[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Priest heals people when will this meme die? where's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 256
Thread images: 33

File: 1486866091538.jpg (35KB, 323x267px) Image search: [Google]
1486866091538.jpg
35KB, 323x267px
>Priest heals people

when will this meme die?

where's a fucking doctor/medic?
have you ever go to a priest for a stabbing wound?
>>
Only time it should be acceptable is if he cures debuffs
>>
it's because, back in the day, priests were the most learned people you could find
>>
jesus temporarily gave his disciples the ability to remove diseases from touching, although apparently faith was also required to remove the more powerful diseases

a lot of the classic mage spells appeared first in the bible

sorry if its not edgy enough for you, but that book is the source of a huge chunk of human culture
>>
>>390037557

>get hit for 700 damage
>go to doctor
>doctor tell me to rest for a week, gaining 100 HP a day
>>
Churches were the best places for education for a very long time.
>>
>>390037557
it's the power of placebo prayers
>>
>>390038007
>religion
>education

two very different things
>>
>>390037557
Back then people prefered to be healed by a priest than by a doctor.
>>
>>390038090
>retarded atheist teenager confirmed
>>
>>390038090
*tips*
>>
>>390038090
*tips fedora
>>
>>390037557
>He hasn't unlocked the 5th circuit and is unable to heal just by using their aura.

Do you even Christian Scientist?
>>
>>390037986
And then charges me $1000
>>
>>390038116
>believes in imaginary floating bearded folk
>calls other retarded

as i said, education and religion are very different things
>>
>>390038090
Christian monks were among the only people who bothered to become literate for centuries.
>>
>>390038178
>Christian monks were among the only people who were allowed to become literate for centuries.

fixed
>>
>>390038171
But churches for the longest time in history were the only places where people actually wrote, did mathematics and other sciences.
>>
>>390038171
>ignoring history because muh dawkins
>>
>>390038090
You know that most of schools in earth belong to religious organizations, right?
>>
>>390038242
is that american education at work?
>>
>>390038171
Sounds like you need to go to church, Anon.
>>
>>390038171
tipped my good sir
>>
>taking the bait
>>
>>390037557
Is that old guy the same guy from the Bro-oche sketch from Tim and Eric?
>>
>>390037557
This. Preists usually brutally murdered everyone throughout the history. See Spanish Enquisition for example.
Religion is evil af desu.
>>
>>390038331
>want me to get brainwashed

na uh
>>
>>390038171
because you really believe this, Ill give you a hint

the animosity between faith and education is an extremely recent concept, as religion has been (quite visibly) distorted into mouth-frothing, ignorant faith, and knowledge has been distorted into a frantic, logical opposition to the unknown, or to the idea that anything can remain unknown

originally, the most learned people simultaneously studied the natural world, and the nature of existence itself through spirituality and faith, and epistemology, what distinguishes them

these types of scholars created civilization itself, including many of the important greek scholars
>>
Fantasy =/= Reality

In fantasy worlds, extremely intelligent people can cast magic spells. Very wise people can cast healing magic, or channel the power of the gods. Just as very strong people can fight harder and longer then any realistic normal human can in real life.

Stop being a realism fag for half a second and get some taste, loser.
>>
>>390038328
Ok, at least in Europe anyway.

Gotta remember a lot of the renaissance inventors were also religious.
>>
>>390038338
this is /v/, not only is this not bait because obviously many anons here are mentally challenged and their only salvation is the lie of religion, but also because i know as an educated human my job is to help those who cannot help themselves.
>>
never realize 4chan is this uneducated. or is it just /pol/tard?
>>
>>390038405
Religion for much time was forced on people, of course many of the scholars and scientists who made the world what it is today were religious people, the fact is that if they weren't there would have been no change, honestly, if not for religion maybe they would be able to have done more.
>>
Doctors are pretty much glorified butchers that are also able to hand out drugs.
They just remove bad parts and expect you to heal yourself.
>>
Why are bosses called bosses?
>>
>>390038631
Because they "boss" the underlings around.
>>
>>390038624
how was it forced, precisely

was it anything like the modern world, where I'm forced to believe certain things about race or science, or have my reputation and financial opportunities ruined?

I dont think you can prove your statement as easily as I can prove mine
>>
>>390038627
t. I have no idea what I'm talking about.
>>
>>390038719
history books prove my statement, how exactly do you prove your lies?
>>
>>390038237
No, they were the only ones that bothered. Most nobles and Kings wouldn't even bother. The church didn't start trying to restrict literacy until the huge wave of book burning during the crusades, and by then the age of Monk's being the only literate people was pretty over.
>>
>>390038743
no u
>>
>>390037557
yeah
when my father was dying from a stab wound i brought him to my local priest to bury him early
>>
>>390038719
dude. if your family is Muslim or Christian. you are Muslim/ Christian by birth. you have no choice. that's how they forced people back then.
>>
>>390038743
actually he's right, doctors are clowns who know nothing beyond what they've been taught by someone else, very few of them do independent research, and indeed they can't due to litigation

the basic strategy of a doctor is diagnosis (an engineer did this for them) and then turn to sorcery (pharmaceuticals)
>>
>>390038338
I don't think this is bait. Op is an underageb& from br land. His education is absolutely zero.
>>
>>390038807
>Doctors are pretty much glorified butchers
>butchers know about Pathology, Histology, Cytology, Immunology, Orthopedic, etc

retard
>>
File: 1456526864759.gif (820KB, 3558x3364px) Image search: [Google]
1456526864759.gif
820KB, 3558x3364px
>>390038090
>>
>>390038789
I can't think of a more completely inadaquite defense. You cite a history book as a 'proof' and will almost certainly laugh if a christian said the bible is absolutely irrefutable, due to no conflict anywhere with natural science, separate histories, or itself

