[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cgg/ - Cuhrayzee Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 747
Thread images: 133

File: Enter VST7.png (504KB, 640x900px) Image search: [Google]
Enter VST7.png
504KB, 640x900px
previously on /cgg/ >>124407373

VST7 IS NOW. RULES AND INFO BELOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqpMeaoxOmk

>All the entries of VST7 will be streamed here on December 19th, 6 PM EST:
http://instasync.com/r/alps

CUHRAYZEE THREAD FAQ (please read this and CUHRAYZEE NEWS before asking questions):
http://pastebin.com/XFGyzhzB

CUHRAYZEE RECOMMENDED GAMES (INCLUDES INDIES):
http://i.imgur.com/lEnXRlO.jpg

CUHRAYZEE TIPS, TECHNIQUES, MODS, AND MISC:
http://pastebin.com/jy482VY1

STEAM GROUP: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CUHRAYZEE
WIKI: http://cuhrayzee.wikia.com/wiki/CUHRAYZEE_GAMES_GENERAL_Wiki
FORUM: http://cuhrayzeegames.boards.net

>We Shall Wake
Indie Cuhrayzee game, dev posts here most of the time. Blog updates every Saturday mostly. Development is still ongoing. See their blog at
http://www.weshallwake.com/
Patreon ongoing. Support them if you'd like.
http://www.patreon.com/nokoriware

DMC, Bayonetta, We Shall Wake, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, Ninja Gaiden, Wonderful 101, Vanquish, Sengoku Basara, Rising Revengeance, Fairy Bloom Freesia, Rainblood, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae.
>>
File: Bayo 2.png (454KB, 567x499px) Image search: [Google]
Bayo 2.png
454KB, 567x499px
wonder if the bayo entries are good
>>
>>125062864
I hope they are.
>>
>>125062864
I hope the non-cgg game entries are good
>>
>>125063241
>non-cgg game entries
I just hope they look interesting enough + is actually potentially cuhrayzee
>>
>>125063241
The person said he stopped because it's not DMC4.
>>
>>125064000
What? Why? were they not cuhrayzee enough?
>>
>>125065039
it's a meme
>>
>>125063241
most japs are non-cgg so
>>
File: 1434147638433.jpg (56KB, 300x238px) Image search: [Google]
1434147638433.jpg
56KB, 300x238px
>>125065395
I don't get it
>>
>>125065784
God Hand, Rainblood etc. isn't popular because it's not DMC4
>>
>>125065780
wonder if the nips have their own tournaments
>>
5 DAYS TOPS TO GET SOME SHIT DONE FOR VST.

NEED TO GET MOTIVATED-
>>
>>125067949
just do a casual no-damage boss run of any game. You will win
>>
>>125067912
pretty sure they all know each other irl or something so they just call each other up and like

"ay donguri-san you always use the same combo faggot haha learn some new tech fucker"

and they motivate each other to keep getting better that way
>>
>>125068241
>Caring about winning
>>
>>125069758
>implying I was serious
>>
>>125069890
fuckin dmc4se. fucking shit engine. fucking shit performance. shitty stutter. shitty controller issues. Shitty fucking having to get all the weapons again. fucking windows 10 controller crap >inb4 botnet FUCK

Can't even record shit properly.
>>
>>125071632
tried hex-editing + ini fix for that performance?
>>
>>125072825
It's not that my pc can't handle it. I get above 60 fps mostly. But it just stutters in a weird way occasionally.
>>
File: iJy4slc.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
iJy4slc.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
HWA!!
>>
File: 724019b15fb0b65267d0ab36574ec2a6.jpg (667KB, 850x1141px) Image search: [Google]
724019b15fb0b65267d0ab36574ec2a6.jpg
667KB, 850x1141px
>>125076269
HWA!!!
>>
For those who own a Wii U, Devil's Third is just about what you'd want out of a "cuhrayzee" hack'n'slash. It's just a shame that the game will be stupid rare because of its limited release and high eShop price.

Hopefully the PC port of the multiplayer will include the single player down the line.
>>
File: NinjagaidenblackIgn.png (910KB, 798x412px) Image search: [Google]
NinjagaidenblackIgn.png
910KB, 798x412px
hwa
>>
>>125080256
>just about what you'd want out of a "cuhrayzee" hack'n'slash
good joke. RIP Itagaki, he lost his daughters, he lost his "skill", he is now part of Nexon
>>
File: CzrkvVI.jpg (227KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CzrkvVI.jpg
227KB, 1280x720px
>>125083414
HWA!
>>
Repostin'

I started DMC1 again (currently on chapter 16). I decided to try and finish the game in Hard and DMD since I was never able to do it in the past and I've some doubts about the game...

First off, regarding the secret missions, if my mind doesn't fall short, they get harder by the difficulty, isn't it? So I guess my best bet is to complete them on Normal?

Also what is the best loadout? I recall one of the guns (grenade launcher?) to be pretty damn powerful, but I mostly used Alastor on the whole run against almost everything.

(I think I'm already answering this myself as I'm playing through the game. Alastor + Shotgun + G. Launcher when needed breeze through Normal. I don't know if it'll stay the same on Hard though)

Finally what should I upgrade first: life/devil trigger or just go all out buying the useful stuff (stinger, air hike, etc)? I remember the red orbs in this game to be a bunch of jews.

(I decided to go for the Alastor stuff first, but opinions are welcome)
>>
Is razor's edge any good compared to the others NG? There a store near me selling it for 15€
>>
File: smx.png (163KB, 450x245px) Image search: [Google]
smx.png
163KB, 450x245px
>>125083958
I still believe Itagaki could make another cuhrayzee. At least compared to hoping on Team Ninja
>>
>>125088518
Every thread
>>
>>125088518
Every thread
>>
>>125088675
>>125089297
Oh c'mon.

The recommended image on the OP only says that razor's edge fixes issues....
>>
>>125088518
nobody checks the pastes/links in the fucking OP
>>
>>125079102
HWA!!!!!
>>
File: 1447125009068.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447125009068.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>125089882
to put it short: it is not as good as the other NGs. its also not as terrible as DmC or yaiba though.

good things about NG3RE:
- female characters feel fun to play, though only because they made them play almost exactly like ryu
- momiji
- momiji's momijis

bad things:
- combo breaking enemies
- alchemists
- three alchemists at the same time
>>
File: ninjagaidensigma2_24a.jpg (211KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ninjagaidensigma2_24a.jpg
211KB, 1024x576px
>>125094609
I was actually kinda sad Rachel wasn't in RE. maybe she'll be in the next NG
>>
>>125095568
people like you are the reason ng is dead
>>
File: 1404001776801.jpg (19KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
1404001776801.jpg
19KB, 620x350px
>>125096085
It's not only his fault. Every person who wants to play as another character that is not Ryu, or someone semi-relevant to the series like Joe/Genshin is trying to keep the series on the path of mediocrity.

I wish they'd stop with the DoA characters and characters who look like they belong to the DoA series more than NG.
>>
>>125096409
but then, did you buy dmc4se?
>>
File: NG Ayane 3.png (372KB, 437x641px) Image search: [Google]
NG Ayane 3.png
372KB, 437x641px
>>125094609
>Momiji
pfft
>>
File: NG Momiji 3.png (666KB, 1221x733px) Image search: [Google]
NG Momiji 3.png
666KB, 1221x733px
>>125096409
I am in the wrong for wanting tits in NG? OK
>>
>>125087268
> two doppelgangers
that shit can't possibly be fair
>>
>tfw only a handful of cuhrayzee games actually exist
>>
File: RLM.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RLM.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>>125099751
>tfw I want to play other cuhrayzee games, but the gameplay style don't interest me (FBF, Bayo), don't own console(Ninja Gaiden, W101), physically hurt me(DMC)
>>
File: 18j2wo5mgqogyjpg.jpg (111KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
18j2wo5mgqogyjpg.jpg
111KB, 630x420px
hump
>>
>>125099414
It's not supposed to be fair
>>
HWA!!! good night cgg
>>
Nightmare 3 is a piece of shit. Can't wait to see how cheap he is on DMD.
>>
>people talking about NG kills the thread
right once again
>>
>>125088042
also repostin'
see
>>124975602

download mkv version of DMD run by and turn on author's commentaries:
http://www.archive.org/details/DevilMayCry_100pDMD_13534

http://speeddemosarchive.com/DevilMayCry.html#100pDMD
also has a lot of text explaining important strategies

> secret missions
> So I guess my best bet is to complete them on Normal?
you can yes
but easy secret mission can be a good source of points for S-ranking (if you're going for it)

also if you are going for collecting ALL entries in bestiary ("Read You Like a Book" achievement from HD Collection) then some attacks only occur on normal/hard, so some planning ahead is required

> Also what is the best loadout? I recall one of the guns (grenade launcher?) to be pretty damn powerful, but I mostly used Alastor on the whole run against almost everything.

What "loadout"? Game only has two weapons. Just equip Alastor and switch to Ifrit where appropriate (most bosses are easier with Ifrit: mostly because of fireball move and charged damage string)

And outside of S-ranking you barely need to switch away from grenade launcher. It dumps your style rank to D, but it largely irrelevant for DMC1.

There are several very special cases where you need to switch to guns and shotgun respectively, but otherwise grenade launcher is your friend

> Finally what should I upgrade first: life/devil trigger or just go all out buying the useful stuff (stinger, air hike, etc)?
Again depending on your skill.

Moves and double jump take priority. Some moves are more important than others while others you don't really need.

After that -- upgrade your devil trigger and only then finally -- your lifebar.
>>
Can a game with intermediate techniques + huge weapon and moveset variety be cuhrayzee?
>>
>>125108259

Needs enemy variety, difficulty, and style to match.

Read the paste, stop asking these questions.
>>
>>125108494
>enemy variety
It easily has this

>difficulty
Enemy difficulty? If so, in a 1 on 1 situation it's not too difficult, but the way the game is set up it's more along the lines of Ninja Gaiden where a bunch of enemies are attacking you all at once. And they are very very cheap, so cheap to the point that off screen enemies attack you.

>style
As in taunt button? It's does not have a dedicated taunt button but there are taunts. The only thing is that using a taunt will take up a move slot. The mini bosses and bosses use taunts and stylish moves too.
>>
File: DSC_0040.jpg (584KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0040.jpg
584KB, 2048x1536px
>>125107853
Thanks for your time. Your quote in the previous thread is not mine but from another anon tho.

Finished Normal an hour ago. As you can see I was pretty average I'd say. I'm not playing for high ranks, just to finish the whole thing and I guess it shows. I also don't particularly care about trophies, and you get most of them playing normally anyway.

About the 'loadout' thing when I wrote that I thought weapons in DMC1 were a little more "varied", but I breezed through Normal with Alastor + Shotgun, and used the G. Launcher sometimes. I think it won't change in Hard.

Finally regarding the skill/orbs looks like I hit the jackpot because I decided to buy all the useful Alastor skills (minus Round Trip) and after that the purple orbs (I need one more to max DT I believe). When I go through Hard, seeing my situation would you recommend to buy all the blue orbs first or upgrade Ifrit? I barely used Ifrit but maybe it is more useful in Hard?
>>
>>125109293
you should really start learning Ifrit

Ifrit is boss killer, because:
-- chargeable combo, and each hit in five hit long attack string does more damage that previous
-- divekick move -- extremely useful
-- move where your jump becomes an attack -- not only it's useful, it's also the easiest way to do parries (counter-hits) against several attacks (Nightmare's side spikes and back boomerang)
-- kick13
-- chargeable fireball move is used when you need to bring down down pesky flying bosses -- used on Griffon and Nelo Angelo 3 to instantly down them and stop from doing their bullshit
>>
>>125109754
Then I'll start spending on Ifrit. Since I did all secret missions I think I'll be doing fine with my health, at least for the first 15 chapters, and at that point (and onwards) I might be able to buy the blue orbs that I'm missing.
>>
>>125109202

Ok
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-12-12 04-21-44.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-12-12 04-21-44.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>125108494
>Reads Pastbin's definition of cuhrayzee

Hm I think this game passes as cuhrayzee but of course I'll have to supply you all with goods. I recently grabbed Gundam Breaker, not really for cuhrayzee but to just play because I like mecha games and turns out there's some interesting shit in this game. I'll start with gameplay and try to explain most of the stuff so far.

- Gameplay
>Basically, gameplay in cuhrayzee games should have enough depth to sustain discussion regarding it. Examples: Jump Cancelling in DMC, Dodge Offset in Bayonetta, developing character combos in Max Anarchy.

Just gonna start with controls first:

Square: Melee/Range
Triangle: Melee/Range
Circle: Options action button
X: Jump, hold/tap to Boost

D-pad: Options. Options are a set of eight different unique moves that are bond to the d-pad. Up, Down, Left, Right, and Up Up, Down Down, Left Left, Right Right to select your option. This can be used while in combat.

R1: Block
R1 (Hold): EX- Act - Hold R1 + Square, Triangle, or Circle: These are basically super moves like Neo's Triangle+Circle, but some of them appear to be just special moves, too.
R1 + X: Dodge
L1 (Hold): Range weapons Hold L1 + Square, Triangle

R3: Melee mode(Lock on)
L3: Camera Reset

R3 + L3: Gundam Trigger (lol)

Techniques: Jump Cancelling(not enemy step), Boost Cancelling, Quick Boost Cancelling, and a weird technique that I don't have a name for -- The ability to guard while dodging with iframes to save shield hit points? Is what I've found in the game so far.

The heart of the game is in the weapons and parts. I am not kidding when I say there are over 100+ different moves, 50+ melee and range weapons, and 50 - 100+ unique moves that all come with different attacks and properties.

Gonna continue in my post.
>>
>>125113028
Continue...

>Melee

So far I've unlocked:

Sabers
Double Sabers
Whips
Axes
Lancers
Two handed swords

Missing:
Kung Fu
Katanas
Staffs
Staff (Double Blade/Saber tips)
and others I can't remember that are purchase in the player shop or super rare drops.

Each melee weapon has its own set of strings.
Square x3
Square, Triangle, Square
Triangle, delay, Square, Square
etc, etc, etc, you get what I'm saying.

Some weapons seem to have helm breakers as their strong air attack with stings bond to the weak attack button. Option button has unique melee attacks like grabs and launchers and such.

>Range
I have:
Rifles
Snipers
Dual Pistols
Dual Rfiles
Bazookas
Gatling Guns
Machine Guns

Missing: A lot of OP laser shit

Range weapons come with one basic attack and one unique(pretty much one gunslinger) attack. When you have unique parts and the option moves you can bring that up to 1 basic 3 unique. Yes, they do juggle enemies, cause movement away or towards you and such.

Taunts: Taunt requires you to take up one of your EX Act attacks as taunting in the game is considered an EX ACT.

I'm still low level soI can't use all the parts but I'll try getting some webms out.
>>
File: gundam trigger.webm (3MB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
gundam trigger.webm
3MB, 800x500px
>>125113910
>Gundam Trigger
G.I.A.O.S system gives you a few buffs:

Increase flight/boost speed
increase attack speed
Decrease boost consumption
Extend melee attack hit boxes
increase damage
regenerate health points
regenerate shield points

Con:
Only last for a few seconds and takes a bit to build the meter for it unless you're getting rushed by a shiton of enemies.
>>
>>125115153
Dodging has a really small window of active iframes available and is really hard to dodge attack with a lot of active frames. Standing in one spot and holding block does not reward the player. One beam attack from any elite, mini boss, or boss can break your guard. But when you guard dodge you can do as it implies - guard and dodge attacks.

>Quick Boost dodges
QBing has always been a mobility tool in all mecha games and it is here. There are no iframes nd you can't guard. Dodging any attack while airborne is all skill.
>>
>>125117973
Also shields have hit points. When you guard dodge you get the same iframes from a stand alone dodging, that means your shield hit points will not decrease!

>Guard break
Once your shield is guard broken it is gone, so you better get used to dodging and QBs.
>>
webms?
>>
A week remains
>>
>>125096409
I didnt mean extra characters in general, just rachel

>>125113028
someone mentioned this game a couple of weeks ago and posted a webm. game looks cool as fuck, thanks for writing this stuff up
>>
File: QBRC demonstration.webm (2MB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
QBRC demonstration.webm
2MB, 800x500px
Quick Boost Range Cancelling does as the name implies. It's only works for range weapons. However after looking at the JPWiki it works for KungFu melee set and whips, too, I can't wait to see the potential in QBing melee weapons, will definitely post webms for those.

Alright I'm done for now. Thoughts? Shit game? Interesting game but not cuhrayzee? Anything? Need more?
>>
>>125120970
np I will continue posting stuff later on during the day.
>>
>>125121353

Sounds interesting to me. I know you said you're not trying to preach for cuhrayzee status but this sounds worth a dig at the least. I mean all you did was state how the game's basics work fundamentally but even so.
>>
Just because I can

If you haven't checked out Fairy Bloom Freesia I suggest you do so. I beat the game ages ago but I want to do this because the Freesia player(s?) need some appreciation and attention.

The game is like 3 hours even on the hardest difficulty. You're not even really wasting time. It's fun on simply the button mash level and the fast paced gameplay front as well so do check it out. There's no reason not to. Cheap, short but with extreme replay value to excuse, fun, technical, fast paced, another game into your repertoire or perhaps even quickly outta your backlog, and more cuhrayzee experience/knowledge for you.

You anons got nothing to lose. Just go for it, as they say in VJ.
>>
>>125083958

>good joke

Nice meme
>>
Bump?
>>
I should be working on making clips for vst, but for some reason i decided to read One Punch Man and now i can't stop.

Well, at least i already submitted my traditional.
>>
>>125127950
It's pretty crazy anon.
>>
>>125096409
That'd be like saying dmc should only have dante as the playable character
>>
>>125133936
Many people believe that.

I'm in for variety, like, if the characters turn out polished and well done, even if they are less than the main character, i believe that it brings something good for a cuhrayzee game.

Like, people call the dmc 4 se characters underwhelming, but i really like how they work, they are not dante, and that is the biggest advantage, they are different (even with the high recicling of assets)
>>
>>125134205
They aren't Dante but they don't bring much to the table aside from Vergil.
Trish is literally a mashup of Dante and Vergil with a simplified moveset. Lady is virtually all gunslinger but still with a more limited moveset. Vergil is DmC + DMC4 Vergil that's ez-mode.
>>
>>125134531
They don't bring much to the table, but they bring what wasn't before, in some ways.

I've been more impressed in the last months with some really cool divekick/taunt trish setups than anything anyone ever done with lucifer, but is just my opinion, i know the majority will disagree.
>>
>>125134205
>>125134531
i dont think you guys understand just how terrible rachel is
>>
>>125134952
I don't understand really, but i'm talking, that if well executed, extra characters are a good thing.
>>
>>125134952

At least NGS2 rachel is marginally fun, but then you have that super shitty boss to turn her back into the worst ever
>>
>>125134952
yes, I know she's terrible (compared to ryu) but that doesn't mean she should be thrown out with the garbage
>>
File: DOA3_04 (1).jpg (97KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DOA3_04 (1).jpg
97KB, 800x600px
HWA
>>
>>125127950
Ok, now i'm up to date on the manga, the anime can wait a little longer, time to go back to play cuhrayzee, and practice routine for other stuff.
>>
>>125120770
for what?
>>
>>125135359
>>125135175
>>125135008

Problem is, extra characters in NG aren't well executed in the slightest. They're pure fanservice. Not that the concept itself is bad, but it interferes with the gameplay and makes all missions that revolve around these female characters really dull

At the end of the day the core mechanics for all of them are the exact same. Where things differ is their animations (which subsequently translates into a very superficial variation on how they play) and the weapons they use. You could give their weapons to Ryu and he'd use them with 100x more efficiency.

