[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is objectively one of the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: sod-cover.jpg (178KB, 800x545px) Image search: [Google]
sod-cover.jpg
178KB, 800x545px
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is objectively one of the game of all times.
>>
>>389937373
>Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is objectively one of the game of all times.
You just saw it on the twitch page huh?
>>
>>389937373
t. Russian
>>
File: 1504972853196.gif (625KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1504972853196.gif
625KB, 150x150px
>>389937413
No
>>
I honestly prefer 2 over 3.

Will we ever get a good one? 5 with the expansions was excellent but 6 and 7 have been dumpster fires.
>>
>>389937536
You know that homm is dead right? ubisoft will not suport it afeter the VII fail
anyway, homm 3 is timeless and hota is fucking great
feels like a natural expansion
>>
>>389937994
I know it'd dead, and I know Ubisoft will never give it the proper attention and respect it deserves.

But I can always hope, and despair.
>>
>>389937536
My nigga, 2 is maximum comfy and has a way better art style.
>>
File: 1444663237085.png (1MB, 441x603px) Image search: [Google]
1444663237085.png
1MB, 441x603px
>>389937373
Aged poorly in specific ways.
Campaign is dogshit and matches take an entire day if you play MP.
Also, it's massively imbalanced.

So despite some issues, this is why I prefer 5, 6 and 7 over the older ones, even though when I put nostalgia goggles on I prefer 2 and 3.
>>
>>389938381
>massively imbalanced.
What is hota?
>>
File: Chadjon.jpg (65KB, 669x504px) Image search: [Google]
Chadjon.jpg
65KB, 669x504px
Christ i hope Jon gets the might and magic name back so he can make some sick fucking games again
>>
>>389938556
There is absolutely no Heroes game someone could make that would please the """""fans""""" and sell well. Most of the people that complain about the games after 3 don't even play 3 now or didn't even play it a lot back in the day.

Basically people only want 3 but would still complain if they got something that was simply a more polished and visually better looking.

So the franchise should just die.
>>
>>389938671
im talking about a new might and magic game too tho

the rpg series you normie
>>
>>389938948
>the rpg series you normie

Yeah, I own several of the older ones and Mandate of Heaven is my favorite. I loved reading through the manual as well.

That doesn't really change the fact that a new M&M game would have to play like Elder Scrolls for it to sell and having several party members would have to go.
At best they could try for a kickstarter and make something in the vein of Grimrock, but it would just be more of the same shit I've played for like 9 games now.
>>
While at the same time not even the best game in the series.
>>
File: dANvobygR6g.jpg (31KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
dANvobygR6g.jpg
31KB, 800x450px
/v/ is objectively the board on 4chan
>>
>>389938252
>art style
this and music as well
>>
Brainlet here, how do I get into these games?
>>
>>389939443
You play them.
>>
>>389939443
I'm far from an expert myself but one of the first things you should remember is that in every game the first one-two weeks are paramount from a unit production point.
When levelling up your heroes remember that some skills are either little or completly useless.
The schools of magic from best to worst:
earth>=air>water>fire
>>
>>389938381
> matches take an entire day if you play MP.
That's only with inexperienced players. In reality most MP matches resolve within a couple hours and a handful of days of gametime.

Of course it's not streaming material with 15-minute MOBA sessions so it's too boring for all the 14 years old on Twitch
>>
Is part 2 still being sold somewhere? Would it run on modern systems? The artstyle in 2 looks really appealing.

Also, does anyone else here play WoG? Is Horn of the Abyss worth checking out?
>>
File: the thinkinger.png (49KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
the thinkinger.png
49KB, 230x300px
>>389938671
>There is absolutely no Heroes game someone could make that would please the """""fans""""" and sell well.

Well of course. Fans of III already have III. It's like Team 17 producing dozens of Worms games that nobody ever asked for because Worms 2, the perfect game, already exists. There could be some rationale in courting gamers outside of the already established fanbase, maybe a mobile installment or something for consoles (because let's be real here, the only reason Heroes has the popularity it does in Eastern Europe is because Eastern Europe is predominantly PC poorfags) but it would require a more talented and smarter dev than a bunch of German game design graduates.

