[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did they have to ruin games like, socom , ghost recon , rainbow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: r6-operators-echo_275607.png (176KB, 830x710px) Image search: [Google]
r6-operators-echo_275607.png
176KB, 830x710px
why did they have to ruin games like, socom , ghost recon , rainbow six, swat ?

do games like those even exist anymore ?
all the new ones are shit and ruined.
>>
>>389955980
I only know about "Ready or Not" and "Ground Branch" so far

any other games /v/ros?

http://voidinteractive.net/
http://www.groundbranch.com/
>>
people are still playing the old r6 and swat games if thats what you're asking. not a lot playing GR though sadly
>>
>>389956329
no it just popped into my head
i miss those old games, where you were a special forces or swat guy or team not like splinter cell.
and you had to go through missions and use gadgets and guns.
but they just aren't like the old ones anymore.
i think the older more simple ones were better.
>>
>>389957063

Rainbow Six is pretty simple, desu.
>>
Siege would be literally a shinier Raven Shield if they actually bothered with the singleplayer content and removed the operator abilities.
As it is, it's just a flawed yet good team shooter.
>>
>>389955980
People aren't patient enough for this kind of thing anymore. All of vidya is switching over to quick action like everything is a phone game.

Normies can't sit through a game that's longer than 10 hours anymore, nor can they sit through a single mission or level that lasts an hour. So no, you won't get tactical shooters, that age is long gone.
>>
>>389957409
from the short time i played the beta for the map was far to small, team sizes tiny and all it was just camping in a corner. i actually prefer playing rogue spear over it, minus the 3rd person corner whoring and the grenades aoe being huge
>>
>>389955980
I liked wildlands.
>>
>>389957559
kys shill.
>>
>>389957670
Have you played it?
>>
>>389955980
fuck you siege is a mp game and it's great.
If you want a good tactical shooter you shouldn't have been playing rainbow anyway
>>
>>389957930
Yes, and I wish I didn't waste money on this piece of shit. It's repetitive as fuck, buggier than Watch Dogs, and almost every single mechanic is broken.

I haven't found anyone seriously liking this game yet, at least not without seriously minimizing all the issues it has.
>>
>>389957559
The new ghost recon would be actually good if they got rid off the whole dudebro orientation, made the mistakes more punishing and the higher difficulties more rewarding.
Ghost Recon was about hardened men, tough as fuck, doing the impossible tasks as far as regular armies are concerned, not about a bunch of snarky shitters.
>>389957551
Maps make up for their size with verticality, in my opinion.
>>
File: 1498935964484.jpg (233KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
1498935964484.jpg
233KB, 500x485px
>expect The Siege to be tactical like RS but with modernity in weapons and gadget
>everyone need a sci-fi gimmick hitech gadget and blow up walls and floors
i can't get used to this game's pace at all
>>
>>389957930
I'll give you an example of the last time I played.

I started in a friendly rebel camp, and decided to swap weapons. After having swapped them, a common bug occured, as I was left without a gun for like 10 seconds, until it finally appeared. It should be noted that if you're out of ammo in the middle of a fight, you can simply pause the game and swap your guns with others, and get full ammo, because yes, you can swap your guns anytime, even while shooting them. So I fired a bit around to try my new guns, and rebels went apeshit and intervened in a non-existant firefight. Two of them ran right in front of me and got shot; you usually have a penalty for that, your teammates go like "wow be careful that's a civilian!!", and after 3 civilians/rebels killed, you "lose", which effectively means you get a short loading, the area is reset, your aggression status is reset, and ammo is refilled, which is supposed to be punitive, but actually helps. Luckily for me, I hit one of them in the head, so I got a "nice shot!" by an AI teammate, which as you would except, should not happen. After that I refilled ammo by going to the ammo crate, and spent a couple seconds facing it precisely so the prompt would show up.
>>
>>389958251
>buggier than watchdogs
Take that back
>>
>>389958526
I decided to leave the area, and there were only some boats on the river nearby. I requested a helicopter, and it spawned in the middle of a tree, incapable of taking off. Fuck it, I'll take the boat. I start driving down the river, and I run into an enemy group on the shore. I leave the boat's commands, and decide to fire back, but I can't, because it's impossible to stand on the boat, you either sit in the pilot or passenger seat, or you jump into the water. My teammates followed me by jumping into the water, and we all got shot, unable to retaliate. After respawning on the shore, with full ammo and reset area, I stopped a car, kicked out the civilian, and got behind the wheel. It was a pickup truck, and interestingly, you can't get into the trunk, even though it is shown in a couple screenshots used for loading screens. So I'm left with just one AI teammate riding shotgun, and the two others staying behind. I immediately run into an enemy helicopter which somehow figures out from a hundred feet above the ground that the guys in the car are evil Americans. Get shot because AI teammate can't shoot for shit and you can't shoot while behind the wheel. Die again. Then I alt+F4'd this piece of shit and uninstalled it because that's all it deserved.

