the shotgun-whip-mace) will use them for DmC tugs (pull them to you, pull you to them).

The rest of the weapons will use them for Bayo-style combos (light/heavy combos) rather than special commands. More move variety in exchange for less utility on those weapons.
>>
>>126121269

Seriously though, how is it? Is it fun?
One of the few games in the genre I haven't played, thinking of getting it.

I like anime and panty quests and shit so the style is not a problem at all.
>>
>>126126929
it's decent fun. To quote an extremely inaccurate quote, "imagine if Vergil from DMC3 lost Force Edge, replaced his teleport and summon sword with Royal Guard, fighting in Bloody Palace"
>>
>>126126929
Enemies are pretty bland, gameplay is fairly repetitive aside. It's just flashy and relies on perfect parrying.
>>
>>126123782
Don't regret, like, he is great at godhand, probably the best. But like, i've seen all that before, so, i will value something new, or something unexpected.

Talking about unexpected things. This bayonetta entry right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtLf7h0cJP0

I'm honestly surprised, in a positive way. Like, bayonetta 2 has 1 year, and a lot of people already dropped (myself included, but sometimes i try to go back to it, but i really can't ignore how the game punishes you for not using witch time) the game, and while Bayonetta as a cuhrayzee series don't hold many players (If you think that bayo 1 had many entries, you have to consider that were only 3 different people doing those entries, and only 2 doing only bayonetta 1), but i feel good that someone stuck with the game, had some time, and did cool stuff for a bayonetta 2 entry.

I feel the same way about the transfomers entry, i'm glad there is someone, trying to play the game and improve in it.
>>
>>126127584
There is nothing impressive in that video past the 1:30 mark, hell even the first two fights aren't that exciting. The Balder section is pretty much just a standard fight with a few weapons, 90% of attacks only connecting during Witch Time.
>>
>>126127212
>>126127254

Looks fun as fuck but we'll see.
I'll pirate it for now.
>>
>>126128743
>pirate
HERE IT COMES
>>
>>126128878

w-what?
>>
>>126128743
You dun did it now.
>>
>>126129139

w-what did I do?
Guys, you're scaring me.
>>
>>126128878
>>126129139
He's pirating an indie game so he deserves what's coming to him.
>>
Freesia guy here. I really didn't expect this to happen at all.

I've mentioned to Alps before but I really didn't mind the voting of VST. My main motive was to peak some interest into Freesia and make it enjoyable to watch. I see that a few Anons enjoyed it and I thank you for that. I'm surprised that I'm even leading up with Mike.
>>
>>126129991

What?
Can someone please tell me what the fuck is going on? ;_;
>>
>>126130049
pique

one piques interest

You succeeded by the way, I'll end up buying it eventually.
>>
>>126123037
I couldn't record new gameplay footage as my computer has been to the repair shop for a month now. I'm on a shitty macbook laptop and the only way for me to enter VST was to do another highlight reel. I didn't want to submit an entry at first but I did it anyway after struggling with this iMovies video software apple uses and it's a big piece of turd.
>>
>Literally .6 seconds over the time limit for Pure Platinum on the last verse of the chapter
>It auto-saves before the results
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>126127584

I have to agree with>>126128172. It's nice that people are trying new stuff, it really is fantastic. But there's nothing particularly impressive in a way that makes me "wow, he deserves the most recognition".

I felt the same way with the Transformers entry. It's just nothing that really made me go "wow that's great". I think it's insanely respectable that everyone takes the time to craft their entries, but if we're going to start talking about the actual quality of entries themselves then you all have to let go of this "This one is the best because it's game no one has displayed before"

I voted for the Bayo entry in Traditional because it was the best crafted IMO, not simply out of some sense of duty to vote for the underdogs
>>
File: 1354479210892.jpg (28KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
1354479210892.jpg
28KB, 248x203px
>All this talk about Bayo

That's great and all, but what did everyone think of the other entries? What did everyone think of the dmc and HWA entries?
>>
>>126130947
ive seen too much dmc to care and ng was neat aside from ng3.
>>
>>126130947
TWOAAAH
>>
>>126130780
I didn't say they were the best, i just got glad they tried, and they did neat stuff.

I didn't vote for them, i voted for my entry, so it could have 1 vote.

>>126130947
I liked the dmc ones, and i liked watching NG3, even if it is not a display of full mastery, it made me want to play the games. Also. TWOAHHHH!!!
>>
>>126128878
>>126129139
>>126129991

Just fucking tell me already.
You made me curious.
>>
>>126130947
NG's gameplay is so smooth that everything looks great when stuff is happening and the player is not getting their ass kicked. I seriously don't know enough about the game to appreciate any of the truly intricate shit players were doing.
>>
File: 1355279794204.jpg (19KB, 442x369px) Image search: [Google]
1355279794204.jpg
19KB, 442x369px
>>126131271

>liked watching NG3
>>
>>126131427
I'm not going to clue you in, not because being in on a joke and excluding someone else makes me feel like a bigger person, but because the payoff to the buildup will be better if you're in the dark 'till it happens. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>126131631

What the fuck are you on about man?
Just fucking tell me.
Jesus christ, this is annoying.
>>
>>126130780

I can let go of the innovation and never done before things then, but the quality of the FBF entry aside from that is still undeniably amazing. From a technical and skill along with setup perspective, it beats out every other entry when rounded
>>
>>126131776
you're not gonna die or anything man dont worry about it
for now
>>
>>126132035

Is it one of these general's meme joke or something I'm not aware of?
Why do you like to torture me so much?
>>
File: wut.jpg (8KB, 224x220px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
8KB, 224x220px
>>126124224
outside of picrelated some neat stuff in there

some Tony Hawk inspired stuff with the way each individual move is displayed and chained on a screen

imagine a game where hero uses skateboard as a weapon
>>
File: Flails 3.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Flails 3.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>126130947

I was actually hoping to see some more of Vergil in the DMC entries because I'm a sucker for that, don't think anything really blew me away like some of the DMC entries in VST 5

I liked the RE entry with the dual boss fights even when it got pretty sloppy towards the second half. Really anyone who decides to take on those kind of challenges without resorting to cheesing like sticking bosses in infinite loops has my complete respect

That said, I can't really say the other two entries containing NG amazed me in any way, but that's mostly because I know exactly what was going on in each clip and because I've seen really amazing footage from non cgg players.
>>
>>126131776
Since the anon is being a fucktard, here it is:

There's a guy who's a retard within the threads and sperges about people who pirate shit. He always calls people in /cgg/ poorfags who don't want to support devs. Even went as far as telling indie devs not to come here if they want support due to anon's supposedly wanting to pirate his game.
>>
Don't people have anything to show in DMC vid other than starrave?
>>
>>126132559

That's it? Seriously?
I thought that maybe there is a big fuck you in the pirate version where you can't progress or enemies kill you in one hit or something, heard it happen before in other games.

Fuck, you got me good, scared the shit out of me.
>>
File: 1435653420359.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1435653420359.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>126132836

reverse star rave
>>
>playing NGS1
>normal difficulty(way of ninja, fuck you game, I'm no ninja dog)
>use healing items as if they were insulin shots and I was diabetic
>my playstyle is repetitive + spammy
want to git gud, how do?
>>
>>126132836
guard fly
>>
>>126133389

well you can start by beating the game first

baby steps anon, don't suddenly want to try and do vst entries on master ninja
>>
>>126133389
I'd advise you not to worry too much about your playstyle at this time, just do whatever it takes to beat the game on Normal, then Hard, then Very Hard, then Master Ninja (I dunno if these are called something different in NGS1, I've only played NGB).

You may want to try being more conservative with items though, just so you don't completely run out just before one of the really hard parts. There's one particular boss in chapter 13 of NGB (probably later than that in NGS since I'm told it has more chapters) for which, on Master Ninja, I had to save up the maximum number of every type of item and use literally all of them in order to get past it.
>>
>>126132836

It's all you see because that's all you understand.

Chances are, you don't even understand that- you've just heard people talk about it and know the basic concept.
>>
>>126133389
In a universe where ninjas are monstrously effective murdermachines with the discipline of a monk, the physique of a front-end loader, and the violence of a meat packing plant, I'd say being a ninja dog is still a fairly high station in life.
>>
>>126133389
roll-jump-roll-jump all the time -- it's the fastest AND the safest way to move around

hold Y when yellow orbs are nearby for faster charging ultimate technique and unleash it while you are invincible

start to hold Y when touching the ground for almost instant ultimate technique activation

use wind run (X+A) -- it's an automated invincible jump towards nearest enemy, if you press jump as you touch the enemy you will jump off his head, stunning him for a while

these are the simplest cheesing methods that will help you to get through a game
>>
Anyone know how the ninja gaiden games run on vita?
>>
>>126135424
Yeah, I don't understand shit (I don't even play DMC) but ain't you guys tired of watching it? Almost every video it goes like repeated starrave repeated aircombos with fast weapon switching, some Gilgamesh flying kicks then guns then Rebellion or Gilgamesh or more guns, rinse and repeat or mixed the order a little. It might be technically impressive but I don't see any creativity in it, in fact, most of the Dante vids I see are just show of skills with a mix of a little originality.
>>
>>126136584
like crap, sorry if thats your only option
>>
I don't know anything at all about transformers, will I still enjoy the game?
>>
>>126139149
It's a fun little brawler, don't expect the most technical action game ever.
>>
>>126136776

Here's your reply
>>
>>126117496
Playing as sam in mgrr when
>>
>>126142610
The guy was taking a break iirc from his last update, so probably not for a while.
>>
>>126136776
Judging from what you've said, I think it's fair to say you need to watch these videos frame by frame with a notebook besides you to study.
>>
>>126139301

I'm just a casual, I don't even come to this general that much or care about crazy deep systems and shit. Just worried that I won't get the story because I know nothing about transformers except that they can turn into cars and fight bad robots.
>>
File: bawkbawkbaaaaaawk.jpg (54KB, 600x395px) Image search: [Google]
bawkbawkbaaaaaawk.jpg
54KB, 600x395px
How do you guys typically deal with these faggots while they're DTed? I usually duck them out until they whiff an attack, but surely there's something easier.
>>
>>126136776

>I don't know anything about architecture, but I'm looking at these blueprints and it goes like corner corner catwalk, wood, brick. I don't see any creativity in it.
>>
>tfw getting both bayonetta 2 and Devil may cry 4:SE for christmas.
Just how crazy are my holiday's going to be?
>>
>>126147413
>Bayonetta 2
have fun with it. Not being ironic or shitposting. Have fun
>DMC4SE
with PC version, you will need some minor fixing, nothing too hard. You'll have fun.
>>
>>126147589
I'm getting the ps4 version of dmc
Also haven't played the first bayonetta so I'm really getting bayo 1 and 2
>>
>>126147819
>>126147413
you'll have near max cuhray
>>
>>126147819

I got the pack with bayo 1+ 2 too some time ago.
I have actually played bayonetta on 360.
Can't decide if I want to play bayonetta again on wii u then 2 or jump straight to 2.
>>
>>126112260
something like this
https://a.uguu.se/xqkmot_DevilMayCry4_helmbureakeruuu.webm
my webms keep going over 3MB fug

Was trying the basic aerial rave, divekick, lucifer switching combo loop. 1 attack per switch. sometimes the helm breaker comes out and this happens. I was surprised the inertia carries over through the helmbreaker.
>>
what are you getting for christmas?
>>
ng is dead
>>
File: v.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
v.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>126146731
no bricks
no wood
no corners
only. catwalks.
*does 10 helm breakers in a row*
>>
>>126154923
I wonder what killed Ninja Gaiden, same reason as DMC?
>>
>>126156341
same reason as this thread. Doing nothing with it.
>>
File: Bayo Villager.jpg (39KB, 412x160px) Image search: [Google]
Bayo Villager.jpg
39KB, 412x160px
bored
>>
>>126153295
>Implying there is a christmas without DMC5
>>
>>126162180
>Devil May Cry: Holiday Special anime
>Nero and Kyrie visit Dante and teaches him the true meaning of Spardakka
>while Lady and Trish visit Dante to get wasted
>>
File: ded.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>
Press A to not die
>>
File: Shocking Inertia.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shocking Inertia.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>126149840
Inertia carries over from Helm Breaker and Shocking.
>>
>>126134986
what boss would that be?
>>
>>126130947
>What did everyone think of the dmc

None of them were entertaining. I'll even say that the DMC entries for VST were pretty fucking ZZZZZZZZ compared to the past VSTs.
>>
Not sure why there's so much Bayonetta hype. It's not like any of you have or can afford Xbox+game or WiiU+ game. I post prices a thread ago and all I got were bums feedback and "please port to PC so I can pirate." lol
>>
File: 1410537207824.jpg (1MB, 1500x1925px) Image search: [Google]
1410537207824.jpg
1MB, 1500x1925px
Tips for parasite infested lizards on DMD? They're kind of kicking my ass, gotta be really careful.
>>
>>126169994
kill them before they go DT. If they go DT, smash your monitor in disgust or just kill yourself.
>>
>>126170198
I am truly suffering. This is Dante's section by the way, at least with Nero I could scum with Blue Rose and buster.
>>
>>126170279
Abuse charge shotgun shots and Distorted Gilgamesh hits if you're really struggling.

