[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never fucking understood why there are "Support"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 24

File: 1448475796400.jpg (401KB, 987x812px) Image search: [Google]
1448475796400.jpg
401KB, 987x812px
I never fucking understood why there are "Support" classes in video games.
Literally everybody complains about it and no one but the most lonely faggots play supports, I get that it's a strong idea to be able to heal someone, but wouldn't it just be easier if you could just give everyone in the game the abblility to heal so that everyone can do it themselves?
>>
>>390048917
>wouldn't it just be easier if you could just give everyone in the game the abblility to heal so that everyone can do it themselves?
Yes, that's why they make it harder by designating somebody to do it.
>>
Guild Wars 2?
>>
Supporting isn't just healing, you idiot. The reason people don't support is because they can't. This is very apparent in Dota 2 where people pick carries and fail miserably. If they suck that bad while carrying, they almost certainly suck at supporting. There's a reason why the majority of people playing Dota 2 suck at it = because they don't learn the game in the correct order. You have to learn to support before you can carry.

People who never support are actually the worst players.
>>
I guess healers in team FPS are for players who have shit aim and reflexes. Otherwise you'd have health packs/stations or regen.
>>
>>390048917
supports can be some of the most fun and challenging characters in the game if designed right
devs are just lazy hacks that fall back on the healslut meme when making them because its easier

as ow for an example ana was incredible fun and had a real versatile kit with a high skill ceiling, easily the most engaging character in the game before they removed all the damage and fun from her.
>>
>>390049638
Because she was fucking broken on release retard.
>>
>>390049230
Stupidest post I've ever read, you're probably 3k.
>>
>>390048917
Because I find it fun to give other players near-immortality and watch the other team flail around uselessly as they're murdered.
>>
>>390049725
>how dare a support be able to carry NERF
thats the problem
>>
>>390049826
>ur stupid XD
>tries to guess my mmr and fails

Do you know how retarded you look? If you aren't going to write a proper reponse, don't reply. Fucking mouth breathers, christ.
>>
>>390048917
>I never fucking understood why there are "Support" classes in video games.

Play Dragon Warrior 1 through 3. There, video game education complete.
>>
>>390049924
You can play carry without being good at support. You didn't even give an argument as to why you have to be good at support to be good at carry you fucking "mouth breather."

You're just mad you got forced into supporting in your latest game and wanted to vent on 4chan you fucking 3k shitter.
>>
>>390048917
Except that supports in Overwatch can be pretty fun and rewarding to play. You sound like a child btw.

>tfw put enemy rein to sleep before as he shatters, nade him, a dps and 2 supports, nano our rein and heal him through the abuse as he cleans up.
>it's rein potg
>>
>>390048917
>why are supports shit
>posts picture of shittiest support character ever
>>
>>390048917
This is why I like old arena shooters, playing support just means you'll guard the team's flag.
>>
>>390050039
You're bad at the game. Also stupid. The joke here is I'm repeating your entire post which was what you wrote originally as well. Nice autism, bud.
>>
>>390048917
sauce
>>
Support isn't the same as healsluts.

The sad thing is that the last game that offered interesting support option i played was Tree of Savior but ruined it with inexistent combat mechanics leading to many of those interesting abilities to have no purpose.
>>
>>390049907
As a masters/gm hovering ana main, more like how dare a support have more impact than 3 other characters combined and single handedly make half the cast useless.
>>
>>390050184
Way to ignore the fact that you didn't even make an argument as to why you have to be good at support to be good at carry :)

Being good at support is harder than being good at carry by the way, so its not typically good to place someone on a hard role...
>>
Medic in TF2 was fun to play. And Engineer if you consider him a support class also.

Can't say a support class/character has been fun in any other game I've ever played.
>>
>>390048917
I play a lot of Omniknight on DOTA and there have been dozens of moments where my support abilities completely fucked up the other team. The problem is that you're only thinking about games in terms of dealing damage. Support isn't just healing, but utilities. In Omniknight's case, my heal is also a damaging spell and I can give other players magic immunity, which is a huge deal in a game where high damage three minute cooldowns are a thing.

