[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh don't mind me, I'm just a modern masterpiece that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 18

File: 7.png (602KB, 690x680px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
602KB, 690x680px
Oh don't mind me, I'm just a modern masterpiece that got overlooked by everyone
>>
Why does Arkane shill so hard?
>>
>>390085786
I'll get it when it's under $20. Maybe.
>>
>>390085864
This. This flop game is still being brought up? No one cares!
>>
bioshock clone
>>
File: Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg (45KB, 288x345px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg
45KB, 288x345px
Modern masterpiece thread?
>>
>>390085786
Just a better system Shock 2, and since system shock 1 is better then 2 I'll pass
>>
>>390086107
I guess
>>
>>390086107
Bloodborne actually sold pretty well and is an industry darling
>>
>>390085786
Masterpiece is subjective, but it honestly is a brilliant game.

>>390086005
Obviously never played it, and it seems like you are kind of ignorant of the SHOCK games as a whole.

>>390086152
>SS is better than SS2.
wut
>>
>>390085786
>modern masterpiece
Actually kill yourself you Gen Z retard.
>>
I'm glad it failed.
They shouldn't have recycled the Prey name. I fucking hate it when games do that.
>>
It's pretty good but as with all of arkane's games post Arx there are too many compromises made to appeal to a broader audience
>>
Great game, had fun playing it the whole way through. The ending made me fucking furious though. Seriously garbage ending, so much so that i can't bring myself to replay the game actually using alien power.
>>
>>390088483
Prey isn't as bad as Dishonored in that regard at least
>>
>>390087889
Yes SS 1 is better then 2
>>
File: 1490551476967.png (587KB, 604x675px) Image search: [Google]
1490551476967.png
587KB, 604x675px
>Bioshock in space
>modern masterpiece
>>
>>390085786
more like mastershit
>>
>>390085786

>shit enemy design
>shit gunplay
>boring powers
>easy twist to guess

The only GOOD things it does is that in the intro, you can fuck with the environment on the helipad and it remains on the platform as a 'yeah its a simulation' and the goo gun. Other than that, it's a bit shit and there's nothing redeeming about the game.

It lacks the powers of Bioshock.
It lacks the mobility of Dishonored
It lacks the story and effort of System Shock 2.

It tried to mash all 3 together and failed. Arkane does good work but Prey really isn't that.
>>
>>390088071
This. It might be a good game with clever writing but I'll never know because the shenanigans that brought us a game named Prey killed a game named Prey 2.
>>
>>390085786
I thought it was ok, better than most Western AAA games this year. I hope the poor sales don't discourage Arkane from making another game like this, they should realize a big part of the reason this failed was the name and marketing
>>
>>390090786
If they'd called it something like Prey: Mimicry, I would've purchased it.
But I have an incredible distaste for when movies or video games release a new entry with the same title as an old one.
>>
>>390090786
This game had nothing to do with Prey 2's death. Why do you even think that? Bethesda just made Arkane use the IP they own.
>>
>>390085872
It's 16 bucks on cdkeys.
>>
>Prey
meh
>>
>>390090786
>>390092668
This is so childish and petty. You know Bethesda pushed that name on them so they could keep the rights to it. Nobody makes games like this anymore, immersive sims are dying because they're niche, we don't have the luxury to pass on them because of such asinine reasons. It might be a long time before someone makes something comparable to this again.

>inb4 System Shock remake
>>
GOTY for me without a doubt. Does everything Bioshock tried to do better except for voice acting.
>>
>>390095034
the title is ambiguous and the original prey didn't really establish a franchise or anything so it doesn't bother me
I don't have much hope for the ss1 remake or ss3 as otherside haven't even delivered their ultima underworld reboot/successor yet
>>
>>390095034
They could've added a subtitle. They could've done literally anything but call it just "Prey".
>>
>>390085786
Explain to me why it's a modern masterpiece and I'll buy it as soon as I get home.