Otherwise learn when it's safe to juggle them for a bit and generally play it safe. They're cunts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jjMfv2lxY4

Kiritikafag or Korean anons, is it cuhrayzee? I want to try this out.
>>
>>126171832
this one too. They gave Nevan to a loli. is it cuhrayzee? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur1_yZBydTc
>>
>>126171832
Doubt anyone's even played it to tell you. Why don't you be the first and let us know what you find?
>>
>>126171912
I'd be interested in playing this one at the very least. Have you got any more information on it anon?
>>
>>126172020
I don't live in Korean. That's why I ask Kritika fag and the other Korean anons.

>>126172102
NO but I see other videos on that guys youtubes channel.
>>
>>126172020
Oh shit. scratch that. I CAN play this shit. Apparently it was released in Japan, published by Sega. All I need to do is make an account and I can play!
>>
>Alps
>Touhou
>In depth tutorials

I never asked you in the past so I'm going to ask you now. Why do you play the ultimate Kusoge?
>>
>>126173636
at least it's not picross tutorials
>>
>>126173636
>>126174067
>oh no, people like various games and have various tastes
>>
File: 4PZ2FxrO6HM.jpg (46KB, 482x573px) Image search: [Google]
4PZ2FxrO6HM.jpg
46KB, 482x573px
>>
File: lawse.gif (1MB, 330x312px) Image search: [Google]
lawse.gif
1MB, 330x312px
>"Christmas day" - KAIL

HOLYSHIT SON! THE RETURN!!!
>>
>>126175209
What?

>>126175185
Double what?
>>
>>126173636

There was nothing in depth about it, it was all mechanically basic. Have you even played it or are you one of those people that say Weather is a broken mechanic.

I play a variety of fighting games but being stuck in Korea limits me to Soku and Melty.
>>
File: 0b5rY2D0Wf0.jpg (13KB, 286x286px) Image search: [Google]
0b5rY2D0Wf0.jpg
13KB, 286x286px
>>126175449
>>
>>126175596
This just raises further questions.
>>
File: 1447095224320.jpg (15KB, 546x474px) Image search: [Google]
1447095224320.jpg
15KB, 546x474px
>>126175449
>What?
Nigga, it says "christmas day", are you blind?
>>
>>126175701
I have no idea what you're referencing though, or why.
>>
>>126175905
Kail, releasing a video on christmas day, that seems what they are talking about.
>>
>>126173636

I didn't know he played MKX
>>
>>126175996
People want a source, how dense is everyone here
>>
>>126176048
what is this, DMC5 news, no?
>>
Someone just fucking link whatever it is, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>126176381
For some reason he just set it to private, but I got the page open so downloading. It's just a DMC4 combo video. I have to say, he's been practicing a ton, his guard flying reminds me of guri but there was nothing innovating in the trailer.
>>
>>126176890
...... and uploading now
>>
What makes Vanquish stand out as a TPS /cgg/? I think it's good and I even replayed it purely for the gameplay but I just can't pin point what exactly is so good about it.
>>
>>126177079
You're downloading and reuploading a video that someone else set to private? Fuck you.
>>
>>126175512

Are you completely bling or have you missed how deep Korea is on the Tekken Dick

they also love KoF over there

holy shit son, get your shit together
>>
>>126178325
yeah i thought about that, let's just wait for him to make it public again.
>>
>getting rused this easily
there is no new video you idiots
>>
>>126178139
lot of cancels+movement options+fairly in depth meter management+nuance in movement/attacks
>>
Which weapons in Bayonetta aren't considered cheap?

I'm sure Pillow Talk is and "that" glitch is.
>>
>>126183269
Why does cheap matter, just play with what you enjoy, Pillow Talk is obviously silly strong but Kilgore glitch isn't even the strongest thing in the game
>>
>>126183642
I need muh weapon tier ratings before I can allow myself to enjoy a game otherwise it won't be real fun.
>>
Steam sales just started, DMC3/4, DmC, MGR and others are on decent sales if you don't own them already
>>
File: 1449777335021.png (25KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
1449777335021.png
25KB, 499x468px
>>126188238
>putting DmC in the DMC franchise page
Disgusting
>>
>>126183269
I don't consider Pillow Talk or the Kilgore Glitch cheap, desu. (and i don't use those either, it just doesn't suit me at all), because pillow talk fuck your ranking, and the kilgore glitch is not really that useful, laying 3 level 3 durga bombs is more useful.

And like, with every weapon you can get with some high damage, or quick kill, if you have enough meter and is using the right accessories.

Heck, you can even take entire lifebars of Rodin with Scarborough Fair (or any weapon really), by just having meter, and he will not do anything against it.

Just do what suits you best.

If you want to use low tier weapons, just finish the game on normal and use handguns for the rest of your life.
>>
>>126153295
sumeragi
I'm going to have a cuhrayzee Christmas no matter what
>>
>>126189185

Why do you guys dislike dmc? Seriously asking, not trying to troll.
Aside from FUCK YOU.
As a casual action player, I really quite enjoyed it and the story was actually pretty ok.
>>
>>126193510
>casual
that's why
>>
>>126193510
This question has been answered literally thousands of times.

>>126194738
Brevity is the soul of wit.
>>
>>126195242
>This question has been answered literally thousands of times.
Not him, but feel free to copy paste one of those times, just for my sake. I get that it's edgy and probably not as complicated as the other games, but as someone who has only played MGR and am part way through DMC3, really, what's the practical difference to me?
>>
>>126196870
fuck off
>>
>>126196870
http://pastebin.com/2FXP4B5t
>>
>>126197372

I'm not reading all that shit nigga.
Not the guy who asked by the way.
From the little I read, the guy who wrote that must be really autistic and butthurt to write all that shit.

DMC is a fun game, not perfect or deep but stil fun. It's by no means a bad game.
>>
>>126198089
>someone asks someone else to post an answer to their question
>I'M NOT THAT DUDE WHO ASKED BUT I AIN'T READIN THAT SHIT LOL

I am sincerely impressed by your stupidity. Not even kidding.
>>
>>126198089
Then why the fuck do you ask.
>>
>>126198089
yeah fun if you're a casual hahaha
>>
Why yes, anon, you're right! We HAVEN'T had DmC shitposting in a while. How kind of you to notice and even kinder to rectify the error!
>>
>>126198409

Like I said, I'm not the one who asked but would still like to know. Without going to autistic territory like that pastebin that is.

Summarize it if you want. Or don't, I don't really give a fuck. Also, from a pure gameplay point, I don't like the changes to dante/story either and I understand the butthurt it caused.
>>
>>126199005
>Or don't, I don't really give a fuck.
Okay, cool. Conversation concluded.
>>
>>126199194
>can't even answer basic questions
A U T I S M : C O N F I R M E D
>>
>>126199579
>>>/v/
That's where people that can't read more than two lines of text at a time belong.
>>
>>126193510
They stole a bunch of shit from the previous games but fucked it all up in execution and every new idea they had was either mediocre or broken
Nothing about it is good or interesting except some of the art direction
>>
>TWOAH!
>>
>>126197372
I always felt as this paste never properly explains how and why combat is bad in DmC.
>>
>>126209852
does the 4th section not explain enough?
>>
>>126210235
imo no.

Because not only that, it doesn't really explain why it doesn't have depth. It goes over stuff about how AI works but when they talk about the weapons, they just say "oh this weapon was already in the original series, it's nothing new!!"
>>
>>126130947
Personally think the DMC entries were lacking. Some of them weren't that amusing, others were good but not well refined. Don't get me wrong, there are some good moments, but it was overall more average than spectacular.
With other games I wasn't able to comprehend much of what was going on, so I'll reserve judgement. All I know is that a lot of it looked cool, but was unable to appreciate the coolness behind it.

>>126146090
Depends on the weapons you have. Usually you would want to use something like shotgun and JC that after you jump out of their attack, twice preferably, and then launch them (you may want to shoot with ebony and ivory if they keep on moving until you can reliably launch them). You can alternatively just shoot them with shotgun more than once. Of course this is not limited to shotgun, you can also use other attacks with knockback.
>>126193510
Why is it that whenever someone asks this, they add the "b-but i liked it"?
It feels like people are trying to say "I liked it, so should you".
>>126196870
Practical difference for you is probably none. I assume you're unable to even jump cancel, let alone understand the advanced techniques that were stripped down or completely removed in DmC.
>>
>>126199005
>>126199579
>I am replying to this fuckwit, I should kill myself
why DmC sucks
-inertia is gone
-game has a dedicated special melee button that does only one thing and one thing only
-distortion from DT is gone
-extra moves from being in DT is gone
-styles are gone
-lock on is gone
>le definitive edition
-definitive edition does fuck all with it apart for simplifing the double tap melee input
-JC hitbox is so large, knowledge of timing and positioning is redundant
-game relies heavily on strings for combos
-lot of combos are the same(mash button, 2 hit pause), lot of moves overlap in function(AoE or Crowd Control)
-Angel and Demon weapon/enemy restriction can go fuck itself
>le definitive edition
-In definitive edition, the player does reduced damage(if I recall correctly) and no hitstun for using the wrong weapon. It's barely a fix
-weapons themselves could have used some culling. Arbiter, Osiris themselves being the worst offenders.
Arbiter's special melee is practically Drive's launching function turned into a move. Arbiter's pause combo's function overlaps with Eryx's pause combo.
Osiris might as well not exist due to Rebellion, because their movesets are almost exactly the same apart for the ability to grab in enemies mid-air and prop/shredder.

so on, so forth. I am not even a high level player of either games and I can easily tell why one is inferior over the other.
>>
>>126117913
what part are you at?
>>
DmC is such an odd game to me.

I got frustrated, then i got curious, and last, when the game was released, i never felt like buying it.
And i think that even if the game was a masterpiece in the mechanics department for some miracle, being superior to every action game ever made to that point, i wouldn't even care.
I wouldn't play the classics devil may cry if dante wasn't dante, or the setting wasn't what it was. Yeah, there is all the depht and all the mechanics behind it, but i didn't know about them when i picked the game, and i personally wouldn't care about them if i didn't like what i'm seeing on screen, the character that i'm playing with, the enemies that i'm facing.

And i feel that way about DmC, even if the game had great mechanics, i still wouldn't feel compelled to play it in the first place.

But hey, some people like the game, i don't know why, i don't care why, and is not only casuals, there isn't few competent players that will spend more time in DmC than anyone would recommend.
>>
>>126178384

I live in a part of Korea that's underdeveloped compared to the average city for this country. Also I have nothing to play Tekken and KoF on right now, sue me.
>>
what's the best dmc game?
>>
>>126218327
DmC
>>
>>126218327
DMC2
>>
>>126167401
Awakened Alma
>>
>>126218327
In all seriousness, it's either 3 or 4, by far.
>>
Found this talk about attacks in Beat-em-ups, thoughts?
https://vimeo.com/149286999
>>
>>126219819
When the hell is that game going to be announced for a release date?
>>
>>126218292

Oh and I forgot to mention. If you really wanted to ask, my Ask.fm is a much better idea for questions. I could have missed your post.
>>
>>126218327

3 for me.
>>
I love DMC4 but I feel like shit for not having the Special Edition.

If I can run the original DMC4 with every graphic option at minimum, can I run the SE too or does it require a better machine?
>>
>>126221497

DMC4SE is MUCH less optimized. You might be able to do it at the lowest if you also hex edit a few settings so theres less blur and god rays, but it might still run poorly if DMC4 you could only do at the lowest.
>>
>>126221631
I see, I guess I'm staying at vanilla then, thanks.
>>
>>126221497
>but I feel like shit for not having the Special Edition.
Don't be. The game adds 3 characters, 2 of them are shallow (mainly Lady since Trish has a few things to work with), and one overpowered character that's extremely easy to use.
>>
DMC4SE is on sale and I remain a pirate scumbag. I hate myself.
>>
>>126169994
What's the white furry thing on Dante's left supposed to be?
>>
>>126225042
Looks like an Angel / Devil wing on each side of the chair, not his arm
>>
>>126224856

>tfw pirate

Feels good man. I actually use the money I get to upgrade my pc and then get everything for free.

I did buy non /cgg/ games this steam sale though, both portal games and both kotor games for like 10€. Again, feels good manl
>>
>>126225624
Well, I'm just poor af right now, so it's not too horrible of me, just capitalist guilt.

If I were going to buy something, it'd be a steam controller.
>>
>>126219819
>>126220368
I cannot recommend Ben Ruiz's blog enough:

https://aztez.com/blog/category/beat-em-ups/

His attempts of classification are often iffy and arbitrary his analysis on the existing foundation is solid:

https://aztez.com/blog/2012/08/23/the-history-of-beat-em-ups/
https://aztez.com/blog/2012/02/26/what-happens-when-struck/
https://aztez.com/blog/2011/01/29/the-mash-flow/
https://aztez.com/blog/2014/09/08/frame-by-frame-the-swords-basics/

According to their latest update game is about 70% done, so i expect 2016 release.
>>
>>126133389
Memorize enemy attacks

Memorize your weapons moveset

Don't get hit
>>
>>126224856
So what? The game is a fucking rip-off unless you never bought DMC4 previously. In a nutshell, you get 3 new characters, 2 of which might as well be one.
>>
>>126153295
I got to not be homeless. Yay
>>
>>126173636
Alps plays soku?

