[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/evn/ - crushed dreams edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 764
Thread images: 52

Discussion about the making or playing of Original English Language Visual Novels.

Do you have a question about a Japanese visual novel or a translation of it?
/vn/ is ready to answer it.

>Getting Started:
http://pastebin.com/7LsCvtq3

>Recommended Reading:
https://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=olang-en.tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating

For Developers. Huge collection of guides on everything:
http://meganelover.com/post/122965940223/visual-novel-creation-masterlist

Ren'Py Download:
http://www.renpy.org/

Previous thread: >>124627697

Remember to BUMP THE FUCKING THREAD every three hours please.
>>
>>125048436
first for already dead
>>
What are some of your favorite/most interesting character designs from a VN??
>>
>>125049645
>??
I like Taosym's designs. First they were a bit too Disgaea ish but he is starting to craft something that looks different.
>>
>Shock cocoon
Why must you remind me? Feelsbadman
>>
>>125050367
I enjoy suffering
>>
>>125049645
In no particular order:

> Code: Realize
> Kamigami
> Sweet Fuse
>>
>>125051343
Do you play anything other than otome games?
>>
>>125051413

Yes, but BL games tend to have either horrible (most stuff by Nitro+Chiral) or boring designs and I don't really care for girl's designs... danganronpa's are not particularly nice, but they are memorable I suppose.
>>
Who is Todd Howard of EVNs?
>>
File: sakura.webm (496KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
sakura.webm
496KB, 480x270px
Reminder that your game will never be so culturally significant it is critically assessed on public television.
>>
Lolis are a lot harder to draw than I had originally thought.
>>
>>125055965
I've never tried myself but I can only assume the proportions would be tricky.

I still can't draw arms on normal adult bodies without them looking weird.
>>
>>125054371
Do small cable access channels count?
>>
>in line in McDonald's
>get approached, weirdly excited and nervous because haven't spoken aloud with another human being in 3 days
>turn around
>it's a crack head, and he's just asking me for a dollar
>get home
>accidentally step in the Roach poison my Gramma laid out earlier
>open up Photoshop to finish up a sprite
>two hours in, get blue screen and computer crashes
I want to die.
>>
>>125058517
But if you died, who would make your evn?
>>
>>125058517
Stay determined, Anon.
>>
>>125058517
It's not like your grandma has fallen ill or your cat died or you lost a leg in 'Nam, stop whining you little shit.
>>
>>125058517
>>in line in McDonald's
Grab some real potato, bru. If not you are really going to die.
>>
15,000 words = 1 hour of reading yes/no?
>>
>>125061280

250 words per minute seems a little high.
>>
>>125061280
I've seen ranges from 10k to 30k so I guess it's a good midpoint.
>>
>>125061280
It depends on the presentation but close enough
>>
>The game contains 5,770 dialogue blocks, containing 67,882 words

Getting warmer
>>
>>125063663
Who are you?
>>
>>125064414
Yur mum.
>>
>>125063663
What's the typical wordcount for evns anyway?
>>
>>125066806
We don't have one. They span all the way from 20k NaNo entries (or WC and AJTilley titles) to 230k beasts. Dizzy hearts claimed it will be 1mil words.
>>
>>125066806
I'd say the best 'typical' would be the 100K mark. They're all over the place, really, but 20K games are going to be described as short, and 200K+ as big.
>>
File: hamashima.jpg (292KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hamashima.jpg
292KB, 700x1200px
>>125049645

I love Hamashima Shigeo's recent work.
>>
>>125049645
Anything by Clua. Otherwise I'm pretty bored with anime style right now.
>>
>>125071096
I'm not into the weird shit in Maggot Baits,but I have to admit, the art style and character designs look fresh as fuck.
>>
>>125072908

Yeah, a lot of the content is a bit much for me, but I'm really fond of the witches' designs. She's great at hitting a lot of subtle variations in body type--all the characters have slightly different builds.
>>
>>125072908
>character designs look fresh as fuck.
What is BRS and Huke
>>
>>125073721
What's your point? Nothing is original. All I said is that I liked those types of designs.
>>
>>125073721
Damn. Thanks for reminding me about BRS.
>>
Hello?
>>
>>125077167
What do you want?
>>
>>125078529
A kiss
>>
>>125077167
It's me.
>>
>>125079419
Are you a cutie or a frog?
>>
Writing progress?

I'm close to 70k finalized script in my 110k game. The rest needs minor edits and programming.

I'm 35k first draft into my second game. I'd guess the final will be 130k or so
>>
>>125082115
About 85K into my first draft, just about at the halfway point.
>>
Oy vey what happened to the previous thread?
>>
>>125086841
ded
>>
>>125086841
It hit post limit, are you new to 4chan? There's even a link in the OP.
>>
>>125087070
Oh, didn't notice the previous thread link. And I thought it died once again from not being bumped.
>>
>>125071096
>fraternite
No
No
No
>>
I want to do a nice short visual novel (think 1-2 hours).

The premise is basically the same as most slasher films with a small twist.

---

Samantha (Sammy) and six of her friends are college kids, they go to a cabin for a nice winter getaway-- they are not supposed to be your typical Friday the 13th fodder. They are supposed to be smart, funny, interesting people who would never dream of doing the idiotic things done in horror movies. But when the power goes out and the snow piles up, Samantha notices that their personalities have changed. Suddenly her friends begin acting differently. Suddenly they want to inspect the spooky noises in the basement. Suddenly they want to split up. Their original personalities have changed and they are now acting exactly like the idiots from horror films. Her friends are only slightly aware of the irrationality of their behavior but are driven by strong compulsions to do everything they know is a bad idea.

The murder that was destined to happen, happens, and Samantha realizes that she is the only one who can save her friends from getting themselves killed.

--

Basically, Samantha is the voice of the audience in horror movies, trying to reach out to the her friends, and save them from their deaths.

To keep it short, in the VN produced, she can't, and the only person she can save is herself as her friends succumb to a strange compulsion to do everything they know they should not be doing.

Does this sound viable for a short VN or do you guys think it might take longer? Also is the premise too meta (i.e. will having Samantha be aware of the idiocy of their actions detract from the horror elements).
>>
>>125091562
Interesting but I think this is more work than you realize.
>>
>>125091562
The meta will make it a lot harder to write well. It's not impossible, but the way you've described it makes it sound kind of lame.

Directly yelling at people to stop doing stupid things and having them ignore you would be frustrating and likely to make the audience feel more angry at you the writer than moved by the horror of futility. Especially if they're only doing stupid shit because they're possessed by the spirit of horror movies. That's just a lame joke, that's not scary.

Some possible twists:

MC (please don't call her sam, there are reasons) is at a remove from all the characters. Maybe she's trapped elsewhere and is just giving her friends advice via cellphone, which is why they find her easy to ignore and do stupid things anyway, or why she misses importnat clues that could have saved them if she'd known - she's not physically there.

MC can convince her friends not to do stupid things, but the world is stacked against her, and every time she convinces people not to do a horror movie cliche, something even worse happens.
>>
>>125091562
I don't care how you write it but if you have anyone utter the phrase "this isn't a movie" I will instantly uninstall.
>>
Should first-time EVN devs stick to a 3 character VN?
>>
>>125094376

I like your criticism. To be honest, I agree-- if she is there, it's a bit too much to have her be an ineffectual yell to rationality.

>>125094257

That's what I worry about. I think doing it the normal way would actually be much more viable in terms of time allotment. But then I think I would produce a short work that would earn... just dismissal from my future audience?

I want to gain experience with something small, but I do not want to put out something that will say to my audience "this is all I've got".
>>
>>125094930
>I want to gain experience with something small
Which kind of experience, though? Do you want to show off your writing skills, or your VN-making skills? You might be able to make something unusual (for the evn market) by adapting an existing short story.
>>
>>125095147

That's a really good question. I think for my own needs, I need to get experience just making a visual novel. I need to do it on the small budget scale and prove that regardless of what it is, the production values are solid. I also need a minimal risk environment where if I screw up, I'm only out a few thousand dollars, which is worth it for a learning experience.

However, I worry that if I released something that was just trivially written, or something that didn't show at least the promise of potential, that it would mean nothing in the future if I said "from the creator of X". It does need to serve as an indicator to my audience of what I hope to deliver, or a prototype of what I want to make real.
>>
>Marina has a very idealistic take on the world, her inexperience fueling her already childlike naivety. While this may cause its share of issues, her naturally upbeat and cheery personality bring out a much softer side of the slightly callous Amber, as the latter increasingly finds herself taken with Marina, despite the occasional confusion and annoyance brought on by her seemingly unlimited amount of enthusiasm.

The Highway Blossoms team needs to learn to tone down their blathering language, get to the point, and spellcheck.
>>
>>125095890

>Get to the point

Did you even read HRP?
>>
>>125097487
I did, and it was awful.
>>
>>125095890
Will do, got it.
>>
>>125095890
Why spell check? I don't see anything spelled wrong.
>>
>>125097648
I guess technically 'naivety' is an allowable variation but I never see anyone write it like that so it threw me.
>>
>>125095890
I was too distracted by that huge campfire to read.
>>
>>125094606

I would never do that. I would also never create characters in a zombie apocalypse that act unfamiliar with the whole rules of the genre. I think the whole reason I wanted to do the premise is because I thought it would be short, fun, and a bit different. But I can see where it might not be fun, and that's the part I worry about the most with this premise.

I almost wonder if a campy slasher might be something people would like? Basically "Halloween" the VN, but with characters that are actually interesting rather than cannon fodder.

I think Saw, the VN would probably work. But there's something about the whole setup that I dislike.

But I really, sincerely, absolutely promise. No cringe lines. Maybe the technical writing might not be up to snuff, but there will not be something so objectionable that you will want to hit your monitor (or me).
>>
>>125095890
>Said HRP will be one of the longest English visual novels ever made
>It is probably because of all the stalling filler
>>
>>125080768
Hafu
>>
>>125099093

Hate to break your little kokoro but most Japanese vns are 90% filler. English Devs haven't gotten the hang of excessively padding games out to cheat customers with mystical word count #s
>>
>>125100034
Where did that person mention JVN?
>>
>>125100034
This is part of why there are native-EVN fans who can't stand JVNs, which completely baffles people who grew up on glorious nippon artwork and can't imagine how anyone could ever prefer the bastard child
>>
>>125097648
the grammar reads weird, though I guess spellcheck wouldn't help that.
>>
Does anyone have any SketchUp tutorial resources? I'm trying to teach myself. I used to use Blender but was too stupid for it. P-please tell me this is easier
>>
>>125100830
Doujin JVN tend to be shorter too, you know. Most EVNs are only short because they don't have the resources, time, or experience to make a long one, or their projects have crashed with no survivors.
>>
>>125103149
Oh yeah, I should say my purpose is to get quick perspective/bases for bgs, not make finished products in it 3D.
>>
>>125103517
Yes, there are doujin JVN which are only 2-10 hours long instead o the 40+ hour beasts of the commercial scene, and they are often STILL padded to hell and back.

Many EVN authors and readers don't actually want to sit through hours of nothing much happening while they search for the plot.
>>
>>125103517
>Most EVNs are only short because they don't have the resources, time, or experience to make a long one

Do you really think everyone sets out to write an entire six-season TV series and no story is naturally shorter?
>>
>>125105296

I think you have an okay point, but let's face it.

I'm a writer. I want to write a full length novel, not a novella. I want it to become a series, not a one-off.

People want to build legacies. A short story is not a legacy.

I do realize that when it comes to VN production what matters is producing. You need to gain some foundation on some short works.

But I think the biggest draw to VNs is following the formula of multiple routes that add up to a "true end".

Visual novels are unique in that they allow you to experience a story through a few branches, come to understand more and more, and then deliver something incredible for having done so-- that, or you get to take the side glances in. The "what ifs" get to be explored and answered.

