[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to pick up a Switch and BOTW, but what other games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

File: swaggle.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
swaggle.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
I'm about to pick up a Switch and BOTW, but what other games do you recommend for the Switch?
>>
Apparently that new Mario + Rabbids game is really good. If you're into strategy games I guess. I personally haven't tried it myself so maybe some other anons who have can give their opinion.
>>
I enjoy ARMS a lot, more than Splatoon 2 even since it seems like the Devs are actually putting effort and listening to what people want with each update.

I'd recommend Sonic Mania and Mario Kart 8 if you don't have them already.
>>
Mario Kart is a must have if you have friends.

10/10 with friends
>>
File: 2349041-arle.png (312KB, 399x640px) Image search: [Google]
2349041-arle.png
312KB, 399x640px
How active is the Puyo Puyo Tetris online?
>>
File: third.png (4MB, 1440x1160px) Image search: [Google]
third.png
4MB, 1440x1160px
As a switch owner, I suggest you wait. Switch is nice but its not going to have a reason ot justify its purchase for several months. I bought mine at launch with BOTW and about a week later I was bored with it. ARMS is really not as fun as people make it out to be unless you have friends really into it. And Splat2 is jsut more of Splat 1 with an equally cancerous fanbase. Odyssey and Xeno 2 look good, but unless thats enough to get you to buy one i'd say hold off till mid 2018, make the purchase actually worth it.

Pic related is all the third party we're expecting by the end of 2017 Note: SMTV/NMH are 2018).
>>
>>390078897
This, my zelda machine is collecting dust dince March.
>>
>>390077960
I unironically have played my PS4 at least 3X as much as my switch, and I only own 5 PS4 games, where as I own 8 switch games.
>>
File: 1272948192460.jpg (14KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1272948192460.jpg
14KB, 100x100px
Mario and rabbids is a must

get shovel knight if you havent played it.

Arms, Splaton, and Mario Kart are all personal preference
>>
>>390078897
Troll and I looks pretty bad from the pics I've seen
>>
File: ps4game.jpg (3MB, 4152x3456px) Image search: [Google]
ps4game.jpg
3MB, 4152x3456px
>>390079068
Same. I love my switch as a system but it seriously needs more games. The newest nintendo IPs really aren't doing it for me right now. I don't even want major multiplats for it, I just want more fun content and exclusive new content to justify the system's existence at this rate.
>>
>>390079515
I like the switch, but nintendo fans on here don't know when to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>390079515
>The newest nintendo IPs really aren't doing it for me right now.

How so?
>>
>>390077960
mario + rabbids and shovel knight. Puyo is fun, but i only play with the GF since she likes that puzzle shit. But seriously mario rabbids
>>
ARMS fucking sucks

splatoon 2 is amazing

the mario + rabbids one is apparently really good, but idk

everything else is mostly ass

download sonic mania and garou: mark of the wolves
>>
>>390077960
Splatoon 2
MHXX
>>
>>390079954
The vocal minority can be annoying, yes. specially when they incite console wars for the sake of anarchy.

>>390080047
They just don't. Don't get me wrong, I love nintendo but lately the newer installments jsut feel lackluster to me. I'm no stranger to replaying my games, and I love doing so every 2-3 years, primarily SNES-Gamecube, but I feel a lot of the newer takes on older franchises haven't been as strong. I didn't enjoy 3D world much compared to 64/sunshine/galaxy, Odyssey I have mixed feelings about. I don't enjoy the new formula of BOTW compared to ALTTP-Twilight princess, New metroid just doesn't look appealing to me, Mercury steam being a prime factor behind that. The only new-age installments I really enjoyed were Xenoblade, Punch-out!!!, Donkey Kong Returns/Tropical freeze, and Kid icarus Uprising.

