[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did he know about Dogmeat? Even if you had Dogmeat with you,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

File: Fallout-4-nick-valentine.jpg (238KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-nick-valentine.jpg
238KB, 940x545px
How did he know about Dogmeat? Even if you had Dogmeat with you, how did he know the dog's name was Dogmeat?

Can someone ask Pete Hines about this? Surely he knows the answer.
>>
>>389965252
Well, he is a detective. He doesn't need you to spoonfeed every little fact about yourself to him. He can find some things out on his own, like what you named your dog.
>>
>>389965401
Not when he was being held captive all this time.
>>
>>389965252
Fallout 4 just assumes everyone knows each other.
Plus Nick may have met Dogmeat before while he was wandering around doing Detective stuff
>>
Shit game tbf
>>
I'd guess that Bethesda assumes by then you'd have done something related to Valentine's story with Dogmeat as a companion.

It's not even like it would've taken that much effort to have the game account for Nick never having seen Dogmeat. He'd say something like "It'd be great if we had a way of tracking our guy." If the player encountered Dogmeat, they have a dialogue option suggesting they use the dog. Done.

But you know, fucking Bethesda.
>>
>>389965687
>I'd guess that Bethesda assumes by then you'd have done something related to Valentine's story with Dogmeat as a companion.

He's not even available as a companion until after he mentions Dogmeat. The dialog is just really sloppy.
>>
>>389965252
i'm more annoyed about being able to walk around with a spooky synth zombie and having no settlement taking potshots at him just because
>>
If you haven't met dogmeat by then he'll say he knows a guy and summons him with a dog whistle. Also since mama Murphy knows him I assume he's just a well known dog around the commonwealth
>>
>>389965931
That's a lot more noticeable with the super mutant imo.
>>
>>389965931
Some raiders will stop attacking you if they see him because he's helped them out in the past
>>
>>389965252
>Mamma Murphy lets on that DogMeat roams around and helps those in need when you first meet
>Implying that DogMeat and Nick haven't teamed up in the past
>>
File: mfw.png (86KB, 302x273px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
86KB, 302x273px
>>389965252
On my first playthrough, I didn't speak to mama murphy so dogmeat was still called "dog". Then all of a sudden he calls him dogmeat. took me out of the game tbqhwy.
>>
>'investigate' Kelloggs house
>find only clue
>walk outside
>dogmeat teleports behind you to move 'story' on

F4 finally got the gameplay down but they need Obsidian to make an RPG with it.
>>
Father is not Shaun. Kellogg's memory proves that Father already existed when he was tasked to fetch Shaun from the 111.
>>
>>389965252
Because it shows someone's name when you highlight the cursor over them, duh.
>>
>>389968942
"father" is a title given to the head of the institute
I'm as appalled by FO4's writing as anyone else but that's not a difficult connection to make
>>
File: IMG_2551.png (48KB, 517x159px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2551.png
48KB, 517x159px
Everything Bethesda makes is dumbed down for girl "gamers"
>>
>>389965572
>Fallout 4 just assumes everyone knows each other.
This was always jarring to me, I hated it
>>
I'm going to take a wild guess and say the game sucks some cock-a-roo.
>>
File: 1418998801726.png (186KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
1418998801726.png
186KB, 393x391px
>>389969335
>he just basically said women are dumb
>>
>>389969335
>complicated skill stats
>click number next to stat name, make number bigger
wooooow so complicated
>>
We could do this all afternoon... pointing plot holes, lame writing, inconsistencies...
>people using bottlecaps just because
>people living inside shacks instead the mostly intact buildings just because
>a 200 year old frozen man speaking flawlessly the dialect of the era just because
>after the encounter with the firsr radroach the shock from the passage of time is gone, just because
>Institute bragging about making perfect robot duplicates with AI and at the same time calling them inferior just because
>and so forth and forth
That game should be called "Just Because"
>>
>>389972115
You mean in all of Fallout or just Fallout 4?
>>
>we want our robot spies to integrate with human society to better spy on them
>should we send them in as outsiders, and gradually build trust as they become part of the community?
>that sounds like it might take some of our valuable time, just abduct someone and replace them
>what about the social fallout if they're discovered to be replacements, aren't we needlessly endangering our existence?
>look, just do it, okay? I want to get back to my robot gorillas so just stop talking and do it
>>
>>389972506
Just Fallout 4. The whole series would take a week or more.
>>
>>389965252
if you've never met Dogmeat then he will introduce you to him and say that he used that dog in previous investigations
>>
>>389967415
wha?? proof of this?
>>
File: 1501754152124.png (96KB, 536x476px) Image search: [Google]
1501754152124.png
96KB, 536x476px
>>389965401
you don't get to name the dog iirc
>>
>>389965891
nigger literally what
>>
File: nick-valentine-raiders.jpg (479KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nick-valentine-raiders.jpg
479KB, 2560x1080px
>>389973439
>>
>>389967415
scripted event
>>
>>389972693
The institute was hardly in danger before the brotherhood showed up. The minutemen were dead and the railroad is a joke.
>>
>>389969335
That can't be a real tweet
>>
the weirdest thing to me about him knowing dogmeat is that you find dogmeat on the other side of the map and he just casually follows you around
how did nobody else take dogmeat? how is dogmeat surviving on his own without being killed by raiders or other dogs or mutants or robots or anything else? how is dogmeat recognized and given a name as if he goes around the wasteland conversing with people? how does he end up in diamond city if you don't take him with you?