This kind of highly common experience is the reason why no one can seriously enjoy this piece of shit game. Unless they're shilling.
>>
>>389958542
I hope you're kidding anon. It IS buggier than Watch Dogs. It's like everything you attempt in this game fucks up miserably because of some retarded shit.
>>
>>389958510
Experience helps a lot.
I'm not very consistent with my performance, so I have to rely on my gamesense, accumulated by aforementioned experience.
>>
>>389958629
>highly common experience
lol

So you ran into a few bugs and sperged out about it. Cool story mate.
>>
>>389957506
>the most popular games are PUBG and MOBAS that take an incredibly long time to finish a game of
Uhhhhh
>>
File: 3F5.jpg (183KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
3F5.jpg
183KB, 1364x768px
COMFY
>>
>>389958716
I've pumped about 80 hours into the game and I can't describe any particular moment where the game bugged out repeatedly. I had the invisible gun glitch a couple of times but that's nothing really.
>>
>>389958841
>one is a buggy battle-royal game, which normies play in teams, so their chicken-sized brain doesn't get overloaded
>all mobas except for dota are fucking braindead, doesn't change the fact that it's a shit game
>>
>>389958841
>the most popular games
are Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja and Candy Crush. Get your facts straight. And yes, that's the market on which they're betting.
>>
>>389958814
>>389959078
Let me refresh your memory:

>mines trigger at random, C4 makes as much damage as a grenade
>no rocket launcher, as a result, you can roll around in armored vehicles that get opposed by 9mm fire, and blown up because damage model is shit
>if you can get inside armored vehicle, by finding the right spot to press X to get in, or just run around it for half an hour
>grenade launcher is the only viable explosive ordinance, unless you blanket the area with mines and C4 that kill civilians at random and eventually you fail the mission
>many missions to capture enemies that can shoot at you, can't punch them because mission fails, no non-lethal weapons aside from stun grenades which rarely work
>no reason to melee anyone either, takes about 2 seconds, which is way more time than a bullet, about 90% of weapons can be made silent as a whisper with a silencer, there's a skill that removes silencers' only drawback, and there's ammo everywhere
>atrocious vehicle damage model, shooting through a vehicle's windshield makes it blow up, shooting a wooden fishing boat makes it catch fire
>can't shoot a helicopter pilot through the windshield because fuck you
>can't climb on a boat, can only get on a seat, fall in water when you get out of seat
>crash helicopter into the ground, jump out, you're okay
>jump before crash at low speed and altitude, whether on land or in water, you die
>braindead AI teammates that can't shoot shit
>if a single person joins your game, all three AI teammates disappear
>if not a full party of four players, game is unbalanced
>atrocious helicopter controls, and no crosshair for mounted guns and rockets at release, had to be patched months later
>patch also rendered guns and rockets weaker than a handgun, so now you have a crosshair, but it's pointless
>also unlimited ammo for those for some reason
>can fly helicopter through powerlines and some trees, can drive car through plenty trees too
>>
>>389959374
>AI teammates keep fucking talking no matter what and you can't stop nor mute them, not even in coop mode, and they keep talking over player's discussions and make the whole thing a mess
>small scope missions that don't make use of coop play at fucking all
>reinforcements spawn from nowhere, when they could come from a nearby camp and be stopped, so even if 4 players control all points of the map, enemies still magically appear in between them
>actually small map, rebel camps 200 meters from evil drug producer camps
>can't tail a target from helicopter, nor can several players follow him at different spots using goggles, because gameplay dictates thou shalt be no further than 300 meters from target even though you have a clear sight
>no freedom of action unless it's scripted
>tons of driving, single shitty radio
>bodies disappear
>stealth is random, thus unpredictable, sometimes get spotted when you shouldn't, sometimes you don't when you're in front of them
>little wildlife, none aggressive
>killing 3 civilians forces a game over, which makes sense during a mission, but not during free roam, where the game punishes you by reloading the same area you're in and making you spawn 100 meters from the area you last killed civilians, with no enemies and full ammo: killing civilians essentially nets you a free refill and gets rid of aggression status
>when weapon is out you can only sprint forward, have to unequip weapon to get functional 3rd person sprinting
>need to precisely face things to press X, keep pressing X in front of things because that's the meat of the game
>can't interrupt any action, whether getting in a vehicle or checking the inside of a barrel, which often gets you killed while unable to do shit
>awkward controls for everything, constant interference between various "press X" prompts, have to aim down sights to switch grenade launcher on rifle
>>
>>389955980
>why
consoles and normies

