[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never play vanilla SWTOR ever again just die in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: 2013-04-19_00013.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2013-04-19_00013.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
>you will never play vanilla SWTOR ever again

just die in my sleep already. it was so comfy
>>
>>390101360
i miss it
prime erp during the first month playing an imperial agent
>>
>>390101360
If only we could've romanced Vette with the collar on while keeping Jaesa on the side.
>>
File: 1403430708264.jpg (136KB, 597x563px) Image search: [Google]
1403430708264.jpg
136KB, 597x563px
>be Dark Side Sith Warrior
>Literally every choice you get in the game
>Go around force neck snapping people
>Murdering their kids and force pushing the corpses aside like trash
>Bending enemies to your will then stabbing them in the back when they think they earned your mercy
>>
File: suicide.png (90KB, 474x151px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.png
90KB, 474x151px
>>390103081
>be republic trooper
>tell dickwad trooper to kill himself
>he actually fucking does it, uses one of his own grenades when he realizes his career is finished

jesus H christ how did they get away with it
>>
>>390102951
>tried to bang Vette and impregnate light Jaesa at the same time
>can't because already banged Vette before
fug
>>
>>390103259
>Meeting with senators
>General asks me to keep cool for the sake of their career
>SHIT ALL OVER ALL OF THEM AND SHOOT THE BIRD AS I WALK OUT THE DOOR

Trooper got shatfed in story but it had its moments
>>
post your favorite tracks

https://youtu.be/XQ6Id_SICSQ
>>
>>390103271
I thought you can't fugg jaesa unless she's evil?
>>
>>390103512
i couldn't get through smuggler or trooper
the fem actors were such shite
>>
File: 1503325752140.jpg (246KB, 835x773px) Image search: [Google]
1503325752140.jpg
246KB, 835x773px
Hutta was fucking comfy on launch day desu.
Recently redownloaded and played through all the stories. I had a good time desu
>>
>swtor
>much worse vanilla swtor
I hope you guys forever feel this feel, you killed a great franchise
>>
File: HanSolo.webm (481KB, 158x240px) Image search: [Google]
HanSolo.webm
481KB, 158x240px
>>390101360
>you will NEVER preorder star wars battlefront 2 ever again
>>
>>390104865
>playing as a girl
>>
/v/ really is fucking dead, how can you fucks unironically discuss TORtanic of all things?
>>
>>390106145
>not playing as a girl
it's like you deliberately want to hinder the story
>>
>>390101360
Updates have made vanilla better because they fixed the way companions work.
>>
>>390101360
>playing SWTOR
>ever
yeah maybe you should kill yourself already.
>>390106358
because /v/ is composed mostly of redditors.
>>
>>390106358
i had fun playing this with my friends and had no idea everyone hated it until i was long done playing. seemed ok and engaging enough to me
>>
>>390106358
Came here to post this. What gen of cancer is this after Neo-/v/?
>>
>>390101360
damn... ill never get to play the vanilla version of a shitty failed wow clone
>>
>>390101360
>That entire Imperial Agent storyline

Holy fuck was that the KOTOR3 I had been dreaming of. Playing TOR as a single-player game was such a satisfying feeling, despite it being a fairly garbage MMO.

>Playing a non-Sith in a Sith-dominated society
>Constantly shows how fucking insane the Sith are and how normals have to clean up after their bullshit
>Always being polite to the Sith's face then wrecking their shit behind the scenes
>SECRET AGENT MAN.jpg
>Getting the first hands-on look at the internal workings of the regular Sith empire
>All that infiltration and manipulation storyline
>An entire 2nd act of being a double-agent in the Republic
>10/10 sexy female robot companion whom you can flirt with endlessly but not actually fuck or romance for fucks sake you had one job Bioware.
>Bossfights you can actually win without ever firing a shot
>Final boss of the entire game are two regular ass Sith vs a non-force user
>>
>>390103259
>tell dickwad trooper he should just off himself with a grenade
>he actually does it the absolute madman
>>
Official class storyline rankings

1. Agent
2. Inquisitor
3. Warrior
4. Smuggler
5. Knight
6. Bounty Hunter
7. Consular
8. Trooper
>>
>>390104865
>femTrooper
>Bad

femTrooper is literally femShepard from Mass Effect you faggot. She's god tier.
>>
File: XpSTd6Ca.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
XpSTd6Ca.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>390106358