What up?
>>
>>126173636
And fuck you btw. Soku is super good
>>
>>126178139
Rocket-powered baseball slides mostly.

>>126233298
Thisthisthis.
Aztez actually looks super fun and you can tell that the devs are passionate about action games. I'm subscribed to their twitch/YouTube so I get to catch them occasionally when they steam.

Saur(I know most of you guys don't really care about him) did a breakdown on the demo if you guys are interested.
>>
>>126234468

Ye been playing for years now but I only started taking it seriously last year's summer.

What's your username/Youtube/whatever. Youmu scum reporting in.

Her learning curve at higher levels is one of the more brutal though so all that tier talk and whatever about her, not something I care about
>>
So guys, why is Yaiba so bad? I'm just about halfway through NG3RE and Bayo2, (enjoying both) but the first cuhrayzee game I've played was Yaiba, and I still think it isn't too bad. It has a neat art style, awesome OST, and I felt the combat flows really really well.
>>
>>126237598

>Yaiba
>cuhrayzee

Also Yaiba lacks a jump and generally good combat flow. It has less to offer mechanically than even DmC.

If Bayo 2 and RE are the only cuhrayzee games you played I'm terribly sorry. Get some God Hand or DMC3 in that diet, learn real cuhrayzee.
>>
>>126237938
> criticizes a game for not having a jump
> recommends God Hand

have never played Yaiba nor i intend to do, just having a laugh
>>
>>126233997
if only they were one...
v divider a dude into multilock missiles and then use trish divekick to build huge interia to abuse w lady's air moves

hnng
>>
>>126238219

Difference being God Hand isn't a part of a series that relies on the concept of jumping constantly

Retard
>>
File: digging_deeper_final.jpg (81KB, 768x459px) Image search: [Google]
digging_deeper_final.jpg
81KB, 768x459px
>>126238623
> concept of jumping constantly
I am going to imagine that you're the poster who praises Sigma releases for removing "stupid platforming challenges" for even more irony.

Chill, son.
>>
>>126239424

No I'm not
>>
>>126237938
>Get some God Hand or DMC3 in that diet, learn real cuhrayzee.

Wouldn't be wiser to recommend the best cuhrayzee games inside the franchises he has played? Like, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden Black or 2?

DMC 3 is a great game, but there is always the possibility of he not liking the style of the series, while the possibility of liking something that he is familiar, but improved, being better.
>>
>>126239706
> DMC 3 is a great game, but there is always the possibility of he not liking the style of the series
If anything, Bayonetta has a LOT more offputting and dick confusing features that might turn off a newcomer.
So is NGB with it's crushing difficulty.

I'd say DMC3 is the easiest to recommend out of those 3 especially how it's readily available even for the poorest of poor.
>>
>>126237598
>why is Yaiba so bad?
first DmC, now Yaiba?
Camera is shit (better on PC because you have the option to zoom out). Combat is dumbed down compared to previous Ninja Gaiden games, arguably as bad as 3. Combat itself plays nothing like Ninja Gaiden and more like God of War. Difficulty curve is inconsistent as fuck. Enemy design is shit, lot of them attacking off screen with little if not no audio-visual cues.
>>
>>126240045
I don't know about Yaiba, but if the person played bayonetta 2, it is possible that the person will adapt better to Bayonetta 1 than devil may cry 3. Don't get me wrong, dmc 3 was my first cuhrayzee, but things like: "what style do i use? wow, the game was easy until now, but cerberus is such a difficult boss" and stuff like that might happen.

Well, anyways, DMC 3 is an excellent game and anyone should play, and i say the same about Bayonetta, but in his case, whatever he decides to do is good.
>>
>>126172665
Did you ever figure this shit out? Supposedly you need a Japanese ip address to run it
>>
>>126240496

What you described with DMC3 and having problems is something that happens in a lot of games, anon
>>
>>126239424
Literally never seen someone praise NGS for that reason in this general.

>>126239706
Razor's Edge is a bit different. Your point still stands though, if he likes the worst playable NG game he HAS to like the better ones.
>>
>>126172269
>>126171832
>>126171912
Korean fuck hereno, not who you're thinking, I guess I could download/try it this evening.
>>
File: 14.jpg (60KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
60KB, 640x360px
> yaiba aka ninja gaiden z
> NINJA GAIDEN WITH ZOMBIES!?!??adsdasfda
>maybe we'll get RE4/NGB city exploring with a decent story
>or L4D style zombie craziness with NG2 mechanics and enemies with specific limb weaknesses
> get a shitty God of War ripoff with a terrible PoP:WW/GoW weapon system implemented
I'm still mad
>>
>>126246902
You know what, Yaiba really really REALLY should've been a spin off, set in either the Vampire War and you play as Joe (or Jo, or Ken, whatever) or just a general spin off where you play as Genshin.
Or fuck, bring back the NES games and have a side story with Jaquio or Ashtar or some shit, or hell, even play as Ashtar
>>
>>126247575
>Yaiba really really REALLY should've been a spin off
wait, it wasn't a spin-off? I always viewed it as such.
>>
>>126247996
meant spin off with Genshin or Joe/Ken instead of Yaiba
>>
>>126248097
>Genshin
and who the hell is he supposed to fight? there are probably more living jews that escaped from the camps than Dragon Ninjas in Ryu's clan after 1 and (during) 2
>>
>>126248505
Have him fight like some Vampire fuckers or some fiends trying to overthrow him or whatever. Its a Ninja Gaiden game fuck the plot. Just whip up something so we can play as Genshin.
>>
>>126248573
>Fiends
you could squeeze maybe 2 to 4 chapters out of them. besides, fighting humanoid enemies in ng2 is the best part
>>
>>126248573
>fuck the plot
you want an infinite fiend challenge room where you play as Genshin?
>>
>>126249409
Since Genshin is a fuckhuge guy, you could have him fight larger fiends, and have them operate as regular human enemies.
>>126249458
Yeah, it doesnt have to be a game, but just a mode or some way to play as Genshin would be amazing.
>>
File: 1404001776801.jpg (19KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
1404001776801.jpg
19KB, 620x350px
I'm writing a new paste to put an end to the "is Razor's Edge good" question that pops more often than not.

It'll be pretty basic, I don't want to get too in depth and make people not read it because "there is a lot of information bwahh".

>>126132437
If my memory serves me right you have a video that shows pretty well some of the shitty stuff with the enemies on RE, right? can you give me a link to add to the paste?

Anyway, I said it a couple of threads ago but if someone wants to contribute something NG related to the main paste on OP it is more than welcomed. Looking through it I think is getting pretty good with the stuff added lately.
>>
>>126250160
well... is there any menial task that needs to be done? like reorganizing shit or something?
>>
File: HayabusaNinja.jpg (15KB, 244x241px) Image search: [Google]
HayabusaNinja.jpg
15KB, 244x241px
>>126248505
hey don't blame them. not their fault they dont have magic dragon blood and a rare super sword
>>
>>126250521
Not really, someone already did that a couple of threads ago. I'm just saying that new stuff to put on there is always welcome.
>>
>>126250974
is there anything that should be there that isn't?
>>
I need study material. Besides Viewtiful Joe and Fairy Bloom Freesia, what are some other Side scrollers that qualify as cuhrayzee?
>>
>>126251498
umvc3 but dont mention it
>>
>>126251498
2.5D or 2D? check the pastebin
>>
>>126250974
not him, but i would say if it isnt there that at times the games combat system can have an over reliance on the Steel on Bone system and also on OTs
>>
>>126251460
there is always something more my fellow ninja
>>
File: Viewtiful Dante.jpg (58KB, 425x239px) Image search: [Google]
Viewtiful Dante.jpg
58KB, 425x239px
As a new indie dev, my goal is to one day produce something worthy of being called cuhrayzee.
>>
File: chapter 2 intro.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
chapter 2 intro.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>126250160

Uh, do you mean this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRHgBmAr-iA

I wouldn't exactly say it's a showcase of what I think is wrong with the entire game, just a highlight of how design decisions make it much more complicated to play without abusing some things. I intentionally avoided using SoB because then everything would've been reduced to just dodging and waiting until the enemies flashed red

I also wrote this a while ago http://pastebin.com/g3bve9k8 but that's just my personal opinion. If you want to take points from it to explain some things then feel free to do so
>>
>>126251541

It's a fighting game, and I'm sure you know DMC and Marvel are pretty close together, DMC3 has some strong SF influences but it primarily pulls from Marvel in the concept of jump cancels, air rave, etc.

but at the end of the day, it's a fighting game, as silly as marvel combos go, it's more about outsmarting your opponent even moreso in MvC2 when you have crossunder tridash locke guard break shenanigans, and that's entirely separate (gigantic) community that you don't need /cgg/ for.
>>
File: itagaki_in_his_prime.jpg (45KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
itagaki_in_his_prime.jpg
45KB, 512x384px
>>126252925
Yes that's the one

I forgot about that pastebin of yours, I'll check it out but as I said I want to keep it as simple as possible without going too in depth so people can get an easy picture of the game.
>>
File: 614721-itagaki.jpg (14KB, 624x200px) Image search: [Google]
614721-itagaki.jpg
14KB, 624x200px
>>126252925
>>126253465
Done, added your video and paste (why not? if someone wants to dig even further).

It might look a bit long, but I feel like from a neutral point of view it covers most of the usual stuff and it can give a quick impression about what's going on in the game without boring the reader with a lot of in depth stuff.

http://pastebin.com/4kd4xtTR
>>
jesus christ
NG ON STEAM WHEN
>>
>>126258384
RIGHT AFTER NINTENDO BRINGS OVER BAYONETTA 1 AND 2
>>
>>126258384
never. Get a Xbox 360.
>>
>>126258445
already played them on PS3
>>
>>126251498
Mirage Rainblood Chronicles
>>
File: 1357253882098.png (438KB, 845x467px) Image search: [Google]
1357253882098.png
438KB, 845x467px
>got a Wii U a month back
>decide tat it's about time I got myself Bayonetta and the pro controller
>am having the shittiest time trying to get a hang of the actual controller
Why must I suck so much?
>>
>>126258384
there's yaiba :3c
>>
File: happyfrog.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
happyfrog.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>tfw no Bayonetta on steam

it feels like there are no good hack and slash games for the PC if anyone can convince me of the opposite then the stage is yours

hack & slash games i loved playing on the x360 were Ninety nine nights, Bullet witch, Bayonetta and Kingdom under Fire circle of doom

i would be happy if any of those games would make it to steam but i guess that possibility is not existing
>>
>>126263358
>it feels like there are no good hack and slash games for the PC
>ignores DMC4
>>
>>126263697
sorry but dmc4 doesn't seem to be to my liking, i played the demo way back on x360 when it first came out and it was pretty boring to me it was way inferior to bayonetta
>>
>>126263358
>Owns xbox
>Plays action games
>Now wants to paly the same games on PC

Play the game on Xbox, again.

>RRoD
Buy another one like everyone else.

>Bumfag
No wonder you want it on PC
>>
>>126263831
i really appreciate your anger towards me

my x360 never had a red ring of death and i own it since 2006 and i still have it but i already played through those 4 games a dozen times and i don't have money to buy the xbox one or wii u or anything at all i'm a poor shit

>>bumfag
i do like asses and titties but they are no requirement for me if DMC4 had a ass smooth combat and a shitload of different weapon combinations like you have in Bayonetta i would actually play it
>>
>>126264087
But I don't get it, if you own an xbox and those game then what the fuck do you need a Bayonetta Steam Edition for? What is the fucking point of this? fyi most of the games on the list and also available for PC besides the main ones in which you probably also already own them too so I get why you need the same action games on PC.
>>
>>126264087
play dmc3 with style switcher
and then play dmc4

or vice versa
>>
>>126264275
i should have been specific that i wanted bayonetta 1+2 on steam i would be fine with just 2 aswell cause i never played it and can't

>>126264290
i will research into that thanks
>>
>>126264438
I would tell you to get a WiiU but
>buying a console for one game
unless you have other games that pique your interest
>>
File: 1443755304094.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1443755304094.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>126264438
Either you buy a Wii U or deal with it. Just like how I dealt with Tatsunoko vs Capcom being a Wii exclusive. This is nothing new, Nintendo and every console including the PC will always have one game that you will not get to play unless you open your got damn wallet. Sure bumfags can pirate, but when specs go up they can't play shit until they spend money. I hope Nier 2 is really fucking good and gets a PC release just so I can laugh at al the people pirating Nier 2 and playing it at below 15 FPS in a small window. They'll blame it on optimization, hahahahahahaha.

But yeah, nothing new.

Step 1: Get a job
Step 2: Make a savings goal for Wii U + Bayonetta
Step 3: Enjoy your fresh Bayonetta 2 dickings.