>do games like those even exist anymore ?
if you're willing to subject yourself to multiplayer interactions - Arma or Squad
single player tactical shooters are pretty much dead and Ground Branch is never coming out
I know, it fucking hurts anon
>>
>>389959435
>most of the time the game is terribly silent which makes it feel even more empty, the little ambiant music there is is shit
>draw distance is huge, enemy spawn distance is ridiculous, if you light up a camp from 400m nothing will happen
>request helicopter from rebels, it can spawn from a spot from which it can't take off
>request car from rebels, it can spawn on top of your dead and kill you
>night is dark as fuck, have to use nightvision goggles, but no flashlights, and enemies see you just the same anyway
>helicopters can also spot that 4 people in a car are obviously dangerous americans from 300 meters at night
>land helicopter, get drone out, drone spawns inside helicopter, helicopter explodes, drone explodes, no drone until next death or reload
>terrible sound location, get shot from places you can never identify
>entire sound design sounds like shit somehow, I just hate the sound in this game
>literally have no fucking clue what the story is about or if there's even one because it's so poorly presented
>constant terrible morality about drugs being bad

Now if you played the game from start to finish, you should have noticed at least the entirety of that, and then some, because there's no way the complete list of bugs can be posted in a single thread on 4chan. The devs admitted as much, so really it's hard to deny it.
>>
>>389955980
because they had no epic loot and no multiplayer

bad for facecam people / surrogate parents, bad for the new generation of gamers.
>>
>>389958510
>the siege
You were never interested anyway if you can't even get the name right.
>>
>>389959520
My favorite bug you haven't mentioned is how you can jump from a watchtower and just get a bloody screen, and from two stories higher you're just in a downed state, but if you attempt to use the "base jump feature" from a single-story-tall building you fucking die every single time.
>>
>>389958270
>if they got rid off the whole dudebro orientation
I'm not sure what you mean by this exactly, elaborate.

Personally one of my biggest gripes about the setting, the thing that reminds you you're playing fucking ubishit is the fact that you're fighting to help a bunch of communist revolutionaries and you often hear characters on the car radios giving comically evil representations of capitalism and right wing values.
>>
>reddit six siegeweenie
fuck that game and its playerbase
>SOCOM,SWAT, Ghost Recon, R6
>ruined
>We_want_more_tactical_shooters.MonkeyPaw
is it still possible to play original R6, and SWAT 3+4 coop online? if not i'll just finish their campaigns or just play Vegas 2 coop
>>
>>389959078
You've pumped 80 hours into that piece of shit? Jesus mate, was that your first open world game ever?
>>
>>389955980
I'd actually say Rainbow Six wasn't really ruined except for maybe during the Vegas games, they did shift focus from singleplayer to multiplayer with Siege though.

To answer your question though, most casuals don't have the patience to sit down and learn games like SWAT or Rogue Spear and thus, those games tend to make a lot less money. Fuck, I had a friend that spent thousands of hours being good at CSGO and other popular shooters but he can't be bothered to learn the controls and pacing for SWAT 4 or Raven Shield when we tried to LAN party it.
>>
>>389959726
>I'm not sure what you mean by this exactly, elaborate.