I'm glad someone else said this, guess it's just the way of things
>>
>>390106520
It breaks my immersion to see a woman as a warrior
>>
>>390101360
Why can't you play it? Are they shutting it down finally?
>>
>>390104865
Republic was always so painful to play through, even though Trooper and Smuggler were both decently well done. Though if memory serves I could never actually complete them either purely because of how unintersting the Republic story and standard light-sided faggotry was. Compared to the actual compelling aspect of "play as a regular guy in the Sith empire just trying to get by while edgelords with lightsabers run around rocking out with their cocks out", Republic felt so safe and bland with 'hurr stagnation and corruption in a bureaucracy-riddled society'.

>All the non-force user stories are leagues better than any of the jedi/sith stories

How did this happen again?
>>
File: thank you jesus.png (524KB, 439x546px) Image search: [Google]
thank you jesus.png
524KB, 439x546px
>oh shit a jedi knight
>turns evil after 5 minutes of torture
I really enjoyed the Sith storylines on a comical level.
>>
>>390106358
Wew lad, you really sell yourself as someone who came here because of the tortanic meme.
>>
>>390107705
The point is that he was already evil and was hiding it. That's why it is so easy to break his apprentice and her your cocksleeve
>>
File: img-46.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
img-46.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>390101360
>>you will never play vanilla SWTOR ever again
>>
>>390107575
with this technology and these magical powers? you can't be serious
>>
>>390107427
no, mate, that is the superbutch version of femshepard
terrible choice
>>
>>390107545
>>390106358
>>390106641

Because everyone wanted a KOTOR 3, and despite TOR being an unapologetic mess of an MMO, treating it like a single-player game and going through the character stories had value. Like most things Bioware, even shitty new-Bioware, having tons of writers means occasionally you get aspects of bad games that actually are worth playing through.

The animations were shit, but hell so were literally every kotor game's animation ever. Over half of the stories were pretty average or worse, plenty of retarded characters, the retcon and rape of Revan's lore was just painful to look at, and as an MMO it was a colossal failure.

There were 2-3 good storylines, a decent handful of enjoyable and memorable characters (throwing dozens at the wall, eventually SOME have to stick), the gameplay was serviceable, and music/visuals were functional.

Good MMO? Fuck no. Good game? Not really even that. But given that it's free now, there's definitely value to be found in it if you look in the right places. I don't see why you'd get buttblasted over people discussing the thing.
>>
>this is Kotor 3-10
Can I just get a Kotor 3 instead?
>>
>>390107884
I see. It's been years since I played, I don't remember that. But I believe it. I just remember this guy being waaaay over the top once he broke
>>
>>390106358
it was actually kinda fun tbqh fampaitchi. did you even play it?
>>
never 4gt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjX4G8x227o
>>
>>390107369
>Inquisitor above Trooper
>Trooper below every single force-using class
>Knight and Consular above anything

Jesus christ Anon about the only thing you got accurate was IA being #1 and that's so universally accepted it doesn't even count as your opinion.
>>
>>390107136
you forgot to mention the amount of ass you can get

the rogue jedi was my favorite because she messages you back if you spared her saying to come around sometime for a booty call
>>
>>390108470
damn
>>
>>390103894
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyN_bPRBI4c
>>
>>390108241
Monkey-paw, Anon.

Would you rather have no Kotor 3, or a Kotor 3 that is a shitty MMO where you have to look past tons of flaws and ignore huge aspects of the game to find the enjoyment?

Take what you can get. Especially, since do you REALLY fucking want new-age Bioware touching anything to do with Kotor 3?
>>
>>390107884
I love how you can break Jaesa to the point she thinks you and her pleasure are the only things that matter anymore.
>>
File: 1413827531768.jpg (58KB, 599x404px) Image search: [Google]
1413827531768.jpg
58KB, 599x404px
>>390108695
I wanted a Kotor 3 back in 2009 when old Bioware announced it. Now I don't buy Bioware games on principal whatsoever so it don't matter. None a this matters.
>>
>>390103894
most of the combat music. captured the essence of star wars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj-CYfaEmrM
>>
>>390106358
Came here to post this
>>
>>390108493
I did forget that, holy shit how did I forget that.

If I remember, you almost get a single lay on every single planet, almost twice as much as the actual HAN-SOLO EXPY class.