Sorry. I just have to get on the bumfags for port begging every other day.
>>
>>126263805
Get DMC3 on steam then.
>>
>>126265228
>Nier 2
>PC
pfft, will never happen
>>
>>126265228
>only poor people pirate: the post.
that's funny.
>>
File: KRISPY-KREME-PIRATE.jpg (234KB, 1536x1022px) Image search: [Google]
KRISPY-KREME-PIRATE.jpg
234KB, 1536x1022px
>>126266639
It's one thing to pirate a shit game but to pirate the shit you actually care about? Kill yourself. That's why no DMC5. you idiots were pirating DMC4SE.

>Where's my price drop for owning DMC4?
>Fuck Capcom, 25 dollars!? They're insane! That's too expensive, pirate!
>Anyone have a link to the pirated version of DMC

Can only laugh at how sad it is to hear this coming from core players.
>>
>>126267123
>getting this mad about piraters
stay mad.
>>
>>126265228

>implying people don't pirate console games
>>
File: kayo.jpg (99KB, 500x642px) Image search: [Google]
kayo.jpg
99KB, 500x642px
>>126267294
>stay mad.
>laugh
>sad

>>126267404
Still have to buy the console. That a bit too much for someone who can't even afford to buy DMC4SE for 24.99 off Steam and would cost more all together.
>>
>>126267670
>that pic
just how short is Mr. Wonder-Director?
>>
>>126267670
>buy used console for 100 - 200 bucks
>begin to pirate games
that's what i did for the wii and i have a huge collection of games on my harddrive.
>>
>>126267868
>buy a PS3 with OFC stuck at 3.55 with 1TB worth of hd space for 200$
>softmod it, install all the cuhrayzee stuff + more
that was a good christmas day
>>
>>126267739
Well, he is Asian, what were you expecting, Yao Ming?

>>126267868
>that's what i did for the wii and i have a huge collection of games on my harddrive.

Then why don't you teach these bumfags how to get a job at mcdonalds so they can buy a cheap as dirt X360 and begin pirating games for that? You can do it for PS3 too. Just buy a slim from gamestop, they reset the console below the patch that stops the hack. Now out of curiosity, what cuhrayzee game did you manage to pirate for your Wii?
>>
>>126268187
>implying everyone can actively look for a job within their area
>implying that everyone lives in an area that has hiring spots all the time

I have a job and I have to say that I'm fairly lucky since I got it relatively fast but not everyone can go to the unemployment office and get a job easily. Some people don't have any means of transportation at all. And in some areas, people aren't hiring.
>>
File: DO IT.jpg (38KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
DO IT.jpg
38KB, 700x466px
>>126268369
>Every time he breaks out the "bumfag" issue I have to break out the excuses
Dude, no one put them in that position except for themselves. Are they in school? Education level? What happened after? etc fucking etc. Not a topic for this general. LIFE!

Oh yeah this too,
>I can be on the internet every single day of the week, every day of my life arguing with autistic nerds. But no, I can never ever go out and find a job, because too far away.
FUCKING KEK.
>>
>>126267670
>legs and arms are too short
>hands and feet are small
3/10 try harder
>>
>>126264438
>Bayo 1 on steam
in an utopian unuverse, we would have the extra content from WiiU with short loading times and smooth framerate
>but it's Sega
we would most likely get framerate and loadtimes from the PS3 version due to shit optimization while no extra content
>Bayo 2 on steam
nevel in a mirrion yeals,
>>
>>126269672
jesus fuck you're depressing and lacking in knowledge
sega has been pumping out good ports with good sales recently
>>
>>126269839
Source?
>>
>>126270027
i guess the sonic stuff + valkyria chronicles on pc out of nowhere

idk what else but vc was pretty insane
>>
>>126270027
Valkyria is the most notable and there was this whatsherface
here
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sega-planning-string-of-high-quality-pc-ports-of-o/1100-6431226/
it was definitely not sonic lost world
>>
>>126270207
First, Sega of Japan as nothing to do with VC releasing on PC. Sega EU release that game and DID NOT have permission from Sega of Japan to do so. That's why SOJ region blocked the game on Steam. And second, It's fucking Sonic..... releasing in America. Like I haven't heard this a million times over last generation LOL.

Now, how many games did Sega of Japan release for PC?
>>
>>126268878
here's your reply
>>
>>126270616
>Sega EU didn't have permission from SoJ
whoa. what? did anything happen afyerwards?
>>
>>126271060
>did anything happen afyerwards?
I don't know, go check Sega EU's twitter or something. It's not like they're going to share what happens between meeting and personal matters, though.
>>
>>126270616
man, really? that just makes that release even more insane. i wonder if the guys who okayed it got fired or anything
>>
Post some fresh Cuhrayzee WebMs. I miss Cuhrayzee WebMs.
>>
>>126272276
Don't have any, sorry anon
>>
The enemies in God Hand, Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 were programmed mainly by the same person...

HOW?! What happened to him? Why did he manage to do something so bad after doing so right after years?
>>
>>126275769
>God Hand director:
Shinji Mikami before he turned to nothing
>Bayonetta director:
Hideki Kamiya
>Bayonetta 2 director:
Yusuke Hashimoto

I wonder why
>>
>>126276028
That is normally what i would believe, but i don't know, hashimoto was too close on bayonetta 1 development (designed all angels except beloved, was close to kamiya during all production), but yeah, the only thing that would explain bayonetta 2 being what it is is Hashimoto not being good as a director, which is totally believable.

But yet, someone would say that a lead programmer would still have input on enemy behavior more than the director.
>>
going to sleep. See you in the morning
>>
File: dante's bizarre adventure.webm (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
dante's bizarre adventure.webm
3MB, 480x320px
>>126279818
good morning!

>>126272276
>>
File: MadWorld.jpg (70KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
MadWorld.jpg
70KB, 256x360px
Just finished MadWorld. Was pretty fun but very short, gonna play No More Heroes next.
I was wondering though, how is Max Anarchy? I had no idea there was a sequel to MadWorld until just now, so I'm wondering if I should give it a try.
>>
>>126269434
Also a guy.
>>
>>126282726
fun, singleplayer is meh and multiplayer is ded
>>
blamp
>>
rip
>>
File: 1435697335678.jpg (204KB, 600x747px) Image search: [Google]
1435697335678.jpg
204KB, 600x747px
>>126288508
Clamp
>>
>>126267123
>That's why no DMC5. you idiots were pirating DMC4SE
lol you're the one who needs to suicide in a slow and painful way.

No, those who pirated the game are not responsible for the lack of DMC5, Capcom is, especially after pushing the reboot that is one of the main reasons why they filed for bankrupcy.
After fans made DMC4 the best selling game in the series (despite it's half-assed quality), shit on DmC while encouraging the purchase of the HD collection, and finally hyping up DMC4SE far more than DmC (lol an average of 100 viewers per DmC capcomunity stream), you would expect their loyalty would grant a DMC5.

This is the kind of flawed logic fanboys use: accuse the lack of another installment and/or death of a series because "you're not buying game X". No fanbase should have to prove their loyalty to such degree. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom wasn't aware of this fanboy logic and used it to their advantage. Just print out more re-releases with a few new features so that people eat it up, even if it's not even attractive to them, just because they believe they'll get a DMC5 if they throw enough money to the company.

And yes, you can consider me a core player. I bought the game, but not only do I not mind of people pirating DMC4SE, I encourage it. Hopefully the series dies rather than continue to get worse thanks to fanboys such as yourself.
>>
TWOAH
>>
File: 1445975166752.jpg (110KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1445975166752.jpg
110KB, 950x534px
>>126292429
Well said.
>>
File: taking a drive in dmc3.jpg (117KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
taking a drive in dmc3.jpg
117KB, 640x480px
Got the styleswitcher mod working for DMC3 thanks to that install guide, you guys rock.

Just a thing: I remember seeing somewhere that the current equipped style is supposed to be shown in text in the bottomleft corner, but I cant find anything in the .ini to enable that?
>>
File: 1422546421549552.png (600KB, 1012x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1422546421549552.png
600KB, 1012x1088px
>piracy debate
>>
>>126292429
While I do agree theat giving Crapcom any support is immensely dumb,
I also feel that supporting DmC is perhaps equaly stupid as it enables ninja theory's continued existance, and feeds that morons ego.
>>
>>126298231
that feature was changed to switching the UI next to Dante's health, a la DMC4
>>
>>126305293

I see. Gotta start remembering those colors again, thanks.
>>
>>126281452
good morning
>>
>>126308469
blue = best disregard all others
gunslinger shotgun foreverrrrr
>>
>>126308469
>>126312382
>blue
that's a funny way to spell Red.
Swordmaster Nevan all day, everyday
>>
>>126312819
nah you can jam session without red but you can't point blank without blue

blue #1
>>
File: 1431556720173.jpg (17KB, 366x288px) Image search: [Google]
1431556720173.jpg
17KB, 366x288px
>>126292429
>I'm not a pirate
Why are you replying to my post again? You do know 2016 is around the corner and we're no longer in 2013, right? Your 'DmC this' and 'DmC did that' means nothing to me.

>but not only do I not mind of people pirating DMC4SE, I encourage it.
And that's why you don't have your DMC5. Right there. I hope if there's a DMC5 it never gets a PC release. Well even if it does it's not like you guys have a powerful machine anyway, so actually it's fine existing on the PC, too. You'd have to spend more to play on PC than you would just buying it on console. That's funny, too, you'd spend money on the hardcore, but you encourage pirating the game. FUCKING KEK. Why don't you just plan a hit on some hardware truck and steal the parts you need for your PC too?
>>
>>126313503
i keep buying dmc and have a good enough computer to run them but dmc5 still isnt happening, not seeing your point man
>>
Make it stop, stupid shit nonody cares about.
People who want to pirate are going to pirate. The end.
Nothing you can do about it.

Nobody is going to change anyone's mind with autistic rants that shit up the thread.
>>
File: FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg (10KB, 300x391px) Image search: [Google]
FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg
10KB, 300x391px
>>126313503
>that shit is like, sooooooo 2013 omg gais get with the times!!!
Yeah I can tell you're trolling, as evident by your evasion of arguments by inserting irrelevant ones. No one can possibly be this stupid.

I recommend you put your neck between this rope, that is if it does not not break given your failure as a human being. In your shoes, it's plausible to fuck up your suicide.
>>
File: yukiden-masamune.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
yukiden-masamune.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>126316875
WHY ISNT HE BLUE ANYMORE
>>
File: yukiden-yukimura.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
yukiden-yukimura.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>126317054
Side game with an alternate reality that's supposed to be closer to actual history or whatever.
>>
File: Huc0yUf.jpg (326KB, 1808x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Huc0yUf.jpg
326KB, 1808x1016px
I should probably finish the SB wiki then.
>>
>>126317318
I can tell from the webms that they're going for a more authentic, realistic approach.
>>
>>126317858

>tfw no sb for the west
>ever

It hurts so much.
>>
>>126317928
Story wise. Shingen will play a smaller, if even any, role in Yukimura's life. Will focus on his brother and father. Apparently will prevent a few characters from coming into play for HISTORICAL accuracy.

Ieyasu would be an old man if he was here, but it was mentioned they won't do that. So, closer story wise to history leading up to his final battle, but still slightly less canon combat.
>>
>>126275769
the enemies (aside from 3-4 shitters) aren't that bad
it's bayonetta that sucks
>>
>>126316875
>>126317318
full trailer link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdZ-JkwsUmQ

woah that like/dislike ratio
>>
File: crazystorm.webm (341KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
crazystorm.webm
341KB, 640x360px
>>126320290
Maybe because they changed their dear Masamune. Maybe because they are showing this half a year since the last game launched. Who knows?
>>
>>126315137
But when it does you wont have enough power, just like Vergil.

>>126316338
>bringing DmC into the mix
>suicide
Suicide is right. You first.
>>
File: 144.jpg (340KB, 500x1914px) Image search: [Google]
144.jpg
340KB, 500x1914px
>bayo winning
Hope in /ccg/: restored.
>>
>>126321691
dmc4 obviously didnt have enough power either, what caused that
>>
So I've been getting into these games, played DMC, MGR, Bayo 1 and 2 and just got DMC4SE on steam.

