[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Interacting and moving in the battleground vs >Staring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: purse5_20sm_20NEW_400w.png (166KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
purse5_20sm_20NEW_400w.png
166KB, 400x600px
>Interacting and moving in the battleground
vs
>Staring at the same background the whole fight

>Being able to block or dodge enemy attacks
vs
>Forcefully taking damage every turn (in some cases you can do a lame block that doesn't even blocks all the damage, plus it makes you lose a turn)

>Being able to spot enemies from a distance and avoiding them if you're low on health/magic/ammo
vs
>RANDOM. FUCKING. ENCOUNTERS.

>Leveling/grinding by actually doing something
vs
>Grinding by pressing A or X a fuckton of times

>Winning fights with actually skill
vs
>Winning by pressing the attack button a few times

>Winning boss fights by learning it's pattern of attacks and coming up with a strategy
vs
>Winning boss fight by choosing the right time to buff and the right time to attack

>Have a wide arrange of special attacks/skills that vary on potency and usefulness
vs
>Your special skills are either too OP or literally shit

At which point did you realize that turn based games are a fucking cancer that should have died on the 00's?
Pic semi related
>>
Dangit Bobby
>>
Utawarerumono on hard is a blast.
>>
>>390004760
When people say "turn based games" they're never referring to SRPGs you fucking cretin. Shut the fuck up and stop bringing up Tactics Ogre or Fire Emblem whenever someone rightfully shits all over JRPGs.
>>
>>390004930
:^)
>>
>>390002836
OP confirmed for not playing P5
>>
You're a dumbass, OP.

Turn based games don't exist because of technical limitations from the 90s and early 2000s, turn based games have existed before videogames. Such as Dungeon and Dragons or Chess or Monopoly.

Do you want all turn based games to shoe-horn in a "Mash X and Y" action combat element? Did you want Persona 5 to play like Dark Souls? I can't think of any other way you would handle Persona 3/4/5 than have them be turn based.
>>
>>390002836
What about Fire Emblem and Tactics Ogre?
>>
File: 1480308949221.png (443KB, 640x716px) Image search: [Google]
1480308949221.png
443KB, 640x716px
>>390002836
Most of these aren't accurate, and the ones that are accurate aren't inherently worse than their counterpart
>>
Good action > good turn-based >>> mediocre turn-based >>>>>> Platinum games
Though it is perfectly acceptable to give preference to either turn-based or action depending on the mood.

Can we agree?
>>
File: 1498007294413.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498007294413.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>390006140
> >>>>>> Platinum games
>>
>>390002836
The only argument I need is: Final Fantasy XV
>>
stupid fags still use arguments from a single game(not that persona 5 combat is shit, op probably didn't play that neither. comboing was a good feature)

playing press-turn turn based smt 4 vs realtime skyrim. i am only pressing one button while playing one, and i am constantly thinking about what to do next in other. guess which one is which op.
>>
>>390002836
Turn-based is already dead everywhere besides Pokemon, Dragon Quest and Atlus, and other franchises either made the jump to action or died entirely
I don't get what is the point of your rant actually
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.