[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ctrl-F >Utawarerumono >0 matches Why is no one talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

File: utowaaa.jpg (46KB, 1009x550px) Image search: [Google]
utowaaa.jpg
46KB, 1009x550px
>Ctrl-F
>Utawarerumono
>0 matches

Why is no one talking about The Mask of Deception and The Mask of Truth. The end to a great series?
>>
>>390006295
I'll get around to them after I finally beat the original VN on the hardest difficulty

fuck monkies
>>
Still playing through Mask of Truth senpai. It's blowing the fuck out of Deception so far though. I'm glad I waited to finish Deception until like a week before Truth came out so I didn't have to wait too long. Having to wait months would have killed me.
>>
How far into the two games did the trainwreck of an anime end at and does it get any better?
>>
>>390008487
It's the gift that keeps on giving. I'm suprised that it lasted as long as it did
>>
>>390008586
It's an extremely condensed Mask of Deception, It hits the main points, but with almost no world building that the VN does.
>>
>>390008586
If you talking about original Uta it's adaptation is great. Second anime is shit except first few episodes.
>>
>kuon toning down on her bitchiness
>nekone being a lot more subdued
>anju growing from an annoying brat and having one of the hypest scenes sofar

Pretty much all the character complaints I had from Deception have been fixed so I'm enjoying it a lot more so far.
>>
>>390009107
I played Deception after watching the Anime, and I did like the extra character depth, but it felt short. The added character depth in this game and actual growth from all of the characters was well written

The Maroro, and Oshtor's Mother scenes hit hard
>>
I'm just upset that Raikou was the only somewhat challenging fight.
Everything else was great.

And does anyone know what happens to Haku after he gets Hakuoros mask? Does he just take the twins and use their stealth ability to wander around Yamato?
>>
>>390011092
He took the power of Hakuoro, and he visits Kuon in a epilogue scene to take the fan back, it's kinda ambiguous, but it's assumed he wanders and does Witsuarunemitea things
>>
File: 1505075668920.png (151KB, 260x269px) Image search: [Google]
1505075668920.png
151KB, 260x269px
>No Munechika Akuruturka form
What the fuck, why do you tease me like this Aquaplus? That scene with Fuantei na Kamisama playing, and Kuon on the Avu Kamuu was hype as shit with all of the original cast kicking ass.
>>
>>390009606
Yeah the game is really good.
Most of Nekone scenes are great, and Kuon\Eruruu was amazing
>>
>>390011521
Not as Hype as Mikazuchi's return at the shrine. It felt nice to roll face with the asshole that had almost kicked my shit in a couple of times

Also Munechika's Trials were a godsend
>>
One complaint I have is how does Haku manage to overpower Woshis at the end. Although I guess it's because he can utilize the full power of the Akuruka.
Sucks that we never had some grand Akuruka battle where all 4 fight against Woshis. Entua using Vurais or something.
>>
File: Ries_9.jpg (55KB, 590x490px) Image search: [Google]
Ries_9.jpg
55KB, 590x490px
I was extremely disappointed after hearing this was a JRPG and then finding out it was a VN. And then I saw some gameplay and there seems to be a battle system that looks fun.
So how does this game work exactly and should I play it if I like games like FFT and Jeanne d'Arc or are the battles too few and far between?
>>
>>390012218
It's a pretty story heavy game, but has a lot more battles than the first. It goes in phases of story chunks and then maybe a few battles, with a large increase in battles towards the end.

It plays very similar to Jeanne D'Arc, but with more skill diversity and a little more interaction for critical hits and action chains.
>>
>>390012218

