[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Nintendo has a much stronger presence in America than in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: nintendo-of-america.png (438KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-of-america.png
438KB, 600x300px
>Nintendo has a much stronger presence in America than in Europe
>PC gaming has a much stronger presence in Europe than in America

Why?
>>
Because Americans are fat manchildren with low average IQ.
>>
>>390144690
pirates
>>
>>390144908
Your point? All Nintendo consoles have been cracked sans the latest.
>>
because money. believe it or not, most gamers dont game on "gaming pcs". i wouldn't call even half of those people gamers, but they do play games, so idk. just not demanding games.
only plebs buy consoles. why would you buy a console if you can buy a computer with which you can do everything? consoles are only good for gaming, and only a few games. people that play FPS games with a controller need to be shot.
>>
>>390144690
Europoors are filthy pirates.
>>
>>390145293
>>390144908
t. dumb americans

The reason is because Europeans are significantly more cultured, and understand what medium offers the best experience.
>>
America has low average IQ thanks to race mixing
>>
>>390144690
That's because McDonalds + Nintendo is always overkill in sales.
>>
>>390144690
Because it's most europeans are poor and hate buying games. Also the US has far more weebs.
>>
>>390145534
>yuropoors knowing shit about videogames that aren't competetive

I'm yuro myself, we have really shit taste in singleplayer games.
>>
>>390145874
Sony is a weeb console too, and it is arguably more popular in Europe. Funnily enough, only Amerisharts ended up buying Xboxes packed with dudebro shooty games.
>>
File: 1504622609272.jpg (274KB, 1440x1440px)
1504622609272.jpg
274KB, 1440x1440px
>>390144690
Euro taxes, everything electronic is more expensive and in game stores nintendo games don't drop in value unless you find it 2nd hand.
For example when I was shopping for 3ds games (before cracking your 3ds was easy), mario kart 7, a 5 year old game was still 40€. Fuck that.
Every console is like that, so it's just "cheaper" to build yourself a more expensive PC and take full advantage of steam/origin/gog sales and save money that way. You don't get a box to keep your games in, but it's a worthwhile trade when a new console game is 70€.
>>
>>390146048
Nobody in Europe actually buys weeb games on it. The only reason the xbox sells in america is normies who buy it because it can play madden and it's always advertised heavily during sporting events.
>>
>>390144690
The actual reson goes back to the "Great Videogame Crash". Which was actually a very localized phenomenon. Atari fucked up hard and Nintendo took the market by storm with it's NES. It didn't affect Europe at all.
Meanwhile in Europe, microcomputers were the biggest thing around. Cheap (anywhere between 5 and 20 bucks) and easily piratable games meant that buying a console that couldn't be used as a computer and with games that were hard to pirate and very expensive (50 bucks) was downright retarded. Remember that at the time Nintendo didn't have any brand recognition. The distribution of the console was also lackluster.
The SNES was a hit, but you get how the trend started.
>>
File: 248.jpg (60KB, 640x836px) Image search: [Google]
248.jpg
60KB, 640x836px
>people post hurr durr americans
>get 0-1 pity replies

>I post simply europeans are pirates while using significantly less effort
>multiple genuinely triggered individuals
top kek
>>
>>390144690
wtf, europe is nintendo land anon. at least western europe.
>>
>>390146307
this looks like the actual reason
>>
>>390146307
Sega did well in Europe though. Wasn't the Master System heavily marketed there? Nobody bought one in the US
>>
>>390146373
nah small son, it's sony land. It's been that way since the ps2, although the 360 did catch up when the ps3 was stupidly expensive and had no games.
Now it's dirt cheap to buy a ps4, FIFA17 and just play that with your mates until you find something decent in the used section.
>>
>>390146336
>muh (You)'s
Truly your life is greater
>>
>>390146518
hey if you can't take it maybe you shouldn't dish it out
>>
>>390144690
If you play on PC in the US your looked at as a big fucking nerd. No one bats an eye at playing on a console. Also in the US we like to play on couches or chairs in front of big TVs, not on a desk (yes I know you can hook up your desktop to a PC but for people who didn't start out PC gaming the peripherals are a hassle). I bought a decent gayman PC and I still primarily only use my consoles. I only use my PC for old games and games I don't wanna buy.

>b-but Shooters with a controller >:(

Git gud faggot. Everyone else on a console uses a controller and gets a long just fine (except those few games that allow cross-play with PC)
>>
>>390146489
Sony consoles in Europe are how Americans treat xboxes. As CoD and sports games machines.
>>
>>390144690
Krauts playing Simulator games.
>>
>>390146434
Sega did well because of their marketing and higher quality arcade ports compared to microcoputers. In fact, as the microcomputers' popularity dwindled, Sega was the first one to take their place with the success of the Mega Drive, outpacing Nintendo's SNES (which came two years later). Nintendo had more trouble getting a foothold in Europe due to Sega's established presence, while Sega had trouble in the USA because of Nintendo's strang brand recognition.
>>
>>390146618
Yes, apparently if you know basic calculus you are a nerd in America too. There is absolutely no excuse for playing multi platform games on anything but a PC if such an option is available.
>>
>>390146434
>>390146765
A little correction: the high quality arcade ports were the main selling points for the Master System in Europe. That's when Sega's brand recognition got established in Europe.
>>
File: 448fullposter.jpg (23KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
448fullposter.jpg
23KB, 448x336px
>>390146618
>>shooters with controller
>git gud

