[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey it's Geoff from the Overwatch team >Back again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 261
Thread images: 46

File: overwatch2.jpg (148KB, 1250x833px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch2.jpg
148KB, 1250x833px
>Hey it's Geoff from the Overwatch team
>Back again to rework or nerf another hero that was completely fine before
>Because I Geoff Kaplin only mid-low plat so the entire dev team nerfs and buffs around the cry babies in this elo

Seriously I want to come back to this game but the way they just knee jerk, break and over power characters makes the game no fun to play.
>>
File: IMG_7228.jpg (80KB, 600x796px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7228.jpg
80KB, 600x796px
>/v/: "you touched my main, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>390073313
They've yet to touch my main but if you think the Roadhog nerf or Mercy rework were warranted you're as clueless as the dev team
>>
File: 1503325380638.png (570KB, 923x641px) Image search: [Google]
1503325380638.png
570KB, 923x641px
>>390073313
>this is fine.
>>
>>390073515
The mercy rework was the most warranted rework in this entire game. Her rez is unhealthy because it makes the game "press Q to invalidate the enemie's team strategy"
>>
>>390073558
Unfortunately, that picture tells more about the community playing the game than the game itself.
The community basically calls "trashpick" or "trollpick" everything that needs more than one neuron to play. If the hero isn't a gotta go fast dps, then it's not worth playing. Teamplay? Lol no. Everyone must go alone.
The community is ruining Overwatch. The dive comp has already been defeated by koreans with unusual heroes. And yet the community keeps playing dive. It's a hopeless community.
>>
>>390072936

>put a whiny bitch from an top everquest II raid guild
>on charge of fucking balance of a FPS

They went full retarded, wrong guy for the job.
>>
>>390073708
I guess but never felt like a problem or an issue. I just see it as "should have bullied Mercy more." If mercy got a rez off I blamed myself not the design of the character, it just felt like a part of the game and it was a nice game changer to have especially when the rest of the game is "press Q to wipe the team"
>>
>>390073515
>Mercy rework
>Not warranted
Yeah, I sure love seeing Mercy standing in spawn with rez all game with literally no way to kill her before her team.
>>
>>390073515
Mercy is perfectly warranted. No skill, plays hide and seek and can single handily undo an enemy teams well timed and executed assault solely because they didn't kill the mercy first who is the most mobile support character in the game. Her rework looks promising .

Roadhod needed to be changed but they did the it the dumb way. I still get work done with him, it just takes more effort which can be annoying I agree but I ain't in the camp of exaggeration of "hes unplayable"
>>
>>390072936
you're a faggot. this game was a disaster for a whole year, tanks and supports completely OWNED the game and they kept nerfing offense and defense heroes who tried to challenge this.

now you're sad because Blizzard finally pull their heads out of their ass somewhat.
>>
>>390074062
The thing with her rez is that its a failure in game design on blizzards part: She is supposed to be a simple but solid character, with a low skill ceiling and floor but still viable. What happened was that they gave the literal easiest character in the game the most game changing ult possible which is just unhealthy. At present, there is no mechanical difference between a Grandmaster Mercy and a Plat Mercy. Thats where the "Mercy main" meme comes from, there are people who were bronze season 4 and got to grandmasters season 5 getting carried playing only Mercy because as long as you get a good rez you got 30 points garanteed
>>
File: 8jyl9508zqhz.jpg (181KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
8jyl9508zqhz.jpg
181KB, 2048x1536px
They should copy champions from paladins like all the aoe and return the game to its ""tank meta"" since they exist to stop death ball comps
i mean they've already been doing that
>>
>>390073558
Can you please post a picture of another hero shooter game with as many heros that has a completely balanced meta?
>>
File: wallhaven-464214.jpg (352KB, 1920x1613px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-464214.jpg
352KB, 1920x1613px
>>390074082
Mercy hasn't been able to rez from spawn for to seasons.

>>390074207
Hog isn't unplayable he's just not efficient, which is the reason for the skew here >>390073558
characters like Soldier are just jack of all traits with no weakness which is the larger problem with the game. Like I said I feel like the mercy rework ins't fair as many ults are instakill team wipes, and to be able to undo that is nice.

She was the balance to the chaos, yea Pharah just ult'd and whiped half the team but your mercy was smart when inside for bit and undoes the 4 man kill. I don't see how that's unfair. If your mercy got caught out so be it.

>>390074703
Fair enough this game has shitty SR distribution but Mercy isn't that easy I do horrid with her personally. I also feel like she has to be baby sat more than any other hero for her to really make a difference
>>
>>390074306
>"nerfing defence and offence heroes that tried challeging it"
>Hanzo's arrow hitbox was gigantic
>scatter still can instakill a rein or winston if used right
>Genji literally dictated season 1 and 2
>offence and defence represents 60% of the hoster

I'm not defending the bullshit that was season 3/4 with the deathball thing and season 5 with the stupid dive meta, but saying that offence heroes "dindu nuthin' " is retarded
>>
>>390075068
Not that guy, TF2 is in the same situation despite having less classes. People only play Scout, Soldier, Demo and Medic at high level. The rest is ignored.
No multiplayer fps is safe.
>>
>>390075328
offense and defense heroes should be about killing people

tanks doing all the killing while being unkillable and supports being unkillable is bullshit.
>>
>>390075193
Agreed, but I think that Mercy rework is fine, it's just feels right to play this hero with new changes.
>>
>>390075193
The problem is, the single thing you need to do with mercy is use your healing beam and then boom, you got an ult. Its the easiest ult to charge, the most game changing and requires small to none mechanical skill to be used effectively, while most of the "press q to teamwipe" ults tend to require aim, positioning and mechanical skill to be effective. Ults like graviton require just timing, but thats the longest ult charge of the game
>>
>>390075193
She can sit and wait in spawn on 2cp maps, last I had it happen was Horizon. Where mercy was able to sit in spawn until their team needed a res.
>>
>>390073708
this
why there are people that don't understand the rework? Mercy literally had a ctrl+z ability that sends alll your strategy to the trash, she can had it in literally 30/40 SECONDS. Fucking mercy one tricks fags excuse under the "J-just kill the mercy first" and "tracer can build her ult much more fast". Besides she has a get out of jail ability every two seconds and was invincible when rezzed. About "just kill her first lol", well fuckers the same thing i can say about every other hero, Genji wipes your team with his ult too fast? just kill him first lol
>>
Geoff YEOS
>>
>>390072936
why wouldn't they balance around the largest part of the player base?
>>
>>390075582
>supports being unkillable

Nigga what, the dive meta shits on non-mobile supports hard. Playing Zenyatta this season was a nightmare, the only supports that were remotely consistent were Mercy and Lucio, with Ana still present because Bio-nade is busted, and thats when your Ana was a god
>>
>>390072936
They really need to nerf scatter shot

And make Mei and Hanzo's arrows match their graphic.