>>390038859
but how would that interfere with science? why do you first assume they are in conflict with each other, then act incredulous when someone states they are obviously not, at all, and the only reason anyone would even believe that is because of the general culture of assuming that this is true?
>>
>>390038885
another dude who has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>390038872
> "Human"

Begone, robot! How did you get past the captcha?!
>>
>>390037557
They are wizards, who use healing magic, not real life preachers.
>>
>>390039039
did you just compare history books to the bible?

ahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhah
>>
File: 0cd.png (194KB, 1251x585px) Image search: [Google]
0cd.png
194KB, 1251x585px
>>390038090
*tips*
>>
>>390038385
i know, right? today's most recent religion called progressivism that arose from an older religion of communism is the scourge of humanity, forcing irrational unsubstantiated beliefs onto people, witch hunting those who do not submit and attacking actual logic and learning that goes against their doctrines.
>>
>>390039039
You know this guy is baiting, right?

If he isn't, he's just an underageb&, he'll grow out of it without your intervention. And if he doesn't, nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>390039028
Not him, just a random Passerby, but of course Religion was the educating force back then. Back then that's all you had, there was no decentralized education for education's sake, Religion needed followers, and a mildly educated force that twists facts of the world with fictions of the tales were very useful to have.

Back then there was no alternative. Now we have better alternatives. Religious teachings are worse than non-religious teachings, so long as the option exists. If it doesn't, any education is better than none. A man can't teach himself, and thinking you know enough is the largest hubris.
>>
>>390039181
>he'll grow out of it without your intervention

i thought people stopped believing in imaginary friends as they grew up, not the other way around.

Americans are such an odd people.
>>
>>390039039
my point is that religion was forced on people back then. and it didn't make anything better. non-interference is the best case scenario
>>
File: 1503350785846.png (63KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1503350785846.png
63KB, 211x244px
>>390039135
>he thinks history books arent tainted by propaganda and bias
>>
>>390039135
I admit I'm being very generous

the bible has remained untouched for thousands of years, still incapable of producing anything but impotent rage and a few pitiful attempts to refute passages that are intentionally mistranslated or misapplied, by those who, by their own admission, have no interest in what the book actually means or says

versus books that are completely rewritten and reimagined each time a new government rises, or new fad becomes the social norm
>>
>>390039284
as opposed to....
>>
>>390038872
How did this thing get in /v/?
>>
>>390038405
>animosity between faith and education is an extremely recent concept

you should read a history book instead of bible
>>
>>390039164
>/pol/
>>
File: 1447022506845.png (174KB, 416x396px) Image search: [Google]
1447022506845.png
174KB, 416x396px
>>390039306
bible
>>
>>390039395
truth hurts, doesn't it you nu-religious sjw faggot?
>>
>>390039306
Not him, but, well, NOT. Nowadays it's easier than ever to control people, but harder than ever to lie to them. Nowadays if anyone wants the answer to anything, they can just connect to one of the billions of the always active smartphone to get truth on current events.

Anything in history that occurred before the "telephone" is likely more lies than it is truth.
>>
>>390039410
kek
>>
>>390038359
>not knowing Harold
summer is over m8
>>
>>390039425
>Nowadays it's easier than ever to control people, but harder than ever to lie to them.

by trying to sound clever or profound you kinda made your statement contradict itself there, buddy, you might not be very good at this.
>>
>>390039425
more truth than the bible. dude
>>
>>390039384
taken within the context of this more aggressive discussion, and the more vicious exaggerations, it makes less sense to say that religion and secular understanding are not regularly opposed to one another

but taken as a whole, history contains far more examples of faith and genuine secular study working successfully together

when faith becomes a source of conflict, its usually another faith, or just warlike intent that provides the violent counterpoint, not knowledge

again a gruesome oversimplification, but my original point, that faith and science working together (almost exclusively among whites) has produced all of the great advances in civilization remains absolutely correct
>>
>>390039410
>bible
>not tainted by propaganda and bias

hahaha faggot
now the quran on the other hand...
>>
>>390039384
show me where Religion is as widely disregarded anywhere in history as it is today and in recent history in the western world
Protip:there's none
>>
>>390039206
>Back then that's all you had, there was no decentralized education for education's sake
>Back then there was no alternative.
You got that wrong, it's not 'there was no alternative'. it's 'they were the only ones who cared about improving humanity and giving education to the population' .
>Religion needed followers, and a mildly educated force that twists facts of the world with fictions of the tales were very useful to have.
Needing followers and educating people on Mathematics, science, physics are total opposites, take more than 15 seconds reading the picture I posted. And you will understand the contribution made by those people to different science fields
>>
>>390039560
There's nothing profound about what I said, it's just a general statement. Connecting everyone together is a great way to encourage sheep mentality, but you can't lie and say that your enemies eat babies, because they can just prove that they don't.
>>
>>390039425
that's why nobody wants real answers anymore, they just stare at their glass boxes with a "cnn" tag in the corner where small talking heads explain things to them in an easy, simple to understand way.

