[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people claim Bloodborne is better than Souls? I beat it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 13

File: Djura.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Djura.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Why do people claim Bloodborne is better than Souls? I beat it a few weeks ago, and it was only marginally better than DaS2 for me.

After Yharnam, the areas all become linear (Forbidden Forrest being the exception) and can be cleared through in no time. Areas like Cainhurst and Upper Cathedral Ward were interesting but they were over by the time they started. And barring those two, Forbidden Forest feels like the Demon Ruins of the game where there's a noticeable lack of quality in the areas and bosses from that point on.

Speaking of the bosses, it amazes me out of all the bosses in the game they pick some of the worst ones to be required bosses. SoY and Micolash in particular might as well had been fucking regular enemy encounters. Rom feels more fitting for a Souls game than Bloodborne, and while The Wetnurse making a clone of itself and turning the area dark was cool, it's probably the only time when you're in any danger of dying during that fight. It feels like a boss that should've been in the shitty chalice dungeons.

I also hate how the game rewards playing mindlessly like DSP. I bought DaS3 from the PSN sale, and I noticed how the habit of mashing R1 when I'm hit has carried over. I never had any problem fighting regular enemies in BB. You either parry and visceral or just mash R1 because everything staggers so easily. I trivialized Lagarius and Ebrietas (bosses who were said to be the hardest in the base game) by parrying and staggering the shit out of respectively.

I feel that DeS and DaS are the only games in the franchise worth playing. Just started DaS3, I hope the general consensus about it being a letdown is wrong. Just like how Bloodborne was held as the best game in the series.
>>
Because it's babbies first cosmic horror "story"
>>
>Djura & Gascoigne

>Jura & Gascogne

are there other Bloodborne characters who are named after French regions?
>>
Because console peasants got mad that their exclusives were stolen.
>>
bloodborne is really only worth playing for the dlc

the main game really falls flat after cathedral ward
>>
>>389956951
because is exclusive
>>
Personally I liked the atmosphere a lot and that's why I enjoyed it.

I feel the linearity kind of helps making it all more concise and not feel all over the place. The pacing was very good which is always a plus for me and many others. It also has the best soundtrack after DeS.
>>
It's arguably the only complete game they've ever released.
>>
>das babby's first bait thread
If this isn't bait, it's pretty sad.
>>
>389957760
>falls flat after cathedral ward
>what is byrgenwerth
>what is hemwick
>what is cainhurst
>is only worth playing for the dlc

Keep the meme up.
>>
>>389957943
It always felt to me that the chalice dungeons were just a rushed way of developing what was originally meant to be some winding labyrinthine city sprawling underneath, instead of the boring mud halls they ended up as.

Also, I can't help but feel the research hall, and possibly all the dlc areas were meant to be part of the original release, considering the clock towers prominent role in not only the skyline, but also the pre-release marketing.
>>
>>389957850
100% this
idorts already knew this
>>
>>389956951
tl;dr but basically it looks like you have shit taste
>>
>the areas all become linear

stopped reading there

linear doesn't mean bad. Open works sometimes, linear works others. Something being open doesn't mean it's automatically better. lots of open world games and settings suck ass. most do, actually. at least with linearity, you have all the fun stuff in a row, instead of "open" with lots of...walking around in emptiness.
>>
>>389958273
All 3 of those areas are short (Especially fucking Byrgenwerth), linear, and have underwhelming bosses (aside from Cainhurst).

Never played the DLC (and won't because I'm not paying $20 for 2-3 hours of content) so I can't vouch for its quality.
>>
I'm so sick of this bullshit.

Des is not worth playing at all for fuck sake. Das 1 is better overall and you complain about dumb ass bosses in BB but des where the bosses have the same 3 moves or the final boss who spams the AOE move constantly basically begging you to kill him on top of all them being weak to fire or slow as shit. Then you have only have 1 well designed world latria while the others are completely forgettable and the game only has 5 of them anyways and the whole experience is max 30 hours.

I don't care how you feel about BB but stop fucking pretending Des is good.
>>
>>389957850
/thread
>>
>>389958273
Byrgenwerth is ridiculously short, and has a terrible boss

Forbidden woods is overly large and has a mediocre boss

Yahar'gul is filled with annoying, respawning buffed enemies and has an awful boss.

Nightmare frontier is a pretty decent shift in overall aesthetics, but felt overly detached from the main game, the poison pools weren't very fun either. Amygdala itself was kind of disappointing, it felt like he was designed to be fought in a darker, tighter area that emphasised his size, like the chalice dungeon fight, outside of it he was far too easy.

Mensis has micolash, the worst boss in the game, and wet nurse, who is oddly simple for such a late stage encounter. The design of the area is fantastic however, only slightly soured by the poorly designed and frustrating winter lantern section.