Lmao at the Hanzo mains who think they're "good" because their arrows are the size of fucking tree trunks
>>
>>390075884
You mean Hanzo/Widow/Genji players in the same team?
>>
>>390075572
this is more a problem with the stale 5cp meme the comp community wants to push
on payload and attack/defense maps all classes are used more or less equally, save for pyro
>>
File: 1392206549956.png (301KB, 629x405px) Image search: [Google]
1392206549956.png
301KB, 629x405px
>>390074932
>Overwatch copying from Paladins

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: PREASE.png (3MB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
PREASE.png
3MB, 1919x1079px
>>390072936

>Please, don't panic.
>>
>>390073815
>The dive comp has already been defeated by koreans with unusual heroes

Got me interested, tell me more
>>
>we want bastion to see more play so we are changing him
>OH WHOOPS IT ACTUALLY WORKED UNDO UNDO

now bastion is still shit AND less fun. based blizzard balancing
>>
>>390073515
L
O
L

Mercy and Roadhogs were completely and utterly broken

>press q and revert everyones ultimates

>then the enemy mercy presses q and undoes that ultimate

>entire game is based on who ults first

>600hp self healing "tank" who can outdps everyone else in the game, also stunlock and one shot most of the heroes
>>
File: mrrph.jpg (84KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mrrph.jpg
84KB, 1024x768px
>>390076075
>save for pyro
Goddamn it, even in OW threads now
>>
>>390076360
That's a dude
>>
File: 1481648049320.png (744KB, 934x920px) Image search: [Google]
1481648049320.png
744KB, 934x920px
i really enjoy nu-hog and having a lot more fun with him now
>>
>>390075884
because thats stupid, every average jow tih bad aiming skills can claim that Widow is underpowered, then she gets a buff and becomes a literal god then everyone complains she's too strong

You balance this kind of game with the top players in mind exactly because of that, they know more about the innerworking of the meta that any dev or """""""skillfull"""""" plat does
>>
>>390076075
Since the axetinguisher nerf, he's never been the same.
>>
>>390076303
Taking away his ability to headshot while in his sentry mode was retarded
>>
>>390076469
someone post that webm when roadhog refuses to kill mercy and then he kills her and jumps from a cliff lol
>>
>>390073515

Glad someone agrees Roadhogs nerf was bullshit and now he's literally the worst Tank out shined by every other option.
>>
>wanting balancing based around the upper few %
Fuck e-sports
>>
>>390073515
Roadhog is fucking fine you baby. You can still 1 shot people for days it's fucking funny how dumb people are on /v/
>>
>>390075884

You never balance based on the casual audience that has a far less comprehensive understanding of the game are you retarded?
>>
>>390075629
So let me get this straight. You're mad because Mercy gets her ult from healing, which is her job, and you're mad because you think her job is easy.

Lucio is just as easy if not easier, and he has escape methods way better than Mercy. Lucio is just stay with your team and jump a ton. Mercy is a sitting duck most of the time, she's not hard to deal with you just have to bully her which most people are bad at which is why this nerf happened.

Solider is just a point and click adventure that anyone with basic skill can play though, and he gets a team wipe ult that can change before the point has been captured.

I don't even play mercy but you can't argue that a sitting duck healer, that has to be babysat and is all about positioning is "easy" you're pretty much making the game 5vs6 when you pick her she's such a handicap.
>>
>>390076656
>"b-but the largest playerbase"

t. " I'm Gold but I actually deserve diamond"
>>
>>390076110
but anon 2 of the ow reworks are like paaldins champions
infact ow and paladins had reworked their gremlin mech champ at the same time, dva being after cuckus
the meta isnt as fucked in palifags as it is in ow with only 3 champs being unviable, 1 due to a shitty kit
>>
>>390076737

Except you can't retard and that was his only saving grace he's literally worse at everything else other tanks can do. Sure he can hook enemies that don't have full health but a shit ton of the roster can pick off stragglers way more easily unless you have shit aim.
>>
>>390076894
You can literally 1 shot all the dps characters including reaper. Get good.
>>
>>390072936
How this numale everquest reject managed to land a lead position at a big name company is beyond me. He has absolutely no talent as a game designer. His only project so far is one of the worst games in recent memory.
>>
File: IMG_7204.jpg (80KB, 685x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7204.jpg
80KB, 685x842px
>>390076816
>there are people like this. Who beloved that mercy is actually a high skill hero
>mfw
>>
>>390076839
Actually I don't play competitive at all. That doesn't make it less retarded to balance assuming perfect coordination and communication when your game facilitates the opposite
>>
>>390077107
>mercy is da ez mode cuz girls got to GM xddd
So why haven't anyone here done it then?
>>
>>390075193
she looks like she's crying with laughter, not crying from sadness
>>
>>390077050

No you can't faggot.
>>
>>390077235
yes you can
>>
>>390076737
No at all you hook, shoot and they walk away most of the time. You only get 1shots at half health etc. Hog was meant to be an initiator tank and way to deal with high movement characters like Genji and Tracer, now if he hooks either he can't kill them and they just zip on away.

It's dumb why would you takeaway the one thing he had which was his ability to secure kills. Yes he can still do that but not without help, you're better off playing any other thank than the glorified meat shield that is roadhog
>>
>>390073815
You mean one of the best teams with the best teamwork beat another with mediocre picks? That doesn't make the picks good it means the players are that much better.
>>
>>390077235
You can though.
>>
>>390076816
Nigga, I'm a support main and I can safely say that she is the problem. Lucio after the rework is miles harder to play effectively than mercy, considering that she's not a "sitting duck". Her pistol is a viable defence mechanism. Not only that but guardian angel is one of the best mobility abilities in the game. I'm not mad that she can charge her ult fast, I'm mad that as being as easy as she is to play and master, she has such an impact that makes every other option of healer inferior, while having consistent healing
>>
>>390077050
>>390077235
You can, just not 100% of the time. Also there is no real way to ensure you are going to be able to one shot, so there is absolutely no consistency.
>>
>>390077301

Nope
>>
>>390077301
maybe with discord
>>
>>390076816
>a sitting duck with a massive movement ability up every 2 seconds and the most powerful health regen in the game that activates after a nano second of not taking damage
ooooh so hard to play
both mercy and lucio have a low skill floor the difference is lucio has a much higher skill ceiling with actual mechanical skill required to improve.
mercy needs baby sitting not because she is weak in a 1v1, but because she is played by brain dead faggots that refuse actually shoot someone in an fps and expect everyone to protect them and put in all the work
>>
>>390077187
"H-ha ha! You can't complain about it being easy because you haven't d-done it, it doesn't matter if they w-were bronze the season before, if you dislike the exploit because its easy do it and see it for yourself!"

This is why this game is slowly dying
>>
>>390073708
Not a very good strategy if you don't take out the healer first is it
>>
>>390077361
>>390077376

Only specific DPS characters and there's still a inconsistency. Either way my point being he was nerfed to the point there's absolutely no point in picking him at a high competitive level over other tanks. His saving grace was a DEPENDABLE one shot. He can't one shot if it means only happening SOME of the time.
>>
>>390073708
Her rez was a punishment for not prioritizing her, same way that the hook was a punishment for running around like a retard without paying attention
>>
>>390077370
>pistol viable
If you play against people that aren't shitters you will die before you can even change your weapon and fire 2 shots.
>makes every other healer inferior
Lucio is hands down the best healer in the game no contest. In fact he is probably the best character in the game period.
>>
File: 3556859.jpg (179KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3556859.jpg
179KB, 900x1200px
>>390077107
I'm not saying she's a high skill hero, but I'm not gonna act like she's playing the game on easy mode that is a guaranteed ticket to masters like every meathead soldier main thinks. I can't play her and I've had some god awful Mercies try and fill. So I'll admit she does take some skill to play.
>>
>>390074207
>well timed and executed assault
>didn't target the mercy

how is that in anyway well timed or executed then?

