[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>[1. General][Anon]: LF1M WC NEED TANK >[1. General][Keknoob]:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: WorldMap-Barrens-old.jpg (143KB, 1002x668px) Image search: [Google]
WorldMap-Barrens-old.jpg
143KB, 1002x668px
>[1. General][Anon]: LF1M WC NEED TANK
>[1. General][Keknoob]: Chuck Norris can solo WC at lvl 1
>[3. Local Defense] The Crossroads is under attack!
>[1. General][Scrub]: Where is mankirk's wife?
>>
i fucking miss barrens chat, shitting up trade just isn't as fun
>>
what class did you play lads?
>>
>>390186123
>private server edition
>[1. General][Faggot]: Naxx was wotlk
>[1. General][Retard]:No it wasn't Faggot.
>hour-long argument about when Naxxramas was introduced to the game.
>>
>>390186363
Tauren Enhancement Shaman. Never betrayed the spec, also never raided because of it. 1 shotting everyone with my Unstoppable Force was blissful.
>>
>>390186363
frost mage, trolling warriors and combat rogues in vanilla was fun.
>>
>>390186552
As much as I enjoyed nost, private servers will never be the same, vanilla was a product of it's time

Now you go on and people are reserving loot, following BiS guides and everyone's keybinded and engineered up to their teeth in PvP

it's just not the same as when Tier 0 was seen as pre-raid BiS and people keyboard turned
>>
>>390186636
based

READY STEADY GO
>>
>>390186123
Watch this video guys, pure nostalgia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6H2Zctz3-M
>>
>strongly considering dropping ffxiv and rolling on elysium
>have absolutley no friends to play with
>didn't play Vanilla so don't know shit

It's a stupid idea right
>>
>>390188230
Do it for the experience, by the way vanilla plays you'll make a pal or two in the first 20 levels

Get to 60, then decide if you want to do end game or not, it's a hell of a ride ,especially if it's your first time
>>
>did someone say [Grizzly Belt]????
>>
>>390188479
i'm just worried that i'll be doing really dumb detrimental shit due to not knowing stuff - like i hear theres spells you're not supposed to upgrade and certain zones which you should just not level in and so on so forth

which would be fine i guess in vanilla since everyone was shit but considering the players are generally going to be real comitted vanilla players i'll be a huge detriment to others
>>
>>390188864
There's plenty of guides out there, most instances are straight forward(i.e no real tactics)

There will always be dicks, but if you explain to people that you're new and would like help most people will be chill about stuff

don't read/watch too much though, it'll spoil that "new world" feel
>>
i would like to play vanilla but i cant be botherd to grind 10 levels
>>
>>390188864
Doing dumb shit comes with the game. Also, if you download the client on elysium you wanna get some addons like Questie, Atlas, onebag, etc but you also wanna get Improved error frame because all the addons will cause errors to pop up. They will seriously help you out.
>>
>>390188864
>spells you're not supposed to upgrade
what
>>
>>390188864
>i'm just worried that i'll be doing really dumb detrimental shit
that's the fun of it though
knowing everything and minmaxing it is boring as fuck and turns the game into a checklist
go into it blind, it's the only worthwhile experience from the game
>>
>>390190174

Money is an issue when leveling on a vanilla server which is why a lot of people don't upgrade every single skill/spell, just the ones they absolutely need for leveling.
>>
>>390186123
Mankrik is probably my favorite character in WoW
>Fuck that gay collection quest shit, go kill those fucking niggers
>>
>>390186326
I remember in vanilla I stayed in the Barrens from level 11 to level 31 just because I loved the chat so much. I spent so much time grinding quilboars and chatting. My buddies and I would troll barrens chat and just go up and down those quillboar camps all fucking evening. I remember we got tons of greens and blues doing that too and were able to afford our mounts as soon as we hit 40.
>>
>>390190339
Oh okay for a sec I though vanilla had spells where the higher tier was somehow worse.
>>
>>390188230
Don't play on Elysium, they've gone full censorship ever since the drama. Literally worse than Feenix was.
>>
>>390188230