It might not be as flashy as setting the other team on fire, but support skills can win games in ways other than dealing damage.
>>
>>390050358
>Being good at support is harder than being good at carry

Now I know you're retarded and never support. Thanks for letting me now. A carry has to last hit AND deny if he's mid. A support only has deny and last hit infrequently. However, a support not being able to last hit is less damaging to the win than the carry being unable to last hit. Understand now, brainlet? God. Why do I even have to talk Dota with shitters.
>>
>>390049032
was shit because of it
>>
File: 1453995143496.jpg (26KB, 665x340px) Image search: [Google]
1453995143496.jpg
26KB, 665x340px
>tfw I used to play healer/support most of the time
>the healslut meme starts
>can't play those classes anymore
>>
>>390050760
If you let that meme affect you, you're as weak as the healsluts they make fun of.
>>
>>390050460
To add on to this post: Omniknight has an ultimate that when upgraded makes your ENTIRE TEAM immune to physical damage which is 1 of 2 main damage types, for a decent duration (8 seconds or some shit). That is extremely powerful because most carries can only do physical damage so you're basically putting a stop sign on those faggots. Supporting isn't for faggots or betas, it's for people who want to win. Most of the good players I meet in Dota 2 were supporting.
>>
>>390048917
Support can be the most fun role, most devs are just shit at it. DotA supports are hardcore.
>>
File: 1482520494941.jpg (102KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482520494941.jpg
102KB, 1080x1080px
I play support in every game because I'm absolutely garbage and supports rarely get blamed.
>>
>>390050536
You're joking right? The game exists past the laning phase.

You're actually giving me an aneurysm. A support has to last hit infrequently, which means when they do, they have to know how to do it consistently and with a handicap (less dmg and attack speed) because every CS you miss on a support is fucking massive. Every. single. one. You need to have much better map awareness as a support because you are playing every lane as a support. You need to coordinate smoke ganks and place wards that aren't just useless river wards on the runes. You have to have impeccable positioning because you are more fragile and do not have items or levels.

Post your dotabuff.
>>
>>390050989
That's how I know you're a smart person.

>support is bad
>hopefully the other roles can make up for it

>non support roles are bad or worst case scenario, there is no support
>game over

>>390051035
you're bad
suck my dick
thanks
>>
>>390048917
Healing classes exist so any girlfriend who gets dragged into games by their dweeb boyfriend gets to contribute
>>
File: 1485385353.png (452KB, 840x688px) Image search: [Google]
1485385353.png
452KB, 840x688px
I'm a tank main and I like my healsluts and support bros. But supporting and healing isn't the same. While healers can also pulse out boons and buffs I feel that is more a supports job along with crowd control.
>>
>>390051114
You're an idiot because that's not how Dota works, lol. Good supports make up for bad carries, not the other way around.
>>
>>390050634
It's one of the few things it got right. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>390050989
>supports rarely get blamed

In what reality?
>>
Support is fun as long as you can do other things besides running after your teammates shooting health up their ass.
>>
>>390051226
I've already exposed that you suck at Dota. Anybody else who doesn't suck will see that you suck. There is nothing left to discuss, autist.
>>
>>390048917
Support class controls the flow of attacking. Heal class controls the flow of defending.
>>
>>390051363
I'll just prove you wrong with a video of a "professional" carry running around like a retard and getting carried by one of the best supports in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhUQrlh1swo
>>
>>390049581
Medics who know how to aim wreck shit in dirty bomb. Which in my opinon has the best medics. Everybody in this game has to contribute to firefights, no hiding behind "b-but i was healing so i don't have to fight"
>>
File: 1493952159921.png (100KB, 258x239px) Image search: [Google]
1493952159921.png
100KB, 258x239px
>Mercy on the team
>she's pumping another support character
>>
>>390050139
that's the joke
>>
>>390051487
Your example of a shitty carry is somebody who does it for a living? You really do have autism, don't you. I bet you frequent the general on /vg/ which is autism central. Nobody there even plays the game, they just watch much better players.
>>
>>390048917
so useless players can be useful by sheer virtue of their abilities being useful?
>>
>>390049725
Everything BUT her damage was broken.
>>
>>390051708
That's exactly why support roles exist. It's a shame that worthless people tend to pick worthless roles.
>>
>>390051678
Did you even watch the video? XBOCT is a good player obviously, but it doesn't take a genius to tell you the video is nothing but misplays.

