[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love Age of Decadence so fucking much >amazing branching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
I love Age of Decadence so fucking much

>amazing branching of storylines
>great art direction BECAUSE Torque is such a shit engine it makes lovingly created stuff memorable
>can run it windowed
>amazing combat

Best RPG ever made, it is not weak in any department save perhaps music which I turn off to listen to podcasts.
>>
I was a big fan too.
People here shit on it because the "ideal" way to play is to hoard talent points and save before every encounter, then reload and dump points if you don't get the outcome you want.

I never felt like I had to do that though in my one playthrough as a merchant.
I'm about to start a combat focused character soon though so I'll see how different the experience is.
>>
>>389959794
I tried numerous combat characters and shit was tough until I went spear and shield and suddenly most stuff became easy.
>>
File: Boatmen.jpg (41KB, 391x547px) Image search: [Google]
Boatmen.jpg
41KB, 391x547px
So is this the objectively best way to play the game first?
>>
>>389959794
>I never felt like I had to do that though in my one playthrough as a merchant.
Merchant is the easiest class to play through, there's not really much challenge to it since you breeze through everything like you're playing a VN.

>I'm about to start a combat focused character soon though so I'll see how different the experience is.
Good luck, anon. Combat is punishing, even for combat-oriented characters.
>>
>>389959847
Thanks, I wasn't sure whether to go two-handers or something with a shield so I'll give spear+shield a shot.
>>
>>389959473
I also really like how it's so not fantasy in many ways. How many RPGs you can think of that are written in believable grounded manner? Not to mention where "hey, that guy in the dark alley totally has a quest for me!" will just end up with you stabbed in the gut and dying in a ditch.
>>
>>389959934
I hate both assassins amd thieves. Instead of sneaky-peeky-stealy-stabby you get full on mass beatings. As legionaire that's perfectly fine, but here...
That said, had a blast as Str char. Starting out, getting that merchant killed, barely surviving the first fights, especially the caravan robbing debriefing made me mad, but then slowly, steady, becoming stronger and stronger until I could pull a 300 without breaking a sweat.
>>
File: face-hype.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
face-hype.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>389959473
Replay value through the roof. I really need to play a stealthy character, but I'm always wary about those because most RPGs simply cannot pull off stealth.

>mfw Steam forums at launch
>>
File: e2M0HNn.png (358KB, 399x508px) Image search: [Google]
e2M0HNn.png
358KB, 399x508px
>>389959934
>Not going full jew
>>
>>389960121
Try heavy crossbow for fun
also dagger

put AT LEAST 7 pts in con
>>
>>389960213
The writing is not that great but it's not pretentious. And there are some lore expositions but nothing like Obsidian infodumps. I like that it pays hommage to Glen Cook even though it's nothing like his works in tone.

What's the dev working on next? I gather it's some sort of post-apoc which should run fine with the combat system which is essentially what original Fallout gameplay should be like (Underrail is even better in this aspect).
>>
>>389960945
The New World - SF RPG about a generation space ship and society that develops on it. Should be gud.

>The New World is an isometric, party-based RPG inspired by Heinlein’s Orphans of the Sky. Your character's world is a “generation ship,” a massive spacecraft on a centuries long voyage to colonize a distant planet. The Ship's original government has been disbanded following a violent mutiny and you must negotiate a treacherous path among your fellow passengers and the contentious factions striving to dominate the Ship. Your choices alone will determine who your friends and enemies are.
>>
File: IMG_1307.png (94KB, 238x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1307.png
94KB, 238x238px
>looks interesting
>look it up
>$32.99CND
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.