I do not know if other mediums get this chance.
>>
Write your story how you fucking want to
>>
>>125107141
>I want to write a full length novel, not a novella.
A 100K VN isn't a novella or a short story.
>People want to build legacies. A short story is not a legacy.
A single well-written novel can leave a better legacy than a series.
>>
go to hell
>>
>>125103561
1. Make a box
2. Open warehouse
3. Fill box with other people's work
>>
>>125110914
Is that what the current by artists selling on LSF do? I assumed they made everything from scratch
>>
>>125107141
Why do people assume a legacy means Star Wars or LotR?
Solaris was a singular novel.
Stalker was a singular movie.
Legacy means people have to talk about your creations, and there are more efficient ways to achieve that than content pumping, which by itself only works for as long as you keep it up.
>>
>>125112850
bg artists*
>>
File: gal.jpg (67KB, 396x715px)
gal.jpg
67KB, 396x715px
Is she ganguro enough, without being too ganguro?
(She starts the novel like this, she's the "assistant" of the protagonist, not the one being indoctrinated)
>>
>>125112850
I would assume they would only make their own models if they can't find what they're looking for. There's no reason not to use the warehouse.
>>
>>125114496
probably needs more makeup, there's a difference between ganguro, and tanned gyarus.
>>
>>125114496
The clothes don't seem ganguro enough to me. You don't have to go full yamanba, but the point of ganguro is outrageousness.
>>
Dave Gilbert is on AdventureX talking about writing, live on Stream. It's pretty interesting: twitch tv / adventurexpo It's for adventure games, but still relevant to VNs, on how to build empathy for the characters and avoid some common pitfalls.
>>
>>125115452
>>125115492
Then, I think I got what I wanted... "without being too ganguro", because in a far future, we will get to the yamanba point with her.
(in case you guys were in the last 4 /evn/, I'm the guy making the netori VN using my daily job money)
>>
*random project* anon here, what random tip from you guys should I try today?
>>
>>125123662
*tips TopHat*
>>
Anyone anticipate finishing their game next year? Also post progress
>>
>>125112850
If everything was hand-made for a single BG, it'd take much more time and cost 600+ per piece like "big boys" enviro art. They probably still model things like buildings and unique stuff.
>>
>>125124627
I'm hoping to have one of my games done before the end of the year. The other one shouldn't take too much longer.

And I spent all last night coding for someone else. Though it was fun, it meant no progress.
>>
The game contains 5,736 dialogue blocks, containing 44,864 words and 241,283
characters, for an average of 7.8 words and 42 characters per block.

The game contains 28 menus, 689 images, and 59 screens.

No scripting progress really.
>>
>>125094737
That would be a smart move. If you add more characters, give them minor roles, not routes.
>>
>>125124627
Yep. If things go well for me i'll release three next year, if not i'll release two.
>>
>>125132928
... WW?
>>
Apparently Super Health Club sucks, I'm glad I didn't drop 30usd for it.
>>
>>125133178
Were you really expecting anything more than fap bait? It's written by ESLs.
>>
>>125133785

But the problem is that it isn't good fap bait.
>>
>http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=36065

This looks cool but the 7KPP comparisons are pretty strong. I don't know which was around longer, though.
>>
>>125133178
$30? Seems like a lot for a dating sim.
>>
upsy
>>
>tfw new game is superior in every way to old
>tfw still gotta finish old and do the best job I can

It's so hard to not get seduced to new projects.
>>
>>125135295
Yeah, which I why I waited until I had heard back about the quality.
>>
Internally screaming
In an empty room
It echoes
>>
>>125095890
Should I feel bad for looking forward to this?
>>
>>125141921
You brought this upon yourself. You know you did.
>>
>>125142289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBRzdVIlTs8

If you know ningnong you could play this while you wait.
>>
>>125142289
I don't know. I was pretty eager about it because yay yuri until I read the post and my enthusiasm drained away with every waffling, padded sentence. But if it doesn't have the same effect on you, why shouldn't you enjoy it?
>>
>>125142289

No, it is at least good to see releases, even if they are not well written.

The visuals look very good. However, the writing is fourth-rate. I do not know why they decided to abuse the English language so.

It is a bit strange that the writer would flaunt the passive voice in their marketing materials. I'm not as critical of the contractions, but I think if you are trying to present your characters to the world, you should thrust them onto the stage with aplomb. The drab description makes them feel like they are the neglected socks left under the tree at Christmas, ignored after the PS4 is passionately plugged in.
>>
>>125143251
>waffling, padded sentence.
I've never heard waffling used in that way but I enjoy it. AW when is a demo going to be out? Prove us wrong.
>>
>>125143142
>jvn
>about american roadtrip and yuri between two girls

what the devil
>>
>>125143631
>>125143579
>>125143251
Guess I should probably address this.

The bios are pretty bad, honestly. I've never been particularly good at writing them and I should have let one of our editors hack them to shreds.

That being said, I don't think it's a good representation of the writing in the game. The bios uses my voice, which is admittedly very passive, not Amber's. Plus, our editor, Auric, has done a very good job at swatting away that pesky padding and fluff, so the ultimate result should hopefully be a very pleasant reading experience.

>>125143631
>AW when is a demo going to be out?
I don't think we were really planning on a demo. The game is pretty short--about 75k words. In theory, I suppose we could always show off the first few scenes, but I'd have to talk with the others about it first.Is that something people would be interested in?
>>
>>125143631
Not one of the core devs for HB, but I can say that it's closer to release state than demo state.
>>
>>125144460
At that length, and if you're pricing low, a demo isn't really required, especially if the early scenes don't lend themselves well to being a demo. It might be better to focus on good sales copy and intriguing screenshots.

Now, if you have an exciting scene early on that will make people eager to find out what happens next, a demo may be great for you.
>>
>>125144460

I'm sorry for being so critical. The polish of an editor makes writing shine and I am sure it is the case with yours, so please don't get too discouraged (in all honesty, I just wanted to make a fun Christmas-y analogy).

I would be interested in a demo, but I think if it's 75k words a demo might struggle to find a place to end. I am not sure about your price point, but it seems like buying it outright is not a high-risk decision.
>>
>>125144626
If that's the case wouldn't putting out the demo be simple?
>>
>>125143142
CUTE
>>
>>125143142
This is made by the same group that made that Atom Grrrl game Sekai is bringing over.
>>
>>125146168
I hope they bring that over instead. The one you mentioned looks pretty bad.
>>
>>125146168
And the same group that made Dahlia, which /u/ has recently found and been disappointed by. Here's hoping atom grrl ends better.
>>
>>125144786
There actually is a point I could see a demo leaving off on, but it would probably only take a little less than an hour to get to.

>>125144953
Ah, I don't mind. I actually found the analogy to be pretty funny. Either way, criticism is a good thing.

Price point is probably going to between $7-$10. So no more expensive than something like Love at First Sight or a few of the other Sekai VNs on Steam.
>>
>>125142545
Save me writer or programmer sempai ~clings to you with dewy eyes~ I'm all alone
>>
>>125147791
>writing out actions
>with fucking tildes
I wish nothing but the worst upon you and hope that your project fails.
>>
File: The Little Match Girl.png (1004KB, 904x605px) Image search: [Google]
The Little Match Girl.png
1004KB, 904x605px
>>
>>125149453
It was my intention to have awful writing so that it'd be apparent how much a writer is needed
>>
>>125150445
Why the fuck would you use the matches for the t's and not the i's
>>
>>125150534

Well, it's really apparent.

What are you working on? I may be able to help. Throw something out there.
>>
>>125149453
Also ur mean
>>
>>125150664
Nvm you're nice
>>
>>125149453
/me loves you too
>>
File: EpZRV0.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EpZRV0.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>125156907
>choose your fuccboi
>>
>>125156907

This game gets uglier every time I see it.
>>
>>125157369

... how are they fuccbois?
>>
>>125156907

This art style does not appeal to me at all, they look like weird dolls.
>>
>>125160515
weird dolls give me one helluva boner
>>
>>125163195
rozen maiden?
>>
For those of you that have paid for music, how exactly did it work? Did you give a flat amount? Do you have a contract of any kind? Or was it just paypal and go?
>>
>>125166427
I had a contract for someone who did a large amount for rights transfer since he was a teammate and then good faith with someone else who was contract work. I did it originally as batch payments but that was a clusterfuck and i urge you to not try it. Paying piece by piece is the best way, even if you have to open paypal a ton of times
>>
>>125166427

All commissioned work is the same: never pay the whole amount upfront, always have a contract that states you can use the asset, and always use paypal.
>>
>>125167342
>>125167469

Around how much did you guys spend on music?

Were you satisfied with the music? Was it original for your work or something you heard and liked?
>>
>>125160515
>weird dolls
Thank you for reminding me that Cheritz did a game based off of dolls from an actual fucking company.
>>
>>125168317

50% upfront, 50% on delivery of the music. $1,500 for 10 songs.

It was okay, though I'm not sure I will use them again.
>>
>>125156907
Megane. I don't know jack shit about this game, but glasses=good.
>>
>>125168317
>Around how much did you guys spend on music?
I paid roughly 1100 total between two musicians and stock. Total will be 1250 after all stock is bought.

I would suggest you figure out the sound for your game, figure out your budget and how many songs you need, and then seek out candidates. Then you can reevaluate this budget based off their rates and how much you like them. If your budget is too low you'll have to look into stock like me.

And yeah same results as >>125169024. Some songs were great while others were kinda meh and X many fixes ended with me giving up and OKing the song.
>>
>>125168383
People get really weird about BJDs. That's when you know you've gone past the point of no return.
>>
Bleh
>>
I keep these threads alive to have someone to talk to about evn. Cheers to the rest of you solo devs.
>>
>>125170327
I have no idea why people get crazy about those things, they're fucking terrifying alien looking things.
>>
>>125176495

> having such bad taste
>>
>>125169024
>>125170197

Thanks guys.

>>125174935

Cheers!
---

I'm trying to think of how to structure my development process. My current plan is to:

1) Finish Storyboard & Decision Points Diagram
2) Write all scenes in full and identify needed assets (Music, Event CGs, BGs, Sprites, Poses) on a spreadsheet as I go.
3) Evaluate assets to see which may not be worth pursuing and create final list of needed assets.
4) Commission Assets & Find/Hire Editor.
5) Programming
6) Personal Testing
7) Beta Testing / QC
8) Release

Does this sound like the right order of things? I have already written out a few scenes, but thought it might be better to add some structure to it.

I may test a few scenes in full (i.e. with assets) just to make sure it looks how I feel it should.
>>
>>125176545
Since when did mental asylums allow internet usage?
>>
>>125176495
That's how many people feel about anime artstyle characters in general.

I think they're cute enough but seriously obsessing over them suggests a lack of relationships in your life IMO. it's not just BJDs, you get people who are obsessed with their realdolls and think they've actually married them, or women who fixate on Reborn baby dolls which will never grow up and leave them
>>
>>125178881

Sounds good to me, but realistically speaking if you are writing and programing yoursel you are going to end up doing some programming as you go.

>>125178927

Say what you want, properly painted bjds are cute.
>>
Any recommendations for logo people? I need a fantasy style one with lots of embellishments
>>
>>125180390
Konett is good, but pricey and takes a long time
>>
>>125179126
As someone who actively collects BJDs and participates in the community, I can say a lot of people are lonely but it's not the case for everyone. I have a friend with like, 20? I don't know, I lost count, but she's a social butterfly. She just has a lot of fun painting and customizing them.

It depends how you define "serious obsession" I guess. I don't think you can idly collect 15+ without REALLY liking them because they're expensive as fuck and so are the clothes and shoes and everything else.

I still need to play that Cheritz game, though I don't like the dolls from that company all that much.

Sorry for the text wall.
>>
>>125182060
blow job dolls?
>>
>>125182384
No you dumbfuck

Ball jiggling dolls
>>
>>125182384
>>125182503
You're both correct! Though dolls with jiggle dicks are much easier to come by.

In all seriousness, ball jointed dolls.
>>
>>125182060
Yeah, I don't think just collecting is necessarily a serious obsession, so long as you can afford to buy the things. If you're going without food to buy more dolls, or you think your dolls are actually talking to you, though...

I only have a couple of the cheap barbie-sized ones. I fooled around with the hobby a bit way back when I was looking for avenues to make money online, I was vaguely considering trying to resell imports (using limited japanese knowledge to buy things others couldn't) or make doll stuff, but it didn't work out. And I couldn't bring myself to buy any of the really expensive dolls even if they are pretty.
>>
>>125183368
Admittedly, I've known a couple people that skipped meals or lived off ramen for a couple months to buy a doll and that's always worried me. Oddly enough, the whole "my dolls talk to me!" shit doesn't bother me all that much. Like, if it makes you comfortable and you don't make OTHER people uncomfortable then whatever.

What bothers me is "Hahaha he likes to grope girls!" when handed a doll that smacks me in the tit, followed by the owner poking me in the ass later.

You could've made a killing off of Unoas back then.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this conversation but I'm not sure if it's good to keep going off topic. You should swing by /toy/'s BJD thread* sometime! We're saner than the rest of the hobby has ever been! >>>5316225

*Not to be confused with /jp/'s dollfucking tendencies.

I want to do a VN about the hobby, now that I think about it...
>>
>>125184079
I fucked up.
>>>/toy/5316225
>>
>>125184079

> another anon from the bjd thread hangs out here

4chan is really small, isn't it?