There's two games which are sequels to the original game released on PC years ago. The first one of these two, Mask of Deception, is mostly world-building and plot set-up and there's only about 17 battles spread out across a 30 hour or so game. This one, Mask of Truth, is a lot longer and has more battles to compensate. The SRPG segments are actually really solid.
>>
So does Kiwru ever man up and do something cool in Mask of Truth? In Deception he was pretty much a background character.
>>
>>390014145
Yeah he grew the fuck up, he tried confessing to Nekone after Atui egging him on and accidentally confessed to Shinonon instead. At the end he takes his Grandad's spot as Ouro of Ennakamui and the people love him. Him and Oshutoru have some hilarious scenes together with funny monologues and they save eachother's asses a couple times.
>>
>>390012474
>>390014080
Oh then it sounds like the sort of stuff I'd be able to get into then. Thanks anons I'll try it out.
>>
My nigga Maroro deserved so much better. Fuck that Lelouch wannabe faggot Raiko.
>>
File: 1489094491567.jpg (751KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489094491567.jpg
751KB, 1500x1200px
Anyone else sad that this is the finale to the trilogy. I want to cont. to go tp this world in an RPG or VN as like another human saved from the destruction in a pod. Fuck me man I dont want to finish The 2 Hakurous until they announce another game in this universe if not with the same cast.
>>
>>390006295
I'm still not through the first game, just got to the scene were Anju pretends to be kidnapped. How far am i into the story, and how much do i have ahead?
>>
File: ccd.jpg (26KB, 368x460px)
ccd.jpg
26KB, 368x460px
>>390016106

I'm about 20 hours in and already dreading that emptiness I know will come from finishing it.
>>
>>390016323

About halfway through if I remember correctly. Once you get to the part where the Mikado declares war on Yamato you're close to the final stretch.
>>
>>390016448

Fucked up that spoiler. Meant to type Tuskur[/spoiler, not Yamato.
>>
>>390016106
Utawarerumonos world is one of my favorite fictional settings, i don't want it to end. For me i could go on endlessly.
>>
>>390016106
I finished it and I'm filling the void with NG+ achievement hunting
>>
>>390008289
fpbp
>>
>>390016106
I finished it last Friday after getting it last Tuesday. Honestly I've been in a weird state between ennui and depression after I finished it. It was one hell of a ride, and send off to my favorite fictional world. Aquaplus has 4 games in development with a new Utaware.
>>
File: 1498079581851.jpg (34KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
1498079581851.jpg
34KB, 370x699px
>>390016339
>>390016627
>>390016830
I just want more Haku my dude, and I want more haku in a rpg format but idk do you guys think an MMO set in universe could do well?
>>
>>390017463
Wait they have a new Uta in dev or are you referring to this one?
>>
>>390017584
New one, the producer said jack shit about it. For all I know it can be a prequel or sequel of 3.
>>
File: carol__1_.png (97KB, 170x160px)
carol__1_.png
97KB, 170x160px
>>390017849
You got an article my dude or a thread with the interview trans because if thats true then I don't feel as bad finishing.
>>
>>390006295
Is the first game still worth getting for 50 bucks even with the censoring? How is the MC?
>>
File: 1454222522820.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px)
1454222522820.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
>>390018209
I am usually not one for spoon-feeding but I'll break my rule for Kuon. http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/05/aquaplus-working-three-four-titles-one-aiming-spring-2018-release-japan/
>>
>>390018245

Literally one CG is censored and if you can't overlook that you're probably playing the game for the wrong reason anyway. But yes, it's highly worth it. It has incredibly in-depth world building and very well developed characters and the SRPG segments are pretty enjoyable too. Haku is a genuinely great MC and may even be one of my favorite VN protagonists.

Just keep in mind that the pacing in the first game is kind of slow because it's mostly set-up for this one. The slice of life segments tend to drag on and shit doesn't really hit the fan until the last 30% or so, but the build is worth it.
>>
>>390018640
Thanks my dude
>>
>>390018753
From previous threads, people seem to dislike Haku quite strongly for doing shit almost the entire game. Is this going to be another goddamn Muv Luv bs where MC is a faggot for majority of the time but have some badass moments later?
>>
>>390019074

If you don't mind a bit of spoilers. He's a normal human in a world of artificially created superhumans so in terms of physical strength and combat he's outclassed for a while. His strength is his ingenuity and cleverness so he becomes the "leader" of the group and is the one always making their plans and strategies and bailing them out of tough situations. He's sarcastic and lazy though with a tendency to slack off so he often ends up in unlucky situations or gets abused by the others, namely Kuon and Nekone. This makes him really entertaining though because he's not a generic "nice guy" like most VN leads so a harem doesn't really form around him instantly despite there being a lot of girls in the group.