I just wanna make sure I'm doing everything right because it feels, really goddamn boring. I'm playing nero and dante on the one above easy. The enemies dont even attack they just sit around and get wailed on. Not to mention it just feels clunky as shit. Is there someting I'm missing? Should I keep playing? 2 hours in and I'm just bored to tears.
>>
>>126325034
Devil May Cry enemies are normally more passive than in other games until you reach later difficulties.
>>
>>126326185
I mean I understand that but the only higher difficulty option is legendary knight mode and I figure that's a bad idea for a first time player. I put my controller down and it took them nearly 20 seconds to hit me, and there was 3 of those puppet dudes. Theres zero challenge.
>>
>>126325034
Keep playing.
Also Dante Must Die is recommended, everything below that can bore the hell out of anyone.
One other thing, in DMC4, the scarecrows are generally punching bags.Most enemies in DMC4 are either complete punching bags or unfair and annoying garbage.
No idea how it's close to clunky though, besides Dante's certain Gilgamesh moves.
>>
>>126326389
In terms of clunky I just mean I feel very locked in position. I don't like having to lock on to an enemy to roll, and I don't like how you get locked in place when you start attacking. Also how theres like half a second of delay before you character starts running just feels terrible. I'm assuming since its an old game I can just put cheats in and get the higher difficulties. I might try, I dunno It feels like I'm forcing myself to enjoy this.
>>
>>126326706
>I feel very locked in position. I don't like having to lock on to an enemy to roll, and I don't like how you get locked in place when you start attacking.

git gud

>Also how theres like half a second of delay before you character starts running just feels terrible

Umm, maybe you have some input delay on your tv?
>>
>>126327249
He's obviously talking about holding a direction for 2 seconds makes you sprint instead of jog, don't be dense, that's a legitimate criticism against DMC4.
>>
>>126327249
>>I feel very locked in position. I don't like having to lock on to an enemy to roll, and I don't like how you get locked in place when you start attacking.

>git gud

I'm not getting hit at all and getting S's and I dont like how it feels dont be a dick.

>>Also how theres like half a second of delay before you character starts running just feels terrible

>Umm, maybe you have some input delay on your tv?

No nero jogs first then runs. It even says so in the description of the run. It feels terrible especially coming from bayonetta where your freedom of movement is fantastic.
>>
>>126326185
DMC is a punching bag sim, the AI doesn't get better in Dante must die the enemies simply hit harder.

I feel OP DMC is boring unless you love to hit that punching bag with style.
>>
>>126327249
I think he is talking about the sprint...

And also...

>git gud

I don't believe saying that will motivate him to get better at the game, but motivate him to not play that game again..

>>126326706
>In terms of clunky I just mean I feel very locked in position.

I'm no devil may cry expert, but the movement options in devil may cry are weird at first, well, with dante you always have trickster, so that is good, with nero, your movement will be with table hopper, snatches, and some moves that moves you foward like streak etc. Nothing can be done about the lock-on, though.

Devil May Cry is an odd game to me, that got so used to other cuhrayzee (even if i started with devil may cry 3 in the first place), the game isn't as open, or understandable as other games, like people said, most dmc enemies are mostly punching bags, or something annoying.
>>
>>126327424
>>126327463
Oh, yeah, that and having to buy the ability to run are really dumb decisions , thought you meant you had to wait 2 seconds for the character to start moving.

Also, it feels like the most interesting part about dmc4 is getting creative with the insane combo potential instead of fighting really challenging enemies, as for the mobility complaint, you have to keep practicing to make your character move a lot, take look at donguri´s videos and you'll see the only reason why you feel stuck in your place is because you aren't gud enough.
>>
>>126327894
>the game isn't as open

Just to be clear, i'm saying this in the sense that the game isn't as open in telling the player what you can do. But it isn't a problem at all, is just a note.
>>
>>126327992
>Also, it feels like the most interesting part about dmc4 is getting creative with the insane combo potential instead of fighting really challenging enemies

Yeah thats kind of what it feels like. I think I'll just stick with trying to pure plat bayo 1 and 2 and refund this game. It just feels like the whole point is to shit on these defenseless enemies. I dont think I can really get into that. Its way more fun to style on dudes that can kick your ass if you miss one input.
>>
>>126328236
Maybe you should just play on a higher difficulty level, normal on dmc4 is equivalent to easy on platinum's games.
>>
>>126327592
They hit harder AND more often. The AI doesn't get any smarter, but it does get more aggressive.
>>
>>126267123
>>126292429
i bought DMC4SE AND bought it gift copy for some other dude who had it in it's wishlist

i don't like DMC4 for being unfinished mess, and even if finished it would have been likely inferior to 3 still
4SE is even bigger shambles featuring unfinished characters which magically makes the game even more unfinished 7 years after it was "released"
>>
>>126327592
>with style
thats the point man
>>
>>126331514
>DMC4 is shit, the post
as if everybody doesn't know that
>>
DMC4 really is the most boring game I've ever played. Everyone who continues to play it picks one of the 5 characters and then sit in BP doing combos over and over. That's it. That's not even playing the game.

And then you got one autistic anon who reads this post and writes up a shitstorm about how the many other things you can do in DMC4, and yet even he sits in BP all day long, posting BP combos. Go ahead, show yourself.
>>
>>126337180
Here's your reply.
>>
File: cgg.png (6KB, 214x393px) Image search: [Google]
cgg.png
6KB, 214x393px
>>
>>126337252
That's not false, though.At least the part about no one playing the game.
>>
>>126322624

>Young RWBY characters

Muh heart
>>
I want to play dmc4 on a portable gaming device that wont look too out of place while taking the train to work. Some things i googled are so big and look retarded. Namely the razer tablet with the 2 playstation move handles.

anyone know of a good idea?
>>
>>126337180
>That's not even playing the game.
That's literally playing the game. Pure gameplay. If story and such are more up your alley perhaps consider a different medium.
>>
>>126337410
You hid the DMC4 chain hate?
>>
>>126339086
What about a good ol' laptop?

You could also do crossplay with the Vita, but I have no idea of how it works.
>>
i enjoy dmc4se and playing trish
itd be cool if she had a shotgun instead though OK bye merry christmas and happy holidays
>>
File: 1450739683178.png (56KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1450739683178.png
56KB, 401x372px
Am currently on Mission 8 on DMD in DMC3. It's my first time through DMD mode in this game.

DMD would seriously be more fun if all the enemies just didn't Devil Trigger automatically after you've killed 2-3 of their buddies. It would also be more fun if DT didn't give them 100 times more defense. I swear, Itsuno went a little overkill on the defense modifiers for DT'd enemies in DMD.

At this point, it's not even that hard. It's just boring dealing with DT'd enemies. When they get DT'd, I'd just zone out waiting for them to finally die.

I fucking love this game so much. But I think that DMD is just poorly designed.
>>
>>126339924
>>126339924
Too big. I'd need a external gamepad and its too much of a clunky setup. It's often crowded so I need something that i can whip out quickly. Thinking more in the direction of an nvidia shield or those korean gaming tablets with buttons and sticks, that are sometimes posted on/g/. I can't find anything decent though.
>>
>>126342198

you just have to learn how to break DT shields

I enjoy the upped defense, but the fact that you have to jump through a million hoops to stagger/launch is a bit grating. Once you do understand it though it becomes trivial and the real issue is enemies attacking at moments when it seems they aren't supposed to or attacking during the tiny windows where Dante actually can't cancel
>>
>>126344715
It just gets so tedious.

What I end up doing often is that I hold the L1 button so that I can charge up my DT explosion to full and I line them all up around me and release it so that I can kill them all at once without worrying about that shit. Then I just taunt and kite until my DT meter is full again and I repeat the process.

Very Hard mode on DMC3 was super fun. There was none of the tedious damage sponge bullshit of DMD.

>break DT shields
What do you mean?
>>
>>126346036

If you have style switcher or SpoilerAL handy you can set an enemy to infinite health and dick around, the general idea is that when you do a specific number of attacks, the enemy you're fighting will enter a "reeling" animation, when they do, whatever attack you've done will either knock down or launch them up.

For a quick example, do 2 helm breakers on a pride using rebellion and they'll always fall down, or do 2 high times and they'll always be launched on the second high time.

It's a very static system that's easy to get used to but isn't immediately obvious, you can get a quick overview at the wiki

http://cuhrayzee.wikia.com/wiki/DT_Stun_Mechanics
>>
>>126339526
>That's literally playing the game.
You heard it here first. No story mode, just Bloody Palace with fully unlock characters will satisfy any DMC nerd. That's all we need for DMC5, should take much to create that eh mate? That's a small budget title right there. It doesn't even need to best looking graphics. Just give us 200+ levels with the same enemies and a few bosses. SOLD!
>>
>>126348690
You're projecting heavily. I never implied that.
>>
>>126348878
He's an obvious troll. I do recommend you ignore him and instead go to DmC.org, which by comparison has higher quality trolling,. A damn shame indeed.
>>
>>126348690
>capcom actually sold the mercenaries mode in Resi 4,5 as a cheap budget game

you know, I am kind of surprised Capcom didn't do that with DMC
>selling Bloody Palace the video game featuring playable everybody from DmC, 3SE, 4SE (with refinements) for 10,15 $

shows how much Capcom doesn't give a shit about/have faith in DMC I suppose
>>
>>126282726
>I had no idea there was a sequel to MadWorld until just now
It's not. It has a few of the characters but it's a totally different universe so the only thing that is the same is their personality. Jack's backstory is totally different, same with Bull, Black Baron, and so on. The game has nothing to do with MadWold at all, just want to get that out of the way because it's what I thought going into it.

>so I'm wondering if I should give it a try.
I got it for $5 used at Gamestop. It's worth a try. Mostly every character plays the same, a few people will have a different move or two like a divekick, but for the most part it's the same. Game was made for online battles and online is dead. If you want a single beat 'em up then it's worth it for the cheap price you can find it for. The single player isn't great, I beat it 4 times for all of the achievements and that just left me tired of it rather then wanting more.

For the price though, it's worth it. You can have fun with it.
>>
>>126339086
get DMC4 Refrain for the IOS
pfft
>>
File: DMC2FrontCover.jpg (33KB, 320x454px) Image search: [Google]
DMC2FrontCover.jpg
33KB, 320x454px
>Fight 3 fucking tanks
>Boring as fuck , just run between 3 of them and mash them until dead
>Ok, glad that's over
>lmao helicopter boss
>Fire rising
Jesus Christ fuck this piece of shit

Can I just move on to DMC3?
>>
>>126354710
Yeah
>>
>>126354710
yes
>>
File: DMC.dur.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
DMC.dur.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>126354710
but muh Despair Embodied!..
>>
So, be honest, will we ever get another DMC?

is vergil alive?
will we see dante in hell?

will nero learn about his bloodline? will WE?
>>
>>126355464
Literally the only good boss
>>
>>126356389
Yes.
>>
TWOAH
>>
>>126356585
Did Hideaki Itsuno say what he's working on recently?
>>
>>126356389
>will we ever get another DMC?
No.
>is vergil alive?
No.
>will we see dante in hell?
No.
>will nero learn about his bloodline?
No.
>will WE?
No.
>>
>>126358218
No
>>
>>126356389
Ask ur mom?
>>
File: 1439693058516.jpg (135KB, 888x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1439693058516.jpg
135KB, 888x1097px
>mfw trying to get a controller to work for dmc3se
cant seem to find a single working guide either
>>
File: 1446760486577.png (441KB, 1600x1548px) Image search: [Google]
1446760486577.png
441KB, 1600x1548px
>>126365039
>>
>>126365039
which controller, which software. Tried Googling those?
>>
File: 1446365866211.gif (1MB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
1446365866211.gif
1MB, 245x184px
I need pictures
Pictures of Dante in Santa hats
I know you fuckers have him
>>
File: 48120877_p0.jpg (158KB, 591x874px) Image search: [Google]
48120877_p0.jpg
158KB, 591x874px
>>126366796
>>
>3 way tie on Freestyle votes

Oh boy, it's fucking time for some drama
>>
File: 18ri0m0ac5415jpg[1].jpg (343KB, 796x448px) Image search: [Google]
18ri0m0ac5415jpg[1].jpg
343KB, 796x448px
So are all games like DMC welcome to this thread, or is it a circlejerk for Capcom and Platinum Games?

Who here Madworld?
>>
>>126367104
Oh shut up.
>>
File: 1413859432023.gif (3MB, 322x354px) Image search: [Google]
1413859432023.gif
3MB, 322x354px
>>126367137
>>
>>126367137
not this again
>>
what is the point of these fuckers?

They are no fun at all. You just hit them until they break and they have the stupidest attack that literally just tells you to get out of the way. theyre impossible not to read.

now I just walked into a room with 10 of them so im really annoyed
>>
>>126368608
good job anon
>>
File: DamnedPawn.gif (63KB, 403x352px) Image search: [Google]
DamnedPawn.gif
63KB, 403x352px
>>126368608
>>
File: dmc3se 2015-12-24 11-33-51-538.webm (920KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dmc3se 2015-12-24 11-33-51-538.webm
920KB, 640x360px
>>126354710

Don't forget your shotgun combos, and be sure to dodge a bit, and alternate your soft lock on strings

Also remember your sword does more damage than your guns, don't be one of those "Hold Square to win" idiots
>>
>>126368608
Have fun fighting them in mission 17 on DMD.
>>
>>126368741
Hm. I actually like the Chess pieces. Maybe because they were my JC practice targets early on.
>>
>>126358218
Dragon's Dogma the movie: the game: online (gone sexual)
>>
>>126354710
I skipped DMC2 and I have no regrets.

