[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got Ending E Can we talk about this masterpiece? The part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 13

File: A tomato.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
A tomato.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
Just got Ending E
Can we talk about this masterpiece? The part where the messages from other players start appearing made me cry.
Fascinating little thing.
>>
Did anyone actually beat the credits without help here?
>>
>>390122808
>get to that part
>all profanities

stay classy japan
>>
>>390122808
>ending e
How many endings are there? I just started the game and got to the first save point.
Also I'm playing on pirated version so no messages, what are they, just dark souls messages that are for most part prewritten or can you write anything?
>>
>>390123060
A-Z, where A-E are the main endings, the rest joke endings.
>>
>masterpiece
you're dumb
>The part where the messages from other players start appearing made me cry.
and gay
>>
>>390122989
I doubt it, shit can get intense.
>>
I like the ending where you die from eating a mackerel. 2B x 6O for life.
>>
>>390123105
Fuck off retard, you're impressing nobody and you'll never fit in.
>>
>>390123060
You're not getting ending E anyway, leech.
>>
>>390123191
>you'll never fit in.
oh woe is me I was only trying to be cool and fit in with the other shitposters
>>
>>390122989
>>390123134
Youtube has videos of people beating it solo. It is hard, takes a lot of tries and skill but doable.
>>
>>390123196
Probably not I'll most likely get 1 at best 2 endings and then just watch the rest. I'm generally not autistic enough to play a game more than once, I rather just move on and play new games.
>>
>>390123160
Emil destroying the Earth best ending.
>>
>>390123276
>I'm generally not autistic enough to play a game more than once

You don't play it more than once to get all endings.
>>
File: idlt.png (298KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
idlt.png
298KB, 500x628px
>>390123263
>hurr durr I'll go to threads of games I don't like because I need to remind them of how much I don't like them.
Kill yourself.
>>
Ending T is the best ending.
>>
>>390123160
thx for flowre
>>
>>390123351
Aw okay, I'll avoid thread for the most part then to avoid spoilers. Hopefully I can get through it all in 3~ days.
>>
>>390122989
cheat engine help? then no
>>
>>390123276
The endings in this game are arbitrary. Ending B is basically just reaching the halfway point of the main story.
>>
>>390123435
Ending N, U, L and K are far better
>>
Playing this game without spoilers was a treat. I'm a little sad I know so much about Drakengard 1 since I finally managed to get a copy.
>>
>>390122808
i liked the game but i expected more from toro in the story departement and more from platinum in gameplay.

the themes of the story has already been done a thousand times from other mediums but better and it was nowhere as sad or depressing as the first game and the charecters are less relatable.
>>
>>390123845
Those require you to play the game though. Ending T frees you to play games that are actually good.
>>
>>390123936
>the themes of the story has already been done a thousand times from other mediums but better
Example?
>>
>>390123936
In video games I really can think of only a handful of games that covered this subject matter as well as NA.
>>
File: ctf.jpg (34KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
ctf.jpg
34KB, 300x301px
I finished original Nier yesterday. I don't think it was as good as Automata. Somehow I was never quite as immersed with it as with NierA and I'm not sure if it's because I missed some things, or because I knew too many details beforehand. Would doing more than 44% of the side quests have helped? I thought Automata had way more subtle hints about what's really going on.

I don't think people who say the original's music is better than Automata are in the right either. I would be willing to call it a 50-50 if it weren't for the godawful Lost Shrine song that made me mute the music every time I was there. Plus the game's structure (1st half once -> 2nd half thrice) is so so very bad coming from Automata's two thirds twice, then last third once.

Still 9/10, I wish I played it in 2010 instead of now.
>>
>>390123105
Yeah I was looking for this guy, I'm impressed it wasn't the first comment, everyone here in /v/ shits on this game despite literally being a masterpiece, this is going to be GOTY if it's not Zelda.
>>
>>390123983
Ending L is literally giving up on the game
Ending K is the same as T but, with fish
>>
File: 1343592786728.jpg (56KB, 318x240px) Image search: [Google]
1343592786728.jpg
56KB, 318x240px
I highly enjoyed the game, but really, is it a masterpiece, or did we simply get a good game in an era of shit games?
>>
>>390124139
>an era of shit games
>in the year hollow knight, breath of the wild, persona 5 and mario odyssey come out
>>
>>390124139
Not a masterpiece but, it is a special game
>>
>>390123936

I actually thought it was a bit refreshing to have an end that's a little more positive than the ones usually done by Taro.
Most likely you can assume that the events aren't going to change but it's message about hope and the possibility of change is nice.
>>
>>390124198
Good point. Still, 2017 is anomalous in that regard. . Are we entering an age of good games?
>>
>>390124139