As usual /v/ is a bunch of shitters who hates any counterplay or gameplay that dosent involve headbutting their Q button and screaming
>>
File: 55.png (87KB, 528x449px) Image search: [Google]
55.png
87KB, 528x449px
>>390073708
And now its Q to win teamfight without having to coordinate with the team to hunt the mercy first. How is making the game even more braindead better?
>>
File: niggapls.png (66KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
niggapls.png
66KB, 200x200px
>>390077540
>kill the healer first
> mercy hides ina corner far away from the battle to just swoop right in and press q

I refuse to believe you think this is okay
>>
It will never end. Name any hero that you think is currently fine. They'll be nerfed one day.
>>
>>390075803
'waaaaaaaah it undoes my progress'

'invalidates the enemy team strategy' - a strategy that didn't play around ress is a shit one

It's like rushing down and never ever blocking in a fighting game and crying when you get uppercutted over and over.
>>
>>390077738
Should have found and killed her.

If you genji/tracer/pharah isn't bullying mercy every team fight than you deserve for the res to go through.

It's no difference than soldier pressing Q and getting a team kill
>>
>>390077537
If you can't do it then obviously you're too stupid to play an easy character designed for women. That's pretty pathetic.
>>
>>390077854
>>390077729
It has been proven time and time again that the "hide and seek" shit that mercys are incouraged to do is unhealthy to the game, and people think that the problem is targetting the mercy first

Yeah lets play "hunt the mercy" and kill her a kilometer away from the objective, to ehn wipe her team so she can respawn and press Q and undo you killing her first

Pressing Q after you respawn to undo 3 ults is not counterplay, its bad game design
>>
>>390076283
He's probably referring to the world cup where south korea was winning with "trollpicks" like Junkrat, keep in mind this was before the buff, this speaks more of the skill of the korean players than the state of the game in my opinion but there you go
>>
the game is just relentlessly designed around dps players to the detriment of literally everyone else

Which i can understand from a selling games point of view, this thread is proof of it

However it doesn't really make a balanced game. Literally anything that has ever punished Damage heroes gameplay has been gutted

Dont want to bother positioning properly? Don't worry we'll gut Roadhog!
Don't want to play around cooldowns like Matrix? Don't worry hitscan! Headbutt that Q key whenever you like because it FEELS good!
Don't want to play around healer cooldowns like Ress or Zen ult? Dont worry! Here's a basic ability that removes Zen ult 100% and we've eviscerated Mercy! Keep on just pressing Q whenever you like! Don't think or anything like that haha!

If you dont play damage heroes the game is just not for you
>>
>>390077720
Good luck targeting Mercy when she's literally hiding in spawn to then take two steps out and press Q.
You Mercy shitters are the most delusional fags around, worse than hogfags even.
>>
File: 1492339751423.jpg (31KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1492339751423.jpg
31KB, 720x540px
>>390076816
People just want instant gratification when they got their ult.
>GOT ULT AND INSTANTLY SMASH Q
>OMG I GOT 4 KILLS
>Mercy leaps in because no one bothers to kill her and rezzes everyone
>OMG MERCY IS OP PLS NERF NO FUN
>>
>>390078130
I don't need to play her to get to high elo, I'm already grandmasters. Its just sad seeing three people in a team that got to grandmasters and can't play anything other than Mercy
>>
>>390078081

Yes it is different retard there are plenty of ways to counter Soldier's ult. Mercy will res the team instantly the second you hit Q unless you kill her. The very fact that the game has to account for always dealing with her first just goes to show how bullshit she is as a character.
>>
>>390078438

Then you have maps where she can just camp in her spawn and wait until the teamfight is over. Her old ultimate was fucking retarded.
>>
>>390077515
If you think shooting a tracer as Mercy is a better idea than running to a tank who can efficiently protect you, then I severely hope you have fun in as gold rank Mercy
>>
>>390078438
>"Muh counterplay"

Goddamn, and I thought hogfags were delusional
>>
>>390078369
This happened once in one of my ranked games. I was Winston and just body blocked her from coming out of spawn and she couldn't rez and we won.
>>
>>390076142

>tfw it actually was the perfect time to panic
>>
Its a fact res had to go people, the top mercy player even agreed with it

To think you still think its balanced even after the best Mercy main said its busted and unhealthy its just fooling yourself
>>
>>390078287
Proven huh? Where's this 'proof'? You mean your opinion?

Also you can see how useless your argument is when you have to exaggerate so much 'a kilometer away'

Shes a 200 HP hero with contextual mobility - she's ridiculously easy to dive or run down. Pressure her and she either has to use her Ult to invul and escape which makes the ress shit, or she dies.

But hey, they'd rather design around shitters like you than any kind of strategy so more power to you i guess
>>
>>390077135
>don't play competitive at all

then your opinion is invalid, shitter
>>
>Hi it's Jeff from the overwatch team. With the buffs to Junkrat, we've decided that Genji now feels a bit on the underpowered side. We're happy to announce, live now on PTR, Genji can now deflect Junkrat's Riptire ulltimate! Once deflected, the Genji player gets to assume control over the tire for the rest of it's duration.

I agree though, even though I'm not in a top tier elo. They are in contact with so many top 500 hundred players who actually understand the changes better than they do.
>>
>>390076448
and?
>>
>>390078805
I agree, but the replacement ult isnt much better.
>>
>>390077729
Except now res (+extra res from valkyrie) will be enough to equalise ult disadvantage without undoing a whole teamfight.
>>
>>390072936
and its only going to keep happening, regardless if buffs/nerfs are necessary

games built around matchmaking will never be perfectly balanced because its an artificial way to nudge you into playing different and keep you occupied while you grind your worthless rank and cry about your teammates

strap in, accept it, and dont forget to buy lootboxes because thats exactly what they, and you, want
>>
File: 1504061570012.png (477KB, 631x638px) Image search: [Google]
1504061570012.png
477KB, 631x638px
>>390078915
>"""""""competitive"""""" mode
>in Little Tykes My First FPS by (((Blizzard Entertainment)))
>mattering
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I love this board, always good for a laugh
>>
I just wish they'd remove ults in general and decrease ability cool-downs/increase mobility.
>>
>>390078457
>there are plenty of ways to counter Soldier's ult.

What Dv.a? Zarya for 2 seconds? Anyone else who gets near him is gonna get gunned down in a second, the only to kill and ulting soldier is pretty much from across the map or hop he's not looking at you

>Mercy will res the team instantly the second you hit Q unless you kill her.
Yea that's why if you see her flying in or about to pounce and ult you kill her in that moment I've done it plenty of times, especially if you see her GA over the dead player you can still get her before she get in range to get the res.

Like if you see her coming out of hiding kill her don't just scream know as she waltzes to the objective for 2 seconds.

It's not hard to find her hiding or get her before she ults you just suck at the game
>>
People defending the nerf are clueless mongoloids or actual shitposters. There's just no way people who understand the way these two champs actualy work can defend the nerf. Mercy's nerf is nothing but pure catering to the most common denominator - Since her low skill ceiling makes her stomp harder in pubs but Lucio is the best of the two if you actually know what you're doing.

Lucio
>superior mobility in a game where mobility is king.
>Can literally escape most situations unless you're a braindead moron.
>His mere presence is invaluable to the team unless if you're a 15 y.o. drooling noob.
>If you're high on the curve, you outright dominate matches.