Hard mode: Explain why I should buy this over Yakuza 0 this month.
>>
File: 1273032677625.jpg (66KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1273032677625.jpg
66KB, 400x303px
This thread lacks a great soundtrack.
https://youtu.be/L-l_Eq42Hrs
>>
>>390088071
>>390090786
>hipsters acting like anyone gave a shit about the original Prey or Prey 2
>>
>>390095908
It might sounds pretentious as a title, but it was what the developers intended the player to feel like, a prey that is.
>>
>>390096286
Hipsters still exist? I thought they all died when snapchat overrun instagram in 2015.
>>
>>390095908
But they didn't, and you aren't ever going to play it because of it's name, you silly, silly man.

>>390096195
It's a spiritual successor to System Shock, many people will compare it Bioshock but Bioshock removes a few too many rpg elements for my liking, like the inventory. If you wanted a slower paced, more open Bioshock like game, with an emphasize on exploration and survival than this will be good for you.
>>
>>390096656
It's got the horror and all that?
>>
>>390094597
b-but I don't trust greymarket shit
>>
>>390097159
I buy keys from them all the time and have never had an issue.
>>
>>390097298
I'll consider it.
>>
>tfw Arkane are actually making good games with interesting gameplay mechanics and neat stories
>tfw you can't even discuss them without being called a shill
>Their games sell like shit because children dislike using their brains
>>
>>390097039
More horror than Bioshock, and there is some tense moments, but you get used to it pretty quick. It's not really meant to be a horror game, but rather have a good atmosphere that can lead to unsettling moments.
>>
Going the psi route in SS2 was a shitty experience. It was only viable if you poured every last point into psi and even then psi hypos were too goddamn scarce.

Prey, on the other hand, went too far in the other direction, with the result that investing in typhon powers basically turns you into a god. Also, they were way too liberal with distributing your level-up ampoules (forgot what they're called). Other than that, it was a damn solid game and definitely the only one worthy of actually calling itself a spiritual successor to SS2.
>>
>>390097039
Yes but I wouldn't call it a horror game. I hate jump scares in games because they are usually scripted and feel stupid and cheap, but because the most common enemy in Prey are mimics it lends itself well to organically created scares. Any object could be a mimic, they move around and turn into other objects unscripted, its part of their AI and it often scares the shit out of you. It's especially spooky when you notice that an object in the room isn't there anymore, so you know you aren't alone.
>>
>>390097375
feels bad, it's only a matter of time before bethesda stops funding their games or starts meddling in them too much
>>
>>390097582
>>390097691
That sounds fuckin awesome. I'm sold.
>>
>>390098039
I will warn you that isn't a game that intends you to feel strong. Many of the weapons are tools and a lot of the guns and powers feel weak. You aren't a soldier, you're a scientist, the game encourages you to avoid fights if you can. Resources are limited.
>>
>>390085786
Because I feel like there's no way I'll ever like fighting little shadow crabs with glue guns while taking quest from jews.

Faggot shills like you just keep saying it's a masterpiece but in the end you never have a single actual argument.

I also know the game ends by the world lamest plot twist know to man, too.
>>
>>390098360
>Why would I read the thread? I'm here to shitpost
>>
If you haven't done a no nueromod run yet you haven't experienced the game fully.
>>
>>390098039
>>390098351
Play on hard and upgrade the shotgun and you're golden
>>
>>390098360
>I don't want to acknowledge good level/world design that works around mechanics
>>
File: 20170912131521_1.jpg (365KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170912131521_1.jpg
365KB, 1920x1080px
>>390098360

Say what you want about the end twist, but the twist involving Morgan and Mikhaila's father was actually really well done and rewards the player for exploring and taking their time with the game considering you can miss it completely if you don't. The story is pretty great if you actually spend more than a few hours speedrunning the thing.
>>
>>390098351
>I will warn you that isn't a game that intends you to feel strong. Many of the weapons are tools and a lot of the guns and powers feel weak. You aren't a soldier, you're a scientist, the game encourages you to avoid fights if you can. Resources are limited.

