[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>can charm unlimited mega elixirs >can charm nova armors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

File: chronotrigger-sfcc.jpg (69KB, 550x371px) Image search: [Google]
chronotrigger-sfcc.jpg
69KB, 550x371px
>can charm unlimited mega elixirs
>can charm nova armors
What were they thinking? Stealing is so broken in this game.
>>
>>390028442
The game is easy anyway even without stealing.
>>
>Can charm like twelve speed tabs from the enemies in the Black Omen that don't respawn
>Can charm literally infinite power tabs from enemies that do respawn

Stealing being good is one of my favorite things.

I'm playing SMTIV:Apocalypse and the number of enemies that trade you incenses and bead chains and shit for nothing is ridiculous. It's basically stealing.
>>
>spending time grinding
>spending time grinding for money
>spending time stealing many of the same items

If you do any of these things, you are autistic, and everything wrong with how people play JRPGs.
>>
>>390028714
I mean the main character in FFIX was a thief, and even in that game stealing wasn't as powerful as it's in CT. And Ayla isn't even any sort of a thief class, she's literally and figuratively a beast melee fighter.

Eh, I didn't really farm incenses in SMTIV, the game was pretty easy as is, even on War. The final boss was basically the only challenge, although a pretty tough one. Didn't bother with the post-game content though.
>>
>>390028858
I was just grinding a wee bit to finish learning all the techs on all characters for completion's sake, when I discovered those apes give mega elixirs when charmed.
>>
>>390028920

Still not an exception. If it's certain that the game awards you something for 100% completion, then it's borderline acceptable, but otherwise you're just wasting time.
>>
Even without stealing the game practically throws mega elixirs (and basically everything else you need throughout the game) at you near the end. I only stole 3 or so from enemies just to see if I could and in the final fights I was popping mega elixirs when a normal heal would do just for the hell of it.
>start Chrono Trigger for the first time
>buy a stack of ~10 potions
>by the time I need to use one the game has already thrown three more at me
>>
>talking about the gameplay of a JRPG
how much of a brainlet are you, its filler between cutscenes
>>
The game is crazy easy. This and Mario RPG were my first RPG games, and I actually found Mario RPG to be tougher
>>
>>390029112
>playing for completion is only acceptable if there's a carrot dangling before you
Now THAT'S cancerous. Playing for completion's sake is its own reward.
>>
>>390029223
That's a lot of filler then. Much more than "gameplay filler" between dialogues in western RPGs.
>>
>>390029242
>>390028519
>>390029129

Why do you people even bother saying this about a JRPG? You look fucking pathetic when you flex your dick over such a casual genre.

Obviously, OP is in the wrong for starting the thread, but when you reply in a similar manner, it's just dumb and dumber.

>>390029223
This guy gets it
>>
>>390029482
Why are you even in this thread?
>>
>>390029428
are you seriously trying to say a JRPG has more gameplay than a western rpg
>>
>>390029242
>>390029482
Samefag
Nobody cares. Go whine and bitch somewhere else
>>
>>390029482
>You look fucking pathetic when you flex your dick over such a casual genre.
No one's flexing their dick, the game is commonly acknowledged to be pretty breezy even for the more casual games of the genre, which you might know if you didn't have such a hardon for shitposting about games you haven't played.
>>
>>390029541
depends what wRPG are we talking about. I would say the witcher games, especially 1, have less gameplay than CT
>>
>>390029667
I wouldn't even call the witcher an rpg personally
>>
>>390029540
To see if people are seriously going to respond in such ways. My suspicions were correct after all.

>>390029348
Sure, play for completion. Just don't talk about how easy the game is, when you spent optional time getting decked out with literally 100% of the best equipment and abilities.

>>390029646
>the game is commonly acknowledged to be pretty breezy even for the more casual games of the genre
See, you're flexing your dick again. Please reread your post and see the irony.
>>
>>390029698
ah I see I'm dealing with an idiot then, nevermind
>>
>>390029541
Are you seriously trying to say the opposite?
>>
>>390029764
the gameplay of the witcher is even shallower than jrpgs, but thats just one western rpg which is an exception
>>
>>390029836
>fallout

and no, I don't just mean 3/NV/4. Though NV less than the others
>>
>>390029761
I will talk about how easy the game is whenever I want, as much as I want.
It's not like it was easy without the side quest rewards already.
Either way, rushing through the game and missing on additional content and story bits is way worse than "wasting time" doing those.
>>
>>390029883
yeah, fallout has more gameplay than jrpgs
>>
>>390029962
no it does not, you spend more time outside of combat in pre-F3 and F3/beyond you spend a good chunk of time running around the wastelands while VATS fucks the game up.
>>
>>390029898
>I will talk about how easy the game is whenever I want, as much as I want.