Their problems go all the way from their animations to damage output. They're just terrible to play as and they offer absolutely nothing additional in terms of actual content.

Characters like Genshin could have huge potential as additional playable characters, but they're not used and instead TN always goes for fanservice and delivers something completely mediocre
>>
>>125141685
/やたゆはりゆさはかあま
>>
>>125141685
>problem is, extra characters in dmc aren't executed well in the slightest

ftfy
>>
>>125150280
yeah the extra character dante in dmc4 is way too complicated
>>
Is it just me or is Vergil too broken? I just beat the game in Legendary Dark Knight Mode no sweat. Most missions with rank S, except for like 3 or 4.
>>
>>125152371
It's not just you.

Vergil is easy modo.
>>
>>125152371
On the other hand LDK mode is pretty fucking easy already. I'm total shit by /cgg/ standards and still beat it no sweat.
>>
>>125155082
With Nero?
>>
>>125156337
And that lame guy with the red coat, yeah.
>>
>>125156648
Well, I'm playing LDK mode with Nero and since this is the first time I'm using him it's kind of hard to kill a lot of demons quickly, I just have the sword, gun and arm at this point. Guess it's a bad idea to start using him in this mode first without unlocking everything.
>>
Hey, at least you guys have Legendary Dark Knight.

And Lady

And Trish...

And turbo...
>>
>>125157472
ex-act and max-act are nero easymodo and I suggest you start practicing them as soon as possible, along with practicing your ABC's (always be charging)

So did you, like, buy the special edition and play with the weird extra characters instead of playing with the main characters first?
>>
>>125158313
I don't even know what ex-act and max-act means. I played DMC4 on the XBOX a few years back and I bought the Special Edition a few days ago and started playing with Vergil first of all.
>>
>>125158575
You can get meter by using the exceed button right after an attack with the right timing, you get 1 bar of exceed meter = ex-act.

When you get the skill, with a tighter timing, you can get all 3 bars of exceed gauge, this is the max-act.
>>
>>125158575
So you didn't play your xbox copy at all or something?
>>
>>125158839
Ah, thanks.

>>125159056
I played it, though I didn't like Nero too much so I probably just passed the game with him a couple of times and focused on Dante. Besides, that was years ago so I kinda forgot how to play.
>>
>>125158171
sucks to be a DmC player
>>
>>125159282
You don't pick between Nero and Dante, they share a campaign, and it's weird that you'd say it was your first time playing as Nero if you played the game on the 360, a version where you have no choice but to play as Nero for more than half of the story campaign.

You're being weirdly inconsistent, but you came here asking for advice rather than pretending to be an expert, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Remap your buttons for Nero so that you can always be charging his pistol. Never not be charging, Always Be Charging.
>>
>>125159464
No, i play vanilla 4 on m 360...

My pc isn't good enough for 4, and i don't have a ps4 or xone.
>>
>>125159590
I know that you don't pick between them, I meant that I focused on the missions where you play as Dante, I probably didn't even beat more than 3 difficulties really. Not trying to be inconsistent, sorry.
>>
>>125138541

Did you catch up on the ONE version like a good primary
>>
>>125160468
some chapters i read in more than 1 version, but not every one...
>>
I love (DmC)

It was nice to get a decent storyline for DMC games finally and Ninja Theory did a good job with the controls as well, I like it that modern games don't use lock-on that much. That thing for me is a thing of a past, when games couldn't have this accurate controls yet without it. I can understand some people disliking the game, that's fine. But I alwyas like it when the game series tries to reinvent itself.

I don't know if Alps is still planning on using these ScrubQoutes so I thought I should post it here
>>
>>125165805
I think I read this from a youtube comment kek in one of AccountingNightmare's DmC vid
>>
>>125166038
Yeah that's where I found it. DmC is pretty low-hanging fruit when it comes to looking for good quotes.
I do enjoy the implication that games these days have somehow improved their soft lock-on from older games
>>
>>125167195
To be honest, soft lock-on have improved in more recent action games compared to old ones.

I remember having trouble to override the soft lock-on from dmc 1, while in dmc 3/4 and bayonetta, it is not complicated (does 3 and 4 have a soft lock on?)
>>
>>125165805

Nope that project is ded
>>
>>125167368
Fair enough, I haven't played DMC1 in a while. >>125167639
Well shit. I might as well start using the material I gathered so far to bump this thread then.
>>
>>125134828
Most would. Inazuma2/Harvest Taunt setups are some of the most boring things I've seen with her.
>>
>>125165805
>Not liking the lock-on in dmc4.
Are there seriously people who think like this?
>>
>>125171629
You should already know that DmC fandom is basically Casual-Opinions-R-Us.
>>
File: Ifrit_DMC.png (835KB, 736x874px) Image search: [Google]
Ifrit_DMC.png
835KB, 736x874px
>>125109754
Oh man, thanks for the Ifrit tip. I was having a hard time against Nelo Angelo and decided to upgrade the thing and absolutely recked his shit. Also the Frosts, which I had a lot of trouble with on Normal, are a breeze with Ifrit now.
>>
>5 days till vst
>get a nasty pc virus and have to format c:
Guess I'll just release a video with my shit later. That way I can add dragon's dogma as well, which hopefully soon has some weapon/skill switching hack.
>>
>>125174615
You can buy two terabyte hard drives for like seventy dollars, high estimate. There's really no excuse for not having your shit backed up or at least having a drive to throw shit onto when you need to reformat.
>>
>>125175118
I had my shit backed up. But I don't think I have enough time now to do more entries since I was up all day tech supporting my shit. Now I still have to re-install my video editor, games, and controller drivers which are always a bitch on windows 10. That leaves me with 1 more day to practice, record footage, and 3 evenings after work to put everything together. I'll try to get it done but I don't want to half ass it.
>>
>>125176917
That's fair, and I think you've got the right attitude. Sucks to delay an entry but it's better than making a product you feel is half-assed.
>>
>>125174615
>Dragon's Dogma

I hope you're being ironic
>>
>>125174615
>>125178516
Wherever this discussion is headed, it'd be great if it stays civil.
>>
File: t.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
t.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>125170473
what are some non-round harvest/inazuma taunt setups? tryin' it out i always have to end up holding them one way or the other with those, even if it's not the simple thing where they fall into taunt from round harvest/inazuma (which is the most boring and obvious way to use 'em)
i must steal them for my own purposes!!

also getting back on the trish train after the fallout vortex with some dumb stuff i guess
>>
>>125178516
Not being ironic. Nope. DD has some pretty good mechanics. The only reason it's not cuhrayzee is the weapons influence the stagger and knockback mechanics too much, and the lack of skill slots. The first can probably be easily fixed using cheat engine, giving the game dmc4 style juggle mechanics and reliable stun values.

Otherwise there is a shitload of cancels and skills that can be used in multiple ways. I'll probably explain more about it once the pc version comes out and I can record some decent footage. Especially the magick archer is impressive at least to have seen being played stylishly.
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-12-12 08-06-46.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-12-12 08-06-46.png
2MB, 1280x720px
Alright, continue...

>Option Button
>Option D-Pad

The OB functions as a support button which gives you some unique moves while still having access to your main weapons. It pretty much functions the same way Dark Slayer Style for Dante in DMC4 works.

The D-Pad is used to select your option move. The selection is instant and all Option moves can be cancels into each other or anything on the fly. There's is 0 delay.

Example of combo using option moves:

Square, Triangle, Square, Right+ Circle, X(Jump Cancel), L1+ Triangle (Range), Tap X (Boost), UpUp+Circle, R1+Triangle(EX ACT!)~Side Switch, R1+Circle(EX-ACT!), Left+Circle, etc, etc.

>EX-Act
These are your main special/super attacks that do good damage. Some are range and some are melee. The also have properties like juggling, knockback, and ground bounce.

>>125113910
In this simple WebM I used Option moves which you can see me Option switch mid combo. @0:05 I used an EX Act to side switch, then I used another EX Act (Range Beam), after that I used a Option move which is a Grab into Unique Move launcher, etc, etc

Option Moves can be seen at the bottem right screen as "Optional". Some can be used infinite number of times while some have a limited use of times.

Also, there are lobbies and you can make a waifu pilot with a big butt do things like dance! The game is 4 player co op but also single player.
>>
>>125183370

So far it just seems like you're explaining how the game works rather than the potential it gives, just saying.
>>
>>125183938
Well if I don't explain you will just ask me later.

>Potential
I said it in my first post but since you ask. The potential of the game lies in the customization department. The are more moves in this game than in a fighting game with a roster of 50+ characters. Creativity is the main focus. The difficulty is really challenging, sometimes it can go to the same level as Ninja Gaiden.

>Tech
There's really only the basic stuff beside things that have been present in mecha games like Boost cancels and such. Jump cancels exists, guard cancels exist, etc. There are no game changing bugs like the DMC games, just the basic cancellation stuff.
>>
>>125178981
Jeezus fucking christ that was brutal.
Have you done any videos at all? If so, I need to give you a watch on YT.
>>
What's the hardest Ninja Gaiden? The hardest 3D Ninja Gaiden, that is.
>>
>>125184990
https://www.youtube.com/user/hiimtab/videos

ignore the latest 2 vids, they're fallout stuff. most of my vids are just dumb junk exploring or explaining something miniscule.
>>
>>125183938
I'm curious. What is beginner cuhrayzee?

Gundam breaker as it stands,

>Merits
Good mechanics like cancellation of moves and such without restricting the player
The game has more moves, more weapons, more customization than any game besides another Gundam game.
Taunts, over exaggerated special moves, even a special attack while a Gundam is riding on a Gundam Horse.
A.I. that is extremely cheap because they were balanced around 4 player co op, making no damage runs extremely hard.
There's a powered up state similar to devil trigger.
Enemies range from Fodder, Solder, Elites, Mini bosses, Huge bosses, and mothership/monster type robot bosses. The later two have no combo potential
Reverse/Side attacks, example; reverse gundam helm breaker is possible
>Demerits
I have not found any game changing exploits. The JPWiki doesn't mention any exploits. Therefore there are currently no exploits in the game.
QBRC only works for Range weapons with the exception of two melee weapons. KungFu set and Whips

How far off is Gundam Breaker from cuhrayzee as it is now?

Since I'm new to this, mind explaining to me exactly what I should be telling or showing you?
>>
>>125189736

>What is beginner cuhrayzee?

Pardon?
>>
>>125189830
I meant to say entry level. Just trying to see where Gundam Breaker stands vs all the great games here. I want to know based on what I've shown you what is it missing.
>>
>>125190314
MGR maybe?
>>
>>125192728
There are games in the OP with less depth than MGR so that's not a great metric to use.
>>
>>125192994
>caring about what's on the "list"
>>
>>125193210
I don't care what's on the list. I assume the guy who has spent several long-ass posts campaigning for us to accept his game does, on the other hand.
>>
>>125192728
>>125193374

I just want to know I should be explaining to you. What type of things are you looking for in a game. What am I not explaining about the mechanics. Feel free to ask any questions and will let you know if there exist such a mechanic or technique, because based on what I've shown and explained to you guys so far it is categorized as basic.

>Cuhrayzee Games List
I didn't use the Cuhrayzee Recommendation List. I used the explanation in the pastbin that describes what a cuhrayzee games requires after an anon told me to go read it.
>>
>>125194406
>I didn't use the Cuhrayzee Recommendation List. I used the explanation in the pastbin that describes what a cuhrayzee games requires after an anon told me to go read it.
Yeah, I know, but I don't know what your goal is here if you're not aiming to get the game listed or something, because to my knowledge you're the only one here who plays it and you can't have a (meaningful) conversation with one participant.

No matter how appropriate a game is for this general is, when it's proposed there's always going to be someone who says, "Well, convince us," with is reasonable in some cases and simple stubbornness in others.

You want this one man's opinion? Sure, whatever, talk about your gundam game. Certainly isn't going to draw my ire. I don't think it will have much longevity as a topic of conversation, in much the same way you practically never see Rainblood/MGR/etc. mentioned here, except moreso in the case of your Gundam game.
>>
>>125189736

>I have not found any game changing exploits.

This isn't anywhere near as important as some people might have you think. If the systems present in the game are already expansive enough, it really doesn't matter.

>A.I. that is extremely cheap because they were balanced around 4 player co op, making no damage runs extremely hard.

On the flipside, in no way does this sound like a good thing.

>mind explaining to me exactly what I should be telling or showing you?

You already explained how the mechanics of the game work. Just post more interesting gameplay that shows off how much freedom you have within the system.

>How far off is Gundam Breaker from cuhrayzee as it is now?

It sounds alright, but the hardest things to gauge without actually being able to play the game are variety and difficulty. If the game has as much variety as you stated, show off some of the things you can do with the other weapons and moves. Difficulty is important, but you can forgo playing in a harsh environment if that enables you to better show off the games potential.

>>125183370
>waifu
>big butt
>do things like dance!

Hmm. Tell me more.
>>
File: qktoGA2.jpg (130KB, 1022x535px) Image search: [Google]
qktoGA2.jpg
130KB, 1022x535px
YOU ARE buying Dante's coat for Christmas this year right, /cgg/? Don't tell me you're not cuhrayzee enough to rock that coat.
>>
>>125197402
I doubt 1/5000 men could pull off that coat.
>>
>>125197402
I bet it looks like shit.
>>
>>125197402
>200 shekels for a T shirt
no way, that's too much for a goy like me
>>
>>125199593
>T shirt
I meant Red Coat
>>
>>125194958
I get that as it is to be expected. My goal wasn't really to get it a list, but was to present it to cgg and see were things go from there, then maybe it would be possible to become a cuhrayzee game if anyone was interested. I appreciate any bit of feedback from guys to better understand what the game is lacking and what I haven't or what I forgot to mention. I'm more so wondering what type of mechanics cgg likes in their games so I can go back and test, as well as, presenting the games exclusive mechanics. I want to do this all while staying by the Cuhrayzee guidelines.

>>125197186
>On the flipside, in no way does this sound like a good thing.
I was wondering, is there some level of fairness in cuhrayzee difficult? I know that all action game follow a basic rule -- don't attack the player unless the player can see the attack/enemy in their field of view. Due to this because balance around co-op the enemies outside of your field of view do not respect you at all. Once your teammates fall they will gun for you. In some cases there are 1 v 3 mini bosses fights and for some reason they two are balance the same way as co-op. They just gangbang you attacks not giving a single fuck. And then they part that suck is that you can barely even run from them, they're fast as fuck when chasing.

>You already explained how the mechanics of the game work. Just post more interesting gameplay that shows off how much freedom you have within the system.
>It sounds alright, but the hardest things to gauge without actually being able to play the game are variety and difficulty. If the game has as much variety as you stated, show off some of the things you can do with the other weapons and moves. Difficulty is important, but you can forgo playing in a harsh environment if that enables you to better show off the games potential.
Will do. And I will get some gangbang clips for you too.

>Hmm. Tell me more.
Um, you can buy your waifu different suits?
>>
>>125178981
There are none :/ Kiss taunt was only fun for the first week. Or when used as a counter to Credo or some other boss.
>>
>>125179683

I wasn't arguing that DD doesn't have good mechanics. I've played it, it's great

But I fail to see how having basic hitstun and enemy weight properties makes it fall into a cuhrayzee category. Juggling stuff =/= cuhrayzee, thought we were a good ways past that. If being able to combo enemies and juggle them reliably was an indicator of cuhrayzee I might as well enter VST with Spider-Man 2 for Xbox
>>
>>125184675

I don't think you really haven't played NG at all if you think a game like that can go to such difficulty levels

I wouldn't even compare them since they don't even seem to resemble the same design philosophies. i'm no expert on ninja gaidn but do explain how you're even saing this. all of this info seems taken straight out of a game manual rather than in-game exploring
>>
>>125203117
I beat the Ninja Gaiden on Xbox a few times. You're right though. Even in Ninja Gaiden there is some form of fairness. This so-called action game fairness is absence in Gundam Breaker. The game was designed for a co-op experience. It expects there to be other skilled players on the battlefield handling sections of the area, therefore throws more challenging enemies into an area. Because of this when you go into single player the same set of rules are still in play but there are no player controller teammates. What you get a very very difficult game to no damage run when played in single player. Enemies don't have a waiting phase, they will simply attack you. Everything will attack you no matter what. Fairness is non existence. You will eat an off screen Trans-AM beam that does 50% or more of your Health points and then get juggled by other enemies. Not only that but your parts can be blasted off if you eat a hard hitting attack. Luckily you can go pick them back up, but still. You have one iframe move and blocking is only rewarded when guard dodging during iframes. Gotta learn QBing.

The early missions consist of Fodder - Soldier and a Elite to order them around. When you get past the beginning stuff and obtain your G.A.I.O.S system they start throwing Fodder - Elites + 2 to 3 mini bosses at you at the same time. Then they start throwing Huge Bosses + Mini Bosses + Elite + Fodder - Soldier at you all at the same time. I can say this game was obviously designed for a co-op experience when you have a HB + 2 MBs and normals attack you at once. But I've even seen people boss mod game like DMC to make them more challenging.

When you die there's no restart, you will respawn in the area away from the battle. Gundam Breaker features a scoring system that is added up at the end of a mission. Combos, amount of kills, no deaths, finding secret areas, and total time it took to complete the stage all determine your final score.
>>
>>125202802
he is not entering Vst with a vid focused entirely on Dragon's Dogma alone. Just as an extra at the end or some shit as it has been done before. How thick are you
>>
>>125208937
smarter than you
>>
thread is dead because everybody is busy with their VST entries, RIGHT?
>>
>>125216665
Haha, y-yeah
>>
>>125121353
Is this that free gundam game for ps4?
>>
>>125202802
I'm not saying the combos would be an indicator for cuhrayzee, but it would help. The most important factor is the multiple ways you can use some of the attacks, either by not executing an entire combo, or by cancelling them. An easy example is the toss&trigger attack, which can be used as a juggle starter if you only use it's first hit and then jump cancel the last frames of animation. Allowing an air attack, or air grab, or bowshot, or other skills.
There's a lot of creative potential and I think the game could be really cool with some tweaks. It's basically dmc4 with dante's moveset split into classes and with a weird stun system that fucks with the juggle mechanics.
Also like I said I might be able to make VST, so by that time I can add DD without having to worry about VST tradition.
>>
>>125208937
Well I'm not entering vst at all. Don't have enough time. So yeah.
>>
>>125197402
For $200 it better come with Dante himself.
>>
>>125223092
>implying uncle Reub will sell himself for 200
come on, we're not talking about Donte here.
>>
>>125197402
There's also a video if you scroll down. It's probably the 800dabburu dorrah leather version. Think the 200$ version would look good? I'd like confirmation before I buy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDZ7lrwhEtc
>>
>>125224768
>the wearer of the clothes is some Donte looking wimp
Capcom couldn't spend 5,10$ on some wig? Or a guy dressed as something other than a wife beater + jeans?

coat itself looks decent, doubt it would actually last long
>>
>>125224768
*edit*
apaprently that's the pleather 200$$ version
>>
You know that feeling when a part of a song lines up perfectly with this idea you have?

bang bang bang
>>
>>125226950
you're listening to this shit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ips2mM7Zqw
>>
>>
>>125227197
Yup. Not only that. It's going in my vst entry along with some other bad music.
>>
>>125227276
why aren't you doing it against an enemy?
>>
>>125227340
It's a practice method for noobs. I thought it up when I was trying to teach star raves to total beginners. baby steps.
>>
>>125227339
>along with some other bad music
why pick the most un-hype un-catchy K-pop I have ever heard. Literally, the most groan inducing shit ever. At least bad J-pop can be ear-worms
>>
>>
>>125227423
get debug mode and practice on an unlit Berial with unlimited enemy health on
>>
>>125227627
I like it. It has variety and it's tryhard gangsta.
What do you suggest then?
>>
>>125227423
well it's not going to help much if you don't have an enemy to practice on.
>>
>>125227716
I tried doing that but his hitbox is asymetrical, sometimes punishing the player even though they did good. I personally didn't enjoy doing it even when I could already do SR easily.
>>
>>125227794
it does. The idea is to create muscle memory. Before letting them do this I put the controller in their hand and give them a note with the inputs on it. The game turned off. After they got it down I let them do that. Then I let them try it on scarecrows. half an hour tops and they can do star raves.
>>
>>125227732
>tryhard gangsta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkMNOlYcpHg
this, fucking this, is more catchy than that faux-nignog-shit-actual-black-people-will-body-those-kids-so-hard

>what do you suggest then
I don't listen to any K-pop or any music in general
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG6X3bH80l8
>>
File: 1279805103719.jpg (344KB, 689x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1279805103719.jpg
344KB, 689x1024px
>>125228013
I don't lie those songs. The first is obnoxious and repetitive, and the second is boring. How is that hype?

