[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't SE tried to recreate the feeling and gameplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1485760172005.png (1MB, 579x937px) Image search: [Google]
1485760172005.png
1MB, 579x937px
Why hasn't SE tried to recreate the feeling and gameplay of the original game? The DS sequels were great games but didn't capture what made this game great.

I would honestly play a straight 1080p port of this game on Switch with wireless/online multiplayer, considering how great the game still looks when emulated.
>>
>>389938386
If you haven't noticed. Final Fantasy lost confidence in and gave up on classic Final Fantasy, and spinoffs of classic Final Fantasy. Which is why they haven't been doing anything but shill FF13, 14, and 15,

They even demanded that Bravely Default changed its name from Final Fantasy to Bravely Default as to not sully the Final Fantasy brand.
>>
>>389941174
If you haven't noticed, Crystal Chronicles is nothing like a classic final fantasy.
>>
>>389938386
No one liked Crystal Chronicles.
>>
>>389942571
I did. Mostly because of the soundtrack and atmosphere though.
>>
>>389942516
It's no doubt much more in the same vein as classic Final Fantasy than modern Final Fantasy.

If you had FF9 and FF15 what camp do you think it'd fall under?
They want Final Fantasy to have a contemporary feeling to it for some reason. Or at the very least wanted that.
>>
>>389942571
>No one liked Crystal Chronicles.
Only because you needed 4 GBAs with 4 GBA/GC cables in order to play it properly.
>>
>>389943083
Seconding this, the game would have been alot better if the multiplayer wasn't garbage.

I'd buy another sequel anyway.
>>
>>389942571
NIGGA

FFCC was the fucking best. Playing it solo or with someone else was a fucking trip and easily had the BEST soundtrack to any final fantasy game
>>
>>389943174
Nah dude, series evolve, just because the games are one style right now, doesn't mean they ABANDON LE OLD NOSTALGIA, or is going to stay this way forever.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fn1Pw-LxU8
>>
Never really got to enjoy the multiplayer of the original because everyone had to have a GBA and I didn't know anyone with one who also had a cable for it. God, that really fucked me off.

I loved the base game, it felt so complex to an 11 year old me, but I always wanted multiplayer. Really disappointed.
>>
Playing this with two friends that came over from the other side of the country around Christmas was one of the comfiest vidya ever got for me.
>>
>>389943315
So how come they rebranded or killed every non-FF13 related project?
MMORPGs aside.
>>
>>389938386
i really love this game for gc, i played it a lot with my friends, i think SWITCH is the perfect console for such games
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.