Mate, you can upgrade to run sanic fast and wail on people with a wrench so hard that you knock them into the next dimension. Make your guns hit like a fucking truck and buy mods that make those trucks hit like bigger trucks, and upgrade your PSI powers to be a wizard.
>>
File: Prey Nerf Gun.webm (3MB, 702x394px) Image search: [Google]
Prey Nerf Gun.webm
3MB, 702x394px
>Several skill trees
>Each area has doors locked with certain skills required to pass. Hacking, strength etc
>HURR BUT LETS GIVE EVERYONE THE OPTION OF THROWING A GRENADE OR FIRING A DART TO COMPLETELY INVALIDATE THE CHOICES PLAYERS MADE XDDD
>>
>>390099034
Not all the time and it gives you many options.
>>
>>390098883
But all I care about is turning into small useless objects
>>
>>390099034
I've got to admit, that mechanic was pretty cool, but I can only remember 2 places where it was actually useful: the one in your webm, and when you need to get into the mourge to find the dead scientist.
>>
File: 1486768347660.jpg (43KB, 918x749px) Image search: [Google]
1486768347660.jpg
43KB, 918x749px
>>390096281

Fucking love the music in this game
>>
>>390085864
Nobody here actually shills, you guys are fucking retarded and most of people who scream that never even played it.

Prey is really good, the only objectively bad thing about it is Bethesda's fault (like always, lmao) because they pushed for the retarded name in spite of the fact that it would invite controversy and piss off the original Prey's fans.
>>
>>390085786
The "enemies turn into objects" gimmick was executed on a really shit level that invalidated pretty much the whole gimmick.
Also Arkane haven't made a good game since DMoMM.
>>
>>390085864

From the perspective of a guy who has been into RPG's since the 90's , they made a title that can proudly stand alongside Deus Ex and SS2 as the top tier immersive sim, for all I know they are worthy of threads and I'll suck their dicks for free.
>>
File: 1504517905118.jpg (70KB, 768x449px) Image search: [Google]
1504517905118.jpg
70KB, 768x449px
>>390099034
>you have more than one option of dealing with the problem, not to mention that it's really clever and most people won't find out about it
>still bother to give you hidden ways of accessing rooms in spite of that, like the maintenance robot opening the morgue doors if you wait long enough
>HURRRR I'M A MAD RETARD THIS IS BAD DURF DURF
K i l l y o u r s e l f.
>>
>>390085786
I still don't get it why they named it Prey. It scared some consumers cause original Prey was shit. Should have just create new ip.
>>
>>390099489
I wish I had a d mom
>>
>>390099489
>The "enemies turn into objects" gimmick was executed on a really shit level that invalidated pretty much the whole gimmick.
I like how you don't explain this in any detail and yet you've still bothered to waste your time posting that shit, like anyone is actually going to look at that and go "yeah, fair enough" or change their opinion. Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>390099165

It could also be used in combat to block enemies from chasing you. Most notably The Nightmare.

I didn't really use the crossbow for it but used remote manipulation instead for the same purpose. The crossbow just existed to provide a non-typhon way of using remote manipulation.
>>
>>390085786
the monster design is so boring
>>
>>390099603
It completely invalidates the RPG progression system and any degree of player choice. There is no defending this
>>
>>390099489

I thought it was really neat to put enemies that turn into loot into a game where you spend lots of time looting things.