In the second game he takes a massive level in badass because of a pretty big spoiler and become more confident in battle as well. Even before that though he's nowhere near Takeru levels of breaking down and crying when shit goes wrong. He holds himself together well since he's the head of the group and knows when it's time to dig his heels in and fight. He never comes off as too infallible or a mary sue though. When he wins big victories it's because he fought tooth and nail for them and constantly has to prove himself.
>>
>>390006295
This game is confusing me. Is it an old game but touched up with new CG and hentai removed? Or is it a new game entriely with devs making h-games before this?

What is the deal with the shitstorm this game caused? Did they fuck up the translation or did they remove CG (hentai)?
>>
>>390019074
Completely different anon but, Haku is lazy, hilarious, and a genius tactician. Fujiwara's performance makes him stand out compared to someone to the likes of Takeru, who barely was voiced. Honestly I find him pretty charming on how carefree he is for most of the time until he gets into tactician mode. I won't say more about him because that's huge spoiler territory, but he's pretty high on my favorite MC list.
>>
>>390006295

I can't fucking wait to play it, but I made the mistake of starting Majikoi and Yakuza kiwami recently.
>>
>>390019610

The first game came out in 2002 for PC and had H-scenes.

These games are a direct sequel to that one released in two parts, Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth. All together they form a complete trilogy. These games don't have H-scenes though since they were released for console, but there's still a lot of risque CGs and references to sex. One CG in Mask of Deception of a little girl getting spanked got changed, but all they did was added a pair of short when originally it was her bare butt. That's the only thing that's been altered in both games though.
>>
>>390019610
Mask of Deception, sequel to the 2002 game had one censored CG where Munechika was spanking Anju, instead of seeing 100 pixels of ass she is wearing tights
>>
>>390019913
Nice, one last question. Can you play this game without playing the first one on PC?
>>
>>390020090

You can but it's not recommended. To appreciate the story as a whole you need to play the first one, and almost every character from the first one shows up in these as well and play roles that are far more than just cameos. They're direct sequels to each other, not just isolated stories taking place in the same universe. Playing the first game will also make you appreciate the world building more too. I highly recommend you play it not just to appreciate the sequels more, but because it's a good game on its own even if it is 15 years old now.
>>
>>390019558
>>390019718
Aight, getting it now.
>>
>>390020607

Enjoy. Like I said earlier, don't be turned off if it seems like Mask of Deception moves kind of slow at times. You can finish it in around 30 hours or so depending on how fast you read and how long you take with battles. Mask of Truth has much better pacing and gets right into the action immediately.
>>
>>390020090
You want to play the first one to understand a bunch of lore and all the Tuskur cast, but get the PS2 voice patch. Makes it a better experience. H scenes still don't have any voice, but they don't add much to the story anyways
>>
>>390006295
Because Truth just dropped and I rather not be spoiled. I'll see you in a few months.
>>
File: 1505152466170.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1505152466170.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>390006295
I don't own a ps4 or I'd own all this weeb shit
>>
>>390021382
There's always the cheaper option of a Vita or a PSTV
>>
File: 1484400146408.jpg (44KB, 542x675px)
1484400146408.jpg
44KB, 542x675px
>tfw sword stance for haku

yo yo yo yo yo
>>
Ordered Vita version of both games to play wherever and i figured it would be harder to get down the line. They run well right?
>>
>>390022510
I had the 2nd game stutter twice out of 40 hours, it was during a co-op finisher when about 500 things were happening at once, first one never stuttered for me
>>
>>390006295
NISA put people off of Deception by censoring it and people don't want to touch Truth without playing Deception. Plus the anime was terrible so that also put people off.
>>
>>390008854
>If you talking about original Uta it's adaptation is great.
No it fucking isn't.
>>
So I played the original under water ray romano but that was like nearly 7 or 8 years ago now. I remember the gist of it but details are fuzzy. Should I replay it before doing the new ones or do the sequels do a good enough job jogging your memory on things.
I don't wanna go through it again but if the new ones are heavy on minor detailed references and shit I guess I'll just suck it up and slog through it again.
>>
>>390024458

>NISA

NISA had nothing to do with the localization.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.