Thankfully sonneiko was there to follow him into 4 enemy players multiple times, save him, and win the game. single handedly. as a support hero. because that is what good supports do in dota, they keep the carry alive so even the biggest retards can get kills.
>>
>>390051630
>not playing zen and having the support polishing your chrome dome dick while you get all the elims
>>
>>390051801
If the carry is a retard, he shouldn't be carrying. It's that simple. Anyone with a brain (sorry), knows that the carry HAS to be the best player. That doesn't mean the supports are allowed to be shit, they just don't need to be as good as the carry.
>>
File: IMG_9681.jpg (102KB, 493x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9681.jpg
102KB, 493x637px
>>390050634
>>390051234

Not him but all that GW2 has done against standard class roles is nowhere near as interesting with what GW1 did for them. Plus we've had ARPGs like Diablo for years, free of dedicated support roles.
>>
Here's a fact:
You will have a better rank as a carry main, rather than a support main.
let's say you play support and a carry role equally well. you will have a higher rank if you were a carry. because carries have a bigger impact on the game than supports.
>>
>>390051909
How can you try and pull the anyone with a brain thing when you're 3k mmr, possibly below because you still refuse to post your dotabuff, lol? You literally have to not be thinking at all when you play to not reach at least mid 4k.

Have fun in your shitter games where you feel like a badass because everyone is still too stupid to let you win with battlefury sven.
>>
>>390052098
Solo MMR when I only picked core: 4.5k
Solo MMR when I start only picking support: 6.3k

Games dont need good cores. Anyone can play core well. It. is. not. hard. Last hitting is easy when your support gives you an open lane. Not dying in fights is easy when your support neuters the other teams carry with constant smoke ganks. Cores have the easiest job in the fucking game, sit in your lane while your support wins the game for you.
>>
>>390052098
Exactly, carries have more impact on the game however it's much harder to be a good carry than a good support. Everyone tries to be a good carry when they're currently good at nothing. Really grinds my gears.

>>390052138
Notice how you keep asking for my mmr but I don't even care about you? That's how everyone knows that you're a shitter. Continue to embarrass yourself, brainlet.
>>
File: 300px-Triage.jpg (45KB, 300x491px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Triage.jpg
45KB, 300x491px
>>390051708
I wish this wasn't the case. Triage from Transformers Universe before it got shut down was the best support class I've ever seen. He was capable of taking on 2v1 battles in the right hands, and was the medic class at the same time.
>>
>>390052268
>brainlet.
hello tumblr
>>
>Everyone can heal
>Game becomes about whoever has the best heal and now there's no more player as an objective to take down

TF2 got it right. The medic's main use was to charge up the only thing in the game short of a miracle that could break a coordinated defense. His healing was secondary, with it only reaching "hurr durr insta-heal" status if the target had been out of combat for awhile, which usually meant they hadn't been able to reach a medkit or let less team-reliant teammates grab them.

And with TF2 relying more on sustained or conditional heavy damage to kill someone, rather than ults or insta-kill conditions like worse games, his healing on a target being damaged could be lower without necessarily making him feel worthless. In, say, Overwatch, Mercy's healing beam is fuckoff annoying to play against because half the cast can insta-kill her target anyway, so it has to make whoever she's healing nigh-invincible to feel like it does anything. Meanwhile the Medic's medigun only adds a rocket to kill someone if he swapped to them, or two if they got fully overhealed, which is significant, but can be easily dealt with.

Having healers do other shit matters a lot.
>>
>>390052504
How would you know it's from tumblr?