Upper cathedral ward is far too short, and the emissary fight is garbage. Ebrietas, if you even consider her to be part of the area is really the only good part

Hemwick charnel lane has a pretty decent layout, but the boss is god awful.

Cainhurst is a wonderful area, and Logarius, providing you don't go there too late is a very fun boss, if you don't abuse parries. The only slight I feel cainhurst suffers from is that they could have done more, had more of the castle to explore, another boss or even two.

I really don't think it's too dishonest to claim that the game loses a lot of the steam it has after the cathedral ward, the progression of cleric beast-gascoigne-bsb-amelia and the interwoven, consistently engaging level design makes for the best opening in the series.

The mid game slump is what puts me off replaying bloodborne over and over again.
>>
>using linear to criticize a game
Open world baby detected
>>
>>389958808
DeS is fine though. It's oddly satisfying playing the most raw game in the series. Gameplay wise there's really nothing wrong with it and there's neat little touches that they never brought back, like an item explaining why you glow or pulling special weapons out of the ground.
>>
>>389958678
I don't want the game to be open world. I want the areas to be multi-linear where there's multiple paths for you to explore shit, but that pretty much stops after Yharnam. And if you 'didn't stopped reading there' you'd also know that on top of the areas being linear they're short as fuck while most of them are uninteresting with bland enemies. Really, I'm talking about Soulsborne games here. Why in hell do you think I want the game to be open world? If you want linearity with little branching paths done right, Demon Souls did it far better than DaS2 and BB.

>>389958808
Like I said above, when it came to linear level design Demon Souls. You only got to an archstone when you could beat the boss for that section. No bonfires out the ass and the areas weren't short to the point of any shortcut being hardly worth it. The areas were all distinct and the bosses, while most were fairly simple, were still more memorable than most of what you got in DaS2 and did unconventional bosses far better than BB. It was a game that wasn't set back by expectations and was very experimental in its concepts which built the core of the franchise. Another Soulsborne game would never have shit like an item that drains levels from players or the final boss being an absolute joke since the fanbase expects a cool 1v1 with giant sword man. Having an area with flying creatures shooting giant projectiles at you while you balance dodging them and fighting the enemies on the ground. If a boss like Maiden Astrea were in the newer games she'd turn out to be a hidden badass who fights you with -iconic weapon- or Phalanx would have a super hyped up second phase after you take out all the mini phalanxes protecting its core.
>>
>>389957442
Please recommend a different game (preferably better) with a cosmic horror Story
>>
>>389960608
It really sucks we'll never get a murderous NPC like Yurt again. Lautrec just kills the firekeeper in firelink (and by that point in the game you've probably kindled bonfires or can teleport anyway) and the Begger in BB just kills NPCs and at most you lose any further interaction with them or the umbilical cord from the slut. The modern Souls fanbase wouldn't accept an NPC killing people like the only guy you can learn magic from after you kill a boss.
>>
>>389956951
>After Yharnam, the areas all become linear
So?
>>
>>389961216
A video game with a better story? It's probably the only one since cosmic horror isn't as big as other types. So it wins by default.

But I can send you to books that do cosnic horror far better than Bloodborne doing what amounts to relying on a wikipedia page on Lovecraft for everything.
>>
>>389961448
To be fair, it's misleading and sets your standards too high for the rest of the game. That's a reason why it's many people's favorite level.
>>
faster, better artstyle, better music, better setting, better boss battles, superior story and lore

legit 10/10 perfect game
>>
>>389961609
>That's
There's
>>
>>389956951

Playing through it for the first time right now (haven't played a souls game since DeS released), the main problem I'm having with it is that (sans the DLC), the difficulty drops drastically after Gascoigne (with the exception of Logarius.) I'm only halfway through, and the difficulty may spike and kill me.

8/10 so far, but not perfect at all.
>>
>>389961609
>it's misleading
you mean just like the tonal shift from a werewolf hunting story to cosmic horror?
woah
>>
At least 2 let you take on areas as you pleased. BB railroads you outside of the part where you get sent to Hypogean.
>>
>>389961947
Yes, the level design in a video game changing in quality is comparable to the loose leaf story changing focus.
>>
>>389961448
>literally the exact complaint people have about DS2
>B-but it's ok when Bloodborne does it!
>>
>>389961973
>>389962171

Who to believe
>>
>>389962320
Both are correct. DS2 lets you take on whatever areas you want at first, then railroads you after Drangleic Castle. Everyone says this is bad, but apparently it's OK when Bloodborne does it.
>>
>>389961947
A story twist is different from a change in gameplay. It's like the fast car segment at the beginning of Just Cause 2.
>>
>>389962320
2 had linear level design but what order you tackled areas was up to your discretion (until you got to the castle), similar to how DeS was while still trying to have a cohesive world like DaS.
>>
File: Shut up.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shut up.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>389960608
>were still more memorable

Look at this pathetic damage control, the bosses were literally shit to play against because they were braindead and got repetitive rather quickly. People only remember few of the des bosses for their gimmicks, not because they were genuine good boss fights. The one lady boss in the swamp area who has a knight fight you, the fucker has like 1 moveset with his large hammer, this is inexcusable. Experimental whatever doesn't excuse terrible programming or lazy ass boss designs with far too limited moves. ALL the levels are designed to lead you to the boss so a little effort in to them would be appreciated.