Also, NGB has tanks and a helicopter and they're much better.
>>
>>126367137
I didn't know Ninja Gaiden was made by Capcom/Platinum Games.
>>
>>126365039
Have you tried XPadder?
>>
ok so i've started practicing dmc3 for a ~week now and looks like i am getting better but i am finding myself in a situations when I don't know what to do a lot.Ofc I could be doing one of ~2 combos I learned or could spam JC something but that won't look good right? So the question rises what are the best places to practice/learn your combos?
Also I am getting hit a fucking lot. Any tips on that?inb4gitgud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-MpiAaE5Hk&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>126368608
it is time to learn JC
also you are in for a ride on the chessboard
>>
So are there any important differences between the 360 version and Wii U version of bayo 1?
All I can find is no screen tearing on Wii U, but I hear that the 360 version is better all the time.
Every single online review I've watched or read says the Wii U version is better too.
>>
>>126372652
they're really satisfying to jc hammer as fast as you can and i kinda assume they were built to introduce folks to that concept due to being so obviously designed to get wrecked by that
>>
>>126382886
Fuck Reviews.

The xbox 360 has better loading times in most situations (there is only one or two situations where the game loads faster on the wii u that i could notice).
Now framerate, in general, there are places that on the wii u are slightly better, but in certain situations, places and or conditions, it will get way worse than the 360 version.
So, in general, performance-wise, you're better with the Xbox 360 version of the game.
Now, about the extra content that the wii u version has, most things are pure cosmetics, the only thing that it adds gameplay-wise, is the link costume, that gives you the ability to parry without having an accessory, which means you have an extra slot.

Also, not really gameplay change, and not extra content, but Jeanne got her boobs "fixed" in the wii u version of the game (meaning they are smaller, like kamiya's tastes), and also, her taunt line with the Bloody Moon Equiped was fixed, in the 360 version, it would play bayonetta saying: "bring it", now they changed to a proper jeanne taunt.
Also, for some reason, there is this glow effect in the entire game, they changed how light, and some textures are.

So, the Wii U version is playable, it is good, and optimal most times, but if you can, get the 360 version.
>>
>>126383605
Thanks for the input anon. Are the framerate differences in the Wii U version bad enough to hinder my gameplay experience or is it just a small visual difference?
Because no screen tearing is a big plus in my book.
>>
>>126383605
>loading times

What's with this? I hear it all the time here. Does the game sit in a save state, then loads the environments and such during gameplay? Because of not, who gives a fuck.
>>
I have a question about the saves in DMC 1. I know that if I save in the middle of a mission, I still have to restart if I quit. I just wanted to know if enemy files are saved or do I have to redo those as well?
>>
>>126384137
I'm going to assume that you don't know about the game that much, but, in general, it will not affect you experience, mainly if it is the only version of the game that you are going to play, but, there are some situations where it gets annoying to me enough to get me frustated, and those are: Iustitia Fight, Jeanne 4 (or 3 if you don't count the flashback), and when you use an item called the gaze of despair (but it gets bad on both versions, but the wii u is a bit more annoying).

>>126384501

In a lot of chapters, there are some loadings mid-stage, they are normally masked under a cutscene, or sometimes the game tries to load while you're getting there, so it will normally be already loaded when you get there. The cutscene loadings are in general a bit worse on the wii u, but you can notice them on the 360 version too. But the mid stage loading as you get to some place, this is noticeable only on the wii u version (and i assume the ps3 too), while the xbox, you can use panther within, and sprint as fast as you can and the game won't interrupt you because one not finished loading.

There is also some menu loadings, and to change weapons and such, they are instant most times, but sometimes there will be problems on the wii u version.
>>
Does the style switcher mod the AI of enemies? I swear to god in all my years of playing I've never seen prides block so goddamn much, every five seconds my hits are being blocked and I'm legit being cockblocked because nobody is taking damage nor can I DT break anyone and I end up getting swarmed. I have NEVER seen this happen so consistently and I can't figure why the AI has decided to evolve all of a sudden
>>
>>126384851
Thanks again anon, I guess I'll go for the Wii U version for completion's sake and switch to the 360 version if I ever reach the level when those problems actually start to piss me off too since I have both versions lying around.
>>
>>126381705
Bloody Palace, mission 1 and 2, the boss rush mission and the places with some bells in them, I can't remember the name.

The combos will eventually flow naturally, but you could always watch videos to learn from others, and to don't get hit you can only glearn enemy pattersd
>>
>>126385751
Thanks. That helps.
>>
>>126383605
>meaning they are smaller, like kamiya's tastes
wii u confirmed best version
>>
>>126383605
>The xbox 360 has better loading times in most situations
Is the same, the two versions are the exact same. Why spreading missinfo though?
>>
>>126392846
Not him but that's not true, there are small differences.
I don't know about load times but the screen tearing is a very obvious one.
>>
>>126392846
Go to the chapter II.

When reaching the area of the first luka encounter, (verse 3), use the panther within and jump from far to the area the fastes possible.

In the wii u: she will get stuck in a loading, for the scene, you skip the scene, minimal loading.

In the 360: the scene will start instantly, and if you skip it, you get a minimal loading

There are differences in the loadings, i'm not spreading wrong info.
>>
THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I
>>
I've searched high and low but I can't find that blasted final broken witch heart in Bayo 1. Damn it all
>>
I have a ps4 controller can it connect to pc easily or am I stuck buying a 360 controller?
>>
>>126399570
Nevermind, I am a complete idiot.
It's the one that's in the very first chapter that probably should have been the first one I found.
>>
>>126399634
Use DS4Windows
>>
File: ninjagaiden-weapons.png (564KB, 721x492px) Image search: [Google]
ninjagaiden-weapons.png
564KB, 721x492px
>>126250729
> need super weapons to be useful
bullshit
>>
practice practice practice
>>
>>126403790
>posts least super weapons in NG
>does not include the Tonfa
>>
>>126395739
I WILL LAUGH LAST BECAUSE THE THREAD HAS DIED
>>
We just need a bit of TWOAH! in our lifes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orETo8rvjJQ
>>
File: 1355266390349.jpg (5KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1355266390349.jpg
5KB, 126x126px
>Razor's Edge

ehhhh

If anything we need less of this in our lives

also
>getting hit that much
>>
>>126409032
certainly doing better than I ever could in 3RE
>>
>>126409032
you didn't watch the stream, did you?
>>
>>126384636
enemy files ARE saved along with collectibles/secret mission status

But the time between when you started the mission and saved is added to overall time on the mission

Sometimes it's better to collect enemy files/blue orb/secret mission and save and restart because it's located so far away, it's faster to restart even with time accumulated rather than going back

Collecting enemy files is by far the most obnoxious thing to do in DMC1 because if you don't plan it ahead, it will take you multiple playthroughs
>>
>>126410621
maybe but my point is
>posting ng3 videos ever

>>126410729

nope whats that got to do with anything?
>>
did you gift your friends cuhrayzee giemu's?
>>
File: cuhrayzee frog game when.jpg (163KB, 1308x732px) Image search: [Google]
cuhrayzee frog game when.jpg
163KB, 1308x732px
>>
>>126414746
>practice practice practice
so what meme is this?
>>
>>126414973
Not really a meme. Or maybe it is in the most defined sense of the word.

Someone posted a video of F!tality1 or whatever his name is. That pro CS gamer from around the millenium. He's basically saying that you should practice alot. It's sort of inspired me since I've been a lazy ass. It's become my mantra.
>>
onechanbara is $20

yey or ney? does the game have depth?
>>
File: 3_1_Ryu_DLC_003.1355856239.jpg (212KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3_1_Ryu_DLC_003.1355856239.jpg
212KB, 1920x1080px
Merry Christmas CGG
HWA!
>>
>>126424273
Thanks anon, to you too!
>>
>>126424273
merry HWA! to you hwa bro
>>
File: smx.png (163KB, 450x245px) Image search: [Google]
smx.png
163KB, 450x245px
God bless Itagaki
>>
File: 6d722e.jpg (20KB, 385x500px) Image search: [Google]
6d722e.jpg
20KB, 385x500px
What do you all think is the right amount of HP a boss should have?

I just finished playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (yes, I know that Sigma 2 is the bad version of 2, but I don't have a 360) on Warrior difficulty and was surprised by how much damage I could do. Of course, this ability to inflict a shit ton of damage is balanced by the fact that it's hard to land a hit in the first place.

But I'm so used to the idea of bosses being HP sponges in videogames that I was taken back when I fought a boss who only had like 30 percent more life than my maximum life capacity.

It made me think to myself: "Why aren't more games like this?"

Pic related. Took me 15 tries to beat him, but when I did beat him, it took like a minute and a half.
>>
File: Itagaki aims.jpg (105KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Itagaki aims.jpg
105KB, 960x960px
>>126432225
RIP
>>
>>126433206
Absurdly large health pools are only as good as the fights are, Bayonetta 2 bosses have huge health pools but aren't fun to fight. Ninja Gaiden 2 bosses have medium to small health pools and for the most part, like you said, are pretty good. Genshin is actually really good in this regard, if you know how to fight him his health pool is actually quite small, but the first few times you go against him the challenge of the fight makes it seem bigger than it really is.

Wonderful 101 suffers from having large health pools with some uninteresting fights as well. There's only so much spectacle you can throw into an encounter without it being an enjoyable fight that goes on too long.
>>
File: 1415565614394.jpg (240KB, 1889x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1415565614394.jpg
240KB, 1889x1063px
Do you believe?
>>
>>126434467
My bigger problem with W101 is less the big health pools and more the lack of good checkpoints.

The big health pools could have been more bearable if there was good checkpoints.
>>
>>126433206
I think the more stuff boss can do(or the more ways to interact with him) the more health it should have and vice versa.
>>
>>126433206
depends on the game's mechanic and tone. Ninja Gaiden plays/feels like one mistake means the end for both sides(player/enemy). DMC and Bayonetta plays/feels like you are toying with the enemies even Bosses.
>>
>>126435285
no. Dante Clause won't be visiting us this year.
>>
>>126432225
Now that's what I'm fucking talking about. Man if only Itsuno had the same mindset. DMC is too easy man. They put too much focus on the allowing the player to look cool which leaves the enemies having no form of depth at all. Everything is rewarding for your moves, but nothing is rewarded for using your skill.
>>
>All these people talking about Ninja Gaiden

Now all we need is some other people to try getting good at it aside of that one single ng anon
>>
Actually no. We need people getting good at games that have more creative potential. There are already to many people who think how hard a game pushes you is the pinnacle of hardcore gaming. Fuck that shit.

NG3 is allowed. at least that has some cool shit going on.
>>
>Bought Freesia
Fuck! I never wanted to play Freesia, like, I really disliked the game, but I couldn't resist buying this game after seeing all your awesomeness during VST7. Fuck you. $3.19 is out of my budget, I should have just pirate the game, but I got it anyway, I did it all for you. Now I'm a super duper bum. Those 3 bucks were suppose to last me the entire 2016. Dammit.
>>
>>126423084
>onechanbara is $20
>yey or ney? does the game have depth?

No-chan here, not Oneechan. No, don't buy the game, just let me and Oneechan discover all the technical stuff. I mean, based on the stuff that Oneechan has already put out, if you can't make your own decision, then we don't need you to become apart of the Oneechans or No-chans. Btw they're different games. Nochan is kinda rare, it's also limited to the Asia region. That's why it cost more than Z2. If your'e looking at Vanilla then GG to you.
>>
>>126440930
>Trying to reverse psychology people into wanting to join your sekrit klub.
>>
>>126440482

How do you live with having such shit fucking taste?
>>
>>126440532

What didn't you like about Freesia?
>>
>>
>>126442671
>What didn't you like about Freesia?

Real reason: It's not that I "didn't like it" as I said, it's more so because there are other options, other games out there to play. And because of this, I pushed Freesia to the side and never wanted to get into it. I have reasons why I don't play certain games on the list with 90% of them not being that the game is shit or anything close to that.

The VST entry was presented very well which triggered my interest in the game. With Steam holiday sale being around the corner, the final decision on Freesia was a guaranteed buy. That VST7 entry literal sold a copy of Freesia. Good job man.
>>
File: 1450162429391.png (652KB, 893x683px) Image search: [Google]
1450162429391.png
652KB, 893x683px
Practicing the high time, prop, trick, rose, trick juggle starter. Want to link it into the air combo I've sort of been able to do occasionally now. The thing is still not constant, but it's done something to the way I play.

Sometimes people would say
>tfw when you do something cool accidentally but can't do it again.
But I nver got that. But it does occasionally now. I feel like i've grown a bit.

/blog

>>
>>126440432
I am trying to git gud with it, game appeals to me because it's the least strenuous for my hands from out of all of the cuhray so far. Wish my senpai didn't hog the TV all the time, though
>>
Sorry if this is an obvious question but the FAQ didn't list this.
My PS3 is having trouble reading the DMC HD disk?
I think it's just too thick.
It reads Bayonetta and other disks fine, but I think the DMC HD disk is just too thick for some reason.
It might also be too heavy for the console to pull in with its weak pullers or whatever it uses?
Idk
>>
File: 1355880632284.png (376KB, 541x473px) Image search: [Google]
1355880632284.png
376KB, 541x473px
>>126124224
>enjoyed DmC
>>
File: still_ryu_b.jpg (75KB, 700x397px) Image search: [Google]
still_ryu_b.jpg
75KB, 700x397px
>>126440482
>NG3 has some cool shit
>>
File: datface.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
datface.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>126440482
>liking 3RE unironically
>>
>>126452694
What?