Checkmate, brainlet.
>>
File: 1476933904617.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1476933904617.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>someone change to mercy plz
>>
>>390052929
>supporting is so easy that no one does it

See how retarded that sounds? People don't support because they're BAD and so they play non-support roles badly instead. Online gaming in a nutshell.
>>
>>390048917
can anyone explain why all of the OW characters are cyborgs? why does mercy have wings anyways? shits retarded
>>
I play support because I enjoy optimal team play and am thus happy buffing, debuffing, CCing, etc. Moreover, I play whatever is needed to round out the group.
>>
>>390051234
>It's one of the few things it got right.
>guys let's all stack in a corner because our support buffs have the radious of a peanut

kys
>>
>>390053556
I play support because more often than not, nobody picks a support. The only time I enjoy supporting is when I'm supporting decent players. When I'm supporting children and third world monkeys, it's a nightmare. When I'm being supported, I try my best as I should out of respect for the people supporting. If everyone was like me, multiplayer games wouldn't be such a shitfest.
>>
>>390053814
The only good support, is a support that can fight back.
>>
>>390053814
It can be nice when the support class is capable of doing some of everything, so you end up running around juggling fucking everything trying to keep the dipshits alive. Satisfying in the fulfillment of your ability.
>>
Supports are vital to make teamplay a thing, they're generally force multipliers- shit on their own, but amplify your other teammembers
Played lots of support in dotolikes, usually felt like they required more intricate game knowledge than the other classes, too
>>
>>390054225
That is the biggest turn off for playing support in most games. You multipliy the power so if you teammates are shit you are just working with shit. Good designed supports can work on their own.
>>
It has been the smartest idea ever. It gives women the ability to play the game and feel useful. Ive never seen so many women playing an fps before in my life.
>>
>>390054225
I hate that people think supporting is harder than non-support. The non supports need to know everything the supports do. They need to know it AND they need the muscle memory, reaction time, etc that supports need to a lesser extent. Using Dota 2 as an example because it's my main game.

Supports need to know warding locations. Carries do too. Why? When you're ganking or just roaming the map, you need to know whether there's a chance that the enemy can see you. This kind of high level thinking is exclusive to good players.
>>
>>390048917
leona/thresh/braum in league of legends are the most fun characters in the game because of their massive stuns, tankiness, and ability to do pretty much whatever they feel like
with a competent adc they're fucking destructive
or at least they were from 2012-2016 idk what the game is like now
>>
>>390049230
Support is retarded in every team based game. No one ever wants to do it. It's literally always a fight to decide who will be the sucker playing support. Why would you want to be some weak near useless piece of shit in a game about combat and fighting? At least in MMO's healers will get equal loot and rewards compared to everyone else but in MOBAshit you have to actively gimp yourself so that your team can get all the rewards. Fuck support classes.
>>
Why is supporting seen so much in regards to buffing / healing your team rather than debuffing / otherwise fucking with the enemy team?
>>
Yeah I hate playing support too
>set up great engagement
>dps retard doesn't understand that he should now shoot at the stunned target
Also there's other shit like
>people thinking they can 1v5 just because i'm healing them
>people not understanding supports abilities have cooldowns
>people thinking they're the only member of the team that needs to heal
>>
>>390054732
t. selfish piece of shit

When I successfully support my team to victory, I feel a pride akin to watching my friend's team win at a soccer match he played in. Do you have friends?
>>
>>390048917
Depends on the games obviously but supports usually have the coolest abilities
>>
>>390054405
It's really a scale from independent to entirely team-reliant
Using the easy example of OW, Mercy would be far right, Zenyatta somewhere close to far left
>>390054679
Supports not only need to know the location of wards, they also have to keep track of the timings, the cw-spots, the enemy support movements
When say duo-laning with a carry in a mirror, the carries while pretty much solely focus on getting those tasty last hits while staying out of harass range, while supports are juggling harrassing, denying, wave manipulation, and secondary things like pull timings, and watching the other lanes for ganks or counters
Supports are usually paper, so their positioning must be on point in teamfights- close enough to make best use of their situational skills, far enough to not evaporate