>he final boss being an absolute joke
He is though, not talking about the slug one but the real final boss was teriibly programmed, every time in my playthroughs he would constantly try to rage and charge for his AOE move and those lazy ass devs copied half his move sets off penetrator.

>Having an area with flying creatures shooting giant projectiles at you

Yeah where you hide in the shed and spam R1 in the air?

>If a boss like Maiden Astrea were in the newer games

The vinlad guy protecting her would not have been a joke having 1 moveset and would actually be tough to fight.
>>
File: 1490584799008.gif (3MB, 435x316px) Image search: [Google]
1490584799008.gif
3MB, 435x316px
>that "The great debate thread"
>people even daring to claim 3 is better
>>
>>389962704
You honestly only find them to be a joke because DeS wasn't your first Souls game. They were designed to be challenging and they were at the time. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but those two to four moves used to be intimidating. No one thought the series would turn into dodging wombo combos later on.
>>
>>389962171
DS2 has far more pressing issues
>>
Literally impossible to return to sword and shield trash after Bloodborne.
>>
File: 1469136121009.png (26KB, 200x202px) Image search: [Google]
1469136121009.png
26KB, 200x202px
>>389963308
>ever using a shield in any soulsborne game
>>
>>389962171
And both are the best in the series.
>>
>>389956951
The combat is absolutely better. /v/ seems to parrot /dsg/ with the BB HAS THE WORST PVP mentality and I just don't understand it at all. Hunter v Hunter combat is so much more interesting than "circle around endlessly" PVP in DaS.
>>
>>389963649
>ever using a shield in any soulsborne game
Why bother playing at all when you could just play the superior combat system.

The way they play. The circling. The terrible backstab mechanics. Just cannot go back to it.

Bloodborne nailed backstabs with the charge up mechanic. DaS3 was a step backwards again.
>>
>>389959172
>Rom
>terrible
Shit taste detected, Rom was a top tier boss. I bet you dislike Phalanx too.
>>
>>389956951
>Best music.
>Best narrative.
>Best movesets and weapons.
>Best enemies.
>Best atmosphere.
>Best combat.
>2nd best bosses compared to Dark Souls 3.
>Only game that subverts your expectations with the narrative.
There are also some statements of yours that are tenuous and I'll address directly.
For example, Forbidden Forest and Mergo's Loft and the games other poor areas are easily better then Demon's Ruin, Lost Izalith, Tomb of Giants, Crystal Cave, Great Hollow, Royal Wood, Darkroot, Valley of the Drakes, and Ask Lake.
There are some shitty bosses in the main game, as well as some gems in the chalices. It sucks that it happened that way, but more importantly even the most middling bosses in BB beat out all of DeS/DkS1 and DkS2 (barring some bosses from 3 crowns). Something like Logarius shits all over O&S, Artorias, Manus, etc. Hell, even some Chalice bosses eclipse all of DeS/DkS/basegame DkS2.
Playing mindlessly climaxed in Dark Souls:
>Hit poise breakpoints, throw on a weapon with an R1 infinite, and literally ignore everything and mash.
You don't have to pay attention to anything since poise allows you to guarantee a stunlock on everything but a titanite demon. It least in BB various enemies have dragon punch moved with immediate hyper armor and you have to be mindful of their attacks.
>>
>>389963091
>you wouldn't notice the shit design if you played it f-first

This came out in 7th gen, don't act like well designed 3d bosses didn't exist until after des. People who played NGB or god hand wouldn't have found it challenging. Shit isn't even about difficulty anyways, it's just spotting laziness that kills off enjoyment.
>>
>>389962704
>damage control

I said that they were simple and easy. Yet it was the first game and they didn't know what did and didn't work. The first game in a lot of well regarded franchises are archaic in retrospect, but that's to be expected since it was the first game which set the foundation for the rest of the series to build off of. And what's wrong with bosses being memorable for gimmicks? In the series bosses are either remembered for being difficult or for being interesting to fight. Old Monk was cool because you were fighting a real player, same with Glass Knight. One of the few bosses people genuinely like from DaS2's base game. If he didn't have that gimmick he'd be seen as another giant armored guy with a sword with nothing else other than that. And yes all the levels are linear, that's why I brought it up in the first place. I didn't have a problem with linearity as long as the level itself was interesting.