and then call those who try to find the truth by themselves bigots or racists, no doubt the modern version of heretic!
>>
>>390039616
i wonder if that fact has anything to do with the other fact that in recent history humanity has evolved much more than in many centuries combined.

thanks for proving that religion holds back the world.
>>
File: 1500510864853.jpg (90KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500510864853.jpg
90KB, 1024x768px
>>390038789
>>390039384
Can you name any of these "history books"
>>
>>390039560
>he thinks that statement contradicts itself
>he hasn't heard this statement before

wanna know how i know you grew up in the late 90s?
>>
>>390039425
history books are based on true story. some words might be twisted but histories are recorded by multiple writers and you can compare their story to each other and fact checking to some degree.

bible is pure 100% concentrated FANTASY
>>
>>390039689
>There's nothing profound about what I said

that's exactly what i said...
>>
>>390038719
nobody's forcing you to believe the opinions shared by dozens of people who have spent a lot more time researching the issue than you have
however, being free to be wrong does not entitle you to receive the benefits of being right
the problem is perspective, where you start by thinking you deserve something and that if you don't get it then someone else is interfering
when in actuality the thing you expect to receive has to be earned, and the way things are earned involves being right about the way the world works and applying that understanding
when you ultimately fail beyond all hope of understanding the real world, your last resort will be one of shooting innocent people in a church or running over people with a car for disagreeing with you to show everyone how "right" you are
>>
>>390039736
Except you just described the gospels
>>
>>390039731
all of them.

now you.
>>
>>390038116

>christfags have only one butthurt response
>absolutely refuse to argue their position
>>
>>390039813
>gospels

more bullshit fantasy
>>
>>390039718
That's not what evolved means
>>
>>390039718
Irrelevant, stay on subject and provide proof otherwise you have no argument
>>
>>390039736
People nowdays already exaggerate and get shit wrong about what happens "yesterday," and you're going to be bold enough to claim that just because 2 people correlate the same bullshit about something thousands of years that somehow makes it credible?

Protip, almost all sources from long ago can be completely fabricated. There's no way to fact check against someone that doesn't exist, and all it takes is someone to make a fanfiction of a fanfiction of something someone said to come up with a gigantic lie that the person who wrote it forgot was probably not as certain as it should have been.

After all, even nowadays, people like to tell half truths, saying all the good they do while intentionally leaving out the bad. Like the Korean War for America.

>>390039769
You were implying that I was attempting to sound profound, accusing me of being pretentious or something. If you don't want to converse, then just fuck off. This entire line of dialogue is pointless.
>>
>>390039735
knowing how difficult it is to find useful information, when search directories openly admit that they choose what filters to the top

and they censor things they don't approve of

and even if they didn't do these things the 'popular' answers still rise to the top

you can't really believe that relevant information is readily accessible to the average person?

intelligence agencies openly admit that their job is to create so much mis-information that no one can possibly know what's really going on
>>
>science and religion have never been more separated than they are now
>we're literally in the process of sending people to mars and the world has evolved more in the last 20 years than it did in the previous 2000

?????
>>
>>390039736
lol gay
>>
>>390039736
>bible is pure 100% concentrated FANTASY
The Roman Empire was fantasy?
Wine is a fantasy?
Donkeys are a fantasy?
>>
>>390039718
>humanity has evolved much more than in many centuries combined.
there has been no evolutionary change in humanity for many millennia. just because you have a smartphone doesn't mean you're evolved. take that away, make you up in a dilapidated village somewhere in middle east or africa and you'll be no different from a peasant from 5k years ago.

an unwashed, ignorant ape that pretends to be human while eating up currently popular propaganda, believes himself better than others, and does exactly what is told plus thinks the way he's expected to by authority figures like the government, the church or the educational facilities.
>>
The only people who are religious now a days are

Dumb shits from third world countries
Mentally ill shut ins from first world countries
>>
>>390039807
nothing that you've said has anything to do with the subject we are discussing

you're just going on a mental road trip, when I asked you to explain how you know that any religion forced someone to believe its tenets, in opposition to refutable reality? (science works by refutation, not proof)

statistically, this happens some of the time, but do you believe it happens in all cases? or that it hindered science? can you prove that? I don't think you can, which is my point
>>
>>390040025
As someone who constantly cavorts with the Mormon Church, I don't want to hold it against them, but it is always like I'm speaking to another species of human.

People being born into religious teaching are pitiable.
>>
>>390037557

priests were the very first official documented herbalists and probably practitioning medics bub
>>
Who knew that /v/ was filled with retarded christcucks? Have fun worshipping your sandnigger on a stick.
>>
>>390037557
Priests know miracles in a game where magical shit actually exists. Doctors and medics aren't needed since priests can just conjure up the power of whatever holy entity to heal people.
>>
>>390040124

When you have nothing to live for other than video games you'd better find something to believe in when you're shitty life ends.
>>
>>390039951
you are confusing two points and mixing them together.