I feel like there's always some extra element to the support gameplay as compared to the other roles
>>
>>390054930
Because buffing/healing is more common than debuffing. I wish more games had debuffer/control classes.
>>
>>390054732
>useless piece of shit
fucking LOL, are you too oblivious with your tunnel vision to notice how other abilities besides 'do damage' actually effect the battlefield?
>>
>>390049230
Meh sub 3k playing support in Dota 2 is pretty useless. No point supporting braindead retards better get extra iniation or push to get things done
>>
>>390055083
I fully agree that supports are much more at risk to dying because their hp is lower, they have less items and they move around the map more. However, I've had people save me from ganks while playing a lowly support. Surprise surprise, I tend to win those games. You give and you get, sometimes.
>>
How come only TF2 seems to do medic right where you actually need skill to be properly contributing to the team?

All others either go too far or not far enough.
>>
>>390054713
Sona too. You could fuck shit up big time with your speed buffs and slows, you could heal your guys and debuff an enemy, could deal a shitload of MP damage and had a pretty decent Stun ult. Assuming your team wasn't completely retarded you had so much independence and utility she was definitely OP for most all bottom lane combinations.
>>
>>390055153
I know what they do, but they are not fun. It's a game about killing heroes and pushing down towers. Why would I want to be relegated to running around the map and placing wards? Why would I want to be completely gimped on gold since I have to let some hot shot take it all? And support is always the first to die in team fights since you will be killed in 2 hits from their carry since no one let you have any farm. It's a stupid role that 99% of people do not want to ever play.
>>
>>390055090
Trouble is these discussions generally revolve around PvP and any form of control is almost universally unfun when experienced as a player. I remember playing HoN at a lan party once and a guy playing a character with a stun (engineer?) got a fed a little early on and spent the rest of the game shitting on everyone inside of a single stun with absolutely no ability for anyone to do anything (LAN party - no organized gang up is possible)
>>
>>390055609
>but they are not fun
those are some hot opinions, anon
Supporting goes beyond placing wards, there's a lot of ganking aka fighting involved, and the role can feel pretty satisfying if your team is any competent
>>
>>390048917
Why are there doctors in real life, why don't we give everyone permission to do doctor stuff?
>>
>>390055609
The fact that 99% of people don't want to play support makes the people who do play it all the more impressive to me. For example, I'd never be your friend but the people I am friends with are kind supportive people. This world is full of worthless people. The ones who aren't pick support sometimes.
>>
>>390055609
>Why would I want to be relegated to running around the map and placing wards?
no wards = no win in 90% of cases. it's something EVERY lane should do regardless of their role

>Why would I want to be completely gimped on gold since I have to let some hot shot take it all?
because you can rush gold items? or you have gold generating runes? or you farm while your lane partner is away? or if you're that good in your lane you accumulate enough gold to buy what you need when you return to base? there are ways of making gold as a support plus your items are less expensive. you literally need to get good.

>And support is always the first to die in team fights since you will be killed in 2 hits from their carry
if you're a tanky support you'll be ignored and will have the opportunity to fuck their shit up. if you're a squishy support you'll be focused and you'll have the opportunity to fuck their shit up with your positioning and situational awareness.
>>
>>390053724
Character roles are not the same as skill mechanics, asshole
>>
File: 1464036577784.jpg (26KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
1464036577784.jpg
26KB, 300x215px
>play dps
>think I could be doing the healer's job better
>play healer
>think I could be doing the dps' job better
No matter what role I play I'm not saved from idiots.
>>
>>390056032
I'll buy wards as a carry if the support is poor or is saving for an item. Wards are cheap as shit and tactically significant. Vision, detection, both essential to victory.

Also, people forget that a squishy support is excellent bait. If your support dies as the cost of the enemy carry, you win that fight.
>>
Because supports don't need skill to play, anybody can be a great support, specially in LoL where there's brainless supports like sona and janna
>>
>>390056183
just clone yourself so you can be good at every role
bonus: none of you die a virgin
>>
>>390055870
>people who actually want to play fun roles in their free time playing a video game are all bad people you would never want to speak to

Hilarious. You have no friends anyways with that attitude.
>>
>>390056276
>supports don't need skill to play

Oh boy. Now I have to argue with the other extreme. While in bed, at 2am. I'll pass.

