[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the """appeal""" of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_oog23fKhCm1w6uiy0o3_1280.jpg (73KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oog23fKhCm1w6uiy0o3_1280.jpg
73KB, 1080x1080px
What is the """appeal""" of this character?
>>
>>389933758
No whatsoever, he's a shit character just like any other in DA:I
>>
>>389933758
He has appeal?
>>
He was pretty tolerable but I still switched him out for Dorian. Him, Varric were all I needed for background banter as i fucked about in deserts and forests and graveyards and shit.
>>
File: tumblr_oubwpemoy41sk51m7o1_1280.png (388KB, 546x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oubwpemoy41sk51m7o1_1280.png
388KB, 546x810px
>>389933758
He's actually well written and you know he's hiding something, but you think he's gonna reveal it to you near the end or during his loyalty quest and so you never suspect anything serious. Then the epilogue scene starts and you remember all the small hints scattered throughout the game and feel like an idiot. Great voice actor and great romance, too.
>>
>>389935880
I never got around to finishing it, what was he hiding?
>>
>>389933758
what's the """"apeal"""" of this game?

honestly I tried to play it, I thought surely /v/ were exaggerating how bad it was, fuck I was wrong
>>
>>389935926
he is an old god before the veil existed
>>
>>389935969
That's it?

Neat.
>>
He is a '' tragic villain '' who doesn't actually want to kill people cuz he feel bad about it but he has to because he is racist.
>>
>>389935928
Try a controller sweetie ;]
>>
>>389935984
It's kinda more complicated than that.
He's basically the one who created the veil to seal other elven ""gods"" in it during a rebellion. The creation of the veil basically fucked up the elven empire so he's directly responsible for the downfall of his race. And the forest elves who think they are preserving ancient traditions are actually tattooing themselves like the slaves of old without knowing the meaning of the tattoos.
>>
>>389933758
Probably his basedness
>>
File: tumblr_ouy5vi06bT1rxrqtko1_1280.png (1MB, 1061x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ouy5vi06bT1rxrqtko1_1280.png
1MB, 1061x800px
>>389935984
Actually he is the elven wolf god Fen'Harel, remembered by the Dalish as the Satan of the pantheon for locking away their benign gods out of spite. He actually did it because they were assholes who enslaved and tortured their people. He created the Veil to stop them and imprison them somewhere, but the Veil caused the elves to lose all their magic and immortality, so now he wants to tear it down to restore the old world
>>
>>389933758
I mean, if you didn't suspect something with how his default specialization was "void magic", you're a little dumb.
Shame the game plays like an MMO or i'd like it.
>>
File: 1401969019244.png (50KB, 155x177px) Image search: [Google]
1401969019244.png
50KB, 155x177px
>>389935880
>"Are there any dwarven stories about tricksters?"
>"Do you know a lot about wolves?"
>"The best villains are those you don't see coming, the ones who always were at your side and think they are doing the right thing for a good cause."
>"He calls himself Pride."
>"I will not believe the artifact lost until I've seen its broken remnants on the ground."
>"Dirth ma, harellan."
>"Then what I must tell you... the truth."

Replaying the game a second time truly made me feel like a retard. I admit they did a good job with him and his storyline.
>>
>>389936534
Same with Blackwall. If you replay you can see in his acting in all the different convos that he's hiding that he's not really a Warden. It's really subtle stuff like he'll have very faint hesitations in some lines that you wouldn't pick up on before you knew.
>>
File: tumblr_oog23fKhCm1w6uiy0o2_1280.jpg (69KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oog23fKhCm1w6uiy0o2_1280.jpg
69KB, 1080x1080px
>>389936534
Solas' personal quest:
All new, faded for her. Anagram for Dread Wolf Fen'Harel
One of the final quests in the game: What Pride Had Wrought
>>
>>389936668
Yeah, if you bring him to the Winter Palace, the servant will announce that he is the Grey Warden Blackwall, who earned the Silverite Wings of Freedom. When you ask him what he earned them for, he goes into full panic mode and stammers a few lines. His answer about the Calling if you bring him to the Warden hiding in Crestwood is super vague, too, he probably didn't even have any idea what the Calling was before hearing it there.
>>
>>389936829
That and the one mission where you go into the deep roads in the Hinterlands where the Carta is chilling at, the Inquisitor will ask him how many Darkspawn he senses, and he almost loses his cool and just says "I'm not sure"
>>
>>389933758
/pol/, the character.
>>
File: tumblr_oms7fcYGet1r3g1efo1_1280.jpg (422KB, 1000x1297px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oms7fcYGet1r3g1efo1_1280.jpg
422KB, 1000x1297px
>>389936816
Fucking Weekes. I'm glad that guy is lead writer, now.

Also "All new, faded for her" might also refer to Solas' real nature: in Trespasser one of Cole's cryptic comments says something like "He didn't want a body, but she called him to her. It left a scar when he burned her off his face." People think he's referring to Solas, originally a spirit, who got convinced by Mythal to assume a physical body (just like Cole did and Solas is extremely interested in that) and became her slave. Later he removed her vallaslin using his special spell for the first time, resulting in that scar on his forehead.
>>
Regular Mage
>"The Fade is some wimbly wombly bullshit"

Solas
>"ACKCHUALLY"
>>
>>389937103
This is why the mages need to be purged
>>
>>389936225
>>389936347
So fucking stupid. That's always Bioware's fucking issue is they don't know how to keep the mystery of their settings, a plot point like that fucking destroys a lot of good lore building because now everything has a set point and can drga in plot holes. It's ME3 star child shit
>>
>>389937149
They're just slowly explaining things. If they didn't then I have the feeling you'd just bitch that they're squandering the potential of their setting.
>>
>>389933810
sure and if you hand him an orange he can even be appealing
>>
>>389937149
Well, in this case it actually makes sense and it adds more charm to the entire plot and lore. One thing is to explain the barrier that keeps the two worlds separated and show why this wolf god locked away his brethren (it would have been boring to keep saying "lol because he's evil") and another is to ruin the mystery surrounding an alien species which CLEARLY the devs had created for another purpose, but that the series' constant rewriting caused them to become the most generic bad guys ever.
>>
>>389937231
They're also bad at wrapping things up. Seriously, there are so many things that need a conclusion and plot points that need to be focused on, and BW keeps coming up with more and more plot points that they barely have time to solve any of them.
>>
>>389937149
I think it works better in this case because Solas has actual motivations rather than "we are beyond your comprehension".

>>389937537
I can't refute that.
>>
>>389937537
In DA's case, I think they are following a very precise path, although it took them three games and a ton of other media to get here. The Well of Sorrows, the Seekers, the Titans, the surviving ancient elves of the Arbor Wilds are mentioned in Origins and they said they planned the truth about the elven gods and Fen'Harel since Day One. These are plot points that are getting resolved or brought up only now and I think we will see them concluded in DA4, DA5 at most. Now the focus of the story is finally wider, not narrow and blind like the one in Origins, and we're finally dealing with world-changing stuff.
>>
>>389935926
HEs GAY
>>
>>389937231

I like the way they are expanding the lore game by game. The biggest downside is that you have to play DA2 to get most of it and that game is literal shit.
>>
>>389938282
DA2 has fun combat and sarcastic Hawke is fantastic. Honestly its biggest problems are the reused areas and super rushed third act, but what can you really expect from a game that was made in like 7 months.
>>
>>389938282
What sucks is that you have to buy dlc in DA2 to even understand Coryphus, otherwise when Hawke and verric start talking about him you get lost.
>>
>>389937957
*gasp*
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.