Frankly I think i'm just tired of the same old IPS when I already own and replay the older ones fairly often. I want to see more new ideas like Ever oasis, Arms, etc. and I'm far more excited for new ground versus old ground.
>>
>>390080503
Whoops forgot to add Sin and punishment Star Successor
>>
>>390077960
Splatoon 2, Mario x Rabbids, MK8D, Fast RMX, Sonic Mania and Blaster Master Zero.
>>
>>390078302
It's really damn great even if you don't.
>>
>>390078181

I've only just finished the first (of 4 relatively large) worlds, and im going through the challenges for that world now. The base game isn't too hard; the challenge for the main missions is to "perfect" them, as in, finish in the allotted turns without any characters being KO'd. After finishing a World, you can go back through again to complete 10 challenges (at least 10 in the first world).
>>
>>390077960
Sonic Mania
Fast RMX
Blaster Master
Stardew Valley soon
Splatoon if you're into that

I'm enjoying Lego Worlds but it's probably better on PC
Minecraft is a good fit on switch if you're autistic enough
>>
>>390081167
>Stardew Valley soon
*With multiplayer
>>
File: 1496940629698.gif (212KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496940629698.gif
212KB, 550x400px
This thread only made me realize how shitty this decade has been for nintendo, god damn.
>>
>>390077960
Splatoon 2
MK8D
Mario+Rabbids
upcoming 3rd party of your choice
>>
Has Been Heroes is cheap and challenging. Lots of shit unlocks every time you beat it.
>>
>>390083535
Why?
>>
>All these MK8D responses

No offense, but why? If you like racing games would you buy ACTUAL racing games on the market? MK8D is hardly a racer, and I cant imagine you're not bored of the 20 something tracks over and over. so why?
>>
Bloodborne
>>
>>390083896
there's over 40 tracks, actually.

And it's fun
>>
>>390083872
the top recommendations are literally a new zelda, a port of mario kart, and marioXrabbids. Its sad to think other interesting nintendo IPs arent a factor here, and people are buying it just for the same tired old mario and zelda shit. whats next? pokemon?
>>
>>390078897
Pic related is missing several 3rd parties coming this year, though you are right BoTW is the only game on the Switch right now that I'd say is a MUST play(Mario+Rabbids is good but not for everyone)
>>
File: Dis5.jpg (1MB, 1585x2205px) Image search: [Google]
Dis5.jpg
1MB, 1585x2205px
Fucking Disgaea 5, same genre as MarioxRabbids but with a lot more content and gameplay depth and no forced party members.
Also literally the best way to use the handheld mode.
>tfw playing in bed with my hands under the covers and the screen resting on a pillow
10/10
>>
>>390084032
>Pic related is missing several 3rd parties coming this year,
Like? last update was august 15th
>>
>>390084325
OK maybe several was a stretch but off the top of my head Resident Evil Revelations 1&2 LA Noire and some weebshit I can't remember the name of
>>
>>390084031
>whats next? pokemon?
I wish.
Dropping a (literally) new Zelda isn't a small occurrence. Every Zelda game is big deal to the entire industry and they all have a huge development time. Having a Zelda title on launch is probably the absolute best thing you could have going for it.

And don't pretend like mario rabbids isn't one of the biggest surprise games in years.

It's a baby console anon, and it's had about the best launch possible, and it's beginning to garner more third party support than Nintendo has had in several generations. You're trying really hard to be negative about it.
>>
File: DIgmHpCVAAADYR2.jpg-large.jpg (209KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DIgmHpCVAAADYR2.jpg-large.jpg
209KB, 1280x720px
>>390077960
Turf Masters, Graceful Explosion Machine and Splatoon 2
>>
File: ob_acac70_fast-rmx-gamopat.png (317KB, 716x376px) Image search: [Google]
ob_acac70_fast-rmx-gamopat.png
317KB, 716x376px
and FAST RMX is good if you want a wipeout type game
>>
File: copen select.png (46KB, 384x240px) Image search: [Google]
copen select.png
46KB, 384x240px
>>390077960
Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack
>>
>>390078635
I play it daily, but get mostly matched up against br and japs lately
>>
>>390085705
isnt that 3DS only?
>>
>>390086331
nope, got a Switch release
although if you want a physical release you might wait for a while
>>
Shit is slow right now with the switch. Odyssey coming next month is good, and we are probably getting XC2 soon after. But other than that, it is basically a BOTW, splatoon, Mario kart machine with some indies. I don't think that is bad, I still play splatoon somewhat regularly. I pop in for a match maybe once a day, and I picked up sonic mania, but desu it is hard for me to recommend the switch to anyone who isn't already excited about either its prospects, or something it has to offer right now.