Playing on Chinklysium is a stupid idea, yes.
>>
>>390190819
>>390191027
is kronos still going
>>
>>390190474
This is actually true, I know of at least one case with Holy Paladins where its better to cast a lower level healing spell due to the high mana cost of the max level spell, so as to conserve mana and maintain flexible healing.
>>
>>390186363
UD mage named gazpacho
>>
>>390186363
Undead Arms Warrior.
>>
>>390191186
Kronos is dying.
>>
>>390190819
>>390191027
regardless of politics, elysium is by far the most populated server, unless you want to play on a dead server, you're playing on elysium, simple as, unfortunately
>>
>>390186363
UD Warrior for 2mo, rerolled on another server as a NE Priest.
>>
>>390186363
Hu rogue
>>
>>390187840
how do i upvote on 4chan
>>
>>390191323
is dying better than the state elysium is in though
>>
>>390188864
In old WoW you get to keep each rank of your spells (why did they ever remove this?) so don't worry about skipping upgrades unless you want to save the cash
>>
>>390191778
No. On Elysium you'll at least encounter people playing the game, barrens is still overpopulated, general chats and what not are always popping. Granted there is the issue of the chinks and Russians, but it's not as apparent as this board will make it be.

Compared to Kronos, where literally nobody fucking plays.
>>
>>390191384
>the most populated server

That doesn't mean shit when over 50% of the pop are Chink gold/honor farmers.
>>
>be level 30 warrior

>nost/ely
>lvl 30 warr tank LFG

instant invite, 5+ whispers

>kronos
>lvl 30 tank LFG
>...
>>
>>390191384
>>390190819
>>390188230

Ask an ex-senior GM anything
>>
>>390192509
Are you one of the known bot/hack authors?
>>
Vanilla Barrens chat:
>Friendly chatter
>Reasonably active
TBC Barrens chat:
>Mostly just the occasional LFG/LFM
>Barely active
Wrath:
>Dead
Vanilla private servers Barrens Chat:
>Political baiting and shitposting
>People replying seriously to the shitty political bait
>Shitposting
>Barely anything WoW related
>Oversaturated
>>
>>390192136
20 bread for 5g kk?
>>
>>390191528
+1
>>
>>390186363
Gnome Hunter, but that's technically every class.
>>
>>390192236
no one is leveling in kronos what do you expect?
>>
>>390192720

No, I left with the other head GMs after our team was kept in the dark a second time around after the rumours popped off.

Shenna and that other Slav were pocketing 'donation' money and kept telling lies, sweet little lies.

Left around the spring, the GM team are actually worked like animals for little to no restitution whilst the higher ups buy massive blocks of unbans for chinks.

Plus we had that little faggot who gave himself items, got booted. Renamed himself, gave himself items again, got booted, Renamed himself and still got accepted a third time although we all proved it was the same dude.
>>
>>390193078
>Vanilla private servers Barrens Chat:
that's basically any mmo nowadays with a considerable american population
>>
>>390193957
did you ever sell loot? there was constant allegations but were any of them true?
>>
>>390193078
>Vanilla Barrens chat:
>>Friendly chatter
barrens was the one zone where the chat WASN'T friendly, unless you're talking about alliance side.
>>
>>390186123
>mankirk
+1 for authenticity
>>
File: worldofniggers.png (153KB, 527x300px) Image search: [Google]
worldofniggers.png
153KB, 527x300px
i remember when WoW was filtered and autobanned and pic related was a sticky.
>>
>WoW now has been longer post-Cata than before
>>
>>390186363
dwarf hunter
>>
>>390188229
Good video. Barrens definitely had a "this is shit, but we're in the shit together" feel. That said, I loved to explore all the nooks and crannies. Ratchet was one of my favourite haunts since I loved the idea of a tiny neutral town.

The video also reminded me of journeying to the opposite continent when a low level. I made my way over the Goldshire as a level 10 NElf and fucking hell was it a tough trip. I don't know if it was the only way but I went through the Barrens to Ratchet, over to Booty Bay then up through Stranglethorn. Long and filled with gankers/high level NPCs. I loved it.
>>
>>390186363

100% Resto Druid
>>
>>390194256

No, nor did any of the team (when I was there).

