[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After having played no TW game but Rome II with Divide Et Impera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: tww.jpg (39KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
tww.jpg
39KB, 460x215px
After having played no TW game but Rome II with Divide Et Impera for the past year or two, I just pirated and played a bit of this. It feels fucking terrible.

I was shocked to see how every unit melts so quickly, light infantry will drop 20-30 men within seconds of first impact. The legendary lords feel clunky and out of place within the mechanics of the series, the grand strategy aspect has been gimped, and there's somehow less visual diversity within units than past games (every soldier has the same facial hair, etc.).

I really have to emphasize that the battles are far too quick, how are you supposed to execute flanks if everything is so squishy that it will melt in seconds to a slightly stronger unit? One of the fundamental aspects of this kind of warfare is using shit footmen to hold the enemy in place, which they can't seem to do reliably, even higher tier units.

I guess other TW games are probably like this too without mods, why can't CA make a fun game.
>>
>>390004921
Try playing Rome 1 or Medieval 2 and the transitioning to these warscape pieces of shit.
>>
>>390004921
>play DeI
>complain about units melting too fast
>>
Try SFO it slows down the combat and helps out the dumb AI
>>
>>390006752
Yes, who can forget the vidya kino that is R/ME2 horrible animations, hilariously shit unit collision, 1v1 dance offs, garbage UI and controls, and color swapped units.
>>
File: 1484713707879.jpg (15KB, 388x341px) Image search: [Google]
1484713707879.jpg
15KB, 388x341px
>>390004921
Especially after playing Shogun 2 with its duels, watching units swing randomly looks so awful
>>
>>390009375
>why didn't games from 2004 have today's graphics

TW has always had shit collision and pathfinding, especially today.

UI and controls were far better and more organized. Now you have a mess on the world map and seventeen unit stances, most of which are useless.

No individual settlement customization. Empire wide taxation. Dumbed down management and combat. What an improvement. They did this shit to appeal to people like you
>>
>>390009757
>No individual settlement customization.
And thank God for that. Being able to easily turn every single city into a military and economic powerhouse with no management required turned the already ez late game of TW into a boring thoughtless slog.

>Dumbed down management and combat.
Attila and WH unironically have the most in depth combat, even with less mechanics, since the AI actually tries to flank and counter units instead of slowly walking into your phalanx/yari wall.

And the game is about battles, not managing princess relations and trying to soothe the AI Pope's dementia.

>What an improvement.
Definitely

>They did this shit to appeal to people like you
Long time fans? Good.
>>
>>390009757
>UI and controls were far better and more organized
What are you smoking? The Rome/ME2 UI was fucking terrible in both aesthetic and in displaying useful information without requiring you to click through menus.
>>
>>390009371

can't mod pirated copies
>>
>>390011639
Don't be a pirate
>>
>>390011914

>supporting Games Workshop jews
>supporting $20 wood elf DLC jewery
>>
File: pink panther.jpg (185KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pink panther.jpg
185KB, 1024x768px
>rome 1 fags
>>
>>390012341
You can buy the game and then pirate the DLC you know, right?

It's very ez to do.
>>
>>390008870

units fight forever before taking casualties let alone breaking in DEI
>>
What's the most fun faction? Already played a campaign each as Empire and dorfs.
>>
>>390012992
Empire is probably most fun for the decent challenge.

Clan Angrund is pretty fun for the challenge.

Bret has a really fun start but sucks ass when Chaos invades since you have no decent AP and have to autoresolve everything.

Orcs are not only the best faction but have a really fun start. Once you beat the dwarves though you win the game.
>>
>>390012992
vampire courts constantly summoning the dead and raising the dead is stupid amounts of fun
>>
>>390012472

>hating on pajamas

its like you dont want to be comfy
>>
Divide Et Impera is stupidly good, every TW game should have an equivalent.
>>
>>390012992
Wood Elves are a lot of fun in battles their campaign can be a bit of a drag though.
>>
fast battles were made for multiplayer reasons. It's a shame and holds back the first total war game that could have truly had unique armies
>>
>>390013542
I think the Rome games and Attilla to a lesser extent had some pretty unique armies.
>>
>>390004921
Play Rome 1 with Europa Barbarorum or some other mod, it's great
>>
>>390011639
Yes you can
>>
>>390014225

DEI>Europa Barbarorum

Replenishment is a good mechanic.
>>
>>390014293

As far as I know the cracked copy can't be modded, and even if it could, you'd need legacy versions of said mods.
>>
>>390014402
I have modded both Attila and Warhammer, pirate copies, you just have to erase a line of code in the mod, google it
>>
>>390013542
I doubt it. They said that <5% of their playerbase plays multiplayer, so it can't be impacting that much.

I think it is far more likely they are fast because they looked at the data and saw how quickly most people quit campaigns and a lot of that has to do with slogging through long ass battle after long ass battle. It is the worst in those modded games, when the battles are really slow, and you get attacked multiple times during a single end turn and you just want it to be your turn again, but you have to spend 30 minutes fighting each of these battles you don't really care all that much about but have to so you don't lose or take severe losses.
>>
>>390015073

brainlet
>>
>>390015161
Contesting the same city over and over again is only fun for so long. You can at least get them over in good time in the vanilla games.
>>
>>390015725

autoresolve or fast forward brainlet

You can pull some fucking heinous tactics and win against absurd odds without cheesing in DEI, the same can't be said for vanilla.
>>
>>390015937
Both equally shit solutions.

>DEI
>tactics
Funny joke. The battles are so slow that you may as well not have any control at all during them. Tactics and quick thinking are irrelevant. All that matters is the quality of your army comp and numbers.
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 223x226px
>>390016305

You're only further revealing your brainlet status by not understanding the importance of flanking and chain-routes in DEI. The whole purpose of the slow battles is so that you can actually maneuver brutal flanks, be it with javelins/bows, hard-hitting infantry, or cavalry.
>>
>>390016492
I'm the brainlet, but you're the one to inept to accomplish the same feats at the vanilla pace and need the game slowed down to 1/40th pace just to keep up? Sad.
>>
>>390016596

It's gotten to the point where you need autistic APM's to do the same thing. Also, units shouldn't be routing for the first time at 60% losses, they should be routing at 30%
>>
>>390014330
A good mechanic handled terribly. It needs a logistics system and a manpower mechanic to back it up.
>>
>>390004921
Just got paid, should I buy this game at its current price/state?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.