I still think it has a lot of potential though. And if you do really like the idea of playing kind of arcadey games on the go, there are a couple available that feels designed for that. You have Puyo, kart, splatoon, sonic mania, Isaac, fast rmx, disgaea, maybe rabbids but I haven't actually got that yet. The system and its library feels like it is designed around me taking a shit and playing a quick game. I like that, but I'm also starting to want something that involves completion. I don't think it has that aside from BotW and some short indies. I feel like xenoblade might be that game. Everything else kind of feels like multiplayer or getting a high score or something. I feel like sonic mania, if you are going to keep playing it, is all about speed running or getting a high score, for instance.
>>
>>390087389
I dunno man splatoon could carry me the rest of the year alone
>>
>>390077960
Disgaea 5 complete if you haven't played it before, ARMS is great but not for everyone, and Splatoon 2. Also Mario & Rabbids is a great 20-40 hour game that's pleasing to look at and the combat system is great fun when you launch a character into the air and keep shooting at them.
>>
>>390078897
Wheres Resident Evil? or Sonic Mania? Or Xenoverse 2? At least keep this shit up to date.
>>
>>390087507

And I can see that as a valid pitch for the system. I love splatoon, but I also played it on Wii U and I think the density of time in going to put into that peaked back then. I seem to play most when salmon run is open because I appreciate the new game mode. But if anyone is still hyped on splatoon or maybe even new to it, it's addicting as fuck.
>>
>>390077960
if you like an easy to get into fighting game, I would recommend Pokken Tournament DX
if you can't get into fighting games at all and value single player experience, I wouldnt recommend it for you though
>>
>>390080149
ARMS doesn't fucking suck you pleb get good and put more hours into it. it's a great game to play with online friends.
>>
Anyone else mostly holding off because they're convinced that there's gonna be a new version of the Switch that's much better?

I dunno, having 400 versions of the 3DS family makes me worried for the Switch doing the same thing on a more expensive scale
>>
Fire Emblem Switch is 2018 right? I hope it releases in the first half but that seems unlikely.
>>
>>390081167
God how do I keep forgetting to reccommend BMZ to people - for only $10 Blaster master Zero is a great game to play - especially as a wind down game to compliment Zelda.
>>
>>390077960
Wait till smash or at least odyssey you idiot.
>>
>>390087997
ya ARMS is great. The one game in my lib that's best played in console mode with wagglan
>>
>>390087696
This is physical production, Mania does not have a physical production line. I'll add Rev Noire and Xeno though.
>>
>>390088017
Its guaranteed to happen, but stores usually do generous trade ins of 60% of the cost or more, so its not a big issue or worth missing out.
>>
>>390084301
I love disgaea 5 and it's great as my first foray into the series since i've been wanting to try it but good lord do these games have TOO much content. With a montly switch game I don't know when i'll "finish" it. Trying to wrap up mario & rabbids to return to this beauty though.
>>
>>390085359
God tumble seed was the worst launch game meme ever. Brought it to try out hd rumble, still regret it to this day. >>390085705
>>
Disgaea looks fun but i hate starting things out of order. Are 1/2 and the PS3 play collection worth playing first?
>>
>>390085705
Brought the phsyical edition on amazon (and waiting for a release date) still debating whether or not this game will feel like it's worth it. Now that we're getting to like 2-3 big releases a month I don't want to own just every game. What are the goods/bads of Azure Striker?
>>
>>390087389
>slow
>had ARMS in June
>Splatoon 2 in July
>Sonic Mania and Mario + Rabbids in August
>Rayman, Xenoverse 2, One Piece, 2k, and Pokken this month
What more do you want? November is probably about to be stacked.
>>
>>390088396
Please do, I bet after TGS and before May hits this shit will be as good as that ps4 one that's not that good but used to be in all the threads.
>>
>>390088038
Fire Emblem has been a first half game recently so if we see anything tomorrow expect it to be.
>>
File: CjzQ_M7VEAAd-ow.jpg (152KB, 866x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CjzQ_M7VEAAd-ow.jpg
152KB, 866x1000px
>>390088804
why are you mentioning my post?