Also if you don't listen to music why do you expect your opinion to have any value to it? It's like asking a skyrim player what the best cuhrayzee game is.
>>
File: Killme.jpg (7KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
Killme.jpg
7KB, 261x193px
>>125228413
>you have shit taste, you have no value
correct
>>
File: starravetraining.webm (3MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
starravetraining.webm
3MB, 700x394px
>>125227869
Best way is to practice on a megascarecrow imo.
Consistent JCs, Easy to spawn, lots of health for those who don't have the PC version.

>>125227945
>The idea is to create muscle memory.
Probably but when you get to actually JCing against enemies, you'll need to change your timing/speed since the player can cancel out of skystar while JCing. Most people just start off against an enemy then work their way up at a faster pace. There's not much of a reason to break it down even further since the inputs aren't too hard to get down. The only thing that's a problem with starraving is consistency.
>>
File: 1311975994783.jpg (20KB, 425x292px) Image search: [Google]
1311975994783.jpg
20KB, 425x292px
>>125228538
kek. anon pls no sudoku. I don't like your music, but but that's not really the end of the world desu.
I'm sure you have good taste in a lot of things.
>>
>>125229086
>There's not much of a reason to break it down even further since the inputs aren't too hard to get down.
Well I'm talking about total video game noobs. I noticed in letting them try on scarecrows that it didn't really work, and I didn't have a console save near the stage 10~ megascarecows.
This helped
>>
>>125227662
Ive seen so many combos videos of DMC4 that they all loom the same to me... I really want DMC5...
>>
abondoning all hope. Figured I'd try dante must die difficuty for my entry. Never played on it before. Getting my shit wrecked.

The plan was always to git gud first then go for difficulties beyond normal.
>>
>>125229568
To be fair, that combo was probably made back in 2010 or earlier. Plus there's not much variety to it.
>>
File: 1315207479163.jpg (15KB, 394x297px) Image search: [Google]
1315207479163.jpg
15KB, 394x297px
I just realized I can't even do an entire fight with style. I have a number of combos that I feel are original and my own, but using them in succession in a fight is impossible within the small amount of time left. FUCK. Now what.
>>
>>125108494
DMC has braindead enemies, almost no enemy variety, and little focus on movement, placement, evasion, timing, or anything, and attacks are slow and can be cancelled giving no weight to your actions. So it shouldn't be defined as cuhrayzee

DMC is just cycling through moves and jumping when an enemy does a choreographed and predictable attack.
>>
File: 1447606010233.jpg (478KB, 962x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1447606010233.jpg
478KB, 962x1444px
>>125192728
MGR is a button masher with less depth than GoW or Darksiders.
>>
>>125232391

shitposting hour already?
>>
>>125232391
Kiritanon? Tales anon? Or just /v/?
>>
>>125232563
it's still considered cuhrayzee
personally, I will rather play MKH or Rainblood over that
>>
>>125232606
>>125232706
Let's not kid ourselves. The game is shitty autism bait with punching bag enemies in which you can just stand in one spot cycling moves while occasionally jumping or dodging, and throwing in a taunt for good measure. It just favors autistic recital of weak combos to fill an arbitrary style meter when that's not the fastest or most efficient way to take out enemies.

Both movement and the attacks themselves (both for you and the enemies) are slow and clunky. The movement is awkward and not fluid and is miles below the movement of NG or even something like fucking MGRR. The jump is piss-poor and because there's almost zero lateral movement it's just used for iframe spam.

The game also lacks depth (and no having an arbitrary style meter doesn't change the core mechanics autismo); maybe if every style could be equipped simultaneously it would begin to have some depth, but having to choose between dodge, block/counter, or having more than one attack button? What a fucking joke.

Only having two weapons at once combined with shallow movesets cripples the combat and ruins variety. There are so few moves for each, nothing on the level of NG2's 15+ base attacks (counter, strong, weak, strong hold, weak hold, strong pause, weak pause, forward strong, forward weak, 360 attacks, OT, UT, bow, shruiken, air combos) for each weapon + dodge/block, and this is without even going into the 50+ combos for each weapon. And not to mention NG2's more fluid movement, more strict timing, more smart and adaptive enemy AI (especially bosses), and the weight given to moves by not being able to simply hop right out of them into a full i-frame to apex jump whenever you see an enemy do one of their predictable tells before an attack.
>>
>>125233540
yep it's definitely shitposting hr.
keep at it anon. you save me the trouble of bumping the thread.
>>
File: 1432575263796.png (259KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1432575263796.png
259KB, 750x750px
>>125232563
What's with this comparison, where did is come from, and why are you replying to >>125192728 which has nothing to do with Ninja Gaiden or MGR?

>>125232901
MKH > MGR
RBH > MGR
I sure hope you're planning to enter both of those games for your VST7 entry.
>>
>>125233540
>when that's not the fastest or most efficient way to take out enemies.
Speaking of autistic
>>
>>125233661
>VST7 entry
sure, once I get the money to unfuck-up my hands and cure my cold
>>
>>125234335
do one hand cuhrayzee
>>
File: 1446007430897.png (368KB, 664x606px) Image search: [Google]
1446007430897.png
368KB, 664x606px
>>125233540
What is your goal? I mean do you not realize you're just wasting time? Do you think they're just going to drop DMC because of your opinion? What exactly are you trying to achieve here by attempting to shit on another game? That's not how you get people to play Ninja Gaiden, anon. Are you even going to respond to my post using your brain or are you just too far gone on that drug over there? I'm interested in this is all.
>>
>>125233540
typical ninja gaiden efficiency conformist. If you want to not be autistic why not just get a job and work bitch.
>>
File: DO IT.jpg (38KB, 700x466px)
DO IT.jpg
38KB, 700x466px
What is your DMC5 game charger?

Mines are at least two new styles and Finished Nero. What if Nero's power grows to his other arm and even his feet. What is his power grows onto his cock?

Dante needs a weapon that fires slices of pizzas or maybe a pizza box as a weapon, and a pizza eating taunt!
>>
>>125238895
new girl he met who works as a courier for his favorite pizza place. She's super fast, and his taunt will be that he'll take a bite out of pizza and then the pizza girl flashes on screen to take his slice.
>>
>>125230056
Same thing happened to me. After dominating with Vergil in LDK mode I thought I could go for it with Nero. Instead I got rekt.
>>
>>125240202
How about we make her a playable character instead of some pizza stealing slut. what speed based weapons would she use?
>>
File: 269628-doasaturn7.jpg (114KB, 630x480px)
269628-doasaturn7.jpg
114KB, 630x480px
HWA!
>>
>>125224768
i posted the jack but dont actually buy it unless you're doing cosplay. you'll look like a huge nerd wearing that with normal clothing.
>>
>>125232391

replace DMC with MGR and you got a point
>>
File: Zedonius.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Zedonius.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>125233540
> strong hold, weak hold, strong pause, weak pause, forward strong, forward weak, 360 attacks

Actually those aren't base attacks, they're particular input modifications that you perform within an ongoing combo. Base attacks are just light and heavy strike, counter attack, ninpo, and guillotine throw. OTs and UTs are special techniques that you don't just perform on the fly since they require special circumstances

>>125185880

Most people feel like 2 is harder. I personally feel the enemy AI is more cunning in NGB. The pace for both games is also wildly different so it's hard to judge them in equal grounds. I found Mentor to be harder than Very Hard from NGB, but found NGB's Master Ninja harder than NG2's MN

From Razor's Edge I can't comment much since I only beat it on Master Ninja once and never bothered with doing Ultimate Ninja. Ultimately I just found it more tedious because it combined many aspects I disliked of Sigma 2 with the overall pace of NG2
>>
>>125247471
post video
>>
>>125233540
>NG2
>strong pause, weak pause
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
can we just start posting webms again? even old ones.
>>
>>125260529
Maybe, if they run at full speed.
>>
>>125260753
Isn't that just normal game speed? I can't tell
>>
>>125261114
You're telling me you don't see the difference between your first webm and the second one?
>>
>10
>>
>>125233540
Oh I see the shitposter from last night went into this thread to shitpost some more.

>>125257659
Yeah seriously, I'm a huge NGfag, but nothing he's talking about is making any sense.
>>
>>125261945
Are you telling me you don't see the difference between a dog and your mom's ass?
>>
dmc4 is shit. I haven't felt like practicing in years, because what is there besides scarecrow juggling?
Other enemies only juggle when you deplete their stun hp or some shit. those flying knight commanders break out of your juggles.
those pointy low enemies that take over scarecrows can't be juggled.
those death-like cloak fuckers don't even react when hit. the lightning dudes don't react at all. then what's left? a couple of shitty bosses? whoopie.

Mechanics can only take you so far. The actual game has to be fun to playthrough and everything about dmc4 is a snoozefest. Something hack this shit and add in some new maps.
>>
>>125268101
cool shitpost.
>>
>>125268304
Not shitposting. Just frustrated ;_;
>>
>>125246553
oh god, what is that
>>
>>125241237
the pizza delivery scooter, DMC3 style
>>
Mother. Fucking. Bump
>>
Depth in games like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry isn't "real" depth, it's cheated. If you take out the points system out of these games, they will loose almost all of their depth. Some players probably don't care about points, but just about beating the game (how you play traditional games). When the points don't matter anymore, it also doesn't matter anymore, what combos you do, how many combos you do and if you do combos at all. The only thing that matters is dodging at the right moment and spamming attack when you can. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what combos you make. Some combos are a bit more AoE damage, some give you more mobility and whatever, but you could break down the 100 combos or so of Bayonetta to like 5 combos and the game would still have the same amount of depth. (Btw that is what I call "breadth")
Also those games give the player lots of healing items and stuff like that which could completely break the game, and the way they "balance" those is by simply making you loose points for using them.
In my opinion this design philosophy is really really cheap game design. Don't get me wrong, these games are still a lot of fun, but if they didn't balance things with the points system, but just by the game itself, these games would be even better, they don't need to take out the points system. That is also why I like Metal Gear Rising more than Bayonetta even though that game also has some of those problems.

pfffhahahahahahahahah
>>
>>125277218
So this is just bait then?
>>
>>125277218
I agree.
>>
File: sprite00222.png (283B, 16x24px) Image search: [Google]
sprite00222.png
283B, 16x24px
>>125277218
>When the points don't matter anymore, it also doesn't matter anymore, what combos you do, how many combos you do and if you do combos at all.
Life also doesn't matter einstein. In 200 years no one will even remotely remember you existed in the first place, let alone you having had any sort of impact on the near limitless existence of time and space.
Think about that before you do take any sort of action beyond breathing. You know what, why don't you stop breathing altogether. I'm sure in your case 200 years is an overstatement.
>>
>>125278675
>>125278495
Nah, just a funny comment I found on a video
>>
>>125277218
>tldr DMC1 and God Hand is pinnacle of game design
whatever
>>
>>125281680
>Life also doesn't matter
why are we living, just to suffer?
>>
>>125238895
>le pizza for Dante
that's meme territory, it would be like renaming Vergil's Concentration to Motivation

>DMC5
the game will take place after DMC2 and will involve Dante and Nero going to hell to help Vergil who is fighting the forces of the newly revived Mundus to 1)protect the human world 2)become the king of Hell. Lady, Trish and Lucia stays at the human world to fend off Mundus' forces that is leaking.
Lady will play like Sam Gideon in the sense that Dante gave her Pandora which one of its form was a full on power armor.
Trish and Lucia have a tag team mechanic
Vergil will be balanced and have more weapons and summon swords formations to work with. And the concentration meter will be reworked.
Dante will have 8 styles, Trickster, Royalguard, Swordmaster, Gunslinger, Doppleganger, Quicksilver, GrappleMania, Stuntmaster. GrappleMania is focused heavily on grabbing enemies, doing Inazuna drops, suplex etc. Stuntmaster is using weapons as if they were vehicles
Vehicle weapons are a thing now, Motorcycle, Convertible, Jets as weapons confirmed
Nero will have full physical DT, more weapons and Devil forms to summon.
>>
File: 1254065242047.jpg (72KB, 476x356px)
1254065242047.jpg
72KB, 476x356px
>>125288627
>GrappleMania is focused heavily on grabbing enemies, doing Inazuna drops, suplex etc. Stuntmaster is using weapons as if they were vehicles
>Vehicle weapons are a thing now, Motorcycle, Convertible, Jets as weapons confirmed
>>
>>125281760
>reading youtube comments
why.jpg
>>
damn it Shinji
>>
>>125291491
it was a ps2 game with no budget. i thought she looked cute.
>>
File: Beta Gene.jpg (2MB, 1537x2174px) Image search: [Google]
Beta Gene.jpg
2MB, 1537x2174px
>>125291826
I guess.
Thank god somebody changed Gene's design.
>>
Now I'm trying to play NGB on Very Hard without any items. I've made it to the optional fiend challenge in the archives in chapter 6 and haven't gotten anywhere close to completing it. I'm starting to think that part of the reason they put healing items in this game was so they could serve as a means of bullshit-mitigation; when an enemy that's completely off-screen hits you immediately after some other enemy breaks your guard, that's when you're supposed to use healing items.
>>
>>125281680
>200 years
I wonder how scientists, historians from 200 years later will view the present (2015)
>>
>>125277218
What about getting an SS or Pure Platinum on every mission/chapter? That requires use of the "fake depth."
>>
>>125294183
see >>125281760
>>
>>125294553
I know, I was just responding to the comment
>>
File: Arrow counter 2.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Arrow counter 2.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>125293201

The AI is programmed specifically to do that. Items do not serve the purpose to make up for unfair situations because these do not exist. They're there for when players make a mistake.

You can always see enemy moves in advance. They can work together to try and put you in a vulnerable position, but you can foresee this and react accordingly. For example, you can learn to read enemy attacks to know if they're going to use a heavy strike, a light strike or a grab. Obviously if you see they're preparing a guard-breaking attack you move and stun them instead of blocking the attack

You can also use the instant guard reset trick if you're guard broken (see NG2 advanced guide draft or NGB advanced combat guide on gamefaqs).
>>
>>125296013
Good points. Thanks for the advice, I'll check out that gamefaqs guide.
>>
>>125094609
I liked her better in the DS game.
>>
>>125296212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sy1BQ5uDMM&index=6&list=PLMcQdnFqkDGdEWW2HjVALjy4k7NH39iZD
>>
>>125296915
Damn nice.
>>
>>125296373
>NG:DS
I remember playing a demo ages ago for it. as a devbro, i like how there's enemies that share animations with NG2.
>>
>>125296915
why do the white and black panther things have tits? Not complainin
>>
>>125299190
>>125296373

I think I only played for a few minutes before just forgetting about it altogether because the touch controls frustrated me somewhat. The game is good?
>>
>>125300336
can't really say much about it since i only played the demo. it wasn't bad for a touchbased NG game.
>>
>>125281760
Link to the original vid where this faggotry is?
>>
>>125299732
probably a furry in Team Ninja's dev team
>>
>>125302392
>toukiden Kiwami
Team Ninja had nothing to do with it
according to wikipedia, but wikipedia
is the game worth getting? Heard it was Monster Hunter clone + shit PC port
>>
>playing bayonetta
I have no fucking clue what I am doing. that umbran arts tutorial video series linked in the pastebin is dead. only has 2 episodes unless I'm a fucking retard and can't find the others
>>
>>125094609
>combo breaking enemies
I thought it was impossible to do combos in the traditional sense in Ninja Gaiden?
>>
>>125303620
i fucking hate that fucking word

he meant enemies that interrupt your canned attack string and/or stun you

You misunderstood that word in one of other five or six or whatever meanings
>>
File: 7t9t9o.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px)
7t9t9o.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>125302686
>MonHun clone
pretty much

>is it worth getting?
if you like MonHun and titty monsters

>not Team Ninja
at some point shortly after the Koei Tecmo merger, i read members of TN were swapped around and split up
>>
>>125302686
Honestly no. The enemies always feel like sponges and you have to abuse the Gimmick with the spirits to even do some decent damage. In MH it's understanding the weapon you are using and it's strengths.
>>
>>125303556
Yeah, he stopped with the series, only 2 episodes.

But those 2 episodes already explain a lot of the basic stuff.

I would help you, but i need more specific questions, so, feel free to ask.
>>
>>125304719
I dunno where to start, I'm just getting my ass handed to me. I'm trying to dodge with the signals it gives me but I don't understand how combos flow. I'm just mashing PKP over and over while dodge offsetting.
>>
>>125303556
1. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=umbran+arts
2. Umbran Arts are kinda terrible
3. Ask away, it's not like i have anything more interesting to do at work
>>
>>125277218

I wonder what constitutes "real" depth to this person.
>>
>>125304962
>1.
you missed the point of my question

>2.
well I was going by the pastebin given in the OP

>3.
>>125304938
>>
>>125304938
>. I'm trying to dodge with the signals it gives me
If you have trouble with proper timing on dodges:

1. Buy Bat Within -- if you don't see in the shop, play some story, it might unlock after some chapters. BW widens dodge timing

2. Spend some time practicing against enemies. When a new enemy appears -- kill all other angels and isolate it, then just practice dodging against all of it's moveset. Use both flash and audio cue. Tone down the music in options if you have to.
>>
>>125304603
why is the Lamia's vaginal region glowing? Is it a glitch? A weakspot indicator?
>>
>>125304938
About the dodge, is something you get with time/experience.

But the general rule is, the enemy will say a line (it is enochian, but this doesn't matter), and you'll see some kind of glow coming from the enemy, and also, a noise, those 3 together are very good indicators of when the move is about to come out, just practice.

The combos, let's start with the basics, The pistols (and all pistol-like weapons) have the same moves, this is where you should work.

All pause combos with punch only will result in a launcher (Like: P-P or PP-P).

If you do 3 punches and go for a kick without pause (PPPK), bayonetta will do a sweep move, this well, will put most enemies on a knockdown state.

You also have ground bounces, but i don't think they are going to be useful for you.

Also, in the game menu, there is explanation of what each combo string with each weapon combination do, so, you can look that.