It was really hard to get away with anything, even as a Senior GM you were being watched and tracked.

Nightmare and less so that other Swedish guy held shit together and kept a vigilant watch on the logs and were generally good GMs, been in the game for a long time.

I on the other hand drifted in and out of several GM spots over the past decade. I was a part of a Spanish/English BC server and the owner was legitimately creating new named items for donators.

It was the wild west back then and no one really gave much of a fuck, but that's because retail was only up to WoTLK to that point and then it all changed.

I'll spare the history lesson, but Elysium was the tightest run ship of the lot and in no small part to the Head GMs. The divisions like Bug testers/Quality Control and Forum GMs were kept separate from us, and although there was no ontoward rivalry the main GM team were the most efficient to the point of fixing everyone elses fuck ups.

Especially when that BOT designer 'accidentally' deleted part of core and fucked up instance teleports.

I spent many hours of each day standing inside end level portal points just TPing players out.
>>
>>390186363
Tauren rage-spec warrior.
Used claws.
>>
>>390190412
Fucking hell. Your tale brought tears to my eyes.
>>
File: 1324564249428.jpg (100KB, 680x765px) Image search: [Google]
1324564249428.jpg
100KB, 680x765px
>>390186363
Druid
I leveled to 40 playing a healing druid.
Pure self-torture in retrospective but everything was so new and I loved the game so much that I didn't care how long it takes to kill anything.
>>
>>390195314
>Especially when that BOT designer 'accidentally' deleted part of core and fucked up instance teleports.
lmao was that Zzuk? I know he did that on ED.
>>
File: brd.jpg (141KB, 969x610px) Image search: [Google]
brd.jpg
141KB, 969x610px
>>390195314

Can you give me a quick rundown on the drama? There was so much shilling from both sides that I never really understood what happened.
>>
>>390193957
I remember Crestfall staff teaming up with Ely in which they were planning this new "Legacy Network" and it lasted less than two weeks because of the Shenna fiasco
>>
ding
>>
>ywn have summer vacation again and play wow till 8am in the morning with your 4 buddies then fall asleep,wake up at 4pm ask your mommy to make you a pizza and go back to playing with your buddies
>>
>>390197371
gz!
>>
File: lFWfGzH.png (212KB, 2433x809px) Image search: [Google]
lFWfGzH.png
212KB, 2433x809px
>>390196635

We were equally confused. It doesn't help being kept in the dark whilst also having no idea what is going on paired with the fact that we still had a job to do.

Honestly though, Shenna and Co. were fucking idiots who made terrible mistakes which led to these events, in which they thought they could bury/escape.

The whole team was shrouded in secrecy, except the team leads there was no communication as such with other divisions. Only time we ever 'met' was in a staff discord chat.

I recorded it once actually but lost the file somewhere, I still have a Discord full of PMs from staff members and clippings like this though.

>>390196904

The trifecta between Crestfall, Us and LegacyBC (I think, I forget their name) was a great thing, supposedly. At least with Crestfall but it fell to shit when the bad publicity hit and like bad stock they sold us quick.

I don't blame them, it is the opinion of myself and many team members that chink gold farmers ruin the game, that we need to range ban if not entirely ban South-East Asian IPs and destroy 'mafia' rings although they hide behind loophole rules.

One of the reasons I admired Crestfall and also hoped for Gummy to succeed.
>>
>>390186363
Enhancement meme Shaman, raided all the way through AQ40.
>>
>>390186363
Orc Warrior, went Arms until 40 then respecced Prot with a leveling group I befriended, became second tank for a fairly prominent raiding guild on my server and got partway into AQ before quitting until TBC.

Panther add duty in vanilla ZG will forever be THE casual filter for any Warrior who thinks they can tank.
>>
File: 1496598430677.jpg (90KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
1496598430677.jpg
90KB, 500x493px
Anyone from the guild Dark Fist on Argent Dawn 2004-2009 here
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.