[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2nd year >Only up to level 70 in the mines >Not enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: Stardew Valley.jpg (57KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Stardew Valley.jpg
57KB, 460x215px
>2nd year
>Only up to level 70 in the mines
>Not enough ore to make sprinklers
>Spend over half the day watering crops
>No time to fish
>None of the villagers like me
>Have about $45,000 but no well's, only 1 barn and 1 hen house
>Shitty layout that I'm constantly changing/losing track of
>Not enough ingredients to cook anything fun
>Just eat raw crops to survive

I'm fucking terrible at this game.
>>
>>390098497
buy pigs, pet pigs, get the ability that makes all forage items purple star, make 50k a day from pigs.
>>
>>390098976
I already took the perks for farming because steam forums said they were way better. Apparently animal husbandry sucks but I'm nowhere close to getting ancient fruit which is supposed to be the most profitable crop.
>>
Animal husbandry sucks because it is too time consuming.
>>
>>390098497
Are you just bad at the game or is it hard if you don't know what you're doing when you start?
>>
daily reminder that co-op >never ever
>>
>>390099790
like many games, if you go in blind then it's mostly a matter of luck whether you pick/stumble across some good shit or not
>>
Animal products were buffed eventually, farming was far more profitable at first, to max farming profit focus on the berries(strawberries, blue berries, and Cranberries for spring, summer, and fall respectively) as they're the most profitable

anyway first three years focus on doing the bundles, once you're done you do that you'll get the Iridium statue at the 3 year point, which gives you several ore a day, after a while iridium becomes plentiful after a bit

only go to the mine on days when the Oracle says are lucky, increases the chance of ladders appearing and let's you get farther
>>
>>390098497
not just planting everything you need for greenhouse and then full clearing the mine the first season since theirs fuck all to plant.
>>
>>390099790
The game is really fucking hard, there is no tutorial and the stamina bar is completely unforgiving. First year I was dying out in the field every other day trying to chop down trees to clear my land. I only later realised that you need trees for certain materials and seeds to I spent over half a year on nothing. When I finally got to planting I was halfway through Autumn and got maybe 2 yields in before winter came and I just had to sit on my hands all day. I keep talking to Penny but she hates me so I would normally just go back to bed around 12pm after following her around for a while.
>>
File: 1484153517154.jpg (31KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1484153517154.jpg
31KB, 472x472px
>>390098497
Is this your first run? I want to tell you that it's fine and that you can play the game at whatever pace you want, but I imagine you feel pretty ashamed about this and want to change? Generally speaking, every activity is productive. But I would recommend making it so that each day you focus on one big task, like reaching the next 5-10 levels in a cave. Some people can make relationships work early on, but you don't get much benefit past 3-5 hearts for more people, so you don't need to rush friendship with anyone except maybe Demetrius for the cave farm. But really if you play up to year 5, you'll likely be doing fine enough to where it doesn't matter how long it took you to get to that point...
>>
>>390100321
end goal is to have a greenhouse full of ancient fruit

then turn it into ancient fruit wine

then turn it into aged ancient fruit wine
>>
>>390100396

>being this bad at a fucking casual game

holy shit
>>
>>390100461
from most people*
>>
I tried so hard to get the platinum for this game but fuck catching that super rare fish.
>>
>>390098497
You have to plan your days ahead OP, explore the mines in rainy days or in the winter, prioritize filling the bundles in the community center, buy seeds/animals/buildings during birthdays to optimize your time out of the farm, organize your crops/buildings in a way to avoid walking too much over the same area and waste time.
If you're going for Granpa's letter you might want to restart the game
>>
>>390100396
you're not supposed to clear the entire fucking farm in your first spring, this should be obvious by the fact that you keep fainting, you gradually clear it, upgrading your tools and stamina bar as you go which allows you to do more, faster, and for less stamina

then you start buying/building shit that further decreases the time/energy you use

it's the entire point of the game
>>
File: 8Zkl81se.jpg (92KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
8Zkl81se.jpg
92KB, 900x900px
>gf is not a gamer
>give her Stardew Valley
>she loves it
>watching her play and discover shit on her own is 10 times more fun than playing the game myself

She doesn't google anything or check guides on lebbit/wiki. She just experiments and tries stuff on her own and it takes her a while since she has no experience with similar vidya. But it's so fun watching her try.