>"Wow guys, we're killing people it's so great! Awesome explosion, rebels gonna go home to their momies and cry! btw let me tell you that joke about marines and the army for the hundredth fucking time!"
Not him, but I guess that's what he meant.
>>
>>389959907
noone plays the og r6, we all play rogue spear, swat 4 still has players check swat4stats. swat 3 can be played with a service like hamachi
>>
>>389959907
>Vegas 2
>tactical shooter
>>389959726
>dude, epic customization, lmao
>retarded ballsitics
>elite specops team behaves like a bunch of teenagers on a spring break
>>
>>389960191
>rogue spear
can i stil play online if i pirate it?

>>389960340
>pulls shit i didnt say
>out of his ass
>>
>>389960414
>can i stil play online if i pirate it?
yes since we use voobly, and once you enter the lobby you get linked to a website that gives you a full install of the game
>>
>>389960414
You literally put it in one row with SWAT and ye olde r6 games.
>>
>>389957551

Siege has gotten better with all the patches, new maps and ops and other balance chamges they made. The maps may seem small but they make uo for it with aspects like the destruction physics and rapelling which give you a lot of options for how you want to approach the objective.
Camping is still a heavy component in the game, but there are plenty of operators where roaming is a viable tactic, hell, caveira is designed as an operator who ambushes the attackers because she can interrogate a downed attacker to give the defenders a brief period of wallhack.
Other aspects have also made pure corner camping a bad move such as capitao's spicy bolts, so even if you're planning to guard the objective you'll want to keep looking around and not staying put in one spot exclusively.
>>
wildlands is good shit, not sure how GR has been ruined
>>
>>389960624
yes and? i never said it was tactical just that i might play it

>>389960574
gonna try to make an account now, but i need a name
>>
Ready or Not looks has potential. The trailer was incredibly and it looks like it's going to do things and go places I haven't really seen. Guarantee it'll take heat for having a school shooting level. Cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>389960832
Okay, you win.
>>
File: 1504730470076.png (151KB, 432x320px) Image search: [Google]
1504730470076.png
151KB, 432x320px
>>389960990
Apologise
>>
>>389960687
when theres a decent sale ill give it another go mostly because im so bored of everything else
>>
>>389959374
>>389959435
>>389959520
I find it rather amusing how much you hate the game to be honest, out of that entire list I've encountered like three of the things you mentioned so your frustration is quite alien to me. I guess it's just a case of "works on my machine"

Also a lot of the things you mentioned are just personal gripes and opinions. It seems like you have a real hateboner for the game, so much so that you made your own nitpicky pastas to shit on it. The game doesn't bug out much for me so I just can't hate it as much as you do. For me it seems to work as intended so I enjoy it for what it is. It's a big tactical open world shooter that you can play cooperatively. It has a lot of the stuff I wanted to see in MGSV's open world. Civilians, factions fighting eachother, varied environments, lots of different side missions and finally, coop.

I just can't NOT like it. To me it just feels like a great blend between Arma, MGSV and tom clancy vidya.
>>
>>389960340
>dude, epic customization, lmao
You can customize your weapons. This is "dudebro" in your mind? Christ calm down.
>retarded ballsitics
Not really.
>elite specops team behaves like a bunch of teenagers on a spring break
Yeah they could have done a better job with the squad dialogue but once again I just can't empathize with the complaints of them never shutting the fuck up, they rarely break out into those dumb conversations for me.
>>
>>389961065
No.
>>
>>389962059
Weapon customization is fine.
Making le ebic cowboys and pink-haired black wymenz is not.
>>
>>389960119
No but it was the first tactical open world game I played after playing MGSV so maybe I'm looking at it from a narrow perspective in how it compares to MGSV in that sense. MGSV's open world was just fucking dead, fucking miserable with little to nothing to do, shitty boring side missions that rarely involved enjoyable gameplay.
>>
>>389962356
>le ebic cowboys and pink-haired black wymenz
What?
>>
>>389961762
Do not I repeat DO NOT get the standard edition if you decide to get it. You'll just be playing catch up unlocking operators.
>>
>>389955980
>socom
never played any
>ghost recon
great coop game
>rainbow six
best online shooter that ever existed
>swat
literally nothing since 4

OP retard
>>
>>389962543
starter*
>>
>>389955980

Swat 4 was fucking god tier just like rs3 ravenshield
>>
>>389958106
>If you want a good tactical shooter you shouldn't have been playing rainbow anyway
It's sad that this is what kids actually believe these days.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.