More on topic, I'd love a VN with a dolls that come to life ala Rozen Maiden / Super doll licca-chan.
>>
>>125184451
How many of us are there!? This is surreal. I wasn't expecting any overlap between my two niche as fuck hobbies.

>I'd love a VN with a dolls that come to life ala Rozen Maiden / Super doll licca-chan.
I've been wanting to write SOMETHING to the tune of this (or about the hobby itself, whatever, maybe both) but that's where the idea ends. I don't even know what I want to do with characters, and that's usually my strength.
>>
>>125184451
I'm more surprised people from /toy/ are here, but i don't go into BDJ threads.
>>
>>125182060
>I still need to play that Cheritz game
Reminder to never support companies that use always online DRM.
>>
>>125185189
Does the Steam build still require connecting to their DRM?
>>
>>125185189
Source? I don't keep up on most companies, but I know their game's on Steam and I was going to go through there.
>>
>>125185189
Isn't Steam pretty much online DRM?
>>
>>125185381
Yes.

>>125185412
http://steamcommunity.com/games/337930/announcements/detail/168099437485933700
>>
>>125185883
Thank you! Were they having a ton of piracy issues or some shit? I play the most VNs when the power goes out here and my laptop battery's functioning for awhile. Seems pretty silly.
>>
>>125185189
you can pirate it dummy, no drm there.
>>
>>125186079
It was previously non-DRM so it got cracked and uploaded, same with Dandelion. They actually posted on the forum topic where Dandelion got uploaded and got laughed out, then threw a fit and reintroduced the DRM.
>>
>>125186079
All games have a ton of piracy issues. Cheritz has the rare achievement of being the one PC otome game that the popular otome pirate forums just plain can't get hold of and it drives them insane.

Now, whether those pirates are actually a big deal or not is a much more complicated question. But there absolutely are people who want to pirate your VN even if it's shit.

>>125185805
It's optional online DRM (different games use it differently), it's more reliable than random services which may shut down, and at least you get some benefits along with it.
>>
>>125186237
That's what I was implying they should do, Sherlock.
>>
>>125186361
>Cheritz has the rare achievemen
from other posts I'm apparently out of date, I guess they had the DRM off for a little while and it got cracked then? It certainly used to be they were the one provider people couldn't get hold of.

i used to visit a lot of pirate sites and get their links taken down because I love wasting my time but it got boring
>>
>>125186547
>i used to visit a lot of pirate sites and get their links taken down because I love wasting my time but it got boring

I do this too whenever I find indie games (and other indie stuff, too). It's a guilty pleasure of mine.
>>
>>125181259
>>125180390
I used her recently, in fact I might have been the guy complaining with you in the past threads. I'm not in a hurry to repeat business but I have her as a last resort.
>>
>>125190136

I'll have to check her out. I've never seriously looked at this general before, but the last two days have been pretty informative
>>
>http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36073
>A bit afraid to post my game on Steam

You should be.
>>
I think I'm dying.
>>
>>125191602
Is it near being released?
>>
>>125195832
It's infel so I doubt it. The whole post seems like a way to rant about her depression.
>>
>>125196971
http://lunarwingsgames.tumblr.com/ his tumblr
>>
>>125186547
>and get their links taken down
How?
>>
Pfft... admiral in the house.

>http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17302&p=395952#p395952
>>
>>125190136
How long did it actually take with konnett? Pls respond.
>>
>>125199154
Not them but I guess they just report them, just for them to be reupped in a couple of days.
>>
>>125199607
How would that work on a torrent site? The site exists to torrent, why would they listen to just one guy about one game? Makes no sense.
>>
>>125199829
They're clearly talking about DDL sites, dummy.
>>
>>125200047
>i used to visit a lot of pirate sites
huh?
>>
>>125200174
Torrenting is not the only means of piracy.
>>
>>125200256
I know, but sites like AS are 90% pirated material. Why would they listen and take down a link when 90% of their other shit is pirated? Either take down all links, or ignore the person would be the reasonable options.
>>
>>125200524
The file hosting sites take down the file. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>125200636
I don't understand.
>>
>>125200174
There is literally no point in taking down torrents.

Most DDL file hosters will take down file links if you ask, and there are demonstrably people who will make a cursory search for an easy direct download of a game and then, if they can't find one, give up and buy it. So if you remove the low-hanging fruit, it might have some effect.
>>
File: 1353375211664.jpg (142KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1353375211664.jpg
142KB, 1366x768px
>>125200791
Are you having a giggle or are you really this fucking stupid? Did you start using the internet last week? Somebody reports the uploaded file on whatever file sharing site it's on. The site takes it down because they're technically legally not supposed to be hosting pirated content, even though everybody knows what they're for. It's for show. Then it gets reuploaded again.
>>
>>125201126
...go on.
>>
>>125201214
In the end, it doesn't even matter.
>>
>>125201425
The future refused to change.
>>
>>125201471
I aint the sharpest tool in the shed~!
>>
How many people who use the "pay what you want" function actually get any money? How much?
>>
http://vnsnow.com/2015/12/the-short-history-of-love-language-japanese/
>>
>>125201974
I think there was a LSF topic where some people using it showed their returns, which were almost nothing.

Pay what you want alone is simply not enough motivation for any but the most diehard fan. To get anything out of it at all you need to employ a bit of psychology. If you look at how all those game bundle sites operate, you see they put a lot of work into giving you REASONS to pay a little bit more and not just a penny or nothing.

Even purely donation-funded sites often push motivation through goals and progress reporting.
>>
>>125202172
FINALLY
>>
>>125201598
But I give Jenny all of my love
>>
What's a good length for a demo of a game that's going to be roughly 500k? Is 50k too much?
>>
>>125204761
You're an absolute madman, but 50 to 80 sounds like a good enough idea.
>>
>>125204761
Oh boy, another Filler Express visual novel. Just what everyone needed.
>>
>>125204852
I am, yes.

>>125206120
I'm aiming to avoid that. I expect what I have at the moment will be cut drastically, but I'm aiming for each scene to actually move shit forward instead of just "look at this cute scene with your potential waifu!"

I mean, I like that shit, but sparingly.
>>
Why is 3rd person hated in visual novels?
>>
>>125207001
It isn't.
>>
>>125206660
>I'm aiming for each scene to actually move shit forward
That is very hard to do with 500k words. You want to write something the size of infinite jest, you're gonna need waifu's, because no one wants to read your plodding writing when they could be reading david foster wallace or watching three or four entire seasons of a TV show.
>>
>>125199320
For me it took a few weeks, but I think she said it was during her exams or something like that.
>>
>>125207675
What did you commission? A bg? A sprite set? Logo?
>>
>>125207889
Logo, sorry. Forgot to specify.
>>
>>125208160
Hey no worries. Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>125207675
What's a few weeks? 2 weeks or 6 weeks?
>>
>>125207620
500k is mostly an estimate based off of what I currently have and comparing it to the rest of the outline. My editor has been making small edits along the way but we've yet to go through and start removing unnecessary things.

So if it ends up being up there in word count, cool, I like long stories so I'll be happy with it. That being said, I don't have any dick stroking goals about the word count-- it is what it is when it's done, and I listed it so I could get some feedback about demo length, since 50k demo for a 500k game and 50k demo for a 200k game are very different things.
>>
>>125208342
It took about 2 weeks from initial sketch to finished product.
>>
>>125208439
That's a couple, not a few.
>>
>>125208439
Thanks m8.
>>
>>125208525
Sorry to trigger your pedantry.
>>
>>125208343
Longer game doesn't necessarily need longer demo. Many kinds of strategies can work. A long demo released far in advance of the commercial release can be like a free first game establishing goodwill for the later sales. Nearer release, though, short can be good because it drives people to move on to the next step of buying.
>>
>>125208343
Don't make it 50k dude, that's way too long for a demo. Just end it on some cliff hanger at 30k or below.
>>
So what games are supposed to be coming out soon? This dry spell is killing me.
>>
>>125212598
BCM is in a few days and Sakura santa. There probably wont be anything else til mid january to march where we'll have the visualnovelpocalypse as everyone and their grandma rushes to put out a game.
>>
>>125213653

It's sad but... I am not a very good writer, I think I am pedestrian at best. But even that completely crushes all the OELVNs that I have seen. I do not see anyone who I think is on my level or close.

And I am not good. I am like a 7/10 at best. More likely a 6.5. But the releases I see are like ESL level. From people who supposedly know the language.

Maybe too many autists are attracted to the medium or something? It's a strange amount of really bad writers.
>>
>>125215340
ebi-hime.
>>
>>125215340
You have dunning-kruger effect.
>>
>>125215340
What releases are you talking about?
>>
>>125215340
show yer work
>>
>>125215340
you need a better bait dawg.
>>
>>125215716
Most likely a sample size of 2-3 WC, AJTilley, or F2P game jams. Wouldn't want to actually read good work and feel lacking, now would we?
>>
>>125215340
>7/10
Prove it.
>All the OELVNs I've seen
What OELVNs have you seen?
>>
I want to announce my two new games so bad and the wait is killing me.
>>
>>125218506
Why can't you announce them?
>>
Ever since I messaged demonicbagel about that bullshit days ago, he made exactly one post on LSF.

Maybe he took it to heart?
>>
>>125220402
Nah he'll be back. Leaches gonna leach
>>
File: pose.png (82KB, 392x418px) Image search: [Google]
pose.png
82KB, 392x418px
Hi HRP. Any chance on fixing Amber's arm on that sprite? It's REALLY bothering me.
>>
File: handhip_base_redshirt.png (667KB, 1572x3348px) Image search: [Google]
handhip_base_redshirt.png
667KB, 1572x3348px
>>125220939
Yeah, that damn arm has actually been bothering us for a good five months now. We've gone through a ton of versions of it.

Pic is the current one. Might change before release, but we're currently happy with this one.
>>
File: arm.png (753KB, 2200x2343px) Image search: [Google]
arm.png
753KB, 2200x2343px
>>125221917
I expect payment in form of anime girls. The other arm also has a weirdly tiny elbow, so it might be good to thicken that up so then it makes more sense for her other arm to not look so... like that.
>>
Hey HRP dev, would you mind if I name my project "HEP"? As in Human Exploitation Project?
>>
>>125221917
Work on HRP
>>
>>125222235
That didn't seem very hard to fix.
>>
>>125222484
It wasn't.
>>125222480
Shut up, give me gay roadtrip any day over druggy waifu slideshow.
>>
>>125222235
You'll payment will be in the next blogpost.

>>125222412
Not sure, honestly. You're probably better off emailing us or Sekai if you're looking for a serious, official answer.

>>125222480
It's four in the morning, anon. I'm only up because I'm currently working on it.
>>
>>125222708
>You'll payment
One of them god damn better have braids or some shit to make up for that half-hearted reply.
>>
>>125222792
I'll triple check the update for spelling and grammatical errors. Just for you.
>>
>>125222412
Name your VN whatever you want.
>>
Got to 70k into my build. Just 30k more to input. Goodnight zzzz
>>
>>125222986
>>125222708

Hmm.. I'll work on a title with top-tier distancing language.
>>
>>125222412
Why on earth are you asking them permission to name your game? Name it what you want, there's no issue.
>>
>>125226906
I'm just a third-worlder afraid of corporate manpower.
>>
>>125228405

> indie vns
> corporate manpower
>>
Did I just shitpost, senpai?
>>
>>125228405
There's nothing they can do to you. There's a game called Not GTAV on Steam right now.
>>
Okay okay. Will stick to Human Exploitation Project for now. Me and my team of fuckups might give it a better name once we get the game design document up.
>>
>>125222235

Awwww, you made her arm chubbier

Her hand is backwards, too?
>>
What's the point of a dating sim where most of the sex scenes are the LIs getting fucked by other dudes? Keep in mind it's not supposed to be a kek simulator.
>>
>>125233668

When you need a mana transfer, you do what you have to. That's just how the world is, man. Cold and lonely. One day you're eating cake with your waifu, the next she's being jackhammered by your best friend. Using his dick, no less. And they don't even use a condom. Does she have crabs now? Would it be rude to ask her to get a test? When I had crabs, I basically bit off all my pubic hair and wove a small net with it, which I presented to my friend who likes fishing. In my gf's box. WIth his dick. It was kind of a metaphorical stand, but he didn't get it.

But that's dating sims, man. They're a lot like crabs, really. Once they get their claws in you, your junk is itching for days. Then the metaphor breaks down, because you can scratch the VN itch by masturbating, but you can't masturbate to crabs, unless you have a crab fetish, like that bitch from Bakemonogatari.