But basically, every string has some sort of function, to put the enemy on a certain position, this is mostly universal, the weapons will change stuff like range, stagger, elemental damage, speed.
>>
>talk about Bayonetta killed the thread
>>
>>125307456
did you want to talk about something
>>
>>125305105
They cancelled the Umbran Arts stuff after 2 episodes because Ha0-whatever his name is a super sperg and couldn't work with Saur to continue it.
>>
>>125307456
It honestly feels like whenever someone talks about a game, the thread dies. I remember 2 threads dying the past couple of weeks because of NG discussion.
>>
>>125307456
>>125309028
Okay, thanks for being the teen girl who goes "AWKWAAARD" whenever there's a lull in conversation. We get it. People talked about a game and then ran out of things to say, just like literally any of the other times discussion has died for a period of time in a general that dies all the fucking time. Why you simpletons think this is some sort of phenomenon worth making observations about is beyond me.
>>
>>125309714
it's just a recurring joke/bump post along with "thread is dead" and "NG talk killed the thread" or other variations of it
>>
>>125310229
>It honestly feels like (...)
>>
>>125310229
>NG is killing cgg
more like DMC4 is only thing everyone wants talk. too few of us super ninjas to keep the thread active... except for that one guy who keeps baitin us by asking about NG3RE
HWA
>>
File: ninja_gaider_sigma_2_05.jpg (16KB, 626x352px) Image search: [Google]
ninja_gaider_sigma_2_05.jpg
16KB, 626x352px
>>125311896
HWA
>>
>>125311896
>baitin us by asking about NG3RE
real talk, i still replay razor's edge every once in a while and it almost threatens to be enjoyable until they throw out three shit enemies at once or one of the horrible repetitive boss fights
it's subtly bad
>>
File: 1449760382595.png (143KB, 483x359px) Image search: [Google]
1449760382595.png
143KB, 483x359px
>>125315372
I mean, it's a gimped NG2 at worst. but its faults look like canyons compared to black and 2
>>
HWA going to bed
>>
>>125311896

>too few of us super ninjas to keep the thread active

Would help if some of you ng players actually posted material. There's what... at least 5 of you and only one, ONE person in the entire general ever posts stuff that isn't art/fan art
>>
>>125318317
night hwa bro
>>
>>125301953
https://youtu.be/VxRxh8Ka5H8
These types of videos always get good responses
>>
>>125320157
This is a good as fuck video. Lately I've been super into in-depth analysis of video games, including mechanics and this just hits the spot. Pretty spot-on too.

Gonna subscribe to this dude.
>>
video itself isn't that bad, although I am pretty sure some of you guys could tear it a new one or make something better.
>>
>>125305835
Are you a furry? Why do you even bother to point them out?
>>
>>125305098
games where you are forced/compelled to use your entire moveset not because of some arbitrary "point" system, but due to enemy design or something I think. That entire comment is basically bitching how DMC or Bayo combat was designed around score for whatever leap of logic.
>>
>>125324753
maybe he's the only person in the world that liked the color-coded DmC enemies and he's trying to defend his shitty opinion
>>
>>125296915
this video makes me wonder, should player attacks have I-frames? Like, if Dante, Nero, Vergil etc had I frames during Helm Breaker or something, would the game lose or gain something? Or should this be something that is exclusive to NG or whatever hard game?
>>
Do I really need some form of xbox to play ng black?

FUK
>>
>>125325381
>this video makes me wonder, should player attacks have I-frames?
DMC is fine since enemies aren't that aggressive.
>>
>>125325481
you can buy it on XBox Live, I think.
>>
>>125325381
>exclusive to NG or whatever hard game?
yeah pretty much
NG punishes you for rolling at the wrong time and does a bunch of other shit to make it really difficult to defend yourself. adding i-frames to the attacks is necessary to allow people to get a decent offense going, or just to survive in general

DMC, Bayo, W101 all let you dodge attacks at pretty much any time so there's no reason to add more i-frames.those games want you to use the built-in dodge mechanics as much as possible. adding i-frame attacks would make the dodge less valuable
>>
>>125319448
Three actually, I think there is other who wrote some of the pastebin stuff and there was also a tripfag (a good tripfag color me surprised) named Queazy, but he doesn't post here anymore.

A bit weird, I think there is more people who played NG here than it looks.
>>
>>125327349
>there is more people who played NG here than it looks
pretty sure people here play lots of games. They just don't talk or post about them rendering them invisible.
>>
File: Itsuno, Reuben.jpg (118KB, 690x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Itsuno, Reuben.jpg
118KB, 690x1024px
>>125247471
>you'll look like a huge nerd wearing that with normal clothing
>>
>>125325381
>player attacks
Ryu doesn't have i-frames on *attacks*

He has i-frames on *counter* moves which require almost frame perfect reaction. And even then you don't i-frames through entirety of animation.

Funny how around year ago, i watched that same video and was asking about parries i-frames from our resident NGBro
>>
>>125330508
i meant regular attacks, not the ones that are explicitly augmented by shadow Ryu's to be invincible
>>
>>125330508
Guillotine Throw, the last part of Izuna Drop, wind path and UTs/OTs if you also want to count them all have i-frames. A lot of moves that left a trail or a "ghost" of Ryu have i-frames, the Tonfas for example are a prime example of this.
>>
>>125326002
>DMC, Bayo, W101 all let you dodge attacks at pretty much any time so there's no reason to add more i-frames
W101 didn't though. It used up some of your meter, and if you fucked up and didn't have enough W101 members, then iirc, you couldn't dodge at all. If you completely mismanaged your meter, then it could be difficult to dodge since you'd be constantly waiting for your meter to fill up while trying to avoid enemy attacks and/or trying to attack them yourselves.

It was also entirely possible to accidentally dodge into something that were harmful to your group as a whole.

Honestly I love that game, but it's a bit TOO punishing at some points.
>>
>>125330731
yeah, i just forgot them

my point was that these i-frames on counters are highly irregular and i personally never understood how TimmyGun can fit in enemy attacks into these windows
>>
>>125330808
Also, of course, if you didn't have enough meter at all, you couldn't dodge.

Maybe it could've used i-frames on the dodge. Throwing i-frames on the attacks would probably be a bit too much though, since it really has a lot in common with DMC and Bayo.
>>
>>125330851
From my personal experience you reach a point after some time playing that you just get used to both, the timing of your own maneuvers and the enemies' attacks.
>>
>>125330808
>It was also entirely possible to accidentally dodge into something that were harmful to your group as a whole.
That's why you disable drill spring chip.

As to dodge requiring meter, sure it might be frustrating but i very rarely had problem with meter running out because if you're aggressive game gives loads of energy. And i have a habit of Unite Camping entire bar up to full silver before starting mission.

Even with empty bar you still can do (charged) team attack and try to parry hoping to recover entire energy bar.

I say W101 meter management is peanuts compared to VJ or especially God Hard
>>
>>125331143
God Hand had meter management? Assuming TP
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKQExNt96Q

Where is Episode 1: VST7?
>>
>>125333961
after VST7, Alps and Mike will unite the Wonderful /cgg/ members and try to make the next episode.
>>
>>125334056
Fuck that, make one before VST to build hype and then make one after VST is over giving their thoughts and interviews with players or w/e.
>>
>>125334229
impossible to organize such an event in a short time
>>
>>125288627
>vehicle weapons
>motorcycle, convertible, jets
>in DMC
how would that work, at all?
>>
>>125303620
i don't think you understand what the traditional meaning of the word combo is

a combo is any string of sequential attacks where the first hit guarantees that the rest of the hits will land

combos are possible in literally any 3d beat-em-up

you just can't get super technical with combos in NG like you could in DMC which is a game built around its ridiculous combo system
>>
>>125331143
god hand had extremely shallow meter management what are you even talking about

it was literally just tied to activating the god hand
>>
File: 1447095224320.jpg (15KB, 546x474px)
1447095224320.jpg
15KB, 546x474px
>>125336576
>impossible
Nothing is impossible, you bamboo.
>>
>>125338554
unless somebody else wants to organize that event and has contacts with the more-or-less well known people in /cgg/, it's not that feasible within that time constraint
>>
>>125338491
>>125332319
God Hard.

God HaRd.
>>
>>125338345
I believe that a combo would be any sequence of attacks where the enemy is locked in hitstun, being able to connect everything doesn't mean you are putting the enemy in a combo (he might have super armor, or just be an stationary enemy like the chess pieces in dmc3)
>>
>>125338839
I don't know how to read
>>
>>125334056
>unite the wonderful /cgg/ members
oh, so after the release of DMC5, NG4 and Bayonetta 3. OK.
>>
File: Roll Credits.gif (1MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Roll Credits.gif
1MB, 300x168px
>>125338659
Alps, Mike and the sluts they bakkake already have each others contacts. Since when did it become an extreme to discuss things like expectations, surprises, and the lot that is VST7 with a bunch of regulars? I don't even care for a VST aftermath episode featuring some random like that scrub ChaserNoTech or Blowsoft. Maybe I'll care if Repetitive-guri or Suckaki appears in the episode. Oh yeah fuck ninjas and oneechans. They're so out of styles these days. Whoever does VJoe deserves a VST exclusive.

Rolling credits for DMC.
>>
>>125340759
keking so hard. thank you. I wonder if Oneechan has skype or something. Where is oneechan?
>>
>>125333961
>Where is Episode 1: VST7?
read the description
>>
>>125333961
see
>>124811024
>>
File: kiss.gif (952KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
kiss.gif
952KB, 356x200px
The niggas that put celldweller in thier entry were instaban :^)
>>
bumpa wumpa
>>
>>125342803
I somehow doubt it
>>
>>125338839
there is no cuhray game called God Hard + just call it Vanquish
>>
>>125319448
what, you mean videos and webms? cant. don't have any of the games or any consoles
>>
File: 1422546421549552.png (600KB, 1012x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1422546421549552.png
600KB, 1012x1088px
>>125333961
>blowhard
>>
cox
>>
>>125319448

I used to post webms and provide content all the time, but being ignored or being told that I could just cheese a fight/strat instead of digging into the game when that goes against the entire point of this general got on my nerves
>>
>>125199593
dude a shekel is like 1/4 of a dollar.
for 50$ i might have bought it.
>>
File: Coolfights (164).webm (1MB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
Coolfights (164).webm
1MB, 640x420px
Explosive bump
>>
File: 1365200475701.jpg (123KB, 421x600px)
1365200475701.jpg
123KB, 421x600px
5 days
>>
>>125331143
It's not even really a problem for me now either, since there are loads of way to regain lots of meter, like Attack Liner (that's what it's called right?), which makes meter management MUCH easier. But it's pretty unforgiving, let's be honest.

>I say W101 meter management is peanuts compared to VJ or especially God Hard
Nigga I've played both and W101 meter management is just as bad as either.
>>
File: Flails 3.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Flails 3.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>125330851
The easiest way to learn the i-frames of counterattacks is by practicing against bosses. Like I've specified in the guide, counterattacks with phantom trails give i-frames, but not all counterattacks have phantom trails and some of them can have i-frames even without phantom trails in specific parts of the animation. The lunar for example has two different types of counters; light and heavy. The light counter is a regular attack animation you can perform with the lunar at any moment, but as a counter it's a combined defensive and offensive move since it also gives i-frames. The heavy counter is a launcher and has i-frames as well, but you can chain it and perform a combo with starts off with the counter as the first strike.

On the contrary, the DS light counter has phantom trails for its two strikes, but the heavy counter which only has one strike doesn't have i-frames, meaning that if you get stuck with an incendiary shuriken you'll be vulnerable since it also has an animation lock.

Besides there's other regular attacks that also have i-frames without phantom trails. Most notoriously is the 360Y and ->Y moves on the blade of the archfiend
>>
File: eh.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
eh.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>125341004
>Where is oneechan?

Haven't felt like playing these kinds of games, or much of anything really. As of now I just play fighting games on occasion.

> I wonder if Oneechan has skype or something.

I've been in the cgg skype group since it was initially created.

>>125232706
>Tales anon?
I don't talk nonsense about games I don't even play. There was one Tales shitposter that appeared a long time ago and never returned. Neither me nor the other recent Tales guy are that guy. Some guy accused me of being the old Talesfag just because I said ToX2's combat has more to it than Z2 chaos'.

If anything the spike in shitposting over the last few threads contributes to why I don' bother posting anything.
>>
>>125370789
What the fuck happened between 9 and 10 seconds in this video?

I swear Ryu's animation just skipps suddenly.
>>
>>125375135

I redirected the attack
>>
>>125375714
That's what it seemed like but it also looks like you cancelled some animation into another animation.
>>
>>125372367
do you know champ's identity? Am I correct in assuming it's a cgg oldfag?
>>
File: Untitled.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>125376335

you can see her

That spin attack is present in a variety of Ryu's combos as a finisher. There's slight variations of each, this one in particular you do it while running. You should be able to see the frame where Ryu spins with the flails and in the last part of the animation he redirects his spin backwards toward the other ninja.
>>
>>125340254
NeverInAMillionYears.jpg
>>
>>125354358

This nigga even alive anymore?
>>
>>125377282
Alright I see it.

God, NG2 is so fast.
>>
>>125379256
last upload was six days ago, so I dunno, you tell me
>>
File: salem.jpg (12KB, 471x340px) Image search: [Google]
salem.jpg
12KB, 471x340px
>>
File: 1274392917904.png (75KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1274392917904.png
75KB, 256x256px
>>125380046
aunt zelda's tiddys
>>
>>125380480
>>125380046

what does the cat from that one tv show have to do with anything?
>>
File: 1276501087819.jpg (6KB, 195x209px) Image search: [Google]
1276501087819.jpg
6KB, 195x209px
>>125381636
If you don't know you're not allowed to enter VST7. get out newfag
>>
>>125382612
my hands are fucked anyway, I can't enter shit. Educate me please?
>>
File: 1348141610665.jpg (36KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1348141610665.jpg
36KB, 700x525px
Why doesn't anyone want to fly? ;_;
>>
File: 1283601461592.jpg (74KB, 380x385px) Image search: [Google]
1283601461592.jpg
74KB, 380x385px
>>125382854
It happened in one of the old threads. Might be a year or 2 ago. Someone posted salem, probably as a reaction image. Then discussion ensued about aunt zelda and one of the anon's got a massive milf boner for her when he was young.
Then someone me posted about having seen her tits, and that she's got a nice ass too. The next thread was named aunt zelda edition. Good times honestly
>>
>>125383278
>>125382854
Pretty sure it was because of an anon who posted a list of his torrents with, like, 50gb of Sabrina The Teenage Witch.

Then /cgg/ devolved into salemposting and discussion about aunt zelda's tits for about two weeks.
>>
>>125383627
Oh. I believe that's true. 50gb of sabrina. Damn. Because there was a character in it named dante. One of sabrina's boyfriends or something.
>>
>>125377282
hey ngbro, do you know if ng2 has any "undocumented" combos/strings?
>>
>That feeling of dread when you pick up dmc4 after a few months and you've forgotten almost everything
>that feeling when it all comes back to you within a few half hour sessions.
>>
>>125387370
Usually whenever I take breaks from DMC4, I find myself getter better faster than just constantly playing.
>>
>>125385465
>>
>>125387717
why the fuck did you make a new thread?
>>
>>125385473
not ngbro but rather ngDUDE here, what exactly do you mean by "undocumented" combos/strings?

do you mean like combos that aren't part of the combo list?
>>
File: 1448516939875.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1448516939875.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>125387717
Fuck off
>>
>>125385473

Well technically all freeform combo variations are undocumented. However off the top of my head I can't recall any "hidden" moves like in NGB. All attacks are documented in the in-game techniques even when some don't appear to be

For example, with the Kusari-Gama you have an on-land attack that you perform by pressing X after landing from a jump. Ryu spins with the chain, and you can follow up this with YYY for an extended combo

However you can also do this combo normally with 360YYYY. It's the exact same combo, but the difference lies in how you start it. The game doesn't document the combo beyond being able to perform the 360Y spin as an OL move, but the 360YYYY combo is documented

Same for every other individual move in the game. Even flying swallows that you perform after an in-air shuriken cancel are documented, since the description for the FS is (->Y in-air)
>>
>>125387818
what?! no! I was posting that someone else made a thread for some reason. I didn't know it was going to shorten the url to make it look like that. probably should said somethimg along with the post.
>>
>>125387717
>>125389209
I'm just confused over why somebody would make a new-ish thread. Wonder if it's pure spite.
>>
>>125388758
Interesting. I had asked because there was a combo I did once a long time ago and I dont know if its bad memory or what.
True Dragon Sword:
fwd X, X, fwd Y, Y, fwd hard Y, Y, Y, Y
>>
>>125105564
i never understood this dank meme. i recently played through DMC1 for the first time and nightmare 3 was kind of challenging but i still managed to beat him without dying. when you kill nelo angelo you take out 1/4 of nightmare's health and ifrit rapes his blue orb.
now mundus fucked me over and cause me to get 4 game overs. fucking bullshit shooting section, doesnt belong in a DMC game. now i know where kamiya got his inspiration for that chapter in bayo
>>
>>125391663
>fucking bullshit shooting section, doesnt belong in a DMC game. now i know where kamiya got his inspiration for that chapter in bayo
if this is bait then good job because I'm fucking triggered
>>
>>125391874
it came out the wrong way, i know kamiya did dmc 1 and bayo, what i meant was i understood the "blueprint" for that chapter in bayo, as kamiya just reused that section.
>>
>>125392036
Okay now I'm slightly less triggered.

The "blueprint" for that section is Space Harrier, a game that apparently molested Kamiya when he was young because he's had an unhealthy fixation on it ever since, and I completely agree that he needs to stop shoehorning it into every goddamn Platinum game.
>>
>>125392216
I wonder if Kamiya will finally let it go after the space harrier-esque dragon flying sections in Scalebound. Surprised that he didn't get to direct Star Fox WiiU
>>
>>125392216
Kamiya said he didn't like Treasure Ltd. right?

Sometimes I wonder what he thinks about Sin & Punishment 1 and 2. They're practically spiritual successors to Space Harrier.
>>
>>125392617
>Kamiya said he didn't like Treasure Ltd. right?
He's a boor but I can't believe he'd say that.
>>
>>125392784
Someone brought it up in one of these threads a LONG time ago. I'm probably the only one who remembers.

Something about Platinum and Treasure not liking each other's games or something.
>>
>>125392891
https://twitter.com/pg_kamiya/status/182329627799334912
I assume that's the tweet. Hard to take anything he says on twitter seriously, but if taken at face value my only response to that tweet is "well fuck him then".
>>
>>125393158
Wow, maybe I should ask him what he thinks of Sin & Punishment 2.
>>
>>125393484
BLOCKED
>>
>>125393589
Most likely scenario.
>>
>>125393710
I was actually going to ask him something else probably anyway. I've been meaning to for awhile
>>
>>125393994
which site did he asked people to use before asking questions? TwitLogger or something?
>>
>>125382923
>>125383278
Ducks? Why Ducks?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfEYJCWw_tQ

what a shitty boss lol
>>
>>125395710
glad to see the Armadillo boss from Lost Planet got other jobs
>>
>>125395710
And this is why NG boss design generally isn't as good as DMC or Platinum game design.
>>
>>125396430
You're right, I've never seen any DMC or Platinum game boss be cheesed by strong item usage.
>>
>>125396430
>implying you can't loop DMC bosses.
>>
>>125396430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W0xCdA47r0
>>
>>125396982
Seriously though, why did they make real impact SO strong? It's such a cheese move.
>>
>>125396430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFPRv5Q4REY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGKhQfml_G8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYCbX7FzE_g every single boss in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Afo9By2Jec
>>
File: Cloud Dragon of the Earth.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud Dragon of the Earth.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>125390948

Yep, it's this combo

->XX->YY->Y(hold)YYY

It's sort of an unlisted combo, but it's actually a combination of two combos: Cloud Dragon Flying Swallow and Dragon of the Earth

See the last ->Y(hold) move of Dragon of the Earth is a basic attack. It's one of Ryu's four basic launchers that he can perform with the TDS. This means that it counts as an individual strike that can start up its own combo chain

CDFS is XY(hold)YYY,. Again, Y(hold) is the same launcher as ->Y(hold) but it's preceded by a light strike and removes the necessity of directional input. Since the ->Y(hold) launcher is connected to this combo string, the game detects it as a sort of combo "reset". While the technique lists the Dragon of the Earth combo as ->XX->YY->Y(hold), because the last move is itself starter for another combo you can chain it up with YYY to perform the second half of CDFS

It's basically the same case I explained with the Kusari-Gama previously. You have a basic attack that can be performed in two different circumstances, but the properties for that particular strike are the same so you can follow it up with another combo for the weapon regardless. It's not a case of cancelling a preset combo to create a freeform combo so much as that the game allows you to freely link up combos
>>
File: 1430024021228.jpg (33KB, 720x629px) Image search: [Google]
1430024021228.jpg
33KB, 720x629px
>>125397559
>4SE Vergil
the spirit of vorgil lives on
>>
>>125397559
did Vergil guard/parry an attack? Third video, against Echidna.
>>
>>125398385
I assume you mean 28:18, yes
>>
>>125398568
huh, didn't know he could do that.
>>
>>125396430

someone post that webm of the fiend ninja counterattacking and killing the guy in a single combo
>>
>>125379256
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umW_Z_TsR1Q
all them feels
>>
>>125395710
>>125396430

Bosses in the NG series are a hit or miss. When they're good, they're really good, like Genshin, Alma, Elizabet, Zedonius, Doku or generally any of the human/humanoid bosses.