I mean just off the top of my head,
>Fellow Imperial Agent(s)
>Sith Governor of an entire planet
>Underground contact on Nar Shaddaa
>Another Sith on Nar Shaddaa
>Afore mentioned rogue Jedi
>Rebublic Smuggler
>Imperial Trooper on Corellia

And that's not even counting your companions. Although again, can't fuck the robot, because Bioware will literally give softcore gay romance options and a transexual/aesexual/futanari Asari before they give us a proper robot romance.

And that's after deliberately cockteasing us with EDI and SCORPIO.
>>
File: 1504158807995.png (573KB, 708x521px) Image search: [Google]
1504158807995.png
573KB, 708x521px
>>390107602
Not the same guy, but I recently just played SWTOR since 2014 cause I had the itch, and I was sort of disappointed with the shitty new changes.

>Map and taxis are all revealed and don't require you to run around and find them.
>You immediately start off with your prestige class instead of having everyone start off in one of the basic classes. Broke any sort of adventure for me.
>Many hidden missions you find throughout the map like datapads lying around have been removed.
>No longer have to pay for skill upgrades, it's all free. They completely removed the "dread" yet nostalgia/fun feeling you get when reaching a level point and knowing that you had to dish out 100,000 credits, trying to make due.
>You get so many fucking skills from the start now you can max out the hotbar before ever leaving the beginner zone with so many, which in turns boosts your survivability tenfold making it SIGNIFICANTLY easier. A level 5 Sith Warriors now start off with an AOE damage skill that eats away at grouped up enemies, it's ridiculous.

There are a few other points which I'm forgetting but I left wishing for old SWTOR. They did upgrade a few animations though from what I remembered/experienced.

It's as if though the few retards of the SWTOR population complained that they weren't 100 percenting the game and missing content and demanded that something was done about it. Since they are the idiots who would undoubtedly drop a subscriptions for years at a time, EA listened.

At least the stories are still the same...
>>
>>390108797
>corrupt Jaesa
>shewantstheD.jpg
>deliver unto her the D
>not even remotely satisfied
>starts complaining murder isn't as fun as sex
>then starts complaining sex isn't as fun as murder
>you finally get fed up with her shit and tell her to stop being a cumslut for a few weeks
>when she finally fucks you again, she starts cheering about how great it is denying pleasure, because when you finally get to indulge in that pleasure, it's even more fun

Never stick your dick in crazy.
>>
>>390108492
Trooper is literal shit. Only retards from Alabama like it because they get to be army dudes in space
>>
>>390109313
Crazy Jaesa sex must be unimaginably good.
>>
>>390107369
Consular should be switched with Knight. Consular is closer to actual jedi shit.
>>
File: DI3sy3TVoAAk8Gb.jpg (192KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DI3sy3TVoAAk8Gb.jpg
192KB, 900x1200px
>SWTOR nostalgia
I'm done with /v/. Permaban please.
>>
>>390109178
>>No longer have to pay for skill upgrades, it's all free. They completely removed the "dread" yet nostalgia/fun feeling you get when reaching a level point and knowing that you had to dish out 100,000 credits, trying to make due.

Why the fuck would you want that? TOR would have been much better as a single player game with 8 stories that change based on the order you play them rather than a shitty MMO. Removing the shittiest of the MMO elements is the right thing to do.
>>
>>390109475
>Sith Lord
>Corrupt Jaesa
>Decide I want a threesome with my apprentice and my slave
>Jaesa is all for it
>Actual literal slave who I can freely kill and has no rights under Imperial law and maybe is even wearing a slave-collar still refuses and that's the end of that and there's nothing you can do about it her mind is made up

I don't think that's how the Dark Side works, Bioware.
>>
File: 1385870350467.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1385870350467.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>390109606
You know what you must do.
>>
>>390109325
Not that anon, but fuck you, mang. I was in it for that sweet Storm/Clone Trooper armour.
>>
>>390109325
>wanting to see Republic society from a normal perspective and not some shitty Lucas-tier light-sided magicuser
>"dum space-banjo playing redneck"
>>
>>390110356
>normal perspective
>a retard that became a slave to the galactic bureaucracy

The smuggler was the normal perspective. He had to put up with incompetent government officials, ineffective soldiers, fart sniffing Jedi and all manner of batshit insane imperials.
>>
>>390101360
>SI the emperor 'fantasy' character
Instead of running around each planet precipitating or fucking up the political situation you play Indiana Jones and the force pokemon. Also when you attempt to turn female anakin she tells you to fuck off 3 times.