You are 100% correct about misinformation. However, we must also accept that there is a legitimate "official story" that most sheep will flock to, and blindly believe. And in that sense, you are not lying to them, for they have never sought the truth. you are simply controlling them.
>>
>>390040020
>let me nitpick a word from your whole statement in order to make myself sound smarter

english is not my first language, at least my education allows me to speak to you in a simplified language which is also the only one you know.
>>
>>390040162
I'd rather focus on living the life I have than waiting for an afterlife that doesn't exist. You're literally wasting your entire existence. I honestly feel sorry for you.
>>
>>390037557
Beyond the religious implication, there is historical precedent for priests as healers.
>>
>>390040189
but wasnt your original point that you can get 'truth' from a smartphone

our benefactors wouldnt be doing their job if that were the case
>>
ITT:Retards reply to one guy baiting hard
>>
>>390040293
that's not me anon
>>
>>390038090
•dims medora :DDDDD
>>
>>390040198
>said the slave, smugly stroking his ego after taking down yet another imaginary windmill his masters propped up to keep him occupied and unaware of his true will
>>
>>390038090

You do know that Cambridge and Oxford were originally monasteries?
>>
arguing about the existence of some floaty god person makes as much sense as arguing about the existence of the easter bunny, the proof of existence is none in both cases.

why even try?
>>
>>390040474
*upboats* i also read dawkins and hitchens!
>>
>>390038405
tl;dr: it is now hipster to be religious
>>
>>390040456
oh boy....
>>
>lots of people rite about how holocaust happened

>Its history

>lots of people write about jesus' adventures in sandland

>Its fantasy
>>
>>390040632

Next level schizophrenia
>>
>>390040461
As were almost all libraries
And schools
and pretty much every ancient academic institution

*puts fedora on head*
Lol but fuck religion amirite guise?!?
>>
File: 1505135915516.jpg (120KB, 674x672px) Image search: [Google]
1505135915516.jpg
120KB, 674x672px
>>390038090
>being this much of an edgy teen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel
>scientist, Augustinian friar and abbot of St. Thomas' Abbey
>gained posthumous recognition as the founder of the modern science of genetics
>>
>>390040553
Your ironic retardation sure showed him!
>>
>>390037557
If the priest knows a fucking magic spell where he holds up a wand and all my wounds vanish then yes I'd go to a goddamn priest over a doctor
>>
>>390038090
Google "learned professions" and tell me what the 3 fields are. Fact: If your job doesn't fall into one of these three fields, you're a dumb shit.
>>
>church has nothing to do with healing
>healing arts are a type of supernatural power completely separate from magic
>>
>>390039424
>Assuming the opposite.
Pleb.
The annoying part is that you are completely ignorant of anything resembling the reality, but you are so sure you are correct it really does not matter to you.
>>
>>390039736
history is always written by the victors. it's never objective. you always have to look at the alternative sources that speak of the other side's account to form a more cohesive view point.

did you know kim jong un can heal with his touch and created a cure for aids from his boogers? write this down as history, then wait 1000 years. another holy book added to the collection of ancient texts, some meant to be taken philosophically as metaphors, but instead taken literally by idiots and warped into magic the gathering like the bible or hindu vedas, others written as outright propaganda to glorify the human emperor as a god, like the sumerian tablets and their derivatives.
>>
>>390040474
>using the positivism meme
>>
I'm all for believing the existence of some kind of 'god' but I wont ever believe a human telling me what god is or what his rules are.

I believe in God, but I don't believe in religion.
>>
Hindu-Buddhists accurately measured the size of the universe, age of the universe, and the age of Earth 2000 years before modern science even got its first estimate.
>>
>>390040840
no amount of aloofness will change the fact that "muh gb2pol" is an ad hominem used when you can't face things that insult your beliefs, such as progressivism being a new age religion, derivated from the communist manifesto.
>>
>>390040931

That's fair
>>
File: sad.jpg (124KB, 537x452px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
124KB, 537x452px
>>390040796
>tfw engineer
>tfw I will always be brainlet compared to Doctors, Lawyers and Pastors/Priests
I knew I should've pursued a career of a Bible linguist
>>
>>390037935
You mean western culture right? Asian religion is completely different.
>>
>>390041042
source?

>>390041180
engineering is harder than law and medicine, medicine requires you to sacrifice more time because of how long the training overall is
>>
>>390041192
sure it is
>>
>>390040461
lol no they weren't you fucking Christcuck
>>
File: 1493184239458.jpg (59KB, 559x399px) Image search: [Google]
1493184239458.jpg
59KB, 559x399px
>>390041305
>engineering is harder than law or medicine
>>
>>390037557
Videogames aren't real.
Videogames with healing priests tend to have a magic system.
Priests can learn healing magic because something something healing magic is holy arts.