When they're shit, they're complete and utter shit, like the Flame Armadillo, Gigadeath or that wierd-ass skeleton beast from NG Sigma.
>>
>>125391663
Because for whatever reason you didn't have an issue against Nightmare it doesn't make it a "dank meme".

Nightmare is probably the hardest boss in the game. Nelo Angelo is hard, but at least you know what he is going to do most of the time and how to approach each situation correctly. With Nightmare the answer is not always the same and it can fuck you over at any second.
>>
>>125395710
Hey man how are things going for you in 2008?
>>
>>125401020
i kinda liked that skeleton thing
>>
>>125401020
Elizabeth is not, by any means, a "good" boss.
>>
>>125401568
It's been a good few years since I played NG2, but I remember enjoying her, what was bad about her? I remember she had a really annoying grab attack but otherwise I thought she was okay.
>>
>>125391663
>. now i know where kamiya got his inspiration for that chapter in bayo

Not exactly, Kamiya will put shooting sections in his game because he loves old arcade shooters, that is it, but one thing i learned with kamiya himself, if you keep going in circles, you're never going to get hit, this works for w101 and bayonetta 3d shooting sections, i have to see if it works with Mundus first form, but it will probably work well.
>>
>>125401196
Not to mention the camera is your worst enemy in DMC1, with the shitty-ass platforming/jumping mechanics coming a close second.

Seriously, half the damage I suffered during the Nightmare boss fights was from failed attempts to jump on his back when the crystal gets exposed.

I actually rage quit DMC1 for about 2-3 months, not because of any boss fight, but because I got frustrated with the platforming on Mission 21 on my very first playthrough of the game on Normal.

At that point, I had built up a lot of frustration over the game being so dated and clunky compared to DMC3/4, and when I failed a platforming section in Mission 21 and fell into a pit of lava, I just rage quit for 2-3 months before finishing the damn game and never touching it again.
>>
>>125401359
Not everyone plays games when they first come out.
>>
>>125401020
My nigga.
>>
>>125401657
Well for starters some of your attacks can go right through her without causing any damage. Her hitstun is a piece of buggy shit.

Thanks to bosses like her I feel no remorse in looping her to death with the Flails or the Claws.
>>
>>125401803
>go in to old game with expectation of modern(ish) improvements
>get so pissed you never play it again
I'm really glad I know how to go into games understanding the time and context they were developed in.
>>
>>125401020
>weird skeleton boss
what boss is that?
>>
>>125402031
I'm not him, but how would understanding the time and context in which a game was developed prevent me from getting pissed off at a clunky platforming section?
>>
>>125397559
Literally all of those things at least take more skill than cheesing NG bosses out
>>
File: Bone_Dragon.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px)
Bone_Dragon.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>125401803
DMC1 is probably my favorite in the series but yea I understand.

What pisses me off the most on DMD is the obscene damage you take, and the obscene damage the bosses can take. Fights that were pretty straighfoward before like Griffon are now a chore because you get hit by one (1) of its lightning attacks (and people who played DMC1 will remember that he makes columns of lightning that come at you) and you lose 50% of your health.

>>125402227
It was also in NGB.
>>
>>125402031
I appreciate the game for being the godfather of the modern third-person action game, but it hasn't aged very well aside from the combat system and the art design.

The platforming is just terrible. Absolutely terrible. It makes a lot of moments in the game utterly frustrating. I don't know how the hell I managed to get through half this game as an 11-year old when this game came out in 2001. I guess I didn't know any better back then and was able to enjoy games as they are.

Other sections are pretty awful too. Like fighting that goddamn ship section. I'm not just talking about the swimming part in the first half, but also the Death Scythe and Nightmare boss fights in the second half. Such a shitty camera angle making the fights a pain in the ass. Or any sort of platforming that requires you to accurately jump on the back of a boss to do serious damage to it. Not just Nightmare, but any of the Phantom fights.

To be fair, it does a lot of things I think other games should do. I obviously haven't played DMD difficulty on DMC1, but I've seen playthroughs of it since beating the game on Normal, and I really like the idea of a timer for how long it takes before enemies go Devil Trigger. That feels much more fair and fun and not tedious than having them automatically go Devil Trigger in DMC3 after killing a certain amount of enemies on screen.
>>
>>125401462
I kinda did too. Certainly way better than the flame armadillo and about a billion times better than gigadeath.
>>
>>125402657
>bone dino
he was probably the easiest boss
>>
>>125391663
> Nightmare
is very easy to fuck yourself over while fighting because of it's orb status that is retained between encounters

If you don't know about orb colours and don't spread damage between two orbs and don't get eaten by nightmare at the right time to reset damage, it's possible get both orbs red by third fight and that is fucking bullshit

>>125401803
>Seriously, half the damage I suffered during the Nightmare boss fights was from failed attempts to jump on his back when the crystal gets exposed.
That jump has a very peculiar timing. Just don't try divekick in (50% chance of flying just past the orb into the laser), just do regular jump after laser appears and starts to move towards you, not before and not earlier.

If you know all of Nightmare tricks and now the timings and how to parry his shit he can be manipulated into doing your bidding.

S-ranking him on Hard is still hard as balls because your jumping on his back timing must be on point. On DMD it's twice as hard and final phase is just pure BS and random shit -- especially with the way you have to switch from Ifrit and grenade launcher to Alastor and guns.

>>125401658
>if you keep going in circles, you're never going to get hit, this works for w101 and bayonetta 3d shooting sections, i have to see if it works with Mundus first form
No it doesn't.

You actually have to look what is coming at you and dodge it. Meteorites and lightnings come from all random directions.

At least you have i-framey spinning move to save your ass, but first form is still pretty BS especially on DMD where Mundus throws THREE types of attacks at you at the same time.

Oh and for Bayo shooting section the solution is not to dodge enemies but to just kill all flying angels before they even have chance to shoot by mashing both shoot buttons and using rockets once you collected enough magic. It's trivial.
>>
>>125404219
>If you don't know about orb colours and don't spread damage between two orbs and don't get eaten by nightmare at the right time to reset damage, it's possible get both orbs red by third fight and that is fucking bullshit
Not him but what is this?
>>
>>125404219
>Oh and for Bayo shooting section the solution is not to dodge enemies but to just kill all flying angels before they even have chance to shoot by mashing both shoot buttons and using rockets once you collected enough magic. It's trivial.

Yeah, but going in circles is easier and sometimes i don't feel like mashing two buttons.
>>
>>125402349
>>125396430

Just kill yourself already retard
>>
>>125404671
http://www.phantombabies.net/faq/#Nightmare1

go to "Core Mechanics" if you want to know about how orbs work

Nightmare is one of the most elaborate and unique bosses. Kamiya really knocked it out of the park with it and Shadow.

Amazing design.
>>
>>125405559
>http://www.phantombabies.net/faq/#Nightmare1
Thanks, it'll be useful since I'm 7 missions away from beating DMD, that means I still have 2 fights with Nightmare.
>>
chump
>>
File: Olivia.jpg (2MB, 1530x2174px) Image search: [Google]
Olivia.jpg
2MB, 1530x2174px
hump
>>
File: The broken Stuff.webm (3MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
The broken Stuff.webm
3MB, 700x394px
Hey, a bayonetta webm, what a miracle.

nothing too interesting, but i'm managing to get as many clips as possible, and separate what will be good for my freestyle entry
>>
How do you all respond to shitters on /v/ who say that games like Bayo, W101, NG2, Vanquish or DMC3 are easier than Dark Souls because those games allow you to play on easy mode difficulties?

How would you respond to these very same people who say that those games aren't hard because you aren't forced to play on higher difficulties?

How would you respond to these people who would also call any attempt at spending lots of time to learn the deep combat mechanics of games like DMC3, Bayo, etc. as "autism"?

How do you feel about people in the Souls and Bloodborne fanbase constantly trying to claim the mantle of having the hardest and most punishing games ever made?
>>
>>125411562
you respond by not going to /v/, you tard
>>
>>125296013
woah, totally missed this. would you have been able to reach him on flat land?
awesome btw
>>
>>125411562
I don't know man, i wouldn't talk with people like that in the first place.

And i believe there are people that play cuhrayzee and also play the soul series.

But about the difficulty, i never thought about cuhrayzee games being difficult in specific, like, cuhrayzee games are just as fun, difficult, easy, or boring as the person playing it.
>>
>>125411562
I'll preface this by saying the Souls series is one of my favorite series of games.

>easier than Dark Souls because those games allow you to play on easy mode difficulties
If they resort to stupid shit like that to argue that the Souls series is harder than cuhrayzee games, I would point out that fact that you can summon other players to help you in Souls games, which isn't so different from having an easy mode.

>those games aren't hard because you aren't forced to play on higher difficulties
A few things. First of all, I would point out the fact that no one is forced to play any game at all. And, to be honest, I had about as much trouble with the normal modes of DMC1 and DMC3 as I did with Dark Souls on my first playthrough. Second of all, repeat playthroughs matter, and Dark Souls is significantly easier on repeat playthroughs. Cuhrayzee games are potentially harder on repeat playthroughs due to higher difficulties. Really, I think it makes more sense to judge the difficulty of a game by its highest setting, and NG on MNM is about a million times harder than Dark Souls.

>call any attempt at spending lots of time to learn the deep combat mechanics of games like DMC3, Bayo, etc. as "autism"
I call those people casuals. Seriously though, what's autistic about having a hobby and enjoying it enough to put some real effort into it?

>the hardest and most punishing games ever made
Anyone who thinks this about the Souls games has never played a roguelike. This is a fact.
>>
>>125411562
Souls games are RPGs and have stat boosting through leveling up. Leveling up is mechanic that provides a sense of progression and rewards player for time spent by simply increasing some arbitrary number in the system.

In proper action game design all progression happens in player's mind. Player learns new skills and hones his skills. There are no artificial barriers like grinding gates, once acquired skill one can start a new file save and beat the game 100% in one go, without needing some kind of late game equipment.

I am doing Revengeance mode with level 1 sword and only polearm. No pincers, no sais, no wigs, no ripper. I am a stupid person for being a stupid person and against better judgment hoping that MGR adheres to action game design of not needing any grinding to get all S-ranks

Also being proud that your favourite game is hard is dumb, what you REALLY should be arguing if it's GOOD.
>>
>>125411562
I like souls games but they are far from the hardest games ever lmao. people who think souls games are hard are shitters. I like them because they're legend of zelda games without being a near-dead franchise, not because of the gameplay.
>>
>>125414882

The sad thing is that even pure action games haven't let go of the whole notion of making it necessary for players to upgrade weapons. It's a dated game design mechanic that has seeped in from RPGs.

That's why I think Ninja Gaiden is perfect in this regard (despite its numerous flaws in other areas). You can upgrade your weapons in Ninja Gaiden, but doing so won't actually make the individual hits of the weapon any more powerful. It doesn't increase the damage from doing (say) 20HP on LV1 to 40HP on LV2. It'll just give you access to different moves.

I hate it when games use upgrades to add damage to weapons and are designed around the assumption that players will upgrade these weapons by the end game or the highest difficulties. It creates unnecessary grind.

Even my favorite cuhrayzee game, DMC3, has power upgrades for your guns. Thankfully, though, they are among the least necessary of the upgrades in DMC3.
>>
>>125415295
>You can upgrade your weapons in Ninja Gaiden, but doing so won't actually make the individual hits of the weapon any more powerful.
it definiitely increases the delimb chance and i'm pretty sure it also increases damage
>>
>>125416506
delimbing doesn't exist prior to NG2
I dunno about the damage thing, though
>>
>>125416506
Does it? It seems to take the exact same number of hits for me to kill an average ninja enemy with a level 1 sword as it does with a fully upgraded level 4 sword.

I know that the level 4 sword has access to the strongest moves, but it doesn't seem as if it makes the basic moves any stronger.
>>
>>125415132

>Zelda
>near-dead

Niggayoujustwentfullretard.jpg
>>
>>125415295

The same is true for NG2, but the game isn't designed with the mindset that you'll need to upgrade the weapons to deal more damage. Indeed their effectiveness comes from having more available moves. The enemy health pool isn't so absurd as to require damage upgrades

In NG2 there's even less need for damage upgrades because of the delimbing system and the new boss mechanics (see: NG2 guide draft) but the overall damage upgrades are still there
>>
>>125416987
Goddamn, I just got proven wrong. Who are you? Did you do this graph? If so, I respect the dedication you have to the series. If only more people were dedicated to these games.
>>
>>125395254
Because ducks can fly and we are a bunch of ducks. It's cuhrayzee
>>
>>125416987
one thing i noticed about NGB bosses is that how little health they actually have.

Successful combo cutting through 20-30% of boss health is completely normal.

So damage upgrade is even more irrelevant due to this.

If you can dodge their attacks, they go down in minute-two.
>>
>>125418808
>they go down in minute-two.

I really like this about NGB and NG2.

I like that the bosses can kill you dozens of times and are very hard to hit, but once you know how to fight them they can go down in a minute, even on MN.

I prefer this approach to enemy health than the multiple health bars of games like Bayo or W101.

Or non-cuhrayzee games like Bloodborne, where the boss health goes utterly ridiculous in New Game Plus and higher and necessitates that you mindlessly grind for damage-increasing gems to do decent damage.
>>
File: gaiden1.png (710KB, 1500x3256px) Image search: [Google]
gaiden1.png
710KB, 1500x3256px
>>125417428

Nope, this graphic was done a long time ago be someone else. He was working on a NG2 damage chart as well. Problem is that since the only way to test damage is against bosses you run into the armored/unarmored mechanic that they have in NG2, so a lot of this is just speculation and the chart was ultimately left unfinished

I tried redoing it myself, but I came to the same problem. It was very hard to accurately measure the damage output of all weapons for their distinct UT values, even moreso because I don't use an HD capture card so the footage is unreliable at best

However it still helped me a lot in writing the section on UTs for the NG2 combat guide, which I've updated on a couple of sections yet again

http://pastebin.com/b1w2D0Vu
>>
>>125419994
>armored, unarmored
whats this mean, ngbro?
>>
>>125420242

All bosses in NG2 have armored and unarmored sections. Think of Gigadeath for example. Its weak spot is the head because it's where it takes the most damage. If you hit it anywhere else in the body it only takes a fraction of that total damage

Same thing happens with all bosses. As the name implies, some of their body parts are "armored" so conventional damage values don't apply there since they only take a fraction of based damage. This means that if your overall damage with a weapon goes up when you upgrade it, you'll still deal the same damage on its armored side. All damage upgrades rather apply to their unarmored sections

You can test this out easily against any boss. Repeat a certain attack over and over and try to hit from different angles. You'll see sometimes you'll deal TWICE as much damage, this means you hit a certain part of the boss's hitbox that is coded to take regular damage rather than "boss" damage
>>
File: Volf.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Volf.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>125420731

Actually you can see it here

When Ryu goes through volf there's a couple of strikes that land on his back. There he deals more damage. Meanwhile if you notice when attacking from the front he deals less "pixels" of damage
>>
>>125414882
>am doing Revengeance mode with level 1 sword and only polearm. No pincers, no sais, no wigs, no ripper. I am a stupid person for being a stupid person and against better judgment hoping that MGR adheres to action game design of not needing any grinding to get all S-ranks

Honestly MGR becomes a lot more fun when you do this, I feel like a fully upgraded sword takes all the fun out of MGR especially if you grab armor breaker, there's a ton of nuances to most of the enemies that require you to swap through blade mode and use the properties of your attacks.

but once you upgrade your sword then LOL PARRY and none of that knowledge is the least bit useful. For anyone wanting mileage out of MGR, level 1 sword on VH changes the entire game
>>
>>125421024
Ah, I see. and christ I've forgotten how fast ng2 is.
>>
File: img_026.jpg (394KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
img_026.jpg
394KB, 960x544px
HWA
>>
>>125310229
>NG talk killed the thread
>>
>>125421286
>a lot more fun
i am facing Mistral and my regular slash with non-upgraded sword even after i destroy her staff does less than one percent.

Less than one percent.

Also i am brute forced into one single strategy if i want to keep her from jumping away and do her annoying wheel attack.

I don't think it's fun
>>
>>125418117
Ducks are the least cuhrayziest animals ever
>>
>>125421286

MGR suffers from a lot of design decisions that railroad players into a very specific way of playing. For starters the game outright punishes you if you don't upgrade your weapons by making the enemies damage sponges as difficulty goes up. This means that if you want to try something new like no upgrade runs you are going to be met with plain artificial difficulty that comes from just making everything hit 10x harder and take 10x more punishment

Combined with the fact that the game gives very limited options for maneuverability you'll often find yourself "stuck" (parrying incessantly due to the number of active combat-capable enemies for one). This becomes especially problematic with bosses because there's no way to deal a lot of increased damage other than spamming Ripper mode.

VH in MGR is so poorly designed. It feels like it was just an afterthought and that the game is entirely balanced around Hard difficulty and using QTEs for literally every single kill

Not that the bosses themselves are difficult, they're just tedious because they take forever to kill. Whoever came up with the boss mechanics in MGR is a complete hack
>>
This is Cuhrayzee right?
http://gematsu.com/2015/12/sengoku-basara-sanada-yukimura-den-announced-ps4-ps3
>>
File: calibur.png (320KB, 526x383px) Image search: [Google]
calibur.png
320KB, 526x383px
>>125429194
The other spin offs are shallow, mostly melee based GvG clones. But since this is on an actual console, maybe it's just Capcom putting out a new Basara game while not actually adding to the main series? If it's focused on one character, or fewer in general, with a larger moveset, it could be pretty cool. Only time will tell.
>>
>>125430201
>>125429194

Capcom: which IP should I use today? Miss Wang, Roll the wheel of IP!
Secretary: *rolls the wheel of IP*
*the wheel of IP spins, just before stopping at DMC, the wheel tilts back slightly and lands on Sengoku Basara*
Capcom: Sengoku Basara it is!
>>
>>125427693
>Whoever came up with the boss mechanics in MGR is a complete hack
>the director for MGR directed Transformers Devastation,
>>
File: 1449996638728.jpg (70KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
1449996638728.jpg
70KB, 300x444px
>>125430713
Goddammit.
>>
>>125431912
Well, the games have different teams, so it'll be fine. If DMC is going to have stuff this year, this wouldn't really affect it.
>>
File: 1434735562848.jpg (14KB, 204x247px)
1434735562848.jpg
14KB, 204x247px
>>125062273
>tfw no NGII for PS3
>>
>>125430713
>>125430201
hopefully, game is good if not cuhrayzee
>>
File: 1384180616483.jpg (29KB, 400x461px) Image search: [Google]
1384180616483.jpg
29KB, 400x461px
>tfw you beat DMC1 in DMD

Ok, I used a shitload of items in some of the last missions, but can't help it, the bosses are some of the biggest damage sponges I've fought against, and they also know how to inflict severe pain on you. Pure evil.
>>
File: NG Rachel 2.jpg (89KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
NG Rachel 2.jpg
89KB, 720x480px
cump
>>
File: Bayo.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bayo.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
hump
>>
File: Nier 2.jpg (799KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nier 2.jpg
799KB, 1080x1080px
>>125430713
This has happened a few times on the wheel of IP actually. There's is no hope, just move on to the best game to come out this generation.
>>
>>125439294
game isn't confirmed good let alone confirmed cuhrayzee
>>
File: nier automata.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nier automata.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>125439294
Those lips are dangerous.
>>
>>125440684
>>125440684
>game isn't confirmed good
Where have you been? Gameplay release along time ago.