I'll settle for a KYS.

>>390056292
>You have no friends

Shit. I guess they're gone now that you made that statement. You sure showed me.
>>
>>390055263
>better get extra iniation or push to get things done

You can do that with support heroes. The best supports are the ones that actually chat, mic, or signal initiations and pushes.

>>390055609

Everything you described about supports are all literally due to poor skill and knowledge.

>Why would I want to be relegated to running around the map and placing wards?
If you have to run around the map placing wards, you're probably not placing them in places that are actually assisting your team situation. In this case, you are wasting your team's wards, and are actually sabotaging your team.

>Why would I want to be completely gimped on gold since I have to let some hot shot take it all?
Because carries need items to function. Support heroes run on low maintenance. You help your carry grow so he can lead the team to victory. This is basic teamwork 101, you will see it in real life, your employer receives the most income because at the end of the day, he is speaking and making decisions for the company.

>And support is always the first to die in team fights since you will be killed in 2 hits from their carry since no one let you have any farm. It's a stupid role that 99% of people do not want to ever play.
If a support dies that quickly in a team battle, then the entire team will probably die too, in which case, why the fuck does it matter that you die first? And if your team happens to win the fight, then you did your job, and should be happy that your team can win. You just need to keep your ego in check, stop thinking about only yourself.
>>
>>390056276
>he says while he plays an auto attack character
>>
File: 1496115675291.png (170KB, 500x507px) Image search: [Google]
1496115675291.png
170KB, 500x507px
>>390048917
>not playing the best support
>>
>>390055609
>It's a game about killing heroes and pushing down towers. Why would I want to be relegated to running around the map and placing wards?
Have you just never played support and are basing everything off of a short description of the job someone said, or have you only played dedicated babysitter types? Supports are wandering ganking machines early game and/or teamfight winners later on. Half of the appeal is having a blink dagger, brown boots and a wand and making BIG PLAYS happen anyway.
>>
File: 1474727975550.png (50KB, 208x191px) Image search: [Google]
1474727975550.png
50KB, 208x191px
>be healer
>tfw you let shitters die
I love culling the weak.
>>
File: nothing_personnel_kid.png (135KB, 298x611px) Image search: [Google]
nothing_personnel_kid.png
135KB, 298x611px
*concussion jumps behind you*
>>
File: captain-guy-grining.jpg (40KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
captain-guy-grining.jpg
40KB, 550x412px
>>390048917
>wouldn't it just be easier if you could just give everyone in the game the abblility to heal so that everyone can do it themselves?
ah yes I remember how well that turned out for guild wars 2
>>
File: frog.jpg (21KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
21KB, 600x375px
Nigga you posted an Overwatch picture, a game that has Lucio, a support who is the objectively the best and most used character across game types. That nigga can heal in an AOE, speed boost in an AOE and is almost impossible to kill. He can contest carts for days and also is a decent DPS. But wait nigga, did you hear that? That's a boop. For some reason they also decided that this little Brazilian nigga needed the ability to push be back every four (4) seconds. Yep every 4 seconds this motherfucker can get an environmental kill. So why don't you shut the fuck up about supports and start feeling the beat.
>>
>>390056701
That's a pretty shitty attitude for a healer. It'd be equivalent to a white doctor who refuses to treat blacks. Oh wait shit I need a better example. Uh... heal everyone.
>>
>>390051626
i remember when aura was sort of broken early on, she could just plonk down her heal and become immortal and wreck shit
>>
>>390056905
>you should do your best to heal everyone!
t. shitter

I'm not wasting my time on you. I'd rather focus my energy on the good players instead of babysitting you.
>>
>tfw a medic revives you in Bad Company 2