VIDEOGAMES AREN'T REAL
>>
>>390041513
Healing magic is real, you have just been brainwashed to see a through a reality tunnel that says otherwise.
>>
>>390041192
asians have their own christ. he's called krishna. it's an archetype of a savior that reappears all the time when humanity is collectively suffering, but too passive, afraid or complacent to do anything about it.
>>
Mate, if you can literally just pray to heal people, why the fuck would you want to treat people with medicine.
>>
>>390041607
Ancestor worship in China and Shinto in Japan are practiced. Not everyone is Buddhist, that's India. Why does everyone have to fit into one of your boxes?
>>
>>390041598
>Healing magic is real
t. Pentecostal
>>
File: IMG_0668.png (53KB, 250x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.png
53KB, 250x219px
>nun heals people
>>
>>390041715
japan is largely atheist these days. shinto was derived from hinduism, as buddhism, krishna worship and even western religions were.
>>
>>390041795
>thinks atheism and shintoism/buddhism are exclusive

stop talking you're digging yourself into a hole
>>
>>390041721
Close. Episcopalian but secretly studying Gnostic literature right now.
>>
>>390041795
But not ancestor worship in china? Also I know you're just making shit up. Japan is not mostly atheist, a quick google search shows that. Also Shinto has nothing to do with Krishna. Again have you ever studied histor? You sound like my crazy cousin, saying everything has to be like something else cuz otherwise you can't process it.
>>
File: ishygddt (32).jpg (131KB, 1060x988px) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt (32).jpg
131KB, 1060x988px
>>390041849
>practices Holy Eucharists
>b-b-but we're totally protestants guise
>>
>>390041715
you should probably stop moving the goalposts. i never said anything about everyone in asia being buddhist, just that krishna is to asians what jesus is to whites.

not every white accepts jesus as a god savior, after all arabs are a subset of whites too, and they see jesus as just a man.
>>
Fuck it I'm requesting exterminatus on this thread. Keep /pol/ shit in /pol/ there is zero discussion of vidya here it's just senseless baiting at this point.
>>
File: 1330842006083.jpg (9KB, 175x201px) Image search: [Google]
1330842006083.jpg
9KB, 175x201px
>>390041504
>engineering is harder than medicine
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy.
>>
>>390042003
The act of Transubstantiation is magic. It turns the bread into literal body and the wine to literal blood. Only one who is unable to perceive truth would say otherwise.
>>
>>390042114
do you not know how to read greentext with reaction images yet, newfag?
>>
>>390042186
I was trying to respond to the faggot he responded to but fucked up the post number.
>>
File: laughing guy coffee.png (155KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
laughing guy coffee.png
155KB, 800x800px
>>390042132
>Transubstantiation
And I thought it's only the Catholics who are miseducated
>>
>>390040931
I'm the complete opposite from growing up in a Catholic enviroment. I can' bring myself to believe in a God, yet I don't think there is anything wrong with that sense of spiritual awe. I think that at a personal level, the order and guidance a church like structure can provide a lot of good, appreciation, and gratitude, and has helped me grow into a better person.
>>
File: 00344.jpg (349KB, 1280x1817px) Image search: [Google]
00344.jpg
349KB, 1280x1817px
At what age did you stop being an atheist?
>>
File: 1492929510957.jpg (46KB, 600x662px) Image search: [Google]
1492929510957.jpg
46KB, 600x662px
>priests and monks are dumb and never contributed to society
American education, everyone
>>
File: 1465298085219.png (249KB, 972x352px) Image search: [Google]
1465298085219.png
249KB, 972x352px
>>390042132
only literal minded gaylords think it's actual magic, not a symbolic representation of jesus's last supper. then again, what can you expect from protestants? they have no spiritual insight.
>>
>>390039305
>the bible has been untouched for thousands of years
Wrong. How naive of you to think so.
>>
File: 1461753687329.png (21KB, 654x627px) Image search: [Google]
1461753687329.png
21KB, 654x627px
>>390037557
>when will this meme die?
>where's a fucking doctor/medic?
>have you ever go to a priest for a stabbing wound?

I'd probably go to a priest in a world where gods and magic literally exist and priests can get their gods to magically heal fatal wounds instantly
>>
>>390041848
Don't know much about Shinto but Buddhism can be pretty wacky. Mindfulness is great and there's a lot of great practical stuff we can learn learn from eastern mysticism and spiritual practises, but Buddhism is definitely a religion.
>>
>>390037557
>have you ever go to a priest for a stabbing wound?
Yes.
>>
>>390040854
>history is always written by the victors.
loser excuse
>>
>>390041305
The kalpa system in Buddhism measured universal cycles and the movement of celestial bodies. Gautama, the current Buddha, is the one born in this cycle during the third kalpa of this universe. Each kalpa is measured in 4.5 billion year lengths.

The first cycle was 4.5 billion, then the second 4.5 billion, and then the Gautama Buddha was born at the beginning of the third 4.5 billion year period.

They said that this cycle of the universe as a whole began 12.5 to 13 billion years ago and that the full cycle of a universe is 20 billion years. This was during the 100BC period of philosophical mathematics in Buddhism during the spread through China and northern Asia.