>let alone confirmed cuhrayzee
Who gives a fuck? Is that all you do, playing games that other people think are good?
>>
>>125441025
>playing games that other people think are good
nope, play ps2 games and other "retro" stuff.
>>
File: 1441573183869.gif (2MB, 295x270px) Image search: [Google]
1441573183869.gif
2MB, 295x270px
>>125441494
Nigga quit lying.
>>
>>125441784
shit, you caught me. OK, I confess. I only play eroge recommended by /hgg/
>>
File: PN03.gif (779KB, 149x250px) Image search: [Google]
PN03.gif
779KB, 149x250px
>>125441958
wish she got another game
>>
File: ThatAss.gif (2MB, 264x426px)
ThatAss.gif
2MB, 264x426px
>>125442719
Challenge
>>
>>125444691
oh hai BnS anon
>>
>>125445796
I'm not even that guy.
>>
>>125444691
I NEED MORE
>>
>>125447835
I wonder if Vergil would have a Harem in hell.
>>
>>125449253
If nero wasn't his son (and this is yet to be officialy confirmed), i would believe that vergil doesn't feel sexual desire towards anything...
>>
>>125449419
he only did it because his father did it. nothing more.
>>
>>125449419
Yeah I hate the idea of Nero being Vergil's son. Just wouldn't at all fit Vergil's character. Always thought of him as asexual after playing DMC3.
>>
>>125449419
>and this is yet to be officialy confirmed
Art book
>>
ded
>>
So obviously anyone who cares knows about blade mode cancels in MGR since it's one of only a couple "advanced" techniques in the game, but what other stuff is there to be done with blade mode? I ask because using it during a slide lengthens the slide (something else I'm sure everyone is aware of), and I'm curious whether there are any other tricks like that. I'm hoping there are, similar to how Dante gets more dashes etc. in devil trigger, but I'm guessing there aren't.
>>
File: dmccontrol.png (54KB, 1133x562px) Image search: [Google]
dmccontrol.png
54KB, 1133x562px
New to /cgg/, I downloaded DMC3SE and followed the controller fixes on the pastebin, and no matter what I do the analog sticks are mixed.

Pic related, my settings that I believe should be working.
>>
ded
>>
>>125457619
I don't remember even having to use xpadder.
>>
>>125457619
WELCOME. Be sure to always keep in mind when posting that some people here are assholes and will critisize everything you do. It's not personal. They're just cunts.

about your controller issue. The sticks should be fixed if you install update 1.3. If all else fails try switching the sticks in your controller driver's profile settings.
>>
>>125467693
nice, i upgraded to 1.3 and it fixed the analog sticks, thanks dude
>>
File: TYgdk.jpg (200KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
TYgdk.jpg
200KB, 1600x1067px
hwa
>>
Guys is Smash considered churazayyy now
>>
File: 1413476269996.png (206KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1413476269996.png
206KB, 700x700px
>>125485339
>>
>>125485339
Not til they put Viewtiful Joe in.
>>
File: 1445743151100.jpg (279KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445743151100.jpg
279KB, 1280x720px
Regardless of what you think of Smash, this is pretty neat.

It will potentially make her and the games more popular.
>>
>>125487789
The downside of that popularity being that she's basically owned by Nintendo and we'll never see PC release for any of the games.

Did the Wii U have any frame rate troubles on bayo 2?
>>
>>125488486
Bayo 2 runs well, better than Bayo 1 ran on the 360...

Is a shame that in the mechanics department, the game is so inferior. :/

And bayo 1 is not tied with nintendo, anyone can get to sega and make a deal for a pc port, or something like that.
>>
>>125488486
It runs fine, there's slowdown in places but not as bad as Bayonetta 1. The issues it has are being a wholly inferior game to the first.
>>
>>125488705
I take it that also means Bayo 1 runs well on the WiiU? At least as well as 360 I hope?
>>
>>125488942
a bit worse than 360
nowhere near as bad as ps3
>>
>>125488942
It's playable and far better than the PS3 Version but the 360 release is still the best overall. WiiU has weird slowdown in places.
>>
>>125488871
>>125488705
So does Bayo 1 run well on anything?
>>
>>125488942
Is not an optimal port, in general, is a bit worse than the 360, but in some parts is better.

>>125489195
It runs well on the 360, some parts have heavy frame drops, and using gaze of despair provokes those more easily.

The wii u is not as good, but it is good.
>>
>>125488705
MECHANICS are mostly the same across both games

B2's failings are in enemy combat design, that favours one and only one way to fight, amking all fights into epilepsy fit of coming in and out of witch time constantly

>>125487789
This actually made me want to buy and play Smash.

I *really* dislike how backwards ass this game controls and have great dislike for DLC, but I really want to play as Bayo in Smash

And, man there will be fucking amiibo. Fuck.
>>
So okay.

Bayonetta has 2 games, but she is playable in 5 games, and one of those is not even a game made by platinum.

She is platinum games mascot, there is no denial, this gives me hope for a third entry in the series.

But please, hashimoto, get your shit together, or that someone competent takes control of the series again.
>>
File: 1423047546486.jpg (498KB, 1024x1449px)
1423047546486.jpg
498KB, 1024x1449px
>>125489440
I am not a big fan of Smash either; I recommend you to just consider it as a party game to play with your friends and for some of that crossover fun.
But if you have a Wii U, go for it.

>>125490021
I really hope so.

Also here's the official art.
>>
>>125490492
I was a little surprised they went with the lewdest possible character.
>>
>>125489440
>I *really* dislike how backwards ass this game controls
What do you mean? It's the most simplistic game out there.
>and have great dislike for DLC
DLC for Smash is cheap as fuck. And it already has a huge roster. It's not like most fighting games where you have a chunk of DLC characters right at the start (which in some cases you can't even buy separate characters)
>>
>>125489440
>Bayonetta Amiibo
yay, I can buy a figurine for a reason that is healthy
>>
>>125489440
>MECHANICS are mostly the same across both games
I'm not going to sit here and nitpick with you because it's already been said 100 times, but you emphasized it. Mechanically they are completely different games.
>>
>>125490492
> party
> friends
about that

Also if anything, B2 has improved on B1 fundamentals, like you carry your combo through a jump -- that is huge.

It's only enemies that spoil the broth. And it's not even that big of an issue until you try to pure platinum bosses -- only then it turns to fluid shit.

I love that Villager and Rob are randomly on the side of "evil".

Also that Pit/Bayo interaction was pure gold

> I like it when you play hard to get

I am seeing some REALLY good doujins coming my way in the future
>>
>>125490989
>buying plastic bullshit produced as an excuse to over-overcharge for DLC
>healthy
You people don't even realize how fucked your lifestyle is.
>>
File: NX.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NX.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
Will they fund another one
>>
File: Bayo Villager.jpg (39KB, 412x160px)
Bayo Villager.jpg
39KB, 412x160px
>>125490492
>>
They fucked up her design.
>>
as if that one meleefag wasn't bad enough we have to deal with fags who genuinely like the piece of shit that is smash 4
>>
>>125493382
I hope.

IF, and ONLY IF, Kamiya is back on command, or the guy that worked on the transformers game.
>>
>>125493593
I thought the transformers game was a disappointment?
>>
>>125493708
It was lackluster as fuck. I have no idea why the dude liked micromanaging stats and damage sponge enemies so much to want the director on Bayo3.
>>
>>125493593
>the director of MGR and Transformers does Bayonetta 3
It's as if you want to series to crash and burn into casual fodder
>>
>>125493593
For combat, Transformers is a notch better than MGR (which is not a high mark to reach) but that's only because it's entirely derived from other more complete and superior games
>>
File: CWTZuwyWEAI8obq.jpg (95KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CWTZuwyWEAI8obq.jpg
95KB, 1024x768px
>>125493382
i hope so
>>
>>125493868
Bayonetta 2 already did that.

I'm just telling, hashimoto is an excellent designer, he did a lot for bayonetta, but he doesn't know how to design and balance a combat system.

And as shallow as Rising or Transformers combat might be or not, they give more freedom and the tools are better executed than in bayonetta.
>>
>>125494741
>better executed than in bayonetta.

I meant bayonetta 2
>>
>>125494741
>they give more freedom
yeah sure dude.
>>
>>125490492
>clock tower and moon positioned to look like the smash logo
kek
>>
What is the trick to fighting frosts in DMD? They're not giving me a hard time just fighting them but I don't see how to do any real damage on them when they just hop out of a juggle after two hits.
>>
Is all hope of a DMC5 dead? I've heard rumors of some poll....

>>125495124
Power attacks and DT maybe? They might be good enemies for practicing Royal Guard, as well.
>>
>>125491379
>about that
Sorry, but that takes about half the fun of the game. Although I still enjoy it from time to time when I play alone.

And I consider that Bayo 2 improved in many aspects but core gameplay, and even that is debatable since it dropped the insta-kill QTEs, and arguably has better level design.

Although I have to agree with the general and the experts, in that Bayo 1 is better for cuhrayzee gameplay. Not to mention that the Lumen Sage fights are a bitch.

>>125493582
Hey, I remember that shitstorm!
You can like several things at once though. I know that Smash talk is not ideal, but I consider that the Bayo news are great and it may liven up the general a little.
>>
>>125495308
DMC5 hope is always dead
>>
>>125495308
There are plans for the DMC series in the future.

This could mean that Dante could appear in a Pachinko game for all we know.
So you better stay healthy and take care of yourself /cgg/; I look forward to discussing DMC5 with you in 2020.
>>
File: rip.png (12KB, 582x246px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
12KB, 582x246px
>>125496156
>plans for the DMC series in the future
>>
File: Livestream recording (391).webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Livestream recording (391).webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>125495124
To deal with them quickly with Dante, you could use DRI. But if you want to fight them stylishly, you need to remember that Frosts are a bitch due to their super armor. Best way to get around that is to use DT a lot more.
When they are on the ground, you can JC them to stun them in place.
>>
adding bayo to smash just makes me sad as fuck. sad that she's not in a real fighting game like marvel3 fighting along side dante, sad that sega will never fund a new game and that she's still nintendos bitch, sad that the genre is dead.
>>
>>125496524
For now.

There's also that other chart where they say otherwise.
>>
>>125497314
who's to say Capcom and Nintendo won't have another brainfart and add Dante from DMC4 into Smash as well?
>>
>>125497453
>the statement included the words "for now" to indicate that they reserve the right to create plans for DMC in the future
>this someone backs my erroneous statement that there are currently plans for DMC
pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
>>
Oh hey, they're making some pretty awesome Wii U emulation progress.

So there IS hope for Bayo on PC.
>>
>>125497935
>Bayo at 4fps
wonder how the PS3 emulator is coming along
I know it will be at reasonable speed someday
>>
>>125497935
I think we will get xbox 360 emulation before...
>>
>>125490021
>Bayonetta has 2 games, but she is playable in 5 games,
Bayonetta 1 and 2. Anarchy Reigns ... what's the other two games?
>>
>>125498305
>ps3 emulation
they can barely get 2D games to run. sega might return to console making before a solid ps3 emulator exists
>>
>>125499075
considering people in this thread and the rest of everywhere are talking about her addition to sm4sh...
>>
>>125499075
Bayonetta 1, 2. Anarchy Reigns, Wonderful 101, and in february, Sm4sh.
>>
>>125499075
tw101
>>
File: Rodin--article_image.jpg (57KB, 418x424px) Image search: [Google]
Rodin--article_image.jpg
57KB, 418x424px
>>125497314
>not in a real fighting game
go home /fgg/
>>
>>125497058
Yeah I have no problem fighting frosts in bloody palace but I guess you just have to chip away at them in DMD? They have Angeloesque aerial combo escapes.

At least Angelos retreat into the sky where you can chase them with a teleport but frosts will just go back to the ground.
>>
>>125499193
The anon saying is playable made me figure he was talking about a past game where she is currently playable.

>>125499405
>>125499238
forgot about 101, thanks.
>>
>Bayonetta amiibo
this has potential for Bayo1/2 use or even a future installment
>>
>>125500263
Bayo 3, use Amiibo to skip the grind
>>
File: Livestream recording (393).webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Livestream recording (393).webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>125499956
Those frosts were in DMD. I'm using SpoilerAL.
But generally speaking using a mix between DT, Lucifer, Coyote-A, and multi hit moves that can easily knock away Frosts's super armor.
Personally I just go with the flow since I've been playing this game for such a long time.
>>
>>125502739
Okay I'll try and flow a bit more, I thought I was ready after all this time until I got to level 12, Nero's sections were fairly painless. I've put a lot of time into Dante but I think I'm just a bit rigid and follow a lot of patterns.
>>
>>125500263
The only thing Bayonetta's Amiibo will be used for is hot glue. Maybe if something in Star Fox if we're lucky.
>>
>>125499427
nigga go back to whatever the smash general is also fuck fgg
>>
>>125499427
>Competative action game
lol
>>
>>125498597
definitely no, cemu is already leagues ahead of xbox 360 emulation

>>125497453
>chart that says DmC2 is possible
okay dude
>>
Here's a topic I think is pretty interesting: what /cgg/ players can you identify based on their play-style alone?
>>
>>125509247
Mike Kob?

Donguri maybe...

Pops

JetmanLags.

And myself, that no one besides me know yet, but well, i recognize my style, because i am playing it... you know...
>>
>>125509247
Mike is easy
>>
>>125509247
>>125509620
>>125509959
Mike is easy considering he's the only person that plays God Hand at a competent level these days.
>>
>>125509247
Blowhard
>>
It's funny.

Going into trying to S-rank this shit on Revengeance with no wigs, no ripper, no pincers, no sais, with only polearm and level 1 blade I had no idea what I got myself into.

An ocean of shit. Shit enemy design, shit camera and lock-on that actively hide enemies and insane HP on everything.

I could somewhat scrape by S-ranks by getting "no damage" bonus on regular missions (because with that lacking equipment i inevitably fail a few requirements on some missions).

That mission with two helicopters was a complete randomfest. I only S-ranked it because I baited one helicopter's missiles into another which destroyed it instantly and then after just killed remaining Hammerhead.

And Mistral at the end was an entirely new levels of bullshit times ten.

First of all -- bitch is too slippery and likes to jump away and do her unstoppable bullshit wheel attack. To stop her from doing that you always need to get up to her face and do specific combination of slashes and blade mode so bait her to attack you instead of slipping away.

To do ANY damage to her AT ALL you need to perfect parry her attack three times in a row, only after that you get to damage her finally.

Oh and just wailing at her while she's vulnerable not gonna work because of miniscule damage output of level 1 blade.

The only way is to bait her into throwing tripods at me and perfect parrying that while standing nearby. It does 20-30%.

This requires a lot of perseverance and sheer luck because if you get near tripods they're very likely to grab you oh and camera being MGR's self continues to refuse to show you what you want.

Yesterday when i wanted to know if there is some trick i am not getting, i looked several
Revengeance playthroughs, namely iconoclast575 and XHLGladiator (i knew latter because of his superb Bayo videos).

Imagine my despair when i see these guys using ripper mode and sais and pincers, and fully upgraded blade mode while i have none of that shit.

Welp, at least it's over
>>
>>125509247
Donguri, Blowhard
>>
>>125512872
>XHLGladiator (i knew latter because of his superb Bayo videos).
Put stupid shit like this at the start of your posts so I know I can stop reading thanks. XHLGladiator is terrible.
>>
>>125513436
Name a non-/cgg/ MGR uploader that you think is better, or a /cgg/ MGR uploader that you think is better that has uploaded any MGR videos of substance aside from VST submissions.
>>
>>125514378
general beatrix has done some stuff for MGR, but mostly speedrun strats
>>
>>125514378
I can't tell if you're being serious, his "Revengeance madness" video is just full of basic as fuck combos + parries into blade mode and a clear misunderstanding of enemy mechanics and weapon nuances. He whiffs a ton of basic shit that looks fine because most people don't know anything about MGR any way.

Nobody else uploading anything in a dead game is irrelevant as fuck.
>>
>>125515334
>in a dead game is irrelevant as fuck.
that is basically every cgg game...
>>
>>125515334
So you've got nothing. Cool.
>>
File: 15_smashnewchar05.jpg (101KB, 853x475px) Image search: [Google]
15_smashnewchar05.jpg
101KB, 853x475px
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tv3w1V5_Mg

lel
>>
>>125517236
So is Smash cuhrayzee?
>>
>>125512872

>on revengance difficulty

Found the mistake
>>
>>125512872
>only polearm and level 1 blade
Arbitrary allowance is arbitrary.
>>
>>125518473
I originally did a test run with just blade starting from new game but dealing with tripods is completely impossible without polearm spamming

the game is enough clusterfuck as is

After test run I got polearm and started second run away and as I was gathering S-ranks deeper and deeper and I didn't wanted to restart all this shit all over again and would rather get it over with "as is".
>>
>>125519920
There was a person that did a very hard run s rank without upgrades, but i can't find anymore.
>>
>>125519920
>dealing with tripods is completely impossible without polearm spamming
git gud
>>
>>125519920
>I originally did a test run with just blade starting from new game but dealing with tripods is completely impossible without polearm spamming
>completely impossible
Eh, judging by your first post and this one you should try learning the Mistral fight a bit more. The Polearm is absolutely not necessary, you can end her first phase in 2 Perfect Parries + some attacks without her ever running away. She always opens with something you can Parry -> Blademode, and Heavy Heavy cancels lock her in for 6 hits before she attempts to break the stunlock, then she will always go for a Tripod to get a new Polearm before jumping up. I assume you aren't using items either, but with Homing Rocket cancels her third phase is trivial as well. Otherwise you can just repeat Parry -> Blademode -> Heavy Heavy cancels for safe stunlocking.

The second phase is the only tricky one because her AI changes depending on whether or not the Tripods are within melee range.
>>
>>125514378
Mike kob and n472a

>XLHG
Yeah nah dude is only slightly better than saur who isn't good to begin with
>>
>>125522732
>n472a
I love n472a videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo6KHDymzns

But i have to ask people that know better about dmc 4, how is his level of skill in this game? I can tell that he is great in a lot of games, and as far as i understand about dmc 4, he got the understanding of all the stuff.
>>
>>125522284
thanks, I am gonna guess this will be useful when I will be doing Mistral doppelganger fight

> then she will always go for a Tripod to get a new Polearm before jumping up
my problem with this part is that after I break her staff I get to nearest tripod crowd to position myself for perfect parry her throw and during that time tripods it feels like are especially aggressive with grabs

Are you saying I should try to slash her more during blade mode and/or when she's vulnerable? That barely did anything at all -- the most I could muster if I didn't go for tripod throw parry was whopping 3% of her hp
>>
>>125522732
Mike only did Sam
>>
>>125517236
>that bitch explaining random stuff about "witches"
>that shitty animation style
>those half assed attacks
Jesus fuck the cringe is off the charts.
>>
File: Kamiya 1.png (48KB, 591x357px)
Kamiya 1.png
48KB, 591x357px
>>125533412
>>
>>125493382
Jeanne spin off pls
>>
>>125535963
When is Bayo x Dante happening
>>
>>125536808
Never, now its just Bayo x Kid Icarus.
>>
>>125509620
>mike kob, pops, jetmanlags
they are the only guys who play the game they main.
>>
File: Mistral p3.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mistral p3.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>125527440
Holy shit I thought I hit post 2 hours ago fuck.