Followed those men to the ends of the earth.
>>
File: 858733000_preview_penguin dance.gif (639KB, 876x515px) Image search: [Google]
858733000_preview_penguin dance.gif
639KB, 876x515px
>>390048917

this is the greatest idea for a thread ever

>call out support players for, in general, being degenerates who suck up to someone
>all people who play support frequently because they are requested to or are "good" at it get insecure and post
>they argue with eachother over some shitty competitive scoring that's biased for healers

amazing thread op, good work
>>
File: Donkey_Kong[1].jpg (98KB, 1280x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Donkey_Kong[1].jpg
98KB, 1280x1066px
>>390056820
currently playing GW2 and this is the most annoying aspect, it makes the game kind of boring in terms of team strats
>>
>>390055609
>Implying supports in dota dont fight
They add the most interresting shit to the fights
>>
So are you gonna post healslut lewds or what.
>>
>>390056183
>>play dps
>>think I could be doing the healer's job better
>>play healer
>>think I could be doing the dps' job better
>play healer so bad your DPS can't do shit
>play DPS so bad you can't get heals

>"MERCY HEAL ME FFS"
>constantly is behind enemy lines
>>
>>390057243

But he's not, he's only talking about healers and the healing mechanic, which is just one type of support ability.
>>
>>390057349
Actually, the initiators affect team fights the most. Tide, Magnus, Axe, etc. You wouldn't call them support or carry so they're in a third role. The players with the largest penis tend to be playing those heroes.
>>
>>390057349
>Es, Wd, Cm, Bane, enigma and tide have more impact in a fight then carries
Seems correct, they are also fun to play.
>>
>>390057491
t. shit at all things
>>
>>390048917

A lot of games have self-healing (i.e: Kritika Online), but a lot of the time it serves the purpose of giving everyone a certain *need* for something to suit the comp, if for instance overwatch didn't have supports, the meta would be stale in a different way, with tanks taking place, in RPG games supports are required as a dedicated class, allowing developers to give a class the ability to be the backbone of the party and dedicating themselves to a single function. Also because not everyone likes being the main damage dealer or stuff like that.
Health Regen is very hard to balance, if there were no classes dedicated to sustain, instead there were HP regen, either soaking chars (i.e Roadhog or Stitches) would outheal dpses, requiring an absurd amount of focus just because their tank exists. or it'd be so little tanks wouldn't be able to do the job.
In the end, a world without healers also has no tanks, imagine it, a world of Genjis and Rivens.brrr
>>
>>390055609

No.

Take Crystal Maiden as an example, one of the best examples of the support.

She's not like Venge who has an enemy nerf skill that activates on death. CM relies on not dying so that she can throw her disable as often as possible and get her ulti running. If you are getting killed with her, then you are simply out of position, or your team is outmatched. This is not the fault of the support role, it is the fault of the player and/or his team.
>>
>>390057681
>>390057740
Bane and witchdoctor have a huge impact, even CM and dazzle with mad utility.
Its also dependant on if you call enigma and ES supports because they buy mech and other
>>
Depends on what you deem is support. Killing shit is fun. That said however in the setting of an mmo or a team-based game it does begin to feel old, and as such it becomes more entertaining to mess with opponents by debuffing them and/or buffing teammates for the spectacle of it. The Captain class in LOTRO is my favorite support class of any kind in that regard.

In regards to Overwatch, I think Mercy is a terrible support simply because she has to switch between supporting people and hurting people. Zenyatta, Ana, and Lucio don't have their healing abilities tied to their weapon (Zen is just a button and Ana is dependent on who she shoots), but Mercy has to give up one for the other.
>>
>>390054732
You're genuinely stupid.
>>
>>390057549
>all people who play support frequently because they are requested to or are "good" at it get insecure and post