Maitreya is supposed to appear soon in order to show humanity as a whole the path to enlightenment in preparation for the death of the Earth.
>>
>>390041042
And yet no renown scientists ever came from buddhism.
>>
>>390038090
Meh. *tips*
>>
>>390037557
Back in the day hospitals were run by the church.
>>
File: 1503797178225.jpg (57KB, 460x1534px) Image search: [Google]
1503797178225.jpg
57KB, 460x1534px
>Priests, clerics and bishops all have different roles in parties
How come I obly saw that meme in Wizardry and Tree of Savior?
>>
>>390037557
Is Harold /our guy/?
>>
File: herbalist-preparing-a.jpg (51KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
herbalist-preparing-a.jpg
51KB, 550x412px
>>390037986
>get hit for 700 damage
>go to doctor
>doctor tells me he's worried about my health and prescribes me 3 different medications
>HP continues to decrease over the next few years
>eventually doctor tells me my health has slipped even further and prescribes an additional 2 medications on top of the original 3
>go to chiropractor
>he tells me to fix nutritional deficiencies and consume more herbs
>700 damage feels like nothing now
Why are chiropractors, nutritionists, and herbalists so under-represented in games, bros?
>>
>>390039028
They were smart in spite of religious influence. Religion is antithetical to intelligence, progress, etc; see Muslims banning drawings, Tibetan Buddhists oppressing smiths, etc, etc.

Galileo is probably on that list, too, which says enough.
>>
>>390037786
Fucking this, priests were the doctors/medics at one point. It's why fantasy often has them as healers.
>>
>Wizard casts spells instead of shitposting from his mother's cheeto dust-encased basement
Woah
>>
>Wizards don't use ingredients for "spells"
https://youtu.be/8oWAb5NVALw
>>
>>390040025
As opposed to people like you? Who believe in nothing except the belief that there's nothing to believe in?

I mean, what's the difference between you and a Christian smugly talking down to a Muslim for "believing in the wrong god?"

You're both being faggots.
>>
>>390040260
What is about your life that's honestly worth living for?
>>
In old timea The clergy were the only knowledgable people
>>
>>390041078
Actually, "gb2pol" is generally spouted when /pol/acks turn an otherwise unassuming thread into their own personal platform for political and/or religious discourse.

I have no issue talking about politics or religion but not on a board that's supposed to be discussing video games as a matter-of-fact, especially when it's people like you forcing the issue yet have no intentions of actually arguing your points in a cohesive matter.
>>
>>390044507
>he doesn't enjoy anything
Suffer pointlessly for the rest of your life.
>>
>>390044693
>implying shitting on religions isn't anymore /pol/ like than shitting on communism
you were there first, champ. or if it wasn't you, he, and you attacked just me because you got triggered by my views while ignoring his, because you agreed with his socio-political views.
>>
>>390040025
/thread
>>
>>390044762
No, I'm asking YOU personally, what is it about your life that's honestly worth living for?

I know why I'm still living, I'm just curious about what keeps you going when you waste your time debating others about which belief system is better.
>>
>>390038090
Nigga you know who the fuck brought literacy to the savages living on the empire of Britannia?

Motherfucking Roman Jesus worshippers
>>
>>390044879
>muh victim complex
Typical, you'd think that a board culture built around political correctness would bear fruit with thicker skin.
>>
>>390045069
>evading actually answering to throw out a buzzword and shame
>>
>>390039868
Read Europe by Norman Davies

Until about the 17th century almost everyone was religious to some extent, whether they were educated or not
>>
>>390045124
>why won't people let me shitpost in peace :'(
Maybe if you weren't a caustic sack of shit, rocking the boat for (you)'s and virtue signalling, then maybe people would be more willing to debate you on your positions.

Instead, you say shit, accuse others of being the group that you hate, derail threads for even referencing politics or religion, and then cry about it when people rightfully tell you to fuck off and gb2pol!
>>
File: DEUSVULT.png (168KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
DEUSVULT.png
168KB, 657x527px
>>390038385
>Priest DPS class
>>
>>390043317
And yet the majority of modern math was invented by Hindu-Buddhist.
>>
>>390042983
Story time anon
>>
File: 1491896262845.png (69KB, 1299x546px) Image search: [Google]
1491896262845.png
69KB, 1299x546px
>>390041078
>no amount of aloofness will change the fact that "muh gb2pol" is an ad hominem used when you can't face things that insult your beliefs, such as progressivism being a new age religion, derivated from the communist manifesto.

When people say "fuck off /pol/"
its not because they're "libcucks" or whatever the fuck, its because its a videogame board and no one wants to hear about politics except fags from /pol/

The reason people hate SJWs and feminists is because they inject politics into everything. People hate them because videogames are just fucking videogames and there was no reason for the left to get so fucking political about them, and now people hate /pol/ because they're just fucking videogames/comics/cartoons and there is no fucking reason to get so political about them.

