[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>password must be 8 characters long Okay, I'll just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1500911558007.gif (468KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1500911558007.gif
468KB, 500x350px
>password must be 8 characters long
Okay, I'll just add a number to the end of my usual password
>password must contain an upper case letter
Okay, I'll make the first letter capital
>password must contain a number
I guess i'll add a 1 to the end
>password must contain a symbol
Okay I'll put an exclamation mark at the end
>password must not be easily guessed

FUCK OFF with this shit! It's a fucking videogame account not a bank account! Let me set my own fucking password I can remember instead of having to make up some bullshit I won't remember and have to do "forgot my password" every time I want to play one damn game on your shitty service! I usually just give up and play something else after I try password 3 times and give up. I'd rather have my password guessed and accout stolen than having to deal with this bullshit!

And that's why I'm never buying a non-steam game again.
>>
>>389948668
>Okay, I'll just add a number to the end of my usual password

>I guess i'll add a 1 to the end

??
>>
>>389948668
How about you stop being stupid and make up a decent new password instead of using your 2 decade old one?
>>
>>389948928
Yeah because I sure fucking hope someone doesn't sit there and guess my blizzard password and play my Overwatch. That'd be fucking horrible. Let me make a 20 character long randomly generated password to keep my Battlefield 1 safe! REEEE!
>>
>>389948908
Yah should have proofread that. You get what I mean though!

What I meant was I add an s to the end of an object to make it plural to make it 8 characters.
>>
>>389949262
Nobody sits there and guesses manually, the reason why password with less than 8/9 characters are shit is because you can bruteforce them no problem nowadays even with your toaster, you don't even need dictionaries for that, so every 7 year old "I've just discovered HACKING" can do that. I only use simple passwords on 2-3 step verification accounts, which can still be hijacked, but not by your garden variety scipt kiddies
>>
I have a simple password that I use for non-demanding sites and one full of different letters, symbols and numbers that I use when the site demands a bunch of arbitrary shit.
>>
I hate being forced to make overly complicated passwords.

Its even worse when one has to periodically change said password, fuck you I'll be dumbing it down just trying to make it something I can remember

>inb4writeitdown
That's worse than admin password as user credentials!
>>
>>389948668
I hate it when you can't have numbers in numeric order, like 12345. That's just bullshit.
>>
>>389949503
Even in the event someone gets my password, all I have to do os change it and they're locked out. Almost nobody lets you change the account email without sending you a confirmation to said email. So, unless they also briteforce my gmail, all they can do is play on my account until I discover it.

>>389949680
Don't even get me started on having to change passwords periodically. Everytime I actually start remembering it...
>>
>work password
>have to change it every 10 days
Its fucking infuriating
>>
>>389948668
>it's a fucking videogame account not a bank account
even banks aren't that stringent.
>>
>>389948668
>I'm shit at making passwords and sperg out when the game wants to protect my privacy
Hmm
>>
>>389948668
Apparently the best passwords are just complete sentences that you can easily remember.

"I like big butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny" would be a good password.
>>
>>389950226
Banks are usually anti-strict. 8 characters, no special characters.

>>389950172
And it means that either passwords all have numbers on the end, or they've banned having it be too similar and they're written down somewhere.
>>
>>389948668
>not using Qwerty55 for everything
>>
>>389950697
My bank has 4 character number-only passwords.
>>
File: 1504767796514.png (20KB, 326x272px) Image search: [Google]
1504767796514.png
20KB, 326x272px
>get an urge to play some minecraft for the first time in ages
>account compromised
>sold or given to an indian child with a youtube channel
>he never even tried to change the password
>just let him keep it
>>
>>389951323
That's pretty noble of you. How did you know he has a youtube channel?
>>
>>389948668
Just use lastpass faggot.
>>
>>389952184
they changed the username to the channel
>>
>>389950952
It's beautiful.
>>
It deals, literally, NO DAMAGE!
>>
>>389948668
>his base password doesn't consist of at least 10 characters, two numbers and a symbol
>he doesn't use different passwords depending on how serious the account is
>he doesn't use a password manager
>he probably complains that his 8 character password got bruteforced then blames the company
>>
>>389952813
>his password contains less than 6 asian characters from different languages
>his password isn't a ancient Greek word
>>
>>389953015
>still using *any* human language for your password in 2017
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.