>Are you saying I should try to slash her more during blade mode and/or when she's vulnerable?
Not necessarily slash her, but heavy heavy cancels will stun lock her for a few hits safely until you over do it and she jumps away, you basically only need to fill the damage gaps that the parries won't cover. Here's phase 3 of Mistral from something I was working on a couple weeks ago that demonstrates what I mean. Obviously if you're not using Rockets / items you can just replace that damage with another parry or even just go for more heavy heavy stunlocks away from the Tripods.

You're right on the Tripods being aggressive though, you can sprint slash to get them off you but it's not ideal, sometimes they start an attack just as you're about to parry Mistral and there's not a lot you can do about it.
>>
>>125536808
>Dante in Smash
I don't know if I want to suplex Capcom or just show gratitude for acknowledging DMC's existence if that were to happen.
>>
>>125541941
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VInipGOi7YM

close enough
>>
>>125540917
Just fucking slide along the ground and blade mode them you mong
>>
>>125542360
Good point missing the point. Obviously there's like 5 ways to kill them all with ease, but you want to be in position to Parry her Tripod swing before she re-equips or jumps away. I never said you couldn't just Blade Mode them.
>>
File: Mistral 4.png (649KB, 789x703px) Image search: [Google]
Mistral 4.png
649KB, 789x703px
related hump
>>
>>125524825
He's a good player but I personally think that he's lacking solely because he's not playing in turbo mode. Well that and his creativity is kinda lacking a bit.
>>
File: Mistral 3.png (684KB, 827x628px) Image search: [Google]
Mistral 3.png
684KB, 827x628px
hump
>>
>>125534904
Kamiya-san please
>>
>>125542249
FEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCKKK YOOOOOOOUUUUUU
>>
>>125515496
Bayonetta is still relevant
>>
>>125450005
who is to say Mundus didn't use Vergil's(Nelo Angelo's) blood or sperm to create a clone?
>>
>>125493382

Conjecture incoming.

Ages ago I tweeted Kamiya with a question about a time travel-related plot detail (how Bayonetta had her lipstick in Bayo 1 when Bayo 2 shows that Rosa gave it to Balder in the past). His reply was "Wait for Bayo 3".

Since he's pretty serious about the lore in his games I take this to mean that this isn't a random oversight, but that he at least has more scenario ideas for Bayo 3 floating around.
>>
File: KASad.gif (3MB, 366x200px) Image search: [Google]
KASad.gif
3MB, 366x200px
>>125488486
>The downside of that popularity being that she's basically owned by Nintendo and we'll never see PC release for any of the games.

This /cgg/ bumfag mindset will never end. Why the fuck do we need Bayo 1 on the PC when you can play that shit already on 2 console with a good frame rate and everything? You mean to tell me you couldn't buy yourself an xbox for 40 fucking dorra?

I find it extremely odd that these game start are all console game and yet you idiots don't own the got damn console to even play these games. What the fuck. Not only that but you PC bumfags don't even have a good enough PC to run DMC4SE lol. These priorities man..... fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>125554024
>all current versions of Bayo suffers from problems; load times, frame drops, some versions worse than others
>lambasts people for wanting an even better version
>>
>>125554580
Not him, but i believe this is more of a critique to people that never even touched the game, never supported in any possible way and thinks it has the right to ask or claim for a pc port of the game.

Yeah, all version have problems, but the xbox 360 runs well enough, and the wii u is a decent choice too.

I would love a pc port of the game, but i already have 2 different versions and i'm playing the game, instead of crying for some port.
>>
>>125554580
How the fuck do you know a PC port of Bayonetta 1 is going to be better than the Xbox or WiiU version, have you played it? And even if it's a good port it's not like you'll be playing it with that shitty PC from 1999 you're using to reply to my post.

You're just making excuses. If you want to play Bayonetta 1 that bad then you'd already doing so, bumfag. Your excuses didn't stop everyone else from making combo and traditional videos for Bayonetta 1.

>PC port
Kek. What would justify a Bayonetta PC port, Valkryia Chronicles? Binary Domain? Virtual Tennis? Sonic? Sega told gaijin to fuck off awhile ago.
>>
One part of becoming adult is dealing with fact that sometimes, things are expensive.

If you can buy shit you really want -- you buy it. If you can't -- you deal with it like an adult.

Another significant part of being an adult is to provide yourself with means to afford shit you want in the first place.

I bought 360 for Bayo and wii u for W101.

I spend way too much time on these games so sparing any expenses for this part of my life is really an disservice to myself at this point.
>>
>>125502739
I think it is more enjoyable to play like this than to throw thousands of stylish moves like we see in combo videos, as much as it is esthetic good...
>>
So Game Grumps is playing God Hand.

They have a speedrunner behind the controls

They're playing Easy NG+

He died on 1-1

I could not possibly be more disgusted.
>>
>>125556142
>he died due to getting hit after a nut punch
>he got nut punched in the first place
what a faggot
>>
File: laughing[1].gif (499KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
laughing[1].gif
499KB, 480x228px
>>125556142
>god hand "speedrunner"
>>
File: 1443755304094.jpg (58KB, 500x500px)
1443755304094.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>125555304
>One part of becoming adult is dealing with fact that sometimes, things are expensive.

Xbox 360 Newest Model Used (Like New) on Amazon sold by Amazon: $110
Xbox 360 4GB Model: $70
Xbox 360 Newest Model on Ebay (Good - Like New): $40 - $200 some with Buy Now button.
Xbox 360 4GB Ebay: $40 - $80

Bayonetta 1 Amazon: $25
Bayonetta 1 Ebay: $11 with Buy Now button.

>Things are expensive.
Fucking Kek so hard right now. It's not called expensive, it's called not having a job while being a fucking adult that keeps begging for a PC port so they can pirate the game to hell because they're too poor to actually spend money on the shit that they claim to have like/love for. These bumfags disgust me. I literally don't want any of these games on PC because I know you faggots wont support them. You can't even support the games as is, it's apparently too expensive. McDonalds even makes enough money to afford that. Literal NEET
>>
>>125557137
Not him, but:

>Failing to know the fact that not everyone lives like you live
>Failing harder to know the fact that some countries has poor economics and their currency may be undervalued to import shit
>Being a nice, kind anon to write some prices options to others, but being a total egocentric douchebag "lecturing" to others how to be rich and sucessfull

I love 4chan
>>
Hey so I'm relatively new to this genre of game, I've played games like it quite a bit but never tried really putting any amount of time to get good at them. I'm now playing Bayonetta 2 and its one of my favorites in this genre, I've never played a game like this where learning the combos is so important. I'm playing on third climax, and right now I'm just focusing on dodging and shooting to keep the combo up, it seems damage and deaths fuck your score up the most. For now I'm just ignoring doge offset, is that a bad idea? Its just 2 much for me right now.
>>
File: KRISPY-KREME-PIRATE.jpg (234KB, 1536x1022px) Image search: [Google]
KRISPY-KREME-PIRATE.jpg
234KB, 1536x1022px
>>125557489
>Poverty

Well that explains the port begging. The not already owning an Xbox and Bayonetta. The playing games that you don't even support and yet think you have the right to complain about it being on the WiiU when you didn't even own it the first time.
>>
>>125558747
Most of your damage in the harder modes come from the ends of combos where you do wicked weave attacks, so yes, ignoring dodge offset is a bad idea.
>>
>>125558793
Talking like that, I think you should at least buy the games twice to support the industry in the name of poor bastards like me and >>125555304
>>
>>125487789
Ronpaul.gif

I might actually HAVE to play smash 4 now. The times I played it before, I sorta had fun but now, since I lost ice climbers, I have a main.
>>
>>125490492
I'm a huge fan of smash because they're fun games but melee was really the only one that I clung to since its the most sound mechanics-wise. I wish sakurai didn't decide that melee being a REALLY good game was a bad thing and decide to just gimp it's potential. It's sad.

That said, yeah, I hope hashimoto does another bayonetta. I like a few of the changes to the mechanics and I want umbran climax to return, but I'd like it to be less of a faceroll option.
>>
>>125554024
>>125555219
Late to this discussion but what the fuck? Ports from any one platform to another is only ever a good thing. Not only that, the game will literally run better on PC, provided the port is even half-decent. On top of that you get all the added functionality of potential mods and customisabilty that comes with PC. And again, ports in general are a good thing, even PC to console ports. More ports = more sales = better success for the franchise.

And don't bring up the money card. I have a top-end PC as well as owning Bayonetta on both PS3 and WiiU.

>>125488486
Despite what I said earlier, it's very important to note that Bayonetta 2 would never have happened at all if Nintendo didn't offer to fund it. Yeah she's stuck on PC but the series would've died earlier if it didn't happen this way. I'm quite excited to play Bayonetta in Smash.
>>
so, does Bayo 2 (and 1) play well on the Wii U gamepad, or should I stick to a Classic Controller Pro?
>>
>>125558747
> learning the combos
There isn't actually much to "learn".

Many people dismiss these games after getting discouraged seeing lots of confusing punch-kick strings on practice screen, but in actuality your bread and butter arsenal can be very limited and it will totally be fine.

You only *really* need:
PKP (fastest wicked weave output)
PPPPK (mash kick at the end for flurry of kicks)
PPPKKK (roundhouse kicks)
PPKKK (the most efficient wicked weave output -- two for 6 hits)

> I'm just focusing on dodging and shooting to keep the combo up
If you're using dedicated shooting button, you need to learn to hold buttons -- that also shoots, this type of gunfire is slightly stronger AND the habit of holding your punch kick buttons will prepare you dodge offset.

Learn your dodges (isolate some enemy and do nothing but dodge it's various attacks for a few minutes then you will grow reflexes to always dodge at the right time) and hold them buttons -- and you will already surpassed your average game reviewer.
>>
>>125559962
either is totally fine (B2 has alternate button layout but you can change it to be same as it was for B1)

also playing bayo on toilet is pretty cool
>>
File: Kamiya 2.png (38KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
Kamiya 2.png
38KB, 600x446px
>>125549724
>>
>>125197402
you sure as hell bet I am now!
>>
>>125560412
picture, please?
>>
File: smile-megan-fox-.jpg (238KB, 1600x1144px) Image search: [Google]
smile-megan-fox-.jpg
238KB, 1600x1144px
>>125559494
Just out of curiosity, who in the fuck is going to port Bayonetta to the PC? Because we all remember what happened the last time Sega tried that with Bayonetta on the PS3, and don't say Platinum because fuck no. they're not going to do that shit. And don't say some random port team with a good resume that you'd like to see do the port either. This shit would be Sega themselves or some shitty team we've never heard of because Sega ain't paying for SHIT. Get butt fucked with no lube son.
>>
>>125560646
No one is going to port Bayonetta to PC, I'm fully aware. It's not even a matter of who, because Nintendo owns the ip now and they're not going to do it so there's no chance. That doesn't mean it isn't nice to think about, and you had a few misconceptions I felt obliged to correct.
>>
>>125560775
Bayonetta is still a SEGA IP, just correcting that.
>>
>>125559494
i personally am ALL FOR porting everything to PC (Vanquish pls), but I do get slightly miffled when people bring their childish loyalties and dismiss console games completely because it's on a "ded platform" (read: my love for logo on a console box is stronger than love for genre i spend thousands of hours on)

I find people who dismiss all and every "console peasantry" completely infinitely ironic and lacking all any self-awareness.

Where do you literally think you literally are? The genre that is discussed here has been birthed, grew and now declining ;_; on consoles first, second and last.
>>
File: Hibana.jpg (47KB, 532x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hibana.jpg
47KB, 532x640px
HWA?
>>
File: Hibana.full.430581.jpg (216KB, 1024x1462px) Image search: [Google]
Hibana.full.430581.jpg
216KB, 1024x1462px
>>125561418
Hump
she needs another chance
>>
>>125497314
Dude, I would suck 100 HIV-infected dicks to have a pseudo-fighters megamix with characters like Dante, bayonetta, ryu, etc... Someone really needs to fund it.

>>125517521
Only melee, in my opinion, and project m if you wanna consider that.

Either way, you should be happy since it'll give this general more exposure.

>>125524825
I knew his name looked familiar so I looked through his history. He has some really good bayonetta footage, despite it being really old.

https://youtu.be/Ipi52lJOg5w

Like in this one, in the beginning he fights the gracious and glorious enemies on the route 666 level and he does a really good job of comboing them. It made me think about people's problems with bayonetta 2 and how to mitigate them. In the video, he used the bracelet of time in short bursts to get them stunned, juggled them for a while and when they did that gracious and glorious thing of just magically bouncing out, he would reuse the bracelet and kuldshedra/umbran spear to close the gap.

https://youtu.be/x-RqRJKUm0w

I've seen it in Vida like this too, where the player manages their meter in order to use bracelet of time, umbran spear, feathers, etc and I've been wondering why exactly why bayo2 is still considered such a huge step down. I don't own a wiiu so I can't play but everything that I've seen just makes me think it's just.... Different. Sure, things like umbran climax are a faceroll option and combo breaks sorta suck but you guys need to remember that not at enemies are fucking jugglebait. This is WHY you guys hear things like
>dmc4? You mean scarecrow juggling simulator?
Because that's one of the only enemies you can just bootyblast without fear of repercussion out having to think. Yes, it's hard to get to the point where you have the execution to do it but the guy is still just done.

To be continued..
>>
>>125562418
You guys argue depth this, depth that alot but the moment you can't mindlessly style on enemies, you hate it. Shouldn't you encourage the enemies that make you have to think and react instead of just being fodder? Isn't that what depth is?

Basically, what I'm saying is, is there a way for you guys to just find your way AROUND what was placed in bayonetta 2 instead of whining about it?
>>
>>125558949
Thanks, thats kind of what I figured, am I right in assuming umbran climax is crutch mode for shitters?

>>125560141
Oh neat those are the majority of the combos I use. is pkp better than pkk? I usem both a lot. Both very fast wicked weaves.

Also is there any bracelet I should be equipping? They all seem like shitter control more than anything.
>>
>ToB
So from what they're saying, ToB will have the most combo potential in any tales game.

>Better than Vesperia
Ahem. Tales anon, there's no way that can be true, right?
>>
>>125562418
I'm going to be honest with you...

What i dislike about bayonetta 2, is not the fact that the enemies break out of combos, because there are ways around that, is the fact that you can't launch them outside of witch time, like. It isn't about being unable to midlessly style on enemies, but the fact that the game limits you to being able to do so in only one way.

Also, how the input works, they fucked up jump cancelling in bayonetta 2 super hard, and there is also cooldown on enemy step.

Also, how restrictive the combat is, like, i'm not talking about combos, i'm talking about fighting. You're forced to play in a deffensive manner until you get umbran climax or witch time, and some enemies, only witch time, and witch time in bayo 2 is way shorter, so you can't do much inside of it.

The thing about bayonetta 2, is that they did the best they could to lock the player in a set path, is limitation over limitation.

In bayonetta 1, you can lock gracious and glorious (enemies that you aren't supposed to combo, at all), using sai fung and sergey's lover, you can use bracelet of time, or you can just corner him that he will be useless, this with the many options you have to fight him, like the shotgun stun, or sweeps, durga bombs, Shuraba's wicked weaves, parrying, etc.

But in bayonetta 2, the toughest enemy, Sloth, there is only one way to approach him (2 actually), or you wait for an attack, and bait witch time, and chip him to death, or you use bracelet of time and kill him.

Also, how bracelet of time works in bayo 2, it trivializes any possible challenge, and while bayonetta 1 had tools like that (pillow talk and rodin), those weapons would make your combo ranking be terrible, unlike the bracelet of time in bayo 2, that will make everything easy and also will give you an excellent ranking.

And combine that with the fact that enemies in bayo 2 are poorly designed and their attacks have terrible cues...
>>
File: meiying-01.png (6KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
meiying-01.png
6KB, 240x320px
>>125561735
If only she made it into DOA with those VF brats

hwa ;_;
>>
File: WVW69ioeM2MkgjfZ00.jpg (68KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69ioeM2MkgjfZ00.jpg
68KB, 800x450px
>>125562637
friend, you trying to argue with people who actually played the game while you didn't

don't just randomly assume people to be halfwits who can't figure out things until some guy who didn't even played the game comes in and opens their eyes at obvious truth or something

Bayo 2 biggest problem is enemy combat design, and it's actually still somewhat tolerable with regular enemies, imo. Shit hits the fan with bosses with bad (or no) audio cues, instant attacks and boss being ethereal majority of the time.

B2 is a very good game, yes inferior to B1, but still it still heads and shoulders above other action games out there or even Platinum's own other low-budget efforts (including woefully unpolished MGR). And B2 definitely is not a Hitler as some youtube LPer would have you believe.

>>125562776
Buy bat within from the shop -- it widen dodge timing.
Equip mahaa-kalaa brecelet or wear Link costume -- this gives you parrying (jerk the stick into incoming attack to block). It's super useful but I honestly don't think you should learn before you got comfortable with other fundamentals
>>
>>125562950
>Tales of Berseria
the femprotag looks like what would happen if Donte and Nero fused together and turned into a grill and took fashion advices from Tetsuya Nomura
>>
>>125562950
berseria looks like its using the same system as graces so it probably wont be cuhrayzee, nothing to do other than wait and see tho
>>
forgot few things...

>>125562418
also I never cared much for juggling in Bayo games -- in B1 you COULD do it, but I never bothered.

My problems with B2 came up NOT because my favourite juggle combo doesn't work or something because I don't have one

>>125562776
>umbran climax is crutch mode for shitters
No, UC is very much required unfortunately. B2 is very much balanced against use of UC.

And it's not like you're invincible during umbran climax -- enemy that wasn't stunlocked still has a fair chance of damaging you
>>
>>125563852
Not necessarily trying to argue, just going off of what I've seen. I'd LIKE to think I have a knack for analyzing game mechanics, that's why I'm into these games. I was just saying that I've seen people do things with the game and work around us apparent limitations but it feels like ninety percent of the time, you guys are just like "welp, fuck this game." I know I'm at a disadvantage since it hasn't been in my hands yet but I dunno, just trying to stimulate conversation or whatever.
>>
>>125564609
>disadvantage since it hasn't been in my hands yet but I dunno
so you haven't played the game
>I'd LIKE to think I have a knack for analyzing game mechanics
>>
>>125564807
That's not really what this is about. This is about the fact that I've SEEN people play the game at a high level, so its clearly FEASIBLE. Meanwhile, you guys are only describing why it's bad as opposed to finding ways around it.

Did you look at the video I posted? Were you paying attention to the things that he did to make it all possible? Or are you just gonna whine about the fact that I can't afford a fucking Wii right now?
>>
>>125565286
discussing game mechanics about a game you havent played is pretty retarded m8
>>
>>125564594
I kind of figured umbran climax is just for ez mode damage. Shouldnt I be saving my magic for the torture weaves?
>>
>>125565286
>so its clearly FEASIBLE
Yeah, if you use bracelet of time.

If you have only 1 option of doing something, than it is not good.