If she was my LI, I'd let her get fucked by another dude. Probably Hitler. Dude really needed to get laid.
>>
>>125215340
>It's sad but... I am not a very good writer, I think I am pedestrian at best. But even that completely crushes all the OELVNs that I have seen. I do not see anyone who I think is on my level or close.
This might be bait, but I feel the same way.
>>
>>125233668
Super health club?
>>
>>125236438

Everyone feels that way. It's one thing to look at others' work and see it's bad, it's a whole new ballgame trying to make something great.

I tried to make something great once by cumming in my GF's box without a condom, because with my 10/10 genetics and her ability to produce offspring, this should have resulted in an Albert Einstein/ Muhammad Ali hybrid. Instead it resulted in an abortion, a restraining order, and crabs.Seriously, fuck crabs.
>>
>>125236957
Yep.
>>
>>125237342

Probably in a health club 'cause they got crabs. Game's trying to teach you something, son.
>>
So how much is /evn/ willing to pay for another Juniper's Knot vn?
>2 characters
>0 screenplay
>1 setting
>plotless
>good writing style
>decent OST
>>
>>125237516

I'm not. It was about fifteen minutes long, and while it was way above the standards of most evns, it ultimately lacked depth, making it forgettable.
>>
>>125237516
>Paying for a VN
kek
>>
>>125237342
Probably trying to maxizime the amount of porn without considering that people really aren't into it.

Also

> game advertizes 100 cgs
> they are mostly variations of each other

Why
>>
>>125238000

So they can advertize having 100 cgs. Once they have your money, they're laughing.
>>
>>125238000
> game advertizes 100 cgs
> they are mostly variations of each other
You didn't see that coming from a mile away?
>>
>>125238149
Yeah, but for 30 bucks...
>>
bumping the fucking thread
>>
So, looks like quantum suicide is going to fail.... but then again I said the same thing about the letter in a similar situation so who the fuck knows. Also I haven't seen a single KS I'd even consider backing since HRP. It's kinda sad
>>
>>125237516
Nothing. It was pretty, but it was just an interlude. The point of making something like that, tiny and super-shiny, is to show off your studio's skills so that people will believe you are capable of great things and spend money on your other products even though they are doomed to be crushing disappointments.
>>
>>125238295
30 bucks isn't anywhere near enough to afford 100 unique CGs.
>>
>>125243897
30 bucks is the price of the game.
>>
File: lineup_4.png (429KB, 1043x1067px) Image search: [Google]
lineup_4.png
429KB, 1043x1067px
I'm having an issue in which my characters are alright designs on their own, but don't really match each other? Right now I'm working on the colors and character silhouettes, rather than actual style, but I can't really find a way to tie these designs all together.
>>
>>125244063
Yes. I understood that. I also understand the prices artists charge and the number of sales an unknown game can safely count on making.
>>
>>125244367
The only one that really doesn't fit to me is the blonde, the rest can all fit together easily in a slightly cartoony world. The biggest issue I'd see is making sure the backgrounds fit them instead of being standard straight semi-3d shit.
>>
>>125244367
Not to diss your designs, but I never really understood why people pick cartoony low-detail aesthetic for something that's going to be static and not animated, you'd think they'll go full overrender with tons of details and stuff. It looks kind of, I dunno, lackluster? Though to be honest I've only read about 3 EVNs who tried this.
>>
>>125245612
I'm a sucker for simplicity, its true, but for now I'm just trying to get base ideas down before I go absolutely ham on the details.
>>
>>125246257
Cartoony style hopefully means you can give people lots of poses and reactions.
>>
>>125245612
Because it's fast and easy.
>>
Post art progress.
>>
>>125243897
30 bucks is significantly higher than the average for evn (10-20usd).
>>
File: floating_frames.jpg (89KB, 497x661px) Image search: [Google]
floating_frames.jpg
89KB, 497x661px
>>125249165
>>
>>125249452
Does the average EVN contain 30-50 unique CGs by a known artist?
>>
Just finished watching Rosemarys Baby instead of working on my game. That shit wasn't scary at all, saw the tweest from a mile away too.
>>
>>125249957
Was it at least visually striking?
>>
How do you write a good unreliable narrator? Any evn's with one? I'm stumped on how to do one realistically.
>>
>>125250127
When she sees her baby for the first time, I suppose that sequence was interesting to watch. I just don't get how Mia Farrow is praised as having good acting in this movie, it was pretty below average acting to me. And instead of making me scared, the neighbor lady going "Hail Satan!" at the end in her old, annoying, screech voice just made me laugh.
>>
>>125249923
Mine does and it is only $15! Because I am terrible with my money and marketing.
>>
>>125250127
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv3p8kIyqLI
>>
>>125251023
You're not average, you're special!
>>
>>125067268
I thought DH was supposed to be around 200k words iirc.
>>
File: 56209.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
56209.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
>>
>>125249923
No, but they don't promise 100 either.
>>
File: NAME AND SHAME.png (16KB, 1298x128px) Image search: [Google]
NAME AND SHAME.png
16KB, 1298x128px
Threadly reminder to NAME AND SHAME (con)artists.
>>
What's the most you've ever written in a day?
>>
>>125254248
I'm making a math comparison.
If the average EVN costs $15 and contains 15 CGs (I don't know if that's true but let's go with that), then a premium, $30 EVN might be expected to contain 30-40 CGs, but not 100.

This isn't completely true, obviously, financial scales are much more complicated than that, but it comes back into me thinking that a bit more expensive than the average EVN is still not lkely to mean 100 unique CGs.

I'm curious what the actual breakdown of CGs in this game is. Are we talking 20 CGs with 5 variations each, or what?
>>
>tfw gonna have to spend 250~300 on a logo
>again

I cant find any fantasy logos for shit. Logo makers, expand your range
>>
>>125255518
You can have a million cgs, but if your writing is shitty then it's still going to appear expensive.

And the fact is not that I, the buyer, expect 100 cgs. It's that THEY promised it to me.
>>
Can you use copyright music in an non-commercial evn? How about mentions of trademarked names like "Mcdonalds" or "Walmart"?
>>
>>125258863
>It's that THEY promised it to me.
TECHNICALLY they met their promise, no?
>>
>>125258985
>Can you use copyright music in an non-commercial evn?

Same answer as it ever is: If you have permission.

Some musicians will grant permission for stuff to be used free in non-commercial work, some won't. You still need to ask.

>How about mentions of trademarked names like "Mcdonalds" or "Walmart"?

That's a complicated subject and not one I would trust anonymous responses on. Here's a quick overview that came up: http://accentuateservices.com/archives/567

if even that's tldr, start with this: You can't use their trademarked name in the name of your game, you may or may not be able to visually depict their logos, and if you say anything negative about them they can sue you, but you CAN mention a brand name by name if you need to, you're not legally barred from doing so.
>>
>finally come up with a perfect title
>just realized the initials are STD
Fuck.
>>
>>125258863
>And the fact is not that I, the buyer, expect 100 cgs. It's that THEY promised it to me.
Well, they did give you 100 CGs. They're just not all unique. That's really what you should have expected tee bee eich.
>>
>>125261320
ayyy
go for it
>>
>>125261868
It's supposed to be a serious title ;_;
>>
>>125262101
at least it's memorable
>>
>>125261320
Jesus Christ I just did a fucking google search for one of my characters names, I thought her name was cute and unique, but the only results that popped up was a damn porn star. Jesus, I'm not trying to make a porn game here.
>>
>>125262647
eh, don't worry, few people will google just the character name and expect that the internet will know exactly who they mean
>>
>>125262647
>Google search my grills names
>They are almost all dude names
It doesn't bother me much honestly.
>>
>>125263642
>what is a unisex name
>>
>>125263795
Some of them are not unisex, but that was intentional.
>>
>properly planned out every scene before i began writing
>checkboxes for stuff that needs to be mentioned
>no writer's block because everything is already good to go
>just cruising through the script, getting everything down
>plenty of time for editing later

now this is podracing
>>
>>125267107
How much have you written so far?
>>
>>125267157
60k out of what will probably be 150k
>>
Let me ask something since your guy's thread is dead already:

Do you prefer a PoV main character with a defined personality with a character arc in line with the story of the game? One where you can't really self-insert into him as he is his own character?

Or do you prefer a blank slate everyman main character who doesn't have eyes in CGs with no story arc? One where you can self-insert into?
>>
>>125267832
I prefer what makes a good story.

I am fine with PoV main characters with defined personalities and story arcs, though the personality needs to be properly communicated to the player so they understand the nature of the choices that they get to make (assuming there are any).

I also enjoy being able to make my own character. That is NOT the same thing as a blank slate with no eyes. Even in games where you can't change your character's appearance or origin story, it is possible to shape the development of your character and feel ownership of that.

There is no such thing as an actual blank slate character that people can fully self-insert into because you, as the author, cannot possibly provide all the options that 'I' would want to select.
>>
>>125268556
>There is no such thing as an actual blank slate character that people can fully self-insert into because you, as the author, cannot possibly provide all the options that 'I' would want to select.
Disagree.
>>
>>125268662
Okay, fine, you disagree, but I've played a lot of hentai games where I'm fed up with the bland invisible eyeless protagonist because his stupidass thoughts and actions are very much not me.
>>
>>125268901
Or, for that matter, the protagonist of Amnesia, who almost never speaks in order to keep her 'thoughts' from overruling yours, and then takes DUMB AS SHIT actions that you would never have chosen.
>>
>>125269115
This. Amnesia's MC was dumb as a board - in contrast, sweet fuse's saki is relatively bland, but she has common sense and the option to call out the men's behaviour goes a long way to make you feel like she's acting like you would have.

Being a shipper at heart, I prefer PoV games that make me care for the MC beyong being the convenient protagonist.
>>
>>125269959
So basically, the MC can be a bland character or a well developed one as long as she is consistent and not a dumbass?
>>
>>125268901
>>125269115
>>125269959
Not liking dumb characters is a completely different argument than it's impossible to make a self insert.
>>
So, what's the epitome of EVN's?
>>
>>125251729
That's what my mommy tells me.
>>
>>125267832
A no eyes character is creepy to me and doesn't have the intended effect. If the hair and body are totally different from the player, then the illusion is broken despite the missing eyes. I don't know how an everyman would be done well, but I think it could be done. I dont know if it counts, but I like being able to choose the protagonist's actions and feel that it's my personality, like is possible in Telltale games.

At the same time I'd also enjoy playing a character that's his own person, because it could be interesting to see his behavior. They'd still need some likable qualities. I've played some obnoxious or grating characters before and dropped those games.
>>
Somebody reply to this, I need to feel acknowledged please.
>>
>>125271120
Yes. Hell, haver her be a dumbass - but acknowledge it and not have it be a consequence of bad writting.

>>125271336
Dumb characters are often a result of wanting them to be bland, since self insert have little to no agency of their own in order to avoid giving them a personality.
>>
I thought I heard a voice, but it was just nothing.
>>
>>125271336
I said it's impossible to make a *perfect* self insert in the form of a blank slate everyman. You can't provide a generic answer to everything and expect it to work for everyone.

If you want to cater more to players self-insertion, it's more effective to give them more options to pick from, rather than trying to remove all personality and characteristics from the MC.
>>
>>125272967
>I said it's impossible to make a *perfect* self insert
That wasn't the question.
>>
>>125272482
Please.
>>
Must just be the house settling.
>>
>>125273418
Stop, you're making me feel bad. I am not invisible.
>>
File: 53186.jpg (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
53186.jpg
47KB, 800x600px
>>
File: 1446090569600.gif (1012KB, 220x270px) Image search: [Google]
1446090569600.gif
1012KB, 220x270px
>>125272184
No.
>>
>>125276172
Thank you!
>>
>>125273204
I'm sorry that I failed to select your eyeless monster self-insert option blindly and instead tried to suggest ways of making a better player experience.
>>
>>125276601
No need to get testy.
>>
>>125272967
Not him, but:

Do you prefer an MC with a well defined personality and relevant plot agency.

Or

Do you prefer a blank slate everyman main character more meant for self-inserting?
>>
>>125277059
First one.
>>
>>125277059
Neither.
>>
>>125277059
First one, every time.
>>
>>125278301
Contrarians.
>>
File: BdrRz2R.png (215KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
BdrRz2R.png
215KB, 500x281px
>>
File: coverpfft3.png (909KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
coverpfft3.png
909KB, 680x1020px
>>
>>125284460
Never gonna get it ~ Never gonna get it~
>>
File: 1412109310523.gif (421KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1412109310523.gif
421KB, 700x525px
>>125284460
>tfw no tsundere brown fire-mage bf
>>
File: lemma.png (528KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
lemma.png
528KB, 800x450px
>>
>>125287020

... I'm getting a very heavy No thank you!! vibe from this.
>>
>>125287112
How? That looks nothing like nty.
>>
>>125287112
The color palette is very similar.
>>
Okay guys, I'm trying to find "artist-kun" from the Shock Cacoon team to see if I can get some commissions.