>get insecure and post

this means you
>>
File: 1477538877223.jpg (71KB, 400x762px) Image search: [Google]
1477538877223.jpg
71KB, 400x762px
>be heal lead
>notice guy on raid healing is using single target heals
>tell him what skills are better for group healing
>kk, got it
>he keeps using single target heals
what was his problem?
>>
>>390058140
J U N G L E F E V E R
name?
>>
>>390058043
People who never support generally are. Doctors, the literal smartest people, are a support role. They're helping people get better by diagnosing their illness and then prescribing medication. Nurses support doctors. See how all these kind and intelligent people are SUPPORTive.
>>
>>390055029
>t. cuck
>>
>>390058253
Brittany white I believe. And that photo doesn't do her justice.
>>
>>390058261
>Apply noncombat example to combat
Bet you like food analogies, a machinegunner would be a good example of a combat support. They give SUPPRESSING FIRE
>>
File: healing potion.jpg (30KB, 313x374px) Image search: [Google]
healing potion.jpg
30KB, 313x374px
Running medical squad support was the reason it was now all the players continue when there has it now that Overwatch generally has then groups again.
>>
>>390058575
People are so obsessed with cuckolding here. Are you all betas that dream of bbc? You sure talk about it constantly.
>>
>>390058689
ENGLISH
>>
>>390058689
Are you having a stroke? This is like google translated english.
>>
File: 1480158243499.jpg (9KB, 221x202px) Image search: [Google]
1480158243499.jpg
9KB, 221x202px
>playing games with defined roles
>playing team-based games with strangers over the internet
It's almost as if you like torturing yourselves.
>>
>>390058718
Spoken like a true cuck.
>>
>>390058689
What the fuck am I reading.
>>
>>390058689
i thought i lost the ability to read so i checked the replies, nope seems this person don't know how to write or used google translate 5 times minimum
>>
>>390058689
No surprise here, Overwatch players are either blizzdrones or third worlders who can barely speak English.
>>
>>390058907
that's why you play with friends and/or set up voice coms with established group members

playing alone in an inherently social game is deperessing
>>
>>390052602
>In, say, Overwatch, Mercy's healing beam is fuckoff annoying to play against because half the cast can insta-kill her target anyway, so it has to make whoever she's healing nigh-invincible to feel like it does anything.

Short TTK in shooters is one of the worst design choices a developer can make. Being able to kill from full in .2 seconds takes 80% of the challenge out of a game.
>>
File: 1486161563526.png (89KB, 353x332px) Image search: [Google]
1486161563526.png
89KB, 353x332px
>>390058689
Wut
>>
>>390059168
if you can read what he said please translate for the rest of us
>>
i had fun with lucio because hes fast, tanky by self heals, and had a real weapon that he never had to switch away from and could airblast
>>
File: 1454019156121.png (494KB, 728x624px) Image search: [Google]
1454019156121.png
494KB, 728x624px
>>390049581
>I guess healers in team FPS are for players who have shit aim and reflexes. Otherwise you'd have health packs/stations or regen.

Too bad the players that can't aim pick Sniper classes.
>>
File: MAG_(video_game).jpg (147KB, 300x352px) Image search: [Google]
MAG_(video_game).jpg
147KB, 300x352px
>videogame still uses classes
>doesn't use the system MAG had where each player has a certain weight/point limit and you can equip yourself with whatever weapons, armor and gear you want
>any player that wishes it can carry a personal healkit, so long as they shell out hte points for it
>>
File: 1295366214242.gif (2MB, 225x170px) Image search: [Google]
1295366214242.gif
2MB, 225x170px
>>390058689
>>
>>390050232
This. Ana was the reason for both triple tank and beyblade meta. And as much as I enjoy playing her (especially in comparison to other supports) she was and still is incredibly good.
>>
>>390048917
Support is the best class.
Dps is the compensating truck for guys who are insecure about their dicks.
Tank and healer require skill in everything and do all the shot calling.
On top of healing and tanking, you also play the dps role and gank as a jungle and have to have the 1v1 skills to beat a flanker dps at his own game.

Tldr only manbabies with tiny dicks don't main tank and healer.
>>
>>390060649
What if I play every role? I guess I've ascended.
>>
>>390060846
Yes fill is best.
>>
Setting up kills like getting massive CC-combos is also a factor, DPS chars don't usually have that.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.