[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never played an elder scrolls game before Should I start with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: MorrowindCOVER.jpg (62KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
MorrowindCOVER.jpg
62KB, 375x500px
Never played an elder scrolls game before

Should I start with arena and daggerfall or skip to morrowind
>>
if you can roll with the clunky old controls and design then yea start at the beginning but imo all the games up to morrowind are skippable. Morrowinds great
>>
Start with Morrowind. Arena/Daggerfall barely have anything to do with TES anymore. They're still fun dungeon crawlers.
Once you're done with Morrowind then just stop playing the series because the other games suck.
>>
>>390005530
>Never played an elder scrolls game before.
Why not skyrim?
>>
>>390006496
It's hard to go back to past games after playing newer ones in the series. I normally play all games in a series in release order, but I've heard that arena and daggerfall are basically a seperate series from morrowind/oblivion/skyrim
>>
>>390005530
just play ESO
>>
>>390006862
Skyrim is the worst main game in the series so you'll have a harder time getting into that one if you play Morrowind first
>>
>>390005530
play morrowind so you can laugh at all the nostalgiafags who shill this pile of shit
>>
Just play Morrowind and don't bother with the rest.
>>
>>390005530
Daggerfall has like 2 mechanics that people lord it as the most open world game ever created. Morrowind is unsurpassed when it comes to lore, depth and story. It's an old game so combat isn't ideal but if you're looking to immerse yourself into a lovingly constructed universe, you can't go wrong.
>>
>>390005530
Download and try Arena for 10-20 minutes. If it grabs you, do that first. Otherwise, Morrowind first.
>>
>>390007436
/Thread

Until you go back and play it again you never appreciate just how shit it actually is.
>>
>>390007436
>>390007726
t. N'Wahs
>>
>>390008128
haha epic morrowind reference dude!
>>
>>390007275
Completely false. Morrowind has aged like milk. Anyone who has played any modern RPGs will more than likely find the game unplayable. Morrowind is the final flagship of all the flaws and craptastic mechanics that plagued the generation of RPGs that came before it. The game is tediously slow at the beginning, literally your characters is a slug at the beginning, and laughably easy to break late game. Combat is unengaging and would actually be improved if it made use of auto combat mechanics. You get a handful of major characters who speak with everyone else being walls of text, most of it being the same set of directions or info everyone else in town gives.

Good story, wonderful setting, deserves all the praise it got on it's release, but a terrible game compared to modern releases
>>
Play ESO. It's so big, and rich in content, it's like all the other games bundled into one!
>>
>>390005530
TBQH senpai, morrowind is best binged and forgotten for a bit. There's a lot of cool stuff there, like but it is actually pretty dated in mechanics.

Also, if ya got friends, there's a pretty functional multiplayer version of the game too. Makes it a breeze to go through if you don't care for combat too much.
>>
>>390005530
Play the best one, aka Oblivion
>>
>>390008634
Thanks Todd
>>
File: 0786.jpg (59KB, 833x710px) Image search: [Google]
0786.jpg
59KB, 833x710px
>>390008634
Can i put you down for 10 copies in that case?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.