The biggest problem was that they didn't use greater mimics more often since they were much more stealthy than regular ones.
>>
>>390099867
I know it's supposed to make sense or some dumb shit (except nightmare okay fucken whatever), but all they had to do was make the phantoms all move and look different and it would have had good monster variety.
>>
>>390099768
>always pop up the moment you come relatively close instead of actually preying on you
>even if they do pop out of their disguise out of your field of vision, the shitty frog fart battle music makes sure to warn you of danger
Its shit.
>>
>>390099880
No because you still get to use those abilities in plenty of areas and they do other things than just remove environmental obstacles. Leverage lets you throw items at enemies for damage, hacking lets you make operators and turrets fight for you permanently. (Especially useful to have hacking if you invest in typhon enough to cause turrets to be hostile)

Just because Recycler grenades and the crossbow let you get into some areas doesn't mean they work everywhere either.
>>
File: undertale title.jpg (5KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
undertale title.jpg
5KB, 460x215px
>>390086107
Alright.
>>
>>390099880
Instead of throwing out big statements maybe bother explaining them first, we don't have a fucking direct feed to what's going on in your head.

There's ZERO connection between being able to solve a problem in more than one way and somehow invalidating player choice, and even if it was, you've been told that not every area can be cheesed with the bow/gloo, etc. There's shit like that in the very first module that you start it, for fucks sake.
>>
File: well, are you.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
well, are you.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>390089817
>Bioshock in space
>>
I really want to like this game but its really fucking boring
>>
File: Game.png (2MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
Game.png
2MB, 1280x738px
>>390096281
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOGu05q-Ch4
>>
>>390100293
Yeah, it's more like system shock in space, honestly.
>>
>>390100104
Could've been improved on that front, sure. But that's just something that could've been explored further, I don't see how that absolutely makes the whole thing shit.
>>
wat
>>
>>390100368
>I have an atention span disorder, and yet I feel like my opinion is worth sharing anyway
The above sentence sums /v/ up pretty well I think.
>>
>>390100403
Because it defeats the whole purpose of suspecting every surrounding item of being a mimic. Battle music is the worst offenser, it kills the suspense. How is the player supposed to feel afraid turning their back to mundane household objects like that?
>inb4 turn off the music
>>
>>390086238
Been wanting to play this, but I'm afraid I'll just get an older Fallout without any of the great writing (so, pretty much the best thing about Black Isle's works) mixed with Metro 2033.
>>
Bought it and loved it.

Then the ending ruined it for me.
>>
game would have been top tier if the story had been better and the enemies more menacing.
>>
>>390100278
There is no room in the game that access can only be gained through the use of a skill. There is always another way in that requires little more than throwing a grenade or shooting a dart. It completely invalidates player choice to have such an out
>>
>>390100592
>inb4 turn off the music
I've played with it turned off anyway because I like to listen to other shit when I'm playing, haven't had any trouble with immersing myself in spite of that. Why are you acting so smug when you're essentially refusing to very easily fix the thing that would've fixed your problem immediately? Are you retarded?

Besides, from what I've remember, the combat music doesn't start until the mimic actually jumps you, so what the fuck does that have to do with suspense anyway?
>>
>>390098039
Not the guy shilling you this game. But I want to give you my 2 cents : yes, Prey is really a good game.

But there are some pretty ugly flaws. The 2 most obvious ones are an extremely limited bestiary, and a lack of originality for the weapons.

If you can accept these 2 issues, the game in itself is very, like very good. Top tier level design (you'll explore the whole ship, like whole), great art direction, good RPG elements, nice narration (though one of the endings is a fucking spoiler), great atmosphere... And by the end of the game, you'll probably become a fucking monster thanks to all the powerups. Some builds are a blast to play.
>>
>>390100792
>fix the bad design yourself!
That's hardly an argument.
>Besides, from what I've remember, the combat music doesn't start until the mimic actually jumps you, so what the fuck does that have to do with suspense anyway?
I never bought it, only played the demo, and there it was definitely not the case.
>>
>>390100650
The ending was my favorite part. I hope we get a sequel where we play as a fully awakened Typhon mutant with mirror brain cells
>>
>>390100623
great worldbuilding, little focus on character dialog/interraction, fantastic combat and build creation. thats underrail in a nutshell.
>>
>>390085786
Oh don't mind me, I'm just a formulaic shit that get praised by fetuses
>>
>>390085786
as a system shock fan this game is pretty much everything I ever wanted to see in a system shock 3. Arkane outdid themselves
>>
>>390100962
I wouldn't have minded it if it didn't boil down to a A or B choice and instead took how you upgraded your character or acted during the game.
>>
One of the better games this year. Pretty open in how you play it and what order you do stuff in. There are a few 'must dos' that are obvious in order.