dogmeat's role in the story makes so little sense that it's the first thing in the game that broke my suspension of disbelief, and the fact that the story forces you to take him (although presumably you could find kellogg yourself if you look up where he is or already know, i'm not sure) is something that pisses me off. they literally designed the quest in a way that the only solution is to take the stupid dog with you, to the point that they handwave it and make up a contrived explanation if you don't have the dog as a follower. did they really want to avoid giving you any choices to make as to how to progress the main story so badly that they wrote in a shitty explanation if you don't have dogmeat with you?
>>
>>389965252
That is shit writing at its finest, really break the immersion there.
>>
File: 1469756162557.jpg (678KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1469756162557.jpg
678KB, 2448x3264px
>>389974204
This is the same man who rewrote part of his game's plot when someone informed him that another game had done something similar and it was vitally important that he not be seen as a copycat
>>
>>389974630
>we realized how great it would be for the player to actually work with Dad in Project Purity
How do these people even get their jobs?
>>
>>389974630
That would've been better than killing himself with radiation while col. autumn miraculously survived
>>
File: Failed_FEV.png (547KB, 650x900px) Image search: [Google]
Failed_FEV.png
547KB, 650x900px
>>389975076
>Hurrggh son, please... you have to... kill me...
>But first, I'm very disappointed that you blew up an entire town. That's not how I raised you.
>>
>>389972115
>a 200 year old frozen man speaking flawlessly the dialect of the era just because
I'm pretty sure they didn't think of this, but my headcanon states that in a post-apocalyptic society that is entirely founded on the principles and languages that came before (NCR, Brotherhood, Enclave, Legion), then I imagine language and convention wouldn't change too much either.
>>
>>389965401
did you even play the game? do any of you people who actually post shit like this even play the games youre talking about or are you just retarded?
>>
Would the game be better if you couldn't see people's names until you have already spoke to them once and you got a description of a character as well as a name whenever you had to find someone?
>>
>>389973476
"I Bond burger your sister" Wat?
>>
>>389969421
There are only like 100 named people in the Commomwealth so it wouldn't be hard
>>
Dogmeat has a silly name and people love dogs. I'm actually shocked he didn't have a similar role in F3.
>>
>>389969967
New to the hobby doesn't mean dumb.

I don't like the removal of rpg elements, but it makes sense from Bethesda's perspective. Their history is in making complex rpgs, but their more recent success has come from the removal of these features for new audiences. Of course they're going to keep doing it, and with how pervasive their games are in pop culture it makes sense to remove all the "numbers" that may confuse someone who doesn't know what a character sheet is. They know the more hardcore fans mod their games to shit, so it makes sense they're trying to spread that as well.
>>
>>389979578
>New to the hobby doesn't mean dumb
It basically does with a system as simple as SPECIAL

New Vegas went out of its way to ensure that any build can do well and finish the game. Even if you somehow make the worst possible build, you can easy mode your way to victory with companions. You'd have to be a complete fucking moron to fail at playing the game. Or a lazy sack of shit that refuses to balance the game around multiple styles of play despite offering them in the first place.
>>
>>389965931
Actually that kind of double-standard bigotry is the only decent idea that Fallout 4 even tries to tackle, so I can't hate it for it.
>>
>>389974630
>>389969335
Emil's fall from grace was a particularly staggering one.

Reminder that he worked on Thief 2 @ LGS.
>>
>>389978482
Pierced your sister's buns
>>
>>389965252
>>389965401
>>389965540
the dog was named dogmeat before you met it. when you first meet dogmeat, its just named "dog", but after talking with Mama murphy at the beginning, or later on with Nick valentine, they will call the dog "dogmeat" and the in-game name changes to Dogmeat after that.
>>
>>389974880
>Dad ends up sabatoging the filter to prevent people who want to activate the filter from activating the filter he also wants to activate
11/10
>>
>>389981478
>Nick knows what every dog in the Commonwealth is named

MASTER DETECTIVE
>>
>>389978482
>>389981398
it's secretly pounded
>>
>>389981605
the game has some weird spiel where it implies that dogmeat is some important dog that's really traveled the commonwealth... or something, and how he's his own man and follows you because "ur special and he lieks u hurr"
>>
Dogmeat is a synth
>>
>>389981557
to be fair, they'd be activating the filter and also dumping some virus into the water to kill all the mutants... although I can't remember if Dad was privy to that information
>>
>>389981973
this. if you bring dogmeat down into the institute they'll comment on how he's "one of their older projects." its a good thing I have a mod that lets you kill your companions.
>>
>>389965252
> DUDE SUSPEND DISBELIEF LOL
Pete Hines is a fucking faggot who jumps between, "We care about the fallout universe" and " CALM DOWN DUDE ITS JUST A GAME"
>>
>>389981982
Not only was he not privvy, whats his name was directly disobeying Eden and refusing to do that.
>>
>>389982117
Why would you kill Dogmeat? He's a good dog who never judges you for your actions
>>
>>389982120
>JUST TURN UR BRAIN OFF LMAO
>>
File: 1504989897140.png (26KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
1504989897140.png
26KB, 140x140px
>>389982157
Dad just wanted to kill himself for teh epic lulz I bet. fucking based.
>>
File: Pete hines the autist.jpg (283KB, 1242x1716px) Image search: [Google]
Pete hines the autist.jpg
283KB, 1242x1716px
This image is regarding the log on pre war computer terminal you can find that details a shipping log for a shipment of jet.
>>
>>389965252
>Join the brotherhood of steel immediately because I stumbled into it
>okay fuck synths yeah why not HUMANS ROOL ROBOS DROOL
>meet up with this faggot
>can't kill him
>have to work with him
>take him to the HQ of steel
>no one cares
>no one bats an eyelid even

retarded
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.