Mercy
>Positioning requirement to heal.
>Has to hide and play smart in order to not just outright be a handicap to the team.
>Can undo enemy team's work if playing smart and times her ult right.
>Low skill ceiling means past a certain point you're just better off playing Lucio to proccure better in-game impact

Mercy is nothing but a noob check.
>>
>>390078303
Ah I see. Got it.
>>
File: 1474245824539.gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
1474245824539.gif
1021KB, 421x389px
>try new mercy
>ult to escape genji who just used faggotblade near me
>instantly get mowed down 0.5 seconds after taken to the air
Whats the point of this flying gimmick?
>>
>>390078906
Yeah its been proven, both professional, top 500 players, and the best mercy main on the NA server agree that she needs to change

The hide and seek tactic is not just cancerous to the game, its cancerous to the hero too: everyone just sees mercy as a ult dispensing machine, they aren't waiting for you to heal or try to mitigate the damage they take, they're waiting for you to sit in a corner like a good girl and rez when everyone is dead

Its bad game design, plain and simple: its busted when it goes through, and it incourages players to hide and wait instead of playing hte game

To believe its remotely ok knowing that is stupid
>>
>junkrat is in every fucking comp match in 3500+ now
They buffed him in the completely wrong ways. Having two 150 damage AEO mines available for every team fight is retarded. In addition to the tire that only pro widowmakers can hit and even then only sometimes.

I like playing DPS but I feel like not picking Junkrat now is throwing since he just deletes everyone with no effort.
>>
>>390079469
>dev mode freeflight
>gimmick
It's okay to die to better players anon.
>>
>>390075193
forcing a character to hide while the team dies is not good character design. thats why its being changed.
>>
>>390079469
She has insane health regen during that ult. The Genji did a good job stopping you with his own ult.
>>
File: 1480435026045.jpg (63KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
1480435026045.jpg
63KB, 250x323px
>>390079721
Riptire is pretty easy to counter with another junkrat just throw a mine in its general direction and poof.
>>
>>390079415
>Has to hide and play smart in order to not just outright be a handicap to the team
>everyone that disagrees with me is bad and a shitposter

t. Mercy fag

every hero has to play smart to not be a handicap, to think this is remotely exclusive to mercy proves how little you know of the game

Though the Lucio bit is right, there is little to no tools to counter his mobility as of now
>>
>>390078915
comp is literally cancer anon, but keep on going for that magical sr number, it wont fill that hole in your existence, a bullet to the head will.
>>
>>390079874
but I don't want to play him, his spammy playstyle is shit and deserved to be unviable
>>
File: sucker.png (43KB, 83x194px) Image search: [Google]
sucker.png
43KB, 83x194px
>>390079721
>gets into comp
>junkrat on the other team
>Genji on my team goes "ez win they have a junkrat"
>gets deleted by double mine
>>
>>390079916
>Thinking its better to balance a game based on casual play

Gee anon, how does it feel being braindead
>>
>Genuinely could have been a game changer
>Make her so underpowered and and nothing more than a gloried nuisance
>>
File: 1504039482820.webm (3MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504039482820.webm
3MB, 720x720px
>>390080212
>having tiny penis playing """comp""" in """good game"""
hahahahahahahahhahahahahah
>>
>>390080212
Why should a game be balanced around a miniscule percentile of players?
>>
>>390080212
all forms of matchmaking are casual play
>>
File: 4.jpg (46KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
46KB, 900x900px
Jeff exists to maintain our lord and savior ,Dinoflask.
>>
>>390080212
Keep playing comp anon im sure you'll get to gm someday, then you'll be happy!
>>
> people are unironically defending mercy, the most braindead hero to play in OW
>>
>>390080340
Sombra is good, but you need your team to make use of your EMPs. Also practice your tracking. Her damage is very underrated, people just can't aim.
>>
>>390080340
>sombra
>underpowered
She literally dominates 2CP.
>>
>>390078541
Mercy can drop Tracer fairly quickly since her gun has no fall off and is very easy to crit with, bumping the damage she does to 40 every shot. Mercy is more than capable of killing tracer before she gets into her effective range.
>>
>>390079860
So what is she supposed to try and heal though 9k damage? No. Like what do you expect her to do just die with her team.

Yea it's not the best design but it's not like it made the game unplayable it was just part of how you played her
>>
File: 1501924950196.gif (1MB, 480x303px) Image search: [Google]
1501924950196.gif
1MB, 480x303px
>>390073708
What amazes me is that it actually took them an entire fucking year to deal with how stupid and trivial she made every teamfight. It's not that she was "OP" or some bullshit, it's that she made the game unfun, and her playstyle of hiding in a fucking corner and doing nothing made no sense.
>>
>>390080536
Only if the tracer is retarded.
>Blink on top of mercy
>One burst, Mercy is kill
CHEERS LUV
>>
>>390079903
>Mercy 5 man rezzes are way more common in pubs than comp.
>Mercy ult nerf not being an outright cater to the common denominator in OW.

I get it. You want Mercy to be nerfed. It's aggravating to pull off a nice wombo-combo only to get completely undone by a single Q-press. But at least admit the nerf comes from catering to casuals.

By the way, Mercy's "Nerf patch" will make her even stronger. I'm going to have fun with her for a couple weeks before going back to L.
>>
File: 1357605944076.jpg (127KB, 645x960px) Image search: [Google]
1357605944076.jpg
127KB, 645x960px
as far as I'm concerned, anyone complaining about mercy losing their rez is really just complaining about losing the ability to carry a shit team by 4-5man rezzing them on the point

now maybe we'll see different teamcomps
>>
>>390080507
I think her spread is just really poor desu, you have to be up someones ass to really secure a kill.
>>
>>390080406
>Why should racing cars be balanced around "Pro" drivers and not casual drivers?

Kill yourself. You're the reason nobody taking "Gayming" as a serious sports.
>>
>>390080406
If the players know more about the game than the average joe, yes it should be balanced around a miniscule percentile of players
>>
>>390080632
>I get it. You want Mercy to be nerfed. It's aggravating to pull off a nice wombo-combo only to get completely undone by a single Q-press.
God forbid a hero can undo that, right? It's cool for some weeb to hit Q and wipe half the team HEH NOTHIN PERSONNRU but then people bitch about rezzes.

Either way, I'm glad they're doing something different with her and her kit to make her more engaging to play, but seriously ults in this game are way too powerful.
>>
>>390072936
their huge hard-on for competitive gaming has ruined the game
>>
>>390072936
>playing overwatch
>>
>>390079321
>dva
>zarya
>rein shield
>orisa shield
>mccree can stun him
>genji can deflect him
>reaper can wraith out
>tracer can dash away
>mei can freeze him
>ana can sleep him
>hog can hook and kill him
>in fact literally anyone can kill him since he's only shooting one target at a time
>or even just run away behind a wall since he can't shoot through those
>comparable to a character that goes instantly invincible when pressing Q and reviving her entire team without the need for line of sight

activates the ol' almonds
>>
>>390080340
An actual stealth hero would have made casuals take grumpy dumpies so they just made her a hacking machine instead which I find more frustrating to play against to be honest. Pick off is all well and good but when every team is expected to have a healer, I'm not sure it's a good idea to build a character around it. Full disclosure: I'm not good at her but I've also never really had a hard time against her. She's just of lackluster and a bit annoying. I feel like she jacks any real identity. I loved the spy in TF2 and miss him dearly.
>>
>>390080632
>the nerf comes from catering to casuals.
Guess that's why everyone in top 500 is saying this is one of the best changes that they've done. Because casuals.
>>
>>390080632
>pubs are a mojority of the player base
>5 man rezzes happens way more in pubs

Just because it happens less on competitve it does not mean its not a problem and a legit bad design choice. If she's nerfed or not doesn't matter, i just want the character to be fun to play with and to play against, and the rework does exactly that: makes her better at everything she did expect ressing, and she became fun to play
>>
>>390080785
>Ults in this game are way too powerful.
That's the wrong idea. Either ults are powerful as fuck or you get post S2 League of Legends cancer where gameplay becomes so carebear helo-kitty playground time shit that it's just not fun to play and everything's copy paste of kits.