> not talking about the slug one but the real final boss

What? Are you talking about False King? I guess he's the real final boss in the sense that he's actually a fight and you most likely well fight him last after clearing the other worlds.

>Yeah where you hide in the shed and spam R1 in the air?

Roll spam, R1 spam. Yes, you roll to avoid damage and you press R1 to attack. I don't get how the Souls fanbase comes up with these inane terms. If you don't want to have to worry about the needle shooting stingrays hitting your ass then you can shoot them with a bow or use magic. Which you use by pressing R1, which is in fact the attack button.

>The vinlad guy protecting her would not have been a joke having 1 moveset and would actually be tough to fight.

It's not supposed to be a tough fight. The entire point was that you had to kill a woman who just wanted to help all the unfortunate fucks in the Valley of Defilement and the only person standing between you and her was a guy who amounted to a typical enemy.
>>
How do I kill the wet nurse? I feel like I'm missing something.
>>
>>389956951
Because lovecraft fedora tippers
>>
File: angery.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
>suck at action games, 2fast4me
>get dark souls, Des then Das2, holy shit it's actually easier
>get BB
>it's Devil may cry/bayonetta all over again
>>
>>389959172
>>389958703

>waah wah Byrgenwerth is so short
Because its supposed to be a "reward" area after the player overcomes the Forbidden Woods, kiddo. Also, Rom is one of the best vanilla bosses in the game, pure kino.

>Yahar'gul is so difficult, I don't like it
Lol, I think you're playing the wrong game bruv.
>>
>>389963743
Pressing circle and sidestepping to the left side of the boss and then staggering them after you do your full combo made the game laughably easy. Even without abusing the giant windups that only exist so you can parry.
>>
>>389964474
You're not supposed to consider it to be a pure action game like NGB or GH.
They thought that these moves would be challenging and fair to the players, which they were since plenty of people died to these bosses. Eventually people figured out what your character was capable of and became masters at dodging. Also I wouldn't call lack of time and money "laziness". I wouldn't blame you for not being able to accomplish a big task with little resources but would praise you for what you could do with the lack of.
>>
>>389963843
Now that you mention it, Rom is a similar concept to Phalanx and TOR is similar to Tower Knight. Phalanx was whittling down at a boss little by little until it was defenseless while Rom was any other fight where you had mook enemies in the arena. The One Reborn is an absolute joke, at least with Tower Knight you had to figure out to break its ankles before you could deal damage. TOR was just mindlessly wailing at it after you killed the maidens and dodging the vomit that falls from the sky. I don't even remember if it can attack you outside of mindless flailing and vomitting.
>>
>>389964696
Nah, it's nothing new. Fromfags are the cringiest fanbase when it comes about circle jerking about nonexistent plot and autism.
>>
It has the best themes and gameplay. The cosmic horror, trick weapons, brilliant OST, excellent DLC, well written NPCs and fantastic graphics (I'm a gtx1080 fag, fuck off with your console wars shit) are just icing on the cake.
>>
>>389964814
What reward? It's the only instance in this entire series where a location would be better off NOT having a title card pop up for it. The enemies are a joke, the bitch in the house is only difficult if you didn't learn how to parry or can't dodge her properly. Rom is a shit fight that only stands out for its area and design.

The only difficult part of Yahar'gul was the area with the 3 hunters. The rest of it is a joke, just like the boss for it.
>>
>>389964814
>Reward
Come on now, there was obviously cut content. What about that big obvious floor hatch in Byrgenwerth? I can't be the only one who though we'd return to that later.
>>
>>389965237
I laugh everytime I see people touting half assed lore as actual narrative. Lorr by itself is just fucking backstory to something. The actual narratives in these games are you kill a ton of powerful beings then kill final guy before choosing whatever fate for the world or yourself. That's it.
>>
>>389965504
Yhargul is much harder then anywhere else I can think of in the series except maybe the snowfield in DkS2.
>>
>>389956951
>the """"discussion"""" ITT
>it's just a bunch of angry turbovirgins crying about how much bloodborne sucks and how easy it is
>bloodborne thread at night
>it's just a bunch of happy turbovirgins actually discussing the game and not jerking each other off over who can appear more condescending while seeking validation among their peers
/v/ at night is better if only because third worlders who haven't actually played the game are all too busy begging for meal tickets to actually hinder real talk among people who are better than them irl

sorry if this hurt your feelings
>>
>>389965786
>Lore

You mean fanfiction?
>>
It´s the only game on ps4
>>
>>389966728
What about Nioh!
>>
>>389965504
>what reward
>cut content

Wew lads, are you a virgins to Souls? From's level design always try to reward the player visually when he comes to an area that's heavily tied with the lore. They did this in Anor Londo, Dragon Shrine, Irythill and so on..