However, all I can find is this:

http://www.fluffybooru.org/post/list/user_id=1074/1

And I have no fucking clue what the fuck that is, but I really don't think it's the same guy, and if it is, I want nothing to do with him.
>>
>>125287647

not the art itself, but I associate the black+white+blue dots color scheme with NTY.
>>
Are there any artists that you guys know of that design characters similar to the ones in Euphoria? I kind of like that art style, particularly, not-Beatrice.
>>
>>125288063
That's obviously not the same person.
>>
>>125287020
>everyone has that weird hair parting

Ew
>>
File: 1450058403176.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450058403176.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
Hey guys, sorry if this has been done to death, but I have only just heard of/played this VN.

Thought it was pretty good, I'm a sucker for nice demon-girls and archaic language.
What did you guys think?
>>
>>125292250
It was good; too short.
>>
>>125292363
I agree, but what could they have added before it was just fluff?
>>
>>125294957
different anon - I don't think they should have added to it, I just think it's too short to be worth saying much about. It's a nice short story, that's all.
>>
>>125292250

From what I saw of the screenshots on vndb, there are huge grammar mistakes that scream bad writing.

This isn't something like incorrect comma usage, or something easily ignored-- it was like... some body rather than somebody. Just basics of the construction of English that need to be known.

The art style is fine. The ideas and writing look awful. I'd need the vndb link, but in all of the captured text, none of the text captured my interest.
>>
File: 32159.jpg (27KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
32159.jpg
27KB, 1024x576px
>>125296458
You mean this one? It looks like just one overlooked mistake, I didn't notice any others while playing the game except this one. I don't think you can really comment about writing and grammar when having never played the game before.
>>
Does anyone have art requests?
>>
>>125296458
>>125297694
Oh no no, I'm a linguistics lover and I can assure you that there are no mistakes.
The reason the language is different is because the girl speaks in early Modern English, and the boy is pre-ind revolution.
Words like "some body" was correct at the time.
At some point he calls her "miss" and she assumes he's calling her a whore. She doesn't understand some of the words he says at all. Things of that nature.

Honestly, I think it adds to the feel of the game and I'm a sucker for correct linguistics.
>>
>>125299168
Are you trying to get into a game project or do you just want to drawfag? Because I'll just try to direct you over to /u/ to draw more girls.
>>
>>125299168
Draw a black haired animu girl tongue wrestling the back end of a wheeled chair. Thanks.
>>
File: suzuka sama smirk.jpg (205KB, 1016x944px) Image search: [Google]
suzuka sama smirk.jpg
205KB, 1016x944px
>>125299168
Yes, draw the girl here >>125292250
having tea with pic related.
>>
>>125299438
I just want to draw a picture or two to experiment.

>>125299631
>>125299840
I should've assumed people would want this, sorry. I don't think I could do those justice
>>
Anyone work with zack parrish or hear about him?
>>
>>125299168
A girl with short silver hair and huge breasts in a tuxedo.
>>
>>125249575
Oh damn, is every idea from the late 2013 /evn/ coming to life?
>>
>>125284460
Which reminds me, what's the usual aspect ration for covers? is this one in an ISO standard paper size?
>>
>>125302701
>2011
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10746
>>
>>125292250
Question for people who have played this.
You know when you get the "extras" in the main menu, those three blank spaces in the art section.....are they just blank or is there a way to unlock them?
>>
>>125305739
Filthy Fruity Damsels?
>>
>>125292250
Is it me? Or is that girl's chest a few inches lower than it should be?

>>125295020
>tfw you realize that according to the author the story is a metaphor for virgin penetration
>>
>>125308090
The writer of the story, Terrence Smith, compares "Juniper's Knot" as a forced chastity that will take a long time to end; although, he says that the meaning is also open to interpretation.[3] [7]

Also, I see what you mean, but I think it's more that she is leaning into him a lot in that image.
>>
>>125308260
>>125308090
So basically she bangs the shota eventually?
>>
>>125308064
I mean the floating frame director.
>>
>>125302701
I'm afraid I'm not doing it nearly as interestingly as you might imagine by the title there. I just have various custom speakers rigged up to create dialog boxes at different points in the room. Lazy hack rather than elegant engineering.
>>
>>125308397
It's implied that she watches over him after wards, but no relationship.
>>
>>125309964
Watches over his dick.
>>
>>125310159
stop besmirching my pure lesbian demon goddess
>>
One of my romance routes is so cheesy...
>>
>>125310326

Fun fact: she probably hasn't cleaned herself while she's been stuck there.
>>
>>125311691

Does it end with the words "And they all lived happily ever after?"
>>
>>125311740
Even better.
>>
>>125312403

Your tastes are strange but acceptable.
>>
>>125311740
Girls don't need to poop.
>>
>>125309757
>not defining the textboxes' bosition for each line manually
wew, it's like you don't want to die at work or something
>>
Floating Frame Anon, I think you can go one custom speaker per character-position, e.g. Jane center, Jane left, Jane right.

Wait, is that what you did?
>>
>>125315535
Along those lines. Since I'm not using speaker names on the boxes I can have a bunch of generic positions and reuse them for most characters. Lottie needs special ones because she's so short.

Downside is that I have a terrible time with left and right when I'm coding, I switch midway through and don't notice, so I have to crawl through scenes very carefully while I'm implementing. I don't know if it's just me, I routinely name my walk sprites walk_left when they're actually walking right, and so on. It's not like I don't know the difference, I just somehow always mix it up if I'm not paying attention.
>>
>>125316618
You sound like a cutie.
>>
Bomb.
>>
File: 87620.jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
87620.jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 4anon.png (483KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
4anon.png
483KB, 600x601px
>>125300831
Here you go. Sorry it's sketchy.

If anyone is willing, could I please have crit, especially for the anatomy issues?
>>
File: _bomb.png (199KB, 478x292px) Image search: [Google]
_bomb.png
199KB, 478x292px
>>125320793
A bomb! What kind of bomb?
>>
>>125323938
I'm no artist, but isn't her neck a little too thin for its length? Maybe the issue is in the way it connects to the body, though.
>>
>>125323938
I can't crit for shit, so I'll tell you that I like this a lot and I love your coloring!

I would ask if you had a gallery anywhere but no one ever posts those here.
>>
>>125323938
Holy shit this is really good anon, you got a blog?
>>
>>125324102
The cultural enrichment bomb.
>>
>>125323938
What a cool style. 2nd the blog question
>>
>>125324395
Yes it's too thin, I'll try correcting it tomorrow. Thanks for pointing it out.

>>125324425
>>125324680
>>125324901
I don't mind posting my blog, but I got the feeling it's frowned upon here? My blog's dead, too...I'll try to take more requests here again later!
>>
>>125322407
>those burger pictures

Damn im hungry
>>
>>125325071
Not really? It's one thing if you waltz in here with some bullshit about your SUPER AWESOME GAME that IS GONNA BE REALLY GREAT WHEN IT'S DONE BTW NEED FREE ART.

If people are requesting your blog, there's no harm in posting it. You didn't come here for ego stroking and asspats.
>>
>>125325071
Also, she looks about to fall to her right from this pose. I'm failing to come up with a leg position that'd properly support her.

post your blog
>>
>draw three grills
>need three poses each
>each pose becomes progressively harder to stay on model

The CGs should be fun...
>>
File: c.jpg (206KB, 999x1000px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
206KB, 999x1000px
>>125323938
Your anatomy is pretty spot on. I'd say work on your rendering - some areas look flat (left arm). Make forms read. Use stronger shadows, define edges.

Here's my attempt to 'fix' it.
>>
>>125326623
What did you fix?
>>
>>125328163
>some areas look flat (left arm)
>>
>>125326623
Less lens flare, thank Dog.
>>
>>125330106
lens flares and chromatic aberration are hip, gramps, all the cool kids are using them
>>
>>125330634

Just realised "Lens Flare" is a pretty cool name for a character.
>>
>>125331815
A superhero from Denmark?
>>
>>125332496
Those are 2hus.
>>
>>125302701
your project a shit
>>
>>125338226
That's solely due to having you are waifu in it :^)
>>
not sure if this is the place, but I heard the guy behind Bernd and the Mystery of Unteralterbach was working on a sequel, there was clem and everything, what happened to it?
>>
romance or friendship?
>>
>>125342859
friendship with a chance of romance
>>
>>125342859
Espionage.
>>
>>125323938
Your shading/coloring kind of vaguely reminds me of hidari

Looks really good from this uninformed eye especially as a quick sketch
>>
>>125345642
Tactical espionage. Rules of nature.
>>
>>125345703
Coincidentally a similar subject too
>>
>>125345938
You are now operating under Alpha Protocol.
>>
>>125346265
Nice? Do we get to massacre people?
>>
>>125346984
Fisher, I need you back in the business.
>>
Do you guys ever feel like if /evn/ lived together, it'd be either a great sitcom or a catty Jersey Shore ripoff?

I'd watch it either way.
>>
>>125348025
It'd probably become No Exit.
>>
>>125348025
120 Days of Sodom
>>
>>125323938
Pay attention to how you lay the breasts and shoulders and how the shoulder muscles are depicted.

If you draw a line from one shoulder to the other and between where you'd imagine the nipples to be, you'll find them to be divergent, which shouldn't really be the case - breasts tend to follow the shoulders. If a shoulder is lifted, the breast follows.

On her left shoulder (our right) the trapezium is really flat, making it look like a chunk has been taken off and making the neck look even longer. having a more gradual curve between the neck and the shoulders would help making the neck look less long.

Pay attention to where the eyes are: her left eye looks to be diverging a bit and also to be a bit lower down than the other.

I'd also recommend you to study how the arm muscles and bones look. You're missing the little protruding bone on the side of the wrist that would be noticeable by the highlight on the side and the elbow looks a bit like a chicken thigh, which makes me think that you kind of guessed how it should work instead of checking how the bones there are. While you're going for stylisation, a knowledge of the bones and muscles insofar as they are protruding enough to be visible would help you in shading your anatomy effectively.

Other than that, it's a very nice style, I like the colouring.
>>
File: smol mara.png (150KB, 463x714px) Image search: [Google]
smol mara.png
150KB, 463x714px
Progress from the other week. I really warmed up to this character, even if she isn't a real lamia.
>>
>>125325071
Post blog pls.
>>
>>125353952
Qt. Is it bishoujo or yuri game you're working on with the monster girls?
>>
>>125354668
Bishoujo, sadly, but I'd love to a yuri monster girl story.
>>
>>125354843
>sadly
excuse me
>>
A tiny dullahan holding up her own head in order to kiss a ridiculously tall oni girl...
>>
>>125355305
excuse you
>>
>>125355443
excuse YOU
>>
>>125355305
I like yuri games more. The writing between the love interest and the other character seems to have a different feel to it, and it's generally a lot less of a problem with the whole "He's just so nice...!" syndrome of bishojo.
>>
File: 5d2suUo.png (174KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
5d2suUo.png
174KB, 400x225px
>>
>>125358280
Nice VN for ants
>>
>>125358589
Ants are sexy. I want an ant harem.
>>
>>125358824
How To Get an Ant Harem in Four Easy Steps

Step 1: go outside
Step 2: find an ant mound
Step 3.a: if male, stick dick in
Step 3.b: if female, shove dirt in
Step 4: Congratulations! Your ant harem is now in place.
>>
Is there VNs with dank memes?
>>
>>125359757
Unteralterbach
>>
>>125360095
Anything else? Even short and shitty ones.
>>
>>125360479
Any ironic lol so fahnny game is guaranteed to be chock full of them.
>>
>>125359757
Kusoge, atashi ni nori
>>
File: 12523.jpg (164KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
12523.jpg
164KB, 800x600px
>>
>>125360551
>implying I'm not going to fill my super serious, dark, edgy game with subtle memes
Tch, *teleports behind you*, you know nothing of meme culture *stabs you with my katana folded over a thousand times*
>>
>>125370005
"Subtle memes," he says.
>>
>>125370005
hey, this sounds kinda like f/sn
>>
>had dream I got to 90k scripted in my VN
>got excited
>wake up
>still at 70k

Motherfucker
>>
>Page 10
>>
10 again... someone start a random inconsequential argument.
>>
>>125385226
Sure thing, boss.