Just buff shit champs.
>>
File: 1504020922825.png (3MB, 1280x1869px) Image search: [Google]
1504020922825.png
3MB, 1280x1869px
>>390080596
Pay attention to your surroundings and you'll notice Tracer before she gets to you or better yet, call her out and one of your DPS will likely drop her before you even have to think about aiming. You aren't doing shit else that requires your full attention. Honestly, I see fucking Reinhardt players with more awareness of what's going on in the backlines than your average Mercy.
>>
>>390080715
aww, poor snowflake <3
>>390080725
A game should just be balanced, period, it shouldn't be made in favor of any group of retards. Like Chess. You make the pieces and the players make the plays, you don't go nerfing rooks and knights because some fag loses his pawns. People should get good instead of crying about everything.
>>
File: sad flash.jpg (17KB, 251x325px) Image search: [Google]
sad flash.jpg
17KB, 251x325px
>>390080895
I really wanted her to be like the spy man

I was so hyped for the stealth playstyle but instead we got her hacking which disappointed me to no end
>>
>>390080558
its was pretty clearly stated that this wasn't fun for the mercy or the team against mercy.

the rework would give her the option to ult before people die so she doesnt have to hide. and gives her offensive options.

stop being so dense.
>>
>>390072936
dude, its a hero shooter. It could not get anymore casual. who gives a shit
>>
>>390072936
Didn't you see his post about how many hours he has? How DARE you talk shit about based Kaplan?
>>
>>390080693
I've always blamed it on the spread and lack of range, but after tons of practice I've realized she is good at dealing damage. At range aim for the enemies necks, body hitbox is larger than head so this way more of your bullets will actually hit and the top spread will hit head.
>>
File: 1394141345495.jpg (458KB, 2302x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1394141345495.jpg
458KB, 2302x3000px
What competitive shooters are even worth playing right now?
Which ones are good?
>>
>>390080947
>>390080935
>Teleports behind you
>Nothing Personnel whole team
>Not a problem
vs

>Enemy team fails to kill you
>Come out of hiding
>Nothing Personnel entire friendly team back to life
>A problem

I just don't get it. Why can't people just deal with the sour to go with the sweet?
>>
>>390081242
there are none. You have to go play old games. It's all assfaggot likes and battle royals
>>
>>390081242
none. casuals won. even quake succumbed to the moba shooter meme. I never thought I'd see the day that CoD gets outdone as the most casual shooter
>>
>>390078915
If you dont play in real tournaments your opinion doesnt matter.

The shitty ingame rank system in no game ever represented actual competitive play.

Even games in high ranks do not even remotely resemble what a proper match among strong teams looks like.
>>
>>390081063
nigga I pull the driveby 1-8-7 on mercy's for days nigga

Bitches on my tip like lucio on liquor
>>
>>390081242
>What competitive shooters are even worth playing right now?
>Which ones are good?

Rainbow Six Siege
Titanfall 2
>>
>>390081242
that depends, are you going to try and play on the actual competitive levels or are you just in it to play solo and jerk it to your "competitive" rank
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
>>390080883
>mei can freeze him

You can't be this stupid. On paper those work but most of them are useless in practice. Soldier can just run away from Mei's joke of a freeze.

Most all of those people would get killed unless they get him from behind but no soldier is that stupid to be open during the ult like that.

On paper there are ways to deal with soldier's ult but there's one maybe 3 in practice

>comparable to a character that goes instantly invincible when pressing Q and reviving her entire team without the need for line of sight

She's invincible for .5 seconds and you can easily kill her and others if the res is poor. And are you stupid or just don't know how Mercy's res works. Res range is about the size of Lucio's heal if not smaller. It's not like she's resing from across the map. Fuck out of here with this ignorant post "She doesn't need line of sight" you can't be this dense mate.
>>
>>390081072
>Pls balance F1 cars around casual drivers!
>Pls balance skate parks around casuals
>Pls balance basketball/baseball/football/any sports around casuals
>Pls balance a virtual competitive sports around casuals
wat ? >:( ure a dum dum
>>
>>390081242
PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds
A game that is basically FFA BF2 with modern gunplay [which is to say your bullets actually land], looting houses and no respawns.
>>
File: MSiZQc6.jpg (130KB, 1224x688px) Image search: [Google]
MSiZQc6.jpg
130KB, 1224x688px
>nerf roadhog damage instead of making his hook more difficult to hit by giving it some windup
>meanwhile ignore hanzo one-shotting tanks with scatter with less effort
>instead, release another hero who has an oneshot mini-rein-charge on a 5s cd and a oneshot ult that is a guaranteed kill on anyone without a movement ability.

i just can't take overwatch seriously anymore
the fact that we got custom crosshairs is a miracle, but another fact is that the HUD is still hot unusable garbage meant only to look good on screenshots and trailers, with neigh unreadable numbers on bright maps, almost zero damage, damage direction and low health indications and retarded unneeded icons blocking the view half the time ( mccree ult "skulls", objective icons, dead teammates icons ), turning the game into a visual indistinguishable mess.

Also giant viewmodels
Fuck them, and fuck your "immersion" in a game you are marketing as "esports"
fucking imbeciles, fuck your game, im done
>>
>>390081582
I never said balance it around casuals retard
Learn to read you dumb faggot
>>
All this time, all this fucking time I thought /v/ hating on Overwatch was just a couple nerds who still play Paintball2 and Super Mario 2 an can't accpet anything new.

What broke me was the Competitive matchmaking system. Ever since I started plaing in season 2 I was gold, nothing impressive, I know, but I was a good gold, I flexed, I filled, I stayed gold for 5 seasons.

But as the seasons went by, I started to wonder, why my rating hasn't gone up to platinum yet? I got exponentially better at the game since I started playing, but I'm still being put in the same team with lvl 30 fresh new players who don't know how to play yet.

As time went by I became more and more frustrated because of my stagnation, finishing most games with the overall best stats, meaning my teammates weren't pulling their weight.

I managed to place in gold at the start of the latest season 6, placements were horrible but somehow I still managed to stay in my golden spot. Then in one day an insane streak of bad games full of leavers, trolls, stuck up low lvls, shitty players happened, I ended up with golden everything almost all of those games but still I dropped by about 300 SR.

I kept playing comp in hopes I will be able to recover from this never before seen fall, but I was wrong, I managed to stagnate in 1800s for a few days but today that changed.

I got angry after a match where 3 downies from our team left a 99vs99 enemy point in overtime after killing the whole enemy team, losing the game. I told my nolife friend who climbed to diamond from gold thanks to always playing in a group full of pretentious cunts, I told him why I think the system is broken and all he said was git gud, stop blaming the system, it's perfect, i fucking lost it.

Played 4 games, aced all of them, lost all of them. Then I finally uninstalled this fucking game and I'm not installing it again until matchmaking is fixed or ever I suppose. Fuck this game and fuck the incompetent greedy devs at Fuckzard.
>>
>>390081616
>A game that is basically FFA BF2 with modern gunplay
and you win with luck instead of skill
>>
>>390080406
The herpderping casuals dont understand the game either way.

So it doesnt matter what is how good at their level.
They wont even notice the effect of buffs and nerfs, they just herpderp around anyways.