It's a good game coming from a man that usually puts out nothing but stinkers in the gameplay department. Probably made fans of the series regard it a lot more highly than they would have of a game of similar caliber if it didn't come from one of their favorite producers.
>>
>play game
>customize chips
>unequip all to organize them
>GAME OVER
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW
>>
There is no such thing as a Golden Age until people look back on it with nostalgia
>>
>>390124013
the hole "what it menas to be alive/human trop" has been done so many times already.

watch any Movie or read a book involving robots or AIs and you get a better main plot than nier has to offer.
>>
>>390124198
2017 is a very good year for gaming but 2016-2015 was much less so.
>>
>>390124467
as long as your not including A.I. or irobot to that list of "better"
>>
>>390124242
im happy toro not only got a decent budget for once but also made a profit out of something he made.

hope he will do more games in the future.
>>
same
thats how you end a fucking video game
>>
>>390124807
>>390123936

It's Taro, you shit secondary.
>>
File: DD1_-_Grotesquerie_Queen_-_CGI.png (2MB, 1703x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DD1_-_Grotesquerie_Queen_-_CGI.png
2MB, 1703x1080px
>>390122808
How would you react if you say pic related fell in a city the news tomorrow, /v/?
>>
>>390124467
The difference is this medium is that it allows you to be the character instead of just another viewing passenger. That is why it is unique.
>>
>>390124890

Secondary?
>>
>>390124704
hey, i liked A.I. though, i was pretty young when i saw it so maybe i should give it another watch.
>>
File: 1500715603761.jpg (49KB, 751x418px) Image search: [Google]
1500715603761.jpg
49KB, 751x418px
>>390123263
>>
Let's discuss the part that the experience Automata provides is one that you literally can not have via another medium

The interactive fact is exactly what makes it so engrossing and you lose that everywhere else
>>
CUZ WE'RE
GONNA
SHOUT IT
LOUD
>>
>>390125426
Kaine's salvation best OST

If OST of the year isn't P5 or Automata, I will throw a shitfit.
>>
>>390124467
>just watch a shitty movie or read a book, both of which can't convey things the way video games do
>>
What got me was that the hacking minigame with 9S steadily became more and more dififcult, where at first and through most of route B I had failures very rarely, then going through Route C I started they started to get more and more complex to where some hack attempts would take me several tries, one in the tower where you hack all the treasure chests there was one in particular that took me 5 attempts to finally beat. And then when I made it to the beginning of Ending E, I recognized Weight of the World playing in chiptune, and that it was the hacking minigame but shooting the credits flowing in reverse order of the way credits usually scroll on a screen. So it goes on a very long time playing all the different versions of Weight of the World all in one, and every so often I'm dying. I'm only doing this because the Pod asked me if I wanted to save everybody, and I thought "well sure I do", so I kept on. Answering "No, games are not silly little things", over and over again until near the end, fighting Square Enix for probably the fifth time in the sequence, it asks if I finally want help. The fact then that I realized it was using other players' usernames to shoot and shield for me as the choir kicked in is what put me over the edge and made me cry till the end. I had never played a Taro game before, only seen the rhythm game ending to Drakengard 3, I had figured that the Ending E would be like that and I'd simply have to get good.

I think we can agree, that the game is a 7/10, UNTIL you get to Ending E, which puts it to over 11/10. For the most part it was a weird and unusual ride with what I would say is ultimately darkly humorous writing with some obviously very serious and tragic moments mixed in. Ending E was a complete reversal on what I thought was going to happen. I think you'd have to be emotionally underdeveloped or have to have never experienced struggle in your life to not be moved by the End of YoRHa, or you have to have simply not beaten the game.
>>
>>390124090
Honestly, playing NieR spoiler-free, like I'm assuming you did with Automata, makes the game so much fucking better. Yes, Automata is dropping way more hints from the start and I think much of what makes the narrative great is the fact that early-on you get the feeling that there is way more going on behind the scenes than you know. Nier's twist, on the other hand, is left fucking field. And I don't just mean the "big" one, but also the ones concerning the true identity of the shadows, and the stories of the enemies you fight.

Yes, you would have gotten more out of the game had you done more side quests. And it's quite hard to get immersed because it's just not as fun to play as Automata. Still, I wish Automata had half the banter the original Nier had.

Also, I'd say Automata's soundtrack as a whole is better because of it's consistency. There isn't a single track I dislike. Nier has certain tracks I like a bit more than the whole of Automata's soundtrack, though not by much, but I do dislike some songs.
>>
>>390125842
>I think you'd have to be emotionally underdeveloped or have to have never experienced struggle in your life to not be moved by the End of YoRHa, or you have to have simply not beaten the game.

