[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was Ratchet's problem in the first game? All

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: smug lombax.jpg (33KB, 526x297px) Image search: [Google]
smug lombax.jpg
33KB, 526x297px
What the fuck was Ratchet's problem in the first game? All he does is bitch and moan about how's he got more important things to do than stop Drek and how he hates Clank. It doesn't even make any sense. He literally just seethes with anger for no fucking reason
>>
He's a space asshole
>>
he's a grease monkey on a back water planet, it gave him a cynical attitude
>>
Good thing they fixed that in the remake :^)
>>
Yeah I know right like back then he HAD a character arc.
>>
>it aint gonna suck itself
>>
Because all he wants to do is explore the galaxy and doesn't give a fuck about what Drek's doing until later.

At least he has an actual character arc unlike that shit reboot.
>>
>>389972756
we just wanted off that shitty planet and when he finally does he ends up doing busy work for a bunch of faggots
>>
>>389972756
It's a buddy-comedy story, of course the two leads are going to have diverging personalities.
It also gave Ratchet character
>>
He probably just needs a good yiffing.
>>
File: 1485073491092.gif (1MB, 379x311px) Image search: [Google]
1485073491092.gif
1MB, 379x311px
>>389972756
>>389974251
He went along with Clank's desire to find Quark, since he'd get to see all kinds of planets and leave his backwater shithole, at this point he was just a snarky guy, it was when Quark tried to kill them that things changed.
Remember that Ratchet was distrustful of Quark by the end of the obstacle course and it was because of Clank being a gullible dunce that dragged Ratchet into the trap that he was forced into the boss battle to begin with.
After this, Ratchet's opinion on Clank turned sour, and his priorities shifted to revenge.
Only after Ratchet gets his revenge does he start repairing his friendship with Clank and along the way he starts seeing more and more of the galaxy and realizing the actual scope of Drek's shit, it only exacerbates it that Drek plans to destroy Ratchet's backwater shithole, making it personal.
It was a fine character arc and actually something beyond what was expected of the protagonists of these kinds of games at the time
>>
>>389972756
He's a mechanic hill billy that got roped into something he didn't wanna do. All he wanted was to leave the planet he's been stuck on all his life. Not to mention he's living in a world filled to the brim with narcissistic hacks ghat think only for themselves and making money.

If that wasn't enough, the so called hero, the man the galaxy looked up too, than tried to kill him and reveal the deception proving how he's the biggest of them all.

As for clank, they 2 were just complete opposites who then went through a lot of shit and grew stronger and closer, then the incident with qwark happens and ther relationship building gets set back because Ratchet blamed clank for almost getting them killed and the fact that while he wants to deal with quark for revenge, Clank insists on taking down drek. From there. Ratchet's anger slowly subsides over time however (because that's how grudges work sometimes) and comes to agree with clank that they should go after drek after all (and also qwark). Then Rachet fully comes to Clanks side after they met clanks mom and learnt how drek was about to destroy Ratchets planet.

Once the threat has been dealt with, ratchet and clank do really need to work together anymore but after all they've been through, ratchet and clank clearly had become good friends and also were worthy of being considered hero's.
>>
>>389976738
Well I came to post this

Well said
>>
Because Ratchet was street smart while Clank was booksmart. Ratchet was angry that Clank got played like a fuckign piano. It was a breath of fresh air and you knew Ratchet was a teen.
>>
Better then in the movie desu
>>
>>389974251
>At least he has an actual character arc unlike that shit reboot.

This. The dynamic between Ratchet and Clank is completely stripped away and they both have no character development.
>>
>>389976738
This.
>>
>>389976738
My man
>>
>Be Lombax living in backwater planet
>Build a ship to get the fuck out of there and explore the galaxy
>Some tiny shitcan crash lands nearby
>Agrees to help me take off if we can find Captain Qwark
>lol whatever fag
>Thousands of corpses later
>End up in Qwark's trailer and get told of some evil shit going down
>This is more than I bargined for, fuck this
>Tinfuck stops me and twists my arm into helping Qwark
>I don't trust that Krauser-sounding piece of shit
>Whatever
>We get stabbed in the back
>Try fucking off to the next quadrant
>Kick Qwark's teeth in
>My home planet is going to be blown up by Kevin Michael Richardson
>I suddenly care now for some reason
>Get him murdered
>Become friends with Robot
>Over the years get jammed into a fuckload of situations I never asked to be apart of
>gf from the second game gets retconned out of existence
>Also I'm the last living Lombox now
>Should have just stayed home tbqh
>>
>>389979497
>Over the years get jammed into a fuckload of situations I never asked to be apart of
>gf from the second game gets retconned out of existence
>Also I'm the last living Lombox now
How did Insomniac ruin Ratchet and Clank so much
>>
>>389979874
Tried to make it a deep story worthy of your space operas and cinematic cartoons. Hired a real writer I think, Fixman?
Though I didn't mind how ToD and ACiT went, still had fun gameplay and some humour. Everything else after, well you know.
>>
>>389981234
I don't like how the God of Time and the chosen one both ended up on the same planet by coincidence
>>
>>389976738
This nigga gets it.

I still don't get why people make such a big deal about Ratchet being kind of a dick in the first game when it was part of his character development
>>
>>389981480
Did he keep some of his dickish nature at times in the other PS2 era games? He wasn't boy scout in the reboot or the major moralfag with the future games, right?
>>
>>389982172
He was still snarky, but they really mellowed him out after the the first. Well aside from Deadlocked when everything was darker in tone
>>
>>389982172
I wouldn't say he was a dick in the other games, just snarky and being a bro with Clank, there wasn't much of a character arc because I don't think really needed to be? Definitely not a boy scout or anything though.
>>
>>389972756
You ever hear of an arc before?
>>
His reboot sucked dick and Jak, Sly and Ape Escape are fucking dead.
>>
>>389985180
damn anon why did you have to depress me
>>
>>389976738
Nigga knows his stuff
>>
File: 1498097537191.jpg (161KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498097537191.jpg
161KB, 800x600px
>>389985180
>Ape Escape
https://youtu.be/JPaLPnW3bbg
Why do you go straight to my heart like that anon?
>Replayed Ape Escape 3 a week ago
>Graphics still hold up because of the aesthetic.
>Amazing soundtrack.
>So much unnecessary details that make the game better as a whole; playing Sayaka, some apes get stunned on sight, apes can knock your gear out and use it against you, you can play dead, and sneak around, all those dodging animations and all those movie references in line with the setting, even your character has two run animation cycles, when they start and two seconds later they go into full speed, running in the shallows looks great.
>In the first level, if you catch the groom and leave the bride, when you return to the level the bride has a katana instead of a bouquet
>Mesal Gear Solid
>Simian Cinema
>Fun Henshin gimmick

Fuck, I guess it's for the best, I bet they'd fuck it up trying to bring Ape Escape to the next generation, the games after 3 were pretty crap and not really Ape Escape games.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.