Go ahead, I'm not stopping you, just saying that you look like an autistic manchild when you're flexing your dick over an easy game of an already easy genre.
>>
>>390029761
>you're flexing your dick again
No one's bragging about being hardcore because they found Chrono Trigger to be easy. It's the same way that I'm not trying to make my e-peen look bigger if I say that 1-1 in SMB is easy.
>>
>>390030068
'gameplay' doesn't mean 'combat'
>>
Should I emulate this or Cross?
>>
>>390030124
you're right, it also means exploration and side content like minigames, both of which are in CT
>>
>>390030139
>still hasn't played CT

it's a quintessential video games, get on it ASAP
>>
>>390030158
yes, and jrpgs are half cutscenes and the gameplay is bad, requires little intelligence and is filler between the cutscenes
>>
>>390030101
You look like an autistic manchild when you're saying someone's flexing their dick over this game, when in truth nobody actually is.
>>
>>390030240
>no you!
Great response. A solid 2/10

>>390030117
Yes they are. Read through the thread.
>>
>>390030224
congrats you described fallout

>an entire genre is bad

you realize jRPGs aren't all turn based right? if we compare the world ends with you to whatever your favorite wRPG is it'll smash it in the gameplay department
>>
>>390030308
fallout doesn't have cutscenes, people play it for the gameplay
>>
overrated shit
>>
>>390030354
>fallout doesn't have cutscenes
any time you speak with an NPC during a quest is a cutscene
>people play it for the gameplay
poor saps
>>
>>390030410
considering you choose watch to say, its a gameplay element, albeit a pretty shitty one
>>
>>390030472
it changes the route of the dialouge and what happens afterward but it's still a cutscene

unless we're talking about fallout 4 then it doesn't fucking matter what you pick 99% of the time holy shit I hate fallout 4 fuck you todd
>>
>>390030303
>Yes they are.
The only people I see beating themselves off are the ones saying an entire genre of games are too casual for them. The people saying CT are easy are basically just stating a fact. Even the trickier bosses in the game all boil down to
>figure out gimmick
>work around that one gimmick
No one praises the game for it's challenging difficulty.
>>
>>390028442
Literally what would be the point of stealing if it didn't reward you with good shit?
>>
>>390030871
Stealing unique powerful stuff from bosses.
But in this game just regular enemies (albeit lategame enemies) reward some of the most powerful items in the game.
Ayla in general is stupidly strong compared to other party members.
>>
>>390031083
I don't really see what the problem is with regular enemies giving good shit, especially since almost every enemy and boss gave garbage until lategame, so it makes it really rewarding to actually see charm give you stuff thats worth a damn.
>>
>>390031730
I guess there isn't anything bad per se about getting good drops from regular enemies from a player's perspective. It's just, well, unexpected from a game to be so generous. Plus it kinda forces Ayla into your party permanently.
>>
>>390031840
It doesn't really force her into your party unless you want to steal from everyone, and its not like you need to steal from all the specific enemies that give good shit, hell there's not even that many that do, even out of the endgame bosses, the only ones that come to mind who give anything noteworthy are Ozzie, Slash, and Flea.
>>
On rainbow shell and sun stone.
Okay so I've done them both (I have the sun stone but still have yet to make the items from the rainbow shell) and I've heard Melchior can use the stone with shell to make pretty good items but whenever I try to pick up the sun stone it says "Let's show Lucca, maybe she can make something". I don't want the damn wonder shot, I never use Lucca anyways, am I screwed?
>>
>>390031840
>Plus it kinda forces Ayla into your party permanently

What's the matter? Can't handle a strong Jungle bunny? You sound like a Magus cuck
>>
>>390032768
You can have both the stuff Lucca and her father make and whatever Melchior makes. It doesn't get wasted if you use it.
>>
>>390032837
>nerd Magus vs chad Ayla
>>
>>390030139
both and while you're at it give Radical Dreamers a shot too.
>>
>>390031840
>Plus it kinda forces Ayla into your party permanently.
>he didint use a bro party of crono frog and brobo
spot the cunt so casual he needs to make CT even easier
>>
>>390033069
I tried to use all characters equally. That's probably why I find it troublesome that Ayla's charm has such good returns.
>>
>>390031840
>Plus it kinda forces Ayla into your party permanently.
no it doesn't
>>
>>390032918
I wanna see that now.
>>
>>390029129
I never used a healing item in this game, was just using spells and never really needed it.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.