It's not like Byrgenwerth could be a massive place anyway, so it's kinda stupid to complain about linearity.
>>
>>389968423
>reward the player visually

Shut the fuck up. Anor Londo, Dragon Shrine, and Irythill were longer than 5 minutes. And again, the problem isn't linearity. It's the areas being boring and linear while being over before you finish shitting.
>>
>>389956951
Because it is
>>
>>389968618
>And again, the problem isn't linearity
>It's the areas being boring and linear

Do you even read what you type, you antediluvian primate?
>>
>>389969085
Can you read? It's the fact that the levels blandly designed and short ontop of them being linear accumulating in most of the areas being short and unremarkable.
>>
>>389956951
>SoY
they are. this pasta sucks
>>
>>389964571
>they didn't know what did and didn't work. The first game in a lot of well regarded franchises are archaic in retrospect, but that's to be expected since it was the first game which set the foundation for the rest of the series to build off of.

Nah, that doesn't excuse lazy programming or blatanly giving enemies a single moveset, stop pretending demon souls came out 1978. This shit came out when 3d action games were well established.

>And what's wrong with bosses being memorable for gimmicks
Because it's a one off experince, replaying it you will realise how boring the actual fight is. There's not one boss in des that makes me wanna hop on right now and fight it besides old monk which is dead now since online isn't active. And look you only mentioned old monk because of the online aspect since it could provide a different experience each time, all the other bosses wear out in the first minute.
>Are you talking about False King

Yes, he was plain garbage, they didn't program him properly and 75% kept trying to pull off an AOE attack that takes too long to pull off in time before you hit him.

>Yes, you roll to avoid damage and you press R1 to attack

No, in that fight you literally hide in a shed and spam R1, other souls fight you can't just hide and spam from the same position. This was supposed to be the final boss of the area, could have been for more engaging.

>It's not supposed to be a tough fight

Yeah the with the fucking women, the actual vinlad guy has no excuses to be that weak/lazily programmed to have 1 move where he smashes his hammer.

>amounted to a typical enemy.
Even standard enemies are not as braindead, all the other NPC's you engage with have more movesets except this fucker
>>
It's fine to shit on triple A western games for being linear but not my super cool jap devloped title!
>>
>>389969327
>blandly designed and short
>linear
>short short short

You have literally 0 understanding on how layered level design works.
>>
>>389969509
>When 3D action games were well established
>>389964474
>NGB and God Hand

The game wasn't trying to fucking be NGB or God Hand. This is as inane as people who say Monster Hunter is archaic for not playing like DMC when it's clear the game is going for a more methodical approach to combat. Emphasized by the fact a good portion of the bosses in DeS have you figure out how to damage them rather than just fighting them outright. DeS in particular was more similar to Zelda than either of those two. Bosses have clear openings for when you should attack or were puzzles you had to figure out. It wasn't trying to be a super fast paced and cool hack n slash/beat em up.

>Because it's a one off experience
And what's wrong with that? A lot of the most iconic moments in the series are 'one off experiences'. Nearly all of the bosses become mundane once you beat them and know how they work. And that's not mentioning the fact DeS was more focused on World Tendency nonsense for it's replayability.

>Yes, he was plain garbage, they didn't program him properly and 75% kept trying to pull off an AOE attack that takes too long to pull off in time before you hit him.

I'll agree here. At least you can actually cancel him out of the AoE.

>No, in that fight you literally hide in a shed and spam R1, other souls fight you can't just hide and spam from the same position. This was supposed to be the final boss of the area, could have been for more engaging.

The boss was a giant variant of the flying stingrays you fought before. Either your character was built to use a bow against it or you got the storm ruler and used that. In other words, a puzzle boss.

Seriously, if you want to bring up shit bosses why haven't you even mentioned Ancient Dragon God or Leechmonger?

>Even standard enemies are not as braindead, all the other NPC's you engage with have more movesets except this fucker

Yeah, the Bramd is a shitty weapon and a lot of weapons in DeS don't have great movesets.
>>
>>389970321
Please enlighten us on Bloodborne's sophisticated level design.
>>
>>389956951
>Why do people claim Bloodborne is better than Souls?