Could use more weapons and enemies. But, to be honest, I had a hoot.
>>
>>390100772
Piano room, the very first area of the game. You won't get it unless you mimic in or hack your way in (hack three, I think) through two different spots. You can fuck around with the crossbow but you won't get in that way, no other thing to do other than having the beforementioned skills.

It's a retarded thing to complain about anyway since you're essentially mad that the game treats you like a smart person and rewards smart behavior. That doesn't invalidate player choice since at the very end of the day you're allowed to pick these skills and they will aid you in various ways if you do.

You could've complained about the typhon powers not being varied enough, about the final threat being kind of a shitty thing that had more potential behind it, about them showering you with neuromods through allowing crafting of them very early on, etc. And you decide to shit on one of the best things about it that makes it an above-average immersive sim. Typical fucking /v/.
>>
>>390098039
- Mimics turning into objects is a meme, barely affects gameplay
- Story is weak
- Enemies are very lame, literally ink blotches and robots, that's it. Very disappointing if you expect something memorable like SS2
- Weapons are very uninteresting
Other than that it's a pretty solid bioshock/ss spiritual sequel
>>
>>390100961
>That's hardly an argument.
Maybe not, but denying that you're retarded for not easily fixing it yourself isn't something you should do either. Mimics do get old the further you get into the game, but they're always a threat to a degree, and I jumped quite a few times from that. The only thing you can blame them for is not taking the concept further, but that's gamedev.
>>
File: 1474809054853.png (68KB, 448x334px) Image search: [Google]
1474809054853.png
68KB, 448x334px
>>390099880
>give more player choices
>invalidate player choices
What did he inquires by this statement?
>>
>>390101067
good thing ss3 is still coming
>>
>>390101039
>little focus on character dialog/interraction
Isn't that a pretty big negative? It advertizes itself as an old-school roleplaying game after all, and that was a necessity in most of these.
>>
>>390100961
>I only played the demo
I can tell you fucking retard, this was the first issue fixed.
>>
>>390101389
If there were less mimics and they were more deadly their impact would have been better. They could have had some other type of cannon fodder instead
>>
>>390101515
it is what it is, really. theres no point trying to cover it up; underrail focuses a lot less on character dialog than other games might, and a lot more on combat/exploration. that said there are still neat characters, but they're not as fleshed out as they could be. i found myself getting drawn into the wider mystery of the underrail itself rather than getting attached to any one character, a lot of the worldbuilding is told through the environment and from crap you find lying around.
>>
>>390101698
imo a more "the thing-inspired" design with teeth and appendages where there shouldn't be any would have been more interesting imo.
>>
>>390101698
disagree there. the game needed a shitload more mimics. by the halfway point all youre fighting are phantoms and floating balls of shit that fire lasers
>>
>>390101827
Cool. From what you're saying it seems like a reverse of Dragonfall/Hong Kong in that it's more about the overall lore and mechanics instead of the narrative, characters and interactions. It's a shame because I fucking loved these, but maybe the opposite will be cool. Will check it out after a sale.
>>
>>390100792
Yeah I do the same with movies. I mute them, put on subtitles and just listen to porn instead.
>>
>>390101949
Naw mayne they just needed to change enemy progression more less shit overall but more deadly force you to invest more resources into fights, game dumps way too much shit on you.
>>
Did anyone else hate fighting in zero gravity? I felt i couldnt dodge any of the more serious enemies, tecnopaths blasting you whenever they felt like it was a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>390102080
Not the same thing, and I don't believe that you're stupid enough to actually believe what you're saying. Why bother trolling and why bother throwing out comparisons that don't fit? Games don't equal movies, that's the fact. Why would you even pretend otherwise?