I just snuggle under a blanket next to her and spend and evening watching her do dumb crap.
>>
All I used the guide for originally was seeing who liked what gift, later on I used it for some of the more obscure late game quests
>>
>>390100461
demetrius doesn't give you the farm cave from friendship it happens when you earn over 20,000 - 25,000 G typically by the last week of spring you should get it
>>
>>390100826
My only criticisms of this game are the gifts and quests, very rarely will the villagers talk about what they like and dislike or drops hints, it basically becomes a constant trial and error, and the quests aren't very good, with a few exceptions all the quests are the same "go fetch/kill X amount of Y"
>>
Play a real Harvest Moon
>>
I stopped playing because I hated the mines. I just want to be a farmer I don't want to fuck around in uncomfy caves
>>
>>390100704
Yeah well I know that now, I just didn't want to rush straight into farming because I didn't really know how. Anyway, I can't upgrade anything because I need to water all of my crops to make more money so I can get lights for my house which is always pitch black at night. And should I have gone for bats instead of mushrooms? Mushrooms are good, the red and purple ones are worth a bit and I normally eat the brown ones now for stamina but apparently fruit is super valuable. I'm thinking of buying an apple tree and planting it.
>>
File: 1461057502451.jpg (30KB, 285x423px) Image search: [Google]
1461057502451.jpg
30KB, 285x423px
>there are people that can't figure out an almost 1:1 harvest moon copy
>>
>>390098497
fishing is an easy way to make money. Those rare fishes especially. I did quite good with this game. I wish it was longer.
>>
>>390100396
There's a sauna north of your house that totally restores stamina in a couple of in-game hours. I used that to keep farming and had about two or three sessions per day of getting shit done in the first year.
>>
>>390099496
It's not bad desu. It's easy money. I did pretty much everything.
>>
>>390101708
Thanks for that bit of advice for when I get the game.

>>390101604
Are those parts mandatory and tedious?
>>
>>390101604
>there are people that never played HM before
>>
>>390101359
every day check the television, if they say pic related for the next day you can upgrade your water can without your crops going thirsty
>>
File: kuruminha wut.png (307KB, 920x700px) Image search: [Google]
kuruminha wut.png
307KB, 920x700px
The most important question is...

...who did you made ur waifu?
>>
The mine can be annoying, but what I do is just use the elevator to go to the levels that have the ore I want and if there isn't any in the first level, I leave and come back. It took me until my second year to do this, but it's working out fine and I'm finally starting to get all the sprinklers I need.
I sold most of my animals and I'm going to try focusing on making berries into wine using blueberries, strawberries, hops, ancient fruit and eventually the rare seeds you can get from the traveling merchant.

I focused on just straight fishing in winter unless someone in the town specifically asked me for something from the mine.
>>
>>390098497

Get the mod that allows you to slow down how fast the time goes. Make it the same as Harvest Moon and turn it into game instead of a stressful chore.
>>
File: lA8E2DU.gif (944KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
lA8E2DU.gif
944KB, 264x320px
>>390101992
>>
>>390100715
anyone who doesn't play the game completely blind and at their own pace is probably a min/max autist who tells people to get gud in a fucking cutesy farming sim. see: this thread.
>>
>>390102079

Hippie redhead girl with hairy vag.
>>
>>390102079
Penny > Emily > Haley > Leah > Maru > Abigail
>>
>>390102713
>start rune factory 4
>keep getting blindsided by basic mechanics
>look up some beginner tips
>get some good info that makes me way more comfortable but also catch a glimpse of the potential minmax autism potential
>block it out of my mind and just play the game

i very nearly ruined things for myself. i gotta say though, the magnifying glass gives me a lot of info i only partially understand, and smashing corn/withered grass into the soil to get rid of red numbers is only going to satiate me for a limited time
>>
File: light-lol-2.gif (782KB, 223x223px) Image search: [Google]
light-lol-2.gif
782KB, 223x223px
>>390100396
>after collapsing from no energy the first time he didn't learn
>he didn't plant anything because he was stubbornly passing out clearing the farm for space he didn't need yet
>he just follows his waifu around not doing anything to make her like him

Holy shit anon
>>
I stopped playing after 100%ing my first run because I missed Rune Factory and its superior Characters, interaction, combat and exploration. Characters in this game run out of lines of dialog after the first year which is really disappointing.
The farming in Stardew Valley is pretty well done though. The detail and conveniences they put into farming rivals Rune Factory and is better than any Harvest Moon game. Also, I really like that this is on PC.