>playing shooters on consoles
>ever
>and even to the point of defending them
>>
>>390146805
Most people would just wait 5 years and buy a new console than rather dealing with upgrading different parts of your PC every 3 or so years. A large portion of it as well is no one owns a desktop anymore UNLESS you're already started out PC gaming. Most people are just Laptop + Console and that's probably what I'll be moving forward
>>
>>390147029
What really is so bad about playing a shooter on a console?
>>
>>390144690
Why are Europeans so obsessed with Americans? Genuine question
>>
>>390147129
Well, it is your funeral. It appears that Americans are lazy and complacent to the point they want everything handed to them pre built, not even considering the possibilities of what customization can offer.
>>
Nintendo is comfy childhood i guess.
>>
>>390147170
Let me repeat what its said thousand of times, unless it's a console exclusive, you play shooters on PC but you can still eat shit if you want, no one is stopping you.
>>
>>390147029
Sounds like your just bad dude.
>>
>>390147257
Europe has had a rough time of things lately. It's two major tribal wars nearly bankrupted the continent. It's economic and social "union" never completely gelled and is now on the verge of utter collapse with the withdrawal of Great Britain. Even its vaunted national integrity is collapsing as relatively minor cultural disputes in Belgium and Spain appear to be readying the nations for partition. Europe of today isn't what it was of yesteryear.

There are also the facts that European birth rates are plunging; many of their former colonies residents are emigrating to their to their countries and most are differ greatly (racially, culturally, religiously, etc. ) from their former colonial masters. And that recent events in the Levant, Ukraine and Tripolitania (Libya) are going to result in even greater influxes of refugees to nations which may have only limited tolerances for them.

When faced with those grim realities and then witnessing the United States rising from a former colony to the world's leader is less than 200 years, many Europeans are upset and angered by the success experienced by the "upstart" nation. Coupled with many Americans lack of humility, bashing the United States becomes easy for those who are unwilling or unable to accept the lessening importance of their nation and their own culture upon the world's stage.
>>
>>390147370
>ur just bad
>*corrects aim*
>>
>>390147170
It's different. And different is bad. As seen by the other reply which just says "it just is."
>>
>>390145534
FIFA and Truck Driving Sims are the best experience?
>>
>>390147279
Not lazy, the bulk of "gamers" just don't give a shit enough to invest in PC gaming, especially when all their IRL friends are on a console, which is a large chunk of the appeal. Because like it or not, building and maintaining a gaming PC is quite an investment, more than most US college kids want to bother with, especially when all their friends are gonna be on consoles
>>
>>390147978
I built a mid range PC in 2013, i5 3470+760. Recently I swapped 760 with 1060 and now it is vastly more powerful even than a PS4 pro. Considering I can overclock the gpu, it may be more powerful than the upcoming XXXXboxXXXXX, and I paid less than $1000 for everything. Literally cheaper than the latest iPhone.
>>
>>390144757
Oh so thats why we immerse ourselves in technology while you run around in lederhosen and lose all day
>>
>>390147170
Hmm, lets see, 30 fps on a traditionally reactive and precision-focused genre, check

Forced to use controllers, which ALSO come with the console equivalent of mouse acceleration set to "on" at all times, check

Lacking optional 64+ player LAN ability? Check
>>
>>390147257
Simple envy

They're poor and in a shitheap of a continent

They call us fat and lazy, but they wish so badly they could be as fat and lazy as us, living the good life
>>
>>390148492
I doubt even you know what you were trying to say.
>>
File: v.png (1B, 486x500px)
v.png
1B, 486x500px
>>390145113
>>
>>390145534
>t. dumb americans
That's a bit redundant.
>>
>biggest Furry convention in Europe
>Eurofurence
>2573 people in 2016

>biggest Furry Convention in the USA
>Anthrocon
>7544 people in 2017

>7 out of the 8 biggest Furry Conventions of all time took place in the USA

Source is http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/List_of_conventions_by_attendance

I guess everyone can connect the dots on their own.
>>
piracy, price and flexibility are why pcs are popular in eastern europe, south east asia and china. china has the added reason of banning consoles.

im not sure about western europe and pcs, but playstation is definitely way, way bigger in western europe than the us. tekken and gran turismo especially come to mind.
>>
Its significantly cheaper and has more uses than just gaming. Helps that many devs of the area are based as fuck by making prices of games reasonable and actually optimizing their shit.

I remember getting Painkiller back in the day for a very affordable amount and running the thing beautifully. Don't get me started on Croteam and their delicious PC options.
>>
>>390144690
America has by far the largest manchild population on the planet.
>>
>>390144690
Only children and autistic retards play Nintendo games
>>
>>390144690
Europeans on average live in poverty. So PC is a better deal because they can just pirate.
>>
Pc is overrated
>>
>>390144690
NoA is fucking cancer and I'm sad they stopped giving localization to NoE.
>>
>>390144690
Because europe is a poor country and most people there steal video games.
>>
>>390154262
You can pirate on 3ds.
>>
File: 1505247296774.gif (1005KB, 277x300px) Image search: [Google]
1505247296774.gif
1005KB, 277x300px
>>390144757
fpbp
>>
File: 1505065017535.jpg (23KB, 485x491px) Image search: [Google]
1505065017535.jpg
23KB, 485x491px
>>390148915
>Simple envy
I wish it was only envy. Like my grandfather and great grandfather, i despise every bit of your nation, and i'm sure as hell my children will be no less.
>>
>>390144757
As an American I can confirm this. Just split the fat man children with Low iq up then that's 95% of the population
>>
>>390144690
>PC gaming has a much stronger presence in Europe than in America
Got any proof to back up that statement?
>>
File: 1202177810728.jpg (9KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
1202177810728.jpg
9KB, 253x253px
>>390149985
I did not know facts were redundant.
>>
Nintendo has spent more resources on the US and their business connections are stronger in the US than in Europe. The US likely seemed like a stronger investment before the Wall fell and I still imagine Nintendo has a hard time making headway into former Eastern Bloc nations.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.