Like i said in my little rant >>125563268 my problem with the game is that the game is forcing you to play in a certain way, instead of giving you freedom to approach a certain situation in a lot of different ways.
>>
File: yukigaiden.png (2MB, 1260x808px)
yukigaiden.png
2MB, 1260x808px
Apparently full scans are coming soon, but the redesigns for the Basara: Yukimura Gaiden games have been shown.

Masamune has a full redesign without even his iconic colors. Yukimura got a bigger jacket.
>>
>>125565498
umbran climax IS indeed when you need some damage, but sometimes it's the only way -- some heavily armoured enemies and boss won't even flinch unless you hit them with umbran climax

activating UC is also the best way to instantly disable various status effects (Gomorra's and Hell plant lady's air vortex, Loptr's and Lumen's slowdown trap)

So always keep collecting magic and activate when you see a possibility.

Combo values are balanced against UC too by the way, in some verses it's literally impossible to reach those values without it

> torture attacks
Were largely made irrelevant by UC. There is literally no reason to use them.
>>
File: latest[1].png (865KB, 544x658px)
latest[1].png
865KB, 544x658px
>>125565498

you can juggle huge enemies and do major crowd control with UC, plus your damage output is stupid. I only use torture attacks fro enemies I absolutely LOATHE fighting normally since instead of hitting multiple enemies hard I hit one really really hard
>>
>>125566105
>>125566027
Well shit I just assumed it was meant for baddies and that torture attacks gave you way more points. I wish they had like a point breakdown at the end you could review or something.

Are any of the bonus weapons worth using? They seem ok but I'd rather have wicked weaves.
>>
File: Gundam Breaker 3.jpg (141KB, 1920x1080px)
Gundam Breaker 3.jpg
141KB, 1920x1080px
Whoa Namco, you could have at the least given me some time to introduce them the first two games. I still haven't finished and now there's a third game on the way. Sheesh Now I will have to speed things up a bit.
>>
>>125561418
>>125561735
>>125563472
nightshade-chan is fine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFArt5YfV4
>>
>>125568569
>caring about that hag over Hotsuma
I feel bad for you.
>>
>>125566691
> bonus weapons worth using? They seem ok but I'd rather have wicked weaves.
Most of the weapons still have wicked weaves, they just look different.

Dual swords are kinda useless (singular sword from first game is better), though if you're good you can do some neat setups with them

Scythe-shotgun is pretty damn cool and it's wicked weaves cover huge area

Hammer is pretty nice, cool thing about it is that you can charge it by holding the button and keep the charge through dodges, same as with sword(s)

Whips has an interesting paused combo on legs that cover most of the area. Also air whip grab on legs is literally the only way to reliably damage lumen sage within measly 2 seconds of WT you usually get

Flame/ice throwers are kinda slow, but can be used against elemental enemies. You can keep some enemies in the air for some time with it's streams.

Chain chomp is good for panther offsetting into the verse and throwing three bombs right from the get go

I say use them all and see for yourself
>>
>>125566691
>I wish they had like a point breakdown at the end you could review or something.

If you record yourself or watch a youtube vid you could get a general idea. I'm sure if someone sat down and watched they could note all the values, but at most it'd just be info for people trying to PP
>>
>>125568925
>is literally the only way to reliably damage lumen sage within measly 2 seconds of WT you usually get
Other than hold p/k shots, which are far stronger.
>>
>>125410097
I love how the enemy in the background is just watching the whole fight like "I'm next yo".
>>
>>125565757
why masamune wearing mitsunaris clothes
>>
>>125571850
why mitsunaris clothes clothing masamune body
>>
>>125565286
so you were showing off some combo videos done with Bracelet of Time
yes, it's very possible to juggle enemies around forever with BoT and the infinite magic accessory equipped
it's trivial actually since all your moves have hella knockback, enemies are slowed down so they take forever to touch the ground, they're too slow to ever hit you and WT disables a lot of enemy gimmicks meaning you barely have to make new setups for different enemies
without bracelet of time, you can barely get a consistent launch on enemies medium-sized or higher, they'll block at random unless you hit them in the ass or with wicked weaves (which severely restricts which moves are useful in a combo) and because their knockback resistance is so high you can forget about doing anything involving bouncing them around or even relaunching

basically you either have to suffer through a game full of enemies that can just decide not to take damage, or completely overpower yourself and faceroll through everything.
that's a problem
>>
>>125576382
That's a problem if you're approaching Bayonetta as if it were Devil May Cry

It's not. It's Bayonetta.

In Bayonetta being able to dodge properly and dodge offset is what's important, not knowing how to string together a million year long combo.

I literally cannot believe people are still crying about this.
>>
>>125568569
Pffffffffftwahahaha

>>125565609
Well yeah, some enemies are just easier to juggle than others because they were designed to be. That doesn't mean it's not good game design. If anything, it's bad game design to just be able to beat all the enemies forever all the time.

Yes, some if the changes were bad but bayonetta is still largely unexplored. It'd be nice if more people played it.

How many bayo entries are going into vst?
>>
>>125577523
>How many bayo entries are going into vst?

4 it seems, i don't know if i'll finish my freestyle, but if i do, it will be 5.
>>
>>125576382
>yes, it's very possible to juggle enemies around forever with BoT and the infinite magic accessory equipped

While, yes, alot of the clips had the infinite magic accessory equipped, alot of them DIDN'T have it and he was just managing his magic inbetween tetsuzanko, umbran spear, crow feathers, AND bracelet of time.

It's more about meter management, dude.
>>
>>125576382
>>125577768

>they'll block at random unless you hit them in the ass or with wicked weaves (which severely restricts which moves are useful in a combo) and because their knockback resistance is so high you can forget about doing anything involving bouncing them around or even relaunching

Weren't weaves designed for that purpose? To knock away/stun/launch/heavy damage? Any knockback suffered can be mitigated by umbran spear, which you can offset.

Bayonetta has stupid potential. Probably more than devil may cry but no one wants to play it because dmc is more popular
>>
Man, you guys have really lost what this "genre" is about.

God Hand "speedruns" and combo videos?

Bayonetta 2 combo videos?

Ninja Gaiden 3?

What the fuck happened here
>>
>>125578068
>To knock away/stun/launch/heavy damage?
Yeah, but in bayonetta 2 wicked weaves only have this effect in witch time, enemys barely flinch with WW outsido of witch time.

>Bayonetta has stupid potential.

I believe that, the first game, at least until i reach n472a's level in 2010, or something close to that, i'll not rest as a bayonetta player.

But bayonetta 2 is very limited.
>>
>>125577768
yeah that's actually true. when you're just running through the levels normally bracelet of time does open up the game quite a bit. i'm a dumbass.
i said infinite magic because if you are trying to plan out a combo there's not much difference between having infinite magic and just gaining as much as you need for the combo before starting it
when daadron doesn't have infinite magic, he still starts off every combo with more than enough meter for the entire thing. there's maybe one where he had to build a single pearl during the combo?
even if you wanted to plan out a combo that required gaining meter midway through, you could barely do anything with that because magic gain is so slow in bayo 2 you'd be hard pressed to even get a single tetsuzanko before just killing the enemy outright
>>
>>125579657
True, he did usually have around 10-ish orbs but still he'd do a few moves midcombo and build that meter back.

My point was that there's still alot to explore.

>>125577637
Nice. When's the date again? I should be able to catch it. Someone around Christmas, right?
>>
>>125580784
I believe is friday or saturday?
>>
>>125580784
>>125582371
...are you asking about the VST deadline?

I think you two are smart enough to figure this one out if you try even a little bit. I'm not going to help you.
>>
>>125582520
I was just trying to remember in specifc, but yeah, it is in the OP, saturday.
>>
Is Bayonetta 2 worth $60+ dollars?
>>
>>125583310
Not if you feel strongly about 1.
>>
>>125563472
>>125561418
do you guys even know what "hwa" means?
>>
>>125584670
They're nightshade fans, expect subnormal intelligence.
>>
>>125582520
I'm a fucking idiot. Thanks.
>>
File: 1425403081042.jpg (64KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1425403081042.jpg
64KB, 480x640px
>>125587465
s'cool baby
>>
>>125560141
Are you speaking for mostly Bayonetta 2 or both games?

I'd also say that some weapons also do have their own weapons to learn, like Shuraba has PPP-P, and PP-PP-P.

You're also going to want to learn dodge offset cancelling, which is cancelling dodge offset by attacking, THEN cancelling that attack with another dodge offset. The point of which is to get to Wicked Weave finishers quicker. It makes your combos much more fluid, safer, and is basically an essential for high-level play, plus a necessity for higher difficulties.

Dodge offset cancelling is in Bayonetta 2 right?
>>
File: Ange.webm (880KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ange.webm
880KB, 720x480px
>>125562950
> ToB Better than Vesperia
>Ahem. Tales anon, there's no way that can be true, right?

Based on initial impressions I'd say probably not, but some games are already just as good or better than Vesperia.
>>
>>125587396

Seriously thought you left here. Jesus fuck you're a cunt
>>
>>125588881
Shit taste and butthurt is an ugly combination anon.
>>
>>125588628
>You're also going to want to learn dodge offset cancelling, which is cancelling dodge offset by attacking, THEN cancelling that attack with another dodge offset. The point of which is to get to Wicked Weave finishers quicker. It makes your combos much more fluid, safer, and is basically an essential for high-level play, plus a necessity for higher difficulties.
Also since iirc in the first game, you gain magical orbs for finishing combos, it makes gaining meter much easier and faster.
>>
>>125587396
NG fags also have subnormal intelligence. They're sheep. They can only do what the game forces them to do. Basically this means they love being raped.
>>
I have a problem. When I'm stylin in dmc4 I tend to "check" if everything went right after I do a certain trick. I could best describe it as a moment of contemplation after each trick. The end result is that there are pauses between the things I do, making it not fluid, and kind of dull.

wut do?
>>
>>125595024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
>>
>>125595191
you're probably right. I've been slacking off. Don't even think I'd be justified in putting dmc4 in my vst entry, and there's probably not a lot of time to practice practice practice before saturday.
>>
This reminds me of something from bayonetta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5_1NUms-kE

anyone know which one?
>>
>>125599089
lmao
>>
>>125555509
What I'm doing in that webm isn't really that impressive though. And honestly I'm not doing much that's different compared to fighting scarecrows.
>>
>>125587623
henshin a gogo babay
screw Dante's coat, I want Kamiya's Jacket
>>
>>125599089
reminds me of the song that plays in bayo 1, in the paradisio level where you pick up that hourglass to get across a falling bridge with lava all around
>>
Angelos are the greatest enemy in all cuhrayzee prove me wrong
>>
So I was just practicing muh dmc4 and something happened that I don't know how it works. i tried converting a webm but it keeps going beyond 3mb

anyway, what I did was:
high time
a 3 hit aerial rave in the air
trickster, royal guard: guardfly
air trick
rainstorm

Now normally the rainstorm goes over the enemy in an arch like with most inertia rainstorms. But now there was a more forward and straight momentum and dante just flew over the enemy in a rainstorm in a more straight line. He also covered quite a lot more distance than usual. I'd say 2-3 times as much.

Any idea how this works?
>>
File: 1428179632458.png (269KB, 500x729px) Image search: [Google]
1428179632458.png
269KB, 500x729px
Scrub here, so sorry if my post triggers anyone, I have a few questions about Bayo 2.

Is there a significant difference between Love is Blue and Scarborough Fair?

I've also recently switched a set of weapons; I used to main the single katana and a set of guns, but now I went for a full set of guns and I've been having pretty good results so far.

But are they truly viable? Or should I use another weapon for my arms?
>>
>>125607117
>Is there a significant difference between Love is Blue and Scarborough Fair?
They have completely different movesets, Scarborough Fair uses the Bayonetta 1 animations / strings and Love is Blue is Bayonetta 2s. They're both viable.
>>
>>125607275
Nice, I'll hit training mode then to check them out.

I used to consider them lame weapons, but after learning several of its different moves, I got pretty good with Love is Blue.
>>
>>125607117
>But are they truly viable?
Ask yourself what the benefit of this mindset is.
>>
>>125608068
Well, I've read that there are plenty of bad weapons in Bayo 2.

So I've been wary of learning Take-Mikazuchi or the giant sow for example.
>>
>>125604849
they're alright
>>
>>125608313
>Well, I've read that there are plenty of bad weapons in Bayo 2.
Not him, but oh. Yeah Bayo 2 kinda missed the mark in terms of weapons, since a lot of them do really poor damage, are disappointing with their alternate uses (like say, grabbing enemies with Alraune or freezing them with Undine), or otherwise have uninspired movesets.

Honestly for a lot of cases, all they would've had to have done is buff the damage or enhance their elemental properties (like Undine's ice mode could freeze faster or Kafka's poison effect could be more pronounced).

>or the giant sow for example.
The what-what
>>
>>125609030
Oh, I meant Chernobog.

Although my alternate set is Rakasha and Alruna.
Alruna is pretty good to hit and grab enemies from affar and keep the combo going, or just to get rid of weak angels.
>>
Does anyone have a good youtube channel of someone pure platinuming bayo 2 with commentary explaining all the crazy shit?
>>
>>125610364
Not counting yosheque or...?
>>
>>125610474
I dont know anyone, I'll check him out.
>>
>>125610474
Ugh.

*yoshesque
>>
>>125610364
Pure Platinum in Bayonetta 2 is not "crazy shit", it's arbitrary goal meeting and abusing stuff.
>>
>>125609989
>Oh, I meant Chernobog.
But Chernobog is pretty good and one of the better new weapons in the game. I think some people have some problem with how you can't get a full Chernobog combo out in WT or something, though?

>Alruna is pretty good to hit and grab enemies from affar and keep the combo going, or just to get rid of weak angels.
Alraune isn't bad, it's just that it's basically a worse Kulshedra, even if you can do cool stuff with it, like equipping it on your feet, and if the moveset is pretty useful and dang fun.

>>125610474
>>125610636
I checked out yoshesque's twitter yesterday and got pissed off at that cunt.
>>
>>125610364
Saur and yoshesque.

Bayo in general remains unpolished compared to God Hand and of course DMC.
>>
>>125611319
>like equipping it on your feet
Good because that's exactly what I do.

I used to have two sets of Rakashas, but I felt that it is rather redundant, and well, Rak+Alr have become my go to set for bosses or whenever shit gets intense.
>>
>>125611483
>bayo
>unpolished
>compared to dmc4.
wewlad nice bait.
>>
>>125611717
i think he means unpolished in the sense, of mastery by its players.
>>
>>125611717
what fucking b8? there is no one dissecting the combat like Mike does with god hand or over 1000 dudes with DMC.
>>
>>125611717
I think he meant that people haven't reached the full potential that the game can offer.
At least in comparison to DMC4.
>>
>>125611483
>saur
>good bayonetta content
quite the meme
>>
>>125611872
What's wrong with umbral arts?
>>
>>125612037
It has 2 episodes, was cancelled, and only covers very basic stuff.
>>
>>125612037
>tfw Umbran Arts fell apart due to a player with a fucking obnoxious ego.
>>
it's been a long bumpy ride, but we gonna reach that limit, soon.
>Post what you want for OP image
>or request
>>
>>125611319
Why are you checking anyone's twitter ever?

I'll agree that her video series isn't at all good though, I just recommended it because it was the only one I knew of. Hearing her and her co-commentator's insipid "banter" kept me from continuing.

In one video Toddy says, nearly verbatim, "Just because the game has objectively bad combat doesn't mean it's a bad game" which is SUCH a stupid thing to say on so many levels.
>>
>>125613708
Wait what?

Got a link to the video?
>>
>>125613879
Basically all of her Chapter videos have some dude in them that knows nothing about this genre or Bayonetta 2, he's pretty annoying.
>>
I suck at GodHand. is the gamegrumps ongoing playthrough hilariously bad enough that I can laugh at the player's incompetence, or just annoyingly so?
>>
>>125613879
https://youtu.be/zZ4QIUy6iZQ?t=2m54s

Yup.
>>
>>125614169
a speedrunner is doing it. Judge for yourself
>>
>>125614315
Dear god, help us all.
Is it "Literally RNG"?
>>
>>125614379
nah, some weeb called octo-pimp
>>
>>125614379
It doesn't sound the same. And he called Mike Kob senpai.
>>
>>125614315
>>125614379
It's not the RNG faggot, also the reactions to speedrunning in /cgg/ are so funny
>>
>>125614661
>also the reactions to speedrunning in /cgg/ are so funny
haha yeah xd
>>
>>125614880
That didn't warrant ironic shitposting you fucking faggot, /cgg/ just instantly assumes anything speedrun related is shit
>>
>>125615063
Is there an entertaining GodHand (or any other cuhrayzee) speedrun that disproves that theory?
>>
>>125615063
I ironically shitposted you because it was stupid of you to bring up, you fucking faggot. And you kept going. So stop.
>>
>>125614192
>Bayonetta 2
>objectively bad combat
Nope.

Not as good as Bayonetta 1 maybe but still better than most games.

Also they're really not that funny.
>>
Anyone up for tag climax? Feel like dicing around for a bit
>>
>>125615525
I didn't bring anything up, I just answered the guys question if it was the "literally RNG" guy because I had watched the video already
>>
>>125615670
Look everyone he's still going.
>>
>>125615223
I'd recommend the DMC1 100% speedrun on SDA by Michael 'sternn' McEnroe, voice commentary is available as well and he's being very informative in it. Speedrunning the game is less about managing luck but being very methodical instead especially against the bosses, it's a good watch
>>
>>125615818
Anything on SDA is gunna be super outdated, just a word of warning.

>>125615797
>2 posts
>still going
Jesus no wonder these threads are so dead and everyone sticks to Skype, the people that post here still are autistic as shit.
>>
>>125615547
>Also they're really not that funny.
Did someone here say they were?

Also, the "objectively terrible" statement isn't stupid because of anything to do with Bayonetta 2 being good or bad, it's stupid to argue that
A. any subjective quality of a game is objectively terrible
B. a game centered almost entirely around one form of gameplay can have objectively terrible gameplay of that type and still be a good game
>>
>>125615962
>Anything on SDA is gunna be super outdated, just a word of warning.
true, he posted the speedrun in 2006, of course people came up with better strategies since then, but the chill commentary makes up for it
>>
>>125615962
What a surprise, you're still going.
>>
I bet yoshesque has a penis anyway
>>
>>125616075
>Did someone here say they were?
No but I like LPers that are at least humorous.

>>125616075
>Also, the "objectively terrible" statement isn't stupid because of anything to do with Bayonetta 2 being good or bad, it's stupid to argue that
>A. any subjective quality of a game is objectively terrible
>B. a game centered almost entirely around one form of gameplay can have objectively terrible gameplay of that type and still be a good game
But what if I knew that and just wished to argue his point that Bayonetta 2 has 'objectively bad' combat.
>>
File: 1429325166579.gif (924KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1429325166579.gif
924KB, 245x245px
>>125616654
'kay dude
>>
>>125615583

well whatever, I'm like one of the only 4 people on there anyway, currently with a random who's shitting all over me

If you're in here dreamer, then good shit
>>
>>125613490
nothing?
>>
>>125618732
Jack is back™
>>
>>125617096
If my Wii U gamepad were working, I'd join with you.
>>
>>125619154

you don't have any classic controllers on you?
>>
File: 1445072837150.jpg (139KB, 850x708px)
1445072837150.jpg
139KB, 850x708px
>>125613490
Sure why not? I'm posting what I have.
>>
File: 1432322451712.jpg (67KB, 750x647px) Image search: [Google]
1432322451712.jpg
67KB, 750x647px
>>125619846
>>
File: 1423623517283.jpg (163KB, 1024x637px) Image search: [Google]
1423623517283.jpg
163KB, 1024x637px
>>125620067
Last.
>>
new thread
>>125620876
>>
DIE
Thread posts: 747
Thread images: 133

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.