I don't care whether its the right or the left trying to convert me to their political side so that I can join their weird flaccid slapfight that the youth of today seems to be all about. I get that its the new hip thing in america to pick a team and act retarded online about it, but I just want to talk about videogames, politics can fuck off. If for some reason my life was sad enough that I wanted to have pretend fights with people online over american politics I wouldn't be looking to pretend like I'm making some kind of difference on a videogame image board

Anyone that genuinely thinks /v/ hated SJWs and feminists because they disagreed with their political beliefs and not because they wouldn't quit making videogames political is a fucking retard and can just fuck off to wherever they saw their 4chan screencaps from
>>
>>390045425
i only said that progressivism and communism are this age's religions, but according to you it seems i've also been posting all these atheist muh science posts and half of this thread's off topic trash. spoiler: i didn't. there's more people in here.

to define, a religion is not about a personal god, but a collection of doctrines, collective belief in some force greater than the worshiper and in some cases something that opposes that force, otherwise buddhism, krishna worship etc. would be out.

progressivism fulfills all of those, with its set of political correctness doctrines, beliefs in progress, equality and tolerance and the evil white capitalist patriarchy opposing it. it has its antifa zealots willing to kill for denouncing it, it has priests who preach it in the churches called colleges and so on.

thus, it's a religion. same goes for any other collectivist ideology, nationalism, globalism and all politics. they're this age's religions.

>>390046031
progressivism is not politics anymore than christianity is. it's a social ideology, a new age religion.
>>
>>390038872
kys fedora tipper
>>
>>390038090
kys fedora tipper
>>
>>390046189
And y'know what, that's all very interesting, but still off topic in regards to the board and you should take this finding over to a place where you can discuss it among other like-minded individuals.
Like /pol/
>>
>>390038171
kys fedora tipper
>>
File: 1489374350880.jpg (79KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489374350880.jpg
79KB, 400x300px
Ok fuckface, you tell me what sounds more fun:

A doctor sticks a needle in your are and BAM! you're all better, or...

THE VERY POWER OF GOD SURROUNDS YOU WITH A GOLDEN LIGHT AND COMPELS YOU WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE AGREES WITH YOUR MESSAGE AND FILLS YOU WITH EVEN MORE STRENGTH THAN YOU HAD BEFORE!
>>
>>390046353
the entire religion discussion that's 90% of this shitpost thread is off topic, so fuck off with your selective bias.
>>
>>390038090

*tips fedora*
>>
>>390039135
kys fedora tipper
>>
File: 530ead90d9685.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
530ead90d9685.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
>>390046452
Easy choice.
>>
>>390046510
Did I ever say that they should stay? Take them with you!

You're both being faggots and should leave to talk about religion and politics with other faggots!
>>
File: SmiteTCG.jpg (14KB, 289x210px) Image search: [Google]
SmiteTCG.jpg
14KB, 289x210px
>>390037557
I just wish games would move away from the meme that
holy/light magic = healing/protection
Let me smite my foes with holy vengeance as a priest or bishop not some pansy plate wearing paladin that gets a few protection, healing and buff spells. I know priests in WoW have a bit of it but it's still healing hybrid stuff. Let me go full divine wrath on everything unclean not make it about healing again.
>>
Seriously though, why does everyone hate Jews?
>>
>>390046815
They always try to fuck you up
>>
>>390037557
>he does not know that Americans are so much against healthcare because priests do the same job for free, if you have the faith
> faithless libtards never going to church
Well, of course, hahaha.

>he only treats his body
>not his soul
Sad. Priests are among the most chill people, mostly. They are also human, which means you need not be afraid of them.
>>
File: nun.png (523KB, 1079x579px) Image search: [Google]
nun.png
523KB, 1079x579px
>he doesnt go to the clergy when injuried
ur missing out m8
>>
>>390046815
you know how blacks hate whitey?
>>
>>390045808
Lol no. They just invented the numbers. Then some persian muslim 'invented' basic arithmetic. And finally the christians perfected math.
>>
>>390038090
*tips*
>>
>>390046879
But everyone also does that
>>390047247
Slavery?
>>
>>390046619
That is if you go full Mengele. Other healers aren't as fun as the Medic.
>>
>>390047171
Source?

Google, yandex, and saucenao gave me nothing.
>>
>>390047545
>Slavery?

In that case blacks would hate blacks.
>>
>>390043976
Chiros are great when I actually have a problem, but I really don't believe the once regular checkup meme.

For a dentist, I can feel it, but for a doctor or a chiro? Lol no.
>>
>>390047634
(C92) [UU-ZONE (nuezou)] Galko Ah!? (Oshiete! Galko-chan)
>>
File: nun2.png (402KB, 1180x389px) Image search: [Google]
nun2.png
402KB, 1180x389px
>>390047634
it is a mystery
>>
>>390047545
Every nationality in existence has been both a master and a slave at some point in their history.

It's only blacks who cry about it, and even then, they only cry about it because they never learned to let shit go and blame white people for all their problems while perpetuating a culture built upon violence and ignorance while ridiculing those who actually wish to grow beyond that culture as "trying to be white."