So why do changes for an audience that cant make use of them or wont notice them either way, since in low level play everything is viable anyways?
>>
>>390081702
>"immersion"
I don't like Overwatch anymore either but wat
>>
>>390081709
>Losing and argument
>Being this mad
Anon? >:( Take ure meds. Ure maeking a sceen.
>>
>>390077705
Holy shit
>>
File: agadsf.jpg (529KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
agadsf.jpg
529KB, 1920x1080px
>>390081242
Could always try out raider of the broken planet open beta this friday.
>>
>>390081820
people complained about giant arms covering third of screen and asked for ways to disable them or shift them like tf2 or csgo

blizzard said they won't allow it because it would take away from the feel of connection with your hero

same reasoning for why 103 "horizontal" fov ( which is equivalent to 89 fov in other fps games ) is the limit
>>
>>390081793
That's true.
I still enjoy it but the randomness is a bit extreme at times.
I avoid roguelikes for the same reason.
>>
>>390081359
Because the sour is not healthy, its a piece of garbage that you eat to mend the sweet

A genji getting a good dragon balde never feels cheap both for him and the enemy team, if he could dodge your shots and survive it means he outplayed you (expect when a graviton-blade combo happens, but I guess you can imagine that) while the mercy rez might feel good for the mercy, but it feels really cheap for the enemy players.

Another thing is that Genji and other dps ults can be countered using a single ult - usually Zen's and Lucio's, and usually you can bypass that counter with enough damage.

Mercy on the other hand has an unhealthy ult that can unitilise 3 or more ultimates with a press of a button and that same ult reinforces a extremely cancerous style of play that ammounts to hiding and not playing the game to rez and go back to not playing the game

TL;DR: Both are problems with the ultimate system, and the Mercy one was one of the worst byproducts of it
>>
>>390081749
It's almost tragic to me that people didn't see this coming from the onset of the first "competitive" season. I played Season 1 and couldn't even be fucked to continue playing after the first few weeks. It was so obvious that this polished turd Blizzard dumped into people's mouths was only going to spiral the shitter into the drain and get stuck there forever. All anyone had to do was take a cursory glance at the state of any of their modern franchises and you could see exactly what was coming, and it certainly wasn't a fun or balanced game.
>>
people actually play this trash game
lol
>>
>>390081981
oh look, another hero game

assfaggots was a mistake
>>
>>390081847
>losing an argument
You never had an argument to begin with. I asked a question and now you're the one sperging out because I dared to insinuate that maybe developers should balance a game without taking the input of your favorite streamer.
>>
>>390081569
>useless in practice

Just like trying to kill mercy before she presses Q right? :^) Also for the record Soldier can not sprint out of range of mei if she's already in range to start slowing him.

>She's invincible for .5 seconds
She's invincible for a full second during which she and her entire invincible team are free to move and arrange themselves and also resets her massive range dash which she probably used to fly in from 30 metres away in the space of a second before she ulted. But moving 30 metres in a second and becoming invincible after that should make her very easy to kill right? :^)

Rez range is 50% bigger than Lucio's heal and doesn't require line of sight meaning she can rez 5 people through a building before anyone can even attempt to go and look for her. Go learn what you're talking about before you shitpost about your main being nerfed any more you fucking degenerate
>>
>>390076894
>>390077050
Isn't it something like having to crit with almost ever single pellet to get a kill on the squishiest of the cast?
>>
>>390082037
Holy autism, that's terrible.
The camera shake and footstep sounds should be enough to convey that same "feeling", though I'd take out the shake too.

They did budge on the tickrate and FFA/TDM complaints, however.
They're just being stubborn for now, which is obviously when it counts since the game is over a year old and people are losing interest, but I'm sure they'll fix THAT at some point.
>>
>>390082212
>Goo goo ga ga
>*Gurgle*
>BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
Hon? >:( ure bieng childrish now. Beibi got messi diapyr?
>>
>>390081072
Though I would argue that balancing games such as Overwatch is more complicated as chess you're thrown with even odds on both sides, while Overwatch can be influenced by bad design choices and exploits, and although not optimal, balancing around the higher skill players which have a better grasp of the game is better than trying to please everyone, but I can see your point
>>
File: Wub.png (102KB, 241x232px) Image search: [Google]
Wub.png
102KB, 241x232px
>>390075068
Complete balance is impossible in any game with tangible differences between characters. That said, Paladins has more characters and handles its balance more effectively. I'd also like to point out that in any game like these, tournament stats are not reflective of pub play.
>>
File: 1481910043239.jpg (138KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1481910043239.jpg
138KB, 500x669px
>>390082205
>oh look, another hero game

It's a PvE game that you can play singleplayer or multiplayer.
A multiplayer mode is 4v1 where one player is a powered up hero trying to stop the team of 4 from completing the objectives.

It's not an Overwatch or Paladin style hero shooter.
>>
>>390082205
skins + matchmaking hamster wheel is a proven formula so devs are moving to that now that hyping up MMOs and cashing out during "open beta" isnt as profitable anymore

the difference here being that casuals wont catch on as quick this time
>>
>>390082102
What's the most disgusting to me is how those few people who actually manage to climb up mostly thanks to grouping up, feel superior to anyone who thinks there's something wrong.

Like I make plenty of mistakes, but I always admit them to others and to myself so I can get better, but these last few weeks I was on fucking fire, getting called a hacker when plaing Hanzo felt so fucking good... BUT I STILL COULDN'T MOVE PAST MY SEASON HIGH. Every other game is just full of absolute human trash, the game is less rewarding than original DotA.
>>
>>390078584
Bullshit, you can't bodyblock Mercy as Winston with the wide as fuck doors. She will get by.
Especially when the map allows her to see the corpses from the spawn door, shift will get past anything.
>>
>>390081749
i calibrated around rank 70 in first season and recalibrated around 3300 ever since

it's just impossible to climb solo as a filler.
you have to either nolife practice mccree/widow and just single handedly kill the entire enemy team with your aim alone, or stack up with people who are good and willing to improve and cooperate.
>>
The problem with mercy's res is that she is completely invuln during it and before it
>>
>>390082591
it's hard to find a group of people that are good and not a bunch of egoistic cunts.
>>
>>390082543
Anon, I experienced the exact same thing as you on LoL (I know).

I just got fed-up of the trolls and arrogant shitters and started queuing up with my Bronze flat-mate. He clicked his abilities, I'm not shitting you. But the mere advantage of communicating and planning plays with another guy made me land gold in 15 matches (I lost 1). Even tho he was a Bronze shitter who clicked his abilities. Let that sink in.

TL/DR: Get yourself a queue partner.
>>
File: jjjjj.jpg (51KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
jjjjj.jpg
51KB, 419x249px
>>390076469
me too
>>
File: C9zEOLvXYAAayW2.jpg (157KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C9zEOLvXYAAayW2.jpg
157KB, 1200x675px
>>390082249
Lmao I'm not even a Mercy main. I'm a Soldier/D.Va/Mei Main

Trust me most people can just walk away from mei's freeze it doesn't solidify fast enough.

It's not that hard to kill Mercy plus her rez range got a huge nerf. You're just butthurt that she was the anti press Q on win. The 1 second of invincibility doesn't mean shit when your team is still on point and can easily take care of the people who just got res'd
>>
>1 game play like a god, headshot enemies as soon as I see them
>next game can't hit an enemy standing still and run into every ult
I am the most inconsistent player ever.
>>
>>390082887
>>390082543
Oh, I also only played support and left the jungle/ADC to him/randoms.

Playing with someone else is just so much better.
>>
>>390082887
Well the problem is you can't really carry in OW, yes you can be very good, but a single DPS can naver carry 5 or 4 other downies who aren't doing their job, in LoL or DOTA you can atleast get fat enough you can steamroll everyone, not here.
>>
>>390073515
Roadhog needed to be changed but they did it wrong. The buff to his healing helped a bit, a lot more people play him now and I've seen people put in work with him. With a bit more adjusting he should be fine.