Maybe you should go refund it.
>>
File: Kotori TRAP.jpg (111KB, 736x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Kotori TRAP.jpg
111KB, 736x1041px
Where are the XMAS Combo MADs!!!!!!?????
>>
File: ss (2015-12-25 at 01.44.43).png (20KB, 646x387px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-25 at 01.44.43).png
20KB, 646x387px
HALP! Nothing is happening and I want to play already!
>>
>>126460513
Skip the update. It's the only way you can play the game. It's something involving the demo and the publishers still haven't fixed this problem.
>>
File: ss (2015-12-25 at 02.12.22).jpg (42KB, 322x272px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-25 at 02.12.22).jpg
42KB, 322x272px
>>126462084
THANKS ANON!
>>
>>126458412
>>126457525
notice how it's movement is a lot faster when compared to enemies than it was in NG 1 or 2. It is this evolution that we should embrace, for it will give the games dmc4 levels of cray
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9TO0MGJBc4
>>
Is this normal game speed? It looks so slow. But good rushing I think.
>>
I've finished a few more SB Wiki pages, and also added information on how moves are tracked.

http://cuhrayzee.wikia.com/wiki/Sengoku_Basara_Mechanics#Move_Usage_rules

It's cute.
>>
>>126464290
Is this actually no-turbo speed, or is this video actually slower? It looks extra slow. Im almost sure it is.
>>
>>126463948
faster is not better, especially not for the unbalanced mess that is NG3
>>
>>126464689
It seems that is normal speed, it is what it feels like on my vanilla in my 360.
>>
>>126464932
The speed feels slower than normal.
>>
File: 1439896507999.jpg (73KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1439896507999.jpg
73KB, 400x500px
>>
File: 1340993835774.jpg (46KB, 941x699px) Image search: [Google]
1340993835774.jpg
46KB, 941x699px
>>126468604
>>
MAN THE HARPOONS
STEAM IS BEING HACKED
CHECK YOUR FUCKING LIBRARY
CHECK EVERYTHING
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 766x511px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 766x511px
>>126469639

>I'm sure this is bullshit
>check library
>all seems ok
>go to store
>it keeps changing languages

The flying fuck
>>
>>126469639
It feels good that I never bought into the Steam scam.

But I wish the rest of you good luck, and I hope that you enjoy the inevitable free 60 steam bux that you'll get as an apology after some hacker distributed your credit card info through a pastebin.
>>
>>126385062

I have found all modifications to the game change the AI in some way. Widescreen increases their field of view and style switching seems to increase their overall activity
>>
>>126470962
>only ever use prepaid cards

Feels good man.
>>
>>126471774
>Never stored my financial info on steam

And people talked shit about this. And I still have my money intact on my Steam Wallet.
>>
>>126472412

>mfw I did

Seriously hope nothing bad happens.
I didn't get any emails yet.
Can't check bank account so I'm not 100% sure though.

ANYWAY, PANIC
>>
File: 1441021859976.jpg (1MB, 7000x7000px) Image search: [Google]
1441021859976.jpg
1MB, 7000x7000px
>>126473481
>Steam hacked
Holyshit. holy fucking shit man.

I see something about not unlinking your shit, what the hell are they talking about, what's does linking your info even look like? I've always use my Paypal account to buy things on Stream and when asked to save my info I always uncheck it before buying the item. This morning around 10am I purchase a few gifts for friends.

AM I SAFE? NIGGA AM I SAFE? SOMEONE RESPOND!
>>
>>126476169
You're safe
>>>/v/321444386
>>
>>126476320

>tfw had to go to /v/ to check info about this shit

I had forgotten how fucking retarded the people on that board is.
>>
File: 1429489471988.gif (1MB, 209x180px) Image search: [Google]
1429489471988.gif
1MB, 209x180px
>>126476320
Thank goodness. I've lost 10 pounds in the last few minutes stressing over this bullshit. Thanks man. As a reward I'll gift you a cuhrayzee game.
>>
File: 1274279569667.jpg (15KB, 222x256px) Image search: [Google]
1274279569667.jpg
15KB, 222x256px
>>126476921
allright, how about lords of shadow 2?
>>
>That moment you get the sudden urge to just fight Sam again

Is that one of the best rival fights ever? I still like both Vergil and Jeanne more, but there's just something about fighting this smug ass samurai by the side of the highway at sunset.
>>
>>126478606
>Is that one of the best rival fights ever

no, the moment you get his health down to 1/3, the game basically forces you to disarm him, then it's no fun allowed for a good ten minutes until you whittle his health down so he'll pick up the sword and be marginally fun again
>>
Would a friendly anon be willing to upload their iso of Sengoku Basara Utage? Torrents are so slow with only one seeder and I can't seem to find a DDL for it.
>>
>>126478606
Too bad the bosses die super quick once you know what you're doing.

I have to hold myself back in order to get to the cool parts of the songs.
>>
>>126480140
don't upgrade your sword?
>>
>>126480390
Too late.
>>
>>126480441
wooden sword then?
>>
>>126480543
Yeah, I guess that'll do.

Nowadays I only go back to Rising to either fight Sam or Amstrong anyways.
>>
>>126478606
>s that one of the best rival fights ever?

No, it's super fucking tedious. It's a railroaded fight that always turns out the same. He's also piss easy to beat
>>
>>126480014

https://mega.co.nz/#!RQNRQYpY!zOqlc2Lv9fyG5H8d2ffMw7PDZ0Xr0Zw7DxKYvZDWQac
>>
File: 1445763649342.png (596KB, 1012x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1445763649342.png
596KB, 1012x1088px
>>126478440
>lords of shadow 2?
I was being serious. I don't think LoS is worth the funds man.

RIP LoS VST guy
>>
>>126476169
>implying this isn't a false flag to charge 9.99 for steam.
>>
>>126464290
This is incredibly boring to watch.
>>
>>126483493
Thanks senpai.
>>
File: Innovation Pan.webm (1MB, 850x450px) Image search: [Google]
Innovation Pan.webm
1MB, 850x450px
>>126480140
>Too bad the bosses die super quick once you know what you're doing.
Literally my experience with Devil May Cry 3 Vergil mirrors.

>I have to hold myself back in order to get to the cool parts of the songs.
You have no idea how my of a nerd I am when it comes to good music attached to epic battles, but you're about to find out in a scond;

>Vergil 2
Now if you are a true OG DMC3 player, you'd know that you CANNOT let him phase 2 until the song gets to the 2nd chorus sample.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mi11pfUUrk

At 1:01 is when the fight begins. Begin walking. If you run, restart the fucking battle you moron.

C2 of the song begins at 1:40 in the link above. If Vergil is not saying the line, "You will not forget this Devil's power, you are not worthy as my opponent" FUCKING RESTART YOU ASSHOLE. YOU DUN FUCKED UP! Make sure you have enough room and beginning cycling through taunts. Now the most important part.... this is key to entire fight and can make or break any Vergil 2 fight. This is one of the greatest moments in boss battling history. It is a game changer. It is innovation. One of young Itsuno's greatest feats. MAKE SURE THE CAMERA AUTO PANS DURING START OF PHASE 2. If you fight this up, no matter how good you think your V2 fight is, it can never be anything on the level of god tier. That shit is so epic that the fucking game does it on its own. The player doesn't even move the camera, it's takes a mind of its own due to the sheer epicness that is happening on the screen. The pan is love, the pan is life. May the Pan be with you during your battles.
>>
>page 10
so christmas is reached/reaching its end. What does your haul look like?
>>
>>126488746
All I bought was Dishonored on Steam.
No other game interests me at the moment. In fact the only games I've been looking into were mostly on consoles.
>>
>>126488746
The same because DMC4 SE is digital.
>>
I can't find the 3th and 4th verse of chapter II of Bayo 2.

Help pls, if you're part of the 1% who played this game.
>>
>>126490120
The 3rd verse, you see the scene where Loki summons the giant wave, and the prompt to dodge, dodge, enter witch time, but instead of going foward, go back to the arena of the last verse.

The 4th verse, you have to enter the building, walk until you get the message of the place you are in, and then you go back outside.
>>
File: 1429586047415.png (124KB, 304x450px) Image search: [Google]
1429586047415.png
124KB, 304x450px
>>126488746
Well, I got some nice sweaters and a scarf, maybe I could cosplay as alt Nero if I get the coat.

And I think I'll finally order God Hand online.
>>
File: 18363_front.jpg (83KB, 640x894px) Image search: [Google]
18363_front.jpg
83KB, 640x894px
I know it is not related but I also know some of you fucks played this game, it is normal to die like a little bitch a lot? Sometimes it feels harder than it should holy shit is making me as mad as NG did the first time I played it.

Also the game is good (didn't like the first one) but would be better without all the filler missions and just pure straightforward action instead.
>>
File: 1443633959406.jpg (141KB, 1400x393px) Image search: [Google]
1443633959406.jpg
141KB, 1400x393px
>>126486272
It's been a while since I've had Vergil mirrors, but I always have a good time when fighting Vergil 2 and 3 as Dante, especially because I'm a scrub and I still struggle in the harder difficulties.

I've done some of that stuff like walking instead of running, and taunting while he starts his DT, but from what you said and posted I feel like I can definitely improve.
Do you happen to have some footage of your fights? You really know what you are talking about and I'd like to see it in full detail.

Oh yeah, and here is my favorite mix of the song. It really has spoiled me, since whenever I think of the song, this mix comes to mind instead of the original version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr0nhN3Uj9Y
>>
>>126491362
Damn, I'd really like to help you, but I've only completed the first game.

But I did try the training mode and mission 1 of ZoE2, and I really enjoyed how the pace of the game and the amount of things you can do changed in comparison to the first one.

I also gotta say that ZoE1 got really good towards the end, especially when fighting against the pink mecha, and once you pick up the multiplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecc1TvJukWA
And just from rewatching the intro I feel motivated to try out 2 right now, that video is too hype.
>>
>>126491362

>Didn't like the first one

the first one is fucking godly, up/down dash cancels all day, behind the enemy grabs, bouncer setups, fuck me I might just turn on my copy again
>>
File: 1416700292107.jpg (89KB, 498x580px) Image search: [Google]
1416700292107.jpg
89KB, 498x580px
>>126494196
>the first one is fucking godly
>>
asoijpdoal~xzdacíu
>>
HWA
>>
I got Transformers: Devastation this year for Christmas, and even though I'm enjoying it, I'm having mixed feelings to some extent as well.

Just feels like a phoned-in cash-in. It's GOOD mind you but it doesn't feel all that fresh or original. It's interesting that the level design seems to be more open than previous Platinum Games, so that's cool I guess.

I tried doing the hardest difficulty that's available right from the start, but I couldn't get past Devastator, so I went back and played on Normal instead. That was unexpectedly hard.

Any advice, I guess?
>>
>>126501553
don't go for the hardest difficulty from the get-go. Game was never designed for that because it was designed for you to grind the shit out of weapons
>>
>>126501553
I got it myself for christmas and beat it on commander mode on my first run (this morning, actually).

Weapon synthesis goes a long way, I thought this video explained it well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpFkcfOWt8A

I actually didn't synthesize any weapons when fighting Devastator for the first time, though, so it's far from necessary. Other than that, you can get focus on every single attack he does by dodging and it doesn't even matter what combos you use since your combo finishers are you best means of doing damage early on and they render you completely invulnerable while you do them.

You can use healing items if you need to, it's your first run after all. Not to brag because I consider myself pretty shit by /cgg/ standards but I think the game is pretty fucking easy for the reasons mentioned previously. Just take some time to understand his attack timings and he'll basically never hit you. You can drive around the arena and run stuff over and it might drop health. I played most of the game as Sideswipe.

>>126501986
>don't go for the hardest difficulty from the get-go
Seems like bad advice to me because after learning the systems of the game I found it to be extremely easy.
>>
>>126494324

tell me where you live and I'll fight you to the death
>>
>>126501553
It probably wasn't hard, you just got bored midway through fights because enemies are damage sponges. Like >>126501986 says, you really have to progress regularly through the difficulties to get better weapons with better stats, otherwise it's gonna be boring shit.

(It was still boring as fuck for me, and yes, super phoned-in. Couldn't bring myself to finish it before uninstalling)
>>
File: 1407011125234.jpg (330KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
1407011125234.jpg
330KB, 960x895px
>>126502120
>>
>>126492764
I liked 2 but I wasn't really in love with it. I felt like it was a good game but not really a great one imo.

Playing through it, I felt like I could see EXACTLY why people wanted a third game, as I feel like a third one could really expand the gameplay and truly be an incredible game. Shame it won't ever happen now, it really is. Could've been hype as fuck.

I should play through it again too.

>>126501986
Yeah that was my guess as to why it was so fucking hard. I decided that I was going to try playing Hard Mode right off the start when it came to these kinds of games, since I'm pretty experienced with them now, after playing through multiple of them on their highest difficulties, but it was clearly nigh-impossible to do it with your default weapons.