>>390089143
don't take my opinion for granted
good things
replayability
vocal tracks
striker pack adds an forgiving kudo mode for GV1
interesting gameplay with the tagging mechanics

bad
prevasion can make the game too easy, but you can turn it off
tagging can make the game feel slow
midgame text might takes too much place, but you can turn it off

neither nor:
needs tons of memorisation if you want to S+ rank these stages

my experience are based off the 3DS version, I plan to buy the physical switch release
>>
File: portstation4.jpg (953KB, 1564x1250px) Image search: [Google]
portstation4.jpg
953KB, 1564x1250px
>>390089357
Are you talking about this one? Because i made and maintain both of em.
>>
>>390089672
It's not this one, there's one where it's literally every game under the sun that would be touted as "exclusive" (even if they were on ps3 and ps4 or psvita). Atleast this one is a fair 3rd party support list.
>>
>>390089592
Slip of the click.
>>
Splatoon
Sonic Mania if you haven't already played it elsewhere.
>>
>>390090374
Minus the whole home button lag this is the best version due to the portability.
>>
>>390077960
BotW should last you 3 weeks to a month
Splatoon 2 is a decent multiplayer game, really captivating for the first week or two but gets stale shortly after but fun to return to for a few hours a week.
MK8D is an incredibly enjoyable racing game especially if you have friends to play with.
If you haven't bothered to grab them anywhere else already I recommend Shovel Knight and Sonic Mania.

Those should last you until the holiday season when FE:W, SMO, and XC2 roll in, and if you don't think all of the above will be satisfying enough in the case of a 3 month or so drought in early 2018 I'd say you should wait on your purchase.
>>
>>390092598
>BOTW should last you 3 weeks to a month
*45 minutes
>>
File: 1485392890471.jpg (20KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1485392890471.jpg
20KB, 500x281px
>>390093616
>not having max 15 minutes of video game per week rule set by mom
baka desu senpai
>>
>>390093616
C'mon. You don't believe that.
>>
>>390094364
The main game is literally nothing. It took me 6 hours total to beat the 4 beasts and ganon, and then I was left with a bunch of sidequest shit that doesn't even make the game more fun. It'd be one thing if the quests built you up and offered a better time but they really dont. You can find everything you need in hyrule by just destroying guardians with a few arrows, and making the guardian armor/weapons and go beat ganon. Its counterproductive as fuck.
>>
>>390077960
Fast RMX
Wonder Boy
Moineycrafta
Splat 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Sanic Mania
Also Xenoverse 2 comes out in a week and so does Pokken DX

of course thats assuming you dont have any of those yet since its 99% ports admittedly
>>
Can I get Mother 2 on the Switch yet? I love to play Mother and Mother 3 on the plane and train.
>>
>>390094841
Nope. No VC
>>
>>390094841
Switch does not and will not have a full Virtual Console, you only will get 1 retro game per month that Nintendo picks for you
>>
>>390094930
>lying
>>
>>390094930
Thats stupid, even PSN doesnt lock games to PS+, it just lets you play them for free instead of paying. What the fuck is Nintendo smoking?
>>
>>390094986
He's not It was announced at launch back in the january direct. They wanted to start a streaming service with their paid internet and the compromise was a free game every month which pissed people off. There still is no word on VC, itd be a blessing if they say something about it in tomorrows dierect, but im not holding my breath.
>>
>>390095158
>will not
>there's still no word

uhh, also Im pretty sure it was confirmed that the free game would be picked from a rotation of games that would be available for purchase and that the online service was being completely retooled from that they said in Jan anyway
>>
>>390095158
>january
They changed it.
>>
>>390095358
And its now September. If they were retooling it it would be done by now. Nintendo doesnt give a shit and its low priority to them because they known VC wont make them as much as the ported Wii-U games will.
>>
>>390095664
No I'm pretty sure it's tied to the paid online launch, which was delayed to next year
>>
>>390077960
Splatoon is very fun so far.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.