[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have all 3 the Witcher games on Steam but I just find 1 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: TheWitchervsTheWitcher2.jpg (137KB, 490x250px) Image search: [Google]
TheWitchervsTheWitcher2.jpg
137KB, 490x250px
I have all 3 the Witcher games on Steam but I just find 1 and 2 really boring. I already skipped 1, should I skip 2 as well or just power through?
>>
You should end your life, or get back to Witcher 1, which is the ONLY good game in series.
>>
>>389974241
>I just find 1 and 2 really boring
They're both arguably better than 3 in many ways.
Drop the series, you're too pleb.
>>
>>389974241
Drop the series. TW1 is a fantastic game and you're a shit player. Go play something else.
>>
>>389974393
Eh I'll probably just do that, but I was curious as to why /v/ loves 3 so much
>>
1>2>3 so you should just uninstall.
>>
File: guruld.jpg (64KB, 413x634px) Image search: [Google]
guruld.jpg
64KB, 413x634px
>>389974241
Skip your life.
>>
>>389974596
3 was the first game for majority of modern GenZ consolikids, that's why.
>>
>>389974596
3 has the most content, and some really high quality writing/visuals/music in there. Of course because its a huge game it's easy to find low points, but all in all it's pretty good.

I found 3's start smoother to get into than 2's, for what its worth, though they play relatively similar. You can skip whichever games you like, I think you're missing out especially as they're story-driven but whatever's fun for you.
>>
>>389974718
this
>>
>>389974596
Probably because the story in 3 is much better presented than the other games.
1 and especially 2 has some of that eastern European jank shining through the cracks that is all but gone in the third game.
If you actually care about the story and writing you ought to go back to the first game and power through it, otherwise just drop the series or read the books instead.
Witcher 3 is honestly fine as a place to jump in but since you made the effort to try the series from the beginning, it seems to me like you actually want to care about the setting and story in your games.
If you just wanted an open world action RPG romp you ought to have just started with Witcher 3.
>>
>>389974241
Yes, both first ones are shit compared to 3 in everyway.
W1 is clunky as fuck and 75% of the game sucks dick untill chapter 4 and then is only good for a little while.
W2 is really forgettable and the gameplay sucks
W3 is good at everything and has actual expansion pacls
>>
>>389974596

Looks like you'll never know with you being a massive pleb and all.
>>
>>389974384
>>389974393
>>389974472
>>389974718
>being this contrarian

3>1>2 is the only real answer
>>
The first Witcher is really boring and you should skip it. When Witcher 2 came out, that was the commonly given advice on /v/. Now that Witcher 3 is out, and it's popular, /v/'s inherent need to be a contrarian pops up, and we get retards claiming that the first game was the best, or that it's "the only good game;" which is patently, factually wrong.
>>
>>389976237
>W1 is clunky as fuck and 75% of the game sucks dick
>W3 is good at everything and has actual expansion pacls
jesus fuck the Sonybro AIDS is strong in this one.

>>389976403
you go jump off a roof too.

1 > > 3 > > > 2.
>>
>>389974241
>power through
you realize these* are considered to be pleasurable experiences to be savored, right?

friendly reminder that if you're not a healthy cell, you're part of the cancer

*video games in general you dumb cunt, not the witcher series.
>>
is good?
>>
>>389974241
kys
>>
File: kurwa.gif (349KB, 159x161px) Image search: [Google]
kurwa.gif
349KB, 159x161px
>>389976583
>>389976403
3=1>2
>>
>>389974241
Witcher 2 story is probably the best of the 3.
Jumping into the third without knowledge about it´s previous history is wasting potential feels
>>
>>389976462
>The first Witcher is really boring and you should skip it.
The fuck it is. I played it for the first time long after TW2 had come out, and fucking loved it. Played it 4 times in a row, finding and learning new shit all the time, and overall had great time.

I was fucking hyped for the "GOTYAY" sequel the press and fans made TW2 sound like, but jesus fuck, what the living hell happened?? Biggest buyer's remorse so far this entire decade!
I've only put couple hours to TW3 so far, but it really feels like a tad more open TW2.5 at the moment. Not really too interesting.

>>389976740
>Witcher 2 story is probably the best of the 3.
Politics mumbojumpo linear pipe shit.
>>
>>389976583
How hard is it to force yourself like W1 just to feel proud to be "special"?
>>
Got 8 hours into 1 before I decided to skip it.

2 was fine, and it's only like 12 hours long, worth finishing.
>>
>>389976085
This. I played 12 hours of TW2 and just couldn't break through. The writing was good, the gameplay was good, but the pacing was shit

>1 hour cutscenes
>1 hour gameplay

Ad naseum. Or

>1 hour cutscenes
>30m gameplay

I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get past that
>>
>>389974241
2 is best
>>
2 >= 3 >= 1

This is after several playthroughs of 1 and 2, and a 100% of 3 (all quests all POIs).
>>
>>389976862
Not at all. You just have to NOT be born in the year 2000 or later. And preferably already know how to use KB and mouse.
>>
>>389976958
>2 was fine, and it's only like 12 hours long, worth finishing.
>>389976974
>I played 12 hours of TW2 and just couldn't break through.

Hmmmmm...
>>
>>389977226
The UI still won't make the game good.
>>
>>389977450
UI has a lot to do with overall gameplay and -feel, and TW2 also totally dropped the ball when it comes to overall gameplay, world-design and writing.
>>
I'm playing through W1 for the first time. It's a bit clunky, but it works. The combat is kinda detached. Almost a rhythm game with just timed left clicks for the sword play. Styles are also feel like a needless division. Strong style against big guys, Fast style on small guys, Group style against groups. The signs are fun to mess with though Igni and Quen are the only ones really worth using. The Yrden spike trap is tiny, Axii just flat out doesn't work most of the time, and Aard is beat out by Igni for crowd control and damage. Alchemy is pretty interesting, researching what monsters your fighting to know what potions to use is rewarding, almost trivializing some fights.
>>
TW1 is better than TW2. It doesn't rush you along and the environments and atmosphere was just much better. You want to explore every thing. In TW2, it seems like CDPR tried to make it a cinematic experience, the gameplay wasn't as smooth. I don't know about anyone else but I also preferred the combat in TW1 more. It felt very fluid and the different stances were nice to use.
Haven't played TW3 yet, only seen some random gameplay.
>>
>>389977959
>the environments and atmosphere was just much better. You want to explore every thing
Yeah, I loved how 3/5ths of the first Witcher took place in a fucking swamp.
>>
>>389975431
Don't talk shit about genz I'm 18 and playing The Witcher series in order.
Siegfried best bro, also Roche
>>
>>389977226
>w1
>informative
>you see everything at once

The icons look extremely fucking similar to each other, especially with the fucking numbers in the goddamn way.
>>
>>389977959
>the environments and atmosphere was just much better

Yeah I think the problem is that you were fucking ten or some shit when you actually played it.
>>
>>389977260
I also dropped the game like twice and restarted it. It did take me about 5 hours just to leave Flotsam, but I'm not sure how many larger areas there are in the game
>>
>>389977226
>Aerondight instead of moonblade
scrub confirmed
>>
>>389977959
>TW1 environments
Every chapter had a grand total of 5 relevant locations, all of which were tied to a quest so there wasn't an incentive to explore on your own as a quest would eventually take you there
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.