It's sickening.
>>
>>390047701
Well isn't that what's happening in Africa?
>>
>>390047247
jews are also white, so this doesn't really work. should've used "you know how poor blacks hate successful blacks?" for this to be accurate.

success breeds contempt, especially when the successful ones make sure the unsuccessful can't climb after them.
>>
>>390047954
Thank you
>>
>>390040687
>the church kept wanting to censor his work so he had to do crazy workarounds and clandestine research to pursue his work

Well done proving his point.
>>
>>390037786
This, I am Pakistani I can confirm in old days there were islamic people who would solve problems regarding health and it continued even in modern times but the tradition have been dead since all the criticism towards islam and generally those guys stayed there instead of growing their knowledge.
my mom actually got hair disease which was cured by one of those priest but obviously he did give some kind of medicine but he also did some magic and shit basically those were some phrases, they just do that because those priests don't know the logic themselves but the things they do actually work
>>
>>390047634
Garbage, don't bother.
>>
>>390037786
They were also the first bankers

Where are my banker priests
>>
>>390038090
education, something you never got
>>
File: ur an apple.png (209KB, 483x507px) Image search: [Google]
ur an apple.png
209KB, 483x507px
>>390048149
>nuezou
>garbage
>>
>>390038171
nigga the most stupid person in the vatican right now can probably give you lectures for 20 years
>>
>>390048097
>success breeds contempt, especially when the successful ones make sure the unsuccessful can't climb after them.
Niggers who complain about white people "holding them back" are like hillbillies who complain about all the illegals "stealing their jobs."

Even then, there is no bigger hurdle for modern blacks to overcome than dealing with niggers and before you say anything, there is a difference.
>>
>>390037557

If you can except a magician shooting fireballs instead of doing pitty parlor tricks for laughs why not?
>>
I am very impressed a lot of people here actually do have faith maybe not fully religious. all the other communities and chat room I stumble upon are all atheists and constantly shove it in your face that ho good it is to be atheist
>>
>>390038090

Monks in Europe were by far the leading experts in medicin for a long time. They had an education in both the flesh and the sprit.
>>
>>390048443
Atheism is basically like any other religion, most keep quiet but the obnoxious ones paint the entire group in a bad light.
>>
Religion was important because it kept women from abandoning the family unit out of sheer boredom. One thing Islam does right is that it advocates for treating your wife like an ugly dog.
>>
File: Cx_kEmxVQAAVFFb.jpg (38KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
Cx_kEmxVQAAVFFb.jpg
38KB, 640x470px
>>390048097
>jews pretend to be white

Fixed
>>
>>390048391
i know there is. nigger is to a black man what redneck/white trash/wigger is to a white man.

a dumb life form, closer to animal than man, and the very definition of the "goyim" the talmud speaks of.

a crab on the bottom of the bucket that tries to hold those above it down to prevent them from escaping the bucket, in need of a good kick to the face to learn its place.

>>390048830
they are a subset of the white root race the same way slavs, anglos, latinos, indian aryans and arabs are.
>>
File: kap_B3an.png (534KB, 658x935px) Image search: [Google]
kap_B3an.png
534KB, 658x935px
>>390046750
The priests/inquisitors in HoMM 5 do this fairly well.
>>
>>390049018
>they are a subset of the white root race the same way slavs, anglos, latinos, indian aryans and arabs are.

There is so much incorrect information here that I don't even know where to start
>>
>>390048097
>jews are also white
>>
File: 1386490661496.png (195KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
1386490661496.png
195KB, 800x764px
>>390049018
>they are a subset of the white root race the same way slavs, anglos, latinos, indian aryans and arabs are
>>
>>390048097

>jews are also white

If they were white then they wouldn't be allowed to give each other scholarships.
>>
>>390040124
when /pol/ began raids
>>
>>390049247
>>390049269
>>390049236
>>390049220
but that's their end game. make themselves appear as non-white in the eyes of the goyim, have them destroy other whites and be the only whites left in the seas of goyim for them to control.

they're effectively subverting and eliminating the competing kingdoms to achieve complete supremacy. the "holy people", "chosen by god", the "aryan ubermensch who hover over the seas of the goyim untermensch slaves". that's all from their talmud.
>>
Priest healing is ez mode
>magic is real
>powerful magical beings exist
>if you pray to them they listen
>I pray to you to give me the strength to heal this wound

Why can druids heal though?
>>
>>390049236
>jews aren't white
>they can do whatever they want, protected class who nobody can touch
>jews are white
>they get hit by every progressive anti white shit too, because they qualify
right back at you.
>>
>>390037557
Jesus,nigga
>>
>>390037557
You wouldn't go to a jeweler for a toothache nowadays, but that's what you did in prehistoric times.
The more you know.
>>
>priests are super effective against undead

So why this interaction then?
>>
>>390049579
>make themselves appear as non-white in the eyes of the goyim

Nah they often make themselves look white when it profits them like in >>390048830
>>
>>390049163

>I am an american and i don't anything about history besides muh slavery and such.

You don't have to be a christfag to understand that much of the progress was made by men of the cloth for a long time in certian fields.
>>
>>390049996
the low class ones, sure. they're in the same boat.

the upper classes and the 1% always set themselves as a separate race so that they can rake in the minority privileges. if the lesser ones who aren't rich present themselves as white, they can go do that. they're dumb goyim too, only the rich and powerful have the blessing of moloch to be the chosen of god.
>>
>ask priest character to heal me
>he says "sure thing"
>"that'll be 10% of your income"
>frustrated but out of options I submit
>"alright let's begin"
>he starts splashing water over me getting my clothes wet while yelling gibberish in my ear
>tell him I don't feel any better
>he says I must not believe in god hard enough
>he walks away
>I die
>game over
>>
File: Tooru.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tooru.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
https://youtu.be/OLufcndoXqk
Thread posts: 256
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.