Because it's better in literally every way.
>>
>>389956951
>Lagarius
>hardest in the base game

Please keep proving that you're clueless.
>>
>>389961552
apples, meet oranges
>>
>>389971924
Yes, don't quote the fact I said he was hardest in regard to the consensus of most of the players.
>>
>>389972056
That was literally never the consensus. You're still proving it.
>>
>>389958703
The DLC is legitimately the best out of all the Soulsborne games and has the best bosses of the series.
>>
>>389972010
Because comparing two narratives is a false one right?
>>
>>389972304
no but comparing two wildly different mediums of storytelling on a board about only one is retarded by any measure.
>>
>>389957876
>Best soundtrack
No. Just no. An orchestra doesn't make automatically a good soundtrack just because it's bombastic. Half of BB's Soundtrack is very generic and you can guess that the classic composer guy had absolutely no clue for which bosses he was composing. Only Yuka Kitamura and her pal Fuji something knew what the game needed. You can switch most tracks of the base game without it feeling odd. gascoigne theme could fit any boss that is a beast actually.
>>
>>389958703
I generally agree when it comes to DLC but Old Hunters is an exception. By far the best DLC I have ever spent money on.
>>
>>389972432
There's nothing fucking wildly different about storytelling in games and books. The rules of what makes a narrative good is consistent across all mediums where narrative is prominent. I'm glad the cool cosmic horror visuals of bb enamored you, just want you to know cosmic horror has been done far better.
>>
>>389972189
>That was literally never the consensus

Yes, because if you don't google up "Hardest boss in Bloodborne" Logarius, Ebrietas, and Ludwig won't be the most common answers from various forums. So, I'd ask, what point are you even trying to prove?
>>
>>389972835
>There's nothing fucking wildly different about storytelling in games and books

nothing different between an interactive medium that can vary based on choices and one that is just presented as is to the audience. no sir.

the worst part is you're probably serious.
>>
>>389963843
rom has great atmosphere but the mechanics are not fun at all

if it didn't have the fucking magic meteors it'd be 10x better
>>
>>389972837
Ah yes, the "interactive medium" card. Here's the truth nigglet. Most video games are only interactive in their gameplay segments that are disjoimted from the stories they tell. The ones that give you a choice give you the illusion of choice or they might affect 1 or 2 things in the plot that stays generally the same. The worst part of this is that you actually used that as an argument
>>
>>389964328
most bb bosses are garbage though. the only one worth mentionning are logarius, the pthumerians, maybe gascoigne and shadows. and the 3 of the DLC. the rest is either cheap or meh.

Also no one forces you to play with poise
>>
I finished demons souls and dark souls 3. Played them all. I still think demons souls was the best in the series.
>>
>>389972837
That you're absolutely clueless about this game. The one you keep proving by moving from opinions that are clearly based on not being familiar with the subject to a google search.
>>
>>389956951

Gameplay is much better
Its not slow and clunky like Dark Souls
>>
>>389973328
>you're just playing that bullshit card that totally invalidates my argument

oh god you really were serious. you truly can't see how the interactivity makes it very different from a regular medium like books or films? seriously?
>>
>>389973627
>The one you keep proving by moving from opinions that are clearly based on not being familiar with the subject to a google search.

Yeah, you're right. Having proof that most of the people, who've played the game, claim X boss is one of the hardest somehow isn't true. Even when said boss is mentioned in every leddit,neofag, gamefaqs, etc thread about the subject.

But apparently that's not the case. Because anonymous on /v/ said it wasn't before implying I didn't know anything. Without being able to support any of his claims, or having an actual point at all for that matter. Relying on cheap quips and classic /v/ argumentative tactics that anyone can point out after a few days of lurking. Godspeed.
>>
>>389966106
Truth.
>>
>>389973887
The classic greentext that twists what you said while claiming I'm wrong without being able to rebut the specific points that I gave. What a joke, are you that upset video games aren't special like you thought?
>>
>>389972748
This. Genuinely the only tune that stuck out was Hail the Nightmare, everything else blends into just generic bombastic orchestral.
>>
>>389966106
you're a sad specimen if you actually cannot handle discussion and the opinions of others. Obviously you've never worked in a professional environment, but if you made any aspersions about an opponent in any profession be it medical, academic or otherwise you'd be laughed out the room and sacked on the spot. So fuck off, grow up and come back when you approach some smeblance of a responsible adult. Your parents are clearly such fucking failures they would be incapable of shame.
>>
Because in reality nobody has played it because it's a console exclusive
If it's not on PC it's not been released.
>>
>>389974325
It is still better than soundtrack of all other souls games. BB atleast had tracks like the hunter, the first hunter, the holy blade, mergo's lullaby. All tracks in all 3 souls games are generic shit praised by soulsbabbies.
>>
>>389974574
Newfag?
>>
I didn't like the spiders 。゚・(>﹏<)・゚。
>>
>comparing Demon's Ruins to Forbidden Forest
>>
>>389972748
firstly the bosses in Bloodborne don't really fit european mythology from which the composers could pick music that would fit, but you are seriously fucking wrong if you think the successes of the OST had much to do with Kitamura or Fuji. Ebrietas is a fucking triumph considering it is the strangest subject and yet Amon was in tuen with the lore enough to appreciate the cosmic spectacle of the boss so wrote a melodic fantastical flight to convey the wonder and awe of the fight. No fucking jap could do that.
>>
>>389973865
Being slow isn't a negative against a game when that's the point, and having to commit to your actions =/= clunky.
>>
>>389974868
You're right. Lost Izalith would be a better comparison.
>>
>>389975009
I actually think bloodborne destroyed the gameplay of the series as a whole. Just look at dark souls 3.
>>
>>389956951
Why do people claim DaS2 is better than DaS? Why do people claim DaS is better than DeS? Why do people claim Lords of the Fallen wasn't complete shit? Because people have different tastes, fucktard.
>>
>>389975097
I thought Forbidden Forest was one of the best areas of the game. The first half is really dense and has a number of routes, and the second tests your ability to open the shortcut in time before you run out of blood vials. The enemies are fun and provide good parrying practice, and the design itself looks great.
>>
File: 1381509131318.png (56KB, 720x717px) Image search: [Google]
1381509131318.png
56KB, 720x717px
>>389956951
>Bloodborne isn't better than Souls
>But it's marginally better than the best game in the series
???
>>
>>389975256
Dark Souls 3's enemies were a shitpile. Fucking BB-style fast enemies left and right despite being huge and despite the fact your guy doesn't have BB-style speed and dodge.
>>
>>389975863
DS2 is the best???