I've experienced more struggle than most people and the ONLY Nier ending that touched me was the second ending of Nier. Most of the characters just aren't very well developed and so you don't feel for them. The ideas in Nier I appreciate, but most of the emotional parts fall flat for me.
>>
>>390122808
How? How did this thrash get so much fame?

There are no interesting character and everything exist for cheap tearjerking drama.

>Oh, look, Pascal, suddenly there is army, bigger than the world, the universe, coming to kill you and your kids.
>Oh, look, Pascal, those kids, robots what can't fell pain, killed themselves out of fear of painful death, just cause you taught them fear

>I wanted to be pretty, so i started to kill and eat androids and now i'm boss with deepest background story.

>my brother/waifu wanted to die/was infected and dying and those evil assholes killed them!! I'm must destroy them, Reeeeeeeeeee

>oh, no... we are dying.... and going to be re... rebooted.... but let's lie here and... and suffer, blugh.... as long... as we........... can

And what's wrong with gamedesigh? Those segment where you're playing as little robot bringing water, as slowly as possible, or where 2b is dying and glitching and slowly running to some random place just to die, while fighting dozens robot with that glitching screen. What is that? Did those people hated player, so they made those segments as bad as they could?
>>
>>390126162
wow you really didnt get the point of those segments?
>>
>>390125009
I would ask Kubrick/Anno/Clarke what it mean't
>>
>>390126162
>I'm a psychopath and don't comprehend emotions
>>
>>390126259

To make me regret everything?
>>
>>390126478
>Emotions of robots
>>
>>390126545
>missing the point this badly
>>
File: 1504468332979.png (675KB, 1024x633px) Image search: [Google]
1504468332979.png
675KB, 1024x633px
I pussied out when the game prompted me to delete my savedata at the very last moment, and i have been feeling like shit since. Last week i loaded ending E in order to do it, but everytime the game asks if i give up in order to connect to other players, it says connection error and throws me back to the menu screen. Did they patch it or something?
>>
File: 1499923391588.jpg (92KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499923391588.jpg
92KB, 768x1024px
>>390126768
You made your bed, now lie in it. Think of what was, what is, and now what never will be, because of your greed. You monster.
>>
>>390123480
2B dies

9S is actually on like his ninth life right now because 2B (2E) keeps killing him and his memories are wiped

The machines killed the aliens thousands of years ago

Humanity is actually extinct, Command only pretends they exist so the androids don't lose the will to live.

Androids and machines are constructed of the same materials

A2 and 9S kill each

Pirates don't get to enjoy games.
>>
>>390127786
Wait, what about THE POINT?
>>
File: IMG_7526.jpg (76KB, 1200x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7526.jpg
76KB, 1200x740px
>>390124467
>can only list one of like five themes it covers
>>
>>390127872
The point is that the world we live in is cold and uncaring but hope may change things.
>>
>>390126545
Someone didn't do Jackass' quest about killing robots. It literally explains why YoRHa androids have emotions. Couldn't tell you why the Resistance does, though.

BTW, here's some stuff that other people may have been wondering about. Spoilers ahead, of course.

>Why did A2 cut her hair after 2B died?
A2 was moved by 2B's desire to convey her will to her. She had been almost completely corrupted by the Logic Virus (if anyone doesn't know what the logic virus does, it basically overhauls android data, making them lose their ego/self-identity, and turns off all limiters, making them go berserk and fight like, well, machines) and yet she could still control her motor functions, and she mustered the strength to speak her final wishes. A2 had listened to her comrades final wishes as well, and it haunted her that she was never able to honor them, which is why she simply chose to kill machines. However, given that 2B's face is the same as A2's, A2 felt the need to not only fulfill 2B's will, but also give her a "vessel" through which she could keep on living; that vessel being A2's body, since they look identical. Thus, she cuts her hair.