Horn of the Abyss team already does quite a lot to keep III community alive - just recently they added a fully functional multiplayer lobby (To a 18 years old game!) that's currently very active with a few hundred people online. That's as good of a fate as a niche game such as this could hope for. Not Age of Empires numbers but Microsoft up to MUH WINDOWS 10 was a lot smarter with Age of Empires than Ubi ever could be.
>>
File: lobby.png (387KB, 1188x710px) Image search: [Google]
lobby.png
387KB, 1188x710px
>>389941896
>Is part 2 still being sold somewhere? Would it run on modern systems? The artstyle in 2 looks really appealing.

https://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_might_and_magic_2_gold_edition

>Also, does anyone else here play WoG? Is Horn of the Abyss worth checking out?

WoG is dead. HotA is the present and the future of HoMM3.
>>
>>389941535
HOMM3 actually have pretty huge twitch following for such an old game.
>10,974 viewers right now
>>
>>389937373
HOMM5 has better gameplay overall.
King's Bounty has better turn based tactical battles, unit variety and overall ability variety for each unit.
Eador has a much better strategical component.

HoMM3 was good during its time, but it's old and busted now. No wonder even Russians have finally given up on modding it.
>>
>>389943563
>HOMM5 has better gameplay overall.
In some respects this is not untrue. What holds it back is poor visual style, terrible RMG and AI turns taking a millenia to complete.

> No wonder even Russians have finally given up on modding it.
Hahaha what >>389942057
>>
>>389943763
Homm2 is the best. Homm3's factions are over-balanced and the art style is less comfy
>>
What the fuck is "hota"? Is it a mod? I thought HoMM3 moddign died with WoG?
>>
>>389943973
>Homm3's factions are over-balanced
Please. They lack sufficient distinction that wouldn't truly come until H5 but if you're implying H2 lack of balance was good in any way you're insane. You play Warlock or you're fucked. Necropolis has a skeleton ball gimmick that works on some maps and doesn't on others, Wizard is just a worse Warlock and everybody else are basically fucked.
>>
>>389944023
Horn of the Abyss a mod positioned as a fan expansion aiming at fixing balance and extending features solely within mechanics of the original game. Other than a brand-new faction it adds simultaneous turns and a working multiplayer lobby.
>>
>>389944023
Horn of the Abyss. Global mod for HoMM3.
>>
>>389937373
It aged like milk though.
The campaign is boring as fuck and a game like heroes is not build for multiplayer(despite people playing it online) and its design flows show the most when playing skirmish maps.
>>
I liked 4
>>
>>389937448
>tfw russian but never got the appeal
Should I revoke my slav card? It just looks like an ugly game of checking boxes and collecting loot until you make 9000 skeletons and win in the dumbest combat system ever.
>>
>>389944630
Sounds like you have a terminal case of shit taste. Don't worry, every nationality has people with this affliction.
>>
>>389943763
No way 5's RNG is even close to as bad as in 3.
>>
>>389942262
What are the odds that some e-celeb was playing it at the moment? If you checked Twitch a few months ago, Metal Gear Reddit had close to 20k viewers, but now it's back to a more reasonable 1.
>>
Why is the only people who streams this Russian?
>>
>>389937413
>You just saw it on the twitch page huh?
What?
>>
>>389945168
>No way 5's RNG is even close to as bad as in 3.
RMG, not RNG.
RMG is random map generator.
>>
>>389944628
Me too
>>
File: hotseat HoMM Russians.jpg (147KB, 807x606px) Image search: [Google]
hotseat HoMM Russians.jpg
147KB, 807x606px
>>389944628
4 had the best campaigns. It's pretty much the only HoMM game that is fun to play in singleplayer.
>>
>>389946305
HOMM3, Fallout 2, and Warcraft 3 are the holy trio of games every 25+ russian played to death
>>
>>389949229
Counter-Strike is a greater icon to Russians to any of those, except maybe Warcraft 3 thanks to DotA.
>>
Are there any "rules" for multiplayer games? I know they ban necromancers and conflux because they are supposedly overpowered (why?), but are there other rules people universally agree on?

Is there a list somewhere with explanations on why such a rule is on place?
>>
>>389949484
CS is pretty much a worldwide phenomenon, just like Dota
>>
>>389944630
I wish Putin would put you into gulag, cyka.
>>
>>389944628
gets a lot of undeserved bad cred imo. it's not as good as 3, but it was still very fun to play.
>>
>>389943563
I loved Eador for 20 hours, but it seemed to lose its charm. Every map was just grinding until it was over. Am I wrong?
>>
I've seen this first-hand. I've seen officers having a HoMM3 LAN party during work hours in a military base. In Bulgaria.
>>
>>389954685
>>389949087
Meant for this
>>
>>389944628
Best OST in the whole franchise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDXNSWJLuo
>>
>>389955065
>literal sample music
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.