I'll go back to SV some day. Preferably when co-op never comes out. It was a fun ride for a great price.
>>
>>390102079
Jas
>>
>>390098976
>get the ability that makes all forage items purple star,

that's a perk?
>>
Funfact: The average /v/ player reaches the botton of the mine by mid summer of the first year.

Aka you suck.
>>
>>390098497
stop trying to do everything at once. there's PLENTY of time to do everything. do the mines when it rains so you dont have to worry about watering crops. if you dont get down far enough dont worry that's what winter is for since nothing grows outside and you can easily level up mining. dont even worry about town shit for the first year.
>>
>>390103732
so? its an open ended game with no time limit or real penalties. its not a race to get everything done as quickly as possible.
>>
>>390100396
Holy shit you are bad at this game. Like, most other people would have some kind of VAGUE notion about time/resource management, even the stupider ones. But you stumbled through it like a fucking clueless drunk.
>>
>>390101992
my nigger I first played HM when I was 10 with a passing knowledge of english and managed to figure the game out.
>>
File: 474-5-1467524790.jpg (648KB, 880x800px) Image search: [Google]
474-5-1467524790.jpg
648KB, 880x800px
>>390102079
Elliott
>>
>>390100396
I dont know if this is pasta or there is someone this retarded to struggle on the most casual game ever, go and play tetris, but maybe thats much for you already
>>
>>390100396
It may be not a real simulator but you have to actually think of what you are doing.
When i played stardew i allways cleaned my field, water my crops, feed my animals and talked to all the people. After that you can do anything really, but only 1 per day.
>>
>>390098497
Can a potato run this game?
My friend burned herself out on Animal Crossing and Fable 3 (she's reaaaaaaaaaaaaallllly obsessive, like a depressed middle aged mom on an extremely limited fixed income) and she's looking for something new to not shut the fuck up constantly about.
>>
>>390108887
I run it on my 2012 MacBook Pro
>>
>>390102713
It's better to play that way but I still had to check on the area of effect for the scarecrow.
>>
>>390109323
Can she play it in bed on a laptop with one broken arm?
>>
>>390109408
Jesus christ the life of your friend is extremely depressing and it's bringing me down.
>>
>>390108887
I played Fable 3 for the first time just a few days ago. It doesn't take much to burn yourself out on that, since there's no sense of achievement and barely any content. Probably the easiest game I've ever beaten in a single day.
>>
File: 60rc.jpg (68KB, 761x504px) Image search: [Google]
60rc.jpg
68KB, 761x504px
>>390109408
If that's the case she should play old school runescape. OSRS revamped and hosted by Jagex themselves. It's legit af.
>>
>>390108887
>Can a potato run this game?
its a 2d game you could probably run it on a printer like doom.
>>
>>390109408
Sure, after rebinding the keys. There's some combat but it's not hard and even if you lose it's not especially punishing. Most of the time it's just about getting a good angle on an enemy and spamming attack.
>>
>>390109408
Can she use her broken arm? Which arm is broken?
>>
>>390109534
She's my best friend's mom and she's in a bad way
>>390109603
>>390109706
>>390109960
She likes to roleplay, which is why she was so obsessed with Fable 3, and especially Animal Crossing. She literally took her SD card full of City Folk screenshots to Walgreens to have them printed out. She also talks about her conversations with the villagers as though they were real people.
>>390109753
Yeah, but some 2D games are so unoptimized that people complain about issues
>>
>>390110601
I wish her all the best anon. Have a good night.
>>
>>390110556
I forget which one it is, actually. She can't bend it completely because when she broke it they had to put a screw in her shoulder. Her fingers hurt her sometimes since she sprained her ankle and tried to catch herself with her broken arm but the hospital won't see her because she still owes like $200,000 from her physical therapy appointments. She just got denied SSI even though she's legally mostly deaf.
And I just realize how seriously off-topic I'm being.
>>
>>390110793
Stardew Valley requires One hand on keyboard for movement/item selection and another on mouse for interaction. It's a pretty comfy game, she'll get at least 50 hours out of it. Alternatively, you could save yourself $20 and just push a pillow against her face for 3 minutes.
>>
>>390111058
I was intending on pirating it since she can't go online to install it herself anyway.
Sorry, Stardew Valley dev. Your sacrifice will not be in vain.
>>
>>390100396
This post made me laugh
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.