DS1 is miles ahead
>>
File: 1448565903750.jpg (36KB, 395x324px) Image search: [Google]
1448565903750.jpg
36KB, 395x324px
>>389956951
>didn't play The Old Hunters
Your shit opinion is invalid
>>
>>389975006
That's wanking mate. It fails to be memorable at the end of the day because it doesn't have any theme really tied to a character or a boss in an unexpected way. There is a monster, there is a kin one, which only translates into more strings or more vocals/organs.
Vordt with its theme which is unexpectedly not a brainless drum+ "oh oh oh" theme like Sakuraba did with most DS1 bosses shits on most BB's themes. When most of the world you're exploring is silent and oppressing, the boss MUST have a memorable track from which you learn something. If it doesn't, the OST just falls flat, and that's why BB's is kind of a failure for me. Only Gehrman had a decent track in the base game, but even this one felt like it had been composed for a movie or a different game.
>>
>>389976404
You're right, because I'm talking about the base game. Not 3-4 hours of extra content.
>>
>>389976669
You can't say Fallout 3 is bad without having played Point Lookout or Broken Steel faggot!
>>
I love forrests but this forrest was too big and mazy, I like the mulilinearity of Bloodborne that said some parts were kinda too linear like begenwotth, which didn't feel like an area.

SoY and Micolash were interesting bosses.
SoY required you to think on who to take out, even the fucking massive snakes make the fight no joke.
Mocolash was a crazy fucking maze boss fight that made you crazy if you didn't know where to go, the boss fight is trivial bus the maze was part of it.

>Mindlesly mashing
I get killed if I do that. Don't know what you mean by that.
I agree parries make the game way too easy.
>>
>>389972748
>DkS soundtracks.
>Midi, samples, and shit-tier preamps recorded by gooks in a closet and ran through an Aphex exciter from 1985 before being mixed by a retard.
>BB.
>Actual full orchestra recorded with overhead in-series matched pair ribbons and actual 1073 and AT50 preamps with soloist re-tracking and mixed by proper engineers.
This isn't even comparable, Japan Studio has access to an on-premises studio and Sony was willing to flip the bill for professionals to come in and play the music.
>>
>>389975009
This is stupid, you can still commit to your swings in a game without it feeling sluggish, literally Demon's Souls is an example of this.
Also, Dark Souls you don't commit to shit thanks to poise, since most punishments enemies dole out will eliminate any sense of "overcommiting" as you just shrug and immediately go into your follow-up.
>>
>>389964814
>Byrgenwerth is a reward area for overcoming the Forbidden Woods
>just finished the Woods last night
>heading into Byrg tonight
This made me excited
>>
>>389977480
>you can still commit to your swings in a game without it feeling sluggish

Dark Souls conveyed weapon weight better than Demons. That =/= sluggish.

>Dark Souls you don't commit to shit thanks to poise

Now this is stupid. Poise is associated to a playstyle where you tank damage and limit how much you get staggered. It's like saying you don't have to commit to being stealthy in MGS because you can just shoot everything that moves.
>>
>>389977181
And the end result is that the themes that are the most memorable are Maria's, Gehrman and Ludwig, all composed by gooks. Having an orchestra for BB was a complete waste considering how safe it was for the base game. It needed more to get a lasting impression.