LSF is recommending 4-6 cents per word. Can anyone name me a developer that pays that? Can anyone name me five developers paying their writers at all? Because if there really are people out there paying at those rates, I'd like to give up electrical engineering and get a drastic pay raise.
>>
>>125386254
>4-6 cents per word
I believe the standard going rate is 15 cents per word, actually.
>>
>>125386489
Oi, mate, sign me up. $150 for an hour of work is paradise. It'd put every single EVN developer under at half that, but got mine.
>>
>>125386254
Don't sell yourself short. Even if you're doing absolutely nothing else with your free time and have never completed a book or game in your entire life - you still deserve 5-6 cents.
>>
>>125386791
>tfw even if I write 500 words an hour for only 5 cents, it's still nearly double what I'm making as a graphic designer
Kill me.
>>
ML anon here - I just got back from talking with an studio to get voice acting. I'm starting to suspect that this process is a lot more difficult in english speaking countries (or way more expensive...), because in a matter of two hours we basically did everything except for getting an exact quote (since they need the complete script for that).

They were really cool with the idea of gay monsters and the manager seemed pretty excited about getting to work on boy's love, ha.

They also offered to deliver the files numbered according to the script, which means that as long as I don't mess up numbering the script itself, they would be ready to put direcly into ren'py.

Something that surpised me was how well connected studios are - since they are dubbing several anime projects, they offered to put me in contact with them if I needed things like an opening (which I'm pretty certain falls outside the budget, but who knows?). They also have a press list and a list of VAs and musicians they work with.

All in all, it was a pretty cool experience.
>>
>>125322407
What studio? Voice acting is something my team has thought a bit about? Something like Bang Zoom or Okatron or is it a smaller one?
>>
>>125388274
Are the voices going to be in Spanish?
>>
>>125388274
Be wary of them raising rates or giving a drastically different quote once work has begun, that's all I'm going to say.
>>
>>125388570

I assume this is for me - it's Pink Noise. They've done pretty big name games (think League of Legends, Warcraft) here in Mexico, and the branch in spain is apparenly quite big too.

>>125388608

Yes. The studio does do voice acting in english, but I have a huge boner for two VAs in particular (Gerardo Reyero and Milton Wolch) who only work in spanish.

>>125389654
The one thing that occurs to me that could raise the prices drastically are the VAs. Other than that, they work by giving a price at the beginning and then breaking it down in smaller payments that are given as assets are delivered. It's also on paper, so once the final price is set it can't be raised.
>>
>>125387852
So what if you had to study for over half a decade for your art? Writers whose only experience is getting A's on high school essays and one creative writing class still deserve pro pay.
>>
>Finished outline
>went back and marked how many cg's/bg's/and sprites will be needed
>Bg's comes out to 34 total

How the FUCK do I lower this? I can't cut out the scenes either.
>>
>>125391379
Combine scenes, move scenes to different locations, or just imply characters are walking.
>>
>>125391379
I'm honestly not sure anon. I've had no trouble ending pretty long games with only 12-15 locations thus far. I think the key is to have a central location where it takes place and not be tempted to add on another bedroom just because you needed one scene in a new bedroom. Just reuse the old asset.
>>
>Gerardo Reyero
...For whom is that voice?
>>
Huh?
>>125391929 For >>125389901
>>
>>125392081
>>125391929
I think they mean who will he be voicing (which character)?
>>
>>125392189
Yeah, that was me but I forgot to quote.
Sorry.
>>
>>125391595
>>125391696
It takes place in different states all across the US, it's sort of an "adventure" so no choice in cutting out the scenes or combining them. They happen in different areas for a (plot) reason. But for two scenes, if they happen at different hotels for example, would people be annoyed if I used the same hotel BG twice?
>>
>>125391929
For Vincent.

Incidentally, I have seen him at cons twice and he's such a shipper. Bless him.
>>
>>125392598
Maybe you shouldn't have decided to make a game about travel if you weren't prepared to have a bunch of different locations drawn.
>>
>>125392598
Ah, I'm in a position that's really similar to yours. Honestly, there's not a whole lot you can do, man. You either need to bite the bullet and pay for new BGs or cut and combine.

I get it, trust me, I do. But it's one of those cases where you don't have a lot of alternatives. I know it sucks, but your VN will turn out better for it.
>>
>>125392598
I think it comes down to your budget, doesn't it? If you have that kind of budget allocated vs not, the latter meaning you need to rethink things. I don't think anyone will care about a reused hotel background. Make it the same hotel franchise if it activates your ocd
>>
>tfw excited to commission sprites but can't do so until the script is done.
I'm so looking forward to seeing them.
Motivation to get writing I guess.
>>
> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikandijapan/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-visual-novel-english

Your evn will never raise as much money as a JVN multiple people report is not good, let alone great, in its first 4 days.
>>
HEY
>>
>>125398025
It's Japanese with moe art and is a bishoujo game, obviously it's going to do well.
>>
>>125398025
You know opinions are subjective, yes?
>>
>>125398438
Except that mine is the right one.
>>
>>125388274
The savior of BL!
>>
File: 64727.jpg (131KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
64727.jpg
131KB, 800x600px
>>
>>125404487

Really hope he's foreign.
>>
>>
>>125388274
>>125402638
Aren't there just 2 BL games in English? Starfighter and NTY? This is supposed to be better than those?
>>
>>125407874

... do you live under a rock? If we take into account jap games too, we have Animamundi, Enzai, Absolute Obedience, NTY!!, Starfighter and Coming Out on Top. There's also BCM coming out soon.

Your mileage may vary on whether ML looks better so far, but there's more than just two BL games.
>>
>>125359757
Soon Anon, we will deliver one in 2.5D with subliminal memes.
>>
>>125408192
For English BL games I'd only count NTY and Starfighter. I didn't know the others had official translations.

BCM doesn't look relationship or sex oriented. Coming Out On Top doesn't seem like BL at all.
>>
>>125388274
How much do you estimate how many words there will be in total? Play time for each route etc? How much do you plan to retail the game for?
>>
>>125408551
Absolute obedience and Enzai were officially translated and are BL as well.
>>
Is it worth it to pay to get into the Sunrider beta?
>>
>>125408913
"No."
>>
>>125408192
You forgot Silver Chaos.
>>
>>125410043
And dmmd and Lamento. Sweet Pool doesn't count.
>>
>>125410043
>>125410227
Fuck, almost forgot, Hadaka Shitsuji as well.
>>
>>125408335
Terrorism route when.
>>
>>125410639
We will have that too. Lots of 9/11 and MLG stuff.
>>
>>125408551
>by randomly deciding not to count at least 50 other games tagged yaoi available in english i declare that there are only 2 BL games in existence
>>
File: 86296.jpg (402KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
86296.jpg
402KB, 1920x1080px
>>125411342
Some of those it would be better NOT to count.
Much, much better.
>>
>>125408551
>sex oriented
Really? He wakes up next to his naked lover
>>
>>125412008
It's described it as a sci fi story about a dysfunctional family. Unless there's incest I doubt it's a sex game.
>>
Missing Top! ~The Silliest Misadventures of Lina, Alleria, and Sylvanas~
>>
>>125412291
Why do you think there just happens to be a cast of strapping young lads who are connected to the main character who is pretty obviously flamboyantly gay?
>>
>>125412291
>Unless there's incest I doubt it's a sex game.
I...what? There's other characters who aren't related. But if you mean, is there graphic 18+ sex, then no, it's trying to get on Steam.
>>
>>125412561
I could be wrong, but it didn't look like there was any sex at all from the trailer.
>>
>>125412926
You know that not having sex doesn't disqualify a game from being BL, right? It's boys love, not boys fuck.
>>
>>125412926
There isn't, it's getting put on steam. But you can date the non-blood related characters. Why would you think a game being marketed as a BL game wouldn't contain relationships?
>>
AAAHHHH somebody talk about something.
>>
>>125392598

Is it possible to have the hotels be a standard chain? Almost all the rooms of a hotel chain could look the same easily.

I also don't think people would get annoyed at that re-use. It's more when a really unique location is described or alluded to, but the art is the exact same.
>>
Forget backgrounds, I need almost 20 CGs for my next game and 20 sprites.
>>
>>125414668
>20 sprites
For what reason?
>>
>>125414668
>I need almost 20 CGs for my next game
That's not _that_ many. It's more than some games but it's not unreasonable...
>and 20 sprites
That's a little unusual, unless you're counting poses and costume changes as separate sprites. Even big-budget Japanese games often don't bother to provide sprites for unimportant characters, Man A gets no face at all.
>>
>>125416330
Most of them are new poses and I have five characters in the main cast. The rest are side characters and antagonists.
>>
Who is nearing completion of their game here?
>>
>>125418017
Me. I've got about two-three months of work left. Now if only I could stop looking at my other projects...
>>
>>125418017
what counts as 'nearing completion'?
>>
>>125418557
Coming out before March of next year.
>>
>>125418653
Well, I'd like to hope that, but it depends on whether Konett will ever hurry up
>>
>>125418706
You can't wait 2 weeks?
>>
>>125418864
A month per image drags on a long, long time.
>>
>>125419273
A cg or a bg? Were you told that there was going to be a month long wait?
>>
>>125418017

Me! However, it's an extremely short project. The artist also has a thing for black and white so we're running with it.

It's a heist story in a fantasy setting. We have a a con man who oozes with sleaze (some call it charm), a wizard pyrotechnician who dabbles in the art of surliness, and a bright-eyed fox-eared safe-cracker who's something of a sniping sass-master. Together, they rob nobles!
>>
>>125419591
What's the name of your game so I can check it out when it comes out?
>>
>>125419591
do they fug
>>
Damn how many people are going to release their game in feb-march..?
>>
>>125419924
Nobody, because nobody here ever finished a game.
>>
File: 84377.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
84377.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
Jvn>Evn
>>
>>125419743
Untitled currently my good sir! However, expect a play of words on locks and keys.

>>125419770
No! But if people like it, they will draw porn of it, so you can see all kinds of wonderful pornography! They don't need to fug for you to see them fug!

If people like it, I'd love to make a sequel!

Here's character bios! Mock me to your heart's content, but do keep in mind this document is not about showcasing my technical writing, it's about character planning!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/116uribR_gCua5o5fNHiB6sEnUSnBhEUAlLmkf3OH8tk/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>125421582

I was hoping for damning faint praise or scathing criticisms pointing out my random capitalization of guild/Guild. But to get nothing back hurts more. You guys are really mean.
>>
>>125424418
It's the dead hour, mate. The thread will be nothing but bumps and an occasional shitpost until the burgers start waking up.
And it's not that unusual to get zero replies on 4kek.
>>
>>125426915
Can you at least look through it and yell at me? I'm up late writing and organizing project stuff, so I could use some feedback!
>>
>>125427195
Not enough waifus.
>>
WAKE UP
>>
Multicultural shit post incoming. Allahu Akbar my fellow refugees.
>>
>>125429092
Begone Euroscum!
>>
File: edit.png (418KB, 600x559px) Image search: [Google]
edit.png
418KB, 600x559px
>>125325175
>>125354385
It's not that similar to the picture, but my blog is shwippie.tumblr.com

>>125325717
>>125352843
Thanks so much for the critique. I tried to fix the pose, arms, etc. I feel like it lost something the original had, but are there still things that look off?

>>125326623
Wow, that's a million times better. How did you make it look so smooth- Did you use sai? Do you have a blog?

>>125345703
I WISH I could shade like that. Thanks for introducing me to this artist.
>>
>>125429376
Face it, Islam will conquer Western Europe. They won't conquer Eastern Europe unless the Jews do something about them.

Thank you based Poland.
>>
>>125429387
Cute art. Are you making a visual novel?
>>
>>125429918
No, I'm the only burg that's ever awake at this hour. You are an impostor.
>>
>>125429892
Thanks! Yes, two (dumb idea). One is very close to complete, but it's stuck at 90%. I don't think either will see daylight soon.
>>
File: _wm2.jpg (625KB, 2573x1925px) Image search: [Google]
_wm2.jpg
625KB, 2573x1925px
>>125429092
Takbir.

>>125429387
Looks better.
also, I want that boy in purple from the bottom of your last blog post :3
>>
>>125430924
Allahu Akbar!
>>
>draw guidelines
>use naked underlayer
>still hard to get the second pose change on model with the first

How the hell do others do it
>>
>>125433081
they simply git gud
>>
>>125428643
No. I'm going back to bed, and the rest of the day can go on without me. You do my dev stuff, okay?
>>
>>125429387
Only thing I'd point out is the breast and the lower body almost blends together. You could add a darker shade in the underboobs to separate them out. Those are cute eyes btw.

