[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have experience in Localization QA Testing? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: samus what.jpg (33KB, 341x354px) Image search: [Google]
samus what.jpg
33KB, 341x354px
Anyone have experience in Localization QA Testing? What's it like? Any tips for someone going into an interview?
>>
As somebody who works in QA and is on lunch break, I have some advice for you. RUN!
>>
>>389975135
What do you hate about it? I've heard wages are low and the work hours are crazy. I was hoping localization would be better because it's more specialized.
>>
>>389975393
You'll get sick of games and wont want to play them anymore. The localization teama are still crazy busy the last few months before game launch
>>
>>389975638
Ugh. Do you get paid well at least? Goddamn, this job market sucks.
>>
If u want tips for the interview, really hammer home the importance of communication. Its really important for the job. Otherwise, QA isnt the hardest job to get into, so as long as you're somewhat charismatic, you'll get the job. Good luck anon
>>
File: 13.5.jpg (35KB, 525x481px) Image search: [Google]
13.5.jpg
35KB, 525x481px
>>389975638
>You'll get sick of games and wont want to play them anymore.

so like most of /v/
>>
>>389976160
So like ever fucking job ever.
>>
>>389974730
I swear to God if you're like the Treehouse and NISA cunts that shit all over the games and then tell the fans to eat it up, I'll blow a gasket
If you're a cool dude though make sure you stand your ground and make other people translate and localize properly k thx
>>
>>389976160
Thanks for believing in me, anon.

>>389976385
Unless the games are coming out from Spain and Italy, I doubt I'll be translating to English. If you're in Europe though, hell yeah I'll make sure it's done properly. I'm a published writer (short stories aren't enough to get bills paid though) and I've worked in copy editing, so I'm no hack (I think).
>>
>>389976642
I am indeed a dirty Euroman. Hope you get the job and get some good localizations going anon. Good luck
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.