I understand what you mean and I keep laughing at the pittiful trumpets in some DkS3 tracks like Yorhm's, but the thing is that Watchers', Dancer's, twin's, Vordt's, Pontiff's, SoC's tracks and the DLC ones have more personality than most BB tracks in the base game.

No matter how much money you'll pour into a soundtrack, Mozart's requiem will always sound better on toy instruments than any Two steps from hell music track played by a full blown orchestra.
>>
>>389977614
Byrgenwerth isn't a reward though, it's one of the mandatory places you have to get through to get to the end of the game.
>>
File: 1493589885212.jpg (2MB, 1000x2401px) Image search: [Google]
1493589885212.jpg
2MB, 1000x2401px
>>389956951
>I don't like the areas.
>I don't like the bosses.
>I don't like the gameplay.
>Why do you guys like these things?

It's almost as if people have different opinions.
>>
File: BB Bitch.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BB Bitch.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
Post your Toons, special points for unique fashionborne
>>
>>389974680
Steam is a console.
>>
>>389961216
Eternal Darkness?
>>
>>389978334
>24 vials

lmao
>>
>>389957442
>playing for le story
Faggot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF3LooXSxaI
>>
>>389972748
The choir track kicking in during the Cleric Beast fight, and the out-of-nowhere background music when my buddy was kidnapped and taken to the Hypogean Gaol for the first time were the main reasons I ended up buying the game myself.
>>
>>389978014
Being a mandatory place does not remove it's "reward" value. Anor Londo was a mandatory stage to go, and still had that air of "I finally got here".
>>
>>389974574
>tfw you clearly pinched a nerve
i apologized in advance dude fuck off
>>
>>389956951
Demon's Souls and Dark 1 are definitely better than Bloodborne, but BB is still a very good game.
Bloodborne is certainly is miles ahead Dark 2 and Dark 3.
>>
>>389978803
a reward isn't something you get for doing what you're supposed to do. At least the most gratifying ones aren't.
>>
>>389978549
Literally no reason not to
>>
File: Pas.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pas.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>>389978334
>Toons
>>
>>389979117
>a reward isn't something you get for doing what you're supposed to do
>he's never been rewarded for doing hard work that he was supposed to do
>>
>>389979117
That's exactly what a reward is.
>>
>>389978014
Well I've never been there before, and that anon said it was a sort of reward area. So I'm gonna be excited, don't harsh my buzz.
>>
>>389979742
>So I'm gonna be excited, don't harsh my buzz.
stay hype anon it's a reward in the sense that it part of the build-up to that point, fuck that dumbass he probably doesn't even like bloodborne
>>
>>389978014
It's central to the story, and up until you best the Shadows, it's only been mentioned in hushed, reverent tones. Clearly it's an important, lore-based area that fans of the game will find interesting. I'm not saying it's a frosted cookie you get for beating the Forbidden Woods, but it means something.
>>
>>389979616
>>389979502
... I guess, right...
>>
>>389979429
Yeee, Church Pick is my shit
>>
Am I the only one who likes DS3 the most?
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160825082333.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160825082333.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>389978334
>>
>>389980347
probably

for me it's
>Bloodborne/DeS
>DaS
>DaS3
>DaS2
assuming all DLC is included, i don't hate any of them
>>
>>389980529
h-haiai!
>>
File: AWAY AWAY.png (2MB, 1335x843px) Image search: [Google]
AWAY AWAY.png
2MB, 1335x843px
>>389978334
>>
>>389980347
>>389980543
Nope, you're not alone, I genuinely feel that BB was so streamlined that it actually got the formula wrong. Imposing fast gameplay and nothing else in a souls game even though the no shield/roll only possibility existed in prior games was completely retarded. It was like saying "you played the other games the wrong way, so play like this and only like this".
This plus the hidden stat system which is completely fucked, the bosses with gigantic health pools that are only bearable if you've leveled up adequately (while Manus never took more than 40 hits to die with any +15 weapon no matter your level), half of the bosses have poor movesets, the lore never gets away from the lovecraftian formula, etc...

Victorian esthetics don't excuse everything. And a satisfying quickstep doesn't excuse the lack of builds.
>>
>>389982203
>Imposing fast gameplay and nothing else in a souls game even though the no shield/roll only possibility existed in prior games was completely retarded

I found it funny how people clamored all over the fact you can't use a shield and a shield was a joke item in the game. Did most of the people who play Souls stack poise, put points into only VIT, and hold L1 for the entire game?
>>
>>389982837
Never really tried the shield because of its reputation, but it's worth a playthrough? I'm curious.
>>
>>389983357
It's very boring and safe.
>>
>>389980347
I wouldn't say I hate it, but Bloodborne is more Soulslike than Dark Souls 3 could ever hope to be.
>>
>>389984252
How so?
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.