The Mercy rework is a fucking godsend. It's simply not fun on either side. Hiding isnt fun and neither is having a teamfight totally reset. Especially because there are times when you can't prevent it, like if she's returning from spawn.
It kills any "war of attrition" strategies and means you almost always have to win via team wipe. Makes the game even more one-note than it already is.
>>
>>390077652
>Roadhog should be the only hero allowed to run around out of position like a retard. Everyone else is dumb for not staying clumped up to avoid him.
>Mercy hide n' go seek was good gameplay.
>This is /v/'s idea of good game design
Little wonder only Minecraft and Agar.io are the only games to ever come out of this shit hole.
>>
>>390081749
My only advice is to find a friend to play with on gold

I got plat early season 2 and gold/plat are the sluggiest ranks to go through because Blizzard likes to "throw everyone in the middle because you get a star for just participating". Get a friend or two to play with you and with good comms and coordination you'll be diamond in no time
>>
>>390083015
Try and replicate the things that made you good the previous game.
>What were you feeling like?
>How do you replicate that feeling?
>Do you need a stretch/break?
>Do you need your favourite music?
Try to find ways to get "In the zone". Back in my cs 1.6 days I'd ACE a lot blasting Limp-Bizkit/Linkin Park on my headphones just because the music allowed me to get so into the game it felt like the mouse/keyboard/monitor were an extension of me. Try and find your own personal triggers for that state.
>>
>>390083259
> I'd ACE a lot blasting Limp-Bizkit/Linkin Park on my headphones
That's the most CS 1.6 thing I've ever read in my life
>>
>>390075193
>Mercy hasn't been able to rez from spawn for to seasons.
Only really affects Gibraltar where the last defense spawn room is under the battlefield and you have to climb a relatively long staircase to get out.
On 2CP maps you can just step out the door and get the same effect without any difference in time.
>>
File: 1481662474657.png (643KB, 1000x871px) Image search: [Google]
1481662474657.png
643KB, 1000x871px
>tfw my boy will always play second fiddle to soldier 76,tracer, and genji
>>
>>390083225
I'm too fed up with this garbage game, played it for a year with no results and this last month was pure suffering, in a month I'll get new computer parts and will be able to play all the new titles so fuck this overpriced cumjar.
>>
>>390082297
>but I'm sure they'll fix THAT at some point
When it becomes convenient
>>
>>390082591
Climbing being a flex solo player is not impossible, but it is difficult. You always have to keep being positive and you need to force yourself to talk to strangers using voice, because its absolutely nescessary to play using voice in this game. Besides the obvious mechanical "git gud" you need to have a lot of patience, good mechanical skills and be consistent so it is really hard. My advice is too keep positive, continue picking things around other people (if youre good enough with zarya and you have a hanzo on your team, consider helping him with the wombo combo) and honestly, and try to always keep level headed thats my advice

t Player who climbed from plat to gm solo flexing
>>
>>390082297
They have a good reason to be stubborn. Look at this fucking thread. Nobody knows what they want, they just want to bitch and complain.
>>
>>390083502
I can't change your mind about it and I'm pretty sure you're better off not playing this garbage, but if you ever come back find a friend and try to no care about climbing up as much as you care about having fun and doing good. To approach competitive in Overwatch expecting anything but the worse is a fools errand
>>
>>390083614
>Flexing
You mean tanking and healing?
>>
>>390082512
>game with tangible differences between characters.

You see the problem?
>>
File: bird.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bird.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>390083208
>agar.io
>good
>>
>>390081749
you can't just keep playing and hope things get better, you need to identify your weaknesses and work to correct them.
>>
>>390076894
It's basically the same end result when another teammate just shoots the hooked enemy.
The ability to displace an enemy while behind cover, like a barrier, is still useful. Your team just has to notice and spend a second to capitalize on it. And it really doesn't take a genius for a Soldier or someone to shoot a static enemy for a second.

All that really happened is that people learned to follow up on a teammate's hook, which is part of why people started using him more after the nerf (the self healing buff didn't hurt either).
>>
>>390082297
To be fair, denying people the chance to input console commands for competitive advantages got us, in part, CS:GO. You can't do any customization to the graphics settings to avoid foul play.

I'd wager the same principle applies here as either they don't want the average player to be forced into specific game settings or get shitspomped.
>>
>>390083927
suprisingly enough, when I had to flex I had to mostly pick tanks and dps because I'm a main Zeny
who am i kidding, Zeny best dps
>>
>>390073558
Pick rates were always like this, it may be different people now, but there has always been around 7 or 8 mostly played while everyone is considered throwing the match.
>>
>>390075193
>jack of all traits

I that like a diamond dozen?
>>
>>390072936
>Lets take all the garbage autism from ASSFAGGOTS
>and combine it with a console shooter

wow what a swell idea
>>
>>390078357
>Here's a basic ability that removes Zen ult 100%
I mean there's a bunch of basic abilities that stop ults. Ana's grenade isn't unique there.
>>
The day the nerf Pharah is the day I stop playing this game
>>
>>390083160
>>390076360
>>390074082
>>390073708
>/v/ defending Battle Medics
only Overwatch fags everyone
>>
File: 1503917025333.png (566KB, 905x619px) Image search: [Google]
1503917025333.png
566KB, 905x619px
>>390072936
>he plays Overwatch competitively

I have over 200 hours in this game and I have only touched ranked once in the first season and never again.

The game is purposely made with a low skill ceiling, its good for messing around with a few friends but thats really it.
>>
>>390072936
my theory is this: blizzard as a company have become very good at getting their customers hooked to their games. video games are a lot like gambling, if you want to be pedantic. but blizzard games are even moreso in how their treat their in-game economies and tactics to maintain retention in their users.

so, overwatch costs 40 dollars up front. not bad. blizzard has already covered what they initially spent on development of this game on these sales alone. the longer you go on playing, the more likely you are to get a friend hooked on this game. but to keep you hooked, they have to keep the game fresh. playing anubis with the same, standard comp over and over again scares the shit out of blizz, so they come up with gimmicks to keep it interesting. maybe they buff a character into utter necessity like they did with ana a few seasons ago. maybe they nerf a character into oblivion like they did sort of recently with roadhog.

whatever they do, they don't really give a shit about how it affects the meta. they don't care about pick rates. all they care about is that we're all online talking about this game. if they left the game totally alone and just kept dropping in new maps and heroes every now and again, the community would accommodate and the meta would adapt and change organically. but that takes too long, so let's just keep fucking with characters every two weeks so people have something to complain about.
>>
File: dva-5120x2880-overwatch-4k-7379.jpg (1MB, 5120x2880px) Image search: [Google]
dva-5120x2880-overwatch-4k-7379.jpg
1MB, 5120x2880px
>>390078357
I completely forgot they reworked d.va into a DPS :/
>>
>>390084847
No I think the new ult needs some tweaking. I just think changing ult into a regular ability, one that can change the tide of battle but not totally reset it, seems like a good idea.
>>
>>390083971
No, because having different characters in games isn't an inherently bad thing.
>>
>>390083991
I didn't say or mean to imply good.
>>
File: virgins.jpg (617KB, 1911x958px) Image search: [Google]
virgins.jpg
617KB, 1911x958px
b-blizzard...?
>>
>>390079321
old Hog could counter his ult pretty easily, he had enough health to get in hook range and take him out, or chase him away a bit
>>
>>390072936
You're a real piece of shit eh.
>>
>>390072936
>Seriously I want to come back to this game

Why? It's mechanically a bad game. Are you a casual? You need to play better video games and stop playing what's popular.
>>
>>390082070
Weeb blade is always cheap garbage. Genji is a fucking ezmode gimmick character for retards and fedoras.
>>
>>390081749
Just play Reaper and teamwipe them, it's not hard. Gold players are like braindead goldfish.
>>
>>390088604
Gold players are the average player, way to exaggerate.