>>390102257
The movement itself was really fucking good, especially once you get used to the q and e keys. But it was a bit bad for combat, I agree. I think they realized that and that's why 90% of enemies in zero-G are cystoids.
>>
>>390102257
I liked it but like everything with the game, it goes on too long and after a few times, doesn't introduce anything new to encourage it. That said, still like the game a lot and pleasantly surprised, I hated bioshock 1, 2, and infinite (never played the system shock games).
>>
>>390102257
literally just combat focus and ammo dump. i didnt even bother with cystoids. you can throw a lure and watch them chase it out into the depths of space.
>>
>>390085786
I'm still playing it and it's damn good
>>
>>390099165
In the morgue area I just used the mimicry ability
>>
>>390085786
Fuck off Arkane. All of your games are fucking trash.
>>
>>390097314
just pirate it
>>
>>390102916
t. Todd Howard
>>
>>390099326

I agree that Prey is a good game but shilling on message boards is a confirmed thing. It goes back at least as far as Driv3r, which means the process of feeling it out and getting the basic procedure ironed out happened sometime before that - it probably goes as far back as Usenet.
>>
>>390089625
this
>>390096286
also this. kids fucking crying about the name kys
>>
>>390102916
t. Razorfist
>>
File: is dis synth serious.jpg (894KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
is dis synth serious.jpg
894KB, 1920x1080px
>>390102937
>>
>>390086107
Oh fuck off, its fun and all but its not even the best of the series, nor is it truly an unnerving eldritch horror game.

It could have, and should have been of much higher quality, most of the set pieces lose all weight the moment you see them the second time around, save for The Hunter's Dream.
>>
>>390085786
The good, the bad, and the ugly. Its a meh game, good moments and bad. Im having more fun breaking stuff and throwing in to enemies. The combat is ok, the story and the mix of the majority of the characters is not the best plus some moments it becomes silly. The lore found in books and other databases are interesting.
>>
>>390085786
>modern masterpiece

two enemies, game makes the player uncomfortable and unnecessarily tense/not relaxing/enjoyable mood with "anything can be enemy", can't enjoy the game at any point
>>
How recent is modern
>>390096281
sounds like soundcloud dubstep shite
>>
>>390098039
advice: upgrade and use the stun gun. OP as hell vs machines (technopaths ARE machines) and the stun duration is ridiculous early game
>>
>>390085786
This but unironically
>>
>>390099034
If this game truly lets you fire a crossbow at a touch screen to navigate the menus, I'm glad that I haven't played it.

That's one of the most ludicrous things I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1504197801379.jpg (207KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
1504197801379.jpg
207KB, 720x537px
>>390103542
>Oh man, this game has a really neat but kinda silly mechanic
>Glad I avoided that shit
>>
>>390103542

What's it like being a jaded fuck?
>>
>>390103852
>>390104071
he's just a thirsty succboi fishing for (You)s
>>
>>390103852
>really neat but kinda silly mechanic
How is it a neat mechanic? It makes absolutely no sense, and anything else could have worked better.

For fuck's sake, if this game has perks and abilities like I've read, than why the fuck couldn't they have added some kind of telepathy, or some variant of tool that could extend to navigate such touch screens?

Next thing you'll tell me is that Silent Hill Downpour's combat system is a "Really neat but silly mechanic" you fucking twat.
>>
>>390104185
It's a neat mechanic since it gives you one more way into places and is a way that makes sense.
>>
>>390104071
>>390104108
I'm someone who has standards for gameplay mechanics, excuse me for not playing every poorly realized game that has a nice aesthetic such as Prey.