I beat the first chapter, which took a long, long time for me, like 1 hour and 45 minutes, mostly b/c I dilly-dallied around a bit. Did every mission but two and got a B-rank overall, so yay for me?

I think I like Sideswipe the most out of all the playable characters. Dat teleport

>>126502103
>I got it myself for christmas and beat it on commander mode on my first run (this morning, actually).
Fuck you, I fucking suck

How long is it?
>>
File: Rodin_Santa.png (264KB, 477x675px) Image search: [Google]
Rodin_Santa.png
264KB, 477x675px
I want to get good at Bayonetta 2 but I stink. Please help me.

I can't even get platinum medals on 1st Climax. What do I need to do to get a good combo score?
>>
>>126502723
Kill enemies fast, don't get hit at all, and never let your combo string to end.
>>
>>126502441
Actually that was a misleading way of phrasing it, my fault. I didn't buy it ON Christmas, I bought it a couple days ago and excused the purchase with the flimsy logic of it being a present for myself (pro-ass rationalization, I know).

Playing on commander difficulty it took me roughly eight hours. I'd give you an exact total but I'm a bit paranoid about logging into steam right now, so eh. I expect you'll get about half that time if you play through on whatever they call normal mode and quit, which is why I don't think anyone should play through a platinum game on anything other than the highest difficulty that's offered right off the bat. To each their own, though. I just feel like you'll be short-changing yourself by making an already easy game easier.
>>
>>126502441
also
> but it was clearly nigh-impossible to do it with your default weapons
IDude...not even close. Like I said, I'm shit tier at /cgg/ games and I managed it. I can't remember if the game gives you a chance to equip weapons that you've found before you fight Devastator, but if not then I guarantee the fight is doable with default weapons, and if the game DOES give you a chance to equip other weapons before fighting him then you can do that.

The first time you fight him you don't even have to drain his entire health bar, if I remember correctly. The game's just mindgaming you.
>>
>>126502723
1st Climax is hard to get platinum on because everything dies too fast
Just finish your combo strings and hit your Umbran Climax. Also look up the save copy abuse trick
>>
>>126502723
Bayo 2 is way, way easier than the first game dude.

Listen to what >>126502795 this dude is saying. also continuously shoot at enemies with the Y button to keep your score alive while you don't have any opportunities to attack (you might be too far away to him them or something), while you close in.

Also backtrack and explore off the beaten path to find Secret Verses and Muspelheims, which you need to complete to get a better score.

Learn how to dodge offset and practice.

>>126502867
I was planning on playing it multiple times, as that it is what I do with Platinum's games and cuhrayzee games in general.

>>126503067
H-hey man, d-don't make me feel bad about myself.
>>
>>126499046
pls post the ng and ng2 comics

the "lol three bosses" ones

i am having a really hard time dredging them up you seem like you want to post random ninja gaiden images
>>
File: NGB.gif (125KB, 410x3356px) Image search: [Google]
NGB.gif
125KB, 410x3356px
Not him, but here
>>
File: NG2.jpg (219KB, 408x2948px) Image search: [Google]
NG2.jpg
219KB, 408x2948px
>>
>>126504252
>>126504557
thank you, i was having a hard time finding these again. should have saved them last time i saw them
>>
Fuck it, I'm gong to play more Transformers.
>>
File: 1450141555952.jpg (69KB, 511x604px) Image search: [Google]
1450141555952.jpg
69KB, 511x604px
>>126507890
>>
>>126509148
I'm on a new computer. Does anyone have that one screencap showing the timeline of DMC reactions and damage control?
>>
hwa
>>
File: 1447015845799.png (255KB, 816x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1447015845799.png
255KB, 816x1356px
>>126507890
>Transformers
>>
>>126484012
I appreciate it, but I'm good and wouldn't even know what to ask for.

>>126488901
You found any cool tricks yet?
>>
practice practice
>>
in bayo 1, is it better to get items or halos from angel attack?
>>
>>126516709
I always exchange them but there might be some item you want. Even if you do exchange them you still have a lot of items to concoct
>>
「PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE」
>>
File: rara.png (523KB, 714x535px) Image search: [Google]
rara.png
523KB, 714x535px
I'm just getting into these sorts of games. Is DMC4 Special Edition and DMC3 Special Edition, on steam, the best way to play those games? Or should I emulate? or what?
>>
>>126513365
>You found any cool tricks yet?
No? I'm just playing the game normally. I'm not trying to dissect every game that I play.
>>
>>126521920
>DMC4SE
PC version needs a couple of tweaks if your PC isn't that strong and even then the game will have some oddities like frame dips when entering new room/encounter.
>DMC3 SE
Install Style Switcher mod to fix the performance, piss easy to do anyway.
>>
>>126524098
>I'm not trying to dissect every game that I play.
I'm not saying you should dissect every game, but I heavily recommend you do so for this one.
>>
Freestyle still tied.
>>
>>126526621
It should stay that way.

Then we have them challenge each other by playing their competitors games and fight for the win.
>>
File: Naotora.Ii..jpg (206KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Naotora.Ii..jpg
206KB, 500x750px
Fucking hell. Temco, you had ONE job, ONE job and you manage to fuck it up by putting in the wrong girl. Got dammit.
>>
post more I'm bored
>>
What game should I play today? I've got a lot of opinions.
>>
>>126533960
For someone with a lot of opinions I'd recommend DmC.
>>
>>126533960
DMC3
Mass Effect
Besiege
MGR
Okami
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Dishonored (sorry, been playing it a lot recently)
>>
>>126534027
>DmC.

Hey, I said a lot of opinions!

>>126534210
>DMC3
NO! Please no.

>Mass Effect
>Besiege
What?

>Okami
I've actually never played this but always hear many praising it as one of the best Kamiya games.

>Fairy Bloom Freesia
I really should.

>Dishonored
>FPS
>FPS Melee

Y'know, the one time I actually liked a game using this concept was back on the Xbox, some game called Breakdown.
>>
>>126534701
Yup, DmC would be the perfect game for you. I can tell.
>>
oh shi i've deleted my video too late and it is on the voting list right now
fuuck

btw how do i find good dmc videos w/o style switcher mod?
>>
>>126534701
>NO! Please no.
why not?

>What?
do you live under a rock?

>FPS Melee
It's FPS Melee+Stealth
Dishonored does an ok job at it but the problem is that it gives you too much power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZgnXjXk2N0
>>
>>126535507
Dishonored barely has anything resembling a melee combat engine.
>>
>>126534701
>Some game called Breakdown.
Breakdown was amazing for it's time, but very clunky. Amazing wow moments in there.

>>126535601
Sadly it doesn't.
The sliding gives enemies a little shove
There's jumping attacks
but apart from that and it's edgy too leet for skeet finishers it hasn't got much.

It's gadget and power mixing are interesting though and is where the fun is at. It's got quite some advanced tech if you're willing to invest time in a game that also lets you win by walking up to a dude and clicking once.
>>
2 Hours...

2 Hours to complete stage 5, that was mostly spent on agni and rudra....

Well, at least now i know how to royal block and release something.
>>
>>126535507
>why not?
Because it's DMC. I only want happy thoughts for the entire day.

>do you live under a rock?
No. I found it weird that you would recommend those games. When I said options I meant action games only.

I'm playing Freesia right now.

>>126536765
Yeah man, Breakdown was fresh af. Some scary/weird shit going there too.

>>126537753
>2 Hours to complete stage 5, that was mostly spent on agni and rudra....
The fuck are playing, vanilla DMC3?
>>
>>126539730
>Because it's DMC.
But DMC3 is one of the better action games out there. Not sure if you're trolling or being stupid.
>>
I was given a $20 psn card yesterday so I decided to get Onechanbara Z2, is it gun be okay?
>>
>>126502723
Bayo 2 has a shit ton of air combos also abuse the umbran climax
>>
>>126540623
>I bought this thing already
>tell me about it
This is the dumbest shit. You should be doing it before you purchase it. Just fucking play it if you already own it you lazy cunt.
>>
>>126540074
>Not sure if you're trolling or being stupid.
I'm saying that I do not want to play DMC because it's what I do every single other day. I do not want to play anything that has D, M or C in its abbrev. What would you even recommend playing DMC when 99% of us play it everyday is insanely torturing.
>>
>>126540623
>Buy something without researching it
>Ask is the game good instead of playing the game he just bought
What >>126540734 said. You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>126539730
>The fuck are playing, vanilla DMC3?

Special Edition on dante must die.

I'm really not good at the game, i can't even jump cancel properly. And this was the first time trying to use royal guard properly, since i was lacking damage to defeat enemies and survive...

The camera in the agni and rudra fight is annoying too.

But hey, i got it, without super costume, without using items.
>>
>>126535090
blowie's channel
>>
>>126543850
could you link please? I fail to google it
>>
>>126544412
Not him, but here: https://www.youtube.com/user/anotherblowhard/videos

He posts his stuff and also a lot of stuff from japanese players.
>>
>>126544520
thank you.
>>
File: 1276443963646.jpg (27KB, 446x281px) Image search: [Google]
1276443963646.jpg
27KB, 446x281px
>>126539730
>Yeah man, Breakdown was fresh af. Some scary/weird shit going there too.
That fucking moment when you realize the skeleton inside you. Good shit. Need to see if that's emulatable yet.
>>
Anybody here ever play Croixleur Sigma? It's a doujin hack-n-slash coming out on PS4 fairly soon and I think it looks neat
>>
So Bayonetta was the first cuhrayzee game I played.

I'm trying to play DMC3 now...and I dunno how I feel about it. I have like two combos with the sword? My strategy is basically just stinger into things, then mash the combo, occasionally launch enemies if I get an opportunity. That's it, and it's working pretty well right now.

Overall, Bayonetta just feels a bit more fluid and varied. And less stiff.

Am I missing something here?
>>
>>126554020
Are you switching between each weapon that Dante has?
Although I do have to admit that coming from Bayonetta into DMC3 can be weird for someone. Especially since Bayonetta has a lot of beginner friendly tools to work with while DMC3 has you digging around before you can do cool stuff.

The style switcher mod makes the game much more varied if you're playing on the PC version.
>>
File: Pride.png (2KB, 345x213px) Image search: [Google]
Pride.png
2KB, 345x213px
Hey, cgg, i drew something for you. You were very helpful to me.
>>
>>126555349
I only have the sword and the nunchuck things right now. I'm bashing my head against agni and rudra.

I guess my strategy has stopped working.
>>
I'm still willing to defend Razor's Edge to some degree.
It's not a great game, mind you. Not even close to the previous games in the series. But I still find it enjoyable if you can look past its flaws.
For instance, it may not add new weapons for Ryu, but some of them have improved movesets, like the Kusari-gama. It may be much easier to exploit, even without spamming SoB, but you have to admit that the Alchemists are pretty fun to fight (unless you're a pussy). Also, they made the girls incredibly fun to play as. I wouldn't mind a spin off with just Kasumi, Ayane and Momiji with their movesets taken directly from this game. Also, all of the alt suits are pretty cool.
I can see why people hate it, I mean, it's still NG3. It still carries some of the fatal flaws of the game, such as invisible walls, no essence or healing items, trying to get into QTEs/Pummels that don't feel as intense as they do in W101, God Hand or Bayo, hell, those shouldn't even be on a Ninja Gaiden game. Recycling bosses, horrible camera that incredibly shitty final boss. All that crappy stuff is still here. But to be honest, I found enough enjoyable stuff in the game to look past those flaws and have a good time. Do I recommend it? For the $15 dollars I paid, yeah, sure. The multiplayer/ninja missions are hella fun, I just wish I could make ninja grills because they had the best movesets in the game. It's certainly inferior to the previous games in the series, but if you finish the game quickly and only replay using the girls, you can pretend it's a spin-off instead, and a decent one at that.
>>
File: 1424543521449.jpg (115KB, 680x568px) Image search: [Google]
1424543521449.jpg
115KB, 680x568px
>>126554020
>>
>>126561074
I'm sorry
>>
>>126557710
spooky
>>
File: 1420682675242.jpg (55KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
1420682675242.jpg
55KB, 301x267px
>>126557710
i like it
>>
>>126554020
>Overall, Bayonetta just feels a bit more fluid and varied. And less stiff.
Yeah, it's like video games have evolved and changed over the years and shit.
>>
>>126552404
I guess noy
>>
File: 1278922851718.gif (55KB, 410x326px) Image search: [Google]
1278922851718.gif
55KB, 410x326px
>>126557710
>>
I'm seriously hungering for a cuhrayzee game, but I'm on PC, and it seems like my options are limited. With Steam sales going on right now, does anyone have suggestions on what to get? No 2D/sidescrollers

I noticed MGR: Revengance is one option and I'm considering getting it, but I want to have a few to try out if possible.
>>
>>126573696
DMC3SE
DMC4SE
MGR
God Hand (Emulate via PCSX2)

Non-cuhrayzee games that you might like
---------------------------------------
Darksiders I & II
Transformers
Legend of Korra
Thread posts: 579
Thread images: 104

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.