Now if you had said bronze, that's... that's something else entirely. Bronze is almost scary.
>>
>>390083495
PASS THE WHISKEY.
>>
>>390084891
>they have to keep the game fresh
i think this approach is what kills modern multiplayer games

like i.e. if you would take tf2 and ow and just stop their development at once, ow would die in a month, while tf2 would stay strong for years even though it has its amount of problems and flaws. Heck, people still play cs 1.6

Both games have been out for way longer than overwatch but imo it's the finely crafted core base of the game that keeps people interested, and not the sheer amount of maps and gamemodes, which are rather a consequence of a base game being so good that it drawn a lot of attention of community content creators. Which is a thing overwatch won't ever have anyway...
>>
>>390088926
I'm pretty terrible at FPS games in general, but I can reliably carry with Reaper even in Diamond because of how easy he is to use.
In most games the enemy will have 2 tanks. If you kill them, the enemy can't fight and you can kill everyone else after they get fucked. The only hero in the game that reliably counters reaper is D.Va (I'm not going to count mlg360 carry dps heroes/players that can outplay the fuck out of you no matter what you do), and you just have to follow her around until she wastes her Matrix, then fuck her ass or ult her team.

I probably sound preachy as fuck, but if there's one thing most teams can't deal with it's just retarded amounts of damage, they will shit their pants and die to you and it'll be hilarious.

I can't imagine how bad a Bronze player must be, I feel they really need to be literal children or very old people
>>
>>390073708

Here's a good solution to prevent Mercy from resurrecting her entire team: Kill Mercy first. The most basic concept of MMO PvP/class based shooters is kill the healer.
>>
>>390076024

Underrated post
>>
>>390089706
Oh you mean so she can respawn in 10 seconds and THEN revive her team? Cool, thanks.
Alternatively, you could simply not have a hero with a mass resurrection ability in your game because it's not fun for anyone. I refuse to play Mercy because hiding like a mong waiting for my team to die is fucking boring and I didn't pay money to play such a retarded character.
>>
>>390089321
i want to fuck in that room
>>
>>390072936
>ask mercy main to switch on attack because shes the worst support right now a lucio is alwas prefered
>"LIKE, OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS MERCY IS SO GOOD WHAT AREYOU TALKING ABOUT NO RES NO WIN xD"
>>
>>390090210
>shes the worst support right now a lucio is alwas prefered
anon, you seem to be stuck in 2016
>>
File: willy-wonka-322x268.jpg (18KB, 322x268px) Image search: [Google]
willy-wonka-322x268.jpg
18KB, 322x268px
>>390073708
To all the dumb shit eating faggot cunt seagull fans saying "lol mercy rework wasn't needed", how fucking dumb are you. Mercy's main strategy revolved around getting ult, then hide and stop healing, then letting everyone die to bring them back. How the FUCK is that good design. Jesus fuck.
>>
>>390072936
You need to be 18 to post here.
>>
File: images.png (6KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 264x191px
>>390074062
>be on attack, ready to push last point
>kill the mercy first as she's priority
>fight the rest of her team
>the teamfight goes longer than 7 seconds but we wipe them, we have clearly displayed superior skill
>she comes running out of spawn and flies in before anyone can realistically aim at and kill her again
>HELDEN STERB NICHT
>Team then wipes us because we have expended our ult economy and push

Lmao just kill mercy bro haha
>>
Console vs pc, which platform has better players in terms of : toxicity, aiming, teamwork etc...

https://youtu.be/LLCt1HSLnyE
>>
>>390089674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bQ3N7uE7I4
Vegetable tier awareness.
>>
>>390090932
he looks shit compared to a PC lucio with barely 50 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiXTATs0jZo
>>
>>390090829
>not moving towards the spawn immediately once you realize you've staggered their mercy and catching her by herself on the way back
what are you, gold?
>>
>>390091148
Well I certainly feel better about my gameplay now.
>>
>>390080585
I don't think she was broken until they gave her the res invuln as well. Still a huge pain in the ass, but at least your could kill her while her team was ressing, and if you didn't lose anyone wiping them you'd have some kind of advantage at this point. When she gets invuln too, she just goes back to bouncing between teammates being highly difficult to kill and healing at a pretty decent rate the whole time.
>>
>>390090413
there is a good reason why lucio is never switched off and has one of the highest pickrates at Masters/Grand masters, See

>>390073558
Speedboost is invaluable for the sheer utility it provides. It alows you to follow up on kills where you wouldnt have before, push through chokes more efficiently, has the single most potential of any ability to carry momentum in your favor if you stagger respawns and decreases the time in between pushes immensely. compare that to the ultilty of res which negates one or two other ults ever 50 seconds or so. thats not even getting into his healing or how good his ult is or how much damage Lucio can theoretically do and what he does for a team comp overall
>>
>>390091293
>What are multiple exits.
>>
>>390073708
Back in the open beta when the ult charges faster. People use rez when 2 or 3people died to keep the offensive, since a good mercy can potentially get her ult back quickly. But when they slowed the ult, mercy mains started turtling.
>>
>>390073558
The only thing I really don't like is how good generic mc shooty man is.
>>
>>390091945
he is picked as a second support for his speedboost and barrier

his healing is mediocre, he can't actually save anyone, especially with this abyssmal range
>>
>>390092124
>his healing is mediocre
no shit, thats why you pick him for the speedboost . you know, the crux of literally everything i said?

>he can't actually save anyone
this is actually wrong. lucios strenght is that he can minimize contact time and efficiently create space. more so than any other character in the game. you do this by Right clicking enemies away and then taxing out the target with speedboost
>>
>>390092552
the conversation started with "my team wants me to pick mercy, but im gonna pick lucio"

if your team needs a healer - you need mercy
if your team already has a healer - you are free to pick lucio or whatever the fuck you want.

lucio was the goto support even for solo healing in the past, but now mercy is just much better for that, at least for now while the rez is so retardedly strong
>>
>>390092905
>people want me to heal
>I pick Lucio
>they say they need more healing
>I tell them to go back to spawn and click the "H" button
Easy.
Alternatively, just win with a Lucio solo healer because he's just really fucking good on all forms of attack and KOTH. I can understand him being garbage on defense, but you don't want to defend with solo healer anyway.
>>
>>390092905
thats the thing you -dont- pick supports for their healing. you play them for the utility. every support (sans Sym) already heals. in Anas case her healing is better and brings way more utility to the table with sleep and Anti-heal and she doesn't need to put herself in harms way to be effective like mercy does. Zen is the crux of dive with discord orb and strong damage. the full range of mercies utility comes every 50 seconds or so., every other support has at least twice much at any given time.
>>
File: 1480862865802.jpg (199KB, 1000x1187px) Image search: [Google]
1480862865802.jpg
199KB, 1000x1187px
can someone give me overwatch please
>>
>>390084710
It will happen, you know it will. Once Nu-Mercy comes out and dva with her nerfed Defense Matrix comes out Justice will rain from above untill she gets the nerfhammer.
>>
>>390090485
Seagull loves the Mercy rework though
Thread posts: 261
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.