[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>almost 1 week after release >only 9 reviews Really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: destiny 2 metacritic.png (60KB, 661x331px) Image search: [Google]
destiny 2 metacritic.png
60KB, 661x331px
>almost 1 week after release
>only 9 reviews
Really makes you think
>>
>>389960946
Over 1.2 millons player online.
>>
Shall I buy this game or what? Got friends to play with.
>mentioning since that's apparently a requirement
>>
>>389960946
Most sites are waiting for the raid and trials to go live before publishing an official review. They're treating it like an Mmo review
>>
>>389961656

About a week ago when it first launched. That number has dropped considerably.
>>
>>389962196
Did you play the first one and enjoy it? If the answer is yes, then yeah, you'll probably enjoy it. Especially with friends. It's more of the same with some quality of life improvements.
>>
It's still super content-light, correct?
>>
>>389962317
How much is the base game actually worth, though? Don't want to pay more than £35 for it but if it deserves more I'll shell out.
>>
>>389960946

When did bungie die? As in is the original talent still there or have they left? This rehash seems like the originals left replaced by freelance cookie cutter devs
>>
>>389962335

It has more content than the first game at launch, especially with the first raid being only a day away now. We didn't get the first raid in D1 for about a month.

That being said the PVP is much worse now, while the PVE events and open world is vastly improved.
>>
>>389962196
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>389962894
epic contribution to the thread son
>>
Lol people are such hypocrites I swear. Everyone I knew said they wouldn't fall for it again, and release day comes. 9/10ths of my friendslist were online playing
>>
>>389962658
>pve is vastly improved
About that...
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ufqZTk1D2xE
>>
>>389960946
I'm really starting to think Microsoft being on Bungie's ass was the reason Halo was good. Just look what happened to Bungie when Microsoft let them off their leash in 2009.
>>
>>389960946
IT'S BEEN
>>
>>389962627
Bungie is almost entirely made up of people who were fans of Bungie now. I mean, Luke fucking Smith the annoying fat fuck from 1up is the director of Destiny 2.

Funny enough Kojima Productions and Bandai Namco have both picked up a number of the Halo era Bungie staff.
>>
>>389963263
If that were true then 343 Halo games wouldn't be so bad. Halo 5 is a glorified minigame map maker and that's the only thing good about it.
>>
>>389962297
Source nugga
>>
File: IMG_0580.jpg (26KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0580.jpg
26KB, 600x450px
>>389963218
>DBobbinsFTW

The video loses any impact when his whole gimmick is being #woke and hating Destiny 2.
>>
>>389963357
Luke was there during Halo 3 though
>>
>>389963315
THREE WHOLE YEARS OF ME THINKING ABOUT YOU EVERYDAY
>>
>>389962297
>A console FPS game
You don't say
>>
>>389962437
I'm one of the "idiots" that bought the digital deluxe (with the season pass included) because I know I'll be playing it with my friends for at least another 2 years. If you're just looking for the campaign and maybe the first raid before being done, I'd wait or find it cheaper. If it's something you wanna sink your teeth into with a group of friends that plays on a regular basis, it's probably worth it now.
>>
>>389963634
Doesn't change the fact that his gimmick that video is pve sucks then he proceeds to run to punch enemies to death because they can't do shit to stop you.
>>
>>389963184
Same boat, my friend.

I've been telling my friends, regardless of whether they've played and enjoyed the game, or never had it, that they should not buy the game at launch. A friend who I played the original Destiny with tried the beta, said it's really more of the same and that they would wait. The game is available at launch for $100 and includes 2 DLC's. It is clearly going to be more of the same: Fun gameplay, very anti-consumer business model.

It's only been a few days and 3 of them are playing it right now because "It looked so good." Of course it fucking looks good, that's how they make you want to buy it. What matters is whether buying it now, at launch, is really worth your time or money. Doesn't matter to them. They see the shiny new game and they have to buy into the hype and get it.

Fuck everything.
>>
>>389962196
No. Just like the first one wait until it gets more updates and then reconsider.
>>
>>389963634
Yeah his whole hating on Destiny is tiresome now, but he is kinda right about missions being easy and the enemies being pretty brain dead.
>>
>>389963430
And yet Halo 4 and 5 are still better than Bungie post-Halo 3.
>>
>>389963430
That's 343 has less talent than Bungie when both are put in a good direction and pressure.
>>
>>389963159
Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>389963976
>>389964094
Except he's wrong. He claims that he only did a couple of missions outside the campaign and that made him a high enough level for it to be easy but I know for a fact that's impossible because I just did it on 2 characters. Doing what he claims he did, you even reach a point where you don't have enough experience to continue the campaign so it's clear that he spent way more time grinding than he needed to and then complained about being under leveled.
>>
>>389962335
For PvP and Strikes, yes. But the open world content is actually good and rewarding this time. Wait for a bundle with the DLC if you want to play it with lots of content.
>>
This game is out? I thought it just had an open beta?
>>
>>389965009
For the PC version, which isn't coming out until the end of October. Console version had a beta back in July, but it was more a network test than anything else.
>>
>>389965090
I see. So, how's the game?
>>
>>389965580
fun
>>
>>389964934
>SEETHING
>>
>>389965580
It's pretty fun, story is actually a thing now (not the greatest writing but still loads better then the first) the post game grind is very rewarding with the new loot system. Pvp is well pvp nothing extremely groundbreaking. The p2w is a meme, it's all cosmetics and I'm getting those "boxes" at a decent pace by leveling instead of buying. Shaders is also a meme, once you hit endgame you are awarded them generously.

The down side of the game is that enemies are basically the same as the first. The vanilla release of the first game put a bad taste in a lot of mouths. If this was the first destiny game instead of 2 it would be highly praised imo
>>
Fuck the Rat King quest.
>>
>>389960946
>a game that's getting a pc release is getting no publicity while only the console release is out
If and honestly, it might not get any when it's out on PC, that's when it should really make your nogging jogging
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.