Nobody should defend such a silly idea.
>>
>>390104185
All of that is in the game you fucking twat.

It's just another way to solve a problem, a fun little toy, and your bitching about it like a turboautist.
>>
>>390104489

>I'm someone who has autism

fixed
>>
>>390104489
>I'm someone who has standards
Hahahaha holy fuck is this real. Neck yourself m8.
>>
thanks op, you convinced me to pirate it.
>>
>>390104458
>It's a neat mechanic since it gives you one more way into places
>makes sense

When's the last time you shot a crossbow? Those things do not fuck about, and would break any touch screen. I find it to be a nonsensical way to make a puzzle.

Even if this is "the future".
>>
>>390104671
>this LITERAL NERF BOWGUN doesn't shatter shit
Holy shit you are fucking retarded
>>
>>390104671
holy shit im laffin
>>
>>390104629
>>390104570
Great defense.

>>390104536
So this game has the resources to make a challenging puzzle, and yet it lets itself resort to the simplistic idea of shooting at monitors.

That's just as braindead as shooting a lever to make it switch positions.
>>
>>390104671
It's a nerf bow you turbofag
>>
>>390104907
>got called out for not knowing it was a nerf gun
>"it's too simplistic"
You already fucked up buddy, just leave.
>>
File: Optimism isn't Autism.jpg (593KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Optimism isn't Autism.jpg
593KB, 1920x1080px
>>390104671
Yeah man how comes this fucking DnD nerd toy that fires nerf bolts doesn't shatter glass? Consider my immersion in this alternate reality future sci-fi moon orbiting scientific space station infested with shapeshifting multidimensional parasites RUINED!
>>
Its not as good as SS2, it needed more time in development. Still better than 99% of the modern games though.
>>
>>390105013
>>390104936
>>390104717
I have no defense for not understanding that its a nerf gun other than not playing the game, yet I still find it to be just as unsavory of a game mechanic.

If this is what falls under the category of "enjoyable gameplay" for you folks, then I suppose I should start eating memes and drinking PewDiePie every day until I find it enjoyable as well, because apparently its THAT GOOD.
>>
>>390104671
>Thinks it is an actual crossbow

Holy shit anon.
>>
>>390105495
What do you have against it being a mechanic? You keep telling us to defend it but you haven't given a reason why it is bad.
>>
>>390101389
mimics have really cool moments as often as they look retarded, i wouldn't say it's just a meme
the story is good if you actually read text logs and piece everything together instead of just listening to mandatory audio logs like modern bioshock bullshit feeds you
the enemies and weapons are boring, yeah
>>
>>390105495
>i don't understand or know things about this game but i'm the authority of what's fun or not
Shut the fuck up twat
>>
File: retard.jpg (8KB, 168x195px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
8KB, 168x195px
>>390105495
>>
>>390105589
Because shooting arrow to screens are stupid
>>
I LOVE mimics as a concept so the amount of missed potential in this game actually hurts.
>>
>>390106665
>Shooting nerf bolts specifically modified to have a tactile rubber tips designed to interact with touch screen interfaces is stupid
The only stupid one here is you.
>>
File: 14299149221356.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
14299149221356.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>390103328
>plays survival horror game
>is dismayed when the atmosphere is tense
>>
>>390105495
>uhm..uhm..it's still simples have some buzzwords
You are a monument to stupidity
>>
>>390106665
So since you think it's stupid, tbat's the final verdict?

I'm personally glad your just a neckbeard in your parents basement and not a game dev that's for sure
>>
>>390102916

The fuck you say?

Arx Fatalis is a great game. Dark Messiah is a great game. Dishonored is a great game.
>>
>>390099603
>most people won't find out about it
The area you get the crossbow blueprint has several emails between co-workers telling each other they used it to hit buttons and screens
>>
Needed some more enemy variety and a better ending.
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.