>Why does 9S suddenly long for humans at the very end?
9S' mind was in utter turmoil during the final battle. He was enraged that A2 looked just like 2B, he was furious that she dared to speak her name. For 9S, there was no one other than 2B. She was everything that occupied her mind. He didn't want to think about anything else, and without 2B, he deemed the world unnecessary (yes, very much like Eve). And yet, near the end of his life, 9S longed to meet humans, to serve them, to reclaim Earth for them. He was mad at himself, mad at A2, mad a the world for even daring to think about anything other than 2B during his final moments. That's why he shouts in anger, wondering why he "[yearned] for the touch of something that no longer exists."
>>
>>390123936
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfm8IEGhaaI
a interesting perspective from a game dev
>>
>>390127872
Exactly. What is the point of life?
You have to make your own meaning in life
>>
>>390125960
Yeah reveals felt like they really came out of the left field. DevPop reveal had some vague clues (their, in particular Popola's way of tiptoeing around subjects and Weiss' "we're being led" -comments), but then ending C was a complete whatthefuckisgoingon -moment. I guess if I didn't kill every boss on my second run in about 5 seconds, I would've heard Tyrann's bants with Kaine that prefaced it! Didn't really like Kaine much either by the way, and I don't understand why ending D would ever happen in the slightest, but it was still pretty emotional.

>Yes, you would have gotten more out of the game had you done more side quests.
Yeah I thought so. Those felt much alike Automata in the sense that they had some sad shit AND some vague ominous messages for the future. But to be honest I just didn't like the gameplay enough and/or wasn't immersed enough to start grinding all that crap.

>Also, I'd say Automata's soundtrack as a whole is better because of it's consistency. There isn't a single track I dislike.
Exactly. Also there's more of them and when shit's good it's nice when there's more of it.
>>
>>390127970
Comment was too long, couldn't include my sauce. A shame all this goes unsaid during the actual game. It'd break the climax, sure, but this context would have been great.

http://nier2.com/blog/2017/08/05/a-first-look-at-the-nierautomata-novel-a-long-story/#more-6084
>>
File: 1496893531971.jpg (45KB, 960x726px) Image search: [Google]
1496893531971.jpg
45KB, 960x726px
>when you find the stranded mecha
>when you heard 2Bs last message to 9S
>mfw

J-JUST
>>
>>390125960
I really liked how that one side quest more or less told you that 2B was actually E-class[\spoiler] way before it was revealed.

My favorite twist from NieR is, as is everyone else's, Kaine having a boipucci.
>>
>>390122808
Glad i'm not the only pussy around here who couldn't hold his tears
>>
>>390128179
>>390127962
so deep, did that game help you to understand that? And no, hope doesn't change anything.
>>
>>390129085
I never claimed it was deep you humongous faggot
>>
So what the fuck were the pods and who made them? It's one of the only points I didn't get.
>>
>>390129085
>What is the point of life is deep
Someone just took philosophy 101?
>>
>>390129198
Pods were made by the same people who had Yorha. Their purpose was the execution of the master plan.
>>
>>390129162
>>390129259
So, you don't think main point of game is any deep, but you're praising like masterpiece?

Ok.
>>
>>390129406
A masterpiece can be shallow and still be a masterpiece because of its execution and how it comes together, the themes don't need to be particularly deep for the game to be thematically sound either.
>>
>>390129406
>It must be deep to be a masterpiece
Hurrr durrr.
Ocarina of Time wasn't deep why do people call it a masterpiece?!?!?
>>
>Get ending W
>It's the game's way of saying "HA HA, FAGGOT"
>>
>>390129642
I wonder about this one too.

>>390129516
>main character dies by sticking himself on the sword what wasn't even pointed at him
>great execution

You probably get this excited by any other game. Everything is masterpiece!
>>
>>390129934
>nitpicking
Thanks for trying
>>
>>390129934
>main character dies by sticking himself on the sword what wasn't even pointed at him
Guess whose "hand" was that?
>>
>>390130018
Every major cutscene in this game is either flawed or silly.
>>
>>390130387
Mention real flaws.
>>
>>390130532
No one the fly switching between chipsets
>>
File: 1490542445278.png (1MB, 1438x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1490542445278.png
1MB, 1438x1030px
>>390129926
>some people got that ending where 9S abandons dying 2B because they wanted to collect shit on the map
>>
Ending D already was emotional as fuck but holy shit i did not expect the ending E.
All Weight of the World versions are sad but somehow End of YoRHa manages to be inspiring and uplifting while merely combining all 3 of them.
>>
>>390132339
Automata better win OST of the year.
I bet Zelda wins it despite Zelda's OST being dogshit.
>>
>>390132685
It's obvious that either Zelda or PUBG will sweep all GOTY awards because GOTY shit is pandering to normies alone.
>>
>>390132876
If Zelda sweep the /v/idya awards, you will know /v/ has fallen to reddit
>>
>>390122989
I was stuck 2 days on the credits because I was playing offline. Couldn't beat it but got pretty close
>>
>>390122808
>Crying at a videogame story
You can't be any more of a faggot, and no one really cares that you had <insert emotion here> feelings
>>
>>390133489
i'm quite proud for making it until the third square-enix but then everything's invincible
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.