>SW the Vader guy
Has a huge multi planet long story line about corrupting a jedi so successful the character has two sets of dialogue.

Bioware why?
>>
File: 2017-09-12 (2).png (908KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-12 (2).png
908KB, 1366x768px
Female Jedi Knight or Female Jedi Consular?
>>
>>390110624
Wasn't the Trooper exactly this as well?

Their story literally starts with them being told "Hey you're that new asshole who got assigned to Havoc Squad right GO GET THE RPG AND BLOW UP ALL THE BAD GUYS".

It's like "Ramirez! Do everything!" the storyline while your incompetent bosses get to the point where they are actively trying to get you killed by sending you at impossible objectives and you somehow keep surviving.
>>
>>390111073
The Trooper story peaked on the first planet when they did you Die Hard 2 style. Nothing after that comes close
>>
>>390101360
I remember playing on an RP where there was actually quite a big RP scene. At one point several guilds collaborated and made a massive war over Hoth. It was so big the server crashed and we were split up into two instances. It was basically a few scheduled battles interspersed with downtime where I played medic/recon/yes-man to important Sith (I was an Imperial doctor). It was so active and filled with colourful characters that there was barely a dull moment. Best moment in an MMO for me.

>tfw I had a quick draw duel with a Republic drinking buddy in an empty snow field
>>
>>390111562
Goddamn this, what the fuck happened to RP? I swear I used to see it everywhere and even though people insist "No man it still exists in TESO/Secret World/etc", you just don't see it like you used to in oldschool WoW, TOR at release, Rift, fucking Wildstar even.

Are there just no good MMOs anymore that can support it?
>>
File: Screenshot (137).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (137).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>all these fags who never played TOR and jumped on TORtanic meme because they are just parrots without their own opinion
>meanwhile even with the horrible cashshop the TOR is the only MMORPG where the "RPG" is not just in the name
>waifus everywhere as a bonus
Now if only the combat didn't follow the WoWshit formula.
>>
>>390106358
welcome to aging
these days unironic nostalgia threads over call of duty mw2 are accepted.
>>
>>390108695
>Would you rather have no Kotor 3
yes this. Can I have this?
>>
>>390111716
That's a tough question. I think the biggest reason is that MMOs have just fallen out of favour in general. Wildstar was the nail in the coffin, alongside the shift to MMO-lite like Destiny/Division. Their general audience is smaller so the number of RPers that can find other RPers also drops. I know that WoW still has quite a few players, but it's RP scene is notorious for ERPers.

I also think that services like Discord and Roll20 have a hand. Getting tabletop RPG sessions is now piss easy in whatever flavour you want. People who are fine not having character models probably prefer those options.

At the end of the day, if you want to find people RPing on an MMO, you probably can. But walking through the world and chatting with a group walking the other way? Those days are long gone.
>>
>>390111883
m8, the only thing worthwhile in the whole dumpster fire that are the stories of tor is the imperial agent story. I'm not seeing people nostalgiafagging for imperial agent. You faggots are unironically praising utter shit, and acting like everyone who disagrees never played it. No, I played it, lots of people played it. But anyone who had played literally any other mmo before this knew the game was utter shit. There's a reason it went f2p so fast.

When the garbage that is the shitty wow clone that is ff14 is still on a subscription, while a game that has the massive brand power of star wars went free to play, it's obvious the game is so bad not even the casual mmo crowd could tolerate it.
>>
>>390108040
Yes, women aren't emotionally conditioned to be hard dominant personalities.
>>
>>390111054
female jedi consular makes more sense but their story is really boring
>>
>>390114684
the dark side choices were probably the best out of the 4 desu
>>
File: image_7b7a8d9b.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image_7b7a8d9b.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
>>390107635
>How did this happen again?
You should look into Star Wars Galaxies. It's the #1 case to look into against making things "accessible" for the sake of drawing in an audience that doesn't exist and trying to make everyone feel like a special little flower.
>>
>>390116139
>trying to make everyone feel like a special little flower.
reminds me of destiny 2's tagline: "legends will be made." like seriously destiny 2's shitty community doesn't lend itself well to that sort of thing so why promise people something the game can't deliver.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.