> Did you use sai?
Yes, I used the default hard round brush (for painting) and the watercol brush (for blending/smoothing).

> Do you have a blog?
I do but I haven't posted anything in a long time.
>>
>>125440338
Come back to bed, hun.
>>
>>125442474
Go back to work, bud.
>>
Go migrate, brothers and sisters.
>>
>>125429387
I like your art, it's very cute. Please consider using pages instead of infinite scroll.
>>
bumb :DDD
>>
Does anyone in the EVN scene do pixel sprites?
>>
>>125429387
Are you as cute as your drawings, anon?
pls respond
>>
More creepy EVNs
>>
>>125451313
nomnomnami is working on some kind of pixel vn i think
>>
>>125451313
If you're looking for a pixel artist there are many dedicated pixelart forums, you might want to go there rather than looking for people in the EVN scene
>>
File: tumblr_nynauwoptY1thrnzwo1_1280.png (844KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nynauwoptY1thrnzwo1_1280.png
844KB, 1024x576px
>>
File: VincentNewExp-1.png (266KB, 1517x784px) Image search: [Google]
VincentNewExp-1.png
266KB, 1517x784px
Everyone got a couple of expressions more, and Sebastian got another pose. When this batch is colored, the sprites will be done.
>>
>>125467564
Is the demo still coming soon?
>>
>>125467791
Yeah, before the end of the month. If nothing else happens that requires my attention it will be out before next week.
>>
File: 1449962794533.jpg (107KB, 1040x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1449962794533.jpg
107KB, 1040x1055px
>I already broke up with Riho
What the fuck nigga. There were at least million ways to save the relationship. Why is MC in this game so FUCKING DUMB. Jesus christ I was expecting ending be something like ´´I will help you get the money back from now on we will be together forever´´ or something like that, game ending with them marrying. Just what the fuck nigger.
I´M SO MAD
>>
time to send my artist another $500!
>>
>>125469156
nevermind
Kept on reading and they got back together. He even said in the end ´´we will be together forever´´ lol. Got me worried for a second there
>>
File: Z2LqUc1.jpg (46KB, 427x720px) Image search: [Google]
Z2LqUc1.jpg
46KB, 427x720px
>>125471880
man, I gotta work on my 'folio
>>
>>125472967
They even fucking married in the end. So my dream ending came true after all
>>
>>125430924
I wish I could tell you his name. I think it's some musician.

>>125440358
Thanks mystery artist! I'll be sure to go back and do that.

>>125445162
Disabled endless scroll. I didn't know it was bothersome. Good thing you told me!

>>125454484
I'm responding! But I don't know what to say
>>
>>125469156
>>125472967
>>125473443
You're in the wrong thread, friend.
>>
>>125473891

He's not our friend, pal.
>>
>>125474783
Don't tell me what to do, buddy.
>>
>>125475358
ol' buddy ol' pal ol' friend ol' friend
>>
>>125473891
I´ m pretty sure I played koisuru natsu no last resort which is visual novel

check mate
>>
I can't figure out how to end my story at all. I don't want to have only a super miserable ending, but if I put in a good ending it'll seem half-assed and unrealistic. Writing is hard.
>>
>>125476234
This is /evn/ for visual novels that originated in languages other than Japanese. You want plain old /vn/
>>
>>125476280
give it a happy ending, with a last minute twist that reveals the happy ending is all a dream and actually you're dead
>>
>>125476839
That's still miserable.
>>
>>125478336
no, no, it's bittersweet
>>
How exactly are "R18 patches" made?
>>
>>125479697
Depends on the game. Are you asking because you're trying to figure out how to hack something, or are you wanting to write one for your own game?
>>
File: 77811.jpg (156KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
77811.jpg
156KB, 800x600px
>>
>>125479815
Do one for my game.
>>
Post progress...
>>
>>125482752
Do you intend to try and sell the 18+ version separately? Do you want to make it at all difficult for people to access the 'naughty' content?

The lazy approach if you don't care but are just trying to block out kids from buying it accidentally - you could code everything to skip over the naughty parts if a particular variable is not set (defaulting 0). You can then easily allow people to enable the H content by
- changing that variable in the debugger, if you leave it active
- downloading an RPY file that causes the variable to be set
- checking for the existence of a file and turning on H if it's there
>>
mump
>>
>>125490294
What the fuck did you just call me?
>>
Why is fantasy clothing so hard to design? I'm dying here.
>>
If an evn was to have multiple languages as a tier on a kickstarter, what should the language translations be in order of "most wanted"?
>>
>>125492753

spanish > french > german > everything else
>>
> http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=36103
> "I usually prefer industry standard. (On average $40-50/hr or 20¢-25¢/word.)"
>Doesn't like to self edit
>only writing reference is queen at arms

Anyone who played that game that can attest for it being worth 22c per word? My sides are about to launch into orbit.
>>
File: clothing.png (2MB, 1100x1358px) Image search: [Google]
clothing.png
2MB, 1100x1358px
>>125492197

Look at runway clothing. A lot of it has a fantasy feel.

>>125494039

It was nothing special. Decent at best, definitely not work 20¢ per word.
>>
>>125421582
I genuinely like your use of exclamation points in your posts. Makes me feel excited!

I'll take a look at your doc later tonight.
>>
>>125494039
If it were, you would have already known.

That's hilarious. I didn't think it could get more deluded than Jiro, yet here we are.
>>
>>125494571
Yeah katta brings up a great point did the queen at arms people really pay her that much? I mean i get that even i can slap a $500 pricetag on a stick figure CG but all i'd get is making an ass of myself.
>>
>>125473818
Not the anon that asked you disable endless scrolling, but I'm going to thank you for disabling it too!

It absolutely wrecks my slow ass internet and I like going to the END of people's blogs if I enjoy them and infinite scrolling makes me lose my place when it inevitably crashes.
>>
>>125494039
As has been repeatedly pointed out here, 20c a word is NOT industry standard.

It's bizarre that we have talented people working for way UNDER industry standard in art, and complete idiots trying to work for way OVER industry standard in writing
>>
>>125495214
>did the queen at arms people really pay her that much?
The post actually says she wrote part of the DEMO, not wrote the game, and that she works for lesser rates when people can't pay her.
>>
>>125494039

I think that self-editing is painful and slow, so I agree with her on that point. Self-editing is an inferior solution and a bad idea most of the time. Having an editor to bust your chops is a huge asset. Even having a layperson who does not write look over the script is better than self-editing.

Looking through the screenshots, I think her writing is best described as functional. This is not a bad thing, after all, she has successfully written a visual novel. She has proven she can execute on projects and that does count for something, especially because so many projects just burn out on their own.

She seems open to negotiation as well and while I think her prices are high, remember that they represent her first offer, not her final price point. I think writers are very afraid of getting taken advantage of, so it makes sense for her to have a big ask.

Writing is the bulk of the work on a visual novel.
>>
>>125499116
>I think writers are very afraid of getting taken advantage of, so it makes sense for her to have a big ask.

it's fine for her to ask for a high rate but I object to people lying in the hopes of misleading clients.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?2301-What-s-a-Freelance-RPG-Writer-Worth#.VnCuyVUrLbg

Here's some 2015 data on industry pay rates from established big companies, not tiny indies.
>>
>>125499116
You still have to find and pay for an editor on top of her ludicrous asking price. Not doing self-editing also opens up to turning in sub-par work thinking someone else will pick up the pace later.

>so it makes sense for her to have a big ask.
No it doesn't.

>Writing is the bulk of the work on a visual novel.

- someone who has never drawn or programmed.
>>
>>125499668

It's worth pointing out that many of the people of that list offer royalties, which is where the real $$$ can come from for an author.
>>
>>125494039
She's been writing for twenty years and gets paid industry rates but all she's got to show for is a couple EVNs?
>>
>>125501273
Of course she's been writing for twenty years. She learned to write in kindergarten!
>>
>>125492753
I'd include Russian. There's a rather large Russian scene.
>>
>>125503153

Yeah, but can russians really afford vns? I was under the impression that russian economy wasn't so hot right now.
>>
>>125502801
Her age is 31, so she's been counting from age 11. What a cuntflap.
>>
>>125503393
They buy them if you sell them at slash-price russian steam rates, or you can F2P them or something
>>
>>125471880
For what exactly?
>>
>>125418017
I am, granted it's more a polished rerelease than a new game.
>>
>>125506607
4 cgs.
>>
>>125500084

I agree with you that her price is probably too high. I think if she works in the writing industry, she is probably comparing it to her alternative writing income, likely ad-copy since it's a match for her rate. Ad Copywriters actually have a higher average salary than graphic designers, when they are salaried (58k vs 46k national average).

The downside is that Ad Copywriting is a miserable activity that degrades the human spirit.

So, when she says industry standard, I think she's comparing it to "the industry of writing" rather than "the industry of VN writing". Let's face it, our industry standard is one ramen brick per hour and a flavor packet the next hour if we get enough done. Hopefully the market improves and the medium becomes more valued-- until that one fine day comes, I'll work another hour for the water.
>>
>>125507816
She's a blatant liar, you're being too generous.
>>
>>125508537

Okay, maybe I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt a bit too much.

Regardless, I've spent all day writing and I feel entirely fried. And I do not have nearly as much output as I would like to show for it. I think I can get everything finished by Friday.
>>
File: 13065.jpg (136KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
13065.jpg
136KB, 800x600px
>>
>>125515992

This looks pleasant.
>>
I WANNA GIVE YA BETTA~
>>
>>125494039
Not a native speaker, but is that last pic of the "Queen at Arms" page she linked is properly grammar'd?

>When he touched me, a sharp jolt of electricity hit my bones

Shouldn't that be "hits"?
>>
>>125521176
Past tense.
>>
>>125521176
Why do ESLs try to "fix" mistakes?
>>
>>125515992
This one's going in the right direction, nice.
>>
>>125521995
That's an old game that's already out.
>>
>>125521878
I don't think they're trying to fix it. If you think something's incorrect and you're learning English, it's worth asking about since this is such a fucking weird language. By saying what you think it should be, whoever responds can better explain why that's correct/incorrect.
>>
>>125522191
bergele :DD :D
>>
Tell me to stop playing KanColle and get my ass to work on my game approximately 11 hours from now. Thanks , anon.
>>
>>125522481
Russian writer here, today's English is a piss easy language to learn.

>>125523251
Stop playing faggy anime games and get working right now, anon.
And post your boatfu
>>
>>125524069
I'm actually doing my day job right now. Getting paid 7 USD a day. Wew.
>>
>>125524069
For you maybe. I know a lot of ESL people that talk about how fucking confusing this language can be. I'm glad it was easy for you though! I admire bilingual people.

Nonetheless, talking about potential grammatical errors is a good way to learn.
>>
>>125524431
>7 usd
wew indeed
Part-timing at a burger joint?
>>
>>125525070
I'm a third-worlder working for a BPO company. And no, I am not Indian... but my bosses are.
>>
>>125521176

The sentence itself is definitely awkward.

Actually, that was the one sentence that I looked at and took issue with-- it's not particularly well written or as descriptive as it could be, especially if you've actually been shocked before or felt electricity.

Your muscles are what react to it the most and what stands out when you get shocked. It's the feeling on your skin and muscles, the involuntary convulsions, etc. I think those cartoon images of skeletons when people get electrocuted may have some influence here.

If you're going to make this metaphor, I would probably replace hit.

When he touched me, a sharp bolt of electricity coursed through my bones.
When he touched me, a sharp bolt of electricity raced through my bones.
When he touched me, a sharp bolt of electricity ran through my bones.
When he touched me, a sharp bolt of electricity jolted through my bones.

These replacements recognize electricity's nature, in that it is something that "flows" through things. Electricity shocks, it does not hit.
>>
Everyone went to bed early today
>>
>>125531417
I'm awake.

Wanna talk about girls?
>>
>>125531417
>Everyone went to bed
together?
>>
>>125531417
I am here, but I am writing. Sorry.
>>
>>125531417
Why was I not invited?!
>>
>>125532470
Don't fret. You're invited to the Up All Night /evn/ Slumber Party instead.
>>
Did anybody actually accomplish anything today?
>>
>>125533181
I paid an artist and gave them directions, that's doing something, right?
>>
>>125531585
We talk about ourselves all the time already, sis.
>>
>>125533181
I did all sorts of things split between three games. Not sure why I did this to myself but it's too late now
>>
Someone please gossip about their dev or teammate crushes
>>
>>125539753
Is it a crush if we're already fucking?
>>
>>125539942
who are you? out with it now boy!
>>
>>125539753
i'm pretty sure my writer feels something similar for me as i do for him, but it's super hard to make a move because we work on the same team
i secretely hope he reads this and by some miracle understands it's about him ;_;
>>
>need to go to work in 3 hours
>in a good groove with my game

The horror
>>
>>125541008

> Wrote long scene, accidentally lost all progress.
> Rewrote it. Know that it wasn't as good as what it replaced.
> Internal debate over whether it was just nostalgia or whether I really was better the first time around.
>>
Night night.
>>
What the fuck is Tao ranting about on twitter? I can't follow his train of though at all.
>>
>>125544483
Just being insecure and passive-agressive in public.

Yes, again.
>>
A B C D A L L A H U A K B A R
>>
>>125540891
You're a man aren't you.
>>
>>125545823
If I had to guess, it's just a troll trying to get people to confess to their teammates and make things awkward.
>>
>>125546485
I love you.
>>
>>125545823
I'm a dog, man. Tell no one.
>>
>reading stream reviews of various evn
>lack of choices is complained about a lot
>my game only has 5 choices
Welp, time to go back and add in some arbitrary, meaningless choices to please the masses!
>>
Gotta get ready for work in 30 minutes... heat up my car and defrost my windshield... plow the driveway a bit... i just want to stay in my warm room and dev why
>>
>>125547320
I don't know if I love anyone anymore or if I'm just lonely.
>>
>>125548956
It couldn't hurt to try. I won't hurt you. I only want to love you.
>>
>>125548956
Remember not to do stupid and brash shit in the name of love.
>>
>>125527545
how can you feel electricity in your bones when you can't actually feel anything with them? Did they had that cartoony representation of an electric shock (when the skeleton becomes visible for a moment) in mind?
>>
shit we ded
>>
>>125551521

>What is a metaphor
>>
>>125551521
Reminder that bones are damn sensitive. You don't have to damage them do feel it, just have a bad fall on your back so that the ribs take the impact. The pain can and will block your breath.
>>
>>125559463

But isn't that caused by the nerves, not the bones themselves?
>>
>>125559672
Every feeling is caused by nerves. If we use this kind of logic, then there's no way to feel electricity, or any foreign intrusion for that matter, in your entire body.
>>
>>125558932
well it's a shit metaphor
>>
>>125560362

"They cavorted in the grass like grass snakes, Harry thought the fillings of his teeth would melt."

"But guys, his fillings wouldn't literally melt by kissing a girl, that's stupid. The author clearly doesn't have any fillings or knowledge of dentistry."

I had a filling once, after I experimented to see what would happen if you didn't brush your teeth for a year. It turns out this leads to excruciating pain which made me want to punch myself in the face for four days.When I finally saw the dentist, after screaming racial obscenities in the waiting room so he'd see me faster, he said I needed the filling. I said he needed to get laid, and fistbumped myself because it was a sick burn. I asked him to fistbump me too, but he said no.
>>
File: 1450275743281.jpg (352KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450275743281.jpg
352KB, 1280x720px
https://a.uguu.se/hmzajo.mp4

When will this tech be used in EVNs?
>>
>>125561242

never because it looks like shit, same as Live2D and Emofuri.
>>
>>125561330

Aren't people using Live2D?
>>
>>125561543

Yes, and it looks terrible.
>>
>>125560930
But did you get the crabs?
>>
>>125561330
But now you can get weeb voice acting for free

https://u.pomf.io/edwqta.mp4
>>
File: isthispodracing.jpg (44KB, 447x532px) Image search: [Google]
isthispodracing.jpg
44KB, 447x532px
>>125560930
>>
>>125548327
Don't let your project become Sunset, anon.
>>
>>125561330
The main issue I have with Live2D and e-mote is the idle/breathing animation people do with it. It's like the characters are swaying on their feet or moving erratically.

I like its use in Witch's Garden a lot, though.
https://youtu.be/I9DUrWZ0F44?t=661
>>
>>125562741

Looks okay. The hair doesn't quite feel natural.

Also: holy hell all those assets. The things I could do with a JVN budget.
>>
>>125562741

While this is much better, the fact that the flaps aren't quite synched with the voice overs is really noticeable at points.
>>
>>125562741

The best use for it is transitioning between fixed expressions/poses in a cool way. and getting a good blink animation that doesn't look weird.
>>
>>125563860

I don't know how necessary blinks are for immersion anyway. The transitions are uneniably neat, though.
>>
is /evn/ dying because it's christmas?
>>
>>125569139
Yes.
>>
>>125569139
How are we dying? We've maxed out 80% of the threads for almost the full year.
>>
>>125561330
Don't blame the tools for people being incapable of utilizing them properly.
>>
>>125574545
I guess 'dying' is a strong word. It's just slow lately is all. Just wondering what's keeping everyone busy.
>>
>get newest background email
>literally yell "holy shiiit" when I see the final image

I half want to out myself to posting here just so I can show people who understand the beauty of VN background

I also like to open up my folder and stare at them all randomly throughout the day. Is that weird?
>>
>>125575168
show us the pic, f am
>>
>>125575168
I'm getting sick of you.
>>
>>125575381
Too bad i'm here to stay
>>
>>125562005
We've been having a good discussion on Sunset over on Something Awful LP. Everyone keeps coming up with a thousand ways the game could have not sucked if the developers hadn't been so up their own asses. Worth a look if you have artistic inclinations in that direction.
>>
>>125576358
At least post some of the backgrounds instead of just how much you've creamed your undies.
>>
>>125575168

Post pics or please stop talking about them. I do not want to hear about your fictional assets. None of us do and it is shit posting to talk about all of the images that you have, on an image board, but not post anything to actually look at.

If they are real, show them to us, it is not going to harm your release if we have seen some backgrounds, some characters, or something to actually discuss. It can only help.

Please just lurk if you aren't going to post something that can actually be discussed or appreciated.

>>125574545

Ignore the "dying" guys, we've consistently reached bump limit and around 100 unique IPs for the last few threads. Several people seem to be proceeding pretty nicely.

---

Anyone have a good place to get Creative Commons music?
>>
>>125576659
Link? I read an article on that game and had some hefty lols. Wouldn't mind if there was more to be had
>>
>>125576919

>Post pics so I can either ignore them or trash talk it, because I'm certainly not going to be constructive.

People don't post progress here simply because of people doing that sort of shit any time someone posts something.
>>
>>125576919
>it is shit posting

Pulling that card on /evn/ is pretty pathetic desu.
>>
>>125576993
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754572
>>
>>125577119
Earlier in this very thread we have constructive feedback, compliments, and suggestions.
>>
>>125577391
But then we also have a couple of really salty anons.
>>
>>125578941
I'd rather read a bunch of salty anons arguing with each other than some bellend wanking him/herself off in here because they have no friends/teammates to annoy.
>>
>>125579698
I already annoyed them about it
>>
>>125580064
Might as well kill yourself then, really
>>
>>125579698
Oh, honey, I'm capable of annoying my teammates and you as well.
>>
File: 1445245721390.png (611KB, 720x603px) Image search: [Google]
1445245721390.png
611KB, 720x603px
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sY38bRa-mQ
>a (not so) small studio makes a joke VN for April Fools and its sequel
>it's still better than anything you'll ever can accomlish
>>
>>125577391

This. We have plenty of examples in this thread and in the last thread of good criticism, help being given, and even corrections being drawn.

>>125580515

This also. At the very least, either get a trip code so you can be filtered or just lurk until you feel like showing us something.
>>
I'll lay off on the backgrounds... until I get the next one.
>>
File: 46908.jpg (76KB, 700x461px) Image search: [Google]
46908.jpg
76KB, 700x461px
>>
>>125562741
call me a dirty pleb, but I kinds like it. It would be pretty annoying in a longer game though.
>>
shit posting bump
>>
File: 64894.jpg (192KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
64894.jpg
192KB, 800x600px
>>
>>125592193
Reminder that puns aren't funny, even in shitty parody games
>>
>>125592257
Puns are always funny. Get out!
>>
>>125575168
I am 3 hours late, but I'm still going to tell you to fuck off. Fuck off.
>>
>>125592257
> not basing your entire game on a pun
>>
>>125578941
Grow a thicker skin.
>>
>>125594108
>not basing your entire game on a homophobic pun for controversy
>>
>>125594638

> not basing it on an accidental transphobic
>>
>>125581424
>>a (not so) small studio

moa made Hatoful and Holiday Star by herself originally.
>>
>>125581424

I resent hatoful for starting all the ironic vns.
>>
>>125597129

I don't think Hatoful really started the trend, but it did popularize it. Trouble is, most of the people following the "trend" don't understand what made Hatoful so great wasn't the lol-you-can-date-pigeons aspect but the story and how earnestly it utilized a ridiculous premise.
>>
>>125597129
Hatoful is a bait and switch more than anything.
>>
>>125597664

This.

I think people took away the wrong things from it or misunderstood why it was successful so they think they can just insert some animals, a bit of irony, and have a hit.

I think caution always has to be used during any attempt to write oddball premises. And they absolutely should not be tried until you have some experience working with normal premises and proving you can do one of those.
>>
>>125598739
>I think caution always has to be used during any attempt to write oddball premises. And they absolutely should not be tried until you have some experience working with normal premises and proving you can do one of those.
You're taking this a bit too seriously, I think.
>>
>>125598739
>I think caution always has to be used during any attempt to write oddball premises.
I SEE HER IN ALPACA
>>
File: YnQvJe.png (571KB, 793x596px) Image search: [Google]
YnQvJe.png
571KB, 793x596px
>>
>>125600571
>break_chance_memento.png
>>
Wait, wasn't Break chance memento supposed to come out today? Anybody play it?
>>
>>125600571

I'd like to at least give it a read, if it ever comes out. I'm surprised they spent years on it.
>>
>>125601110
>paying $20 for an aborted fetus dug out of its grave and given a makeover
>>
>>125601110
Who the fuck would want to play a BL game?
>>
>>125602354
Girls, bisexual or homosexual men, or heterosexual men open to alternative lifestyle choices.
>>
>>125602354
People capable of reading fiction that isn't solely about their own personal Gary Stu
>>
>>125602354
> say this is a general with a significant amout of girls
> say this when of the games that posts progress most often is BL

it would be more accurate to ask "who the fuck would want to play BCM?"
>>
>>125602354
Apparently from their twitter, they say that the BL is completely avoidable. A BL where you don't even have to be gay! Amazing!
>>
>>125603298
Kind of common with EVN, lots of the yuri games or routes let you duck out of being gay too
>>
>>125603814
What the fuck is the point? Do they honestly believe that a bunch of straight men are going to play their game? When people do that, they just seem like major pussies. Commit to your original theme, for fucks sake
>>
>>125603814
>>125604690

I agree, it feels like it missed the point. Also, if it's being marketed as a BL...
>>
>>125603187
We'll see once they get on Steam and Steamspy stats are available. My guess is a fair few people.
>>
>>125602232
$15 if you buy it in the first 24 hours.
>>
New bread when
>>
>>125604690
There are people who express queasiness at being 'forced to be gay' and might grudgingly play the game 'for the story/gameplay' if the romance is optional. Whether it's actually worthwhile is hard to measure, though.
>>
>>125605793
>'forced to be gay'
new subject?
>>
>>125603298
>the BL is completely avoidable
Considering that you start the game in bed with your admittedly soon-to-be-ex boyfriend, I don't see how the BL can be _completely_ avoidable. You're an acknowledged slut regardless of what you do in the game.
>>
>>125605793

If they had any problem with being gay, they wouldn't be playing a BL title to begin with.
>>
>>125606506
Again. Some people hear about a game having a good story or good gameplay, but are unwilling to play it if they have to be gay. Offering a non-gay option is an attempt to let those players in.
>>
>>125605793
Did they say that they made it optional for that reason? Lorelei was having a fit about people requesting that the gay routes be removed from CDC some time ago.
>>
>>125606015
I can't see that man's nipples. I find it disturbing.
>>
>>125606871
I have no idea, I'm just hypothesizing. A lot of games are more hesitant on their gay routes than their het ones.

Look at Aoi Shiro. It's a yuri game but it hedges its bets so desperately that you can barely call any of the routes anything more than friendship.

Also, we need a new thread if we want to keep talking gay.
>>
>>125607212
Maybe it's to tempt you to push his shirt the rest of the way open?
>>
>>125607580
His chest looks vacuformed, I'm not tempted at all!
>>
new thread

>>125607915
>>125607915
>>125607915
>>
>>125539753
I would honestly bang most of my team if they were interested in that and emotions weren't involved.
Thread posts: 764
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.